Speaker 1: Oh hoos me with us.
Speaker 2: The Hell.
Speaker 3: Of the the Who Today, I want to talk about a topic that you've heard covered, but we don't often hear people with academic expertise covering this topic.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think to a.
Speaker 3: Degree I have that, But what about the issue of transhumanism as an academic discipline as a study.
Speaker 1: Today I have one of.
Speaker 3: My good buddies as the guest with me. His name is David Patrick Harry. You can find him on Twitter under that as well as on YouTube under Church of the Eternal Logos. And David, I want to talk to you about transhumanism because this is a subject that you know very well. I think you're studying this at the academic level. Before we get into it, I'm going to let you give your take on it. What I understand is kind of an agenda that we have been under for many decades.
Speaker 1: We can go back to people like HG.
Speaker 3: Wells, who wrote a book called The New World Order, the Open Conspiracy, Bertrand Russell, other people in those circles.
Speaker 1: They said they wanted to go back to Plato.
Speaker 3: Utilize Plato's philosophy of techney and make it into a technocracy, a world government ruled not by nation states, not by firewalls of the family and borders, but rather a global federation of world citizens where nobody has identity other than what the system gives you, ultimately by some sort of matrix, some sort of thing to be plugged into.
Speaker 1: And as we progress up into the future.
Speaker 3: Beyond the designs of people one hundred plus years ago, we see books like Between Two Ages by Brazinski outlining this world government we see that's run by technocracy. The book is called the Technotronic Era. We see people like Zhaka to the Kissinger of France writing books about transhumanists as the tip of the sphere of the revolution. We find people like Klaus writing books like the Fourth Industrial Revolution, where he talks about how we're going to be LinkedIn to Skynet.
Speaker 1: We see his understudy You.
Speaker 3: Noah, you of all Harari basically saying the same type of stuff. What is transhumanism? Does it have a predecessor in the ancient gnostic cults and mystery religions?
Speaker 1: And is it kind of ultimately something gnostic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me, Jay, I really appreciate the opportunity, and this is a topic that I've been really concerned with and is the primary focus of my academic research. And as you highlighted, you know, we have a lot of conversation, and you do incredible work talking about many of the globalist elite books and the technocracy and how transhumanism fits into that.
Speaker 4: But what I think most people aren't aware of is that.
Speaker 2: The sort of philosophical presupposition that give an undergird transhumanist philosophy in the contemporary period.
Speaker 4: Actually have pretty old roots.
Speaker 2: And I would argue that you can look back to early philosophers like John Scotis Origina. He was an Irish Neoplatonic Christian deemed heretic by the Church, but he was considered one of the leading philosophers of the Carolyn Gian era, and in the eight hundreds he talked about this new concept of the useful arts as redeeming the abilities.
Speaker 4: That were lost to Adam due to the fall.
Speaker 2: And so what's interesting, and a handful of scholars have made this argument, and I actually agree with it, that transhumanism and transhumanist philosophy actually emerges out of heretical belief systems within Christianity, specifically Western Christianity, and that from the Scholastic period forward. This idea that technology and technological or mechanical means are going to divinize man and regain total universal knowledge over nature, which they believed Adam had before the fall, is therefore us moving back to the New Jerusalem. And this is generally characterized as a millenarian perspective as opposed to a more traditional Christian perspective would be more of an apocalyptic and that would ebb and flow.
Speaker 4: There'd be good and bad periods.
Speaker 2: Throughout history, but ultimately the eschonological vision of traditional Christianity is that things are going to get worse in one sense or another. Where many of these heretical views that we can see moved through the Scholastic period through people like Yakima Fiore, and I'll speak a little bit more about that in just a few about why he is so influential, Roger Bacon moving into people like Paracelsus, the alchemist, Henry Cornelius Agrippa, moving into somebody like Francis Bacon, who also wrote a book called The New Atlantis. And after the Reformation period, there is this energy that was really characterizing Protestant Northern euro Pan ideas that was sort of blending hermetic ideas, esoteric Western esoteric ideals with Protestant Christianity and undergirded by this belief and technological progress which ultimately is going to lead towards the transcendence of man and go to the New Jerusalem. And so much of the sixteenth century in the seventeenth century was characterized by this enlightenment utopian thinking that we were going to redeem ourselves through technology. And I would argue, and even Nick Bolstrom, we'll talk a little bit about. He's one of the leading current philosophers of transhumanism. He has an article on the history of transhumanism and he even highlights that many of the aspirations of transhumanism actually comes out of Western esoteric alchemy. But I think we could make a strong argument that it even emerges before that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the Tian there was going to bring up her meticism. You know, there's a famous book by Dame Francis Yates on the Rosicrucian Enlightenment, and she highlights the beginning of that book the philosophy of Say.
Speaker 1: John D right the first Double O seven.
Speaker 3: John D was very interested in the notion of man achieving apotheosis through ritual magic, and a lot of the esoteric stuff that you're talking about that we think about today comes out of this tradition of hermeticism, and even scientism itself actually has a lot of its origin in the hermetic tradition of the fifteen hundred and sixteen hundred and seventeen hundreds. Many of the famous scientists were involved in these esoteric lodges where they can conduct alchemy. Newton was a famous alchemist. Most people don't know this, and it ties in as well with the rise of Marxism and socialism because a lot of the groups that you're talking about jokeam of Fior and his radical Franciscan philosophy. It was a very imminentizing of the esketon, and that's just a fancy word for saying, we can bring the Kingdom of God into time and space through human works, create a kind of human kingdom of God.
Speaker 1: And later groups picked up this idea.
Speaker 3: Thomas Munzer and the Munster Rebellion was an earlier the next phase of a kind of socialism. And as we get up into the period of Marx, Marx himself has a very technocratic bent in his writings he thinks that technology could be the key to the creation of what would quote liberate man and bring about the utopian state.
Speaker 1: We see this in other philosophers after Marx who also speak this.
Speaker 3: Way, and then we get into the technocrats and they share this idea. But like you said, it goes back to the ancient world of the idea of creating an ideal world, an ideal government. But it also wants to transform man. And I think when we mentioned gnosticism, why do you think they want to transform man? Is it something like out of the Garden of Eden, like the promise of that, you know, you can be like God, you can be your own God, And it almost sounds like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would argue, again coming at it as an orthodox Christian, that it really is this sort of misinterpretation of scripture being Genesis three. But really, many of the thinkers throughout history that I would highlight regarding this trajectory of transhumanist undergirded presuppositions all believe in this linear progress that technology and rational apprehension of nature is what's going to transcend man. And the traditional Christian understanding is the way that we unite with God is through a moral behavior, a moral living of our lives that reflects the teachings of Jesus Christ, and it's through that embodiment of the teachings of Christ and the uncreated energies as an orthodox Christian that we become synergized by God. But this worldview is specifically about you could argue it has gnostic elements because of this emphasis on the rational apprehension of knowledge, which when we move into the twenty first century with somebody like you.
Speaker 4: Val Norah Harari and his philosophy of dataism.
Speaker 2: Which I would argue is a central core to transhumanist philosophy. He actually argues in favor of asophy data ism, where the only thing that truly exists in the world is information, and therefore the only thing that's important is the ability to process and cipher information. And he makes the claim towards the end of that book Homodeus, that we are just algorithms, and everything that's living is an algorithm, and therefore there is no real ontological distinction between a digital or computerly generated algorithm and us as biological entities, and the only thing that's important then is how much can we process?
Speaker 4: And therefore, if you are upgraded with.
Speaker 2: Hardware in your brain, or essentially totally transcend human nature through transhumanism, that you are going to be at an ontologically a higher state than you.
Speaker 4: Could ever be as a human entity.
Speaker 2: And that really is gnostic in the sense that one it's a transcendent of nature for them, it's part of their post evolutionary philosophy. But that focus on rational apprehension, I think is something that can't be underappreciated, that it really stems out of spiritual idea is And when we look at the twentieth century, somebody like Arthur C. Clark and his famous quote that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. You know, my research is really focused in the realm of new religious movements in Western esoteric traditions, and I would argue that transhumanism is a new religious movement. It sort of challenges the categories of what religion is, but it's built on many presuppositions.
Speaker 4: Despite transhumanists now would.
Speaker 2: Say, oh, we're atheists, we're rationalists, we don't, you know, have any sort of spiritual worldview, But in fact I would say that they do. And these are ancient roots and Yakima Fioria, as you mentioned, was an abbot who believed that there was these sort of three different ages that reflected the Trinity. There was the Age of the Father, which was the Old Testament, the Age of the Son, which was the incarnation of Christ.
Speaker 4: And then he believed, as most.
Speaker 2: People do, that in his life, then they entered into the Age of the Holy Spirit. So he just happened to be at the precipice, and that this Age of the Holy Spirit then was all about the regeneration of man back to the Adenic state, and that technology and knowledge are the ways in which that occurs. And when we look at somebody like Roger Bacon, who was also an English Franciscan friar, we see the exact same thing. And there's many legends regarding Roger Bacon. He was obviously considered an alchemist, but there's a big legend about his mechanical or necromantic brazen head that he was able to conjure and that he could then ask the questions to this mechanical or a necromantic head and it would give him all sites of responses. It's a sort of an all knowing entity, and it's like, well, that's in the thirteen hundreds, and we can already see a sort of precursor in what many people believe that AGI is going to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the idea of a mimicked logic machine that mimics the human brain. This is origins of modern computing. If you if you look at Leibnitz. Leibnitz in some of his writings, you know, the co founder of Calculus at the same time as Newton. He has essays where he talks about the possibility of building on the basis of his kind of neoplatonic philosophy, a machine that mimics the logic of the human mind, and it.
Speaker 1: Kind of sets the stage for the rise of the computer.
Speaker 3: I think the medieval Gollum mythology also plays into that. There is an overlap two with a medieval cabbala and her meticism and scientism that emerges out of that as well. So there's a lot of strains that go together absolutely. And one thing you talk about a lot in your videos, and you have a channel, Christy.
Speaker 1: Eternal Logos over on YouTube.
Speaker 3: You talk a lot about boundaries and that men and the masculine spirit is very interested in erecting and protecting boundaries. That's part of what it is to be a man, and I appreciate that because this is overlooked today. I just did a stream, kind of piggybacking your masculinity stream. And this relates to the transhumanist stuff, because transhumanism is really about going beyond all boundaries, and it ties into the trans agenda in terms of biology, because the idea that when you're mentioning these esotericists, when we look at something like the image of Baphomet, we notice that it has both genders, and in some of the occult circles and traditions, there's this idea that to have both of the genders, or to be non binary, to go beyond that is to return to this original primal monadic state, which is not in any kind of division or differentiation. So, for example, to go from the original source primal monad state to male and female is somehow a fall into a lesser state of being. And they have an assumption, and you can actually read some of the esotericists and the occultists and the Crollians, they'll speak this well, they'll say, we need to get back to some kind of non gendered supra state beyond man and woman or being both. That statue that they unveiled in one of the Nordic countries where it was a man with genitalia having breast feeding a baby. That is a form of the Baphomet imagery here. How does that relate to the transhumanist movement though, And this idea of transcending boundaries.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you highlight that transcendence of boundaries or the dissolution of boundaries. Terrence McKenna was famous for arguing that that's exactly what psychedelics do. And I would argue that much of when we look at the agenda of the elites, the dissolution of national boundaries, the dissolution of boundaries between man and machine, the dissolution of boundaries between man and animal, the dissolution of boundaries between male and female, that these are actually attacks on the psyche. These are attacks on the reality of God's creation. These are attacks on our ability to logically and rationally apprehend and process reality. And if you can't see what's in front of you and understand it, well, then you're going to be very malleable by powers that be to reinterpret the phenomenon that is occurring in front of your face, and I think that's something that we're seeing right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, human nature is believed to be plastic. There's no such thing as nature's there's the plasticity of man.
Speaker 1: And this goes back to ah C. Wells's Island of Doctor Moreau.
Speaker 3: He was actually a way ahead of the curve in this idea because his idea was that you can sort of turn man into whatever you want him to be, because he's sort of like putty, right, and so you can mold him into the future entity that you want to be. But this is interesting because one of the flaws that I see here. We have a new live event. We've been having a blast doing these live events all over.
Speaker 1: Will be in.
Speaker 3: Las Vegas June twenty second with our good buddy Jamie Kennedy from Scream, the Jamie Kennedy Experiment, an awesome comedian. We have a great time doing these six hour events. They're not it's not just stand up, it's not just boring lectures. More like a party. I know my buddy David here has been to one of our events. It's a lot of fun. It's June twenty second in Las Vegas. Heading over to my Twitter page, Jay dire Twitter. You'll see at the top there is the post and you can go over to the event bright link and get your tickets right now June twenty second in Las Vegas. We'll also have with us our buddy Isaac Bishop. You've seen him on the podcast with Sam Tripoli Temple Hat many many times.
Speaker 1: So my wife Jamie will also be there with us. Six hour event.
Speaker 3: Be sure and get your tickets now, there's a limited seating. So we're talking about this dissolution of boundaries. We're talking about weird contradictions in the worldview of transhumanism. And before the Breakthore I was trying to get into the point of this element of On the one hand, we want no boundaries.
Speaker 1: However, all of reality in.
Speaker 3: This quantification perspective is seen to be somehow information. Well, to have information requires sitting some kind of boundaries. We have this piece of information, which is the sink from this piece of information. So having in no information requires boundaries. Yet at the same time we're told that there are no boundaries and man must sort of step beyond all boundaries and somehow achieve his own divinity.
Speaker 1: And it's always.
Speaker 3: Based on weird fallacies, weird illogical contradictions. Claus and Harari, for example, say that there's no such thing as consciousness, there's no such thing as the mind. However, we're going to upload the mind to the cloud. How are you gonna upload something that doesn't exist? It makes no sense. Man is going to be god, of course, but man is meaningless muck from the pond skam of the ancient, primordial world of the soup. So it's always a contradictory story and narrative. Yet they're selling us on this myth that technology will somehow make us into.
Speaker 1: Gods or Marvel Universe. Soy men, superheroes.
Speaker 3: Right, what's the root of this in terms of what they really want? So we've talked about the ancient history, but what's the real goal of the transhumanists in your view?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on who you ask in regards to some of these contemporary philosophers. You know, if you look at one who is a co founder of Humanity Plus, which is sort of the rebranding of the Transhumanist Association, the World Transhumanist Association that was rebranded in the early two thousands as Humanity Plus by philosopher Nick Bulstrom and David perce and David Purse describes himself as a negative utilitarian, and that philosophical worldview is interested in the elimination, or at least the limiting to the most significant extent, suffering. And so he is a vegan who promotes a hedonistic transhumanism which is about the engineering. This is a direct quote of paradise engineering. So he believes that this hedonistic transhumanism, what they're going to do through the technologies is engineer paradise. And in so doing, he goes so far is that he wants to redesign the total globe mobal ecosystem.
Speaker 4: I kid you not.
Speaker 2: And in his own writings, he would want to re design predatory species so that they would no longer eat other animals and therefore eliminate suffering. And the one of the ways in which he postulates we might be able to do that is through a brain implant.
Speaker 4: And so what would.
Speaker 2: Happen is when you experience suffering, this would be sort of transmutated into a sense of pleasure, but.
Speaker 4: It would be it would be the way.
Speaker 2: He describes it is, it would inform you that you would be suffering. It'd be a different type of stimulation but therefore when you experience suffering, you wouldn't actually feel it.
Speaker 4: Well. From a Christian worldview, that is demonic.
Speaker 2: And we've talked about sort of providing everybody with their hedonistic desires and living in you know, podlike entities with their ubi, all their you know, kibble, and their their bugs ready there to eat for them. And he's very much in favor of a utopian worldview like this where you talk with other major transhumanist thinkers.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Max Moore is really kind of considered one of the premier philosophers and founders of contemporary transhumanism, and he owns the Alcore Life Extension Foundation in Scottsdale, Arizona, which is focused on cryogenics, and so they are currently freezing human bodies right before death. So this is a sort of assisted mediated death where they will you'll go there before you die. And he's actually recently on the THEO Vaughn podcast talking about what they do at Alcore and you have to obviously sign waivers, it's very expensive, and then they'll place your body in a form of liquid nitrogen or you can just put your brain in there, so you have kind of two options and it's been speculati. I don't know for sure, so somebody will have to fact check me. But Bill Gates and some of the elites have been very interested in cryogenics, and his wife Natasha Vitamore actually participated in an experiment at the University of Seville in Spain where they were able to prove that there was no memory loss in multicellular organisms when they were cryonically frozen. So what they did is they froze neurons and tissues from a multicellular organism and then were able to unfreeze it.
Speaker 4: Although it's a little bit.
Speaker 2: More technical because obviously if it was just frozen in the way that we think something in the freezer, it would the water would be a major problem for the tissues and all this different stuff. So there's a different process for it, and they're very emphatic to explain this when everybody brings it up. But what they did prove is that the memory of something before could be maintained after it was sort of resuscitated. And so the whole point of Alcore Life Extension Foundation is for what they deem and what they even describe explicitly as a form of resurrection, and that people who pay for these services that eventually, at some point in the future, whether we're able to, in their opinion, upload our brains or our minds to a computer, or be able to totally technologically augment the human entity, that they'll be able to revive somebody right on the brink of death before they're frozen, and they would be able to sort of transfer them to a new body. And this is something that they believe they're making headway in, and this is something that a lot of money is being pushed for. And when you look at their founders, it's many of the same global movers and shakers that you would suspect funding a lot of this research.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just weird to me.
Speaker 3: The way the thought process of a lot of these people is that they give the appearance of being very logical and very rational and sort of almost worshiping mathematics, like some sort of weird Pythagorean cult or something. And yet at the same time, if I were to say, you know, I brought the number seven with me, would you like to talk to him? Would you like to talk to the number seven? People would think you're insane, They think you have a mental problem. You can't talk to the number seven. And yet when we think about what a computer is or what AI is, it's really nothing more than a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of nerd code.
Speaker 3: There's there's no consciousness there, and yet they'll treat well.
Speaker 1: If we just put.
Speaker 3: More nerd code in there, eventually it'll like become it's like a magical thinking if you like, more algorithms somehow equate to consciousness.
Speaker 1: And I was I.
Speaker 3: Recently did a lecture on Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, which is a sequel to Alice in Wonderland, and we went really deep into the philosophy of that book. He was a mathematician, and in certain ways I think some of his thought uh sort of sort of presages where we are now, because he was a pretty strict determinist and he put his mathematical determinism.
Speaker 1: Into the Alice stories.
Speaker 3: And when you get into the the later chapters of the copy that I have, there's a there's a reprinting of what the tortoise said to Achilles, and this is a famous logic problem in the history of logic. But it all it overlaps with mathematics as well, because it sort of makes the point that following upon.
Speaker 1: Zeno's paradox that.
Speaker 3: You kind of can't encapsulate some things in sets or in math or in logic, and it overlaps with Girdel's in completeness theorems where the sets appeal outside of themselves. And the reason I bring all that up there's a famous paper that was written some decades back.
Speaker 1: I think it's at Oxford. It's called Mind.
Speaker 3: Machines and Girdell, and it's making the point that some of these mathematical principles and philosophical logical principles that we're talking about that you see in some of Lewis Carroll's writings, it kind of demonstrates the impossibility of numbers or sets ever becoming self aware or self conscious.
Speaker 1: It's not possible. It makes no sense yet, So much of what.
Speaker 3: We're talking about with AI and transhumanism is premise on the idea that it can just become conscious. So how do you see an overlap maybe with evolutionary philosophy and transhumanism, the idea that we're evolving, maybe even humans and robots or robots are not on become conscious and we're going to meld with them.
Speaker 1: Like how in two thousand and one or.
Speaker 2: Something, right, I think most people in regards to that question are gonna be familiar with like Wernervinge and Ray Kurzwell's theory of the singularity, which is built on this idea that there's going to be this ex dimensional growth of technology based on Moore's law, and that we're going to reach this sort of apex and it really is a sort of eschaeological vision of transhumanism. And this is one of the reasons why I think it really gels well with many of these medieval Renaissance Enlightenment ideas of utopia, because transhumanism does fit into that quite well. And when we you know, and I think it needs to be said that transhumanism and that term and the way we understand it was actually first said by Julian Huxley, and he wrote a book in nineteen fifty seven called New Bottles for New Wine, describing what he articulate as the religion without revelation. And that's what transhumanism essentially is, is that we don't longer need to deal with revelation because revelation is occurring through our rational apprehension of the world. But you mentioned earlier Again, this sort of dissolution of boundaries in this emphasis on unity is very much a neoplatonic presupposition and it's characterized throughout transhumanism because they are.
Speaker 4: Focused on this unifying principle.
Speaker 2: So Ray Kurzwel, for example, in his books I Believe It's the Age of Spiritual Machines literally believes and he promotes this idea that we will all be interconnected and there will be essentially a global hive mind of humanity. And again that's another dissolution of boundaries. And this is why transhumanism so much in favor of androgeny, and they use the rhetoric.
Speaker 4: Well, they're very very.
Speaker 2: Supportive of the LGBTQ enterprise because of what they deem as bodily autonomy, and so if you can transition and you can change genders, this one shows a sort of nominal reality that these universal characteristics don't really exist and we can augment ourselves. But it also highlights this push towards it doing a way with traditional masculinity, as we said, is very much principally oriented around boundaries and the maintaining of boundaries, whether it be men that went to war to defend national boundaries or religious principles, or the tribe itself or their wives and children. These were all boundaries to some extent in which men defend. And that's also done through ideology, that's done through religion and culture, and what we're seeing right now through multiculturalism and globalism. All these things are sort of dissolutions of boundaries to some degree or another. And post evolutionary theory is essential to transhumanism. So I have a handful of philosophical presuppositions that really characterize transhumanism. The first one I would say is post secularism. Actually the Frankfurt School Urgen Habermas. I'm not a big fan of the Frankfurt School, but Urgen Habermas had really a great criticism of what he saw as genetic engineering and the development of crisper technologies and stuff like this, and he highlighted how this was part of the decadence of liberal democracies in the West. But he described transhumanism in this enterprise as a post secular phenomenon. So what post secularism means is that secularism, as most people probably understand, is this distinction between the religious ultimate meaning and then the sort of secular enterprise and the sort of public sphere and stuff. Well, because of whether it be postmodernism, posthumanism, or post secularism, all these things are a collapsing of boundaries again, and so post secularism is the collapsing of the boundary between the religious and the secular. And Habermass highlighted that what transhumanism is is because of the postmodern turn, it really is a form of post secular meaning making, which ultimately is a religious and he argued that it really is a secular faith, and multiple other academics have made this argument regarding transhumanism as a post secular faith. Now, posthumanism is also essential, and there's kind of a couple competing schools within posthumanism. There's more of the ecological bent that's very radical and doing away with an anthropicentric view of the twenty first century. And so the idea is to reorient our perception away from what benefits mankind generally speaking, towards like the earth or nature or the cosmos or something like this. And so they are wanting to end the sort of enlightenment project of man being the sort of measure of all things. And transhumanism, though posthuman because they want to sort of transcend the limits of biology. They do compete with these people because many of these transhumanisms, like Max Moore and Natasha Vitamore, Nick Bolshrm, they're very outspoken of how much they stain postmodernism, because they view themselves as these sort of technological scientists, philosophers that are highly rational, that are actually doing real things in the world with their research, compared to these postmoderns. So transhumanism believes that it is the sort of epitome of the Enlightenment project. They are the endpoint of the Enlightenment, and so they're very clear Max Moore and Nick Bostrom that they are sort of the fulfillment of man is the measure of all things, and that transhumanism then is the ability to transcend biological constraints, and that leads into then if you transcend biological constraints, that leads into one of the other pillars, which is post evolution. That they believe that the of course they're very Darwinian Wallace theory evolutionarily oriented in their mindset, but they believe that by transcending biology, they're going to transcend the selective pressures of evolution itself, which is for them a sort of spiritual transcendence. It's a release from the suffering and the constraints of the world. And that all then, how is that accomplished? That comes to this fourth pillar of dataism. It's about the processing and ciphering and understanding of information, which really is I would argue a sort of a gnostic core to transhumanism, although they would certainly not explain it that way, but I would argue that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking to.
Speaker 3: A lot of the essays that I wrote some years back, and I remember writing about the overlaps between even though there was some disagreement between Gnostics and Plotinus, the basic idea here is that we're escaping this world, escaping.
Speaker 1: This reality, to go back to the source, the One, the monad, the unit, or whatever.
Speaker 3: So what a lot of the transhumanist ideas have done in regard to things like the metaverse and where they want to take us with this idea of the matrix is to really put that into the here and.
Speaker 1: The now in a technological sense.
Speaker 3: So even though there's they may not believe in an afterlife or a higher transcendent reality, the idea is we can put man into his own sort of virtual god world of his own. It makes me think of that movie The Cell with the Jennifer Lopez where she goes into this the mind of the serial killer and in that world he's sort of his own god and he wants to be worshiped in that virtual world. I think that's the ultimate offer here for the breaking down of all boundaries is well, what if you could be the god of your own virtual mental world, wouldn't you want to live.
Speaker 1: In that world and not in this world?
Speaker 3: So they're really sort of offering this, you know, divided fake simulacrum as a pseudo heaven. You could say almost would you agree with that? And that's really where they're pushed. Why they're pushing a lot of the brain ships in the virtual.
Speaker 1: Reality where they want to take things.
Speaker 2: And you brought up Baphomet too, which again the most tracings of the historicity of sort of veneration of Bafomet kind of goes back to the Knight's Templars, which when we look at Yakima Fiore know his mentor was Bernard of Clairvaux, who is by many considered the sort of spiritual father of the Templars and the Templars, I've done research looking into esoteric spirituality and the sort of mystery schools, and they participated in very interesting homoerotic initiation ceremonies for the Templars, and they were reviving of gnosticism generally speaking.
Speaker 4: So when you look at this ultimate.
Speaker 2: Transcendence and a gaining and attaining many of these divine qualities like omnipotence, omnipresence, omnipresence is one that Ray Kurzwell is very interested in regards to the sort of digital interconnecting of all mankind that essentially then we become one man or one entity around the world, and because of that then we have attained the sort of divine ability of omnipresence. And then obviously, through the AI and that becoming essentially your brain, you're going to have omnipotence. And this is for them him always the sort of smashing together of opposites. This is the way in which they view this sort of neoplatonic presupposition of unity over multiplicity, that they worship unity, and I think from a spiritual perspective, it becomes that they worship themselves as you highlighted, so you're only one person and there's a I think it's subtle, but it's an important point to make that because they worship themselves, they tend to worship pure unity or pure monad. And I think this could be characterized in regards to New Age religion various forms of narcissism, neoplatonism, but transhumanism, I would say, is characterized by the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of the Huxleys, I mean Alu Suxley's book Perennial Philosophy says that we need to concoct or sort of create the religion of the future of the world technocratic order, and he says that what it needs to be is some kind of ultimate big blob where everybody just worships collectivity in some generic natic sense, and the purpose is more of a geopolitical strategic agenda of control than it is some sort of you know, well, we really want to see people be enlightened.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: If you go listen to the clip of Terrence McKenna on YouTube, I think when I found this clip is really it really showed me everything about Terrence McKenna. Look at the clipperies where it's it's the discussion of what the mushroom said to me, and it's not what you think, because he says, well, when I spoke to.
Speaker 5: The mushroom, the mushroom told me that we don't need less brown people in third world countries. It's the white soccer moms that need to stop having babies because it's killing the planet.
Speaker 3: So he literally says that we need to stop having white kids because that's what's killing the planet. So there's a geopolitical strategic agenda behind this same thing. If you listened to remember years ago listening to Manly P. Hall's lectures on esoterica and astrology, and the last lecture of that whole series was him saying, oh, by the way, the purpose of all this is that we need a socialist world government led.
Speaker 1: By the United Nations. So we're not getting esoteric mysteries.
Speaker 3: We're getting a geopolitical agenda of a one world government and technocratic agenda. I think the same thing is going along with the transhumanists who want to promote things like collectivism, New Age, all this so that everybody can be merged into the high mind, right absolutely.
Speaker 2: And you know we kind of mentioned some of these early players in regards to setting the foundation for transhumanist thought. And I'd like to just mention one further connection I think is really interesting in regards to how they understood mechanical technology as the extension of divinity. And so we highlighted in the eight hundreds John Scotis a Regina. Then we talked about Yakima Fiore and his dates are eleven thirty five to twelve oh two. Then we get Roger Bacon into the thirteenth century. Then Henry Cornelius Agrimpa. This is after the Italian Renaissance. This is after the translation of the Hermetic Corpus, which was deemed by Cosmo actually more important than Plato at that time, even though Latin in the West didn't have a full reading of Plato. And he has a quote that it was precisely this power over nature which Adam had lost by original sin, by which the purified soul the magician.
Speaker 4: Could now regain.
Speaker 2: And he highlighted this in the sixteenth century, and this was sort of echoed by Paracelsus. Both of those individuals or followers of Yakima Fiore, they're called Yakamite prophecies or Yakamites who followed this idea that technology was going to gain the capabilities of God and this was the point of mankind.
Speaker 4: Francis Bacon then also echoes this.
Speaker 2: But the book that Francis Bacon has called The New Atlanta is one of the things that's really interesting.
Speaker 4: It's subtle, but it.
Speaker 2: Has a lot of symbolism related to the Rosicrucians, who also had the same idea in their esoteric spirituality that they were going to blend Protestant Christianity, hermetic, magical, esoteric, cabitalistic ideas with science and technology itself to create utopia because the millennium was at hand. Because they also believed in the prophecies of Yakima Fiore. And so you see books like Thomas Moore, he has a book called Utopia. Tomaso Campanella has one called The City of God, which literally enshrined the worship of science and technology for the social and moral perfection of man. And then you look into the seventeenth century with Johann andre He who was a alchemist esoteric thinkers. He claims that he wrote the Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosencrouz.
Speaker 4: The foundation.
Speaker 2: Fends yeah, and he wrote a book that was again utopianistic, called Christianopolis, which literally and this is what I think is so interesting. He argues that mechanical technology was the way that man's soul would unfold itself. So man's soul, in his image of God, his divinity, would unfold itself through technology, therefore making technology the sort of ladder that's that were going to climb out of the detritus that we're in.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 2: We see then, and you've mentioned this before about the Royal Society, but the Rosicrucians had the concept of the invisible College and this actually was the precursor and many argue, many scholars have argued the foundation for the.
Speaker 4: Actual Royal Society itself.
Speaker 2: That the rose acruci manifestos and many of these manuscripts were saying that there was this invisible college that was already underway, that these men were working to manifest this thing, and then it connected to the royal society.
Speaker 4: I think is really interesting.
Speaker 1: It is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hegel plays a key role in that too, because Hegel's hermetic philosophy talks about everything sort of gradually converging into pure spirit, which is the idea of transcending physicality and bodily limitations. My books you can get those that Jays Analysis signed copies. If you find today's topics interesting, there's my philosophy book deals with that, and then follow David Patrick Carey over on Twitter and on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Church of the Eternal Logo thank you for joining me today