Speaker 1: Welcome to Destiny.
Speaker 2: Now here's your host, Cliff Dunning. Hey, welcome to Destiny. This is Cliff your host. Today we're focusing on the what is considered the superpowers of human existence or clairvoyance, precognition, prophecy, and a host of other paranormal skills that our ancestors possessed. And you know, when you look at the Maya as an example of these highly cognitive people who had the ability to perform in these manners, it seems to be that Earth was in a different state. And if you read the poolvavou of this famous book that was written in the fourteen hundreds, transcribed in the fourteen hundreds, it describes the men and women who lived on the planet and could see great distances and could do something called bilocate, where you're in one location and your consciousness or your subtle body travels to another location or it could be another dimension, and it describes it in great detail. And there's other bits of literature that would have come down to us that provides information on the state of consciousness, the state of physicality of these earlier people that were in the Satya or treata period. You know, tens of thousands of years ago. Now, most archaeologists and egyptologists do not follow this. They're purely academic. They don't really talk about the subtle bodies. If they can't see it in written form, it's not available, it's not recognized, and so they dismiss it. But there's a great deal of evidence on these native people being able to have precognition of knowing things that are about to happen, to the point of also understanding prophecy. My guest today is Daniel Burke, who's written a book called Telepathic Tales, Precognition and Clairvoyance in Legend, lyric and Lore. And what makes this book just fascinating is that he has spent a considerable amount of time going back thousands of years, close to twenty five hundred years or more, and describing evidence of people who had the ability to go into dreams and do it and participate in what we would consider lucid dreaming. I'm out of the dream with the knowledge of an impending disaster, strategies for wars, and on and on and on. And it's just quite amazing when you consider this is happening prior to the modern age, and there's there's something to be said about the Internet and staying on your Wi Fi constantly. We lose that subtle ability unless we're asleep or if you're somebody who meditates. And I'm one of these big advocates of meditation, because when you sink the left and right brain or otherwise knows the hemispheres you really take on, you allow yourself to sync up with a lot more than just daily activities. Your consciousness is more aware, You're more vibrantly able to process data. There's so many benefits to meditation, and I talk about it almost every single week that it's critical if you begin to as we begin to move into the next epoch from Cali Yuga to Dwarpa Yoga, which is becoming more enlightened, more perceptive, and so much more is happening in this age. So we're doing the best we can to live out the rest of the Cali Yuga energy and we're moving into the next phase, which is more enlightened, more spiritual, and much more rewarding. So I think you're going to enjoy this review by Daniel Burke, and again the program is telepathic tells the Earth Ancients. Guatemala Temple tour December first through the twelfth.
Speaker 3: As you know from my work, one of the big functions of these temples is out of state, so we can really reprogram ourself. We can manifest different things in our lives. There is also an opportunity for healing, so there is so much that we can do when we have access. See combining, you know, the left and right brain hemisphere approaches, or the more masculine feminine.
Speaker 2: If you like.
Speaker 3: Knowing the science, doing measurements, understanding the electromagnetism as the spiritual technology of these temples, and then having the experiential side and doing all the spiritual work off site is just like a very holistic, complete way to interact with the temples.
Speaker 2: That's doctor Lydia Delion, our hosts for the upcoming Sacred Pyramid Tour in Guatemala December first to the twelfth. This is a rare opportunity to work with harmonics and the energy behind these pyramids. We only have a few places left. This is going to be a very rare opportunity to engage with the local shaman archaeologists who have been studying pyramids for decades and opportunities not only to interact with the pyramid to lyrics that are available, but also sit, stand, walk and climb a variety of pyramids throughout Guatemala. For more information on this wonderful tour, go to earth Ancients dot com forward slash tours looking for the banner and click it. If you have any questions whatsoever, send me an email. Send it to earth Ancients the number fourth letter U at gmail dot com and I will get right back to you. Join me on the special tour December first to the twelfth. Again for more information earthacients dot com Forward slash Tours. We talked about paranormal topics off and on here on Destiny, and today I have one that's you can kind of consider it a historic in some ways paranormal story or book. And the title is Telepathic Tales Precognition and Clairvoyance in Legend, lyric and Lore. And I got to tell you it's very well written and the research alone is worth the look, simply because he goes back to many thousands of years up until fairly recently topics and events that are pretty interesting. My guest today is Daniel Burke. He is a poet, he's an author, he's a songwriter. And he has a background in natural sciences. He's coming to us from Dublin, Ireland, and that's actually said, it's actually a good place to be if you're looking at ancient law because those of us in the United States, I'm here in San Francisco, We're fairly new and there's a few bits and pieces of lore, but nothing close to the ancient sites of Dublin, Ireland. So I'm looking forward to speaking to him today. The book we're talking about is called Telepathic Tales, and I just mentioned it and you can get it on Amazon. It just came out and it is packed with data. So hey, we want to learn more about this with Daniel. So Daniel, welcome to Destiny gat DEVI you on the program.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for the invite. Cliff, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I call it historic paranormal. What would you call it your work?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would call it a kind of a cross cultural and historical attempt to show that the kinds of the same kinds of experiences of extra sensory perception that people record today commonly have been recorded just as commonly by our kind of forebearers and our ancestors and our closings from across the water on all owners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it? Is it the fact that we don't think about these events as much because of our technology, and that without technology, these precognition, prophecy and so on, telepathic tales are more in our face because we don't have the interference of the Internet.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's kind of multi layered interesting question because like that is something that has been positive kind of there is an extent to which, you know, this is something that comes out in the parapsychological research and the tails that that there are kind of certain states of mind which are more amenable to these kinds of experiences. There are certain kinds of you know, whether it's aldered states of consciousness, meditation, even something as simple as sleep for example, are more amenable and to some extent, you know, we can then say that in the West, we are so busy, we're so stressed, we're so kind of you know, logical left brain thinking. It's that, yes, there may be an extent to which we do not have the capacity to have these experiences relative to our ancestors. But at the same time, I always caution there are many of these experiences still recorded, and you know, I'm sure many of your own listeners will have had some of the experiences recorded in this book, so it's a bit of both, but it probably does lean a bit more towards what you suggested.
Speaker 2: What drove you to write? I mean, this is not a short book. You took a long time to write this book. Unless you're prolific writer and you write money noon tonight. I think this took some time. But would you say you were inspired by your own precognition or paranormal events or was it something that triggered you to want to know more?
Speaker 1: It's interesting. I'll say that with this particular book, the research came from the research for the first book, which was Operations at the Moment of Death, whch dealt only with the crisis apparition as a cross cultural and historical entity. It was while researching that book that I kind of realized, oh, wait a minute, there are so many areas here that we have missed in terms of presenting the readers with a real kind of smorgas part of kind of extra censer experiences from a cross cultures and through time. But I will say that with the first book, I can speak to that in regards to your question. I wasn't inspired to write the first book because of certain experiences that I had. However, it was when I had finished writing that book that I kind of remembered certain experiences that I had, like, for instance, the crisis apparition is the focus of that book. This idea that at the moment of a distant death, you yourself may become aware of that death, whether it's through a vision, dream and apparition and intimation, a sound, the site you name it. But the point is that you are you accurately attain that information of a distant death, which is later confirmed. And the point of making is that was when I finished writing that book, I remembered that I did have those kinds of experiences in my own family.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm, fascinating. Did you just pick a paranormal topic, like say prophecy, which is part of your book, and look for historical events that were documented by the literature at the time or perhaps a writer or something, because this is what makes your book just fascinating, is that many of the accounts are actually documented, documented by journalists, writers and others.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like so for me, I wanted to especially draw the reader's attention to the likes of the records of the ethnologists and the anthropologists, the social scientists who kind of met with, you know, traditional cultures, and they brought their note They didn't just bring their note pads and their record or the materials. They are also brought the kind of deep seated Western rationalist materialist biases. So there is an extent to which I can imagine. It was it was thought that that literature wouldn't necessarily be too fruitful, but it is quite fruitful, and I wanted to show that. I wanted to show that there are examples of kind of typically recorded and less typically typically recorded phenomena in the in these individuals works, like, for example, in the in the book, I deal with the phenomenon of the vardogger, which is a kind of a Norse. It's the premonitory site or sound of an of a visitor who is soon arriving. Now, this is kind of a typical kind of folkloric entity when it comes to the Norse and Naving countries, et cetera. But what I found is that if I extend this to the general extra sensory intimation of a visitor's arrival in general, that I found these kinds of accounts everywhere. I found them in again, the ethnological and anthropological records. I found them in Greece and Rome. I found them in Polynesia, you name it. I found them there. And the point is that I was so sure because of my relative familiarity with the parapsychological literature, I was sure that these were human phenomena. In other words, whatever their ultimate meaning or source, I knew that they were things that people experienced. And it was due to that fact that I knew I would find them wherever I looked for them. I was very sure of that. That takes quite a lot to actually sift through the accounts and find them, but they are there, and I think that's something that I want the reader to kind of discover.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to come back to that vendor in a second. You have a number of well known writers. You referenced Charles Dickens and his Premonitions. Talk a little bit about some of the encounters that he writes about.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a good it's a good segue in a way because in the kind of in the early goings, I deal with a couple of more well known individuals. When it comes to these Vardoger accounts, and the Vardoger again usually is an actual kind of a it's an interesting experience. It can be an aparitional experience where in, for example, the individual will see somebody they know, perhaps kind of rounding the bend in the distance, wearing a specific outfit. They kind of prepare things, assuming they're about to arrive. They never arrive. Maybe twenty minutes later, maybe an hour later, they arrive wearing the very same clothes they've been seen in, et cetera. And that is kind of the typical Aboriginal vardoger. Sometimes it's a sound. Sometimes it's the car driving, the sound of the car kind of arriving before it arrives. But again I want to extrass that I extend this to visions and dreams also and intuitions. For example, lea Vertaynen is a kind of a folkloristic expert from Finland, and she recorded in her fascinating folklore collection of an informant who said that, and this is quote unquote, my mother had the gift of knowing in advance when visitors were coming and who they would be. She had this gift all her life. Occasionally she had been mistaken but then it turned out that person had actually intended to combo was prevented. And to circle this background directly to your question, the Dickens account. Charles Dickens actually recorded in his journal of a dream he himself had in which he said, quote unquote, all the circumstances were exactly told. He saw a lady in a red shawl. She identified herself as a Misnavier. Dickens was surprised because he didn't know a Miss Napier, and he didn't recognize in the Miss Napier. That same night. Of course, as the listener may expect him about to say, this woman, Miss Napier turned up wearing the identical red shawl, and she had been traveling to meet him and was known to or two others that knew him. So again, I want to stress that while some of these, when you say one or two of these, it's kind of an interesting thing. It's kind of a curiosity, and the experience itself maybe it seems relative mundane, but I find those kinds of experiences the most powerful, these supposedly mundane experiences, because these are the kind of things that have been less focused on by parapsychological researchers, and it's only when you see them in vast numbers that they're anecdotal relevance kind of dawns.
Speaker 2: Why did you choose past events rather than picking up and sprinkling a little perhaps noted parapsychology paranormal events present. Is it because from a historical perspective, we have a sense of our ancestry, or is it more that you want to show that this is an ability that we all possess and it was such a big deal that it was written about during that period of time in a greater abundance.
Speaker 1: Perhaps well, ironically it was less written about. We write about it more. And the reason is because it's much less. You see, these kinds of phenomena are less easily kind of consolidated, or they're less easily contextualized in the West Okay, And they're so much more easily contextualized in other cosmologies that they don't actually necessarily need to write about them as commonly. They don't necessarily even need to give them specific names at times, because they're part of everyday life. It's understood that these things occur. But to be clear, with this book, I did include many accounts from the parapsychologists and from the folklorists. I wanted to really show that. I really wanted to show not just a larger volume of ancient and cross cultural accounts than had usually been compiled, but I wanted to compare them to some extent to those that are still kind of being compiled and still understood to occur today. And that was one of the main goals with the book, is just to say to the reader, here's a huge amount of testimony which seems to speak to, if not the same thing, something very similar across millennia and across oceans. You know, make of that what you will. I think it's very interesting, though.
Speaker 2: Yes, fascinating. You highlight indigenous cultures quite a bit on this, and I want you to talk a little bit about the indigenous ability. And it's not just the indigenous, but this is kind of a theme for the indigenous native people of different parts of the world. How they're able to know that someone is going to be showing up in a precognition sort of fashion, and it being studyingly accurate as to who's showing up. They apparently well know that this person is about to visit them for dinner or something like that. You showed this account repeated. It's almost like an awareness of a certain perception of people that we don't know, or of the human condition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's very again, it's very interesting how many times you will see ethnologists and anthropologists kind of visiting or coming upon certain tribes. Maybe it's the Navajo for example. Maybe it's a folkloss meeting with the Navajo. Maybe it's for example, in South America, an anthropologist named Elmer Miller, you know he. And this is something that is interesting too, is that a lot of the time in the Western ethnographic records you find these more hard to explain or mysterious kind of what we would call extra sensory or anomalist cognition type accounts, hidden away, sometimes kind of in the note section of the book or in a footnote. For example, like Elmer Miller when he was visiting a past of the Toba people, these are these are Brazilian. Sorry, it's the Grand Chack or region of South America in nineteen sixty and he pointed out that somehow this guy Acosta knew that he was going to arrive. He was ready for him, he was prepared for him, and he asked him how did he know that, and he simply replied that he had a vision of their coming the night before. And Elmer wrote in the note section of his book, quote unquote, despite more than a year in this cultural millium, I was perplexed. And you see the same kind of surprise and kind of perplexedness across the board when it comes to the kind of and that's not just the ethnologist, centropologist, cetera. I could go to the Isle of Man. I could go as far away as the Isle of Man, where a poet and topographer called George Waldron he spoke to what he called a prevalent superstition at the time, and he said that certain kinds of quote unquote friendly demons would quote unquote you have notice of any stranger's approach. Okay, and to be clear, I'll read out his quote if you'll allow me. It's very interesting. Yeah. He said that, as difficult as I found it to let me just be clear, he was somebody who very often realized also that he had somehow been anticipated to arrive. He wrote that, as difficult as I've found it to bring myself to give any faith to this. I've frequently been very much surprised when on visiting a friend, I've found the table already spread and everything in order to receive me, and been told by that person to whom I went that he had knowledge of my coming or some other guests by these good natured intelligences, that this is a fact. He said, I am positively convinced by many proofs. But how or where from it should be so has frequently given me much matter for reflection. So again it's again, it's this surprise, it's this mystery. And yet a lot of the time you do find that the cultures in which these things occur are entirely expected, entirely understood to be a natural part of the human experience. And again it may be such that there may not even be a specific name for them. That's not always the case. There sometimes is, but also there sometimes isn't. And that's what's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you expand a little bit on the friendly demons who are kind of helping in a way or opening perhaps channels to connecting with others.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting because this is something that kind of came through in the first book. Also, in general, something you do find a lot in these accounts, in general accounts of what I am interested in, which are veridical visions or veridical intimations. These are accounts which in which the internal experience correlates with the external world. The simple example is what we spoke of already, the crisis apparition. You dream somebody you didn't know was in trouble are dead. It turns out, sadly, moments later the phone call comes they had actually died. The internal correlates with the external. That's what those are the kinds of accounts that these books are filled with. And regards the messenger aspect, it's very interesting because a lot of the time you do find that the information specifically seems to be said to come from a messenger. And as we just read out with Waldron, it maybe these kind of quote unquote kind of friendly demons, but in Native among many Native Americans, it may be a kind of a deceased ancestor or maybe a spirit animal, etc. But what's interesting again, and something that comes out through in this book, is that the same thing still occurs to our own contemporaries like you can go to for example, Alexander Bathiani's very very recent work on terminal lucidity, very amazing book called Threshold. I highly recommend it, and he had accounts just kind of in there where the individual claimed that deceased persons were giving while they were on their own deathbed. Deceased individuals were giving them information about their own future death or as often happens, about the dis and death of others, or the illness of another person for example, which again and turns out later to be correct. And I will say this also, we find it many of our own contemporaries in terms of you know, clinicians and physicians and doctors and neuroscientists, they find it very interesting at times, like the likes of Bruce Grayson, for example, who writes about these accounts where oh, this person who had a near death experience is telling me that while they were dead they met somebody they did not know were dead. It turns out later they actually had died during the time of the near death experience. So they find it fascinating and convincing. But I want to make this clear. In many of the cultures that I deal with, these medicine men, these shamans, these specialists, they weren't just always believed willy nilly, they weren't just casually believed, And these people weren't like inherently superstitious and gullab as such. It was only these repeated vertical visions that kind of bolstered the reputation of that individual and caused people to be impressed. In many cases, they were not impressed. So I just want to make that clear as well, because that is something that is a mistake that's often made by ethnologist and anthropologists in the early days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to expand a little bit on the demon theme and talk about fairies, elementals and I guess you could call them gnomes. You bring them up in the book, but I'd like to hear more about how they are interacting with their human counterparts and what kind of data they're bringing forth.
Speaker 1: Well in this book, like, I don't deal deep with kind of a deep extensiveness with that with fairies and dwarfs and noomester. What I really do is, again I try to highlight that while there are kind of cultural, culturally determined aspects of these experiences, again, the Christian may have maybe told by the Holy Virgin Mary or by the Holy spirit that for example, a certain individual or two individuals are arriving tomorrow or they're on their way, and then in the hale it will be said that they went out to meet them, and it turns out they were on their way. So with the fairies and dwarves, you'll find the same thing in relation to again much in a vertical information. For example, I do a chapter about the capacity of individuals to find lost items or lost goods, babbles, drink its, treasures, etc. Through these kinds of extracency experiences. In our own times, you find these still relatively commonly. For example, you find in nineteen forties New York, you'll find a survey where it was found that one of the kind of strange things that was still commonly believed in New York at that time, especially among Sicilians, for example, was that the dead happened to point out the location of lost items. And that's so fascinating because you find the same thing in a twenty eighteen sample of after death communications where people say, for my deceased husband pointed out the location of a lost key or lost document. And again I just come back and say, in this book, I saw that the very same thing has been reported, for example, in the Yucatan, where dwarfs, fairies, and elves are said to reveal their favorite places where specific rock crystals can be found. You'll find this very commonly where individuals who are on the shamanic path will they kind of begin on that path by an experience in which a third party, which in many cases is culturally specific, will point out to them the location of something lost. And we still see the same thing today, and it's that through line that I'm most interested in.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating. Looking to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Daniel Burke, discussing his newest book, Telepathic Tales, will be right back. Hey. I love micro brewed beer, but I gotta tell you I also love a good whiskey. And I discovered this amazing distillery in Tennessee called Chattanooga, and they make an amazing array of distilled whiskies that you have got to try. I recently had their classic Chattanooga ninety one, which is very smooth and tasty. I gotta tell you these guys are alchemists. They have a new whiskey they've just released called Intergalactic Comic Crusher and this is a whiskey that has botanical herbs in it and it really is fantastic. Check it out chattanoogle Whiskey dot com for their full line of whiskeys. I gotta tell you, these guys know how to make amazing whiskey. Again, that's Chattanooga Whiskey dot Com. I guess today is Daniel Burke. He has written a new book called Telepathic Tales, Precognition and Clairvoyance and Legend Lyric and Lore, and this is paranormal activities from the past generations. I want to talk a little bit about precognition because you go back, you know, a few hundred and a few thousand years to precognition regarding battle strategies. And when I was reading that, I was like, that is simply fantastic to know how your adversary is going to approach and how to how to go about achieving a successful battle. So talk about that, would you please?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Like I found it, like it's this is this is very interesting because it's when you you can you can only imagine, like if these are real human capacities. If these are experiences that can be to some extent reliable, and I should be clear also in many cases these experiences of either precognition to leap of the or clairvoyance, or spoken generally experience of attaining information regarding sorry distant information that is either distant in time or space. These were sought experiences in many cases, whether it's the sweat house, whether it's some form of brew, whether it's some sort of some sort of and theogen, et cetera. These states were specifically entered in order to attain this kind of information, the very same kind of information that we ourselves today still attain spontaneously at times. And again one can only imagine the implications of such capacities for intertribal warfare. On the Central Plains or the southern plains in North America, for example, you will have so many accounts in which the individuals kind of learn in these altered states the location of an enemy, or the extent to which their village is or isn't surrounded, or how many people are on the way. You know, what kind of even to the extent of what kind of things are being plotted. Maybe some form of mind reading or what's called reading of hearts in the lives of the Saints, this capacity to kind of get a sense of what the individual is thinking. But yeah, the point is, for example, we could take many examples. You know, we could look at the in Alaska. Their shamans were extremely valued, specifically because of their capacity to determine the strength of an enemy approaching the villager camp. It could be ascertained before their arrival. That's Alaska. You find the very same thing among the shamans, for example of Papua New Guinea. Those were critical quote unquote critical in warfare and were therefore numerous. It was the extent to which they had these skills relevant to warfare that their numbers actually kind of were what they were. And you'll find again in America. You'll find an anthropologist such as Gilbert Hurt. For example, he asked a war leader in Papua New Guinea why it was so that there were so many shamans. He said, because shaman's dreams for tell raids. You find this over and over again. And when it comes to these kinds of capacities, it does seem that to some extent, any distant information can be attained, not all at all times, but you know, things to do with the external world again can be found to correlate with the internal world of the individual spontaneously or sought.
Speaker 2: So in these shamanistic rituals, are they going in a vision quest to determine the battle scenario? Or is it more that they are so psychically sensitive that they can sit and automatically kind of perceive what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, it depends. It depends in many cases, yes, like French and Spanish mission So Spanish missionaries, excuse me, like they found among the inhabitants of what's now New Mexico that specifically paotic cactus was used, and specifically in order that they could induce visions in which a person could tell just what people might be on the way from New Spain to New Mexico. So, as I say, these were capacities that were not only understood, but understood such that they were sought and expected. Now, I want to be clear, there are many cases in the kind of traditional legends and lore of spontaneous accounts too. It's not one or the other. They have the spontaneous accounts just the same way we do. And in many cases, it's those accounts which actually set the individual upon that path in the first place. And you know, depending on how much this kind of affects the individual, you could imagine, I say this throughout the book, is that you could imagine these kinds of accounts occurring today kind of qualifying certain people if they had been alive in another time to kind of maybe take some steps along that path. And yeah, that's one thing that I want to make here is that these things are either entered into purposely using peyote or other kind of bruise, or again spontaneous. So not to keep harping on that point, but it is quite important.
Speaker 2: Can you expand a little bit on the shaman and their visionary capacities? Does the tribe select that person to be the shaman or is it more that someone will have a a vision and automatically they are relegated to that role as the tribal visionary.
Speaker 1: It's funny I was just reading today before the interview. I was reading a work community Healing among the kalor Harry Kong. It's a very interesting work which deals with the tribe in the color Harry surprisingly called the Kong On Surprisingly, I should say, and yeah, like one of the things that one of their great one of their quote un called big healers, he's blind, deaf and domb not sorry, not blind deaf and dum, just blind. And I was confusing that with someone else I was reading about earlier, and like he was saying that. So the anthropologist speaking to him was saying, like, his name is Richard Katz, I should say, he asked this big healer. He said, suppose someone that the dance says, how can you see that far? By which he means during an altered state which was induced by a specific kind of dance, this great heater claimed that he could see. He claims, for example, he can see hyenas, lions, and shepherds in the distance, sorry leopards, He says, I can even see as far away as trucks. I can see trucks and cars. And I say to people there's a snake crawling through the bush, watch out for it, for example. And he makes it very clear that when Richard Katz asked him, what if people say, like, how do you see this? He and he the healer tells him sometimes they simply say it's quote. If you'll allow me to use the languages b BS. I will say that he says that he even says that, like even some of his own people think that his visions are BS, until until they find the tracks of the animal that he said was in the bush, until they find that the car that he visualized was the car of somebody who is going to be visiting.
Speaker 2: For example.
Speaker 1: He makes it very clear that his reputation again hinges upon the accuracy of these vertical visions. And I don't want to make it I don't want to make it sound sound like I'm saying that all of these accounts dealing with indigenous and tribal people and shamans, et cetera, are therefore true. The point I'm making is that our strain, our initial the kind of biases that social scientists brought to these people are still very much in the air today. And you know, we make these generalizations these people believe in visions, dreams, et cetera. But it was very specific kinds of visions and dreams, and it was the same kinds of visions and dreams that we still have today. As I keep kind of kind of driving.
Speaker 2: Home, Yeah, you have mentioned dreams a bit here, and we know that native cultures. Indigenous cultures cherish their dream time, but you also cross over into the culture. You know, groups who are having these powerful dreams are we I mean, let's talk about dreams for a minute. They can be a very strongly telling people to do things and to look out for people and give us a sense of why they are important to follow.
Speaker 1: Well. I well, from my perspective, like one of the most the reason dreams are important, like there are there are many reason dreams important obviously, and they can vary between people in groups. But for me, what I find most interesting are again these dreams which actually give us information that turns out to be correct. Like for example, one of the common kind of stories I came across while I was researching for this second book was the dream in which the individual meets some the ahead of time. They meet somebody in a dream before meeting them in life, something that you find in the Roman and Greek kind of tragedies, whether it's you find it in the medieval romances, you find it in early modern divination and rituals and poetry. And what I really try to drive home not in this book, I should say, but there are some references I have. I have another book coming out specifically on this phenomenon. And in these people's lives, these dreams are undeniably and deeply important. They've shaped their entire destinies. They've made life changing decisions based upon these dreams. They have decided to whether it's move house or take up and a husband and wife, et cetera. You know, these are these are powerful things, and we don't necessarily have the Again, in the West, we don't have this easy cosmology to fit these experiences into. For example, Philo LEMI we speak, I speak about in a in a in a. I speak in this book a little bit about deja rev. That is the experience I just mentioned, which is where you are. It's when you dream and then you experience the person or the place or the thing from the dream later. It's not deja vu because deja vu is when you only have a vague sense that something is familiar. This is where you tie it directly to a dream. And I will make a quick comparison as for example, like in the celth Indonesian Turajian people, they have dreams that are called tindol. These are their true dreams and because they believe that at night, the soul leaves the body because they believe it visits distant places. They do not find it surprising that you may see somewhere you've never been and recognize it from a dream, because they are because they can easily fit that into their cosmology, that the soul leaves the body at night, whereas but also it can be very surprising, quite kind of shocking, and even it can cause people to kind of, you know, really question if they're maybe sane even to some extent. So that kind of example speaks to the get to the differences and also the power that these dreams can have in the life of the individual.
Speaker 2: M hmm. I want to take a section of your subtitle, it's telepathic Tales, precogni precognition and clairvoyance in legend, And I'm curious, where does the legend of a paranormal give it? Give us an example of a legend of paranormal function or paranormal events, because I think that's fascinating that a legend would be created from a single event or single seers, uh, you know, precognition or whatever. I'm just curious, Well, yeah, like.
Speaker 1: They're so like there's you could look at the work of for example, the English. One of the most famous English historians of all time was Bead, and like, he, how do I put this? So? Like, legends are often tales that are kind of based on real events but greatly embellished. Yes, and to that extent.
Speaker 2: I go ahead, yeah, go ahead, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like to that extent, it's it's interesting because legend can be incredibly helpful for you know, preserving human knowledge and like kind of secret knowledge through time. The problem is that because it's a legend it's it can then become mistaken for only that it can be then mistaken for something that doesn't necessarily contain perennial knowledge. But the reality is that across the legends you find over and over again you find these very simple, straightforward experiences that are entirely indistinguishable from those recorded by parapsychologists today. You have so many visions. Again, I can come back to Bead the vision of a king Ecric who was once the king of their former northern Anglo Saxon Kingdom. And he told us that a queen her, I cannot pronounce her name. You'll forgive me. I'll just say a queen she once paused, stopped and told those present where she was at the time, which was a church in Carlisle, England. Quote unquote, I've just had a vision of your husband's death. Return to your palace and escape with your children. Turned just after this vision, a messenger arrives with the news that this this king had in fact been killed at the very same hour of the vision. So the point is that that what you just what I just read there is kind of a it's a it's a vision. It's a popular vision at least it was, but it contained something that is just completely indistinguished from the accounts today where the vision occurs of the distant death and then immediately the message comes, whether it's a phone call, whether it's a knock at the door, that yes, that person did die at this time, and you didn't have an expectation for them to die. In fact, in many cases you didn't even know they were ill, for example. In other cases you didn't even know the person or haven't seen them in decades for example. So again, when it comes to legend and the legend lyric and low of the title, I'm somebody who will say, let's get our arms around all this information Okay, let's look at it all. Let's not discount this stuff. And it's not to say that it's all going to be right or contain secret information that I found and nobody else found. That's not the point. The point is that we need to be open to looking at it all and ask ourselves why these specific accounts were included, and what does that say about the culture, And what does it say about the local oral traditions, and what does it say about the beliefs, and you know, what does that say about how this may be you know, the same exact human experience that we are recording today.
Speaker 2: I was thinking more and legends, like say Julius Caesar had a premonition about a battle or something like that, and it goes on and on, and then it was so powerful he won the war, or he was able to do this, or get the data from a advisor who was particularly psychic in some way who could help. And I'm referring to a legend of someone's ability or the outcome of of of this precognition or something. And I didn't I didn't see if there was anything like that in the book. But when you say legend, I was thinking, perhaps there is a legend of paranormal psychology in a time period that is uh, you know unique.
Speaker 1: You're like, I mean, you'll have to forgive me. There are probably five to six hundred individual accounts in.
Speaker 2: Pick the best known. Pick one, like somebody who's like itched in our minds.
Speaker 1: Okay, like you do. There's I'm trying to think of somebody right now. There is one thing come into mind right now. It was I think Attila the hon Yeah, I believe. Or actually there's an interesting one also of okay, you know, you'll allow me one moment. I believe it's Garabaldi, Gara Baldi. I think I can find this account because yeah, so the revolutionary Italian general Giuseppe Garibaldi, he had what he called a profoundly affecting experience in eighteen fifty two. This again comes back to the research of the first book. But that's fine because I do include accounts of that kind in this book for the reader who hasn't read that book, and also because there are many more accounts that still need to be kind of laid out. But anyway, his friend Basso, and it's so called inseparable friend noted that this dream, this dream had an extraordinary effect on him. And this was in the words of a British historian called Trevellian George McCauley. He wrote, this worst of all terrors came not unnaturally to a man of forty six, troubled as he now so often was, by old wounds and disease, the scars of his conflict with man and nature. In two hemispheres. The fear haunted him in the night on the sorry, in the night watches on the broad Pacific. There too he was visited by a strained dream of the woman of Nice bearing his mother to the grave, which, as he declares, came to him on the very day which he died, far off on the other side of the world of waters. So Gara bally recorded this in his journal Giuseppe Garbaldi, And this is something interesting that he had a kind of a symbolic experience. He saw his mother being born to the grave by certain individuals in again in a manner that's kind of culturally relevant. That's something that comes out through the book as well. But yeah, there was something else I wanted to say, but it has gone, so you'll have to fill in the space. They asked me the question, save me the embarrassment of forgetting it.
Speaker 2: No, no, No, you're good. You're good because because I think of you have a lot of examples of the figures in history are noted individuals in their country that have been historically relevant. We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and will return shortly with today's guest, Daniel Burke discussing his newest release, Telepathic Tales. Will rejoin you shortly. My guest today is Daniel Berg. He has made a study of paranormal phenomenon down through the ages in his new book, Telepathic Tales. If somebody had, like I think of Merlin, Arthur and Merlin, and Merlin has this mystique about him which created this legend, And I'm just kind of wondering, maybe there was a shaman in history that you discovered who, through his visions or precognition or even prophecy, was able to routinely provide information so that the king won in battle, or that the natives were able to move their dwellings before you know impending tribe was gonna reach them, or something, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Absolutely again, like there are there are many references to those kinds of people in the book, Like there are so many, like even the Boil, the work I just referenced on the cone. Yeah, you know the name of the healer in that book, cow Da. So like he he would be a perfect example of somebody who repeatedly provided this accurate information, who again repeatedly, whether it's healing, whether it's information regarding and it's it's it's a so in the same it's kind of a how do you say, in the same way that maybe cow Dua's ancestors would use these capacities to kind of predict the arrival of maybe something to do with warfare, he may predict a more benign visitor, but it's the same capacity, right, And again I will reiterate to your point that, yes, this is a perfect example of somebody who who's verritical visions repeat who's repeated vertical visions where really directly related to why he was taken seriously to why his powers were seen in that light. And yeah, that would be a kind of an example of that. But I will say to the reader that throughout the book you will find many of those references to these people, but the focus on the book wasn't to kind of, to be honest, the focus wasn't to be specific that specific on an individual basis. But I can't say that having read the texts, there are many of those individuals and they will be referenced multiple times throughout the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, By the way, the book's very well written. Chapter two, the title is I Knew You were in trouble, And that's very pre cognitive in many ways. But why what was the general theme? Was it more safety help helping someone avoid an accident, or was it more just watching out for pe?
Speaker 1: Well with I Knew You were in trouble. One of the in fact, the most commonly recorded kind of experience of anomalous cognition through parapsychology again is the crisis apparition, again, the experience of the discovery of a distant death. However, something that was very very much ignored, especially from a historical and cross cultural perspective, were these visions and dreams which told you of a distant crisis that was not related to death, and not directly related to a death that was occurring concurrently, and like a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Because it's easier to get it across that way. There's an example in the book of a nurse, Arlene center Wall. This is reported in a journal of Christian Nursing. She described what she called a strange premonition, and this was in nineteen ninety seven, and she works in a hospital and say that just as one of the family members was asking her about her father, their father, she sent her Wall suddenly heard a quote unquote small voice within her exclaiming regarding a patient in another part of the hospital, Miss Bellinger is hemorrhaging. So she just heard his voice in her head stating stating a fact. She immediately grabs a nurse, rushes to Bellinger's room and finds blood pooling around the woman's legs. She was indeed hemorrhaging, and they quickly resolved the issue. When a nurse asked Arlie, and how did you know this, she just replied, I don't know how I knew, except that I heard, and except that I heard a still small voice inside me. And I just wanted to really draw attention to those experiences that are which are the fact that those experiences have been recorded across cultures and across time, Like I have an example of an Indian king who has a symbolic dream of his tiger whose teeth have been a tiger who's teeth follout, And it turns out that at that exact moment of that dream, his son at a distance had lost his teeth in a fight. For example. It's just one small example of the kind of cross cultural account he found in the book. But yeah, I wanted to really get across that these general accounts of a distant crisis unrelated to a death are very commonly found throughout these accounts too, throughout these texts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Could find another. I have another interesting example I'm trying to find for you feel. It was, Yes, Saucy Petra, ancient Greek account, and this is kind of an account where she was a mystic and she would kind of suddenly go into these trances, and in one of them she spoke out that a certain individual called Philometer was in trouble, that his carriage had tipped over. And one can imagine what I'm about to say is that it turns out the carriage had been overturned in a rough place on the road and the person's legs were in danger. Well, that's sound strange out of context, but she had suggested that was the case. The vision turned out exactly accurate, and again this is an important point. This convinced many of her power, So I want to get it across it. Even these less impactful visions that are unrelated to death sometimes convinced individuals of the mystic's power.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, there's so much good material. We don't have time for everything, but I do want to cover a couple of other chapters. There's a chapter that you it's called a Date with Destiny, where people are having dead and relatives who have recently passed come through and let them know that their time is coming, or maybe perhaps take them and let them know that it's not going to be as painful or as as scary as what they perceive to be. Can you shed a little light on that?
Speaker 1: So, nearing death awareness this is something that kind of comes out in hospices or in even near death literature. You find it with the lice of Peter Fenwick writing about it. It's this idea that the individual somehow mysteriously knows the day they're going to die. Okay, now this is no This isn't the kind of knowledge you can brush off easily if it turns out to be accurate, because even today, like we cannot predict the exact day somebody is going to die. It's essentially impossible, barring the most extreme cases. For example, I like to quote Jean van Bronkhorst, medical social worker. She wrote that in every nursing home hospital, in hospice I've worked at, nurses and social workers tell stories with awe about someone they knew who seemed to know or choose the moment of their passing. And we could go to another caregiver who spoke to Peter Fenwick, who is recently but his work is incredible and I recommend it to everyone, and he says that these types of things happen all the time. It's very unnerving. They know, for whatever reason, they have a presence. It's a definite feeling they have that they are going to die. And I would say ninety five percent of the time they end up dying right in front of me, and it's very disturbing to me. So you see that it is essentially under It's not kind of debated that these things occur, it's what does it mean? You know? Why do they occur? How do these people come into knowledge of their death. And what I do in this chapter is say, let's look at the legends and tales. Let's see what they say about how they're coming into this knowledge. And las you referenced, one of the main ways that they say they come into this knowledge is through is through deathbed visions of the dead, their own deceased relatives come to them and tell them exactly when they're going to die. The information is related to those around the death pad, and it turns out to be accurate. And I found that this is the same stories that you find over and over in the tails. Whether it's in Native America, whether it's in Papua New Guinea, whether it's in the Middle Ages, you find the same thing, a specific knowledge of death and that coming to pass even when, for example, the doctors didn't expect to be you to die, you're not in any immediate danger, and yet yes, you still pass. So this is some morbid but fascinating knowledge on the part of the dying.
Speaker 2: Do you have any well noted examples of medieval precognition of death that you can talk about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, there's so many in this book, Like there an ecclesiastical historian Bronius. Yeah, well he was on well he was on his own deathbed. He had a vision in which he saw on the wall opposite opposite him in large black numerals l x I X Now that's Roman numerals, that's sixty nine. And as it turned out, he was for some reason he was convinced that he would die at the edge sixty based upon that, and he did die exactly at the age of sixty nine. And you have so many other accounts, like from Bendict the Moore, who's a Sicilian friar. No, sorry that was apologies, now that's that's not that's not account of that kind. But yes, that's what that would be a kind of a typical medieval account. But you have many also again from bed, where a young boy is told by a voice the exact day he's going to die. Turns out she did, you have and Marguerite Petit de Noie, she was in a French journalist eighteenth century. We're moving a little bit ahead here. She seemingly knew something that those around her didn't. She had this is something you see a lot. These people make preparations. She arranged your funerals, She had the house draped in black. She carried out many other death related rituals even though she was considered to be physically healthy at the time. That's an interesting point. After completing this work, she died on the day and the hour that she had indicated. You see this over and over again in just completely disparate and unconnected works, just just you'll find it in the in kind of you'll find it in kind of small mentions in people's journals. You find it in biographies, maybe five lines is dedicated to it, maybe a paragraph, nothing more, nothing less. So that's that's something that's really interesting is that while you will see these medieval you'll see these kind of miracle collections where an entire tale is dedicated to this experience, but in our own times you may see a few paragraphs just because of the differences in culture, and the people don't want to, you know, speak about these experiences. They think it won't be accepted if you know, they're going to be considered crazy or whatever. There are many reasons.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's sad because we we we miss out on the mystic of our of our culture, you know, the spirituality. It's like, okay, he just dropped dead. But there could be a whole story behind it, as you're highlighting. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely there's a whole cosmology behind it that we are we have fallen out of touch with. Like though there's a continuum, you know, there is a It isn't for these people and by way, which I mean, whether it's many medieval, whether it's many who lived during the Middle Ages, whether it's these tarrations I mentioned in in Indonesia, whether it's those I mentioned in kind of the Grand Czech or region in South America. You know, this isn't a life that is begins at birth and ends at death by any means, by any means. This this is a life which you know there which we we we had an input in even before we came here, and we will have an input in even when we leave. And you can imagine you certainly can't imagine there being benefits to that kind of you know, philosophy, that kind of thought process in our own times, especially when it comes to death and knowledge of death and you know, loss and bereavement. You know, if there is a cosm, if we could appeal to the to such a comforting cosmology, I think it would have a lot of benefits for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing. There's a check after and I can't remember the name of it, but it's highlights dreams that locate treasures. And I'd like you to talk a little bit about that, because, uh, it's not one or two. You actually chronicle quite a few examples of people finding Now you mentioned earlier lost objects, but this is an example, or provide an example if you could please on somebody who actually found some sort of a treasure.
Speaker 1: Oh. Absolutely, Like, there are so many of these accounts. Like when you say treasure, do you mean money for example, or could I use money?
Speaker 2: Like there's there's some examples of people opening like a buried vase or something and there were like coins or something from a previous Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. So there's an account from an American anthropologist called Rosalie Hanky, and this was a story collected in California in which the informant lived on a farm owned by a man who died. But he never divulged the location of his fortune. Okay, but one of the men on the ranch quote unquote frequently went into trances. This was even before the death, for example, And he said that in one of these trances, these spontaneous trances, the dead owner himself appeared to him, had him follow him on a horse to a bare spot, where they to a spot where he was buried, and the treasure was pointed out by a crooked branch. He went found that the information given by the deceased person in this trans turned out accurate. And I found that interesting. Yeah, I found that fascinating because this is something collected in California by an American anthropologist in the nineteenth century. But like you see again, these trances spontaneously gone into you are the same kinds of trances that seem to have been entered for example, among innumerable Indian tribes, like for example, among the Payout of Nevada, there was their shamans would call upon us somebody and a certain shaman specific in order to locate lost property. Okay, and quote unquote, people would come to my father and say that he has lost something. The man would always have to go sleep first and would wake up with clairvoyant knowledge of the item's location.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And his name was actually doctor Dick, and he was consulted specifically when things went missing, and he would specifically enter trances to find those things. And that's what I find interesting, because you find people going into spontaneous transits today and also locating lost items. And if you'll allow me, I will give one more example of a modern, a more modern example. A psychoanalyst, Elizabeth Lloyd Mayor, she's passed on now as well amazing work called Extraordinary Knowing. That work this book called Extraordinary Knowing. The entire book was actually influenced by one of these experiences. So in some sense, you know there is a mundanity to these experiences if you're just locating a key or something or a watch. But in this case, Elizabeth Lloyd Mayer's daughter had lost a harp and they couldn't find it. They gave up, They tried everything and gave up. Mayor's friend. As a kind of a joke to humor, Mayor asked her to consult a dowser. Mayor is a very much a Western psychoanalyst, had no time for such things. She consulted the dowser. It turned out, they found out the dowser pointed out the exact location of where the harp was. This lost item through some form of remote viewing or trans I can't remember it was one of the other, you'll forgive me. The point is that Mayor's entire work and her entire life path in dealing with these extra sensory experiences was influenced by that one instance of discovering a lost item due to a veridical kind of trans induced experience. So again you see these connections through time.
Speaker 2: Amazing. You know you just mentioned remote viewing. What would be the closest example to remote viewing that you have documented in this Telepathic Tales, because that we hear about it today came out of a Stafford Research institute here in northern California. The whole remote viewing theme, and then they use it in the military. But it goes crazy. I mean, there's people looking at Mars a million years ago and yeah, apparent civilization. They're going back and looking at alien UFOs. I mean, the sky is a limit. But in your case, at the aquarian theme, do you have any kind of remote viewing tales that I'm sure you must that are very similar to what they consider remote viewing?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? I will say that like remote viewing itself isn't a powerful theme in this book as such. However, does first of all, a it's something that I'm working on for a second telepathic Tales. So there's gonna that's gonna be chock full of those kinds of accounts. But I will say that many general references kind of come out which speak to this capacity very clearly, Like, for example, they like the Shams of Easter, the kind of specialists of Easter Island were said to quote unquote look around in their dreams. And there you'll see this reference so many so in so many places. And there are different terminologies for it, like it's like knowing by wire, for example, that's something you hear. Missing missing people. Yes, there are many accounts for example, actually that that is true in this book. There are many accounts in which missing people and I should say dead people, I should say bodies are found and specifically often through remote viewing. And that's actually in the chapter we spoke about with the treasure tombs and visionary boons. But one thing I will say is that again, so many of these cultures specifically believed that the body the soul left the body at night, and therefore inherently had the pacy to remote view. This was taken for granted, and again therefore it will be unsurprising to kind of come across a place or a person you've seen before. But yeah, that's as specific as I can be because the subject was and specifically covered in the book. However, you're right to point out the military work, because they put twenty million over twenty years into this stuff, and this was taken very seriously. And you know, you've probably seen the acounts of the likes of Ingo Swan and all these other people who very who according to these records, and they have been externally looked at. Also, you know, accurately described very certain specific locations, whether it's submarines or whether it's military bases, et cetera. And yeah, I tie that to you know, I tie that very much to the accounts in the I should say, in the forthcoming book, in which tribes say that they also describe distant places before they got there, or distant you know, you know, hills or special or holy sites or rivers before they actually arrived there. Or a tribe will say that our shaman visualized our homeland and before we got there, and it was based upon this visualization, and that we you know, we had the directions to even get there in the first place. So I do tie those two things together in the next book, but not as much in this book.
Speaker 2: Okay, as we conclude, what would you say the takeaway is on this telepathic tale tails Is it to be more cognizant of these abilities because they've been around for so long and here's I can show you these examples. This is your book? Or is it more that this is a chronicle of man's ability to dip into some very strange parts of his psyche.
Speaker 1: I think it's a bit of all of those. Like I really think for me, the message of this book, in a fundamental way is I just want the reader to feel a sense of mystery, a sense of a sense of you know, there are many things still on the table. There are things we don't know. You know. Consciousness is so mysterious, okay, and it's it's it's kind of it's hard to believe, but like it's become blas ain, you know, it's it's it's it's people. It's it's like somebody somewhere will figure out consciousness or has it figured out. You know, we we are. This is a kind of a fundamentally mysterious existence, and I want that to kind of come through in these tales, and when it comes to more specifically with the kind of academic aspect, I want people to understand that, you know, these human experiences that you and people you know and our contemporaries still experience, whether it's you know, I knew someone was going to telephone me before they did, whether it's you know, I had a dream of my of my father, he told me he was dead, and it turned out he actually had died at that time, et cetera. These are experiences that have been documented since the beginning and I mean literally since the beginning of recorded history and through time. And while this book compiles many hundreds of those accounts, it's only the tip of the iceberg. There are so many more, and I hope that researchers will take it on board and maybe do some more with it, you know, go down many different avenues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fantastic. The book is Telepathic Tales. My guest today has been Daniel Burke. Give us your web address if you have a website, and let us know how people can get in touch with you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you can find me a near underscore death Underscore fe on x and you can get the book from All Good bookstores, Amazon dot com and my publisher inter Traditions.
Speaker 2: Are you on YouTube at all, Daniel? Do you do any YouTube work with groups or any like singular video?
Speaker 1: I actually do not. I do not.
Speaker 2: Come on, my friend, get going.
Speaker 1: I haven't gotten down the road yet, but maybe I will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to see your face on the on the YouTube. We want to see.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Telepathic Tales on YouTube. Hey, real pleasure, great book and thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the time. I appreciate the invite.
Speaker 2: This book, Telepathic Tales is a perfect candidate for Audible because it's a long book, it's got it's you know, total is about three hundred and eighty pages, but there's a big section of it that is references. But there's so much to like in it. It would be nice to have Daniel speak and narrate it. I love That's what I love Audible. I want my books to be narrated by any help. It's a very packed, full of detailed book and it brings up a lot of questions about human consciousness and human the abilities to to have precognition in these you know what cultivates. And we didn't even talk about this what cultivates these kayas of states, you know, does everyone have them? Is a certain environment that brings them out, and so forth and so on, so loss to consider. And we have one final tour this year. It's our Guatemala tour December first to the twelfth. This is a complete tour including shaman archaeologists and access to pyramids, temples and Mayan ruins, which is not readily available in Mexico, I'm sorry to say. For more information and the full itinerary, go to earth Ancients dot com, forward slash Tours and check out the itinerary. It's very it's a complete itinerary. It's one of the best we've put together and it is wonderful. Again. For more information, you go to earth Ancients dot com, forward slash Tours or email me at earth Ancients the number four of the letter you at gmail dot com. Earth Ancients for you at gmail dot com. All right, that's it for this program, and I think my guest today Daniel Burke, coming to us from Ireland. As always the team of Geltour, Mark Foster and Faiso Pravos. You guys rock all right, take care of you well, and we will talk to you next time,