Speaker 1: Welcome to the Queek Hands regular podcast. Tonight, we kick it off with something a little different. Attribute to the Light Great One, Ning Lee, the Immortal OK.
Speaker 2: I am a.
Speaker 3: Real Americandion fight for the right song every man. I am a real Americandion.
Speaker 4: Fight for what's right, fight for.
Speaker 5: Your life when it comes crashing down and it hurts inside, you gotta take.
Speaker 6: A stand and don't have to hide.
Speaker 7: I just love the business. There's nothing else like it. It's just magic. That's the most exhilarating experience you'll ever have.
Speaker 3: I am a Realmericion, fight for the right of every man. I am a real American, fight for what train.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be fighting for all my hawk media asks, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: A media runs lying on you. Hulk Kogan defines sports entertainment. Ho Cogan is sports entertainment well comania run in a wild I feel like one hundred Sugarman. The bronze physique, the twenty four inch pythons, the bandana, the training, saying your prayers, you need your vitamins. It's definitely the right way to live. The power personality persona. He was a box office attraction, a global idon.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Quick Hands Rugby Leay Podcast, Season three, episode nineteen. That's one hundred and ten And as you just heard, we're paying a special tribute tonight to the greatest professional athlete of all time, the Great Hulk Hogan sadly passed away along with Ozzy Osborne last week, which is which is horrible. We lost a couple of legends. But bringing in ten and George welcome, guys.
Speaker 8: Hey, hell what a week and what a week and a week and we've got a special guest start tonight, the other brother in law, Andy Andrew GOLDGENI welcome.
Speaker 4: How are you guys? Pleasure to be here.
Speaker 8: Our listeners would probably remember Andrea because you guys did the soccer pot It's the biggest reigning show we've ever had, so I'm sure there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of job. So we're just going to spend a couple of minutes. We're just going to spend a couple of minutes talking about the whole star paying tribute.
Speaker 4: I got the news.
Speaker 1: I was actually out taking his place on Friday morning when I when I saw the news, a bit of a shock to me. For those who don't know, a huge part of my childhood I think Andrew we met when I was twelve.
Speaker 4: Instant attraction because Nick like wrestling and all instant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, instant and just a massive part of my childhood.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 1: And from the song that you just heard, which is his famous intro song, I want to I want to recite a few lines which which is the soundtrack to my childhood. When you think about it, when it comes crashing down and it hurts inside, you've got to be a man. You don't have to hide. If you hurt my friends, then you hurt my pride. I got to be a man. I can't let it slide. I feel strong about right and wrong, and I don't trouble for very long. I got something deep inside of me. Courage is the thing that keeps us free. That's the soundtrack to my childood. Yeah, that's Hogan's intro song. So he was a hero to me. And there's one funny story I'd like to share from when I was fourteen going on fifteen, when we were in Europe yep. It was nineteen ninety and WrestleMania six and the main event was Whole Hogan versus the Ultimate Warrior title versus title her. Hogan was the world champion. Warrior was the intercontinental champion. You've got to remember in nineteen ninety there's no Internet, there's no we couldn't find out who won. Absolutely, we couldn't find out who won. And in the month of I think it was May of that year or June, we were traveling around Europe for a month.
Speaker 4: It was before the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, May so Andrew, myself and my two sisters, obviously your wife and my other sister were traveling around Europe and there was no way of knowing who won the match. So we went around Europe by train, and every train station had a had a news agency, a newspaper stand. So every city that we arrived in, I'd get off the train and spread to the news stand. No, no, no wrestling magazine, No wrestling magazine.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It happened three or four cities, you know. Then we got to Munich in Germany. I remember that day, and I ran to the newspaper stand and as I got closer, I saw a picture of the Ultimate Warrior holding two ready to almost dropped to my knees, and I think Andy will tell you as well. Both of my sisters. I didn't speak to anyone for about two days.
Speaker 4: Wow, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Speak to anyone for about two days, so I was very upset. Little did I know he lost he dropped the belt because he was going off to shoot a movie.
Speaker 4: We thought it was real, you know, we didn't know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, massive part of my childhood.
Speaker 4: I remember pulling up. I'd go on when I was dating Lawiser, come in the driveway and Nick and all his mates would be there or dressed as Hogan and come out and try and wrestle me and bash me and all that.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: It was. It was great, It was good. It was memories you'll never forget. Yeah, it's one of those things, you know, the first besh hock bish and everyone I used.
Speaker 1: To I used to wrestle my pillow and an old mattress that we had in the back yard. I beat it. But yeah, big thing for me. Yeah, it's I've had two epiphanies. Uh, that was one of them the first time.
Speaker 4: Another thing is too And I used to work as a news agency at five Dog, so she'd get all the wrestling magazines. We'd go over. I'd go to Slaiser, but very just here you go. And then I was more interested in the wrestling magazines. When about.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things you know, and and hearing about his death is one of those things you don't forget. And I was at your place when that happened, so that's uh had a better place to be, so that would be that's with me.
Speaker 8: So when the first time he actually saw the whole on the Moon, Nick had the no, it was Roughie three.
Speaker 4: Really, I saw him before that. I didn't. I saw him because I was when I was in the seventies. He used to have Australian wrestling show, yes, and Andre the Giant came out and wrestled in the Royal Rumble, and it was an Australian wrestler called Larry O Day, Ronnie Miller, Sonny Dalton, a few of the names. I was only a little bit used to watched these guys and I've been all of them. And I remember Andre the Giant won the Royal Rumble and he picked up Ronnie Miller and LARRYO Day on both Farmers and I was in awe of that. I don't know, plenty good and then I started liking wrestling. So then I did a bit of research and they showed on wide world of sports. They showed whole Cogan once. Yeah, but he was he had the atomic bomb, he's his chest hair was I shaved like an at time.
Speaker 1: I only ever missed one school disco in high school, and it was the very first one in year seven to stay home and watch WrestleMania three.
Speaker 4: I nearly got dropped by his sister because I was still to watch. Yeah, next person go out on a date, and I made a pretend I was sick. Yeah, and that was that was. I always got the ships, but I still to watch wrestling.
Speaker 1: And that was the night that he body slams under the Giant. And for those of you who are watching on YouTube, you know I'm not looking at my laptop when I say twenty ninth and March nine eighty seven at the Pontier Silver Dome in Detroit, Michigan, in front of a world indoor record of ninety three one hundred and seventy three people beat the record of beat the record of the Rolling Stones previously set in Memphis.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: So maybe now we should talk forty Yeah, sure, rest in peace Wolk style.
Speaker 4: Just a quick thing. Just don't want to ask short answer. Yeah, what does Holp mean to you, yeah, because I know how passionate you are about you, man. But I've seen him grow up from eleven, and it was always about.
Speaker 1: Hope and belief. Hope and belief. My dad died when I was eleven, so so that things like Hulk, Cogan and Kiss and anything that got me away from reality. I was able to escape what I was going through and jump into something else. And Hogan what what was? What were the three things? He always said? So your prayer, so your prayers, train and need your vitamins, and take Royd's and take roads. He didn't say that, but he just he just made you believe that if, if, if you believe in something, it's only a matter of time before everyone around you will start to believe in it too.
Speaker 4: You got you gotta remember, George. I mean, I've seen a kid, and I could say because I was older, and I've seen a kid that the passion he had for wrestling as a kid, just watching him grow. I've seen Nick grow up for you, and you saw it. You can come a bit later on, but later on I saw him. He was a kid and he and I saw the passion he had in him about this wrestling and this this whole world revolved around wrestling, you know, and I just thought, how good is this? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hagan just represents it's good to shit back and watch it.
Speaker 8: I remember when I first met you, blokes, the three things, soccer, kiss and Hogan. Yeah, I don't know if there was I was a kids but not more. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, but that's I remember. I remember those three things that are dominant in our lives. You feel like a kid now when I think about it.
Speaker 4: But he just.
Speaker 1: He as a kid when you're looking at this larger than life character who we were lucky enough to get to see live ringside. Yeah, it's just it's a massive part.
Speaker 4: I remember Tiam when we went and saw it. Tim Tim's words when he said, mate, you'll never say this again. Sounds like a fifty eight or old men talking about wrestling, But I'm passionate. Was part of my life. And what they're.
Speaker 8: Alluding to is they actually seen the whole Hogan wrestle Rick Flair.
Speaker 4: And was ring Nix good with dates? Yeah so seventeen.
Speaker 8: As and as as their friend as his friend said that they'll never see that again, and they didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very shocking to here that news on Friday morning. But like I said, I couldn't have been in the better spot. So let's move on.
Speaker 8: And just to sum it up, obviously it wasn't a big part of my life because but because I'm in the family, went and I told me, my wife told me, I just got a nott in my throat.
Speaker 4: And the first the first thing I thought, I was up in Brisbane mind and that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: I was getting text message from everyone like like my uncle died something. Yeah, anyway, anyway, let's talk for let's talk for it. Have we got any controversity to.
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 8: What's happening at three sixty Rodby?
Speaker 2: That was really nice, guys. I love hearing stories about things like that.
Speaker 9: That was beautiful and it's also nice, I guess for everyone else to when you bring that nostalgia in from your childhood and stuff, that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I think those heaps of controversy. I think the most controversial thing was Nick bringing his eels luck to suncop Stadium. But yeah, there's a few three sixty I don't know, Hughes perhaps, I think perhaps probably the big one that's going to go to three sixty and they're pretty clever. Hey, getting the people on board now, right, it's not going.
Speaker 1: To fit over their headset, so it'll fit. I'm a man of my word for a couple of minutes. Anyway, what do I look like?
Speaker 2: And I'm sure we'll talk about in the round, but yeah, just issues with wa wasshey?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: And do we talk about the post spray that has had We did a little bit last week. Yeah, it was still carrying on from from the whole of last week. Anyway, nothing too crazy, rest spaniship as usual.
Speaker 8: I think from the spray must have worked beause they want so that he should just keep on splaying them to mm hm.
Speaker 2: Possibly that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do we have anything else? Well, have you got any anything? What's your good thing of the week? Religious? He was always known as the immortal.
Speaker 8: Legacy, his legacy and and and I wasn't sure if you're going to ask me that, but.
Speaker 4: His legacy on forever.
Speaker 8: That was the first thing that came onto my mind when I thought about it. Was just his legacy and he'll be forever the end. The good thing is that generations of the generations will know he.
Speaker 4: Brought a sport that was territorial in America, in everyone's house, you know, all the homes. You made a mainstream. He made a mainstream. You could go on Mount Everest and speak to one of the shirts there, show him a picture of whole cog and that's how hell.
Speaker 8: That's there's not many of them. There's not many of them, but he's definitely one of them. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, my good thing of the week is the whollekslam his legacy. And I'll ask you about who's in Nicholas bin, but I don't know if you got something prepared Nicola.
Speaker 1: Uh well sorry, Tan, I'll apologize in the fact the dumb ship at some Corps days and we had to go on me because my earls jacket.
Speaker 4: What about the ears jacket?
Speaker 1: I was wearing my earls jacket and one guy, one guy walked past and he goes, guys, are yes ship shirt Friday, gome your fucking loser, some random back. I said, I said, come the fuck you will see the loser and he didn't come over.
Speaker 4: So yeah, oh well, it's well.
Speaker 2: It made up for the guy that I almost got into a fight with behind us, who was wearing the eels sing and He's like, Queensland don't get and I was like, pretty sure, you've had five wins at it, like in the last twenty years, mate to jog On. So we both paid it back, but we were very protective of Nick. I actually had a really great time.
Speaker 1: I've got to tell you, and we'll get to the game when we cover it. But I felt terrible. I said to Ten about I don't know. Five minutes before full time parill were leading, said I've seen this movie. I know how it ends exactly what I thought. Bang Broncos went over in the last minute, and you know, thirty eight thirty nine thousand and nine hundred and ninety eight people went up and Ten just put a hand on my shoulder.
Speaker 4: I felt bad, yeah, because it wasn't a try. The riddles one.
Speaker 8: Of actually actually I'm going to I'm going to feel good to know sorry too. But I actually enjoyed the aftermath of that. How happy Ryce Walden then how disappointed.
Speaker 10: That I was laughing yeah, and then he just went bang yeah, and if Nick like I was the only one that didn't stand up because I didn't think that was a try from where I.
Speaker 4: Was knocked it on good eyes knocked it on. It was off.
Speaker 2: Also, I was driving. I was a designated driver, so it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so intoxicated. How about we get into the week. It was let's it so the Storm and the Roosters on Thursday night, Storm thirty four points to thirty over of the Roosters.
Speaker 4: In a titewe. Well what a game. I didn't catch most of this game.
Speaker 8: No, no, well what a game this was. It was a beautiful mess. Look, it was the points first. Obviously thirty thirty thirty to thirty four D was not a priority. Guys, D was not not a priority. Two Bay scored two early tries. I really really enjoyed the ball movement on both teams. They really gave it some mair. I'm not sure about Melbourne and look, I I know that there's injuries. I know that they lost Hughes and what's his name took over. Granted took over. I realized that. But I'm not sold because and they're still favorites for win the comp.
Speaker 1: But I'm really notice I think those shot when it matters. Yeah, yeah, okay, here's will be back for the semis.
Speaker 4: He will be explained it to me. Melbourne traditionally done let in a lot of points. Well this is what I'm I've been seated all year where they're just letting in a lot of points, and.
Speaker 8: And and and and that that. See, the team who scores a lot of points doesn't win the camp. If you always go back, it's the team it's got the best the best defense, or the second best defense that's worse, the third best defense. Well, these two teams will forget are still in development and and you know what where they started this year to now, even if they don't win another game, Yeah, they've unearthed a lots of good talent. But Storm, when you when you look at the Storm and you look at the list, you're talking rings. They play for rings when they do the preseason. They don't say I hope we make the eight. No, we're going to win a ring. This is the way we're going to win a ring.
Speaker 4: And they're not.
Speaker 8: They're not convincing. The only good thing is that Grant took over. Well he took over when he had to take over. And besides that, it was it was an exciting game. But I knew that when a team scores thirty and the other score team scores thirty four. Again, it's great to watch. I don't take it. I don't take it seriously in terms of a high quality match. But it was as I called it, it was a beautiful mess. It was just a take on attack on the waves of attack of both both sides. And I didn't know who was going to win.
Speaker 4: Actually a bit of a soccer game because you score three, I score four.
Speaker 8: Yeah, was complaining about it a four past. It was a forward part. Hey, you know what, you caught one, you give one, it all, it all you. Howard's try was spectacular the center. What he's goored. That was a great try. And there was a lot of great tries, a lot of great tries.
Speaker 4: In this game.
Speaker 8: And they, I got to admit, both of them in terms of ball in hand, were really high completion. But when he came to the defense, no one was covering from the inside. They weren't they weren't sliding. They missed tackles like very very un Melbourne like. Yeah for both so but look I said again, roosters are whatever they do, it doesn't really matter. They're not going to make the aid. But they've had a sensational season. But yeah, I'm not sure about Let's see.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't read into it too much. What is what your thoughts?
Speaker 2: They've been They've been stuffing around since a ship game. They did all the dancing, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, and they were. They keep going between second and third and I've had some pretty close misses, close wins. Like it's almost like they they just seemed to take it seriously. We're halfway through, you know what I mean. And it's almost a bit like I like Melbourne, but they always have that air of arrogance where, yeah, they know they're going to be in the Premiership and I will be so bored if it will be Panthers. Panthers, you know, Penrith and Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Penrith.
Speaker 2: We didn't think they would come back in like round nine, and they did.
Speaker 4: There was so much to come back from.
Speaker 8: But look at the moment, and I told Andrew, they're not back, but they're alive penri Mind you, I did see. I actually went to that game, the Penrith and the West game, and I did enjoy. I did enjoy watching them hold down a game and I didn't watch. I did enjoy watching Nathan incomplete control. But I walked away thinking, well, yeah, they're not the tended they were last year.
Speaker 4: But anyway, we're not going we're not going there yet. We're not going there yet. That's you know what.
Speaker 8: That's that's all I can say about that game.
Speaker 4: It didn't inspine me.
Speaker 8: I was watching pictures and I was watching people scoring tries. I wasn't even analyzing the defense because that's that's what that's what I'm into, the tactics of the defense.
Speaker 4: And it didn't really inspire me. Loud of you.
Speaker 1: The next game was special for two reasons. Was that it was a really good game. Yeah, where this is going the Cowboys thirty eight points over the Dragon. No, it was I mean that a game. Maybe it wasn't good in terms of it was exciting. It was close Cowboys. And the second reason is I watched it at the Cats.
Speaker 4: Then that's it's a different.
Speaker 2: Around by Queenslanders actually actually tipped the Cowboys because everyone's like going over dragons and I was like, no, homes isn't in playing at home? You know, one last shot. Maybe their coach did a bit of a dizzy spray last week. But yeah, it was good game, didn't destroy them.
Speaker 4: It was a good. Game was close. What did you see? What do you watch? Well, I mean it's I think when we left the cast and I think.
Speaker 2: It don't have twenty minutes to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was very close. But then the Cowboys blew it out.
Speaker 1: But then I saw the Dragons came back to within six points, so it was it must have been a few tri scores in the last fifteen minutes or so.
Speaker 4: Did you watch it? Yea, yeah, what do you think? George? Defense was pretty I was pressed, but I didn't he's good. He saved up. Yeah, both teams were. I don't like sir George when they lose, you know what, Yeah, you know what annoys You know what annoys me.
Speaker 8: George does what they did last week against Canterbury, a ballsy, really physical defensive effort. And then they go up up to North Queensland and middlely they have to jump on the plane.
Speaker 4: It must be hot and else. Well that's the job. That's the hardest thing you've got to do all day.
Speaker 8: It is hot up there, and then they give us they give us this, and I mean as a spectacle.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was fun to.
Speaker 8: Watch, like like the Rooster's game, but it was a lot of sucking pole. There was a lot of rubbish. It really was a lot of the games weren't high quality every the weekend. What's with the defense now being so ship I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what it is end When a team gets momentum like that, it's hard, it.
Speaker 4: Seems to attack. This was if you're in defense and you make a mistake like said there was you run out of the quick you're.
Speaker 8: You're a shooter, but but here there was no shooters.
Speaker 4: They just just missed tackles.
Speaker 8: Just missed tackles or there was holes everywhere.
Speaker 4: So it was how the didn't walking.
Speaker 8: We're just walking through the line. It wasn't wasn't pretty. Look I've got I've got a bit. Oh, I don't want to see Cook in the centers again. They put Cook in the centers and then straight away did and went there and ripped him twice through diedon two tries in about five minutes, and then that they had to pull him the hooky.
Speaker 4: Playing good at hooker than him.
Speaker 8: I was going to say little I got admit. Little Little came on and showed something. Drinky always plays well. You mentioned he's a revelation. I locked the return of Molo. Absolute monster on the edges again. He's a big, nasty, hard running human being. Mollow one of favorite, one of Tanner's favorite, Perdue just getting better all the time, getting You're gonna wear him rain soon.
Speaker 2: It's not did Labor come back? Someone came back and it just it just created a really I'm just I'm looking at my screen, created a really nice synergy guys.
Speaker 4: For Queensland, for the cow Cowboys labor because oh.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah labor, Labor came to and he killed it and everybody was making breaks. But anyway, he killed it. Yeah, look a lot lots of six again, lots of mistackles. What can I says? He came back? Ah, he absolutely.
Speaker 4: I said that on the night I didn't realize he was still there. Yeah he got a squad a trug.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, he was injured all years. Was this his first game back to I think it was his first game back.
Speaker 2: I feel like him. Maybe it's Labor at second, but I feel like I remember seeing two guys came back or one guy came back, and it's just the difference that it makes right when when you have you know, his original team, because the Cowboys if you remember they were doing it right at the beginning of the year. It's too late now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but yeah, you know what, I've tried to protect him, but let's hope that the coach gets sacked. And yeah, I've tried, really I do, I do. But when they're attackling like this, they need a change up. Last year they went good either in defense, but they didn't make the eight last year.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm funny. I like a certain type of game. I like a grind fest, and when I see, you know, thirty eight to thirty two, it's not inspiring. I enjoyed the ball movement and I enjoy the running. I enjoy the tries, but it's like just a game before it was the same. It's a tennis batch. You enjoy it for the excitement.
Speaker 4: It was good. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: I agree that it's exciting, but true what rugby league essence? The essence of rugby league. I'm not there on this one. Not there.
Speaker 1: But in the first few games were pretty close too.
Speaker 8: But if I'm not wrong to you, the Cowboys are still alive to make the eight. Yeah, yeah, I'm looking at they're still They're still there somewhere yeah, two points out of the eighth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just don't see it happening, you know, with their.
Speaker 4: Coach, well, not with their defense.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, tragic.
Speaker 4: Seriously, let's move on to the next game. Okay, I'm going to see back and you can upset by this.
Speaker 2: I know that I know that number one Queensland won this year. I'm fine, but this is not This is going of Origin, right, and number two I'm happy the first time you came to lang.
Speaker 1: Park the ten has been We've been two games together this year. You've brought so before this game then said next year you've got to come here and watch Origin, right, And I said, well, you brought me luck in Sydney because paris first win was when you came to the Dragons game. Then after we won this game, she goes, you're not coming Origin.
Speaker 2: But I said before this game, like one, I think I was saying it before the party started. Our eighteam is not as good as our beating, right, And it's what I said. You know that when we're talking last year about why the Broncos have got such a good you know, they're stacked and everything else. Too many egos in there.
Speaker 1: You called out Walsh lie week and you were saying it again on Friday during the day and and he did some good things, but it was a big part of the undoing on the night as well, some of the mistakes that he made.
Speaker 2: It's called a team football team. But yeah, but even if I wasn't designated driver, I saw would have been happy because one we're at the game, how good. And two it would have been so disappointing for Nick that if Froncos had one.
Speaker 4: Now what was I saying all day? I just want to be competitive.
Speaker 1: I just want to be competitive, but I want to I want to send a shout out as well while we're on it to Megs. I want to send a shout out to Megan Hunt from Third Base Accounting in Brisbane. Megs. I'm pretty I can. I can say this because I'm far away from her now, I'm not sitting next to her. I'm sure she had a great time with the exception of the outcome. But I just want to say a special thanks to Megan for organizing the tickets as a birthday present for me as well. It was really nice about and we got to go and catch up with Megan in her third Space team on Friday afternoon, met a bunch of wonderful people who work with her and a bunch of her clients as well, all really wonderful people to reflection on her.
Speaker 4: So thanks Megs.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your organizing the tickets for me, and I enjoyed sitting next to you for the whole game.
Speaker 2: But she the last You guys never allowed to sit next to each other.
Speaker 1: But no shout out to me. I really appreciate it. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was. It was.
Speaker 1: I mean it was a good game. It was a good game, so back and forth. Like I said, I just wanted to be competitive. I was pretty impressed with power. I was happy that they hung in. Moses makes a huge difference to that team. It changes the team whenever he plays a different team.
Speaker 4: Wel yeah, well, I.
Speaker 8: Mean Brisbane they should be mo. Me have a kid who just needs a good flogging. He just needs to do what he's told, you know, he just he just needs to be a good flogging.
Speaker 1: He needs what I'm telling he needs to be because he he did some really good things and he and and he got Brisbane in front with the try that he set up for Billy Wallas as well, but then he there were times where he tried to do too much, like he did that flick pass which ad a car ended up picking up and Paras scored on the back of that. So he he forced his hands and I think Maguire just and they even said it in the press conference, they just need to rain him in a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he needs to be coached.
Speaker 2: He just needs to do what he does and without thinking.
Speaker 4: He's got a time. He's explosive, but you can't do that all You can't be explosive all the time. You have to chime in and you have to do it at the right time. If picking the right time to do it, yes, part of the skill.
Speaker 1: If you saw if you saw the try that he scored which was disallowed right at the end the para the young fullback knocked it on, Yeah, right in the In the press conference when they were asked about it, Jason Roles said he just needs to learn the difference between securing the ball. He was thinking pick it up and run eighty meters. Yeah, and Moses started laughing when he said that, because again it's about it's about learning that. So whilst he is the same. He he's far he's far enough in there to his career that he should be at that level.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it's coaching Joe. Joe.
Speaker 8: Ash was his first full NRRLL game, and he was outstanding.
Speaker 4: He was fantastic here. I'm happy that that one blemish isn't what ended up being. Yeah, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Isn't it good when you train all year and on one certain day everything comes together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So Jason Rolls has been trying to teach this team a brand style, and he's and he's and he stripped the whole team and brought him new players, lightweight players, very mobile players, and even nic Or he was getting a bit upset at the start of the year because.
Speaker 4: They got rid of him, got rid of that. I'm not very patient.
Speaker 8: Got yeah, got rid of all these players and got rid of all these players. And and why is he doing why is he doing that? Nicole was saying, well, we saw, we saw on Friday night why he was doing it. Spreading on ones and twos, unbelievable, going tows too wide to go forward, something that hasn't been seen well probably ever, you know, consistently consistently go off the dummy half to two runners both sides, and then the dummy half running from there taking stripping, the stripping, the two markets, pulling them, pulling them apart again. Jason rolls a genius to get.
Speaker 4: Pumped by Melbourne this week? What are you going to say? What are you going to say next week? If don't go and get pumped by Melbourne number one, number one in and out and that you're going to say, well, not number one.
Speaker 8: No, no, not number one. They won't get pumped by four number two. This is this is the issue here. They're a young team and they're going to win one game and they're going to lose one game. They're going to win one game. They're going to lose one game until at the end of next year when they just squeeze into the eight and then they and then Jason brings two senior players in which Stead is the team. But you know what, no team play, no team plays are like this. So who sees Mitch Moses number seven controlling half back there.
Speaker 4: Should controlled all the time the whole time, should.
Speaker 8: Stand right next to the dumb behalf because that's the best, the best.
Speaker 4: Even if you look at like the last two weeks we had two great first halves.
Speaker 1: We're in it, we're leading the race. Second half dropped off. So that's why I was saying this week, I just want to I would have even been happy about so.
Speaker 8: So Mitch, Mitch slot in front of the seas so in other words, he still three out instead of going right in the middle to control. Also, so the half back wants the ball in his hands straight away from from the from the ground one second fast and faster in his hands, okay, because the defense is far a bit further the eight meters six meters okay, so he can have his options. Mitch stood on seas out three or four wide. I came played played on that. Why because because he can.
Speaker 4: More time of the ball when he gets you.
Speaker 8: Know what on this on this on this day, he's running game was It wasn't the option.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but guess what he keeps. He kicked him to death. Number one.
Speaker 8: He controlled them with his mouth and his and his passing game was outstanding.
Speaker 1: So the three things that stood out on frid Night was his kicking game into the into the basically the red zone.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: He kicked earlier a lot to turn the big forwards around and he was screaming at his forwards or his mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know what defense was brilliant.
Speaker 8: I was going to get I was going to get to that te you know, like I say, if you're in, if you're behind the eight ball, if you're if you're working behind a losing pack, you've got to do something. And I say, Nathan doesn't do that in big games or in the side of origins. Well, there's three options, and personally should do it all the time. You can either kick your way out of trouble. Okay, you either pass your way out of trouble, you run your way, or use your mouth. And on that game, he used three of them. Okay, Nick, did you.
Speaker 2: Tell the boys how Adaw and Moses actually promised they would have been for you?
Speaker 1: I did, That's yeah, I did. I did so yeah. I look, I felt bad for you. I felt because the only person by the way. What a stadium, what an atmosphere, Absolutely amazing. It's my first time is so carp I call it Lane Park, so cool being there, even though I had to take your phone out in front of the Queensland the sign lane Beanie because I must a bet which is on all the socials but amazing. But yes, I did feel a little bit guilty because, like I said, when when we thought Brisbane won the game, Tanya was the only person who didn't leap up.
Speaker 4: You cut it around me.
Speaker 1: And then when it was reversed, I felt even more guilty about that. But the result didn't honestly didn't matter, like it was such a great day.
Speaker 4: It was a great night. Abraa cabarbar.
Speaker 2: So all night so so. Cackston Street is like I've watched footy my whole life. But when I was eighteen and literally lived around the corner from some court and Cackston Street was you know you'd go out from like you know, Wednesday to Sunday and watch footy Thursday to Sunday or whatever in Caston Street and Megan I was talking about it, like you know, you start off at the CaCO, you have drinks and you go to the game. But I was like, that's a kebab story. I used to go to it like twelve o'clock and the whole time it's like I want to get a kebabb. I think, look I'm with Broncos like they were do for a last minute all she's in. He's great, but he's in needs to understanding he's part of a team. It's just fun to go.
Speaker 4: To the game.
Speaker 1: It's important to note that. And you could visibly see it. Payon half was carrying an injury, which we know about it, but he could see it on the night like he shouldn't have been on the field. He shouldn't have been on the field.
Speaker 4: Can I just address Brisbane? Sorry to you?
Speaker 8: Can I address Brisbane? So they've got to get comfort, they've got to get used to being comfortable being uncomfortable. So they hate being in cycle. So Paramount got him in cycle. Thank god. They didn't grind them. They just got him into the cycle. So the first half they were cycling back. Second half they wanted to like he lost while she lost his head. They're cycling and he goes, I'm going to score. Now I'm going to do something crazy, like I do one of those harbor Bridge passes or whatever. The two spots which Mitch done perfectly was Isra man and containing his stags absolutely ripped poor Isra shoulders apart. The the they don't they don't connect. They don't connect in so when the ball passes through you're supposed to slide through. They don't do that. Brisbane at some stage just go up and then stop and then don't slide across. They there. They boggle my mind for such brilliant kids.
Speaker 4: Rees.
Speaker 8: We're talking about Reese. You know, it's either rocks or diamonds. He's got to be more diamonds than rocks. So if he does.
Speaker 4: Four diamonds, he's got.
Speaker 8: Well, they've got to do it because there's been three years and they haven't found the way. Pain Sorry, pain Huss, you're right, so you can see it's so pain Hass is a really big thing for the Broncos because what happens is this pain Huss bends the line, falls on his front, gets up really quickly, plays the ball. Okay, Now the mark is supposed to split and follow follow follow the dummy half. Yeah, and then once the dummy half passes to checks the dummy half. Once he passes to to Reynolds's supposed to pressure redwoods on the inside so you can give the ball quickly.
Speaker 4: The early release.
Speaker 8: The minute they don't give an earlier release, or Renels doesn't give an early release, then all the all the backs from the Broncos I call it on pluses, so just on they're all on outside shoulders. That's okay, But guess what you've got the you got the elephant in the room, you got wash Wash, she's sweeping behind. So then all of a sudden, the line's got to make decisions. They've all got to make decisions and guess what nine times out of ten because that she's scared to make the wrong decisions. That's why ustral Man rips teams are teams apart. But they don't do that because sorry, because Wash, because has was wasn't bending the line at all, sorry.
Speaker 2: To, but were fine without one. Where's all is?
Speaker 4: How to?
Speaker 2: Where's Dean Mariner? Like where are all these guys? Like it's not actually the guys, it's the team make up, like not to say don't get rid of Walsh, but to get him with the team.
Speaker 8: You know, you know what, you know what Broncos looked like a lot to me. You know, when you've got a cut and you've got too many toys in it, you got too many nice toys in there. You haven't got any hard working.
Speaker 4: But you've got one of the best. I mean a good cage. Yeah, it's a good his.
Speaker 1: First season is to figure it out and he knows what he's got to But but minute when you look at the list, are you thinking can we make the eight or we're going to get rid.
Speaker 4: Of the top four? Side?
Speaker 1: Also, George, they were at full strength for the first time and how long, right, he's got to get that. It's it's yeah, he's got to get their combination playing together for a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll just pointing out what what what they do mean?
Speaker 1: The media has been pretty heavy on Welsh but a lot of the good ship they did came off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's let's move on. But I just want to close it off by saying, I had a wonderful afternoon, I had a wonderful evening.
Speaker 1: I had a one full weekend. I didn't want to come home. Sorry, Meg, I love you and thanks again for the tickets. I was really sweet of you. Meghan Hunt's thirds based accounting Brisbane. Look him up for all your accounting needs. Let's move on to Saturday Super Saturday and the Yes, the Titans twenty four points, the sixteen over the Warriors in New Zealand.
Speaker 4: Ten was it raining? No?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, George, you said vintage for its about the vintage for it, I like it. I just liked you know, No, I just think I really really enjoyed for him watching him play, because it was a bit of a vintage when he was back at mainly years and years ago he directed traffic. I No, I really enjoyed the game. I did think. Yeah, for there's five hundred games. J Campbell, another one, another one. Even Ricky Stewart in his press conference he defended theirs. He said, yeah, the player's got to take some of the responsibility because I'm sick of seeing these idiots on these magazine shows like three sixty saying, you know, it's not the players, it's the players are the ones out and they're going to take responsibility to everyone. Guy eight hundred thousand dollars A. Yeah, I expect you. If everyone plays a role, everyone plays you know. Yeah. Look, the.
Speaker 8: Gold Coast played well, they actually played the well. They got behind at the at the start, but they called their way back. I think it says a little bit more about the Warrior is sort of I'm not convinced, not turning it up, but there's some issues. There's some issues there. But you know what, let's let's let's go for the positives, man said talking about four.
Speaker 4: And I haven't seen fo him play like that. For the pressure. It's good to see. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 8: Wantan's favorites, Jojo forfed. I scored two tries, I think on the on the day and g it's good.
Speaker 11: Is good?
Speaker 4: If Brinceton plays me? Yeah, you know, I if three sixty target.
Speaker 8: Really if if Brinceton plays anywhere but full back, I want to I'll give it up. I'll give it up. The guys the guy's a fullback, stop will stop.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 8: And the fourth went went forward and guess what they scored some some really good tries and yeah, what actually tackled?
Speaker 4: They defended.
Speaker 8: They worked hard from the inside, they worked hard from the markers. They cover everybody. They scrambled. Welso WMB warriors, tries, warriors warriors.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I'm not convinced from I don't know what it is. Convinced, Yeah you know to four, Yeah they are. They've done so much hard work. I really don't want to see them throw it away. But the minute, the minute that the half back on board isn't bad. I don't think boys that bad. Frankie was sitting next to him on the plane on Thursday's Kid Kid. But yeah, that's that's all I've got for this one. Sixteen. The best thing is that does he got a victory?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And that I'm I'm a massive fan. I'm a massive fan of the of Dixie. I'm a massive fan of Dexie.
Speaker 1: Moving on at combat, Penrith thirty six points to two over the Tigers, not surprising considering Peni's form of late. They really seem to hit their straps. Disappointing for the Tigers to knock it on the scoreboard. I was there for that one.
Speaker 4: A tragic Tiger supporter. Talk to me, so, rob I'll use that old word insipid attack where they have absolutely nothing in the red zone. They are lackluster. There's people on big money as a Tiger support, you know, Robert, Yeah, Tigers all my life. My dad so disillusioned with that. So I don't know what. I don't know where to start. I watch it every week and I'm so pumped and pumped, and by come fifteen minutes into the game, I think there's no improvement from last week. This is nothing and what do you think that is? Me personally, I love Benji to death, but he's got to go. You gotta won't give If you run a professional soccer team, do you how many how many games do you give a guy to start winning? I remember I wouldn't made, he wouldn't last five minutes gone. So you might remember swear got Loo cut up. I think it was three years ago. I don't know if it was Bologna it was. It was a low place set of our team in Italy. The coach got sacked on the Friday, and and before the game they lost the game. The replacement got sacked and he got rehired on Monday. Three days later he got rehired. Do you remember what I'm talking about talking about of a further if you don't perform, get out. I was there, so I'll tell you what I saw.
Speaker 8: You know what, Penry are starting to get some of their good habits back. Their defense was outstanding, the scramble was out outstanding. They're just a brick wall and they just suffocate you. The first half Tigers actually paid good.
Speaker 4: But I like the new winger they got. You know that that Island, the boy on the I really liked him, and I like that sugar. You know the second round guy, yep, impressed? Can you tell us only Suka? Yeah? I like him.
Speaker 1: I've been vocally critical of the Tigers this year, right.
Speaker 8: And as I've heard and a lot of you, and you know how many of my mates of tigers, but I've been, but no one's been more critical of parent than me as well.
Speaker 4: I try and call it my daughter's right. When they were born, I told him, if you want to live in this house, you have to be a Tiger supporter.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: My youngest one, Laura comes up to me, goes, Dad, how come you made a support of ship doing.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Andy saw it heard it last week, but Meg who Nick did the shout out to one of her staff members. Her brother in law is Tristan Hope for the Tigers, and I think I heard part of this game. But he actually did all right. So he played at the beginning of the year, and then he came back last week, and then he's obviously a week before. But he actually did all right. I didn't remember hearing them say a few things about him, how he stuffed up or whatever. And Nick does ship on the Tigers a lot for me. I hated the times I'm.
Speaker 1: Not only I'm only speaking what I believe to be the truth, right, and the results reflect that. Right you've got and I've said the same thing about power, right until you get your ship sorted upstairs. But the Tigers, with all due respect, and I want to ask you about this. He got five or six premiership winners in that in that squad. They should not be where they are, right, But you can't do that.
Speaker 2: It's a completely.
Speaker 4: Different what Jerim little White, no tries, no line breaks this year? The marquet sign that I'm going to get that on a T shirtw Just one other thing you mean? You mentioned Tristan Megs.
Speaker 1: Listen, Meg Megs listens to us, right, shout out to Tristan who I met on Friday.
Speaker 4: What a fucking champion? That different?
Speaker 8: Tristan, What a champion? Please get me to pass that on. It's such a nice guy and he's inspired me as well.
Speaker 1: But Andy, I want to ask you, like what what you told me, What's what's your take, what's your assessment of the Tigers, and what do you expect and what are you seeing or not seeing?
Speaker 4: Every week? Look, this is what happens in my household every week. Monday, I think we're playing Titans this week. You know what a change. So the phone starts ringing. I talked to all the boys, the Titan supporter us, all my mates, and we've we live in this hope that maybe we might be competitive, and come fifteen minutes into the game, we're ringing each other, telling each other off with the ships. But why because it's disheartening to see a team when you're I'm a firm believer. If I pay you away, do you do your job. If you don't perform, get out and I'll get someone else who will. But you've got players who were playing at other clubs, who were good players. They come to Tigers and there's ship they don't perform. And that's that comes to me from the leadership. Can I say one thing for you that I've said this numerous times. I don't know if you've heard or not.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, you look at a club and the thing that's missing is the identity, right And the reason I the read never have merged with Meg.
Speaker 8: But the reason I'll tell you will tell you now.
Speaker 1: The reason I say that right is because thirteen fourteen years not making the semis right is wrong. Right now you've got they've got four fucking home grounds. Right, that's the first part. The second problem is that they should be the West Tigers from under sixers up, not Bao Main, not Western Suburbs. It should be one entity.
Speaker 4: Tigers has got no money.
Speaker 1: But this is my this is my point, right, but this should have happened in the year two thousand, right, it should be one club from from under sixers up.
Speaker 4: You've got that separation all the way up to Cup.
Speaker 1: George, I don't like even in Cup it's Western Suburbs, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Where's the where's the identity? Right?
Speaker 1: Like you sayly when you make first grade you're a West Tiger. It should be from under sixers which you're playing for exactly, and.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be playing. You shouldn't be playing.
Speaker 1: You can't tell me you enjoy going to paramounta stadium to watch and they shouldn't be playing at home Bush pick Campbelltown, pick like that or just pick those two. But the people things that that they're getting wrong from from the top down, in my opinion, before you even get to the footy team.
Speaker 8: And I'll get to the football team. Uh, that same word identity. Who are the West Tigers on the field. So every every team has got an identity. Yes we haven't got one. If I if I, well that makes it hard to because if we if we say Penriff, we all know the identity. We all know what they do. So then you can go and recruit or you can go and breed the player you want. So Benji hasn't given them an identity. Getting good players and putting them all in the team means nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: When you go to Canterbury, what does gascu do. He gives you a historical lesson when you walk in that door and he tells you the culture and what's expected of you when you go to Tigers. What are you talking about? You're talking about the Magpists. You're talking about the Tigers? Are you talking about? We should should be talking because about I don't know who I'm talking about. I'm a Tiger supporterer, but what about the Maggie guy. That's problem wrong? You have no passion when we were all support rugby and we all love the Tigers. We all have, but at the end of the day over an identity.
Speaker 8: No, I agree, and the team has an identity. It happened and imagine these players, and that's half walking.
Speaker 4: They go to the what's that thing of Concord what I called the excellent excellence right Concord, beautiful set, but when you walk in, you got maggage on one side, You've got Tiger players on the other side.
Speaker 8: That's the way it is. Unfortunately, merger, merger doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Come on, I think it's Look, it's definitely like Andy's so the same as me as you guys would know. You need to it comes from the top. It's about leadership. It's about you hire, who you hire, how you hire, because it's my life, right. But also, and look, you know Benji maybe he's a bit earlier on in his career as a coach, but what kind of support has he got around him? From a leadership perspective, he should have support to be a better coach. Now, we don't have the same appear in of the Titans because we all like DEAs right or des is older and he's five hundredth game whatever, But the Titans have the shittest culture. Like I don't even I don't care if West Tigers is all separated by three clubs or whatever. The Titans, but we would never blame DEAs right, And I think it's just guys get to appoint where you're so frustrated with obviously the game and the coach and everything else, that it just because everyone is almost a target, right, Like I didn't like the Tigers for many years for a few reasons, and Nick can tell.
Speaker 4: You which half line.
Speaker 2: But but now, like even even last year, like I've actually come to enjoy like the game, like and it was George that really made me like enjoy the Panthers. And obviously when Lui and Taruba moved over, like I watch them a.
Speaker 13: Bit more of the Tigers and I feel for them, Like I saying to Nick before I was on the board for Southport Tigers up here, so same jersey, same I was like, maybe.
Speaker 2: It's just a jersey, but they just need like I don't know, I come to Jesus talk. All of them need to just put all their shit aside and be like.
Speaker 4: This is for the it's beyond the team. It starts up again.
Speaker 1: As you know most of my I live in Concord, for Christ's sake, Right, You're talking to someone who hasn't won a premiership since I was eleven, so I understand the pain you know what I mean. And and a lot of my friends need to clear their heads and all the smoking mirrors bullshit, see through it. And the club needs an enemy just like Paramatta does Flushy right, and and things like again, you look if you go back to the Galvins, like you know yourself. When Shane Richardson came in, he goes, we're going to focus on youth now. They've lost two really good young players so far this year. Right, you look at the Galvin saga that should never have hit the wires. We shouldn't have even known about it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Shane Richardson was the one who came out and release the public statement. So he stepped in his own ship the CEO, right, and that put pressure on everyone around him and underneath him put his club in the headlines. That's that's like from a guy with his experience, what the fuck is that? And then and then he did a podcast, remember the media look for it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't help when he come in and just absolutely decimated it every time doesn't help.
Speaker 1: It doesn't help when a week later he does a podcast and I called this at the time, and he says, he says, now that now that we're not re signing Galvin. You know, we're going to let players like the Silver go, but now we can use that money to keep them.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're the silver, who'd you keep you kept? He said?
Speaker 1: He actually said on the pod about three months ago. He actually said the money that we're going to use with Galvin, we're going to let players young players like the Silver. He actually named it was to keep. Well, now we can use it. Well, if you are the player, you're going to fuck that, you know, So you've got to be smarter than that.
Speaker 2: Nick, the Tigers are just Titans ten years ago.
Speaker 4: How long are the fans going to put up with it?
Speaker 2: Well, we're still well I'm not a Titans fan, but they're still over that ship. They had so much crap. That's when I sponsored them.
Speaker 4: But what do I say?
Speaker 1: This is making mirrors I'm talking about And again you can go back and listen to it because I said it on here. The album was criticized for criticizing Benji Marshall and everyone attacked him for that, and I said, we'll wait a second. Look at Benji's record speaks for itself so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Nick, look at the Titans ten years ago. You guys are in Sydney, so you look, they're just like, they're exactly the same as Tigers.
Speaker 4: They've made the finals in the last fourteen years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but the same drama. Again, you're they weren't bankrupt.
Speaker 4: They were bankrupt.
Speaker 2: All your stuff is concentrated because it's down there. I just you know what, They're going to make a decision. They need to make it. If not, we'll be just talking about this.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is if the ship doesn't come to the surface, it will never get fixed.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. If I look at Canterbury all the time, each player in that team will die for the would that happened in the Tigers. I go to work every morning. I'm relying on the guy next to me if something, if the ship, it's a fan, I'm relying on my work colleague to keep me to save my life. Okay, I expect that on the field if it's not happening at the Tigers.
Speaker 8: Honestly, until until until now, where I'm starting to think I haven't seen it a para for forever as well, it's happening.
Speaker 4: I hope it is, George, I really hope it is. Happening in Paramaerica, it's not happening to Tigers.
Speaker 8: Look, you know what in terms of in terms of the Tigers, they're in a little bit better position than I think than the Gold case because truly, truly, and I say this because I actually I'm stupid enough to watch the regies.
Speaker 4: They are so stacked junior based is George? Are they better than last year? What do you mean this team? Yeah, but I think the marginally better. I would I wouldn't think they are better, but they're not terrible. They're not terrible, but they're not good. Wrong you look at him in the red zone. They are net of attack. If the best you can do is LOUI doing a little kick behind open to god that someone's going to run in from from.
Speaker 1: From what I've heard, from what I've heard, and all three of you know who my sources are within within that club, right close to the coach himself. Going back to the story about Galvin when when and you all know this story right where Benji said, do you want to address the team after that whole incident and Jerome u appy Carus out and all turned their backs on him. That's respect for but that's bentually not controlling the situation, right, and and the clique is running the show and the click's not performed.
Speaker 8: You know what the issue is That you can get rid of Benji and that's no problem, but you've got to find someone better than Benji.
Speaker 4: I said, Brad, after I put them, put the money on the table and you'll get who you want. Brad. Arthur's won right.
Speaker 1: I agree, But when you do when you do a comparison, right, And it's easy to say now because it looks like it's starting to work out. When you do a comparison, Jason Rass said, Gutha, we love you. You got to go yeah, right, because I've got a youngster who's going to played one game in first grade, but he's going to be our fullback.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The Tigers had the chance to do it with corous Ol, but we're going to hang on to the thirty one year old or however old he is. I don't know how old he is, and we're going to let a young guy twenty year old go.
Speaker 4: I think he will. We're in the same situation. He actually wanted to stay. He wanted to stay. I wanted to say he didn't want to leave. No, he didn't want to because he said, but I don't want to be I don't want to be on the bench, and I want to be I want to develop into a first grade. Yeah, so we had to go.
Speaker 1: So if you look at Moses, I don't know if you've heard us about Turbo what we call him tampon because he's in for one game now for three, right, Moses is starting to be like that now as well.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So when when your players are over thirty, you've got to start thinking forward. Cry I was going to start picking up injury after injury.
Speaker 4: But somebody's playing him off the bench. He comes off for a while now, Yeah, I know. It's very good.
Speaker 2: Thing is if Benji wasn't the youngest coach, he wouldn't get shut on so much because there are older coaches that are more revered.
Speaker 1: It's more that ben we're talking about this before. He's got no experience. He's never worked as an assistant, also.
Speaker 2: Has he also has no support from leadership.
Speaker 1: You should know that, which makes it even worse for someone who's got no experience.
Speaker 2: But I don't feel like this again, we're talking about the team. It's not just his fault.
Speaker 1: It's a poor decision again from upstairs, like you need, you need, in my opinion, you need a better coaching there who will control the plane group, not let them control him.
Speaker 2: Another coach goes in guarantee, they still won't work because.
Speaker 1: In my in my opinion, the best catch you've had, in my opinion, in the last fifteen years was Mick Potter.
Speaker 4: He's got the best record. Yeah he did.
Speaker 8: Really he didn't really really well and he did wrong.
Speaker 4: We shouldn't move on. But I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He did really well. Good coach, Yeah he did, he did. There's too much talent there. Again, you've got five or six rings in that squad. There's too much talent for them to be someone molded together and.
Speaker 8: To look to it looked very quickly. We'll move on to River. Was was good at fall back. It's great to play all of his juniors. Was no problem. I don't really care what terror May did or what his personality.
Speaker 4: Terror terror May.
Speaker 8: I don't care what he did. He should have been wearing blue. I don't care.
Speaker 4: He talked himself out of it. I don't care because because.
Speaker 8: When he goes on the field, he goes on the.
Speaker 1: He said, he said, he said to his mate, and he said it because he was recorded throwing New South Wales Jersey in the bin. So're going to pick him someone who says.
Speaker 4: That he was he was?
Speaker 6: He was A.
Speaker 4: What did I say to you the other night at your place? Thursday night?
Speaker 2: We're talking about Beshall I heard.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that I like Benji, but I said, I said, people we argue about this every year comes up, right, But I honestly believe down here in New South Wales we do not have what they have in Queen.
Speaker 4: We don't believe in the shirt the way they do.
Speaker 8: No, great Coleman, No, no, there is what I was saying.
Speaker 4: The story tiger watching from training from the trees. It's called it cach for ship, but it's a Jersey.
Speaker 1: Loves the Jersey Queens have a belief in there. And I promise Tenure, I'll send you a phallow after we do have a.
Speaker 4: He's my favors your favorite time player? We do well? Is my favoral time.
Speaker 2: Plus your first.
Speaker 8: Let's let's move on one thing, because you are ratching on Jerome and I usually stick up for Jerome book, but you know what, pushing eighteen or nine year old kid to control the team. Well, yeah, well you well you've got four rings.
Speaker 4: And what I say two weeks ago, it's not right. What did I say two weeks ago? I said he's been forced out of his position to accommodate a rookie.
Speaker 1: It's just not it's Marque signing captain, no tries, no line breaks.
Speaker 4: Not right. Yeah, no, no, this year, it's not right. Pushing. I need more out of him and he kicks are the same. He's got a great short kicking game. But that's all.
Speaker 1: That's all really he's got and and and he does have a great short kicking game and penil awesome. And yeah, they're getting better and better. But let's move on because you know ten's getting pissed.
Speaker 4: Off the next game. Yeah yeah, the Sharky's points to twelve remedies.
Speaker 8: Listen this tea, what you told me? Told me about the fullback, the young.
Speaker 4: Bloke Gray, what's his name? Tanya loves you great. He's a great little player. I love him, queens queens. If he cuts from he's a good player. Wrong, is a very good player. I reckon. He's very energetic and he just adds a bit of life to it. He was he was leading his uhle ms. Before he left. He spoke up forgot he's lost his spot. He's gone gone. I'm telling you he's gone. He can stay a great He's not coming back. He can stay great.
Speaker 2: It was he was lead and he is absolutely brilliant until their version of Wolsh came back to him. Will take him back? I don't know, No, no, no, he's Queensland.
Speaker 4: He's a Liverpool boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's his first game.
Speaker 4: Another great English sastic world.
Speaker 1: Considering their injury suspensions.
Speaker 8: I don't think this was about self senior. I think it's more about Cronulla. Self Seen is depleted, Selfie is depleted. They're probably not going to win no game year, but they but look, you know what they put in and they tried really hard. So I'm not going to go through each individual player. They tried their hardest. It's all about the team. Apparently it's going to make the top four, but I don't know about that. They had so much ball in in good ball areas and they just couldn't score.
Speaker 4: Try they couldn't score more that more trump or was it more just the.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, this this team apparently is the top four team man, and they couldn't crack them. They kept on getting turned away and turned away. They're really good at getting downfield Cronola. When it comes to the red z own that nothing they got, they got, they got nothing. And you know what, this is what drives me about one million dollar me mines pines. He was poor today, he was pouring on. He played two good games two years. We played a good couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: He was poor? What? What? What? What? What annoys me? Actually? Now?
Speaker 8: Will Kennedy, Will Kennedy probably was the best player again again okay, And they offered him three hundred thousand dollars and he said yes, because the idiot will take anything because he wants to playing for Carnela and they've pulled the contract off the table. Yes, so I have no idea why that I want.
Speaker 4: To get more elsewhere? Would he probably would? But he wants to play Coronel. He wants to play for Coronel.
Speaker 8: Bullets in the Shire. The shy Boyea, they was terrible. Penal Blake was terrible. They got Blake grayly thank god, he's on fire and he was playing well.
Speaker 4: But in general. He rejected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he rejected a contract engine as well. Who got belted and got knocked out.
Speaker 4: Yes, the swinging army. You mean when someone got belted.
Speaker 8: He just went to judicially got found Jack White, Jack White, and shoulder charged.
Speaker 1: Who was to shoulder charge? Another fucking RhoD schollar there, Jack White.
Speaker 8: Anyway, he showed the charge, so he wasn't shoulder charge. But it was a head clash. But he just got You just got found guilty on that four weeks. Yeah, four weeks. So I don't know about that. I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: And Cambra offered him a million bucks to stay.
Speaker 8: And now have taken it. This game was a disappointed This disappo was a bit of lackluster. Wasn't a disappointed very And I would be buying Lewis Dodd an air fare ticket back to the North of England.
Speaker 4: Hundred thousand how much they paid for him. And you know how they found him.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't feed him, played three games, you wouldn't feed him. I do feel better than oh yeah I have. I have been watching I did watch him last year before. I did watch him last year the year before. It's Super League and I knew what was going to happen.
Speaker 2: I knew exactly, George for me to put it in perspective because we don't know if we can keep him shippers Psarkey is on eighty five K.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're I think you'll stay for salary cap squeeze, but I think you'll stay for rest.
Speaker 2: But you have guys that are not that good, and he's on eighty five K. I'll hire him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, I'm a fan of Japanese immortal.
Speaker 2: Contracts and stuff. We just remember that is what he's on comparing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you got you gotta, you gotta.
Speaker 14: Is there any third party money there? Keep? But you got to remember how he got to the Broncos. Yeah, I wander everywhere. Now he can talk Turkey, Now he can talk yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he'll stay too.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 8: So he'll stay, but he won't be getting eighty thousand. He'll be on three to four hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: No, I think all they can offer him is one.
Speaker 1: They've got a very very the caps tight. They're very especially if they're especially if they're going to keep Pass as well. Yeah, they've got to keep Pass on the market. Paint ass will be the highest paid paint game.
Speaker 8: They've got no option. They've got to keep paint, no option. The whole the whole system works around. It's one of the best fours I've seen, the whole system. The whole system works around paint. Huse, everything goes forward, everything goes through.
Speaker 4: He's a John. He's a John Scandali. Oh yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: I don't know if he's good as Scanned though, but my father loves Scanned every game t move loves loves scandall.
Speaker 1: That afternoon, the Raiders machine kept on a roll and forty four points to eighteen over the confusing Newcastle Knights.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to make of that team. Is it Newcastle terrible? Uh? And the Raiders the rail is.
Speaker 8: I got sort of this bug that they can put their foot down whenever.
Speaker 4: Can they do it when it matters to That's a very defense to hold. That's that's that's that's why I'm not sure. I don't think i've seen him.
Speaker 8: I've seen I've seen him in Cycle, I haven't seen him in grind so I can't wait to see I think last.
Speaker 4: Time played Canterbury. They're going to play one of those teams soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you guys were talking about Melbourne. I mean, I can't see past them this year. But it's I think I said it last week. It's one of those seasons where normally you've got two or three teams that you're put in the Grand Final and one of them is going to miss out. This year, I don't see it this year. I don't know who's going to be there. I think Melbourne will.
Speaker 4: Be I really but for your defense, Melbourne is a really good attacking team. Attacking I'm talking defense at the moment. Who's in the Grand Final? I gauge teams.
Speaker 2: Last Storm, they beat the Storm, I said to you as last year. Raiders are like those little ninja like they've just been ticking away, finessing their game. I'm not like they've they've had some of the hard games already.
Speaker 9: I'm just looking Dogs beat them around.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they're one boy two get to Storm.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would hope the Raiders and another team are in. Just switch it up a bit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: Honestly, this year I can honestly say I don't know Raiders.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: That'd be a good one.
Speaker 4: That'll be good final. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 8: But all I know is when they put their foot down and score all those tries, they look beautiful.
Speaker 4: They really do that.
Speaker 8: They're luscious some of the some of the players they've got have they got the defense in and rob That's what I don't know, Jamie.
Speaker 2: We've been saying this all years. We've been saying we don't know, and then we see them every week when we see them like pull out of scenarios where they shouldn't have pulled.
Speaker 8: Out, even strange. I mean, here Weeks, my god, Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Even.
Speaker 8: Papali has all of a sudden got a second second, second wind of life. And you know what, when everybody comes back to Owen, Patty's not even on the bench. That's how good they are. He's not even on the bench.
Speaker 4: And brough.
Speaker 2: Jedge Stewet so did in really nicely judge.
Speaker 8: Stewart again when everybody's back, he's not in the team.
Speaker 4: It's Stewart's So Saga is.
Speaker 2: Really good as well. Like they've got Weeks's young.
Speaker 4: That's young. That's killing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Camera Cambra is one of those. It's like I said about the Dolphins, like they're not a threat because everyone's like, oh, you know, it's a new team. Same with camera Camber doesn't belong to any kind of state, but they're and same with Warriors, but they're just going to cruise along and you'll see and look who's look who's in, Like you know, up and coming Warriors, Dolphins, Dolphins on as much Raiders. They've got that extra chip on their shoulder that Queenslanders have, so they work a bit harder.
Speaker 1: Queenslanders don't have a chip on his shoulder at all.
Speaker 2: With poor cousin.
Speaker 4: Remember, we're going to stop that ship right now. We need to do.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I'm happy with that. I'm going to jump off, guys.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I've got a massive day tomorrow and I've got a few things I've just popped up.
Speaker 4: Good luck with everything.
Speaker 2: Good luck and Andy needs to you need to get a fourth seat in there, because I think Andy should.
Speaker 8: Still be regular regular spot lost.
Speaker 4: I've been dropped. The cup.
Speaker 1: Captain, I can't put on over my headset. But yeah for the cameras, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got proof, video proof, I've got photo everything, and give my thank.
Speaker 4: One day I will meet you in the flesh. Good Luck.
Speaker 1: I talked to you right, all right, now we're on the screen.
Speaker 4: We're on the screen. It doesn't look like.
Speaker 15: A fucking point, doesn't It doesn't look as good as it did five seconds ago.
Speaker 4: Anybody.
Speaker 1: Bulldogs forty two points to four over the Eagles. Everyone including me, was expecting a close game.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 4: What happened me to? You know? You know what, I won't lie. I didn't see it. I watched it. I watched it. You know what.
Speaker 8: The Professor brought his team down and he was going to use the same tactics that he's used the full last meetings in Nicola and where they got to win. And what that was was he was going to desecrate our middles. And guess what, the first ten to fifteen minutes it was working a treat Nicola. He absolutely ripped our middles. But the game got on. As the game went on went on, went on the arm wrestle, and then the grind started. And then the minute the grind started, you could see cracks period everywhere. And let let me let me point some stats out. Bulldogs had eighty seven percent possession. They made a thousand more running a thousand more running meters than Manly, a thousand more running thousands, a thousand more running meters than mainly so they had they had eleven. They had eleven line breaks compared to two. There kicking meters Nicola three hundred and fifty mainly and we had one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 4: Eight kick meters.
Speaker 8: The off flayers were twenty one to twenty one to eight. They actually dominated this this game. The other possession it was the possession well we had actually I don't know, I didn't write that one and mate, but it would have been high.
Speaker 4: It would have been high, I.
Speaker 8: Get it now, Uh possession, No, No, we only had we had fifty six percent and forty four so that's that's that's pretty big. So I loved it. I loved it. This this combined cycle with grind what I talk about when you put it two together, that's the top of rugby leaguy. I like good hard rugby league.
Speaker 4: Burden burden, burden, burden.
Speaker 8: So what happens with with the youngster in Galvian It releases Burden to run and just run, do what he's good at.
Speaker 4: Run.
Speaker 8: So they let they let Lucky control and you know what, how quickly he's learned from a couple of weeks ago who he wanted to do everything, to be calm, to look in front of him, and to play, to play very squeat, come down to coaching absolutely for half an hour, comes down and just answered the question. Yeah, so so he's he's in three weeks, he's completely changed his game, and they've he's playing a cannibyway. Not yet, but he's playing a candy way. He'll just keep on getting better. So what that does is he releases Burton to run and run and run. I really feel sorry for Tommy Bronson. Cherry absolutely schooled him that he was the spot. And I don't know why you spot him up, but he was the spot and they were just buzzing around him and they just exposed his outside shoulders.
Speaker 4: They ripped it off.
Speaker 8: At some stage he missed about four tackles which led it lead into two tries and too bad, too mad breaks caras caras mate for a winger for a winger. If he's not wearing green, origin must be must be any and this and this very maligned lightweight pack Nicola, uh, you know mobile that.
Speaker 4: Made fun of us. We're small, but guess what.
Speaker 8: But the mobile we absolutely destroyed the middles of manly and I really enjoyed it because they've beat us four times now.
Speaker 1: A lot of criticism came the Bulldogs weighing the lead up to this one as well, so they haven't been anyone and considering handle these last up when this was emphatic, it's.
Speaker 8: The star, it's the way we did it, it's the style we used it now now and.
Speaker 4: I saw the highlights. Burton had an absolute big game watch.
Speaker 1: I still don't understand, sorry to digress as the eight leenth man, why he didn't take the number six jumping from New Solf?
Speaker 4: Wow? Or why? Why? Why? Why would Lorie Daily and no offense to Jacob kras but why would you bring in a winner as eighteenth man? Again? A winner on them anyway, Burton had had a pearl. Yeah, so sorry, so back to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I enjoyed it as the game got on and we just kept on grinding them mainly, just kept on, just kept on going backwards and backwards and backwards mainly. Won't make the eighth, No, they're not good enoughing what I expect from Canterbury is to build on this, on his victory and to that's it click.
Speaker 4: In Now, when's the time of the you gotta click now.
Speaker 8: Now now, dogs of war. Now, now, now grind. I'm expecting them to grind the gold case into the ground to oblivion this week and just to keep on up there there and just to continue that role. So you can cycle, which which thing does which canbra cycles? I haven't seen them grind the Canterbury Melbourne canby grind. The thing is you go do together. You got to cycle and grind together. That's what happened. Canterbury is a grinding team. Will grind you down and were you out and then put you asleep, and and and and you would understand this, g Man. I enjoy watching that Top of Rugby League because of the eighties team, because because back in the eighties the Canoby team had no no way in the world to be in the same category as the paramounta team, no way on paper, we shouldn't be even on the same paper that would weigh you down the style I mean, for God's.
Speaker 4: Sake, Ken, Kenny, Kenny Sterling, that's it right there, Kenny.
Speaker 8: Sterling, that's it. Let's see they should rip us apart. But guess what we would suck him into a dog, bring you down to your level and just do. What I like about the dog is is they're scrambling, so don't mister tackle. That's okay, But that's a scramble. That's a culture culture and that's club based. When you walk, like I said, you walk in the door and good gives you a history lesson to.
Speaker 4: You something amazing.
Speaker 8: I'll toll you something that happened this year. And on the weekend they show that they're still together. When Galvin, when you get Galvin in and you just got one of your mates going back to you, rat you've got you have surely you had to rattle the team and guess what. They went out this week and they love each other so much.
Speaker 4: The coverage called the meeting straight away and addressed the issue. Of course, said you ever hear the play it all together? Boys, that's a club ramp. That's what I'm talking. It's like it's missing. But everybody hasn't got feel good.
Speaker 8: There's enough people being around feel good. They also have in the change with everything. They have these affirmation signs that they and they believe in the team. First team, you know, do the same, have started doing the same under rolls. I've heard of red something I'll do something that I know for a fact because I watch a lot of video. I've been watching them now for two years, and I watched most of the games twice to understand the defensive the defensive structure. And I still haven't got it. I still haven't got it. I went to Billmore to watch them training. And if you see how the when they're doing d if you see how they field is gritted up so it works with threes, so you're you're you're three. Then when the ball passes, he drops off and you're going three, you're covering up.
Speaker 4: So he's got this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so there's this system. And then the scramble. So the scramble, they've got signs for scrambling coming around the back. I'll tell you something. There was an eighty meter bust, not not this week, a couple of weeks ago. Eighty meter bust got tackled, okay, held him down a bit. He got up and I looked back and the line was set. Line was the line was set. And these these these are the things.
Speaker 4: That as the games wrong. And these are things that effort. That's it. That's it. You coached that into a team.
Speaker 8: You coach the teams. You coach that in the team. Yeah my point, absolutely, Yeah, Yeah, I loved that. I really enjoyed this game. I love seeing grind and I love seeing I don't care if it's carib anyway, I don't care. It could be paned, I don't care. I love seeing teams grinding the other team into the ground and just just rub, you know, rub it. I actually my favorite game of the year was the pen of Canbary game Grind Fair. It was it was a cycle and grind. It was the best, so good, it was so good, and and this first half was brutal. The first half was absolutely they were losing it mainly were losing the type, but they kept on coming. They believe that they're gonna run over him. They kept on coming. That big front roll whatever his name is, who got Lodge. Lodge was on on on roll. Matt Lodge was on on on a different planet, just trying to smash everybody. But you know what, they kept on smashing him and he got penalties. He got He considered the penalties because well, the and the ruck wire rolling the right quicker in the minute you're rolling the right quicker, when the referee looks up well, you look you look like you're doing something. Your hands on the wall, you're holding up yeah, yeah, yeah, So I love I love this one, and I can't wait to see the next.
Speaker 1: This week we'll get we'll get into that at the moment, just to the Dolphins had to buy. We'll learn the rest for them being do you reckon I'll make the eight Dolphins. I'd love to see hope, I really hope so well, put that X factor in there.
Speaker 8: That's going to do what they're going to do on the day they're coming eighth now, and I do not believe, you know what, that's the eight. That's how it's going to finish. I don't believe the Seagules won't make it and won't make it.
Speaker 4: That's it. You think that's the now how it finishes.
Speaker 1: We've got four or five six games, five games, five games left, I think that's I think that's it. Let's move in the crystal ball, will do our tips for the upcoming week Thursday night storm. Let's move to the next game. See, yeah, what it's is exactly where they're playing down there now here. But this is exactly what you said, is my PTSD right, It's like sixty eight. There's no Look, there's no Jerome Hughes peraps back perhaps backps.
Speaker 4: My god, he touris the shreds in realm.
Speaker 8: So we playing seven, which I thought I thought the thing would be lost. But you know again, you know, I'll reiterate what I was saying on Friday. I just want to be competitive, you know, I don't mind going down if we compete.
Speaker 4: You know, I'll go one step first.
Speaker 1: I don't want to lose. I don't want to be thirty six at halftime. A get you know what I mean, So.
Speaker 8: That won't happen. I'll go one step further on a on a really really big high. I think, pall get the chocolates here, becore.
Speaker 4: I think different with Mitch.
Speaker 10: Believe.
Speaker 8: I don't believe the storm this year so far, and I'll get it together and again Mitch will would will tell you what you wouldn't want to be Mitch's dog, you know what I mean. He'll kick you to death. And don't forget the connection between Lax and.
Speaker 4: They also got Coach on the wing too. You've got a big unit on the wing, you know, win all that in the air.
Speaker 8: This this is an intriguing game. I can't wait to watch it. Harry, Harry Grant is the key big game. Harry Grants and the Peasants are on the on the bench first interchange as well, so he's ready to pull the trigger. John Crees, he's ready to pull the trigger for the Wish. So that's going to be interesting. Give me, give me paramat Nicola, give me the tough one storm any storm storms.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: Friday night, the Warriors are hosting the Dolphins at home. I'm going to get the Dolphins away. Pressure off of break Warriors unimpressive last week.
Speaker 4: What about you, guys? Yeah, I worried. I know I can speak for Yeah. Look the war the Warriors are shaking. I really want to.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm fascinated with the Warriors. I love Nickel Nickels, I love him, I love him.
Speaker 4: I love him more.
Speaker 8: But when I look on the other side, the best, one of the best future halfbacks in the world. Guitar kid, he's going to be You know what, how did Nick Arena get well in his back at six?
Speaker 1: Nick Arena's back at six? He did a Fisher Harris Man. The guy came back in three weeks, two weeks. Yeah, anyway, give me, give me the Fins.
Speaker 4: I'm going to fins. Give me the.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Following game up at sun Corps Stadium, the Broncos are hosting the Rabbit's one way traffic for me, especially last week, definitely the Bronx.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, Yeah, the depleted, the poor Rabbits, and they've gotta and the other team's got to point the proof.
Speaker 4: So yeah, opening on.
Speaker 1: Saturday, the poor Titans cost the going to come crashing back down to They're at home to the Panthers.
Speaker 8: Panthers, I'll go pen I can't say, Hendry full stack and working working their way back into the form. Unfortunately, the Titans, you know when you get that shaking, filling feeling when you're drowning because.
Speaker 4: You actually like watching them play. Penderful, watching them throw the ball around. I like him.
Speaker 8: They'll be making lots of mistakes because they'll be choking. You'll get eating alive when you make mistakes against I will go for an upset in the next one. I really will, and will and Saint George hosting Canberra.
Speaker 4: I just think.
Speaker 1: Canberra I saw some vulnerabilities last week against Power and I think they just probably need to drop one before we get to the Semis and the dragons. They're so unpredictable, soe many games they should have won this year, at least four or five games that had in the bag, and they blew it. I'll go for an upset. I'll go for the dragons at home in this one.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm ye.
Speaker 8: I can't do I can't do it. I just think of last week and hell, they couldn't. They couldn't catch a I couldn't. They couldn't catch a cold. Give me, give me the give me the raided.
Speaker 4: And I just can't do it.
Speaker 1: The next one, the next one is the toughest tip for me at Brookvale, mainly hosting the roosters.
Speaker 4: I think I'll go mainly, Well, you're going mainly one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't, I don't. I don't like none of the I think both of them. I think both of them draw yeah, I don't think both of them are good. Give me, give me the russles just to be different. Just give me the ruses to be different.
Speaker 1: And Sunday afternoon at o cool two pm, am I saying right here, I need I need to put my glasses on Facebook one fifty five, not two o'clock one fifty five Tigers at tom Bank in the.
Speaker 4: Bulldogs bullerback, bullerback.
Speaker 8: Very hard, very hard to go against the upset Tigers twenty four to twelve.
Speaker 4: Was back here. Anyone missing for the Dogs, George, we look like we're pretty full house. Max.
Speaker 8: We've got some forward injuries, but they'll they'll come back and the backs.
Speaker 4: Are I've got to get the Bulldogs. I can't. I can't see them dropping.
Speaker 8: This oh cond of traces out for probably the rest of the year. Oh really, Yeah, so they got kit full back. The full back, yeah, got injured, and I don't reckon. We's too bad. I have not I don't think he'll be back. He's a good player, so that's probably one change might upset the pattern. But yeah, I look, I can't see it.
Speaker 1: I can't sip against the Dogs at this point. And closing under round the Shark is as Shark Parker hosting the North Queensland Cowboys, and I'll go at home.
Speaker 8: Yeah at the prison Nicola, no one gets out there. No one gets out from the prison alive. You know what, I would pick the Cowboys if there's only one small issue that they let they lack it.
Speaker 4: They can't tackle so I'll cowboys. Yeah, cowboys, they can't tackle and pain your boys. The Sharks they're not haven't me, they haven't impressed me man on them and in the Cowboy I mean this, this is a this is a tricky one.
Speaker 1: Look, I'll lean on because they're at home. The Cowboys haven't traveled well this year. But the Cowboys are a lot like the dragons. You just don't know what you're going to get week to week, very unpredictable.
Speaker 4: I'll stay.
Speaker 1: I'll stick with the Sharks on this one. And and Newcastle get the two points. Vira, bye George.
Speaker 4: And how good is it that Dan Gogle got sound another contract with Newcastle? Ga guy? Yeah, one or two another year? Good?
Speaker 8: Good, good good. I thought they're going to discard him.
Speaker 4: Good. He's been one of the been good for me that he got a contract. I'm happy he's been good.
Speaker 8: He's been he's been one of the best. And look, I don't know what's happening. The ship showed there at Newcastle, but he's he's probably the amly guide in so that's good.
Speaker 4: Thompson had a good game. Did you see Thompson play? I can't wait to come. What's going to who's the one going to the game. Don't well you got to the times got worse.
Speaker 8: Nope, is good, trust me, Joy. I didn't think I was going to have too much because I thought we might run into time issues. But what we are doing, Innica she we're following, following the plight in terms of n r l W of the Paramatta, the Paramatta team and game. Yeah, the Paramatta team and the Broncos team. Unfortunately, we got look, we got some issues at the moment Nicola. The Knights came down here at Granville and they put thirty on us.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, I thought you said they were good. They were good. They are good. They are good, they are good.
Speaker 8: They just had enough week We're still we're still top four in the SEMIS. Broncos absolutely smacked the Dragons Nicola thirty two to six, and we've got to of course cast the eye on the premiership favorites Roosters. They played the hatless Canary Banks own team and they smacked us as well.
Speaker 4: It was their first.
Speaker 8: I thought they might a be better. But forty to twenty two Nicola, So we didn't have a good weekend in the end w with Nicola unfortunately.
Speaker 4: But better next week.
Speaker 8: In terms of Super League, they had a split round for some reason because this week is usually their international week and they play France and they're not going to play France again because they kept on bring them by eighty Nils. They've given that up, so they've had a split round. So I'll talk about it next week. But Big Sam is getting rid of the mad Italian in the front rower. What's your name, barbecue Man? What already calls him barbecue man, the guy who does because COVID.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Vaughn.
Speaker 8: Vaughn getting rid of him, and he's looking for a club in Sydney. Yeah, and I signed maybe Paras should sign him. They signed a thirty five year old Jack de Bellen.
Speaker 4: Yeah but yeah five play your player, Yeah but thirty five one season, once win.
Speaker 8: Anyway, he's gone down to York so it's the second division team Vaughn has. Yeah, he's gone down to your second division team there. And next week I'm going to start breaking down some of the contenders in this segment because there's a lot of different styles that that in the eighth this year, and I've got no idea who's going to be in the final, nor do I know which style is going to prevail, because usually there's one style of the last five or six years won the comp the one team is one of four and then we've got Melbourne they play very similar style. But this year is unique because in the top eight we've got lots of different styles of rugby league playing. So I might actually break breakdown and give my opinion at the end of at the end of our every at the end of every breakdown, I'll try to keep it short.
Speaker 4: I won't. I try not to go nerdy too much nerdy on it because I can get really do. Aparently every team that won has come from the other one position. Yeah, no one's ever won since param made it from six positions and can played penrith. I'm going like twenty when you camera twenty twenty two, wasn't it when Paramatta? Yeah, twenty two. They're the only team that's come from six playing in the final. Yeah, so one has been one, two or three? Yeah, so it's one to or three. Well, that that's right, not many, not many teams. It must be too hard to win it outside of the eighth because you play that one extra game and that's yeah. If you don't if yeah, It's funny.
Speaker 1: If I was a coach and you had a competitive team, the first thing I'd say on opening day of pre season training is I just said, boys, answer me one question. Can we win four games in a row. If the answers, if you believe you can, we can win the camp.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Basically, that's what it comes down to. Basically, at the end of the pen's got to win seven. Yeah we get there. I mean make there. That won't make because the last three games Melbourne Canterbury. But yeah, yeah, if you beat all that, then you've got your semi finals and they'll get your top four. They are that'll get your top four. It's like the Tigers in ninety eighty eight had to win virtually every eleven I remember Brooks ten games was like a grand final. Every game Keept in a Grand final. So they came fifth in the playoffs. That Squeaze in playoffs played Penrith. That's right, That's right. So yeah, it's it's hard to do. Yeah what and you video Reckon is going to be in the Grand Final. I think Canterbury. You don't think Melbourne canning. You're hesitaining. I'd love canber being there, just but I think it will be Melbourne Canterbury if they don't meet Melbourne can if they don't meet in the way.
Speaker 8: Right at this moment, will be that will be the first semi final. Play two, plays three, then spl you can get a second chance they split then yeah, then they split. There's a way they can a ways to go, yeah, way long, way one or two. So I just said that kind of Tracy got injured and probably probably won't come back.
Speaker 4: To Huges out to semi final time until semi final. But they they got pas, They're stacked.
Speaker 1: And these are guys who signed contracts happy to play second fiddles. Tells you something about that club, right, culture of the club. That tells you something about when you when you sign. It's interesting like with Paramounted this year we've been struggling for a hook us into read money left. This young Riley Smith came from Penrith, right, it's so good debut this year, doing really well. Then they go and sign the silver. Yeah something different And three days after signing the silver, Riley Smith extended amazing the obviously sat them down and said, boys, this is the plan I had and they're both playing and I believe you I believe you need a hook on the bench. I reckon dummy half. You need to keep it fresh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and two different tops of his delivery from off the ground and he.
Speaker 4: Extended three days after they signed it. It's like you go back to and I'll take it to Soccer Champions League. Your bench has to be as strong as your starting line up. But it's but it's good. It's good when when they buy into that. Yeah, you know what I mean. The culture.
Speaker 1: Just Riley Smith's in the position where we could have gone like someone to look elsewhere, but he goes, no, no, I'm happy with the player, you know, because you need a fresh dummy half.
Speaker 4: I believe you need a fresh halfs and and the good thing is if you've got two different and George has got the perfect, should have the perfect with Cook and then little coming up. It's not working with Cook. I don't think Cook cooks the shadow of his former self.
Speaker 8: I think he's got one more year and then they won't take his tracked up list gives it a go.
Speaker 4: Passionate. Look.
Speaker 1: If does nothing else, he's always safe as a bank. If he does nothing.
Speaker 8: Else, mind you, Saint George, as we saw King Tonga, coming up. Pretty pretty stacked. King Tonga pretty mean me remember King Tonga. And so the two teams that well, yeah, I mean teams that are completely utter. The underneath stack that i've seen is the Tigers, Saint George and Paramounta actually Paramedta. I've got two kids a back roller. I can't reader their names, but i've seen them.
Speaker 1: They just signed a Brisbane kid. They signed the Brisbane kid on Friday who apparently the Broncos were pissed that they got away.
Speaker 4: He's a forward. The guy looks twelve. He's playing Australian school boys. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 11: You guys are absolutely stacked up. It's ridiculous stack. Honestly, it's ridiculous. See your microphones, can't. I know it's at the end of the I've got to get a new court, I think.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's me. That's a wrap. Andy.
Speaker 1: You got anything for us you want to, I just like to thank you for having me on until job. You're welcome to join us at anytime.
Speaker 4: You can even call in. You can cut here, come and sit beside me here. We can fit all five of us in anytime. Maybe we've got to stack the Italians against inimy number. These guys will know Greeks. These guys know a fourteen year old Greek playing and everyone's Greek. Yeah, I heard last week and going on about this one's Greek, this one's Greek. Everyone's great. The fullback from.
Speaker 1: Waycon Tank looked him up. He's Sipriate, sipriot Greek, sipri sae different say.
Speaker 4: They say the Greeks invented sexy Italians. Just women we got we made up. Look, we got the wrong people. We definitely love to have your back, especially around any time. Call me any time and I'll be here thanks to man and uh And that's it.
Speaker 1: So that's a wrap for tonight's episode again, episode one hundred and ten, George one hundred and ten couple. They said we'd never make anyone who said that, but a lot of pods apparently don't don't go that far.
Speaker 4: But we've done one hundred and ten episodes. Can I just add one thing? Last week I listened and Nick was talking about the internationals. You know there's people that fly over, fly over somehow. I thin I want to play for some mo I agree under Nick. That's just my opinion.
Speaker 1: Nick, that's just my and apparently now Land is going to alter the origin eligibility play.
Speaker 4: You can play for New South Isles, and you can play for Samow and you can play for Timbuktu and all.
Speaker 8: There should be one national saying you ever played for Australia. Okay, and that's it. I don't disagree that you've got to separate the two. I don't agree we're in where you can play New South files. Can I say you can represent New Southiles but then you can go and play for Tonga.
Speaker 4: Can I say white? That?
Speaker 1: Can I say White's bullshit? And why the whole thing is a manipulation to create a manufactured competition, Because the Samour team should be thirteen pricks we've never heard of from Samowa, not from Sydney. Right, the Lebanon team should be for eleven. No, the Tongua team should come from Tonga, not from Australia. We're picking all these other countries from the Australian cop So.
Speaker 4: You do realize that that's the cream of the tongue and people are playing in yourself, I agree with they're playing.
Speaker 8: So you do realize that you can't become n R standard if you don't play in the NRL.
Speaker 4: Then they shouldn't be playing internationals. They're not. You don't play internationals. The game can't expand it's done fine for one hundred and twenty years. I agree, I agree. If you look, if you put the Blues jersey on you, if you're good enough to play for New South Wales, how can you say you can play for Tongue later? Why can't, like Nick said, because the Three Games back in the day, in the eighties and nineties, the Three Games of Origin was a pre selection for the Australian Wars. Back in the day, come on which Whi's called a span? Yeah you've got a guy playing, well, you can play, you can play five? Was that? What year?
Speaker 10: Was it?
Speaker 4: What bigger?
Speaker 8: What was the percentage of of Orlanders in the competition?
Speaker 15: No one, Nows are a lot more competitive than now.
Speaker 4: In the early nineties England were very competitive. Now now I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm not going to say that England and England they don't play, they can't play anything, but completely different.
Speaker 4: The whole idea that for me to have Tonga, Samoa, New Zealand, Cook Island's competitive. At the end of the day, it all comes down the money. For me, it can't be tiered. If you're playing in the same match for the same trophy, that's not different levels. I don't want a guy playing who outright declares his even at the countries. You know, if a guy plays for Tonga and he plays in the owneral, I've got an issue with that, not a problem. You can represent your country because you do that in you do that in the city are you're doing in the English Premier League. You can play for Manchester you're not, but still play for Belgium. I've got no problem playing that. My problem is you want to play, you want to play state of origin, but then you want to represent Okay, fucking Tonga or somehow so when they've already played for they've already played for Australia. Some of them are okay, but they only played second there because they can't get They couldn't get in your shining team, which is pathetic. They're going to do. If you can't make it, then you don't make it.
Speaker 8: They're gonna they're going to stop that. So so let's separate the two. Let's separate origin, let's separate club, and let's separate internationals. Okay, let's say there was a there's a kid who either was born here or by fourteen, he's in Australia and he plays his first.
Speaker 4: Games here. Okay, so he's he can he can pick who everyone's to represent.
Speaker 8: Okay, can stick and and yeah he picks he picks them.
Speaker 4: Old great, eligible to play in our whatever's because you have just said you've declared Australian. He's not Australia. The more you playing, if it's not, if you're playing for some hour, you're forfeiting you.
Speaker 8: And you know what, they're probably going to change that because i've heard for Lan, I read his newsletter every second week. They're probably going to change that. But do you realize what you're going to do to the Origin arena.
Speaker 1: It'll be fine, it'll be fine. It was fine without a guy you're talk about. You're talking about a.
Speaker 4: Competition that I think, I think you should be an All Star. You're talking about a competition, but that's a different game. Wrong, you're a guy played for the Indigenous, like you saw that Maori against the gay guy. One year played for the Indigenous and the next year played for the Maury's.
Speaker 1: You're talking about it because half you're talking about a competition that made its very name on the back of a reserve grade player, and you're worried about whether or not it will survive. Arthur Beaton was playing reserve whoever is fine power playing reserve grade thirty five in origin one.
Speaker 8: You know what, that was a long long time ago and they were in a different world back then.
Speaker 4: It's like the Queenslanders stick to that tradition of of the of the Jersey and and I still that. I still believe.
Speaker 8: I still believe if you're bornie or you say you're a new yourself, I still believe that. And we will never have the passion that the Queenslanders, which you were there, we went and we done. Unfortunately we haven't. But regardless of that, I believe. Also it's up to the to the coaches, because that's what Billy does, that's.
Speaker 4: What takes him to the draws.
Speaker 8: He tells them, He tells them about the culture, He draws about being a marine.
Speaker 4: So how did you do that to a guy who boast for New Southwest but he's representing Samoa or Donga or whatever has he got that draw down? And it was down.
Speaker 1: So if a plant isn't good enough to make Australia. It's like Tina, he's played for Australia, how many times he might change his mind and play for to come on?
Speaker 8: That's wrong too. I don't agree with that either. But sometimes and and us been of a different culture. For arguments sake, we have such belief and can love for our parents for argument sake, and your mom, because my dad's told me things and I've taken as gospel. I've taken it as God gospel and thinking about it, now, shouldn't I shouldn't have. And I see Costa takes take things and cause of my son, he takes things as gospel. When I say, when I think about it, I go, well, no, cost don't take it as gospel. Okay, But maybe they're so passionate about representing.
Speaker 4: If you had to play for Greece or Australia, who would you pick. I was born in Australia, of course, Nick Australia. I'm the same. But I can't but I can't change. You've heard of Christian Veri, the soccer player Australian Italy.
Speaker 1: You've heard you might not come on? Who won the World Cup with Italy? To choose between Brazil Argentina and Italy who.
Speaker 4: Very he played for Marconi, his parents dad played for once. To make a choice, that's it. See the difference is you can't change in rugby league.
Speaker 8: We're manufacturing this competition by saying if you're not good enough to make this team, he's got for this team.
Speaker 4: That it's ridiculous pick one. If you're not going to have to make it, you don't make it. Yeah, I understand the aric I can understand. I can understand do we for Tigers? With all due respect, he's not going to make the Australian team, So by all means, I've got no problem. Do you not think the Australian jersey has has lost its value?
Speaker 1: With all these people expecting from it, people like Junior Paulo, people like if Tina does, all these players who once wore the Australian jumper with nothing, you're defecting from it.
Speaker 4: I also don't like seeing Australian winning fifty. Well, we shouldn't be playing. Do you remember? You should you remember when when we were younger, the eighties kangaroos, How prestigious was it to where the green and gold from eighty two? It should be trying nations in that.
Speaker 1: If the like I said last week, if the Polynesians won't have a team, make a West Indies version of it, right, But you're playing for that, you're not playing for as quite competitive. If you look at the Simonan team, there's this four hundred Origin players there.
Speaker 4: Tonguan team is quite competitive. There are competitive And I got no problem with having those teams if you pick.
Speaker 1: If you pick the Tongue And team today and the Simons if they're playing each other tonight, and then I say to you, whatever those two teams are, I want you to strip out anyone who's played for Australia or Origin. You know you've got left ship, you've got nothing left, but you've got reserve grade left. That's it again. They in the manufacturing and international competition. They're trying to the n r L is manufacturing an international competition.
Speaker 6: That I know.
Speaker 4: I get a bite.
Speaker 8: I think I think you're look, he's going to do what your user all suggested.
Speaker 4: I don't think. I think you've got you gotta pick. You can't you can't play Origin. No, I don't want to play for a Stralia. Australian cheapens many minute. I agree with that they should pick one. But but they should be able to pick up play origin. Why because they were born or though he then did they play for you're born in Australia, but you yourself, you pick Australia, you know, so then they should have to face that choice. Then they can pick, but they get a choice, and the I'm not going to make No one's telling you you can't pick some up. You're not playing origin. You're gonna make a choice. You can't present an Australian state and a foreign country at the same time. It's absurd. It doesn't make any sense to me. Again, I understand what you're saying. And at the time, if you look in rugby union is the barbarians when you've got England, Wales, Scotland. But that's what.
Speaker 8: I understand. What I agree with yours. I don't disagree with you. But I look at the game, and I look at the international arena, and I look at longevity, and I honestly believe this is the best sins.
Speaker 4: I don't think we need it.
Speaker 1: I think if we have the Super League of Internationals right Australia, Britain, New Zealand, for me, it's worked for one hundred and twenty years, but we can't. It's worked one hundred twe you show me, you share me footage of the eighty two to eighty six.
Speaker 8: Can we still work on a model which was which was made nineteen seventy two?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: Because the world goes forward.
Speaker 8: Well, it's like I told me, it's the same, exactly the same.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you they've expanded the competitions to include countries that we've never heard of.
Speaker 4: You, I don't agree. Where you have a World Cup team and I'll go back to dug soccer where you have the French national team. Not one of them was born in French. No, they're all born in French colonial which makes you eligible eligible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know it's the great People are going to call me racists for saying this, but it's I don't give a ship. The greatest email I've ever seen in my life. I've got an email once that said evidence of global warming. They had a pad of the French national team in sixty six they're all white and in the nineties they're all black.
Speaker 8: They were colored them because they're all colonial, French colonial, and most of the French England sorry, and French can draw from.
Speaker 4: The colonial island. But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: How many, whether it's France or any other international soccer team at the World Cup level, how many times have you seen a player represent more than one country?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 1: Never, never happened, because they've got to pick, and that's it enough to make it enough you play for If.
Speaker 4: I and I agree, that's an issue.
Speaker 8: I agree that's an issue if they are when they enter the in our rule, when they get their contracts, they pick a country. Let's say let's say I picked some Yeah, okay, okay, so I don't I don't go from one to the other, Okay, but I was born here.
Speaker 4: I don't think it should be done when you first joint.
Speaker 1: You're talking about later on. I couldn't give a ship. If Brian Too is not in the New South Wales team, Jacob kras will be there.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: We have got Australian players who can play origin, right and and if we're going to open it up to these bullfads, then we should have opened it up to New Zealand as well.
Speaker 4: I agree with it, you know what I mean just open it up to anyone, anyone. If you're born here, really what it is because you're born here, if you're born certainly have to be to be born here, that you have to play your first game where you're born. Greg English was born in New Southales. Peter Sterling was born in Queensland.
Speaker 8: But but I'm saying, I'm saying if I was, if you're born here, or you're yourself, if your heritage is small, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: What your heritage, because you're you're Australian citizen, you're Australian. I would proudly play for New South Wales and I would double proudly play for Australia. Same. I'm with you, not a problem. So I love my Italian heritage. I love it. But if I push comes to chef, I'm going there. But because I don't make the Australian team, oh I'll go and play for That's what they can do. They can do that. They can't especially to walk up you. They can do that.
Speaker 8: I'm saying, get rid of that. Okay, it's I don't like it either. But the other bit, if you're born here, I think you should be able to Was was Loui Bornie. I don't know, boy for you if you can't look, I think they're going to change it. They're having a mother's a meeting.
Speaker 4: It's too much options.
Speaker 8: I think they're going to make some Tonga the first team nation and that's Look, if.
Speaker 4: You picked guys, there'd be outstanding teams. I love watching the the boys play. It's not Origin anymore. But not in Origin, not in Orangintha.
Speaker 8: Well that's I think that's what they're gonna they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: That's what because the Origin pomp was pre selection for the Australia. If you remember, and thinking fun will get in, or will get in? Well, Sterling get in or you That's how it was. And when they picked the Australian to him, you go, there's nine Queenslanders in five there was a French then remember yeah, I used to that. I should be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look, we'll see what's going to happen. And I get and I'll get the premise on.
Speaker 4: On if disrespect because they're all great players. But I don't mean the disrespect. But I just think I'm a bit more passionate when it comes to the Green and Golden. They're manufacturing the competition. That's all they're doing in.
Speaker 12: A way, yes, because they've got to get Yes, yes, yes it is, but they've got to manufacture.
Speaker 8: If you don't call it the Islanders or the game.
Speaker 4: Standard competition in some you can't be let me finish. Shouldn't be in the picture. It's that simple. But let's go and create a team in Zimbabwe. How many right, you know what I mean? How many?
Speaker 8: How many players Australians in soccer? How many players play at a high level. So nearly every European country, in every South American country play at a very high level. We're talking hundreds of thousands of players.
Speaker 4: How many World Cups have we had?
Speaker 8: What a minute, we haven't got hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 4: How many World Cups have we had? I don't know.
Speaker 1: The first time was in nineteen thirty you mean soccer. Yeah, that's almost one hundred years, four years, right, How many teams have won it?
Speaker 4: Nine? Nine?
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a reason for that because they haven't manufactured. Other countries. Ukream rice is to the top.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: If there's not an NRL standard competition in our country nowhere and nowhere, not even England, then those countries shouldn't be in the picture.
Speaker 4: But you can't look within. You got to you got to look without. There's nothing they ever look at. We're creating it from within. We're manufacturing it from within. There's nothing they're to look at, but you're developing players in it.
Speaker 8: You've got the only way they're going to be NRL players is to playing in our rule way that a rugby league player is going to.
Speaker 4: How much to their best potential?
Speaker 1: How much to play and how much better would the Australian team be when there's thirty players fighting for those thirty spots like it used to be, instead of thirty players being spread out over three different countries.
Speaker 4: So so you want Australia to win fifteen every week? That's not That's not what I saw growing up. No, not in said that.
Speaker 1: Growing up, I saw great, great games against especially great Britain. I saw great competition growing up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, well that's probably the only team we'll have competitive games.
Speaker 4: There's only three countries in rugby league that not competitive. That's that's what they're trying to address. They're manufacturing. Okay, that's my point. You want to call that, yes, let's manufacturer. I disagree with that. I think we've losing the thing because I think we're concentrated more than I was talking more about State of Origin. Okay, well you can't. I think, play for State of Origin, then go and played for some other. That was my point.
Speaker 8: I've got no problem with show having an international side. I mean, can I just say I don't disagree with you. I don't disagree either, But what do you.
Speaker 4: Play star State of Origin for? Originally?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: What was stayed against? State? Passionate against? But also you're playing for the Jersey. It was a selection troll. I don't think it really is anymore. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: That's the point, because I don't think I don't think it would be anyway. Even if you don't get those players you're talking about tongs, I don't think it'd be.
Speaker 1: Weal we talked about the new South Wales jumper doesn't mean as much as the Queen's They jumper. The Australian jumper means even less because so many people have defected from it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't want to wear that ship. I don't want to play for Tonga. What we're talking about the Australian jumper. Yeah, they're walking away from it. Yeah, I'll say it again. I I don't know about they're walking away from it.
Speaker 8: I like, I like, we've gone now because all of a sudden we've developed a matter of factur you want to call it, three other countries which are of high level.
Speaker 1: And I know very I know there are Sydney based players who are Australians who are wearing a different countries jersey.
Speaker 4: That's regardless of I haven't got a problem. I've got an issue with that. I don't mind him playing for whatever. I just don't play Origin. But don't play Origin. That's that's my Origin. Yourself isn't ineligible to play Origin because you know what, I choose to play for New Zealand Origin. That's my point. Origin doesn't need them.
Speaker 8: Well, look at the end of the day, comes comes September or November. When they get together, they're going to make look look at yourself. The first thing a first.
Speaker 1: Blue eyes ineligible because it's someone Burton goes into five eight is ineligible because whoever he plays for Carrass comes in.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter who it is. We've got the team. Yeah, there's six in each team.
Speaker 1: Origin suffer from whoever these guys are. Yeah, it never has.
Speaker 8: I understand what you're saying. But also also those particular players that we're talking about, and.
Speaker 4: It cheapens their origin ornament as well.
Speaker 8: Okay, those those particular players are talking about are playing on such a high level and it didn't happen issue, but in general, because they did play origin, because you go to another level plane origin, you do. So you want to call it matter of factural call what if you work? But these players go back to their teams and their countries better players.
Speaker 4: So at the end of the they won't have that.
Speaker 1: The bottom line for me is I believe you've got to pick one nationality you want to represent.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: Once you've done that, see, then everything falls under that. So if I'm Samoan, I can't represent New South Wales, it doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, agreed to disagree, get your point. I agree, I just don't like it. I agree with you that I'm born can play for New South I was Australia. You can't. Well how old were you when you're here?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: No, just shouldn't matter. Look for example, you're born, I can't play for Australia unless Australian citizenship you're taking manage. You know they can change, can they can ben the rules more than more than a Catholic church.
Speaker 8: To do whatever to make you get where they want to go. You know what I mean, it's at the end of the day. At the bottom line, I don't disagree with you. I agree with you guys as well.
Speaker 4: At origin level. I'm talking. I'm not talking.
Speaker 1: I like international Get your point. My point is, I don't think we need to gre to then international game. I think it's been fine as it is, and I think we should level like that. Okay, I think should change the course of history just because he wants to.
Speaker 4: I like seeing I like seeing some hour or tongue of pump England or actually I look, I.
Speaker 8: Like the international game, and I wanted to grow and I want to get France back up to some decent standard.
Speaker 4: That's just me. Maybe I'm selfish. Were they ever at a decent standard? That was? They were the first. Apparently in the eighties French Australia used to go over there and it was a belt feast like the French would. They had that Tasbiteria. Remember we played for Canterbury. He went over there and he took a lot of Australians over there to play in their local comp and it was absolute they would punch.
Speaker 8: The first two World Cups. France one that would punch the rugby League World Cup. And I'm just saying, I'm just saying. Still it's still just look i'd liked, I liked. I enjoy watching competitive international rugby league, and and and and the pathways would to that is.
Speaker 1: I think might take. It is similar to whether it is going. I hate the fact that it's going to be a twenty team comp. I think it should be a fourteen team comp period. That's just that's I think I'm aligned the too aligned for me, you know what I mean. I think everything's about growing, growing, growing. I want to go back to Super League.
Speaker 8: You know, there's two different ways of two different schools. I agree, if we had fourteen teams, obviously the talent.
Speaker 4: Will everyone plays each other twice? Yep, I disagree.
Speaker 8: But in terms of the long game, there's got to be more. Well, okay, one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and twenty years, George, how long is it? Yeah? But wait a minute.
Speaker 8: Once upon a time, Once, once upon a time, players will play for meat, pine or coke.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Now, now everybody wants one point four two million dollars. The only way you're going to get it is for television, right, Yeah, the only way you're to get it is for television rights. Okay, well that's what the land is trying to do. Okay, So so you know, you know what, no problem.
Speaker 4: You can say that.
Speaker 1: You think you think you wouldn't have a TV deal with fourteen teams, bullshit, you won't have b I think you'd have a bigger deal.
Speaker 4: I think there'd be more. I think the ratings not the way I disagree. Well, they're telling what they're telling us. What they're telling us is bullshit. Man. That look, stats are like bikinis. They show you up.
Speaker 1: But you can't say everything. You've got to give so easy to manufacture starts to make them appear a certain way that you want to tell a story.
Speaker 8: That's just bullshit. You do going to He's going to break everything up. Yeah, and I will w origin different, semi final season different. You know he's going to sell it all separately.
Speaker 4: For me. I don't give a ship about the n W. I've never watched it.
Speaker 8: Ye, no, no, it's fine, don't no issue. I'm just talking about. That's just me the hard, the hard reality facts. Yeah, twelve teams are great, but no one's going to get I think no one's going to be getting one point two two million dollars in the future. No, no, no, no issue. I'm just saying the only way moving forward is what orlandis is doing. There's no doubt in my mind.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. No, if I like it, they like it, Like I said, what he's doing. But I don't like when you start gagging people and people can't say things. I think when when you gag, when you gag, it's draconian and you cannot you cannot get what if my team gets robbed, can get robbed the God's control? Who are you? I can't. I put so much time, effort, effort, and I'm getting gagged. So we're going from one thing Twitter. Oh no, no, no, no, no, that part of the landing. I don't like that game. I reckon he's injected the game with a cancer. To be honest. Yeah, well he's a business as a businessman, fantastic, But when you start gagging and you're not allowed to do this, you're not allowed to do that. Then he didn't email because he would have been caught out.
Speaker 8: He rang all the media shutlets and said it said, no negative stories. For God's sake, we can't talk about That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Wrong. It's crazy, it's crazy commentator, because I've all been getting who's playing the at the end of the day, with the exception of Phil Good, who can have a double standard? Whoa Phil? It's on this? On this you watch that, Michael Chamers than with Phil Good. I watched it online. I didn't watch it. It's destroyed him.
Speaker 8: He did destroy, he did destroy, absolutely exposed to him. What what what proper human being he really is? And I say it, he shouldn't have both jobs. He shouldn't be Oh in three years yeah, always said three.
Speaker 4: Years ago, if we we lost forty points, I was happy.
Speaker 1: I've always say I've always said whenever I listened to school, I learned something about Yeah. Absolute, he's absolutely genius.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, no, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I injected another twenty minutes into the entertainment uge. I'm passionate about it. Passion I'm going to click that one up. I'm going to get I think I clicked that one up. Believe out the French soccer team.
Speaker 4: I think you better cut the French global warding out. Hey, shoot the messenger.
Speaker 8: The look in terms of in terms of what we said lately, in terms of the last bit we talked about it's passion wrong. Yeah, but what you said about playing picking and playing not playing for Australias and that in origin, that's going to happen because he's going to make them. He's going to make smaller Tongua first tear.
Speaker 1: He's I don't even watch the international, but when we get to the end of the season, I need a break from rugby league.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is but the summer is too long, especially for your rugbie struggle. That's what was too late. I hate summer. That's what indoor sports are for anyway. Anyway, that's a rap. Let's get out of here. That's a wrap.
Speaker 1: Thanks everyone, Thanks Andy for joining us, and welcome back anytime you like.
Speaker 4: Very much.
Speaker 1: George ten I know you'll hear this tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great week, and I hope you enjoyed our little whole Kuking tribute. Rest in peace and we'll see you all next week. Good Night, everybody,