Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome everybody to episode one forty of Cards and Categories. I'm my Coolard from Baseball Perspectus and I am joined as always by my very good friend but from on the road, Jeremy Brewer from Rasball. How are you doing tonight, Buddy.
Speaker 2: Doing well, doing well.
Speaker 3: I'm in Nashville today that we were talking before we started, right across the campus for Vanderbilt, so trying to get some scouting done, but they're unfortunately not playing. So I'm just happy to be here at the wrong time of year. Maybe not the wrong time of year, but just off by a few weeks. But anyway, on the road, traveling, but we can't miss out on a good podcast. So excited to be here, excited to chat with some baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, maybe not the greatest year or to have been in Nashville trying to see some Vandy baseball. This is not their finest year. It's kind of an upside down SEC standings that LSU has also been bottom three along with South Carolina and Missoo bringing up the rear pretty much as always in the SEC that my littlest brother went to MISSOO and I am always like do you ever go to any baseball games, and like because Max Sures went through there and stuff, and I think Ian Kinsler too. I was like, you know, maybe it's a good program. He's like, no, not since Ian Kinsler Max Schures are and that makes me feel old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's let's not talk about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it will be a good weekend for college baseball, so I'm looking forward to that. You got a lot of like the tourney starting to kick off and all the comings and goings of college baseball playoffs, which will be fun. But we're going to focus on the MLB side here a little bit. We've got a pretty loose agenda because you are on the road. Where, uh, what hotel chains Wi Fi are we counting on to hold us through.
Speaker 2: We're at the Low's Nashville, so it's love so the Wi Fi will hold out.
Speaker 3: I think we got a good chance here, but if not all just like I said, there's probably a university library nearby that I can go to. I'm sure that they'll allow a random guy to go in podcasts in their library.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's totally totally cool with everybody who's got open Wi Fi networks as well as like I mean, it is strange having a baseball related conversation not on Marriott WiFi. So we'll see if the Internet allows us to get through this pod successfully. First, if you are checking out this podcast, going too those show notes, I will be linking to everything that we are discussing. You can also find down there a ras ball subscription that you can get signed up for, so you can have access to all the great tools on the website between the hitter Tron, the Streaminator, and some of the reliever tools, as well as just supporting a great website, supporting some great independent baseball media, and also supporting the writers as well as I believe the subscription does also wipe out the ads, which is substantial. Those things do bog down the computer if you don't have the subscription. So certainly lots of great stuff going on at rasball check it out, but we are going to get into the news and notes that are down there. You could probably tell from because I'm gonna nickname or I'm gonna name this podcast loose. Feeling loose, I think is what I'm gonna go with, because we've got loose bodies everywhere. They've been leaking all across the big leagues. Now, I do think that we have an interesting conversation here because one of them is going of the new injuries, is going the route of Treek schoobl who we actually saw on the field this week that he's already doing long toss and to be able to come back very quickly from that elbow surgery. So it seems like some of the agents speak that was coming from the Scott Boris and John Hayman's side might have been closer to the truth than I think I initially anticipated. In Treek Schouble, what they did with that procedure on Scooble was it was a small loose body that gets it's been quoted over and over that was the size of a lima bean that they pulled out of there. And essentially what was happening in trigued Schoobel's elbow was that that lima bean would become wedged in between bits of the elbow and cause pain and soreness. And so what they did is what Boris named a scoobole scope, which actually I think he might have been onto something that it was like a clever bit of branding, you know, kind of like Tommy John surgery or something where we thought it was just Boris hamming it up. I think there is a newer procedure for this that they've been starting to use, because well, I'll just get into it. We've got two new pictures that are down with loose bodies, Max Freed and Blake Snell. It sounds like Bike Snell. No, maybe Max me I should have maybe pulled up the actual milbe trade rumors better. But they are undergoing the actual kind of scubale scope or whatever, and so that will maybe make the time frame a little bit quicker here than what we were used to. And I think it's I read that it was Snell. It's going to be undergoing.
Speaker 3: The uh undergoing undergo a scubole scope and food has They're calling it a bone bruise at this point in time.
Speaker 1: Which is more concerning.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if it's more concerning or less concerning. It's kind of in the middle thereof to your point, if you're just taking a single loose body out, maybe that's a little bit better if you can truly scope something like that. The bone bruise is one of those that just like, how did you get a bone bruise? In your in your elbow and what what really is the precursors that is that now inflammation is the issues. And you know they're saying he's gonna be shut down for a few weeks and then they'll kind of see from there, which is I think always the thing you don't want to see from. I feel like we've had a rash that this year, and like I think in just like the last two weeks has been like Chris Bubich, Cole Reagan's uh read like a number of guys that have just been put on the I L because of some type of injury. But it's just I need a little bit of time off and work my way back and then would be injured again work my way back. And I think both those aforementioned Kansas State Royals have already played that game. They think they're both on their second since if I recall, and so I think the same can be saved for Free, who's also a great start this year. But it's it is concerning it it's one of those or something much you can do. You got to hold them and wait versus you know, Snell, And I actually give the Dodger just credit on the Snell They're just they're making a choice, which is I think is better than some other organizations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it is, so thank you for correcting me. You were obviously reading the news a little bit better than I have been from your hotel there in Nashville. Freed is dealing with a bruised elbow. Snell is the one dealing with loose bodies, and he is doing the Nando needle is the more official kind of terminology. But they not yea, not the scoopbol scope. It can't and it can't be the be the Blake snake because we've already got scoobole scope and nanoneedle, so Snell will be down with that surgery. But it does sound like they're getting it lined up to what you would see in terms of a more typical surgery timeline there, where they're saying two to three ish months, which is where Edwin Diaz was as well. I also do wonder if there is a little bit of a factor between, you know, with Treek Scuoble and Blake Snell getting these surgeries and Edwin Diaz that you know, these are teams between the Dodgers and the Yankees, and well, the Yankees with Max Free kind of shutting him down with this elbow soreness. Treeks Scouble is going into free agency. I do wonder if there is like some push right now. You know at this point too, you know you can go down for two or three months and still return and get in tune for the playoffs. You're looking at a bunch of players here that are headed towards the playoffs, looking for deep runs. I wonder if that is a part of the calculus as well, especially when you're looking at Snell and Diaz from the Dodgers, in terms of let's get the surgery done now, let's get it out of the way, let's rehab so that you're ready to go on October. Because it does feel like it's a little bit like when we were going through the spat of like the damaged UCLs and everybody was like, actually, every pitcher has a pretty banged up UCL. It's just kind of what degree of UCL damage do we have. I think there's something similar going on with loose bodies here too, where there's an element of the volume of damage that pitching does to your arm. It creates, you know, calcified bone deposits it creates just other gunk going on in the overall elbow that I'm wondering if there is a pattern here where the teams are saying, hey, let's get this put out of the way now so you're not dealing with it for another couple of weeks. What do you think is it something where the concentration of all these injuries is happening You think maybe because of some of that prevention, or is it just the luck of the dice that they're all kind of coming up snake eyes right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I would say maybe a little bit more luck of the dice, But I also think a little bit has to do with the fact that there does seem to be a better treatment than what there has been the past, and so in the past I think maybe not been reported quite the same way where it might just be inflammation or dead arm or things like that, which are a little bit more broad terms, and they're not going to get into hey, there's loose bodies, because now we're going to have to debate a year long surgery or something like that.
Speaker 2: So I do think some of it.
Speaker 3: Is the medical advancement, to be honest, and when they're looking at and saying, hey, this guy can be out for two months and be back later this year. We could see that he's fully healthy, normal offseason. There's a ton to gain from that, versus let's do a platelet rich injection and then let's give him a month of rest, Like we can just go ahead and get it addressed and end up in the same exact spot, but not have the concerns of will he be back, can he rehab? All those types of things. So I think there's a combination of things going on here. Yeah, definitely some just coincidental timing, But I think really it comes down to a little bit of this advancement from a medical perspective where folks can actually make the call and they don't have to hide behind some of those other terms that are just broad. It's always like the the sore elbow going to get evaluated for a second time.
Speaker 2: Used to meeting Tommy John.
Speaker 3: Now you know there's some different bone bruise maybe means loose bodies, which means two month surgery. So I guess to be seen, but it definitely seems like just the nature of the game there, they're being a little more aggressive with picture injuries than what we've seen in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that's very fair, and I mean, I think you'll also see this kind of reflected in you know, Marmo's Dad's rankings that came out this week. You know, Sarah's did a big update of rankings on the Athletic where the top there keeps being more and more players moving towards the top because we're losing more and more pitching arms from the ranks, and so you know, you're getting some pretty generous rises from some players across the board. As you know, you've even got Shane McClanahan sneaking in the top twenty fives now just because I mean, the dude can barely go five innings, but because of the people falling around down around him, he's still moving his way up. But I think it is going to be a fascinating year as we kind of sort these things out, and it doesn't necessarily look like there's quite the saviors that we had last year in terms of you know, the Nolan McLain's, the Trey Savages is, the the Jacob Misowski's, Chase Burns is those type of arms really came through the ranks quickly last year. And I don't know about you, but I haven't. The minor league pitching has been much more meh for me this year, and especially like I know Kate Anderson is carving it up down in Double A, but there's a ball change that happens from Double A to Triple A in the majors that trips up a lot of guys. I guess a lot of those players I just listed off before getting into Katie Anderson is not We're not immune to that. Last year, you know, they had to go through it and they did okay. But any players maybe in the minors that you're targeting to try to replace some of these guys or what are your thoughts on just the overall talent level down in the miners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the first thing that I'm looking at is probably not the minor league pitching. It's kind of those just like back in arms that can give you some volume and be in games. Like I saw one of more leagues, Andre Polonte nominated today, and I'm like, well, you know, a guy with a one point three whip keeping him below four ARRA and the chance for wins. It's a little more attractive than has been in the past. Because his arms not falling apart. But from a pitcher perspective in the minor leagues, I do think you're correct where right now it is a little bit thin at the upper miners. I think they're is still some some really you know, valuable arms down in the miners. And so you've got your guys like Seth Fernandez, Anthony Ivans, and Tyler Bremner as another guy that's kind of coming through that might actually get a chance to come up this year. Jonah Tong definitely should get a look this year. Even some bigger names like Secora Trevis Sikora who was hurt last year. He should be back hopefully late later this year, looking looking good.
Speaker 2: But then once you get past that, a lot of there's a lot of question marks.
Speaker 3: You get, you know, a Hagen Smith, if you get a Liam Doyle. You get guys like that that look like they should be ready to make some of those jumps, but they still got some things to work out, some control issues things like that, kind of like Noah Schultz who look great in the minors, but we knew there was some control issues there they had to figure out. So it feels like there's probably not you know the next guy up. Like I said, Jonah Tong, might be that it feels like the Mets, as you know, losing pitchers time after time. But I think the real true talent from the minor league pitching is definitely definitely further away at this point with guys like hernandez a Andsen, even sloan guys like that are further away. And if you're gonna be investing in minor league pitching from a single season league, it's probably not gonna play off terribly well. But if you're playing in the dynasty world, there's quite a bit out there because some guys are really making some breakthroughs in the low miners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that's fair even with the Mets, like it's not. It sounds like Zach Thornton is gonna be the one that's actually coming up for that rotation spot, and he's looked solid, but he actually maybe disproves what I was talking about with the jump from double A up because he looked pretty much the same from double A to triple A. So I think there's probably the case that there'll be more sneaky arms, but it doesn't quite feel like it does feel like a lot of the easy pickings kind of came through in twenty twenty five as opposed to twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get on to the next injury, which actually felled the number one player on the RAS Ball Player Raider as of today as we're when we're speaking here on May nineteenth, Drake Baldwin was number one on the Player Raider coming into today, Catcher from the Atlanta Braves going down with a right oblique strain, which is not what you want to hear because that is a pretty significant injury. And also on top of it, he was starting to catch a lot more and I think was needed to catch a lot more, as evidenced by the Braves turning to Sandy Leone with Sean Murphy going down recently too. So it looks like Drake Baldwin is probably going to be out. My guesstimate would be six ish weeks. We'll kind of see, because the next guy will talk about it. Sounds like it's a lot a severe compared to what Baldwin's dealing with. But what do you think about Baldwin going forward? Because it was a fantastic year so far, to date before he went down. You know, you're looking at a three or three average with thirteen homers and thirty eight RBI out of a catcher. The reason he's number one the player raiders because of that catcher position player boost. But yeah, it's looked every bit of the All Star that we expected out of Baldwin, if not more. And so do you think you can he can get back to that level when he returns from this oblique strain.
Speaker 3: I think that he can. You know, he's not I don't want to say he's a super lea athletic guy. I mean he is, you know, but he really gets his power from a sprint swing path, the approach and the pitch selection. And you know, he wasn't taking out like the game immediately like something happened and it was so drastic that we're really going to kind of be watching for him to fully get back. So actually I was thinking more of the four four to five week time frame that I think he's going to be back. So I've got a pretty positive outlook. He's never really been a guy who's been banged up, and it's not like it's gonna be a thing he's been fighting. I don't believe he's really had oblique issues before, So I mean, I'm even a positive outlook. At the same time, that catch a position, which we just talked about last year being so deep with a lot of these guys coming up, it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of been a mess this year.
Speaker 3: It happened, and like your look at the top of this lifts and it's like Shay Lean Leers and Drake Baldwin and Dylan Dingler like like that. That's that's where the value is, your hope, like Liam Hicks is giving you a ton of value. Then you've got the you know, Hunter Goodman playing well. But then it's just kind of a big smattering of of guys. Another guy that did just get hurt announced earlier today and Ryan Jeffers Handmaid and so you know, we're probably spent much time there because he's gonna be gone for some time. But it has been a tough position, and Baldwin has has been.
Speaker 2: So incredible at it. He's he's carried.
Speaker 3: Some teams absolutely, and I will say this as an owner of a few spots, definitely has has been a boon to the position. So it's that's gonna be a harrange replace because as much as Catcher was deep going into the season, it really starts to mellow out after like the top fifteen, whereas in the draft season, I felt like you'd go down to like twenty twenty four to twenty five, and now you're getting pretty dicey.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and I mean the next guy we're going to talk about is cal Rowley, who's got a much more minor oblique strain. It sounds like where it sounds more like when you're kind of reading the tea leaves, where like Baldwins is more shading on like a one to two grade strain while you're looking at a grade one strain. Pretty solidly for cal Rowley, because cal Rawley was playing through this for a little bit until they just like, man, you need to just take a break and not do this. And it's been a really rough year for Raleigh. One sixty one, two forty three, three seventeen slash line sixty three WRC plus before it went down, had hit seven homers and stolen two bases, But that one sixty one was really tearing you apart. And on top of it, though Baldwin Raleigh, you mentioned Ryan Jeffers going down, who I didn't put in the rundown just because we're kind of keeping a little more brief with you in your hotel situation. Another one went down this week, Francisco Alvarez went down with a torn meniscus. So it's really there is no depth of catcher anymore, that it's totally gotten into desperate times, desperate measures, where like in our audio league, I've been struggling that catcher ever since Alejandro Kirk went down, and like I was looking at Patrick Bailey this past week until like just that's how bad it's gotten. Where I'm using a Haesus Rodriguez and you know anybody who's playing in Arizona. But with Raley here, it has been a bit of a struggle. First time he's on the il for his career. Does seem like he was nursing this for a hot minute. You could see that in just the plate approach, where the walk rate had degraded just a shade under ten percent. At nine point nine, the strukeout right had increased to thirty one and a half percent. So what do you make of Cale Rowley going forward? Because it still was roughly a twenty eight homer pace, But like do you think he was still showing signs of being able to get back onto the saddle of being more of like a forty ish homer catcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this maybe is your medicine. And we talked about this a little offseason is don't buy career years. Its mean just the first big takeaway here, and maybe that's just can go unstated. But yeah, I mean, I think when he gets back. He's had some really rough luck this year, and even last year when he had his unbelievable season, there were signs of like I'm just I'm riding on high on every little thing going right. And I know I got a misery in mid season because I wrote an article about just sell sell high and Kyle Rally because there's no way this this, this maintains itself. Maybe I was six months too early on that one. But he's been, he's been. Was he was very streaky hitter last year. I think people forget that, you know, he was doing this in bunches. We would have like a few week period where he'd hit you know, seven eight home runs and then he'd go with with two for two weeks like that. That was the kind of guy he is, So I think he can. I still think that there's a thirty home more power in this bat. Honestly, this injury might not be as much of an injury as a kind of a reset for him to kind of step away. And so I'll take that gamble. Am I going out and trying to bring him in. Well, if I need to catch her, sure, sure, I'll see if somebody's selling low on him. I still think he's the guy that we drafted early. Maybe I don't want to put a first round draft right, some of them would give me a third fourth rounder on him. Still, col rally, he's still a guy that can absolutely win the league for you in that catcherp position. So I've got I've got faith. I think that he can turn things around. It's just the luck's got to turn. It's got to lead a little warmer out there in Seattle, and then he's got to get a little healthy. If you put all those things together, you know, give him three three four weeks and I think he'll he'll be back to maybe eighty percent of last year.
Speaker 2: We're still pretty gosh.
Speaker 1: Strong good Yeah, yeah, totally agree. Okay, Well, we're gonna stick in Seattle for our next bit of news because we have Brendan Donovan going down with another growing strain where it actually sounds like the original growing strain that kind of put him on the al earlier in the season never healed up fully. And it does also sound like both of these have related to an off season sports Horny Hernie's surgery, where that just kind of is starting to add up towards like this sounds like it could end up being a little bit of a washed out season for Brendan Donovan as he's working his way back from whatever kind of surgery off shoots that have sprouted up now. So something to keep in mind because especially like there's so many injuries and so many good players hurt that Brendan Donovan I think in lots of leagues can probably be cut at this point, especially because you might have a replacement. In terms of who was called up fro him. The Mariners did bring up Colt Emerson, their number one prospect, who is a shortstop but will be playing third base up to the big leagues from Triple A, where he was hitting two fifty five three forty seven, four sixty nine one five WRC plus with seven homers and ten stolen bases. Not exactly exciting, especially for the PCL, but he was one of the younger players that are twenty years old, is now one of the youngest players in MLB, behind like Kevin McGonagall and Connor Griffin. Now this is I think one of the more interesting kind of perspectives to dive into when it comes to fantasy baseball, because Cole Emerson, you know, somewhere around like a top ten to top fifteen prospect depending on the list application. From a fantasy perspective, maybe not quite as much juice, just because this is a prospect where the glove is a pretty decent carrying tool as well as like some of the long term outgrowth that you could see from just him being in the majors and being a good, solid bat reminds me maybe of a little bit of like Alex Bregmany sort of bat. So it's not going to be like a league changer, but it is going to be a good volume bat. Might take a couple of years to get there because of the age. What is your take on Colt Emerson of the Seattle Manners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a pretty pretty similar take.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're right, he's I think MLB pipeline has been as the number six overall prospect, and he is a really, really good ballplayer. He's probably a hit over power type of guy, and so he I think, you know, in a few years, he's a guy that we could absolutely.
Speaker 2: See hitting two eighty to ninety. I think he's got that capability.
Speaker 3: But he's also guy that, you know, yeah, this peak's probably gonnaybe hit twenty homers. He might steal fifteen bases, Like he's gonna be a guy that's like a great middle infielder or kind of the back as a starter, shortstop, third base. You know, he's playing third base now that he's come up, and so he can get that multi position eligibility, which is great. And I think with the number of injuries we've had, there's way worse guys to be plugging in. But I do think it's gonna be a year or two. Like if you if you're looking at this year, he's probably he's worth an ad in probably twelve teamers and definitely fifteen teamers, and but I don't know that he's gonna win the league for you. But in a few years, I think this is gonna be a really really valuable bat, but he to your point, it's that Bragmann kind of profile. Maybe it's Xander Bogart's type of profile. There's a number of them out there that are really good real world ballplayers and are going to be valuable fantasy assets, but they're not the top five round kind of guys. I think that's where Emerson is gonna get a land in it.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot to be said for that. You can't always be finding, you know, the the Kevin mcgonagall's, J. J. Weather holds those kind of guys, and you knowing nothing against cold Emerson here. He just he's number six overall because all these other guys got called up, he's probably more of a top twenty.
Speaker 2: Prospect if you do want to look at that way for fantasy perspectives.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. I think that's all very fair. On top of it, too, you had not a great home ballpark for left handed batters like cold Emerson, and then when you also compare them to some of those other prospects, it looks like cold Emerson will probably continue to hit towards the bottom of this lineup. I don't know, depends a little bit on what they do at JP Crawford, especially when Brenda Donovan gets back, they do have a little bit of a question whether or not they want to continue writing JP Crawford, who's been in you know, steadily regressing year over year, and maybe just letting Emerson take that job over. So something to keep in mind with cold Emerson, like I said, like you said, I think there are much more exciting guys, even like I would find like Waldschmidt more exciting, you know, in terms of like whatever you bidding on wald Schmidt, I wouldn't bid that much on Colt Emerson. I would find him probably a little bit more towards like a Henry Bolta because, like the I think the output for Emerson is going to be more consistent, but the error bar on like a Bolta is much wider. You know, you're not gonna pop like a crazy thirty stolen based season out of Colt Emerson the rest of the way where you might actually get that out of Bolta if he gets full time job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: I think we were just talking about it last week about wald Schmidt, Ambolta and Ewen, and you know, I'm like, I'd probably put Emerson two in that list, and that's more because to your point, there's a lot of variability on those other guys and Emerson, I feel like I know what I'm getting.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, Well, we have an injury for the Mets where this is what's opening that rotation spot alluding to just a little bit ago where Spencer Jones smashed a ball right into Clay Holmes's leg over the weekend in the Subway series. Holmes actually finished the rest of that inning pitching on a fractured fibula, which is just crazy. But he is going to be down now, and I mean they're not really putting a great timeframe on it, partly because a little bit of factor here too with like the Mets, where like I think Holmes is probably out for two months is usually about where this lands, you know, six to eight weeks, where especially it is his right leg and so that's where plant leg as a right footer to drive off of the mound. Honestly, well, both legs are pretty significant for pitching, but I think probably the one that is a little more painful, and so this will be a case of also where are the Mets and the standings when Clay Holmes is back and ready to go again. I believe they still have him for next year. Let me check they roll in formation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's on three It was on a three year deals the second year.
Speaker 1: Well, it's actually a player option for next year. So that'll be interesting to see what happens, because maybe Clay Holmes also has incentive to work his way back. But it's only for twelve mil. I think Clay Holmes is getting more than twelve million on the open market, so he's been opting out no matter what. But I think that will be a factor of like what the Mets do with him and Alvarez and all the other players that might get injured down this stretch because it's falling apart piece by piece, and you know now they've even called up Nick Moore Beto to join this squad as well, and you know they're just losing more and more dudes by the day. But what are you doing here with Clay Holmes because of those factors, Like, I mean, he was almost free at the draft table during the spring, but hes been a really consistent pitcher amongst a bunch of chaos this year. A two thirty nine ra and a twelve point six K minus b B, which is middling, but it was fifty two and two thirds innings gave you a solid whip at a one ten. The FIP was at a three twenty two. I mean, sure, the strikeouts were a little lacking, but he gave you everything else and pitched, you know, six to seven innings to give you a shout out a win. So is this a il worthy player for you, in Clay Holmes or is it somebody where you can throw him back to the scrap heap and see what happens when he heals from this broken fibula.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I just made this decision in one of our leagues and I threw him back to the scrap heap, and I felt a little wrong doing it because of how strong of a season he's had. But you know, when I was looking at my injured list, I've got other guys on there that I believe will be back sooner and have a clear path to making an impact. And I can't remember the last time that the team announced the player is going to be out for a long time, and that was just the time frame that they gave. It wasn't like hey two months or expec him back in August or something like that. I feel like Holmes, like the best case scenario, here's we get like six starts at the end of the year. That's just my gut tells me. And yeah, that might be if if you have the free in il spot, Yeah, throw him on there.
Speaker 2: See what happens.
Speaker 3: But I'm I'm not above cutting him at this point because you know, it was he was good, but it wasn't like he was unbelievable. He was very serviceable for you. So I'm fine cutting him loose if you need and you get the roster spot. Grin shot at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's fair, all right. Next injury we have is in Baltimore, Jordan Westburg underwent Tommy John surgery, which feels like this was three months too late. Whenever this came out in spring training, it seemed like this was the inevitable outcome and they should have just gone through with it. Because now the quote around Jordan Westburg is that the Baltimore Orioles Michael Lias, expects Westburg will return. It's a full time infielder quote unquote. In the early part of twenty twenty seven, which doesn't give you a whole bunch of confidence. There is an eighty game half season to twenty twenty seven that would be considered maybe the early part. And especially we've seen players kind of struggle with this Tommy John surgery where I mean we saw a quick, quick return from Bryce Harper, Jason Dimingez has kind of it seems like it's lingered with the one that he had, and so I don't I used to be a little bit more optimistic when position players were getting Tommy John surgery, but I think it does take a full twelve months to really get feel and right. That puts you right at this time again. Memorial Day for Jordan Westburg next year, who will be turning twenty eight in February. Time really snuck up us, snuck up on us fast with Tory and Westburg. But what are you doing with him going forward? Because this guy was somebody that you and I were both into. He was really great coming through the miners. Has not been able to stay healthy and this this is a pretty significant surgery that he's got to work his way back from and then fight his way through whoever jumps aheadline of him.
Speaker 3: In Baltimore, Yeah, this one's really tough because there's so much like under the Covers with Jordan Westburg, and this feels like a bat that could this is a thirty five homer bat. I don't feel like I'm over selling at that point, Like in a fully healthy approach, he is going to hit thirty five homers, driving ninety runs, hit two sixty, maybe creep up two seventy five on a good year. Like there's a ton of value here that is from an infielder perspective.
Speaker 2: But I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I think it takes about a year to get back from something like this anymore, and with kind of the way that the Orioles have handled him, I just don't want to go through that, and so I'm I'm I'm probably treating him as kind of one of those like Dynasty keeper League stash kind of guys that I'm going to target the offseason when he's gonna be cheap because nobody wants to deal with it. Because I still think there's long term value to him. I think that he can be but I'm concerned about the how Longston taking you back because I think it's fair to say twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: It's like what your target is for Jordan Westberg to be.
Speaker 3: Like a full time healthy player, and that's what is There'll be his twenty twenty twenty nine year old season. Man, that's that that's.
Speaker 2: Hard to lean into.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if I can pick up a cheap share here or there and hold on to it without big penalty, I'm I'm on it. But I'm otherwise I'm kind of just forgetting about Jordan Westberg fix here year and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I'm there with you. Where like, if it cost me nothing to tack him on at the end of a roster, a draft, or he's a one dollar keeper in like a huge dynasty situation like Autune, then yeah, I'll think about it. But otherwise I don't think you need to be burning too much of your brain capital on Jordan Westburg going forward. Uh okay. Next injury we have is one of those UCL issues that has cropped up, which I mean, this one really sucks because Robbie Snelling mid his debut. We talked about it literally last week, where he had a bad first inning and it kind of unraveled on him. It made the stat line look much worse than it actually was performance wise, well, there might have been something looking there because he went down with a UCL sprain. In the meantime, everything here looks like it's gonna be a Tommy John for Robbie Snelling as we're speaking on May nineteenth. But I guess there's a possibility he could go like the PRP route or the other restern rehab. But I mean the ominous news, the way that it broke, and then just the way that they've been really slow playing the second opinions and something and everything else was Snelling. It does seem like it's going to line up for Tommy John surgery. Kind Of an interesting situation here for the Marlins because they released Chris Paddock to bring up Robbie Snelling, then they brought up Braxton Garrett for Robbie Smelling spot. Robbie or Braxton Garrett looked like absolute garbage the two outings that he put together. That like in the first one he walked the bases loaded twice and got shredded by the Twins. Today he pitched this afternoon against the Braves, got shredded, and then got optioned right after the game. I watched the game. He looked awful that like I almost wonder if Braxton Garrett is nursing something too, because something changed, Like I was really excited for him. I was holding him in a couple of places. He started the season. In his first four games at Triple A was a point seven to seven with or a point seven to seven ear Ray with twenty three k's to eight walks or yeah, twenty three k's eight walks over twenty three and a third innings with the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp, and then since then he's just like can't stop walking. Everybody is a guy who has gone through a couple of Tommy Johns that, like you do, worry about the health arm, the health of the arm for Braxton Garrett, another guy who got old fast. Will be twenty nine in August, so we'll be fascinating to see what they do with Braxton Garrett as well as like trying to see who will probably fill this rotation spot. It's likely gonna be Ryan Gusto or Dax Fulton, but the Marlins have Thomas White hanging out. They've also had Carson Millbrandt has been pitching out of his mind at Double A, and I wonder if he gets a shot here soon. There's just a lot of interesting arms in that Marlin system. So I guess with all that I gave a lot of arms for you to maybe contemplate that to see. I know Thomas White would probably be your favorite, But if there's any other kind of leaders in the clubhouse for that rotation spot that you like, let me know. And then what are you doing with Robbie Snelling? Because this is a guy who looked really great before he came up. Like I said, he's probably going for TJ. But in a dynasty keeper situation, it's still going to be pretty young going into next year and is going to be somebody who I think could be back at the end of next year if it is like a especially if it's just like a brace situation. But we'll see what they do with Snelling. What are you doing with the Marlins and Robbie Snelling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the Marlins got thin fast you you called it all correctly. I'm I think Thomas White is the most interesting, but he's he's struggled a little in the minors this year. His control has not been good. Snelling has some droll issues, and he was making White look even worse because Snelling looked like the ace and why you just couldn't keep everybody off the base paths. So I'm pretty much avoiding the situation, to be honest, like, and I feel like Moore's coming because you know, you just have to imagine with the top of that rotation being you know, Max Meyer, Samuel contre Uri, Perez like a Contera, Like at some point he's gotta get traded, right, There's probably no doubt in that Perez and Max Meyer not the sascillly the moticums of health for us. And so I'm I'm kind of avoiding this situation. It just doesn't feel like something I want to get into from a snelling perspective. Man, he looked so good into last year. He looked not as good this this this spring, that the walks had jumped up a little bit, but still like the strikeouts were there, ail to go deep into games. All that that's there, and he's still just like twenty two, so you have to like his long term outlook. But I think this is going to kind of put a pretty big chink in the armor if it truly is kind of a Tommy John situation. I'm a little perplexed to how they're playing it, to be honest right now, because usually with these types of injuries that lead to Tommy John, it's like you get a first opinion, a few days later, you get a second opinion, you go into the knife, and you just get the process started. And they've really slow played I think he was going to see a specialist this Thursday, if I recall, which.
Speaker 2: Is But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's really really odd the way that they've played it, so makes me think that maybe there's a little something else going on there. Maybe this is more of a Kyle Bradish type situation. Whether they really do think they can rehabit and get them back.
Speaker 2: How will did that work out for Bradish?
Speaker 3: But I still like it long term, But I think you have to put some cold water on this one right now until we really know what the injury it looks like. But most likely we're done for twenty six. We're pretty much done for twenty seven, and you're looking at twenty eight for that full return when he's played i think his twenty five year old season and you know, hopefully comes back better for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the other factor here is that the Marlins have really started to slip behind in the nleast, they were just a couple of weeks ago, like kind of right in the thick of it all. But things have unraveled and the Phillies have gotten hot, and so they've even well before today, they'd sunk below the Mets. So like, that's how far they've gotten out of it. And you do wonder if this is the precursors Robbie Snelling Tommy John surgery is the precursor to kind of packing it in for the rest of twenty six and getting whatever juice they can out of seeing dy'al contra now and then reracking it back for twenty twenty seven. Because I do like this team. It's a nice, good young core that they're building. It's just a question of whether or not they can actually stay the course, unlike what they always do with Miami Marlins. Okay, well, that wraps up the actual kind of news and notes that we had. But I did have a couple just kind of other quick things I wanted to shoot by you, just to kind of get your temperature on where you're at with a few players, because you know, with our big overarching themes that we use every week, sometimes just like the little bits and Bobs we don't get to discuss, and you know, we only go once a week, so there's lots of performances that maybe we haven't been able to highlight as much. The first one I have is it's a little bit of a quiz first, because guess there is one team Believe well, I wracked this up yesterday when I was looking at the last thirty day stats on ras ball. That gives you like the player raider for the last thirty days. Essentially, it's a nice little tool to be able to see who's hot, who's not, kind of where things are going. And so yesterday this team had two top five players or like one top five player on hitting and one top five player on pitching in the last thirty days, and it was the only team to do so. Let me check to make sure if it's still the only team to do so over this other stretch. So it is now still, but I have to drop it to top seven. It's the only team with a player in the top seven hitters and the top seven pitchers. And do you know who they are?
Speaker 3: Oh geez, that's tough. Put me on pud on a spot here. I thought you were gonna go something like the Nationals because they're They're hitting has been so unbelievable and they've scored so many runs. I'm trying to rack my brain of which picture would be from them, Like I think christ has been that good or I don't know. Yeah, so I'm trying to think of who it could be. So gotta give me a clue here, give me give me a division or something here.
Speaker 1: Well, I might have seen one of these pictures in person over the past week.
Speaker 3: Uh are we talking the White Sox. Are we talking the White Sox? Are we talking Miguel Vargas.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes we are. Do you know who the picture is?
Speaker 2: Who's the picture?
Speaker 1: Who's contender? Davis Martin?
Speaker 2: I was not going to get Davis Martin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've They've both been top seven players. I mean, Martin was in the top five until the Chase Burns start from last night, I believe, and so that along with the Missy Rousk one I think knocked him out. So, I mean, the White Sox have been super duper hot. They took it to the Cubs this past weekend in the Cross Down Cup. Murakami does not stop hitting homers. But I wanted to check in mostly on migl Vargas with you, because is this who Miguel Vargas like was touted to be for the Dodgers, and like it's this is one of the ones where I'm so close to it and watching enough White Sox games. I don't know if I can be totally impartial because it looks legit and he just absolutely ropes balls as well. Like I was actually at a game on Mother's Day where he roped a ball so hard that the person who does the fireworks for the home run celebration hit them before it actually even went out of the park and it actually donked right off the wall for a double in the first inning. It was a very surreal experience. I've never seen that before. But you look at the Savant page for Miguel Vargas, it looks bright red. The results have been otherworldly. I don't think he's ever going to be a batting average asset, but if he can be a guy who can push mid thirties homers and hit in the middle of a pretty decent lineup, I think you're looking at another guy who's really kind of reached a level that was previously expected of him. The way that Jordan Walker has and somebody who when I look at the profile, I feel pretty good about it going forward, where it's not like a lot of glaring holes. I'm sure there is somewhere in the swing that will be unlocked when people reevaluate how to approach micgil Vargas for the rest of the year. But he's only twenty six, looks like a pretty good dynasty keeper kind of target by even while he's hot for me. What's your take here on micgal Vargas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean when he was coming up with the Dodgers, I mean, he actually was a guy that hit for average, like he was at three hundred pretty consistently in the miners, and the power was more of the question that was a little bit more middling twenty homer type power.
Speaker 2: But we were always excited about this guy that can maybe hit two ninety and hit.
Speaker 3: Twenty home runs, and he just never fully got a good run for for the Dodgers, even you know, until last year with the White Sox did he have a full run. And he was decent last year, but this year he's like a number of things look different. His plate approach is better, he's not chasing things as much, he's making better contact, he's being a little bit more aggressive of a hitter. You know, he's actually kind of underperformed. Honestly, feel like a batting average perspective is expecting that expected batting average. I think he's like the two sixties, and so you look at all these things and it's not like he's been incredibly lucky. I mean there's a little there, don't, don't get me wrong, but it's it's not Davis Martin lucky. It is actually looks to be holding pretty well. And I really think that maybe the decreased pressure in this atmosphere and then a team is starting to play well around him, is just kind of raised the sea level for for a guy like Vargas, And I mean, it's it's hard to argue against it.
Speaker 2: Now. Is he gonna stay on this heater like he's doing right now?
Speaker 3: No, he's not. But you can easily see a guy that could really eclipse that twenty five homer threshold and be honestly, I think he could be a two sixty two sixty five bat And uh, the fact that he's also swiped six faces this year, it surprises me a little bit. He just feels a little more like a plotter. I guess we haven't played our favorite game in a while. Unless you already have looked, you're staring at it. But so seventy eighth percentile frenzy threat feed for bargains, which is surprised. He just doesn't doesn't feel like it for a guy that's six to twenty five, Like it's a pretty big, pretty big dude that they can move.
Speaker 2: So I don't see a lot of holes here.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have to be considering from my top one hundred when I when I post that this coming week, and so I'm I'm in, maybe there's some rose color glasses from the Chicago White Sox fan in you. But there's a lot to like here. And I mean, the guys still just what twenty six years old. I think people forget it how young he just is, and so he's still got room to grow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean, I think the other thing that really stands out to me is that now it's two hundred and two played appearances where we've seen a market upgrade in the batspeed now too, with the approach all working. So it's not like sometimes I worry because he is up almost three ticks. It's actually like right on the nose. He's up three point one miles per an hour on the bat speed on savant where sometimes I do worry where like, especially somebody like Vargas who already was like a little bit of a strikeout issue, strikeout prone player, that the increased bat speed can even create a bigger hole in the swing. And just like you know, especially in somebody in Vargas's situation where you know there was so much hype coming up and you know he's feeling the pressure of being able to or to have to produce that you worry that sometimes he goes to that last straw too quickly. But I think this is actually like more of a development piece where he did find the extra ticks of bat speed and held on to his plate discipline in terms of I mean, it wasn't fantastic from the strikeout perspective, but he's always had a decent eye in terms of being able to walk. And so that's why, Yeah, I feel pretty good about what we've been seeing out of Vargus, especially now that like we're two hunder plate appearance is in like it's gonna take a different approach maybe to find if he can't hit something on the outside corner or something something like that. But it's gonna take like a very specific setup because when I've been watching Miguel Vargas at bats, he doesn't beat himself in the box the way he used to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the thing I also have to like for a young guy, he doesn't have split issues. He has lefties and righties. He can play every day, and that's really really big for a lot of young guys coming up now, which seems that they're struggling with that more and more than what I feel like has been in the past. So that's completely unstatistically relevant, but it definitely feels like that's been a play.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then I mean the other guy that I wanted to talk about with you was somebody else who's also just been teeing off over the past few weeks is JJ Bulde, who went to Vanderbilt University. Right behind you in your hotel room, where it's actually it's eerily similar to Miguel Vargas, where like the plate approach and everything looks pretty comparative to what he's been before. But like the bats be ticked up, in this case, it went up roughly three miles an hour. That was again three point one, So that's kind of eerie. But for some reason I don't feel as good about Day. I think part of it is because it's only eighty four light appearances and I don't I should probably look up I'll do it probably while you dive into BLI dat and discuss it a little bit, like where at what point that the bat speed actually becomes like a little bit more sticky, because like otherwise, when you look at the actual page for the Savants stats and kind of bars for Jay to Blood Day, it is more of a profile that screams to me hot streak. Where we discussed this we've touched on a little bit over the pod over the past few months where like especially in the season, and I warned you a little bit about it with like dominant Canzone last year because we felt it was really easy to do this with Canzone where the Savant page looked otherworldly like Ben Rice Aaron Judge level kind of read, but it was more of like a hot streak. And the way that I can you can really see it in a smaller performance is when the sweet spot percentage is just like off the charts and you're just like, Okay, this dude is good, but he's not like Aaron Judge or Vladimir Guerrero and he doesn't have that type of reputation where I mean, but Day was a little closer to that because he was the number four overall pick in twenty nineteen and certainly has had a lot of the pedigree. Is still only twenty eight. But are you with me or against me in saying and thinking that, like, you believe more in Vargas Bla Day, you'll ride the hot streak, but to actually buy in and especially like to buy at market value for him right now in a dynasty or keeper situation, you wouldn't be doing that on Bla Day because you need to see more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're probably right. If you try to compare the two had to have, there's a number of notable differences. Bladey is a very pole heavy hitter and a very good hitters ballpark. He is platoon all day long, and this is something we kind of saw with Mike Kastrimsky coming into this year, and it's kind of teams of adjusted back and he's been banged up as well, but a guy that really just feast on pitching when the team's just like, I've never gonna let you see another guy, you know, another in his case, another what would be lefty bat, lefty pitcher, because actually I think the last three days, I haven't looked today, he was like over for every game and actually started him against the lefty and that started the kind of that run of games, and that's that's been a little bit tough for him. And so I do see it a little bit more as a hot streak. I think he this is the player that he is, is the player that was drafted. This is the skill level, but he's never truly been able to put it together. And I think this is easier to kind of adjust back for teams. I don't think there's been a note ofble like all of a sudden, he's you know, pulled up a max months he got glasses or something like that. You know, it's not like the contact rates have really improved. You know, he's just been aggressive when he sees a fastball and takes advantage like that. That's what's happening here. So I think Vargus is a better all around player. I think he's got more overall upside and maybe better on the downside, some type of things where I think day is on like a more of a hot streak. It's a hot streak is worth kind of gambling if you need to. But I've seen this more and more or less years with these kind of platoon bats, the carry carpenters of the world, Jesus the days of the world. Like, it's just really hard to rely on because if they if they end up going a little bit of a cold streak, it's really cold for a long time until they figure things out. It's not they don't kind of they don't play enough to work themselves out, and it's much easier to lose playing time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the meantime, I did not find a definitive answer in terms of like when bat speed stabilizes. I will say that like it is one of the squish year kind of stats on the Savant page because it is a situation where they make sure to carve out like the non competitive swings. But I think also what I've found when I'm looking at savant pages and seeing when people are running hot, like it does feel like the bat speed is a little bit up, And something that indicates that too is I'm looking at this Leaderboard and this review for Mike podhorser at rotographs that came out last year, where actually around this time in twenty twenty five he started kind of tracking bat speeds and how they had increased since twenty twenty four, and then at the end of last year he came back and with their total bat speed like for the rest of the year, and it varies a little bit, where like most of it was relatively sticky, but then you could see where some of the players who like started off hot last year, where the ones that especially stand out to me are like as in Barger, Brett Baby, and I'll link to this in the show notes too, so you can kind of see the list, even Jorge Polanco, where it looked like the bat speed was up three ticks at the beginning of twenty twenty five, but then by the end of the year it had regressed down to more of like a one and one and a half. So that's something to keep in mind here with what you're looking at with both Vargas and Bladey, I think, but like, honestly, most of these dudes, it looked like a lot of it stuck because usually to get that large of a jump and bat speed increase, and also to do it over the length of time that Vargas has done it. It takes off season work. That's not just like a fluke as opposed to when you're looking at a smaller sample the way that Bladet is, and you know, even his savant page, all those bars are still like semi see through because they haven't actually reached the qualification stage. I would be a little bit more leery of that, but I think there is a possibility that you're seeing a little bit more out of Bladet's profile. You also put that in Cincinnati, it does become more intriguing. So I would say I'm not totally out on BA day. I'm more lukewarm. But honestly, if you find somebody else in your league who is has BLA day and you can meet in the middle and they're not like buying new three three miles per hour up bat speed bl day, but they also were anticipating a fallback, there could be a little bit of a buying a window there if you actually think that there's the possibility that he's a true three plus mile pan hour batsbeed guy over last year and not somebody who is going to settle a little bit more back to his historical rates. That was a lot of nerd stuff that also maybe did not answer the question very well. But does that sound about right to what your expectations would be around batspeed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I mean generally it is something that is it is a skill like and I think you forget that it's not just you swing hard as you can because you got to make contact. But it usually does take an actual dedicated adjustment workout regimen, rework your swing to like increase that bat speed. Do you think there's also their value to see what that looks like over a season for guys that kind of start hot and then as they start to struggle, they start to grasp, start chasing things, bad speed is going to fall off. It's still it's still a statistic we're learning and trying to figure out. But I think I use bass speed more of maybe a kickout than a driver at this point. Like, if you have good bat speed, I'll consider you for other things. If you have low bat speed, I'm much more concerned. It is kind of the way that I've looked at bad speed. So if you're if you're squaring things up and you have good bat speed and you have good plate approach. I'm really interested in that kind of pro That's a then Rice type of profile. Jordan Walker's kind of tried to do a little bit as well, right with his changes this year. But then you get into those other guys that don't have the beast speed and they, you know, knock a few homers own people like, oh my goodness, this guy's coat. I was like, no, it's it's that's not sustainable. You cannot be a power hitter without the bast speed.
Speaker 1: You just can't. Yeah, yeah, I totally agree. And I think it's also like if you want to see how it's important, just look at like the output from jj bldey in twenty twenty five to twenty twenty six. Like it shows all the world of difference. Obviously, the other taggle is still percentage or like your your launch angle because I mean ask for name or tattis junior. But like, but like it is a it is a pretty big indicator to seeing actual growth from players. So it it becomes just more and more sticky the more and more that I look into it in terms of like bat speed equals good badd where like especially once you start getting above the fiftieth percentile. I think that's when you're starting to look at guys that you're you're diving into because if they're not producing in there above like the fiftieth percentile, you're trying to figure out what the tweet can be, because that's how you're gonna find I think the next hitter to unlock for fantasy nowadays, where it's less so in terms of other plate approach components, where this is the one number that people seem to be really honed in on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just go to Baseball savon and sort by bat speed or squared up one of the two, uh, either one, and then look at the other. And that's it's very evident. The Aaron Judges of the world, you know, the power hitters, they have high bat speed and they square everything up, and that's that's what makes it work. And generally need some flat balls too, the ideas that you need them too. But and then you can kind of go down the list and see like it's like, oh, that's a that's a soft hitter. That's not he's not a power guy, but he's wing with that bass. He just doesn't square it up enough. This guy squares up all the time. He just doesn't swing hard ballism travel then all and you see the guy's like, man, he's squaring things up pretty well and he's got some mass speed, but it just doesn't feel like he's done it. I think Alec Burlsen was a guy that was kind of that way this year and last year and lo and behold, he's been pretty much unvaluable. And so those those metrics that now that we have in the last year and a half that they've they've meant a lot and there they can be used pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think the two guys to really watch for this going forward are Jack kagling On and Cam Smith, where they both also are kind of having launch angle issues as well. Where and the weird thing with Cam Smith too is like it's insane bat speed, but the exit filo in the hard hit percentage is not good either, which actually kind of leans a little bit more towards like a Jordan Walker issue. I think in camp Smith's profile and Jack, I was worried about this a little bit, like I'm confounded. I don't know if he can fix it.
Speaker 3: He's got the issue of he just he's a ground ball guy, Yeah, exactly, And that's but you're just waiting. He is one tweak away. He is one tweak away with that player approach, and he can be a perty homer guy. Like honestly, he can be. I've tried to trade from a few times myself, just hoping that somebody is just soured because they've been through so much. Because it's there's not many guys out there right now that I look at and say, you're performing outside a top one hundred hitter, and you could be a top three round hitter, and the tags definitely fits that bill. Now does he make the adjustment, we'll see, But yeah, he could easily go with Cabrian Hayes route as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and well.
Speaker 2: That's not a compliment, by the way.
Speaker 1: And I mean that's also something to keep in mind because I'm astill like also trying to file it away for draft season next year because I think what I will do with some of like my last roster spots is like just go to the previous year bat speed Leader's list, see who's still on the board. And like, especially if cam Smith keeps up this current production pace, like he's gonna be pretty much free at the draft table, I think, and if you're trying to mine and hunt for the next Jordan Walker, I think this is how you do it. Some of these guys won't, you know, fully put it together. But the more and more you look at this list nowadays, it is ninety percent maybe of like guys who have put it together. You know, some of the guys who haven't are even like Garrett Mitchell, but like that's more of an injury issue, a guesst In Ramirez where a little bit yes, but and Matt Wallner just not enough contact because that is also like the other downside where it can go of, Like if you swing it really hard, but you swing with reckless abandon you could end up in the Matt Wallner Joey Gallo territory where there's just not enough contact for it to ever work. Period. Okay, well, I think that's gonna wrap us up for this very kind of wildcard, loose ended open episode. It does feel strange, but I think we're going to wrap it up. Brew. Let everybody know where they can reach you on socials and read your work.
Speaker 3: YEP, find me on Twitter, ex Blue Sky Gabrewer one seven Find me on Rasball on the weekends doing top one hundred, hit your rankings and hitter profiles.
Speaker 2: Cooly work from folks find you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can read my work over at Baseball Perspectus. You can find me on blue Sky at mcool seven spelled out co u ill on the cool just like my last name. And if you want to contact the podcast, you can find us on blue Sky at cards Categories or email the podcast at cards Categories at gmail dot com. And then when you're in those show notes when you were looking for those Rasball subscriptions earlier, you can also find a store with some Cards and Categories logos emblazoned on hats and T shirts and other paraphernalia. You can also go to wherever you're listening to this podcast, rate review us. We will appreciate it greatly. Just helps us build our audience. And with that, we're gonna wrap it up for this week. We will be back roughly same time, same place next week. It is a holiday week in the USA, so we will kind of keep that in mind as we schedule things out. But should be lots of great baseball coming up collegiately and in the professional ranks, so I'm gonna have lots of great things to talk about all summer long. Stick around everybody, because we'll see you on this podcast.