Speaker 1: Ross and I were just chatting about the Kamala Harris sixty minutes interview. Not sure if any of you caught any of that. I gotta tell you, I didn't watch it live yesterday after I got done putting prep together. I don't know why. I think it was because my theory, rosswell, I was so tired is I realized we don't have a one day work week this week. So so actually I went to bed pretty early and my thought was, I was going to get up in the morning. I was going to watch the Kamala Harris sixty minutes interview. And you know, just see how it went. Check that bad boy out? Did they softballer? They walk her through a bunch of you know, obvious questions. Did they just tear up for stuff like, well a range of one to satan? What do you think Trump is? And here's the thing. The questions weren't difficult, they weren't surprising. There were no gotcha questions. There were very obvious questions they were going to ask. And I'll play some of the audio, but I so, I literally I went to sleep. I'm like, all right, I'm gonna get up early. I set my alarm for like an hour earlier, because I knew I was just conking out there, man.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: I don't know about two in the morning, one point thirty in the morning, I woke up and I had I had let the sleep time, right, I didn't put on on my TV. I was watching something, and so that thing still go Actually my iPad, my iPad is when I watch at night, and it just kind of conked out. Woke up and I'm like, oh, man, I forgot to turn that on. And I did that thing where you reach over to do it. And what I had forgotten is normally I had, like I have like a thing of water, right because I'll wake up and I'll be thirsty, and I had a thing of water, but I had it literally in a glass glass. And so like oh dark thirty in the morning, I reach over to turn it on and I just perfectly I hit my hand, knocked it off my side table, and it just shattered all over the floor. So I'm like, well, yes, I'm up, right, because at that point you're up, You're just like all right, we're gonna do this thing. And so I'm sitting there at like oh dark thirty in the morning, I'm like, well, let me go ahead and watch this. And I got to tell you, I thought it would put me back to sleep, and then my alarm would go off, and then I'd go ahead and do it because I had to. I was hooked, man, I was absolutely hooked. From the moment she explained in detail and specifically her policy and her thoughts surrounding Israel. I knew this was an interview I needed to watch, and so at that point I started sending poor Ross emails because I hadn't sent him the audio on this. I mean, I knew he would pull it in the morning, but I didn't send him the audio. And it's like every time I watched a clip, I'm like, yeah, that's going on the show tomorrow, and then boom, I'd send that email over. So somehow I fell back asleep for like ninety minutes or something. So just probably not good, but whatever, we'll go ahead and do that. So if you didn't watch the sixty minutes Kamula interview, I, well, I'm gonna play the audio and we'll look at those individually. I'm trying to figure out what's going on here, because I gotta tell you, that was even though all you didn't have to try that hard. That seemed like a pretty good piece of journalism there. I'll give credit where credit is due, and it only required very basic question. And what it did is it highlighted that, in my opinion, it highlighted the theory and the rumor that the reason they're going to try to biden her right basically keep her in a basement, keep her away from the press, is they realize internally that it's going to be an unmitigated disaster if somebody actually puts questions to her. And by the way, this is also an indictment of the handful of journalists that have interviewed this woman. You understand that this is an indictment of because when you see how easy it was to expose her absolute lack of a plan, understanding, comprehension, living in reality, whatever you want to call it. You got to look at MSNBC with their little softball interview. I know Tim Walls was there or no, I'm sorry MSNBS. He was the one Tim Walls was there for. But CNN. MSNBC had what the Tim Walls won, and then CNN had just the regular Kamala one. What else was she on? I guess she's gonna be on the view, but a handful of others. She was on some podcast people are upset, So she was on that Call Me Daddy podcast, which is it's it's it's a raunchy podcast. But ultimately I also understand why people go on there because it's a very popular podcast. And I don't know if you've noticed when they do, like where they go walk around ask people around Santa Monica Beach or the pier there. You know, questions like who's the president, right, and they have no idea right. You're trying to reach those people. They may not vote, they may not know how to vote because they're dumb. But I kind of get that. But it but like she wasn't challenged ever, and it became so abundantly clear watching the sixty minutes interview. I don't even know where to let me start with the Israel thing, I guess because I mentioned that obviously yesterday was the anniversary of the slaughter, not just at the music festival but across many parts of Israel, and of course that also was that meant it was a celebratory time on college campuses, because that's what you do when people are literally slaughtered so that you know that's that's that's an issue. So of course she was asked about that yesterday, and thankfully she put it all in context. And this was the first one I saw on This is when I knew there'd be several cuts on the show.
Speaker 3: Prime Minister.
Speaker 4: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyahu is not listening well.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 5: The work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that re in by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, what wait, wait, hold on to the question, and you don't get all the questions, but the question was essentially, you guys have been pushing for a cease fire, You've you've laid some boundaries as it pertains to financial support for Israel, but yet it doesn't sound like netya, who's listening. That's the question essentially, what what do you do about that? And you got whatever the hell that was?
Speaker 4: Well, it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening well.
Speaker 5: Bill, The work that we have done has resulted in a number of.
Speaker 6: Movements in that region.
Speaker 5: By Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 1: What does that even mean? All right? And so I'm like, you got to understand. I am like I've been awake for a minute, but I'm like that awake when you know you just somebody just broke into your house because that glass shattered. I don't know why. That's the most effective alarm clock you'll ever find, but I got wood floors. What are your drinking glasses now? Just because your ear and bare feet, you don't know if it's smashed went under the bed and it's now waiting for you on the other side. Like I was up and I thought I must have been coming out of like a coma listening to that thing.
Speaker 7: It's not just like what she's saying, It's it's how she looks when she's saying it.
Speaker 1: Yes, she looks conveyed on radio, the panic in her eyes. So like I have I have Why don't I call it a theory? I have a possibility, but I don't know. And the possibility is, well, there's two possible. One sixty minutes decided to do the bare minimum, because again, this is not master class fool you know, fooling her. He's not other than you know, with a with a concerned look the uh the guy from sixty minutes, he's not running traps on her. Sometimes journalists run traps. He's not. He's asking basic questions.
Speaker 7: But I mean, compared to what she's had, Yeah, for this, it seems very adversarial, right, it comparatively does.
Speaker 1: But you would agree that in the grand scheme of things, if you take you it's not an adversarial interview.
Speaker 7: No, But I mean when you go from the Call Me Daddy podcast or whatever it is to this, it's going to seem like it's more like, oh my god, he's attacking her. But it's also it's cut up like her previous interviews. It is, there's a lot of jump cuts in it, like a TikTok video. Uh huh, So what did they have to edit out of? This is what we got.
Speaker 1: I who the hell know? Maybe she wet her so I don't who knows, I don't know. Oh my gosh, all right, well fifteen minutes for wardrobe. I look, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: You ever think that maybe the the smashing of the cup on your floor is symbolic of the hairs campaign.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's so, this is where I'm going here, this is where I'm going. And I was kind of slow rolling into it, but let me just get into it. I wonder if in the same way that they that the media sat there and looked at that in that debate performance by Biden and went Okay, not only is the jig up, but now we look bad, right, because we've been sitting here essentially going no, that's not what are you talking about. He's great. He just I just took a mensa test and he's the smartest man in the world. What are you talking about? I I And they were just they were absolutely exposed for their trash behavior. I wonder if they are sitting here looking at the same polls that we're looking at for whatever reason, and plus you know, whatever internal stuff that they have available because the network's do internal too, and going all right, time to pretend to be journalists again because you know, we're the we're the only ones surviving the backside of this. I don't do this to instill confidence and Trump voters in any way, shape or form. I'm purely analyzing it, and frankly, if you're a Trump supporter, I wouldn't get comfortable that being said, I'm trying to figure out an explanation for why all of the other members sixty minutes isn't some bastion of actual journalism. I could pull you cut after cut that we've played on the show where they're doing the same exact garbage, just ignoring stuff, coming out with state eight mints of fact that are clearly not statements. You remember whatever they're doing.
Speaker 7: Remember the interview they did with Trump right where he had to release the unedited version of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you're not, They're not. These are not journalists you're dealing with in the purest sense.
Speaker 7: There's been a number of successive events that have happened recently. Just in a matter of weeks. You had the VP debate where Walls were advanced was amazing and Walls looked like an idiot. And then you had Walls on Fox News. You had their response to to the hurricane. So I mean, all these events are compounding, right, They're making her look like there are people stepping back going what is who is this person?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the extent that they did. I don't think that what they did to her was horrible on SNL. I think it was they were once again doing what they used to do, and that's try to find the funny and in what's going on and the concept of Kamala Harris watching the debate while he says I made friends with school shooters while she crushes her glass of wine. That's funny, man.
Speaker 7: I know they destroyed her in this skit Wall saying he thought he was at Epcot, right, that's funny still in my material, Sure, yeah, that's what I said, Yeah, you were right getting the phones.
Speaker 1: But it's when I said yesterday right, use of the Ross defense. So that's that's funny. But now I'm sitting there, I'm looking at the sixty minutes going is it just funny?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Or is it more than that?
Speaker 4: Was democracy best served by President Biden stepping down and basically handing you a nomination. He didn't have to go through a primary process, you didn't have to fight off other contenders. That's not really the way our system was intended to work.
Speaker 1: That is not a gotcha question, that's a that's a you guys did a unique thing? Explain to me why it's okay. He could have ordered it just the way I said, Hey, you guys did a really unique thing. Explain to me why this is okay? Does that sound adversarial, that doesn't sound adversarial, or how do you convince voters everything's good that doesn't sound And that's what he asked, straightforward. And it's an anticipation, an anticipatory question too. You should anticiity. I understand that you haven't had to deal with it, but you should anticipate at some point you're gonna get this question. All right, I'm sorry. Continue.
Speaker 5: President Biden made a decision that I think history is going to show is rare among leaders.
Speaker 1: Right, he made it. But then all of you made a decision too, right, everyone behind the scenes, Barack Obama probably, and then you, of.
Speaker 6: Course, which was to put country before self.
Speaker 5: And I am proud to have earned the support of the vast majority of delegates and to have been elected the Democratic nominee. I am proud to have received the endorsement of leaders around this country from every background and walk of life to fight in this election over the next month for our democracy.
Speaker 4: But I think this truncated process is why people think or saying they don't really know who you are.
Speaker 5: Look, I've been in this race for seventy days.
Speaker 1: All right, well that's true. Yeah, so you convinced what two thousand I can't remember how many delegates there are or whatever. Maybe that's just super whatever. You convinced a few thousand people who have a vested interest in adding some sanity to a process that's been upended. And then you went out and were able to convince the very same people who run the organizations and political local political parties to support you after it was already said you're the nominee. Good for you. That's like me going down to sales and trying to get support of the salespeople for the show. You understand that, right, Like me walking down to sales and being like, who wants to sell for this show? Who thinks that this is a good show to sell for? All right, we'll be back. Hang on Kamala Harrison insanity, Oh man, yeah, yeah, yeah, so Kamala Harris on sixty minute. Let me do this by the way, before I go ahead and get back into the audio, because this is this is how you want to wake up. Listening to this disaster makes you have a couple of guests on the show today. I know we don't generally, excuse me, do two guests, but we're gonna get into it now. Seven oh five, Senator Ted Buddle joined us. Obviously, you know we're gonna talk to him about, right. I did see him on Fox News yesterday. In fact, I retweeted yesterday a video clip of that interview he did. I will he's using the term dragging their feet, which is Washington speak, which is actually, you know, a significant charge among the fake politeness that is Washington. But what I want to talk to Ted about, and we'll get into it, is I was told yesterday for about the umpteenth time that having questions about things, or noticing oddities, or listening to the actual people out there who are giving first hand accounts of incidents they've had, like having any interest in that is, according to FEMA, is making it so people don't want to avail themselves of FEMA. That is an actual That is an actual charge that they levied yesterday. If you have if you are questioning what's going on up there, you are sowing disinformation, which I don't understand how that works, right, because like some of these are videos of the incidents, right like the police officer in Ashville telling the owner of now a former mechanic shop that they can't even go onto their own property, which is, by the way, is it's perfectly calm around. There's there's literally dozens of people in the general vicinity. There's not water on the property, there's none of that. Can't go on there and retrieve their tools and what's left of their shot because it's gone. And I know that any of you out there who work at you know, as a mechanic or in a shop setting, you recognize the value of those tools. I honestly, I think the truck that you could hijack that would give you the most receipts is a snap on truck. That stuff ain't cheap man, all right, don't by the way, I'm no one, because I actually no one of the snap don't. Don't. Don't hijack him. But my point is it makes perfect sense. And there is unadulterated all you know, real time, one hundred percent video on this. It's not in dispute, but to air that, to question that, to wonder why blackhawks are doing rotor washes on food supplies. Ross, did you see that video of that helicopter coming in and wiping out all that food because it got you know, a helicopter gets really low over stuff. There's a lot of a lot of wind going on there, and like this black Hawk, it hovers down over like stacks of non perishable food and toiletries and all that and just destroys it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's pretty awful, and you wonder where the conspiracy theories come from.
Speaker 1: Right, and it did it twice? There were two or I shouldn't say it did it twice. There were two incidents. Now, could it absolutely be an inexperienced pilot who didn't know what the hell was? Sure? But like that's not pilots that I know. The pilots that I know, and I know quite a few private pilots or you know people people who have worked either from a military standpoint, who were pilots. I know fighter jet pilots. I know guys that flew helos, I know guys that still fly helos. I know a lot of guys who are smaller like moonies. Cirrus is the Cerrus SR twenty was. If if I'm ever blessed enough to be able to have my own little plane and I just need something from popping around regionally. I would love a serrus man like. But what I know about all those guys is when they're in the cockpit, man, they're there their business, right, So like that whole thing is just weird. But if I'm being told that questioning them by by FEMA yesterday, that questioning this and and and putting these things out is causing people to not try to register for their programs, I don't believe you now, Don't get me wrong. We have the story yesterday where some of the folks in back Cave were like, you know what, we don't even want FEMA here to get out of here. That's their personal decision. And it's not based on my radio show. That that woman who owns the what's the what is the diner there? I'm trying to remember the name of it. Is it Riverside? It might be Riverside Diner. Maybe that's down in Chimney that has that has to be gone. Write anything with the name Riverside in it probably is not doing well right now. Right One of the women, one of the women in that story I think was the woman from that place. She's not listening to this show. She should, y'all should, but she's not. She's she's she's basing this on her own experience. So when I go ahead and I talk about on my show the story that ran in the New York Post where she gave quotes over this stuff, is that hampering other people from availing themselves of your program or people not availing themselves of the program because they can't find you? What do you think is more likely? So I don't want to hear any of this garbage. So you know, maybe we need more of this, and we'll talk to the Senator about this, because at least he seems at least he's one of our two senators that seems intellectually curious about this stuff. There's no hope for the other guy, Senator slender Man. Good god, what an absolute wart on the behind of society during this time. That being said, we'll talk to him. Seven o five eight oh five. What is this when it comes to blackhaw If it was Guard, yeah, I can't even figure out that was Guard or you know, it could be could be a Although a lot of the big entities came out, like the Cajun Navy and others who do have helicopters, like it's not ours, I don't know it. Could it be a guardsman, it could absolutely, but like it doesn't make any sense. Like when you're when when you're a when you're a helicopter pilot, or you're a pilot in general. One of the things that you know, I know this, and I'm not a pilot. One of the things that you know is hand signals. Right there there, you understand hand signals, And it's clear in that video that you have former members of the military who are giving hand signals just as they would to a helo that is in a military situation that is trying to land or is you know, doing a number of things like it's all clearly happening. So excuse me. The whole thing is just strange dude now, and people going, what's the conspiracy. I don't know what the conspiracy is. I'm simply pointing out this thing happened. Like if you wanted to sabotage the whole operation, just dipping down with a helicopter and rotor washing a pile of foods, not going to accomplish that in one single location. So uh, I hear the theories out there, why can't I ask questions, so, uh, you know, we gotta that's what the senator has on his plate here in about twenty minutes and then, Uh, I wanted to talk to somebody who's actually been, you know, bouncing around doing stuff. We were we were going to try to we were trying to chat with Corey Mills, the Florida congressman, has been out there. But yeah, he's kind of a busy dude. I get that though. Uh, if you guys are on Twitter, Uh, one of the folks on Twitter who was up there? I saw her tweeting about it a whole bunch and visiting various community of these she's she's from there. He is a Twitter user by the name of Cassie Clark Ross. Were you familiar with her, Stuckey, I am.
Speaker 7: I mean she we've been following each other for a while. It made me laugh because she followed me after one of my olive garden jokes. Well, she replied, She replied, Oh my god, we should be best friends.
Speaker 1: To be fair, to be fair, to be fair. When I first saw her on Twitter, it was mostly her like establishing blood feuds with Florida barbecue joints and stuff.
Speaker 7: I mean, which which is well deserved?
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, hold on, you never had good barbecue?
Speaker 7: And listen, I'm just so loyal, you know, I'm loyal to my friends. Yeah, we could be loyal, like I can.
Speaker 1: You know, I can like North Carolina barbecue but also appreciate a beef brisket out of Texas. There are two different things. But whatever, all right, So, like, but I saw her. You know she's not political, well she tries not to be. There's a lot of people that bring her into the political frame. Well, there's nothing you can do about that, right, especially if you're having because I know she does like space and stuff. There's nothing you can do when you're essentially letting people have the mic. Right, that's like us doing a radio show and then you just putting calls on without screening them. Who the hell knows what you're gonna get, right, So I just I wanted her. I wanted her perspective as somebody who's a native from there or a native of North Carolina. I think she might have grown she grew up in Wilmington and moved the mountains or the other way around. It doesn't matter, right, And but you know it has those personal connections. Because it's one thing to show up and you don't really know folks there, but you're there to volunteer and see what's going on and recount your things. It's another thing when a local will pull you aside and go and let me tell you another thing, Like that's a big deal for gathering information. It's why if you're in the business that I'm in, establishing relationships is a good thing. The amount of crap that you get fed and told and whatnot obviously aids what you're doing. So we're gonna we're gonna chat with Cassie. What is her twittering? Dogwood? Was it Dogwood Blooms at Dogwood Blooms if you want to see her Twitter account anyway, we'll chat with her at eight oh five, So we got that going on. We'll find out what her favorite olive garden dishes, because that that's all will no she's lying or not.
Speaker 7: So I was actually I was absolutely like surprised, Like when her first profile picture a long time ago, I thought it was a picture of one of the Ulsen twins, like Mary Keeter Ashley, and I was like, she's using like an Ulsen twin And then I'm like, no, that's that. Oh my god. I'm like, she looks like she.
Speaker 1: Looks like an adult Ulsen twin. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. So she probably doesn't have the baggage. That's another thing. Oh man, all right, so we'll chat with her, coming up at eight oh five. All right, So back to Kamala. Back to I just chatted this whole time, but whatever, Back to Kamala, because this sixty minutes thing, the only assumption I have is that they're looking at the numbers, going, this woman is gonna lose, and we got to do something so that we can we can still pretend to be journalists on the backside. I give no credit to sixty minutes wanting to do the right thing. I'm only trying to figure out why they chose to do the right thing, what forced their hand, And that's my theory. Oh yeah, you think it could get worse than the Israel stuff or the the the Hey, how are you the nominee stuff? You should hear the border stuff. Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I've been covering the border for for years and so I know this is not a problem that started with your administration, but there was an history.
Speaker 1: I got a pod did you hear how she thought he was throwing her a lifeline?
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 1: Do you hear the anticipation in her voice, because again, this is not the beginning of the interview. This this mid interview, and she's already realizing this isn't going well, and there's there's like hopefulness in her voice.
Speaker 4: I've been covering the border for for years, and so I know this is not a problem that started with your administration, But there was an historic flood of undocumented immigrants coming across the border the first three years of your administration. As a matter of fact, arrivals quadrupled from the last year of President Trump. Was it a mistake to loosen the immigration policies as much as you did.
Speaker 5: It's a long standing problem and solutions are at hand, and from day one, literally we have been offering solutions.
Speaker 4: What I was asking was, was it a mistake to kind of allow that flood to happen in the first place.
Speaker 5: Think the policies that we have been proposing are about fixing a problem, not promoting a problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, but the numbers did quadruple.
Speaker 5: And the numbers today because of what we have done, we have but the flow of illegal immigration by half.
Speaker 6: We have to the sentinel by half.
Speaker 5: But we need Congress to be able to act to actually fix the problem.
Speaker 1: Right, But you don't because the things you undid you didn't use Congress to do.
Speaker 7: So she's getting angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's getting answer. The audacity that she's going to get pressed on these questions is not sitting well with her.
Speaker 7: She goes from I could solve this to throwing Congress under the bus.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And look, here's the thing. At the end of the day, she's not wrong in the sense that if you want to fully button up the border and do stuff, it is going to require not just executive orders, but rather an act of Congress, probably in conjunction with it. She's not wrong there, however, to say it's a problem you can control somewhat the scale of the problem, and it's apparent that you've chosen the other end of the scale, which is just, hey, let's let's go ahead and do this. And by do this, I mean we'll set up an app so you can start the process for you ever get here, we will fly thousands, fly in thousands of people. Thousands of people will fly them in. Remember that number that came out just before we went on vacation ross where they were like, here's the number of murderers and rapists that were literally let into the knowingly let into the country. That just that got memory holds so quick. In fact, if you don't know what that is, because it did get memory holds so quick. And then we had I don't know, we had this whole hurricane thing which kind of distracted us here in North Carolina. Allow me to retrieve that and talk about it, and more audio coming up in just a moment. Hang on hearing about ten minutes with Senator Ted Budd. But let's let's keep on the Kamala audio, shall we. And then we got so much of it we'll have to get some of it after Ted as well. But it did not go well, and like it didn't stand a chance. How about the things, just the flip flop stuff. That's a pretty standard question, right, it flip flopped on this. They love asking most politicians, usually not as many Democrats, but they love asking politicians, why'd you say this one thing and then this other? And famously some have pulled it off, like Barack Obama with gay marriage. Oh well, I thought about it, and now I'm this right, and then they gave him a pass. And you have to understand too. While this is going on, Kamala Harris is being interviewed, Walls is on Jimmy Kimmel, and Jimmy Kimmel is hitting hard hitting questions like we really like you. I just want you to know we like you because you seem like a guy who empties the lint trap after every load. So that's what he's getting. She's getting this.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what your critics and the column say.
Speaker 4: Okay, they say, the reason so many voters don't know you is that you have changed your position on so many things.
Speaker 3: You were against fracking, now you're for it.
Speaker 4: You supported looser immigration policies, now you're tightening them up.
Speaker 3: You're for medicare for all.
Speaker 4: Now you're not so many that people don't truly know what.
Speaker 3: You believe or what you stand for. And I know you've heard that.
Speaker 5: In the last four years, I have been Vice president of the United States, and I have been traveling our country, and I have been listening to folks and seeking what is possible in terms of common ground.
Speaker 6: I believe in building consensus.
Speaker 1: A couple guests joining us this morning so let's get right into that. We're going to kick things off with Senator Ted Budd joining us. How are you doing this morning, Senator.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning, Cathie. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: You're busy, dude, man, I saw you on the TVs yesterday. You were doing senator stuff. I mean, you know, the work doesn't even though back in your I guess a district's the wrong word, but back in your state, obviously things continue to be insane, however you wish to interpret that. And so let's talk about what a day in your life looks like because right now, as you're probably aware, there's a lot of people, and I know that I'm not allowed to say things like this under penalty of FEMA or Hillary Clinton, but there's a lot of people wondering if the federal government's doing everything that they should and can do. So talk about what you're doing on the regular right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, all all hands on deck right now, Western North Carolina. So we get up early, we charge hard, we see what we need, and I kind of look at the role over the last probably what twelve days, since we've been kind of looking at how the storm is going to evolve. One Hey, if there's a leadership void, we'll step in and help. We want to bring resources to the area. We want to cut through red tape and get folks to work together. But I want to, you know, have a framework of gratitude for what has come to the state, whether that's a volunteer as an individual, somebody walking through a Samaritans First American Red Cross or Baptist on mission. We've just seen a lot of people really step up. So I want to say thankful, you know, thank you to them. There are government resources on the ground now, whether that's the Age Sake and Airborner and one hundred and first, and then you know FEMA. We reached out to another state that had dealt with FEMA and they said, look, you know, eventually they're going to be helpful, but they're going to disappoint you. It's just a bureaucratic morass. But also want to say thank you to I think their heart's in the right place. I think they're organizationally rather inefficient, but I do want to say thank you to them. I think they do the best they can. They need they need real leadership at the top, and you know from the administration that's what's missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to echo this. I'm sorry to around. I want to echo this because I don't want to pee pee individual workers for FEMA is. This is not a judgment on them like any other thing. I think there are people that wish the lawyer did things differently, But there is clearly a leadership issue.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that really starts at the top, whether it's screwing up the exit from Afghanistan two years ago, whether it's you know, or whether it's this in a crisis, This type of leadership at the top is not equipped to deal with the facts on the ground. And you know, it's very frustrating to me. But again, we have what we have.
Speaker 9: We have an election.
Speaker 8: This is a choice for America to sad, what do they want going forward? You know, do you want a mean sheet, a mean tweet and a good life or do you know, do you want you want total chaos, whether it's on the ground in the mountains of North Carolina, or in Afghanistan or in the Middle East, in Ukraine. That it's just so crazy that people have bought into in the last three and a half years under Joe Biden. Kamalai airis so very frustrating, but eventually it's you know, it's up to us as Americans, what do we want going forward?
Speaker 1: I think that some people wonder, if they're elected officials and you're in this bucket, are doing enough? I saw to you. I'm sure you saw Tom Cotton that interview the other day where she made the mistake of bringing up the funding for Lebanon and all of these things and pointing out that or the FEMA funding as it pertained to migrant resettlement and saying, well, these aren't the same thing. This is the gamesmanship that you got. Well, I'll throw you and hear you guys play up in DC right where you go. Well, actually that meme on the well, actually it's two separate funds. But the point remains that when when they needed money for stuff, they didn't have to go through you guys. They found money for stuff. I don't know where they found it, if it's in the couch cushions at the White House, but they found all this money for Lebanon. They came to you for these short term funding things in some instances, So explain the process because it's a really bad rebuttal when we watch them scramble for their priorities. But those priorities don't seem to be DC. That's what I think, or North Carolina, or really the US for that matter, citizens. And that's the part I think is really sticking in people's cross. Senator.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I totally agree I Bristol with the you guys kind of thing. I think we're out there doing everything we can.
Speaker 1: Well I couched it. I couched it, so but so explain to me why you're not those guys and what they need to be doing. So that's what I want.
Speaker 8: To look this is you think about the guy, you know, trying to ford gas to get in his truck to go to work, and you know, either if it's a deduction from his paycheck or he writes a quarterly check for a small business, he's not like sending one little check to the Lebanon and supporting headspel and then another little check over here, you know, to help with the folks who was here in North Carolina. It's all coming out of his or her paycheck. And I think that's why they're so frustrated when you got a billion dollars that go. They want the government deploy, even if it's somebody in Greensboro or Raleigh that wasn't directly affected by the storms to the west. They get mad when it's time for the government to step up. And they got a billion dollars out of FEMA that needs to go to North Carolina and the surrounding states to see in Georgia and Florida. But that billion dollars went to resettle people who are here legally, you know, a billion dollars at one point four billion dollars allocated, a billion dollars already spent. That's resettled people that shouldn't be here when we need help for the people that are paying their taxes day in and day out. And that's that's what's sticking people's crawl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so how what do we do about it? And now you use the term I watched your interview yesterday, use the term flat footed, and I got to be honest, that might be the most aggressive criticism that I've heard. And Lee, especially from our two senators, don't even get me started against people with flat feet started.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, nothing against people with flat feet, of course, right, we see the uh, what we see a lack of speed, and that again back to the people on the ground. Whether that's the people on the ground with the clipboard at the picnic table, with being out of the grocery store that are helping folks, or whether it is the eighty second every one hundred first and by the way, I stopped and assault. They're a base and variant. And I talked to in listed folks yesterday. I talked to junior officers, uh, and they said, hey, we were ready day one.
Speaker 1: And I am, first of.
Speaker 8: All, I'm so grateful for them being on the ground. It's just the bureaucratic handwringing at the top, which is in the lack of decision making that is that has slowed things down. So it ain't FEMA. And they try to say, oh, you're criticized and femas. No I'm not, because that's eighty percent, ninety percent of that is like folks out there that they chose a career path so that they could help other people, but they're trapped in this leadership structure of bureaucracy and is very frustrating. So I see a lack of speed, a lack of coordination, failure to communicate with the pilots, for instance, and then all these rumors start and the rumors really start for a couple of reasons. One, you've had three and a half years of breaking down trust between your leaders and regular folks going to pay their taxes day in, day out, and so now all of a sudden, when the government asked you to trust them, they're going like, hey, you know, they're very, very skeptical. So it's hugely frustrating. So lack of speed, lack of coordination, and misplaced priorities. And that's the for instance, the billion dollars of FEMA that's resettled illegal aliens rather than putting folks on the ground visibly. I use the word visibly because I've got a list right here of all twenty five counties in the emergency declaration and a name and a contact number. But when you go, people don't know where these folks are. You know, they can get an eight hund number that says go to this grocery store and you can get you know, your resettlement money. They're getting denied. They're choked down on all these processes. So black of speed, lack of coordination, misplaced priority, that's the that's what's really happened. And this organization or in the Biden administration of Kamala Harris administration last three and a half years.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to offer a third one here and then I I want to ask you a question. The third one is the reason you're hearing rumors is because they're true, right, And I'm not talking about seizing cities for lithium minds or you know, some of the weather control machines, which gets then lumped in when I'm posting a video of a auto shop owner in Ashville that is videoed from start to finish, who wants to go find in the waste of their building. They're expensive tools, so people don't steal them, being shut out by the ability to do that. Yet there's dozens of people walking around the area and and so like, that's not a rumor anymore. So here's my question for you, what is wrong with people sharing this stuff? Because the response that I've gotten is that if you do it, FEMA yesterday said that by sharing this stuff and they're non specific on what all that encompasses, but basically unsubstantiated stuff that you are in people are not applying to FEMA. And and that's and it's because of that I think it more is your first point that people maybe don't trust FEMA, but some of that's of their own doing. So when you when people are sharing videos, it is verified first hand accounts, which not all of them are. Admittedly, people panic and they hear things and rumors go. But how else are you supposed to bring about change if you don't highlight the deficiencies and basically get told that if you share that on social media, you're hurting people. That's the absurdity that I think people are trying to process.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna agree with you totally there, because people need to show the discrepancies and the problems and highlight them so that in its hey, so that people can get better, other organizations can get better. It's a it's a way for regular folks that may not have a you know, like a political platform, like I've got to say, hey, you guys need to step up. We're paying you out of our paycheck each and every week. Uh, you know, to do your work and you need to. So I think it's a great platform. I'm simply referring to the ones you know that are that are the crazy rumors that are a distraction, but the real stuff, lack of accountability and problem that needs to be exposed.
Speaker 1: Okay, well and and and so you know, maybe somebody with a platform like me, I have a platform, you have a platform I'm familiar with, So like, why don't you be our guy. Let's let's you be you be our rand Paul Man. Let's go ahead and do this thing.
Speaker 8: Well we That's what I'm doing from morning tonight is building phone calls, sitting there in the office, sitting on this is burning up. And then I'm going in there, like let's say that there's the FAA steps in and tries to shut down an airport from these and volunteer helicopter and small aircraft pilots I'm calling them. I'm going like, you guys can't do this. But we all want to stay safe, we want to stay within the law. But you're over exerting your authority. Whether it's FAA, whether it's SEEMA, you know, whether it's getting a military branch to step up and work together. That's the thing when I start out, you know, stepping into the leadership boyd, bringing resources to the area to help people and cutting through red tape and getting folks to work together. So it's that last one right there, is they don't over exert your authority. There is nothing casey like North Carolinians helping North Carolinians neighbors or first on the scene. Then it was the volunteers and with a lot of bureaucratic delay. Now the government that people paid for is starting to help out too slow, too uncoordinated, to bureaucratic. Sure it's getting better, but with a lot of pressure from folks, whether it's on social media or whether it's you know, Chuck Edward's out West Virginia Fox who lived through this by the way, or me in the foothills here putting pressure on government to do.
Speaker 3: What they ought to do.
Speaker 1: What's the most absurd thing you've had to make a phone call in flex your senatorhood with you there's I.
Speaker 8: Mean, I would say, you know, somebody's trying to step in and shut down airspaces and saying, hey, you guys can't bring a pickup truck full of supplies onto the airfield, and you know I would just say, yeah you can, Yeah you can. So I'd say that's probably the most ridiculous thing.
Speaker 1: You know out west, But well that's that could be deadly And I'm not trying to be dramatic here, and I want to say this too, and I know you have some of it. I was raised in the mountains, man, the mountains of Wyoming, but mountains of North Carolina are the closest thing I've ever lived near since then that mirrors it. But the people are the same. And so when they're sitting there and they're wondering why some folks may not be reaching out, it maybe because they can't find them. But as you, you went to school at app right at school, Yeah you went to Okay, So yeah, like you, you spent years living up in the mountains too. Mountain people are different, man, They're just they're built different. And the self sufficiency that they have, even in the face like this, I think can be influential more so than what we may be seeing in Tampa. And I like people in Tampa. But city people and mountain people are different. Country people are different.
Speaker 2: You know this.
Speaker 1: You're a country person.
Speaker 8: You know. I live in rural data counties, less rural than when I was born and where a family moved here fifty years ago. But the mountain folks that are tough, they lived there, I mean they moved to Charlotte or Raleigh, or you know, tryad area or anywhere that's urban, and you know, some do, but some stay and they don't want to leave their homes. They're independent. They're there for a reason and they've got a certain psyche that says, we want just enough help so we can help ourselves and help our neighbors.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 8: And when it comes down to help, we need to be ready for them. You know, if that's a chainsaw or a little bit of bar oil or two stroke oil just so they can run their chainsaws, We're going to do that. That's what the biggest help has been. If these helicopter pilots flying in, we're bringing you starlink and we're bringing you five gallons of gas that can run your generator for another day or two. You know, that's some of the biggest help that we've seen to get folks in these volunteer fire departments and small churches online and they have been just phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Well, I got ninety seconds tampaks like it's about to get destroyed. I'm not exaggerating. This looks this looks like worst case scenario. We're already not having the money there. Tell them explain to me in a minute, what you guys are doing so that when we have two massive disaster areas, we're able to still continue to help folks.
Speaker 8: Kathy, we should never ask government to do things that it's not constitutionally designed to do, because when there is a need, whether that is a real war or whether that is a you know, trying to war against the natural elements like a hurricane or two hurricanes or three, that's when we need it to be ready. And if you ask, if you have all these misplaced priorities, then when it comes time to help, Like we said earlier, flat government's called flat footed because it's been doing the wrong things for too long and too expensive. So get let's get refocused on what government should be doing so when it's time, it's there to help people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't know why, but the Florida governor seems to have his you know what together versus our own. But I won't drag you into that. I will let you go, appreciated Senator, and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 8: Okay, thanks so much, Katy. We're praying for the people of Florida, even though we've got our own challenges here.
Speaker 3: In the state.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, there you go. Senator Ted Budd joining us here on the Cacoday radio program. Hang on, if you're driving, maybe want to pull over. I don't want I don't want to cause and I don't want you to like fall and hit your head when you when you pass out from this information or veer off the road into a center divider. Ross, You're you're you're seated. Just want to make sure you can't lose our executive producer here, all right, So Ross's Ross is ready as well. Apparently you remember when we went, we decided we were gonna get Britney Griner, the w n B A player back, so we like we we did a trade, which she owned sports. That's the thing that happens, right, do trades, and uh we traded the merchant of death for her. You guys remember you remember that? All right, that's not the shocking, but that should be the shocking part, right, trading the merchant of death a Russian arms dealer. Bad dude Victor bout Is is his name for a w n B A player with a pen. Even though I under look, I understand what Russia's Russia was doing there, which is a good reason not to go to Russia. Do you remember, remember the guy on the tarmac, the other dude they got out of Russia? What was it, the Wall Street journal guy, right, and they were they literally stuck a microphone in his face and he gets off and like, well what did you learn? He's like, I'm never going to Russia again. Yeah, that's probably a good thought. So anyway, here's the part where I wanted to I wanted to get you ready. It appears that Russian armsteeler Victor Bout, also known as the Merchant of Death, might be selling weapons to the hoodie rebels so that they can shoot him at the US Navy and by night, I mean he is unapologetically, in fact allegedly broker at a ten million dollar deal to supply the Umeni based terror group with automatic weapons AK forty seven's as well as shoulder shoulder fired rockets, which again they're using there on the Southern Arabian Peninsula to fire repeatedly at US. Not just US, but a lot of military vessels. So we let the guy out and he's arming this rebel group, which is one part of the apparatus that is the Iranian proxy war on the US and Israel. Who could have seen this coming that the Merchant of Death Victor Bout would deal weapons to terrorists who are trying to murder Americans in Israeli and basically anyone who doesn't closely align with their version of Islam, which is really how they got their start. It was more about internal warring, which was then utilized by Iran to essentially set them up on a shooting range that is the entrance to the Red Sea there and just fire weapons and nondiscriminately at any military vessel they see from the US. Now, to be fair, I do have to balance this as we try to be fair. Ross will you look something up for me? Do you have a moment?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Can you look up the amount of arms that Britney Griner has sold to the Hootie rebels so that they could attempt to kill US military members? Since since her release, I don't need this stuff. Release No, yeah, post post release from Russia. Whatever happened before then happened.
Speaker 7: It looks like uh none, oh norms oh okay, So probably hesbelah right, She's probably selling because he's you know, he They've got a contract with the Merchant of Death and with the Houthis So probably Hes belahs were grinders peddling her wares.
Speaker 1: Do we uh have anything?
Speaker 2: What is with that? You know what?
Speaker 1: This reminds you of? This reminds me of when we cut those five dudes LUs at Guantanmo for uh for oh god, what if I can't remember his bergdal right, and then like we ca or we killed two of them on the battlefield almost immediately because they're like, oh, I'm back here, I'm gonna get back to terrorizing. Like it's like, who could have who could have seen? So this dude, there is a likelihood that this guy's weapons that he sold to them and I would buy him somewhere else was literally a rebuttal I saw in this yesterday. Yeah, but they wouldn't buy because it's one last dude to buy from. There is a distinct possibility that one of these weapons could harm or even kill a military service member if the only reason it might not is because they're so bad at it, and you think sitting down there and doing this for a long time, you'd get reasonably better at it. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So yeah, yeah, you got you got him out of jail, and now the very same weapons may murder us right, and it's wild to me. Who could have seen it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean, like what were they expecting to happen? Because you're going to B and B Like he's gonna go to like the inner city and like teach you put a due rag on and he's gonna like teaching her city. Like he's in dangerous minds or something.
Speaker 1: He's already nine versions of that movie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I don't understand it because like ninety nine percent of people hearing this information are like, oh really, nope, what wrong with Wait? Where do you go?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: No, oh I moved it? This is what I give her moving stuff on the button bar, Like everybody knows this is gonna happen. Ninety nine percent of people are like, yeah, of course he's gonna go back and sell weapons. What's his nickname? The merchant or the Angel of death?
Speaker 1: What are you the Merchant of death?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a there's a commerce who could have seen it?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Who could have? Who could have? Who could have? Dude? When you earn a nick because like he didn't name himself merchant of death. If somebody started calling you merchant of how would you feel about you?
Speaker 7: Hope not anyway.
Speaker 1: Right, but if they're like, oh, that's ross merchant of death haze right, wait, how would you feel about that?
Speaker 7: I probably asking the wrong pretty badass, but.
Speaker 1: You don't actually sell weapons to terrorist organizations.
Speaker 7: Keep to myself, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah. It's like it's in the name. It's inherently in the name. He's the merchant of death. Oh man. And like, so think of some of the most badass nicknames in history, right, they didn't get them there because they you know, they're they're good dudes, right, Uh of Ladd the Paler, what do you think that was about? Do you think he liked ssh kabobs?
Speaker 7: I mean he likes those little sweedish meat balls.
Speaker 1: Oh those are good though. Are you talking to the ones at ikea?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean those are words?
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Like he didn't get those because you can get those for me. Paulse Okay, he got he was sticking meat on a pole. That is that is absolutely the case. But uh yeah yeah no, uh well I'm just looking at some I'm looking at all these nicknames I can't like in history, and they're all like the connotations are hey, hold on this there's the list I was looking for. I was actually looking this stuff up. Yeah, the Scourge of Carpathia. These are the other nicknames that they had for Vladdie and Paler, The Scourge of Carpathia, the Unholy, the despised. Right, you're not naming yourself that unless you're like a pro wrestler and it's your it's your your act. Okay.
Speaker 7: It's literally the trade meme that you see online where the guy sitting there and he's like, you know, I offer you this, and you will give me this. You will give me you know what is it? The the Unholy and I will give you.
Speaker 1: Brittany Grimer, uh Slowan Doom Melosavish's the butcher sure of Bosnia. Okay, I'm just trying to think of some other ones. Doctor death. What's his bucket from Michigan?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: These are these all have Jack the Ripper right right.
Speaker 7: There's no coming back from that, like you're not going to turn your life around.
Speaker 1: No, No, you lean into it. And he leaned into it by going, hey, let me broke her a ten million dollar arms deal to the rebels. They keep shooting at the US Navy even though they just let me out of their prison for w NBA player who, by the way, her job was to come back and just be awful to Caitlin Clark like the rest of them. By the way, what's the other chick's name, the one that Kaylin Wood has the blood feud with, That is Angel Reese? Did you hear Angel? This was last week? So Angel Reese was was bemoaning the fact that people see her as a villain because sports don't have villains only her?
Speaker 2: What what.
Speaker 1: Are you have you sportsed before? Like you don't think that there's villains in sports now? Sometimes the villains are based on who you root for, right, But like there's lots of villains in sport. Do you watch hockey? Uh and just talk about enforcers man? That's a thing. So like the whole thing's absurd. But what's not absurd is he's now in a position to facilitate putting in the hands of absolute lunatics and when they're not you know, hooking up with their goat or sitting there on the shoreline slinging weapons at US Navy destroyers. And it was all so predictable. So there's a there's a lot in the Uh, there's a lot in the nicknames, in the nicknames, So all right, let's let's go ahead and grab ray thunder snow Stagic here. So he's with us. Who could have predicted the Merchant of Death that we traded that w NBA player for would be selling weapons to the hotel tables?
Speaker 9: I mean, who who would have thunked that would have happened?
Speaker 1: Dude? I was just I gotta pivot this quick. But I was just We're just chatting with one of our senator, Senator Ted Budd, and I asked the question at the end, and this, I think it's become a much bigger question if what happens to Tampa in Florida, for that matter, is what it looks like might happen coupled with what had you know, we're dealing with in North Carolina. And they're already having struggle. They need to get their crap together asap because this thing's coming. Man, And yesterday, in twenty four hours, this thing got a whole lot worse, at least from a predictive standpoint. So let's let's get into this.
Speaker 9: Yeah it did.
Speaker 10: I mean, listen, We're we focus on Tampa because it's easy, right, because it's the most vulnerable, maybe the most vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Braydenton just south is kind of where they're thinking, this thing comes on shore.
Speaker 9: You can you can tell me, but yeah, no, give or take.
Speaker 10: So they're really it's right and near just west of rain Inton, just to the east of Holmes Beach fen So it's kind of the south end of Tampa Bay where goes out into the Gulf of Mexico. But still the surge values, I'm still they're going ten to fifteen feet, which would double the record breaking surge from Helene. So you know, coming in as a major whether it's Tampa Bay is somewhere else, I mean, Tampa's just the most vulnerable the surge.
Speaker 9: You know, somebody.
Speaker 10: Is going to be in for bad things, including the wind, which could gust one ten plus trees down. You can have inland flooding with six to ten inches of rain. Yesterday broke some records fourth major hurricane of twenty twenty four peak winspeed one eighty and boy, when it started looking like it did yesterday with that pinhole eye, I think everybody said like, nope, I'm gonna take the zero. I'm getting out, And that's when you started seeing people because it's likely not going to get that strong again. It's forecasts to go back to one sixty briefly, so Cat five but weakening and the fifth lowest sure with that one und eighty mile prower winds of all time. So you know, some records not the strongest we've had in the Atlantic basin. But still, if it's not Tampa Bay case, it's going to be somebody luckily here go ahead, especially.
Speaker 1: Before you pivot, before you pivot. I saw this story yesterday and I didn't know this was a thing. Explain this thing to me. I saw a story. I'm assuming it's legit that a bunch of birds are trapped in the eye. Is that a thing that happens.
Speaker 9: I've never I don't know.
Speaker 1: From the Tampa newspaper they were selling that. What the how does how does that even work? Right? Well, it's off probably an issue.
Speaker 9: Right, Yes, I guess.
Speaker 10: It's like you're stuck at the top and you're spinning around so fast from the force, you just you can't get out of it.
Speaker 9: I can. I can see that.
Speaker 1: I hate me some seagulls, but damn dude, yeah.
Speaker 9: He's don't watch out anybody.
Speaker 1: I never seen that story ever a version of that. All right, So let's talk about closer to home here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean really not a lot of change. No rain for the foreseeable future. That could be the next two weeks. Actually low mid seventies today, tomorrow, maybe near eighty again by the weekend Friday. You may dip a little bit, but pleasant weather expected. Nighttime lows in the upper forties lo to mid fifties through the period out for the Carolina beach especially South Carolina and the Georgia beaches. They did put up some alerts for surge and also some tropical storm watches as we watch Milton get back out over the open waters of Atlantic toward Thursday, maybe close enough to kick up some surfing, maybe some tropical storm conditions. I didn't see much except for some high surfing beach erosion for the Carolina beaches. But I mean they would have to take a pretty big swing to get into that rainfall inland, and I don't think any further than the coast for any chance of any rain at least at this time.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well we'll wait and see, and I guess worry about those birds, all right, Thanks man, appreciate it, all right, see it a bit, Yeah, Roz, I didn't put that in the stack, but I was reading that. I'm like that. Can you imagine you're you're you're some pain in the ass seagull and you're just you're like, oh, this is nice, this is fine in here. But every time you try to move twenty miles one way or the other, it's just the end of the world. Yeah, that sounds like bad news for birds Man. All right, seven forty nine, hang on to play some more audio. We just got a few minutes here, and then we're gonna chat with And I don't if you're on Twitter and you interact a lot of the accounts that we do, you probably know are Cassie Clark, who's she's basically a social media personality about things having to do with North Carolina. It's not it's not a political thing. So I wanted her perspective because I saw she was tweeting about her travels up through the mountains and uh, and again, I want to hear from people that have eyeballs on this stuff. I don't want to be told by some administrator in Washington what I'm supposed to think. I'll do that for myself. Thank you. So we'll chat with her coming up here in just a just a few minutes. All right, So sixty minutes last night Kamala Harris on there and she actually again is she there wasn't trickery. They weren't screaming at her some of the stuff you've seen with Trump interviews. They were lightly pushing back on things, and she was absolutely disintegrating, absolutely disintegrating. Let me just give you one more example here. Oh, here we go. This is a good one. Check this out, and note that you have to watch the video so you can see the fear slash uh not understanding what's happening in her eyes. It's truly amazing. Well, hold on, there we go.
Speaker 5: My plan is about saying that when you invest in small businesses, you invest in the middle class, and you strengthen America's economy. Small businesses are part of the backbone of America's economy.
Speaker 3: But pardon me that, Vice President, the question was, how are you going to pay for it?
Speaker 5: Well, one of the things, so I'm going to make sure that the richest among us who can afford it, pay their fair share in taxes.
Speaker 6: It is not right that teachers and.
Speaker 5: Nurses and firefighters are paying a higher tax rate than billionaires and the biggest corporation.
Speaker 6: And I plan on making that fair.
Speaker 3: But we're dealing with the real world here. But the real world includes how are you going to get this through Congress?
Speaker 5: You know, when you talk quietly with a lot of folks in Congress, they know exactly what I'm talking about because their constituents know exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Their constituents are those firefighters and teachers and nurses.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a busy show. We don't mind that. What's this kind of cruise control things? Thank you to Senator Ted Budd for joining us so one hour ago. Thank you to Kamala Harris for sitting down for that sixty minutes interview. But let's go ahead and get away from a little way. Politics is always going to be a part of this, But what I wanted is I want to a perspective from somebody who really doesn't do politics per se, but has a deep knowledge of western North Carolina and also the context to really sit down and talk to people and talk to them not just on a you know, the first person basis where you're meeting them, but where they trust you enough to really tell you how they really feel. And I noticed one of the Twitter accounts that I follow her I see from time to time. Normally she's out harboring blood feuds with Florida barbecue joints. But Dogwood Blooms is the handle. Her name is Cassie Clark, and she just toured the mountains up there talking to folks who wanted to welcome her on. Cassie, how you doing this morning?
Speaker 11: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: Is that an inaccurate description on the blood feuds thing, though, because frankly, I think that's the first stuff I saw from you with the barbecue joints. So angry over barbecue in Florida versus North Carolina. People are nuts and they do.
Speaker 2: And I am. People call me the Queen of North Carolina as a little joke, and I am one hundred percent all in on supporting my state and our culture, and so yeah, I tend to make people.
Speaker 1: Mad, right and just be fair. That's that's normally what you're covering, just all things North Carolina. Give me some background real quick. I can't remember if you're from Wilmington and then live in the mountains or lived in the mountains and then moved to Wilmington. But what's your story just so folks know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my mama is from Wilmington and she has very deep roots there, and then my daddy was from western North Carolina and I have very deep roots in Canton, and so my childhood was spent equally between the two places. And so I'm this weird mix of he'll billy beach.
Speaker 1: Bump, right, But every one of the Piedmonts say, why do you hate us? So that's fine, that's fine, that's okay. So let's talk about Canton. We'll get to Wilmington should the need arise here in the future. And you know, there's so much politics, there's a lot lot of people who are very upset. There's wild stuff floating around, and I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it. Whether I'm talking to the senator, I'm talking to you, or we're taking calls from folks. So in your in your experience, and you can explain, because you went to a few different towns, right, what did you see going on when you were up there?
Speaker 2: So I always ask people not to pliticize me, because I don't do politics, and always warn them you don't want me to get into politics because I am part Hillbilly, and so we naturally distrust the government. We just do. We don't like outsiders, and that's just how it is. And so when I went home, I saw a lot of volunteers. I did not see FEMA personally. I didn't see them. I'm not saying they weren't there. I'm saying that in the areas that I went into, they were nowhere.
Speaker 3: To be found.
Speaker 1: And so, just just so folks know, while we're explaining this, what communities did you visit?
Speaker 11: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: So I went home to Canton. That was our first drop offs was in Canton. We went to lease us Sure, we went to Sandy Mush, we went to Crabtree. A lot of y'all aren't going to know these places. They're very tidy. And then we went back to Canton and all of those places I made sure to ask, have you guys seen FEMA? What's going on? And all of them said no. We've been getting supplies in from civilians. People are dropping stuff off at churches. We're making sure those get delivered. No word of FEMA whatsoever. Last Thursday, by the way.
Speaker 1: For those because we got a lot of transplants to North Carolina. I'm sure you're aware. For those of you wondering, Canton sits between Waynesville and Nashville, that's right. Yeah, did you go to the did you go to the casino? Go see what was up over at the Haras there in Cherokee. I'm just really cold.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 1: What's going on there?
Speaker 11: I did not.
Speaker 2: I have a trip planned again in two weeks. I'm hoping to get some more information, to sit down and actually talk and hopefully interview some people from what to my understanding, FEMA is being cows in here is right now, and for me, that is extremely insulting. You know, there are people who don't have homes western North Carolina. There's a lot of elderly people up there. You know, where are they being you mean.
Speaker 11: They're what at you know?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And elderly people love casinos. I would point that out as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know so much about in western North Carolina, but I mean, you know, where are they at right now? You know, I'm sure they're not in you know, a hotel room. And so to hear that FEMA is up there, one of the nicest hotels in the entire region, and there are people suffering everywhere. That just seems like an injustice to me.
Speaker 1: One of the things, and I'm sure that there's plenty of people listening, whether it's a hurricane, of fire, or some other natural disaster. One of the things that really is jarring is when something strikes where you're from, or where you were from, or wherever, where you have a base working knowledge and your visual part of your brain as to what the topography is supposed to look like, and all of a sudden, it doesn't look like that. I'm from Wyoming, and right now my brother and his wife who still live out there, are trying to decide what they're going to do because of a giant fire that has come down, and they were sending me pictures of areas that I know outside of Dayton, Wyoming, and they don't look like they used to. So when you're going back to Canton, you know where, you know where stuck, you know where the swimming hole is, you know where you used to go hang out with friends, where you used to go get ice cream. So now you lay eyes on that, how different did it look to you?
Speaker 2: Downtown to me looked like a set from an old Western movie covered in dust roped off. You couldn't get in, the roads were down. I mean, it was it was jarring, It was heartbreaking. I was somebody sent me photos from Friday when the flooding first began and all of downtown was underwater. I mean, it was just hard wrenching to see it. And when you went up through Crabtree, you know, it looked like bomb went off in the middle of the creeks in where were was sandy Mush. It was like, Sandy Mush is a very difficult Yeah, it's a very difficult road.
Speaker 8: To begin with.
Speaker 2: Every two hundred feet the road was washed out, so you're working on one lane and a very steep area. There was still no power. I mean, it was just it was heartbreaking. And knowing that the majority of the help coming in were people like me that made it worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, here's something too that I don't think it has It has occurred to some people, but as a person who also grew up in the mountains, most mountain roads follow bodies of water. That's just the way that it was. It was these I shouldn't say most, but a lot of them do, especially a lot of the main ones. And when you go through rural North Carolina, like there's a place I like to go up in Asheville. I think every ounce of road is next to a river or a crikup then those are so they're the body of those bodies of water is so much wider than it was. I don't know they're going to be able to build roads inside those canyons and gullies is the same way we used to. I mean this, it may never look the same.
Speaker 2: I hate to say that. Hillbillies are pretty determined, and I feel like what can be fixed, they will most certainly fix it. And you know, I live through Ivan in two thousand and four and that completely destroyed the area, like the specific area where I'm from, and they came back from that, and so I have all hopes that they're gonna rebuild everywhere else.
Speaker 1: When you talk to people, we were chatting with the senator, you know, people have different mindsets when it comes to FEMA and outside help. And I pointed out one of the factors there, and you mentioned it is it's the type of people you're dealing with. And you know, frankly, same people I grew up with they would just assume not see federal help. And I'm not encouraging that, but I'm wondering how pervasive that attitude is where they're just like, fine, we'll do this ourselves.
Speaker 2: I think that's very pervasive in western North Carolina. I mean, we've kind of you know, I grew up on stories of you know, family lands being stolen by the government to create the Great Smokies. I grew up on tales of you know, the road to nowhere and the broken government promise behind that. I mean that directly impacted my family. I have deep roots in Swain County, and so I feel like people still feel that way up there. And I don't make any judgment on that either way. I mean that's you know, that's just the way it is. I would like to see them get more support. I would like, but of course we're in a place where, I mean, I've come to the point after all of this where I don't trust any government. I've never felt this way where I just like, literally have no faith whatsoever, and so I can understand how they feel.
Speaker 1: It's funny you mentioned the smoking about it literally happened to us with the National Forest. Yeah, that's the whole thing, and it will, it will impact generations of thinking. And this isn't this isn't helping. You've lived in North Carolina all your life. I'm not going to ask you how old you are, Cassie, But in those years, have you ever seen devastation like this in North Carolina on this scale?
Speaker 2: No, not on the scale. We're talking about at least twenty counties that experience severe flooding of some sort, and so that's one fifth of our state. And you know, when this happens in Wilmington, and of course I have fruits in Wilmington too. You know, the devastation that you see is never as bad as what I'm seeing back home. And the reason for that is is because people live in these little hollers.
Speaker 11: You know, a lot of.
Speaker 2: People live in very rural areas. And it seems like Aspell and Boone are getting all the attention. Well what about all these other people who live out in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't just agree with you, and to you know, to really put an emphasis on that. Remember, we're talking about eight hundred mile wide story. Let me give two facts to people. Eight hundred mile wide and we had storm desks confirmed storm desk from Mecklenburg to Ash County. If you all want to get a map out, that's the entire north south of the state and a little east west. That's an amazing footprint. So admittedly, I think people understand that this is not a typical hurricane operation where we're dealing with Wilmington maybe up to Newbern because it flooded up there. This is something that makes that is already pretty inaccessible in and of itself, that has made much more inaccessible by what happened.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and then you also have to consider, you know, this is going to impact you know, economy in western North Carolina horribly because right now is leaf season. This is when everybody goes up there to tour and look at the beautiful weaves and so everything being closed down right now this is going to be another huge hit. It's also really cold up there, and right now is the time when the tempts start dropping. So, I mean, there's all of these concerns going on, and the disorganization and getting things moving that's a problem. And you know, everybody else is worried about, you know, politics, I don't I don't care about politics, you know, And I've always begged everybody not to put me in the middle of it, because, like I said, I'm going to call out anybody who I think is doing wrong. So just leave me alone because no one's gonna like me. But yeah, I mean there's all of these things and all the rumors and all the bus it's just taking attention away from where that attention needs to be placed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was we got into this yesterday. With the economics of it. You left something out. People go look at leaves and then they drive ungodly slow for no reason, but you kind of understand why they're doing it. That's something a lot of community. Sorry, I just probably struck a nerve there, that is. But that's something that a lot of communities are going to miss out. On the Blue Rich Parkway, they're estimating late December for a lot of areas. I like to go to Price Julian Price could go camping there in the fall, and that doesn't look like that's going to be accessible. So even though you can drive around and look at leaves, you also have to have trees with leaves on them. So this is this is gonna be a big deal.
Speaker 11: Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: And that was one of the concerns in my hometown. Mayor and I do have to give major props to Canton. You know, they were doing really good. The like organization back home was wonderful, you know, from what I saw the churches, everybody was working together. They were quickly getting back on their feet. I wasn't seeing that everywhere.
Speaker 1: Well that's that is good. What would you say, is the hardest hip place that you visited? Was it Canton?
Speaker 2: I think it was probably Cude So Cuide is a very small town between Canton and Wainefull. It's basically just one little strip. There was no power on when we went up there. It looked like everything was still completely shut down. And from what I heard, the main off of the main strip when you get closer to the river, which is only i would say one or two streets away, that there was major devastation back there. We didn't go back there because we were on a you know, on schedule. We were trying to drop things off, so I didn't really get to look. I also heard that Bezel and Crusoe were hit really hard, which are also in Heywood County. Unfortunately I didn't get to see those, but I will try to get back in two weeks whenever I go back home.
Speaker 1: All right, So if somebody's wanting to head out earlier, they want to bring supplies, what is it people aren't thinking to bring that. Frankly, the folks up there would appreciate.
Speaker 2: What do you think right now? I would probably say propane is a big one. Something else that I've heard no one mentioned which drives me crazy is a lot of homes in western North Carolina are still heated by wood, which those are very popular up there, particularly, Yeah, in Heywood County, we have all these trees that are down. You know, I would hope that all of that wood would be cut up and go to homes for free heat. That would just make sense. You know, lighters, batteries, work gloves, chainsaw blades, you know, things like that are desperately needed right now. I think we've still got good amount of food and water coming in that, you know. I worry that volunteer and donation efforts are going to dry up long before they're in a stable place again.
Speaker 1: Well, if what happens down in Florida that is projected to happen to the city of Tampa, I my concern is that not that not that we can't handle two things at once, but some people just have an inability to do it. And it's very easy for the media to start focusing all their attention there because it is the active storm, but that could be devastating for North Carolina's recovery efforts. I got about thirty seconds if you want to respond.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and that I brought this up weeks ago is that you know, the next big thing will take all eyes off western North Carolina, and I'm going to try not to allow that to happen.
Speaker 1: If folks want to follow you on Twitter, it's at Dogwood Blooms, which in and of itself is a North Carolina reference and it's an interesting follow.
Speaker 3: I'll say that, Cassie, well, thank you, Casey. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And there will be when everything's better, there will be more barbecue blood feuds and they're fun to watch. But until then, Cassie, I appreciate it very much. Okay, thank you for having me on yep. So there you go. Like I said, we want first person, We got first person. That's what we're here for, and we'll be back with lots more coming up here on the CaCO Day Radio program. Like so, we don't normally do a couple guests there, but hopefully we got something out of that. I think we did. I got content, so yeah, for me, Yeah, There's there's so much going on though that it isn't hurricane related, and I just I want to kind of lean into some of that stuff first and foremost. If you haven't watched the Kamala Harris sixty minutes interview that aired yesterday, I am only and this is just a theory. I don't know if I'm correct. I wonder if they're looking at the numbers and they have made the decision like they made after the Biden debate, if you want to call it that beatdown, that we have to run cover for ourselves, right and in the sense that once Biden appeared like he appeared in that debate, all of these media outlets, even though you knew it and I knew it, We and most smart people, I think know it, some choose to dismiss it. But like they they were the Emperor with no clothes man, and they realized that it's so blatant that no reasonable person thinks that anyone who had any interaction with Biden during this period, including lawmakers, including members of the media staffers could in any way, shape or form make a coherent argument that this dude isn't diminished and that there was a problem. And then they didn't even fully correct it. But whatever, it led to this. But the media had to scramble because they were indicted as well, and you saw the visual ross. Do you remember how vicious the media immediately turned on Biden and the Democrats for at least just a few days anyway, until they figured out the Kamalist stuff. Like it was absolute night and day when you were putting prep together, was it not completely Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was like finally, for the first time in years, it was like, there we have some honesty here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they but understand that wasn't some moral compass thing that drove them to do completely politically motivated the cya and politically motivated one hundred percent. I wonder if that might be going on with Kamala and Walls. You had the SNL skits right, which weren't even that damaging in the grand scheme of things, but it was. But when you've spent years of them not parroting Biden really and not parroting Kamala really, but also considering even after he's out of office, with their opening, that opening segment that they do the opening skit uh, I can't remember. Somebody said it was like a dozen of them were Trump, which were and they were just mean Trump ones. But he's got it. Trump is a dude. You can absolutely parody. It's not difficult. And I even told you some of this stuff fun I think CHEETOHLINI is hilarious because I'm too. I under I understand it's how people use it. But I think that's funny. I think that's clever. That's just that's the immature me. But this wasn't that. This was really vicious stuff. And so for for that treatment to then start going over in that direction for the interviewer there on sixty minutes, and remember sixty minutes is as bad as the rest of them. They constantly have been, and they themselves have attempted to, in my in my opinion and probably a lot of other people, libel and slander Trump on some things. Remember Ross reminded me of this earlier. Remember, following that one sixty minutes interview, Donald Trump released the entire interview and not their edited version. Remember they scream bloody murder over it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was the one with the Leslie Stall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they scream bloody murder over it. And he's just like, no, you've missed. You've so misrepresented what I said to you. Here's what was actually said. And if you watched it, you realized how twisted the whole thing was. So these are these aren't they? She didn't just accidentally fall in with some honest arbiter. So the question becomes, why did they continue to press her, and not even that aggressively so that she folded like a cheap accordion is the saying goes.
Speaker 7: I mean, because that's what happened, you can understand what happened with Walls and Fox News this past weekend because yes, Fox News and he looked completely unprepared, but this was CBS. I don't think she was expecting this at all.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think she thought she was good. And they did it to Walls too. We're just not highlight because we like the the Kamalist stuff. There's just so much of it, and and you have that, but you also couple that with and this is this is where the conspiracy starts to build. Biden's been outneecapping her did you see what happened with Ron DeSantis? All right, so ABC or CBA, one of the one of the c's UH decided, well, I guess CBS starts with the sea, but you get it. They decided that they were going to run this garbage story yesterday that Ron DeSantis UH wouldn't take a call from UH from Kamala right. Still the vice president still has the female apparatus. What what why why would he ignore her call? She's just trying to help and they and they just took they just took their word for it. So Ron DeSantis had a presser where he's trying to convince people to get out of Tampa.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 1: Not quite as aggressive as the mayor of Tampa, who said, what was it? If you stay, you die? So you know that's and she she may not be wrong. And in fact, some people I know from Tampa I got in contact with yesterday who normally stay there, they left and I was blown away by one of them who left. I'm not going to name names because like that dude enjoys a hurricane. I think they're out of there. So DeSantis is trying to lay out what's going on, and did you they already have the Tropicana, which is the Devil Rays Stadium, which is which frankly is so far south in the Tampa metro it might be where it makes landfall, or well that that part of the coast is as you work inland and it is. The whole stadium is bunks for military and National guardsmen who are already there, read to go, waiting to do their thing.
Speaker 2: So he was.
Speaker 1: He demonstrated a level of organization that I wish we would have seen. That being said, they just had to get into this whole Oh well yeah, they DeSantis, Yeah, this is Kamala.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We tried to call him and he wouldn't even take her call because he's playing politics with the storm. All right, well here's DeSantis form the press comm.
Speaker 12: My focus has not been on dealing with with Kamala Harris. I saw the news report. I didn't know she tried to contact me. But I'd also say, it's not about you, Kamala, It's about the people of Florida. My focus is exactly where it should be.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you this.
Speaker 12: I've worked on these hurricanes under both President Trump and President Biden. Neither of them ever tried to politicize it. She has never called on any of the storms we've had since she's been vice president until apparently now, Why all of a sudden is she trying to parachute in and inject herself when she's never shown any interest in the past. We know it's because of politics. We know it's because of her campaign. I have zero time to entertain these political games.
Speaker 1: And when I'm watching stuff like that. Oh so let me but let me give you the kneecap part of this. So he holds the stories out there, he holds that press conference, makes that statement. The majority of it was not about this, obviously, was about other stuff. But you know, of course they hit him with the question, and what does Joe Biden do? Not that Joe Biden probably did, What does the White House do? They post flipping photos of him and DeSantis on the phone together and not in the creepy Kamala Ashville thing where it's live. It's just photos of Biden sitting there. He's got I don't you know, He's got a couple of people in the room. He's got schematics, you know, just he's got this stuff you would look like you have when you're having this conversation and I don't know what the substance of it was, but to post that is to undermine this claim, this hail Mary claim that she's making. And remember this is just days after the dude who has not done the where he's just wandered into the press briefing room in years, right.
Speaker 7: He didn't do a press conference for three years, but he stumbles in and just rolls in and he's like, oh, by the way, while I'm.
Speaker 1: Here, Yeah, well I'm here, And immediately CNN is in the process of cutting to Kamala's rally where she's going to one hundred percent control of the narrative. They're in the process of making the throw because it was the White House press briefing, so they were airing that, and then they were gonna get away from that go to the Kamala Harris thing and they stay and they couldn't. They had to stick around. So this coverage, this free media she was going to get didn't arrive because he randomly at that moment did it. And then also really undermines this whole thing with the photo that Biden the White House posted under the Potus account. How am I not supposed to think something's up now. I don't don't get if you if you're if you're if you're you know, on team Trump, you know, don't. I wouldn't sit on your haunches on this. But if you're on team Kamala, you have to you have to keep in mind that it sounds like some people are backstabby.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: I know that sounds petty, but what else am I supposed to think?
Speaker 7: Dude? When he steps out and he's like, hey, I just want to say while I'm here, Yeah, you know that we sing from the same songbook, and you know all of her great idea, all of my policies were her policies, and yeah, what else you dude?
Speaker 1: Mocked Nixon tapes right where he's just like, I want to lower gas prices.
Speaker 7: And she's like, noison by three bucks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh how did those lead? Crazy? Yeah? I mean that's maybe that's how it gets worse. I don't know, but I'm I'm watching all this stuff, and I'm watching all the people in the media and around and the world, the politics, and you know there's gonna be there's a cut bait moment. If it comes to that. It may not she could win right, but there people identify that cut bait moment and they're out of there. What do you think happened to Mark Robinson? They identified the cut bait moment and they were out of there. So it's a thing, all right, raced Agic, He's he's doing his thing weatherwise. Boy, they did a big old piece on our buddy Mark over there in Asheville.
Speaker 9: The Yeah, yeah, I don't know if you saw that.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that was that's a job. It's dude, it's it's I've slept on a on a blow up mattress in the radio station before. It's not fun. I've never done it as long as he was doing it.
Speaker 9: No, I thought a floor, Yeah I did the floor. Did'n have a blow up match? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Not not interesting co workers within like twenty four hours. It's not personal, it's just your.
Speaker 10: All kind of it's just what you are, right, It's just where you are and what you're doing. Especially for the circumstances that they were in, and I know he had sent.
Speaker 1: Home just you all know, his wife and kid couldn't get home because there was a wave of water coming down I forty, so they had to go to Atlanta. So he wouldn't. He didn't even say to his wife and kid for days and he just had to broadcast. It's wild stuff, man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but this is I mean, this is what radio people do, right, and it was a just a great tud and great guy to a great bunch of people.
Speaker 9: I've been up there. It's it's it's really cool. But the same day done.
Speaker 1: You've been up there.
Speaker 9: I've been up there.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 9: Oh well, well I had it in but I'm waiting here.
Speaker 1: I am all right. Maybe when there's a big Cowboys game or something, or maybe when Clemson's at NC State or something.
Speaker 9: Dad, we could do that. Man, I can travel. It was actually was.
Speaker 10: It was the greatest thing in the parking lot. Yeah, yeah, I know it probably won't go all right, I got I.
Speaker 1: Got he once again? This out all right real quick? Florida. Can we talk timeline in Florida this time around? I think people understand the the size of the threat, but yeah, timeline remains a bit elusive.
Speaker 10: Yeah, probably tropical storm force winds arriving sometime tomorrow evening tomorrow night, and then as we go through tomorrow night, hurricane force winds and early the morning hours on Thursday, probably the center crossing the west coast early morning or sometime late Wednesday night. So it depends on where exactly it goes and how much quicker it gets. So the latest track is just south on the south end of Tampa Bay, between Tampa Bay and Sarasota, so there may be some fluctuations in that. So that's the timing on when the worst will be and then across central Florida during the day on Thursday before moving out over on to the western Atlantic as we go through the afternoon evening I was on Thursday, and then it goes away. But you know, a massive storm, not as big in terms of diameter as Colleen was, but still record impacts water indubation records in Tampa Bay on its current forecast track. But either way, we focus on Tampa because it's the easiest and the most vulnerable. But if the track is further south of Tampa Bay, less surge, but still somebody is going to get it and get it good with one hundred and ten mile power wins and all that. So it looks like the worst later tomorrow, tomorronight and early.
Speaker 1: Thirstyeah, and really stagnant for us here ye too. Yeah, it is cop quiet. Yeah, sorry, man, just up against the clock here, but it's my own doing. So we'll talk to you tomorrow the problem and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger.
Speaker 7: Casey.
Speaker 13: Investors were certainly not in a buying mood yesterday. Monday's losses for the major averages range from nine ten percent to one point two percent. But right now the futures are pointing a bit higher now futures or up fifty seven points. PepsiCo shares losing ground pre market. The soft drink and stack food maker posted slightly better than expected per share earnings for the third quarter, but revenue fell short. PepsiCo lowered its growth forecast for the year. Overall, consumer borrowing grew much more slowly in August than it did in July. The Federal Reserve says that was new to the biggest declining in credit card balances in nearly three and a half years. Small business owner's views on the economy have not changed very much over the last month, and optimism index from the National Federation of Independent Business ticked up three tenths of a point last month from its August level. The uncertainty component hit a record high in September, firms dialed back their capital spending plans, indicating operators are putting some things on hold until after the presidential election. Another milestone for Taylor's Swift Variety says she is now the world's richest female musician, worth an estimated one point six billion dollars and Casey. Takeout is popular, but a majority of consumers prefer to have their restaurant meals in the restaurant, according to a new survey of diners by US Foods. Among the other findings, the average amount spent at restaurants each month is up to one hundred ninety one dollars. Women now spend more than men at restaurants. That was the other way around last year. Casual dining is the most popular choice one dining out, and most diners dislike QR code menus Casey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, screw those things. Are you You're not as swiftye are you? Jeff?
Speaker 9: I am not?
Speaker 13: Oh all right, just one, I'm just I'm not in her target audience.
Speaker 1: No, but who is really? All right, thank you, sir, appreci Okay, all right, there you go. Jeff Ellinger Bloomberg News, did you say, did you see the photo of Bill Belichick with his twenty something year old girlfriend wearing a Taylor Swift sweatshirt that was she posts on Insta. Yeah women can just nude men, can't they absolutely? No, no, no no. I mean good on you ladies. Man, you got that figured out. I guess all right, real quick, Uh, we'll try to be tight here, Steve, what's up real quick?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? I got about forty five seconds for you and forty five for Laura, So get right.
Speaker 11: To it, sir, okay man always up in the out park in the mountains this weekend. And then from what I'm here, they made there's long eat target and stuff for the winner, survivor gear access just this small stuff gloves, ten warmers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, the.
Speaker 11: Survival stuff as well. They may they don't ask for nothing, and they're so gracious, they're such great people.
Speaker 1: Go to Costco had like a billion handwarmers in a box you could buy. Last I was there so and I saw that hus Varna actually made a huge donation on chains somebody since So that's awesome. Good to see companies stepping up. But yeah, that's it, and thanks for the colt. That's what people don't think about those little things. I mean, food and water is not not a it is a big deal, but it's a lot of little things that people start wanting