Speaker 1: I'm Ali. I came out after twenty years of marriage and I have three kids.
Speaker 2: I'm Melissa and I have two kids, and I came out at thirty seven after an eleven year marriage.
Speaker 1: This podcast is about coming out later and the struggles and victories that come with it.
Speaker 2: When coming out feels like the end of the world, but it's really just the beginning.
Speaker 3: This is the Lesbian Chronicles.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, quick trigger warning ahead of this episode, we do talk about suicidal ideation and sexual abuse.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Lesbian Chronicles.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have to be like on now that we're filming all these I'm like.
Speaker 1: It makes me nervous when I see the TikTok. I know, four yea three, it counts down.
Speaker 4: It does like this five four three two one, and it's like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, we're live. Yeah, do it. So I want to just start off by saying we did. You couldn't be there and you would have freaking loved it. But just the park, you know, for those of you who don't know, we are doing a documentary about the Katie Janie murder. It kind of will be sort of the documentary version of the podcast that we did. We have some incredible guests lined up. But we did a reenactment of the Dog and Katie in the park with Three Paul Productions. It's a filmmaker that's making this documentary and we actually were at Piedmont Park at the you know, at nighttime, at the entrance and both entrances actually where there's speculation that it happened. But the footage is so unbelievably real and good that I just even the dog that we used to play, Bowie, is spot on Bowie. Yeah. So I just I think this is going to bring it so much more real for people so they can kind of really get a visual and see what happened. But also seeing the park from the drone footage, the path, the way it winds around in the city is just I hadn't even seen that vantage point. So I think it's it's going to be really really good. I'm excited about who gets to see it and maybe what it sparks and people to remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I mean we see that happen a lot with some of these unsolved crimes, where you know, it just takes someone like talking about it and kind of I think adding new layers to it, new avenues to explore and that's really what we're trying to do with it. And yeah, like Sam with Three Paw Productions is amazing, Like now is that you guys sent looked incredible? I can't wait for people to see it. And yeah, it's I think it does. Watching it actually, I was like getting chills. Like the video, I was like this, God, it gives such a different perspective like you're saying, and it's and like, yeah, like seeing the aerial video of Piedmont Park and it kind of really shows you how wooded it is and that kind of the city and the trees, you can just see how someone could have gotten away so easily.
Speaker 1: I still think it's bizarro that they didn't catch them, but you can see now also though, in addition to the fact that yes, they could have gotten away, you also see how close these businesses are. So it's just like here's the traffic light and the cars and the side streets and the traffic just whizzing by. Yeah, it's like it's not I think it's when people see it all, they're going to be surprised. Welcome, Kiki, you made it.
Speaker 5: Sorry am I late?
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, we are recording already though, just so.
Speaker 1: You're we got it doing. We did a little we were introducing We've got a documentary we're filming, so we just kind of introduced it. But we want to focus on you, Kiki. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 5: It's a pleasure to be here. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how did you guess? How did you find us?
Speaker 6: I love I'm a performer here in the city in Twin Cities, so I'm always looking for things to get involved in, our interested in and so I actually found you through sapphic Social on Instagram. Okay, you were in their stories. I was like lesbian chronicles. I was like, what is that? I followed along and then I found your page and I was like, oh this is cool.
Speaker 1: Oh great, well, thank you. I'm going to remember that sapphic Social and that's cities.
Speaker 2: To write that down yea too, because we love any organization that is trying to bring people together in specific cities I think is amazing because it's you know, it's one thing to be following some like lesbian page that doesn't have like a community behind it, and then when you find one in.
Speaker 4: Your city, it just feels like finding your people.
Speaker 5: So exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what she really means is she likes when organizations plug us. That's what she really means. Tell us a little bit about your your journey to get here.
Speaker 6: Oh man, So I've actually been on my own since I was seventeen. Yeah, yeah, well I think I knew back then that I might be clearer, but it was something that's frowned on in the black community. My mother actually looked at me and she's I was going to tell her I felt different, and she said, if you ever say something like that to me, I'm gonna throw you out. So that was when I was sixteen. So it's just something I buried, like deep inside of me and never approached again. I didn't date at all much of my life. I was just really lost when it came to that. I didn't understand why. I was like, why do men not find me attractive? I was really confused. Secretly though, I was watching women porn, but I was like, oh, it's just a face.
Speaker 5: I just think women are beautiful, and yeah, I'm in the arts.
Speaker 6: So right fast forward, I'm thirty eight COVID hits and I am sent home to work from home, like I'm locked in my own apartment by myself having to look at myself, and it was scary to ignore what was going on inside of me.
Speaker 5: I went out a lot.
Speaker 6: I was a super extrovert, never allowed myself to rest or thing for myself, and when I had to do it, I cried a lot. I had never been in therapy. That's also something the black community does not do. Like therapy is not something we do. You keep everything in the house. But my chosen parents at the time, that's why. That's why I know they were now. But back then they said, we really think you should get a therapist. And my first session, I was sharing my life with her and she's like, do you think you might be gay? And I remember I just cried. I never said it, like, I never said it. I thought about it, but no one had ever looked at me with so much acceptance and said that to me. I said, I'm so sorry, I can't stop crying, and she said, it's okay, you know, lay it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I just that was my whole session, was crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you were thirty eight when that all went down.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to me what you said about kind of keeping yourself busy, and I think that's what so many of us do, and like, there comes a point where you can't stay.
Speaker 4: Busy anymore and you've got to like sit in.
Speaker 2: It was that how you felt was like it's just once you sat that, the feelings and.
Speaker 4: All that stuff and thoughts started going.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: At this point, I didn't have much of a relationship with my blood family.
Speaker 5: I was on my own.
Speaker 6: There was a lot of decisions I made in my personal life that they didn't agree with.
Speaker 5: I was. I was the black sheep, but out yet, No, we're not in. Yeah, yeah, that's a whole other story.
Speaker 6: My my my mother's a pastor, and so we used to all be really religious. I was involved as well, But around thirty five I started to think differently. There are things I didn't agree with. I saw my first Pride march, and I knew I was supposed to be there. My church was strictly against it, but I wanted to see what all this was about, and I cried the whole time. I had never seen so much acceptance, Like I'm like, this is what pride is. Like I thought they were evil demon satanists, like like homosexuality. No, I'd be praying for them, and I'm like it's they're happy, like they were so happy. It just it was beautiful that shifted me. I couldn't ignore it. So I'm sitting in an apartment. I can't go out to dinner, I can't go to happy my friends, I can't go to movie theater. I can have to sit and look at myself and figure out why I don't like me, Why I hate being alone, Why I fear quiet. I never had quiet. I always had something on, something going. It just scared me. And that now I know, is because there was so much happening inside me that I needed to let out. Yeah, I was going to die. I was really suicidal aft time. I would say between seventeen and thirty eight, like I think I most took my life like six times.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: I thought it was.
Speaker 6: Because I was a horrible person, but it was because there was this career person in me that wanted to be out stay. I love women like I want to kiss a girl, you know, Yeah, I want to express myself. So yeah, So I sat there and once I said it, I couldn't go back. Like it was too late. I said I'm gay, and I was like, no, maybe I'm bisexual because my mother. I was still trying to win her back and she wanted grandkids. So I tried to have sex with a diet. It was horrible. Yeah, yeah, penetrate me. Like my body was like, no, are you okay?
Speaker 5: I was like I really. He's like I need to take a nap. I said, oh, oh jeez.
Speaker 6: But he's laying in the bed next to me and I'm just laughing like I'm gay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Said, can you leave? So he left and I invited this girl over. We were both forty something, I mean, excuse me, in her early forties, and I was like, can you teach me how to talk to women? I don't know what the hell I'm doing. It was horrible. I had no cool gayness whatsoever. And she cames over in his tiny dress and she's like.
Speaker 5: I like you. I freaked the hell out. I was in my batman pajamas. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: It was fucking like she was there to teach you, but she was like hitting on you. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Ready to take notes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I was going to say I could use some notes.
Speaker 2: I was curious read the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hadn't.
Speaker 5: I haven't.
Speaker 6: I hadn't dated at all. I felt so lost in naive. She she said, you want to kiss me? And I remember looking at her and I was like, the church isn't here, my family isn't here.
Speaker 5: In my own apartment, I can do this.
Speaker 1: Nobody will know I'm an adult, yeah.
Speaker 6: Which is It's funny because because I was so emotionally scarred from past trauma and narcissism and physical, mental and sexual abuse, I was still very much a child and like this adult body, interesting teenager in this adult body.
Speaker 5: So it was such innocence.
Speaker 6: It was like when I kissed her, I said, I don't hate I thought I hated sex. I've been a victim of sexual assault before, so I thought sex wasn't something that was for me. But when I kissed her, I was like, wow, Like I felt my whole body just go respond. I hadn't felt that years. And we ended up consummating and I didn't know what the hell I was doing.
Speaker 2: I figured it out well, I know, on the job training.
Speaker 5: On the job, I was so scared.
Speaker 6: I was I said, what if I bite or miss you know whatever something And it was the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced in my life ever.
Speaker 1: I love this, did she turn out to be more than just that, or was it a relationship or it was just a physical awakening.
Speaker 6: This is where we get into the chronicles. So unfortunately, I have this weird habit of attracting women who are married. Oh no, we had sex that time. She left and then she came back Another time. I ordered this pizza and she's like, do you want to be my girlfriend? And I was like sure. It didn't last more than a month, though, I ended up finding out she had a real bad dread problem. She had a husband who found out about me. That was interesting. I was like, oh no, but I mean I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Speaker 5: I mean I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Didn't know there was such a thing as marathon sex. But that was awesome, very good.
Speaker 1: Well then, so then what after? So you that relationship's over, then are you feeling confident of like, Okay, I've got one under my belt.
Speaker 6: It took me like six months before I met my next one, and I swore to myself, I said, I'm not going to get another woman that's married.
Speaker 5: And we met in a walking group. Oh yeah, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 6: But we met in a walking group and I was really attracted to her. It's funny because I get a lot of shade for her. But I love dating white girls or someone that's not my color. I call it like cream in my coffee because I love seeing our skin together. And I love how flushed your your skin gets, when it's like you're like in a frozen passion. I think it's beautiful. So I was like, so she was no that car. I was like, oh, she has this cute short hair.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 6: So we talked the whole walk. It was like two hours, and I was really attracted to her. And then I saw the ring on her finger. I said, I can't ask, I'm sorry, and then she sends me a picture two days later she has cut the ring off her finger, like literally like it's a metal ring and she has it's cut down the center and she said, I want to show you that I'm committed to this after.
Speaker 1: A walk, after a two hour walk. Okay, that's my red flag right there. Forget the wedding ring. I was so emotionally immature to your point.
Speaker 6: I was almost mature, and I had watched too many Disney princess movies and I was just like this is magic, this is what's supposed to be. Like I had this really stupid view of way to me rom com you know. So yeah, so we started dating and I found out about her. Oh my god, it was worse than the first one.
Speaker 1: What Melissa and I are both wondering how she cut the ring off? I can tell Melissa's at er.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have that laying around, like like what.
Speaker 5: She remember because the picture she sent me I saw her stick shift. So I also wonder how.
Speaker 1: Also, why couldn't you just do the old soap soap and vasiline trick? Right? A lot of questions, A lot of questions.
Speaker 5: For this questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean I think these stories though.
Speaker 4: It's like this is what we do when we I think.
Speaker 2: You know, you're excited about someone, you get so excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you you will believe what you want to believe. So you're right. It's like if somebody is telling you I want you so much that I'm cutting this ring off my finger, you are the one for me. It was so romantic at the two hour walk, like your brain is like chemical oxytocin excited. Yeah, and I think.
Speaker 4: You and like waiting all these years.
Speaker 2: To have that kind of experience where it finally feels aligned.
Speaker 4: Was like we go into like crazy person mode, you know.
Speaker 5: Such facts, and yeah it was.
Speaker 6: It was such facts like and when I look back at it, I'm like, you really settled. I only saw her two days a week and you weren't even full days because you had to go home to him.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he curious about the ring? I'm sorry, I keep going, what would be like, where's your ring? Girl?
Speaker 4: Well, there was a terrible accident.
Speaker 6: You know, if I wanted to be more more sure back then, I also would have had those questions.
Speaker 5: But I don't know if he wondered.
Speaker 6: And then I found out she had two boys, two kids, two kids.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, it was bad. That one was. It was real bad.
Speaker 6: During that time, I'm made a decision that I was more masculine than film. So I made a decision to reduce my breast significantly. And she told me that she would stay. I said, okay, So I did it and she left and she wasn't there to take She told me she would take care of me. She didn't, and so I ended up getting an infection in my right breast, and so no feeling there anymore. So when she left me, I had got this a house because I wanted to show her that I could take care of her, you know, and the two kids. You know that I was serious. So, yeah, she left me. I was still peeling for my wounds. I felt so stupid. It was just, yeah, what reason?
Speaker 1: Like what happened? Was there like a fight?
Speaker 6: Was there like a she said she realized that she wanted someone more film.
Speaker 1: Oh so why did she let you? Why did she encourage you to do the surgery? And this is like this, that's she is. It's her problem.
Speaker 6: When she met me, I had really entered this strong mask phace like I had bress. But I was very mass dressing, and so it wasn't like a surprise. It's just that when they left, I guess I wasn't pleasing to the eye anymore.
Speaker 4: But how can you feel since you have surgery?
Speaker 6: So in the beginning, I thought I was doing it for myself. Now that I have more emotional maturity, I realized I did it because I really wanted to be accepted by the queer community.
Speaker 5: It's been hard being.
Speaker 6: A black lesbian in this community in Minneapolis. It's very clique. It's very hard to date or meet anyone. And so the decisions I made cutting off my hair, minimizing my breast are if I choose to where just masculine, it's like I'm invisible. I've dealt with it, I've made peace with it. Why I did it, and now I make decisions for myself because I want to do it. But yeah, back then, I was like, I want to fit my button up shirts. My breasts are in a way.
Speaker 2: I think it's a struggle for a lot of like mass presenting lesbians. You know, like the clothing it's not designed for larger chests, and a lot of the time, like even buying men's clothing, you know, it's can't get big enough.
Speaker 6: So because if you buy it too big, it's it's right up here because it's huge down there.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Can you talk a little bit too though about you mentioned a few things about being in the black community.
Speaker 4: For one, I've heard.
Speaker 2: This of like, you know, you're kind of judged within your community for being gay, but then it also sounds like and then they're not going to like let you in the group when you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 6: So I'm I'm from Ohio, I'm not from Minneapolis. I moved here when I was like very young, and but I realized immediately that the black sister I was was not going to function in Minneapolis. I would be blacklisted. So I co switched immediately the jobs I wanted to acquire. The corporate jobs. I knew that I had to talk a certain way, act a certain way, dresses certain way. And so because I've been in my own since I was basically seventeen, I literally entered the corporate world at eighteen and I haven't left. So now I'm forty four, and I'm this very properly talking the very friendly, bubbly person. And so usually my people have cold that went into you know, they've got some street credit, some former of black history or flow or ethnic that I don't have. A lot of times I call myself a white black girl because it's when I try to spend time with them, it's just they're like, you're too white, like you don't understand us.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I was just trying to make it.
Speaker 1: Because I remember years ago watching an Oprah's who like had a story about the black community on the down low, and she was like, there's a whole sub community of gay black men. It was what she was talking about. But she was like, because culturally, it's you're so disenfranchised if you are a gay black person, and so they end up having bigger issues because they're having to find sex on the street or like you know, doing drugs because you're not accepted and you're kicked out at a young age. So obviously it's happening to women too. But I'm curious, like why is is it because you're already marginalized or is it because there's more of a religious doctrine? Like what is it that makes I wouldn't say the white community is fabulous all around, but it does seem more accepting than the black community. And I'm so curious why you would say that's true.
Speaker 6: You know, it's so funny because I never want to complain about something until I've done everything I can to break it. So we have like little get togethers here in the cities. They'll be like an LGBTQ event, So I'll go to all of them. I've been to hockey games, breakfast as, social get togethers, feed dates, all of it, and it's it's and I've literally like, why are you afraid of us, because that's what it feels like. It's like everyone else is talking, but I'm in a corner. It's okay, room queer people and feel completely alone.
Speaker 1: Even the queer community is isolated. Yes, okay, black and white. It doesn't matter color. It's more just like something about you feel like your situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know it's funny, it's not even I've talked to other people of color who feel.
Speaker 5: The same way. But and you're right, what we do is we isolate.
Speaker 6: And the men are lucky, like you said, they can meet some guy on the the street, or they can find someone on grinder. They can do that and be satisfied. I'm demi sexual, so before I'm into with someone, I have to form an emotional connection to them. And I've literally had women message me like and I'm sorry, I can't. That's just not who I am. And it's lonely a lot of times, like especially since I've made a decision that I'm not going to take married women, it seems like that's what everybody wants.
Speaker 5: I don't get it, but it's lonely a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's what is tell us the definition for people that don't know of demisexual.
Speaker 6: So give me sexual Is you require an emotional connection in order to be into it with someone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're right, like a man doesn't necessarily biologically need that, so he can just meet someone at a club, go home with them, and never talk to them again. Versus you're right, like a woman, you're not going to a club and just very often, I mean that would you don't hear about that as much. And we have a lot of gay friends. I don't know that. I can't think of any of our friends.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's also like a little bit more on like the maturity side, you know, like we're not in our twenties, so the idea of just hooking up with a stranger that I just.
Speaker 4: Met that day or whatever is like.
Speaker 2: So foreign to me now, Like I relate to what you're saying, like I need to know totally are like how you tick all those things in order to find somebody attractive.
Speaker 1: But think about like a single forty year old man. It see, he'll go home with anyone he doesn't care.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, hands want a resume in references?
Speaker 1: Yeah you want references?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's disappointing because what we do is so intimate to me, And I know there's different forms of sex, but I'm the full Monty. So for me, it's not just some people see it as fucking. I don't see how you do that with a woman. It's I don't see how that's possible.
Speaker 5: It's art. To me, it's passion.
Speaker 6: Like how many people can say that you come with your partner at the same time and you're not even touching you, but you're giving them pleasure. Like, that's emotion, that's that's breath connecting, that's mind's coming together, that's you feeling that person with your heart and your soul. That's what I want. I don't want the basic stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, when you're at the dating things, how does that come across? Like what creates a situation that you end up getting alienated? It is it like is it mostly a mixed crowd of black and white people, women, lesbians that are there at a speed date? And then is it that you off the bat are like like I would be like asking questions and trying to like get to know them so that maybe there is a connection, But it's like you feel like these people it's harder to connect for some reason.
Speaker 6: Actually, so when I go to these things, no one the only people that talk to me are usually married. I don't know why rut Polly Amory is big here. I want to I could have a lot of partners right now, like Polly. Women love me like I don't know why. But actually, yesterday I was at an event and three of them came out to me. I guess it's not my thing.
Speaker 5: I tried it. I ended up with a broken heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't like sharing my person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how I feel like the GALY relates to that too. It's just like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I understand that it's a good fit for some people, but I just feel like it feels like being like on a team when you don't know that you could be kicked off at any time exactly.
Speaker 6: I tried an analogy, and I tried going into Maybe I need to be more open minded, so I tried going into poly events.
Speaker 5: Still nothing. It's funny, Alex.
Speaker 6: I know I'm special, I know I'm different, and so it's not going to be anyone that gets me, right.
Speaker 5: But I think the hard part is is.
Speaker 6: When you try and nothing happened, you know, right, And I don't look you know, obviously I don't have hair, I don't have breasts, So it's sometimes I wonder if that's part of the reason because I've made those decisions.
Speaker 1: But I know, of course that means far more. Like to me, I can tell when someone loves who they they are. I can tell when they're When I talk to somebody who has confidence about who they are, I'm at ease because I don't have to then make you feel some kind of way. So I think that's beautiful. And it could just be that the people at these events just aren't your people, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and like looking at your Instagram like you're a performer, like you're on stage singing, and but like your style. It definitely like there's some pictures where you're wearing a dress. There's somewhere you're wearing a button down, like it's very you know, there's two sides of it, and I think that's really intriguing. But maybe like you're kind of saying, people don't know what box to put you in, you know.
Speaker 6: But I think it's when you say that, Melissa, because like when I perform, I don't get a lot of gigs because they're like we don't know what you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not a drag king, You're not a drag queen.
Speaker 6: Like what are you? I'm like, I'm just me. Yeah, And I don't want to be in the box. I love being non binary, you know, It's it's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, and I think it's really relatable.
Speaker 2: Ali and I talk about this a lot too, as far as like how coming out you start, your style changes so much, you know, like I spent years trying to play this role of like the straight suburban mom dressing, you know how I everybody around me was dressed. And now I'm just like, I don't care, and I want some days I want to look more masculine, some days I want to look more feminine. And it just kind of depends on the day totally.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're better now about picking available women? Not just the married thing, but BEM and married women are not available many times.
Speaker 2: For many being more mindful like yeah, approached by the poly people or the married people and being like it's not formal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it took me going through two more of them. Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you keep learning the lesson until you learn it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's tell you, like, there's it's a there's a saying for it. Make make a fool of yourself or something. Times you gotta bump your head.
Speaker 1: But yeah, touch the stove.
Speaker 4: That's what I always say, the stove, like ten times. But I got to touch it like two more, like to make sure, just to be sure.
Speaker 6: But what's funny is it took me meeting the last one, like she's like my best friend now, which is crazy. And I'm proud of myself because you usually I used to always felt like I had to settle for what was there. But there's something I was going to I realized it's because my like my whole life, I never felt like loved scene or accepted. I've never felt like I was special. And when that woman looks at you that certain way, or you get to hold her hand, spend time together, I love companionship and I love physical touch, it's it's beautiful. And when I realized that was because I didn't didn't get coregulation as a child, or because there was a little version of me that needed to grow up. So once I started doing that work, I was able to mature and say no to those bad things and say no, I'm going to wait a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really interesting. It is, and to wait so that you're free when the emotionally available, healthy person comes along, you're ready. Yeah, what do you find yourself attracted to?
Speaker 6: My God, I love a good personality. I'm a big nerd, so I love me. I love me a nerd. I also I love I love to smell good, and I love to dress nice, and I like someone who loves themselves.
Speaker 5: I guess what.
Speaker 4: Kind of a nerdy things are you into?
Speaker 2: Because I know people say that, but they could be like a Star Wars nerd or like a Harry Potter nerd like neither neither.
Speaker 5: Nope.
Speaker 6: I am Batman, spider Man, Lord of the Rings, sailor Moon nerd.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you reconciled with your family?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: So my dad was very physically abusive to a point I've blacked out most of that time my childhood. So when my mom moved us here to Minneapolis, I didn't know she had me very young, so she kind of decided to do her whole phase. Yeah, she went wild, Like I was like, what the hell is going on? She forgot to be a mom. She became I'm very narcissistic and demanded stuff from us that was beyond was ridiculous. So she was a very horrible person. That's why I ran away at seventeen. Between that and her boyfriends were all drug lords, all of them. I mean, why do you get someone like, why is everyone into drugs?
Speaker 5: What the hell?
Speaker 6: Just yeah, you know, one of the guys actually ended up molesting me and gosh, yeah, she didn't believe me, so she sent me back to my abusive father.
Speaker 5: So that was it for me. I was like, okay, like I'm done.
Speaker 6: So yeah, we tried, and we've tried a couple of times, but in the end, she's just a horrible human being. Unfortunately, she turned my siblings against me, so I haven't seen any of them since twenty nineteen. Oh I'm sorry, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah about a lot.
Speaker 6: It was very painful because I knew that was all I knew was family, Like that's why I was taught, you know, was family is all you have. And sometimes it gets hard for me and my body's going through a lot physically right now.
Speaker 5: I'm wow.
Speaker 6: Love is my therapist always reminds me that there's just place in me of.
Speaker 5: Strength that I need to hold on to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, i'd always make sure I go find it so I can keep my head up.
Speaker 1: Oh. I love that. That's a great place to wrap because I think everybody needs to have that inside of them that they can pull from when times get hard.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can tell like you've got a love of love in your heart and positivity and you know, learn some hard lessons along the way.
Speaker 1: But we all, yeah, we're all coming back from something, so I agree. Yeah. Well, thank you so much, Kiki for coming on Lesbian.
Speaker 5: Chronicles, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? You're a performer, so where can people watch you perform?
Speaker 5: My goodness?
Speaker 6: Okay, June sixth I will be at Anoka Pride Day perform me and then I will be in sink Cloud that evening at a drag show at b Side Music Cafe. Oh that's from six to nine. And then on the thirteenth of June, I will be hosting Slash performing at Golden Valley Pride. That's from twelve to six.
Speaker 4: Very cool, amazing on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Your love, Kiky Joy and we'll link that in our show notes too.
Speaker 4: So thanks awesome, thank you.
Speaker 1: So much, thank you, thank you, thank you for having on. Absolutely awesome By Bieye.
Speaker 4: I want to support the Lesbian Chronicles podcast, Rate us and write a review on Apple podcast or Spotify.
Speaker 3: We love listener feedback.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to share your story, email us at Melissa and Ali at gmail dot com. That's Melissa M. E. L I. S A and Ali A L l I at gmail dot com. Or follow us on Instagram at Lesbian Chronicles