Speaker 1: I think people need to understand that Brocklesner was only here for two years. Brocklesner started the day after WrestleMania two thousand and two and finished at WrestleMania two thousand and four. Brock Lesner was here for twenty four months. That's it. His first run was that fast. His contributions were enormous.
Speaker 2: Only once in a long time can you expect to see an athlete accountimber a brock Leser.
Speaker 1: The number of moments that Brocklesner offered in those two years unheard of.
Speaker 3: Last pass five hundred pounds passed.
Speaker 4: This last n.
Speaker 3: The right to ploded.
Speaker 1: But it was only two years.
Speaker 5: In the early two thousands, an era in sports entertainment was introduced to the world.
Speaker 6: Today marks the beginning of a new era, an era from which greatness was born.
Speaker 5: Gone that correct, an era that would go down in WWE history.
Speaker 7: What the hell A just imploded, old body, It's gonna stop me, God obody.
Speaker 8: Time to shake up raw, time to shake up back down the jail is.
Speaker 6: An era defined in two.
Speaker 9: Words, ruthless aggression.
Speaker 5: From the time he was eleven years old, there was something special about this kid from rural South Dakota the champion.
Speaker 1: I won eighty nine from Webster brock Lesner.
Speaker 5: When he came to wrestling, he was always the best in middle school, high school, and even in college where he won the NCAA Heavyweight Championship.
Speaker 2: Rock Lesnar from Minnesota is your heavyweight champion.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy, work hard. I know I deserve it more than he did.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 9: We want to congratulate you.
Speaker 7: Good luck with the choices after this series.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Brock Lesner was a superstar in the makey and quickly caught the eye of WWE talent scouts.
Speaker 2: We spotted Rock and college and started recruiting him. We needed new faces, We needed new stars, new stars, that's what the business thrives on.
Speaker 9: We got Brock and developmental.
Speaker 6: We sent it to Louisville.
Speaker 11: Even if you have top stars now, that doesn't mean you're gonna have top stars in two years or three years. So it's not like you can just sit and say, Okay, I've got all the wrestlers I need for the next five or ten years.
Speaker 9: That's never gonna happen.
Speaker 11: So I hear I've got the NCAA Heavyweight Wrestling Champion.
Speaker 9: CA Okay, here we go.
Speaker 11: We're so excited to have the finest collegiate wrestler in the United States. Two thousand NCAA heavyweight champion brock Lester.
Speaker 12: Brock came in and he was just a stud physically. There was nothing that he couldn't do.
Speaker 13: The World Wrestling Federation and don't BW have tremendous.
Speaker 11: Hope for brock Lesner, tremendous athlete and look at him, couldn't hurt him through ran over room with a car.
Speaker 14: I am coming to seek and destroy.
Speaker 1: He's a once in a lifetime personality and athlete.
Speaker 15: He was as quick as the quickest guy, stronger than the strongest guy.
Speaker 6: Look at the raw power in the break a rock Lester.
Speaker 12: Who everything he did was just fast and powerful. You get a guy who looks like that who's a freak athlete but also really understands the psychology.
Speaker 1: There's some moneymare.
Speaker 11: Brock being a freak athlete one day in practice, just because he saw somebody else try it, or he saw it on TV or whatever.
Speaker 9: Does the shooting star press.
Speaker 6: Shelton out of the rank.
Speaker 9: Brock class Brow the top.
Speaker 5: Broke god god shoutig star Press, Shouting star Press.
Speaker 16: That play makes the same.
Speaker 11: This is not good for a huge guy to do something like that all the time, But for the big show boy, you bring a pull out all the stops.
Speaker 9: That's great.
Speaker 5: Lesnar's freakish athleticism stood out even among a group of the.
Speaker 6: Very best athletes to ever set foot in.
Speaker 5: OVW But brock grew impatient with the developmental process.
Speaker 1: Brock Lesner had learned all he was going to learn and developmental and he was tired of developmental money. Brock Lesner knew he was the biggest box office attraction that WWE was going to have, and Brocklesner was tired of waiting. So Brock made a decision. Moved me up to the main roster or kissed my ass goodbye. It was a no brainer of a decision. So Brock is working dark matches, which are the matches that take place before the television goes live.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, that's next.
Speaker 17: World World What ball?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 17: Two hundred sent of day five pounds.
Speaker 13: Run BLUs thep.
Speaker 1: He was getting horrible advice from these veterans that were still hanging on to their jobs as producers. You're too big, you move too fast. Don't move so fast, stay still, stand in the middle of the ring and don't move. So I got together with Brock and gave him some different advice than what he was receiving, and I asked Vince to watch Rock's match, and Vince loved it. Vince told me he was going to put Brock and Hayman together on screen.
Speaker 2: And this is one of the hardcore titles. This title, as we have said, competed twenty four hours a day, seven days a week at what's the hottest free agent.
Speaker 14: Er?
Speaker 6: You know who it is? But what are you doing out here?
Speaker 17: He's just he's.
Speaker 9: Just drawing, goes, look at this monster.
Speaker 15: There were these things called talent rosters, with every talent and developmental and the main roster all kind of condensed onto one page. The top of every year. We would pick three and go all right, these three people we're gonna get over and they're going to become stars.
Speaker 6: And look at les unrelegated power.
Speaker 15: Certain people like brock Lesnar. You just look at them and you go, okay, well that's one.
Speaker 9: This is a highly trained assassin.
Speaker 18: Once you see brock Lesnar, you know exactly who he is. He's an ask let us stand, I don't know.
Speaker 6: There's another human being online. But that was a kid that move on Recushi.
Speaker 19: It was like this model that you'd never seen before.
Speaker 6: Sup the hell did he call from?
Speaker 18: Brock was just like very intimidating to wrestle against, because you know, this is a guy that is real.
Speaker 1: If he wanted to, he could kill you.
Speaker 8: Let them stand next to block lessler, you can't do how anything you pa Well please.
Speaker 20: Paul was the perfect mouthpiece for Brock because here's a big guy that could go out do all of Paul's bidding, and Paul can flap his gums and do what Paul does best.
Speaker 1: It was a natural fit to take the credibility that I had and parlaying that onto whom I legitimately believed in my heart and my school. Was the next big thing in this industry, drock lest.
Speaker 8: The detrockable rock Lester de perthes too pain rock.
Speaker 1: Lesner, Ladies and gentlemen, But.
Speaker 13: That thing, rock Lesner, you are the next big thing than fornight, The next big thing will ride.
Speaker 21: And we are ready to have buddies until the crown the two thousand.
Speaker 6: And two King of the Ring and vandamn catlighte.
Speaker 7: Up on the top.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, less A just he just.
Speaker 7: Comment them into their holy and fine las are comment dem into their and it's over less of the tag of the Rings, and this rookie now has earned a man of them shot at the undistooted title.
Speaker 6: That Sommer's.
Speaker 9: Normally. Of course, over time you kind of move your way up the ranks. Brock got thrown into the fire right away.
Speaker 15: The business in itself thrives on new, So when you have someone like Brock coming onto the scene, it's a godsend certainly behind the scenes, and it's from the audience perspective too. They're yearning for new more than anybody.
Speaker 5: In just three months, the rookie had already earned a shot at the WWE Championship at SummerSlam, but classic Lessner, he didn't feel.
Speaker 6: Like waiting that long for the spotlight.
Speaker 1: Why do we want to let Tagger as this man? There's no reason for this.
Speaker 9: Rock think about this Rock.
Speaker 1: Paul Cogan versus Brock Lessner in August two thousand and two on SmackDown is an opportunity for Brock Lesnar to be minted a long term main AFEC.
Speaker 7: This is the biggest match of rock Lester's career.
Speaker 9: He's built to go. He's an analog.
Speaker 12: And when you see those traps coming up, you know, there sticking out of his neck, and you see his eyes roll back in his head like a shark when he's coming at you.
Speaker 9: It's a gut chuck.
Speaker 6: And now it's the.
Speaker 21: Strength of the next big thing.
Speaker 6: And look at the cockiness, the arrogance in this kid.
Speaker 1: The mats oh no.
Speaker 21: Plants, Hogan, talk about your roofless aggression, Paul, Heaven's bringing that out of rock West Hollywood.
Speaker 6: Hultkogan is hurting. He'll bolt strictly from the mouth of Hogan.
Speaker 9: Houlgus busted up on the inside.
Speaker 6: He's getting the light squeezed out of him. It's over. This monster has squeezed the life out of Hull Hogan.
Speaker 1: Any fan watching WWE in two thousand and two thought brock Lesner was the next big.
Speaker 21: Thing, rubbing the blood of Hogan like a badge of honor across his chest.
Speaker 1: After the match with Hulk Hogan, everyone knew brock Lesner was the next big thing.
Speaker 21: Brock Lesner, believe me, the legendary Hollywood Hulk Hogan a bloody fest, a shell of himself in the middle of the Ring.
Speaker 15: I remember a lot of consternation going back and forth in the production meeting in terms of whether this guy was ready.
Speaker 9: The question became if not, now, when and why not?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 9: You're right, he may not be ready, But if it's not him, who's it going to be? And there wasn't anybody else ready to step into that role. We needed new, We need it fresh, and he was new, but he was fresh.
Speaker 22: I knew Brock from seeing him around, but until I saw the build up for his match with The Rock at SummerSlam two thousand and two, I don't think I realized how big this guy could be or how much the momentum it shifted to his side.
Speaker 8: Just like Hogan's career is now over, the same thing will happen to The Rock this Sunday?
Speaker 1: What SummerSlam?
Speaker 18: When there's potential to be built upon, when you know what, you know it, when you see it, you see it, and I think everybody from Vince to The Rock saw it.
Speaker 23: The Rock was a huge proponent of let'school with Kid. We looked at Brock for the future.
Speaker 20: This is a guy that could be a champion that every one, no matter where you were, would believe.
Speaker 6: It's a hot August side of the Northeast, and it's scorched here and thinned that. I thought platheum.
Speaker 24: As we get set perphaps, some most did pestipated Summer Slam in history wheel the Rock continue his reign as champion, or will two thousand and two be the Summer of Rock?
Speaker 16: The following contest is schedule for one ball, and it is for the WWE of this student's championship and challenging the challenge her being accompanied by.
Speaker 13: A mating Pall Hayman from Minneapolis, Minnesota Wing and at two hundred and.
Speaker 18: Ninety five pounds.
Speaker 17: The next big thing Rock cis, sir, the.
Speaker 9: Time mccork is done.
Speaker 3: This has chicken time.
Speaker 9: Lestan knows that and so does the Rock. And it's no time right now.
Speaker 6: Well, the next big thing become the big thing tonight.
Speaker 10: This is.
Speaker 5: Miami, Laura.
Speaker 25: Why are two and seventy five pounds?
Speaker 4: Is the w w U?
Speaker 13: The Sudici.
Speaker 3: Whoa who guys died Little times fall pushing the right Here we go the Rock to Lighty.
Speaker 6: With the title of Kelly.
Speaker 22: The crowd kind of shifted in the rocks favor, which was really startling because the Rock was so incredibly popular. Clearly there was a seismic change.
Speaker 21: Luster, Spy Bluster and Herrick tims the fans into this match.
Speaker 6: Every single step of the way.
Speaker 5: O.
Speaker 16: What ahead, what ahead?
Speaker 21: Look out, It's run on the rock bottom buck dum Pad Lester didn't have a mother.
Speaker 4: And look at.
Speaker 26: A time to the rock the tuner Rod.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna Prester have the fit of the Rock rock Cluster.
Speaker 9: His champion.
Speaker 17: Of the student tippr Oh next big Thing Rockstener five from rock Leicester has taken out the Rock.
Speaker 6: Rock Lester has become.
Speaker 21: The youngest Chippion in w W history.
Speaker 3: Who in the hell will be able to stop the next big thing fall the look rock.
Speaker 7: Lester has flim them out in just five short months.
Speaker 21: His monsters a top of the World Rockburst, the two thousand and two King of the Ring winner, now the WWE Undispeedar Champion.
Speaker 6: Is there anything stopping brock Lesnar.
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 14: So nothing's ever held me back and from now on it's me and everybody. I'm just looking down at you and it's harder to fight to the top than it is to fight and beat him down. I'm the number one man to be around here for a long time.
Speaker 5: SummerSlam was a turning point for the Rock, whose full time focus shifted to his budding Hollywood career. So with the Great One on his way to Tinseltown, brock Lesner was suddenly the top dog in WWE, a shock to everyone except Brock.
Speaker 21: You're looking at Thewe's animalistic future.
Speaker 5: Brock's meteoric rise to the top was embraced by the WWE universe, but outside the.
Speaker 6: Ring, Brock really didn't care much for the constant attention.
Speaker 20: Brock was still young, gone from OVW, and now he's in the big leagues and he's a champion.
Speaker 9: It was a lot, very very quickly. I don't know if Brock appreciated the enormity of it all.
Speaker 20: I think that Brock at the time was looking at the business as a business, and I'm gonna be a businessman about it. I'm gonna go out and do what I have to do when I have to do it, and I'm gonna go home.
Speaker 14: I spent many hours out there. I'm the tractor and chasing cattle around too, lots of hard work.
Speaker 15: I don't know many people know brock Lessner, the person Brock's not like sitting down and having a chat with you and talking about the latest movie or TV show. Brock's a private person.
Speaker 9: Everyone knows that.
Speaker 12: I think he's fine to keep his walls up and keep everybody away.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 12: I think there's a part of him that it likes to be intimidating to people, you know. And I think maybe because he just doesn't want people getting close to him. Brock's a very private person to a certain extent. He doesn't like people.
Speaker 20: Not a lot of bs and Brock. You wind him up, and Brock goes and he looks at wrestlings. This is how I'm gonna be able to afford the life I want to have.
Speaker 5: Despite brocks matter of fact and meanor, he continued to put on an awesome display of power and letticism and complete domination in the world. No other rookie can ever dominated the WWE quite White rock Lessing, Yeah.
Speaker 21: Hell hit a sail versus the Undertaker. Fine to the Undertaker. Rock Lester has defeated the Undertaker at the Undertaker's own game.
Speaker 3: By god away the way that five Lester has at five five hundred pounds, and here cuts the new riff away the right, ri Ro the Tanger. Wait a minute, Paul Hayman is shut up the rock Lefter.
Speaker 5: At Survivor Series, Lesner's historic run would finally hit an insurmountable obstacle. His mentor and manager Paul Hayman turned against Rock.
Speaker 6: Helping Big Show take the title.
Speaker 5: With Paul Hayman no longer by his side, Lesner still proved to be a force to be reckoned it. Lesner added to a sensational rookie season by winning the two thousand and three Royal Rumble.
Speaker 22: Now I ask Brawn, Kladra has a limited the underpaper krag Klaser has won the Rambo.
Speaker 6: Earning a shot at the title. At WrestleMania nineteen.
Speaker 7: There comes up Pain straight to the main event that Russellmania.
Speaker 19: Pretty impressive year for Brock Lesner, and so then it's the pressure of how do you top that and how do you keep that momentum going and make it even better.
Speaker 10: I knew that when Brock got up here to the WWE, it was going to be about him and me because we came from the same sport. N c WA champion Arson Olympic gold medalists, the most Antiicentvega batch of the world.
Speaker 18: The two where they went from knowing nothing and in the years two times where main event stars.
Speaker 21: Card Angel is the best pure athlete in the history of sports entertainment.
Speaker 18: You just don't see that, especially twice in a generation.
Speaker 9: The two greatest athletes, the greatest that ww ring.
Speaker 6: We'll fax each other for the ultimate prize.
Speaker 5: The two most accomplished amateur athletes in WWE history were set to collide in an epic battle on the grand stage, and it seemed destined to set the standard for years to come.
Speaker 10: We were excited, we were main eventing. Everything was aligned for us to have the match of the night.
Speaker 6: Russell Maania turns to the double wraight title.
Speaker 1: Rock Lesnar main eventing WrestleMania, Mince brock Lesnar as a WrestleMania main eventor, and now we can plan the next ten WrestleManias around brock Lesnar.
Speaker 13: Wednestake.
Speaker 1: When Daddy WrestleMania.
Speaker 10: To blame, I brought up the bronc and week prior and said, hey, it'd be cool if you hit your old finish that he used to do in OVW is shooting star press. What is brock doing seeing on the top row A three hundred pound man doing that shooting star Press. People are gonna remember that forever.
Speaker 15: If you're ever gonna do it. The main event at WrestleMania would be the time.
Speaker 6: Listen to the shooting start, plus watching it with everyone backstage did oh my god.
Speaker 9: It was horrified.
Speaker 20: We didn't know if Brock had broken his neck and wondering this Brock okay and get a little bit of movement, and then finally they took it home.
Speaker 1: Shooting Star Press was a classic example of Brock could be given bad advice, and that bad advice almost costs Brock his entire career.
Speaker 20: Guys were clear, please clear.
Speaker 5: This hole a Fortunately, it looked a lot worse than it could have been. Lesnar escaped with just minor injuries and now champion once again. The demands on Brock's time would weigh heavily.
Speaker 9: There's not an off switch when you're on top of wb.
Speaker 20: Brock came to us with his concerns, and Brock expressed that won the lightnings load and if Brock could have done once a month, and I know he would have, but that wasn't the business at the time, and you know you'd get a grumpy Brock some days, and you attribute that to he's young's first time, he's doing a lot of this, and you'll get used to it, kid, you know, come on, you'll get used to it.
Speaker 9: And for some people that's just they don't want to get used to it.
Speaker 15: The superstar part of being a WW superstar obviously entails a lot, and you know, I think after a while there was a little bit of I didn't really sign up for this, because you don't really know the life until you start embarking on the life.
Speaker 18: There are pressures that you don't see that nobody knows about. Sacrifices you have to make. Being the guy with the ball and a rocket ship strapped to you. That is a ton of pressure. And then you add in how much pain you're in because you're wrestling over two hundred times a year and what that can do.
Speaker 10: Broc and I were made eventing a lot of shows, and Broc and I also don't know how to take it easy. Wrestling two hundred and fifty dates or three hundred dates a year. It's grueling on anybody, but especially if you're brock Lessener and you're main eventing every night, because.
Speaker 9: This is a tough job. Man it'll wear you.
Speaker 10: Down very very quickly.
Speaker 1: Nobody has a schedule like WW do does. It's a hard gig.
Speaker 26: I mean, it's a hard thing to do, to to be on the road and in the grind and traveling and then wrestling, and you're hurt and you're banged up and you're driving and flying and living out of suitcases.
Speaker 27: Brock did mention how much he absolutely hated travel, and I can certainly understand that.
Speaker 6: As big as he was, I could see that it was getting to him.
Speaker 10: He actually bought an airplane so he didn't have to go to airports anymore, and he would fly an airplane in every city. It was a private plane. That's how private Brock was. He literally bought an airplane and hired a pilot to fly around all over the country.
Speaker 9: All right, Brock, explain where you are and what you're doing.
Speaker 10: Where am I today?
Speaker 9: You could tell?
Speaker 15: You could tell when someone's enjoying the hell out of themselves backstage and when someone is like, let's just get this over with and move on to the next one kind of thing. And I think, you know, like Brock found himself during that period of time, and he knew what he liked and knew what he didn't like and had no problem saying, all right, I'm going to do what I like until I don't want to do this anymore, and then I'm going to do something else.
Speaker 1: He quickly grew to being miserable, and I knew brockhead to get out, because a miserable brock Lesner is not safe for himself, let alone anybody else.
Speaker 5: In two thousand and four, the grind of being at the top of the mountain in WWE eventually caused Lesner to hit his breaking point.
Speaker 6: Not even two years into.
Speaker 5: His WWE career, brock Lesnar came to a decision that would send shockwaves throughout the entire company.
Speaker 9: Rock just sat me down and said, hey, quittin.
Speaker 20: It was that simple. It wasn't a long explanation. It wasn't it wasn't blaming anybody or anything. He had obviously given a thought and had a plan.
Speaker 9: Do whatever you guys want me to do, but not gonna talk me out of it.
Speaker 15: I think there was a lot of different emotions. I think there was surprise, some resentment by some people. We did all this for you, and that's how you're repaying us. You're walking away after we did.
Speaker 6: All of this for you.
Speaker 15: I think everyone was a little shocked by that, But at the same time, the signs were there. It's not like he'd show up every day with a smile and doing a tap dance and being, Hey, what can I do today? I'm happy to be here kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Practicson individual.
Speaker 27: He's a very unique individual, and he knows who he is and how we wants to live his life, and things weren't going according to his plan.
Speaker 5: The final match of Brock's young career was set for WrestleMania twenty in Madison Square Garden against another departing superstar, Goldberg, but this turned into a night both men wished they could forget.
Speaker 20: We're about ready to set the stage for the Goldberg lessener.
Speaker 6: One on one matchup.
Speaker 2: Is going to be, no doubt, a smash small I AM Pact MATCHA.
Speaker 15: The thing I remember most about that match was being surprised how the Internet reports permeated to the crowd.
Speaker 18: That was like one of the first times where you know, the Internet and social media had an impact on what you saw on screen.
Speaker 9: Certainly, rumors are running ramp for their lessener.
Speaker 6: Is Cokbuddy playing in.
Speaker 2: The National Football League, therefore leaving their WWE.
Speaker 18: That rumor has.
Speaker 2: Made the rounds and certainly no episode lepisdes where are like the fans want.
Speaker 9: To see him go?
Speaker 18: I remember hearing about it, knowing about it, and then like seeing the audience all on the same page, just being like they were so disgusted with all of it.
Speaker 1: You're in New York City where you have the smartest of the smart fans.
Speaker 9: Goldberg, You're walking out on his BRONC.
Speaker 1: You're walking out of episode of hell with both of you. You're not just leaving ww You're leaving me too, you know.
Speaker 27: And and they let them have it, and to have them go out there in sense the disappointment that the audience was experiencing had to be devastating for them to have the audience disconnect that obviously from what you're doing is you almost feel like you're standing out there naked. It's it's a horrible feeling.
Speaker 3: Jack Hammer, look.
Speaker 7: Jack Hammer on the log, don't bercreaks. Lesner got a page out of the Book of Stone Past.
Speaker 2: Steve often but oh.
Speaker 28: Well and.
Speaker 7: Stone coll Starner often just done the Lastner run down.
Speaker 6: On the w w A ring.
Speaker 28: There's nothing brought could have done that night. He could have had the greatest match in the history of wrestling, and the people were still going to chant what they wanted to chant, and heckle him and and do what they.
Speaker 23: Want to do.
Speaker 18: As a fan watching and seeing Brock Lesner walk away, you're like, you can't believe it. This is everything that most of us are pining away for all the time, and it just falls in your lap and you're like, nah, I don't want it, Like what can't you handle?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 18: What's wrong with you? Come on, get it together and make it work.
Speaker 15: There's also a little bit of sense of too, of like, you know what, good for Brock If he's miserable, don't be here because that's not going to be healthy for anybody. If your heart's not into it, go And to his credit, he did, and he didn't retreat either. He ended up doing extraordinary stuff.
Speaker 29: If you want to get farther ahead in life, you gotta stick your neck out. So I'm looking forward to the future. I could really care about the past. What's done is done, and let's move on and do something different.
Speaker 22: I think Brock saw WW as an incredible challenge that he then conquered and that he wanted to be good at something else.
Speaker 5: Brock's first challenge outside of the WWE was a seemingly impossible one. After not playing football for almost a decade, Brock decided to try out for the NFL, and after an impressive showing at the NFL Combine, the Minnesota Vikings invited him to camp. Brock appeared in several preseason games and was so impressive the Vikings had a tough decision to make.
Speaker 1: Brock Lesniar was the last person cut before the main season.
Speaker 28: That's unheard of. He didn't play the game since high school. For him to do as well as he did shows what a great athlete he is.
Speaker 4: But he ended up, you know, saying, you know what, football is not what I want to do. I just wanted to give it a try. And his next challenge was MMA, and.
Speaker 10: Brock liked that style because that lifestyle was training at home six months and then going to an event one time to fight. That's Brock's cup of tea. That way, Brock can stay at home trained, spend time with his family, do his hunting and fishing, and he doesn't have to deal with the real world.
Speaker 5: After an impressive stint in mixed martial arts. Lesnar signed a contract with the UFC in two two thousand and eight, and less than one year into his new career, rock Lesner was the UFC Heavyweight Champion.
Speaker 25: If you look at what Brock Lesner did, the guy comes over from the WWE and actually becomes the heavyweight champion of the world. It's literally impossible crazy at times, you know how it can be dealing with rock Lesner. I'm sure he has a very very unique personality.
Speaker 28: Here's a guy who followed his dream and it was probably against what everybody else thought of, certainly against what I thought at the time.
Speaker 9: We were all dead wrong.
Speaker 6: Rock Lesner had conquered UFC, so it was on to the next challenge.
Speaker 16: Oh mind.
Speaker 3: A labscape of the wing has been drastically changed.
Speaker 4: I was really glad that he came back home because a pro wrestler and a pro wrestling world champion is who he really is.
Speaker 6: I don't last look say it up. Larster's got sat up after eight long years away from w w E. It was like he never left. I through that fick that they got a dark time car.
Speaker 3: The strike is over.
Speaker 5: Only Brock Lester could walk away before his prime, come back almost a decade later and be a dominant, maybe even more so than when he left.
Speaker 6: It's ridiculous, so dot it that to this day brock.
Speaker 5: Lesner's domination in WWE is unparalleled, and it all began in the era of ruthless aggression.
Speaker 20: The ruthless Aggression era was a time of creating, in a time of creating the future. Rock was someone brand new, came in with brutality wrestling fundamentals.
Speaker 9: And he was fresh.
Speaker 28: Brock is a once in a generation at best athlete.
Speaker 15: I think Brock was a major major factor in revitalizing WWE post WCW doing down because he's a homegrown talent and never seen before until he hit a WWE rain. As far as the sports entertainment world, there's just this energy of when that Brock music hits that when you were experiencing it in an arena in two thousand and two was unlike anything you've ever seen before.
Speaker 22: Nobody made the suspension of disbelief easier than Brock.
Speaker 9: Lesson He's I've a Drago. It was terrifying as a movie character
Speaker 12: Wh