Speaker 1: I want to talk today a little bit about the Spirit of Elijah, and it ties into kind of our theme. Our theme through the Daniel Fast and our theme through the conference is embracing the Spirit of Elijah. And what is the spirit of Elijah? I want to talk a little bit about that today. What does that mean. It doesn't mean like channeling some spirit. It doesn't mean like some angel named Elijah will come and rest upon you. It just means that God did amazing things through his servant Elijah. And I'll talk a little bit about that, and he's doing it again. And so it's really just cooperating or partnering with the Holy Spirit in what He's up to at this time and being in sync with this season. So when I say the sphirit of Elijah, it just means an aspect of what God's doing, an aspect of what Holy Spirit's up to that he wants to do with us in this season that he did with Elijah, and he did with John the Baptist, and he addressed in Revelation three also as one of the churches had yielded to the spirit of or the influence of Jezebel or Satan manifesting himself through Jezebel. So we'll dive into this a little bit. I want to start with some scripture out of First King sixteen. This is where Elijah comes on the scene. And just to give you a little bit of understanding, after King Solomon, Israel split into two kingdoms.
Speaker 2: So we'll just do it this way.
Speaker 1: So Israel split into two kingdoms after Solomon Uh and we had Jereboam in the north. Everybody say Jerry, So Jereboham was in the north end ray ray ray boham Ah within the south. We'll just go with that because we know my spelling is lacking. So this is this is the kingdom, and this is the time that Elijah comes on the scene. And what it says, it says that, and I think it's just so much like our time, this so much like our so much like our time in our season.
Speaker 2: And it says that.
Speaker 1: During this time Jereboam and we know, you know a lot of these kings that served were apostate kings and they got engaged in idolatry, and Jereboam did that right away. And part of the reason he did that is because he was jealous. Jerusalem was in the southern kingdom, so Jerusalem was down in Judah and that's where the temple was. So he didn't want the people going down into Judah to Jerusalem and worshiping there or taking tithes and offerings there. So he erected his own temple in the capital city, which was Samaria. He erected his own temple, and he's like, guys, we're gonna worship here, but it won't be Jehovah. We're going to be worshiping, and so he institutes idolatry. But the idolatry was to keep the people from going to Jerusalem and worshiping Jehovah and honoring him. So he right away he leads them into garbage. And so it's deer during this time that Elijah comes on the scene, and so Elijah's you know, he grows up observing this debauchery and idolatry.
Speaker 2: And it was debauchery.
Speaker 1: It was not only idolatry, but it was sexual immorality, because sexual immorality was tied to the idolatry, and so it was it was just a time of total uncleanness. And we learn about Elijah that Elijah is grieved over it. Right, and he's a prayer warrior and he's a prophet, and so God is raising up Elijah. We don't know a lot about him, but we know, like from James chapter five fourteen through sixteen, we know that his prayer life is a homemark and it's the prayer life that then jumps out into action in the First King chapter seventeen where he confronts we're going to read some of this where he confronts Ahaven Jezebel. And there in James chapter five fourteen through sixteen, even though he was not supernatural, he was a man with a nature like ours. He prayed fervent prayers, and it says that he prayed a prayer of faith. And this is the first instance where we kind of hear about a prayer of faith and we hear the prayer of faith defined and it says that he prayed this prayer of faith and that it caused a drought for three and a half years. Fact is, during that time, not only did it not reign for three and a half years, there was no dew on the ground, so like the skies were completely shut off, the atmosphere over all of Sameria, where now Ahab was king, so no longer Jeroboam but Ahab. The atmosphere over the land was so dry there was no dew on the ground for three and a half years. And it says that likewise with you, that the prayer, the fervent prayer of a righteous man, the fervent prayer of a righteous woman, will be powerful and effective. It will move mountains, it will cause things to shake, it will alter circumstances.
Speaker 2: It will shift cultures.
Speaker 1: It will even dry up the skies of our region. And the exhortation is that we that we pray prayers of faith, that we pray faith prayers. And a faith prayer isn't to say, Father, I bring this to you in faith. A faith prayer is actually a prayer out of the heavenly is. Like we talked about last week. It's a prayer out of knowledge. It's a prayer out of revelation. It's a prayer out of rama. And so out of the rama we make prayers of declaration or releases of decoration over the region, or over the powers, or over the enemy, and those prayers are called prayers of faith. It's the other instance of a prayer of faith is Mark eleven two through twenty four where Jesus cursed the fig tree. Remember that Jesus cursed the fig tree. And then they came back by, and they saw that the fig tree was dried up from the roots. He was dried up from the roots. And he says that it was the prayer of faith that was prayed. And he says, have faith in God. If any of you should say to this mountain, he didn't say, if any of you should beg God about the mountain. He didn't say if any of you should address the problem of the mountain. He says, if any of you should say to the mountain be removed, then it shall be moved from here to there.
Speaker 2: You remember that.
Speaker 1: I'm already preaching better than your amening. I'm going to have some decafe. That's a cow without legs a decaf. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. That's ground beef. That's ground beef. The cow without legs is ground beef. You'll get it later, you'll get it. You'll get it. I might need a water, even, can you give me a water? Water?
Speaker 2: Mean? Are you with me so far?
Speaker 1: So Elijah comes on the scene with all of this debauchery. Now the debaschery is weird because the debastery that he comes on the scene the sea is debauchery with the people of God. So it's a parallel to the Church, the ministry of even the ministry of deliverance. Where Elijah is confronting the demonic realm. He's not gonna front of the demonic realm in Babylon, in Egypt, in Phoenicia, in some odd place. He's confronting the demonic realm that is weighing over the people of God. Elijah's concern is for the people of God. Elijah is burdened for the people of God. And so you know, this is the scene that he comes on because he's seeing that these ten tribes up here, there's ten tribes here, there's two tribes here, two and ten. He's seeing these ten tribes of the Northern Kingdom have been drawn into complete sin, evil, no fear of God, idolatry, immorality, immorality is totally only unclean. And what he sees is it's not just the king, and that's the king is Ahab.
Speaker 2: Listen to it.
Speaker 1: Ahab is yielded to and submitted to the dear Uh.
Speaker 2: What was her name?
Speaker 1: The one you shouldn't have married what is it, Jezebell. Yeah, that's it, that's the one, okay. So a Ahab is totally yielded to and complicit with this the seducing which draft of the bone. So let's give you a little context. First, first King sixteen twenty nine and the thirty eighth year of Asa, king of Ahab's son of Umri became Did you give me that water? What happened to? Oh? There is Ahab son of Amri did more evil? Ay a have become king of Israel the rain Samaria Ariel pointy two years and Ahab did a set of amory than evil in the eyes of the Lord, than any of those before if there were a few king before him, back to the lineage of Jerobom. He not only considered it trivial to commit sin the sins of jerobm son of me, but he also married to Jezebel, daughter of Eth by a king of Sidonians. So Stin was a region where the capital was tired. Do you remember Terrer And if you remember Tire, I think it's Ezekiel sixteen or twenty eight. Commember we'll do with a perfect memory with help me. But Fire is the king of Tires. The one is Zeel, compares to Satan. So the king of Tire is is Uh like filled with pride, right filled ing, and this is her lineage Uh. He marries this daughter of Bail, king of the Cities, and began to serve Bail and worship him. Set up an altar for Bail in the timble of Bail where he that he built in Samaria Ab also mean ash Shoppel, and did more to arouse the anger of the Lord, the God of Israel, and all the kings of Israel before him. So this is you know this, This is this atmosphere that Elijah comes into.
Speaker 2: Phrings sixteen thirty four.
Speaker 1: The next verse says that even in a time of Ahab that they read Jericha. So Jericha had been torn down through a miracle of God. You remember the first city to be torn down a miracle of God.
Speaker 2: The walls fell flat.
Speaker 1: This is the first city that they lamped over as they came into the land, five hundred years before Ahab, five hundred years before Elijah. But there's near the Lord them a band like And this is with the people of God. So think of the Church, think of the church and the church and maybe you can relate to this. That's why I'm trying to expand our line. Because the spirit of Elijah comes to renore and restoration comes through repentance. Let me see again the spirit of Elijah, the hallmark of under more utter to Elijah, the lifestyle of Elijah the ministery On the Baptist, because John the Baptist was the elijahm and John the Baptist had to proceed the Alisha to come, and Jesus was the Elisha to come. And so you see that there's a real fulfillment and Elisha and Elisha, and then there's another fulfillment, and it's the ministry of Elijah that prepares away for Elisha, the ministry of repentance, which brings restoration, prepares away for Elisha come, which brings a triumph over Jezebel and revival to the land. There's always this reoccurring theme.
Speaker 2: And so John the.
Speaker 1: Baptist it was prophesied that Elijah must come again. So this is Malachi three, Malachi four, Elijah to come again. And so Elijah comes as John the Baptist and On the Baptist comes in the spirit and the ministry of Elijah, and he comes to restore the hearts of fathers to their children. And he comes preaching repentance. He comes with a message of repentance, with a heart of repentance, and its repentance that restores it. He comes with heart to restore, but restoration comes through repentance. But his message is not to the world. Neither one of these is their message to the world. Their message is to the people of God. Their message is to the House of God. Their message is to the people that know Him, that those people would repent, Because when the people of God repent, then it releases revible, and it releases the empowerment.
Speaker 2: Of the prophetic realm to tear down the.
Speaker 1: Darkness, not only the darkness over the people of ups, but then the darkness in culture. The darkness in culture is torn down, and the people of God come out from under that darkness themselves.
Speaker 2: So the spirit of eledge of the ministry loge the colon of a logic.
Speaker 1: There's something that the Holy Spirit knows in this dimension of ministry is that when we are purified, then we riot in our authority. When we rise in our authority, we shake the blankets the wet, blanket sedepation of us. Then we're empowered. And not only are we empowered, but grace just begins to break out. Grace begins to break out. We will find that.
Speaker 2: Our need for uh some like you're you.
Speaker 1: Know, we're thinking of what fancy the evangelism thing we can do, and then we're concerned about what we say to the lost, and then we're you know, we're frustrated evangelism, uh frustrated meaning you know, we try and it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: You know where we're going to find that all of that is taken care of.
Speaker 1: When this is taken care of, that the glory of the Lord in the temple and on the people of God because they become a purified, alert people, the stage for the global awakening. And it happens with grace, with ease, not with frustration and with work and hardness. It's not going to be a heart and the coming revival, the coming looking glory, the coming awakening, I should say, is not going to be hard things. Why because it's bursting out onto the world.
Speaker 2: Of Holy Spirit through us who've become a refined, delivered people.
Speaker 1: I make sense. I'm gonna un I'm gonna run over here decafs could maybe the cafe thattter. So in Ahab's time they have and Ahab's time they read it. Jericho, this guy highlib laid its foundation at the cost of this morning's on, because that was prophesied of such. And then he said at the gates of the cost, edition was on in accordance with the word the Lord has spoken through Joshua. And what the water and the Holy Spirit is trying to show us is that during this time, there's no fear of the Lord. We're not concerned about the world. There's no fear of the Lord in the Church, in the people of God, with the ten Tribes, with the people called of God, the people birthed of God, people who who are to give glory to God, walk with God. There's no fear of the Lord in their midst. And so they gather themselves together and they rebuilt at Jericho. And this was not like a small thing to rebuild Jericho. This was like a giant community effort, financial effort. Because the people of the Northern Kingdom come bliss with idolatry and the reverence or God. And I'm appeeling to you, you know, part of what I'm playing to you about today is that we God wants to use us in the serration of the church. God wants to use the instoration of the Church. And it's not just Europe. It's not just all the empty cathedrals. It's not just all the empty churches. It's just not it's not all of the dead churches. It's not the lifeless churches. Uh in Europe. It's here. It's here, and it's all over our nation. And part of the cry of God in this a liedeous season is that we are that we that we are moved with those who have lost their fire, that we are moved with those who are still lickering in or we are moved with those who are not walking with God. We're we're moved with every denomination, group, with every network, with every with every that we grieved when we when a Mike Bickle is exposed, when when anything comes to the front, that we are agreed to heart, we are reab the soul, that we that we that we begin to pray, that we that we take up the cause of restoring the church. Even as we're called as one, even though you're one with the Methodist, how may have you know you're one with the Episcopalians. How many of you know you're one with the Catholics. How many of you know your one with the Nazarenes. How may you know you're one with the Church of Christ and with the Southern Baptist How many of you know your one with every every one of these denominational groups, no matter what they name, If they named Jesus, you're one with them. First Corinthian Chapter twelve, Romans chapter twelve. Though we being many members with differing given us, we are one body. He wasn't just talking about a local assembly. He was talking about the teality of those name Jesus. We are one body. We are one body. And when he says in Ephesian chapter four that the gifts of Minagy, the gifts of Jesus true, the body of Christ would exist to equip us into mystery until we all come into the fullness of the stature of the Sun, he doesn't mean until we all in this church, that church, or the other church come into the full statue. He means until we all who name the name of Jesus come into the full stature.
Speaker 2: This is the will of.
Speaker 1: God, and He partners with us in prayer. He partners with us in understanding for the church to be restored, because what church is restored. We're preparing the weather Lord Mary, for the Lord to come in a greater glory in his temple, in his house, in his houses, in his corporate temple. You we all, with the Epiccipalans, with Trians, all of them, we all are one body that he inhabits and that he desires to come into a fullness. And so there has to be a purifying allergiing with a purifying ministry. And Elijah came with a deliverance ministry, not deliverance to the side Alians, deliverance the house of Israel, setting them free from every complicit thing that they allowed, tolerated, yielded to partner death in and everything that was keeping them from a fullness of walking with God. Oh that's good for pastor demand some of the finest. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm that it's a good word. First kings seven. So Eliah comes and Bayelle was central, Astraat was was secondary, bail was Jezabel had killed all of the prophets of God, and except for a few, Obadiah was hiding like one hundred and sixty of minute caves or and she didn't know it, and she'd kill all the prophets. Odd to her knowledge, she had raised up eight hundred pfty full profits four hundred and fifty bayl four hundred astat part of this part of this word in First Kings seventeen with judgment, a judgment on the demonic realm, and he we can to know that best. We kind of know that about the First King seventeen, First Kings eighteen. Kind of we think of that the most is that, Yeah, he confronted the Bayl and then they all got killed and they was glorious, you know, and you know they poured daughter all over the altar and the sacrifice and it's still you know, he called down fire and it was amazing, And that's kind of our reprinted by the Elijah. But I'm wanting you to see that the people were under the spell. So he also came with a purification ministry. Verse seventeen. He's infronting the Rain and he's confroning the Ross with drought and with famine, because Bael is the fertility god, proofless.
Speaker 2: Flourishing fertility crops. Rain.
Speaker 1: This is who they prayed to. This is who they worshiped, This is who they need sacrifice too for everything to do with rain crops provision. Right, So chapter seventeen, verse one, now we're eligend spit from Tishby, and Gilead said to Ahab As the Lord lives and God of Israel lives, who I serve, there will be neither do nor rain in the next few years except at my word. So he announces this. It's a prophetic judgment. It's a prophetic judgment because God wants to deliver the people out of their seduction and not from under the amonic entity. And so through this ministry. And it's interesting he didn't let to die. You know why after and a half years did God say to it, Okay, you're done, call for rain rifssing. Isn't it interesting how merciful asius God is. Like it was, it was chasing, but it wasn't destruction. God loved these people and want delivered. So it's a chastening, not a destruction. And so that's what happens, you know, in chapter eighteen. So the skies are shut up. But then chapter eighteen he's sent to Scott's back up chapter eighteen or sixteen Ovid I went out to meet Ahab, and Ahab was going to meet Elijah. And when he saw Elijah said to him, is that you, you troubler of Israel? I have not madeable for Israel? Elijah said, but you and your father's simbly had abandoned Lord's commandments and you followed the Bayels. Now some of the people from all Israel to meet me on Mount Carmel and bring the four hundred and fifty profits of belle in the four hundred pphits of Astraa who Etl's table, so a ten words throughout all of Israel, and assembled the prophets on Mount Carnell. Elijah what bore the people and said, how long will you waver between two opinions? Now it's interesting. This is like the largest UFC mash on the planet. Like every cable channel is there, like every camera is there. All Israel came to Mount Carmel. This is no small event. Eight hundred and fifty prophits came, all the royalty game, all of the you know, the throne room, royalty game, and the people came a thousands of people, hundreds of thousands of people came for this showdown right, And Elijah stands before people because the people are complicit. The people are partnering with thiss. You went before the people know how long will you waver between two opinions? The Lord God follow him. But if bails, God follow him. But the people said nothing.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that? But the people said nothing. This is why Elijah was distraught. This is why God was so distraught, because this is you know, the kids that God has birth. These are these are.
Speaker 1: The children of Abraham, and they're confronted with their idolatry, with their immorality, with their uncleanness, with their impurity, with their with their pride, their pride. Jesb Bell brought in the ministry of the King of Tire. It's pride, it's arrogance, it's self reliance, and they're so deceived by it that they aren't going to get a breakthrough until the demonic realm's broken down. And they just received three and a half years of chasing where God showed them, Jehovah showed them, I am in charge of the guys, rain and flourishing at crops, and lessons come from my hand and not from bail and So Elijah is in that kind of moment where he's confronting that unclean relm as well as confronting the impurity and the people, so that Elisha will come. Somebody think that Elijah blew it said necessary. He didn't finish his Uh, he didn't finish his calling. Boy, woe unto Elijah. We you know, we sometimes we have the spirit accounts about Elijah. Elisha had to come. Oh my goodness you Alisha had to come and fish all. But no, no, no, no, this is the pattern of the Lord. This is actually the pattern of the Lord. The pattern of the Lord is that repentance and chastening and confrontation of darkness proceeds the coming of the Lord. We prepare for a greater glory. We're actually preparing our hearts for greater glory. And we have a heart right now that says we want the Presbyterians prepared for a greater glory. We want the Assembly of God. We want the four Square. We want the Baptist, we want a non denomination. We want the Catholic, we want the Methodists. We want the Episcopaling, we want the Apostolic. We want every person that names him of Jesus preparing the way for the Lord to come. And if fullness in church, you want the whole church coming up into purity and coming up into freedom and coming up therefore in the glory, because it's that glory that leads us into the awakening that comes out of a glorified church. The awakening comes out of a glorified church.
Speaker 2: Do you believe it?
Speaker 1: First closing, go ahead and stand with If you stand with me, then I feel more obligated. In the first closing, I'm going to read to you a couple verses about the ministry of Joeneral waiting for the Anna. I can't do anything without that keyboard. Luke Lahan sixteen. He will bring back me of the people of Israel to the Lord, their God, and he will go on before the Lord in the sphere and the power of Elijah. This is John the Baptist. Baptists will bring back many of the people of Israel. It's interesting, have you thought about the church needs to come back. I'm not talking to the world today. We're praying about the world today. We're not we don't even have our mind on the world today. I'm talking about the church. The church needs to come back. The church needs to come back. The Church needs to come back. Don't curse, aren't disparage those other ministries around community. Let's begin to pray for them. Let's begin to prophesy over him. All of our devotions every twenty one, all the twenty one devotions, they're meant to be kind of a framework for your prayer and for your faith ministry as you partner with us together and Elijah to see the church restored, the fear of the Lord restored in the church. Want the fear of the Lord restored in the church. He went before the Lord in his sphere, and the power of Elijah to turn the pans to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous. Well, that's interesting, you know, to turn the parents to the children that we heard that out of Malachi for six. He will turn the fathers to the son, and the sons of the fathers will begin to think about children again.
Speaker 2: We'll begin to do. You know, part of this work in bore heart, the work of.
Speaker 1: The industry of Elijah in your heart, is you start thinking about children, is thinking about then coming up into the kingdom. But it's it's not just the children. It's restoring our hearts to the children and for the love of children, but.
Speaker 2: It's also.
Speaker 1: Turning the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous to make ready people prepared for the Lord. And there's an aspect here where there's a Bible aspect and I can't we're out of time. I'm already on my second clothing right now. But there's a bridal aspect that's taking place. The Holy Spirit is working to prepare us as a bride, and we have the fullness of the groom until we're prepared as a bride. And there's an element of this where yes, he's washing us with the washing of the waterword he feeds us Chapter five, and all of that's taking Pleasure's no doubt he's working on us. But also an aspect where we recognize we need to prepare ourselves.
Speaker 2: I want you to I want you to hear this.
Speaker 1: This is because preparing the way of the Lord is really preparing the way of the Groom, preparing the way for our groom to come, for the marriage to come into a higher level of expression, consummation, fullness, and fulfilling. So I want you to listen to this out of Elation nineteen sixty through eight. Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roaring, the roar of a rushing water, like loud peals of thunder. Shell Hello ya, this is this is crazy. He's hearing the people of bud. He's hearing this great flaw of the people of God. It sounds like a great multitude. It's like the roar the rushing waters, loud peals of thunder, and the shouting Helloah, and they're shouting hallelujah for the Lord God all my rage. Let us read this and be glad and give him glory, for we of the Lamb has come and his ride has made herself ready. Wow, we're quieted here. Wet blankets. The wet blankets from last week came back to this week.
Speaker 2: What happened? What happened? Listen, listen.
Speaker 1: The Lord comes because the ride has made herself ready. Fine linen brighton was given for her to wear. So, yeah, he's working on us. There's no doubt he's working on us, and he desires to wash us with water of his word. There's an aspect where we're working on too. We're recognizing, Oh, I want the fullness of the groom, the fullness of his presidence. I want the fullness of his glory. I want the fullness of his nearness. Oh, then I should make myself ready. I should make myself ready, and fine linen, bright and clean will be given.
Speaker 2: To me to wear.
Speaker 1: We know the ministry of Jezebel and Ahab and Yup can cut us out there. But could it be here? Could it be here? Could could we be under deception? Could we under wrong thinking? Could we be under any kind of sorcery or witchcraft?
Speaker 2: Could it?
Speaker 1: Could it be that we have any kind of idolatry in our lives? Could it be that we're tolering, we're tolerating something unclean in our lives instead of the Romans. So just get rid of it, get it off if you need to, get your phone, if you need to. Some people have gone to flip phones because they just know the Lord that if your eye, if you're rid of it. So there we're cleansed, and that we're pureiful because when we get purified and we can confront the the monk realm in our own mist, and when we confront the demonic realm here and we get liberty here, we will see the Lord do even more among things in culture, in culture, in the world. And it won't because we're working so hard. It's going to because there's so much grace that's oozing out of the church. It's oozing out of the bride. It's irresistible race, it's irresistible power oozing out like an anointing, Like an anointing. Hands up with you, Holy Spirit, we welcome this ground. Say it with me, Holy Spirit. I welcome this aspect of purification, this aspect of liberty, this partnership with you. And I ask you, Holy Spirit, show me a partner with you for the variation.
Speaker 2: Of the church.
Speaker 1: Lay on me the bird, Lay on me the burden of reservation, that the whole church, not just the remnant church, not just a portion of the church just to try down south, but the whole church be restored.
Speaker 2: I let go of.
Speaker 1: Cursing the church, hopeless server the church, frustration over the church, bring us over the church, contempt over the church, criticism, animosity toward aspects, elements, groups of the church. The more I receive an Elijah brace on my life to prophesy over the church, to partner with you, to see the church restored in Jesus name.
Speaker 2: Everybody said, give the Lord to thank golfering.
Speaker 1: Give the Lord the golfing. Hallelujah. Okay, So we want you to be friends with one another. We want you to meet somebody to prayer and have a very tasteless meal. Don't make your food, d Nancy right, because it's the meat and the wine and the sweet of the Lord. We're really after these twenty one days. But join up with one another. Ship ut out to one another, share a meal this evening even do it c B. And get you on Saturday and help.
Speaker 2: Us with the rich.
Speaker 1: Be part of an Isaiah fifty eight expression. And then get here to church some of the corporate gatherings every morning every morning six to seven am Tuesdays and Friudays at noon and other times.
Speaker 2: So look online. Be part of this.
Speaker 1: Let's run after the fullness of Jesus together Amen,