Speaker 1: Yea RiPP.
Speaker 2: Need ad by, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 4: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come man Dix.
Speaker 5: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, hell.
Speaker 6: On Tom Martino. And as you'll see in that little tiny.
Speaker 7: Corner at the side of your screen is Marky Mark Mark Mark and Uh he's at home in his remote studio. I'm in my studio and we're having a great time. If you're streaming, that's the Troubleshooter Show. If you're just listening on radio or podcast or wherever downloads, have a great time because we're gonna talk about things near and dear to your heart and pocketbook.
Speaker 6: What's that T shirt? Say? Mark?
Speaker 7: I can't see it. What does that say? What's your T shirt? It's something there anyway? Does he hear me? He doesn't even hear me his T shirts?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Rolling Stones? Okay, that's pretty cool. You're like, hey, heyton T shirt, Rolling Stones. I just wondered what your T shirt said, Rolling Soon collect No Moss, I got you know what I got with me right now? I got Deputy Doc with me. Deputy Doc came over to the uh, to the remote suit. We got Deputy d I believe at the mothership. I think he's going there.
Speaker 2: Hi, Tom, it's Deputy Bow's here with me at the stadio, Dan Bow, Dan Bow.
Speaker 7: Okay, any follow ups before we get going, Not for me yet, just working on right.
Speaker 6: Now, go on, hold on, Doc's got something.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 9: Caroline called Caroline about a propane problem.
Speaker 6: She was how long ago is this this? Oh?
Speaker 8: Maybe just last week?
Speaker 6: Okay, Caroline? Okay.
Speaker 9: And apparently they said she owed them five hundred dollars for a propane refill.
Speaker 7: Oh and it was a new company that had been taken over. So here's the deal, and she didn't understand it at all. Right, they overfilled her tank.
Speaker 9: She was supposed to get only five hundred gallons units whatever it is, and there was an extra three hundred and twenty five dollar charge because the guy misread the sheet and gave her more gas than she had asked for, and she had no money.
Speaker 8: She was waiting for the Leap program to help pay.
Speaker 6: Okay, so all ry that makes sense. So really she did get the gas, it was just.
Speaker 9: More than she had ordered, right, and she had no money to pay for it. So we got in touch with Leap and Leip sent them a check for five hundred dollars, so that that was curt stuff that would cover the three twenty five and.
Speaker 8: She would only get one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 9: Five one hundred and seventy five unit scowns ever it is to make up the five hundred, so after she.
Speaker 7: Only had to pay for part of it. So you're saying, though they paid for it leap, all right, Well, Leap gave.
Speaker 9: Her the five hundred right which covered the three twenty five she owed, plus another one hundred and seventy five which would.
Speaker 8: Cover our next fillip.
Speaker 9: That's instead of getting five hundred at the next fillip, she'll get one seventy five and that she'll be back on track.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 7: So basically though they overfilled her by mistake, correct, all right. See a lot of people that have big pro pain tanks, even though they have a big tank, don't always get it topped off. They can only afford a certain amount each month, so they literally go from you know, to service to service with what they can afford. In her case, they saw an empty tank and filled it. So Doc, that was really good. Cool, Let me get my dinger out. Okay, did you hear my dinger. By the way, on the air, I gues.
Speaker 8: It's a little pathetic today, Tom.
Speaker 6: But is it going over the air there, Shannon? It is okay, but she's.
Speaker 2: Don't hear it on the air.
Speaker 6: I don't hear it on the air.
Speaker 7: Anyway, Go ahead, So anyway, she's all cool, everything is copasetic.
Speaker 8: She's made whole and she's back on track.
Speaker 7: All right, So anyway, folks, three all three seven one three talk is our number three O three seven one three eight two five five. Now you're gonna hear my dinger. I just made an adjustment here. Watch listen to this one. Now there, did you hear that, Shannon?
Speaker 2: You definitely sounded more distracted.
Speaker 7: No, I'm asking okay, man, I'm telling you, I don't know why this guy is being so nasty.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna try it again, my dinger.
Speaker 8: There we go.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: See, Deputy doc, we're technically a dinger doctor in a in a way of matter of speaking, three O three seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 6: So Eva has a question about open enrollment.
Speaker 7: By the way, open enrollment I believe is over right, Mark, I mean open enrollments towards the end of the year and it's a chance for you to change way over.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's usually from around December seventh to January fifteenth.
Speaker 8: That's that's approximately when it's opening.
Speaker 6: Around open enrollment.
Speaker 7: The reason there's open enrollment is because because of Obamacare, and they wanted to be able to predict actuarily who's going to participate in what the rates will be. They made everyone sign up at a certain time of year or make changes during a certain time of year, except for very minor exceptions. Exceptions are if you lose a job, if you move, or something like that. But in ninety eight percent of the cases, if you want to change coverage at all, you have to do it during open enrollment, and that's the only time you get to change unless there's a life changing event. So people say, make sure you like your coverage or you know you're stuck with it, and in essence, that's kind of true.
Speaker 2: So Eva, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Are you there?
Speaker 2: Eva? Eva? We might have lost her.
Speaker 7: Let's see if we can resurrect Eva. She wanted to know about open enrollment and open enrollment though I believe it is over.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: You can text me as well as call me.
Speaker 7: You can text the iHeart short code that's for all shows, and it comes to iHeart and you put my name on it and comes to me. Just put Tom in there, or Mike if you're doing Mike Brown or Dan Kaplas if you're doing Dan, just sip with Dan.
Speaker 6: Okay, So it's five seven, seven three nine.
Speaker 7: Then I have my own exclusive number and my number that comes to my cell phone. It's my Google Voice number, so I have it to my cell phone for all kinds of things, and that's seven four seven nine nine nine fifty eighty Tom.
Speaker 9: Just to my people, when they sign up for Medicare the first time for Medicare, yet, if they don't choose supplement the next year and every following enrollment period, they will have their medical records examined. When you sign up the first time, you can get supplement without having to give a medical history. Once you've passed that initial time, the next year and the year after that, they will evaluate your history.
Speaker 7: Not just if you're signing up for a supplement, but if you're changing its.
Speaker 9: Changing to supplement, like I was denied because of my medical history, so but if I had signed up initially with supplement.
Speaker 7: So initially supplements cannot turn you down, correct, But after that, if you want to change the new companies can ask for medicals.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, And I have a supplement.
Speaker 7: I have a supplement I've had from the beginning, and I think it's called a g right. It's one of the best you can buy, and I've not when I had my back surgery, I pay twenty dollars. Now a lot depends on the time of year, because don't you have a deductible. We all have deductibles no matter what kind of supplement we have.
Speaker 9: All pointing out is that if you don't take supplement the first time, you have to be aware of the fact that so they can.
Speaker 7: Deny if you're taking Medicare Part A and B with a supplement or Medicare advantage is different. Now, I personally don't like Medicare advantage anywhere near A and B with a supplement. I believe Part A and Part B with a supplement is far superior, and then a separate drug plan.
Speaker 6: The thing about.
Speaker 7: Advantage is you don't pay for it. Technically, they just take the money that you have for that's a lottit to for Part A and Part B that you would pay anyway, and then they allot that and give you a supplement on top of it, and they control everything. But you're way more limited on healthcare providers and everything else. I have just never when I have looked into supplements versus advantage, I've always thought advantage was better.
Speaker 2: Is Eva there?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm here?
Speaker 6: Hi Eva? What's happening? Eva?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 10: Thank you for taking my talking about this issue. I mistakenly answered a scam call trying to sign people up for their company H for I already had SIGNA and I was happy with it, but I listened.
Speaker 2: To it and now you had SIGNA for what?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: Eva?
Speaker 6: What what did you have SIGNA for?
Speaker 10: My healthcare?
Speaker 2: Which?
Speaker 7: What kind of healthcare? I don't understand. Was it a supplement? Was it a drug plan? Was it a what? What was SIGNA for? When you said you had SIGNA?
Speaker 10: I had SIGNATU with A and B. It's an advantage.
Speaker 7: Okay, you had Medicare advantage through SIGNA?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 6: So what happened?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 10: Uh? I let this person talk to me? And and what did they do?
Speaker 7: Did they try to get you to switch from SIGNA to somewhere else?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 10: And actually I did it?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 10: And I am sorry that I did that. And the thing is.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: So what were they telling you on the phone? Did they call you or did you call them?
Speaker 10: It was one of those scam calls that I missed.
Speaker 6: I answered, I don't say they said that, well, not necessarily.
Speaker 7: They're just trying to get you to switch. So did they say we have a better.
Speaker 6: Plan for you?
Speaker 10: That's what they were trying to say. I don't know if it's true. But what I let the do was sign me up for.
Speaker 11: Starting March first. I did it over the phone.
Speaker 1: With a void.
Speaker 2: What did you sign up for.
Speaker 10: A different company? United Health? I think it was?
Speaker 2: But and what is it?
Speaker 6: Is it advantage or is it still a supplement?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 10: I had advantage with SIGNA and I don't know for sure if it still is or not.
Speaker 11: But I thought and I mentioned.
Speaker 10: It to the salesperson. I said, I thought that open enrollment was only you know that that period was over? And why would do you have been able.
Speaker 6: To sign When did this call happen? Eva?
Speaker 2: Eva? When did this call happen?
Speaker 1: Saturday?
Speaker 10: Saturday?
Speaker 7: All right, hold on a second, let's get let's get Integra Insurance on to find out what the hell's going on. She's right, open enrollment was over. I don't know what game they're playing. We'll try to figure it out. Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Waterpros dot net the best water systems, the best pricing, the best technology, solid state technology.
Speaker 6: I can't say enough about these guys.
Speaker 7: Okay, Paul the Waterman's a friend of mine, and I have systems in my home. You can get a whole house system to get rid of forever chemicals, to soften your water, and to get drinking water reverse osmosis at the kitchen sing for three ninety five bucks. You think that's not a great deal for him, it's a great deal. And for plumbers they start at fifteen or sixteen grand for the same stuff. Waterpros dot net you will never get better for that price, or for for five times that price. And that's waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five fifty five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So we're trying to get uh integer Insurance on to talk about Eva's problems. So we won't bring her up until we can get them. But someday's weird.
Speaker 2: That they called.
Speaker 7: But they she did switch voluntarily. I think it's gonna be a problem. But I'm wondering if she's gonna switch back and we're gonna find that out. There might be some special circumstances where you can do that.
Speaker 2: I have some texts here.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm sixty five in two years, I have not had health insurance since two thousand and five. Will supplemental insurance deny me? I don't think so. I don't think it has anything to do with your previous insurance. It's not like car insurance.
Speaker 6: If you are not previously ensured they consider you a high risk. That's not the case.
Speaker 7: In fact, if you go to one, no, they won't have a clue history on you, but they can get your medical records, so you'll be able to get part A and Part.
Speaker 6: B in a supplement quite easily.
Speaker 7: But if you haven't been to a doctor literally in that long, you may want an advantage plan because advantages oh, he says, I haven't been to a doctor since two thousand and one. By the way, you know, a lot of people think that's a sign of health and wisdom and all that.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's a wise idea.
Speaker 7: I think, you know, there's a school of thought that says you're just looking for trouble, you know, and why are you always looking for trouble? And then that's the old school. And then some say I haven't been to a doctor, or they think they're healthy. They may or may not be. I really don't think it has anything to do with it if you've been to a doctor or not. I think it's wise to get checked up every now and then. It's not a guarantee for sure, but I think you won't have any problem. I would call integer insurance though, for absolutely sure, I would not take any chances. There's no reason why anyone should try to do it themselves. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 7: Let me see, Tom, I'm a truck driver, longtime listener, and my instance, I'm reading this cold. In my estimation, you're a stand up guy, and I'm interested in an annuity and have around two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars in a savings count to work.
Speaker 6: Can you advise? Well, it depends on your goals.
Speaker 7: If you want to take that two fifteen and put it away and never worry about it, you'll get a modest return.
Speaker 6: You'll get absolutely well, actually you'll get.
Speaker 7: Either the better return or the modest return, whichever is better. You'll have a guaranteed income. I don't know what that two point fifteen will get you an income, but it won't be bad. It'll supplement your social security, but you know that it's safe.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: The one thing you're gonna do if you put that two fifteen in an annuity, you are going to lose liquidity. Now people say, well I don't need liquidity, Well that's wonderful. And when people say you can draw out up to ten percent a year, without penalty, you can, but then that goes against the annuity and then you have less income later on and less earnings as well. So I'm just saying, look at your whole entire picture. You don't mention how old you are.
Speaker 2: Either.
Speaker 7: Again, if you have a few years, you can make more money with that, or put some of it in an inuity and keep some of it growing. It all depends. But the answer is not as easy as yes or no. Do it or don't do it.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 7: The reason Trump is purging government is not to help people.
Speaker 6: It's to help big business.
Speaker 7: Oh guess who this is, Mark, It's to help big business in corporate America. I hope Americans will wake up, you know, Monty. They did wake up, and that's why you and your ilk were tossed the hell out.
Speaker 2: They did wake up.
Speaker 6: Monty.
Speaker 2: I'm sick and.
Speaker 6: Tired of your texts.
Speaker 7: I don't know why you think everything going on is terrible and you know, the most terrible insult in the world, and I can't believe it.
Speaker 6: What I can't believe.
Speaker 7: Is that people are complaining how cruel, how terrible, how terrible that somebody would ask you what you did at work last week? That is supposed to be the biggest shock in insult to workers right now, because Elon Musk is asking people what they have done at work? Yeah, isn't that a terrible insult?
Speaker 2: What have you at work last week? What have you done? That's what they're doing.
Speaker 7: So I just think that it is the kind of thing that we have gotten so used to lying and cheating and accating. I'll bet you a lot of those federal workers don't want to tell them what he did last week. Don't want to tell him what they did because they didn't do anything. Mark, did you hear about the uproar? Because all he asked was to a list of what they did last week?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well, I don't believe the uproar is what you think it is. I mean, I just I don't think like three people with very loud lungs that's it.
Speaker 6: Oh oh oh, you're saying there isn't an uproar.
Speaker 13: I get they're trying to they're trying to create one.
Speaker 6: So you think most people don't mind answering those questions.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if they mind.
Speaker 13: If I didn't do anything and my answer was nothing, I'd probably mind answering it.
Speaker 7: Now, if you had to answer that question, Uh, Shannon, what would you answer?
Speaker 6: What did you do last week?
Speaker 7: Well? You did five shows, ten shows for sports or whatever.
Speaker 6: It's easy.
Speaker 7: You just delineate what you did right now. We're not saying whether you did it well or not, but you did it right. And as far as any job you have, I'm thinking, what did I do last week? I'll bet your deputy d and Bo are thinking that right now. Now Deputy Doc might be a little problem here. He's retired and we're not sure what he did. I know he played cards, probably and helped us with some troubleshooter problems.
Speaker 8: I made a lot of money last week.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, what did you do?
Speaker 8: I said, I made a lot of money playing cards last week?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 7: I used to love playing cards. We used to do it every Saturday, all walks of life. We would get together. So many years ago, I was working for a newspaper. Anyway, I would like to know if anyone has had experience switching supplements. Now I switched supplements, but this was.
Speaker 2: What was weird. And Tiger said, Tom.
Speaker 7: The company that you have actually has a better supplement than you have. And I said, why, Yeah, it's better and it's lower money, but you'd have to requalify for the supplement.
Speaker 6: You have excuse me that you want to get. So here's how they did it for me.
Speaker 7: And are we trying to get them on by the way, because I really do want to talk to them.
Speaker 2: They said, we're not going to it.
Speaker 6: I'm working on it. Thank you, Thank you, Kachina.
Speaker 7: We're not going to terminate the one you have until you get the new one. So there's a it's not like you're at risk. You don't drop the one you have to get the new one. You simply explore the new one and if you get it, you take it, and if you don't, you keep the old one.
Speaker 6: So you're not without coverage.
Speaker 7: And by the way, integrit does more than Medicare supplements and all that. Of course, they do regular health insurance. And I think health insurance is important. What's going to happen with the whole health insurance industry anyway? What's going to happen? I think there are so many more efficient ways to do what we're doing with health care in general, and especially insurance. Insurance has become its own entity.
Speaker 2: Which actually adds cost to healthcare.
Speaker 7: It's not efficient, it doesn't keep costs down like they originally said they did.
Speaker 6: The system is absolutely broken. It is. The health insurance system is broken. Our healthcare isn't terrible.
Speaker 7: You know, our healthcare gets a black eye, but it's not our care itself, our healthcare professionals, those dedicated people.
Speaker 6: It's not. Doctors aren't getting wealthy and rich.
Speaker 7: I'll bet your deputy doc, your reimbursement rate for cesarean, for example, was not substantially more when you started your practice than when you ended it. And but yet insurance companies, but the price is kept going up.
Speaker 2: I mean, seriously, isn't that true.
Speaker 7: I talked to doctors who said that they're actually reimbursement rate, the money they actually get paid is not substantially more.
Speaker 8: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It's that the insurance added costs to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, plus like you, like we've always said, I had one full time, one full time employed that did nothing but verify insurance and file claims.
Speaker 6: And here's another thing, and I don't know how it is nowadays.
Speaker 7: But if insurance didn't pay it, patients felt they didn't know it.
Speaker 13: Isn't that the same thing though, that homeowners insurance does.
Speaker 2: What's the difference.
Speaker 8: You can't balance them.
Speaker 9: You can't balance those No, no, no, I know you can't, right, So that's where it came out.
Speaker 2: But that's what I mean.
Speaker 6: Insurance companies are setting a price.
Speaker 9: Absolute right, and if you don't take it, you lose a large portion of your patient population.
Speaker 6: Mark, What were you saying?
Speaker 13: I'm saying, isn't that what all insurance companies do? Automotive homeowners they insert themselves in between.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they don't insert themselves like the mafia. They don't insert I'll I'll explain the difference I mean, and I know you'll see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got all.
Speaker 13: They all use the same labor guides for roofing, for car repair.
Speaker 2: They basically wrote the book. Literally, No, I.
Speaker 7: Understand what you mean. You're talking about exact to me. But it's not the same quite as healthcare. I think healthcare is where it gets literally when I call it, I think it's immoral. But we'll talk about that in more coming up. Get your calls in with anything you have three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one three.
Speaker 2: Eight two five five. I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, welcome to the show along with Mark Major. We got Shannon and to controls Kachina colorI on the phones, and Sue somewhere in the background working deputy bodeputy d deputy.
Speaker 6: Doc over here. So we're busy. Give us something to do.
Speaker 7: You got problems, question complaints three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two.
Speaker 6: Five five even hang in there.
Speaker 7: We are going to try to get somebody to help switch you out or get you situated if we can. As far as health insurance, Mark and I were talking about it, and Mark said, and aptly so, that insurance companies have long been inserting themselves in transactions. And for example, you know, when it comes to cars, they rate you according to the car. They take control over that. They decide what's a safe car and what's not, how old you are when you're safe, when to surcharge you when you're not, you know, if you're a male or female.
Speaker 13: And unlike health insurance, they actually at least come to those with actual aerials, where with health insurance they don't.
Speaker 7: And that's exactly one of the things I wanted to tell you. So here's what I don't like about health insurance. And again, I am an entrepreneur, a capitalist. I love profit, I love all of that, but there are just some areas where it does not make sense to have a profit model. Now I'm not talking about people not getting paid. People should get paid for what they do.
Speaker 6: But I'm trying to in this overall picture.
Speaker 7: When we have health insurance, we take premiums and then we aggregate those premiums to losses.
Speaker 2: The idea is, if you take the.
Speaker 7: Premiums invest them wisely, you have enough to pay for the care.
Speaker 2: And that worked.
Speaker 7: In fact, there were all kinds of insurance funds in the early eighteen hundreds nineteen hundreds there were met They were sick funds, insurance funds, they call them wellness funds. And then Kaiser of course started the shipbuilders, started having his own model for his own people, where he'd have doctors working for them and their only goal was to make his people healthy, and they had hospitals and stuff.
Speaker 6: It was a great model.
Speaker 7: Now, the reason it worked is because money came in and then it paid for health care to healthcare workers did not come up with an artificial price for a procedure.
Speaker 6: Knowing that they'd get less. They didn't play a game.
Speaker 7: They didn't have to have administrators that specifically only dealt with getting paid from insurance companies.
Speaker 6: They were funds. They were nonprofit funds.
Speaker 7: Nobody cared if they made a profit or not, because there was no profit to be made.
Speaker 6: Everything was for the care of the people.
Speaker 7: The people that got got paid, of course, doctors got paid, nurses got paid, the administrators got paid to keep the system going. But what happened was then we had big health insurance, big regular insurance companies getting involved like state farming these others, and most state farms are bad example. But you had United Healthcare and others that had stock holders.
Speaker 6: So now you had different things.
Speaker 7: You had the premium, and that premium was brought into the company, and you wanted to pay it out to doctors for patients, but you wanted to have enough leftover for stockholders and profits. And that's when it became, in my opinion, disingenuous, because you can't serve two masters like that. You know, it's different when you're building a car for a profit and you want to make the best damn car there is. You don't sacrifice the quality of a car for your stockholders.
Speaker 6: In fact, it benefits them.
Speaker 7: The better the quality, the more people pay for the car, and the better the profits are all the way around, including people who buy Tesla stock or people who buy FOD that pay the dividend.
Speaker 6: We're talking about the real model.
Speaker 7: But when it comes to healthcare, it's not a product that gets better.
Speaker 6: It's not something that's shinier. It's not something that.
Speaker 7: People say, oh, I want to buy that one. Of course they don't. They don't even want insurance to begin with. So when they do buy insurance and it does help them, there's no one that says, oh, that's worth more money. Now, I think that's a great insurance company. I'm going to go with them. You don't really have that kind of model. But stockholders want a profit, and they want a dividend on helping people, and they can't get it on helping people. The way they get it is by denying people. That's the only way. If you think about the model of health insurance, you can't make it better and make more money.
Speaker 2: You can make a.
Speaker 7: Car better and make more money, But with insurance, the only way to make it better is to pay less in claims. You don't get rewarded for paying out great claims and for making people's house beautiful after it burned down. So insurance, by its very nature, by its very nature, must glean profits from turning down people and from denying claims. They don't make better profit by helping people.
Speaker 6: It's the only model of its kind.
Speaker 7: That is what I call counterproductive. Everything else, you make a better product, you make more money, and more people flock to you.
Speaker 8: How about they what happens if they just raise rates? Well, how does that affect?
Speaker 2: Then people go to an.
Speaker 6: Vision, Then people go to another insurance company.
Speaker 7: That insurance company keeps the race sound because they deny more people. That's what I'm getting at when you have a profit motive or incentive within a health insurance field, you're not You're not your Your target is not making people better and getting the best healthcare. It's telling doctors what they can and cannot do to keep prices down. You know that doc, you were in it, and you would have things called capitation.
Speaker 2: Now imagine this. Let's just say if you never worked.
Speaker 7: At a doctor has a thousand patients and they'll let's say they give a doctor. I'm going to use stupid numbers that don't really mean anything, but it's easy to conceptualize it. Let's say you have a thousand patient pract health insurance company says we're going to pay you one thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 6: So that's one dollar per patient a year.
Speaker 7: Now, obviously the numbers are different, right, So what they say is so if you spend a lot of money on five patients, you have less to spend on ninety five patients. If you spend hardly anything on these patients, you get to keep more.
Speaker 6: At the end, the entire idea of insurance.
Speaker 7: And health insurance is not helping people to make more money.
Speaker 6: That's how you make more money is by not helping people.
Speaker 7: It's the most ludicrous business model.
Speaker 6: Now I know that a pure capitalist says, whoa that, Well, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 7: You can't have a profit model in insurance. It's counterintuitive. You just can't do it. Insurance would be better off.
Speaker 6: Insurance is supposed to be a mutual and originally they were called mutual companies.
Speaker 7: Do you want to know why mutual men? They all owned a piece of it and no one made a profit. They pull their money to help others. That's why it worked. You cannot have an insurance company that serves the master of the person who needs help and the master of the stockholder who simply wants to make a profit. You can't do it, and it'll never change because in America, when you start talking about nonprofits, they equate it with communism and socialism and all that.
Speaker 6: And I'm not talking about that at all.
Speaker 7: I'm just talking about having Kaiser is the best example in the world. It's nonprofit. Kaiser is the best example in the world. Now can they be Unfortunately they have to deal with health insurance and compare to other clinics sometimes, so they're forced not to be the Kaiser that the Shipbuilder invented, but that is one of the best models there would be. So I think the solution is having big healthcare companies that actually help customers. That they can show their longevity rates, they can show their cure rates for cancer, they can show their acute medicine rates, they can show what they do well. More people go to them, and you help more people. There's no profit, it's just the more money they get in, the more.
Speaker 6: I know, I gotta take a break.
Speaker 2: I'm tomr who does all this, who doesn't.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, You're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three.
Speaker 6: Talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 7: So again Mark asked, was asking a question when we were talking about health insurance, and I suggested they are nonprofit organizations.
Speaker 6: What were you asking, Mark? Or you brought something up?
Speaker 2: Well, who would do all this for free?
Speaker 6: No? See?
Speaker 7: And that's the point. Nonprofit is not free. And that's a good point. It's not the CEOs get paid. The doctor of course, all the healthcare workers get paid, all the administered, everybody gets paid. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rid News need advice.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 11: Come running.
Speaker 14: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help, come man, This is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 6: Tom, Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So we got uh let be, we got a lot happening here in the studio today. We got a guess that just showed up.
Speaker 7: Now we have uh Now, Paul the Waterman was gonna was scheduled to be here today but he couldn't make it. And then I had also booked Nick, my buddy at renew home Innovations dot com.
Speaker 2: Now, Nick, I've.
Speaker 7: Known for years and he's been on the show. I mean he's been he's been advertised for years, but he doesn't get to come into the show that much. And the reason I wanted to come in is because when when I saw this stuff, I was blown away. These porcelain showers look like a million dollar literally a million dollars. There was a time when porcelain you could even think about porcelain without a ton of money. So we're gonna be talking to Nick about some of his shower conversions and other things on his agenda.
Speaker 6: So if you ever have any questions about bathrooms.
Speaker 7: Nick is the man renew home Innovations dot com. Hey, Nick, I want to ask you something real quick before I go to the calls because I want to I do want to talk to you more, but I want to ask you this real quick.
Speaker 6: And I got you on camera here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so quick question.
Speaker 7: Are you gonna do anything more than baths? Are you ever going to get into anything more than baths? Or you're gonna keep baths or what? In other words, when you're all set up to do baths, aren't you automatically set up to do kitchens?
Speaker 2: Or is that just a fallacy? You got to talk right too?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and thanks your truth truth be told me. We do focus on on.
Speaker 15: Bathos car expertise, but we do quite a few kitchens actually when.
Speaker 2: You're there doing a bath.
Speaker 15: Absolutely we do a lot of kitchens just in general. I mean we probably got seven or eight kitchen projects going on.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that. When I asked that, I had no idea. So I want to ask something silly because I saw this porcelain stuff and I said to my wife, you know what, this stuff is so beautiful? Can it be used elsewhere than just a shower conversion?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 7: Can you do a bathroom in it? I'm serious about that? Or I mean, is that or is that crazy?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean it can actually be any anywhere you choose where you want to put it. I mean, we focus a lot of a lot of our projects on the bath space, especially like in steam showers, but we put it in. Seventy five percent of our bath projects today are porcelain. We do a lot of kitchen countertops in porcelain, as well as fireplace features and things of that nature.
Speaker 7: So why haven't they done porcelain to this extent? Is the sheet porchan relatively new?
Speaker 3: It is? It?
Speaker 15: It's a relatively new product, and the reason why it hasn't been used as much is because application. It's not the easiest product to install. You've got to have proper tools to be able to do it, and so you have to have proper it's.
Speaker 7: Real porcelain too. On how do they make a sheet out of that stuff? What do they back it with?
Speaker 15: It's quarried, It's quarried in different thicknesses.
Speaker 7: It's literally quarried stone and shine. Now, can you get different finishes like you can with a grand Can you get a more leathered finish or different kinds of finishes or one finish?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you definitely can have.
Speaker 15: You can have a gloss, you can have a matte finish home finish if you will. And there's all kinds of different patterns. I mean, there's hundreds of different patterns. They all look amazing, you know. And the nice thing is, you know, you can make it the way you want to look. So that's the beauty of it all.
Speaker 6: Anyway, thank you for being here. Gonna talk to you some more. I just wanted to talk in general about that.
Speaker 7: And now we're going to go to the phones, and Mark is with us here. If you're streaming, you'll see him there now.
Speaker 6: I brought him up.
Speaker 7: And then we also have anything on your mind you want to talk about. Jeremy wants to talk about IRS, the possible IRS scam man. There are so many scams.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe how many.
Speaker 7: I can't literally believe how many scams are right now, probably more than ever in history, and not just with the IRS.
Speaker 6: What's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Jeremy?
Speaker 16: All right? Yeah, you know I got a letter, you know, from IRS. But it wasn't in my name, but it was my address. There are some companies.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, wait, it was your address, but who was it?
Speaker 8: If it?
Speaker 6: Let me ask you that man, it was your address, but not your name.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so you know, I put it back in the mail and I said, you know, it wasn't mine. And then I gotta know catter with the same company name. So I've been a little research and it's the company's name is like air Grammatic Press and LLC. I don't know, it's yeah, and I G M A T I C Cress And so they the Secretary of State's office and it has my address too on the secretary the secretary.
Speaker 7: Wait, wait minute, so someone filed someone filed the corporation using your address.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they didn't actually use your name.
Speaker 16: Is that right, that's right? Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 7: The only reason I can think of, and I've seen this happen before, is they don't have a legitimate address of their own, and they can't make one up because they can tell on those forms, they can tell if it's a real address or not. So they used your address.
Speaker 17: Heyun simple, Tom, I got some insights into this you might be interested in.
Speaker 7: Wait, wait, wait, what did the letter say though? Yeah, that's a good point, doc. And then and then d you wanted to say, First of all, Jeremy, what did the letter say.
Speaker 16: I haven't opened any of the letters. I set the I R S letter back, But oh you never opened any of them.
Speaker 2: No, okay, where were you gonna say? D? Were you the one saying something D?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Hey, Tom, We had a call identical to this one about three months ago. This dude from Denver called because he said somebody filed the same paperwork with sex state office. And I looked it up and in that guy's case, it was somebody in China filing this paperwork. So while you were on the phone with this gentleman, I looked up this Crescent and to CRESCENTELLC that's supposedly located in Trinidad, and this somebody named j Lee from xing xiang Han Su, China filed this paperwork with a Secretary of State's office. So it's the same scam. They're setting up fake corporations here in Colorado. Now, the caller that I saw, why, well we never figured that out.
Speaker 2: But the caller I spoke with about.
Speaker 17: Three months ago said that he actually spoke with the second car to Secretary of State's office and they told and they recognized that is some kind of a scam. They didn't explain to him what the scam was. But they told him that they're going to remove that registration from their system. He said it will take several months to do it, but they're going to remove it now the.
Speaker 7: Previous Yeah, and I was going to ask another thing. Yeah, I was going to ask another thing, Jeremy, what difference does it make? I can't tell you how many I get so many letters here to the house that aren't mine, and I just ignore them one time, you know, Yeah, I know I wouldn't let it.
Speaker 18: You know it's not yours.
Speaker 17: No, But I think Jeremy needs to make a record with both the I R S and the Secretary of State office that he has no idea who these people are. It's a false registration because who knows what the scam is. Maybe they're going to try to get a title to his house. Maybe they're applying for some kind of refunds from the I R S. And those guys are going to start showing up looking for their money. So as long as you have a record who knows you, I think he'll be safe. Hey, Jeremy, I want to ask you something.
Speaker 7: You never open them up, but you know it's to this one business, right that's the business name being used with your address, you know, Deputy d that happened to me, honest to God, just what he's saying.
Speaker 2: And I ignore them.
Speaker 7: And there was a business name on there, and in.
Speaker 6: Fact it was from the IRS.
Speaker 7: It had the business name and my address on there, but it wasn't my business or any of my businesses, and it was uh and and I ignored it. And I must have gotten over the past few months. I'll bet you I've gotten three different ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look it up. Look it up.
Speaker 17: Maybe it's somebody from China doing this, and start opening those letters. I'd be interested in seeing what the scam really is. And by the way, it's not a good idea to have your mailing address flagged as for fraudulent purposes at the IRS.
Speaker 16: All right, okay, Well I went on to a Secretary of State's office and there's a farm you could fill out if somebody's using you know, your name or your address. What's that? Filled it out, and they said they poured it to the Turnity General Office so that they were going to do an investigation. I was just worried, like you were saying, if they were going to try to come up my house or something or an autumn.
Speaker 2: No, they can't do anything to you.
Speaker 7: Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, but I would probably definitely send them back, or as d said, make a record of a somewhere that you're complaining about it. Hold on a second and we'll come back for a lot more. I'm Tom Martino three three seven to one to three talk. Let me just say this, Frank durand the real estate man. We'll do market valuations of your home. If you're curious what it will sell for in this market, what the comps are looking like, what the competition is, how long it'll take to sell, and what you'll get. Frank Duran will do that analysis free of charge, with no obligation. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Don't forget the when I talked about that solar stuff. If you do a high efficiency system with them, they guarantee the lowest price eight eight eight Heating dot Com.
Speaker 2: All right, now.
Speaker 6: Let's talk and let's see what we can do for you.
Speaker 2: All right, we have Drew.
Speaker 7: Now, Mark, I'm gonna ask you to be on your best behavior.
Speaker 2: Are you there?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 7: You'll know what I mean. I need you to be on your best behavior. Can you do that? Because I think this could be serious.
Speaker 2: Is this the guy that you banned from the show?
Speaker 7: No, listen, I didn't ban him from the show, okay, argue with that. I stopped taking his calls when he was cursing us and praying for our demise. He was very upset with us because I didn't think he had a case and I didn't think he was going about his the right way. But I will never deny people help if they have another issue. And again I couldn't help him with his personal injury thing or his uh, you know, raising money and stuff, but this one seemed a little weird, and I thought we need to explore this. He said that this pharmacist was giving him really bad advice. And as I remember, Drew, you said, it was not a prescribed It was not a prescription med right, It was just a race over the counterman.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 19: That's correct?
Speaker 6: Counter man?
Speaker 2: Pardon what's that sir?
Speaker 19: I never cursed you guys out?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I never said you cursed this out. I said you were praying a curse against us, Drew, Okay, I don't want to get into it right now.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about this particular.
Speaker 7: Call, because what was the what was the drug that he told you to misuse?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 19: There were two different drugs and he gave uh four different wrong malpracticing and structs. And the main thing is his supervisors said it was malpractice when he did. Because he never told me he was doing it, I couldn't read the fine print, so I trusted him, and he was overdosing me on stimulants. Because it last Sunday, eight days ago, I was straining for nine hours for the poison control center told me if.
Speaker 7: You take now, wait, what do you mean you were straining? What were you straining? You mean like to go poop?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, you were straining.
Speaker 7: Yes, And what I need to know is what you're talking about, though, what how did he have anything to do with that because he gave you the wrong laxative.
Speaker 19: No, he gave me the correct laxative. But on the bottles there are instructions. For example, one of them says take only once a day. He told me take it twice a day. I didn't know it was wrong. Then the bottle says take it only seven days maximum, then you go see a doctor. He told me take it forever and don't go see the doctor. So I did not know. And then last Sunday, after taking the laxative, two hours later, he told me to take the stimulant, and a point of control center explained to me that's poisoned because the second stimulant, he's pushing the extretion forward up to twenty four hours, so you're constantly may.
Speaker 7: I ask Drew what you're talking about when you say stimulant, what.
Speaker 2: Do you mean?
Speaker 19: Well, I'm not an extract, but from when I know it makes you go number two. So I had two things pushing forward excreation out of my system constantly. So when I strained to get the first one out, the second one came forward. When I got the second one out, the third one came forward, and the fourth.
Speaker 7: Okay, but it solved your problem of constipation, right.
Speaker 19: Not really, because every ten minutes I was getting constipated again. It kept push.
Speaker 2: Okay, Then, what the heck? I need to know this?
Speaker 7: What was the end result? Right now we're talking to you. Thank goodness, you didn't kill you. What was the end result you finally stopped taking it? What was the end result?
Speaker 19: The end result is I might die. I cannot go number two anymore. I have to go to the emergency room every other day. I can get a wait Warner based laxative, so and it might kill me. That's the end.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, you're saying all of this is the result. How long were you on those those laxatives?
Speaker 19: Probably about ten weeks?
Speaker 7: Oh so you were going to this pharmacist over ten weeks.
Speaker 19: Yes, and he kept giving.
Speaker 2: Me taking his advice.
Speaker 19: Yes, And he was violent.
Speaker 7: And you never read you never read the directions for yourself.
Speaker 19: I couldn't read them, and I tend to trust people, so I trusted him that he was telling me the right thing. So I never I never read them, and I couldn't read it. It's too fine print.
Speaker 14: So when I.
Speaker 19: Collapsed last Sunday, eight days ago, that's when we all figured it out. The doctor is the poison control center. It took us a few days, but he may have, Actually he may have. That's why Day's life warning labels are warning, do not take more than seven days, warning, do not take.
Speaker 1: More than once.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but normally drew normally to do lifelong harm like that, it takes way.
Speaker 6: That's not going to happen in just ten weeks.
Speaker 7: I mean, is are you saying that that, as a result of taking these laxatives twice a day and differently than the instructions say, by listening to this pharmacist, you did permanent harm to.
Speaker 6: Your digestive, to your gi tract.
Speaker 2: Permanent harm.
Speaker 19: That's what they're saying. I can't go number two anymore.
Speaker 7: They're saying in what does that mean you can't What does that mean you can't go number two anymore? What is exactly does that mean, like, if you eat and live a normal life, what will happen?
Speaker 19: Okay, when it comes down to go out, I can't get it out. I have to go to the hospital every other day and you can't a water based cnema. They're giving me water base because there's too much.
Speaker 7: Wait, you have to go every other day because you can't just have a normal bowel movement.
Speaker 19: A can a normal doow movement? Can I make a suggestion if you're staff, Yeah, call Danny Wegman, who owns Wegmans Pharmacy. He's a very nice gentleman. I believe he would solve the problem.
Speaker 7: Well, is he going to admit that his pharmacist committed malpractice?
Speaker 19: I don't know, but I'll say that the district manager has ordered everybody into silence over there, but it's too late. The supervisor already told me that the pharmacists committed malpractice.
Speaker 7: Are you going to try to sue them? Are you going to try to sue them?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 19: What I'm going to do?
Speaker 6: What is the What do you need from us? What were you what was the reason for the call?
Speaker 19: My suggestion is the call Danny Wigman. I met him, I prayed with him, he's a good man. I think he would set me up with the insurance company to at least compensate me fairly, not looking for anything extra. I'm not suing anybody. I've even told him that. Well, I'm I want to do is being minimally compensated for I'm nearly seventy eight years old. This is terrible living like this. I can't go number two anymore.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, but I'm not sure that that pharmacist can be solely responsible for that. Did a doctor tell you why you're having problems with normal bowel movements?
Speaker 19: They think they're starting to examine it enough. They think it might be a kidney issue, but that's causing constipation. The pharmacist has no right, says right on the bottle, any problems, see a physician doesn't say see the pharmacist. The pharmacist was giving me wrong information four or five different ways. That's wrong, and they never warned me. And then I finally collapsed last Sunday after straining for nine hours. But that's just my suggestion. I've met Wegman. You're praying together, all right, Listen.
Speaker 7: Here's what I have another quick question here now, so right now, the way you live right now.
Speaker 6: Every two days you have to go to the er to be evacuated.
Speaker 19: Basically, get to clear it out.
Speaker 7: Are you using Is it possible to just listen? This is a this is not exactly the best topic for talk radio. But have you ever tried just plain old stool softeners?
Speaker 19: Yes, the stooler worked a little minimally, minimally, so we've tried everything. I've tried.
Speaker 2: We RelA.
Speaker 8: You can give yourself an animate at home, and don't.
Speaker 1: You have the er.
Speaker 19: I'm doing Animuse.
Speaker 7: Listen, man, I don't know what to tell you, Drew. I I mean, are you suggesting for the rest of your life you're.
Speaker 6: Going to have to go to the emergency room?
Speaker 2: I doubted.
Speaker 19: I don't know, Tom is this is already sad to me?
Speaker 2: What does your primary care doctor say to you.
Speaker 19: He's saying, I've got to get my Chisney's checked out, and that's what I'm doing tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Well, like I said, Drew, it might just be a series of unfortunate events with your health, and perhaps I listen, Drew, You've been calling me for.
Speaker 2: Many, many, many, many, many.
Speaker 7: Many years, and all I'm saying is this, I don't know if you're going to have a target here that's going to pay, Okay, I'm just gonna put it like that. I don't think you're going to find it that easy to extract reimbursement from these people. And I don't think you're going to find an attorney to take a malpractice case based on recommendations a pharmacist made you over the counter.
Speaker 8: Hey, Tom guy something, Yeah, Drew.
Speaker 19: Drew him, Drew.
Speaker 7: You guys, you want to listen to me, Drew Drew, just hold on, ONTs that go ahead?
Speaker 9: Why don't all you need to do is go see a gas Stow entrologist.
Speaker 8: They will be able to diagnose.
Speaker 19: And already did. He said that.
Speaker 11: My you went to see her.
Speaker 8: You wait, you went to see a gasto entrologist.
Speaker 19: Yes, he said, my blood tests are perfect. He's not going to do any other testing. I'm seeing a kidney doctor. The kidneys are off a little bit, so the kidneys might be malfunctioning. So I'm seeing a kidney doctor tomorrow. When I'm asking you, gentlemen, if you could please ask Danny Wegman to get involved. He's a good man. I meant him my prayer, And what.
Speaker 6: Do you think, why don't you ask him to get involved.
Speaker 19: I don't know his phone number. Corporate doesn't give you his phone number. I mess it in the Star and we're praying to go.
Speaker 7: So you feel, you feel that if we get a hold of Danny Wagman from Wagman's Pharmacy, that he will put you in touch with his insurance company to make payments to you.
Speaker 19: Yes, minimal. I'm not looking for anything extra. I'm looking for a minor compensation for the damon the pharmacist.
Speaker 2: So his insurance company would never pay that, Drew.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think they're going to voluntarily pay you, Drew. They're not going to voluntarily pay you anything. They never do ever.
Speaker 19: Well, no, Tom, you said the other case would never pay anything. Turn now offering fifty thousand dollars the case that you said they were.
Speaker 7: Did you you better take it, Drew, ticket you're talking about the one where tailgate.
Speaker 19: No, the second one where I got rear ended. That's minimum, dammit? So okay with more? You said it was Nichols and Pennies. You're guy there, whatever his name is, hey lying to you by My attorney told me they're offering fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Well, if they're offering fifty, you're gonna get at least two thirds of that.
Speaker 6: Why don't you go and do it?
Speaker 19: Yeah, we are doing that. But in the meantime, good point is sometimes the insurance companies are reasonable. And if you could contact Danny Wagman, you can even give him my phone number. Danny and I talked. Well, he said, there's any problems, call him. I don't have his phone number, so I'm just asking yourself.
Speaker 6: Well, how am I going to get it?
Speaker 14: All?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Hold on?
Speaker 7: Where are they headquartered? Wagman's I got to take a break. Hold on three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five. There's a common theme in these calls, a common theme, a common theme. We all know what it is. We'll talk about it coming back.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I can't go number two anymore.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer, Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. And CMG Financial does reverse loans. Somebody was asking me what is that lender?
Speaker 2: I've been hearing the.
Speaker 6: Advertise about reverse They are doing reverse loans. By the way, it's CMG.
Speaker 7: And you can talk to John over there at three three eight eight two sixty six seventy nine, partner in lending dot com. So King's got a comment onrew Go ahead, King?
Speaker 6: What is your comment? Hello, Yes, sir, go ahead.
Speaker 12: Oh the guys should start getting used to take the enemy a warm water with a little bit of minim oil. My helping you know?
Speaker 2: Now do you do it?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 2: Is that what you do?
Speaker 6: King? I never knew this show would resort would go ahead. So we're talking enemas. Do you do your own?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Right, I was trained in the army years.
Speaker 2: Ago, trained in the army.
Speaker 6: Do you give yourself an enema?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 6: Are you crapping off?
Speaker 12: I was trained as a medic.
Speaker 6: And oh, I get it, but you do it to yourself.
Speaker 12: Sure, I'm eighty four years old.
Speaker 16: You know you know.
Speaker 7: That is a problem. I guess if you have a problem. But I just look at I. I just have to say this and thank you for calling King Drew. I really, I know you've been so disappointed with me over the years because I tell it like it is. And the bottom line is you're always looking for someone to pay something to you for doing you wrong. It happens too much for any one person to have this. Many people do them wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean every time you turn around, there's someone doing you wrong.
Speaker 19: I mean, there's New Jersey. This is not Colorado. New Jersey. There is massive crime, massive fraud going on. Many people are in court every year in New Jersey. It's not Colorado. All I'm asking you to do is please please make a phone call to Danny Wagman. He'll probably try to solve a problem. And as far as doing the animus, I thank King for his comments. First, the first color accent that I was involved with crippled both of my hands. My hands and arms are crippled. I cannot give myself an enema I am crippled by federal corner order?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 6: Drew hold On?
Speaker 7: And you're asking me, well, Danny Wagman a CEO of a giant drug company, and say Drew has given bad advice to use these stimulants and accidents over a ten week period. Now, Drew didn't read the directions himself. He relied totally on the pharmacist. And now he believes you owe him compensation because he can't go number two without going to the emergency room. What do you think Wagman is going to say? Oh, sure, how much does he want?
Speaker 20: Come on?
Speaker 6: Going to happen?
Speaker 19: I asked him to be ridiculous, but all that thing is to try.
Speaker 6: How much you want?
Speaker 2: Okay, he's going to ask.
Speaker 6: He's going to ask what does he want?
Speaker 19: I have no idea. This just happened. Whatever Danny says, I will go along with. He's a good man. I met him in the store, we prayed together. You're can tell him this. Whatever Danny says, I accept.
Speaker 2: God Mark, I just talked. I just talked to Danny. No you didn't, yep. Would you make that? Would you make that call?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 16: Uh? No?
Speaker 2: No, he said he will give Drew one Nickel.
Speaker 19: Every time this guy, whatever his name is, he I have spent my life protecting people, children and others.
Speaker 13: Drew, every time you called, you walked into a tailgate, and you blame the tailgate, and.
Speaker 19: Then we have an engineer report that the only thing happened the tailgate was left open up and down on the sidewalk. I was nighttime. I was just simply walking. The tailgate struck me in ahead. My two arms are tripled. There's some medical reports written by neurologis engineer reports with this stepany I could tell him when he wanted suit, he would say a line. He always says a line.
Speaker 7: Okay, Drew, I don't feel comfortable asking Danny Wagman for compensation for this.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: Maybe I can get one of the deputies to call him, I think.
Speaker 21: Tom, Deputy Boue, Why don't true, Why don't you send a letter registered mail return receipt requested to Danny explain what your situation is and that.
Speaker 9: Way he'll have all the information in front of him and see if you get a response.
Speaker 6: That might be the way to do it. We got to take a break, and I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're troubleshooter Integrat John Jones. I'm so sorry, Johnny that it took so long to get to you here, but I wanted to ask you real quick. This woman got a phone call EVA and they talked her into switching her supplement, and she's sorry she did it EVA.
Speaker 6: When did that phone call come in? Roughly?
Speaker 2: Eva? Roughly? When did the phone?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 2: Was that open enrollment? John?
Speaker 6: Are they allowed to switch her on Saturday?
Speaker 14: So Medicare supplements? Was she on a supplement or an advantage plan?
Speaker 2: Advantage?
Speaker 16: John?
Speaker 2: It was sub Oh, it was an advantage.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Mark, it's an advantage.
Speaker 14: So there is an advantage open enrollment window which is January first to March thirty first. It's a one time oh switch to your your Medicare evan. So if if you get a Medicare advantage plan during the annual Roman period which is October fifteenth December seventh, you still you have between January first and March thirty first to change it one time if you want to.
Speaker 6: So now wait a minute. So if he slammed her into it on a Saturday, last Saturday, can she get out of it?
Speaker 14: I would contact the carrier directly and I file a formal complaint.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison call all Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rip.
Speaker 6: Need advice who you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: No Tom Martine, Hey Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. We're here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, and make your life a little easier.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here.
Speaker 7: We got the whole Crewe Deputy Doc here with me, We Nick Fox with renew Home Innovations dot Com, Mark Major at his mothership, and then we have of course Deputy d and Deputy BO at the station. So we've got a lot to talk about today. And let's talk to John Jones really quickly.
Speaker 1: Is he still on?
Speaker 6: And he's with Integer Insurance Group.
Speaker 7: They're health insurance brokers and they do on and off the exchange, and they do it the wise way. They customize these plans for people, or they look for plans for people, and they don't put people into plans.
Speaker 6: They put plans for people.
Speaker 7: And so that what they mean is that they really really have a great service for helping you find health insurance.
Speaker 6: But what happens when you know you get solicited on the phone. This happens a lot.
Speaker 2: John, We're hearing more and more of these.
Speaker 7: Big, high pressure calls trying to get you to switch from ab in a supplement over to advantage or to try to switch your supplements. I didn't know phone rooms were a really big thing, but they are when it comes to health insurance.
Speaker 1: Now have you noticed that, Yes, sir, Yeah.
Speaker 14: And I mean there's a certain certainly some advice is don't just enter your information into something online. Like a lot of people will search online. They think that they're checking out connect for Health Colorado, for example, but there's a lot of sites that are similar and you and you enter that information online and all of a sudden, you get a lot of phone calls from a lot of these agents who aren't even in the state, who aren't selling affordable care, call off and health, and whose sales practices are the step to that and dishonest at work. In some cases. It is open enrollment for the the for Medicare advantage, right, and this is where people can change their plan once. So if you got sold a Medicare advantage plan in the fall during the annual role period and it didn't work for you, or your doctors aren't in it, or you've got the wrong plan. You're all out to change this one time, but it's just once, and so you want to be really careful that you're making the right decisions if that's something that you're doing during this time. But yeah, certainly there's a lot of there's agents out there who are trying to give you to change. They're trying to rewrite the business, trying to get that that commission.
Speaker 7: Have you ever had people call you and say, John, we we mistakingly signed up for someone we don't want them.
Speaker 14: It happens, it does that, but that's during the the the annual Roman period right December seventh, and then so yeah, we do. We get called during open enrollments saying, hey, hey, Eva, how can you help us?
Speaker 2: Eva?
Speaker 7: There's one thing we didn't ask And Deputy Doc brought this up during a break.
Speaker 2: What how do you know what you got into is not good?
Speaker 7: And now I'm not saying you should keep it, but but why do you feel it's automatically bad?
Speaker 10: Well, Tom, the reason is that I got pressured into signing.
Speaker 11: Over the phone and I had asked I first want.
Speaker 10: To receive your information and compare it with what I got from company, And somehow I got pressured into signing over the phone to even get it, and I was looking later that I should have.
Speaker 11: Told them I've called them back after I.
Speaker 10: See what I have so that I could compare it with what they are saying that they could give me. But I guess I stupidly got pressured into it.
Speaker 2: Well did you ever compare them?
Speaker 10: Well, I can't compare them because she said I won't get that written information until after the first and it's going to change on the first.
Speaker 2: I bet John knows town John, what's what did you have and what do you have now?
Speaker 14: Because the plan's not effectuated yet, I really recommend, because the plan is not effectuated, effectuates on the first, so the end of this week, I really recommend that you do contact Hilton company that you switched to, that the other whoever sold you this moved you over to, that you contact them you explain, Uh, it was not adequately presented to me. I didn't wasn't given the opportunity to compare the two plans, the one that I was on in this one and file will contact your other health in term company that you had and see if they'll I can be reinstated because this plan hasn't been effectuated yet. That's right, Okay.
Speaker 6: What I'd like to know is this though, what what is the new what's the name of the new plan?
Speaker 10: It's United Healthcare.
Speaker 6: The new plan, and what was the old plan?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 6: Just out of curiosity, do you know kind of any kind of uh?
Speaker 14: And I can't go into benefit over the air.
Speaker 6: You have United.
Speaker 8: He I'm very happy with it.
Speaker 6: You know, we can't assume what she has is bad because the guy slammed her on the phone.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Eva, thank you.
Speaker 7: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five he he says, if you call the underwriter and say, look, we've done this, you know I was pressured.
Speaker 6: I don't feel right. I don't want it right, John, Okay.
Speaker 7: Integra Insurance Group and Integrainsurance dot com three oh three four sixty six fifty five hundred. We're gonna move on. I got a lot happening here today. We also have Nick Fox with us with remember Meet the Falkers. This is Meet the Fox anyway, Nick Fox. So you can see his bathrooms at renew Home Innovations dot Com. But their their shower conversions. They're doing some sheet porcelain. Somebody wanted to ask, can that sheet porcelain be used as backs ashes in the kitchen? Somebody wanted to do something really creative with it.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, you can do the entire countertop with.
Speaker 7: Out of the wait wait wait, countertop of course with porcelain. Absolutely, so wait a minute, that would look rich man. So you put that over like a base, like you would even anything, like you know, any kind of wow, thick is it?
Speaker 15: Well, it comes in different slab sizes. It can be in six am, twelve cm and three cms, so it's multiple different sizes of centimeters centimeters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so would that be like a quarter inch would be the thickest?
Speaker 8: No, about a half inch?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 15: Really, you can even get almost it can almost be about the size of an inch.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 7: And what colors are we talking about? Is I always think of porcelain as being white.
Speaker 15: Well, no, there's there's hundreds of different color.
Speaker 7: Are they naturally colored at the quarry or are we talking about quarried.
Speaker 2: Colors or made colors?
Speaker 15: They're made, they're made patterns and they're baked into the products, so they'll never come out.
Speaker 6: You never have to carry about them. So what kind of colors?
Speaker 2: A lot of natural stone, look, okay, a lot of natural the.
Speaker 7: Grays and the whites and the beigees and that. Do people do any pastels at all?
Speaker 15: There's a lot of pastel that are being created today. There's actually some really beautiful blue patterns that are just incredible that people are really intrigued with.
Speaker 7: But can you explain to me how porcelain, let's say, differs in hardness to like a granite or.
Speaker 6: Something like that.
Speaker 15: So a couple of things about porcelain in general, it's a raw material. It can be versatile for all different types of projects in the home. It's not absorbent to anything, so you don't have to worry about, you know, anything being porous. It's resistant to liquids, to acids, thermal shock.
Speaker 6: In fact, you can even get any.
Speaker 7: Not even water spotting. I mean, it's amazing to me. It's amazing. Now are toilets when they say porcelain, are they really porcelain toilets? Are there? I mean the toilets we buy nowadays, if they're not plastic, that that hard like white glass, is that a porcelain?
Speaker 6: It is a porcelain.
Speaker 15: It's a porcelainto okay, correct, Yeah, but there's there's so many advantages to this product. I mean, it's a very hygienic surface. They're using it in hospital because it doesn't cling on to germs exactly.
Speaker 6: That's a huge fat. Viruses don't live on it. Yeah, you don't need to.
Speaker 15: You don't need to embed it with a microbial an antimicrobial product like some of the other products that require it.
Speaker 8: So I have a question, Nick.
Speaker 9: I always thought that porcelain was like a glaze that you put over something and then bake it.
Speaker 2: So you say, yeah, that's what I thought too.
Speaker 8: Actually, mine porcelain.
Speaker 2: It's a stone slab. It's a it's a stone.
Speaker 6: That's a slab, and then and they put a coating over it. It's baked into the coating. I never knew that. Yeah, what does rough porcelain look like?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't have an answer.
Speaker 7: Oh all right, I just wondered what you know like, because granted, looks pretty damn ugly before you do anything to it. Anyway, So porcelain, as far as it's resiliency, you're saying it's one of the most resilient.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, it doesn't. The color doesn't alter, it can handle heavy loads, it's.
Speaker 2: Very easy to clean.
Speaker 7: But it costs wise, Is it really expensive compared to like if you were to do a shower and put granite in there, or put porcelain in there or put Do people use quartzite for showers or not?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 6: I know there's a in today's market. There's acrylic showers.
Speaker 15: Yeah, there's tile showers, which most people aren't utilizing anymore. And then there's a lot of blended material products that might have a crushed stone with sometimes.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, yeah, but where's expense goes? Where does porcelain sit.
Speaker 6: Mid to top tier?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 15: But the nice thing about it is because we buy it in such a large volume, we're able to get really competitive.
Speaker 6: With our prices.
Speaker 15: So don't let the uh, the product fear you from even being concerned about the cost, because we're actually really competitive with the product.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you're gonna get it, you're saying you can make you can make it, right, Yeah, we we can.
Speaker 15: We can be very competitive.
Speaker 7: And also a shower something you're gonna do once, right, It's not like you want to cheap out on it. You're gonna do it once one hundred percent.
Speaker 15: And you know, I'll tell you what's really If you have an interest in a steam shower and this is the ideal product for it, Pristeam. Yeah, absolutely, it does not. It does not change its effectiveness at all. I mean a lot of the products you can't you can't do.
Speaker 14: It with it.
Speaker 7: Mark, I think I I've asked you this before. What's that beautiful shower that you have? Is that is that porcelain?
Speaker 2: What is the what are the walls on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: God, it's beautiful. It's oh my god, it's stunning. And I when I went in there, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like wow, it really is a wow factor.
Speaker 15: It's the nicest product I've seen on the market.
Speaker 7: Three O three seven one three A two five five. We have more coming right up on the Troubleshooter Show. And UH want to remind you that uh KH Home Solutions.
Speaker 2: Uh they have.
Speaker 7: All kinds of exterior solutions for your home. They've been with me for years. Khwindows dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Tom Martine here.
Speaker 7: At three oh three seven on three talks seven on three eight two five five Montoya wants to talk about Vimeo.
Speaker 2: Is it the video service Vimeo or is it Venmo? I think it's Vimeo, right, Yes, that's correct, Tom.
Speaker 3: Vimeo similar to YouTube, a different company altogether.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And Vimeo is seems to give be geared more toward companies and stuff in my opinion.
Speaker 6: But anyway, what's going on with Vimeo?
Speaker 16: Well, Vimeo.
Speaker 3: Similar to YouTube. They allow users the upload videos of anything. And I was just googling online and I found a video of someone that I knew who made an off color remark about my mother, and my mother's been dissed. What studying eighteen?
Speaker 7: Now, wait a minute, Montoya, hold on his se hold on his sec This is weird. So you happen to be on Vimeo and you were browsing Vimeo.
Speaker 3: No, I was browsing Google, just typing in people's names, just to see what's out there, because these people have been doing things.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it?
Speaker 7: And when you okay, So when you are Vimeo, excuse me, when you are googling names, you put your mom's name in there.
Speaker 3: No, I put my aunt's name, and I found out that she died.
Speaker 6: And what happened when you put happened when you put your aunt's name in there?
Speaker 3: I found a whole lot of returns of a legacy page saying that she died. And then three or four lines down, I find this online funeral of her service that was live stream but recorded and kept up on the Vimeo site.
Speaker 7: Now, let me ask you this, Montoya. So your anne did die when you all right, she had died.
Speaker 3: She had died several weeks in the past, but there was, okay, this recorded one hour service which they called But why.
Speaker 7: Why did you I'm just curious. Why did you google your deceased aunt's name. I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: I I had had legal problems with this aunt and I didn't know that she died yet. I just want to see where they were at if they were going to try something else. So this is my way, whether checking out social media page.
Speaker 2: But that's how you found out she died. That's how you found out she died.
Speaker 7: It was online, yes, because none of the family communicates to me anymore. Okay, so you found she had recently passed away, and then there was some kind of video on Vimeo of her service.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's a company that all they do is upload funeral services onto sites like Vimeo, and their profile on Vimeo.
Speaker 2: There really are they hired? Are they hired to do it?
Speaker 3: Yes, they are hired to do it based off their website when I.
Speaker 7: Did the okay, so someone must have hired this company to film your aunt's memorial and it was uploaded to Vimeo.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 6: And what happened then, well.
Speaker 3: I looked at the service and forty five minutes and there's this niece of my mother's getting up on stage saying that on behalf of all the nieces and nephews, I've been tasked to speak on behalf of this deceased game. Now that's the frauduct problem. I wasn't consulted, so for her to say that she spoke to everyone and got conceers was a false statement.
Speaker 6: Second, well I understand that, but no one I understand.
Speaker 7: It's just like when people are at a town hall and they say, well, I speak from my neighborhood.
Speaker 2: And but anyway, so what happened This woman or this.
Speaker 6: Cousin of yours is up there speaking at your aunt's memorial and it's on vimeo.
Speaker 2: Then what.
Speaker 3: Then she gets to going through a list of all the ants that passed them, who has passed away, and all the ants that's still living. So she's kind of given a summary of what these ants are like.
Speaker 7: And the first now is this niece? Was this the daughter of the deceased ant? Or was this just some cousin?
Speaker 3: This was just some cousin.
Speaker 7: So a random cousin is up there speaking about the family.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and she mentioned your mom.
Speaker 3: Yes she made a crack, which once I tell you what you what she said, it will sound like opinion. But when you hear the back history of it, you will understand, or I should say, I hope you and your audience will understand. It was more sinister than that.
Speaker 2: But if she's not alive. What does it matter?
Speaker 3: Once you hear the back history, I would hope you understood.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, that's what I want to hear. But Montoya, hold on a second. I'll come right back to you. This is a very strange call, but very interesting as well, because there are certain laws and there are certain.
Speaker 6: Laws regarding the dead, the deceased, and there are certain.
Speaker 7: Laws about those they left behind as well as to whether they have actions on anything like this. We'll talk about that and more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. Don't forget Compass Insurance Group for insan insurance checkups to make sure you're not under insured or you're not paying too much for insurance. They'll do a complete honest check. Three oh three nine nine to six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: So we're here helping you.
Speaker 7: Uh. If you have a problem, questioner, complain, give us a call. We have Montoya Montoya said he was watching he basically was doing some searching on Google and found a vimeo a video basically, and the vimeo video was a funeral service of his aunt, and some cousin was up there talking about the family, and apparently, I think he's going to get to this. The cousin made some disparaging remarks about your mom.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: She made some remarks, Montoya, can you hear me?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 6: What did you say about your mom?
Speaker 3: Well, she started off staying, we're blessed to have our no nonsense aunt aunt Selma, which is my mother, which immediately people started laughing in the background. Then she went on to other aunts, saying ump and circumstance aunt, the other aunt, if someone is a safe place that she's always a safe place to go to. Every aunt had something positive except my mother by the same person who wrote my mother a letter while she was dying and blasted her for not speaking to her, blasted her over the phone. Same person at that funeral told her the next time I want your opinion, I'll tell you about it. Exclamation points.
Speaker 7: Okay, now here's what I need to know, Montoya. Hold on, Montoya, I need to know this. What remarks were made about your mother about the.
Speaker 3: No nonsense act?
Speaker 2: Well, what does that?
Speaker 6: Why is that an insult?
Speaker 3: That's an insult based on those prior actions that happened while my mother was dying. That the same niece told her about you can't.
Speaker 7: Have ita makes no That makes no sense to me. And I'm listening to every word you're saying. She to the sum total of the remarks that people would have gotten in the audience, the sum total of all the remarks, not knowing the previous emails or previous conversations or whatever, was that your mom was a no nonsense aunt.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 16: Not entirely.
Speaker 3: I communicated to the family of.
Speaker 2: No no Montoya.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna Montoya, I'm gonna have to keep you focused and here's why, Because you're looking at this from background information that you have. I'm looking at this as someone who is in the audience what they would walk away with about your mom, because that's all that counts. It doesn't matter what the behind the story is. It doesn't matter how you personally took it. It doesn't matter how your mom would have taken it. What matters is what was said publicly about your mother, and all I hear so far is that she was the.
Speaker 2: No nonsense aunt.
Speaker 16: That's correct.
Speaker 6: Well, there's nothing actionable there.
Speaker 3: Well, based off of VIMEOS terms and conditions, there's a clause about which I'm I'm looking at on my screen about what defamation is. I know you mentioned before about dead people. That's not in there in their terms and conditions. I'm reading it right now on my screen.
Speaker 7: Well okay, but but Montoya, Montoya man, you sound intelligent.
Speaker 2: Let let me let me just talk to you.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 6: I know you're upset about your mother, but let me explain something to you.
Speaker 2: You're telling me.
Speaker 7: That because a cousin at a funeral service said that your mom was a no nonsense aunt, that she defamed your mother.
Speaker 6: Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Well, if I, if I, if I speak about the past, you're going to suggest I need to be focused.
Speaker 7: So no, I know what I'm saying, Montoya is it doesn't matter about the past. If I knew, for example, someone had a questionable past, and if I accuse them one time as being a child molestor Okay, let's just say I had an uncle and I put an email to my uncle, You're a dirty child molester.
Speaker 6: Okay. Then at the uncle's funeral, I get up and say, you know what, my uncle.
Speaker 2: I never liked the guy.
Speaker 7: I never trusted him, or he was a no nonsense uncle, or you know that uncle, I would never trust him alone with anybody. If I said any of those things that the people did not have were not privy to the previous comments or emails, there would be no connective tissue. There would be nothing defamatory. I'm just telling you that you're connecting dots that the public would not connect. You are personally you are personally insulted, even with the people. Lontoa, that's right. If she went up and said, you know, Anthelma, I never liked her. She was a no nonsense anne.
Speaker 6: She was unfriendly and I never got along with her, and everyone laughed and said, yeah, yeah, that's not defamation.
Speaker 7: That's opinion. I don't even know what Montoya. You have the weakest case you were defamation. You have the weakest case for defamation I have ever heard in my entire life. And the fact that they violated Vimeo terms, let's say they did. Let's say, for argument's sake, they have violated Vimeo terms one hundred percent. That doesn't give you an action, that gives Vimeo an action, or it gives you maybe the action to request.
Speaker 6: That they remove it.
Speaker 7: I think you're overthinking this thing, man. I'm not trying to disrespect.
Speaker 2: You or your mother. You're overthinking it.
Speaker 6: I don't think anyone will ever even stumble on the damn thing, And if they do, they're going to go through the comments. You think they're actually gonna listen to somebody giving a eulogy at a funeral and then.
Speaker 2: Pick out the part about your mom.
Speaker 6: Think of it, really, Montoya, from a common sense standpoint, do you really believe that you have anything actionable?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: I'm not asking if you're not pissed off.
Speaker 7: You see, you can be pissed off, you can be insulted, but that's not the same as defamation.
Speaker 3: I only came up with that reasoning based on what is in Vimeo's definition.
Speaker 6: Read what it says in Vimeo.
Speaker 2: What does this say?
Speaker 3: We do not allow content that makes provable false statements of fact about a person, regardless of their private or public status, that would harm their reputation.
Speaker 2: Now tell me what is cruel?
Speaker 20: Tell me what is cruel or untrue about someone saying that Thelma was a no nonsense aunt.
Speaker 2: What's cruel about that?
Speaker 3: Well, the document doesn't say cruel, It just said provable false statements.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I'm saying provable.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: So you're saying that your mother was not no nonsense, your mother was all about nonsense?
Speaker 2: What are you actually saying?
Speaker 3: What I'm actually saying is this niece got up there made a comment opinion about my mother without giving full disclosure of what she said to my mother.
Speaker 7: She doesn't have to Montoya. You called me for advice, she doesn't have to get full disclosure. There is nothing actionable there. Okay, I'm sorry. You are really wasting a lot of time, and what you ought to do is get over the grief of losing your mother, because that's what this is That's what this is.
Speaker 2: This is unspent love.
Speaker 6: This is grief.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 6: And you don't know where to direct it right now. And I feel very bad for you, I really do, because I can tell you love your mother. I loved my mother. I can tell.
Speaker 7: And you don't want anything said bad. You don't want anything that would reflect on her in a negative way. But you're barking up the wrong tree. You're really picking a fight that doesn't need to be picked. It's something that is a nothing burger, literally, and I'm telling.
Speaker 2: You that out of love.
Speaker 6: To move on.
Speaker 2: We have more coming up.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roof Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three O three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five, Uh, real quick, here a renew home Innovations dot com.
Speaker 6: They want to know somebody wants to know to get a bid?
Speaker 2: Do you how do you do it that?
Speaker 7: That was basically their question, how do they get a bid on the on the shower with the porcelain?
Speaker 15: Pretty straightforward. They could just call the office and do you have to go out there to do it? You definitely need to call yeah and do it. But we do have a pretty good promotion going on right now with if you purchase a shower, we give you a free matching vanity countertop really of the porcelain, of the porcelain, absolutely really yeah, it's gone over really well.
Speaker 6: So you get the shower and they get the vanity.
Speaker 7: Yep, okay, and that's all included, all included three oh three nine zero four two thousand three oh three nine zero four two zero zero zero and it's renew home Innovations dot com.
Speaker 6: Do you still have that? Do you still have that incredible deal? With these seventy two months, we.
Speaker 2: Haven't been running it for a while, but we do have twelve months no payments. Oh that's good.
Speaker 7: Twelve months, no payments, yes, no interest, no interest? Okay, Sean, what's going on with you? Sean, what's happening?
Speaker 18: Tom wins stigma call?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 18: I'm centurllily is driving me nuts. I've I've I've switched my service to Comcasts for my business, internet and phone, and they keep I've called them multiple times while I ever gets the chat because you sit on hold for hours and uh, I know it's terrible.
Speaker 2: So what's the issue.
Speaker 18: Well, they keep they keep saying, yeah, you're closed, it's you're you're you know, you don't have any anything with us. And then every month I'm getting a bill announce up to five hundred and eighty bucks.
Speaker 7: Again five hundred Wait wait wait wait, when when did the bill did it? Did this bill come years ago or weeks ago or suddenly show up or how did it happen?
Speaker 18: I canceled service like in November, and okay, from November to now?
Speaker 14: Is the billing on it?
Speaker 7: So when you canceled in November? Yeah, when you canceled, did you owe anything?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 18: I paid, well, I did ow and I paid the fine. What I thought was the final bill?
Speaker 2: And then and it was was it for cell service. Was it for sale?
Speaker 18: It's the it's business internet and the phone.
Speaker 2: A broadband. Yeah, okay, did you return the modem?
Speaker 3: They said?
Speaker 18: The guy came out here. It's a long stort, but no, I didn't return the modem. But what they're charging me for, mark is is for the service. They keep saying that I'm still hooked up in. They're providing me the internet service and phone service even though the numbers are transferred to comcasts since last year.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of.
Speaker 2: New need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 11: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 18: Come man.
Speaker 5: This is the troubleshooter show.
Speaker 6: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here? Three oh three seven one three talk seven one.
Speaker 2: Three eight two five five. How can we help you? Whatever we can do, we will do for you.
Speaker 7: So we have one guy in the line wondering what to do about his century link issue. We've been talking to other people today about all kinds of issues in their life, and whatever you have going on in your life, you can call us and ask for help, information, give us a complaint, just unload. There's a lot happening consumer wise. A lot of people are upset in the federal government that they.
Speaker 6: Have to justify their jobs, they have to actually go to the office and work.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine.
Speaker 7: That there is a government so cruel as to require people to show up at the office and actually work.
Speaker 2: I have never seen such a cruelty in my life.
Speaker 6: God bring back Biden.
Speaker 7: Whoever heard of working an honest week and actually showing what we've done?
Speaker 6: Okay, here's some texts by the way. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five. Okay, Tom, your dude Drew doesn't.
Speaker 2: Seem to be wrapped too tight.
Speaker 7: But I will say this, and I don't want to be indelicate here, but I personally know a woman who gives themselves a colonic in preparation of that.
Speaker 16: Area.
Speaker 7: Never mind, Okay, thank you for that information. So for those listening, we have a caller. Drew calls in from time to time. But he's always calling in wanting to sue somebody or get money from somebody. Isn't that really it? I don't dislike this guy, Drew. I mean he's actually become a fixture over the years. I remember when he wanted to sue the Jersey or some sports venue he wanted to He's been suing people his entire life, suing people, That's what he does. I could have sworn it that Drew crackpos said he will never call again, or I could have sworn and you told him never to call again.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure he said he was going to sue you for the go fund me. Yes, no he did.
Speaker 7: And then also I remember him saying that he was going to curse. Don't you remember he was praying that that some curses on us. He really did, I mean I had I I deleted the email. Has Drew tried possibly becoming a Republican?
Speaker 6: Oh? And he wouldn't be so full of he is a Republican never mind.
Speaker 14: M hm.
Speaker 7: Anyway, here's the bottom line. I don't know how this man existed in life because he's always has people against him in his mind or doing him wrong. He's always blaming people for something. It would be very interesting to know his life story, man, anyway, three zero three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five, Tom, I look at what's going on with Doge as a positive. I work for a very large corporation, and I want this company to be successful. When the owner is pulling in a big in big bucks, the paychecks that buy what I need aren't bouncing. Oh that's good, so he's saying, so, why do you think, though, that this new thing with I mean, it's amazing the outrage people have over this Department of Government efficiency. There was a definition if no there is if there was ever if there was there's an outrage among let's put it this way, mark among Democrats, there's an out There's.
Speaker 13: Very few of them that are that nuts, So give them some credit, man, all right. Anyway they make it, they make it sound like half the country's in an uproar. It's simply not true.
Speaker 7: Oh, speaking of that, you're right, because here's what they said in a in a poll. I've seen some polls saying that most of Americas does not trust the media to report on what's going on accurately, that media is no longer trusted. Boy, I can't believe how many texts I'm getting from people saying, please no more calls from Drew.
Speaker 2: That last one was really rough.
Speaker 6: About number two. He has to go to the emergency room every two days.
Speaker 2: It was unlike any other call I remember.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So, in any case, the bottom line is when it comes per people that I call per pec perpetual victims, and I truly mean that they are literally perpetual victims. They are always looking for someone to blame something on. So, by the way, do you know I found a site. I love this site where you can put in.
Speaker 2: A gender, you can put in an age, you can put in a RaSE, and you.
Speaker 7: Can put in an ethnicity, and it will tell you what crimes are committed against you.
Speaker 6: I statistically what for example, let's just okay, let's say so it's called sec security dot org.
Speaker 7: And then you gotta go. You gotta drill down resources, crime safety index. But like, let's say take a female here, I'll send you.
Speaker 2: The link mark.
Speaker 7: I'll send youthn so I'm looking at female. Then let me put female there and then.
Speaker 2: Put a age.
Speaker 7: So females, let's say thirty six to fifty five, and let's say white, and here are the offenses that most affect them. Assaults thirty three percent, larceny and theft twenty six percent, destruction or damage of their property thirteen percent, fraud offenses twelve percent.
Speaker 6: Is this incredible mark, I'm definitely going to send you. I'm definitely sending you the link here.
Speaker 2: I'm going to text it to you. People.
Speaker 6: I should put this up. Wait, I can put it up on YouTube right that link?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 6: Are we allowed to put links up there?
Speaker 2: Because it's a pretty incredible site.
Speaker 7: You put in according to crime statistics, if you put in the age and all of that, the gender, it'll tell you.
Speaker 6: Here, I'm sending you the link right there there.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 6: It's called twenty twenty three Crime and Safety Index.
Speaker 7: So if you put it in like, for example, let's say males and let's say older males seventy six and above that are white. Let's just say there, what do they have. Okay, Larceny and theft is number one. Thirty five percent of older men are robbed, Fraud is seventeen percent, destruction of their property fifteen percent, burglary, breaking and entering fourteen percent, motor vehicle theft seven percent.
Speaker 2: So what would you think? So I'm trying to find the ones.
Speaker 7: Where cyber Let's take people men thirty six to fifty five. And I wish you could put in more than just white or Native American or black or I.
Speaker 6: Wish you Oh yeah, let's put any that's any So here you go.
Speaker 7: Okay, So in this event in males, larceny and theft thirty one percent, man assault defenses twenty four Assault and larceny seem to be up there, but fraud Mark, are you seeing this site? Because I think it's incredible. So let's take people eighteen to thirty five males. Again, Number one is assault defenses against them or larceny and theft against them, destruction of their personal property, motor vehicle thefts seven percent. So if you wanted to see what affects you, what crime affects you, you can.
Speaker 6: Go to this stupid site. It's wonderful.
Speaker 7: Security dot org Now, as far as crime goes, though, how many packages do you think online purchases generate in the United States? What would you say? How many packages? Have you ever thought about? How many packages a year?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 6: Twenty two.
Speaker 2: Billion?
Speaker 7: Twenty two billion go to our porches. Hence these findings, twelve billion dollars were stolen off of porches last year. Do you understand twelve billion dollars in merchandise was stolen off of porches.
Speaker 2: In one year.
Speaker 6: That's a billion dollars a month, a billion dollars a month.
Speaker 2: What do you think the highest.
Speaker 6: Porch pirate states are? What do you think the highest mark? Give me a guest.
Speaker 7: The highest porch pirate state California. No, Kentucky, Now this is I don't I don't even get these.
Speaker 6: Number two North Dakota, number three, Nebraska, number four Iowa. I know you were thinking New York, California, me too, No, And number five one, two, three, four Alaska.
Speaker 2: Those are the top five Kentucky.
Speaker 7: North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, and Alaska.
Speaker 2: One in four.
Speaker 7: People are victimized by porch fires. They're saying it's the number one up and coming crime. Nine and ten Americans are worried about it, and then who receives more package thefts apartment dwellers or single family homes.
Speaker 2: Well, come on, that's easy.
Speaker 7: Apartment dwellers have double the rate of piracy, double the rate fourteen percent of MERI of Americans take no precautions to.
Speaker 6: Cut down on porch pirating. What can you do to cut down on porch piraty?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: What can you do? I mean, there's got to be a system soon because it's getting to be.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 7: No, that that doesn't stop it. That just gives you a nice recording of it. I mean, that's all you see on ring some kind of a lock box that works where the package goes in but nothing comes out. So is it the kind of lock box where the delivery person just drops it in or do they have a key.
Speaker 8: Mark.
Speaker 6: We've had people bring new products to us where they propose these boxes on the porch that are Yeah.
Speaker 22: That what was dumb though, because you could pick up the whole box. Well yeah, but then he was saying we were going to bolt it down. Well, I guess what's amazing people do that.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 7: Colorado, by the way, is a medium okay, the the medium value of stuff stolen in Colorado's eighty seven dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what are you talking? Just ports pirate?
Speaker 6: Then right, that's it. Everything we're talking about is just porch piracy right now.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: And it's just like I said, it's something that do people ride around just looking for this?
Speaker 2: What do you think the states are with the least that this is amazing to me?
Speaker 7: The least amount of porch pirates Connecticut, Michigan, Utah, Georgia, and New Jersey. The least amount. New Jersey is one of the lowest in the in the lowest five. We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Lee on your next go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hey Tom Mars you know here in three oh three seven one three talk terminal three eight two five five Leon, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Hello? Leon?
Speaker 1: Bhie? Hello?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 16: Hey man?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: All right? I've I've had a little bit of a problem with a company called Gemini. They have an apps that you can trade in crypto, and I decided in December, I wanted, just before Christmas, I'm going to put some money into cryptocurrency, specifically, point Leon, How did they?
Speaker 6: How did you get a hold of Gemini?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 1: I went to the Internet and google what's the best app to download to get into crypto? And they okay, number one advertised on Internet. They had a bunch of crypto apps that you can look at, but these guys were according to the Google search, they were the best guys. So, okay, understood. I had to give them all my info. There's a lot of things going into it, and then once you registered, you have to put in money into your wallet so that you can start trading. And that took a couple of days for it to show up in my wallet, which it did, and then they froze my account, and.
Speaker 6: It's like, watch why okay, Leon, Leon, yep, how much did you put in your.
Speaker 1: Account two thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: And how much crypto were you supposed to get?
Speaker 1: Oh, you open to trade in different kinds of cryptos, so you can put in five hundred bucks into bitcoin and then do dough. Okay, you can. You can play with it, and then once you want to withdraw your money, you just click a button and you say out And how how.
Speaker 7: How soon did they How soon did they freeze your account after you opened it?
Speaker 1: I need it. I haven't been able to buy any crypto, so my money is sitting in my Gemini account, in that wallet, and it stuck. I can't get it out. I can't get into that. But the main thing is these guys doesn't respond. There is no way to get a hold of these people. I send email, Is it okay?
Speaker 2: So you have no idea, You have no idea why this is happening?
Speaker 1: They say, I needed okay. This is what the email said that I had to try and get. I had to identify myself by taking a picture with my driver's license in my hand, with the date of the day that I took the picture in my other hand and they wanted to see my face clearly, so that I've done that twice because I received the email twice and I thought, okay, this problem will be solved, and then nothing happens. Now this is before Christmas, It's started, and every now and then I would go to the customer complaint area, send another email and say, hey, guys, my accounts stool prosen. Then somebody else will email me back after a couple of days and tell me all right, we need details of your bank account. And I was like why, and I send it, but I blacked out everything that could be used by all the stuff that they shouldn't have. And then the latest one that I got yesterday was they want to see where my wealth is coming. I have to approve of the wealth that I'm using to buy the crypto, which I still.
Speaker 7: Can wait wait wait, wait, but hold on, hold on. What do you mean prove the wealth? It's only two grand?
Speaker 2: What do you have to prove?
Speaker 1: I know, I know they want either bank statements that for the last sixty days or they want a slip based up anything that can prove where I got the money from. How did you fund it, well, I funded it through my business that I drew money out to pay myself and then paid for that but my salary out.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it was it like an ach Was it a wire? How did you fund it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a wire. Yeah, we had to wire the money over to them.
Speaker 17: This sounds like an ID theft in progress, like a really deep sophisticated ID theft operation.
Speaker 13: I think they think he's laundering money. Gemini's legit long as he was really dealing with him.
Speaker 16: Yep.
Speaker 1: Now I haven't even started using that. I went to the Better Business Bureau, put a complaint in with them. I did everything they wanted, and then I found a page on Facebook. Came and I page and everybody is complaining like crazy. They are reacting to my to my story, and they're putting up their own stories that they have the same problem. So the customer service sucks on this company. They have no customer service. You can't there's a number that you can call, but you will never get an answer there. So there's no way to speak to a person and try to figure out what else do they need, or just get the thing unfrozen. That's as as it is.
Speaker 2: Are I just want to or why don't what have you said? Let's just what have you just said? I want my money back? Forget it?
Speaker 1: I did. My wife's said a very very well written email and she said, hey, guys, we give up. We don't want to trade any more crypto, we don't want to deal with you.
Speaker 16: Guys.
Speaker 1: Can we just have our money back? But now the problem is you have to it into your Gemini account to be able to transfer the money back to your your bank account, and there's no way. Once I put in my log in credentials, the first screen that pops up is I can see the two thousands, and then immediately it says your account has been frozen.
Speaker 13: God, there apparently is a lot of people with the same issue that I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: Really wow, I read it.
Speaker 6: Okay, and I'm okay. So what I mean is it a scam or what? Are they just stealing money?
Speaker 1: I think they just don't have the people to listen to complaints and react accordingly and fixing stuff, because according to the Internet, these guys are legit. They are the best guys. They very high on security. So yeah, and that's what I was looking for. I didn't want to a scamer so I went with the guys that was the most most legit that I could find, And how else would you be able to trade in crypto? That was my thing. I didn't know anything about it, and now I'm stuck. I've got two thousand dollars that's stuck somewhere and nobody's reacting.
Speaker 6: But but they do give you a path, even though it's it's round and about right of what you need to do. Didn't you just didn't you follow each step.
Speaker 2: They gave you?
Speaker 1: I did, I did, I did yesterday again, But every time they passed up something new, and I would think when you register, they got all my info from from that registration on the Gemini ad before I even put money in, And now they're coming back with all these little things and instead of just unfreezing my account. I don't know how the operation works. If somebody else has to do it and this guy needs to do that and the next guy needs to do that.
Speaker 6: Does sound like an elaborate scam?
Speaker 2: Mark?
Speaker 7: Do you think it's an elaborate scamm? Or is it too is it too legit to be or too big to be not? I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of people seem to use this. I don't know it's possible.
Speaker 13: Maybe it's a failing model, but I mean, everything that I see about that company, I mean they're legit. I mean, but there's a lot of complaints exactly like this. I don't understand why they don't use like id ME when you've got to like hold up your license next to you and something. In the other hand, that's kind of weird. I don't know why they don't use something like id ME.
Speaker 1: That's right, there's there's better technology and these guys should know about that. I'm pretty sure they iike guys and they high tech stuff. So it's just weird, really really weird.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what we can do though. We're not going to be able to we have no contacts there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you won't be able to get even close to anybody, to speak to anybody. It's just impossible. But I just wanted to your listeners to just make sure be careful, be careful of these guys. I'm still struggling and I'm still.
Speaker 2: For Yeah, but there's got to be away.
Speaker 6: There has got to be a way to get that money back.
Speaker 17: Hey, I got a suggestion on how to get their attention, so we'll never get through to anybody. But if you just sue them in small claims court for your two thousand bucks, you're gonna get somebody's attention right away, and they're gonna get this.
Speaker 2: Mark, can you.
Speaker 6: But if they don't Mark, don't they have to have a registered agent here to.
Speaker 13: Do that, or you'd have to find someone to sue here. I'm not sure who. I don't even know if that company is based in the US.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They are based in New York, so the office is in New York. Definitely US company, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll check the Secretary of State's office right now. Yeah, or then check.
Speaker 7: Let's check with New York because it would be worth it to sue them in New York on a zoom zoom. They're still doing zoom in New York anyway. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 7: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Let's talk to you about your problems, questions and complaints.
Speaker 16: Now, this.
Speaker 7: Issue with crypto a lot of people are having, but they're also having it with bank accounts, online bank accounts. There's been a massive I guess crackdown on fraud, they say, and they're flagging accounts where they think there might be anything amiss, making people do all kinds of things to verify their accounts.
Speaker 2: And Deputy d said you might be able to sue them.
Speaker 6: In small claims court to get their attention.
Speaker 7: See what I love about small claims is that even though it's small, they can't ignore it because it becomes a real claim. And you put two thousand in there, and that's right in within the limits of small claims court. Do they actually have a Colorado Regie agent?
Speaker 17: YEAHD Yeah, I just looked them up. So it's that typical CT Corporation Services Company or CT Corporation System and they're the registered agent in Colorado for Gemini Trust Company, and so you can serve them over there on a Rapaho Road and Centennial.
Speaker 7: So, Mark, have you ever in all of your small claims, have you ever had to serve that corporate I mean that registered agent who is a professional registrate agent?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 6: And so what do they do do They make sure they take service and get it to the right people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, generally you just drop it in their basket. I mean, it's straightforward. Oh really, they don't require personal service.
Speaker 13: There's no one there that is a personal service. They hire that company to take the service. You walk in, you drop it in a basket usually, and then sign in and out.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, okay, that's pretty cool. So they must have hundreds of companies they represent as a registered agent DEPI d How did you find that at the Secretary of State?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I looked up Gemini. Uh what is it called.
Speaker 17: It's called just Gemini Trust Company, LLC. And apparently it's owned by those weird Vinkel Voss Twins that's Suede Mark, What.
Speaker 6: Is that all about?
Speaker 2: I heard about that.
Speaker 17: What is so they went into this huge legal battle with Mark Zuckerberg a few years ago because they claim, according to that lawsuit, they actually invented Facebook, and they alleged that Zuckerberg stole.
Speaker 2: The idea and took off with it. There's a whole movie about it. Oh, you're right, you're right Mark about those twins. Though really I didn't know that's what it was about.
Speaker 17: Is that social I don't know what the movie is called, Mark, was that movie called?
Speaker 2: I don't it's years ago?
Speaker 1: A social network?
Speaker 2: Oh so so that so nothing all went to where they go to school, Harvard. They all went to the same school where it started.
Speaker 7: Man, can you imagine? Why did that take I often wonder why do some take off and others don't? For example, YouTube and Vimeo. I mean, you know, Vimeo never really went anywhere. It's pretty big, but not nowhere close to YouTube or if you look at other kinds of services, I mean there were all kinds of Uh remember what was the one vines?
Speaker 2: Well for talk?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: They were short video?
Speaker 1: Yes, just went vines?
Speaker 7: Why did that go by the wayside? And is my Space even around anymore?
Speaker 2: Does not exist anymore?
Speaker 14: I think Facebook took it over.
Speaker 6: I mean it literally went away.
Speaker 7: I wonder why things want certain things to make it and certain things don't. Now if you talk to young people, they think Facebook is antiquated and like, you know, like gone.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 2: I went to MySpace dot com and it's still around.
Speaker 6: It's Facebook.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's like a music thing now. It's nothing to do with what MySpace once was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 6: In fact, it's all music. It seems to be. There are some videos and stuff.
Speaker 7: But man, it's amazing to me how many places there are though online and competing for you know, audiences, and then you have something that just explodes like a TikTok, or you have something that it just takes off, and that goes the same with apps and with technology like Uber and Lyft.
Speaker 6: There were several ride share companies.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Another one that's really doing well is that is it Toro? The renting peer to peer car renting that's really taking off now where you can rent a car from a private owner in a city somewhere and everything is done peer to peer.
Speaker 6: It's amazing and it's cheap. Now.
Speaker 7: I did that one time. I rented a car for my daughter when hers was being repaired, and it was door to door service directly.
Speaker 6: From the owner.
Speaker 2: You pay by credit card and it's really cool. So is Leon still on? Leon? You're still there?
Speaker 16: I'm listening.
Speaker 2: Did you hear where to go to serve on the small claims Court?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Where do I go?
Speaker 1: Off? Time? I get that done?
Speaker 2: Leon?
Speaker 17: You need to go visit the Colorado Secretary of State website and click on business search and put in that company name, Gemini Capital, and you'll see a whole bunch of filings for that company. Just click on the latest one and it tells you who their current registered.
Speaker 7: Registrate agent, and you just go down to Centennial there and you serve them.
Speaker 6: And the way you do the small claim.
Speaker 17: Is he can't do it because he's a party to the lawsuits, so he's to have somebody else who's eighteen or older to go serve.
Speaker 6: Go on, go online, though, you got to go online and fill out the application for the or the summons for Small Claims Court, and then you have someone else serve it down in Centennial and again they have to do something.
Speaker 2: If you sue them.
Speaker 7: That's what I would do. I would love for you to tell us what happens when you sue them for the two grand and just say that they refuse to release your money and they have not.
Speaker 6: Helped you with crypto.
Speaker 7: I'd love to see what happens in this case, because this is a giant company three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Frank durand the Real estate Man free evaluations of your home for the asking. This is a complete analysis of the neighborhood, the comps, supply and demand, interest rates and everything affecting the sale of your home to let you know what you will sell it for, what you will net and even what you can buy. And that's a complementary service by frankdurandirealestate Man dot com threell three nine two zero sixteen twenty two