Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: President Trump said he spoke with Vladimir Putin, said that the Russian leader told him very strongly that he will respond to Ukraine's weekend drone attack on Russian airfields. Today, President Trump says he spoke with President Shi of China for about ninety minutes. Trade was the most common thing that they talked about.
Speaker 1: More importantly, the Nintendo switch to has finally hit store shelves today today, today, eight years after switch one, four hundred and fifty dollars is a price tag on this one. People lined up outside of stores to pick up pre orders or have a chance to buy the device. I mean months of anticipation. There was a lot of pre order issues. He cups fears that tariffs would delay the release of the switch to.
Speaker 2: We've talked about the Shawn did he Combe's trial and the suggestion by some people, including Shug Knight, that Donald Trump would pardon Sean did he Combs.
Speaker 1: If you convinced that is just a headline to make Trump look even crazier that he would pardon it.
Speaker 3: Somebody think about something this level of an abuser.
Speaker 2: Some old comments actually resurfaced by Fitty Cent, who is no fan of Diddy and wants to make sure that Trump does not pardon him if he's convicted. Fitty Sent posted on Twitter the statement from Diddy quote, if Trump gets elected, I really do believe in my heart there will be a race war. He said this in twenty twenty when he was campaigning for Joe Biden. At the time, he said, this message is not just to black people. This message is to everybody. This man he's referring to Trump is really trying to turn us against each other and put us in a situation America's messed up. And did He added that white men like Trump need to be banished now again. Sent is the one who resurfaced these comments in an attempt to make sure that Trump does not pardon did he.
Speaker 1: I don't see that happening. I mean times a million, I don't see that happening. I don't mean to make light of it. That would be insane, insane. Okay, So there was this woman's ex husband who planned to follow her on vacation, but he ran into an issue with his passport that he did not expect she did. The reason we're hearing about this is because this woman, she's a mother of two, shared her story on Reddit's popular forum, am I.
Speaker 3: The a Hole.
Speaker 1: She retold the story of how her ex tried to crash an international trip she had planned with their kids. She claims she and her former husband had this messy divorce two years before the incident. He had had an affair after the birth of their second child. She says he fought me every step, took over a year to finalize this. He gained primary custody of the children, but that she still needs her exes permission to bring them out of the country.
Speaker 3: As everybody knows.
Speaker 2: So she's planning to travel abroad to visit some family take the kid's eight year old boy five year old girl, and she told her ex that she wanted to go on the trip. She claims that he said he always wanted to visit her family's country and was coincidentally planning to go at that same time. Now, this woman says she was to anticipating it. They got all of the documentation ready to go, including a document drafted by a lawyer, signed and notarized that she it does have permission to take the kids out of the country for those specific dates, and that he would have up to seventy two hours beforehand to revoke the permission, and he agreed, so the day of the trip, she shows up at the airport with her kids, while her former spouse got there much later, only to find out upon trying to check in for the flight that his passport had been revoked. He was completely stunned by that she was not. Now as a result of the divorce, he was ordered to pay child support, which he has never done again. This is her claim, and she explains that she signed up for enforcement so she doesn't have to badger him about it. But he's so far behind that they suspended quote, just about everything they can, and one of those things would be turns out the passport was revoked due to a lack of child support payment, so he's denied when he's trying to check in for his flight.
Speaker 1: My question is, why is she worried that she is the a hole this guy's trying to hone in.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, oh no no no no. People ask these questions to prove they know she knows she's not the a hole. Oh, she's just putting it in a forum like that so people can praise her for her work.
Speaker 3: I don't blame her at all.
Speaker 2: She is not the a hole in the If this guy's been ordered to pay child support and he hasn't, even if he doesn't like it, he's the a hole in all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean him crashing the trip with the a And I understand you want to be with your kids, you want to go on the trip, and you want to make it. It's just so messy, isn't it When love goes wrong Like it's just and there's children involved, and what a freaking dramatic hurricane of mess that is for them.
Speaker 2: Well, and when he figures out that he can't go, one of the things that he tries to do immediately is revoke his permission for the trip, because remember she's got to have his permission to take the kids out of the country. But the way the document was written up, he had seventy two hours up to seventy two hours before the trip to revoke it.
Speaker 3: He never did. While they're basically in the airport ready to take off.
Speaker 2: Is when he tries to invoke his his right.
Speaker 1: I have a question, is her going on Reddit and asking the question and laying out this big mess. Does that qualify her to be under the umbrella of a whole as well?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think the the bigger a hole move is posting it and telling the story so that you look or anti hero.
Speaker 3: Maybe good Lord, I don't know that's the bigger a hole move. Do you have a crazy X? I don't. I don't think I have a lot that were that were crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had people that would constantly call, but like Elmer, But other than that.
Speaker 1: You still have they still call still? Yeah, No, they gave up. They gave up Coule years ago.
Speaker 2: I think my twentieth wedding anniversary was when it was the last time I got a call from an next girlfriend. Yeah that's not a true statement, but I just thought it would be a funny story. So what do you do when they would keep calling? Well, in the old days, I didn't know who was calling. Ah, yeah, so I would have to pick up the phone and then be like, uh, you caught me a bad time.
Speaker 3: What do you say? Diarrhea? Diarrhea and the diarrhea, Like you said, there's no follow up question.
Speaker 1: Now you come to the table with diarrhea, and no one's going to ask you anything else.
Speaker 2: Here's the funny thing about the diary. The thing, Uh someone asks if someone says you had food poisoning, right, if that comes up, the next question is always what did you eat?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why does it matter?
Speaker 1: Because they don't want to eat whatever you eat. It's curious. It's a survival thing. It's like, you know, my husband ate bad oysters one time in Seattle, got food poisoning.
Speaker 3: Uh, so you know, I steer clear. I don't want that. I like oysters. They're fun.
Speaker 1: They taste good with champagne, but I don't like them enough to.
Speaker 3: Be on the toilet for three days.
Speaker 2: Right, And I think the champagne tastes good. Yeah, not the oyster.
Speaker 3: I think you're not. There's no com that goes. I was just looking for a vehicle. Hey, let's get some oysters. Oh and some champagne.
Speaker 1: I'm having oysters without champagne. Sounds awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a really good get out of here. What is your crazy X story? Let us know. On the talkback feature on the iHeart app.
Speaker 2: You could send us a quick message and you can tell us exactly what it is that happened in your crazy X life.
Speaker 5: So Hey Gary, Hey, Shannon Tyler from Las Vegas, originally from California. Anyway, story of my crazy X. My crazy X tried to kill me one night. We were on the jacuzzi drinking vodka, having a good time. Next thing I know, I'm waking up. It's the next day. All my stuff's gone. I find out to put zad X in my vodka, try to let me drown, and stole my things. Example of a crazy X. Have a good day?
Speaker 3: Did you phone that in? Like that's reportable?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 3: That was Elmer.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll talk about these as we continue. Also, a former football player stands up in church and demand to answer some questions about the porn.
Speaker 1: Long snappers are very religious in my experience.
Speaker 3: Really this guy position? Huh, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean there's a lot of religious people in the football field, but this guy had a real problem with his church. Fascinating story to tell you about.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 3: Why are you shaking your head?
Speaker 2: Didn't we just talk about this the other week or just the other day. Where you have to be careful about the animal stories that you do.
Speaker 3: I used to have to be careful. I see excellent point. No, I have not heard the story about that. Well, it takes a turn. It wasn't a beaver. What that was? Pretty innocuous.
Speaker 1: Story about x rams Alon long snapper Jake McQuaid is in the news.
Speaker 3: Did right Jake McQuaid played on three different teams in one season?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 2: That's what I think. The TV report I saw from the local TV station in Ohio.
Speaker 3: The name didn't ring a bell for me.
Speaker 1: Long Snappers go without a lot of pomp and circumstance for the most part in the NFL, so it's not odd.
Speaker 3: But I think this story would make the news even if he did.
Speaker 1: Not play in the NFL, because it's pretty disruptive what happened. Jake McQuaid is of whatmer Rams, two time Pro Bowl long snapper, very good at what he does and that's very hard to do.
Speaker 2: By the way, Rams, when they were in Saint Louis, that's when he started with them, and then came with them out here to La, played for the Cowboys, the Lions, and then last season played for the Bears, the Vikings and the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, he's been he's a journeyman. He's been in the NFL fourteen seasons or was. So he's church in Ohio, Catholic Church, and during the mass, he gets up and snaps at the chancellor of the Cincinnati Archdiocese, guy by the name of Jason Williams. He had an issue because there was a rumor that two priests had viewed pornography on a church computer.
Speaker 2: He was adamant that they come forward. I mean, he seems to think that this was a definite occurrence, that it actually happened.
Speaker 1: He said, we want to put these rumors to rest. Can you answer this for me? Fact or fiction? Did these priests look at porn on our church computer? According to that video, it's pretty hard to hear. When someone at the altar told him this is not the time for this, he responds by shouting, I'm sorry, sir, this is the time and place I will stand up. Did the priest use our parish computer to look at pornography? True or false? He was, by the way, removed from the church by the police.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So for some reason, the beginning of that television report starts with that notification that information I should say that the entire police force was hired to do security at these weekend at these weekend masses.
Speaker 4: Archdiocese hired Green Township Police to be present at weekend masses.
Speaker 3: Here at our Lady of Visitation where the Chancellor spoke about recent allegations.
Speaker 2: Now you mentioned the chancellor, Chancellor Williams, was reading a letter from Archbishop Robert Casey to our Lady of Visitation congregation that said that those rumors and again the rumor was that two priests were looking at porn on one of the computers. The rumors were investigated and no wrongdoing, either criminally or ecclesiastically had been substantiated. I don't think I've ever read that word ecclesiastically.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The letter also said that one of the priests was taking a previously planned sabbatical. The letter went on to say, like gossip, the spreading of rumors is sinful and we should all work to overcome this tendency of our fallen human nature, just.
Speaker 3: Like the Catholics.
Speaker 1: To shame you in the email responding to any sort of wrongdoing on the church's behalf, and shame on you for gossiping. Ow dare you're hail Mary's and three our fathers. I didn't read this is where this guy's from. I guess this is sort of hometown.
Speaker 2: Two of the Green Township police officers escorted him from the church, but he was not charged with anything.
Speaker 1: He was going through something. He sounds pretty he may be.
Speaker 3: He may just be pissed off at the church.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, it's it's if there is a rumor that exists, it's within your.
Speaker 3: It's within your right, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And I mean his point about you know what, he was told, this is not the time of the place. If you got something like that going on, Yeah, that is the time in the place.
Speaker 3: It's always the time of the place. Yeah, we're talking about crazy x'es.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, do I have an crazy X story for you, And it relates to KFI. Oh has to do with a former host. All right, love yours. She was so jealous. She that if I went to the grocery store and I took ten minutes too long, she would have me take a photo of where I was to prove that I was actually in traffic waiting to get back home.
Speaker 1: Okay, sane, stop it right there, quick, gas go around. Who is the kfive female host?
Speaker 3: Who is crazy. It's going to narrow it down quite a bit. Okay, well, let's see we've got.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I'm not saying anybody's just so you know, I'm not going to say anybody's name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if she's that crazy, I don't want to yea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, you're right. But I've got a good idea.
Speaker 2: Are you going to write it down?
Speaker 3: You haven't welcome to work, But here I'll do I'll do hands. Oh really, Oh wait a minute, that one I started writing the same one. Yes.
Speaker 1: All I had to do was this is what we're talking about?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, no, ye okay, I could totally see that, right.
Speaker 1: It is a very distinct possibility, which is funny because of the way that she no longer works here, kind of got caught doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did see her interviewed recently on a different podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, they're crazy one that got let go for that.
Speaker 2: There were a couple there were same lane though. Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Wait am I like that too? I'm not going to look at you when you figure that out.
Speaker 2: I say this, when you have a story about a crazy ax, let us know what it is. Use the talkback feature on the iHeart app and send us a message and tell us how you knew your ex was crazy?
Speaker 3: What stop looking at me? Are we all crazy?
Speaker 2: There's a reason why they keep us far away from everyone else in the building.
Speaker 3: Do you ever think about that? No, Gary and Channon will continue in just a moment.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: President Donald Trump says his first conversation with Chinese leader Shijen Ping since returning to the White House at a very positive conclusion, announcing the two countries will hold trade talks in hopes of breaking this deadlock over tariff's. Chinese Foreign Ministry says she asked Trump on today's call to remove the negative measures the US has taken against China. The discussion followed Trump suggesting yesterday on social media it was tough to reach a deal with she They've been at a stalemate since May twelfth.
Speaker 2: An update out of New York in the Shandette Combs trial, the judge there has worn the defense table that Colmbs could be kicked out of the courtroom if he continues to attempt to interact with the jury. The judge said he saw Colmbs on two different occasions looking at the jury and nodding vigorously. The judge said he already warned the defense that he can't make any facial expressions or attempt to have any interaction with or influence the jury. The judge said in court today, I could not have been any clearer in terms of what I said. There was a line of questioning when your client was nodding vigorously and looking at the jury. The judge said he saw him doing it a second time. Said, I looked, and I saw your client looking at the jury and nodding vigorously. It's absolutely unacceptable, asked the defense attorney. Is it going to happen again? And then told him it cannot happen again. And if it does, the judge says, he'll let the government make an application to give the jury an instruction on the issue and will consider severe measures, which could mean kicking him out of the courtroom altogether.
Speaker 1: We've got a story, a manhunt that continues. I'm sure you've heard this story. It's made its way around the headlines. This is for a father. Police say he killed his three young daughters near a campground. His name is Travis Decker, and this happened in Washington. The officials say he could be anywhere within the country. He's thirty two and the kids were nine.
Speaker 3: Eight and five.
Speaker 1: Three little girls killed after they left home for this planned visitation with dad on Friday at five pm. It was about three pm on Monday that officials found this guy's vehicle unoccupied in Shaling, Shelan County. There Rock Island Campground and the bodies were found as well, so the vehicle and the bodies of the girls. Plastic bags over the heads of each girl's wrists zip tied. They found around the vehicle other zip ties and plastic bags. Tailgate of the truck had what appeared to be two handprints of.
Speaker 3: Blood on it.
Speaker 2: The Shelane County Sheriff Mike Morrison hellline news conference last night.
Speaker 7: This is not the outcome we wanted to see. We were hoping that we could find Travis today, but we are feeling optimistic thanks to our Marshall's department that has come through and track down some good leads that we feel are giving us more of an insight into Travis's mindset, or he may have not gone or may have gone to.
Speaker 2: See The problem is this is one of those big wilderness guys, saying that he has the ability and the knowledge to probably survive in those hills to the west of Shelan for a long time if he wanted to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has gone off the grid for up to two and a half months, according to family members. This is a guy who was deployed to Afghanistan in twenty fourteen while on active duty in the Army. Transferred to the Washington National Guard in twenty twenty one from the active component. Preparations for an administration separation began in twenty twenty three or last year, but the process has not officially started and he remains in the Washington National Guard.
Speaker 2: How in the world does a guy get planned visitations if he's homeless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was homeless and living in his vehicle or at various motels or campgrounds in the area. Also wanted, Well, he's wanted in connection with it, currently wanted for three counts of a first degree murder for his girls. But yeah, that's a real I guess he was granted the visitation before he was homeless. It can be a very lengthy process to have any of those orders amended. I think family Court.
Speaker 3: What a mess.
Speaker 2: This planned visitation was supposed to start at five o'clock on Friday night, and Whitney Decker, the ex wife mother of the girls, contacted police saying that he did pick up the girls at five o'clock Friday night, but did not return by ten o'clock, and said that she had tried to call her ex husband multiple times but.
Speaker 3: His voice or cell phone was going straight to voicemail.
Speaker 2: And the mom said she was concerned because he had never done this before. I'd never gone outside the parameters of the visitation rules.
Speaker 1: But definitely some mental health issues that she knew about. They were married for seven years. They had been nothing that I'm saying any of this is her fault. It's not absolutely, but there were signs. I guess I should say. They had been married for seven years, divorced for several years. She recalled moments in their marriage where he would wake her up by screaming at her in the middle of the night, randomly leaving. Towards the end of the marriage, he was diagnosed with a borderline personality disorder that he does not take meds for.
Speaker 2: That's awful, and like you said, he could be anywhere in the country. They do not know if he's armed, but he spent several years in the military. He was deployed to Afghanistan in twenty fourteen in the Army, transferred to the Washington National Guard in twenty one from the active component, and they said they were preparing for an administrative separation recently within the last year or two, but that process hadn't officially started, so he's technically still a member of the Washington National Guard. They've put out a reward for information, and of course they're working with FBI, Homeland Security and the Marshall's office to try to find him.
Speaker 1: They've also released a ring doorbell footage. He's in a light colored T shirt, dark shorts in the days leading up to the visitation with the with the girls nine eight and five.
Speaker 3: Again their ages go tea and.
Speaker 1: A mustache, long hair pulled back, So they're trying to get that image out to the public that he does have extensive military training and obviously a propensity for violence.
Speaker 2: All right, well, well we'll perk it up a little happier story. We have some good animal stories we're going to be getting into. And also next hour right after swamp Watch we'll jump into some of our crazy X stories.
Speaker 3: How did you know that your ex was crazy? We have some of those. Oh yeah, we got a bund. There's crazy xes out there.
Speaker 2: There are crazy crazy and I would love it if you admitted that you were a crazy ex.
Speaker 3: I was never a crazy not you. I just mean in New York, you know. I mean, there's still time, There's still time. Your husband is a lucky man. For now. For now, Gary and Channon will continue.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Just to wet your beak a little bit, we're taking your talkbacks about crazy exes.
Speaker 8: Hey, Gary and Shannon. I had a girlfriend in high school and she would come to my house after I told her we broke up and I didn't want to see her, and she would break into my truck. She somehow knew how to unlock my car and get into my truck, and then she would say, she's in my truck waiting for me, and she would sit in the back of the truck until she would talk to me. And then she would sit there and just stare at me and talk to me and try to convince me to stay with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa, that's always a good anytime someone's waiting for you in the backseat of your car, that's not good.
Speaker 3: And then just does the not especially if you know I'm blinking stare. Yeah, oh you know, I'm good for you. Yeah, you know. It's like a few good men stuff.
Speaker 2: Why are you fighting it? I won't be ignored. It's time for our animal round us.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is a great story. No, it's so it's so awful we can't play it.
Speaker 3: How many do you have? How many do I have? Animal sounds? Name an animal? An eel? Nailed it? How about a orangutang? How about a sloth?
Speaker 1: How about a sting ray?
Speaker 3: What a sting ray? They don't make noises? They don't know all those other animals make noise? Okay, what about roost cock? A doodle? Do we got to do it? I did? Yes, I did about six in the morning. Got sick of that game real quick.
Speaker 2: A couple of men in a harbor in southern England noticed what they thought was a kind of swimming, funny struggling struggling through the rough waters of this natural harbor there, and as their boat got closer, they realized that's not a seal, Why that's a little doll. Gary Bennett, captain of the sixty foot ferry Transports transports oil workers to a nearby island, says, I.
Speaker 3: Was absolutely gobsmacked. You don't see a dog swimming in the main shipping channels.
Speaker 1: Ever, the puppy swam toward the boat and men drop a ladder into the water.
Speaker 3: Dog grips the ladder with her.
Speaker 1: Paws, and then Ethan Grant, one of the trainee skippers, jumps into the harbor to haul the dog aboard.
Speaker 3: She fell in landed on me. She literally called up in a bowl and me lap and was so scared.
Speaker 1: They covered the dog and blankets, gave her food and water, posting photos of her on social media, and within a few hours one person recognized the dog as Amber, a five year old retriever who had been missing for more than a month after taking off from her foster home in New Forest, about thirty miles from the harbor.
Speaker 2: They said, in the thirty six days since she went missing, Amber covered about one hundred miles. The rescue group Angel KOs Angel's Rescue had recently rescued Amber spent more than a month searching desperately for her. Amber was living on the streets of caught her for the first two months of her life.
Speaker 3: That's rough.
Speaker 2: She spent the next five years, it says a Nikatari shelter. But I thought they said that Amber, oh a five year old. I thought it was five months old. You're right, let's see. Sam Collins, runs the rescue says she was found with five other siblings and they were all in very bad way, to the point where two of her siblings actually didn't make it. Oh yeah, we like to take dogs in that are forgotten about. We found her a brilliant foster home she could get adopted.
Speaker 3: The accent kind of softened the blow of the dead dogs. I tried, That's why I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that's lovely. Are they going to keep her on the boat? She gonna be a boat dog?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: The most amazing thing is somehow they said this dog again. Sam Collins, who runs the rescue group, said, the morning after Amber's first night in the foster home, she was out in the garden and somehow cleared in eight foot things. They could see her in the field behind the house, so they went over there to see if they could catch her.
Speaker 3: As soon as she saw them. She just ran. Every time somebody sighted her, she just molted. Do you want to hear about the friendly beaver? That's no beaver? It wasn't.
Speaker 1: A woman vacationing in Europe thought she had captured a cute encounter with a friendly beaver on camera.
Speaker 6: No beaver.
Speaker 1: She encounters this beaver, the beaver appears friendly, so she whips out her phone.
Speaker 3: Even I can tell that that's not a beaver.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that you are more adept at deciding what is a beaver and what is not.
Speaker 2: I've seen beavers in the wild. Yes, that, ma'am, is no beaver. What if it was a.
Speaker 1: Beaver that you didn't even know about yet, like a beaver that you've never seen before, you know there are.
Speaker 2: Beaver's a pretty telltale like you see when you're like, I know exactly what that is.
Speaker 1: Niece Sharma is her name. She is from Manchester, England to England and she she was.
Speaker 3: In Prague and.
Speaker 2: I traveled to Prague for a trip to explore the city a bit more as I've been a few times, but I'd never walked down near the river banks. This time I decided to take walk down the river banks up to the water and saw the animal coming close to the rocks where people can stand.
Speaker 3: She assumed she was encountering a friendly beaver.
Speaker 2: I assumed it was a beaver, as to me, it looks pretty similar. I don't know much about beavers apart from I don't know much about beavers apart from that they live in rivers.
Speaker 3: She then explains what she did next.
Speaker 2: I thought, since it was a beaver, that we might could feed it, although I'd never seen a beaver in real life. What do you feed a beaver? Although I'd never seen a beaver in real life before, they're often portrayed as friendly in the media. So I started feeding it some sandwiches.
Speaker 1: I mean, you would think that a beaver would be partial to nuts, right, because you'd feed it.
Speaker 3: You'd feed a beaver like you'd feed a squirrel. I would assume. I don't know the answer to that. Well, what would you feed a squirrel nuts?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: So I mean I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess a beaver will eat anything like it'll eat It'll eat a sandwich. I mean a squirrel would probably eat a sandwich, She said, Do you think a squirrel would eat a sandwich. It take a while, a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: It wasn't until a few weeks later that I discovered that it wasn't a beaver. When I showed my parents the video and they corrected me.
Speaker 1: It was a nutria, you know, those big ass rats. Essentially, that's not a beaver. You can tell the difference between a Newtrie and a beaver.
Speaker 2: I thought it was hilarious that I was showing off having fed a beaver to my family, just to find out that it's actually what the Czech people call a river rat.
Speaker 1: You're also not supposed to feed no beavers, they are squirrels.
Speaker 3: Jackass who speaking of animals? And then the cockatoos. Have you heard about the cockatoos?
Speaker 2: Is this also in England? This is in Sydney, Oh, Australia? Yeah, all right, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Each night around sundown, Cockatoos and Western Sydney gather for a ritual. They they wait in line on a fence and then they take turns at a drinking fountain that's right there, Roy. They grip the handle with their feet and they lean forward to release a bubbling stream of cool water. This requires strength, motor skills, innovation, it's been documented for the first time. Researchers say it constitutes a new urban adapted local tradition. The no that these that these birds have evolved to.
Speaker 3: Use a drinking fountain because they live in the city. Good, NOI is there anything? Are they laughing at that? I hope they're not laughing at that.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys are laughing at something very funny in the other room. The sulfur crested cockatoos, by the way, are very social.
Speaker 3: They're very social.
Speaker 1: The parrots, white bodies, yellow crests, and they're all over the place in Sydney.
Speaker 3: And now they're all over our water fountain.
Speaker 1: They also know to open the bins in the city south area, the southeast, the Southeast cockatoos, they know.
Speaker 3: How to open up the trash bins. I mean, I don't think this is really evolution though.
Speaker 1: I mean for animals to find a way to use a water fountain or get into the trash bin, that's kind of what they do. They need food and water and they're gonna find it. They're not dumbasses like that woman with the beaver.
Speaker 3: Good. No, all right, well we come back.
Speaker 1: The beef between the President and chijin Ping is their ice that is melting in this chili relationship. Also, Elon Musk is going of full tilt when it comes to this big, beautiful bill, and the President continues to respond to the criticism. We'll get into that as well right here on Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.