Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a brand new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. We are here at the twenty twenty five World Ties Poke. A little bit of a different look for all of you that are on video because we are here at the Horseshoe. We are on on set on the floor. You look on the floor, you look like an idiot every day. This light, this light is pretty bright, all right. So today it was kind of well, it was my first full day at the World Series of Poker. It is Wednesday evening, just past eleven pm, May twenty eighth. I just wrapped up with a stint of commentary over at the Venetian pretty wild game. Brian Oakin and JRB hosting three Coin was in there. Absolutely absolutely outrageous poker that was being played over at Venice City.
Speaker 2: Way, That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: That was for sure for sure too, for sure too. If not three, it was definitely two. But it might have been three. I can't remember exactly. He might have had an earlier or one on earlier in the stream that I just wasn't really paying attention to. But that is what it is. We're back here at the Horseshoe at Paris for the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker. So you and I walked around today, yep, and yeah, I mean, I guess my big takeaways are it's it's kind of the same thing every single year in that the very beginning of the WSV always feels like the very end this is not much going on. Yes, you know, it's still kind of like that early like ushering everything in. You know, there's only a couple events. Things are kind of like starting to play down. The rooms aren't like jam packed, the hallways aren't jam packed.
Speaker 2: You know, stuff still getting built.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, of course, that definitely stuff in here. I mean, I know people can't see it, but everything is getting still built. With our set, with the stage, there's there's gonna be a bit of a new look to the Mothership, as people call it, a whole whole whole bunch of led walls all over the place. We got with the times, we're finding more than three coin we brought. We brought. Uh, we might be spending more than three bitcoin on the new set, but here we are. So it's gonna be a good summer. Today kicked off the five k Nolan Hold Them, which is kind of the event that that I want to hit on first. You know, you and I walk the field, I don't. I don't really know what it is. But walking that field, I was like, man, this feels like a pretty good tournament. There's a lot of people in there, like they make this a good field.
Speaker 2: You know what? I agree?
Speaker 3: Because a listener of the pod, a poker player, a PGT player, he puts a little story on his Instagram of his table. Immediately send him a message. If you can't beat this book, you'll fly at home now because you don't deserve to be here anymore.
Speaker 2: But yeah, lots of people we didn't recognize.
Speaker 3: You know, you were thinking of five k opening high roller ish event of the World Series, you would see a lot more big name notables, not a lot of us.
Speaker 2: Some people might quote dead money. We don't.
Speaker 3: We're not going to use that phrase. I mean we can if we want, we're not going to use it.
Speaker 2: Some people.
Speaker 1: There were plenty of people that I played with in the win six hundred dollars tournament. They were also in that five k dead money one.
Speaker 2: Percent either way.
Speaker 3: Lots of fresh faces and it looked like, you know, a pretty good tournament to jump in and you know, we spoke to John Ordan on the rail and he was like, I might getting if it looks good. Well, John looks good.
Speaker 1: But John John didn't want to get in and risk missing the five k PLO, which which I guess is a scheduling question mark that I would have early maybe I would know. I listen, oversight is like overly negative. Listen, at some point, when you're cramming an hundred tournaments in seven weeks, you're just gonna have overlap. That's just how it is, and scheduling. Ultimately, the players are going to have to deal with it, you know. So it's it's not that big of a deal, but for him, for John Reard, and you know, he really wants to be sure that he can get into that five k POO and so he didn't all at least he wasn't planning on firing the five K no limit, which is also an extended tournament. You know, most tournaments that make up the WASIPP schedule are three days. This one is a four day event. So you know, he was like, it's a good structure. It's going to be drawn out, you know, I mean from John Riard, And he said I could bubble that tournament and miss miss the five K polo, which would be like the double bad beat for him, So he was thinking about about not getting in there. I'm here's another thing. I'm kind of a little bit confused. I guess you will say. I'm like where I'm supposed to be going for coverage, Like there's Poker News, Yes, there's also the w SIP plus app. Like I don't really know where I'm supposed to go. What's the most up to date, Like it's kind of tricky, Like I'm like, I'm on Poker News right now, and I'm trying to look at these five K nolan that hold them chip counts. But I also know that some of these chip guns are the exact same chip counts that I saw at like five o'clock before I left to go to commentary. So I mean, yes, there's a chance that people have the same chips, but it's probably more likely that they just not updated. So then should I go to the Douvasity plus app? But like, what is the I mean, you know some of the people that are working atr move No, no, what is obviously the ws A p and wasit plus team? Like they have people updating tournament stuff chip counts, Like, so are they doing Like is it like one person per table? Is it like one person per tend tables? Like how I don't undertand I don't exactly understand how what's going on? It's like someone basically I need someone to like sit me down.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know what?
Speaker 1: You know how sometimes you go to a casino and you don't know how to play craps, but they'll like do a little crap seminar for you.
Speaker 3: Plus seven w SP plus team, pretty small couple guys one on side two remote.
Speaker 2: Those two remote guys are coming soon.
Speaker 3: They're basically doing counts throughout the tournament, you know, getting the big stacks, writing a few hands and putting some posts in the stories. You'll see them as basically WSP GYM, et cetera. And along with that, the one thing you need to know is that the dealers are doing the chip counts on the break, so pretty much every break you're getting a fresh round of chip counts from the dealers. You know, you've also got WSP plus team chiming in, and you can also update your own chip counts in the app. I believe in the story so you can go if you're playing the event. Let's say you know you're in the Colossus, you can you know, write a story. Oh I just doubled up. Here's my chip count and it will update that way too, So lots of different ways. I would say, a little more up to date than Poker News, but less hands. So if you want the hands, you got a pocon news. You want the chip count to see draw and that kind of stuff. Clark you can go to obviously WSP plus app and what's good for you and me? You know when you were going over at Venetian, I was going for a walk without photographer mcguel over here, walked into that other room. We're going to go check out the mystery millions. You know it was going to bag soon. Quick scroll top top twenty chip counts. Now when I really needed a photo of moved on, went to the Omaha High Low and you Clyde Gaskins snack attack. Gaskins was still and I was like, you know what, we need a photo of Clyde Loyal dealer at the Pogost studio. Typed Clyde Gaskins in the search bar, gave me his seat number two twenty one c three. We went straight to two twenty one C three and he had eight big bets, so no a lot it could have busted. Got a couple photos and then we started doing the other room. So the beauty I think of WSP plus for the media side is that, you know, we can find names, we can find where people are sitting, you know, similar to what pokenes do with mystack. You can update your chip counts, you can see other people's chip counts, you can see who's at your table. So I think it's this positives from both players media and also I talk to nearly every staff member here that I have a relationship with the tournament directors.
Speaker 2: They love it, they absolutely love it. They think it's.
Speaker 3: Emerging of poker, Ratlas and k Holdham. They're taking the best of that of each of them put it together, making their life a million times easier. So if the staff is signed off on, you know, WSP plus, I think that's a pretty good thing. So I'm look, I'm going to look at both, but when I'm walking around, I'm going to pull up WSB plus. I can see the clock instantly, and I can see, you know, the chip count, see where people sit and kind of go from there and then you know you're going to get your updates however you want to.
Speaker 2: Outside of that, I.
Speaker 1: Heard maybe you'll be able to confirm because you might be more in the know than I am. I heard that WSP plus app is also getting a hand feed from Poker News or are they just like writing the same hands as Poker News at times?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they have, they currently have, like I said, two remote they'll be back concern and they were cross posting, you know, taking some of the Poconese hands, putting them in the in the w s P plus story. It's kind of like a Twitter timeline, I guess is a good way to say it now.
Speaker 1: But but what I'm getting at is that is that is like basically a hand cheek agreement between them, like they're not They're not like stealing the content.
Speaker 2: They like, are okay to do it? I think they're okay to do it. Okay.
Speaker 1: And the reason why I'm asking is then, like why isn't Poker News then saying like, hey, we want the chip counts, specifically the chip counts that are counted by the dealer on every break, to filter into our chip counts like that should be that should.
Speaker 2: Be the filter. It's not. It's not an automatic thing, know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. But but those chip counts the dealers do at the table and they go into WSP plus, those should also go through the poke news dot com.
Speaker 4: That should be the quid pro qro here. You know, you scratch my back, I'll scratch type of thing. Because the WSP plus guys, uh, it's not a it's not a feed. They they they're rewriting it themselves, just like pokws.
Speaker 1: I will be willing to bet you whatever you want that these two dev teams can figure out a feed. Okay, I would be willing to layer with large weight drive. Let's just figure it out. But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: There's two events yesterday, there's four events today. Right come Day twelve of the World Series, where there's nine events going on and just non stop stuff and file tables. I don't think we're going to see a lot of this cross posting. You know, with only a small number of WSP plus team members, I think they're going to be focused on their event or their their moment or whatever kind of thing they're covering, and we won't see a lot of that, so, uh, you know, still go to Poconese, get your hands, still go to WSP plus four kind of seat draws and everything like that.
Speaker 2: That's my theory anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean again, I'm just kind of it's it's still all pretty new obviously, you know. I mean every year there's that little acclamation period for everyone. I'm still kind of going through it. So I'm also just here to talk through it. I think this podcast is like an outlet for you and I to kind of always talk through our summers and our lives in pokers. So that's just kind of what I'm doing. So I'm still trying to feel out, you know, like how I want to get the updates, what I want to do. One thing that they got to change onsity plus you got to deny people using these random screen names.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean there was there was what was it was?
Speaker 1: It sucked Dick sixty nine literally was the name in the in the employees event with like two tables left.
Speaker 3: You need to rephrase how you refer to the current chip leader of the seven players remaining?
Speaker 1: Okay, event is he still?
Speaker 2: Is he still?
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, real names, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's just we've chatted a little bit over there.
Speaker 3: There was you know me those WSP plus remember a poker dot all poking news guys. There should be some override, you know, where you can do these changes, because what's going to happen at the end of the day when you someone's going to try and write a win a story about suck Dick sixty nine, Suck me sixty nine. He's still the chip leader seven left.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, so there's a little awkward. It should be a manual override. But like, like I said, also does see what's in the waiver? What does the waiver say? I'm sure the waiver says something about like this kind of thing where you can change the name, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, No, that should just be not you shouldn't you should just have to use your real name.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, okay, would you? Would you?
Speaker 3: You just have the same stance instead of it being suck me sixty nine, it was like John's dad, like it was just something really generic or like, no, I agree that it should.
Speaker 2: Be real names. The first of us is a little one of the things of the line is.
Speaker 1: Makes a bit tougher the thing the whole point about this app is so that people can follow and track the WSP much better. Yeah, you can't do that when people are using you know one two three s MD seventy five eight three five, Like what is it? What does that tell me anything? Like you know, you silly?
Speaker 3: I should better click coming, we're gonna say this guy's name again, but he's not. I'm not gonna say we get Quickie's name, and maybe.
Speaker 1: We're not doing anything wrong. It's literally what his name is listened, But it's like, what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 3: You should be a a click at and then it would load his actual name. That'd be a way to do it too, right.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it should just be. It's the same reason why you can't, like, you can't pre this app. You can't give someone that name. I can't be like suck me sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Is n name change. My name ran out of sucked me sixty eight.
Speaker 1: I know that's what you should say. You should r seventy, you should go one better, I do whatever. I just think it's a bit a bit ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Outside of that, I love the app.
Speaker 1: No, no, yeah, I'm just saying that's I'm just pointing that out I think the app is. I think the app has been positive so far. I think there are still steps to be even more positive. Yeah, you know, so that's that's like a positive outlook on things, you know. I think that one as players get more familiar with it, you know, it'll just be like it'll be like your secondhand thing when you're here at the w which I think is great. One other suggestion about the app, the font size on everything is way too big. It's just way too big.
Speaker 2: I need to be able to read the whole name at a minute, like you need to.
Speaker 1: Die, you know how I am with my font size and everything's really really small. You know, like we just got to figure this out. Yeah, okay, what's.
Speaker 3: Going on all the Look we just last fellow media member Connor Richards poconews in seventh place. I believe in the industry employees event. You know, we're just talking about the aforementioned name that I'm not going to say, but his name is Christopher Zolo. He is the current chip leader. Looks like we have yet six left chasing sixty four thousand dollars. First, I've got a buddy at the final table, so good luck. Pedro Pedro. He plays a telf point he does and he also deals sometimes on as a dealer and a fourse advisor deals up on the main stage.
Speaker 2: But he's still in.
Speaker 3: Another poker media member, Jeremy Guy's finished twelfth place, poker goes own. Keegan McCann twenty ninth places. Not good enough Keegan aces into Queens, did not win that hand, uh and he was out. So but good ron to Kegan. But yeah, that's that's going to come to a conclusion. Maybe tonight. I don't know, I think I might need a thirty.
Speaker 1: Do you mean maybe tonight? It's only eleven thirty. They need to finish this tournament. You know, you know what these people this is. This is the industry, employesment. They got to work tomorrow. Okay, so this is this is how this has got to happen. You gotta finish this out. I can't imagine. The structure is a main event structure, so this should end.
Speaker 2: It's the main event for the EASE. Fine, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Disagree with that. I'm just saying it's a little bit of a faster structure. Fairly decent drop off in numbers in this event. Eleven and eighty nine last year, nine hundred and fourteen this year. Also a drop off in the fifteen hundred dollars Omaha eight or better tournament.
Speaker 2: That's that's registrations closed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw in the thing that the prize pool was confirmed nine to twenty eight last year, nine to ten this year.
Speaker 2: I'm just rounding out that ain't a big drop. But that doesn't count.
Speaker 1: It's not a big drop off on its own. I will one hundred percent agree with you, but I'm just saying that it's a trend. It's that is now too that I'm looking at. Okay, now, I know some people were messaging us about the Mystery Millions tracking down. I think people are forgetting that those big field, no limit hold them tournaments, Mystery Millions, Millionaire Maker, Monster Stack. You know, those tournaments have added a starting flight. So even if even if it seems like, oh my god, it's down two thousand players whatever, well, they're going to just make up for it all on the final day, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. The one thing that I will say on the Mystery Millions, though, is that you and I have talked about this many times. Final starting flight is on a Saturday, and you back it up from there. They started on a Tuesday after Yeah, Tuesday, Wednesday, No final Friday, Saturday. Oh it is Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. Listen. I think there's there's five. I thought there was. I thought the three last year and four. Yeah the year you're the fact it was fine, Well is it fall? No? No, No, I thought I was thinking in my head that there was three last year and four this year. I don't know why I thought that, But whatever, I'm wrong, don't help me do that. I'm wrong. I'm probably gonna be wrong. Nineteen thousand.
Speaker 3: That's rich right here. Put a put a Donnie's wrong. No, you know you need and you know we need Donny Wrong.
Speaker 1: The d NEX Oopsie meter. You know we need we need the poke rel podcast, you know, screw up meter. I won screwed out, but I'll correct myself. I just think that I think that the first flight being Tuesday after Memorial Day weekend, like it's a little bit of a slow start.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'll say, one, people coming off a holiday weekend, they're going to probably try and get their ducks in a row if they're traveling all that sort of stuff. Maybe coming on a Wednesday, coming on Thursday. Fire those final flights. Okay, fine. The other thing that I would like to I would be curious to look at is I mean, the win has a competing event the eleven one point five million guarantee.
Speaker 3: Now, so it does aria. What is av they have believe? It's a one gay mister Mountain.
Speaker 1: Why are all these people doing the same tournament at the same time, because what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Very nice?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously the Mister Millions is the biggest one of them all. You know, you're not gonna be able to win a million dollars in those other tournaments. And not only can you win a million dollars, you can win a million dollars multiple times in the Mister Millions because you could pull a million dollar bounty and you could win first place. Yeah, so that's badass. I just think stacking all those on top, you know, is going to be something. So I'm just I'm just curious, you know, you and I, at least myself. Sorry, I shouldn't put you in there with me because I'm gonna be the dumb one a lot of times that I don't want to rope you into my stupidness. Coming into the summer, I was more worried about how other venues might fare with things. So I'm curious, like, is that win event hurting right? I haven't checked in on the numbers for it had a one point five million guarantee eleven hundred dollars buy and so I would guess they need fifty hundred runners in that one. So you know, how is that one doing? What's happening over at that ARIA tournament? You know? And then you can also say they're like, okay, if those if those are tracking, I'd say the win one is tracking to get three million in the prize pool. Well, you would assume that that was taking away from the early days of Mystery Millions.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: That's not to say the Mister Millions isn't going to get there and be very big at the end of it, because they still have starting flights to go on in the week. My other only question as it relates to like starting the Mystery Millions now is and I think I said, there's a couple episodes ago. Is easing in because you have this new app? Yeah, you know, so kind of starting a little bit slower to start and not just have a huge possible twenty thousand entry field. But whatever, I think everything's going pretty well overall. You know, we have heard things kind of on bull sides. I think anything that I've heard that's been I would deem as negative towards the app is more about like just having to wait in line, get verified, that sort of stuff. But once that's done, it seems like everything is very positive.
Speaker 3: We had some people today, a friend of the podcast, bend Low, say he thought it was going to take hours, came in, took seconds.
Speaker 2: So I think it was mainly just you know, the first day or two.
Speaker 1: Well, poker players are notoriously late to everything, So I.
Speaker 3: Thought, look, if you we're at home listening to this part and coming in, say for you know, the Friday flight, and you're coming in tomorrow, you know, after work or something, it seems like you're not going to have too many issues. Obviously there's going to be normal. Can you know people doing the same thing as you. But it seems like everything's starting to smooth out. A lot more staff for here now helping people, making sure they're done all the steps on WSB plus and and they're ready to pretty much just verify and deposit money. So it's definitely you know, started bad. I think it's a lot better now, and I think we're on track for no more hopefully no more issues with this registration process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's not it's not necessarily an issue. It's just it's taking longer than I think people expected. I will also say that I think poker players are generally impatient.
Speaker 2: So have you verified yet? No?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't. I don't plan on playing another event. Yeah, but I don't plan on playing another event till the mini main event.
Speaker 2: When's that like July? So oh that's forever. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how to do anything. Why do I get out to sign?
Speaker 2: Not good point?
Speaker 1: Actually, the next event that I would play is Antac Team with you.
Speaker 2: You got to figure out what's going on with that one?
Speaker 1: What do you mean what's going on with that?
Speaker 2: How do I do I buy in? Do you buy in buying for haaf? Are you buying Vahama?
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you. We'll figure that out. We'll figure that out later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to get that answer.
Speaker 1: On the other thing that stuck out to me walking through Yourseshoe and Paris is the new look, new feel, new layout of the Paris Ballroom. They shifted where the cast game section is. You kind of walk into that room and it's like boom, the cash game section is right there. I also said to you that it felt like there was fewer tables in there, and so things are a little bit more spaced out. But I like the new layout, like I think it. I think it looks really good in there. I think it's nice and clean, you know. I don't know. I just kind of liked everything that they had going on over there, so it felt good. We'll see, we'll see how things go. Yeah, I don't know. Those are kind of my initial observations. What else you got. We spoke to Jeremy Osmas, the captain of Team DPMD.
Speaker 2: So I tried to apply the pressure you were telling him the chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't. We don't need to apply any pressure. He's like, you've got a lot of pressure on me. I don't care what you do, man, Just have fun this summer, go win a bazillion.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We I talked to quite a few poker players today actually today, A lot of comments about the hair. First of all, a lot of well done with the draft Texas Mike said, well done. A couple of other kinds, some other random people say good job doing that. Talked to day od B a little bit, called him out. He called me out. Why you doing He's like, what do you mean? I was quiet. I'm like, you know, I kind of said that because I know you're listening, and he was very quiet. Yeah, but whatever, either way, it's you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you we need paddles. Paddles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but lots of positive comments on that. You know, we're going about to We met Crannon after the first brace and winner of the World's Series of Pocus.
Speaker 1: So you're exciting your buddy.
Speaker 2: Is he run?
Speaker 1: I mean he cracked aces with ten with a ten, yeah, as you should. When they got it all in pre flop he had a four flush.
Speaker 2: And that's how we do it.
Speaker 1: That's how you that's how you win tournaments. Pedro Green shut out, Pere Lucky is better than being good. Poker News always has one or two guys that go really deep in this thing. They always seem to do very very well. What else we got going on.
Speaker 3: Well, we have mister millions Day one B that's coming to a close very soon. Actually it may have closed. A quick look I did think it was interesting that you can. We should ask about this to get clarification. Maybe maybe it's just a rule that I'm overlooking.
Speaker 1: But because you can cash in all the flights, correct, you can cash five times?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Does that give me five fancy points?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know that.
Speaker 1: That could be the difference of when you're losing fantasy.
Speaker 2: Right, that is true, and I'm looking at these ship counts.
Speaker 3: Jason DeWitt takes a hit ninth place one point one million, Elvis Thomas eighth place one point one million, a couple of names I don't really know up the top.
Speaker 1: Well, this is interesting. They twenty five k Fantasy. The prize pool first place is million dollars. Is the same as the year that we wanted.
Speaker 2: They just added another place and that's probably good though.
Speaker 1: No, let's play for it.
Speaker 2: All our boys, Sweet Loue ap Gaza eight hundred.
Speaker 3: And are looking at I'm looking at the chip counts, so the mister Million's flight won't be see.
Speaker 1: The thing is is we we record this podcast the video version on my iPhone, so I don't have access an iPhone.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I talked to Ray Hanson today, right, and he said, thank you, I go, huh, goes. I was driving in you know, he's from Houston, driving through the mountains of Denver or whatever it was to get I don't know you go through Denver to get to Vegas.
Speaker 1: He was driving yesterday where he's coming from.
Speaker 2: He's Houston.
Speaker 1: Then I don't think you go through Denver.
Speaker 3: I'm not really good with American geography. But he was driving, he goes. You know what, I listened to the whole draft. I had it on my iPhone playing as I was driving.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's feel safe ray now he said, look kind of a little bit. I was listening to it, but yeah, the YouTube dream boy was driving across the country. That's real safe Ray, and save the gambling for the ws be not on the road.
Speaker 2: Sell me.
Speaker 3: He had like he had a decent stack on the bubble of the flight. One BA the mystery millions and Mon's of money was going only in every hand.
Speaker 1: Shocker. I'm so surprised.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about Mon's money?
Speaker 1: He's a lunatic.
Speaker 3: Week he laid Alan Kessler thirty two to one to win bracelet this year, and then he he's side bet. I think ten players versus Alan Kesler because Kessler didn't get drafted in the twenty five K fantasy, so Alan's mad that didn't get drafted. Madi sound's mad, but they didn't go drifted for three dollars. I love the fantasy, It just it just rubs people's egos the wrong way. It's the best thing is thirty two to one the ray price. It feels like it should be more longer.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I really don't know. It feels like it has to be longer.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, I don't know. All I know is Alan Kesler was in the poker Stake chat complaining about the structure of the OA, saying that it was faster than some six or dollars tournament. I mean, this guy is just outrageous with his complaints.
Speaker 3: Better the structures either way. One B is coming to a close in about fifteen.
Speaker 1: Minutes, so they play into the money and down to twenty two levels, okay with how long are the levels on day one?
Speaker 2: Maybe thirty minutes, right, thirty or forty minutes?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean nine players that eighteen hundred started the fight, so they're getting down pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: How many were in the play last year? I mean not that it matters because there's everyone actually started.
Speaker 2: I don't really think it's worth comparing, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's worth comparing the overall number. I mean you think that they should. I think they got right around eighteen thousand, a little bit more last year with an extra flight. I mean I think you would hope they would get in nineteen or twenty. Yeah, I think that would be the hope. Which you know, those final flights of these multi flight Nolan man Holden tournaments are always just ridiculously big. So you know, I expect whenever that day one e is is just going to be wild, wild wild.
Speaker 2: So the other event today.
Speaker 1: It looks like they got the final four hands being played in the five K. Continue.
Speaker 2: Do you have an other event that started? We have the five K.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one's eight day, eight handed, four day event that's going to take forever, according to some people, which will be our first we'll dream the first livestream chip Leta. As of this Manute Victoria Liveshit's PGT regular. She's as four hundred k. Sewan Daniels, who I threw a little dig at Austen.
Speaker 2: Where is he being wise? In another the studio three hundred and thirty K.
Speaker 1: He was Quinn wpts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 3: Brian Green, he's up there two and twenty six K, Tony ran Linn one hundred and ninety six K, trying to look for for our boys.
Speaker 1: Okay, but our boys have the same counts as when I left here at five o'clock, So I don't trust.
Speaker 3: Jeremi Asma's hundred and ten K. Eerie Richard Sign eighty seven K.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I left they had they had those those exact sacks.
Speaker 3: Well they're still in though, at least that means they're still in, because that means busted. So how do you know that they're stilling because if they've busted you on yours, on yours, you're looking on I'm on Poker News.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's got registration open for I think until start of play tomorrow, no first level, first break tomorrow. And the other vendor sided today fifteen hundred Omaha high Low, the greatest Omaha high Low player in the world's self proclaimed Clyde Snacker, Tack Gaskins, who we talked about this other show. Fourteen chips right now, one hundred and fifty five k. We must have given him some good luck. When we took that photo, I got four. I got three. Clyde Gaskins snack attack hats do you want three?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I had to give one to be given to you.
Speaker 1: Is that where you got him?
Speaker 2: I got him via another method, but I have him.
Speaker 3: But chip later on, John Hollys, John Holly chip later there, like I said, Clyde Gaskins, fourth defending raining WSP Player of the SIVA commented on my beautiful mullet. Fifth in chips, he's common another three bracelets. Robin Msrah he's up in the top ten. Quick score down. Scott Clement's has some chips. It's a little quick, little recap of the four events going on today.
Speaker 1: I love because you just get you get these people that I'd be like that person would never play this tournament, But here they are. Chris Unichan is just in this fifteen hundred eight for god knows what reason he's playing that tournament. Like I'm like, Chris Unigan is, like, you know, he'll play most of the no limit stuff, obviously the super big buy and stuff. No, he's just fifte eight. I'm in there. Raco bets maybe, I mean, who knows, I mean it could be anything. I mean, it could be yeah, is he in there on your thing? Because it could be an incorrect thing where I'm looking at. You know, I just want to verify. But I mean it says he's in there, so I don't have any reason to doubt why he would be in there.
Speaker 2: He's one of the chip leaders, Yeah, Chris, I mean why would why wouldn't he be? Yeah, why wouldn't he be? Who would we have? And you know John Shulman saw him in the five K.
Speaker 1: In the five K? Yeah, beautiful, good. We're gonna get three people at the final table the five Oh, we got Tommy Coral and the saw.
Speaker 2: Tommy carl in this. Didn't see Baris Angelo in the five K.
Speaker 1: I did not either. He liked my tweet, So I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm sure. I'm sure he's on his way. He'll probably win. I heard he's it's funny. I heard he's bracelet chasing. Well, okay, great, I mean I don't One other thing that's also been happening to me more so than any other year is but NonStop getting hit up to make side bets for fantasy, which I don't do side bets. I did one. I did one because it's with the Friends with Jeff Platt our team versus his team. I shouldn't have done it, though, because I actually really like his team, so I'm probably taking the slight worst of it. Maybe we're as they say, I mean, we're probably it's probably even. So why would I, you know, why would I just take even money? That said? You know, I don't often do side bets. I just have too much money wrapped up in the team, so I don't care to do the side bet stuff. So yeah, I just kind of stay out of the way for all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: But you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I watched Daniel grand News vlog as did you where I watched? I watched a good chunk of it. I didn't watch all of it, yet I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It was so my cameo.
Speaker 1: Cameo huh oh at the beginning. Yeah, yeah, when he walked in. The vlogs are great. Absolutely love them. I'm happy they're back. I wish Daniel would do more of them throughout the year, but you know, that's fine. Getting the getting the rundown. Did you see any random player of the days oh, it's time for another segment. Tim came up with that. Donnie will try to ignore it as much as possible. It's what random hooker player did you see today? I already know by the way that Rich is gonna yell at us because you're probably way out of frame because you keep moving all around because you had to hold the microphone.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about these Look at this, Look at this? How high this mic I know they're ridiculous. We have high and you know I I just feel comfortable like holding it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, any random player of the day, though, how random are we talk? I mean, just throw some out there and I'll tell you if it's wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we can start with Chris Sony Channing in the fifteen hundred per.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not random player of the day. Random player of the day is.
Speaker 2: Like, I think it matters what event you're into.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, Now you're just now you're just bending the rules.
Speaker 3: It wasn't paying much attention to the random player of the day. To be honest, I saw, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll tell you that I did not. I don't think I saw anyone random player of the day would be Lee Child's dealing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's random player of the day, random person of the day. That's how he gets that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I mean that's really it. You know, everything else I feel like has been par for the course. I think yesterday we got word that Huck Seed was in the one K Mystery Millions, which I think that would be a pretty big surprise. Now I didn't personally see him, but if true, I mean that's I mean his huck back, because he'd blast and everything. What's he doing?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Done? I I really done.
Speaker 1: I have not seen Gus Hansen, even though it sounded like the people at the draft had some intel that Gus hanson and was going to be playing a lot here. So I guess we'll see. I know Daniel also talked about Gus in his vlog. He had him on one of his lists. I think maybe Tier four or Tier five, So you know, again, it'll be great to see if the Great Dane is back. No Ivy sighting yet unless he's popped into the five K that I haven't seen. But no Ivy sighting yet, Phil how much? Oh, by the way, something that I think went under the radar, So you and I have been on Phil Hellmuth he's going to play the main event? Okay, Yeah. Then he does this this social media poll the other day and he's like, I'm gonna let you guys decide, you know, vote, should I play? Should I not? I mean, he's already just backing out as we all expected. But when he showed up at the draft, I don't know if you caught it on Daniel's vlog. Daniel said, hey, Phil, we need to know, are you playing the main event? And Phil said, yes, I am maybe the poul that ended. Well, I mean, I'm just saying a consensus yes, of course, it's a yes. I mean, come on, man, he should uh he should come out as Benedict Arnold for being a trader to himself. Wow. I'm just just saying, right, he's just or Pinocchio because he's because he lied, you know. I mean look, I'm just saying, like the guy got the guy lied. I mean, we all thought it was ridiculous that he was not going to play anyway. The question is when is he going to play? Is he going to come in super late on day one? Is he gonna late reg on day two?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 1: Phil should just play Day two? ABC come in max late. If he advances, he's got the next day off. And then if you advance there for that, I mean, it's just okay, you're in it, man, Like, that's how you should do it, you know, like and and and and him coming in late, coming in for the day to ABC like that plays to his strengths not as deep. You know, he can just kind of play his game, be tight, pick his spots to the whole zoom zoom. Stuff like that would be you know, if I was advising him, that's what I would tell Bill Hemmeth to do. You know, come in at the close of reg to ABC, be the last person to register on that day. That way, if you advance, you got that next day off, then you come back for day three. I mean, that's the way to do it, Phil, that is the way to do it. If you are concerned about the length, the stamina thing and all of that, all right, I don't think you and I have much else to talk about. Again, it's still obviously very early here at the twenty twenty five WSP Tomorrow, it does sound like we are going to have a Bracele winner to talk about from the industry employees event. So we'll hit on that, and yeah, stay tuned all somewhere long. First first stream is coming up on Saturday. It's going to be the final table of the five K nolam At hold them. What was the code word that we had yesterday.
Speaker 2: Ive K fantasy all one word, got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we're gonna basically, and you can correct me if I'm wrong with the way that I believe you described it is. We'll have these code words that people can enter into the Gleam contest. The link will be in the description of this podcast, both wherever you're listening to your podcast or if you are watching on YouTube, and then we'll have the code word be up for a couple of days and then we'll switch it out, we'll go to another one, etc. But for right now, it is twenty five K fantasy. So get on in there, all right. That's gonna do it for us for Tim Duckworthy in the Shades. My name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time. So yeah, ky
Speaker 3: H