Speaker 1: Listen is WWE superstar Drew mcintylor, and you're listening to the WWE podcast.
Speaker 2: Show, the one that everybody wants met for sixteen So guy, just rub your ass is mynd.
Speaker 3: You can acknowledge me what is going on?
Speaker 4: Everybody, and welcome to this week's Main Event review hosted by myself Daniel. I hope you guys have had a lovely weekend and were officially less than a month away from WrestleMania, and I have to say I am extremely excited. It looks as though the card is shaping up nicely and as predicted, gonna bring it out early in the fold a triple threat match between c and Punk, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns, which will be pretty exciting nevertheless, but again, I do feel as though, and like everyone's saying, there needs to be something that has to be attached to this match. Hopefully Seam Punk's favor is revealed and that kind of is the main stipulation of what the match is going to be, whether the winner gets a match into the Night two of WrestleMania, whether they move this match to the.
Speaker 3: Night one of the main event, or whether the winner.
Speaker 4: Gets a title shot in the future against the winner of Cody Rhodes and John Cena, but we'll have to wait and see. But today we're going to be reviewing the two matches that occurred on Main Event and a few of the snippets that happened across SmackDown and Raw as of this week as well.
Speaker 3: So really excited to get into it.
Speaker 4: As mentioned the last two weeks, have started my own podcast at the Huddle Within, so appreciate you guys checking that out as well. It's available on wherever you get your podcasts, Apple Spotify.
Speaker 3: We also have also have a.
Speaker 4: YouTube channel as well that has the videos of this of the Spotify episodes and the weekly episodes as well, so feel free to check out that.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: I'll try to leave a link in the description below, but without further ado, I think we can get started with the first match of Main Event, again hosted in Brussels, Belgium. Just before the Raw show, we had Zoe Stark against Natalia, and Zobe Stark got the victory here with a I think it's a GC thirty finish out the name of it's called not too Sure, but she defeats the Natalia here in five minutes and five seconds in what was a pretty routine match, not nothing too crazy going on. The only thing that I found pretty funny was Natalia doing the Sucker DX pose to Zoe Stark, which was quite a surprise and it was cool to see. Yeah, the Belgium crowd popping off and going quite nuts, which I'll talk about later towards the end of the episode. But again, yeah, the Belgium crowd really hot for a main event, consider doing the match there, But yeah, Zoe start getting the victory. Natalia failed the chance to go three in a row. She won her last two matches on main events, that failed to get her third victory and doesn't really do much for the two of them. If I'm honest, I think if Zoe Stark and shanea. Beza can fight for the tag team Champions, there might be something that's worth But at the moment, there isn't much room for them to do anything on Raw and there's nothing that really catches my eye to see where they can kind of fit into to WrestleMania. And again Natalia also not really having any plans for her in the future as well.
Speaker 3: I did see something a few weeks back actually of her talking about Maxine do Pre on a podcast and saying that like something along the lines of her like respecting Maxine as a talent, but not really wanting to work with her because she feels as though she can do stuff that's more worth or like higher. But I just kind of think that's pretty pretty weird because she hasn't really done anything for a very very long time now, and I think what better way to be a mentor to someone like Maxine Dupris, who right now is just the manager of the Alpha Academy hasn't really done much in room work. It would be great to see them to.
Speaker 4: Team up and kind of get her mentoring, because I think Natalia is not going to do anything significant for the remainder of her career. I think now she's at the backhand and it's time for her to kind of give back and put Superstars over. And I think the stuff that she said about Maxine Dupris was probably harsh. I don't know if you guys have seen it, but I think it was quite harsh and doesn't really reflect where she is positioned in the in the WW at the moment, Like she's not gonna get a total match anytime soon or do anything significant. So yeah, we're just something interesting that I caught out, and her getting the loss here doesn't motivate that either. There's no plans for her. They're not obviously giving her momentum to move forward. So yeah, are lost there and Zobe start getting the victory. That pretty much covers that match. We then move on to SmackDown. It's quite old now, but we've seen Diy take on the Street Profits back in Barcelona for the Tag Team Champions, with the Street Profits.
Speaker 3: Getting the victory. Here.
Speaker 4: We saw Johnny Garga Gonna accidentally super kick to Marso Champa, which gave Montas for the opportunity to perform his splash and get the victory. There quite a surprise for them to get the victory. But I think with the way they've been coming out since the Elimination Chamber, with their new look kind of something that's a bit different, and I kind of like it too. They've got a bit of an edge and an attitude towards them. They haven't transferred fully to being heels, but you can say they're not as nice as they were before.
Speaker 3: So pretty serious and aggressive, which is.
Speaker 4: Good to see, and I think that was shown in this match, and also since they've come back and that might have granted them the opportunity to win the Tag Team champions here, Championships here, and yeah, a pretty solid back and forth match. The crowd, we're really into it and very happy to see, I guess a title change here from the events that we saw at SmackDown. We are going to see them defend the title against Pretty Deadly in the UK, and I'm not going to be surprised if I see Pretty Deadly win the titles the way this is looking to be with the tag team division, which mind you, has been really really good, really encapsulating as well, with so many different teams getting involved. There obviously is going to be a multi team match at WrestleMania, so I wouldn't be surprised if Pretty Deadly win in their home crowd in the UK against the Street Profits with a bit of musical chairs for the title and then ultimately awarding it to someone at WrestleMania. Most likely will be probably the machine Guns if I'm honest, because they haven't really been involved in any championship matches, but it's safe to say that we're going to see a multi team ladder match or some sort for the champion.
Speaker 3: So far, we've got five teams. Maybe there might be a six.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I think five teams are locked in as well with Legarda del Fantasma and Berto is looking a bit, in my opinion, a little bit Sussa the Mam. He hasn't seem as aggressive as as Angel and Santos esco Ba, and I feel like Santa bar is going to be involved in the match so far. And I don't know if you guys saw a few weeks back, you might have missed it, but he was talking with on Driday after a match, so maybe they might team up as a six team.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's just something that I'm going to throw out there. But you've got Legata del Fantasma, sorry maybe with Angel and Berto. Then you've got pretty deadly, You've got the Murder City machine guns, and then you've got dry in the Street Profits. So a really really strong tag team storyline as well, lots of factors involved, perfect for a WrestleMania Ladder match. But again, montes Ford and Angela Dawkins the Street Profit are the current champions, and I don't mind it one bit, they will have the chance to defend their title. Continue this attitude, and if they are able to run with this, then I don't see why they would lose or drop the title. But again, I just have a feeling that there's going to be a bit of musical chairs when it comes to moving this title around with pretty deadly getting the victory here. Could be completely wrong, but I'm definitely certain that they're going to do a multi tag team championship match at WrestleMania, which will be extremely, extremely.
Speaker 3: Exciting to see.
Speaker 4: We then go to Monday Night Raw back to Raw, with the main event of the show being Finnbala against bron Breaker for the Intercontinental Championship. We see Dominique, Mysteriou and car Leader getting up to their typical Judgment Day antics trying to help Finnbala win the title, but this goes all wrong when Dominique takes bron Breaker off the corner and it forces Ballot to lose balance and lanth on his nuts, ultimately costing him the match. And yeah, bron Breaker defending his title and getting the victory here. We then see Judgment Day ambush bron Breaker and then Penser coming out to save them. And what I found quite interesting was seeing Dominic Masterio grab the Intercontinental Championship belt before Pencer came out. I don't know if you guys have noticed the little smirky hat on his face, but again, I see another multi fatal four way potentially here for sure. I did say in a few episodes back it was going to be Dominic, Finn, bron Breaker, and aj Styles, but it feels as though that it's going to be Penta now of course beating beating Kaiser, and I did mention that he would go for the title as well, so it made a lot of sense Penter coming out and then basically clearing out the judgment day with bron Breaker and then facing each other off at the end. It looks like they're going to be fighting for the title together at Glasgow as well, so we're going to see bron Breaker versus Penter there, and I am certain that there's going to be a disqualification of some sort. I feel as though the judgment they are going to come in and interrupt the match because Pender hasn't lost, and I don't think they're gonna give away the title to bron Breaker. I'll give it away before WrestleMania, So definitely look out for the Judgment day coming into this one. I don't want to make a spoiler or but it's just my personal prediction. And with the tensions that Finn Bala and Dominique Mysterio have, that will give a perfect excuse for them to to be involved in the Intercontinental Championship match as well. Obviously Finn Bala being upset that he got costed the match by Dom or else he would have won, and then Dom obviously having that feud with Bala and the way he kind of held that championship was pretty suss if I'm gonna be honest, So they're gonna potentially fight at WrestleMania. That's kind of my prediction. But again look out for the match tomorrow. If bron Breaker does win, I'll be very surprised for Pener to get his first.
Speaker 3: Loss in a match on Raw.
Speaker 4: So yeah, definitely lots of factors to be involved here, but that match is going to be extremely exciting to watch. It's going to be a very good match. I think, a big display with Penser being red hot at the moment and bron Breaker being young and up and coming and the current Intercontinential Championship Champion is going to be very, very exciting and I'm actually really keen for for that match, so yeah, again look out for what's going to happen there.
Speaker 3: We then get snippets of rear.
Speaker 4: Ripley coming in and interrupting the contract, putting Eskuy onto Bianco bell Air on top of the table, which the table didn't bulge, which was a massive surprise to me. And then we had further conversations backstage, basically Peers saying that to give the contract back, she's not going to be in the match, but we all know that eventually rear Ripley is going to be involved in this triple threat match. It seems as though the beef is mainly with Bianco Bellair, but er Skuy is also getting involved attacking backstage as well. But yeah, we're gonna just have to wait and see how real Ripley emerges herself into this. They're obviously resisting that she shouldn't be in it, but again, it's gonna happen, so we just have to wait and see as to how that will happen. Maybe we'll find that next week's Raw or will be probably in the future as well. But again that little interruption was interesting. With these three, I think the way that's going to go down is Eo Sky looks to be the one that will most likely retain because of the fact that I think Bianco Ballet and Rerily going to get in the way of each other since they're the ones that are feuding the most. And you can see that the fans are really gravitating towards Eo because she's extremely.
Speaker 3: Exceptional in the ring. She seems as though she's sort of the quote unquote underdog, being the smaller one and the one that's not getting the spotlight in this feud.
Speaker 4: So it just makes total sense if Eoskuy retains, But again we'll have to wait and see as well.
Speaker 3: Well. I'm waiting for Oscar or Kyrie Saying to come back because that might open up around possibilities for Eskuy to potentially be feuding with those two in the future. I know they're not they're still part of technically part of damage control, but.
Speaker 4: I would love to see a few of the Japanese women's wrestlers get into a little bit of a feud for that championship, and I think they would have an unbelievable match with either or so yeah, I'm not really sure what's happening, I think, and Kyri Sanes still have big injuries, so we'll have to.
Speaker 3: Wait and see for that.
Speaker 4: But again, er skuy is just red hot at the moment. The fans are gravitating and really loving her, and it makes complete sense because she's honestly probably one of the best in ring performers at the moment.
Speaker 3: Honestly, in my.
Speaker 4: Opinion, it's probably a hot take, but across both men and women's divisions, I think she has been the standout in ring last year and this year as well, so I think they will continue to keep going moving forward. I think that wouldn't be the wrong decision either. We then get onto back onto main event with they call them miss the main events that the commentator said otis and Akira Tazaladi Alpha Academy coming up against the war Raiders, and I think the war Raiders being on here isn't the worst thing because there's obviously been so much that's happening across Raw and SmackDown that they haven't had their chance to get any TV time, so it's good to see them on main event getting matches still and still building momentum.
Speaker 3: They get the victory here.
Speaker 4: In six minutes and twenty seven seconds with the war Machine as the finisher, as expected, But what I'd love to say say is that the crowd was really gunning for Otis here. The Belgium crowd was up and about for Otis the whole time, and up and about as a whole across.
Speaker 3: Both shows to be fair.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Otis getting all the momentum here, but again, the victory was always going to go to the current World tag team champion there, and they.
Speaker 3: Haven't really mentioned anything about them, whether they're going to fight at WrestleMania or not. But yeah, there's no real feud or plans. I know.
Speaker 4: They just came off a small, little like run with American Maid defending their titles. But the only opponents that really make sense for them and I think should beat them is The New Day, And we haven't seen them here either, but I think the New Day and the war Raiders will make a perfect match for the title. Give the New Day back the championship and kind of get this, He'll run going with some gold around their waists and then performing some like hell antics to keep their titles with constant unfair victories and cheating in, etc.
Speaker 3: So hopefully we can see the New Day take on the war Raiders, and if not, hopefully we can see the war Raiders actually defend their title at WrestleMania. Doesn't seem like there's going to be space for them, But why wouldn't we see a title defense or a title match at WrestleMania. It just doesn't seem to make sense.
Speaker 4: Maybe they can put them on the pre show or something, but I think the war Raiders need an opponent, and what better opponent than the current New.
Speaker 3: Day who are heal. It's a face versus heel. It makes complete sense to me.
Speaker 4: Just the way they're going to do it is going to be something interesting. Maybe there's going to have to be a number one contendership match, or maybe this is the new they just decide that they're going to call call out the war Raiders for those titles. But yeah, the war Raiders is getting the victory here. The Alpha Academy continue to be the main event staple, not getting victories but getting a lot of heat. I still want Otis to do something significant, hopefully in the future, but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case anytime soon, which is quite unfortunate. But we then move on to just a little preview of what's going to happen in Glasgow, Scotland with j Usso and a mystery opponent taking on Atown down Under, and all I'm going to say, if it's not Joe Hendry, there is going to be major strations from me because why would they do a mystery opponent and not give it to Joe Hendrew who is from Scotland, the hometown hero coming back to WWE and fighting a towndown Under would be something amazing. The crowd would give a massive pop and it'd be something interesting. But I think one thing I must mention, and I'm not saying that it's going to happen, But you guys probably don't know who Joe Weller is is a YouTuber. He has recently been on Logan Paul's podcast mentioning that he wants to be a part of WWE. There has been a few back and forth tweets with him and Austin Theory I'm sorry Grayson Waller, the Aussie icon Grayson Waller calling him a flog and everything. So maybe he might be the opponent, just to have that make it a little bit spicy between him and Grace and Waller. But that might not be the case because obviously Joe Waller is from the UK and they're going to be having a matches backdown in the UK as well or in London. Scotland's in the UK, but in London, I mean he's from England, so I think.
Speaker 3: Joe Hendry makes the most sense.
Speaker 4: But suddenly tells me it's going to be someone like Sammy's ain to surprise everyone, but everyone be like disappointed in that, so again we'll have to wait and see excited for that. We also have the Intercontinental Championship match between Riccao Rodriguez and Lara Vlkira, which I suspect Laara Vlquirai all in that match easily, so again we'll have to to wait and see what happens there there. And we finally close off the show with yes, John Sena's promo. They end the main event here, but it did start with it did start with this at raw at the main event that closed the show with this, which which makes complete sense. John Cena comes out to his own music, which didn't really surprise me. But at the same time, I was yes, hoping for a bit of a full change of heal music and etctera, and I did mention how this was going to go in a European crowd. I would have I thought it would have been better to have it at the home crowd and see their reactions.
Speaker 3: But boy was I wrong. The crowd, as I mentioned.
Speaker 4: At the start of the podcast and even towards the middle, went off and they continued to go off. They obviously cheered when his music came out for like the first two seconds, and then immediately it changed the booze and everyone was giving John Cena a lot of heat, which was fantastic to see singing the John Cena sucks into the malady of his song, lots of.
Speaker 3: Booze and yeah, just perfect.
Speaker 4: Like John Cena came out, delivered his promo and basically was acting like the victim, which was a massive surprise too. I would have thought he would explain his actions in a more sympathetic way or more to just say like why he did it, But he didn't even mention why he actually attacked Cody Rhodes and sold his soul to the rock. He basically just mentioned how he's been given the fans everything for twenty five years and they've basically, I have been abusing him. They've been saying like they'd been making him visible, jokes for him for for so long, basically just crying and saying that, yeah, he wasn't able to be himself. He did it all for the fans, and yeah, now they deserve nothing. So we don't get his new music, we don't get no new clothes, new outfits. And it's kind of a smart way to keep the merch because my biggest concern, well I think ww's biggest business concern would have been if they were to turn John Cena heel and stop giving out merch, they would lose so much money in merchandise. John seen in his promo, perfectly allowed the WWE to still sell his merch and people are still gonna buy it because his last year, so they're still gonna make a shit ton of money with the merch that he has while still being this heel.
Speaker 3: So the amazing work there.
Speaker 4: He mentions that it's his music, it's the way he looks, and everyone dresses like him.
Speaker 3: He doesn't dress like everyone else. And then we get Cody Rhodes coming out and delivering a very effective promo. Again, I don't understand why. Well, in hindsight, yes, if we take out the storyline purpose, like when he's not going to obviously attack John Cena before WrestleMania, because obviously they want to protect him as much as possible.
Speaker 4: But when you've got attacked brutally by Travis Scott and Johnsoner literally get kicked in the nuts, punched in the face with a Rolex twice, hit with the belt twice, literally got your clothes ripped out, and the first thing you don't do is come out to.
Speaker 3: Attack that person is a big surprise.
Speaker 4: But again, Cody Roads remains calm, basically doesn't let John Cena talk, which is probably for good for his sake because John Cena could have probably annihilated him in this section due to his unreal promo work, but basically said that he wants to look for the sixteenth champion, John Cena, not this whiny little bee, which was effective and to the point they both end up Curdie Roads ends up walking out and John Cena walks out as well, And I'm sure we're going to see more promos between the two of them. Hopefully some brawls, but I don't think this feud needs to have the same brawls as what we've seen in other feuds with security pulling people back and holding the fighters back are like, it does get too much, and I think for these two, I don't think it's necessary. I think the war of words is going to be something that is much more effective there. And yeah, we're getting really close. I don't know when The Rock is going to come back. Hopefully The Rock comes back soon and has something to say with this, and hopefully we get to see what John Cena has to say with aligning with the Rockers. Again, he didn't really mention that in the promo, which makes sense because I think we're going to get to that slowly, especially with another probably eight or so episodes of shows between SmackDown and Raw. It does seem as though John Cena is only going to be featured in the Raw shows, which doesn't make sense given that Cody Rose is technically a SmackDown superstar. But again, Netflix probably had to say in that one, but yeah, we're getting closer, guys, We're getting closer to West Romania. And yeah, I'm just really keen to be able to, yeah review this with Main Event as well. It does make the episodes go for a lot longer and gives my kind of opinions as well. So happy that Main Event is like allows me.
Speaker 3: To do this. But yeah, the shows are still good.
Speaker 4: The matches in Main Event are still entertaining and going to keep you guys. Yeah, posted on those every single week, so feel free to check those out hopefully and hopefully you guys have been enjoying it too. But yeah, I guess that will be all for for this week's episode of the Main Event review. Again, feel free to check out my other project, The Huddle Within. It's a podcast that goes into the sports but beyond kind of like the surface level entertainment like the normal hot takes and whatnot. We go deep, we go into the psychological aspect, we go into how it kind of transports transforms lives. And I also have a few different type of guests, more Australian type guests, so be interested to see kind of those type of people are very Ausy themed if you guys are from another world, just to see how kind of we operate.
Speaker 3: But looking to bring.
Speaker 4: More guests in the future, hopefully from different parts of the globe and with different sporting backgrounds and even potential athletes as well. So yeah, feel free to check that out. I'll leave hopefully a link in the description below, but again, I will catch you guys next week for another main event review and I hope you guys all have a pleasant week as well.
Speaker 3: Cheers.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to WWE podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.