Speaker 1: Five o five. Hope he buy k r C the talk station and to my vacation. Happy Monday, Well a vacation and that's the way.
Speaker 2: The news going.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed things back to square. Uh, well, things back to normal, I guess. I see Joe Strecker and the executive producer Booth missed having him around when I was here. I got a nice week off and I spend the time with my family and getting a lot of chores done. And you know, kind of said day this morning post Prance has died, and just heard the top of the hour news. Not a whole lot of information out other than obviously I think we all knew he was very, very sick, but timing mean he made it through another Easter anyway, Hope you in a nice easter as well. It was wonderful time at our house and got to celebrate my daughter's birthday which is today, Happy birthday to Lauren. But an enjoyable Easter celebration at the Thomas House yesterday. So thank you to my mom and to my wife for putting a whole dinner together. Was fantastic And feel free to call five on three seven eight hundred and eight two three taco with Town five fifty. If you have an AT and T phone and you got a comment about the pope passing away, I guess jd Vance got a visit in with him before he passed. If there's any connection to there, sorry, coming up the fifty five Cassey Morning Show. If it'd be President Kim Kober returned seven o five Saturday protests downtown blocking the streets? Question did they have a permit? Mare? I have to have provoll was there apparently riling the crowd up according to the notes I've got and violence, violence on the banks? Are you safe downtown at night? Care's a rather interesting article here than we believe, is that the inquire of the interview the mayoral candidates about safety and youthful well youth crime. It's kind of an amazing summary after purvol all these different programs that exist out there than just one after another after another after another. We're gonna do this, we're gonna do this, we funded this, we've founded this, we've done and things just seem to get worse. Corey Bowman rather abbreviated account of what he thinks need to be done, encouraging the model and importance of the family amen number one to that. I think the erosion of the family structure is probably the primary cause of all the problems we have in society, not all of them, but we had caring parents at home who cared about where their children were and brought them up with some measure or degree of ethics and morality, perhaps even religion. I think the world will be a much better place than it is right now. Anyhow, more on that later, but we'll talk with Ken Kober maybe a little bit about that. But the bank's violence, yes, it's a problem. Christopher Smith, Ivan seven twenty with the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati doing the Smith Event. I always enjoy hearing from Christopher, and I hope you do too. It is Monday, so nine times out of ten we get money Monday with Brian James, and today is one of nine times out of ten. We'll talk to stock market volatility. We'll talk about should you look at your four one gay no, is this a good buying opportunity? And where are the feder rate's gonna go up or down? Or sidewise? Plus empower you got bright Bart Francis Martel's during the Power You seminar We're gonna get a few of the details at eight forty from Francis Martel. So there's your line up today tomorrow of course. Daniel Davis deep dive. There's supposed to be a ceasefire between Ukraine and Russia, and both sides were accusing each other of violating it or something, and Donald Trump looking to pull the plug in the whole thing. Listen, if you guys don't sit down and start talking peace, I'm just done with it. I'm washing my hands of the whole matter. Leave it to Europe anyway. In sofar as the Pope passing, the most Reverend Dennis Schner, the Archbishop Ameritas Cincinnati, had this to say, please join me in praying for the repose of the soul of our beloved Pope Francis, who was the Vicar of Christ, the successor of Saint Peter, and a faithful shepherd of Jesus or Christ Church longbi remembered for his great compassion for the elderly, the sick, the unborn, the persecuted, and all those on the margins of society. Continuously reminded us that we are the stewards of God's creation and not its master, and he was an unwavering champion of world peace, after a life dedicated to proclaiming the good news of our Lord's saving love for us, that Pope Francis now inherit the reward of eternal rest with God. He was the first pope from the Southern Hemisphere, the first pope from the Americas, and the first non European elected in almost thirteen hundred years. Also the two hundred and sixty fifth successor of Saint Peter. So there's a couple of facts about Pope, whether or not you knew about him or not. And in other related news, perhaps unrelated, it was Easter yesterday, and the insanity in the world is never ceases to amaze me. You know, it's the It's it's Christianity's big day. I mean, you got Easter and Christmas, but I think Easter probably a little bit to higher up in the importance within the Christian faith. So it was with disgust I read this. I feel like I'm in the stack of stupid early this morning, and people's condemnation and mocking of religion just for the sake of mocking it, I find horrific and disgusting. Let people live their own lives, but to mock people of faith merely, I think, just for the obscene joy and pleasure that those folks that mock get from mocking Christians. So of course we're in San Francisco for this one. A San Francisco based drag queen group apparently facing some backlash after its Easter performance Mocking Jesus and Christianity was actually marketed to children. Described as a controversial show you'd say held over the weekend. Future performances, some critics argue crossed the line making light of sacred Christian symbols and belief. Group has defended its performance in spite of the outrage expressed by many Christians and just regular folks who think it's really insane that you, I mean, you just choose and to mock something for the sake of mocking it. They claim it was meant to be an inclusive celebration of creativity and self expression. Sisters of Perpetual Will Indulgence described as a self professed excuse me, order of queer and trans nuns. That's in quotes, I guess that's at their website. Host of this year's event called No Easter Without the Tea event described as meaning to honor transgenderism, and features children's Easter egg hunt and costume contest, encouraging people to come dressed in drag as quote Hunky Jesus and Foxy Mary. Events. Promotional poster featured a tattooed depiction of Jesus is in quotes because you know you might disagree that it's actually depiction of Jesus. I'll let you decide that anyway. A tattooed depiction of Jesus surrounded by men in drag. Apparently this the event happens every year. Photos from past events show men dressed as Jesus wearing high heels dresses, holding signs reading can I get a gay men? And House hau is House of Jesus. The group encouraged children to attend the event, yet posted a warning advising parents that quote some may find the latter portion of the show inappropriate for young children clothes quote you think. Political director Logan Church from Catholic Vote slam the group's description of the event as art, calling it instead bigotry. Dressed in costume, urging Christians to push back against the mockery of their own faith, dating while we live in a country that defends free speech. That doesn't mean Christians are required to sit silently while our faith is ridiculed. But you know, you just got to question the motivation of these people. What is the point? Why do you feel compelled to mock something that people hold near and dear to their heart, that brings them joy in life, that gives them a hope beyond the nastiness and the squalor, the war, pestilence, and famine we face in this world every day, all the bad news. You know what, there's great Christians out there who still feel uplifted. They have something perhaps to look forward to. Their lives are in Christ's hands and they get joy from it, and you want to mock them for it. I just don't get it. These people are vile and rather disgusting. I could sum it up in those a couple of words, vile and disgusting. All in terms of the trans world. You've got a couple other stories here, and you know they're actually they're actually crazy. Let me think this this next story again. I feel like I'm in the stack. Is stupid this morning early, but it is the five o'clock hour. I am fresh off of vacation, so I got to do something to wake up right. Take your phone calls too, if you'd rather call and talk to me, I would love to hear from you. Now the phone call you need to make. For the best real estate agent team out there, it's the Sebrie Group of Caloriam seven Hill. They do great things. They provide value as a real estate agent, whether a buyer's agent or seller's agent. They are wonderful of what they do. Peter Shabrie has assembled the best team in the tri State and they have a bunch of programs that nobody else is offering. Now, finding your perfect dream home does take a lot of time and energy. This Spree group gets it and goes out of their way to make sure you have a five star experience and guarantee it, guarantee you love it. If you don't love your home and want to sell it within a year after you they facilitate you're buying it like whoops, I made a mistake. Oops, something wrong here, they'll sell it for free. That's the love it or Leave it program. They guarantee that you'll love your home. They work hard for you for you to find your dream home. So, for example, if you don't love it well, they'll sell it for free. They're great at what they do. You'll be happier working with them. The only real estate team I would ever consider calling and calling them I would at five one three seven zero eight three thousand, five one three seven zero A three thousand online seven zero eight three thousand dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five KRC just shy.
Speaker 1: Five twenty fIF about Karcity talk station. A very happy Monday to you all. In a special thanks to Dan Carroll and Kevin Gordon for covering for me last week. I'm sure you enjoyed hearing from them. I appreciate when they do cover for me. Okay, backcrap and sanity continues. Go ahead and you can make some heads or tails out of this. Moving away from the leftist celebrating Easter with a drag queen fiend event mocking Christians, we pivot over across the pond to London, where there was an interesting United Kingdom Supreme Court case. Guess what In the UK? Men are men, women are women. They only have two genders and that makes perfect sense according to the court unanimous decision. Of course, that angers the certain members of the LGBTQ crowd, notably the t where we had thousands of LGBTQ plus activists marching in London over the weekend, chanting and support for both trans rides and go ahead. Explain this to me Palestine, claiming it's part of the same struggle. The plight of the Palestinians is the same as the plight of I guess certain members within the category of LGBTQ plus. One speaker held in the Palestinian cause as quote the strongest shining light in a share fight for liberation. Just because you say it doesn't mean it makes sense, and it was Saturday described as radical demonstrators rallied in Parliament Square in opposition to the aforementioned British Supreme Court ruling affirming sex as a biologically binary also barring men who identifies women from accessing women only spaces. In other words, stay out of the women's restroom. You're a guy. I don't care what you think you are. They vandalize statues outside Parliament, including Suffragette and Millicent Faucet for reasons unknown to me. Crowds waving signs reading trans women are real women, not a court of the unit UK Supreme Court, They're not Biology is not binary. Actually it is, as the UK Supreme Court Palestinian flags also flying. One speaker to claring quote, we need to connect with the Palestine movement, the strongest shining light in this dark time that says no to hopelessness, no to cynicism, no to nihilism, and says yes to justice, freedom and liberation. Okay. One protester shouting one struggle, one fight Palestine trans writes you getting all this. Of course, the slogan drawing ridicule given the brutal repression of LGBTQ individuals and by Islamist regimes, especially Gaza's mas led government. Homosexuality remains criminalized in many parts of the Middle East. Hamas also enforced strict Sharia based laws in Gaza, where if you are a member of the LGBTQ plus a clus, sure you can be imprisoned or chucked off of a building. One author and described as podcaster a viva klompus and I don't know who that person is, but astutely observed the ignorance is astounding. Former IDF spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Peter Lerner said the chant reflects wilful ignorance or denial of the lived experiences of the LGBTQ plus Palestinians who flee to Israel seeking asylum of protection. Why because you're allowed to live your life in Israel freedom from prose persecution if you're in that community demonstration apparently growing your support for several leftist activists, including an organization called Flint Front for the Liberation of Intersex, non Binary and Transgender People splitters as distinct from the other organizations Transactual and one more trans kids deserve better initial cap on all those.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. New Tolerance campaign offered a million dollars to support the LGBTQ plus Pride parade in Palestinian controlled territories. How's that going to go?
Speaker 5: Over?
Speaker 1: Challenge aim to highlight the differences in the treatment of LGBTQ plus individuals in Israel and Palestinian territories, noting that there is a clash of value between Israel and most of the Arab world. The president former log Cabin Republicans president Gregory t Angelo described the initiative as a wake up call to those identifying with the Queers for Palestine or Gaze for Gazam movements, two other organizations. According to NTC, the event could be a crucial step in advancing the rights there in the Arab world, where homosexuality again remains criminalized in many countries. In Israel, gay individuals can live openly. NTC points out many Arab nations where such freedoms are heavily restricted or outlawed. The group argues that the challenge could spark greater tolerance in liberalization in the region, potentially encouraging broader peace initiatives. However, here's the sailing point, folks, the feasibility of such a parade in Gaza or the West Bank, both under Palestinian rule, remains virtually impossible right because it's criminalized. There go ahead, stage an organization, stage of protests. God, these people are just bad crap insane. Five fifty five KRC detalk station. Let's get to some local stories coming up next after mention QC kinetics. You live with pain, you don't have to live with pain. Arthritis, pain, I understand, can be a very challenging situation for a lot of folks. Starts when you get out of bed and this morning, in the morning, maybe even you feel it when you're laying in bed, thankfully and knockwood if there was any wood around. I don't struggle with arthritis pain, but I know you may have talked to your doctor about surgery, hitting hip replacement, in near replacement, that kind of thing. Maybe you've been dealing with pain medications, you've had steroid injections. How about something different, regenitive treatments from your own body, Your own body's natural healing powers harness by QC Kinetics and in office procedure with no downtime. Nation's leader in these regenitive cellular treatments technology, giving people like you an option other than surgery, all natural approach that harnesses your body's own healing properties to treat the root cause of arthritic pain. Tens of thousands of Americans have benefited from this change their life for the better. It can offer long lasting relief from chronic joint pain without the drug, surgery, or downtime. So learn about your options a QC Kinetics. Take them up on their free consultation. Find out if it's an option for you free get in touch with them. Five one three eight, four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. It is five thirty and a happy Monday. Two you try to make it so anyway. Five one thirty seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty three talk don five fifty on et and chie phones. So betting on youth sports is a thing. Uh parallels a CPO counter staff in reporting credit where credits due. This is news to me. During public need between since a City Council and Board of Education council members, Scottie Johnson said illegal betting is taking place at youth sports events, claiming it acts as a catalyst to some of the shootings that the city has seen in the last year. You said during the meeting this past Wednesday, the parents are reportedly placing bets up to several thousand dollars on the outcomes of youth football games. Johnson claimed, the reason we've seen some of the shots fired gun play at these events is the ridiculous amount of money that's being bet on these youth games. Community, stop betting on our children, so CPO asked. In Saint Police, we have a Lieutenant John Cunningham quoted as saying, well, betting has been identified that yes, yes, as bad as it may sound, this has been known to occur. I don't have a specific shooting incident to tie it back to, but this has no place a youth sporting event. Focus needs to be on supporting our youth and as they are involved in positive recreational activities, role models and mentors. Well, that's fine. They're guessing that shootings are related. They don't have any specific incident. They cite this October twenty fourth, twenty twenty four shooting. Twenty nine year old Lamont Ragan arrest in connection with the shooting that wounded two people at a pee wee football game at Walnut Hills High School, now facing two counts of floris to assault and account of discharging a firearm at or near prohibited premises. But s CPO points out it's not clear if betting had anything to do with this incident. I just find the preposters that people are betting on youth football games. I suppose, Joe, do you know anything about betting apps? Do the betting apps have like the line and not for high school football? Okay, well that's good. Southwest Ohio Youth Football League's Artemis Palmer said he believes Johnson's comments a bit exaggerated. The only betting that happens on the field is uniforms, pizza, food or something, whatever it may be. And if people want to bet on kids games, you do that outside the lines and keep that drama outside the lines. Of course, everybody at the meeting involved in the meeting agreed that insuring safety of young athletes should remain a top priority with a new season around the corner. And then to that, which is people are just generally flying off the handle and the intolerant of other people's behavior. Speaking of that, we have a man arrested Tuesday after his shooting in a vehicle during a road rage incident happened on a nice seventy Ford and Thathiel Nathaniel Enderley arrested for firing a gunshot into the panel of a van occupied by two people, According to the Green Township Police, Emderley claimed the other driver was cutting him off as he was merging onto the interstate. Poor of the court records, Enderley said the driver was staring at him as if he had done something wrong. Well, that justifies a gunshot, doesn't. Neither person inside the van was hit by the gunshot was able to quickly locate the suspect vehicle and recover the handgun. Enderley remains in the Hamlin County Justice Center on a forty thousand dollars bond, facing charges of felonious assault and discharging a firearm well he looked at me sideways and a father now facing charges after a five year old shot a seven month old and West Price Hill happened Saturday night. According to the criminal complaint, officers showed up at the area of Sunset and Gurley Road nine to thirty pm for reports of the job being shot. Complaint says Montez Jones left a loaded and fully functional gun on the windowsill of the bedroom occupied by a seven month old and a five year old and a four year old. When he left the room to use the bathroom, one of the older children handled the weapon, causing it to fire and hit the younger of the seven month old, causing serious physical harm to her in a substantial risk of harm to the other children. Infantaking us in Sant Children's Hospital. No word on the seven month old's condition. Criminal complaints as Jones made an admission to the police please say it. Another adult was home at the time of the shooting. But Jones is the only one facing charges right now. Bond hasn't been set scheduled to appear in court this morning. Totally avoidable circumstance. There By Herbert Motors get in touch with the Herbert family, you'll be working with one of the Herbert family members. You're looking for great lawn equipment. That it's all. They carry the world's finest brands. And these folks have been around for a lot of years, more than seventy five years, five generations of Herbert tradition. They are wonderful about their customer service. They know everything. There is no about the outstanding products they sell. John Deere, x Mark, Steel, Honda power equipment among them. Just the best. And they'll deliver to your door, which I find to be a great thing considering my terrible box store experience. Don't go down that road. Work with one of the Herbert family members. Get the best experience you're going to find when it comes to buying lawn equipment and leyth service. Everything they say, Oh, you're in the best possible hands.
Speaker 4: Tell them.
Speaker 1: Brian said, how would you give McCall I appreciate that five one three, five, four, one thirty two ninety one five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. Learn more online. Check out the website. It's Bud Herbertmotors dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Do you have a magic five?
Speaker 1: Forty fifty five KRCD talk station and a happy Monday? Thead five on three seven eight two three talking five KRC dot com And you can't listen to line? Find your podcast there the information and of course your iHeartMedia app. All right, I guess continuing the stack is stupid which normally begins at this time. Like I said, I feel as though I've been involved with it since I started speaking this morning. This is a rather bizarre One man facing an aggravated assault charge after a gruesome, unprovoked attack this in Phoenix court. To court documents, a victim walking nearest Oaks Shop on Broadway Road April eleven, about one o'clock in the morning when he asked thirty eight year old Daniel Lanx, how are you doing Thori to say. The man kept walking before Lanx came up from behind, stuck his fingers into the victim's right eye socket and pulled the eyeball out do.
Speaker 2: What the hell uh?
Speaker 1: The victim fell, Lanx punched him in the face multiple times, fracturing his jaw. Police said. The victim later told him that he felt his eye dangling from its socket. He then went home and his girlfriend called nine one one. Three days later, the victim identified Lanx as his attacker, and a photo lineup. Officers found Lanx at a treatment center. He was booked in a jail on felony bond set at five hundred thousand dollars. Corner of the court documents. Lanx has not surprisingly a history of mental illness, is homeless, and has a criminal history that includes attacking police, trespassing, and stealing. Actually, Phoenix, joh not Hamilton County. It's you know, imagine I could actually manage to operate a firearm even though one eye is dangling out of its socket. Go to Richland County, South Carolina, where a man there was arrested for murder after a violent dispute over a lottery ticket. Thank you, Joe. Richard County Sheriff's Department said Paul Williams, seventy years old, charged with murder, possession of a firearm by a person convicted of a violent offense in possession of a weapon during a violent crime. Deputies respoted the eight hundred block of Conagree Church Road eight pm on a Wednesday after receiving word of a dispute over they stolen lottery ticket. Deputies reportedly heard a gun shot. When they got there the scene, they saw Williams leaving a backyard with a gun in his hand. Law enforcement found a man shot up for biding the back taking the local hospital for treatment, but he died there. Corner identified the victims, Matthew Fleming sixty seven. Paul Williams arrested take him to the Alvin sque Glenn Detention Center, where he, at least as of the reporting, was awaiting his bond. Hearing school nutrition administrator has been arrested for committing a terribly unappetizing act inside a beer cave at a Pennsylvania convenience store wait for it, courting police. Employee at Royal Farms location in Hannover last week called police to report that an unknown woman had quote come in the previous day and defecated in the beer cave close quote.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 1: As describing a probable cause affidat of the beer cave as a walk in cooler open to the public to select cooled beverages, like we needed a description to that. Police review of the store security footage showed the suspect purchasing a case of alcoholic beverages or pushing rather a case of alcoholic beverages back on the shelf, pulling our pants down and defecating on the shelves, and then leaving camera record of the woman arriving there in an SUV vehicles registered owner identified as Crystal Gous forty seven years old as the individual driving the car when the offense occurred. Driver's license photo of Gous matched the subject depicted in this surveillance footage. Arrested for several crimes, including openunous, criminal mischief, and disorderly conduct that created quote a hazardous and physically offensive condition close quote amen to that the smoking gun always cracks me up. A cord to the complaint, which does not indicate why Gous allegedly used the beer cab a a toilet bet. Eighty dollars of Royal Farms merchandise was lost in the incident. WHOA, that's a lot of feces. Yeah, I'd say eighty dollars worth of damage and honestly, in the next store a story coming up, which you know I don't act as a deterrent, but I'm just giving you a heads up worse than that one. What Yeah, first though, a very positive word for Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Montgomery. It's I guess Easter Monday. You might want a serene and beautifully maintain setting for remembrance and reflection. Maybe you want to remember and reflect on the pope who just passed away this morning. Anyway, it's just gorgeous, gorgeous place. Everyone's invited. Rolling hills, mature trees, peaceful landscape guards, a perfect time of year with spring and the flowers coming up. Striking monument statues shrine seasonal flowers, the trim lawns, reflective water features, tranquil atmospheres, say the least perfect location for prayer and reflection, especially you know during this time of year. I said, any time of year, it's great. So you can find comfort and peace in the cemetery's quiet reverend surroundings and again open to everyone for your enjoyment. Ministering to the tri State for more than seventy seven years, an honoring life on Sacred Ground. To learn more, check out the website. It's Gate of Heaven dot org. Fifty five the talk station Think you the shy Fi fifty fifty five K see the talk station Happy Monday. Not to be outdone that last story, It's time to outdo it.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's some junction. We're going to incur the wrath of God. We have just spiraled out of control as a society. And with that, I turn again to the spoken, turned to the smoking gun OnlyFans model was recently arrested for quote spraying her urine close quote on more than fifteen hundred dollars worth of merchandise at a New Hampshire grocery store. Now has been hit with five more criminal accounts for an alleged spree at a hotel. What the hell Yeah, last one only did eighty dollars worth of damage in the beer cave in a series of the criminal mischief complaints. Faday befourteenth Kelly Tedford, whose only twenty four, has been accused of damaging an assortment of items at a Marriott and Keene pardon me, we're in the Granite State. She uses to handle Kinky Kelly on OnlyFans. Investigators claim she urinated it into a hotel room's air conditioning unit, relieved herself on a comforter or blanket curtains, and a Bible charge with defecating on the floor and placing waste into the toilet tank aka an upper decker. Apparently filmed all this for her OnlyFans page. Same time the new misdemeanor counsel being filed, Tedford was named in an indictment charging her with felony criminal mischief for allegedly contaminating items that I'm an on Doc Food co Op in Keen allegedly targeted the grocery store in February, resulting in the business suffering loss in excess to fifteen hundred dollars in destroyed merchandise and cleaning costs. Investigators contended Tedford recorded her vile acts for her fifteen dollars per month onlyfan page. Don't look for it. It's no longer online.
Speaker 2: There's no flag for us.
Speaker 1: Amen to that and thank God for it. Kinky Kelly page described her as submissive, pixie fetish slash kink friendly extremes two. Her account also again closed. Don't look for it offered subscribers custom content and paid sexting sessions. Well. Her Kinky Kelly page appears to have been deleted. Explicit videos of Tedford remain online, including one crib showing her urinating on brand new garments in a clothing store changing room. What the hell you know? In fifteen dollars a month only fan page so you can watch that kind of stuff now, I don't know how many people subscribe to it, but one is too many?
Speaker 2: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: Jeez?
Speaker 7: Please?
Speaker 1: Florida beaches already have lifeguards the safety patrols, but one part of the state might you might want to consider summoning Paul Revere. The threats in Valuza County can come by both land and sea. Two incidents the year in which vehicles struck beach goers, both cases driving over their heads, illustrating the risk of well allowing beach driving. Most recent incident took place in Ormond Beach. Thirty three year old Coulson Janney of Ocalla struck by a jeep attempting to back into a parking spot in April fifth. He was sunbathing and dozing face down in the sand when he was as described jostled awake by a car tire running over his head. He said, I was just screaming, screamed my head off, screaming my bloody murder. Of course, suffered a broken femur and forearm, as well as bruised face. The sixty one year old woman driving the vehicle was sighted for Carola's driving. Got back to February seventy one year old New York woman sitting in a beach chair and at Daytona Beach hospitalized with non life threatening injuries after a pickup truck ran over her head. Eighty four year old were chased down by a witness, told authorities she didn't know she had hit anyone beach driving. Let's see what Joe's got this morning. Joe, thanks for calling the morning showing a very happy Monday to you.
Speaker 8: Thank you, and welcome back, Brian.
Speaker 7: Thank you didn't miss anything.
Speaker 9: It was a little disturbing this morning to wake up and hear that the Pope had died. And of course the first thing it went through my head was the headline JD killed the Vicar of Christ and and then I thought the second headline, she'd be Pete head seth texted about it.
Speaker 1: Don't don't give any ideas, Joe, I could actually see that, don't.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your comedy, but you know, I'm thinking, you know, there's somebody out there on the like AOC or somebody's gonna say jd Vance had something to do with the pope dying. Oh wow, it's too easy. It is. It's very yeah, way too easy. So I you know, apologies to those out there really upset about pro Frances passing away. I think we all expected this, But Joe appreciate the comedy. Five fifty five fifty five KRCD Talk station. You feel free to call. Got plenty to talk about in the six o'clock hour, before we get to Ken Cober on well, violence on the banks and the protest downtown on Saturday. Have have to have pearl Ball stirring the pot down there. They'll be at seven oh five, Christomas Smithman at seven twenty Monday Monday, with Brian James at eight oh five and Bright Bart's Francis Martel at eight forty on the empower Use Seminari's doing stick Around. It'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 3: Covering Trump's first one hundred days. Every day America's deadline is over fifty five kr SE the talk station for a new item.
Speaker 1: That's six or six sixty five k CD talk station. Oh, happy Monday with everybody. Brian Thomas is god to be back. I really enjoyed my time off. It's a nice to be back at work. Great ce Joe Strekery belongs To'd love to hear from you as well. Five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk with Pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Fast forward an hour. We're gonna hear from FOP President Ken Cover. What were they protesting downtown on Saturday? Ice Sky that, Yeah, I know, I just I could have sort of said rhetorically, I don't think they have an comprehension of what they're protesting. It's like protests for the sake of protesting. Trump Orange man, Trump doesn't when you're gonna gotten protested, take it to the streets. Overwhelming majority of Americans want the immigration situation resolve. They want deportations, and they're happy to see the borders closed. And in fact, border crossings are basically ground to a literal hauled thanks to Donald Trump, policies which you are making everybody pretty happy. Look headlines Wall Street Journal, border crossings grind to a haltays Trump's tough policies take hold. Anyway, we'll talk about the protests downtown, they blocked the streets last kencover about that mayor AFTAB down there, Rile on the crowd up, more on AFTAB proval here in a moment, violence on the banks. Are you safe downtown at night? Those are the topics with Ken. Then we get SIP seven to twenty with Christopher Smithman in the smith Event. Uh, fast forward a couple hours money money with Brian James stock market volatility. We'll talk about that question should you look at your four oh one K? Is that a rhetorical question? It's like, no, I don't know, I don't uh. Is it a good buying opportunity going on right now? And we'll talk about which direction the interest rates are going with the FED plus empower used Bright Bart Francis Martel doing his seminar, So we'll hear from Francis Martel about his empower use seminar. That'll take place at eight forty five three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk and let's talk a little bit about meyl candidates, Aftab Parvoll, so uh inquire Scott Wartman reporting and I talk with Scott because he took over for Sharon Coolidge. You know he's doing reporting on of course since I City Council headlines how will Cincinnati mayor hopeful tackle youth crime? And I just got it was an interesting observation because Corey Bowman was asked, but so is mayor Aftab par Ball and Brian Frank who is the other guy that's running, and what their perception is on crime youth crime?
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: I'll give you the quote from AF to have par Ball and it just as it stands as a stark contrast to Corey Bauman. Here's a have to have. Youth violence is one of the most difficult problems to address and one of the most painful. Too many victims of violent crimes our children, and far too many perpetrators of violent crime our children. I'm proud that we've seen a thirty five percent. I guess he meant drop. There's no word drop in there, so the consent doesn't really make any sense as reported, But youth violence over the single year due to our strategies, but of course we have so much more work to do. I guess this is an organization Act for sincy, he said, Act for since He details all of our violence and intervention programs, including increasing police personnel through historic investments in recruit classes, relying on twenty first century police tactics, in partnership with the FBI and ATF, through the first Crime Gun Intelligence Center in Ohio, innovating with alternative response to crisis ARC, and deploying our CDRT, which is Civil Disturbance Response Team and SWAT officers every weekend throughout our entertainment districts in our urban core. He goes on. We've also enacted laws to keep guns out of the hands of kids, and we've sued the state to reclaim our authority to pass our own local gun laws, which you don't have. Sorry, sucks to be you go ahead and spin your wheels pursuing that one AFTAB. It's a waste of time. You've been down this road before. There's no home rule one size fits all in the state of Ohio when it comes to gun laws. Also, I didn't realize that there weren't already laws on the books. To keep guns out of the hands of children anyway, he went on, And because we know we can't police our way out of this problem, we created wreck at night programs. Initial cap On that made sure all of our city pools were open last summer, invested in additional one million dollars a year in youth employment, helped finance the roll Hill Boys and Girls Club, voted to create transformational new rec center in North otr On, one of the most violent streets in the city. Wiped out fifty million dollars worth of medical debt for fifty thousand Cincinnatians. I don't know how that's connected with youth violence, but he's just pulling things out of his finer here. Created a trauma informed violence prevention program with CINCINNY Children's Hospital. While there is no one size fits all strategy, we are deploying a comprehensive plan and it's working. Since taking off, his violent crime stats are down by double digits. Again. There's more work to do, but our strategy has us in the right track. Okay, well, I'm not quite sure if he's accurate on the crime stats. Twenty twenty three, accorded to Scott Wortman's reporting was sixty three juvenile shot. Maybe that's the most recent year for which we have data. We've got all these stories about arrests like down at the bus stop. Police Chief Thres Tresa Tiji made an unannounced visit in September the CINCINNT Public schools outlining violence happening at bus transit centers and the thirty arrests of youth that occurred since the first day of school at those centers. Then she asked the school district to intervene. Now, contrast all of that, all this government program this and throwing money at that, wiping out medical debt for Cincinnatians. Corey Bowman, we experienced this issue firsthand with our church and business in the West End. There's not a quick solution. It takes investment and a mindset change. This can be done by number one, encouraging the model and importance of the family. Well, amen to that, Joe, What would have happened to you if you had gotten engaged in a brawl at a bus stop? We have met your dad, take him to that, Okay, we'd have been patting you on the back saying, hey, it's all right, Joe, you go ahead and get involved in that kind of activity. If you were out in the middle of the night breaking things, committing acts of violence, I don't know, burning the tesla or something like that. With that, a sat well with your dad, No right. Number two, improve education outcomes and options. Yep, the building blocks for a future and freedom and the ability to feed oneself, not relying upon the state. Is based on education, invest in entry level jobs, he says. Number four, hold parents accountable. Oh and finally cpding he needs a no loitering ordinance and a youth curfew to enforce. Well, you know what, if you had parents at home that insisted on you being home at a certain hour like mine did, then you wouldn't need an ordinance on the books. You got your own curfew. Mom and Dad, you're home by midnight. If you don't hear from you and you're not in the door by midnight, you are in trouble. I always had a calling, a good permission. If I was going to be outpack, I'd go, oh my god, yes, And I had a respect and fear for my father. I love my dad, but at some level he scared the living hell out of me. You know, you didn't want to get out of line with dad. You didn't you didn't want to violate the house rules, and you certainly didn't want to make mom upset, because then you did incur the wrath of Dad. It really worked great that way. And while I was not perfect in any way, shape or form, the concern over parental you know, my parents and what might happen to me, I would be grounded that something would. There'll be repercussions, is the bottom line. I didn't want my freedoms and liberty is taken away, so I try to toe the line. That's the key. At least Corey Bowman said it out a loud even calling for an extra program or six or eight or whatever. There is no substitute for the nuclear family and caring and loving parents, and since that has been virtually eliminated in certain segments of society, I don't know if we can solve our way out of this problem. Can you program your way out of this problem? I don't know. Maybe you've got a better ideas. It's generational, but getting back to the fundamentals, getting back to, as Corey points out, encouraging the model and importance of family. What a great first step that might be, maybe we can start incorporating these fundamental, proven strategies for success back into society as opposed to just sort of wiping them mat as if they don't mean anything. Six fifteen right now for five kc DE talk station five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and G funds, none of them. I'm gonna give you his plumb type plumbing done right. You deserve better, locally owned serving the entire Tri State area. They treat every call like a neighbor asking for help. That's there my go to plumbers, plump type plumbing A plus with the Better Business Bureau of course, no service fees, free estimates. So you got problems with there's some pump had all this rain of late, and that some pump may have had some problems. They can trust me. They can deal with that water pressure issues, slow or clogged drains. They are the Tri State's number one installer of tankless water heaters. You go tankless because you just never run out of hot water. Turn the hot water on and it makes it until you shut the hot water off. Those are really cool plus actually energy savers too. So whatever your plumbing problem is, you're in the right hands with my friends at plum Tight Plumbing. Five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven tight t I t E online. You find them at plumtight dot com. Playing buck at the musicals. I said, it's six twenty fifty five KCD talk station. Very happy Monday to you. Trying to make it so anyway. Five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three tap pound five fifty on at and T phones. I saw this article from it was a New York Times article and sort of uh gateway pundit grab ahold of it and speaking of education, and uh, you know, went back to Corey Bowman, you know, the the nuclear family, improved education outcomes and options options of course is a great thing. Way to get yourself, get your kids out of this you know, woke environment where basically they're in Doctrine eighty in your children, and perhaps send them to a private school, perhaps a school that teaches you know, classical learning, you know phonics, you know, the old school, tried and true, proven method, recent new York Times article basically admits what conservative education reformers and frustrated parents have long been warning. Academic standards in America are collapsing, and sadly, it's the poor, working class and disadvantaged kids who are being hurt the most. Name of the article, the pandemic is not the only reason US students are losing ground, where they point out the nation's lowest performing students began falling behind years before COVID, right around twenty thirteen, coinciding with the decline of the Bush era and No Child Left Behind legislation and the rise of radical progressive dogma in public education, what critics called the Great Awokening. Anyway, the NAEP the National Assessment of Educational Progress data shows between two thousand and three to twenty thirteen, even the bottom ten percent of TI test takers, those most in need of education support, were slowly gaining ground, but around twenty thirteen at reversed. Since then, the lowest scores on math and reading tests in both fourth and eighth grade have steadily declined, with the drop apparently accelerating after twenty twenty. American Enterprise Institute calls it the five alarm fire about America's education process of progress. The bottom quartile disproportionately made up of students with disabilities, English language learners, and children from low income families who are bearing the brunt of the educational collapse. And this is where that progressive walk ideology kicks in and does absolutely no service to these poor children. Every year they lose ground, it becomes harder and harder to make up. And yet every year these walk educators will advance students even though they are ill equals to move on to the next grade. How can that possibly serve that child or society at large? What you have done is created a person who is going to be completely, in one hundred percent dependent upon some handout because they don't know how to read, they don't know how to perform basic mathematical skills. What are they going to do? We need to get back to the fundamentals. I mean that seems to me to an obvious solution to the problems. Since twenty thirteen, they write, public schools have been rapidly re engineered to prioritize equity over excellence, activism over academics, and lived experience over logic and literacy. Standardized testing, discipline, gifted programs. They're all gone. Why well, they're racist. That's why phonics and factual history have been replaced by feelings, narratives and DEI training sessions. Yeah, and don't you think think your children deserve better than that? And I go back to the whodea of that nuclear family. You know, I've said it a million times. The greatest gift my parents gave me after the gift of life, was a gift of education. They insisted on it. I guess they didn't want me laying around thirty five years old in the basement of the house, you know, living on mom and Dad's a large ess. The critical importance of an education, the ability to go out into the world and care and take care of yourself and at some point perhaps a family. But we stand by idly and allow this corruption in schools to continue. And think about the educators out there that don't want you to have a choice. How nefarious is that the teachers' unions do not want you to have a say in your children's education. I mean, just look at for what it actually is. They want your children in this environment where they have absolute control over the subject matter and what's being taught or as the score, the scores reflect not being taught. They got rid of everything that works in favor of whatever whatever's demonstrably not working. We need to demand more. And I think the biggest component of this is that family teachers can't do it all. You got an unruly kid, a kid who has no discipline, who has no ethics, no morals, no connection with with with love or anything like that, and you throw them into a classroom with a whole bunch of other kids that are like that. How can anyone learn, even if they're doing phonics and you know the classical education methods.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm struggling with this this morning. Maybe you have an ante seven four nine fifty five, eight hundred two three talk half fight fifty on AT and T phones. Foreign exchange gets your car, and foreign exchange gets your car fixed for less money. That's what it is all about, a foreign exchange. And I'm telling you, car repairs are gone through the roof. I don't know what this tariff situation is going to do with car repairs, but everything I've read suggested it's just going to get worse in terms of how expensive it is. So save money where you can you get a great mechanic when you go to Foreign Exchange. I choose the Westchester location Tylersville Road, exit off of seventy five East two Streets, right on Kinglin. You're there. That's where Austin and the crew of as certified Master technicians do have access to your manufacturers technical information with your cars from Asia Europe traditionally manufactured or Tesla's. They are trained to fix Tesla's as well. And the best part about it is you save money compared to the dealer, and sometimes a substantial amount. I know I have many many times over the year. Safety, heap load of money. Love those folks out there to treat you like family. To reach the Austin, Austin and the team, it's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online Foreign XFOM, the letter ACTX dot com, fifty five KRC the talk station almost six thirty one at fifty five kr CD talk station fifty five kr Sea dot com. You try her Edioch Media apps. You can listen to the content maybe nine around. It's seven twenty for Christopher Smithman and the smith Event. You want to check that out later in the day. Feel free to do so, and thanks. They's always the jokes Trecker for putting that content up on the fifty five kr sea dot com page. Uh, let us see here local stories and little phone calls. This is so sad, you know. Let me don't leave loaded firearms around when you've got little children in the house. Can we all learn that lesson? It's a simple lesson, or it's a simple practice to lock your firearms up when there's children in the house. Such a sad, sad state. Here got a father now facing charges after a five year old shot a seven month old happened to West Probably so on Saturday night, officers got to call in the area of Sunset Avenue in Gurley Road nine to thirty in the evening for the reports of a child's shot complaints. Says Montes. Joan left a loaded and fully functional gun on the windows sill of his bedroom occupied by a seven month old, a five year old and a four year old. He left the room to use the bathroom. One of the older children handled the weapon, causing it to fire and hitting the seven month old, causing serious physical harm to her and a substantial risk of harm to the other children infantaking the since at children's hospital. No word on the current condition. Criminal Complaints says Jones made an omission to the police. They say another adult was home at the time of the shooting, but Jones is the only one facing charges right now. He appears in court today. Bond has not yet been set. Sad Uh driver and passenger have died. Single vehicle crash occurred Ice seventy five south and Sharonville. Happened Saturday morning, Corney troopers with the Highot State Highway Patrol. They said around eight o'clock in the morning, a twenty year old driver of a Nissan ultimust going south on seventy five when the vehicle traveled off the left side of the road and hit a pole. Driver and the twenty eight year old passenger, both pronounced dead of the scene, according to troopers. Not clear what yet if drugs, alcohol, or excessive speed played a factor in the crash, still under investigation at the time. Fox nineteen reported on that at road rage get over Yourself man arrested Tuesday after shooting a shooting at a vehicle during a road rage incident on seventy four Nathaniel Enderley arrested for firing a gunshot into the panel of a van occupied by two people. Green Township Police reported on that this one underly claimed the other driver was cutting him off as he was merging onto the interstate, and according to court documents, underly said the driver was staring at him as if he had done something wrong. Well, here that justifies putting a bullet in the car. Thankfully, neither person inside the van was hit by the gunshot. Police set officers were able to quickly locate the suspect, the vehicle and recover the handgun. He remains in the Hamilton County Justice and on a forty thousand dollars bond underly facing charges of flow he's assault and discharging a firearm. Let's see what New Hampshire Gary's got this morning, New Hampshire Gary, Happy Monday to you. Thanks for calling today.
Speaker 8: Well happy welcome back from vacation. Brian. You've got the batteries charge. It's probably good to just bail off some seam.
Speaker 1: Huh uh, yeah, you know it's a part of me is happy to be back. The part of me says, you know I could use another week.
Speaker 8: Well, I just wanted to say. I know for sure I missed both of you, Joe, and.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: I hope you have a bet. I hope you have a good week.
Speaker 1: Hey, Gary, thank you very much. It's very kind of you to call and wish me well. It's nice to be well wanted back. Honestly, sometimes I always kind of wonder about that. You take a week of vacation off and it's like, hey, you lose listeners and nobody tunes back in. It's one of the problems associated with being on radio.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I do appreciate it, though, and if I appreciate callers from out of state, I just get the biggest kick out of that. Like I point out all the time, six thirty five right now at five k C the dock station in state. Out of state, feel free to call, you know. I love talking to the listeners. I also love recommending awesome products, which is all I recommend. You're never gonna hear me speak on behalf of any good or service unless I truly believe it. And one of the things I've speaking for longer than I think any other product and one of my dad spoke for USA insulation. It's just an outstanding product manufactured here in the Inno state of Ohio, so you don't have to worry about, you know, tariffs or supply chain issues with USA's Premium phone. It has the highest r value on the market in terms of phone injecting into the exterior walls of your home, which is where that phone goes. You either have an insufficient insulation or you have nothing. Those are the two scenarios where you need USA's Premium foam. And it's still only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and you probably will save more than that on the energy savings that it offers you because it's outstanding. Energy savings and comfort. Day one, immediately improve comfort air conditioning season it's on us and you don't want to pay that energy bill. It's going to go up, so why not lower it. Savings are guaranteed by USA installation, so get it installed and you'll be eligible for a twelve hundre dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your tax is a little extra carrot dangling from the government to do well you should do for your own benefit, improve your comfort and save money three eight one, three six two sixty five one three three eight one foam USA Insulation dot Net.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Did you know even the smallest inc It is six forty fifty five kr C DE talk station. Been a very happy Monday to you. Feel free to call five one three, seven four nine fifty two three talk before I move on and let us see what Al's got this morning. Al, thanks for calling this morning, and happy Monday to you.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Brian, and welcome back. I hope you had a blessed Easter.
Speaker 1: I did. It was an awesome, awesome day. Had some great food. Mom and my wife both stepped up to the plate, got ourselves a honey baked ham, which I always love. That's kind of an Easter tradition in our house. But it was. It was great, nice spending time with family, and we celebrated my daughter's birthday on top of it. I can't believe I have a twenty nine year old daughter. Oh my god, Wow, you are getting old.
Speaker 7: I am all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks for powing on. That's just dating the obvious. Yeah, well, welcome to Dingus Day.
Speaker 5: This is a big holiday in Cleveland. The Polish community in a particular celebrates the day after Easter with a joyous celebration where we eat way too many punch g's and UH.
Speaker 7: Perogis.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, but well we'll be missing that today. Unfortunately. The reason I'm calling is that you got UH to go on vacation, just as the circus in New York UH started last week with our friend Letitia James. Just want to hear what your thoughts are about the irony of her being accused of what she prosecuted our president for.
Speaker 1: I think it's hilarious. You know, if they've got the goods on her, which it sounds like they do, then you know she's going to suffer the consequences of lying. What was she listed? Her primary residence is what Connecticut or something like that?
Speaker 5: Actually Virginia, Virginia?
Speaker 1: Okay, see I wasn't has.
Speaker 5: Too proper produced there, and she has family members living there.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well yeah, and I suppose turnabout's fair play. I mean, I'm sure everybody's going to accuse the Trump administration of engaging in lawfair blah blah blah blah blah. But you know what, if they've got the evidence and they can prove it in court beyond a reasonable doubt, she's going to suffer the consequences. My popcorn is out. We just justice, will be sir.
Speaker 5: One last thing before I go, I've got a quick question. I'm curious as to whether your friend, Cribbage Mike, your submariner friend, if he's ever partaken in torpedo juice during his time as a submariner.
Speaker 1: Wow, and I have never heard the term torpedo juice before. And yeah, that was appropriately timed, Joe Strecker, do you want to offer my Do you want to offer me and my listeners a brief explanation? Is that what the hell torpedo juice is? Unless you can't say because.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go uh uh cribbaged Mike into calling to uh describe it himself. I'm sure he has some pretty colorful, colorful stories.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I'm gonna have to look it up because I don't know if Cribbage Mike is tuned in right now to either defend his own honor in the honor of his fellow submariners or we're just gonna have to It has.
Speaker 5: Nothing with what uh you know, Joe seems to think it is. And but yeah, I think it would be uh the whof Mike to call in.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it would too, Mike. If you're out there, you better answer the question, because I'm now wildly curious. Did you have do you have a submarine or friends? Al'e that where you came up with this term? Or you just hear it from somebody else actually reading?
Speaker 5: I'm reading World War two history. I'm a history buff and this came up in one of the books that I'm currently reading, and it's very interesting. Okay, has nothing to do with nefarious or sexual undertones.
Speaker 1: Believe me, I'm glad to know that. All Right, you certainly piated my curiosity. Thanks for calling, al appreciate that. Oh looking it up American slang for an alcoholic beverages first mixed to World War two, made from pineapple, grayfruit, or orange juice, and about one hundred and eighty proof. Well there you have it. That satisfied my curiosity enough and of course keeps us out of FCC compliance problems. Stick aroundic more to talk about it went down a little cul de sac on that one. Press these interiors for kitchen re modeling. You need talk to John Ryan. He is pressed these interiors. His company called Pressed These interiors. But you're working with John and you'd be glad you are, because you know, he's a really sweet guy and he's got thirty five plus years experience of doing almost exclusively kitchens, and he has done a ton of kitchens, including ours. He has fantastic ideas for your kitchen and you can have a little galley kitchen, you have a massive kitchen space. He's gonna just really offer some wonderful insight on how to improve that and it doesn't have to be a huge job. We gutted our whole thing and started from scratch, which was awesome because he found more space in a box. I mean, how do you increase the space of a fixed structure. Well, he did that in our situation, gave his better flow the kitchens. It's so much nicer, and he's with you every step of the way from an initial design to final installation. One stop shopping. You only need to call John. You'll have to worry about the installers. He makes sure everything runs right on schedule and you will be very happy. He prides himself on his work service and design, and you'll understand exact actually why working with John on your kitchen aplus is the Better Business Bureau. Of course, Prestige one two three dot com got some before and after pictures, not all the work he's done over the years, but summer there you get an illustration of what he's capable of doing. Prestge one two three dot com, please give him my regards when you call to talk to John about your kitchen five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC six forty.
Speaker 1: Nine fifty five Parisite talk station. Yeah, apparently they used one hundred and eighty proof grain. Alcoholis fuel for the torpedoes and World War two, so I guess the military, recognizing that the sailors probably would drink it, added poisonous additives including methanol and something called pink Lady. And they say the UH submariners would attempt to filter out that poisonous additives and then mix it with juice, but it was still dangerous, be that desperate for drinking. Going back to the schools and the decline of the education system is an interesting op ed piece in The Wall Street Turn because there is an important case being arguing in front of the Supreme Court tomorrow and they're right. Does the First Amendment give parents a right to opt out of gender ideology at the local public elementary school? Why are they teaching this stuff to elementary school kids? And rather than focusing on the important things like reading, writing, and arithmetic and reading that don't doesn't have such a sensitive subject matter, they might interfere with people's own personal feelings at home, religion or otherwise. Anyway, Supreme Court is gonna consider the case tomorrow Mahamad versus Taylor, and they're right. Consider two of the story books of the parents of Montgomery County, Maryland, say the district added to its reading curriculum and Why My Rainbow story about an autistic child named Trinity who said, quote I need long hair, close quote because quote I may transgender girl. It ends with a surprise gift from Trinity's mom, a teal pink and purple wig. Other book, Born Ready, about Penelope, who tells her mother, I don't feel like a boy, I am a boy. After this single discussion, the mother answers with unquestioning affirmation, Yes, we will make a plan to tell everyone we love. Teachers Montgomery County were also given guidance to on replying to classroom questions and comments. One idea was to disrupt that's in quote, students from either or thinking about the sexes. If a child suggested it's weird to say a girl can be a boy, then the proposed response was to explain how this comment is hurtful and that when each of us is born quote, people make a guess about our gender close quote, we underwire children are so dumb. Many families objected, including a Muslim, Catholic, and Ukrainian Orthodox plaintiffs, and their telling of the facts. They initially were offered a chance to opt out of the story books, but the school district quickly reversed and then said it wouldn't inform parents when the books were going to be read in doctrination. Montgomery County replies that it sought to supplement its reading program with LGBTQ characters to quote reflect the diversity of its families. At first, it tried to accommodate parent requests to opt the children out of class, until that became unworkably disruptive because of unsustainably high numbers of absent students. Maybe that's an indication you shouldn't be teaching this crap in school because parents don't want to talk there. They say, for the record, my rainbow has since been removed, though the county doesn't explain exactly why parents rely on the precedent Wisconsin versus Yoder Fro nineteen seventy two, in which the court said Amish families couldn't be made to send their children to school past eighth grade. If the First Amendment protects dropping out, how can it not cover the much narrower request by parents wanting to merely skip discrete instruction that deliberately seeks to confound their religious values. Montgomery County argues that if families choose to attend public schools, they are quote not cognizably coerced by virtue of their children's exposure there to religiously objectionable ideas close quote. If the First Amendment gives parents the right to pick and choose from the curriculum, the county says that there's no discernible woman, and would it would work the same in science or history classes. No public schools simply cannot accommodate such expectations, as the Montgomery County argument.
Speaker 5: They can't.
Speaker 1: Public schools accommodate a lot, including students who are disabled or learning English as a second language. Part of living in a pluralistic society is that some families might reject, say, ideas on evolution, their children can still benefit from learning algebra on Romeo and Juliet. How hard it will be for Montgomery County schools to announce that Born Ready will be read in three weeks and students can be excused, or more fundamentally, why don't they just choose not to read that book? This gets to the parent's second argument, which is that the district's policy isn't neutral and that ending of opt outs was targeted. Their brief sites a member of the school board saying it would be an impossible disruption if the teachers had to send out notices so that white supremacists could opt out of civil rights content. The implicit comparison is between religious families and racists. Now, who needs a tolerance lesson amen editorial board, see this is the problem. They will indoctrinate your kids. They will not allow you to have your own religious objections or even just logical and reasonable science based objections to pointing out. Like the United Kingdom Court in an unanimous opinion pointed out there are two genders period. End of story six fifty five fifty five KRCD Talk Station FLP President Ken Cober on the protest downtown over the street and violence on the banks. Are you safe downtown at night? We'll ask Ken about that coming up after top of the hour, follow by Christopher Smith Oman at seven twenty. I sure hope you can stick around.
Speaker 3: A full rundown of the biggest ten lines.
Speaker 1: There's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: I'm giving you a fact now, Americans shouldn't fifty five.
Speaker 1: Krs the talk station.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored.
Speaker 1: Seven six fifty five are See talk station byan Talis Fish and everybody. A very happy Monday, and welcome back to the fifty five carse Morning Show. FLP President Chapter sixty nine. Since I Police Departments Union, it's Ken Cober, Welcome back, Can It's always great having you on the program.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So uh this protest they had downtown, I understand it's that fifty fifty one protest just basically expressing out loud anger against the Trump administration, screaming fascism and all that kind of stuff. And these are happening more and more often. I guess, mayor I have toab pervol was down there joining in the crowd? Were there any you know, police involved incidents or incidents where the police had to be involved? Was it violent? What did they cause any property destruction? And did they have a permit?
Speaker 5: And one?
Speaker 1: What was one necessary? I guess a lot of questions to throw out you once can but sum it up for my listeners of me, would you please.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well sure, there were about forty policemen there that were either on canceled off days.
Speaker 7: So instead of being in the communities.
Speaker 10: That they normally serve, they're down there, and they were down there primarily because there was a large group of people that were blocking streets and know they didn't have a permit.
Speaker 7: And that's that's the biggest exception that I take with this.
Speaker 10: I support their First Amendment right to go protest and be mad at the things that want to be mad at. However, it costs the city roughly fifteen thousand dollars for police protection that the city paid for when they're supposedly in a crisis now where they're asking city departments to cut five percent of their.
Speaker 7: Budget and we're just giving them free service.
Speaker 10: You know, Flying Pig doesn't get that, you know, Taste the Cincinnati Octoberfest, all those events have to get permits to close streets, and I just don't understand why this group is any different.
Speaker 1: Well, and I understand why the mayor of the City of Cincinnati was there egging people on and participating in street closures when he, more than anyone, should know that a pertmit is required to do that, and he more than anyone should know about the budget issues that we are facing, and the idea that well, the taxpayer is going to be paying for all this extra law enforcement. It's absurd.
Speaker 7: Yeah, completely agree.
Speaker 10: I mean it's said I support their right to protest, but they need to do it at their expense, not the cities, not the taxpayers. So I'm sure there were taxpayers that were paying for some of this that probably didn't have.
Speaker 7: The same views as them. And that's the biggest exception I take to this, And then to have the mayor there on top of it, where they're engaging in.
Speaker 10: An unlawful activity by closing the streets without a permit is unlawful.
Speaker 1: Well, given that it is unlawful, seeing to me, it might have been a nice thing to do, just to arrest the mayor. I mean, if you're going to arrest somebody and make an illustration of the unlawful reality of what they're doing, why not just make it the figurehead of the City of Cincinnatian government.
Speaker 7: That would certainly make some headlines, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thin'd be great, and they'd have to go on and defend himself that. I mean, did anybody with the police department reach out like Teresa Thiji or maybe you know, just hey, listen, have to have what you're doing here isn't lawful and you might want to address that and do something about it.
Speaker 7: Not that I'm aware of now. No, I don't suspect that they're going to.
Speaker 1: Well, then I suppose this type of thing is going to continue, then, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Oh, there's no doubt. I mean, they're going to continue to have these protests.
Speaker 10: There going to continue not to get permits, and they're gonna have the police will be there to continue to protect them at the taxpayer's expense.
Speaker 1: Well, protecting them and engaging in activity. Is it criminal activity to shut down the street without a permit?
Speaker 5: I mean, is it?
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 1: Rise to a level of a misdemeanor or a sitable offense.
Speaker 10: One would argue, yes, it is absolutely illegal, especially if you're the one that's trying to get around to this, you know, through the city in a vehicle, and you can't because there's large groups of people that are blocking traffic. Yes, one would say that that is probably an arrestable offense.
Speaker 1: Well, were the police officers instructed not to issue citations?
Speaker 7: I would suspect that answer is also yes.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, they were there to make sure that these folks are safe, and that's exactly what occurred.
Speaker 1: Safe in their unlawful conduct. Hmm.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 1: I'm having a difficult time reconciling those two positions there, Ken.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, it's no different than they had a event Sunday.
Speaker 10: Of course, yesterday was four twenty where there was encourage to smoke marijuana in public. There are some officers that raise the question as to how can we do this, and the city law department has told the police department that there is no expectation to enforce this law. So that's where we're at with city government right now in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: So basically encouraging lawlessness.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, it's I've got the email that there is no expectation to enforce this law.
Speaker 1: Well that's a sorry state of affairs.
Speaker 8: Ken.
Speaker 1: I know you're just telling us the facts, but that really, I mean, I can't feel anything but sort of almost despair over that situation, especially noting that the mayor was actively engaged in blocking the streets and protesting. I'm shocked, I honestly can I'm shocked. It's the general consensus among the police officers you talked to. I got to imagine they're a little disappointed at themselves.
Speaker 10: Well that's how I ended up, you know, finding out about this is you know, I had some officers that were there working that were kind of complaining that that this just isn't right.
Speaker 7: Why why is this?
Speaker 10: Why are they allowed to do this? But if some people have to get permits, some people don't. You know, they're there to do a job, which is to protect his people, which is what they did, and they did it with the utmost professionalism. But the fact that that they're allowed to do these things without a permit, that's so that's the biggest issue that I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: Well selective law enforcement. And I suppose one may argue that if it wasn't this fifty one fifty group and it was a bunch of you know, uh, picket fill in the blank with any other type of activity organization. I mean, pick an offensive one like, uh, you know, maybe a clan member rally or something. I imagine a whole lot of people will be rounded up and issued citations for breaking the law. But because it's these leftists that are backed by the mayor, then they get a free pass. I know, I just it's it's disturbing, Kencobra, it's just disturbing, also disturbing and pivoting over violence on the Bank's question, should we stay the hell away from the banks downtown at night, because I know it's kind of it's obviously widely reported there's been a lot of crime there.
Speaker 2: Ken.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's getting harder and harder to tell people that it's safe that they should go down there when you know, these shootings are seem to be occurring every weekend there, and it's a shame because it's such a neat area, you know, and the reds are in town, you know, But it gets to a certain point in the night.
Speaker 7: And it's just it's overrun with criminals. That's that's the shame because it is a really really neat place down there. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: And you know, the more the word gets out about violence, the fewer fewer people are gonna want to go downtown and all these efforts to remake Cincinnati and try to encourage people to want to invest in and live in the city of Cincinnati that they can't go anywhere unless you get a hand on crime and make it appear at least that the city is a safe place to be.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a shame because the people that are causing these you know, violent encounters, they're not down there patronizing these businesses anyway.
Speaker 7: They're down there to try to start trouble and it ruins it for.
Speaker 10: The good people of Cincinnati that are that are there to patronize these businesses to you know, go have a drink, have dinner, and you know, they're end up getting caught in the middle of a shooting.
Speaker 7: And it's just it's it's ridiculous that it goes on.
Speaker 1: Is this young people like youth violence maybe like miners that are running around firearms or are these adults down there running around with firearms? Is it a mixed bag of everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a mixed bag. There's no rhyme or reason.
Speaker 10: They'll have thirty forty fifty kids running around there, You'll creating chaos, and then you'll have people in their early twenties shooting each other.
Speaker 7: There's no real rhyme or reason. It's just for whatever reason, people want to go down there.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 10: These people aren't pitronizing these businesses, they're just waiting.
Speaker 7: To find a victim.
Speaker 1: Well, and without a substantial police presence and police officers who have been instructed to issue citations otherwise round people up and arrest them, I can only imagine it's going to get worse Ken.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's part of the problem is they're being told they don't do anything, just stand there. I mean we had somebody shot in front of a policeman last summer.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: So I mean having a.
Speaker 10: Police presence there isn't necessarily going to deter it. When you have people that are just held bent on being criminals.
Speaker 1: Well and also noting full well that the justice system is not going to hold them accountable even if they are arrested. We've got a real problem with that. And I think the word has gotten out It's like the open border situation. When the whole world found out that we weren't enforcing our own borders. The whole world showed up and came into the United States. It's like, well, if they aren't going to prosecute people to the fullest extent of the law and make examples out of violent people, then we may as well just go ahead and engage in violence. Nobody's going to hold us accountable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs right now in Hamilton County, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Ken.
Speaker 1: I wish you had more positive information for my listeners than me, but it is what it is, and you've obviously illustrated a problem we've got on our hands. And let's start with the mayor. Next time, arrest the mayor. We'll see what happens. How's that.
Speaker 7: I think, like you said, that would make fantastic headlines.
Speaker 1: I'll keep my fingers crossed that that happens. Ken, Thanks to spend the time by listening to me today, and God bless you and each and every one of this insane police department officers. Sure, thanks for having me anytime, anytime, seven sixteen. If you five care see the talk station days, that's sad gonna reelect him anyway. We're reflecting on the passing of the Pope this morning, and my Catholic friends out there probably feeling that a little sad about that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's Gay to Heaven Cemetery, perfect place for reflection. It's gorgeously maintained a cemetery. They have rolling hills, mature trees, landscaping as guard gorgeous this time of year with the flowers coming up. It's just nice winding roads, pathways. You can just take a nice stroll through there. It's good for you to get you out of the house and away from the computer for a while. Check out the seasonal flowers, the trim lawns, reflective water features, really trankful place. Perfect location for prayer and reflection. So you'll find comfort and peace in the cemetery's quiet reverence surroundings. And it's literally open to everyone to enjoy. And they've been ministering the tristy for more than seventy seven years, honoring life on sacred ground. To learn more, just go to Gate of Heaven dot org. That's Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: It's seven twenty. If you've got a Carcite talk station. Thank god it's Monday for the following reason. It's that time of week that you could hear from the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smith them in what we call the East Mither Vent. Christopher, welcome back to the program, my friend. I hope you had a wonderful Easter holiday.
Speaker 4: I did. I had a wonderful Easter, and I enjoyed hearing you know, your celebration with your mom and your family and your daughter turning twenty nine and Cam and all of that. Guys, I could, I could. I can see your house, you know, the Thomas House is moving in a beautiful way. Yeah, happy Easter to you and Paul that and your whole family.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks very much of that. Today's official day, she turns twenty nine, but we did celebrate yesterday, and I'm happy to report, Christopher, they have she and her fiance have settled on a wedding date and that'll be next June. I believe the eighth, but I probably have that one wrong. But next June, so we finally he's got something on the calendar, and we're really excited about that.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have They're gonna have to bring the tissues for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: You got that right, man. I know I'm gonna be struggling with an allergy outbreak on that day. But she's she's a lucky lady, and he is absolutely alone.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: They make a great couple together. So we're just thrilled about them and their engagement.
Speaker 4: Oh, that is so wonderful. Brian. I went to first to start off, which which I think at the top of the news is just acknowledging that Pope France has died at the age of eighty eight. I know, you know that I'm I'm Catholic, My family is Catholic. Uh, you know, our our home parish, you know, has been Bellaman Chapel at David University, which is a Jesuit community, and so he was the first Jesuit pope that they've ever had. And uh, you know, even at my points of disagreement with him, you know, I and and and all of the wonderful things that he did for the world. There were so many good things that that he did, the way he led his life of poverty, and I think that so many pastors no matter what their faith is, should take note of how he lived his life. But at the end of the day, you know, I definitely extend my condolences to the Catholic community because this is going to be this is a very big deal, a very big story, and the cardinals will be coming together to lay him the rest, and then they will then make the decision on the selection of a new pope. And there's so many young people who've never been a part of that process, never seen it. They don't know what it's like. Yeah, because they were they were too young when this pope was was elected twelve I think it was twelve years ago. But at the end of the day, they're going to get a chance to see that entire process.
Speaker 1: And I get the impression it's a very political process inside the Vatican. I mean, yeah, it's you know, Peteing fighting for turf and and you know, people have their their favorites, and people have you know, people that they don't like, and I just get the impression that it's it isn't always a smooth process coming up with the election of the next place.
Speaker 4: I think if we were behind the doors, it would make Congress look like puppies. I think it's a very tough political process, and that's why everybody gets in there, they lock the doors and they don't come out until they have a new pope. But what I will say about it as a Catholic is that I'm looking for the selection of a more traditional of pope because we're right now in a time where it seems like culture across the world is going anywhere, any place. Anybody can do anything, and there has to be an anchor, and that anchor tends to be our faith. It tends to be our religion and our faith. And so I'm hoping here that there's a pivot to a pope that really sticks to the doctrine of Catholicism rooted in it, and that doesn't mean at the exclusion of others, but it talks about Christmas, the importance of Christmas, for example, and that you would not expect the pope to say, for example, if they decided to weigh into secular politics, that they wouldn't say it's okay for men to play against women in sports. I want to make sure that we are advancing faith, and I think young people right now Brian Thomas, are seeking this in great numbers, and so I think this is a great opportunity for the Catholic Church. And if there's any kind of things that are going on related to corruption at any level, that we have a church that responds in a very appropriate way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, And I'll be honest with you as we know. Move on to the break here, Christopher. I have a lot of friends that are Catholic. I grew up in a very very Catholic neighborhood, even though I'm not Catholic, but honestly I don't to I mean, across the board, they were not thrilled with this the late Pope. He was far too liberal for the Catholics that I know. And that's why I'm glad to hear you say you're looking for a more traditional pope, someone who's more, you know, sticking with the doctor and the dogma of the faith, sock Catholicism. I think that's really important. So that'll satisfy a lot of my friends if they do go in that direction.
Speaker 4: I agree. I look forward to talking to you after the break, my brother.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be right back after the brief words. Here's seven twenty sixtet. If I've carious to detox station. Color Electric outstanding electricians. They are family owned and operated. Andrew Colin has assembled a fantastic team of electricians and they pride themselves on their honest reputation. All facets of residential electric work across the board, folks, from the smallest project to the largest project. And that sales still going on till the end of the month. You get that twenty percent discount off of a service upgrade. You know, folks with an EV for example, might need a service upgrade, so take advantage of it because the new code rules apparently increase the cost of service upgrade, so above or below ground just it's the sale going on until the end of this month, so you have a little bit more time to schedule the appointment. But for whatever electric project you've got, they're great and that's why they enjoying a plus with the better business Breer. They've done fantastic work for me over the years. To reach them, Color Electriccincinnati dot com CEE U L E. N. Coulen Electriccincinnati dot com, schedule your appointment right there, or call them and tell them Brian said, if you speak with them five one three, two, two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one.
Speaker 3: One two fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: A minute of hope is brought to you by the Lender Center of UH. Let us see here Corney and Channel nine. If we have any rain this morning, it'll be moving out by around noon. Partly thoty sky is in the highest seventy three overnight just a few clouds at a lower forty eight. Partly thirty tomorrow with the highest seventy one overnight low of fifty with a few clouds, and another partly thirty Wednesday, but a highest seventy eight sixty nine degrees. Right now, let's get to traffick update from the UCL Traffic Center. You see healthy, fine, comprehensive care. That's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more.
Speaker 11: And you see how pod com southbound seventy five continues slow out of Lackland towards the lateral northbound seventy five just a bit heavy pants kiles south bend two seventy five and an extra three to four minutes to get through the construction between the Lawrenceburg.
Speaker 1: Ramp and the bridge.
Speaker 11: There's a wreckcon Liberty Fairfield at four Chuck Ingram, I'm fifty five KRE see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty. If you have krc DE talk station Happy Monday, Extra Special Monday, it always is with Christopher Smithling doing the smith Van Christopher. What else is on your mind? Moving away from the passing of the Pope?
Speaker 4: Listen, brother, I have so many topics that I can't get through them all, but let me just say that. You know the woman who was murdered in Maryland, Rachel Morin, and she was thirty seven years old with five children, and she was out on a jog on August six, twenty twenty three, and she was horrifically murdered. And her mother was at the White House this week and went through the details of that horrific murder of her daughter. I don't know if I could have done it, and my heart goes out to that entire family in a big way. You know, having buried me, having buried a spouse, for ant Thomas, is totally different than burying a child. And so people who go through that just in the normal circumstance of a car wreck or cancer or something like that, it's horrible, but to say that you as somebody illegally in the country, that's something that could have been avoided, that the White House didn't protect you, and then that person killed your daughter, an American woman on a job is insane. And to have her senator, this van Holland flying over saying that he's advocating for somebody who within our country illegally and using the language I'm going to bring them back home. What is he talking about? Like, I don't even understand what these Democrats are talking about when they're out there advocating for people that clearly are gang members, clearly are wife beaters, clearly is involved in human trafficking. It's all been documented for any rational person to see what is going on with our politics where we think a Democratic senator there are only one hundred of them to anybody who doesn't know that senators are very powerful. And for him to fly over there and engage in this while his constituent, meaning he's from Maryland and Rachel Morin was his constituent, and he had not even reached out to the mother, he had not extended those condolences and really comforted her. He's over in another country advocating, let's bring back a gang member to the United States of America Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're so far on the wrong side of that issue that it just really it boggles my mind that a politician, you know, politicians like love look looking at polls and figure out which way the wind is blowing so they know what they should say to benefit the most people or at least get the most votes. This isn't I mean, this is like an eighty twenty issue. You know, they're on the wrong side of this in a huge way, and I can't imagine it benefiting them and iota, I mean, it's inexcusable and inexplicable to start with. But the fact that most people, Republicans and Democrats are in favor of kicking out illegal criminal illegal immigrants, most notably, I mean, just put them on the wrong side of the ledger. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. I mean, I want to emphasize that the guy that he's advocating for as a criminal record would stop in a vehicle, human trafficking, clearly tattooed up for a gang member. MS thirteen clearly clearly beat his wife up on two occasions. In an interview she could not even say on mainstream media that she was not fearful for her life, which is what she put on the restraining order on two separate occasions. Why would a senator be somewhere in another country. But I'm gonna pivot away from that and talk locally about our mayor pure vault. Look, I was the outgoing vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, but I'm also a Christian and I have no problems leading with my faith. Brian Thomas. This weekend was one of the most sacred weekends for any Christian Resurrection weekend. We're coming from Good Friday, as you talked about, Eastern Sunday, Resurrection Day. Sunday, this is the day where we know that Jesus rose from the ditch, the meaning God said his only begotten son here he rows on the third day. And it's our relationship. It's how our sins are forgiven and how we can have a relationship directly with God. Who in the world would be doing a protest downtown if you're a mayor. I'm starting with I heard your caller call in about the issue with having a permit or not. Reality of it is what mayor with being downtown Cincinnati engaging in a protest when guests, our guests, our family, my family, they're all coming in town. They're coming in town to celebrate, like your family. Why would you greet them downtown with protests as they're trying to go to restaurants, as they're trying to host their families. Why would you do that on the most sacred Christian holiday ever. I haven't even gotten to the notion of breaking the law and not having a permit. It's like, God, what is this mayor thinking about?
Speaker 8: See?
Speaker 4: This is this woke liberalist that we all must reject. It's like, not even the etiquette. Why not do it this upcoming weekend? Why choose Resurrection weekend when Christians are celebrating their most important holiday.
Speaker 1: That's great question.
Speaker 4: I don't get this mayor. And it's why I'm supporting Corey Bowman for mayor because I keep seeing this craziness coming out of City Hall and there's not one member of council that will call this mayor on the carpet and say, let me tell you, I shouldn't have to call as a former vice mayor, they're nine members of council. They should be writing a dissent, saying, look, Mayor, why were you down there engaging in an illegal protest? No permitting blocking off streets, But why would you be doing that on the most sacred Christian holiday weekend? I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas not to mention the apparently significant expense they had to pay overtime hours for the police department to have a present there, and the police officers, I get the impression from FOP President Ken Kober, were instructed that they shouldn't engage in ticketing folks for violating the law because they didn't have a permit. I mean, it just defeats the whole point of the permit process. If you aren't going to prosecute people for it, you aren't going to hand out citations, then what's the point of having the law in the books. Pause, we'll bring Christopher back. Maybe you can elaborate on that. Seven thirty six fifty five KR see the talk station, Chimney Care fireplace in stove A. Plus the BB being locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight, you can take advantage of the free exterior evaluation still going on there. Will check the exterior of your chimney to make sure there's no water damage, no gaps in the flashing and calking or whatever can happen. It allows water damage to come in and maybe something you don't even know what's going on, and you know that could lead to a sizeable problem with your roof. So book your appointment today get a free inspection. They'll do the same inspection of course when you take advantage of the spring special wood burning sweep and evaluation included in that, but for one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax, they'll in the video camera inspect your whole wood burning fireplace and flu and whether it's a free standing stove or a regular fireplace. They'll of course sweep at certified Chimney Sweep will do all the work and it's a great, great deal at one sixty nine ninety nine. So take advantage of the free exterior evaluation and or the wood burning sweep and evaluation. Give them a call today five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's two four eight ninety six hundred, or book the appointment online at chimneycarec dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station. Are you drowning in I cham nine weather forecasts.
Speaker 1: Today. We got a little rain out there this morning Perafslet're gonna move out by noon. Partly cloudy there after in the highest seventy three clouds break up over night down to forty eight. Partly cloudy skyes tomorrow with the highest seventy one overnight just a few clouds in a low of fifty Wednesday, chance of raining on to see another that's partly cloudy day on Wednesday. Say the chance rain Thursday, seventy eighth the high Wednesday. Right now it is sixty nine and the time for traffic from the UCLF Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: If you see health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com. Southbound seventy one now beginning to slow a bit between fight For and the Reagan Highway. Add that the heavier traffic inbound seventy four from Montana southbound seventy five slows through Lachland. Northbound seventy five between Dixie and downtown. There's a rack on four a Liberty Fairfield chuck Ingram on fifty five kre and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty one if it's five care ceed talk station. Very Happy Monday to you. Monday Monday, Brian James off the top of the UR News. Quite a few topics talked about with Brian in the meantime. Christopher Smitheman, H yeah, Chris on the protest, you know, and Ken Kober pointed out that they didn't have a permit. It was unlawful for them to block the traffic, and I guess they were instructed not to a to anybody or issuing any citations. Seeing to me, I said, next time, once you arrest the mayor, you know you want a headlines grabber. The mayor arrested for violating the city ordinances, city law and participating in a protest without that license. That excuse me, that would speak volumes.
Speaker 4: I think it's a great taxpayer lawsuit. You know, there was a time where a lawyer by the name of Chris Finny would take these, uh, this type of litigation up saying that the taxpayers aren't responsible for any of that and that the organizers are responsible and have them pay the bills.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like that, and so yeah, I think I think I think you could. You know there's somebody out there listening. You know, you just need one person and a good lawyer to follow a taxpayer lawsuit and start deposing people about was this a lawful a lawful event where if you tell everybody else they have to have a permit and they didn't have a permit, you've got a problem as a city. And because your mayor was there, it probably we would give them the opportunity to depose him directly. Very interesting lawsuits.
Speaker 1: One can only hope that someone out there here's that and says that's a great idea. I'm going to take Christmas Men's advice.
Speaker 4: But let me say this to you, Brian Thomas. You know I'm listening to these universities like Harvard and Columbia University Princeton, Harvard being in Columbia being the most, but there are lots of these liberal institutions that take federal money. First, I didn't realize how much money they were giving.
Speaker 1: I know, I was just gonna say that this is insane.
Speaker 4: By that I didn't realize we're giving Harvard over two billion dollars per year and they have a fifty three billion dollar endowment. Why are we giving these universities any money.
Speaker 1: And they're lined up around the block to get in there. It's not like they don't charge tuition. Hell, it's insane, man.
Speaker 4: Hundred one hundred thousand dollars a year or eighty thousand, whatever the number is. And then you see their privilege, right, They actually they've been getting this money every single year that they absolutely absolutely believe that our tax dollars, our federal tax dollars could go to them because of their right, their right to have it. They don't view it as hey, man, there are people out there that work who will never step foot on Harvard University. They're working construction jobs out here. They're working nine to five jobs as waitresses and waiters out here, right, they're making twenty dollars fifteen dollars, twelve dollars an hour. All that federal money that goes in as we come out of April of fifteen, why are we giving Harvard any money? The second point that I want to make about this for people to consider is that the university could just say I'm not gonna take the money and I'm gonna live, I'm gonna work as a private institution. They'll see that they I feel like they can get the money, but then they don't have to listen to the federal government. Right, These are some arrogant people, man, they are arrogant at all. Get out that. They say, taxpayers, I get your two billion dollars, but I don't have to listen to your government at all. I can do whatever I wanted to. What world are they living?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just every time I hear about that, you know, they get upset that the federal government is now requiring them to crack down on anti Semitism or whatever the federal gument is asking to do as a condition of accepting the money. It's okay when left wingers they tell you, well, you've got to teach DEEI, and you've got to you know, do this, that and the other thing. If it's some left wing proposal, they're not objecting against it. But as soon as the conservative administration comes in it says, no, we're going to be cracking down and trying to protect our Jewish students' friends, and you're going to help out or we're cutting you off. They get all bet out of shape over it. Like you said, be you like Hillsdale College. If you don't accept federal money. You don't have to accept federal strings. That's regardless of which political stripe they come in, exactly.
Speaker 4: And by the way, most Americans don't get a college education. You know, this notion that these up any students that are there, by the way, and I heard a commentator say, the majority of them will own homes in their life, but the people who are putting money in the pot won't. And so this notion that they can just go out say all this stuff about Hama, hate America, burn flags there, and then sit back and say, hey, I still get your two point three billion dollars while we have a fifty three billion dollar endowment. I mean, if they were saying they would just say, you know what, We'll forego this for the next eight years and we're going to use our endowment and we're gonna let our students do whatever they want to do. I think that's terrible for the Jewish community that you have students there that are anti Semitic. Mean, let me be clear. I support people's right to speak their First Amendment right, Brian Thomas, and I know you do too. People listening to us will go, well, they're against someone's First Amendment. Right, that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about their actions, their behavior. Them's blocking doors, knocking out windows, setting flags on fire, harassing other students that go to Harvard. That is what the White House is talking about. They're not talking about their right to go and have free speech. We're saying, listen, your free speech is in you're engaging in an action. Your behavior is what we're talking about. And they're asking Harvard and Princeton and Columbia to get it together, get their students together so that their actions and their behaviors reflect the United States of America. And it's citizens who are giving them these billions of dollars. I say, cut them all off, period, give them, not give them a dime, and not give them a dime for the next four years, and let them sue us, and let's go all the way to the Supreme Court with these privileged institutions that believe that we owe them to give them the billions of dollars and we don't.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas, Yeah, it's a great idea, Christopher, And you know, it's just I'm happy all this is going on because it is I think, as you point out, there are a lot of hardworking people out there of different political stripes that just their mouths drop open in awe and disbelief that, oh, my god, how many years we've been given these institutions billions and billions of dollars that it took all this anti semitism and these shutdowns of college campuses to shed light on this. I mean, you know, listen to what advantage of all this is that people finally see it for what it is and get as angry as you are about it, because you know, the hell with those people. I just I don't know, man. It's not like about extra money laying around. Christopher, you know, and you're a financial planner, I bet you could figure out probably pretty quickly how much money they earn in investments on that fifty two to three billion dollars in dollar that they have. It's not like it's a static, finite amount of money that isn't going to that's gonna shrink up and disappear.
Speaker 4: And what's so crazy about it? To your listening audience who knows this, They are layered on top of it, they get a tax e zip status. Yeah, they're not even paying taxes, brother, we're giving them two billion dollars or over that of money right out of our checks to them. They have a fifty three billion dollar endowment and they're paying zero in taxes. Now, I will tell you that. Right now, my daughter and I are traveling around the state of Ohio visiting colleges and universities, places like the Ohio State University, Miami of Ohio, Mount Saint Joe. We'll be checking out BGSU Finley, might go up to AKROM, but we're doing this right now. Sure, I want to be open with you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't want my daughter to go to one of these institutions that thinks it's okay to break windows out, harass any student, a Jewish student, an African American student, an Italian student, and international student. It's unacceptable behavior. These eighteen and nineteen and twenty one year olds and twenty two year olds that are going to these institutions, who are coming from privileged households, privileged households are out of control when they think they can walk up and block my daughter from walking into a library. I mean this notion. So I'm looking at institutions and I'm trying to figure out as I talk to my daughter to say, look, I want to make sure that we're picking the best institution for you, and I don't want her around this kind of wokeness. I don't like it at all. I think it's incredibly disrespectful. And I don't like students that think it's okay to harass other students to bully them. What's going on with the Democratic Party that they would think this behavior is okay? Brian Thomas, I thought this was a party of inclusion. I thought it was a party of acceptance. It doesn't feel that way to me. It feels like I'm gonna shove my values down your throat and if you don't like it, screw you. I have a problem with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too. And you know the party that's running around calling you know, Donald Trump and and all the Republicans and Nazis. Trump is the one trying to help the Jewish students get an education. Nazis are the ones that wanted to kill the Jews? Am I misremembering history? Christopher? It just seems to me to be a little bit odd.
Speaker 4: Ryan Thomas, you are absolutely right on point, and the hypocrisy is just amazing. You've got Democratic senators flying out of the out of our country, trying to bring back people that came into our country illegally, right, who who are raping and maiming our American citizens. Right. And at the same time they're saying, university it's okay to harass Jewish students. I hope Jewish leadership, I hope they're watching this very very closely. And because just like African Americans, the Jewish community often votes democratics to the Democratic Party, right, and so I'm hoping they're waking up saying, at least move to being an independent, hold your vote and why again, I can't say enough. I'm voting for Corey Bowman, and I'm encouraging other people to vote for him for mayor. Let's not just surrender our values to think that it's okay for a mayor to go in our downtown Cincinnati on our most sacred Christian holiday without a permit, right, without a permit, using our taxpayer dollars to protect illegal behavior. It's not the First Amendment speech you and I are talking about. So nobody emailed me, nobody texts me I support the First Amendment, right, I'm talking about not having a permit. Your caller who your guest caller that called in is right on point. That was illegal. And our mayor went down there and hobnobbed and got on the got on his big mic and went down there with him where he was engaging in something that was illegal. It just I'm just insulted that he would do it on Resurrection weekend. And if you're a Christian out there like me on fire for God, I'm hoping that you are as offended hearing my voice that our mayor, I don't care whether you're a Democrat or Republican or independent with downtown when our families are coming in engaging in an unlawful protest without apartment on our resurrection weekend. Well stayed on him.
Speaker 1: Well stated Christopher, you are on fire today, Well stated smither vent. God bless you, Christopher. We'll talk again real s at seven point fifty three fifty five K see de talk station Rout twenty two between Mason and eleven, and you're gonna find twenty two to three firearms Gun Range Training Center. They have a huge selection of firearms. They also have used guns in stock, all kinds, not only handguns, long guns, every kind of a conceivable firearm. You're looking for, and all of the prices are great. At twenty two three, regularly buying a new firearm or one of these pre owned firearms. They've got a huge selection of AMMO at wonderful prices, and they've got classes and they have membership options for their gorgeous, just super clean range. Talk to Wendy and Jeff, the owners. You'll just find them to be as outstanding people as I do. Just love both of them, and a great firearms store. I am absolutely a customer at twenty two three again on Route forty two between Mason and eleven and learn more online. Go to twenty two to three dot com. That's the number twenty two, followed by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC, oh the Voices.
Speaker 5: Of Reason, a voice in the dark, heard daily, exactly the things that need to be said.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC The Talkstation. It's eight six here a fifty five KRC the Talk Station. Very Happy Monday to you. Always Money Monday with Brian James, all the financials. Brian James during the program every Monday to talk markets and talk volatility and talk about four oh one k's welcome back, Brian James. It's always a pleasure to having you on the program. His microphones off, see if yes it is there? Yes it was off. There you go.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, and I was. I was ready to roll, all ready to get our Monday kicked off and I'm talking to myself. Apologies for us some technical inaptitude here. Yes, another Monday, another discussion of volatility and craziness and audio problems.
Speaker 1: Coming off a week of vacation, I feel as though I'm not firing on all cylinders. I like vacation. It's like you need a vacation after your vacation, so you know. Anyway, struggling to scooch myself this morning, but MIC's are on. It's time to talk money matters. Let's talk about stock market volatility. I no market genius, am I, Brian. That's why I have someone managing my you know, my my certified financial planner managing my affairs. I don't want to have have to pay attention to it. But I have some general understandings and things like that. But I get the impression that the volatility in the market, and it has been kind of up and down with all these talks about tariffs. I just I just get the impression no one really knows what they're gonna do these tariffs and how we're going to be dealing with it, or what is going to emerge as a consequence of them. Will they stay around? Will Donald Trump pull the plug on them? Is he going to negotiate better deals with different countries? Is China going to hold out? I mean, it's just seems to me a whole lot of question mark swirling around it, and that uncertainty of its in and of itself brings around volatility. I suppose, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. And I'm looking at what happened last week. My first comment was going to be it was relatively quiet week, but then I realized, no, it wasn't. Hasn't been quiet week all year long. It's been nothing but chaos because we're simply finding our way. You know, a quiet week simply means the market bounced up and down violently, but then kind of ended where we're it started, So there was no you know, kind of week over week impacts. But yeah, we have reached the stage. We know we're in chaos right now. We know there's a there's change coming and we're we're under We're under a lot of it right now. The market absolutely hates that. It's not that, you know, we're gonna go over the cliff and hit the bottom and that's going to be the end and we're all gonna, you know, live in caves and buy ammunition and grow corn for the rest of our lives. It's that's not that's not where we are. But the market is behaving the way it is because it simply can't see. We're flailing around in the fog. The market absolutely hates when it can't predict what's coming. So therefore, with what the market always wants to know. You know, there are a number of earnings reports, for example, coming this week from big companies like Verizon, AT and T, P and G and some of the big names. We are going to be listening. What we're going to focus on this week is what are those companies saying in terms of visibility. Doesn't really matter what they did in the last core. We't care about that anymore. That's that's that's over and done with. What are they what what position are they going to take over the next several months with regard to tariffs. So, for example, if Proctor and Gamble manufactured stuff overseas and wants to move country to country. What's the tariff going to be on the day that that package of stuff arrives in whatever country it's it's destined for. And we don't know that right now because that literally changes that you as you just said, that changes almost day to day anymore. The market absolutely hates that because it cannot calculate what a successful transaction should result in in terms of profit. Therefore we have these violence wings back and forth.
Speaker 7: For this world.
Speaker 1: The planning is, I mean the markets. If there's if you can count on something happening, even if like taxes are going to increase, you know it's going to happen. It's going to be x. They can factor that in and deal with it because there's some certainty into what's coming in the future. It may not be as good. Financial projections may not be as good, but at least they can have some you know, sound ground upon which to make these predictions and and sort of plan their future. And right now we're kind of like a ship without a rudder, it seems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. And that is there's so much history between when we can say okay, We know that P and G, Google, Apple, whatever, sold x number of units, and they normally have this kind of a profit profit margin when they do those kinds of things. So therefore the stocks should move like this and we can kind of anticipate, and that's what analysts basically get paid to do. But right now that profit margin is in question because because of all the tariffs and all those kinds of things, what is the dream going to be? And so what we're seeing is it's an interesting divergence. I'm looking at a chart right now just where everything is so prior to this week, even the European Far Eastern Asian stocks, you know, which is basically the S and P five hundred of the rest of the world, last week they were down about three four percent for the year. As we're sitting here right now, Brian Thomas, they're up about seven percent for the year. Now, compare that with the Nasdaq, which still sits down about sixteen percent, the S and P five hundreds down ten and even the dall is down eight percent. So the point of all that is there is volatility, but that also means there's upside to it. The companies that are doing the best are the ones that potentially have an opportunity here. And we've talked about this before, but there are probably some funds, hopefully some funds in your portfolio that you haven't been paying attention to in years. I'm speaking of the international stocks in the emerging markets, which is which are more like the Brazil, India, China, those kinds of things. We haven't talked about those countries in a long long time, but they're all lining up looking at this opportunity, watching the United States choose to fight with its customers, and they're looking for opportunities to create new markets where for those countries there wasn't one before. And so that's why the market is sensing that, hey, these companies that maybe weren't as big as players as they were in the past may now have a great opportunity. That's why they're up seven percent. So if you have a properly diversified portfolio, you really shouldn't be getting killed. If you're down fifteen to twenty percent, then my guess has been you've been chasing technology for the last fifteen years and it's coming around to bite you in the rear end.
Speaker 1: Well, there's I mean, there's opportunity built in a lot of this, And I mean, depending on where you look. If you read the Wall Street Journal, we're all going to die because tariff suck. And that's just the general impression that they have. But there's been a lot of sort of bright spots in this that major companies, multi billion dollar companies are planning on building here and moving production here. Like for example, there's a terrible situation going if you haven't read about it, between China and Taiwan, and it looks like, you know, China's gonna invade any moment, at least it's always seen that way for the past couple of years. But all the major chip production is being done in Taiwan. Sounds me like going to start bringing chip production here to the United States. So ultimately we can benefit by this. It's not going to be immediate. We're gonna have to wait for it because you just don't create a chip factory overnight. But if we ultimately, you know, have some domestic supply for some things that we haven't had for a long time, isn't that ultimately good for us over the long term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is the hope, And we had some of that was rolling forward. There are two chip factories southeast of Columbus that are that are under construction. Unfortunately that hit there recently, that hit the news hit not too long ago. That Intel, who was behind that, is coming on some hard times, partially because of the technology that they provide. That another chip company, AMDs, maybe has some better ideas in that space, and that news hit at an unfortunate time a couple of maybe a year year and a half ago where that started to come to light. And so those two plants are sometimes in question. I cannot imagine they're going to walk away from them in mothballum, but they're not as moving forward with as much gusto as they originally were. But that all came from the original idea. It originally started with national security. We can't keep buying chips from overseas not knowing exactly what our enemies, speaking specifically of China are putting into those chips, the influence that they have, and if they managed to take over Taiwan, like you were just hinting, well, that's where most of the chips come from anyway, from Taiwan's semiconductor although some of the plants are here in the United States as well. But yes, that is definitely one of the goals. It's not going to happen overnight. And when we've got interest rates bouncing around, inflation and tariffs and all that kind of stuff, companies are going to be hesitant to make such a massive, massive investment to bring one of these huge plants online in the United States, if they were turning the first shovel full of dirt over today, it would probably be three years before they could start producing something with any kind of regularity. So we need some clarity here.
Speaker 1: Well, definitely need some clarity, and it doesn't look like it's going to be coming any times soon. We demand instant answers and instant gratification and even in the markets, and quite awful, we don't get that. We're going to find out if we should be looking at our four oh one cas is this a good buying opportunity notwithstanding volatility? And we'll talk about the FED and which direction the rates are going to go more with Brian James after a quick word here for affordable imaging services. Got my CT scan a couple of weeks ago. Oh, that's actually been more of than a couple of weeks. But you know, everything went great. The CT scan int Affordable Imaging Services was great. My doctor read it and interpreted it, and while my lift notes did grow a little bit, not so much that I need to get treatment. So overall the results were good. But my point is with Affordable Imaging Services, I paid a mere fraction for that CT scan, which could have set me back five grand at a hospital. You get a CT scan without a contrast for four hundred and fifty bucks at Affordable Imaging Services six hundred with a contrast. Every image at Affordable Imaging Services comes with at board certified radiologist report, which again my doctor had no problem with. Just nice echo cardigram. Sure, wait around a month maybe more to get in the hospital at Echo cardigram department. How about not get you right in and Affordable Imaging Services where without an enhancement's only going to set you back five hundred dollars eight hundred bucks with an enhancement and again that can act quickly and get your right in CT scans, MRIs ultrasounds. Just save yourself a heapload of money. Exercise your choice when it comes to your medical care. You have it five one three seven five three eight thousand five one, three, seven, five, three, eight thousand. To learn more about affordable imaging services, check them out online Affordable Medimaging dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five KRC FOURT.
Speaker 1: Eight nineteen If if you got kc DE Talk Station Money Monday with Brian James, Thanks to all with financial loaning them out for a few segments here every Monday and pivoting over. We talked about market volatility. I understand why it's there, but obviously market volatility impacts our four to oh one K. And something I never do is jack where my four to oh one K is at least you know, with the exception of my twice annual visits with my financial planner. I mean, I lived through the COVID nineteen downturn. I saw at one point how much I lost and lo and behold, if you wait around long enough, it all comes back and then you end up having more, which is exactly what happened with me. So I like to avoid the headache and the heartburn and everything might go along with it, because you know, until you sell, you haven't really made or lost, right Brian, So should we be looking at our four to one K balances?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully you're looking at it and seeing that it's not as bad as you thought it was going to be. And the reason I say that is because hopefully this isn't the first time you've looked at it. So you're doing things the right way, and you have looked at what your ultimate goals are and you understand some market history. Then hopefully that decision resulted in a diversified portfolio that owns just a little bit of everything. Every four roh and K out there has enough where you can build a set it and forget it type of a portfolio and do just what Brian Thomas is doing, which is look at it a couple times a year. It's not money that you're gonna need tomorrow. If that is the case, then you already screwed up before four oh and K is your only source of wealth. That's a problem. That means you have no cash, you got no oil in the engine, and that kind of thing. This should be the money that's out there for at least five, ten, even fifteen years to help you fight off inflation. And if you look at any chart, any chart of the stock market over the last thirty years, then you will notice it goes one direction. That direction is up. However, we have our our little head fakes every now and then. I remember when I first started in this industry, was nineteen ninety seven, and the Russian ruble collapsed in ninety eight, and then we had something called Long Term Capital's a hedge fund that collapsed. I remember thinking, in my youthful stupidity, oh my gosh, this time it's different. I'm special, I'm scared now, So now this one counts and in the end and the end, it doesn't matter. It's just a reshuffling of the deck and different leaders will to take the move to the forefront. Shortly after that we had the huge technology boom. All of it became a catalyst. Whenever there's some kind of panic in the market, somebody takes advantage of the opportunity to drive things further. As we hinted out in the earlier segment, right now, it appears to be the international stocks are going to take the lead for a while. So far, that's been the case. If you don't own any it's not helping you, and you will feel targeted by the market. Market doesn't care about you. It only cares about about what it can see forward. And right now, that's not very much. So make sure that your portfolio is at least spread out across these different things so that as things have been flow, you'll benefit from it, but you don't take it on the chin if something completely falls apart.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's you know, conservative investing, and then there's you know, riskier investing. You know, obviously with risk you're investing. The idea of getting a bigger return is always there. You know, every time I meet with financial and there's always that one fund like twenty five percent return, and you're like, damn it, I wish I had put more in there in that one because look this one over here only got me four percent return. How often should we be adjusting the different funds that we're in or is that something that we shouldn't be doing very often? Does depend on where we are in our life close to retirement. What's the story on that? Ran?
Speaker 2: Yeah, great question. So how often if I shouldn't be in there every day goof around with it, well, then should I never look at it?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 2: The answer the answer to that is I'd say maybe maybe once a year to really get under the hood and make sure that you have what you need. Generally speaking, once properly diversified, A four oh one K will usually pretty much stay in balance. A boy the way four oh one K, four oh three B. You might have a step I, RA whatever, which we're referring to your employer retirement plan that you were probably putting money into every week, every two weeks, every month, or however often you get paid. That inflow, that constant inflow of cash tends to keep it in balance. If you balance that once, you know, a year ago, and you put a bunch of money and left it all alone, it's probably still reasonably in bounced. I'm not talking about the you know, the dollar amounts. The dollar amount could actually be down, of course because of where the market is, But I'm talking about the different sizes of the various positions you hold in that retirement plan. That constant inflow from payroll tends to keep the whole thing in balance. Because if something's taking a beating, then it meaning it's down more than everything else in the portfolio. Well, you've just bought more shares of it because you have put the same fixed dollar amount in every pay period as you've been doing for years, So that tends to again keep it in bounced. So it shouldn't be too far out of whack.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, if you notice that it is way out of balance, I would really be looking under the hood for how did that happen? And it's not so much about what do I have to fix right now. It's more about, Okay, let's the next time we go through a crazy cycle like this, and granted we're in the middle of this one, but the next time it comes around, how should I make some changes now so that I don't hit that roller coaster later. And it's not about never losing. That's one of the guarantees that want to give everybody, you know, as a financial planner, with some I guarantee my clients Occasionally, you're gonna lose money. We're gonna lose your money. It's the reality of it. My job is to help you navigate through that and not avoid it, because there's no such thing. So be prepared for that, learn your history, and then understand the levers you need to pull inside your flour one k to make sure it doesn't sink your ship.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's pause. We'll bring Brian James back for one more. We'll talk about fed raids and whether or not this represents a buying opportunity right now. I also want to address the subject matter of you know, having money in bonds was always like the conservative, really safe place to keep your money, not as high an interest return as that in stocks. But you know, I'm wondering where we are relative to the bond market considering the volatility and all the craziness going on in the world. Pause. One more segment with Brian James. It's a twenty five at fifty five KRC, the talk station. You know, whether you're buying a home, refinanciing your existing Morgig mortgage, you have the best possible person when you're working with Susette lows Camp Across Country mortgage. She can and will help you, and she's quick about getting back. We'll give you a contact information moment, but personal service. You can't get better service. My daughter experienced this, and I love mentioning that because she was working with a bank and they were slow and they weren't responsive, and I said, here, call this number, and within two days they had financing for their home. And she loved working with Susette. She sais, oh my god, she was so helpful and so nice. I'm like, exactly right. That's why I'm so pleased to speak with her, and that's why I'm recommending her to you. My daughter, my precious daughter. So I'm recommendator to my daughter. You know, you can safely give Susan A Low's camp a call and they have a special thing, and I really appreciate mentioning this that they've got it. Cross Country Mortgage Line of Duty death beneditt but benefit for first responders one time benefit covers your outstanding mortgage balance up to five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars should you follow the line of duty, and Susette can give you all the details on that and every other program that's out there for a verse mortgage options, fixed second mortgage, cash out options, lines of credit, one stop shopping, best customer service in the business, and every state in the Union, plus my friends in Peertorre. You go, you can contact her because she's licensed being with Cross Country Mortgage in all those states five one three three, one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six Email or she'll get right back with you. Any way you get in touch with her Suzette dot Low's camp lo O s e Kamp Suzette dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: This chenerally one on the time. Got a uh ready to move out by noon if you got any Here's maybe partly cloudy day to day with the highest seventy three down to forty eight to night with some clouds. Partly cloudy day tomorrow with the highest seventy one, a few clouds over night down to fifty and seventy eight to high on Wednesday, along with partly cloudy skies are now sixty nine. Time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Right, you see health, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more, and you see help dot com. Cruz continue to work for the wreck. Inbound seventy four above Montana. Traffic slows a bit to get buy They're on the right southbound seventy five. Frank glides through Lachlan northbound seventy five. Much improved out of Urbanger into town. Just a couple of extra minutes needed. Chuck ingram ontifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's a thirty fifty five air Ceed talk station. Very happy Monday to you one more with Brian James doing that money Monday thing. In terms of buying opportunity, I would think, you know, if you're investing for the long term, it's always a buying opportunity where the market's up or down as long as you get your money invested. So what's the story now with this volatility? And and I guess leading us to a conversation about which direction the Fed is going to go with rates? And then my question about bonds always the safest investment, but is that always going to be the case? We got all these international trade disputes going on in China owns a lot of our debt in the form of bonds, and what if they quit, you know, buying them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are lots of concerns out there, and we are kind of shuffling the decks in terms of what we what we view as risky versus not. To address your first question, yeah, I'm not a believer at all, Brian in market timing. And so when we say is this a buying opportunity, should I put some of my cash to work? My first question to that person is going to be, well, what has your cash been doing? Have you been sitting on a pile of cash waiting for this?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: If so, then yeah, absolutely put it to work. But I'd have told you that in December two before we kind of hit the skids, because again I don't believe in market timing at all. You can be right nine times in a row and be wrong the tenth time you go right back to the beginning. So what I will throw out there Brian, though, is this can be just to kind of think a little differently about this a buying opportunity, yes, but also for some people in the right situation, it could be a conversion opportunity. And what I'm getting at there is if you have a huge pile of money on your pre tax side, your four oh and K, your iras, the traditional side of things that has never been taxed before, but is going to get the daylights kicked out of it by the time you reach age seventy three to seventy five, depending on how old you are now, then this while the market is down, can be a great time to go ahead and take some of that cash and tay time with it. Convert your traditional IRA to WROTH and from then on, as we recover, from then on, those games are going to be tax free. You're going to reduce your require minimum distributions, You're going to reduce the tax hit down the road. So on one hand, yeah, when the market's down, is it a buying opportunity. Yeah, that's pretty much always the case because eventually it turns around goes back up. But I think what people need to be looking at more is not only you know, for buying opportunities, but can I rearrange my tax situation? How what's in this opportunity for me to kind of benefit and again never pay taxes again. There's a lot of moving parts to that, but I think that's something that this generation of retirees ought to start to learn more about.
Speaker 1: Is there any limitation to converting to ROTH, I mean, like financial limitations or earnings or anything like that, or is just something that anybody can do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the great thing about it. So what we tend to think about roth irais as being somewhat limited because I can only make so much money to contribute, right. However, that is not the case when it comes to converting a conversion is not a contribution conversion. I'm taking money that is already inside of an IRA and I'm converting it from the pretax side to the ross side. There is no income limit. The only thing you got to deal with is what are the taxes that you'll pay. You have to take that conversion amount, add it to your your other sources income. You also want to be careful. You know, if you're close to Medicare age, then it could factor into driving your Medicare premiums a little higher. But a married couple can get up to two hundred and ten thousand dollars of income before that's an issue. Single person one hundred thousand dollars. But if you've got the ability to do that, it can't even be worth taking that hit when you look at the fifteen to twenty year impact of a decision like.
Speaker 1: This, all right now, pivoting over before we part company to day Brian James fed interest rates, which were you sensing the direction you're going to go? They're going to remain the same go up, go down. Where are we on that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as of right now, So to fetch our Powell talk last week and said the federal reserve is going to stand down in any rate moves for the time being. Again, waiting for greater clarity was the quote that he used. So we've been talking about that all morning. He's got the same problem that we do. We simply can't see that far into the future.
Speaker 1: Well, are there any reports coming out and that might shed some light on which direction they're going to go, because I think a lot of people are looking for a little relief in terms of like home mortgage interest rates.
Speaker 2: Right so that that's where we would want to see it. But unfortunately consumers are still spending. We really haven't, you know, we're still in the same mode that we were before. And so right now the chair Powell is not seeing a reason to put another cut in place because because of the clarity, he can't see in the future any further than we can. And the idea that I believe underlying all this is his concern that inflation is going to come back quickly if we drop interest rates, because we simply seem to have that ability still to run the economy a little faster than it should be whenever there's an opportunity such as lower interest rates, and he does not want inflation to come roaring back. You know, despite what the President says. President doesn't like him a whole lot. But it's not going to be very easy for for Trump to do anything directly with Powell. But at this point we're kind of in a holding pattern unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Well, and going back to our initial conversation about tariffs, that they may very well have an inflationary impact just in and of themselves, regardless of you know, simple laws of supplying demand. If you're going to tear iff something, it's going to go up in price. Yeah, that's we're simply layering more cost onto something.
Speaker 2: And you know we can't view this. We're going to make these other countries pay these arffs. Well, that's just not how it works. That's like saying, you know, a landlord is or a landlord is simply going to eat the increase in property taxes. No they're not. They're going to increase the rents on their renters. It all gets passed down to the consumer. That's the difference between a consumer and a producer. Consumer is at the bottom of the pile and has to eat whatever the changes are. Ultimately, now those companies can be hurt one way or another. Because they you know, maybe consumers look the other way, look for different opportunities. And that goes back to what we were saying before about international stocks outperforming. There are countries out there who aren't going through this and have the capability to produce some of the goods and certaviss that in the United States are current for United States consumers are currently going to be affected by the tariffs. So those companies have a great opportunity in front of them because they don't have those hurdles.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Brian James, always enjoy our conversations. Very important and uh interesting information and h I think solid advice as always like to point that out. Get yourself a financial planner and take the weight off your own shoulders. Brian James, We'll look forward to next Monday in an audition of Monday. Monday, have a great week, my friend.
Speaker 2: All right, have a good week. We'll talk to you Monday.
Speaker 1: All right, A thirty six right now if you have Cacy de talk stations stick around, a deep look at China's internal challenges. My next guest Breitbart's Francis Martel. She's the international editor. She'll be on next after I mentioned you know, well, real estate agents and the best real estate agents in town. You're not going to find a better team. Peter Shabrie Group of Colorwiams seven Hills, some of the finest agents around in offering programs that nobody else is offering, and the only agents I would ever trust to buy or sell a home. Guaranteed about this. You sit down with Peter Shabri, you agree on a price and a timeline with Peter's team at the outset, and if they don't sell your home at that price and by that time, Peter will buy it at they'll agreed upon price. So you clear expectations, simple, easy to understand. You know when the end is coming, and you know I'm telling you Peter Shabrie and the Corotabery Group will probably sell your house for a lot more money and on a shorter timeline. But at least you know you've got a finite time and an agreed upon price. Peter will buy it if it's not sold by that time. Just one of the many programs that they offer and nobody else is doing. Get in touch with them. It's easy to do. Five to one three seven zero eight three thousand, five to one three seven zero eight three thousand, go directly to the website. Just drop the five to one three seven zero eight three thousand dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc AN iHeartRadio station, A forty E.
Speaker 1: Here fifty five KRCD talk station. Very happy Monday to you, Extra special Monday. We get the insights good from Breitbart News every Tuesday Day five. Today got a little insight into what is life like within China's borders. It's an empower youth seminar that'll be done by my next guest, Francis Martel, Breitbart's international editor and she's been with breit Bart since twenty thirteen. I always recommend when I talk about Breitbart b R E I T B A r T Breitbart dot com book market, you'll be glad you did because you get to read about what Francis Martel is writing. Francis, welcome back to the fifty five KC Morning Show. It's great to have you on.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Not all is Rosie in China. I get the impression, I mean, we get this. I mean I worry about China. Obviously, they you know, cracked into all our computer systems. They've you know, interrupted it. They've got, you know, chips that are have nefarious built in components to them. They're building up their military in a very rapid pace. They always are threatening to take over Taiwan. I mean, it just seems like they're on a roll. And yet it's not that Rosie in China, I understand, tell my listeners a little about what you're gonna be talking about tomorrow night at seven pm.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, so you know, it doesn't feel like they're on a role. When you look at just the general sentiment, especially around young Chinese millennials and gen z, they are very despondent about the future of the country. One of the terms that they've been using on social media is the phrase garbage time of history, which is garbage time is a basketball term. It just means the end of the basketball game where it's obvious one team is going to win and nothing matters. They see the current time period as that. But it's obvious America is going to win and there's no point to the competition. So that's the attitude from young Chinese, and a lot of that is unemployment. A lot of that is the feeling that they will never be able to own a house that they won't have the money to get married or have kids. The nine to nine six culture, which is the nine nine six is a jack Ma term for ali baba, and it basically needs nine am to nine pm, six days a week. The idea that you're you don't have a life outside of work, that attitude has really crushed the idea that you can start a family in China, and so there's all this frustration and kind of despondence from from normal Chinese people, especially to Chinese youth. A lot of them have moved back in with their parents. They're young Chinese people pretending to have a job online just so that their relatives don't bother them. But it's fake. You know, they take a picture at a desk and they pretend they're at work and they're unemployed. So it's not it's not a great sentiment over there. And I think with the with the incoming tariffs and all of that, you know a lot of people here are feeling that, you know, we're going to be affected so badly, And the attitude of the Chinese government is that, you know, they're they've survived three thousand years, their culture is so old, we'll get through the tariffs. But the general sentiment among young Chinese is that you know, they're they've.
Speaker 1: Already lost you know, I I sound it sounds to me like you can draw quite a few parallels with happened with young people here in the United States.
Speaker 12: Francis absolutely to an extreme extent, because at least we can complain about it, right, and everyone knows. Everyone knows how millennials feel about home ownership and health insurance and building families and all that, because we're on you know, Instagram, complaining all the time on Twitter. You can't do that in China. If you say the wrong thing on Levo, you're getting banned. Your social credit score goes down, and if it goes down too low, you can't even take a train. So they are also silent, and that repression adds to the general feeling of hopelessness that that doesn't really serve the.
Speaker 1: Government well, and that seems to be a natural human reaction. If everything you say is scrutinized by your lords and masters within the Chinese Communist Party and you do have a social credit score, that concept in and of itself has got to be disheartening. And I would imagine induces perhaps some rebellion or anger within the Chinese people, absolutely, and we.
Speaker 12: Saw a lot of that in twenty twenty two, in late twenty twenty two where we saw these protests, and that was partly because of the COVID lockdowns where you know, we had it pretty bad here in twenty twenty We had some lockdowns in the Northeast and you know in the Blue States, but in China it was you know, they were welding people shut in their homes. They the police did not let you out. If you didn't have food, you just starved in parts of China in your house. So it was very, very repressive, and that triggered a wave of protests, and the most impressive ones to me were the white paper protests, where young Chinese people would go out and they would hold up protest signs, but they were completely blank because they knew if they said anything, it doesn't matter what was on the sign, they would be arrested for it. So they were daring police to arrest them for holding up a blank protest signs, and the police did arrest them. A lot of those people were disappeared into the justice system.
Speaker 2: We don't know what happened to them.
Speaker 12: There was a young Chinese, I think a college student who was arrested for reciting Shakespeare. How I compare each to a Summer's Day, which is inherently a political but you know, if you're celebrating Western literature in China, that's already an active rebellion. So there was a lot of that and that was crushed very violently. And so we haven't seen a massive wave of protests like that. But just last week in Changdu, someone posted a huge banner across a bridge that said, you know, democracy is the only answer. So people are still protesting. People are still very actively protesting. It's just heavily repressed and a lot of the bravest people have already been shepherded into prisons. So you know that leadership vacuum is going to hurt a protest movement.
Speaker 1: So because of the you know, everything's electronic social media. Of course, if you communicate on it, you're going to be tracked and monitored. There's going to be a permanent record of it. The Chinese Communist Party is looking at everything that you're doing. This this I'm reminding you of ten Square because I remember that, like it was yesterday, there was this sort of hope built up that that was going to lead them to some freedom and some democracy. Obviously it was crushed, but that was pre social media. That was an organic, organized thing, and there is there a potential for that type of thing to crop up again. But I mean, you know, an underground movement like people actually you know, communicating just by voice as opposed to electronically, that they can foment some sort of wider rebellion against this repression.
Speaker 12: I think that is happening to a certain extent. But from a religious perspective, I think the Christian underground in China's massive people who go to house churches because in China Christianity is legal. There are two Christian churches that are legal, the Chinese Catholic Church, which is severed from the Vatican, and then the three self Patriotic Church, which is basically Communist Party Protestantism. And if you go into those churches, they don't even talk about Jesus. So the actual Christians don't go to those churches. They pray at home, which would be legal, and a lot of those people have had their home bulldoze have been again disappeared into the justice system. But that Christian underground that is very you know, whispered. The meetings are quiet, they pray together in silence. That has been growing significantly. There are estimates that there are as many as one hundred million Christians in China. So I think that is definitely a big part of it. The protest movement, that was the secular anti lockdown movement that still exists, but that has been crushed by hopelessness. And there's this also this trend among millennials and gen z called lying flat, which essentially means, you know, don't have any career ambition, don't get married, don't have kids, do nothing because anything you do serves the party.
Speaker 4: And that.
Speaker 12: That definitely hurts the protest attitude, right. That feeds into this idea that there's no hope in doing anything. America is going to win the Cold War, and there's no point in trying to fix our government. So that's that's a big hurdle to getting people into an active organization to protest and try to get changed.
Speaker 1: But I'm reminded of Atlas Shrug. You know, if you just don't participate and refuse to, you know, provide your labor and your brilliance to the Chinese Communist Party and people just sort of quit. If that movement were to get large enough that kind have a profound.
Speaker 12: Impact, Yes, and it has. You know, if you look at the population trends in China, the birth rate is collapsing. Yeah, no one wants to have kids. And not only does does no one want to have kids, there aren't enough women of child bearing age because of the one child's pop So it's thirty five million more men than women. So even if they wanted to, they can't. But they don't want to, and so a generation from now, that workforce is going to look very weak unless they start mass you know, importing migrants, and China is not going to do that, so that is going to have a tremendous negative effect on the economy. And the economy is basically the only thing holding up party right now.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: And part of this makes me think of the Malethusians and the globalists of the world. Who thinks the world's population is too big anyway, So this is all playing into it. You know, Japan's shrinking rapidly every day, China's population isn't replacing itself, and the same thing here in the United States and in Europe, it's almost like ultimately, you know, we're leading ourselves down the path of well not keeping the population up.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I think, you know, we're in a better position. And I think a country, for example, like South Korea, which has the world's lowest birth rate, because we are spiritually open, because you can have a religion in these countries, I think that fuels the desire to start families, especially larger families. In China, the trend that you have is that basically the only people who want to have families are the weaker Muslims in East Cirkustan, and they are undergoing genocide. Chinese communists are going village by village, serializing the entire female population of leaguer villages, so the only people that want to have kids are being sterilized. And then the Han population, which is despondent after seventy years of communism, seventy five years, they don't want kids, and you know, if they have because this communist government is also Han supremacists, the ethnic con group which is the majority population of China, it doesn't really serve them that There's also a trend of Chinese men looking for Indian or Pakistani wives because that doesn't really first the idea of their supremacy right, so it is a huge problem. They've been trying to pressure women into having babies the Communist Party now called women and asks them about their cycles and asks them if their plan and have families, which is incredibly intrusive and having the opposite effect of what they want. So the desperations kicking in and it's going to be interesting to see how they.
Speaker 1: Deal with this fascinating conversation, fascinating topic. Francis Martel International Letter of Bright Bart should be speaking tomorrow night, beginning at seven pm. It's log in from the comfort of your own home only. Register to a ten virtually go to empower Youamerica dot org and Joe, we'll also add a link to fifty five Caarosee dot com for that link. It's been fascinating talking with your Francis. As always, I know my listener is going to enjoy the seminar tomorrow night, and I look forward to talking with you again real soon.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much for having me on my pleasure.
Speaker 1: It's eight fifty two right now, folks at five care see the talk station Gay to Heaven Cemetery located right there in Montgomery. It's gorgeous there at Gay to Heaven. It's a nice place to reflect, engage in some prayer. We'll do the walks around their gorgeous, gorgeous grounds there with a seasonal flowers. Springtime is a perfect time to do a stroll through Gay to Heaven and exhale, relax, enjoy the cemetery's quiet, reverence surroundings. That's what it's all about, and mat want to reflect on the passage of the Pope. If you're Catholic, good place to go, but it's a good place for everybody, and it is open for everyone to enjoy. Gate of Heaven administering to the Tristate for more than seventy seven years, honoring life on sacred ground. To learn more about at Gate of Heaven dot org. That's gateof Heaven dot org. Fifty five car the talk station