Speaker 1: Come on, come on, come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Keee Roy Ryan, Yeah, Shay, wakey, wake your hands off.
Speaker 1: Snake e.
Speaker 2: Rob Ryan show checking in wild Card Wednesday that we got a long weekend ahead of us. We're gonna pick up where we left off with other John going for win number three fresh out of me.
Speaker 1: I've head to head challenge. We'll play at six twenty. He's a two time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: We announced Blue October a little early yesterday. We gave away the first pair of tickets. If you hadn't heard Blue Oot Chiober's got two shows coming up in November. We got tickets before they go on sale this Friday at ten am through Ticketmaster locations, Alice Cooper, Judas Priest tickets at around seven twenty, Ghost Tickets at eight twenty, Offspring Tickets nine ten, Monster Jam No the show, I mean every hour, just huge, huge giveaways today Steen percent chance of Ray Party Claudy highs up around ninety two.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Moe. What you got for Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Good morning. President Trump met with his top advisors in the White House Situation Room yesterday afternoon, as US officials said, the next twenty four to forty eight hours are going to be crucial in deciding whether a diplomatic solution with Iran is possible or if military action might be needed instead. Trump increased his tough talk against Iran, claiming the US knew exactly where their leader is where he's hiding. Trump wrote on social media that the leader was an easy target, but they wouldn't kill him, at least not for now. He also claimed the US had quote complete and total control of the skies over Iran and warned that American patience is wearing thin. Also on Trump's Today card, he's signing an order that's going to give TikTok and their owners ninety more days to sell the app.
Speaker 1: Seems like there just keep getting extension extensions.
Speaker 3: It must be something else going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. But this is the third extension since the talks stalled this spring, and without a sale, the law in the Supreme Court could force TikTok to shut down in the United States. But there are hopes that China's leaders will approve a new plan and the US buyer is going to be able to help protect TikTok and our data. All right, let's talk about coffee. We've talked about this before a lot of people. It's the first thing you do when you wake up. We'll have good news for all you coffee drinkers. It lowers your risk of death.
Speaker 2: That's this week's report. Then next week you're gonna tell me that coffee's killing us.
Speaker 3: Okay. It used to be that coffee was going to stunt your growth. But they put a squash.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there was too.
Speaker 3: Remember our parents were like, you can't drink this stunt your growth. I wish it would have stune in my growth. My grandma used to tell us that exactly. So there is a catch about drinking coffee to lower your risk of death because they're talking about black coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what Alex drinks. Is you still don't put anything in it, right, I never had, no will, nothing.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to like it. He just does it for the caffeine reasons.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean the same. I'm trying.
Speaker 3: But they say that black coffee is where it's at when it comes to learn your death. And if you put any sugar or cream saturated fat in those are bad it's still good, but only like fourteen percent lower risk of death. I don't know, and don't drink more, Alex.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The finding said that drinking two or three is slightly better than just one, but no added benefits if you drink more than three.
Speaker 2: All right, listen to us next week when we have another report about coffee Day. Completely contradictions every single thing you just said.
Speaker 4: All right, Harold and Kumar, are you into it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I mean it's funny, right, it's funny. It's a stoner thing, you know. Yeah, I mean it's funny.
Speaker 4: They've got a new one out.
Speaker 3: It's been fourteen years, and yes, John cho and Cowpen are coming back. Who's the main guys. No words on Neil Patrick Harris, but they need him. This will be the fourth one they've done. No word on the plot, but they did say quote, it's high time puff and pass their wisdom onto a new generation.
Speaker 4: So they want our kids to know what they're about.
Speaker 1: Who was asking for a cal Who was asking for this? Alex?
Speaker 6: Not me?
Speaker 1: Not me either?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, are they are they that big? There's so many other things that could be remade.
Speaker 4: It's the fourth Yeah, yeah, someone's watching it.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, Harold for Harold and Kumar, he's still the milkk head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from the American Pie to Yep.
Speaker 3: You know what Liquid Death is the drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were a big sponsor of the twentieth anniversary show. That's so cool and it's weird because my kid drinks them and she really likes them.
Speaker 4: Yes, the water one or which one does she like?
Speaker 1: They're all water.
Speaker 2: They're all water and they have flavors to them, but it looks like an energy drink, right.
Speaker 3: It's the weird.
Speaker 1: So when my kids walking around with one of those big talks.
Speaker 2: Now, they make regular sized cans, but I always have to tell everybody my kid's drinking a Liquid Death, Like I care, that's just water again.
Speaker 3: Their motto murder your thirst depth to plastic and they partnered with Ozzy Osborn, which seems to all make sense. But they sold iced tea cans that contain Ozzy's DNA. Oh I saw those ten lucky people are getting fresh batch of Ozzie's genetic material thanks to Liquid Death. The price tag on each one four hundred and fifty dollars and they sold out immediately. Ozzie said, do whatever you want with my DNA clone me. He had other words, but that's me summarizing it. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Take it outwis the Astros gotta win. Last night they blew out the A's thirteen to three. They're gonna play the A's again tonight. Bramber Valdezebi in the mount for this drills, going up against the Athletics. Luis Severino first pitches at nine oh five, and you can listen to that one on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty KRH. At the College World Series, LSU beat UCLA nine to five. Louisville eliminated Oregon State and Arkansas, then eliminated UCLA. In hockey for the second year in a row, the Florida Panthers are Stanley Cup champions for the thirty second year in a row.
Speaker 1: The Cup belongs to America and not Canada.
Speaker 5: They beat the Oilers five to one last night in Game six of the Stanley Cup Final to win the series four games to two. Sam Ryan Heart scored four goals for Florida in last night's game, but Sam Bennett was the con Smyth Trophy winner. For playoff MVP. He had fifteen goals in the entire postseason.
Speaker 1: Are you playing TikTok? Freebird? Yeah? Rock seven A little weird.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 5: Sorry with Patriots, you probably hated it because you like I wish it was O Canada, which is just skater boy from Ava Levin's.
Speaker 1: Half of the Panthers are Canadians, shun mad or they wanted to play for the Americans, didn't they?
Speaker 5: In basketball Game six of the NBA Finals and'll be tomorrow night, Oklahoma City leads that three games to two.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. A right, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 2: Here we go, four hours of pain. First phone call, b Lock and Load.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Who wants it?
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 1: The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Wakey, Wakey, Hands Off, Wildcard Wednesday, Locked and.
Speaker 1: Load Wednesday, June eighteenth, six oh seven.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask my friends here in the studio. I'm gonna ask my buddy Chili that's in the other room.
Speaker 1: I want to start off the show this way.
Speaker 2: This is not for anybody that's driving in the car right now, but anyone that's listening that is not behind the wheel. I want to see everybody's phone in their hand. Please, I want to see everybody's phone in their hand. I want you to open it up. I want you to go to Instagram real easy.
Speaker 1: This is not for those of you that are driving.
Speaker 2: I want you to look up Academy. It's Academy Sports and Outdoors. But on Instagram it's at Academy. I want you to click on that and there'll be a little blue thing. If you're not already following them, it'll say follow.
Speaker 1: I need you to click that. You've just helped. If you have done this, you have just.
Speaker 2: Helped us raise money for our backpack efforts this morning.
Speaker 1: How long did that take? Thirty seconds?
Speaker 3: Maybe? I have like eight Instagram accounts though, so I'm doing it on all of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, let's go set code boom, So well, ron, how do I find Academy on Instagram?
Speaker 1: It's at Academy. They were smart. They must have got in there early. Smart. Good for them.
Speaker 2: Academy Sports and Outdoors has offered us five thousand dollars today towards our Backpack Efforts backpacks full of school supplies for local children that need them, that can't afford to start off the school year like every like most kids, with just the basic necessities. I'm not talking about you know, fancy things. I'm just talking about basic necessities scissors and glue and colored pencils and spiral notebooks and paper and the backpack itself.
Speaker 1: They come packed.
Speaker 2: They come loaded with all the things that that children need. We have age appropriate backpacks that we buy our friends over at h.
Speaker 1: And Children's Charity. So great. They got this down to a science now, so it's going to be that simple. I'm gonna remind you all morning long.
Speaker 2: Our goal this morning is to bring two thousand, five hundred new followers to the Academy Sports and Outdoors Instagram account. They got a ton of people on that account already, Okay, but I thought it was very generous for them to offer two bucks per new follow That's the key here.
Speaker 1: You have to follow.
Speaker 2: Them on Instagram. We'll be talking about it all morning. Thank you to our friends over Academy Sports and Outdoors help us. Thirty seconds of your day is what I need. A quick little follow on the IG. Other things today on the show Other John going for win number three, freshout of bad head to head challenge? Did you hear the announcement yesterday? Blue October Mo you were here for the announcement.
Speaker 3: I was here.
Speaker 2: You gave aweight tickets on the show yesterday before you should have so cool.
Speaker 1: We gave a weight to take. It's before we even.
Speaker 2: Announced the show yesterday. They got a couple of shows in November fourteen and fifteen. I believe tickets are going to go on sale this Fridays, your ticket master, we have tickets before they go on sale. Homeroom, you are getting those on the fun Fact flashback.
Speaker 4: It's not time for the first phone call of today.
Speaker 1: Let's go up to the Boks here. Good morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 6: Hello, Good morning mister Ray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well does that sound a little like Robbie you Alex? Does that sound like Robbie? Is it Robbie? Probably?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Colored Team, Good morning Robbie, Good morning Robbie.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Man?
Speaker 6: Oh man? I just want to see when y'all are going on vacation.
Speaker 1: Well, we are going to be on tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It was juneteenth, so that is an iHeart holiday. And the day and then we're just gonna tack on Friday, you know, because we take one hundred days off every year.
Speaker 1: Apparently he does it.
Speaker 6: Look look every day that you take off, because I've been up there at one or two in the afternoon to pick up beer and you're still there. So all that I'm all for twenty hours is bs Now.
Speaker 2: Listen, no one's gonna believe you. Everyone just assumes that we all work six to ten. We work four hours a day, and that's it.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no no. I already know that you're up at four o'clock preparing you show Number one. That's that's a fact. And number two is I've seen you, Dinah and several other people coming out of the elevator when I'm going to collect beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we stay. Yeah, there's a lot to work on. I mean, listen, we're not swinging a hammer, okay, this anyone that's out there swinging a hammer, you're bending ten, you're climbing a roof, you're going up and fixing the ac whatever. That's not what we're doing.
Speaker 6: No, you're not. Jim Adeler.
Speaker 1: Oh no, boy, I wish I was. I wish my bank account was his. Oh I hear you.
Speaker 6: Robbie, say, do you still have all the clips that you had from the other studio?
Speaker 2: I mean some of the stuff we have. I mean the thing that we lost. I mean, yeah, there's more things than we lost than we have.
Speaker 1: Put it that way.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, Well, I remember when you played Sad but True. You used to always have good morning, mister Rod when it stopped in the middle of the I remember that.
Speaker 1: I might have that somewhere. I might have that. Well, listen, brother, so good to have you on.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: If you are off, you got some time off, enjoy it.
Speaker 6: We won't talk to me when you're going on vacation.
Speaker 2: Oh, vacation, vacation next month. I forgot for the fourteenth, fifteen, something like that.
Speaker 1: In July. Yeah, the week of the fourteenth. I think we're gonna be off.
Speaker 6: Let's see. I well that that's fine because that gives me another chance to win, because I can't play till after July fourth.
Speaker 4: He doesn't care about you, about.
Speaker 2: Robbie, love you. I mean it when I say it. I'm up against the break.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be busy this morning on the flip. Gotta wreck check for you. We'll find out what's training and we'll get set up for.
Speaker 9: Other John Houston Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety the Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back rod Ryan's show on this wildcard Wednesday. It is a day that I have a bit of an ask for every one of you. I need you to follow Academy Sports and Outdoors on Instagram today. If I get twenty five hundred new followers, I get five thousand dollars to go buy backpacks full of school supplies.
Speaker 1: We did it on the air.
Speaker 2: The whole exercise took about thirty two seconds. If you're not driving, get out your phone, go to Instagram. At Academy is their official account Blue rectangle. It says follow click that boom. It's two dollars. It's two dollars. It took you thirty five seconds to do. Okay, I get a a bunch of you to do that, like twenty five hundred of you.
Speaker 1: That I'm going to get the five thousand dollars to go buy the backpacks. All right. Thank you to our friends at Academy Sports and Outdoors. Awesome to work with.
Speaker 2: Awesome to work with for over ten years now, that's my friend, Alex.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi, Hi, what's trending?
Speaker 5: Well, you're gonna hate this one because the Florida Panthers are Stanley Cup champions.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. You hate it so much.
Speaker 5: You're rooting for Canada for thirty two consecutive years. Now your home country is not going to get to host the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 1: Kink Panthers back to back champions.
Speaker 5: Four of the last five Stanley Cups have resided in Florida.
Speaker 1: Now because Champa Bay one two as well. It's weird.
Speaker 5: Hockey is a southern sport. Not talking about you, Dallas, because you can't wait anything.
Speaker 1: And now they're trending. Anne Burrell is trending.
Speaker 5: The Food Network star and chef passed away at the age of fifty five.
Speaker 1: She has found unresponsive in her home.
Speaker 2: She's the girl who had that big, wild, white crazy hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're super spiky, Like her hair looks like a wave. Yeah, I saw her. I mean Food Network.
Speaker 2: I think, like mo, it's kind of on in the background a little bit aways you know it's on.
Speaker 1: It so makes me hungry, so I can't read her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like America's worst chefs. I think she might have been on that show.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else?
Speaker 5: And then Saga Blade, Saga Blade is trending. Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox released the name of their baby daughter and it is Saga Blade Fox Baker. So everybody's talking about that this morning. That's just training on ninety four five to bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Machine Gun Kelly's not his real name. His last name is Baker pulsen Maker. Yeah, so the kid's name is Baker. All right, gotcha, all right, thank you, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 5: This is a two time Hall of Famer other John.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're fresh out of bed at the head two day Champion. Join me on Wednesday and I try to make it win number three.
Speaker 2: Seven one three two two five five if you can think, if you think you can beat this two time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: The Rod Ryan Show on n.
Speaker 2: GO ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show by the.
Speaker 1: Skin Wild Car Wednesday, six point thirty.
Speaker 2: Thank you to everyone that's already gone in and became a new follower of Academy Sports and Outdoors on the Gram. I'm looking for two thousand, five hundred of you to click follow at Academy on Instagram today.
Speaker 1: If I get twenty five hundred of you to do that.
Speaker 2: I get two dollars for everyone that does this, I get five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I go buy some backpacks.
Speaker 2: I can go buy a lot of backpacks with that, backpacks full of school supplies. You know we're doing that all summer long. Here's a good mention for the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store and do a little shopping in there.
Speaker 1: You can donate on there.
Speaker 2: But the easiest thing you can do today is help me out two dollars at a time by following at Academy on Instagram. Follow blue button, blue click done, Let's play, and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to Head challenge, listeners to your corners. Other John, good morning. Great, it'd be better if you would follow.
Speaker 1: Academy on Instagram. Thank you, you, thank you. It's two bucks. It's two bucks. Don't laugh.
Speaker 2: Two dollars at a time. We're gonna get five thousand dollars today.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Other John's a two time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: He's going for win number three and he's taking on Cody Mixing.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Cody, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: How's the tour going with Sony LaRue Sounds like you should be opening Cody mixing. Yeah, you know what I mean, Texas country artist bro sing me, sing me your country song. Go ahead, Cody God.
Speaker 3: Come on you trailer and ex wife.
Speaker 1: Dog mix it a beer. Cody, you played with us this year already, huh not this year?
Speaker 7: I played last year.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, all you have to do is answer these questions by shouting out your country star sounding name. Say your name before other John, give me the correct answer. Do that twice and we'll give you what are we give them today?
Speaker 4: Today we have rod Ryan T shirts.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Good luck John.
Speaker 2: Finally, if you win today, you're finally going to get one of those rod Ryan show T shirts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and today's the day I want to win, so I visit you guys. Oh very good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well listen, Cody, I have been clear about the instructions.
Speaker 1: Just shout out your name.
Speaker 2: When you think you know the answer, I'll stop and then wait for me to call on you to give me the correct answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, John's been on his game though. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Question number one, what identity document is required to travel to different non.
Speaker 1: Cody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pat Sport.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's a correct answer Cody, Cody Mixon, what identity document is required to travel to different countries around the world? A valid passport. Someone's gonna email me and they're gonna tell me about their military idea and stuff. Listen, there's other answers, but passport is what we were looking for.
Speaker 1: John, he just got in there.
Speaker 6: I'm very good.
Speaker 7: I was afraid it might be driver's license, so I president.
Speaker 2: Next question, name the Disney princess?
Speaker 7: Cody.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Cody Mixon's balls are just out right there boom on the table.
Speaker 4: He just whipped it out too much.
Speaker 1: Okay, you whipped it out. Now give us the answer.
Speaker 7: Cinderella.
Speaker 1: Do you know this guy?
Speaker 2: That's a correct answer. Did you play his stuff on your other station?
Speaker 1: Cody?
Speaker 4: Member of the fan club? Wow, Cody.
Speaker 2: John is like, wait a minute, what just happened? Hang on, here's here's the question. Which Disney princess lost her glass slipper?
Speaker 1: That was my question, Yes, Cinderella was the answer.
Speaker 3: A lot of princesses.
Speaker 1: It just balls everywhere. There's ball balls.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, by Cody, John, there wasn't much you can do on that one.
Speaker 3: Sorry, friends, insane job.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you? John. Hey, Cody, Hey, dude, reel that thing in. Put it Away, charming, put it Away.
Speaker 2: That's a rob Ryan Show T shirt. That's an unbelievable game. I don't know if you've got a couple more of those in you, but I am going to invite you to play with us.
Speaker 1: Now, hang on on Monday.
Speaker 2: We're off Tomorrow and Thursday, or we're off Thursday and Friday. Can you come you want to come back and play on Monday? Yes, okay, work on that song.
Speaker 1: I want you to sing me something on Monday. I know you got hits. I know you got hits around the campfire.
Speaker 2: Cody, great game today, Hang on for me. I gotta get a victory speech out of you.
Speaker 3: Next The rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Screen day tecent chance of rating for your wildcard Wednesday, partly Cloudy Skuy's highs up around ninety two. Uh bring me that country Western star with a fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody, This is Cody Nixon. I am you're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion, fun fat. I am a one time Hall of famer, and I've also taken it to Game five and blow it. That's not happening again. Join me on Monday after the long weekend, and I make it win number two speeches.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe you know what he told me. His middle name.
Speaker 2: Was but Cody Earl Keene McCullum, Mixon.
Speaker 1: And he's still not a country guy. How is that possible?
Speaker 6: Saying?
Speaker 1: And his uncle is Toony LaRue is incredible, and he smoked weed with Willie. I mean, who has He's still my word?
Speaker 2: He says he's not a country star. All right, I'm gonna have to believe him.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart and funny. Everybuddy's it's the fuck that to the day. Blow October tickets coming up. Don't go anywhere. If you smashed together.
Speaker 2: Brad Pitt and Scrubs star Zach Brath, you know who you'd get, Raf Pitt, You'd get Doug Pitt. Brad Pitt has a brother named Doug, who's the Goodwill ambassador for Tanzania.
Speaker 3: Also handsomely.
Speaker 1: Do you see a little Zach Braff in there? The guy from Scraps in the mouth.
Speaker 2: In twenty eleven, Doug Pitt became the first American to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and descend by mountain bike.
Speaker 1: What Brad Pitt's brother, Doug is a pretty good cool dude.
Speaker 3: Third sibling?
Speaker 1: Is there another one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There's three?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The Violent Femmes broke up back in the day. I think they've since gotten back together. We gave away tickets to go see them.
Speaker 1: Not that long ago.
Speaker 2: Wendy's used their song Blister in the Sun in an ad in two thousand and seven. The members of the group got into a huge fight about it. They all didn't agree to use their music in advertising. They wound up suing one another. They disbanded two years later because of Wendy's This is.
Speaker 1: Hell.
Speaker 2: They felt that everybody should have given permission to use the music in it out in advertise normally. They just some some of the members of the band kind of like the Beastie Boys, don't ever want their music used for advertising.
Speaker 1: Should get along.
Speaker 2: When e Goes were invented in nineteen fifty three, they were called frofels. That's neat did Alex come up with that name? Froffeles stood for frozen waffles.
Speaker 1: Now I don't. This is the part that's more confusing.
Speaker 2: People started calling them a goes because they kind of tasted like eggs.
Speaker 1: Within two years that became the official name A goos. I've never never thought they tasted it like egg at all. It's got fuck. Back to the day. We make you look smart and funny, every bodies, it's the fun back to the day, good old Dug pit.
Speaker 3: Handsome like you, how hands handsome, successful and a good human like It's really annoying, believable.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody about this awesome prize. Rod Yeah.
Speaker 3: Blue October is Humming seven one three Music Hall, November fourteenth and fifteenth.
Speaker 1: My god, I love Jose.
Speaker 3: We have tickets for the first night. Tickets go on sale Friday at ten am ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 4: Good luck.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna do this. It's your fun. We've gotta flashbacks yesterday. Okay, what animals poop is? Cube shaped?
Speaker 2: Seven one three two one two nine four five for the Blue October ticket.
Speaker 5: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: This show loves the poop story. Yes, uh hell, how'd we do Yesterday?
Speaker 2: On Wall Street and cubes gave a little back yesterday that that was down two hundred and ninety nine points. Kick off this morning at forty two two hundred and fifteen, NASAK lost one hundred and eighty to nineteen thy five twenty one. Benchmark ten year treasury trades at four point three eight percent. Oil stands at seventy four dollars ninety eight cents a barrel to The most active is the big studs, Chevron, Dizon, IBM, the big Duds Merk, Nike, and three M. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on housing starts, also building permits for May. Right now, futures barely on the upside. Hang on to this be a positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm either. This is Halam managed the director with Raymon James Porter for the Rod.
Speaker 2: Ryan Show from Raymond James on Sandfleet and Augusta and defeget toys, rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Famin's expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, IART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable that it's not guaranteed there's no insurance trans mention. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buyer sell security referred to your BECA programs are an educational and informational services on this doesn't. It's based on the movement as reported by Young Finance, Houston's Rock and Alternative, and.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five to the Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Welcome back, okay, sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, flashing back to yesterday's fun Facts, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this Maria? Hi'm Marissa, good morning morning.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 2: Are you following Academy Sports and Outdoors on Instagram?
Speaker 1: I need you to, I need it. I need you.
Speaker 6: I'm not but I will.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So when when we're done with our transaction here and I know you're gonna do great. But this is for everybody listening. I get two dollars for every new follow today. I need twenty five. I need twenty five hundred of you to follow Academy on Instagram. It's just at Academy. So I'm all right, love you, I'm man explaining this to you. I know, you know how to do this, Marica, but I'm walking everybody through it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, oh geez, we got a big ticket here. So what animals poop is cube shaped?
Speaker 6: Mat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Listen, you're so smartsulation. Thank you.
Speaker 4: That won you some blue October tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't even go on sale until Friday at ten am, but you will be there November fourteenth. You'll be at the first of two shows at seven to one three Music Hall. Tickets go on sale Friday ten am ticketmaster dot com. Awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, Marissa, and then don't don't forget it. Don't forget your little homework assignment.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do Okay, thank you so much. Hang on, I'm going to shoot you over to the Chile. That's every one of you.
Speaker 2: I need you to follow Academy Sports and Outours on Instagram. It's at Academy.
Speaker 1: Follow is key.
Speaker 2: If I can get twenty five hundred new followers two I need two five hundred of you, five hundred of.
Speaker 1: You to activate today. You see, but I get two bucks for everyone. Marissa's in for two dollars.
Speaker 2: We can get five thousand dollars by just doing something that takes you about thirty seconds today.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you to Academy Sports and Outdoors. Ten percent chance of ring.
Speaker 2: Partney Claudie's guys highs up around ninety two today, Moe you of Houston's headlines, Yes, sir, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: President Trump met with his top advisors in the White House Situation Room yesterday. Officials said that the next twenty four to forty eight hours are going to be critical in deciding whether a diplomatic solution with Iran is even possible or if military action might be needed instead. Trump increased his tough talk against Iran, claiming the US knew exactly where their leader was hiding. He wrote on social media, the guy's an easy target, but said they wouldn't kill him, at least not for now. Trump also claimed the US had quote complete and total control of the skies over Iran and warned that American patience was wearing.
Speaker 1: Fin It's a flex. That's a sick flex. This is a scary time right now.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: Former President Joe Biden might be a special guest set the Juneteenth celebrations going on in Galveston Island this weekend.
Speaker 1: You go down to meet Joe. I am you didn't know. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: You had already made plans to go down to Galveston, and then you found out, oh damn, the former president's.
Speaker 3: There, there's the secret servis, and then you can't get anywhere road closures.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 3: Yes, it wasn't clear exactly which celebration Biden would attend or if you would speak at an event, but the Galveston Police Department requested assistance from the Galveston County Sheriff's Department, saying dignitaries were coming in for the events. Joe Biden's name was mentioned, and it makes sense because Biden made Juneteenth the federal holiday in twenty twenty one, and there's a lot of events planned for the entire weekend surrounding the date. Rod, I have a question for you, who is on your workout playlist?
Speaker 2: I listen to everything I bring so I still have like an old iPod who my music floated into it. So I listen to a little bit of everything. I mean, alex Ole appreciate this. I was listened in the Glorious suns Offspring yesterday.
Speaker 3: I see your vibe though Black Sabbath, okay, but it's rocks though.
Speaker 4: Rock stuff, Alex about you?
Speaker 3: Are you like a rock stuff?
Speaker 1: I've been working at the Calvin Harris like the last.
Speaker 4: Like that's very skinny white guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got some bangers.
Speaker 3: Okay, you run too well. There's a new app. It's a workout weight loss app, and they surveyed all of their users and found the top five artists to work out too so hear me out. Kendrick Wlamar was number one, Metallica number two, all Right, Taylor Swift number three, Red Hot Chili Pepper is number four, and number five was Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Overall, rock was voted the most motivating genre.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: Number two was hip hop and rap?
Speaker 5: What do you like? What do you like?
Speaker 3: I'm definitely a hip hop and rap girl. If Little John came on in the car this morning on my shuffle and I was like ready to get stuff done, okay, But metal and electric electronic listeners work out the longest. So would you put Calvin Harris in electronic? Ish this music? So maybe that's why your longevity is prime.
Speaker 2: Alex, the only rap, the only that I listened to. And Shelly's gonna laugh at me. What is it? If I got my headphones on and I'm getting ready to you know, bench or something. Yeah, when when I hear you are about to witness the strength of public enemies, I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you right now, let's go. Public enemy will get me going? Man?
Speaker 5: Is it kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll get going on some of that stuff.
Speaker 3: All right. We got a shout out to Toro, Houston, Texans beloved mascot. He was inducted into the Mascot Hall of Fame as part of the Class of twenty twenty five. Our Dude's honor was announced on Good Morning America yesterday. We were all watching over two point five million combined followers, countless viral videos. That guy that bowl volunteers and has over four hundred appearances a year. He's just busting his booty. And the voters recognized that he didn't just win for his hard work. He earned the highest number of votes from both fans.
Speaker 4: And the committee.
Speaker 2: I've met him before a couple of times, that guy, like have you met him? But under the helmet, under the mask, guy.
Speaker 1: Works his ass off. Yes he works his ass off.
Speaker 3: Yes he takes a team, but yes, the Texans are expected to celebrate this achievement during a halftime at a home game this fall.
Speaker 2: I think every city loves their mascots, but there's a difference. There are some that are better than others. And Toro is awesome. Yeah, he's really good at what he does.
Speaker 1: He's great.
Speaker 3: Apparently, masked bands are trending right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big time with number one albums here and there.
Speaker 3: That's what it's all about. We know, Go, Sleep Train both release albums this year. The debut ad number one on the Billboard two hundred and that's kind of what he got people like, looking into this.
Speaker 2: Thing, You're gonna get heavy metal people coming at you. Sleep Theory, Sleep What I say, Sleep Train.
Speaker 4: Sid Token, I was just reading there mostly Tolkien.
Speaker 1: Right, we have Sleep Theorian. You're Sleep Tolkien.
Speaker 2: You guys are both gonna get killed by the metal community.
Speaker 4: I just read the article.
Speaker 3: So we're looking back to where this started, right, Alice Cooper, David Bowie. They're wearing like the theatrical you know, kiss. That's where they think this mask thing kind of got ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it combined that whole element with the music. So, I mean slip Knots the biggest of all of them, Okay, but I mean this.
Speaker 3: Band goes with a band named gwar on here. They say they may be the first ones the actual war Masks.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: There's also a new band, Nova Machina. I guess they're blowing up on TikTok right now. Not only do they have the mask thing, they also claim that they're from the future. You don't know who they are.
Speaker 4: They're right, masks.
Speaker 1: Got to carry on with that. Those take it. Alex Well.
Speaker 5: The Astros gotta win. Last night they blew out the A's thirteen to three. They're going to play the A's again tonight. Framber Valdez have been the mound for the Stros going up against the Athletics. Luis Severino first pitches at nine oh five, and you can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety, News Radio seven forty k tier AH. At the College World Series yesterday, LSU beat UCLA, Louisville eliminated Oregon State, and then Arkansas took out UCLA in hockey for the second year in a row. The Florida Panthers are Stanley Cup champions. They beat the Boilers five to one last night in Game six of the Stanley Cup Final to win the.
Speaker 1: Series four games to two. Sam Ryan Hart scored.
Speaker 5: Four goals for Florida in last night's game, but Sam Bennett was the conn Smyth Trophy winner for being the playoff MVP had fifteen goals this postseason. Pretty crazy stuff. Shout out to the Panthers and suck in Canada.
Speaker 1: Some great hockey, some great hockey in this series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is Lowes, especially if you were a Florida Panther. Game six of the NBA Finals is going to be tomorrow night. Okay, see is up three to two in that series. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Welcome to TikTok Sports. Everybody sports.
Speaker 2: I hear this song on TikTok all the time, like like the two times a month I'm on TikTok, This t Show, Yeah, the.
Speaker 11: Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, the Bus get to be through ninety four five, the Buzz, Good Morning.
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: On this wild Card Wednesday, MO, you're just you're telling me that Chili Peppers is a top four workout band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, top four.
Speaker 2: Along with if I was paying attention, Beyonce, yes, Chili Peppers, yes, Metallica.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I remember what are the white girls listened to Taylor Swift, Lenny Wilson, Kendrick Lamar was the number one.
Speaker 2: Kendrick Lamar Okay, very good. So those are the workout tunes music blog page today. It's got all kinds of music stories. Saw Willie Nelson no longer smoking the weed. Yeah, father time catches up.
Speaker 1: To all of us.
Speaker 4: She is definitely in love with father Time right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's right.
Speaker 2: I'm on his side what he's doing, and he's doing anything else, but the act of smoking is something that he's Yeah, I was saying, he's not doing the smoking anymore. So this and more on the music blog page today. Hey guys, we're doing a great job. We meaning you are doing an awesome job. Our efforts today are kind of around our friends over at Academy Sports and Outdoors. Who doesn't love Academy Sports and Outdoors. Well, I love him even more now because on their Instagram. If I can get you to follow their Instagram at Academy, I get two dollars.
Speaker 1: They're like ron two dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, if I can motivate twenty five hundred of you, then I'll get five thousand dollars today to go buy backpacks. Over seven hundred of you in homeroom went and followed Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 4: Thank you for doing that math for me, Robert.
Speaker 1: So there are four hours in the show that would be seven.
Speaker 2: Hundred an hour that we would get twenty eight, i'd I'd like to over deliver, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So twenty five is the number that we're going to get.
Speaker 2: The five thousand, of course, I want to deliver more than that and prove to Academy the strength of the Rob Ryan Show audience. You guys are doing a great job, Michelle Meyers said, Rod. I followed Academy on Instagram for you. I made a public post on my Facebook page thanks, telling all my friends to do it, begging my one point nine followers to I guess it's a thousand followers to follow Academy two.
Speaker 1: I'm doing my best to help you guys out. Our girl.
Speaker 2: I bought a shirt, I donated a backpack from your store. I'm doing my part to help you guys out. I love the show, tell Mo welcome to the family, love her a bunch of heart emojis. I can't imagine my weekday mornings without you. Guys, clam power your friend from nacadocius.
Speaker 1: Michelle, She really is.
Speaker 3: I mean I love that.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 2: I would be done fundraising if everybody did what she did. She bought one T shirt, she donated a backpack.
Speaker 4: And she followed academy and tell your friends.
Speaker 1: If everybody did.
Speaker 5: That, I'd be done.
Speaker 2: I can buy the backpacks. Now we can start passing them out. Uh, eternal Interurn, Michelle, she goes. My blind ass just went and followed academy on Instagram.
Speaker 1: She's blind.
Speaker 2: She found her way over to Instagram to follow. She's blind, can't see the hand in front of her face.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: She's now following. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Just go to the second tab, which is the explorer tab type in academy.
Speaker 1: If you're blind, you can't see It's okay. Sometimes the pictures just read it out to you. Okay, she's doing it. She can't see.
Speaker 2: No excuse at the academy on Instagram. Over seven hundred of you have already done it. Great, we're we're ahead, but I need more now. If you're driving, wait till you get to wherever it is you're going, but try to That's why I got to keep reminding you because you know, you get to work and then boom, work hits, and then you got Cliff in the hallway talking about stuff, and you forget, Okay, Sky Mike's talking about this. You forget to get on the Instagram. I'll remind you all day. I don't want you doing this behind the wheel. And I know most of you are listening in the car right now. So Instagram at Academy follow That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it, That's all I need. Today.
Speaker 2: We're gonna come back. We're gonna find out what's trending. We're gonna give the Alice Cooper Judas pret tickets.
Speaker 1: Most got a red check for you. We got all kinds of fun things for you.
Speaker 11: Don't go anyway, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show us.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody. Do Do Do Do, Do Do do. I'm doing math.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for doing that.
Speaker 1: Kids, stay in school. Am I gonna need that? Well?
Speaker 2: I'm doing some adding and subtracting over here, so I know you're gonna need that later in life, because I'm doing it this morning.
Speaker 5: We have.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and seventy four new follows to Academy Sports and Outdoors Instagram account eight hundred and seventy four times two. Now I'm multiplying kids. We have raised one seven hundred and forty eight dollars so far.
Speaker 3: We need Oh, I don't know how much we How do you do that big number minus that number?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it takes a village, that's why it. Yeah, we need more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, I think we're thirty percent of the way there.
Speaker 3: Percentages rot your next level.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what am I talking about at Academy on Instagram. I need to follow I need you to follow them, and that's two dollars. You can see what we've already done. Over eight hundred of you have done this.
Speaker 1: I need more.
Speaker 2: Okay, when it's all said and done today at ten am, I need twenty five hundred of you to follow at Academy on Instagram and then I'll get the full five thousand dollars that they said they would give me for the effect. So it's just another fun way to try to get some money, raise some funds, and it couldn't be easier for you. I'm asking for thirty seconds of your time. Hi, Alex, Hello Rod, could you help us out with what's trending.
Speaker 1: Right well, Academy.
Speaker 5: Because it is Matts Day and everybody like what Rod just said pretty much at Academy on Instagram, go like it if you if you don't like kids, and I guess you wouldn't do that, But I am a big fan of supporting the kids, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean going there. I was one of the first pole to follow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, follow is what we need. That's that's where we get the cake, like the follow. Yes, all right, So Academy is trending, Kaitlyn Clark is trending. She got poked in the eye shoved down.
Speaker 5: It looks like the w NBA is attacking our queen, and I don't like it. I don't like it all.
Speaker 1: Did it look intentional? I didn't see that the poke did the poke did, And I.
Speaker 5: Think I think that the shove kind of wasn't intentional because she stopped and then the pushdown to.
Speaker 1: The ground was intentional. I believe she's the best thing that's ever happened at the WNBA.
Speaker 5: You need to be protected at all costs. It seems that they're doing the exact opposite of that.
Speaker 2: I just can't see the jealousy and stuff. I mean, she's the Indiana fever. Need to get a goon on that team, and they just need to get somebody like, look, we're gonna check you in. When somebody's MESSI with Caitlyn, you're gonna go. You're gonna throw some elbows. You're gonna probably get a couple of texts. But we gotta send a message.
Speaker 1: You need to. They need to get a goon, all right. And Kelsey Grammar is also trending ball bag about it? Baby number eight? How is he seventy years old?
Speaker 5: His wife were girlfriend Kate Walsh is forty six years old?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: I mean that also is ball bags?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know anything else forty five is a geriatric pregnancy. I to that term. But yeah, Kelsey Grammar, congrats baby number eight coming in.
Speaker 2: Ball bags are undefeated ball bags balla defeated undefeated.
Speaker 1: They keep generating, They keep generating.
Speaker 3: The dude, still time, rodd, you can have more kids? No, never know, dude, you know what happened.
Speaker 1: I get shut down. But that's the training and I have to find a bus said it all right, let's give it. Kelsey Grailer, is how old seventy.
Speaker 5: You read.
Speaker 1: Robert Daniro just had a kid, right, he's older. Yeah, it's true, Danil is older. All right, let's talk about these great tickets.
Speaker 9: What do you have?
Speaker 1: What do you have to give away?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets see Alice Cooper and Judice Priest. They're gonna be at the Woodns Pavilion on October twenty six. Tickets are on sale now ticketmaster dot com or if you are caller ten, our phone number is seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Way to go The rod Ryan Show, Good Morning, so on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: I saw Aspring recently posted with Jimmy Kimmels, So I don't keep up on the late night talk shows anymore.
Speaker 3: No, it's waight late.
Speaker 2: That was well not only yeah, of course we're out of business on watching them for no other reason than just they're on late sometimes all live, of course you would, but every day, like you've been doing mornings long enough, that used to be a.
Speaker 3: Story of what happens the night before, and every night you would.
Speaker 2: There was a band on every night between Conan or Letterman or whatever. No, matter what genre, whatever radio station you worked at, you were three and four times a week mentioning one of your bands that was going to be on a show that.
Speaker 4: Was a big deal for them too.
Speaker 1: And they just don't do it like that anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're not on as much, but yeah, Offspring, if they've been, if they were on Kimmel, let me know if you saw it.
Speaker 1: I just again, just that's me. I'm on Instagram this morning. I'm not distracted.
Speaker 3: I am if you're doing math over there, it's hard work.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to keep up on what's going on with Academy. So school's back. Yeah, at Academy. At Academy on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I need you to follow them, Okay, nine hundred of you, nine hundred of you have followed.
Speaker 1: Them this morning. New follows mean money for us to go buy backpacks.
Speaker 2: I get two dollars for every follow this morning, and they got nine hundred new followers to that Instagram account.
Speaker 1: It's easy. It's at Academy. It's so easy. Thank you man. So many people have gone out of the way to tell me hate Rod. I'm just let you know. I did it. I did it. I can see I can see. Man, I'm so happy. Uh it's seven thirty two. Good morning, Rot Ryan Show, Morning, good morning. Who's this mister? Shara?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Shara? What animals? Poof? Is Cube Show? Oh no that was last hour, that's not this hour. Yes, that's no, no, no, I guess you just call her ten.
Speaker 3: That's well you should follow academy. Oh yeah, just because you're a good human.
Speaker 1: Your call her ten? Hook her up? Please?
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're sure you're going to see Alice Cooper and Judas Priests. Congratulations, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: Octamber twenty six Woodland's Pavilion tickets on sale now at ticketmester dot com. But sure you don't have to worry about that, and you're going.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Oh man, thank you? Are you? Are you on Instagram? Do you have that app on your phone?
Speaker 2: Shara? I don't, but when I get to work, I'm going to reactivate it, follow and.
Speaker 4: Then go from that.
Speaker 1: Oh my angel, you are so love that about you. Thank you, Thank you, Sharatte.
Speaker 2: Okay, leather up, leather up, Alice Cooper, Judas Priest. Okay, get out your best leathers with the studs on them.
Speaker 1: October twenty sixth I'll see you over there. Okay, all right, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Sara.
Speaker 1: Good you get a wear the bondage gear to that one.
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this recipe existed only because of this story, but now that I see that, there is some recipes and it's very easily searched by a quick Google search. A tequila marinated turkey Okay, talk to me.
Speaker 1: The only reason why to bring this up is because you and you're weirdo tequila feed.
Speaker 2: A tequila marinated turkey almost turned burned down in a complete apartment build in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: This happened on Sunday.
Speaker 2: It had been in the oven for about eight minutes when they called nine to one one after the oven door blew open.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a bad oven.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The person cooking it had marinated the turkey, the whole turkey in tequila.
Speaker 1: You can do a quick Google search. It's the thing. Firefighters showed up.
Speaker 2: They used a thermal camera to check out the oven and they opened the door and these blue flame.
Speaker 1: Shot out of it.
Speaker 2: There was so much booze in the turkey that the vapors accumulated in the oven.
Speaker 1: And they think they just weren't inventing enough and it became.
Speaker 2: Explosive, and then it was exposed to oxygen and then boom goes to dynamite. Right. They ended up removing the entire oven from the person's apartment. Thankfully, it did not start a huge fire.
Speaker 1: No one was hurt. A tequila soak turkey. It's not necessary, but it's not necessary.
Speaker 3: Lime on it.
Speaker 5: Maybe some like I don't know machine, I don't know literally lived unless you said some random thing.
Speaker 1: You'll be amazed at what you will find when you google this. There's a ton of all. It sounds completely too dangerous to even try. The rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz Reicky Benjamin and Awaken.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rob Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 2: Thanks for working with us on some of these things that we do. Today's ask of you.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm so needy. I'm acting you guys.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you guys to follow Academy Sports and Outdoors on Instagram. You find them by going by typing in at Academy blue follow button Boom two dollars just like that. Okay, we're coming up on almost a thousand of you that have done it already.
Speaker 1: This morning, I can't thank you enough. I got DJ in Huntsville. He's on vacation Vegas. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's listening on the iHeart app. He goes.
Speaker 2: I'm on vacation up in Dallas right now. Don't say anything. He's helping it out, he goes. I followed academy and I hope to hit up the store soon to help the kids. Love what you do for the kids who may not have the means much respect. So DJ in hunts Vegas on vacation listening on the iHeart app. Didn't drop us right it's on vacation and listen.
Speaker 1: Thank you and still and followed.
Speaker 2: Took thirty seconds to follow Academy this morning Ashley with and I said, Offspring were on Jimmy Kimmel last night. Oh really yeah, I have to go back and check that out.
Speaker 1: Am I just not following enough.
Speaker 2: Charlie Day the Pixies are the musical act on Jimmy Kimmel tonight, and Colbert has the rock band Model on model or roll model model astras actres model actress.
Speaker 1: I don't know that band. I don't know that band.
Speaker 2: Colbert Colbert going out early on them and Jimmy Fallon has us a repeat.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess they still have music.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just like anything. There's so much like TikTok stars and everything else that are probably on these shows.
Speaker 3: We know Mark and Kelly they have artists. Every once in a while, we watched them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we kind of have the TV on in the background here and I every now and then I'll look at these guys and I'll see, you know, they're interviewing somebody, and I said.
Speaker 1: Does anyone know who that is?
Speaker 2: There's so many different shows and platforms and apps and everything.
Speaker 1: There's just so many more. There's more famous people now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Quote when I say famous, they're on some show that they're out promoting. Before, when you turned on a show like that, even Kelly Rippa, you would at least recognize every single person that was being interviewed.
Speaker 3: Now we don't know half the people that identify yourself because they're on.
Speaker 2: Some Hulu show that you know that we haven't heard of, or we just don't know. The people that love the show love that person.
Speaker 1: I'm sure of it. So all right, thank you. At Academy. It's National Fishing day. Really is that trending? I don't know if that's just not okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know it's because they're on the water, they're not Tweeting's all right?
Speaker 1: Today is National Fishing Day. Anybody fishing today, shout out, Dug Pik. I want to see some fishing pictures later. We'll talk about that with Chili Easton's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 4: The Morning Show six AM ninety four or.
Speaker 2: Five ninety four or five Buzz twenty one Pilots and Heathens.
Speaker 1: We had a world premiere of a brand new twenty one Pilot song. I don't know. It was kind of met with like a fifty to fifty reaction. I don't know what Radio Wizard's gonna do with that. It's twenty one Pilots. There's no denying that they're a huge band.
Speaker 6: I like the song.
Speaker 1: I thought it was good.
Speaker 2: It was busy, but I still think it was overall it was a decent song. You'll see what we end up doing with that here on ninety four or five to the bus.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, and I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 2: I'll get an update on how you are doing shortly after eight o'clock. You are being asked to follow at Academy on Instagram today.
Speaker 1: The follow is key.
Speaker 2: I get two dollars for every new follow today on the Academy Sports and Outdoors Instagram. If I get twenty five hundred of you to follow, I'll get five thousand dollars. I can go buy backpacks full of school supplies. We can give those the kids that need them here in the Houston area, working with our friends at Houston Children's Charity again. So update coming after eight. It's seven fifty four. Good morning morning. What you got Houston's headlines is scary times right now. It is.
Speaker 3: President Trump met with his top advisors in the White House Situation Room yesterday. As US officials said, the next twenty four to forty eight hours are going to be critical in deciding whether a diplomatic solution with Iran as possible or if military action might be needed instead. Trump increased his tough talk against Iran, claiming the US knew exactly where Iran's leader was hiding. He was an easy target, but they said they wouldn't kill him, at least not for now. Trump also claimed the US had complete and total control of diskuies over Iran and warned that American patience was wearing fin Also, President Trump today signing an order giving Tiktok' to Chinese owner ninety more days to sell the famous app.
Speaker 1: They're never going to sell.
Speaker 4: This is the third extension.
Speaker 1: They're not going to sell.
Speaker 3: Trump said. The extra time should let a US buyer finish a deal that protects Americans data without the sale. A law upheld by the Supreme Court could force TikTok to shut.
Speaker 4: Down in the United States.
Speaker 3: All my coffee drinkers years, coffee lowers your risk of death, but there is a catch. A new study shows that drinking caffeinated coffee daily is associated with a lower risk of death, particularly from lack heart issues, so cardiovascular health. But that's only if you don't drawn it in cream and sugar.
Speaker 1: Oh Alex, you're gonna live forever.
Speaker 4: Maybe you drink black coffee, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nothing in it, but just get done, get it down. Yeah, I don't want to have another cup of coffee. I want to like one and done it. Get done and get the effect that coffee give.
Speaker 10: And you're a fairly new coffee drinker like me, Like the last night. Yeah, since I've been on this show ten years not full tech.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, you would. You didn't drink coffee one years in. I was like, all right, I should probably do something. So is your Is it for health reasons? Not at all. You've told me before they don't sleep. So it's like, all right, I need caffeine. You don't want to put a little cream and sugar in it?
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to enjoy it, Okay, I mean I'm trying to enjoy it. Just started drinking when I had children and they ruin your life.
Speaker 1: And you're new to coffee as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah past four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a four year I've been drinking coffee about four years now since the panty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't really enjoy it, but I do try to spice it up a little bit so I can get it down.
Speaker 2: And you've done mornings a long time. So that's a weird thing that you didn't drink coffee. It was weird for all of us not to drink coffee.
Speaker 3: Maybe we need more and let's maybe try to be like Alex black coffee, only it's gonna make us live longer.
Speaker 1: What do you put in yours?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: It's flavored right now? So it's like a Hermel cold brew something my chiato.
Speaker 5: I don't know it is.
Speaker 3: I buy it by the bottle. Okay, bougie, it's better than going to the store. Let's talk about Harold and Kumar.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know those movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're stoner movies.
Speaker 3: Right, they're fun.
Speaker 1: I mean they're fun.
Speaker 3: Someone is liking them because there's a new one in the works after fourteen years. Yes, the main guys are coming back.
Speaker 4: No word on Neil.
Speaker 3: Patrick Harris, which I know people love his character. This will be the fourth Harold in Tumar movie. No word on the plot, but they did say, quote, it's high time Harold and Kumar puff and passed their wisdom onto this next new generation.
Speaker 1: Is it the Long Beach dub All Stars? Oh, they were on that. We could forget.
Speaker 2: Harold and Kumar. I think the original soundtrack really yeah? Did they go to White Castle?
Speaker 3: Maybe that was the two thousand and four one.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not a bad movie, but there's nothing that screams Okay, this is going to.
Speaker 1: Be a franchise, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Now it's the fourth That's what.
Speaker 1: I think is weird that they've made this many.
Speaker 5: Of them amazing scream that either, though, Like I feel like it's one of those where like, all right, oh watch your twin. I'm not hating on it, but it's like that's that's a stony movie where you're like, did we did we need a single?
Speaker 1: Probably not, but you watched it. So that's that's exactly what they're doing here, teaching Jong.
Speaker 2: We're kind of doing that stoner thing when nobody was doing it. I got in a movie, you know what I mean. So they kind of did break some ground the movies that they did. I mean, it's real easy to say no Harold and Kumar without cheating charm easy.
Speaker 1: Oh easy, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: But I mean, what's the what's the what's the big stoner movie with Chappelle and Jim Brewer and Jim Brewer they should have made They should have made four of those.
Speaker 1: No, they shouldn't have. They didn't need to.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying if there was ever a stoner movie, it was gonna be big. Think that if there was a stoner movie that was going to be a franchise. Half baked way over Harold and Kumar.
Speaker 5: Maybe, like if they made another Pineapple Expressive, we don't need another one.
Speaker 1: It was great. I liked it. I'm surprised they didn't make a second one of that. Yeah, it could have ruined it. What's Ozzy Osbourne up to? Ozzy, what's Ozzy's DNA up to?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's still alive. That's great news. Okay, he's partnered with Liquid Death, so the drink company that has the motto murder your thirst depth to plastic. So it's obvious that they picked Ozzy Osbourne. But they're selling four hundred and fifty dollars cans of his DNA.
Speaker 1: Well kind of right. Ice were on those cans, iced.
Speaker 3: Tea cans that they say contain Ozzy Osborne's DNA.
Speaker 1: What kind of DNA?
Speaker 4: I didn't want to ask.
Speaker 1: I think he just drank them. And then they saved the cans that he did.
Speaker 3: They're empty. You're right, there's only ten of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he has like garbage.
Speaker 3: They basically because his lips touched it.
Speaker 2: They told Sharon don't throw away ten cans. We're gonna put them up on the auction blocks.
Speaker 3: And what Sharon said, don't go.
Speaker 1: To sell them. She's like, okay, I'll do it for eighty five percent of the profits you.
Speaker 3: Need the new hand bag.
Speaker 1: I will do that over.
Speaker 2: These are these are cans of liquid death that Ozzie drank out of that sold out.
Speaker 3: They already sold out. People bought them four hundred and fifty dollars each sold out immediately.
Speaker 2: Now does anyone anybody that bought those cans have the means to go and scrape the DNA off of the spout for those to try to clone Ozzie.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you have four hundred and fifty dollars to buy an empty can, then you probably have a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Some doctor could do it, the same guy that's trying to clone Sydney Sweeney from the bath Water.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey those since that fun?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: Astros win. Yeah, they beat the As.
Speaker 5: Thirteen to three last night, and they're gonna play them again tonight. Framber Valdesi be in the mount for the Stros, going up against the Athletics. Luis Severino first pitches at nine oh five. You can listen to it on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty k t H. At the College World Series, LSU beat UCLA nine to five yesterday in a resumed rain delay game Louisville then eliminated Oregon State and Arkansas then beat UCLA to eliminate them. In hockey for the second year in a row, the Florida Panthers are Stanley Cup champions. They beat the Oilers five to one last night in Game six of the Stanley Cup Final to win the series four games. So Sam Reinhart scored four goals for Florida in last night's game, but Sam Bennett for the Panthers was the Con Smyth Trophy winner, being the playoff MVP with fifteen goals in the postseason. Fun fact I shared with you already, but an American team as well a CFL championship more recently than a Canadian team has won an NHL championship.
Speaker 1: That's a crazy fact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the nineteen ninety five Baltimore Stallions. Then they went out and then they were just defunct after that.
Speaker 2: So one year of the CFL there was an American team that played several American teams.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that they had like.
Speaker 5: A San Antonio team. I think they had a shreve Court team now. But we are better at football and hockey than Canada now, So there you go.
Speaker 2: I know you got this song from Instagram, reels and TikTok. What video owns this though? What video comes to mind? Just any of the American Yeah, they could be water.
Speaker 1: Skiing, they could be doing anything during the Four Nations whenever, like it would be a goal, they would play this on.
Speaker 2: Does the the video that I'm thinking of where you have a guy kind of wearing not a suit, but he's wearing pants and a vest. He's got gray hair and two guys are boxing him at the same time.
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is this a song that's playing.
Speaker 8: In my head?
Speaker 5: It's still hockey eized, but I've seen that one and that one plays that one plays into it. But yeah, we got Game six of the NBA Finals. It's tomorrow and I but that's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rock and Alternative Fair. Use to the rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: Home on ninety four five buzz Incubus Stellar rod Ryan's show on this wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: That's our number one link today.
Speaker 2: I believe Chile has something up on links and guests kind of explaining if you needed any extra further explanation on the Academy Sports and Outdoors efforts this morning it's real simple. I'm just trying to get you to follow Academy on Instagram and that's it's at Academy on ig here's the numbers. One and three of you have followed them this morning. I need twenty five hundred and we're done. I get the five thousand dollars. They said, if you can get me twenty five hundred new follows on Academy Academy's Instagram, I'll give you the five grant.
Speaker 1: And this is coming from the Academy people, and I'm like, I think we can do that. We're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it. I mean, what do we need seven hundred more and we're gonna be there. So if I get seven hundred more of you fired up, we did seven hundred in homeroom, so we should be able to do it by the end of this hour. It's real simple. I'm asking you, nobody behind the wheel, nobody behind the wheel of their car wait till you get into work to do this.
Speaker 1: But I'm asking you.
Speaker 2: We did it this morning. We did it the first break when we first came on MO. It took you thirty two seconds to bring up your phone, punch in your little code to get in there. Go to Instagram, look up academy, and follow. I think it was thirty two seconds.
Speaker 3: Pretty easy.
Speaker 2: I'm asking that of each and every one of you today. I don't want to get more than that. I'd like to get a little more than i'd like. I like to over over deliver, under promise, over deliver, over promise, under deliver. If you don't want to do that, want to under you know you want to. I want to over deliver.
Speaker 4: Sip to the math math that's really where you shy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So if I can get about seven hundred of you fired up this morning to spend thirty seconds on following at Academy on Instagram, you can help us by getting five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: What do we do with that money? Party? What else?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, We'll use that to go buy backpacks full of school supplies. And that's just cash money, you know, like all these T shirts and the hats and the koozies and all the stuff that we're selling. I do got to back out the cost of those things. But I mean, BMP, everybody over there, they give me such a great deal.
Speaker 1: On that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, I got to it, I back out a minimal amount of money, So most of the money when you're buying a T shirt and stuff is going towards backpacks. But I've told you this before, and I don't like to get into the dirtiness of all this stuff. Behind the scenes, there still needs to be a little man working the levers behind the curtain and see everything, right. But that little man is charging me more money for those backpacks. Now, that's I mean, what I mean, We've been doing sixteen years. What hasn't gone up in sixteen years? Can you imagine those twenty dollars backpacks. I'm telling you they're over thirty.
Speaker 1: Bucks now, you know.
Speaker 4: It's just how they still need them. They need them more than ever, and.
Speaker 2: We're still getting the We're still getting the best deal on those backpacks.
Speaker 1: Okay. I mean it's not like I'm not even mad at the supplier where we get the backpacks from.
Speaker 2: But every single thing in those backpacks. The pencils are more, the protractors are more. Okay, the paper and the binders and everything that comes in these backpacks, every single item.
Speaker 1: In there costs more.
Speaker 2: Included in there, the backpacks themselves cost more, So I need more money.
Speaker 1: So I know it's money, money, money, money with this guy.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of kids out there that are not going to be able to start out the school year with just the basic supplies. Okay, when you're a kid, if you were like me at all, all you want to do is fit in. I didn't have the nicest anything. I didn't have the nice not one thing was the nicest, but we at least had what we needed. And I don't know how my mom got it done.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I still to this day, I don't know how she got it done. But we never went without. We didn't have the nicest anything, but we still had the basics. And there's people out there that don't have the basics. And there's a lot of teachers that are buying this stuff out of their pockets and hooking kids up, you know, and you're doing it on the side too, because kids don't want to be noticed. So I was always asked like, why did you give away these cool rod Ryan's show ninety four to five, the buzz backpacks. It's like I didn't want the backpacks to stand out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't want to. Oh that's one of those rod Ryan show free backpacks. We never did that.
Speaker 2: We just wanted the kid to get a backpack and just blend in with everybody. That's how I lived my life when I was a kid. Just if I blended in, I was fine.
Speaker 1: So that's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 2: At Academy on Instagram A follow, That's what I'm asking for today, and then you know I've never done. Go in the store, go buy some T shirts, Go buy some of that stuff that would help us out. And you can donate money right there too. On the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. There's a story on the music blog page talking about all these masked bands. Yes, sleep Token just had a number one album. You're like, who the hell is sleep Token?
Speaker 1: People know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, but a message these creepy masks. Yeah, you can't buy tickets to their shows.
Speaker 2: No, So Ghost is one of these bands. Real theatrical. There's a renaissance of this going on right now. Go check out that story on the music blog page and we'll hook you up with one of the greats that is leading the.
Speaker 1: Charge right now.
Speaker 2: Not the first to do it, but boy, they're doing it bigger than just about anybody right now ghost tickets on the flip of this break of Rock and al.
Speaker 1: Tear Morning Show. I'm six to ten am. Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, not only I mean listen always. Thank you for listening, joining us in the morning, hanging out with us. That's all we'd ask. But then it's not all we ask. Sometimes we ask you to do some other things.
Speaker 1: O god, things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, not a lot, but you know today I'm asking for an extra thirty seconds of your time to follow Academy Sports and Outdoors on the Instagram. It's at Academy. A follow is what we're looking for. And if we can get twenty five hundred of you to do this, then you know what we're gonna get five thousand dollars to go buy backpacks.
Speaker 1: That's an awesome thing.
Speaker 2: Academy Sports and Outdoors love you mean it when I say it, and everybody that has going out and and done this for us.
Speaker 1: Yo, Alex, Hello, what's trending? Well?
Speaker 5: Wildcard Wednesday is trending? Ali Lynn was submitted to us by an anonymous listener.
Speaker 1: I gotta go look right now. I'm so busy. I'm so busy at work, get checking her out? The world famous rod Ryan shape to the buzz dot com. Okay. Then we got the Stanley Cup Final trending.
Speaker 5: The Florida Panthers are back to back champions being the Edmonton Oilers last night, too secure, not a second straight title, not.
Speaker 2: Like a specific number, but I mean, was it eighty percent of the team that was on the team last year this year? Yeah?
Speaker 1: A lot of it? Yeah, okay? And then ocean Gate is trending.
Speaker 5: Today is the two year anniversary of the ocean Gate submarine that imploded when trying to visit the wreckage of the Titanic.
Speaker 1: Are you both watching this documentary that I'm not watching?
Speaker 4: It was a fast watch.
Speaker 5: It's like almost it's not even two hours. It's called titan I think on Netflix. But yeah, I've watched it and it's pretty.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: It just makes you mad at the guy that was behind it. Is this the one that had like a video game controller?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Stockton Rush was the CEO and the guy that he died in the whole thing.
Speaker 2: But rich people paid money to go in this sardine can to go down and look at the Titanic?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And how many times that there was like problems with it when they were testing it out, and like that it wasn't a matter of if it was going to happen, it was a matter of when it will happen.
Speaker 1: And there was a father and son on there and son. Yeah, I remember some of this.
Speaker 5: You know, it's the two year anniversary of that, and it feels like it was. Honestly, it felt like it was a lot longer than two years.
Speaker 1: But the documentary you both say, it's got What do you say about the documentary?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 4: I know, I watched nothing. My girlfriends were like, hey, we want to watch this. I was like, let's do it. And I couldn't get enough of it.
Speaker 10: Okay, And it's two episodes, no one, just one and so like an hour and forty five minutes or something like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, and you you it's not to stay in the world, but like it's interesting. Wow, it is wild that they still took that down.
Speaker 1: So sad, very sad. I can't take myself out of it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to keep it light tight and bright the whole thing about that story, and that's why I brought it up. The things that I remember about it I remember a father and a son, and I can only imagine the dad likes doing this experience with his kid, want to do something cool, and then it's some point in there they're like, this thing ain't gonna make it, and that dad what he must have felt like, I cannot believe I put my kid in harm's way.
Speaker 1: I don't take that. I don't take the approach.
Speaker 2: And I know there's people out there like, well, that stupid dad shouldn't have done. Know that dad was trying to do something and like show off and take his kid on this unbelievable experience. And what he must have felt thinking that, Oh my gosh, I'm responsible for this. I can't even the father's guilt has it makes me barf?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why it'll make It'll make you mad when you watch it. Yeah, it's it's pretty well done. Okay, all right, let's where can I Where can I watch the Dog Netflix flick? Okay, thank you, thank you flicks. Okay, let's give away some tickets to one of these masked bands that are.
Speaker 3: So hot, right, yeah, because Ghost is coming to the Toyta Center. It's their Skeletor World two or twenty twenty five, August sixteenth. Tickets on sale Nowtoyita Center dot com. Or if your callar ten, all you gotta do is call seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you calling.
Speaker 2: For those and then everyone else Academy Sports and Outdoors. I need to follow on the gram at Academy so that we can reach our five thousand dollars goal. This morning here Stained ninety four five in the bus, ninety four five, the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan show Stained and outside, let's go over to the folks here.
Speaker 1: Good morning, who we got? Good morning?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: What's your name? Thomas Thomas? Your caller number ten? Hook up Thomas.
Speaker 3: Please, we would love to have you at the Ghost Skeletor World Tour twenty twenty five. Hopefully you're available on sixteenth. Toyta Center. Tickets on sale Towyter Center dot com. Yes, sir, I will.
Speaker 1: Brother, Yeah, thank you very much, Thank you, Thomas Thomas. Do you on Instagram? You know I'm going to beat you up on this? Are you on Instagram?
Speaker 6: I am grabbing an eighteen winner down a highway ride down carrying ninety thousand pounds.
Speaker 1: I will hit it when I hit the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't man, I don't want anybody. I don't want anyone doing it behind the wheel. But yeah, when you get a moment, if you can get over. Whenever you pull over and you take a ten twenty, do I have that right?
Speaker 1: Do you need to take a ten? Ten one hundred? Sorry? Is it ten one hundred? Is it poop? Is a bathroom break? Bathroom break?
Speaker 5: Yes? Or yeah?
Speaker 1: Like you know, ten four means you're okay.
Speaker 2: But at ten hundred when you pull over, Yeah, when you pull over for a ten one hundred, then get out the Instagram and follow at Academy and then that'll be two bucks.
Speaker 1: You can pay me back for those ghost tickets.
Speaker 6: All right, you got it man, all day and I will I will tell everybody else hit them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, are you in that rig right now? Yes, sir, I'm doing the arm thing. Can you do the horn? Just want I'm doing the arm thing?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I see you, I see you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thomas, I.
Speaker 2: Love I knew it was a ten something Thomas. All right, Well that's gonna be. It's gonna happen. So that's another person following. I know what's gonna happen. When he when he pulls over to do his thing. I need twenty five hundred of you. I haven't gotten the latest account. I'll get that from Chili coming up very soon. He's got up all the links now, and I got three things you must see, which I don't bring up that much. And I always bring up the fact that I don't bring it up much when I do bring it up. But this lady, she kind of reminded me of my mom.
Speaker 1: My mom went off the rails.
Speaker 2: It started with fifty Shades of Gray. My mom read fifty Shades of Gray, and then and then she read it eighty times. Okay, okay, I think my mom's read that book eighty times, like all those series and stuff.
Speaker 3: Once you read it once, it's still the same.
Speaker 2: And then Chili's wife, Miss Christina, just started sending her mom porn.
Speaker 1: My mom, My mom's reading the most evil, nasty ass.
Speaker 4: And job, your mom deserves a nice novel.
Speaker 1: And then I think it was my friend Lisa that sent me.
Speaker 2: I don't know why she was on this, but she goes, look who liked this post, and it was like Bob's boner gams or something on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Mom, you see you do I have to warn my mother about liking things?
Speaker 2: You know, when you see your friends that like stuff and you judge, sure, why were you on that?
Speaker 1: And she goes, but look at the screencap Irene's following this guy.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you gotta tell your parents.
Speaker 1: He does pushups in his della with his panties on.
Speaker 3: What made you think of this?
Speaker 2: Because this old lady in the UK, her name is Gwyneth. She just turned one hundred and two. All she wanted for her birthday was a stripper, and so the retirement home set of course, yes, why not? I mean, what a difference between male and female strippers? It's just there's just difference. Yeah, like rob, what's the difference, don't worry about it. It's different. It's just different. Girls sit around a giggle and they laugh at it. Her son says, she used to be a little bit more buttoned up, but she's become a lot wilder in her old age. He does say that there's just a touch of a touch of dementia there, but that's what she wanted, okay, So he said her personality has changed a little bit.
Speaker 1: She got super horned up in her older age.
Speaker 3: And I've heard that about like a homes Yeah right, yeah, there's a lot of that going there together.
Speaker 1: I don't talking about that. My mom's gonna play. I don't know. Oh no, all right.
Speaker 2: So three things you must see today Gwyneth one hundred and two years old and her stripper friend. That's headlining three things. So lots of stuff for the gals this week. Chris Maloney's butt yesterday and whatever his name.
Speaker 4: Is, Brad Pitt's brother earlier this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, listen, I'm written by women. Thank you, Rod Ryan. Show the buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The buzz that's Lincoln Park up from the bottom. What were they using during the Stanley Cup during the breaks heavy as the Crown? Yeah, they were using I saw that watching some of the Stanley Cup. By the way, Stanley Cup, it was a pretty huge win.
Speaker 1: It was five to one.
Speaker 2: Florida Panthers won their second straight Stanley Cup. But going in and out of commercials, they would show like highlights and stuff, and they would they were showing Lincoln Park too. They were kind of interworking them with the hockey highlights and have you as the crown. She's it sounded so awesome with hockey highlights all those Lincoln Park songs, I mean, they all work for me.
Speaker 1: And then he sports highlights at all. All right, guys, I'm waiting for another update. I got an update coming soon.
Speaker 2: Academy Sports and Outdoors at Academy on Instagram.
Speaker 1: So many of you Tim, thank you.
Speaker 2: He's like, man, I got to summer school and I started following academy.
Speaker 1: So he waited. Tim waited till he got to where he's going. He's a team Sure, this is the one they called Tim.
Speaker 2: It's so awesome how the rod Ryan Show helps out kids every year. As a teacher, all I can say is, thank you so much for doing this for the students who need help with supplies. Yes, the rod Ryan Show does care, improves it every year. Have a great long weekend, you guys. Wait a minute, I'm sorry, I'm choking.
Speaker 4: Did you want to Carot?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: He he actually he actually typed out, have a great long weekend. You guys deserve it. Eli, did you hear that he actually said have a nice long weekend? He didn't balls?
Speaker 4: Oh is he usually mad?
Speaker 1: And we had a good long weekend? Oh my god, it's all the goodness you gets her off again. These chuckle hands. Thank you, Tim Houston, Houston's Alternative All Day.
Speaker 2: And the Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five, The Bus thirty four or five, The Buzz Whipping out the Bush, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 6: I need.
Speaker 2: I needed just over two hundred more likes and we're there. What am I talking about all morning long? At Academy on Instagram? I need you to follow them. I need two hundred more follows. And I'm going to get the five thousand dollars that Academy Sports and Outdoors has offered up to us so that we can go off buy some backpacks full of school supplies for the kiddos.
Speaker 1: So we'll update that and we'll do all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: That songs got me a little behind ten percent chance of rand party, cloudy high of ninety two.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go mo. Here's his headlines please.
Speaker 3: President Trump met with his top advisors in the White House Situation Room yesterday afternoon. As US official said, the next twenty four to forty eight hours would be the most critical in deciding whether a diplomatic solution with Iran as possible or if military action might be needed instead. Trump increased his tough talk against Iran, claiming the US knew exactly where I leader was hiding, and Trump broughte on social media that the leader was quote an easy target, but said they wouldn't kill him, at least not for now. Trump also claimed the US had complete and total control over the skies over Iran and warned that American patients was wearing thin. Former President Joe Biden might be a special guest at a Juneteenth celebration on Galveston Island. It wasn't clear which celebration Biden would attend or if he's going to be speaking at an event, but the Galveston Police Department requested assistance from the Galveston County Sheriff's Department because dignitaries were coming in for the events and Joe Biden's name was mentioned. It makes sense because Biden made Juneteenth the federal holiday in twenty twenty one, and Juneteenth events are planned for the entire weekend surrounding the date.
Speaker 4: Who's on your workout playlist?
Speaker 1: Mettle Yeah Metal, a workout.
Speaker 3: Weight loss app, surveyed their thousands of users and found the top five artists to work out out too.
Speaker 4: Kendrick Lamar was number one.
Speaker 3: Metallica number two, t Swift number three, Red Hot Chili Peppers number four, and number five was Beyonce. There's no question that music increases your motivation. Rock music was voted the most motivating genre, and metal and electronic listeners worked out the longest.
Speaker 1: Metals people used to just work out with, like nothing like.
Speaker 3: Com weird to think about dog gonna work out?
Speaker 1: You just had to go run?
Speaker 5: Like that?
Speaker 9: Was it?
Speaker 1: Do people? Rusty product?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: When people listen to podcasts? Can you Can you listen to a podcast and workout?
Speaker 5: I have before, but like as count trying to do that and stuff like if you're like paying attention, yeah, if you're trying to do reps of anything, I always like lose track of it.
Speaker 1: But I've gone running and just thrown in one and listen to that. Yeah, I thought about like sometimes it'll make you laugh and and it throws you off though, Like listen to every single thing on my iPad or iPod.
Speaker 5: Us A really great running companions.
Speaker 1: You think, all right, I'm gonna trye say we're the best podcast in the world.
Speaker 4: I listen in the shower. Alex, thank you, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: We got a shout out to Toro, the Houston Texans beloved mascot. He's been inducted in the Mascot Hall of Fame. It's part of the Class of twenty twenty five, and our Dud's honor was announced on freaking Good Morning America yesterday. We watched he looks So good. Over two point five million combined followers, countless viral videos. The guy is the most followed and recognizable mascot in professional sports, and now he has this Hall of Fame title to match that game day swagger. And he doesn't just have the love of folks, he also is busting his booty with over four hundred appearances a year, and he won the highest number of votes from both fans and the committee.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, Toro.
Speaker 3: We're gonna celebrate Toro during a halftime at one of the home games in the Falls.
Speaker 1: That's exciting, legend.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's talk about masked bands because they're trending. We know Ghosts, We Sleep Token. They both released albums this year that debuted at number one on the Billboard two hundred. But that led to the question and follow ups. Mass bands aren't a new thing. This isn't new technically they trace them back to the theatrical rock stars. So they talk about like Alice Cooper, David Bowie Kiss and then they talk about bands wearing.
Speaker 4: Actual masks like gar Yeah, they say they might have been the.
Speaker 1: First they do. Yeah, I wonder if they were the first bands wear masks. I don't know. Yeah, I guess they weren't full body.
Speaker 2: Costumes and everything. I mean, they really went like way above and beyond. This is sleep token right now. You see these masks and they're super scary, and then you go listen to the music. It's not as scary as the mask. Go look at this guy's mask.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows who he is. So why you'd think it's gonna be like Satan metal, you know, rip your heart out of your chest? Yeah, it's this first Satan Think of this number one album?
Speaker 4: Please, master bands. Those are Houston's headlines, all.
Speaker 1: Right, what you got?
Speaker 5: Well, the Astros gotta win. Last night they blew out the A's thirteen to three. They're going to play them again tonight. Framber valdez't be on the mound for the Stros going up against the Athletics. Luis Savarino first pitches at nine oh five. You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: To ninety, News Radio seven forty eight.
Speaker 5: Her eight of the College World Series, LSU beat UCLA nine to five Louisville and eliminated Oregon State, and Arkansas took out UCLA in hockey for the whoa oh, that's not that song, dude, Sorry, bro, thank you, he needs his TikTok champanthem. For the second year in a row, the Florida Panthers were Stanley Cup champions.
Speaker 1: They beat the Oilers five.
Speaker 5: To one last night in Game six of the Stanley Cup Final to win the series four games to to Sam Reinhart scored four goals last night for Florida, but Sam Bennett was the winner of the con smythe trophy that goes to the playoff MVP. He had fifteen goals this postseason and America once again retains the Cup instead of Canada. We got the sixth game of the NBA Finals tomorrow night. Okay, see's up in that one three games to two. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 9: Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's show, White Stripe, seven Nation Army, and we are in the nine o'clock hour, our fourth and final hour together.
Speaker 1: And there's just a little bit of work that needs to be done still.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm talking about our work this morning with Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 1: We need I got two hundred and sixty two dollars on the table. Half of that one thirty one. I need a hundred and thirty one of you to go in.
Speaker 2: That's how that's where one thirty two, three hundred and sixty nine Alex I got.
Speaker 1: I need one hundred and thirty one.
Speaker 2: More of you to go in and follow Academy Sports and Outdoors on Instagram at Academy.
Speaker 1: It's real simple.
Speaker 2: I get one hundred and thirty one of you to do this that hasn't already done it. Boom, we get the five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's another five k.
Speaker 2: We go and buy backpacks full of school supplies for the kiddos. Okay, so this is going to be the easiest thing that we ask of you during our our summer efforts to I think it.
Speaker 1: Really will be. Out of everything. I don't have every single week planned out yet.
Speaker 2: But out of everything that I think I'm going to ask of you this summer to try to bring in like some big sponsors, I think this is going to be the easiest.
Speaker 1: One thirty two seconds.
Speaker 2: It took Mo to whip out her phone, get into Instagram, go to academy and follow the page was It was just under thirty two seconds.
Speaker 3: Not everyone might be as fast as me, but that's okay, right right, right, right right. All you got to do is follow, and if you need some help, let us know.
Speaker 1: We'll help you out.
Speaker 4: Follow.
Speaker 1: Let's get this over with, one hundred and thirty one of you. I need you to do this for me.
Speaker 3: Please, thank you.
Speaker 1: How about this, Chips? Do I have your attention now?
Speaker 3: Yes, anytime you talk about food, I'm listening.
Speaker 2: Chips Lais announced the winner. They were doing that Do us a Flavor Contest?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I love this contest.
Speaker 2: They give somebody a million dollars if they come up with the flavor that they choose to go.
Speaker 5: Withe Juice and Mass Producer.
Speaker 1: What was it wrong with paste and orange juice? That's what I submended Toothpaste and orange juice did not win this year.
Speaker 3: Talk slowly and tell me what the winner was.
Speaker 2: Bacon grilled cheese flavored potato chips won the one million dollar prize. That makes sense, Bacon and grilled cheese flavored potato chip.
Speaker 1: Sign my ass up for that.
Speaker 4: I'm skeptical.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 5: What? What?
Speaker 9: What? That?
Speaker 1: I thought you a sister of the chip who.
Speaker 4: I just don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they get the bacon flavor wrong when it's done artificially.
Speaker 4: So much, I'm skeptical about their bacon flavor.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try.
Speaker 2: You bring you bring me in something that says it's bacon flavored, something that you don't feel taste good?
Speaker 1: Yes, I will you bring that into us.
Speaker 4: It's like the banana flavor. It can go so wrong. It can't.
Speaker 1: It's I think banana can berry. Thank you. I think banana can berry.
Speaker 4: That's what bacon is for me, varying if.
Speaker 1: It just says bacon. I think my brain is programmed to think that it's awesome.
Speaker 3: You don't think about dog treats. Uh No, Sometimes I think about dog treats.
Speaker 1: Bacon strips, Yeah, but strips a delicious street. They smell awesome smell.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what's in my brain?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: That poor guy that emailed me and asked me what time am I giving away offering tickets?
Speaker 1: I said that we would give them away at nine ten. It is now ninth.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, come on, we're talking about Bacon. Offspring is going to be here with Jimmy World of Newfound Glory. It's a Supercharged worldwide in twenty five tour Woodlands August twenty third. All you gotta do is be caller ten right now seven one three two one two five nine four five Let's go Houston Rock and.
Speaker 11: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz. All right, welcome back everybody, Rob Ryan Show. On this wild card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I've seen upping over a ten percent chance of rain today partday, cloudy high of ninety.
Speaker 9: Two online Kid's Alix online five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Alex, I hit that my trigger fingers working quicker than my mouth.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Hey, good morning on the phone. Who is this Anthony? Anthony your caller ten? You got the Offspring tickets?
Speaker 3: Come on, hey, bank super charge Why twenty five tour Jimmy World, Newpung Glory and Offspring and you friend? Congratulations?
Speaker 1: All right, my brother. Thank you. Hang on, Shell's gonna hook you up with those Alex. I'm sorry it's your time. But now, oh now you want to talk to me. Don't worry about it now you funny how you you talk to me when you need something? Listen, if it's not an AI gorilla.
Speaker 5: Actually I got this as an AI or as an al today because of Rod. It's called reealer AI. And you're looking at images to try and see if they are real.
Speaker 1: Images or AI images. Oh, you're looking at a snowy snowy trees. Here are these realer AI generator AI incorrect, that's real. That was real. That is a house. You're gonna say real incorrect? That was AI.
Speaker 5: To house again, that was a fake house. See that's all you gotta do. Ride and then you're like, hey, I call crap on that called BS sudden.
Speaker 1: This this isn't real. This is AI.
Speaker 5: Go check it out to see how many of these twenty you can get right at the webinish right ran showpage device dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, I would like to just take a second to thank the two thousand, five hundred and seventy eight people.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Then started following Academy Sports and Outdoors on Instagram.
Speaker 1: But we did it.
Speaker 2: We're getting the five thousand dollars. We're getting the five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Shot, y'all.
Speaker 1: All we had to do was get twenty five hundred. Right now we're at twenty five seventy eight and counting. So yeah, let's let's keep going, man.
Speaker 2: I mean, just as a way of thanking Academy Sports for bucking up five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of money. Give them a follow on their Instagram at Academy. But you guys are the best. Man.
Speaker 2: When I use that hashtag and I say we have the best listeners in the world, I mean it when I say it, you guys are the best.
Speaker 1: I mean of all time.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the Bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Giovanni, thehir Guns.
Speaker 1: Guys. Thank you. Oh such a good mood right now.
Speaker 2: My ask today was following Academy on Instagram Academy Sports and Outdoors looking for twenty five hundred of you, and we went over that and I see some.
Speaker 1: More came in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep going, man, I mean, it's just a way of saying thank you everybody. Thank Academy Sports and Outdoors for being not only a great partner to us, but I mean caring about the kids and doing all that stuff and jumping in and doing these things with us.
Speaker 1: Man, that's awesome. We got some other fun things planned for you throughout the summer.
Speaker 2: I'll keep the store open throughout the summer, the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I know I've been beat you up pretty bad today, but the store is open. You can make a cash donation right in that store. But Alex designed one of those shirts, and I know the Grady gangers are all getting after that one.
Speaker 1: And I liked it so much that I put it. I put it on a hat too. I thought that. I thought the logo that you came up with was so good.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, no, this this has got to be on something else too, So I was I was debating between a hat and a koozie with that. I really liked that logo that you made, Alex, but I think it looks great on that hat. I think it looks awesome on that hat.
Speaker 1: So I get paid to get the hat. Got me scared there. I thought you felt like you were being compensated for providing that logo to us.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you don't hear from my agent.
Speaker 5: Take it that.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, I get paid on Friday on that logo. Like, no, no, I'm not getting you love that small man to buy a hat. I really thought you were asking for money for that.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious, all right, everyone. The Rod Ryan Show cares online store. Twenty five percent of Americans want to take a break from doing this.
Speaker 1: Working. Good answer. I imagine that number.
Speaker 2: Would be higher. I said, cooking dinner, cooking dinner. I imagine that number would be higher. Twenty four percent of Americans want a break FROMX.
Speaker 1: They want they want a willing break from the sex. This has got a play? Didn't we do a story? What's the swiper the Tinder? Yes? You swipe right, swipe left?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: And didn't we say that they're reworking the app because people don't want it to be a hookup app. Yes, they don't want sex. They don't want to go to an app and just get sex anymore.
Speaker 4: I think that's what the survey's about.
Speaker 1: I think it's backing up. I think it's backing up if.
Speaker 2: Your culture shift, if you're the person that runs tender. You know about this stuff months and years before we find out about it.
Speaker 1: I don't think people.
Speaker 2: Wanted sex anymore. I don't think dudes want to walk up the chicks and they don't want, they don't want the fear of being rejected. They're just like, I'm just not gonna do it. I'm not even gonna try. I don't think this younger generation, they're not hooking up. They're not hooking up like they used.
Speaker 5: To because the cell phones and the screens looking at ai and the ass they can date as.
Speaker 1: It's you up all night tugging and playing video games. Wow, I have two kids participate activity.
Speaker 2: Twenty four percent of Americans want a break from sex. Top reasons include to learn other forms of intimacy.
Speaker 3: It's emotional and I'm completely checked out on any emotions.
Speaker 2: Sit around and talk to each other, gross, to give the body and mind a chance to catch up, and because they want emotion closeness without the physical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright, nerds.
Speaker 2: Over half fifty two percent of people in the poll say they had previously taken an extended break from adult relations, the average sabbatical being six months.
Speaker 1: No, is it six months? Was it your choice. Yeah, let me tell you strike it out.
Speaker 2: Like for the last couple of years of my marriage leave me. That wasn't by my choice. Nothing was happening because.
Speaker 4: He didn't like each other.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it wasn't like I didn't say, like, you know what, let's just hang out and talk and let's hold hands.
Speaker 1: It's gross. It's being monks.
Speaker 2: Of those people they said that the downtime made them appreciate sex. More of people say that taking a break from sex is healthy for couples.
Speaker 1: Why does this go against this?
Speaker 2: Is like your coffee survey that said the coffee's going to save your life. Tomorrow, somebody's gonna put on a report that coffee's going to kill you. Then on Friday, a report's going to come out that wine's the best thing for you. And then on Monday, wine's going to kill you. How could that's the whole thing that we did September.
Speaker 1: It was a priest. I believe it was the guy on I ten over here was doing the whole couples. It was his son.
Speaker 2: I think his son must have a congregation somewhere. And they were challenging couples to have sex every single day, And I thought it was a real progressive thing. I stole it from a pastor, and I stole Sextember from a pastor.
Speaker 1: We used to follow.
Speaker 2: We used to follow couples every day. It wasn't the old man, it was definitely the kid. And they were challenging couples to be intimate because your marriage needs it.
Speaker 1: It's biblical. It's biblical to have sex, right, it says right there p the ing chapter and a woman job.
Speaker 2: So now they're pushing the narrative that it's good to take a break and go on sabbatical from the sex.
Speaker 4: That's not a pastor that's pushing then, or is it.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Who's going the longest?
Speaker 2: I win? I'm just gonna say, I'm not gonna embarrass you all, and I'm not even gonna embarrass myself.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say, who's going the longest?
Speaker 6: Me.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you right now. I know I win this game.
Speaker 2: Since since your career in that avenue started, I promise you I have a period of time purpose I'm just gonna say that I had a period of time that I am the winner. Okay, for the longest time between sessions. Okay, yeah, it sucked. I don't recommend it, okay, two thumbs down, Okay, yeah no Stars.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show, who.
Speaker 2: I've been running this morning man, Thank you guys for hanging out with us on this wild card Wednesday. Yeah, that was our number one. That is our number one link today. But looking at girls blog page number two, the Old Lady one hundred and two years old, getting the stripper, and the old Folks Home approved everything people taking a look at three things you must see today. I'm pretty happy about that, and I know people are taking a look in the store, So thank you.
Speaker 1: That's just some of what's on links and guests.
Speaker 2: There's a food blog page, there's a crazy criminal blog page.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't get more to talk about it. So I got a puffy update. You know what's going on? Hey, no one's talking.
Speaker 2: That trial might be done Pee Diddy whatever he goes by. He's not taking the stand, really, so that would have added a whole another.
Speaker 1: At least a week of him being up there. They've decided he's not. They might wrap up this week.
Speaker 3: I heard they were. They had told the jurors that it was going to wrap up at the end of the month.
Speaker 1: I was so wrong on this being the trial of the century. What's going to happen?
Speaker 3: I mean the verdict? Did we think it would be interesting?
Speaker 1: But didn't we think that? Like did Maybe it's me? I don't know. Did I think jay Z was going to get wet?
Speaker 4: We're going to be more celebrities, like all.
Speaker 2: All these people are going to be a condo line of a less celebrities and Ashton Kutcher and everybody like going in and out of that courtroom.
Speaker 1: No being thrown on the stand.
Speaker 4: That's what we thought. But we saw Kanye, but.
Speaker 3: No one really else.
Speaker 1: He attended the one day.
Speaker 4: He was just attending.
Speaker 1: He never had to talk, No, he just attended for support. All right, So that might wrap up this week.
Speaker 2: Monster Jam tickets went on sale yesterday general public, Right, it wasn't. The pre sale ended and the regular on sale happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: Tell me about Monster Jam.
Speaker 3: Well, we get to get away four packs of tickets with pit passes. Monster Jam mark your calendars October eighteenth. Nice, you know it takes over Energy Stadium And like you said, those tickets are on sale now ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we'll do MO the Show on the flip of this brake, and we'll blow out that four pack before we turn you loose for the long weekend.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, nine fifty two.
Speaker 1: It's time for another show. La La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: La four pack of tickets to Monster Jam. We'll get you down there in the pit, so you get pit passes as well. Bring the whole family out. October eighteenth, Energy Stadium. Ticketmaster has your tickets right now.
Speaker 1: Win them from MO on MO the Show. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Earlier today, Rod, you told us a story about a recipe that's very dangerous.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you'd be interested in this.
Speaker 3: I was, and I still am. So the questions dangerous though, which meat was marinated in tequila and set fire to an entire apartment?
Speaker 1: Seven one two, one two five four five.
Speaker 2: If you mow the show, we are worldwide everywhere you listen. Tell your smart device to play ninety four to five The Buzz on iheard Radio.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Offspring, You're gonna go far kid, Rod Ryan Show, wrapping up a wild card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Let's go right over to the phone. Have this show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 8: La la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: Good morning brother Rod.
Speaker 1: Hey, who's this? James the trucker? Okay, James, A lot of truckers on today's show? How are you good? Are you awesome? Thank you? This is Mo over here. She's got a question for you.
Speaker 3: Hey, James, Mo, which meat was Rod talking about marinating in tequila that set fire to an entire apartment?
Speaker 1: Was it turkey? Show me turkey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Verry risky, Heck yeah, I think it would be worth the risk.
Speaker 1: Hold, damn turkey was soaked in tekekas. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I tooke about thirty or forty turkeys every Thank you, but I don't know that I'd be willing to try that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do it for me, but it'd be one thing to inject it with something, but just to soak it and marinate it in tequila.
Speaker 3: We got a turkey guy, his name is James, and we're giving them a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam James is October eighteenth the Energy Stadium. We'll see you there.
Speaker 1: Whoa, I can't wait? Yes? All right, my brother? Hey are you in the truck now? I am you ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Come on? What a way to go out today. Thank you James, Thanks guy, keep the rubber side down.
Speaker 2: First, thank you today goes to Academy Sports and Outdoors for stepping up five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a lot of money. I know, it's a big company.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of money, Okay, just for a little old less and what we're doing. Second, thank you comes to every one of you, not only for listening to the show, but like getting involved in the things that we ask you to do, you know, and it's always an ask too, like please, would you please go and take thirty seconds out of your day and go and follow Academy on Instagram at Academy on Instagram. About three thousand of you have done so today, So thank you. We're going to get the five thousand dollars from Academy.
Speaker 1: How great is that? I think I don't have a calendar in front of me. I think water.
Speaker 2: Burger might be doing something, So maybe that would be the easiest thing that we ask you to do next week. Just such great partners all summer long, trying to get these backpacks for the kiddos and the best listeners in the world.
Speaker 1: You guys never let us down. You always come through. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Now, Cody was waiting for Chilly to answer the phone. Came in for the kill and he's back on Monday.
Speaker 4: Is that Killer I forgot about him?
Speaker 1: Is that Killer Cody?
Speaker 2: But there was a Killer Cody that was a Hall of Famery. We were just talking about him being a country western star, like opening up for Stony LaRue.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my husband texted me and said, I have all your.
Speaker 1: Albums, Marissa Shara. Yes, Thomas Anthony, what are these people?
Speaker 3: You were making it? Rain tickets this morning?
Speaker 1: All won tickets from us today?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 2: All right, a lot of ticket winners today, everybody that followed an Academy Thank you man. Tomorrow Federal Holiday Juneteenth. Normally I just kind of keep it to myself, but I'm just I don't care.
Speaker 1: You can beat us up. We're off tomorrow. It's a iHeart holiday.
Speaker 2: And then we just said we got one coming to us, so we took Friday off, so we got a long weekend, so we'll be back on Monday.
Speaker 1: We'll pick it up with other.
Speaker 2: Or no, o't won't pick it up with other John Killer Cody on Monday. But yeah, we'll get to the new intel on what we're gonna do fun next week for backpacks. But Alex mentioned that he gets paid on Friday. Someone else must be getting paid on Friday. Get into that Rod Ryan Show caris online store. Please, we need more help. We need more money. We're not even close to where we need to be as far as purchasing these backpacks at the end of the summer.
Speaker 1: So Jeremy's up next.
Speaker 2: He's got the non stop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Guys, have an awesome Wednesday, and those of you that have off tomorrow and have a great day off, get out there and enjoy yourself a right, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Are we done?
Speaker 2: We have a fire drill that starts in the building right now, All right, Amas, do stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, all the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 9: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at The buzz dot com