Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Justice Are the American Way, Ryan, and that ties into this signal issue, which to me is one of the more interesting issues in a long time because it touches on so much right, so much that's a big part of your daily life, so much that part of our national life as well, and I think there are so many different lessons coming out of this, but'd love to get your take on this and everything else. Three or three someone three A two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. And we've got a lot on the agenda locally today as well. Special guests at four thirty six to talk about another situation where we're allegedly, you know, is somebody has a miner who maybe they're in the process of trying to trans and the parents want the minor back. That sort of situation we will get into again at four thirty six. Obviously, we've devoted a lot of this show to one of the most truly shocking and disturbing school related events in a very long time in Colorado. The Columbine situation that we've spent so much time on here, where people at the school were actually planning to have this child declared homeless so she could be taken from her parents' home, never even let the parents know about all this. She obviously had a very solid home. So do we have another one of those situations. That's a question that I pose, and we'll get more information at four thirty six, But I do want to start with this business about that. The accidental involvement of this reporter, as Jeffrey Goldberg from the Atlantic, in this obviously ver very highly sensitive conversation regarding this plan strike on the hutis which as you know, was very successful.
Speaker 2: And to me.
Speaker 1: There are a few things that really jump out, and one is if I wish everybody in America could read the full text string and if they did, you know Trump's approval, which is pretty darn high right now, We've got some current sound on that as well from ceeingnoball places.
Speaker 2: I think is approval with Skyrocket.
Speaker 1: I think people would be very impressed with what they saw with the communications with the planning. Obviously, the success of the strike, I think it would give Americans even more confidence in the administration if everybody could read this string. At the same time, it's a huge mistake, right, can't be doing this, and we're all human. Everything is a human process, and this was a big mistake. Fortunately, fortunately a mistake that didn't have any consequences. This mission was a success, but it's a mistake that could have potentially been disastrous, at least in this sense. Okay, at least in the sense that the mission may have been called off. Let's say that the reporter had immediately notified Walts, which he should have. If he should have, the reporter should have immediately notified the government he'd been accidentally included. The reporter should not have continued to be part of those communications, should not have continued to allow himself to have access to communications he obviously was not intended to have access to. But if he had ironically done what he should and notified Waltz or others at that point, the mission probably would have had to have been scrapped, right because at that point they couldn't be sure there was enough operational security, and it would have been tragic if the mission had to be scrapped. So that's just kind of the starting point on this kind of enormous mistake just can't happen. But this we know right in life, enormous mistakes do happen, including at the highest levels, including by probably all of the greatest figures in American history. And I challenge anybody Ryan I'll probably say Woodrow Wilson, because I think that's has answered everything, right, But I challenge anybody to point to any great figure in American history, and you can start with Washington, Lincoln, whoever, any of the founding fathers, mothers, bring them in, who has not made some enormous mistake which had enormous public consequences.
Speaker 2: It's just part of being human.
Speaker 1: It's of having that level of responsibility, the heavy weight, because we all see how these presidents age so dramatically, right, And part of that is just the heavy weight of knowing you are going to make mistakes, and when you make a mistake, it may get a lot of people killed, it could get a country killed, and so that's a heavy weight to bear. But I would never in a million years expect the Trump presidency to be any exception you know, yeah, he's wrecking up the w's a lot quicker than most anybody in modern time. But there are going to be those mistakes. And what I'm disappointed in here isn't necessarily the mistake. Wish it hadn't happened, but you just know there are going to be some mistakes in your life and my life, and the president's life, etc. I'm just disappointed in the response to it because that the response to it, in my view, should have been, Hey, wait a second, everybody go read the text. Look at how good we are, look at how good our people are, look at how good everybody on that text string is, at what they do, and look at the great outcome for America. That would have been my first point. My second point would have been big mistake and it will not happen again. So the effort to try and claim there was no classified information, downplay it, attack Jeffrey Goldberg, and believe me, I'm no fan of his at all at all. Again, I'm very critical of him for not a mediately dropping out of that communication he knew.
Speaker 2: He was not supposed to be part of.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, even though he in my view, is very often a bad actor on the left. He did the right thing in the sense that, while yeah, he should have dropped out of the conversation right away, he did not publicly revealed the details that could have blown up the mission, could have gotten people killed. So it's to his credit that he did not reveal those details. But the point is, the very best in the world are going to make mistakes, just admit it, own it, and the American people, I think respect that tremendously, and I think there are so many examples that you can probably think of him from your own life where if people had just stepped up. And this crosses party lines, right, I mean, the left screws up a whole lot more than the right, but we're all human, we all mess up, and these politicians just don't seem to get it. If they would just come out and say, Okay, hey, big mistake, won't happen again, and then emphasize the positive that can be honestly emphasized. But trying to go out and tell people there is no classified information here. Maybe they've changed the definition of classified information, Ryan, but I think if there's information about when you're going to strike, who you're going to strike, how you're going to strike shortly before you strike. If that ain't classified, nothing should be.
Speaker 3: This is one of those, Dan. I approach it from a sports perspective. You know, there's something that the opposing team does that maybe gets in the way of you winning. And then there's things that you do wrong turnovers like in the March Madness tournament, etc. And this is one of those by the Trump administration. And I couldn't agree with you more. You can point fingers all you want at Goldberg or whatnot. And he's not a great guy, and he's not an honest arbiter, and he's not an actor in good faith. But like you said, he deserves credit. He didn't reveal these plans. I think some of that was self preservation. He thought he might be getting trolled and that this wasn't a legitimate thread. And then he went out to his car in the parking lot minutes after he got this text information about the strikes, and he saw on the Twitter x chatter that it.
Speaker 2: Was happening, so then he knew it was real. But wait a second, bro.
Speaker 1: Anybody everybody knows just on their own basic ethics, right, if you're not supposed to be part of a conversation, you end it right there. You in most situations notify the person. Hey, I don't think I'm meant to be involved here, but at the very least you cut it off. Obviously in my profession, my business law, right, yeah, you darn well better, you're not going to have your license right.
Speaker 3: That being set, and I acknowledge that this is a mistake by the Trump team and whoever made the mistake, if it was a mistake, because why of all reporters, this is what Joe Kernan was saying on CNBC with Mark Warner, the centator from Virginia. Why have any reporter in the in the universe, Brett Behar, you know, anybody else that has journalistic and Lester Holt. Why was the worst actor against the Trump administration to be Luke?
Speaker 2: And who did it? Why did they do it? How did they do it?
Speaker 3: And the biggest thing for me, Dan as a Trump supporter, that person, whoever it is, needs to be rooted out, fired and made an example.
Speaker 1: If it was Espionache, if somebody on the inside intentionally looped Goldberg in, well they need to be prosecuted. I mean, yeah, they need to be fired and prosecuted. If it was some kind of human error, and I think that can I think there are a number of different ways that human error could happen, and we can get into some of those after the break will take calls starting after the break will start.
Speaker 3: What do you think, as a matter of principle, Dan, somebody needs to be held accountable for this on the Trump team and cut out.
Speaker 1: Well, not necessarily, and I'll expand on that. I know we have to this break, but here's my point. If it was not done intentionally, and if there is some explanation that stops short of just grossing competence, some kind of technical switcheroo, then I don't think somebody necessarily has to be fired. That's where I think you come back to. Looking at you know, the Ledger. They're overall good, how much good they do.
Speaker 2: Versus this mistake.
Speaker 1: But so no, I don't think it's an automatic somebody's got to be fired over this. This isn't like the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan, which has premeditated, deliberate, planned out over time, et cetera. This, if it is what it appears to be, was one enormous human error, you get to the bottom of it then make those calls three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: Y're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast, Chevan Leclaire.
Speaker 5: One of the first things that happened when I was confirmed as CIA director was Signal was loaded onto my computer at the CIA, as it is for most CIA officers. One of the things that I was briefed on very early Senator was by the CIA records management folks about the use of Signal as a permissible work use. It is that is a practice that preceded the current administration to the Biden mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I think the question would be why. And again my starting point if you just joined us and we'll go to the phone lines now, is I wish every American could read the excuse me, the full text string because you'd be very, very impressed with his Trump team obviously with the outcome of the mission. But why is anybody using an open source app like that? And I don't doubt the director there that it's been in use for a while, But why, There's got to be a better way. Let's go to Dean and Ravada. You're on the Dan Kaplas.
Speaker 2: You'll welcome.
Speaker 6: Hey, Hey, Dan, that the Hey. The question I have, why haven't well maybe they have, Maybe they are the FBI and investigating the reporter. Number one.
Speaker 2: He needs to be.
Speaker 6: Questioned thoroughly on when he got this, why he didn't turn it over right away. You know, there's a lot of like he has responsibility as a reporter to to you know, to let the government know I'm in the wrong chat here.
Speaker 1: Well, I think his responsibility I'm not saying a legal responsibility, and somebody may educate me. I don't think there's a statute that he violated, but I think his responsibility was like it would be with any conversation. If you accidentally texted him thinking you were texting your wife, the responsibility is to drop out of that communication because you know, you aren't supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be part of it.
Speaker 1: Obviously, when we talk about something of this nature, you know, he, I think would have to know whether it's basic journalistic ethics, you know, basic human ethics. He should not have continued to monitor it. But I do respect the fact that he did not publicize these facts at a time when they could have gotten people killed.
Speaker 6: Right, No, that's true. I think that Brian makes a good point. They define this sore all the way back to how this happened.
Speaker 5: You know it was.
Speaker 6: Trump guy, you know, the one that admitted fault, and I guess he takes full responsibility, but I'm thinking someone else had something to do with it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to know.
Speaker 6: Last thing. Last thing, I want to know when we're going to get some people charged with fraudways and abuse, and I want to see I want to see some people in trouble over this. Oh no, you getting away with this for millions. I let you go down.
Speaker 2: No, Dean, you make.
Speaker 1: Such a great point, my friend, and I'm with you, and that is it drives me crazy. In my law practice, I'd have been doing this forty years and we represent catastrophically injured people or people who've been killed through the recklessness of others. And I've had so many of these cases. I have multiple going right now, you know, against these big corporations where in my view, you know, the deliberate decisions are made, Okay, we're going to do something dangerous because it's going to be cheaper to pay the claims that then it's going to be to do something safer.
Speaker 2: That's my take on it.
Speaker 1: Not every case, but some right, some other cases are their negligence, their carelessness, and yes, they've got to make it right, they've got to compensate people. But you get these other cases where there are these conscious, deliberate decisions made that that people have to know could easily get somebody killed.
Speaker 2: Why aren't people going to jail in those cases? Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, you get somebody they go into a seven to eleven. Maybe not in Colorado because Polis and the left right now are so criminal friendly, but most saying places in America, you get somebody they walk into a seven eleven.
Speaker 2: They stick that place up.
Speaker 1: They're probably going to the state pen for a lot of years, and they should. But why do you get these top corporate types who sit there in these fancy boardrooms, being catered all these nice beverages and food, and then they make these conscious deliberate decisions. Yeah, yeah, we're going to do it this way, and we know it'll probably get people killed, but it's cheaper to pay the claims. Why don't they end up in a jail cell? I mean, you know, we'll hit them for a lot of money and a jury verdict or this or that, But why don't they end up in a jail cell. Yeah, I'm with the caller. I'm frustrated by all that. I'm not saying anybody needs to go to jail over this signal thing, but we need the full truth in the end of how it happened.
Speaker 2: The public needs to know. My guess is we're going to find out that it was some kind.
Speaker 1: Of text switcheroo and sometime somehow the wrong name got into somebody's contacts or into somebody's file and got onto this string. And I think it's most likely going to be something like that. And in a case like that, I think you just need to clean it up, make sure it never happens again. But I'm not saying that you fire Waltz over this, you know, unless there are different facts that come to the four. The reporter didn't break any laws, did something admirable in not reporting it while the mission was still being carried out, But I think it was unethical for him to stay in that conversation. Let me get to some text here as well. Dan, I agree with you the mistakes are made by humans. That being said, I agree with Ryan that when the genus simple because identified that person loses their job and clearance and listen, that may need to happen, you know, based upon Okay, was this such gross negligence and recklessness that person just has to be fired as an example to others, or can't be trusted.
Speaker 2: Maybe there will be some level.
Speaker 1: Of criminal culpability there because the laws, you know, when it comes to classified information are so strict.
Speaker 2: The problem we have is that once.
Speaker 1: The Democrats decided they were going to let all the Democrats off without any criminal culpability, starting with Hillary Clinton, that all of a sudden, the standard has been dramatically lowered. Dan, My question is why was the reporter's name and number anywhere near this textcrip? Yeah, we've got to get an answer to that. I don't know. You know, some possibilities are if you look on the more innocent side. I think you have a lot of situations where people think that they've put let's say, a contact that they put the contact information for person A in the person A file, but then they accidentally put somebody else's contact information in there. I think we've probably all had that happen, but obviously it can't be happening at this level, Dan Love, while you try to flip the blame on the reporter for not getting out of the chat room soon enough, how long was he in there?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: He was in there for a long time, right, He was monitoring this thing as it unfolded. And obviously I have praised the reporter, who I don't like. I don't like his lefty stuff. I think he does a lot of dishonest stuff. I have praised him for not publicizing these facts at the time when they could have blown up the operation in or gotten somebody killed. I praised him for that, But ethically, how could anybody justify him staying in? And obviously I've been critical of the people in the Trump administration for not just owning up to the mistake, saying, hey, read the text, you'll be very.
Speaker 2: Impressed with how we operated this mission.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that was a mistake that can't happen again, and we're going to get you the full truth on it. And the problem with the Trump administration admitting a mistake is that the mainstream media would pick that up and it would be the news cycle inte Election twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Who cares? First of all, you know it from the time you were a little kid. It's in our DNA.
Speaker 1: As Americans, we respond very favorably, no matter how bad the offense to somebody saying hey, I'm sorry, I made a mistake.
Speaker 2: It'll never happen again.
Speaker 1: We're just wired to respond positively in that first, I think it would be good politics. More importantly, it's the right thing to do here on the Dankpla Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What is it about Colorado?
Speaker 1: All of this insane craziness, this utter disrespect for parents' rights and this belief to somehow elevating as a SAO sacred right trans in kids.
Speaker 2: What's going on here?
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk to laur Gimmelstein right now from Colorado Parent Advocacy Network about a story that they've been following. We have some sound from that as well. Laurie, Welcome to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 7: Good actinute, Dan, thank you so much for the opportunity to join you today.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, and please just set the scene for everybody and then we'll play some of this sound.
Speaker 7: Absolutely so if the Colorado Parent Advocacy Network we have an incident reporting tool. It's really the heart of what we do to help families and educators across the state of Colorado that are experiencing difficulties. And in November, a mom named Cindy Stein from Durango submitted an incident report and her daughter at the time in November, when the report came in, had basically sent her a text message indicating that she was a Now she not only thought she was a boy, but that she is a boy. And that was a text message that came into mom and Mom, you know, it was completely taken aback. It had not you know, she was just like, what is going on? You're not a boy or my daughter? You know, basically a conversation that every parent would have with their child when their child brings up a topic where you know, they need some guidance and some direction on. And the conversation, you know, basically ended with mom, you know, basically say we're gonna we're going to move, We're going to go up to Denver, going to spend some time with your grandmother, and we're going to kind of get away from this environment. And uh, the child ended up leaving and running away and mom didn't know where she was.
Speaker 2: And that's that's.
Speaker 7: When kind of the calls came into to CPAN because she needed to get some assistance, and she was eventually returned home and life was quite tense. And we've uncovered through all of our research and in our investigation that she had developed a very close relationship with a former math teacher at Durrangele High School named joe Anne Smotherman. Now Smotherman may be a familiar name to some of your listeners because the and sub motherman Joanne's spouse, who is a biological male that believes he's a transgender woman, is UH. His is married to joe Ane and Uh. And that's where why the name might be familiar to several of your listeners. But they essentially are l g B, t Q activist. They really encouraged Jocelyn to move away from her parents. We have documentation of text messages not only between you know, Joanne and Uh, the daughter, but also between the school counselor where there are bates basically coaching her and coercing her to boove away from her family. Uh, the counselor providing information on how to go in and take the parents off the medical records, giving information on how to get an apartment. The Joanne motherman Uh. At the time when she was starting to be friends, the daughter had encouraged her to drop out of high school. So this was junior year, and there are some you know that the daughter's very vulnerable, she's got some comorbidities like autism and ADHD. She's very high functioning, but you struggled in school, struggled socially, and you know, this relationship came at a time when her mother had been diagnosed with cancer and was going to extremely aggressive therapy. And so mom, you know, felt like, well, maybe she has a friend at school and thought maybe the GED is a good idea, and you know, had a gut feeling maybe this isn't the right thing, but you know, her her daughter was upset and really wanted to do this, and allowed her daughter to go to the Adult Drango adult education senator to pursue her GED, which she did get.
Speaker 2: And we've uncovered and learned.
Speaker 7: That there is a gigantic gender ideology component in that center and the people that work there. And when as we're getting into December, the relationship that the family is getting very tense. The daughters is dressing like a male using you know, male yodorant and shampoo and getting a kind of more aggressive and unhappy and they have an argument. And part of the agreement and after the November runaway experience was that they would find two homes where the daughter could go in the event that she was you know, stressed out, uncomfortable, unhappy, quote unquote unsafe, felt unsafe, and that was what agreed upon. It was great upon which health Protective services. And the daughter said, I'm leaving and mom said, I'm not going to stand in your way, and that's what the mom said. She'd say, I'm kissing you out.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say.
Speaker 7: I think you're just going to go to one of these two places, which she doesn't do. And when we realize that she is with this teacher that she doesn't have permission to be with, we file a runaway report with the Laplatta County Deputy Share Office and this was December twenty sixth, and we were eventually told that they removed the runaway status. They weren't going to do anything. They said, you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: You can pick her up.
Speaker 7: And we have multiple communications that we've documented with the Laplatta County Police department. We actually file the complaint today for a full investigation into everything.
Speaker 2: That's gone down. But Cindy went to.
Speaker 7: Retrieve her daughter on January stipth, and that's the story that broke yesterday, that particular story.
Speaker 1: So the sound we're about to hear, and the videos available as well, I've seen it, is when Cindy goes to retrieve her daughter and then there are two other women in the car. Who's in the car with Cindy.
Speaker 7: Two friends?
Speaker 2: Two friends? Yeah, okay, and that's okay.
Speaker 1: I don't need the names, but I was just kind of curious watching the video. But that's what people are about to hear.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Describe for folks the visual on the first part of this sound, which appears to me as if an officer is in the home now talking to the daughter.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 7: Yes, So when the officers arrived on scene, they walked up the stairs of the other man's very small, one bedroom home and they kind of giggled and laughed, and you know, it's very friendly. Just in the deputy server basically just claimed that he was just there for a welfare check, very very calm, and they walked in and the daughter was sitting on a couch and Joanne was sitting to her left to the officer's right. And you know, when any any time that there is a situation where a child feels threatened or is it the situation with an abuser and the abuser is in that room, that child is not going to admit anything.
Speaker 1: Now, let me let me ask you this before I go to sound, and I want folks to hear some of the sound before the breakthrough. The rest of it will have to come after the break But at this point, would you refer to somebody as an abuser. There haven't been any charges brought against disjoint smothermen or anybody else. Right, that's so you're giving your opinion on what you thinks.
Speaker 7: Going and an analogy. I'm using an analogy. I'm not claiming that she's an abuser. I'm just saying that in this if that was a situation, we have a mom calling in distress, saying her child is being harbored by an adult that won't let her go, that she doesn't have permission to be with. And so that's concern. The mother is concerned that there is abuse happening, and in that situation, the police officer you know, his due diligence is his duty is to investigate that well.
Speaker 1: And what we'll do now because I want folks to be able to hear the sound in a coherent way.
Speaker 2: And thank you for that set up there.
Speaker 1: Lourie Kimmostein is our guest Colorado Parent Advocacy Network.
Speaker 2: We'll come back and we'll pick it up now.
Speaker 1: That you've had a description of what we're about to hear, we'll pick it up with the audio again. There's video that goes with this, and then we'll cycle back and talk about what can be done here. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show Podcast fifty.
Speaker 2: Glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Larry Kimmostein our guest from Colorado Parent Advocacy Network. We won't repeat the long setup. Lurie spent the last segment telling us this story is I understand it of a seventeen year old girl who had texted her mom saying that hey, I'm really a boy, and then the mother said no, you're not, and one thing led to another, and then the child ends up, as I understand it, living at the home of some other adults and the mother wants her out of there, and that's what we're going to pick up this sound and there's video as well that goes with this, and we'll tell you when we're done where you can see that video when you get home. Anything you want to add to that, Lourie, before I fired up, Hey.
Speaker 7: Deputies are on scene at the home. Mom has called nine one one, The teacher has refused to release her daughter, called their attorney and now deputies are finally on scene after the mom waited over an hour for them to arrive.
Speaker 1: And when you say teacher for those not with us in the last segment, this is apparently a former math teacher of the daughter who the daughter is now staying with.
Speaker 7: Correct, And I'm also employed by the Durango Adult Education Center, so she works there as well.
Speaker 1: And at this point in the story, is the daughter still viewing herself as a male or has that phase passed?
Speaker 7: No, the mother and call her ONYX and you tee him pronounce or they pronounce.
Speaker 2: For Cindy's daughter. Okay, And here is where the story picks up.
Speaker 1: And again the visual here is I understand it is the officer walking into the home where the daughter's present along with Laurie tells us the smotherman's and then you'll hear that, and then you'll hear the officer walk back out, and then you'll hear that the child's mother interact with the officers.
Speaker 8: I'm deputy server. How are you very good? That's all I need to basically hear. I'm just coming by to make sure you're good, you know what I mean. I'm not going to try to insert myself into something that's already sort of in process or whatever you're doing.
Speaker 2: You know, and by legal standard.
Speaker 8: You're technically a minor as a seventeen year old. But I just wanted to make sure you're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okrect're very good. That's all I need for now.
Speaker 8: And I appreciate you guys, and I appreciate your willingness to I don't know, I guess help me check boxes, right.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to pause it for a second, Lorie. And again, I'm not involved in this. I don't know all the intimate details. I don't know whether she was good or not at that moment. But I think your point being that, hypothetically, let's not even talk about that situation. Just generally speaking, if if a miner in that situation was not good. You know, could an officer rely on that exchange to conclude that the miner was good?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 7: Usually in an investigation and discuss in discussions with other investigators is that the individual is interviewed separately, away from the people that you know they're being that are housing now, right, So if there's a concern by a parent, the investigation would separate the child from the people and then give them an opportunity to disclose in private if anything was happening.
Speaker 2: There was.
Speaker 7: There was absolutely no effort on Deputy Server's part to verify or validate anything that the mom claims or you know that others, some other men are just like, yes, absolutely, she's totally fine, everything's great. And instead he just said, I'm just there to check boxes. I mean, this was not an investigation at all. There was no due diligence in this investigation. It's outrageous and.
Speaker 1: We'll certainly invite the deputy on it. And obviously, you know, I've got to bias in the son of a thirty year cup, a fantastic cup, and and so I tend to give a lot of deference to law enforcement their feel for a situation, how to best handle a situation, how to evaluate it, you know, based upon everything that can be seen and heard and sensed. I get you concern, I certainly do, but let me pick it up from here.
Speaker 8: I'm probably going to have to speak with them.
Speaker 2: Adown exactly now who's he referring to at that point?
Speaker 7: So the two deputies are walking to their vehicles. They're about to drive down to Cindy's vehicle, which is just off the property on the street, and one of the deputies says, you know, we're probably gonna have to speak with them, and actually I think it was Deputy Server that said we're going to have to speak with them, and then the other deputy said they're probably going to have a meltdown, and then they both have started laughing, and.
Speaker 1: Then we being Cindy being the mother, so we'll we'll pick it up from there.
Speaker 8: So I'm Deputy Server, and you folks are I'm mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 8: So I basically went and did a welfare check and I don't see signs of distress.
Speaker 9: There doesn't need to be distressed. She needs to come home. She's harbored by these folks. That does not have my permission to be here. She is a minor. I don't care if she's a day away from eighteen. A minor is a minor, and she does not had my permission.
Speaker 8: To be here, right, But again, it doesn't rise to the level of law enforcement involvement.
Speaker 2: She's not in distress right now.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry you're telling me that you're not going.
Speaker 2: To physically rip her out of that home.
Speaker 9: Yeah, even if there was an agreement between CPS and her and the mother that.
Speaker 8: That those are civil agreements and you're gonna have to deal with those on a civil level.
Speaker 9: So even though she is a minor, she has no permission to be here, she's technically a runaway.
Speaker 8: At this point.
Speaker 2: They're harboring and that's okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, we heard you.
Speaker 9: Guys laugh up there, So there's obviously something that was fun. Isn't they kidnapping when you were supposed to give a child back? No, seriously, So what was funny is what I'd like to know what you guys were laughing at them?
Speaker 7: So what was funny?
Speaker 2: I don't believe that's relevant.
Speaker 7: I do when you're talking about a child.
Speaker 2: This is a seventeen year old. He's still a minor.
Speaker 8: Minor and child are different, and distress was not seen. I was told to distress, there isn't.
Speaker 1: Any and Laurie, I only pause it there because of remaining time in the segment. So why don't you close out the segment for us and then tell people how they can follow you, how they can learn more about your group, and where they can see the video.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, you know. So what I would really like to mention to the listeners is that there has been a formal complaint filed against the La Plata County Sheriff's office. Cindy is a mom and she's done everything in her power to go through the proper channels and follow the law and protect her child, and she's just been treated really with contempt and disregard by the very people that are supposed to a full justice. So people can learn more, follow us on x at CPN Colorado and subscribe on our website, join us, join the movement Coloradoparents dot org.
Speaker 1: Heay, thank you, Laurie. Really appreciate the time today. We're pleased with so many in the law enforcement community in our audience.
Speaker 2: Would love your reaction to what you heard.
Speaker 1: What you think the proper protocol would be here if you're on the Dankapito Show.