Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: What's going on in Dallas?
Speaker 3: A great song idea?
Speaker 4: We're worth down the eleventh most populous top the Best of DFW Dallas Morning News People Choice Awards ballot is out. So over the course of the next few shows, we're gonna take one area of this and we're gonna go ahead and get our hands on this ballot, and we're gonna grab.
Speaker 1: Are we in this thing?
Speaker 3: Best radio show, best brewery, best radio station.
Speaker 2: They don't really do radio show anymore.
Speaker 5: Oh no, somehow I got knocked out of the brewery category.
Speaker 1: Really, we're not even listed in the breweries despite being second the last two years, not even in the ballot.
Speaker 2: Too popular, too popular, wanted it to be close.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, well we were second. I know.
Speaker 4: Today I thought we would start with best area attraction. Uh everyone, get your pen is out, pen.
Speaker 1: I got my pen my pen is out. I'm ready, each of you.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have a scoring system here though, So each of you, I'm gonna name off all these and I want you to pick your favorite three, okay, or the three that you would vote for, uh huh, and then we will tally him and whoever has the most we will know today's category.
Speaker 5: So three points for one, two point three.
Speaker 2: No just total, just top three.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: That is an interesting scoring system, but it's more confusing for the listener.
Speaker 1: I know. But okay, I like what you've.
Speaker 2: Done, though, I actually do like it. First place three yep, second two, yeap, third one.
Speaker 1: This is how we'll get points.
Speaker 4: This is area attraction, aerial attractions, area attraction, aerola attractions. Okay, I have about eleven or twelve nominees. Oh, Texas Motor Speedway, all right, the Dallas Zoo yep, the sixth floor Museum at de Ley Plaza.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 3: We're just we're guessing. We're putting in the order of what our favorites are.
Speaker 1: What here's our top three?
Speaker 4: Texas Live, State Fair of Texas in Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue and Educational Center in ZC.
Speaker 1: Like, how's that spelled?
Speaker 4: Go write it down, Clyde Warren Park, beens like f Science, the Dallas World Aquarium.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go, prefer Reunion Tower. Hell yeah, me Wolf and Grapevine God.
Speaker 1: I need to go there. Have you been, Kate? I have been.
Speaker 6: It's more of like an Instagram place, you know what I mean for the younger kids who just want to take cool pictures.
Speaker 5: Of my homeboy. Did the soundtrack for it? Yeah, like the music's playing there, quick gray, Okay? Fort Worth Stockyards six nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: Now that you're asking us the place we'd like to go the most ourselves, or like if we had someone in town from like, hey, what should I experience while I'm here?
Speaker 4: I would just say, uh, what are your three favorite area attractions?
Speaker 1: Is this the most decent places to sweat in July?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not wolves inside? What do you mean decent?
Speaker 1: Are those that is that it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: TMS, Dallas Zoo, Deally Plaza, Texas Live Stint Fair of Texas, in Sync Exotics, Wildlife Rescue and Educational Center, CID Warren Park, the Aquarium, Reunion Tower, Mele Wolf and fort Worth Stockyards.
Speaker 1: Alright, let me give me a second.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'm not ready. I'm ready to do mine so the scoring system can start.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Coming in third for me, I'm gonna say the Dallas Zoo. Uh interests. They put the Dallas Zoo ahead of the four Worth Zoo and the four Zoo actually not nominated.
Speaker 1: Kind of like us, not getting nominated for brewery.
Speaker 2: I'll let to tell you that was Zoo.
Speaker 4: They let you drink the Forward Zoo they did not. So one point, we'll go to the Dallas Zoo. Okay. Second place for me Texas Live. Every time I go there, I have a good time. I don't even know what to say about that.
Speaker 2: Like I like that we have it.
Speaker 4: That place would not be as fun to go to if we didn't have Texas Live. Going to Rangers game is fun because it text a lot. So two points for Texas Live and then three points to the Stockyards. The stockyards is my backyard. Fourth stockyards for me, might see a cow, pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Three points or Nate Christana, have you got your your valore ready?
Speaker 6: I want to say I'm upset the Pro Museum isn't on here because I absolutely love the Pro Museum.
Speaker 4: She's calling out the snubs, she's calling out journalism, the die.
Speaker 6: Okay, but all right, you let me start three, three, two, one, yeah, yeah. Number three I got Clyde Warren Park just because we need more of those here.
Speaker 2: That's just my opinion.
Speaker 6: Number two Dallas Zoo, I agree with you, kt very cool place. The three points for them and then number one, I have the aquarium. I haven't been in years, and I've been wanting to go, so.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't think I've ever been skin all right.
Speaker 5: Number three, I have the Nasher Sculpture Center in the Arts District, one of the most amazing attractions. When Raymond Nasher, the man who built North Park, passed on, he donated his sculpture collection to this fine museum, and now it's for all the world to enjoy as he passed on to the great beyond.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. With number two, I.
Speaker 5: Have Number two, I have the PGA Omni and Frisco. I mean for the PGA to build what they built right here in our community, I think is astonishing and I think people will flock here from all over the United States because it's so dope. And number one, fast forwarding four months, I have Rollertown Beer Works headquarters on Main Street and Frisco right there by the silos.
Speaker 1: I think it is a world class facility.
Speaker 2: It would not be accepted in the dominion machine.
Speaker 1: Ben Okay, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: At number three, I'm gonna say the PGA Omni Frisco. Number two, I'm gonna say the star in Frisco because I think it's really cool that you can go out and see where the cowboys practice that hop facility, and then number one coming soon to Frisco in a few months.
Speaker 1: The Rollertown Beer Works last out there that didn't even get nominated.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna change my aquarium vote for their new roller.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 2: Get at you, Kevin. I'm a big fan of the Stockyards. Yeah, there's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: He said. You might see a cow there, you know.
Speaker 3: Looking at this list, though, a lot of these places I won't go, so like, honestly, this this.
Speaker 1: Stands closer to No Cloba than most of these plays.
Speaker 3: The State Fair, I mean, I get it, But if you've been once, do you need to keep going back? I mean, I like a Fletcher's original corny Dog. That's my favorite thing about it. Seeing big text is great, but so crouded. It's like, man, it's the Carnies. I don't know I need that. And then you know the six floor Museum that's I've already been there once. I would recommend people go there. That's really cool. I like going to the Stockyards. But once you've been there, do you need to keep going back. Clyde Warn Park's badass, great park, but I don't try to drive there from Salina, So for me that really the best thing on that list of their nominees is Texas Live. It's also cool when people are named Clyde, Yeah, Kevin. What's coming up next in the wayback Machine?
Speaker 4: I have a grab bag of stuff. What happens when Ben Skin knowing Ryan and George Strait all hang out together naked?
Speaker 2: All right?