Speaker 1: Hey, I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I'm Ben, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 1: A true crime podcast.
Speaker 2: Warning, the following podcast material intend more mature audience. Listener discretion is advised. That was fucking clean?
Speaker 1: Was it clean? I felt like I actually kind of fucked up opening the drink, but it was like very like elongated, and it wasn't long danceful because I'm actually really shitty at opening these cats.
Speaker 2: And then we didn't fuck up the intro. We didn't get cheers to that. Merry Christmas, Merry motherfucking Christmas.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Marry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Because as of right now recording, we are how many days late for putting this episode out?
Speaker 1: We are? It's Friday. It was supposed to come out on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're two, three four, Yeah, three days behind unless you include today four, but then we're probably putting out well, we'll be putting it out roughly for I think three four days by the time we get it up uploaded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hey, we're getting it out there.
Speaker 2: We're knowing it. We are. But we've had you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh my gosh. I actually feel like I've never been this exhausted, right because it's just one thing after the other, one thing after the other.
Speaker 2: Well, we've had probably close to a week of just absolute ridiculous chaos. Chaos is even like, it doesn't even describe it. Yeah. So we live in a tiny home. Clearly, if you don't know that, you know it now now you know. And then we have been dealing with frozen pipes because we live in the north and our older of the tiny home did what.
Speaker 1: Didn't listen to our recommendations.
Speaker 2: There we go and put the pipes in a place where they would all freeze.
Speaker 1: They would freeze one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So we had to get plumbers in here, thankfully under warranty, and run new pipes, new water.
Speaker 1: Supply all through the house.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, that was like like the night before Christmas, all through the house. Sorry, not a great stirring, not even a mouse, not even.
Speaker 1: A ripley or a mouse except for our new water pipes.
Speaker 2: But literally all through the house, new hot water tank because it's broken and frozen. It's we've had plumbers in a tiny home working with toolkits, tools everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh I should have taken a shot of what it looked like in here some days. Oh yeah, it was like you'd walk in and it was just like.
Speaker 2: What And then on top of that, we're like, what minus twenty three right now degree celsia, which you.
Speaker 1: Were like, isn't actually that cold? But that's fucking cold. I'm sorry. I don't care who we are.
Speaker 2: That's our average winter.
Speaker 1: No it isn't. I don't think we get that hold that often in winter. Oh we do, well, not for this is prolonged though, I feel like it's extended because this weekend it's oposed see like minus thirty minus thirty five. Even, well, that's fucking cold.
Speaker 2: That's getting colder. We got We've had cold.
Speaker 1: I was just getting a little bit cold.
Speaker 2: Last year we were into the minus forties. If you include windshill, we were down like minus fifty three. But anyways, that's besides the point. What I was trying to say is we are in cold temperatures like minus twenty three degrees right now Celsius, and we don't even have hot water because we're wearing on our new hot water tank.
Speaker 1: Yay. And it's Christmas, which we like, drastical behind. I love Christmas, and I was Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve, which.
Speaker 2: Is usually done like at least by like what end of October.
Speaker 1: I know, I usually like to try to be done by December, so that just like shows how fucking behind we are, usually like.
Speaker 2: At least close to being done by the end of October.
Speaker 1: Are No, No, I'm pretty sure by the end of November. Okay, Okay, now you're making me look too good.
Speaker 2: There, Okay, I'm a little ahead of it. Sorry, yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 1: It's been so anyway. But I do have to say, we do have to say that we were late, and we put out something on Instagram, we put on something on Patreon, and literally, like everyone has just been so kind it kind of blew me away. Actually, not that I expected people not to be, but I we just put so much pressure on ourselves to be blessed.
Speaker 2: Something to sneeze ripley sneezing away.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was like, did my mouth just make that noise? I was so.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I don't know, Oh she's.
Speaker 1: Going hog, So I just didn't. I don't. We put a lot of pressure on ourselves and then it kind of felt like we were failing. But then everyone was so kind and it was really nice.
Speaker 2: So thank you every one of those kind words like it. It meant a lot.
Speaker 1: It really did. Actually, it put a little bit pressure off us.
Speaker 2: It did because we we do put a lot of pressure on our own shoulders for the show. We really won't want to keep consistency. That's really important for us to make sure that we we stay on that schedule. And we actually delivered to all of you. So after I think it was like after fifty five or fifty six episodes, we were finally laid on one and you guys were just so kind on the fact that we were actually laid on it, and it it really meant a lot.
Speaker 1: It was awesome.
Speaker 2: Cheers, cheers to everyone out there who is listening right now and who's listened to us and supported us, and it is so kind and Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas. I don't know if he heard or cheers what we cheersed? Oh, I got to take a drink now, don't I.
Speaker 2: Yep. I feel like in that moment, my heart just grew three sizes.
Speaker 1: Look at this, Chris, the magic of Christmas. It's just happened.
Speaker 2: Either that or I might have a heart attack, because that just sounds like heart failure waiting to happen.
Speaker 1: What the shit we just went through well that.
Speaker 2: Too, but I just meant a heart growing three. So that doesn't sound healthy. No. What also doesn't sound healthy is going around on Christmas morning massacring people's. That's pretty fucked up if you ask me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not really really hig i'd want.
Speaker 2: To spend my Christmas morning, Yeah, not so much. I would really hope no one spends a Christmas morn. But our last episode was like that, and today's episode is also like that.
Speaker 1: You found another one?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't find one. It was recommended to us over on Instagram by Jessica Bird. What's up, Jessica, Thank you for recommendation. I've never heard of this one before. It's called the Grapevine Massacre. It goes by a few different names. It's usually revolving around like grapevine shooting, grapevine massacre, or something like that.
Speaker 1: Grape vine are great grape So like, oh, so does that involve wine?
Speaker 2: It does not. It's in a place.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, sorry, you know what's on my mind?
Speaker 2: Eh, yep, the booze. It is the Christmas holidays. We are pie stress levels.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, but I'm drinking Mike's hard and white claimb double fisting actually double fisting.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh yeah, single fisting because I got to present today.
Speaker 1: Let's get into this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the grape Vine massacre, this is, like I said, another Christmas massacre. And this is the story of a man named Aziz yasden Panna who was a fifty six year old man living in Kohleyville, Texas.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Texas.
Speaker 2: Yes, Now, Azis was born in Iran. And we deal with a lot of Iranian origin names here, so I'm sorry if I butcher them. I'm going to do my best. He was born in Iran, and he would come over to the United States. He was described by his neighbors, by his neighbor, sorry Terry Baum, as just a really nice guy. And whenever this is a quote, by the way, whenever I saw him with his kids, he was all about his kids. He was the perfect neighbor. Oh so sounds like a great guy. Now, on the surface, it was all around a great guy. Okay, on the surface, he cared for his kids, even volunteer at a local high school. He's a stand up citizen. But again, on the surf.
Speaker 1: And when something's perfect, it's fishy, isn't it right.
Speaker 2: We've dealt with a lot of cases so far in individuals who were stand up citizens in the public eye, but they do a lot of dark shit behind the doors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they come across so good and then boom than not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we all know not to judge a book by its cover by now. Now, Azis may not have been or may have been the perfect neighbor and all about his kids, but like many of us, he struggled with hardships behind those closed doors. Aziz and his wife, for example, struggled with financial troubles. Okay, not anything like super dark like He's not like on a murderous rampage yet foreshadowing, but he definitely did deal with hardships. Okay. For example, a bank had foreclosed on their Upskills suburban home in Cole Eavil, Texas. And Aziz his friends also said that his business as a realtor wasn't doing so well more so, in fact, he was really struggling.
Speaker 1: He was a realtor.
Speaker 2: He was a realtor.
Speaker 1: We have to hustle in your realtion, you do. That's a hard job.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've seen so many realators that are like working twenty four to seven round.
Speaker 1: Well, like to be good that you almost have to, which is like.
Speaker 2: Sad, it's scary honestly too for like your.
Speaker 1: Work life work life balance. Yeah, work life balance feel like a work personal thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like very skewed one way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So so basically basically at this point, though he was though he technically had a business as a realator, he was essentially unemployed.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh and as he's refused to get another job, and it might have been because of his pride, who knows why, but he was like, no, I'm a realtor, I'm a businessman, and that's that he's not going to go flip burgers, he's not going to sweep a floor. He's not going to do what he has to do. And I mean I understand that pride factor, but when it comes to like having a family, having to support you know, those that are in your life personally, you gotta do what you gotta do. Yeah, I got a book.
Speaker 1: He had a dream, right and it's not working.
Speaker 2: It's pretty was yeah, but that it kind of went on for.
Speaker 1: Too long, oh definitely, okay.
Speaker 2: It may also be important to note that the Federal Court's records show that disease. Was placed on a three year probation in nineteen ninety six after pleading guilty to one count of subscribing to false income tax returns. He was fined one thousand dollars and required to pay thirty thousand dollars in restitution fees, which seems absolutely insane to me. I'm not too sure how they got to that that some wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, waited just like shit on shit right, Oh my god, you're like, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Got to do my taxes. I'm gonna owe like five hundred.
Speaker 1: Bucks, and I don't have five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: So try and cheat the system. Oh shit, you try to cheat us out of five hundred Now you owe us thirty grand? What excuse me?
Speaker 1: Oh no, that just honestly, like doesn't even surprise me though.
Speaker 2: Don't take my math there.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I know you're just being side. But oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so why to kick way to kick someone when they're down exactly now. He also refused to let his wife work, even though she was a licensed cosmetologist. He was supposed to be the bread winner. Again, I think it's more pride thing.
Speaker 1: She could have been making some money.
Speaker 2: She could have been and I know like cosmetologists can definitely make some good dough if they're in there, like the right field, doing really good and stuff. So absolutely, yeah. I think it's just like, you know, he's the head of the household, he's the man, he's a businessman. That type of perspective, I think is what he's playing with there.
Speaker 1: So if I was the breadwinner, you would be like, fucking let's do it. You're like, let's do it. Be my sugar mama.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, can you be my sugar mama? Please?
Speaker 1: Sure, yes, I'm working on it.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, I'm done the podcast. It's all Nicole now you heard it. She's doing it.
Speaker 1: You're Audia, if only, if only? No, you love the ship?
Speaker 2: I do. I fucking love this film. Okay, So moving on here. Okay, So the family was getting to the point where they couldn't pay their bills, and living without water and electricity, for example, became a normal routine for the household.
Speaker 1: I know how that feels with the frozen Sorry, sorry, I'll shut up.
Speaker 2: I think they might have had a little work.
Speaker 1: They had it worse, I know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Eventually, his wife, Fatima Ramati, I believe how you say her last name Fatimah Ramadi, who was fifty five years old and also born in Iran, became the breadwinner for the family while as these continued to be unemployed. Eventually it got to the point where yes, she was doing some work to bring in some income. And this was after the course of I couldn't find a concrete number on how that time period played, but I think it was about four or five years or so.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. So they struggled for quite a while.
Speaker 2: They struggled for a very long time. But the income she wasn't or she was making wasn't quite enough. Though. She ended up actually turning to her brother for assistance, her brother, doctor Ali Ramadi. So yeah, turning to the family for help, and he's helping supplement that income.
Speaker 1: Which isn't easy to do.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. But I mean, her brother's got her back, which is good. Their financial problems hit a new low in twenty twelve when a bank foreclosed on the family's home in Coleyville and Aias and his wife separated in March of Oh sorry, how that date wrong. Sorry foreclosed on the home in twenty ten, twenty ten, My apologies, and Asias and his wife separated in March of twenty eleven. Fatimah then moved into a nearby community of Grapevine. There we go and got herself an apartment, and she also found a job working at a nearby salon. So she put her cost mythology license to use. She moved out. She's got her apartment going now. Fatimah also brought their two children with her. Like I said, you know, family sort of thing. You got to buck up and take care of your family.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, at least.
Speaker 2: That's my perspective. I'm sure there's well, there's acceptance to every rule. But so where I lost my spot? Shoot, Ripley, you distract.
Speaker 1: Ripley distracted you with her cuteness.
Speaker 2: She came over and one of pets so cute. Okay, Ripley go lay down, Okay. So yeah, she moved out and she took the two children with her, children that both couple loved and cared for very much. Now. Nona Yaspanana was nineteen and she was a student at a Tarrett County Community college who dreamed of becoming a lawyer. And that was their daughter and her brother, Ali, who was fifteen, was a student at Cooleyville Heritage high school. Now, despite the separation, the couple appeared to be on relatively good terms. Aziz even had Fadoma's new apartment key and sometimes drop in to visit the children. Oh wow, yeah, So I mean, good on them for keeping that.
Speaker 1: That's like super good terms. Huh. Right.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people like in that sort of situation with separation it becomes really tense. So props to them for keeping them up in this way really and for the kids.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, so totally. Oh my gosh, rip, do you want to like disturb the podcast anymore?
Speaker 2: This is the Ripley Show today.
Speaker 1: What does she been choking on.
Speaker 2: I don't know, choking on us not paying attention to her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wants her new Christmas stuffy definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Ripley aside, despite their separations, uh, they had very good terms. But all of this, One of Nona's friends, Alison Baum, who graduated Colleyville Heritage High School with her, would later report that some of her insights with the family dynamics that she witnessed were not quite so positive.
Speaker 1: Okay, do tell there there.
Speaker 2: Is actually have quotes directly from her. Okay, so she said, quote the mom and dad didn't get along. The dad was never violent, never did anything to hurt them. He loved his kids and he was a good dad. There's more, don't worry. That's a positive one for him.
Speaker 1: Positive there yet.
Speaker 2: Now, family friends of Aziz and Fadoma never saw any sign of him being violent. There are reports and statements from some that said they sense some things through the years, but nothing dramatic or extreme. Now, however, these aren't the only statements brought forward, Like some of the moreous port onomous ones portray azis, you know, a little more darker or maybe strict, as you would say. Now. One of the classmates, Lacey Reid, who was eighteen and attended the high school with no one, has said she would come home from school crying and tell us her dad was sorry. She would come to school crying sorry and tell us her dad was crazy. He wouldn't let her wear certain things. He was always taking her phone away, checking her call history and checking her text messages. Now, apparently there's more extreme than just being a strict father. Like Aziz had installed cameras around the home so you could watch families coming and going. He wanted to keep tabs on them and who they were with, and whatever their reports of friends saying that he nailed their bedroom windows shut so that she couldn't sneak out of the night and see her boyfriend. Now, this one isn't confirmed, and I personally don't see it. I don't see it as terrible because I'll tell you why. I don't see it terrible for nailing someone's window closed.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have some opinions here too.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, let me get through this. Okay. And I know people are probably like, excuse me, you don't think that's bad, Just just let me explain. It is extreme. Yes, it is wrong. Yes, but sneaking out is also wrong. Going behind your parents' back is also wrong. To me, it seems like butting heads. Both of them are wrong. And if you aren't running away in the middle of the night, is it an issue that you can't crawl out of your window?
Speaker 1: Touche?
Speaker 2: So, yes, he's doing wrong, but also she's doing wrong if if in fact he did nail the window shut.
Speaker 1: Well, and maybe he's just terrified at the bedroom strangler, I would nail I would nail my kids fucking windows shut if I knew about that dude.
Speaker 2: And I also do just want to point out, yes, I'm aware of fire escape issues nailing with that's true. Yes, yeah, I'm aware of that. That's that's a whole other topic.
Speaker 1: But then in some some of the things on that list aren't that bad, like okay, what did she want to be wearing? Like a teeny tiny mini skirt right school? Like of course he's going to say something right.
Speaker 2: Right, He's just a strict dad. There are reports of a strict father figure or a strict parent, maybe even a little bit too strict in some opinions, but he clearly loves his kids, he clearly cares for his kids. He's just a strict individual.
Speaker 1: And there could be many reasons for that. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think there's there's no problem. For example, of the window. There's there's no problem with something like that if you're not yeating yourself with out of the window at three am. Yeah, but your parents, parents will respect you. It goes two ways.
Speaker 1: The fire thing is a little bit sketch, But then I mean, if there was a fire or some sorts, you could just break the window, right.
Speaker 2: Probably not always, not always, not always, So you don't want to rely on that. No, No, anyways, Anyways, another quote I have from a friend Lacey is she couldn't date at all until she was a certain age, but when he was going to let her date, she couldn't date anyone outside their race or religion. Oh okay, yes, this is wrong and I don't agree with it, But just playing devil's advocate here, it's not abnormal for conservative parents who grew up in like certain cultures or religion. You know, it's just kind of they grew up that's the way of life, and as a family being Muslim, like. I'm not sure how strict they are, mind you, but it very well could play a part of their culture.
Speaker 1: Oh totally. I've definitely heard of that. Yeah, so definitely heard of that.
Speaker 2: So is it right? No, but is it ingrained in maybe their culture? Definitely a possibility. We don't. We don't understand everybody.
Speaker 1: And some cultures have way different rules too when they're raising their children and how strict they're supposed to be in all this stuff too.
Speaker 2: Right, it's definitely easier to be an onlooker, like an outside perspective, a third party looking in and not understanding those dynamics.
Speaker 1: Yep. Absolutely, Now, whether.
Speaker 2: It was boy trouble or otherwise known as mother and brother seemed to actually come to her aid when the father punished her. If her phone was taken away, her mom would actually sometimes find a way to sneak it back to her, and her brother would lend her his phone as well.
Speaker 1: WHOA, Yeah, they're all against it, the dad, they were seemed.
Speaker 2: No, there's two sides to that coin. Either A, the dad was that bad and they have every right to do that, or B you have a mother and a father disagreeing and a mother just going behind their father's back and like really fucking up the relationship between the kids and the dad. There's two sides there, Yeah, which one it is? It's hard to say.
Speaker 1: That's so just when the kid goes to one parent and asked or something, it doesn't get the answer they want. They go to the other parent and they do get the answer they want.
Speaker 2: You're playing the parents against each other, Yeah, which is not healthy.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: All the while, no One was just trying to look forward to her future though going to college becoming a lawyer. She was mostly just excited for her life that was just really getting started. She was going to have control of it without an overbearing parent, you know, trying to play puppet master. Fatoma was clearly very close with the family. It's been something I've mentioned like a few times already with the children, her brother, you know, paying the helping supplement, the family's income, her sister who she was also especially close with. Now this leads to everyone wanting to spend Christmas together as a family, of course, as we all do around the holidays. Now, though they were an Iranian descent family, Christmas lights and decorations could always be found throughout the family home each year. Who's a tradition. They adopted into their family very well and there lives. So this year wasn't going to be any different. Now there are reports of, you know, when they did have the financial trouble, lights not actually being found in the home for obvious reasons, right, but they wanted to make the best of it. They want to get a family gathering together. Fatimah was out in her own now, she had a job, she had some income. Wanted to celebrate, right, So it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: Right, It's the time to get together.
Speaker 2: 'tis the season?
Speaker 1: It absolutely is.
Speaker 2: So Christmas morning some of them got together to celebrate. There was Aziz Fatima the two team children, Fatima's sister his I totally messed that wording up on this set, and I'm so sorry. Fatima's sister's husband, There we Go, which would be Azaz's brother in law and their twenty two year old niece, Sarah Fatimah Zuri, which is her sister and brother in law's ki. Yes, yes, okay, So the brother who was at She's supplementing the income, Ali was abroad and he wasn't actually able to make Christmas, but he did do his like phone call rounds on Christmas morning, wishing everyone had merry Christmas, that sort of thing, which is awesome, you know, even though you're away, making sure you're in touch for Christmas. Love it.
Speaker 1: Well, geez, we've really gotten used to that in the last little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with covid.
Speaker 1: Zoom and stuff. Haven't you seen I think it's been in commercials and stuff where there's like a nice dinner table or something and like tablets they're showing people's faces or something.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I've seen that.
Speaker 1: I've seen that somewhere and I'm just like, wow, look at what we've come.
Speaker 2: The times were in hey, yeah, now it was Faudama's apartment that they actually celebrated at. Their niece had arrived at the apartment by eleven o'clock. Their niece Sarah, and she had sent to a friend shortly after arriving, saying, so we're here. We just got here and my uncle is here too, dressed as Santa Awesome complete sarcasm.
Speaker 1: If you can't catch that, Oh okay, I didn't actually catch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, the nieces I think she's like somewhere around nineteen or something like that.
Speaker 1: They didn't want him there, No, didn't.
Speaker 2: Want him there. She sent another text shortly after at eleven fifteen am. By the way, sorry, that said now he wants to be all fatherly and win father of the Year. He was part of the family, He loved his kids, but it sounds like he was clearly the odd man out, Like if that's not obvious by that, it should be because he wants to be all fatherly, he win futherly of the year their father of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some relationships were definitely harmed in the process, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Now, there are speculations of there being some slight confrontations about disease's presence, but There is no proof of this at all. Whether there are confrontations or not, we just don't know. So I didn't want to report on any of it, and even some of the ones I did find, there was nothing backing that information up in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: So so it's potential, but it's.
Speaker 2: Potential but definitely not confirmed now as far as we can tell. It was just a bit awkward, weird, but they made the best of it sort of thing, you know, disease and potoma. They're they're going through a rough breakup. They're sticking it together for the kids as best they can, but they're clearly not really getting along. It's basically what it's starting to boil down to.
Speaker 1: And really, at this point, like the kids are older, they are they almost I don't know if that if that's an unpopular opinion, but maybe just be doing their own things instead of forcing this awkwardness. That's true, right, Like I just feel like maybe it's too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you also got to think, Okay, the mom wants to spend Christmas with their kids, the dad wants to spend Christmas with their kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they probably would have chose the mom, right, So maybe this is, yeah, so for the best. I don't know, because I don't know what the fuck's coming, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Now. After that, they began their Christmas festivities. They made the best of everything, even if it was awkward, weird, whatever. They all sat around the christ mystery, taking in the magic of the holidays, passed out presence wrapping paper was being peeled away from lovingly wrapped gifts as they smiled and thanked one another. When suddenly Aziz pulled out a gun and one by one he began shooting everyone in the room.
Speaker 1: What yep, okay? I was like, okay, here's a gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, and then you pulled out a handgun and started executing everybody in the room.
Speaker 1: Well this went in real self, right.
Speaker 2: So you have a man, your father, your brother in law, your uncle, your ex husband sitting next to you on Christmas morning, shooting everyone at least during, potentially even after opening gifts and then just pulls out a gun and starts killing everybody. What theta Claus dressed as fucking Santa Claus?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 2: What the actual fuck?
Speaker 1: For a brief moment while you went to that life Pretty awful shit, that's happening here. The Christmas tree lights went out and then just a second as kind of uplifted, they came back on. Really, so it's like this Christmas tree is sensing the page. Shit, it's actually creepy as.
Speaker 2: Fuck, fucking wickan Christmas tree.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. I don't like it at all.
Speaker 2: Now, as he's shot his daughter home, his sister in law multiple times in the head. Wow, his wife Fatima was shot once in the head, and his brother in law was shot multiple times in the head, chest and stomach.
Speaker 1: So he really didn't like him.
Speaker 2: For whatever reason, he was shot a lot more.
Speaker 1: Yes, then he might have been trying to help. Maybe that's why. Maybe right, potentially there.
Speaker 2: Is potential on that that's actually true. Yeah. But then at eleven thirty four am. Now, remember the last text that was sent by the niece was a leven fifteen. Now he's trying to be all fatherly of the year.
Speaker 1: This shit's going real fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So at eleven thirty four am, as he's picked up the phone after killing everyone in the home.
Speaker 1: Did kill everyone.
Speaker 2: And dialed nine one one.
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 2: Once the operator answered, he said, and I quote, I am shooting people help help, and then the phone disconnected.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get well, what the frig like? That doesn't make any sense? Like he just like something happened right just to It's like a switch went off in him. Yeah, or was he I guess if he brought the gun, he was planning the shit all along.
Speaker 2: He brought the gun, he was clearly planning something. Whether he acted in the moment and decided that, you know what, all these people are going to go, or who knows what it's like. I don't know he had a gun.
Speaker 1: These are his children, So I don't want stands.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what to tell you. Okay, there is no way I can understand the psychology of this. But the crazy thing is, I mean, we just did a case almost parallel with this, Like it follows damn near the exact same storyline. Yeah, Christmas, the Santa suit, the divorce.
Speaker 1: Except this guy was invited and he was well well welcomed in quotation marks there.
Speaker 2: He technically, as far as we can tell, wasn't invited, but they accepted him showing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, but it just almost seems like, I mean, I'm sure anymore to say, but almost like a, I don't know a religious thing potentially, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, as far as we can there's no religion connection as far as we can tell no.
Speaker 1: Okay, So okay, So what the frig happens after this phone call?
Speaker 2: Well, police quickly responded to the scene and they arrived only about three minutes after the call. Everyone was found in the home dead.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 2: Everyone was found dead, including Aziz, who had been shot in the head, and forensics have shown that Aziz did in fact kill himself and did still have the gun in his hand when he was discovered. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, yes, which basically means like, there's not a lot of answers. Yeah, potentially, right.
Speaker 2: Forensics can can tell a little bit, but they're other than that, Like, yeah, so they can tell Aziz did it. That's about it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Before Aziz did turn the gun towards himself, police believed that he actually did try to stage the scene by placing a second gun in the hands of his deceased brother in law, Mohammed Zari. Wow, now here's the kicker, though possibly using the motive that Mohammed and himself had been found to go on quote unquote business trips together when in actuality, they were picking up sex workers, so potentially painting the picture that Mohammed did this in a form of rage or revenge in being discovered in this potentially Okay, but were.
Speaker 1: They actually doing that or is that just a lie?
Speaker 2: They were actually doing that? They it was actually discovered that they were going on quote unquote business trips.
Speaker 1: Okay, for some reason, that rings a bell to me. But I haven't heard of this story. So interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it seems like there's a lot of people going on business trips.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you ever tell me your own business trip, man.
Speaker 2: Well, I better cancel my business trip next month.
Speaker 1: Brutal, Right, brutal.
Speaker 2: It's it's yeah, it's it's something. Let's put it that way. Now. Those lives h who he took were his wife of twenty four years, fifty five year old Fatimah Ramadi, their nineteen year old daughter Nonah, and their fourteen year old son Ali, his wife's sister, fifty eight year old Zarei Ramadi, their husband fifty nine year old Mohammed Hossain Zari, and their daughter Sarah. Neighbors and family members gathered for a candlelight vigil and laid flowers after the Christmas Day for those affected by the shooting. Detectives believe the marital and financial trouble that led all up to all this are responsible for what as are responsible for causing disease to kill himself and his family members. Like just the stress of it all, just the stress, losing everything, the pride and maybe not being able to.
Speaker 1: Get where he wanted to get succeed.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll touch on that here in a second, but I do have another quote here. It goes like this. I think he was probably overwhelmed when it was all said and done and decided to take his life instead, said police Sergeant Robert Irbling. We really don't have clear idea is why he did this. Sometimes there's not really a good explanation for irrational behavior. I mean, he's right. Sometimes we don't know. Sometimes we can't understand the stress and the pressures, especially this time of year. It's a crazy time of year. There's family stress, work stress, financial stress. The prospect of keeping up with the Joneses is a very high thing this time of year. Imagine you know, the neighbor kid getting more from Santa than your kid. For example. The temperatures are colder outside. You know, things are expensive, less daylight, less daylight, your heat bill goes up. Yeah, things like that. Things are more expensive, forcing longer working hours. It's demanding and it takes a physical and mental toll. It's a very real thing. Mental health is huge now. I think Disease wanted to be the best for his family. I think he loved his wife, his kids, and those around him. He just didn't know how to show it in a nurturing way, which is why we had this strict parenting thing right right, So when he was losing them and he couldn't fix it, Just like with his career, if he couldn't be a realtor, he wouldn't be anything else. So if he couldn't have his family, then he couldn't accept anything else.
Speaker 1: Key, but it can I just ask that question here. Sorry, When you said the investigators, what did you say? Did they believe that he didn't actually mean to shoot himself or he wasn't planning to necessarily shoot himself as well? Is that what that meant?
Speaker 2: That's what the one investigator believes. I'll go with that quote again. I think he was probably overwhelmed when it was all said and done, and decided to take his life instead. So what he's saying is he believed that he was trying to set it up as maybe the brother in law was the one who did all this, okay, or maybe he just did all the shootings or something, and afterwards, after he killed everybody, he couldn't handle the idea of what he did.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I think it would have been very obvious who the fuck did it?
Speaker 2: It would have been.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, But I guess I just don't quite comprehend why he needed to have done this to the whole family. Not that I agree that he should have just done this to him, to it to himself or anyone, but it's like, why didn't he just do this to himself? I don't know, Like to take everyone, Yeah, is definitely a bit much.
Speaker 2: Maybe if he couldn't have his family, he didn't want anyone else to I don't know, and that maybe the sister in law, his sister in law and brother in law were maybe just collateral damage. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just the wrong time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just theorizing. I have no clue. Wow, that is the story of the grape By massacre. There's actually not a lot of information on this one. It was really hard digging for information. Any article I could find were like single paragraph and all the same information, so it was tough. Any good information I could find was from some other smaller podcasts, and it was hard to find their sources and right really actually solidify if it was truth or fiction.
Speaker 1: So well, fuck because my brain's going here and I want us I want to know more.
Speaker 2: Well, you can try to if you want.
Speaker 1: No, well, I don't like because everybody died, including like the main dude. It's like, what kind of information are you probably gonna even find?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you can't. All you have is that he committed this horrendous attroust horrific And then what led up to it, Well, it was the divorce, it was the financial struggle, it was a loss of career. So it was all these stresses that led him to do this. Why or how we don't know, but that's the path he was on. So I do want to end this. I mean, we can still talk a little bit here, but I just do want to throw this out here while I still have the moment. I want to throw out the National Suicide Prevention Hotline for you. So it's one eight hundred two seven three eight two five five. That's again. The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is one eight hundred two seven three eight two five five. This time of year could be really stressful. If you are feeling pressure this time of year, around Christmas, any time of the year and you're having some dark thoughts, please call this line. Don't hurt yourself or anyone around you.
Speaker 1: So well, Yeah, being an adult's hard, Like, it's just hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and living is not to have.
Speaker 1: The pressure of this of Christmas, like, because I think Christmas has almost gone to a point where it's just makes life harder. It's not even freaking enjoyable half the time.
Speaker 2: It's all about consumerism nowadays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just it's not easy, especially like if you didn't have money and stuff to be buying presents and or making these like meals and stuff, that would be really hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be so so Yeah, And anyone who is struggling with anything, even if you're not going to call this hotline, if you're not that far, If you are that far, I just want to remind you, like every battle you face so far, you've won because you're still standing here.
Speaker 1: So keep fighting and honestly too. You may think that you're alone, but like you're not. There is literally someone and more people than you would ever know in your corner that you just don't realize.
Speaker 2: Which I mean, honestly, we found that out just by a simple sorry we haven't posted a podcast, oh yeah, and the response we have people just reaching out and just being so kind to us.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I do think like people when they're in that dark, they despire and they're like no one would even care, Like no one cares, but like people do, there's someone one hundred percent that's still in your corner.
Speaker 2: So just keep fighting. And I mean, this is a really dark ending to the podcast, not that the podcast wasn't dark, but I do just want to say, Merry Christmas everyone. It's it's a tough time of year, but it's also a happy time of year, so just keep trucking, keep kicking. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Holidays. Yes for those who aren't celebrating Christmas exactly. Sorry, We're in a hick town where it's like everybody's Christmas, so I forget that sometimes and not everyone is celebrating.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, you know, all that jazz.
Speaker 2: Everything, whatever you're celebrating. If you're not celebrating everything, happy Saturday, because it's going to be Saturday and Christmas. So I just kick back and enjoy your weekend and I don't know, maybe listen to a true crime podcast instead of Christmas music on the radio.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Merry Christmas, and of course stay wicked.