Speaker 1: Freddy, it's plumerot ou didn't it, And that's you just sitting in your an iaa conditioned car or office thinking that spare a thought for me, and that heat stoking the fire and a bloody great big steam engine. I got some warm. I almost took me big wooly jumper off the other day. Well is a diamond Jerry to keep me company, I'll see the.
Speaker 2: Hello again everyone, and welcome to the Tom and Jerry Show, where mister Tom O'Mahoney is joining me, mister Jerry McBride wearing I believe now I want to say a Rugby jersey, Tom it is.
Speaker 3: It is Jeff Fairfox to Fair.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see how let's see how far my my my, my, my knowledge goes is red. So that's monster, right, that's monster Rugby.
Speaker 3: Fair provincial Rugby. Well done, jare there you go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got no else, buddy.
Speaker 3: That's it. I would expect nothing else from you, to be honest.
Speaker 2: It's very first they got that much.
Speaker 3: You got that, and you got that. It was it was a Rugby jerseys. It's clean, that was what it was. And I don't want to wear I've just been strimming and I'll tell you something. Horseflies are one thing. You're just walking around her, then it's dandering around the place. But if you have strimmed the living ship at a Horsefli's house, which I'm assuming I did.
Speaker 2: If you if you enacted a terrible terrorist strike on horse fly central.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this was this, there would be a thousand years of pain come on my way. I don't know. I thought I kept on, thought it was getting hit by sticks from the strimmer. No, just horseflies with knives stabbing me in the backs of my legs. You've never seen the like of these, absolutely fucking scumbags of yolks. No good can come from a horsefly.
Speaker 2: You know. We're all for pollination, tom, and we're all for like bumblebees. And if you see a bee on the on the ground, try and not smash it, try and lift it and give it a we drink. If monster energy drinkers, well, I don't know exactly what to do. Maybe don't give monster energy drink to bees flies, horse flies like the ones you're talking about. I don't know they're all going to make it to them.
Speaker 3: But even I saw a fellow the other even going like Noah, you know if you're a believer. And then the story of Noah and the flood, giraffes, donkeys, and then the horse flies come, You're like, what have you got that? Oh? You just bite everything.
Speaker 2: I would just bite people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now, I'm sure some smart person will tell me exactly what their role is in society. But all I know is that the fuckers hate me on my own property, and I'm happy to live in conjunction with them, as I am with the badgers, the boats, the goats. Well, I brought them into the situation that the pine martins, the fucking deer. I can get on with everybody, but them horseflies. They're real fucking antagonists, is what they are. Now. At this stage journey, it is me or them, And I don't see myself going anywhere in the.
Speaker 2: No no no. I streamed not and was was impacted by nobody. But the flying ants were out of their way.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once a year, it's actually, you know, quite noble to see it, Tom, But once a year the flying ants will emerge for a big riding session of an hour or two.
Speaker 3: It's not on the twelfth of July, man, it has.
Speaker 2: It's not far off at Buddy now. So it's not because normally around about the twelfth I started looking at around the front for the flying ats and it's not just out of the cracks and my pavement and the cracks of all the pavements around here. And apparently it's their time a year, whether it's day and date, this the tide, the moon. I don't know what it is that brings them out the particular heat, but to come out to do an.
Speaker 3: Avel bit of protesticism, chars brings them out. You know.
Speaker 2: This is it contrariness, you know, born on pallets, smell of burning pallets in the air. But they come out to do a bit of riding and then they ascended the heavens in a massive plague of locust style cloud. It's horrendous. We've learned just don't go outside, and everybody the neighborhood. Yeah, everybody in the neighborhood run about that day to go. There's the answer. Because the firstuple of years we were like, oh no, we got to kill him, get some boil and water, what do we do? And now we're just like leave them to it. It's their day.
Speaker 3: It's Aunt Christmas. Do you know what everybody has a day. Is this you're as well to leave it? I mean, and who are eating fucking you know, be so bigoted towards these board ants. I just want to go off.
Speaker 2: And fly and be fabulous and to be fair, to do nobody any harm to come out. It's it's completely fucking gross, Tom, Like you're talking of like a little blanketed them crawling across the ground.
Speaker 3: Are you serious? Yeah? Yeah, you've never seen anything. Yeah, I say, are you serious? Like the things? A dragonfly landed on my hand yesterday and it was like something that if if I basically if it was in the cartoon I fantasy cartoon or a movie, I was now the new king of everything the way this thing just landed and just looked at me. This jet black winged, luminescent or like flip colored. He'd like three colors on him, you know how he used to do do it back in the day and pimp my ride those colors. And he just turned and kind of looked at me and just wafted it off past my head. I'm like, hel king, come, I'm all good.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: It's a big, deep voice in him, actually strange. He sounds like optimist Prime. I actually think he will hail King Tom. I think he wasn't even a real live just somebody with a fucking remote control CIA drome malonium.
Speaker 2: His fellow could kill you stone dead.
Speaker 3: That's the fucking Russians. Very ye, look at holy shit?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, listen, we can talk about crawling insects all goddamn evening, but we have a show to do. Yourself and myself, Tom, we are comedians of sorts. You're a working comedian, I'm a lapsed one. That's the entire premise of the show. Ladies and gentlemen, we're like Seinfeld. We're a podcast about nothing. But we do break it up into three segments, and the first of all deals with the weekly what have you. That's why we call it Boom weekly what have You. This is a very complicated case, mod you know, a lot of ian's, a lot of outs, a lot of what.
Speaker 3: Have you, and uh, a lot of scrans to keep in my head. Man, how you're feeling, Jared, It's been it was three weeks, well thirteen days of intensity that we haven't had, I would argue since nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Honest to god. Now it's the heat folks. It's the heat wave which by the time we land this podcast on Thursday, we're recording on Monday, it lands in your ears on Thursday. I hope to fuck this heat wave is gone.
Speaker 3: Oh and technically it's appost once it drops under twenty sixty, considered it not a heat wave anymore. I'll argue Jarr once it goes above nineteen.
Speaker 2: Once it goes above nineteen, it's it's cause for alarm. Yeah, the heatwave that has hit Ireland this summer has been particularly prolonged and particularly brutal. I feel Tom and we were going to throw this into the well remember when section of the show later on, But honestly, I don't remember a time when it was this goddamn hoth. This is new grand baby.
Speaker 3: They were saying nineteen seventy something that it went to like fourteen days or something. But I remember it was definitely this hot in the late nineties. I can remember it. We were in school and it was cooking. It was cool, like I was school going age, and I remember I said it to the album yesterday. She's like, no, you're banging on. She was really sure it was nineteen ninety six as well. It was fucking cooking. Maybe it didn't go for the full like it comes down to, like, you know, fucking did it get above twenty five point six? And Ki Kenny on the full moon of a rising tide? So these things rather than just cutting into an actual person who went, yeah, there was sweat rundown and cracking my hole for three weeks solid during the nineties, I can't.
Speaker 2: Tell you tell me this much and tell me nomore. We can. We can say that, you know, we're not going to get into the global warming of it around affect that ever, what's causing this?
Speaker 4: I'd like to stop, please?
Speaker 3: Ah, how do you do with the heat, buddy? I'm I've I said this before. I'm kind of like a flask where heat nor cold overly stresses me out. But I really I don't think. I don't know if it's that my body doesn't mind it, or is that I'm too ignorant to appreciate it. It's just it is what it is. Like, you know, I've had way sore bust fingers than the heat. You know, so the complaining about it, like, it'd be great if I can complain about it back pain that only I had. There's fucking no good and complain about the thing that everybody else is fucking suffering.
Speaker 2: So you I think, like, you know, with this particular go a heat that we had there, and I, as of recording our continuing to kind of sort of have you know, the first couple of days we all weathered it because you know, the leavings there. Weather came a little bit later, and then after a couple of days, you know, everybody kind of had to turn around themselves and go.
Speaker 3: You know what, Yeah, that's fucking no. Don't don't get me wrong. Don't get me wrong. I fucking hate it when it's mad, heart, because you can do a fucking nothing in it, and I've a heape of things to be done in it out and that you hurt.
Speaker 2: I think you can do less in the heat.
Speaker 3: Than you know. You can do nothing.
Speaker 2: You might get a bit of something done.
Speaker 3: You can drive under ing, you can no bother at all. You drive on in the fucking rain, But this ship you're act actually fucking cooking like a rasher. And like I had a goall at fucking neck on me from being ten minutes out the front washing windows the other day. Yeah, And I thought at that stage I had an off of a red neck built up that I wouldn't get a new red neck. Well I got a fucking new red neck. And is it just I can do stuff out the back of the house, but I can't do it out the front of the house. And almost everything is out the front of the house. All the good stuff, good stuff out the front I do now the back nobody sees. It's no fucking use at all.
Speaker 2: I'd be the I'd be the very exact same time. Now my job to do would be minimal, but things like power washing, which I suppose needs a nice day to do, but there's no joy in it to do it because you're literally got the high vision and the and the goggles on and the whole lots.
Speaker 3: You don't have to say that the royal you there are there, this is personally do you have wrap that up nicely?
Speaker 2: There now you steel cat boots and the whole lot, and you'd just be in a puddle your own make And I find no enjoyment of it. What's well, it does lend itself. I will say to a couple of things that we like here in the Tom and Jerry show, which is sitting around drinking clonmetal, champagne and barbecuing as well, good things, right, we like these things and and the hot weather doesn't lend itself nicely to them.
Speaker 3: I was trying to think the other day, who benefits from this? Because farmers right now are in a like they're in a drought right now, especially dairy farmers right now. Those animals need a lot of water. They need a lot of moisturous, lovely grass to be jumping on, and they don't have it their background feeding them silas and fucking grain now because because the grass is yellow, the grass is golled. That red raught is like but so they won't obviously aren't benefiting from it, but somebody it is. It's rarely and it will blow doesn't blow well for somebody like and the likes of that from the time of the sister working in boomers. Once the fucking sun peaks even nipple around the clouds, bullmer stocks go up, and they have been fucking going twenty four seven, Get insider out the gap because Guinness guinnesses will go down, like do you know what I mean? Like because whatever people's notion is in their head that they need to have an apple.
Speaker 4: Cold bubbling bubbling drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you can't, yeah, or you can't put no ice cubes into fucking again all of some.
Speaker 2: Can you put ice in guinnis?
Speaker 3: I suppose you could, but you can't write well.
Speaker 2: That's the same Yeah, by that same token, you can put ice.
Speaker 3: And in souper for fuck in cereal, like if you want to put you know what you want. I was trying to think, and it was so the cider companies are going to make the ice cream companies out the fucking door. And I would I would say anybody producing meat that lend themselves to barbecue, yeah, probably do very well out of this kind of scenario. Everybody else kind of fuck some small the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another thing that I like to do, I like tryangle for runs and keep fit and all this kind of thing. Doom a level best. But the clon metal champagne is winning the battle this summer time, of course. But you can't in that weather, in that heat, oh god, that heat, you go out running, you just turn into Do you remember your Man and X men that got turned into water?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'd be like, Kelly, I do you know what horrendous human I was in Dublin a couple of weeks ago, and it was just the start of the write. Hot weather, and I was coming out from hosting a gig early enough gig. I was done by about half eight and corporating on Leason Street, right Leason Street, and this guy was out jogging. He was half eight at night and there was twenty five degrees go in the fuck and this guy was jogging no short on loo looked like yeah, it looked like a Greek god in all airness to him, like, you know what I mean, But you're kind of gonna let you could have gone for a run anywhere, now.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Did you you? Why don't just put your number across your back? Yeah, like in all fairness to him, tap of the cap unreal rig but let like sweating away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's That's not what the people on the on Guard distributor road sea in this weather. No running around with my fucking pizza slice taties bobbing around the place.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see if that's maybe I could tempt you because I saw this guy, maybe you could be tempted to have.
Speaker 2: Nope, But yeah, and I you know, not for nothing as well, tom uh normally we get this heat in the summertime, thankfully, mercifully we get it in the summertime. And then just must be said that all of my favorite things are not in the summertime. So all of my favorite things are like Christmas and Halloween and open fires, tom and turf fires and kicking back and relaxing and and and it getting dark at six o'clock in the day. So when I look out at the middle of any given day and it's like looking out into the serengetti, I'm just like, all right, this is not my time of year.
Speaker 3: I'm not built for this, isn't it funny? Like you're just like other people have themselves convinced I need to roast myself. And you're like, Noreen, you haven't seen sun in eleven and a half months. What makes you think your skin can take it? I have you stop doing anything for eleven and a half months, if you stop boxing training, if you stop writing for them, Maybe we're young for the summer. You wouldn't write for the whole summer, and you come back then in September and you may be holding it up your nostril like the fucking pencil. Like people just go well, I'm just gonna scold massive, like, okay, melanoma, Mary, what are you hoping for here? Like? What's beautiful? Sure? Don't you look great? Like there are other nations who go the other way, who block themselves from the sun. So it's not the look suntanned, because it's the property.
Speaker 2: It must be said, like, I've never been a sun worship or time. I never want to lie out from it. If I'm on hollering this orn like that, I might lie out for like but like forty minutes into what I'm getting, you know you're not built for it here. Where can I go and walk?
Speaker 4: This is not for me here?
Speaker 3: The some there's a new form of sun worship too, actually in the last year, so you know there's always a new variation of yoga and these things, and you know, goats climbing all over your head. Have you seen the lads who just talk off fully and just hold their legs up and just spread their ainus for the sun that I do? Yeah, yeah, I do. I knew I recognized you that at the back. I just I just literally up the back.
Speaker 2: And it was just like right, get as much of it into me as I can yeah, this whole thing of.
Speaker 3: I'll take my sorry, I don't have not a sun worship. I just take my son anally.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I just like one good.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm going to tell you to take my son as a suppository.
Speaker 2: We've we've all we're all friends here, Tom, We've all had like a Chinese that was too hot for us, We've all had an India hot for us, and you know all about it the next day.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine having sun borne up your whole? I did?
Speaker 3: I once I went, I went for a vindaloo one time. I thought I was braver than anything, and I knew. I knew even coming home with pints on me afterwards, I knew to put the title role in there is going to be bad, and I was hundred percent right. It was horrific for three days here. I don't know what sort of humans who do this? Do you have any did you develop any tricks? Because what I found myself developing is do you know like those spiders out and is the Iraq there that they chase shadows? They only they can only survive radiant shadows. There's snow white these hoh.
Speaker 2: I've seen something like the horrific.
Speaker 3: Things that they can actually inesetize while chewing your leg off in the middle of the desert. If there was just one more thing to keep you awake while you were fighting the erect war back in the day, they would they could, like a lad could wake up with a stump, but have felt nothing because this.
Speaker 2: But these have heard I have heard of those spiders stump. I believe they're called iraq nids.
Speaker 3: Jesus anyway, comedy guys, what's.
Speaker 2: The deal If a fucking if a podcast and ruins that joke, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To I hope it stops all over with fucking pet pest control. The I found myself. You know, you're driving into car parks now and you're like, yeah, we're what ways the sun shining? I found myself like pulling beside big transits who are casting a shadow, like every little help, every little help, just to keep a bit out. I even dug it out, dug out that silvery thing that my wife maybe by it's five years ago in al the the you know the silvery thing that you see Yeah, yeah, yeah, any good it does. I mean, now, if you leave a crack open on the windows, you're going to be okay the car actually it does reflect and afla. But I see lads and other car parks who the car has been sitting all the day and they're fucking trying to catch the steering with with their sleeves to pulled over. Man, I tell you what it is.
Speaker 4: You find the car.
Speaker 3: It's hot obviously for a second, but the old air can it gets it gets cooled real quick because not because not every millimeter offucking plastic is cooking in the sun all day. That being said, it's the hottest, you know what I mean. I found myself really enjoying going into the supermarket because yeah, you find yourself going straight to like the fridgile, you know, the freezer. Yeah, it's just rolling down along there. You'd never know that we might need more peas.
Speaker 4: You just don't know.
Speaker 3: You just don't know wandering into places that aircon.
Speaker 2: Do you know what we're going to tell you, Tom Now, I think for the Tom and Jerry Show, we've we've spent a long enough talking about the weather, and hopefully now by the time we come around next year, we have sorted out whatever it is it's causing all this and not have it again. But from now I think we will say goodbye to mister Sun and start talking about another lad. How does that sound to you?
Speaker 3: It sounds good to me. All right, let's talk about this lad.
Speaker 4: There's that nice.
Speaker 3: Nice this is this is right up there with men thoughts, honestly.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Yeah, we debated whether we were going to talk about this situation here, folks, because it starts with a tragedy. And and I guess ends as well as could be expected.
Speaker 3: But this is what it could be hoped. You're not expect it as well.
Speaker 2: As could be hope. Yes, indeed, this is the incident in Argentina last week where a flight instructor called Lenardo bert Hazo tragically took his own life by jumping from a plane while it was in mid air. He was a flight instructor. No no, no, no, no, kind of old man twenty you know, as age would be here now Tomas about.
Speaker 3: Forty two, forty two.
Speaker 2: And and Dan talk. The decision tragically to to to to end his life by jumping out of the plane came as a surprise, that must be said to the lady who was given flight instructions two at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, poor Rosario, there she was only what twenty two to twenty three just kind of two? Yeah, what's not? And yeah made for the fucking ground. I mean, when looking this up, this is by no means an isolated case.
Speaker 2: He's not an isolated incident.
Speaker 3: No, holy shit. I mean, I'd consider taking flying Sson once upon a time, but I don't know. Now. I'll be honest with you. I have a psyche test done on the lad teaching me first. I mean, we've all. I mean, when I did my driving test, the wound seventeen years of age. But the woman that was giving me the lessons was the most foul mouthed, angry, psychotic old lady. You've like, you've never heard corson until you've heard an eighty three year old called you a fucking egypt You know, she had a ruler to hit me across the knuckuts. But I remember thinking going, this is the most disgraceful way of teaching anybody.
Speaker 2: But it was done.
Speaker 3: It was the late nineties. I passed, and all of a sudden she turned into like the mother from the then grandmother from Dennis the Menace. Remember what the old one next door like? Yeah? No, I had no point that I think driving down, you know, by the Maid of Errand and Tipperary Town. As I made a left and she said to make a fucking right. You fucking eed it. Did I think she was going to just pull the fucking parachute and just roll out of the thing, open.
Speaker 2: The door and leap out. Yeah, it must be said as well for those that haven't heard the story, the flight instructor. When you jumped out, it wasn't like with a parachute on them, or.
Speaker 3: I'll get out here, so you take it home and give me a shout in the morning.
Speaker 2: I forgot something good luck.
Speaker 3: The mother question.
Speaker 2: But Purel Rosario was left to fend for herself in the says No. One fifty aircraft, which is not a leer jet or anything like that. But it's more plain that I would be comfortable flying on my own, on my second or toward lesson. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 3: It's not a horse and carriage. They're they're fucking well off the ground. And he, like Albertassio, he turns around, you know what to do, so carry on and fucked himself out the door. I mean just led in all the time. Could you wait it? Could you just taken it up yourself.
Speaker 2: And we can't cant for people to what people to be thinking. I'm not thinking in situations like this. But as you said yourself, Tom, he's not the only one to do this, right. You've got the boys there that have done similar right.
Speaker 3: There's a there was another guy last year and he did it in a plane and it was it was in America, and there was another guy. He did it while it was a helicopter, which is more much more difficult. It would seem like if you can, if you're not fully compasmentus over a helicopter, yeah you're And even I think bill Board did a bit about it, and he was just talking about can you imagine? He wasn't even he wasn't going for the funnies. He was just can you imagine being in that scenario? Or you're just going right look out the fucking door, am angos? Like now, I think weirdly, I think one guy survived. I think trying to do trying to do it, it was like what the fuck? Put in all fairness to Rosario and I'll tell you one thing, she want to get a few pounds for this, not at least after whatever company owns the plane. She fucking got a down dar.
Speaker 2: Well, this is it. This is why Rosario herself now is this week's this lad. She is the lady. This lad can be anyone, folks, this lad, this lady Rosario sur name has not been made public as far as my five minutes of Google and can tell she managed to land, this says the one fifty by herself under what must have been tom It has to be said incredibly fucking uh against circumstances. I mean, I mean, there's one thing to land the plane.
Speaker 3: At the best of is, and even to land the plane with your man saying nothing to you. But if your man has already just committed suicide alongside you, you're like what like you're you're not in a good head space at this point. But I tell you one thing, it's a fair indictment to this one Rosaria to say she has you know, as they say, she hit nerves and shit fucking results.
Speaker 2: That's what she did, you know, twenty two years of age, Argentinian, you know, probably got the World Cup on my mind and everything, like, you know, you're not going on. So I suppose in honor of Rosario, who got that job done, the land of the plane safely without you know, plowing it into a school or something. Tom, I ask you this, and you don't need to ask me because you know my answer.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you think you could land a plane? Buddy?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Me too, Thank you. I thought you were going to fight me on this one, because now you don't think I can fight a bear. There's like there's McBride thinks he can fight a bear, thinks he can land a play in. But like Tom, I absolutely can fight a bear and I absolutely can land a plane anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Now have you ever done one of the flight simulators I have played?
Speaker 2: I've never done the big commercial man.
Speaker 3: Now, so are you're going to tell me you did something at home? Now in the PlayStation?
Speaker 2: But I had the I had. I had the proper joysticks and throttles and the whole lot of it.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, sure there you go. I mean, now, were you in your socks with a couple of t beside Jane at home? You were?
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, Tom, I'm so proficient at it. I probably had a couple of cans me and got that thing and fucking shut down several enemy aircraft along the way.
Speaker 3: I was agreeing with you there because I was like, okay, all right, well, I mean I I'm all right. I mean I can drive quite a lot of things, you know, I can fucking hell them, all right, all right when it comes to driving things have a teleporter fucking license, you know, or ticket. But it would anything I've ever tried, and I did a simulator last Christmas? Would you believe about a jet fighter and and an airliner? And honestly, for everything you're thinking on I can do that. There are so many fucking things that play that are fair and iron You're like, what why is that over there?
Speaker 2: Why is there?
Speaker 3: Why is gravity and wind and auturbulent and all this fucking thing acting against me? And meanwhile, okay in a hotel suite, like I have to tell.
Speaker 2: Your time right as you mentioned it there, Okay? Do I think that I could do all the controls and switches of a commercial airliner and turn the don't turn the turn the fasten your seatbut switch on? Do I know where all that is? Do I know where the gauges are? All that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Can I roughly speak in spot somewhere that looks like a plane can land and and fly a plane towards its slow enough that it just sort of bombs on the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I can do that now, Yes, you could profit. Now, your experience of flying anything probably starts and end like most of us, where you're trying to feed a child with a spoon and you're making where you know the depth of the spoon, the height of the spoon, you can see the trajectory of the spoon. But if you're sitting thirty thirty feet up in chin inside the tiny little fucking greenhouse, do you know the bottom of this plane is where the bottom of it? Because there I would say to take as a few tempts a hop on that thing off the fucking ground first before we'd get it to glide in quite nicely. But would it would you mind if I if I gave you, please, if I gave you the very brief, very brief rundown on what to do, and then you tell me if there's any of it that stands out where you're like, yeah, maybe right, or you go actually yeah, and now I'm even more assured. So number one, right, So if if you're instructed, well just say your instructor passes out. We're not We're not gonna say that the poor fucker pulled the door and jumped out right, So we're just gonna say passes out. So force things forced. Make sure they're not leaning none enything. That's my advice, right, Be sure they're thought they're leaning back the way, or fuck them out onto the ground at the very leads to put them in a recovery position. Now, if autopilot is on, lave it on, right, leave it if you need to fly, man, you need gently correct the plane's pitch, which is up and down, yes, and bank left and right until your wings are level with the horizon. Jar you think straight lines, I'd be confident with straight lines, like, I'm pretty pretty good now. So you've studied it, you've steadied it. You're in the air. Time to declare an emergency. Can't do this by yourself, McBride. I know you're pure die hard, like you'll just go God, damn, guys.
Speaker 2: I need to I need I need to ring the ror and let them know to have six cans of Heineken that already.
Speaker 3: And a twenty pack of Major just for the hell of it, just with the job. So now you need to put on your headset jar. You can operate that no problem, and you need to speak very clearly. None of his manatan fuck hey, none of that crack.
Speaker 2: Okay, see me after class, mister Roman.
Speaker 3: Go on, this is this is says you just find coming from you, you fucking culture. But anyway you do need There is a button, a PTT button.
Speaker 2: What does PtD stand for?
Speaker 3: Push to talk? PTT push to talk? Okay, right, and that is on the yoke, right, okay. Now you're only allowed to transmit with one one one word three times. Jar, what's it going to be?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Maybe? Maybe, God, you might be okay.
Speaker 2: I've seen executive decision.
Speaker 3: So stage your aircraft's tail number. It starts with it N in the US.
Speaker 2: How do you pull up with the N C T and to say, what's the regular caramel?
Speaker 3: Back out the window, Let me duck out.
Speaker 2: The wind and check here, hang on a second, I know it's you know, it's two one two D on a second here, okay, So best to fucking look me knowing them.
Speaker 3: Well, assume it's an Irish and Irish one and it's Ei, right Ei e I oh so ei in Ireland, and explain that your instructor has panned out. Yes, just tell them that story first and foremost, right, and it's not just some mad fucking you know, my Monahan terrorist has taken over the plane. If you can't find the right radio frequency, so you're talking to fucking nobody. This is one to remember for everybody. Right, tune the Emergency GUARDE channel into one two one point five.
Speaker 2: One two one point five.
Speaker 3: Welcome to one two one point few five Emergency Radio. Come to you in all airwaves.
Speaker 2: Home of the fuck then soon to be fucked.
Speaker 3: Ye. Now follow the ATC guidance right, so the air traffic control will become your lifeline now at this point, char so they can often use radar or pinpoint your location and root you to the nearest, safest runway. So you you're confident you'd know what a run any kind of runway would look like. You can't fund fifty, right, so.
Speaker 2: I'm also called that I know what a gafield looks like.
Speaker 3: Tom, Yeah, not sure. You've got a big plane here now, right, So you've got a big fucking plain right. They'll talk you through everything you need to do, every switching dial and leave it a whole lot because they have training for this. That your transponder, the ATC might ask you to change change the squad code on your radio to seventy seven hundred. This alerts all radio stations that you're in an emergency. Now what there anybody around? You can't do it? Now, time to fly the planeger they can and focus entirely on the instruction. The controller gives you regarding speed at you the whole lot, so you're tipping along. They got you over the over the track.
Speaker 2: The flying is the handy bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the handybit. Now here comes the London. Do not attempt a standard traffic pattern unless ATC ask you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tom, I wasn't going to attempt a standing standard traffic pattern because that is yeah, I'm going to line it up and and and and gradually slow down as I reached it.
Speaker 3: So they will usually vector you in for a long, straight, final approach. So what I think what they're saying is like your average pilot can come swinging around the corner of Glass Nevin and fuck it down in Dublin, whereas they will line you in from Cork. If you'll get me, They'll say, do you see a load of Cork people?
Speaker 2: I do, right, I can them.
Speaker 3: Keep them on your left. Do you see a load of expert people.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: Keep them on your right now, pointed straight for Dublin, please, And that's the kind that's what vectoring is, I believe. Now listen close to the guide, and when you're lower your landing gear, deploy your flaps and reduce your throttle. Jar. Yeah you'll comfort back, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So when over the runway, gently pull the throttle to idle and pull back slowly on the controls to let the rear wheels touch the tarmac first, so you're pulling up per nose to throw our urs down first. Once on the ground, break very gently, keep the plane centered and wait for emergency responders. I like this at the very end of it. Are you currently experiencing emergency? Are you preparing for.
Speaker 4: In the air.
Speaker 2: Here or anything? Now? But I like, you know, I could have probably figured all of that out without ringing any air traffic controller and and without the help of the Tom and Jerry show. This is all the guy for other people because.
Speaker 3: I knew all that, right, Okay, So you I haven't There is no way you you haven't been deterred in any way, No.
Speaker 2: Not at all. Emboldened if anything. I'll tell you what I would have done different though, the big bright way of doing it. That all makes sense, And yeah, I probably would do that, all right, one two, one point five. Yeah, I just ring that just to let them know. One come in as a courtesy. Now, I'm not looking for help, lads, I just needed to know.
Speaker 3: Man, you do like a fly by like a top gun, like, let me tell you, tom as long as.
Speaker 2: I get it on the ground, I think I'm buying large, okay, Like, so all I need to know is can I fly this around onto the fuck call patrol in it? So even if you know, so even if there is like you know, a bit of a scrape on the ground, it's not going to explode and take me with it. Do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Or you're trying to run the tank dry.
Speaker 2: So that tank sort of dry, yeah, sort of gliding, you know.
Speaker 3: So hopefully that there's just no petroline attact you just blow up. And I mean there's that that would be seen as being both yeah, overly cautious, but at the same time absolutely flagrant with other people's lives. Do you know, Jerry's just gonna have a bit of a jolly, do you know what I do? I'll fly over Tom's house. How's that and just say hell out of view.
Speaker 2: People like up here. And I feel like once I get it, even if I don't deploy the landing gear, if I get that thing on the ground, I'll take that as a win.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're just going to grind it to a halt with a thousand meters of sparks, yes, okay, all right with fuel tanks.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's that sound U reasonable? Because it sounds pretty fing awesome to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you would come in and I want you to throw it outside as well as you come towards the very end, like you're drifting the fucking thing, like just yeah, I love I love that. There's absolutely nothing in your mind that absolutely takes a backward step there. Every bit of that sounds like, yeah, yeah, Now, this is people. This is Jerry who's on a regular basis. Leave me voice and it's going, can you hear that? You're that how many months do I have left before I've got this thing? It's all right, it's before it costs me a fucking fortune.
Speaker 2: Well do you feel that you two could could land a plane now? Thanks to the Tama Jerry Show.
Speaker 3: I actually do. I do. I hate admitting it because I like to be a realist, because I've driven some counts of yolks like that. You're going this pig of a thing like I can't back up an Arctic truck well.
Speaker 2: Abtually one thing. I'd fly a plane quicker than a drive an articlry.
Speaker 3: That thing is like two gearboxes, that's true. And there's loads happening there like there and.
Speaker 2: Loads going on. I wouldn't know what way. I didn't want to know where the stuff. I wouldn't have turned that fucking on.
Speaker 3: The only saving grace of flying in the sky is that there's little no chance of hitting something else up there, right, do you know? Because I mean, if they put out the emergency call, you'd hope that actual experienced pilots are good. It's still clear. It's good, you know what I mean? Like, you know, best of look Maverick, but where's there. We're going to detour, stay fifty miles away from you, Thank you very much? You yeah, bestI look, look, do.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: Tom Mavericks are pretty good. When we're gonna we're gonna maybe move on to the next segment of the show because as a maverick or two in it as well. Now, but like I say, fair playta Rosaria. That got that playing down in Argentina. A rough week for you, missus, but you are this lad on the Tom and Jerry Show later. It's not all fucking sad ssach. But we are going to move on to some other mavericks in the final segment of the show where we look back. That's strange things we've noticed in our forty some odd years on this planet. We call the segment we remember when when I was a young lad twenty or thirty or forty years ago.
Speaker 3: It had to be kind of this could have been this lad as well. I suppose really it could have been, because for many reasons. More than anything is that I'm amazed that you didn't know who at all, Luke Cohmbes was that past had no idea he passed you by more on who I thought he was. But go on, Luke Combs, as we to speak here has just been so explaining to slay two nights.
Speaker 2: In a row, which is like not the kind of thing that people do. All that terrible off. Number one, I remember the time that the people of slain wouldn't let you do it. But now apparently as Luke combs, we love him and it is the first time ever for slaying Tom where not only am I not all that familiar with the artist and the music, I've never heard of this motherfucker in my life.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm flabbergasts given given your background and whatnot. But the fact that he sold out day two on the day of the All Ireland Horland Jail Final and the World Cup and the World Cup, that will tell you people like, don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Don't luks our man. So so it had me saying, Tom Luke, howas is a country star. I've obviously taken my eye off the ball in sometimes.
Speaker 3: I bet you you've heard his music and you didn't realize it, Like there's a there's a lot of them have exploded and mostly I think I think it can be all down to Yellowstone. I think it is probably the reason why country this is.
Speaker 2: So we'll give them that Tom. This segment is called we Remember when we are going to take a look back over our forty odd years on this planet, in particularly in this country and Tom, I've obviously taken my eye off the ball over the last twenty Can you tell me please, how has country music gotten.
Speaker 4: So big in Ireland over the last twenty years.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's exploded. We need to kind of take a compartmentalized the situation here. Of course, there was there was a period of I suppose I remember we're out in a hunting camping trip before, and I always like country music. But then again, like I would have Metallica playing like you know what I mean, and also you know I have Metallica, then Winnie Nelson like and then Pitbull do you know, yes, just and.
Speaker 2: It must be said up their way as well, we love country music as well, and I love it declines and the you know, the George Joneses of this world and the Marty Robbins like, you know, we all love our country and indeed our Western tom But yeah, like why you weren't filling stadiums?
Speaker 3: No, you weren't. You weren't you weren't. Right, there was a period there, we'll say, maybe ten years ago, right, but there was almost a kind of a shame factor where they came, oh, you know, like Lion Danson and what I did. Yeah, but so but I kind of never really you know, I like my pickup truck when I had it, but you know what I mean, it wasn't you know, it was just I is what he is now. That's not me saying I was country before and country, but there was an element of not his shame is the wrong word. But something happened, and I think possibly has helped with a few scenarios in say the last inside that last ten years where like said Garth Brooks came back during his four or five nights at you know in in Krok Park after the failure of the time before where he said, well if I ain't doing five, I'm not doing four. Like so I think that might have been a spark. And genuinely I think there has been a worldwide uptick in country apparel, country style thinking, country style talking. And I swear to god I joked about it talking with people before. And it was a radio about a year ago. When I'm putting it down the timeline, it it runs in conjunction with Yellowstone. It really does like Carhart jackets, you know, beards, cowboy hats, wearing fucking wranglers and brown boots. Do you know this kind of crack seems to have be and one lean to hand, and then these stars just seemed to beco glowobally and globe by globally. Social media is what brings it. And they were always going to be big in America because you've grand Ole Opera, You've naturally the whole.
Speaker 2: South, You've got America's money.
Speaker 3: So you've got Morgan Wallen probably the biggest, biggest you've never heard of, I can tell by your face, right, the biggest, probably the biggest song that has ever been on Spotify. It's into the billions now, it's into over a billion place by Morgan Wallen, by Morgan Wallen. And there's a bunch more of these guys. Zach Brian, he'd be country, but he's a bit kind.
Speaker 2: Of Flake's who. That's who I thought Luke Comb's was. When I saw Luke Comb's selling outlay and I was like, all right, because I remember Luke Comb sold out the Phoenix Park a couple of years ago. No, we didn't, right, Zach Brian did. And I was like, there's of these lads, there's a two of them are selling seven hundred thousand tickets in Ireland.
Speaker 3: But so we'll come, we'll we'll park out for where it is. Country music is hot right now and it's it's the thing that brings seems to bring people together, that there's always going to be a genre of something that brings me together. And I would say it's not exclusive. I would imagine two country folk, but it definitely does lend itself to country folk, do you know what I mean? And there are outside of the cities, the largest population in Europe per head of capital of rural people.
Speaker 2: In rural people.
Speaker 3: Rural people now, I mean rural can spread. I'm short of villages and small towns and stuff like that. But you jump back thirty years there where there was a gap when it kind of fell off a cliff. Wait, I'm guessing dance music maybe took it out of the youths a zeitgeist, but you had, like I previously mentioned, Garth Brooks.
Speaker 2: Let me tell let's talk about him for just a lets second, okay, because this one I do remember. I remember when Garth Brooks exploded onto the scene in the late eighties early nineties. I got friends in low places and like that caused more of a store in rural Monaghan than any other artist I've ever say, saying it's like this was more than the impact of point Oays has showed up for fucking Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: Or anyone like this.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, it was like the country music that we love, that we danced to out weddings, that our mom and dads love. But now it's kind of it's kind of cool, and it's big stadiums and he's popping up out of the stage and big busting guitars and yeah, busting guitars and he's roorn and it's it's like it's it's like I think it was the first time we'd ever seen like an MTV music video for a country song. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, like of the production levels of Aerosmith and shit like this, only it's a country song. It stand in the far yeah, like you know, and that was like such big shit in like the early nineties in ourland. I remember that, we remember that, we lived through it, and fuck if it's not background.
Speaker 3: Again, it's one hundred percent background again. And it's nearly they've kind of gone. But you know where if there was you know, pump and makeup and big shoulder pads in the nineties kind of version, now it seems to be the kind of strip back, gritty everyday blue color, genuine blue color kind of fella like, yeah, Luke Combs is wearing you know, like a workman short. Do you know he looks like the fella that's pulling the exhaust off your car, right, he genuinely does. He looks like he's just after launching the front wheels of a John Deere sixty two ten. And he might go for a few pints of the weekend and got more junior bee playing on Sunday and might even fall in himself playing goals. Do you know he looks rough as fuck like a lad? He looks like he looks like a lad, and that, you know. And then you've got Zach Bryant who was genuinely came from poverty and was in the Marines and smokes faggs on stage, you know, and things like I'm not not condoning faggs, but like faggs, you know, Oh no, they don't exist, don't you know? There was this whole kind of thing where things were the realness of a human shouldn't exist on stage. You should look like a Pantomam character nearly where people believe you're bigger and more special than you are. But when you see a fella with the sleeves cut off his T shirt and a couple of shy tattoos he got when he was abroad, you know, in service, smoking effect and singing our very good song and all means some very very good songs. With Dermott Kennedy backing it up. For the Irish coming out on stage with him, you're going, Oh Jesus Christ, it is back and now like everything, like everything. If there's a fucking snowball running down the hill, there'll be some fuck ready to sell merch in the shape of go.
Speaker 2: You know. I'm just looking at a picture of Luke Combs here and he looks like fucking Larry the cable guy.
Speaker 3: He does yeah, only a big version of him, like yeah he had. He has this bit where he it's in the middle of a song called It's about drinking beer for sure, you know, and he does we we could, and there's a line in it where where we shot let's shotgun one. You know the shotgun again, you crack the bottom of it and you you know you've done it many of the time. I'm sure we've done it together.
Speaker 2: Success.
Speaker 3: No, sure, there is no success in it like regards even if it gets all in your mouth, you're like, well, that was a waste to fucking have tasty beer. But anyway, the first night he had Arne Noon come out in the middle of the song, Garden, I don't even know if he's much of a drinker, but the putt again a couple of inness in his hand. He took a sip of it. But what I love is Garden went through the motions. I don't think he drinks like and he went through the motions. He had the big male jersey on him and it's great. But then he did it on Sunday night and uh for former former rugby player Rory Best, who was known to be a fairly loosey goosey when he got got the pintes on him, and he's supposed to be a right good man for a session, by fuck, he nearly fucking sucked the kind inside out. When he came out, he wasn't messing her best. He gave it a good fucking hide and like he looked a part two, you know what I mean. But I'm like, it's it's now. It's almost like it's funny to see it because I've seen the two. I've seen the gap of shame where there was no country music and the mains you had Irish stars all right playing to Oh we're doing fine, doing very well. And I've talked about it on this scene, almost the underworld of country music in hotels and dance halls while I was gigging in other places. But yeah, there was the Garth Brooks huge gap, and now it's back. It's almost like dare I say it? And the people that fucking I am going to say it anyway, and you won't find many other people making this comparison on a podcast, but it's almost like the Pride coming out, if you know what I mean. There's now a casting off of the shame where it's like, oh no, we all we you love it right? I love it too? Oh yeah, I love you like silace and I like silence. We should totally sing along to this guy who's talking about having a truck.
Speaker 2: And famously shy and retiring country people finally have a voice.
Speaker 3: You know, But you say it like that, like it's it's easy to take the narrative of what would be deemed urban people got fucking culties, like what the fuck you know? Like there's there has to be something to a representative for everybody, like and it would That's what I see if if I stood back from way back and zoomed way back out to the plant, That's what I'm looking at. But country music has always been big an Ireland for good reason. Jar they like, if you really went back into it, country music has not just Ireland but Ireland to thank for a lot of its creation. Yeah, because I've asked this question before, I could never understand the like they like now they love country music in the Netherlands, they love it, in Germany, they love it. In England, Scotland especially they love it. I was like, why why do they love it? And they don't love say ballet, do you know what I mean? They don't love classic classical like what is that? And you see then like the lad's up the north are buying like you know, bullnos, fucking mac trucks to just look American and just putting on America. What is it? And it's the country music was developed and create, not created, but it came about organically in the likes of the Virginia Hills, the Appalachian Mountains and stuff like that, where would have had an awful of Scots and Irish. Now the argument is for Hillbilly would have been the Scottish that actually went there first. Who would have been Willemites of you know, followers of the Lights of King William or what not.
Speaker 2: It was another name for them.
Speaker 3: Tom just gonna. I don't know Jared's I think we've used upper quota already in the fourth second of this show.
Speaker 2: Boy, he's given credit to the orangeman.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. I'm not because it's it would argue like they argue, like if you look at how many like I don't know enough about music to really decide for this properly, but speaking to people that do, it's the cadence and the speed and the bountiness of Yeah, the original country music Ken Now there was influences from Africans to African American slaves that were brought in and people who were freed and stuff who had their own bluesy style. It's normally, I like, the best stuff comes from people that are fucking impoverished to get there typically, you know what I mean, like what else to do? Like, you know, so if you know, you look at the how stand up comedy came about you know, would have been people that came out of Italian Irish Jewish neighborhoods in New York who had full really like you know, and it's same like the fiddle is still the fiddle in Ireland, and it's this fiddle in country music. It's not called the violin, even though it is a violin. It's just how it's fucking played, That's the simple thing of it. But there would have been there would have been mixtures in from Scott's, Irish and African Americans to create this, but it would have been a lot of people who could perpetrate it. Would have been like they found after World War Two, apparently when country music was being sent back to Ireland along with rock and roll, I guess at the time and stuff like that. Country just when Gangbosters in Ireland. Hank Williams would have been there. I mean, I remember like tapes of Charlie Price, you know, the crystal chandelier being in the Outlands car, like you know, he's playing and he's just fucking playing it like you're listening to Charlie Bright, whether you're liking or that. You know, Hank Williams, some of the saide this music. I'm so lonesome, I could die. You want to tune. But they sang about things that seemed to I guess maybe for repressed Ireland at the time. You know, Family Farman, Artbreak God, the Indians. Yeah, you know, like they had all the they had all the recipe that it would seem irish people wanted to listen to at the time, and it was those particular things. There was nobody talking about how he pulled all the women. An absolute legend, you know, like you even go back and anybody wants to go and understand our our our deep rooted love for Dolly Parton, you can go and find our beatification of Dolly Parton episode.
Speaker 2: Way back in.
Speaker 3: That woman had nothing and she grew up in the smoking Tennessee Hills. You know, she was like if you wrote down the points that you needed from a country star. She had all of the background, the intelligence, you know, she had, the heartbreak, she had, you know, all of those things was two more. I'm going to leave that with you.
Speaker 2: So it was it so all all that you fast forward twenty thirty years now and all of a sudden you have Luke Combs putting forward that he's going to sell one hundred and ninety thousand tickets to slain in County Meade and everybody's like, yeah, no problem, sounds reasonable. Third night waiting for you there if you want.
Speaker 3: You see, this is the thing, And I think it never went away. Its slapping some people in the face, like what the fuck. But that period that I talked about, that was almost the shame period of when nobody was blauring it out the fucking you know, nobody was driving down the driving on a Connell Street like with the crystal chandeliers Blairing likened like. But it was kept taking over by very successful country stars in Ireland and people we'll forget about this like people, and I say successful, not on a global level. But I'm telling you now, Jar, I've been doing the gig in the smaller room when a country star you may or may not have heard of, just pulled in with a fucking Metallica sized fucking tour buses a rig behind it and maybe ten staff and another fucking six in the band and they're filling the ballroom of two people playing fifteen Blaney yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, quite literally playing the Glenn, Karen and Blaney and I'm playing the small room around the corner to sixty people.
Speaker 2: Like, now here's what I'm going to say. It in a controversial but here we are. Oh Jesus, I think we we must not also downplay when you say that whole shame period of twenty odd years that you couldn't.
Speaker 4: Get you know, you had to play country music in the hedges music.
Speaker 2: We have to let this point state that Taylor Swift, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cree artist she was, yeah, yeah, yeah's always my desirous suppose well for the.
Speaker 2: For the for the longest of times, before they really went full pop, full stadium, full the whole lot and became the artists that they are now. They were and they were country stars singing country music. It's a lot story. You maybe just say yes, I mean, that's a that's a country song all day.
Speaker 3: I suppose yeah, yeah, And there is there is an element that had to maybe change evolve with the way the world was and the way the youth was. Their stuff had to evolve. And they don't get me wrong, it didn't go away like it just it dampened down a bit here. But like you're looking at something like Toby Keith, who was selling, you know, selling out Madison Square Gardens when he wouldn't sell care house here. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's it's it's it's It's like when it's like the biggest stars that we had over here, like even at the height of the Watis and whatnot, to go over to America and they won't sell shit, you know what I mean. It's just curious how it works. But for whatever reason, now Tom, we appear to be on the crest of the wave of country music success. It can only be a matter of time before mister Brooks comes back from another handful of gigs.
Speaker 3: Would you say, oh, he's yeah, I would say he no, he like he will be back here. He will for folk's sake, of course he'll be back here. I mean he can say it's not for the money, but but you know.
Speaker 2: We ain't doing it for the charity either, Buddy, he's not here. Have you now to say on the country music revival there that we've witnessed in our time or share we wrapped this baby up?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I think there. I mean, if revival, I think it was built on the shoulders of great people here in Ireland. If you're going to talk about country music because not to unlike probably a relation to yours, Big Tom.
Speaker 2: Do you know he's not a relation theres but he is only up the road. Yeah, somebody got to him. There's more McBride's live around me than I'm.
Speaker 4: Not related to.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Yeah, that's there's a mental and none of us are related to each other at all. Just whatever weave up bounced I did.
Speaker 3: Once and it was it told me that country was still big in Ireland when because I suppose you're not mixing with people, especially when we when we lived in Dublin to two of us, like for the longest time, you're not mixed with people that talk about it or go to it and stuff like that, so it's easy to forget about it. But I remember doing the warm up for the Lately Show Country special. Yes, and I've done maybe twenty of them at this stage, and they were all, you know, grand gigs. I made them all right because I was long enough in the tooth to know what I was dealing with. But an absolute horror gig if you were trying to do stand up at him like you know what I mean, I'm yeah, but fuck me. I have to say the warm up for the Country Special was some crack easy. They were fucking up for it and they didn't give a shit. Their favorite people, Filhemina Begley was going to be rolled out. I don't think Daniel made an appearance, but Margo was rolled out, Nathan Carter was rolled out, John Mike Denver was rolled out. You know, they had them all rolled out and people were just fucking hopping after like they were already. It was like up for the match. These people were fucking buzzing. They were levitating off the seats and like imagine if I could saying and I just burst into you know, blaming all the my roots the fucking place, what they would have ripped the roof off fucking Dublin for that night. Like yeah, because you could see why. You can see why people who can sing or whatever fall in love with such a situation, Because dare I say, if you have a couple of the recipes you're you know you can Nathan Carter, you can sing that fuckers has He doesn't sing in fucking Liverpool. He's from Liverpool, lives here, makes a fortune here because he's got the look. He's really good at singing other people's songs, and that's that's it. That's it. There's not a lot of banter on him. To be honest, the banter levels fairly poor. He's got the two things you need. He can sing about the wagon wheels and he's got.
Speaker 4: A good look. That's it.
Speaker 3: After that, it's fucking gravy.
Speaker 4: You and I.
Speaker 3: You know it, like if they're in the palm of your hand. You haven't even written the fucking samjar, so you know it's a safe bet you were singing some other for that song. Like you know, what's your man's name, Travis, No, I can't remember his name. That that rocker something rocker. That the wagon wheel He must be laughing all the way to the foot gone, keep going, keep going, funny Englishman in Ireland. This is fine by me. Keep going. But typ of the cap those people they know when they know when they like a thing.
Speaker 4: Those people are there.
Speaker 2: You go, and if you are one of the one hundred and eighty odd thousand people that were at the Luke Cumb's gig in Slain on Saturday and Sunday and with our audience, Tom, it would be a safe better those some of the salurgy.
Speaker 3: It was a fair few, and I guarantee we would.
Speaker 2: Like to hear from you in the comments on the Tom and Jerry Show. At Tom and Jerry Show, Tom with a T, Jerry with a G. Will get us on Instagram, you'll find us elsewhere on Bluest Guy and all that kind of good places. We had one question in from a listener here from William Over on Instagram. Ask Ques on the subject of music, would you like to record and perform as a for the Eurovision. I don't want to be like Winston from Ghostbusters, but if there's a steady paycheck in and I'll sing aw gee, you.
Speaker 3: Know what cher now, that would be a song.
Speaker 2: I will say. The Eurovision in his current state actually let me let me let me pull back on that ever so slightly. Time the Eurovision is current state, seems like it's no fucking crack whatsoever, with zero crack. It's all easy back it was and it wasn't all it wasn't so fucking rigged yea back in the day. Yeah, I'll sing with the best of man.
Speaker 3: I think we should. That's you know what, that's we should write a song. We should write a song for Eurovision. Come on, between the.
Speaker 2: Two, which of us is going to do the music time because it's not going to be me.
Speaker 3: We'll work it out. We'll work I know enough musicians help will I think we should write a song and we we join an actual musician who can help us along the way. But we write. We look, there's a handful of recipes, chre there's key changes, do you know what I mean? We just look the recipe that's gone down down to the years. You have to sing about, you know, freedom for the world and something mythical wouldn't be bad. I think we should really get into this, like there's.
Speaker 2: Nothing more medical than freedom for the world when you're singing at the tell you that much. We'll get William, you know what we're gonna tell you. We'll give it our level, we'll give it our ghost.
Speaker 3: I think we could Jerry could write a song, no problem.
Speaker 2: Well not half asset, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could write a song. You're great writer. You could write a song, no problem, Jesus. Yeah. Well, we'll find somebody with autotune that can help us sing.
Speaker 2: Tom while I'm writing a Eurovision winning song because I'm not going to it and not winning. While I'm writing that song. What else do you want these fine folks to do on the TOMMA.
Speaker 3: Do you know what fair play? You have as nearly up to one hundred five star ratings, So if you and we've a lot more you listen. If you don't listen to Spotify, fair enough, but if you can give five thumbs up, a five stars and one of a platform you live and listen, then please do hit subscribe if you have, if you go searching for this every week or because it's in there, just hit the bell as well so it turns up in your phone and you can now comment on Spotify as well. So do that. Yes, if you wanted to just let us know where we even listen to I'd love because I look in every so often as people man in mad place to listen to this. There's people in places where we're like a Papua New Guinea. Interesting, what has you there?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: So if you if you for the crack, if you.
Speaker 2: Can't come home, tom I've.
Speaker 3: Got suggested that if you know, if you're above an in Monahan, that is not exotic, it absolutely is. Let us know if you're in a Monon. But honestly, if you're out in an oil rig somewhere in you know, West Africa, just you know, and you're you're just going, you know what, I'm going to tell her, that's where you are. Even if you are in a black ops situation, tell us where we won't tell anyone, not the the finest right.
Speaker 2: Assure you your secret is safe. With the listenership at the Tomb and Cherry Show.
Speaker 3: These people don't talk to anybody. It's fine, exactly. I'm going to blame it all of my roots that you're I'm going to show up in boots and go lock those fucking goes in.
Speaker 2: I got a black player at going to ruin itself. Come good luck, head luck