Speaker 1: You're listening to kf I Am six forty the Bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f Okay, let's say hello to the crowd. First of all, kno is still not here, but Elmer is Elmo. Elmer is filling in. What's that tattoo on your sleeve? By the way, Elmer, what is that? You can't see it completely? This one right here? Yeah, no, this one, I'm pointing not to that one. The other. I'm sorry. He's so tatted up. He's like the tattooed lady. I should call him Lydia. We got Winnie the Pooh or you have Winnie the Pooh the pool by the way, was that that was big in your gang days, wasn't it? But that went over well?
Speaker 2: I know it's my mother's favorite cartoon growing up.
Speaker 1: So oh that's sweet. Yeah, no, I just you pass. I was like, you know, oh, okay, that's that is sweet? All right? Fair enough? And Amy is here? Amy? Good morning?
Speaker 2: Well, Hi Bill, how are you hi?
Speaker 1: And you're oh, look at you. You're wearing your the Dodger light purple. Today. It's Perry Winkle, Yes, Perry Winkle. Oh, I've always went and just absolutely love that color, or at least that name of it. So Amy, real quickly, because you're such a Dodgers fanatic. Yes, I know you went down the hall to our sister station, Kyle Is he is covering the Dodgers, and you were able to snag a couple of Dodger tickets for yourself, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, fat chance. They're going for They're starting at like twelve hundred dollars and that's for standing room, that's for the cheap seats.
Speaker 1: No. I just read an article that you're they're going for twelve hundred bucks to stand up.
Speaker 3: Which is interesting because Dodger Stadium does not encourage you to stand.
Speaker 1: I don't know how legal that is. I don't even know it. Maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're selling every nook and cranny of that place.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how legal that is, and it's completely legal. Yeah, and so far is up to its eyeballs this weekend. And what did you say, Amy, Saturday was going to be every single ve you in southern California.
Speaker 3: Friday Friday night. So yeah, that you got the Dodgers at five o'clock. At seven, the Lakers hosts the Suns at Crypto USC is hosting Rutgers at the Coliseum. At eight, so FI is hosting the East LA Classic High School football game, and then the Into It Dome and Kia Forum both have concerts.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Just stay home. Yeah, just stay home. It's that simple. And Neil is not here. Well, first of all, and go morning. Let me say hello to you. Good Martin, there you are. Neil is not here today. He is under the weather. I have a question about that. Aren't we all, all of us under the weather all the time?
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I wonder where that came from. He's under the weather.
Speaker 3: We're going to put that on our list of things of origins.
Speaker 4: I just never know if I'm really tired or I don't feel good. It all kinds of MUSHes together. Yeah, but you're under the weather, all right, yeah, aways, yes we are.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, yes we are. And my voice was starting to give out yesterday too, and I don't know why. So we'll see what happens today.
Speaker 2: Sounds great today, Bill, Well we'll get there.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that. You still have your job. You don't have to worry about it. You have a contract. You don't have to say that Okay, we have just a chunk of news to deal with and talk about today. It'll be Amy and me doing the news. That Amy and I, Amy and I doing the news, and so let's start it. It's time for handle on the news, Amy King, No Neil and me lead story. Well, Secretary of State Anthony B. Lincoln in Israel again, eleventh visit since October seventh of last year and are trying to somehow broker a piece deal. And it's as far away as it's ever been. You know, the killing of Sinwar by the Israeli military, and that's the head honcho of Hamas, the lead, the most senior Hamas nik that existed gone in terms, and also the senior leadership has been taken out. So a lot of people thought, okay, now's the time. This is a good time because Hamas has been degraded, a lot of political pressure on Israel to cut some kind of a deal, so the hostages come back. Israel is as entrenched as it was, Hamas is as entrenched as it was, and all we have now is the same fight where the decimation of Hamas continues until there's nothing left of Gaza and Beirut is now in the middle of it, and we're anticipating some kind of an attack Israel against Iran, which is guaranteed to happen, And are is regional war breaking out? Is it going to happen? Is probably there right now? All right? Are we do any more of that today? Probably not. We've been doing that to death.
Speaker 2: The Central Park Five is suing guess who? Former President Trump.
Speaker 3: Members of the Central Park Five filed a lawsuit saying that Trump made false and defamatory statements about their nineteen eighty nine case during the debate last month with Vice President Harris So Apparently, he said during the debate that the Central Park Five pleaded guilty to crimes connected to the beating and raping of a woman in New York City, and that the five teenagers at the time badly hurt a person killed the person in the attack. Trump's statements, they say, were false and defamatory in several respects. The guys are now all in their fifties.
Speaker 1: And they're out because it turns out they didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Did they find out who did do it?
Speaker 1: I don't think they did, but they were exonerated. They did not do it, and they maintained their innaoscence from day one. They played I mean, Trump was wrong, they pled not guilty. They didn't plead guilty. They didn't kill anybody because they didn't do anything to anybody in terms of this case, So is this a good lawsuit? Yeah, I think it's gonna fly. That's pretty effamatory. I mean, you know, accusing someone you killed someone on the record when you didn't. Yeah, you know, public figures and all. Now, I think I think it's going to be a case. That's my opinion.
Speaker 3: How would they because they're not None of them are like celebrities, Like, it's not going to damage their I mean, does it.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes if it's libel per se, you don't have to show damages, you don't have to show reputations. And then the argument's going to be their public figures. But I don't even think it matters their public figures by simply by reason that the story became an international story. And if i'm if i'm their attorney, plainted, I'd argue, they're not Who the hell knows their name?
Speaker 2: Even they are the Central Park five, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so who knows their name? Can you tell me? And you're in the news Amy, do you know the name of one? No, and you would if anybody else would, And that means no, but I don't. Certainly. Hey, guys, I tell you my daughter is getting married on November two week from Saturday. My daughter Barbara is getting married. Wow.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, congratulations, it's amazing. We were waiting for you to make.
Speaker 1: It's just another wedding gift I have to buy. Come on, give me a break.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure you're paying for a lot more than a wedding gift.
Speaker 1: How about the wedding And how about the honeymoon? Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, you're paying for that too, Yeah, sucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Where are they going.
Speaker 1: Italy? Wow, they're going to Italy. I'm trying to push for little Italy in New York and if and if we had a little Italy here in southern California and Los Angeles, I would go for that.
Speaker 2: I thought we had one.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have a little Italy now San Diego. Is there little Lily in San Diego? I have to look into that. You all right, I just thought I mentioned that.
Speaker 3: I think you should break it to them that they're going to Little Lily instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough? All right, guys, we have plenty more news to go through this morning, so it's we continue with handle on the news with Amy O'Neil and me.
Speaker 3: A meeting of our adversaries and kind of some friendlies too.
Speaker 2: Listen to this gang.
Speaker 3: Russian President Putin is going to meet with China's Jijingping, India's Modi, Turkey's Airdwan, and Iran's Masud Peszeshkian. Then this whole group gathering kind of goes against it. Everybody thought that Putin would become a pariah if you went in and invaded Ukraine. So they're all going to meet in on Russia for a meeting of the bricks block of development country or developing economies. The brick stands for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, but since then it's expanded to Iran and Egypt and Ethiopia, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Malaysia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the world's breaking into into has now. Putin's won on this one. There's no question. I mean Putin, who in many ways is a pariah dictator, but the way the countries are lining up, it's definitely going to be East versus West, and it's just it's just a tough time to be alive, you know, it really is, between climate change and what's happening politically, it's it's going to be very rough for the next next decade, two decades, next generation not looking forward to it. But here's the good news. I told my daughters that you'll never be able to afford a house either, So enjoy yourself. Okay.
Speaker 3: Product reviews are now required to be real. The Federal Trade Commission issued a rule back in August that went into effect yesterday. It bans the sale or purchase of online reviews and allows the agency to seek civil penalties against people who violate the rule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two questions about this. Number one, how do you tell that there is a fake review or it has been bought? That's one, and number two, that is one and two. And then the issue is I look at reviews. Don't you look at Yelp reviews? I pay attention to those.
Speaker 3: Right, But I'm wondering too if it encompasses like online like social media stuff, because you know, like every time you scroll, you've got oh my gosh, you got to try this product with from the influencers are those fake reviews.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think those are fake reviews. And I think the laws are going to be that the influencer is being paid for the review. As long as we're told about that, I get it. I don't have a problem with that. It's the fake reviews. It's the fake I am great, I am great, I am great. And then the other side of it is a negative review can really hurt a business, and in terms of reviewers coming in, people who don't like your product or your service are much more app to post than people who do. They get really aggravated. Do you how many times I threaten I have a radio show and I'm going to talk about you tomorrow at eight o'clock And then I usually get yeah, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: You think I give a rats and then their business.
Speaker 1: And then there yeah, And then I don't do it because you know, I wouldn't have time.
Speaker 3: Copycats maybe cutting into Eli Lily's profits. How do we know this well, because it has sued three medspas and online vendors for selling products claiming to contain the main ingredient in its popular weight loss medicines, zep bound. It's called terres Zeppatide and so they've filed the lawsuits. They're the first ones filed related to the copycat drug filed since the USFDA took the drug off its list of medicines that were in short supply.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a whole world to this stuff, these new drugs, and they seem to be working, although we don't have any idea about long term studies, no idea at all, but the news seems to be pretty good. And now, of course everybody's jumping on the bandwagon, and there are several competing drugs out there, so it's the whole thing. It's going to level off. This is just the new stuff that's coming up.
Speaker 3: I would be more concerned about if they're compounded. It's saying that they're not the actual drug, they're the copycat drug.
Speaker 2: Like, how do you know.
Speaker 1: That that compound pharmacies can do that. There are a bunch of pharmacies that put drugs together that you can't get out on the open market and prescriptions work, and you know as long I mean, if they're real pharmacies, the controls are there. It's just the different models we have. Very few people know about compound pharmacies, but look it up. They're there, and it's just a weird model that we deal with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this lawsuit is accusing the companies of selling products claiming to contain to rezepetide directly to patients without a prescription from a medical professional.
Speaker 1: And they have to be prescribed. Yeah, but then here's an end around you. There are peoples. Like the original medical marijuana laws, you could literally get a doctor over the phone to prescribe. It's that easy to do. You think all doctors are ethical and wonderful and they're not going to want to make one hundred and fifty bucks for a two minute phone call. All right, let's do one more before we bail out of here.
Speaker 3: Well, this doesn't happen very often, but Elon Musk and Governor Newsom are on the same side. As you may recall, the California Coastal Commission denied Elon Musk and SpaceX's requests to beef up the number of rockets that they're launching from Vandenberg Space for Base.
Speaker 2: They said no.
Speaker 3: So now Elon is suing, and over the weekend, Governor Newsom said, I'm with Elon on this one.
Speaker 2: He thinks that they should be able to increase the number of rockets they I.
Speaker 1: Should be what are these rockets? Are all about technology? They're all about putting up satellites that do more things for US communications service providers. So yeah, it makes sense. And the Coastal Commission, I don't know if you've ever read anything about the Coastal Commission. They are brutal, I mean brutal. They don't let anything happen under any circumstance. So yeah, and you were right by the way when you started this particular story. It's very rare for Elon Musk and Gavin Newsom be on the same page.
Speaker 3: And their comment. His comments came while he was out campaigning for Harris. And you know that Trump is supported by Musk.
Speaker 1: Oh. Yeah, a coffee Tuesday morning, October twenty two, just talking to Anne and she was looking at stub hub. And the most expensive ticket as of right now is what for the Dodgers game for the World Series World what forty three thousand dollars? That's expensive on stuff? Is that a ticket? It said?
Speaker 2: The most expensive ticket?
Speaker 1: So not care of tickets, I don't a ticket? Does that include a hot dog or two or not?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: No parking, no, nothing, it's great. Yeah, World Series forty. Yeah, and that's when you have a whole lot more money than brains. You know, when you do that, just if you can afford it, Amy, would you spend that much money?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, That's exactly my point, because at some point you just go, come on, this isn't this just isn't worth it.
Speaker 3: If I was a multimillionaire, yeah, and spending forty three thousand was like spending five hundred, then yeah, I would do it.
Speaker 2: But it's I'm not, and it's not.
Speaker 1: So there are people who can afford it and would say. You know, when I go shopping for example, you know, I'd buy my clothes at Costco and I see a shirt for eighty bucks instead of the fifteen dollars I spend. I mean, can I have ford eighty dollars for a shirt? Of course I can. Would I spend eighty dollars for a shirt? Of course not. I can get one at Costco for fifteen dollars. It's a question of value. Let's go on more handle on the news with Amy and Me.
Speaker 2: Some backlash over the F bomb. Some leaked audio has a La City council candidate Isabelle Horado saying the the F word and saying F the police at a meeting students at cal State LA. Of course, she's running against incumbent Kevin de Leon, who has had his own racial scandal.
Speaker 3: That was remember the city council thing where they caught them making disparaging comments about another councilman's kid. This one she's talking at cal State LA kids. She responds to a comment or a question about policing, and she says, F the police. That's how I see him. She is saying that she quoted a lyric from a song that is part of a larger conversation on systemic injustice.
Speaker 2: She said it was just a lyric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, however, which is great, you're right quoting the lyric. Is quoting the lyric, but then adding that's how I see them. That's a little more problematic, isn't it. And she is deflecting on that one and just spinning it. Let me tell you, she hates the police. It's that simple, and it's right straight on. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: McDonald's isn't really loving Trump, So McDonald's corporation agreed to host former President Trump at one of its restaurants over the weekend. Where he was serving up fries and delivering meals to people in the drive through. But they're saying that they are not endorsing the candidate in the US presidential race.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This is an interesting one because, first of all, this was not McDonald's corporation. This was a franchise e that went to McDonald's and said, the Trump organization has said he wants to go to a restaurant, and so as soon as that happens, this franchisee and this McDonald's owner then reaches out and says, I want you to do it at my place, and then goes to McDonald's and says, can this be done? I'm assuming that's part of the franchise contract or anything like this has to be okay by the corporation. Corporation says yeah, and so he comes out there, and then McDonald's has to come out and go no, no, no, we're not endorsing anybody. And according to McDonald's, some franchises have also invited Vice President Kamala Harris and Tim Walls to come out to their restaurants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and McDonald's also said in that they don't endorse candidates period, that they they never have they won't.
Speaker 2: They said we are not red or blue, we are golden.
Speaker 1: I think this is and I think Trump during this entire period was saying that she never worked at McDonald's, which can't be proven one way or the other, except it can be, you know.
Speaker 2: And nobody's working very hard to try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I worked at some places that have gone bankrupt forty years ago, and I knew who I was working with, and I can get people to say, yeah, I was working with them, with handle here, So you know, it'd be incomfortable on her to get somebody say yeah, I was working there, no question about it. We haven't heard that. Also, Trump has said she doesn't know. She couldn't find a big mac if you threw it, threw one at her, she wouldn't recognize it. I just made that up, by the way, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were just talking about this World Series. Tickets pretty much out of this world. The Dodgers take on the New York Yankees for Game one of the World Series starting on Friday. So the first two games are here, and tickets if you want to go and take a date twenty five hundred dollars minimum.
Speaker 2: So the cheapest seats are going for over twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now standing room only seats are going.
Speaker 1: For standing room only seats.
Speaker 3: Which is up on the upper deck, which is way at the top, because they don't let you they don't let you stand on field level.
Speaker 1: And I was talking to both of you. Yeah, how is that legal to have people? I mean, you can only be so crowded at a game because you have the fire ordinances. Does a fire marshal not come in and go you're done? Could you imagine a fire marshal shutting down a World Series game, which I think they can. I think they have the legal ability to go, we're shutting this down.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's only up along the top deck, along the railing or something, and that's how they can get away out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's what would happen. I'd feel much better if you shut it right down, everybody cleared out.
Speaker 3: In New York where games three and four and then possibly five if it's needed are their tickets are selling for fifteen hundred dollars on vivid seats. I've seen them for like thirteen hundred dollars for the cheapest seats. Wow, it's forty three thousand for a nice.
Speaker 1: Can you sit it on TV instantly? You can.
Speaker 2: You didn't get to if you didn't have Fox Sports one.
Speaker 3: You didn't get to watch it on TV for the playoffs for the Championship Series. But it will be on I believe on Fox for the World Series.
Speaker 1: Oh, so everybody can watch it. And of course it's going to be covered by our sister station, that's AM five seventy LA Sports. By the way, Game one is Friday, starts at four against the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Five o eight. Actually they changed it.
Speaker 1: Oh they did, Yeah, okay, And you can listen to the iHeartRadio app keyword AM five seven e LA Sports or just AM five seventy LA Sports. And it's going to be a kind of an interesting game. It really is going to be a good one. Oh, we don't know. It may be a blowout, nag maybe, Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 3: Two biggest cities teams haven't met in the World Series for forty three years.
Speaker 2: It's going to be epic.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine. You can tell I'm not much of a baseball fan, sure, I know. That's so. How many hold on a minute, I'm trying always trying to find how many checkers are there in a game. No, see, that is a polo reference. Did you know that? No, yes, there are four checkers in a polo game. Huh.
Speaker 2: The only time I've ever seen polo is in Pretty Woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I just thought i'd mentioned that. Okay, what a way to end this segment. Huh Yeah, completely useless fact. We'll come back and finish up with handle on the news on this Tuesday morning.
Speaker 3: Did He's lawyers want his alleged victims to keep quiet? Lawyers for rapper Sean Combs are trying to stop his alleged victims from making any more public statements. They say all these statements could prejudice a potential jury. They filed a gag order and saying the statements from prospective witnesses and lawyers substantially interfere with combs right to a fair trial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my qu I mean, I think this is a legitimate request. But my question is who is a perspective witness at this point? And I don't know the answer to that. Is the judge going to grant? You know, this is hard to grant. You know, arguing gag orders are not easy because there's a big issue of First Amendment stuff. But it's going to If it does go, it's going to be all encompassing. There's going to be a lot of people that are going to be forced to not speak under a gag order.
Speaker 3: Abortion bands have led to more babies dying. According to new research, hundreds more infants have died than expected in the US. The vast majority of them had congenital abnormality or anomalies.
Speaker 2: Or birth defects.
Speaker 3: Earlier research found that infant mortality spiked in Texas after a six week abortion ban took effect in twenty twenty one. Experts say the new data suggests that the impacts of the bands and restrictions of the abortion bands have been large enough to affect broader trends, basically having a ripple effect across the country.
Speaker 1: Now, let's dive dive a little bit deeper in this, because this gets really interesting. Because women cannot aboord, they are forced to deliver babies that have more anomalies and will die. We'll die right after birth and will because they couldn't abort the kid or could not abort the pregnancy. Now, the argument is going to be, Okay, infant mortality is up, but do not count abortion as part of your infant mortality. And that's exactly what the anti abortion is say that it is word. You are already a killing a kid. And does it matter before or after birth? It doesn't matter. It's still the death of a child. So I find this whole stat fascinating as to which way you're looking at this. I mean, you look at this as a medical fact that has some insane political and moral repercussions and meanings. I just that was the first thing I thought about when this was coming up. When we read the story, I just thought I'd throw that into the mix. Just can confuse everybody. Why don't we.
Speaker 3: Move on one sort of confusing? But his execuecution was called off so he could testify before lawmakers. But now his testimony has been called off. You'll recall that the guy in Texas was scheduled to be executed last Friday.
Speaker 2: There was a last minute's stay.
Speaker 3: They said, nope, we're not going to put him into the death into the execution chamber, so he can testify about his conviction about shaking baby syndrome, which is what they convicted him on for killing his two year old child.
Speaker 2: They said, we want you to testify about it. So we're not going to put you to death.
Speaker 1: Yet, right, And that got interesting. It's never happened before where an execution was delayed because the legislature wanted the convict, wanted the prisoner to be brought forward to testify about the very crime. It is really interesting. And but the problem is at the end of this he's not going to test fi so it should be rescheduled and he should go forward. And that's probably what's going to happen. At the same time, you've got a lot of people that are pushing for a commutation here or at least denying the death pens sentence resentencing him John Grisham. You've got people up there are saying he's innocent, but they're going to still fry him.
Speaker 3: I don't understand though, if he the two year old died he was convicted and they said it was because of shaking baby syndrome. They debunked apparently that shaken baby syndrome is a thing, but the baby is still Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's questionable now it is questionable, and I don't I haven't gotten deeper into this case, so I don't know exactly what the legal concept of shaking baby shaken baby syndrome, and I can certainly see you can shake a baby to death, a two year old. I mean, that's not hard to imagine that that happened. It's just this has all kinds of ramifications, and there are candid legislature. Will the court stop a excuse because you've got a effectively a subpoena where you have the convict that's going to go in place and testify and then in the end doesn't testify, so they go back to Yeah, they're going to fry him. Yeah, that's exactly what's going to happen. So interesting case that's going to disappear with him shortly.
Speaker 2: All right, do you have time for one more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do one more.
Speaker 3: Okay, safety first does not apply here. A new study by wallet hub has ranked the safest states in America. Yeah, California is in the bottom fifteen.
Speaker 1: No surprise. Now we've look at the safest ones are going to be in the northeast coast, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, way up there, and the least safest ones are down in the deep South Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana. And we're coming at thirty seventh. Any surprise, at all.
Speaker 2: Surprise that we're not lower on the list.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, we're done. Coming up Latino voters. How important are they? Oh man? This time around so critical? And let me tell you what's going on right here in California, because we seem to be the poster child of this entire movement. KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.