Speaker 1: Went back Baby season three and I said it would have last.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm George Athas.
Speaker 3: And I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 4: It's the Quick Hans Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I Joge wished off the Petes season now cast and Country first years the corner with don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty tens a clinch only.
Speaker 1: Team that's see success.
Speaker 3: This path is getting rich.
Speaker 4: The Bronkers keep on taking lots of tin. His head and this I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. They said that has to sit there for Water's defeat Friday night food.
Speaker 5: He needs to.
Speaker 4: It's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see Walls you running for the team. I ain't playing that NFL. We only met with the league getting tries every day time.
Speaker 3: We're killing every team.
Speaker 4: I'm super clocking with all these hands. I cast him on to day, George Nick after to the stage.
Speaker 3: Please spang Quick Hands Regular Podcast, Season three, Episode sixteen, that's one zero seven, Tenure George, welcome back to the party. They go, We're back. Apologies to everyone for the two week hiatus, but we got we got wiped out by COVID after overseas, and everyone else was crucially apologized for my last week. I listen, I listen to it back. I'm so sorry, George tried to hold the force. I'm so sorry. Sorry. Just I'm a co host, I'm a sor, I'm a side line. So we're we're picking up tonight tonight after Origin three, and there's no video tonight, but ten is proudly wearing her Queensland jumper there, and I just want to open up by saying, before we get started, I lost the bet. I lost the bet. So unless you can find the jersey that fits me, I'll have to wear a queens and beanie on the next part that we that we record via video. Just just just send me whatever you got and and I'm sure that is going to plaster over every social And now I put my hand up. Hey, I'm a I'm a I'm a man of honor. I would have done. I would have done if I see Lorrie Daily in the street or hit buddy and making his nose look even worse than it is. But I'm a man of my words, so yes, I'm looking forward to you taking a piece out of me. Ten.
Speaker 2: I think Marine was just lovely on you.
Speaker 3: We're about to find out. We're about to find out he always looks good. How are you doing, Georgie. We're proudly wearing I'm.
Speaker 1: Wearing the blue one and the and the reason, the reason being is this in respect of my wife. I told her a few weeks ago that I wanted this hoodie because I saw her on television. Then she's gone high and low and this woman, she's a godsend. She she's she's scarred, scale scaled the whole earth, the founder, and she got it for the plot this week. And I wasn't worrying it. As she saw I wasn't gonna wear it, and she she she hit me up. She goes, well, I've done everything you had to find it. You might as well wear it. I'll go, yeah, bugger herself.
Speaker 3: That's putting it nicely. Yeah, yeah, well your lunk's better. But she said, I spent two days trying to find a damn thing. You're not even wearing it. That's exactly what she said to you. Exactly what she said. So that's what I'm worried. But you know what, it's a nice hoody youlog the blue. Where's Origin twenty five? Than christ in the candy got the can in the cannony, pack it away. Let's pack that thing away. You know what, we can't pack it away. It was going to unpack it. It's unpacked. We going to unpack it. But before we do, what's the good thing of the week. That's a very very good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm going to I'm going to say last week's good thing of the week what I said on the last week's pod and Teasy. That's why at the end of I think Origin two tea, I noticed Spencer went up to Israel Isra and they exchanged some words and look, it wasn't a hug, but it was definitely a handshake. And I'm happy that the boys are buried the hatchet because, like I said on last week's or my solo effort, we know that Israel is a little bit of an emotional human being and happily it's been buried put away in the can, as you say, Nicotta, and both of them move on, so because it's been affecting both for a few years now, so let's let's let's hope it's like the can gone and we're over it.
Speaker 2: I think, I think, and obviously we're going to get fully into it. But I think even just how everyone supported Monster from both sides.
Speaker 3: Standing yea, how can you're not outstanding?
Speaker 2: That is just you're not wonderful, you know, like it's it's and like I was saying to the guys, I was like, it'll be, which I did see a few comments which was just gross. But if people, you know, kind of said, like Queensland one because of months his father passing or whatever it was, and that is not an excuse, right, Like Queensland are quite good historically with their backs against the wall. But I think just the thought of you know, going through that and then playing and everything else, it was really.
Speaker 3: I didn't do my homework, but I know that over the years there's been two or three that I can remember, and I can't pick who it is now, like in Grand Final week where something similar has happened and if they've gone and played yeah, or mother or father, you know, grandparents.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I think that was that was definitely and look, I would have been really surprised if they hadn't backed him. But and the other good thing of the week, because it was someone's.
Speaker 1: Birthday, that's the good that it would have been my good thing of the weekend. And I think Tea's are alluding to our big host Nichola's birthday. I think during the weeks, the first person to wish me happy birthday was yeah, of course at midnight, midnight, were you at that late?
Speaker 2: Do it with all my mates? I was like twelve o three?
Speaker 3: Good stuff? Good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's that's probably my my sub good thing of the week Nicholas Nicholas birthday, and yeah, off.
Speaker 2: We I think I think probably even the Ezra thing right, like Andel's been rife with just horrible scandalous stories. I think it's just nice.
Speaker 3: It was good, was nice or something nice?
Speaker 2: Story is happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say, hud. They didn't hug, but they definitely shook hands, and they definitely looked relieved all this thing. What happened, whatever happened, Yeah, they look relieved. Like I looked at their faces and they both look relieved. And the first thing I thought that, you know what it's good because he is an emotional human being, but the sounds of it, I don't know. I don't know him, but so good good he can sort.
Speaker 3: Of does Spencer next year up to Jonathan Thursday. I hope it's over, and that's not trying to get to you.
Speaker 1: I hope that part of whatever it's been the last three years it's going finish and.
Speaker 3: Use the words rife, scandalous. But let's get into the Origin showing where we start.
Speaker 1: We're going to start with, Look, you know what, the winners win, the winners can feast. So what do you go for me to talk to me about the game. The tactics, talk to me, talk to me about everything, because.
Speaker 2: Like I think even because I wasn't really concerned, like I always get that, I think it was like six forty seven, I got this spike of adrenaline that I always do before I decided, and I was like, oh my god, I'm really nervous. And everyone's like what and I'm like because it's Origin, and they're like you're crazy, and I'm like no, like every time, right, And I wasn't concerned that we wouldn't win. I just didn't even really think about it. But the minute that I saw Monster in the sheds before the game and his eyes were just wide and dialed in. I saw Kate well and he's just a beast of a human anyway, but you just literally I was like, he looks like he's going to rip some heads off. It was just it was beautiful. It was just so Enick would have seen it today too. But I put up a post on LinkedIn and I was like, I liked it.
Speaker 3: I liked it. Yeah, I didn't love it.
Speaker 2: I liked it, but I was like, this is why I love footy, right when you have it leader that leads from the front, doesn't take the credit. You know, they have one goal, you know, and they're just working towards that one goal. And look, Queenslanders have always had that and I was I was saying this to Corey this morning because we kind of came in late to the competition. You know, we've had less teams in Queensland as well. We're very much we're aware that we're kind of like the poor brother of NRL like that. You guys might not think that, but we kind of came in second. So we've always kind of had that mentality. I think so that's why it's like that, you know, battling Queenslander mentality and floods and fires and everything else, and it was. It was probably one of the best games like I've seen. There were so many highlights. The funniest one was when La Trail got kicked in the nuts.
Speaker 3: I was but.
Speaker 2: Just like Coats's first try did and because with it did and one I actually thought Hammer was wished out. I didn't even see the ball flick back, like yeah. Harry Grant like you could tell. He was like, is it a person or a post? He's like, oh, it's a post that's going to go around. Like it was brilliant. It was, and I think it was one minute to go and the guys he was celebrating and I was like, nah, still, we have to hold on, and it's like I'm going to bed, well done, and I was like I will.
Speaker 3: Just I thought I was going to bed. I ended up ended up working till about eleven thirty. Yeah, I was like and like I was obviously messaging ten and rightly so saying congrats Queensland did everything right. They completely deserve it. I was more disappointed than New South Wales that I was honestly expecting a better showing than that. Right, taking nothing away from Queensland because their line speed, especially the defense was awesome. Everything they did was really good. But New South Wales and me were just so disappointing. Louie was you know, in game two he sets the tone by kicking it out on the fall. Last night he sets the tone by lollipopping it into the goal and giving him a seven tackle set which they ended up scoring from on the back end of it. Like just everything was Queensland's line speed was there in New South Wales, it was just it looked they looked flat, I don't know, and.
Speaker 2: They looked tired, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, playing at home in a decider, there's no excuse, you know what I mean. And Queensland like force that momentum onto him as well. Right, So full props to queens then, Like I said, not taking any away from them, I was just really disappointed in what the Blues dished out. I was hoping for better than that.
Speaker 2: I think energetically too, That's what I mean, even mentally, like there was such a force you could I could feel it, but it.
Speaker 3: Was just like even like for the first half an hour or so, like I'm watching I'm young the backs of them, all the hit ups, like you know what, do you need a momentum shift? We're the big boys to come in and there were nowhere to be seen.
Speaker 2: Well didn't Queensland did perfect completions.
Speaker 3: In the first time. Yeah, and I think.
Speaker 2: There was like we got our challenges except the very last one. And you know, I was talking to Shane, one of our mates, and we were watching the guys run out in his Queensland and he's like, oh god, New South Wales or like big boys, right, And I was like, well, the problem with having bigger players when you've got the other side smaller and younger. They're very zippy, so the bigger players are going to get gassed earlier. And they looked tired at like the thirty first minute.
Speaker 3: They just they just didn't look prepared. I don't know. I don't know if it's a Lorry daily thing. I don't know if it's a Lorry daily thing. But they just didn't look hungry.
Speaker 2: You know, I just I guess.
Speaker 3: And you know, you know, Queensland's going to be emotionally up because of the months, the factor, so you prepare for that as well.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even so the news up here, right, so, and I think I was talking about it last time, but you had DC gets swopped out, but you guys did it to DIDSCO last year. So no, My everyone was so shocked. But I always look at everything through a recruitment lens. So you always have people and companies that keep people too long because they're loyal or they feel bad letting them go or whatever. Billy's whole thing was like you know what, and it was very yeah, again scandalous the way that he did it, but he was like, I'm going to do what's best to win, and so what do we have. We had Big Papa come back, who also props to him. His wife just had a baby. I was reading today Ricky Schuitt said he's been sleeping in the hospital chair for like two nights in a row. Get him out of retirement. Shibasaki, who is like evenly paired with Jaminasaka, is my favorite player now he comes in like just.
Speaker 3: Forget Riach Wolf ready to go at fullback.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Hamma's brilliant. Hamma was so up here, like there's a lot of people saying how Billy did made the wrong decisions. But for me, like when I work with clients, I go, well, that's type of client I want, because they're willing to go this is what's best for the company or in this case, the state, or the game, or you know what I mean, like the competition. Yeah, and you know, I really try when I talk about origin, I really try and see it through a new South Wales Lens like I try and see the camaraderie.
Speaker 3: I just no, you can't, you can't, it's not there. You can't.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it means to be a Queenslander, but I want I want some. I want some because I'm sick and tired of waking up Thursday morning hurting. I don't want to hurt anymore. And I've heard most of my life, most of my life.
Speaker 2: But you've got to look at like, okay, even Lori daily and Billy like, you've got to look at the two comparisons, even in the way that they are like personally, I think even if I go back to Game one when Queensland lost, Billy wasn't standing up talking down to everyone like Gloria was doing last night, like he's consoling the guys with words, you know what I mean, Like it's it's just a very different.
Speaker 3: You don't what I reckon lost the series when I lost Moses. Yeah, his kicking game made. It was so different to what Lua was dishing up.
Speaker 2: And even can have You can have all the skill if you don't act and the not to be corny, but if you don't have a heart piece, you're gonna like you could have every single player also, thank god Qatar wasn't playing, but every single player right, and they can be brilliant, but if they're not in synergy the Blues.
Speaker 3: This series for them was there to be won. They weren't good enough to do it. But even if you look at game two, they outscored Queensland and they lost the game on conversions, right, they had no right to like, It's like it was there to be taken. And then last night it was dismal, embarrassing team. Like I wouldn't have minded losing, like I said to you, you know, twenty to sixteen or something, you know, but.
Speaker 1: But to lose like that, it was like I think, I think, I think to you answered a lot of our questions and let me let me let me suggest that, let me suggest that the team wasn't prepared, prepared, or whatsoever. I think the minute we lost this Origin series was the minute that they chose Laurie Daily.
Speaker 3: To to cach. He's a failed He's a failed Origin coach. I forget. Last year's decider was pretty close up until like the sixty minute sixty.
Speaker 1: One of the best games we've seen in decades. It was a sensational game in terms of in terms of Queensland outstanding Billy master stroke, the decision as he made. And you're saying that some of the Queenslanders thought that he'd done the wrong moves. Well, I thought he had. Yeah, I was in the same boat. But guess what, it's proven. We talk, we can talk, we can look back and talk with facts. Now, every decision he made he pulled the right rain. And not only he pulled the right rain, those particular players responded to him so and on on on this particularly and well, let's go back to the first game. Queensland steadily improved every game bit by bit by bit by bit. U c FLS didn't really play that well in the first game, but won the game and continued to play the same way all the way through. I suggest to you that it's a coaching thing again number one, number two.
Speaker 3: Sorry, So you know the thought that you know, last night reminded me of you know when you see teams going to the semis or going to a Grand final and everything lifts. It's not n RL level, it's semi final time. Yes, last night it was like watching one team play finals and one teams.
Speaker 1: Absolutely one team was playing origin. The other team was barely playing, was barely playing first grade. Uh so they said, you know how they say to you rise to the occasion. You don't rise to the occasion. You rise to the point of of your preparation. And we saw how her father, Laurie Daily prepared that new SOS team.
Speaker 3: It wasn't very high at all.
Speaker 1: Nicholas Nicol said that there was there was no passion, no love, no care, no power. Did see it? It's not maybe not fair. It wasn't it wasn't it wasn't there, It wasn't an it wasn't there. I wanted to talk about Queensland because we should talk about Queensland. You mentioned mentioned Hammer, so so Billy plays and and you know what this wash between Walsh and the Hammer like both of them exactly the same. You get the same, same brilliants out of bathroom. But Billy wanted to play a completely flat game, and he played a flat game and he worked a treat.
Speaker 3: Guys are genius. Guys are genius.
Speaker 1: If if he played a wide game, he would have brought Hammer, sorry, he would have brought Reese with his sweeps. The guy's a genius. He's he's born to do this, this job. Every mouse was the Japanese international Situaki whatever his name is. Yeah, yeah, hey, I didn't know can play that well.
Speaker 2: Really, he's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Broncos and and Tommy, Tommy didn't. If Tommy didn't is in the premiere number seven in the country at the moment. If he doesn't go on the Kangaroo Tour as number seven, we know that there's something fishy happening. Let's let's talk about the Blues. We said that they're not prepared, that they were not prepared no way.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 1: Uh no, no, no, no power, no passion, no hunger.
Speaker 3: Are they hardly bent the line. They never looked like even wrote the last tackle options right. I know it obviously worked well at but Loui beautiful. Let's let's talk individually.
Speaker 1: I love it for me, It's just an overrated flop.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so he brought no direction, he brought no nothing, nothing, But its just bad timing, bad timing, holding on to the ball second too long, so players were overrunning the past. I saw about three or four passes from the Blues that the ref didn't pick up. They don't know.
Speaker 1: Both serious, yeah, both sides. You know, Jerome's cards are marked. He won't play original. He won't see another blue blue jersey again. If especially if Mitches are available, there will be no blue jerseys going going to him. And and you know what, he looked good in Penrith because there's a system built around Nathan and Jerome and Yo and the system makes them look good. The system makes them look good. Nathan, you know what the excuses that he is injured, let's let's have have a have a look at this. Pay hass has to at the end of the season, has to get his vertebrate removed, his vertebrate removed.
Speaker 3: I was always taught as a youngster, whatever excuse you got, if you take the field, you got no exactly. Okay, this's guy somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Brian Tojo hasn't got a hamstring at the moment, okay, and he's done his other he's done his piece on his other knee, and he was probably the best, one of the best players on the field. So where where we're blaming, we're blaming injury for Nathan not having a good game. You know what, there's nothing wrong because the commentators, these magazine commentators or the line commentators, it's not.
Speaker 3: The injury that Cleary had right was was obviously in game two. He wasn't on any long kicking last night. He he was was trying to anyway, well, there was nothing happening last or there's an excuse so I was trying to lose. There's nothing happening.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to I just want to trying to say, there's nothing wrong. We've been a good in our real player and our real player. But you can't you can't play Origin. There's nothing wrong with that. And on the on the flip side, Mitch has proven himself, proven himself because because he brought the victory home at the game alluded the last.
Speaker 3: Game too, he brought it home game he brought Game two for triass and Game three, he brought it and he scored the winner. And in game one this year he did well as well, and he did well as well.
Speaker 1: So you know what, it's therefore to see there's no need for commentators to talk about him and to wait for that one game he's going to have and he eventually he's twenty six, he's going to have one game in the next five six years which is gonna he's going to do well, and we're.
Speaker 3: Going to call him a messiah. There's nothing. There's one on the side of yet and he never won. There's nothing wrong with being a good and a real player.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the coaching and and one coach in so Foles is going to be put down as one of the best coaches ever and so should be the Melbourne coach. Okay, but you know what, when it comes to this arena, he's a failed coach.
Speaker 3: He had to go became lost. No when he when he had to go a couple of years ago, it doesn't matter twenty twelve years ago, fifteen he failed and you know what, but to be fair, every New South Wales coach did during that year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm talking about him. He's a super coach. He's super coach. He's a super coach. And he came in here the sist a man who hasn't doesn't coach, and he didn't assist him because he gave the wrong game plan. And then you know what, Nepotism didn't work in the A's with Cabs. Nepotism or lay what is it?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Nepotism didn't work back in the Apes right for Cab, it didn't work for Paramota. It's not working for Saint Georgia at the moment. And guess what, it doesn't work for Melbourne Storm put in one of their front rowers in to try to get him into form.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work.
Speaker 1: He was a passenger and you had you had a Tiger's front rale, which would have fit the brief a brief watching on Foxville.
Speaker 3: At home, he talked himself out of that kid. He probably did.
Speaker 1: But you know what, sometimes you need to look over when it comes to origin you you might have to look over, because then if that was the case, Monster I would have never.
Speaker 3: Got a gig. When it was a bit a bit rowdy back in his early years, he said, he said, you should take the news. I was Jersey and the throat in the bin. You're not going to pick a guy.
Speaker 1: Look, I agree to Dick, I don't. I don't disagree as a dicket with Jeran. With all of them, they're all the same fucking but that's not my thing. Pend got wrong in all their success. They didn't teach any of their players how to use social media because they're all in basciles online, from from Taruver to Louaye to the main brothers to who am I leaving out? When it comes to social media, they've all shut themselves and Nathan clearing himself during COVID, they've all shut themselves in the foot when it comes to Instagram, right, that's the one. That's the one area Pendan's gone wrong with all all of their players.
Speaker 2: Some of them have gotten better. I would say on origin to say something.
Speaker 1: It was embarrassed. The performance was embarrassing. Okay, I mean I was embarrassed, and I'm embarrassed wearing this blue thing right at the moment. Okay, absolutely no, no, that performance was It was no no, no, no, no, no tea that that performance.
Speaker 3: But those who can't see us, I'm wearing a paramatta jacket and he's embarrassed. No, no, no, no, I'm deeply embarrassed.
Speaker 1: And I want to apologize to people who who like my wife, who who I wanted to watch a decider, you know what I mean? It was terrible, But you know what, I don't want to think about the Blues because they just depressed me and Queensland were outstanding. And and when when when I do watch the game against I watched it twice. Now I watch it again, I'm going to focus on Queensland. Really, I don't. I want to blank blank out all the blue rubbish, you know what I mean, all the blue rubsh and guess what if if Daily coaches again will be exactly the same result.
Speaker 3: I want to talk for a moment about Monster right and just think about we get about what's happened this week, right, but the whole emotional maturity rollercoaster of this series for him, right being named as captain in game two, master stroke, then going through what he went through this week and the way he carried himself. You know, it's like he's growing an extra foot or you know what I mean, really needs to be I've always been a fan that it needs to be commended heavily.
Speaker 2: You got to think, you've got to think think of the stories in Queensland. So when you're focusing on it. So you've got Deden who came in into the game and then there was all this crap around DC. You've got ship Asaki who was going to give up footy like six twelve months ago, you know, purely because he just wasn't getting a look in eighteen months ago. Then you've got Monster even if you know, we don't count what happens this week, but the captain thing as well. You've got Papali who was called back in two like all the stories, so everyone individually had like they had to make it, you know, and they were all pulling together. So I think New South Wales they really focus on not you guys like what I hear, but just on the win. You know, no matter how they win, they've won. A win's a win kind of thing like that. That's the and and I look, I know Queenslanders can be grubby, but last night I think it was fairly even. They're kind of giving it back to each other, but these guys are very close. Like how like even tomorrow when you watch it again, George have a look even look when they lost in game one Queensland and look at how far apart the guy is standing from each other, like there's.
Speaker 3: No Queen the Queensland, you mean in South Wales.
Speaker 2: And then look what Queensland.
Speaker 1: Absolutely look what you're talking about. I see it with some rugby league teams and that four Pete with all their all their all their failures kind of have had that, okay, but Queensland has had it, had it. It's nineteen eighty and again I'll say it again. I didn't believe it, and I said so last year and the year before. But I want to know what Queensland, what it means to be a Queenslander.
Speaker 3: I want to feel it. I want to feel it.
Speaker 1: I want to feel it because because they can't do what they did if somewhere along the line from their their their youth or their growth, something was deeply seated in their heads to go back to that.
Speaker 3: So I said, for a joke, once upon a time.
Speaker 1: When you when you get when you're when you're being raised in Queensland, you get told all these stories about how the big bad New South Wales people do this and that, and and it just when you play when you put that Moraine jersey, it just clicks on now. It was it was, it was, it was. It was a joke. But there's something along the somewhere along the line. It's in your DNA.
Speaker 2: We have four teams in Queensland. They should have done ipswitch jets instead of bringing back should have done I agree that we were just we're just the poor cousin, poor brother. That's that's what it is. Because even like we didn't even have many teams when I was born, you know, like the Dolphins only our fourth team has only opened three years ago, so we already have that kind of underdog.
Speaker 1: You were three years old, but you're talking about the you're talking about the entry in the n RL. Yeah yeah, yeah, but you got you had a very strong domestic competition back then, and you still got You've still got a pretty good vibrant.
Speaker 2: It's more like comparing, do you know what I mean? Like, because if I had talked to people about Origin, it's always we were winning, like you know, the first hundred years of Origin. I'm like, that's nice, Like you weren't playing for the state against state like this.
Speaker 3: Is if I remember correctly, I think that Broncos first games against Mainly was it I think I watched that.
Speaker 1: I think it was against Mainly up there up there. Yeah, yeah, the first time I think, And it wasn't it wasn't Lane It was that Lane Park. But it was before they built a Z stadium. Remember a stadium? Yes, m hm, yes, where was that one in the western suburbs. We had all scaffolding team. It was a went to it once before.
Speaker 2: I think it was West. The worst thought it was.
Speaker 1: I can't remember I've gone to I've gone to Lang Park, but I've got I've all So first time I ever went to see the Broncos play, I went to a ground for Grandstand had Scafflee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's south side. I used to funny it's a sports and and now I used to recruit for them. It's at Macravat, so it's kind of from between the Gold Coast like straight line to Brisbane. It's kind of halfway south. And I think with Billy, so everyone does the same stuff, you know, like get you know, it's so predictable what what coaches do, and Billy's actually been be interesting to see what happens. But one is a younger coach to his team's younger but three he was quite disruptive, like he did so many things that people were shocked by and he just did it anyway. And there was this mentality.
Speaker 3: Talk about player.
Speaker 2: Movements like chain getting bringing properly and ship a psyche in for a decider.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing, I know, I know that I'm going to be talking about this every day for the next two weeks.
Speaker 3: So what else do you want to say about Origin before we move on tonight? Even even even even when it comes.
Speaker 1: When it comes to Billy and stylistically, how he changed from game one to game three, and as he added players, he tweaked his style and when when and so the the Hammer fullback thing was one of the biggest tweaks he had to make because because Hammer doesn't actually physically break the line, he's the best backup man in the game. Okay, Reese will split the line with his with his change of pace, will split the line. So he completely changed stylistically, and Laurie couldn't handle that. All the Blues couldn't handle it. They don't know what was coming. They played so flat. So did you notice that Nicole said about forward passes? There was a lot of forward passes which wasn't picked up, which I don't really care about. What I really don't care about that happens every week. Yeah, I don't care about I really don't care about four passes. But on the off the back of that is Billy wanted to play really really really flat into the into their faces really quickly and the line speed. How Nicola spoke about the the really really quick line speed, so they couldn't and that's what he wanted to do. But he didn't think that they weren't going to be prepared. They were not prepared. So basically we can talk. You know what, at the end of the day, it's me waking up Thursday morning hurting again to you.
Speaker 3: And that's and that's the then.
Speaker 1: You know what, I can't express to you that when I say I generally wake up hurting, I generally wake up hurting.
Speaker 3: It hurts. It hurts. I don't want to hurt anymore too. I don't want to hurt anymore. I received I received a really sweet happy birthday video from ten years boys and they're both saying the marions. I was actually really happy for them, just picturing them, picturing them. I was happy for them.
Speaker 1: All the all the youngsters have seen the victories yeah, oh last year maybe, but still in general they see more victories than losses, haven't they. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and in particular Bunkers. I would say, and look if you don't, if you don't evolve, you die, right, that's what Slady's done. But didn't.
Speaker 1: Oh he is, he doesn't. He's Australian, He's not the Australian number sex.
Speaker 3: I saw some footage from school boys from about six seven years ago, twenty sixteen maybe more, maybe twenty sixteen, something like that.
Speaker 1: Sixteen Tom did and Steve Crichton. Really school boys. Who's the other one? They're tearing it up in the Grand final up there with coins that yeah the kids. Yes, yes, Steve Crichton went to Blackdown and position Brothers and they played Cooper Park High in the in the Grand final up there.
Speaker 3: Someone else in team front remember.
Speaker 1: There was someone else in Crichton's team. I'm not sure if it was Busy, but there was someone else who's played with from the first grade. And that particular team that Cooper Park that was stacked there.
Speaker 2: They were half keeper still pulls out.
Speaker 1: Really that team Nicholas saying there was about six Broncos in that team. So yeah, no, no, no is a Coobra. And there's another school with Benjie Marshall went to. Which school mar that's on the Gold Coast? I think too, Yes, there's super coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Keepra Parks the main they're not even they just produce the best players, are they?
Speaker 3: The cup Feld club for feeder school for Broncos? What is?
Speaker 2: I think? So? Yeah? But they going to Burley like all the community clubs get kids from there. Sunny Bank I used to be a big one. Oh Palm Beach is yeah, well you know. And I was going to say, before we move on from stead of origin, like because Shane Croy's meat like has seen footy as long as I have, but all he's older than me. But and Corey couldn't understand why would just go on and on about Gallon Like from that I just really dislike him. And right at the end, I don't know if you guys called it. I sent it to you Nick talking about the fight and Gallant was just so gross. He was just talking to Sunny Bell and he's like, you're a week gotta die. And I said to Gray, that is literally that h.
Speaker 3: Street hopping up a boring fight next Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: I hope Sunny Bell wins, but I was just like that just reminded me of what Gallon we.
Speaker 3: Question because obviously into your place. You're about fifteen twenty minutes away from Gold Coast Stadium, right, is that where Krarra Stadium was or was it in a different spot.
Speaker 2: No, Carrara's the NFL one, so Carrara is probably ten minutes in like, and then gold Coaster is down the highway, so it's gone fifteen.
Speaker 3: I went to Krra Stadium towards Kiss in two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I used to live opposite there, so I could. I could. It used to be across the river because I used to live it on the river and I would sit on my balcon now listen to like Queen. When Queen came a few years like, I got I don't need to need to pay for anything. I just sit up there.
Speaker 3: We got there like eight o'clock in the morning. He told me that you still had We had four two leter coke bottles that were mixed with bourbon and a little bit of cocaine, which we made Katherine carry. And no, that was a great day.
Speaker 2: It's one of the it's besides.
Speaker 3: Friday two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, despite the fact that it holds a lot of NFL, which I don't like. It's a brilliant stadium.
Speaker 3: But it is still there. There is it? Yeah, Yeah, it's still there.
Speaker 2: People's first stadium.
Speaker 3: I want to get past it. And when I come up next to.
Speaker 2: It was probably Driver.
Speaker 3: I was there afar from her good Friday two thousand and one. I thought I thought the new stadium replaced that. I didn't realize it was still there.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so and then the Boys' school is like just opposite.
Speaker 3: I've got to go and see it because that was that was a great day, and that was twenty four years ago.
Speaker 2: It's still They hold so many concerts there. Their acoustics are amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's around, it's around, it's around oval. Yeah yeah, like a rectangle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We got into our spot at about eleven thirty in the morning. That's a long day. And wait, wait, wait until the show started like eight or nine. Anyway, let's move on to Round seventeen. The round that was results watch first game in the round, Bulldogs went down eighteen points to twenty two against the Broncos. Tanny and George, you both want to talk about maybe your dad both want to talk about this one first team what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very interesting, very very interesting scenario. Canby sort of started on like a house on fire. I don't really think they did. I think Brisbane were a little bit down and obviously they were Origin depleted, but you know what.
Speaker 3: Both teams were missing. Yeah, four teams were missing Origin players that round. Yeah.
Speaker 1: For the first half and the first fifteen minutes of the second half, Canriby were trying really hard and they weren't succeeding to go in cycle and Brisbane didn't like it. I'm not going to see winning. Yeahyeah, yeah, they were trying hard to play their game. That's what trying to say. They're trying hard to play cycle and Brisbane didn't really enjoy playing cycle. For someone man reason about I don't know. Fifteen minutes in the second half, mistakes started. I'm not going to talk about Galvin coming on and disrupting the flow of the team. And then Brisbane started getting more sets starts. The minute Brisbane started playing their game and started playing set start rugby league or everything changed. Everything changed Canary Kitchens kept on missing tackles Israel Man.
Speaker 3: This time he's passing game, not his running game.
Speaker 1: Just kept on, just kept on putting his men on the outside shoulders and absolutely ripped candy.
Speaker 3: Can I just say something because we were talking about this a month ago, right, and when when Ezra Man came back and he was getting booed still, and I kept saying, wait till he scores a few tries and then and then see if they're doing him or not, which they saw it that night. They were, they were.
Speaker 1: Actually he has actually been outstanding that if we want to talk about his because you brought it up. Yeah, they booed him, and that doesn't matter, big deal, not the broncos he was booed and you up there as well. I don't think he is he booted now then he stopped stop anyway regards of that played up there since that night, the last one we played up there.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about after this game. Oh yeah, no, no, no, once he clicked in the year, yeah, yeahs disappeared this game. It probably did, yeah, probably did. I really don't wan to talk about but I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the nast incident where the Bulldogs fans were throwing full bottles at Israelman. You know what, you pay your money, you go into the stadium. You can do whatever you want. I don't care. You can do whatever you want. You do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: But for God's sake, because can support fans, George Bulldogs fans. Yeah, yeah, no, no, that's not trying to say that's wouldn't wouldn't know about it. You don't know. But they win, they win, they win a club game. I mean, you think they've won to a final? Bell Moore gets shut down. This is Nicola. I'm on your side. This is what I'm trying to allude to. That's what I'm trying to lose to. They've always been like that. I allude to. You know what, when it's wrong, it's wrong.
Speaker 1: I said, like I said, if you want to, if you want to pay your money, but good, that's up to you. That that's fine. But for God's sake, guys, and I'm a canny supporter. Forgot's sake, you're embarrassing. You're embarrassing, embarrassing me.
Speaker 2: And also Bulldogs number one on the list for most scandals. I know because I looked into it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, the absolutely, the worst thing I ever did is as a fan. It's a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. It was only against my own team, which Dean still reminds me about, by the way, was that I took my jersey after threw it onto the field because I was pissed off. Back then, I could leave the stadium without a shirt. I couldn't do that now. But yeah, that's probably the worst thing I've done as a fan. That's it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've even done that. I don't think I've ever anyone. Honestly, I don't think I've ever boot anyone. But in regards to that.
Speaker 2: Mags has just got a bit. He's getting a bit more confidence. He's making similar moves that Billy like Delawi's. Howder. I don't know if you guys remember him. He played I think one game in twenty twenty three, a few games in twenty twenty two. He's supposed to get signed to the end of twenty four, but he's been in que Cup and he's been playing weirs. I try to remember his name, and I was saying to the guys when he scored the try, I was like, do you remember, and I was like, actually, no, you guys wouldn't because I was watching it quite avidly my whole life. And they kind of just started watching it as much because I'm forcing them to. And that was brilliant. So he's comeback into Broncos and just Mags is clever. He's actually got a bit of headway with the guys. I think he's got a bit of buy in with them too. But again we were flat for the first half and then he must have I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, the minute, the minute, the minute, the minute that they got into their game and the Broncos they started playing the set start rugby league.
Speaker 3: We had nothing.
Speaker 1: We we we crumbled and and there's there's not a blame it on Paul the youngster, the gal but and that's something they've got to sort out and they will sort out. And if you know, if they do well that they't do well. I don't know. But this was this will make no mistake.
Speaker 3: This was This was.
Speaker 1: Broncos just slowly every game, slowly getting better, getting better, and a victory like this. Can you imagine how much it galvanized them. I feel sorry for the top.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Galvin impact, how to do it. Galvin's performance himself. I think it's it's putting other people off. Yeah, and that's that's what I'm here, and I'm not just talking. And they're sorting that out now anyway, Moving plays on and it's.
Speaker 2: Like it's like them thing, get over it, like everyone needs to just get like, you know, we all got a bit hitd about the Galvin thing. But a young kid and so is Ezra like s leave him alone.
Speaker 3: I said that from day one.
Speaker 1: I told, I told, I think it was Tuesday, somebody somebody around me who loves rugby league and I'm trying to avoid talking about Isra if we don't if we talk league, let's talk rug the league, anything else I don't want to talk about.
Speaker 3: But I said to him this and this is this is the fact. Don't don't hate the player.
Speaker 1: If you want to, if you want to protest, do it to Queensland Police or the Queensland judicial system or the NA or the Broncos. The youngster just did something and paid the price.
Speaker 3: That's it. Move on.
Speaker 1: And I don't like what he did either, and I think you should have got longer, but you know what it's done.
Speaker 3: Now, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Well, I was talking to I'm talking a birdie the other day and God, that was fun messaging him this morning. You watch the game. I didn't watch it either, and he was just like mate, like he's like everyone's with is, like everyone just needs to move on. He's like yeah, and he's great. Decisions, a decision, It's done.
Speaker 3: That's what I say. Now.
Speaker 1: You know what if I could, if I was salty, if I can forget about it and move on because I love watching good rugby league, let's just let's just let's just move on. God, And again again, I'll say it again. This is this is this is the crutch of it, and we've moved it off the game. Stupidmotion brought it up. If you want to pay your money and boo, I don't care, don't care boo for anyone but God's sake.
Speaker 3: Don't throw bottles or get violent with somebody, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Anyway, this was this was none of not only a victory for the Broncos, but it's a galbiz in victory for the Broncos.
Speaker 3: And just what's what's happened from round one?
Speaker 1: Slowly, slowly but slowly, little increments just to keep on improving and there's another I think nine or ten rounds are two and hopefully when they make the semis will come to a crescendo. That's what Marge. That's how big building our team. Speaking of moving on, thists, move on to the next one. Let's move on, right, there's twenty eight points to twenty four over the Dragons in a tight one. Young Flanno copped a whole bunch of shit once again, and Sticky defended him in the presser. We're talking not the game. Yeah, what were your guys thoughts on that? Okay, let's let's let's go a little bit back. So we got to find unless you blakes know the origin of the story.
Speaker 3: Now I've got I've just got one if I can give you. Right, Ricky Stewart, I mean, Ricky Stewart takes indiciance. He gets to attack the media, right, I don't. I don't think the media is to blame. Yeah, right, here goes. I think it's disgusting and disgraceful. How you blokes, typic call Ricky Stewart. The media they're reporting on Kyle Flanagan the way they report on any player. What's disgusting and disgraceful is what's happening on social media because as we all know, that comes from faceless morons. Right, anyone can say anying on social media, but when when you're talking about rugby league media, no one. I haven't seen anyone criticize Kyle Flanagan in any other capacity other than his performance as a footballer in alignment with any or every other player in the game, like no one's no one's. No one in the let's call it official media, right that I've seen has taken a swipe at nepotism or anything like that. Or you know, the kid hasn't cut it really anywhere he's been. He really hasn't right, And that's that's what they're reporting on. So I don't know why Ricky Stewart Didney scr right, he did put it. I'll make it he played bad, he didn't play bad. I'll make it really easy for you.
Speaker 1: I think I think the fans are bowning or something were they I don't know, but probably I'll make it easy. So what put him on? Put him on the market. Remember Tobe Sex. They had to go to France put him on the market. Do you think there'll be one takernly a club.
Speaker 3: He'll take take. But you contradicted yourself to them. You did because just two weeks ago you sat here and go tab sex and Kenny Cannabury is nothing. Now he's a million dollar player France. No I wanted to don't want him wanting exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what's the story with Okay.
Speaker 3: This is how, this is how it happened.
Speaker 1: There's there's there's one young man on social media, okay, and he's a very color he's very colorful. But but he not only Carl Saint George is a massive St. George supporter, a massive, massive George supporter, and he talks the truth.
Speaker 3: But see Flanner can't handle the But before even before that, what it boils down to is Shane Flanagan dropped Lachlan idiots, but he hasn't dropped his son, right and and when they win, it's okay, But when they lose, the fans go straight to that. You know, it was a lot like Jacob Arthur at Paramatta. He copped a lot of the same. I was one of his biggest critics. I'm sorry to say, the kid just didn't cut it, you know what I mean? So, and I agree with what Gordon Taylor said, which is really rare because because I don't think he's the sharpest tool and he shed but but he's he's right when he said, Kyle Fanaghan needs the leaves and George you need to go and play somewhere where you're not you're not coached by your father and and then you get coached on merrit you know what I mean. I agree with that.
Speaker 1: You know I agree with that too. Now now apparently like he's killing it in h in reserve grade. But you know what if he comes up, what doesn't come up? That's to me, that's not the issue. My issue. My issue. My question is this is call the best half back in the club? For get forget? Is he a first grader? I think he's a first grader. I can see him as a number A fourteen for off the bench a lot now to run a team, to run a team, I don't see it. I don't see like you're doing. I want a lot of you. King Tonga can do it better. There's a that's his name, or there's a there's a kid in reserve next to you. Apparently I'm sure he's only but what I've seen he looks too good. So that's my that's my argument. So that's that's the that's the that's the thing to tea. There's a kid in a social media who's really cutting, cutting through and he does it in a colorful way.
Speaker 3: But you know what he played? Sorry does the kid play?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, so he has no idea about pressure and he just probably not.
Speaker 3: But what's what's what's what's pressure got to do with the thing is?
Speaker 2: Okay? So Cleary hasn't been playing well? Is I haven't going to get rid of him Walters like you know, his dad was a coach, you get like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, you know, you know what. He doesn't have to get rid of our Carl, but he can lose his will. I don't really care. I don't care about George.
Speaker 2: I actually don't care, like I think. I think it's nice to see the kids come through. And I feel like I didn't think Walters was very hard on Billy.
Speaker 3: But I feel like he's playing he's playing will now, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, But I feel like I think Walters was hard on anyone. Actually he should have been harder, but you're if you're playing for your dad, I can imagine if your dad was Ricky Stewart. Holy crap, and I wonder.
Speaker 3: Why he's pay That's.
Speaker 2: What I mean. So I feel like there's a lot of crap being thrown at the younger players, and that's just not lately. It's not right.
Speaker 1: You know, what's silly anyone responding to it. There's a young there's a young man speaking his mind talking truths about Saint George.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I don't I know.
Speaker 2: Nick is not a fan of Ricky Shutt. I love him and I actually think it's very commendable for a few reasons. One, he not only beat the Dragons, but two he is a father talking to another father. And also I have heard from talking two players I know that have been in the big games, how much crap just gets slung at them all the time.
Speaker 3: Let me stop you right there. I was a huge fan of Ricky Stewart during his playing career. Huge fan. He's one of my favorite halfbacks. That Canberra team of the late eighties early nineties, one of my second probably my second favorite team of all time. What I can't stand about Ricky Stewart is as a coach, he's the biggest window in the history of the game, and every time he says something in the press conference he goes, well, I can't say because you guys call me a winger. That's because you're a fucking winger. Right. He's the most fined coach in the history of the game because he winges right, and he even when he wins and everything is good, he.
Speaker 1: Finds a way to criticize everyone else.
Speaker 3: It's great, you know what I mean, And he.
Speaker 1: Irritates, and that irritates the crap out of it.
Speaker 3: He won a wouldn't spoon. He won a premiership in his first season as a coach in two thousand and two. Do your homework if you don't remember it in a team that Graham Murray built in the previous three years. Georgia in my wrong. So everyone knows when a coach wins in their first year it's a fluke, right, which he did. He's been coaching ever since. How many years, twenty three years? He's won nothing, nothing? Right.
Speaker 1: He won a wouldn't spoon, a canal, he won a wouldn't spoon in Paramatta.
Speaker 2: How many coaches now are standing on the sideline.
Speaker 3: He only does that when it's time for contract with news right, and then as soon as he gets extended, he'll go back up to the box. You know why he did that. I'll give you a perfect analogy. Do you remember a long time ago when Brad Fitler took over his caretaking coach for the Roosters, and they gave him a full time role, right, he cares for about a year and a half. He won a wooden spoon, right, and then they sacked him. Right. Philer has always had this thing. And I've met Philer one hundred times, you know through Andrew Right, nice guy, no issues. But but Philer's Fittler, Right, he knows he's got a profile, and he's got that cool, calm and collected thing about him. Right, so as a rookie coach, and you can't blame him because he was a rookie coach. Right. They started the TV commentators and you might remember this teen started saying he's always cool, calm and collected, no matter what. So what does so what does that mean? That means that now even when he doesn't want to be, he starts acting cool, calm and collected because that's the reputation he's got, just the same way Bellamy's got a reputation for god nuts, right. So as soon as the media starts saying, oh, look at Ricky Stewart, you know he's on the side of Even if he doesn't want to go to the sideliner, he does because he's going to maintain that that thing, right.
Speaker 2: But that's fine.
Speaker 3: Ricky Stewart. Ricky Stewart is a puppet team man. He's an actor. He plays up for the camera, right. He's very different behind closed doors than what.
Speaker 2: But he has people talking about him and that's the whole.
Speaker 1: Because he's a winter I don't watch presses, approbably tells me, I don't watch. The one thing irritates me about him the most is and he still says it. He said it this year. I don't think he has gone by way. He hasn't said it.
Speaker 3: He goes because we're going to come in here and we're forced to come in here and do this. You're a first grade, full time professional fucking coach. Doing the press conference is part of the giar. If you haven't worked that out after twenty five years of coaching, shut up, you know what I mean. He's still winging about it. It's a Job's part of the job.
Speaker 2: Let's go can win because he's a captain, but Ricky can't as much.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? What's Teddy wings about?
Speaker 2: Last time? And I said, every time something happens, Teddy always wins. And you're like, that's his job.
Speaker 1: He's the captain on the field job you mean on the field, but he goes up to the race. How many times have you heard him wins off the field? Give me one, Give me one.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't lessen even if you.
Speaker 3: Don't have one, you don't have one. Anyway, he still irritates me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: At the beginning.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this game Raiders versus the Dragons, I'll be very short, it's really good. When you're not playing really well and you probably should have lost this game and you win, that signs of a half decent.
Speaker 3: He's doing a great job with the Raiders. He's doing an awesome job with that team. He's doing a good an awesome job with that team.
Speaker 1: So look, they played well for the first fifteen minutes, like they do all the time, the Raiders, and they got into the lead, and and St. George started playing some good stuff and maybe over the eighty minutes and which possibly was the better team but you know.
Speaker 3: What, when with the exceptions store all close games, they're all close games. In the next one storms twenty six points to twenty out of the Cowboys in Townsville, you're more Birdie?
Speaker 2: Can I Can I just say about this game? Because I was like, if Bellamy was my coach and I because he's never happy, he's actually never happy, And I was spending a lot of the time celebrating tries by dancing, I would not be doing that because I would expect Bellamy to complete. I was, so, you guys, know.
Speaker 3: What have you got? I think it's a paramount plus. Have you got it? Yeah? Have you seen? Have you seen the Bellamie? No, you have to watch it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yes, I was because I was waiting.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, we need to watch the press conference because I wanted to see even though they won, because he flipped out at one point. I just found that so entertaining. But Nick, mean, he's doing his dance also slightly offensive. Don't imitate Indonesian people, but anyway, that's say, Nick Meani's doing this viral TikTok dancing what these kids do in Indonesia. But I'm just like, you just need to not do that when you are you look like a very private schoolboy from Australia.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I was like, they're dancing after tries, but they're not winning that well, it's not like the Tigers Melbourne game.
Speaker 2: Keep playing. I don't know if you guys know what is I got the biggest it with the whole of Melbourne team watching.
Speaker 3: You've got to watch that documentary on Belody. Yeah, it's really how boys won. This game takes inside his house and everything. It's very it's a very inside private look into him that you haven't seen before on this game.
Speaker 1: To Melbourne's got this bad habit of coming out of the gates like a bull in the game, looking sensational and then dropping off. Now, if it happened one game, if it happened ten games, maybe, but it's happens it's around one.
Speaker 3: It's a habit now.
Speaker 1: Now I'm sure that I'm sure super coach Bellimy will straighten it out and when they get into the semi final semi finals will be all straightened out.
Speaker 3: But it is a habit, you know. We're talking about around with no rep players too. Both teams both obviously.
Speaker 2: They didn't have didn't though Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I just I like Look, I like Storm, but I'm kind of sick of hearing about Storm. I wouldn't say, like, we'll probably see them in the Grand Final. But there are such there are other teams that are better, you know out there.
Speaker 1: Like they play very unique, very unique style. They play us a style that's made to win games. You can't even say they are a very aggressive Arabia League team. The Fods are not very aggressive, but they're very touchy feely around the rock.
Speaker 3: With the ball and it's all on the ground. They got to win the ground.
Speaker 1: But look, they do what they do. He's been doing it for twenty years now, it's.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, he's so much fun to But Storm one, I felt like they were just stuffing around because if I was a coach, I had been so.
Speaker 3: One of the funniest things was I was here. It was the night that Melbourne beat Penrith in the first of Penrith's five Grand Finals from COVID. I watched it here. It was green, Mum were here, right, and I'll never forget that night. That's the night where you can find it on YouTube the last six minutes just typing Bellamy. Six minutes and the last six minutes of the game. The camera's on him and he's going kicking chairs and anyway, Melbourne win and you see him come down onto the field. I remember this and camera Smith runs up to him to give him a huggin. While they're hugging, Bellamy's still screaming they have just won the Grand Final, right and the Bellamie still screaming about something. It's the best early Belly.
Speaker 2: There was a game I think Storm played. I can't remember who they played. They won, of course, and Monster was just being really cheeky and he's in the in the sheds and Monsters like got his shirt off and he's talking to Bellamy and Bellamy kind of comes in and Mons is like, hey, like this real cheeky with Bellamy. Just do I love Monster? He's great for that.
Speaker 3: But have you heard have you heard that footage where they recorded him when they rang Bellamy? Yes, and you want to hit you on the podcast? Yeah he gets away with murder that.
Speaker 2: Like, Storm are a fun team, but I think what a Cowboys twelfth like? I just I think I just when I watched them, like even I'm scared of bellow me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I mean, Tiger's thirty points to twenty eight over the Roosters, no one saw that coming. They're a better team without Lua.
Speaker 1: Without I think this is more about when a bunch of guys get together and really want to prove a point for the for their coach, and this is what this is what happens. Don't forget Roosters a little bit depleted before Origin and so was Tigers were missing Lewis Buller and cars and injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I will.
Speaker 2: I will say sorry with I just want to do a bit of a shout out. So one of Meg's team members, Monica her brother, and Lauras Tristan Hope. Okay, so we and he started we'll actually played the first game this year. He's played one game. Yeah, they've played the first game this year for Tigers. And then his second game was back and they kept talking about him and he was so I don't know if he was the hooker for Tigers. So mad to shout out.
Speaker 3: To what's the relationship there?
Speaker 2: So Meg, who you've met her staff member? It's Monica's brother.
Speaker 3: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: He's he's the is he is he that is he a young man?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sorry, Yeah, so they let they let a hooker go, which what's his name again?
Speaker 1: They let the silver go because they knew they had this kid. And it's sort of more married up, more with Appy Timeline apparently. So apparently he's a he's a very good regular leg And I saw him playing and.
Speaker 3: I thought it was I thought it was sold I thought he was solid. He was good.
Speaker 2: He's everywhere and it comes from Queensland.
Speaker 3: Is another Queensland a great so is Bully. You know the Bullets of Queensland sounds great English.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look a little bit clunky the Roosters and a few mistakes. Unfortunately, Teddy was amazing and kept him in the in the game. It was exciting. It was exciting. Uh, West were the better team on the day. West were a bit of team on the day. I know what's going to happen this week, but the Broncos this week? Ten No, No, the who's.
Speaker 3: The Tiger's got this week? We're going to get there anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tigers are Warriors, the.
Speaker 3: Warriors probably and then in the in the last game, mainly see you're thirty points to twelve over the Rabbit os.
Speaker 2: Mmmm.
Speaker 3: That was I'll tell you what. The Rabbits. I know they've had massive interrupt disruptions with injuries and all the rest of it, but they should not be where they are. I mean, Jack White and came over as a you know, camera offered him a million dollars a year to stay. He was a huge marquee signing and he's been just nothing. Disappointed. You know what.
Speaker 1: I Patrol hasn't played enough. I don't yet, I don't. I have no idea what's happening. A lot of the Rabbits, A lot of injuries I sent.
Speaker 2: Back to US. I know he's injured, but he was not injured a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's out of favor with super coach there. I have no idea what's happening with the Rabbits. I have no idea. I'll sit on them. I'll sit on this year. I have no idea. I don't like that they rushed back Brandon.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Talk of the game, isn't it? Yeah for six weeks. Okay, it's not as bad as not as bad, but it's obviously they rushed him back. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe he got cleared by by medical but there's just something off this year there. So I want to put that in the Rabbits in the two hard basket, a game that never really got into into any great heights. But what what I do like is one thing, and he shows maturity. Tommy in the Senners is an interesting, interesting composition because what he does. Remember how back in the day Senners would swing around and play together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Tommy's brought that back.
Speaker 1: Tommy swings around and plays left and comes around and plays right. And even the commentators, because they don't see this, say, look Tommy's on the left, and look Tommy's on the right.
Speaker 3: Now you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I find it interesting and what that actually does because the kids haven't haven't seen that. The defensive lines are thrown off because you know you're you're marking. I don't know, Katala, And all of a sudden there's Tommy and Kata swinging together. So and and he even as a dummy runners as a foil to others, he tracks defenders. So I like, I like that, but Tommy and kit are swinging together. Let's keep this. I shouldn't say that He's been on my mind thinking this should be the origin a number seven when when yourself fast? Yeah, so I like that, but again has never gone into any heights. I don't know who mainly is playing because I think I'm going to ride off. We get the rabbit o season for next year. I think I'm gonna for this year.
Speaker 3: The Warriors, Panthers, Dolphins, Sharks, Knights, Eels, Titans or the by What about there's is it a forster Well mutual agreement agreement?
Speaker 1: Yeah, look that we won't unfortunately we won't see there's again everybody knows on this pot that he's one of my favorite coaches.
Speaker 3: But I think.
Speaker 1: Timers time has a father time has slipped slipped away. I do find it intriguing that if there's has I can't fix, uh the Titans, there's going to be something really really deeply entrenched in that in that club, not that team, that club which I don't I don't know, I don't know, but look, I hope they find the right coach because I've got a soze spot for the Titans. I think they've got a great roster, a really good roster. So I hope they find the right person. T you've been from up there, who do you think will fit the Titans profile in terms of coaching.
Speaker 2: I think it's a really toxic culture in that club. So even if you had someone awesome going there, you'd need someone like you'd need like a heavy hitter that wouldn't take ship from their management.
Speaker 1: So you need a Marge top of guy. Yeah yeah, Brad Arthur top a guy won to do the trick.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe, But you need someone that's they either they want a puppet, but they need someone that's like a Bellamy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: It's it's just that they've got so many issues in there, like they don't treat their guy as well.
Speaker 3: So it does come from the top, you're suggesting you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I find it. I find it intriguing. I look at the list and I say, this is not this list is not a bottom three list, No way, it's a top eight list.
Speaker 2: Well it's even you know, like because I told you guys, and I didn't go into it too much, but I was on the board for the Tigers right the Gold Coast one and just really not very well managed that board, like Nick knows a lot about it, and they lost the A grade coach that was brilliant that his great birds mate and who I've helped, you know, kind of transition, and he's awesome, like Jason Williams is amazing, and they just don't have players normal play their last score they played Burley two weeks ago, one hundred and twenty to Neil No. No, I'll send you guys like they have lost what sixty eight nail, ninety four nil. They've they've been losing, Like Zach Walsh was playing their recee's brother for a little bit at the beginning of the year and I was like, mate, like, and it's just it's like a company. It's like if you have a bad leadership career, like people aren't they're going to stay for money, but they're not going to stay and be loyal. It's it's just, yeah, so you just have whenever I see she's also, I said last time, it's not always necessarily the coach because the coach is hands are tied to a certain point, right, and he does that. He has a great roster and you know, from what everything I've heard, they or the boys love him, but the issues don't come from there.
Speaker 1: So are you suggesting that there's no split between the players, and is that what you're suggesting. I find it. Look, I find it strange. Everywhere Dessy goes he's a players coach. There's nowhere even at the end when it got Graby, mainly it was it was the senior management that didn't want him, not the player he's.
Speaker 2: He's just been pushed out, like Walters was. I agree with the Walters one, but he's just been pushed out. There's ways to do it.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, you know what, I hope they find the right coach all that team because of that region number one and that roster deserves better than what they what they're getting. And I think, and I'm sad to say this, I think that's it for Yeah, said he's retiring.
Speaker 3: He's retiring. Yeah, I don't think that may mean he's getting a haircut.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, de you never know. But yeah, I don't think we'll see Dessy again, unfortunately.
Speaker 3: So let's move on to crystal ball this week. That's coming around eighteen is it around nineteen nineteen? So kicking off with the Sharks hosting the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: It's at the it's at the Prison Shark Park. I'm going Dolphins, You're going Dolphins. They're coming down, and they're going to jump on the plane. Listen, as long as Kato is playing, and you know, I keep on studying this young man. I keep on watching tape of what he does. I'm amazed. So as long as Kato is in, I'm going dolphins all the way things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dolphins for sure.
Speaker 3: How do you who you're going for?
Speaker 6: Thinking about his road nights up the M one, we used to call it the M three Newcastle Melbourne storm versus Newcastle and Newcastle, the storm storm, I can't knock out the storm.
Speaker 3: Well they'll be, Yeah, they'll be.
Speaker 1: They'll be flying up and catching a bus out to a beautiful Newcastle unless they can find directly there. Look, I don't see any other result. Probably full house, but the storm will. We're walking away with the two points. Five thirty Saturday, Cogo. The dragon's taking on the roosters. The rooster is going to bounce back where the dragons. Interesting, it's interesting, it's a it's a game that goes fifty fifty. Last time they played, of course on Anzac Dave Rosters absolutely baffed them. This is a jubilee, this is it's George's home ground. This is their spiritual home ground. I am. I know that after round whatever it is, at the end of the year, Rusters will be playing on in the semi final series. So in that case, I'm going to say, will beat the Dragons.
Speaker 3: I'll go the Roosters.
Speaker 2: I'm getting Dragons.
Speaker 3: You're my George is traveling up to Townsville Saturday night on the Cowboys Bullos Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, interesting, I can't tip the Cowboys based on what I've seen. Whether get a full strength dogs? Anyone missing or we don't know, We don't Galvin's been dropped, hasn't he to the bench? On the bench's always been on the bench. We don't know. Obviously read money playing against the future club.
Speaker 2: FN Toys out is out?
Speaker 3: Anyone else?
Speaker 2: Salmon I don't know that is Salmon out? Seluca is coming back.
Speaker 3: Look, I'll stick with the Dogs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look if they get if Canary plays their topic game, which is cycle Bronco, I mean the Cowboys. If the bull Dogs lose, is it alarm bells? It's three out of the last five and it will be a conversation. Yeah, We've got to start having a conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Tommy did his best probably repast the party.
Speaker 2: Yeah that they're all Codd did and to lou Guy Nana Paulo.
Speaker 1: Well they'll be in a good frame. They've been a good frame of mine one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be like we just beating South Wales.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, no, no, absolutely, and.
Speaker 2: They lost last week so did and I'll be like all right, let's get it done.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely. Kicking off at two pm on Sunday in New Zealand, the Warriors are hosting the Tigers.
Speaker 1: Full house, full house and Nico Media. Yeah, full full house. The run is or his name doesn't mean well again, full house. I can't see any other I can't see any other uh, I can't see any other way.
Speaker 3: Warriors will win and win well don't.
Speaker 2: The Warriors have heaps of injuries at the moment.
Speaker 1: They've got heaps of injury at the moment. Yeah, they have got lots of injuries. Normally bed casts gone for the season. Yeah, Bedcraft's gone for the season. What's what's the line up to you.
Speaker 2: For the injuries?
Speaker 1: So they put Tanner Boyd at the half back and they've got Harris ta Vita.
Speaker 3: Look you know what the big James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the big loss of of course is a nickelstack. They got two of Picky at the back, so he's full of beans. Great runner, but you know when someone makes three hundred meters, you're losing a big chunk. But the packs, the packs solid. Yeah, Look, don't win and win, well win.
Speaker 3: And Eels hosting the Panthers. I've got to get the Panthers in this one. They're on a roll.
Speaker 2: See Els, too.
Speaker 3: Many players missing steel, too many plays.
Speaker 1: We don't know who's going to play for the the Panthers.
Speaker 3: We're not sure yet. He's not going to arrest anyone. He needs wins. I think so. I think so. But straight away I see Dane Lorry named the fullback and not what about is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is out?
Speaker 1: He's named Schneider at seven blaze. He's put on the wing. So look, they're playing with the youngsters. They're not playing with their I think the young hooker's debuting for Paramatter off the bench as well.
Speaker 3: He's coming off the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Martin Edwards Cleary, you know.
Speaker 1: What this this will be much closer than than if the Origin players don't play. Yeah, but he won't play. He hasn't even got him on the extended bench. Really okay, maybe maybe closer than I'll still lean on Pan, but.
Speaker 3: He's got him on the extended extended bench. They're playing.
Speaker 1: I'll go to the Panthers, will see you know what if if if the Panthers are serious and they want to make the eighth, they should find the way to win. To tell you what, param has been playing some great rugby league. And and I'm really loving the future Greek and Mordel. He's looking the he'll be he'll be Rookie of the year, Rookie of the year. Young and Longley a longer.
Speaker 2: I love him. Yeah, he's so good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and we'll see that. We'll see and you we'll see in your hooker for the for Paramatter.
Speaker 3: And closing out the round, You're at the Gold Coast Titans hosting the Brisbane Broncos. This is plus and hunts back, Ben haunts back. Is he straight in?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm?
Speaker 3: Was he on the extend of the bench.
Speaker 2: No, he's on the bench cent a bench, but he's there.
Speaker 3: I'm tipping the Broncos and that one. You know what Marina playing on on on my team.
Speaker 1: This is playing hooker run on team hooker. Oh he is yeah, so Billy's on the bench. Billy's on the bench for Ben, So that's going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: Paints just needs to rest for a week, is in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy's got no vertebrae. The guy's going to operate on his vertebrate.
Speaker 1: He's a machine anyway, look outlooking And one of my new favorite man, Crush Crush.
Speaker 3: Willison's arm in.
Speaker 2: The front row is so good if you watch old games of him last year and the year before, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I call him baby a baby huss that's how good he is. So he a Bronco thirtey plus, Broncos thirteen plus and building well.
Speaker 3: And now the Raiders, Segals and rabbit as have to buy. Rabbits need to buy, need something, They need something. What do you have Forst Georgian? You got super League?
Speaker 1: We got a little bit of Super League which was interesting this week. It was a great round Whole KR they're leading the competition. Leeds, who are Brad Arthur's team, went went to their home ground and Leeds are fourteen eight against the whole KR. A big boil over in England and a nicola and I said it to you off air, and I'll say to you on there. Brad Arthur deserves and should be back in Australia somewhere because he's way too good for way too good for England. He's picked up a team who came second last last year, who basically have got a roster like I don't know, I said, the Tiger is probably worse and he's got him in the top four, so he's just one of the.
Speaker 3: He should just be here. He should be in Australia.
Speaker 1: Whole FC, who's sorry, HULLFC, Who's Who's.
Speaker 3: Who's coaching? Sorry?
Speaker 1: I forget his name now Anyway, he's gone to austrain and coach played the Saint Helen's St Helens thirteen, HULLFC six, Lee Lippert's the team with the ugliest jerseys in the world and the Pods Team Nicola eighteen, Wigan Warriors eight. Another boylover, Another boylover. Trinity Wakefield Trinity, a young a young team second a team from second division last year played the Catalans Dragons. Trinity scored forty four points, Catalan Dragons scored only six. I suggest Tabe Sex has got a big job on his hands next year. Salford Red Red Devils the poor pauper team. Who there, they're are super they're super rich. Owner pulled out early in the year twelve speak Sam's team the Wolves twenty four and the Tigers twelve twelve, Hundersfield Tigers Huntersfield sorry thirty and Tiger's twelve. Interesting round of rugby league. Can we talk a little bit nrl W the w last week we're going to we're going to be following the plight of the Broncos and the paramatter Earl Earls from from this week on, t will be covering and I'll be covering the Broncos games, and we'll be covering and I'll be covering Paramatta's games. But last week Tiger West Tiger's played the Bulldogs, the first game of the bull of the Bulldogs, a franchise, Bulldogs twelve, Tigers eight, Nicola the Raiders. Sorry, that's the game happening tonight. Sharks sixteen, Paramatta eighteen. My favorite player Nicole. On last Thursday night, Abby Church absolutely ripped for the Sharks.
Speaker 3: I love I love her. She's a fullback. She's this little patique girl.
Speaker 1: You think she couldn't do anything, and she's so quick and so gutsy. She puts her head where you wouldn't put your foot your lover anyway. They beat the highly fancied Sharks the Bulldogs their first game. This is their first inaugural game. Twenty six beat the Nights twelve. The Big Bad Broncos absolutely stacked. They've got the best player in the world to make her Upton and sprinkling right through, sprinkling of youth and experience, and Broncos will be hard to beat.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight.
Speaker 1: The Hatless Tigers are four Saint George Dragons thirty six. And let me tell you they're outstanding. They've bought well and they've got some gun ill warrior girls. Uh, and they're gonna they're gonna be hard to stop. They call the Raiders fourteen, the Cowboys, the Cowgirls or the Cowboys twenty. The Titans are the Titans six, called Cowgirls from there on, the Cowboys the Cowgirls twenty the Titans six and the Big Bad Roosters.
Speaker 3: And that look good.
Speaker 2: Look she keep an eye on Taina Navid. She did like five tries for the Roosters. She started off for Eels Nick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did brilliant.
Speaker 1: I don't wanna, I don't want to watch too much of the Roosters because they're a very good team. I got this funny feeling they're not gonna win the combat the Warriors. Six the has absolutely smashed the Warriors Nicola. And like I said, you and I will be covering the Paramounta and the Broncos from this week on. We we'll probably mention the other teams. Will be going a little bit deeper on both teams. So that's that. And besides, beside Sloane going to the Panthers, I've got nothing else.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Sloane's going to the Panthers by all the sounds of it. So I don't know what they're going to do with another I think it is. I've got this gut feeling that I don't know why they want Sloan. I think they've got to fall back and Wingers, But this gut feeling is Panthers. But anyway, uh, that's mainly doing something that wraps up for episode sixteen, T can can can you review a Bronco player from the nineties next week?
Speaker 3: G Andrew G? Yeah, Andrew G the four of the second role? Yeah, can you give us a four half? Michael Hancock, what a great Waters Mountain, the whole Alan Can, Allen Can the other back roller. Yeah, I had a team that was a good runoff. When's the Sailor? When I never liked him, I knew he was. I never liked him as as not as a player, just about something about him man. But yeah, yeah, the do review on j for me. He's one of my as for Lazarus, but he's all Queenslander. Actually, do you want to combat? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Actually Webb is one of my ten years later a few years, but Webb is one of my all time favorite broncos. Just his his guts.
Speaker 2: Webb of the best urgent.
Speaker 3: I never liked web Well used to piss me off as no one ever fought back to it. He was aggressive, you know, so good? Yeah, like I said, thanks for that. That for me, it will be good.
Speaker 1: Give us a spoil on him at g was was good. Yeah, that's why that's what I suggested. Suggest all right, well then that's very good. So yes, we'll see everybody next week, next Tuesday. Yeah, we'll go back to Tuesday. Yeah, yeah, so we go back to normal, no more origin.
Speaker 3: You still got it on my bed?
Speaker 2: Do you know what happened? So when I'm really like stressed or overthinking. I talk in my sleep and I wake myself up. And last night and when I'm doing it like it's it's just one time I interviewed someone for an hour in my sleep anyway, And last night I hear myself coming out here WANTLF, coming out of sleep and I was saying, I was saying, I was like, remember how didn't did that trial's lich? I was talking out loud and I was like, what are you talking about? And I woke up and I was like, go back to sleep. I'm not that's excited sleep talking probably like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: I love his interviews. Oh god. And on that note, we'll call it a knife. Oh god, everyone, everybody,