Speaker 1: Should we switch?
Speaker 2: I mean, do you want to mend the controls and also my.
Speaker 1: Good side or you know what, I don't have a bad side, you've only had. All my sides are good.
Speaker 2: I think we're live and hi everyone, Hi, I think I think we're live on our good sides. O.
Speaker 1: Hi everyone.
Speaker 3: Thank you all so much for being patient as we were a couple of minutes late. We're super happy to be here in person. It's the first time I do live like this with a great and wonderful Ricky.
Speaker 1: Rose, with whom I have done several videos. All of them have been a smash it with people be so enjoyed. It's very distracting to see myself. I know why would do it, especially because it's switched That's so what I'm seeing is distracted. That's right, because it's right left and rights is not the same stuff. I'm Yeah, we're switched up sides in real life, so I'm not gonna look at myself and go look into the camera. That's a great the camera's actually over there, are hanging out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That voice my aunt said to me, it's she's so cute. She always says.
Speaker 1: Might over that voice.
Speaker 4: I said, hello, Okay, that's to my aunt Hi if she watches me.
Speaker 2: Hello, Mima. Okay, let's say hello.
Speaker 1: Are you okay saying hello to a few people? Let's say hello? But I can't. I don't have as good as eyesight as Rita. I can't read the comments all the way from here.
Speaker 2: You want to scooch over, you can.
Speaker 1: We can sit in the train. We can sit in the train. That Oh, the cat is staring at me. Hi, So what are people already saying? Stuff?
Speaker 2: People are in the comments? Hey, guys, we have our very good friend, the dentist Jeff, who gifted us black and white cookies from all showers? Have you ever like?
Speaker 1: Are you into black and white cookies? I like black and white cookies?
Speaker 2: Okay? So hee to this credit where we have is it or washers are or showers?
Speaker 1: Please remind me the name of the bakery. I actually have this for you here at the taste Oh, thank you, yell, and we have.
Speaker 2: SBB saying welcome Frita and Ricky, thank you so much, joy ming s f Night Owl says, I'm sure your interview be worth any weight.
Speaker 1: Ah, you guys waited six? What is it? Seven minutes?
Speaker 2: Wow? So long do you find that that as people get to know your talent and they have higher expectations, that it gets harder.
Speaker 1: People are like, no, I'm the only one who's harder on myself. Yeah, everyone else loves me just the way I am really think, so I'd like to believe so, right, please.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves you the way you are. I know, but I feel like people get.
Speaker 1: I'm my only enemy. Everyone else's is your.
Speaker 2: Friend, is my friend, but you're also your friend.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, of course you're good to yourself. I am very Yeah, but I'm hard on myself, very hard on myself. You're harder on yourself. Yeah. I feel like I wouldn't have gotten here if I wasn't.
Speaker 5: You gotta be Yeah, you got You gotta push yourself extremely extremely hard.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling like people are very positive and receptive?
Speaker 1: People really are, And I feel like in more in real life, even more than an on social media. I mean on social media as well, But when I get those real life moments, that's when I'm like, wow, that's so much more satisfying, Like when people come out to shows, when people see me in the street and stuff, yeah, and tell me that they love my videos and my music. That's when it's uh, it's really That's that's why I do it. Yes, it was worth it. That's when it feels like it was all worth it. Yeah. So if you see me in the street, don't be shy. Even if you're a hussy, dish or whatever, don't be shy. Some people are like afraid. They're afraid or I don't know why, but maybe because like other people will see or something. Yeah, I think a lot of it is other people will see. Do you like to get stopped in the street like a Williamsburg?
Speaker 6: I like, when I'll tell you, I sometimes feel like people have expectations of me that make me feel like uncomfortable, not uncomfortable, like I can't live up to them.
Speaker 1: Like I'm just a very like just a person.
Speaker 2: And they project on me unreasonable expectations and I feel like.
Speaker 1: I'm going to let them down.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, that's my my peckle.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's also all in your head. Nobody has expectations for anything. I hear you. I feel like I'm not comfortable with a spotlight. That's a big part of it. Okay, that's that's a difference. I love the spotlight. Yeah, I have zero social anxiety. That's amazing. So to me, like social settings people, I'm fully extroverted, not an introverted bone in my body. So real for me, what happens when you're by yourself alone, It's very loud inside my head, it gets very loud. Yeah, yeah, you get bored, your head does.
Speaker 2: I don't get.
Speaker 1: Bored, but I get like, if I'm alone for more than like twenty four hours, I start I start to feel like I'm going to go crazy. Really yeah, Like having the people around kind of drowns out the noise in my head. And I still even when I'm with people, like, it's still sometimes. I especially notice it more and more as I'm filming myself more and more. When I'm filming with my sister and I'm rewatching it and I saw how I acted, and I was like when she was talking, sometimes I wasn't present and I didn't hear what she was saying because my head was playing a whole movie. So I'm working with. Something I'm working on right now is to be present and really listen, not let my head wander around. It comes from being like I don't know, maybe like a little add or like maybe a little self centered is where I always only think about myself, but we all are a little wait, yeah, only think about ourselves. I think it's really really hard. I find when you create to be so one channel. Right, you're talking. Yes, see, now I listen to you. Let's make sure that I can see and I when I watch myself afterwards, I can see. I don't know if anyone else can see it, but I can see when I'm spacing out and when I'm in. My therapist says she can see it too because she can go on and then she's like, you're not You're not here?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you more inhibited?
Speaker 2: Because you sound sometimes more.
Speaker 1: Open and sometimes more inhibited.
Speaker 2: Is that how you know?
Speaker 1: No, it's more of a it's a little bit of facial expressions also. And I tell my friends, like I tell my sister, if you see me doing that, like, remind me that I'm not because I don't do it intentionally. Yeah, yeah, of course a lot of people do it, I feel like, but I feel like maybe I do it a little bit more than others because I'm an artist and I'm flying a little bit. Like I'm not always grounded, which you need to be that to be to be creative. You know you need to fly a little bit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So how are you doing? Should we really adjust this situation? Are you comfortable? I'm pretty comfortable. Yeah. I'm just thinking if like who am I looking at? Should I be looking at you like we're schmoozing and then everyone else will just watch us schmooze or should I be looking at them too?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: What would make you more comfortable? What would you enjoy more? I like seeing you laugh. Okay, I'm just gonna chillax and this.
Speaker 2: Chill as Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about you wearing a blazer? Tis the blazer? It's such a cute blazer. I wanted to show it off. Okay, I showed it off. Everyone's seen it. But it's not merch. I get feed them. No, it's not much. Are you selling merch? I am selling merch?
Speaker 9: Eh?
Speaker 1: I haven't told anything. Wait, no, I'm supposed to lie and be like it's great. Business is going great? Really it's not.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm trying to understand that's supposed to be effective.
Speaker 1: It's like it's good because people are wearing my shirts and they're like, where did.
Speaker 2: You get that?
Speaker 1: It's more about hear about me than making it into a business. I've tried a little bit. Bodcus bodcus. Yeah, you guys know what bobcus mean, right, Yeah, that's a great Yiddish word. How do you define? Bobcus means yeah, you can come a little closer to Mike. I don't know if people can hear you a voice, like, can you hear me? Testing testings on two three, Jimmy.
Speaker 2: J said, shalam, Rona says be yourself always Frieda and Ricky I like that dances high Frieda, Ricky and everyone watching Hello from Brooklyn, just.
Speaker 1: Checking if they can hear us.
Speaker 2: Cheryl's is hide from New Jersey. There is a message on my screen that says this can be played in the background. There was a still card, but that's gone.
Speaker 1: Wait a while.
Speaker 2: Before I tried elsewhere sun No, Yeah, say something in the comments that we can pick up what's going on. Bobkas means peanuts.
Speaker 1: Yes, peanuts exactly.
Speaker 2: So you know. Also, when we were kids, there was a plant that had these little bobkas on it that would attach themselves to you. Really no, you don't know. I grew up in Monroe with nature. Maybe that's why I think we called it bobkas. It was like little.
Speaker 1: Balls never heard of that.
Speaker 2: That were flowering off a plant and if you went into the plant, it would get all over you.
Speaker 1: Oh are you talking about with the stings, with the little stinger things. Oh. I took my dog to the beach when I was in Florida and she got it all over her never I felt she kept licking herself and I'm like, what is going on? So I looked at her. Her whole pauw was like covering her whole leg was like never, I had to. I tried to take them off my hand and I was I pricked myself so I had to get a tissue to get it off. Felt so bad, my poor doggie. Yeah, what's dog name? Tiny tiny? Yeah, she lives in Florida.
Speaker 2: Sweet yeah, very sweet. Hannah says hierarchy. When you were a kid, What did like boemer mean to you? Musically? I used to plan the first song i'd listened to.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, like boymin Yes by the way, happy lag everyone you say no, I heard that yesterday at a fancy a bad party, and now I'm copying. I just thought it sounded cool because like happy hug, happy lug.
Speaker 2: You got it Okay, After I looked like boyman.
Speaker 1: Bench after I look like boy. I love Levoymet obviously because well now it doesn't have the same significance that it used to have. It still does in a different way. Growing up, it was because we didn't listen to music the whole speed up. So finally we were able to listen to music, so that was like very exciting. We'd put on music aloud as soon as this Man hit and we'd go we'd dance and sing at home, and then we'd go out to the Habloka, whicheverone was happening. We went to a few different ones and it was really fun. But it was also a little bit sad because watching the men dance was not something I like to do. Yeah, I would be really jealous. Yeah, so it's something I still deal with, but like seeing these things, I get very jealous. Yeah, yeah, I know, kim us off from It's it's hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard. I mean a lot of women I think are fine with their role. Yeah, but I went to Monroe yesterday also and were there any women dancing. There was a little circle of women dancing, but I think they were like girls who came from out of town. None of the Heimisha girls were dancing, you could tell who's coming from out of town, Like the boys weren't wearing jackets and were throwing up their hands. Like from a distance, I could tell the clusters of people who were from out of town.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, so that's that's always bothered me. So you want to play I like misson misson. Yeah, sure they have a guitar. Yeah, but you do know that if we play something that's not an original, it de monetizes, including.
Speaker 10: The coved and sometimes sometimes yeah, it's so do you care content? No, I don't care. It's just really frustrating. People don't really nice that you.
Speaker 2: Can put out so much content and the littlest thing is like yeah, the little yeah.
Speaker 1: And sometimes people even try to claim your own original songs. I've had that too. I was like, no, you did not, I wrote it. I made everything from scratch, the entire thing. So frustrating, and they have the nerve to claim it every single time I post anything with that song in it, like Gool's blues song. Yeah, it's every time I post it, I get some in street records or something trying to claim the right feeling. Yeah, you have to upload.
Speaker 2: Your Oh you did not.
Speaker 1: Oh no you didn't. Okay, tuning hair, it's a little bit out of tune. You don't have a So last night I went to uh like women party was very nice to full and crowd.
Speaker 2: Nights where I got to dance. It's like, you know, so nice, did you perform?
Speaker 1: I'm living my dream right now. I posted a little video on Instagram about it.
Speaker 2: So what was the video?
Speaker 1: Just showing my day? You know, this is a new thing I'm doing is I'm rebranding my page, although it's not really working, but I'm trying. It's not rebrand I want to have a continuation, like an ongoing story, because so far my stuff is a little bit all over the place. You have comedy, you have music, if you dish, you have cooking, baking, this it's like a million things. What do they all have in common?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: So instead of doing all these things, I was like, let me just make a story of my daily life every day and film myself whatever I'm doing, because my life is very interesting. I don't have a typical life, you know, so or boring life. So so that's what I'm trying to do now. The first I post the first video today, Well, the first one was the day before, but I didn't really share much about my day. I posted the first one I'd say today, and the video isn't doing so well as my other ones.
Speaker 5: I mean, are you willing to and I worked hours on editing it. Are you willing to expose yourself like that? Though I'm not exposing I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you do make a daily blog, yeah for sure, I'd love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like you're like sharing my everything with my fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your private life.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I post my messy room. I mean, maybe it's not classy or whatever, but my thing has always been that I kept it real, and that's what people love about me. Kept it real. In this business, keeping it real, I don't know if we'll get you so much money. That's the only problem, because because pretty stuff sells a little bit better. But I think I'm always going to stay true and authentic to myself. That's something I'm obsessed with. I'm obsessed with, not with like keeping it. So if I'm having a day where it's not so good, you might hear about it, you know, maybe in a funny way, in an entertaining way. It's going to be entertainment. I'm not going to just put everything out there the way I used to, but I will do it in an entertaining way. I'm using my day to provide entertainment for you. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I get it.
Speaker 2: I totally get it.
Speaker 1: But you know there's boyfriend girlfriend relationship. Okay that I'm not posting because that's what my question was. Really, Oh yeah, the world's not ready for that yet. We still need a tickey an first. We sing to give the world an.
Speaker 11: I wish should I tell me through whiles, should like him?
Speaker 1: Should like him through whish like him? Listen, Nami tim the dartymat miss.
Speaker 12: This Nami and the daimatam and mister Vigo, Sebastian mind a ve CONTROVERASTIONI mane villa Sebastian, My basho my my vi intrabassi Mine have the introgussion beatbashion.
Speaker 1: My bash myne my die Russia.
Speaker 13: So were moms is my is through mom as my ass through?
Speaker 1: But nice that one's m b D.
Speaker 2: I think, oh really, it's a newer one.
Speaker 1: There's the classic Let's go.
Speaker 14: Giv I t you stro matter a giv out of a giva candy through a camsh I send you through wellsh I camsh.
Speaker 1: You through me, my dis man, it's not me after that died as is through I love.
Speaker 2: My snow lun Yeah.
Speaker 1: The lyrics I don't Yeah, I don't know either.
Speaker 15: And then by honey, you sh after your shams. So in my come by a buy your food eat chapter shame.
Speaker 1: Shame, and so so am I how cord is that? My? I know in the A minor scale, it's an. On this one it would be Oh, I don't know, I love, but this is ah. These are the classics. Oh do you know the in me lick up them Robby, shame by.
Speaker 15: M memo, dobby shame my body.
Speaker 1: That suit and drops.
Speaker 2: But in.
Speaker 1: Rabbim lobby my body rabby mom by.
Speaker 2: Ron is asking us to translate. So like BM is one day during the period of omer, omer is forty days between passover and trus during you're not allowed during the omer, you're not allowed to sing. Well, you can sing, you can't play instruments, instruments or cut.
Speaker 1: You're here wear new clothes.
Speaker 2: Ah right, what else do you know?
Speaker 14: Kanda les kanda, last Busma, make nish.
Speaker 2: See sweed like kid and we use.
Speaker 16: Wow zas shine live. Hey, wow, okay, this is great.
Speaker 1: I have had no idea. I had this song in my memory.
Speaker 2: So during the omer year, not allowed to do cutting your hair, put on new dresses, listen to music, and be very happy. Because Rebuke Akiva's students were not nice to each.
Speaker 1: Others and that caused them to be they died.
Speaker 17: They died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny because I asked T why that like the bow and arrows, and it was giving me a whole list advantage. You have to be very careful tragic because it makes up things. But it said that rebekkiv As students died in a play and there was no mention of they died because they were they were mean to each others. Oh well yeah yeah, I mean these things are.
Speaker 1: Unreliable. We don't know. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So no with nose glean, if you ever want to pivot your career, you would also be a Kenui does.
Speaker 1: It make money? A radical? I'm sure they have sponsors for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh I found this in Williamsburg.
Speaker 2: This flyer all sorts of like warnings about sneeze and this and that, and it was sponsored. Yeah, listen, no I obviously it's a satire when I do it.
Speaker 1: Obviously. Well let's go back to talk about like yeah, so like Boymett. Actually this year is growing up was very fun because we got to hit their music. Now, later on, I didn't have such a strong connection to it, but this year I feel like I'm a little more connected because I got to go to Midan when I was in Israel for the first time this year, so and the energy there was just you could just feel when I was there. I was there on Zaionu Did, which is Musha Abani's jutsa, and they say that that was a gilgel of Musha. That's what they're saying. Also, you know, we don't know, but I guess that's what they're saying. So it's a special time. And they had music there, they had a whole thing and we danced. I went there with my Birthright group and was very very beautiful experience. I felt very uplifted and it's just you can feel the I don't mean to be cliche, but you can feel the holiness in the air. But I use the word cliche. Yeah, I think so, I'm not sure I'm trying out no words great any other words in your I like, that's the one I was trying n once. It took me a long time to dare try these words. I wasn't even sure what they meant. So like it was very special being there. Have you ever been there? I don't think so. No, I've been to Israel. But I don't think. Are you like spiritual or are you not so into these things? I don't think I'm a spiritual person. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Like I find that I'm very I don't.
Speaker 1: I love communal things, but I don't have this no part. I don't look down at it all right, right, I hear what you're saying. Yeah, yeah, I have it. And then I have a part of me that makes fun of it. Yeah, you know, like it's a I've been very into I f S therapy that there's different parts, you know. So I have that spiritual part, but also have the cynic who makes fun of the spiritual. So together, we're all just having fun in here.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 18: That's why you can't concentrate, That's why you have to you can't pay attention. Yeah yeah, wow, interesting, But that's so nice that we're spending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also it's Sincle demile.
Speaker 2: Can we also sing Happy Birthday to Zelda, my very very very dear friend.
Speaker 1: Happy Birthday is actually one of the hardest songs to play.
Speaker 2: Really tell it with Do you know this?
Speaker 1: I always struggle with it. I don't know why because like when you started on the like your middle Yeah, okay, that's why I got it. It takes me like a minute to get the kym h.
Speaker 2: Zelda with much love, maybe even here a very precious person.
Speaker 8: Or wait, I have another mm hmm, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday too, Happy birthday day, halfpy birthday too?
Speaker 19: For I looking at Bootstock, looking at bootstocks all I looking at boot stokeses.
Speaker 2: You know, it's all it is one of the people I got to know. I think I wouldn't have known her enough for my work. Have you formed relationships through your work that is of course meaningful to you? Yes, you know a lot of people say, oh, it's just the Internet, it's not real life. But it can become real life, right, Yes, that's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying when people it becomes real life when people stop you in the street and talk to you and come to your shows and come to your tours. Yeah, you know even if you live in Waysburg, you can go on free to store. That's so cute, Like you don't need to be an outsider to go on her tour. You should make us see the store because story you should make because of the store. People will love it because I'll be the guest celebrity.
Speaker 20: It's gonna have a high ticket price, yeah, because we'll have it'll be musical tour.
Speaker 1: Musical tour. That'd be nice.
Speaker 21: But I had an idea at some point to do a shop tour where we start with Vaughan and then we go to bakery and we have zoas, then we have and finish and we sing songs.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it's actually thinking I would join. We could have a collaborative project.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. Let's do it. What are you working on? Let's tell people what you're Oh, okay, I love that. I'm working on my album. Very exciting stuff. Is it like a song? It's ten brand new songs, all original, all in yaddish. I'm sorry, but you know music is universal, so you can enjoy them even if you don't know yaddish. I'm working really hard and trying to get it done asap, but it's taking a long time. So we're already on song number five, so we're halfway, kind of halfway through. We're getting there. I hope that for my birthday, but I can't promise happy birthday when in October. It's a long it's a very long process. I mean, I doubt it's going to be ready for them, but I really wanted to. But you know, we'll see. And I'm going to launch a big fundraiser as well to raise the money to cover because it's very expensive to make an album and I need all my fans to This is going to be a community project. I'm telling everyone this album is a community project. This is not just mine, This is everyone's, and whoever wants to be a part of it, wants to chip in, is welcome to do so, and will be greatly appreciated, and you'll feel like it's yours too. Songs are very relatable. Most of them are about mental health or fun, you know, having fun like dancing, pain, joy, no emotional I'll be right, there's everything in this album that any human being can relate to. You've written all, I've written most of them. I have one song that I'm writing together with my producer and maybe we'll write another one together. So I'm not sure yet which of the songs are going in because I'm still deciding. I have more than ten songs, so I still have to decide what songs are going in, and then hopefully tour after that will follow. But I'm already kind of on a tour because I'm also without releasing my album. I'm basically on tour right now. My whole summer is just gigs everywhere in the world. It's amazing in Poland. I'm going to Poland, yes where else Toronto, Wow, Massachusetts festival season, so I'm going to get stuck. I'm going to in Toronto, it's a Jewish music week. Have you heard of its festival? And in poland's also a festival Jewish Culture, Jewish Culture, and I'm performing Kazunas.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing like a Ricky Rose show. It's more like I'm in a Kazunas show. And that's a really cool experience because we've done that show before here in New York and it's with a live orchestra. So performing with a live orchestra is really where I belong.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 1: It's just feels feels like it's what I'm supposed to do, feels right, and it's just so beautiful. Like the for your ears, it's like wow, you hear the whole like hearing it live. It's the first time I ever heard a live orchestra, even not just performed with one, but heard one. So just hearing all that was like insane for my ears. It's not the same as when you hear it recorded. Just all those like string sections and everything live and say your passion is infectious. Yeah, I love that. Should we look at some of the what is the oil? I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can pull up your chair a little. You don't have to be shy. So one says place skinnered.
Speaker 1: Lynyrd SKINNERD I don't know about this. Sounds like a boy.
Speaker 2: That's pulling for you. Guys says, so you like more classical?
Speaker 1: It's my ass Where Massachusetts you'd stuck? So that's another festival you'd stock And it's at the Eis Book Center Amherst, Massachusetts. Have you heard of the other book center? Yeah, I'm hoping to collaborate with them on Yeah, it's a great place. I hope to do a video about it one day. I don't know why it never happened.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing like I've heard only amazing things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so. My favorite sign was the one where the bathroom and it says VI the kaiser so funny goes by himself.
Speaker 2: Wow. So happy I can catch feed alive my first time. I want a treat to see Ricky Rose being interviewed again. I love the video you both just did reliving childhood games fun.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the cookar the cougar. That was amazing, you know. Rewatching it, I was like, wow, I am really good at it.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't even realize. I was like that looks badass.
Speaker 2: Watching that for me was very painful because I'm like, I'm sorry, but you were.
Speaker 1: So generous with me, Missie. All have our things were good at.
Speaker 22: Some people more like special things than others. Jimmy Jimson had joined halfway through the stream. Can someone lead me into the right direction to her music?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: This is Ricky Rose who plays Yiddish beautiful blues.
Speaker 1: It's like a mix of blues, rock, jazz, even pop. It's so Siddish music, all genres.
Speaker 2: She's single handedly inventing a genre Ofish women's basically accented music meets.
Speaker 1: There's not nobody doing what I'm doing the way I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: No, there's so many men from the residual world who are creating music merging, but.
Speaker 1: Even the men, it's like, from the experience, from the perspective of where I sing from, nobody has written from that perspective, you know. Yeah, Well, there have been a couple of I guess someone who left and as a woman, yeah, there has never ever been I'm the first. Yeah, not at all.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also like I think there maybe have been women who've tried, but maybe they weren't taken seriously, because the world tends to not take women seriously sometimes when they try to build a career. So it took me a long time to get people to take me seriously, especially because I also have this comedy side of myself, so people, oh, she's just a comedian, you know. But to get people to take me as a serious performer, it took a very long time and hard work. And now it's like I'm not playing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think anyone with an I could see that you're talented. But I find this very much that many people, if they don't know where to slot you in, will be very resistant to taking your art seriously.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, like people like whenever I would be around guys, even men, even not just men, mostly yeah, I guess even people who have left the community, like who aren't even religious, and I'd be singing a stickle and I put down like a stickle, you know, that's what it's called a cantorial piece. They'd be like, not always, I'm not saying it's not a generalization, but I've had experiences where people would just they'll listen and then they'll be like joking, be like you should, like Rodney medodis, you should get Like they're basically telling me there's nowhere for you to perform. Let me like joke about it and tell you to do and Rodney like, you're not making any sense. Some people tell me go try to find the position in like a reform conservative synagogue. That made more sense to say. But a lot of people be like you should, I mean, and I'll be like, yeah, Okay, I'm coming, Like, don't tell me to come because I'm gonna come.
Speaker 2: K Yeah, okay, Kim, would you.
Speaker 1: No, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: You know there, I will.
Speaker 1: I mean if they want me, yes, for sure. I only go where I'm wanted and celebrated.
Speaker 2: Women women have been told this like a shoot of stuff. You know how many women at all. It's a shame you're a woman because your head is wasted on women's stuff. I mean it's very hurtful.
Speaker 1: What are you supposed to do with your I mean I get it. Some people just are not like mindful, they're not aware that it could be bothering you when they say yea, and they think it's like a joke or whatever. That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're trying to pay you a cut.
Speaker 1: Right, that's the truth. But sometimes it could be like you know, like it's so funny.
Speaker 20: Yeah you know what I mean, Yeah, especially when you're hurting and yeah, yeah, who is someone you look up to?
Speaker 1: Ricky? Who is someone I look up to? I don't know, let me think about it. I like like simple people like I don't look up to people in power or people who are like an ebbas or whatever. Like I look up to you, you know, like a normal like a you're actually very special and normal.
Speaker 2: Normal not normal but such terrible words.
Speaker 1: Not normal, but like my friends you know, I look up to my friends, look at them, they're doing their thing. My little sister, you know, she's doing her thing. I look up to just everyone basically, not like, oh this person there is a legend or whatever, but you know everyone, we're all the same. We're really all the same. You can be inspired. Yeah, I guess I look up to a lot of people. I can't think of like an example, but but you know, we're all the same. At the end of the day, we're the same and we're unique. I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I totally get.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I couldn't have that answer if you were to ask me, like what musicians I look up to that let me think of that. I'm gonna phrase it, and like a category of musicians I really like. I don't know if I don't know them as people, so I don't. I can't like say I look up to them, but just their music is what I know is in the goysher world would be like Ray, Charles B. B. King, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong. Are you seeing a pattern here? Wow? This is the music I like. And now there's this artist Ray, She's like the latest. She's like blending genres also like jazz with pop and her own. She's her own genre, like her album. Her latest album is a masterpiece. So that's someone musically that I looked up to. Jacob Callier. Have you heard of him? He makes the crowd saying he's also like very musical and it's very intimidating people like that. But yeah, it's like, wow, they're so talented. Yeah, and I'm thinking in the Jewish world, if I look up and I really look up to Shirley Green actually because I also know him personally. I've known him for a long time, even from stone I was married. He's friends with my ex husband I think was. I don't know, they're still friends. But I just he's a good person. He's worked so hard to get to where he is and he's made it by being himself and being true to himself. So I really look up to him. And I'm inspired by him too, very inspired by him. I guess I do it. People look at that just took me a minute to get there. Yeah, the backage the guy.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, he really inspires me continue doing what I'm doing. Yeah, I think I'm man. Yes, I met you also, yeah, all right, yeah, there are you coming this year? I don't know. I'm thinking about it because I wanted to do a video about it. I found it really interesting. It's very interesting. Yeah, yeah, but I think I'm like the senior citizen at a camping festival like that. It's yeah, it's pretty I honestly I hate camping, and I I hate camping so much. Every year I say I'm never doing every time I go camping, I swear that I'm never doing it again, really every time, and then I do it again, and I'm going again this year. But I'm honestly thinking of just doing like like either getting a hotel somewhere nearby if there is, I don't know if I can find, or an RV, but it's going to be very expensive to get r V, so I don't know if I can afford it. We'll see. I'm performing on Friday, so worst case, if I really don't feel like camping, I can leave for Shavis, but it would feel a little bit like, you know, I want to be there. I also have summer stage on Monday, so I definitely need to be like well rested and not like over exert my energy. Throughout Jovis. Wow, it's so fun, so many fun things.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you like Nina Simone? I do like Nina Simone? Yes, you love the greats? And at home? How about Stevie Wonder? Oh yeah, of course, very superstitious writings on the world. Don't lose the numbers? Really, Dan from Forest Hills, I don't know that one. I'm at the age where.
Speaker 2: My idea of camping is cold room service, my wife says, Colleen says, my wife says, camping is room service at the marriage.
Speaker 1: Johnny Hartman, I don't know what it is. I'm sorry. There's a lot of names that I won't know because I didn't grow up with all this.
Speaker 2: So it.
Speaker 1: And there's so much to learn, so you never catch up. As much as you catch up, you never catch up, you know what I mean? Yeah, for sure, But you have a whole body of knowledge of I already do. Yeah, of a different kind.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you want to taste of black and white cookie and tell us what you Yes? Okay, it looks amazing a hunt to find my favorite one. But black and white cookie is the answer to racism exactly. There's a whole Seinfeld episode about this. Really yeah, yeah, yeah, it's very funny. Oh, I got a big piece. Do you prefer the brown or the white? Usually chocolate the chocolate?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you think of this particular? Really good? Yeah, okay, I like classic.
Speaker 15: I like it.
Speaker 2: H I've been trying different cookies and I'm trying to find one that I like, but also I really would like to find one that's kosher.
Speaker 1: This isn't kosher. Are you kosher?
Speaker 2: It's sort of kosher. It's it's a basically that has some items are certified kosher.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have that's as far as my closure goes. Okay, so wow, this is good. I'm gonna eat the whole thing. Yeah, it is really good.
Speaker 2: I never knew I liked black and white cookies until I started to look forward.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely more of a chocolate what are you I like the white of this, but there's more chocolate on this. You notice the ratio is unjust unjust unus. But the best part is when you take both like that, Yeah, exactly, you know from both sort of goes sure.
Speaker 2: Oh so good?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't realize that I was actually hungry. Oh not never. I feel bad. We should have good really so it's really yummy. Yeah, it's really good. I'm telling you, I never like black and white cookies, but I grew up with extremely sweet. It wasn't good actually good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I decided to try to look for a black and white cookie I like because it's like something fun, because most of the time I don't like it, and that makes it more of a challenge.
Speaker 1: Most of them are so sweet. Interesting. Yeah, what's happen? It's a flower from the same place, may flower, I guess a tulip. See, I'm suspicious of this one. This is like, I know what kind of truck, what it is. It's suspicious of them. I think it might be of what they put in in this stuff, like gelatins. Yeah, and not just that because I'm allergic. Oh look, it says butterflower, eggs, sugar, baking powder venither confection of sugar. That's food coloring the rank powder. Oh okay, that's good. Should yeah, let's try it. What's it's already broken? Ever? Yeah, broke at the place where there's no I think? Is it very sweet? Good? Yeah? It's buttery, which I like. Yeah, yeah, I make a forgot. I'm here to keep track mind you. Well, should we see anyone else said anything?
Speaker 2: Call call our live stream a day, or you want.
Speaker 1: To sing one my song for I think makes what is what I'm saying? Martine says, you don't need to be hungry to have cookies.
Speaker 2: You know, I just had a filling of my suits and I'm feeling it, which is not good.
Speaker 1: Use it to heal the world. Take it away, Ricky. Since miss Planetmaster.
Speaker 2: Carls is perhaps freedo, Nanny Rich, Mimmy and Seth can get together and make black white cookies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, that would be so much fun.
Speaker 2: Is it true that SAtma Reva thought like Boyman should only be celebrated in Israel?
Speaker 1: Mhm, never heard that? You know the song from.
Speaker 23: I'll from Fell Door Tophing Green Stop Stay the shaner pasted were not feeling less so good?
Speaker 1: It is all mockers face.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 7: Katy talked Nzi and riding valuable the bale bosses a million, fishing about.
Speaker 2: Only made finding a often hurt.
Speaker 1: It's a love song now and there was chef very head and face. Not a love love story.
Speaker 2: In May.
Speaker 24: It's very calm. He's now after films in the US in a midt, He's grow.
Speaker 2: It's the la in my tub in their parts Golden.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the rest of the song, but it's like the story of how they got married and then he.
Speaker 2: Follow and he.
Speaker 1: Her to marry a poor student who didn't know anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he went to learn.
Speaker 1: And then he saw the water dripping on the stone and making a hole in the stone. It's like drops smart. That's such a part of the message.
Speaker 2: It was all about how water dripping on a stone will eventually.
Speaker 1: Erode it, yes, and into his head. So he's like, you know what, I'm a forty year old alta cake and I could still learn something new. And he went to Shiva and he learned for what twelve years, and he became the greatest became the greatest scholar. And he came home and so his wife was still struggling. And overheard his wife telling the neighbor that I would give another what did she say, twelve years in order for my husband to continue learning. And she didn't even know that he's made it. And so he returned for another twelve years, and then he came back.
Speaker 2: And the great friend with all these students and yeah, I mean he's proven.
Speaker 1: Right, I will be like, nah, you better stay home and provide because I'm not playing these games. But you know what, what was her name, Roco or something? Yeah, Roco was made of a different different breeds.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing story because I can never it's so different from what we grew up with, which is you marry someone the same age who matches you and you have a family together.
Speaker 1: She wanted to and she came from a rich family. She had everything, and she gave everything up for this man who I guess she was in love with. I hope they were in love because otherwise.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is, she really wanted him. Let him go learn for twenty four years and say what was the verse from the song?
Speaker 1: Her father was so against it, the toctor villain, this name.
Speaker 2: The father doesn't want to know.
Speaker 1: No, it's amazing, I want to know anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we grew up on this essentially a love story. She was like, I'm going to marry him. Yeah, and married because he was a genius and in the end like he wasn't.
Speaker 1: She didn't know he was a gene he was a good term Alma wuits or something like, yeah, he knew not he was a pasta.
Speaker 2: He was a pasta. He was a shepherd, a shepherd, Yes, that's an amazing story. And he was working for her father. So at the time I think, yeah, so she was an amazing story. And he turned around and became a great sage.
Speaker 1: That's just yeah. Is that what we celebrate? So no, so yeah, Shimar, who he was a talmud, was a student of this and the people who died were all his tell me them right, So Shiman was, I guess, one of them. And Shiman has the other story where they he had to skate because you know you told the story. Did you tell the story earlier?
Speaker 2: No, we didn't talk about it.
Speaker 1: Where he Shiman was, there was like a anxiety how do you say anxiety? Decree and will degree that they're going to kill them, that all the scholars and they had to go and hide, so they hid in a cave. They went into a cave. I think he went by himself, right son, what's that cave? No? I think with his son? No, I don't know, but he had to whatever it was. He was in a cave for thirteen years with no nothing. All they had was a little water taking a date tree, so they had dates and water. That's all they had and they were learning and doing like spiritual work for thirteen years. So at the time he got out, he was basically completely disconnected from the physical world. And he looked around and because he was so on such a level, whatever he looked at turned into like fire and burnt and he was like destroying towns. So they told him to go back, and he went back to kind of that's what you say. Integration is important. To integrate whatever he learned because he had to come back to the world. So if you're doing psychedelics or whatever you're doing, integrate it. Make sure not to come oh, I'm holier than now, because you're gonna hurt some people. So that's so funny. Integrate important. So when we were kids, for lud boymet we would draw.
Speaker 2: We would create an artocraft in school out of a plate amata okape and inside a day tree and a well of water and then a lack boy.
Speaker 1: We would play with the bows and arrows. Do you know why why did you play with the phone boings? I don't know why. I've asked people.
Speaker 2: I made a video where I was like, I'm not going to answer today why, But it was really because it was too difficult to excite.
Speaker 1: I don't know why why did we I don't know. Yeah, it's not clear. I guess thrasing you Ramada, Ride.
Speaker 2: Lind.
Speaker 1: And Whiskey.
Speaker 11: Like a grabby shim rabby shim body may grab mom Rabbi.
Speaker 1: Bodio.
Speaker 25: It's also the thing of people go to give the haircuts. Yeah, yeah, because you know how to cut your hair. So if you have a three year roll that needs to get their haircut during the omer.
Speaker 1: Then you do it on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's a a fun holiday. It's a very Yeah, it's a minor holiday. It's a minor holiday. Yeah, but it's become a very big festival. It's a festival. Yeah, it really is. Yeah, yesterday singing dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very singing dancing ceremony. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what should we leave on to make sure people are learning more about your work, Like maybe a song?
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll share one of the songs that we're gonna go on the album, A little sneak peek. Oh I'm not gonna do they, but I'll do a little part.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you guys have to like look up Ricky. If you aren't following her yet, you have to look up her work.
Speaker 1: This song is called IFS because I told you about the IFS therapy, which is integrated. You know, it's internal family system. It's the idea of there's different parts inside of you and they all have different roles. They were created at different times. Some are managers, some of protectors, and they all speak to each other all the time. So you hear voices in your head. That's all your parts talking to each other, and then there's the self who's observing all this happening if you have the awareness. So it's very trippy, trippy therapy. It's helped me so much because in the past, if I would have a panic attack, I would get consumed by the panic and it would be extremely painful. It's just being fear like and I would get it on airplanes. I still do, but now I get it a lot of different times when I get sick, when I feel anything out of the ordinary, or sometimes just random. So now instead of getting so scared and consumed by it, I observe it like this part is coming out. This is a part that's usually exiled. Right which parts are in exile? This part is triggered by something, whether if it's on a plane or if something's off. So she's coming out now, And instead of like feeling like, oh my god, I'm panicking, it's more like, okay, this there's like this two year old or I don't know how old she is, but like maybe it's even a baby two year old or three year old that's very, very scared right now. How would I handle a two year old that's scared? And instead of like just being consumed by this fear and the hysteria and the panic, I talk to it like as if it's a baby. Literally, So I'm sitting on the plane talking to myself like a Michigan. If it works, it works, and I'm sitting there, I'm like, it's okay, you say, if you're such a brave little girl. I'm just talking to myself the whole time. I'm crying because sometimes she needs to cry, she needs to scream, she needs to shiver and shake. She's a baby, you know, she needs to kick and punch and whatever babies do. And it's really helped me a lot, this therapy, and not just with this part, the understanding different parts like depression. Sometimes I'm unmotivated and I'm like, oh, this part is coming out today, so I'm like, hey, what's up. Sometimes I'm a little bit more stricter, like a strict mother, you know, like we have things to do today. I'm really sorry, but you know, yeah, it's like tough love and sometimes it's gentle love, and sometimes it's sometimes I tell them, mommy needs a break. You go to the bathroom. You line itself from your part. No, it's not like I disassociate and watch TV or something like that. Got it, okayation, But just it's so it's been so helpful, and I've done so many therapy since, psychedelics and breath works and everything. I've done everything to help myself. Are you in quiet away, I'm not.
Speaker 8: I was on for.
Speaker 1: Fifteen years on and off antidepressants, and for the last three years I haven't been on any and I've been making progress in my career so much in my life. I feel like the meds not for everyone. I can't speak for everyone, but me personally, the meds kept me stagnant. It kept me not moving just in one place. It numbed me so I didn't feel anything. So I didn't feel the need to push for anything. I was just completely numb and just blah. You know, I'm not saying I had moments of joy and moments of things of inspiration, creativity, I still because it's me, but it didn't push me to make real changes in my life. Yeah, to put in that hard work because everything was like, eh, you know, made amazing changes. I have completely transformed myself. I look at pictures and videos and I don't recognize myself. And again, these parts they're always there. I know that these parts are still in me, and they're there, but you know, I haven't really talked to those parts yet, the older parts that are still there. But it could be there not even there, because it could be those parts where children acting out like as well, So it could be that those parts are these children that are scared and whatever.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: So I don't know exactly. I'm still getting to know my parts. And every now and then I meet a new one. I was like, oh, I haven't met this one yet. It's very trippy. It's very trippy. I recommend it for like anyone who's going to therapy. It's so trippy, and it helps you understand yourself, like really under stand yourself and be able to work with yourself, you know, yeah, anyway, So that's the song about it, where I talk to the anxiety and the depression mainly. Should I translate it? So the first part goes scared, I'm scared from everything, anxiety or within me. I can't get rid of you, Anxiety, from everything you try to stop me from living my life. I know that you're here and you're trying to protect me, and when you act up, you want to make sure everything is running smoothly. Anxiety or within me, I can't get rid of you. Anxiety, You're within me and you care for me. Thank you. And then depression, Why are you giving me a headache? Mudhash kleita, a dark depression, It's not a way of life, mutish clut Shane. I know again the chorus, I know that you're here and you're trying to protect me. And depression, Thank you for you keeping me from being disappointed, from having too many highs. You're protecting me, So thank you to you. And then the bridge goes. All the things that make who I am, the good, the bad, the laugh, the cries, they all care for me and are here from me, and it can always get better from here. So I'm gonna do just a little a little bit of it. I don't know if I want to give the whole song away just sneak oh. And then I finished the song scared. I'm still so I feel like I'm sharing too much of the song you'll hear.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to even think about as you say this, I'm trying to think about how you would say in kiddish.
Speaker 1: I'll just do the first part.
Speaker 2: Moira, Comira fin.
Speaker 1: M City, eat it, I'm a smovie. Anxiety the best in me, kenfy.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm, anxiety the hardest, an honesty deveils me?
Speaker 9: Did h de produced off me? How and then the FUFI spells the anxiety to exa it field it on and you can the stuff ti me.
Speaker 7: Alesma anxiety, divest with me, cafy anxiety, divest with me, infamy tasty kid.
Speaker 1: So then it's you know, it continues and talks about the next part, beautiful. Well, I guess I guess soon we'll get to hear it on the album. Yes, hopefully. I'm hoping that.
Speaker 17: We'll do more work when you promote the album, will do more stuff together. Yes, I really want to do a cooking with cooking let's do it. Yeah, okay, great, well, thank you all so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, happy like boy, happy am I. Thank you everyone, Thanks for your comments. Bye bye