Speaker 1: So that it wasn't Marga's glider parked outside the motel five years ago. I'm getting out of this marriage while I'm still young and handsome. Oh forever. I couldn't even keep a promise. I made you a tree.
Speaker 2: Four Finger Discounted.
Speaker 3: Welcome to four Finger discount where this week we are going.
Speaker 2: To review the worst flashback ever. I'm Dano and I am guy is working to our shock jock talk block. Where we are we're talking about dangerous curves.
Speaker 3: I would rather run through the top five hundred funniest sounds of all time and review this episode.
Speaker 2: I'd rather do that any way. That sounded great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but you need to have that. What's the one used to that's the greatest sound of all time?
Speaker 2: It has to be right. What's more iconic that the slide was?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, slide whistle? That just snickles defeat.
Speaker 3: Sad trombone or warm or the what's the bankrupt sound?
Speaker 2: For? It was a family feud. Do you know when a family feuder that sounds like the start of Netflix. That's the doom doom. See this is why Dando was a star of all things audio. I mean, you can tell the difference between that doom and well, actually that's not that hard.
Speaker 3: From ten years of doing podcasting, fifteen years of radio whatnot and editing my own sounds, I know what ms and urs look like in audio form. I'm like, I don't have to listen to. I'm just like, cut that out, cut it out.
Speaker 2: I just know you're like ciphering the matrix. You're not. You've seen Blonde Brune and I do enjoy good steak who does not? Yes, you know, as we always say, justice for Joey Pants, he was one hundred percent right.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, And in saying that, going to this episode, you need to have ignorance because this episode.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty much everything. Oh man, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: So before we get into it though, before we get into some it's gonna be some not rants, but just bewilderment. But this weekend, so you m seed work function for your Lovely Louisa's father.
Speaker 2: It is the Lovely Louisa's Father's company. Yes, so he had had the Christmas party for it. It wasn't just for humans, it's for me And yeah, I was politely asked to emcee the event. Which year, there's not a whole lot to it, but you get up and you're sort of telling everybody to sit down and shut up, and you know, toilets are over there. If you want to vabe, go downstairs. Well it went fine, Yeah, went very well. You know it's a good night.
Speaker 3: You know you can start hosting this show. Then you start doing the intro.
Speaker 2: Welcome to fourthing a discount if you want a vape, can go outside. Got to made fun off. Yes, I took so I did that and it was great. Great. I took the kids.
Speaker 3: We may have mentioned it on the podcast in previous weeks, but Nicola and I should say no, Nicola, I took the kids to Melbourne, their first not ever staying in a what we thought was gonna be a hotel with Nicola in the beginning apartment. So it wasn't the hotel because kids wanted room service and whatnot, so that didn't happen. But we took them to see Home alone with the orchestra.
Speaker 2: Okay, and it was great. This was the a movie up, Yes, showing you the movie, but a live orchestra is playing John Williams is fantastic music, yes, John Williams.
Speaker 3: John Williams. Yeah, it's one of the sort of the ones that people sort of forget. You think John Williams, Jaw Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Listen to it, it's like John Williams allover. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And apparently the guy who was originally going to do it wasn't John Williams. It was somebody else because the conductor his name escapes me. He does all the conducting for the Melbournsyphony Orchestra, but he was saying that the original composer had to pull out because he had to do this other project, this acclaimed classic called The Rescue was down under. So John Williams was shown the original sort of cut rough cut of the film and he goes, I have to do this. So he did that and just hearing the start because it starts off with the dude and you're like, oh shit, it's like goosebumps when you're hearing that live, you know. And the kids loved it. Although we'll never be taking Holly to that again. She just she was enjoying herself, but she just can't sit still. Yeah, So that Holly's just one of those kids where she's got to be doing stuff she wants to in her pants and then we there's like have like a water light show outspront of Crank Casino. Yes, it was more interested in watching the cricket on the spots bar behind us then watching the water show, because you know it's Elliott and he loves his whats. And in the day after we took them to the Jurassic World exhibition and that was probably the almost the highlight for me. There was at the end of it. You see it's cleverly done. So they build like an actual animatronic t Rex like the ones you're seeing the film. It looks legit, right, but it's behind sort of this wire fence with danger not go behind, so you can't see the wheel, so it just looks like this TX is stomping and walking out. And for about thirty seconds Elliott believed and seeing his eyes, he.
Speaker 2: Looked at me and goes, is that really? I went, of course it is. He goes what you see.
Speaker 3: His eyes and I'm like, that's what it was like. When I watched dressing part of the person goes, that's all fake. That's a fucking dinosaur.
Speaker 2: So I would I would have loved it if Elliot would have had glasses on, and he sort of did that pulls him off Samuil style.
Speaker 3: But there's one point where he goes take a step back there, take a step back because I was holding him at the same time I got all on camerady can hear and going, this is not going to end good. He was in the moment made he believed the twenty first it was a really good time. So yeah, so then we had to watch Dangerous Curves. Now, we've been saying up to this point now, we're not one of those podcasts that just bashes every episode. I think we've been overall, probably ninety five percent positive for the majority of the episodes that come through.
Speaker 2: I think we've been very When you say criticism, criticism doesn't automatically mean that's bad. Criticism is critical thinking. It means you're analyzing it. It means you're looking at what works and what doesn't. It's not just like, oh, there's such a critic so and people.
Speaker 3: Who spack and say, well, these episodes aren't supposed to be overly critique, they're just meant to be enjoyed.
Speaker 2: It goes.
Speaker 3: But that's what TV is. You make it to be critiqued. That's what happens. That's what art is. Yes, yeah, you can't make an episode and go oh, well, it's your fault for thinking. You know, that's you should enjoy it, don't overthink it. It's just meant to exist.
Speaker 2: That's certainly one attitude you can take. Yeah, it's maybe not the best attitude you can take, but it's an attitude you can take.
Speaker 3: If you ignorance is bliss, that's you know that by power?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and there's Look, there are certain shows that don't necessarily reward deeper analysis or that kind of critical thinking. There just let them wash over you. And look, I've got those shows and mother, no, no, don't for you've got those shows in your life. We all have those shows in our lives.
Speaker 3: But The Simpsons has built that core respect though from it from an audience of what now, twenty years of season twenty, where you can't just all of a sudden go oh.
Speaker 2: This is just one of the show's supposed to know. I don't forget and just ignore like you can do ken, Yes, but you should, but you don't. It's reputation. Isn't that the reputation precedes it and that you don't stick around for as long as it's in. Is that if you don't have a little substance to go with the style. So you know, I think it's something we should do, is like pick apart what works and what doesn't because it's hit highs sometimes that it's hit lows, and you know, you wonder why that's the case. Why does this work and this doesn't. That's why you're tuning in. We hope.
Speaker 3: The thing is with these flashback episodes, though, is that the main critique usually is the continuity. People that's ninety shows. A lot of people hate it because it's how it doesn't make sense right. We've been able to watch those episodes in a vacuum. Even if you're watching this one in a vacuum. The issue isn't the continuity. For me, it's just how hateful and negative and pessimistic, and it's just this episode had pretty much the majority of every element of what I despise about this era of the Simpsons is the only thing the writers know when you're doing a flashback is Marginhomer have a fight and it nearly break up. That's every flashback. Now, every flashback is that.
Speaker 2: It's never really about the joys of first meeting and the you know, the spark of that first.
Speaker 3: Game, it was Yeah, but from the team You're onwards. No, it's always just they even that ninety show It's Marriaging Crisis, it's always that they always end up fucking other people nearly and you're.
Speaker 2: Thinking, yeah, now, I've only seen this movie. It's an older movie based on Yeah, I saw it once, maybe in my late teens or early twenties, movie called Two from the Road from the late sixties starrying Albert Finny and Audrey Hepburn and a score from this mix of the score from the film, Yeah, and my recollection of But it's a little bit hazy, but you know, from my understanding, it's it looks at the service like a bit of a rom colm a bit I'll be like, oh, look at these two good looking people to get together. But it also shows I wait a minute, they can really get on each other's nerves. Oh maybe it's not meant to be. You know, the good times going going hand in hand with the bad times. That's what a relationship said, that's what a marriage is, all that kind of stuff, And I get the feeling the well the SIMS is definitely trying to emulate that here. I mean, they do so with the with the soundtrack, I think certainly with the end shot all that kind of business. Because you look at the endhoine like, what's all this about it? I was like, I was so confused. Yeah, going about it in this fashion, they just sort of get it all wrong. There's one or two elements in this episode that I'm like, if you'd taken this bit out and use that as the seed from which this episode would sprout, possibly, but otherwise, no, You're right, it's completely it's very cynical, it's very even Barton means all of that stuff. So these are the elements that I despise about. You know, you're in for a shit episode when Barton Lisa are the same person. So Lisa is usually I felt Lisa.
Speaker 3: Has been not written all that well later, right, but Barton Lisa just are both the same shitty kid. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The whole sing songy bit was really really annoying. We recently did our episode of Speaking of the Hill where I've let me find.
Speaker 3: Out I remember Mono, I remember Mono. Same story.
Speaker 2: It's basically the same story in that if you're lucky enough to a fan love and sort of a love that's lasted a little bit a while you've got your story about how you met, it becomes like your script.
Speaker 3: You add things, you take things away, but you're on the same wavelength.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And you know when you meet new Bill, like, so how did you two meet? You instantly sort of go into that spill if somewhere along though it you along the line you realize, oh, wait a minute, oh it didn't quite happen like that, or you know, new bits get added to it when someone else reveals, oh, well, you know that night, I was actually on two dates, and you know, the first one didn't work out at all, but then I rendered to you, Oh it all worked out, like you didn't tell me went on a date with someone else beforehand or whatever. It takes the magic away from it, it does. Yeah, but so I remember Mono from from King of the Hill.
Speaker 3: Which is available on our Patreon right now or Sticking the Hill episode reviews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a very sweet episode. I mean I thought it would pretty well. I think we were worth on the same page. We quite enjoyed it. Yes, yeah, this episode does much the same thing and completely fucks it up.
Speaker 3: In that episode, right, Hank felt so guilty. Right, even Hank never really done anything all that wrong in that episode, he felt so guilty, and he spent the rest of the episode trying to win her love back here Home is just as angry at her, saying, oh, you know this is I've just got here right. Any episode that has either March or Home or both in the present day because they do it in the past, it was in the present day saying the words I wish I'd never met you. Forget it, forget it, yeah, just forget it, mate.
Speaker 2: But I think one of the great things about doing the shows that we do on the four finger disc in network is that it shows that there are only so many stories that can be told. Really, there's only like seven ways to build a house. But how you decorate the house or how you build extensions on the house is therein lies. The genius King of the Hill did it very very well. Simpsons did not do it very very well with it's just adding just cliche.
Speaker 3: Hank Isaria character cliche, trustpect Neil character, characters who they only name in passing. They don't introduces, it's just random people. So why was that going for for mart for Homer, you know, and why was all of a sudden he's just taking much give me a break. And the thing is right you mentioned earlier about that having the story right, Why would either of Homer or Marge think that that's a magical story to tell the kids twenty five it's twenty five years previously, five years from now, when they both knew that they're both almost embed with somebody else. Yeah, they're both they were both lying. This makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, taking the two from the Two of the Road sort of template and trying to map it onto the Simpsons the way they did here. I don't know. It was just all fucked up. But then yeah, because none of it made sense, and mostly none of it made sense logistically. It was just and I don't oha goes, I wish you were March. What do you mean? What do you mean? You were just saying you wish you'd ever met her. I don't know what is going on. Yeah, it's you just told Marge to fuck off because this person's more fun. You're doing limbo wheather.
Speaker 3: You're saying, oh, March, I don't need you anymore, and then all of a sudden he's like, oh you know what I need March, don't try No, no, no, no, no, no, no, and then he's saying, stupid march she does this, does that, and then he sees the carving in the tree.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got to save our marriage. What the are we doing here? He's so angry, he's knocking it on. I'm just I just watched this.
Speaker 3: I was I have not been this angry, I think at an episode since the one where Home I left Marge in the driver's seat. This was that was despicable. This just was all kinds of just ship riding ship jokes. What is Flanders now just a crazy psycho Christian.
Speaker 2: There's a don't even get me started on Flanders and this this was this was weird.
Speaker 3: This was just fucking ridiculous, And all Flanders is now is just stupid one liners like the elephants said to this or whatever, like everything has a ship.
Speaker 2: Crossing off my favorite bits under the elephant.
Speaker 3: Then what I'm trying to say, though the lines might be funny, right there, has funny equips, but every single thing he does.
Speaker 2: Now is just that wow is this this? Say about this?
Speaker 3: And then but then the whole We're gonna spend our wedding night trying to fuck up these other couple get the water pistol. Ready, we know Lock putting a bear trap outside the door. What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I've got no idea.
Speaker 3: What he finds it sexy that Maud's wearing her dead grandmother's pjs.
Speaker 2: What is happening? Yeah, I mean, what the hell is happening? The pj's thing is kind of funny in and of itself. I mean, the fact that it's like button up is the fact that it's her dead drammas. Okay, that's that's odd, that's uncalled for.
Speaker 3: I don't even understand how you write what how does that enter your mind and go that's a funny line.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: And what confuses me is this was written by am Maxtone Graham, who it looks like after So they wrote twenty four minutes, which I loved, almost my favorite episode of the season. Right, was that season eighteen? Maybe nineteen might have been last year, so I think twenty seven. It must have been nineteen, right, So you read it with Billy Kimball, right, and they won the Any Award for Best Writing, and then they go from that to this. This just felt like two guys looked up. They were both in their fifties when they wrote this. This felt like an episode that was written by two guys who had been made for twenty five years. They're going through like they It felt like these guys around happy in their marriage.
Speaker 2: And airing their dirty laundry in through this. Oh god, this was shit. I don't hate the idea of two seducers falling for each other. Like I forgot the names of the characters in the Alberto and Sylvia and Sylvia. I kind of liked the idea of those two clearly players falling from one another and finding Kindred's player. I don't know, but who is Sylvia? But the fact that they're the other person or you know, the the third not the third wheel, but yeah, the the random element that could break up the marriage that we know no one love in the span Yeah, the spanner in the works, that's right. I like the idea that they they met each other and like, oh, we're very very happy now. If I was writing this, if I was Ian Maxtone Graham, I would have home in margin the kids going to like, come on, kids, We're off to the lake where we spent our like our first honeymoon or our first our first holiday away as a couple, and it's when we're still getting to know each other. And oh, sometimes when you meet someone you everything's going great and then you just cover Oh, wait a minute, there's one thing that I don't like about them. Does this mean we're not meant to be together? And while they're at the lake that first time five years earlier or whatever, they meet Alberto and Sylvia.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the first time. That's what I supposed to visit. There's there's the twenty years prior, yeah, which is the timelines fucked up. So it's twenty years prior right where they were there with Flanders, and Flanders is trying to prevent them from falling in love, right, but from having sex. Then it's so all this shit with Alberto and Sylvia and all that is after they've had the kids, After they've had the kids.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm trying to rewrite. That is what made me the angriest.
Speaker 3: I went, wait a minute, all everything, all the foundations of this show of margin Homer's relationship. They've had Bart, they've had Lisa, and they're willing to throw it all away because they had an argument in the car.
Speaker 2: What on earth? Is this shit? Also? How was the room to pick up pick up bit in that car?
Speaker 3: No room forgetting This episode is just the fucking dirt worst.
Speaker 2: It was so shit. This is top five fucking worst things I've ever watched for The Simpsons. It sucked, man, it sucked well, and from another point of view, it just seemed to take forever as well. Like I thought, Oh, this is about to wrap up. Look at the there's got another seven or eight minutes ago. How much more story than it fit in here? This is garbage.
Speaker 3: It was just Homer and March having an argument again literally say noids, I never want I wish I'd never met you, and all of a sudden going actually, I'd change your one because we need to have an emotional ending.
Speaker 2: This was shit. This sucked, This was This was shit.
Speaker 3: And having said that, the one continuity issue, though, one continuity issue if you want to bring up cotton neuit issues, is that this had to be treated.
Speaker 2: As non canon.
Speaker 3: You know why because in episode Dan Eat Lisa's fair to word, one of my favorite episodes of all time and absolutely iconic episode right, which is where Maggie says Daddy for the first time. Right, The Simpsons moving next door to the Flanders, and the Fanners introduced themselves by saying, hey, neighbor, is great to have you in the neighborhood. And that's how they meet.
Speaker 2: So this episode is just shit shit, I tell you, it's shipped on multiple Can.
Speaker 3: We fuck off with the every flashback now has to go. Everyone already knew each other. Oh, the Flanners picked up the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Fuck off, fuck off with that in mind hands favorite moments, my favorite.
Speaker 3: There was a couple of funny lines. I didn't mind the two of breasts. No, we're going to a lake, We're they were driving with the Flanders's right and the kids. Stuff I thought was funny at first, and then I just cared, going, that's it.
Speaker 2: I like some of Flanders's quip says. I pointed out earlier that whole everything's a fucking quicker, everything's equipped. But yeah, most of them weren't funny. These two were all right. The whole toss. As the Elephants said to the eleven keeper, tosso is in my trunk? Not bad? And also it looked like you two were a couple runnings over. It's all right, it's not bad.
Speaker 3: I'm also someone's so said about this, so like someone so the fu off, Cathlin.
Speaker 2: Is just be a normal person again, what is going on? Patty and or s Elma saying just shouting insults at Homer from the backseat, was.
Speaker 3: Like, I just like, your neck looks like a sideways as I thought you might like that. This is a guy gaga.
Speaker 2: There are occasions when the back of my neck looks like that. But also yeah, I mean I remember watching some reality show with the With the Love of Louise and Young Felix, and there was some guy like that. We just spent the rest of like half hour just going we get to see the back of that guy's.
Speaker 3: Because what a lovely memory. It sounds like you and Louise, the foundation of your relationship is sitting back and judging other people. Absolutely, it sounds like your relationship.
Speaker 2: That's all right.
Speaker 3: I feel like she doesn't. She's actually friends of all these people. She just become became friends of them, so invited to these parties. You go to sit back and go chick at these fucking idiots. They think they're so high and mighty. Check it out, that guy's neck look like that, As.
Speaker 2: I said, my seed for this idea would have been, Yeah, Alberto and Sylvia being at the lake, both heads would have been turned that we've already had this episode in many ways anyway, but if we have to have it, to have it like that. So I'd like the idea that Alberta and Sylvia ended up together and doesn't seem quite happy. Good on them. And also, this was just a flashback to my youth because it doesn't really occur, it doesn't really exist anymore. But the Women We Love issue of Esquire was really a thing that it was an annual issue of Esquy magazine, which is a mega still read. So yeah, quote unquote men's maggots.
Speaker 3: Actually, I've just realized, so it doesn't make sense. Ruthie the daughter, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: How old was she? Oh gosh, I don't know. Yeah, what you because she didn't look that young? Right you? Five? Did she know she looked older than that? Well, she looks sort of bart Lisa age.
Speaker 3: Which didn't she but then he met five years prior another reason I hate this episode, and which means she couldn't ever had a kid for at least another nine months to say a year, which means she's at most four.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's precocious. Yeah, away, I want to give a shout out to the Women we Love episode. Yeah. Even for a while there was quite objective objectifying. What was the women we Love is? It was kind of like, check out, That'scyle Johansson or something like that. So what are we talking about? The Women we Love issue with Esquire? I already mentioned it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, now okay, Now because he says something, I was like, wait a minute, I trade it from it.
Speaker 2: You continue, Yes, it actually then started going. The way that it's presented in this issue was like women have actually accomplished stuff. I guess we love them too, but they don't even have that anymore.
Speaker 3: Now it's just pictures of belts, esquid. I've never read an Esquire in my life. I just say, Bill Esquire, Bill s pres.
Speaker 2: It's good mag Well it used to be a good meg. Actually no, it's it's still quite good. It does mag mag magazine.
Speaker 3: I know I'm being it's a joke because magazines don't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought you were. I was so angry. Then you're making fun of my old time, My old time. He's slaying what is this demonry?
Speaker 1: Next? Question.
Speaker 2: You there eating the paste, all right? Trivia time, Trevia time.
Speaker 3: My first question for you is how long did Alberto apparently not talk That's actually I didn't mind that gag as well. How long did he not talk to Marge between saying I take you for a ride or should I say glide? And then it was like I'm glad, I'm just glad you' speaking again because I didn't say anything between that moment.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I might have been getting a drink of water when that happened. Did you what you walked away from the screen. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably halfway through the episodes, You're just like, I don't know where we're up to. Forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Forty five minutes. Okay, speaking of Alberto in Marge, the dress that he presents for it has what kind of hem ah?
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna write all that stuff, and I went, this episode doesn't deserve this much detail.
Speaker 2: What was it? It's a wolverine.
Speaker 3: Wolverine this I knew it was something Marvel character of some kind. Unless she's wearing pumps as well. What is Ned and Maud's code names?
Speaker 2: Okay, he is mustache see mostage one. Yep, she is Red Dog a dog? Yeah? That was one of my questions to you, Red Dog. The relationship is so weird. This episode was just weird, right record. One of the biggest stricken from the record is one of like notes that I've written here Forbatim. What's it there with these Flanders? Why are you letting Flanders call the shots? Dude? What's the deal with this episode? This episode has a bad attitude. Yeah, but mainly the Flanders stuff. I mean that whole kind of what you just gotta arrived from these people, and now you're letting them sort of dictate your level of affection. What's your partner? It doesn't make any sense. Yeah, I mean, maybe tell this guy to fuck off. Yeah, everybody just get out of the car. Yeah, maybe just go somewhere else, which they do. Then things get worse. Don'nlike dangerous curves? Terrible episode? Do I have one more question for you? According to there are many love messages carved onto the tree? What does disco stew love?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I didn't notice disco, that's notice Flanders And.
Speaker 2: No, what is it disco? Disco? Still on disco? Who loves disco? Not bad?
Speaker 3: I find a question for you is how much does Lisa take in advance? Ten ten dollars is correct?
Speaker 2: One more question if you want to go for it. Okay, then in the file that Patty and Selma are keeping on Homer, can you name uh three of the category there are four? It's it was you tools there, but they're all use it was up to's uncle Colin common monkeys, unclean and ugly.
Speaker 3: As ugly, as ugly as bro exactly as where we used to say like it's full as exactly as cheap as cheap az.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gone. Go the way of the word mag She used to be my playground.
Speaker 3: If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your palas Guy and Dano for as little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com, slash fourth finger discount. It is time for Patreon shout out storry to do it this week, or you do it, don't do it again. When did I do it for last? I think that was this two times south Park? Maybe good mind.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's kind of run. I'm going to say, I guess I'll send you a list. Well, okay, get your phones out, but I'll turn a lot of talk around. This time.
Speaker 3: I'll say I will send you a list that where you just have it ready on your phone next time.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea, go for it. I don't have to scroll down. Shout outs to our stonecutters. First of all, we have to, of course give one thousand dollars worth of props to our one hundred dollars patron Katy G. And then of course half as much of a shout out.
Speaker 3: To man Andrew, which is pretty loud when whatever guy says kddy G puts both hands out Andrew and he gets one arm out and.
Speaker 2: It's sort of in a Nazi salute. So I'm sorry about that, Andrew. Also our pots and pans, Master Zach Prut, and Andrew Swan, Swanny, Mick Swan, and now just a list of names that I just love to read in a very rhythmic fashion. A La Dando, Paul Warner, Isabella Murphy, Jonathan Rossi, Rag Bees, Lee, Stephen Roberts, Sean DV, Peter Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood, Shannon Hofer, Bella winder Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, be Adrick McLeod Lewis Kavanaugh, Mark Trileven. One of these days we'll get it right. You got a right hooray for me, Reyese Roberts, and hooray for Reece Roberts, Ginger and Pickle, Preston Murray, Taliah Enriquez, Jake Muscadel, you get them all right? Well, I'm looking at did they get it? Rid Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellier, Logan Bee. J Oh wait a minute, ah, what I've gone on to discord? Where is it? Discord? How do you get a discord? I pressed the wrong button?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know how to say. How you even did that?
Speaker 2: There's no shortcut the discord. How did you even do that? I don't know?
Speaker 3: Andrew Swanny mcswe Oh god, I'm actually confused. Don't know how you did that. There's no shortcut the discord on this computer. What the fuck? Just call me Steve Jobs Jesus. Okay, there you go. Let's join the discord by the way, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of fun. You can join it if you can.
Speaker 3: There is a way to joy for free. But you when you get access toward the fun chats, you're gonna be a support of ouse on Patreon. Use that mouse.
Speaker 2: I'm using the button. I don't just don't use the track pad. I'm not using Uh, Jack macfound appill be. Are you afraid of mouses? I'm not afraid of mouse. Yeah, mouses? What am I doing? Not a word? Get through these? Josh Helly, a Logan Bee, James Sheppard, Joe Ridden, Sect, David Pretzel's met now like Gavin Lang, Damian Miller and Charlie Joe. There's too many names here. That's for the end of the month. You do this every time, okay, the people, if you are support of ours, five dollars plus you get your name right out at the end of the month. I really want to read them out.
Speaker 3: You're out on the on the podcast every single week. You just gonna be a stonecutter. Supporters of ours on four for discount.
Speaker 2: I hope you enjoyed me reading him out as poster. Dando comment in the comment section if you'd think who read it better? I will ever read them. Don't worry, Dando will tell me something happened.
Speaker 3: So the original air of Dangerous Curves was November ninth, two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: A day that will live in infamy. M the day the music died.
Speaker 3: Kab F one eight is the production code written by as we said, Billy Kimball and Ian Maxto and Graham, directed by Matthew Fahn. Now what I did like was Maurice slamash again guest stars, Miss Maurice appearing so much more than I realized. Correct, here's the voice of all the various serial characters, and he's actually the voice of too Cansam in real life. Wow, wherever they've got in two Cansam, They're like, can you do any of the others?
Speaker 2: What is milk? Maurice for always worth? And then we'll kill them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Chopboard gag is I did not see teacher siphoning gas and the couch gag is the family is a of wooden figures that come out of a set of cuckoo clock cuckoo clocks.
Speaker 2: Don't really see cuckoo clocks anymore?
Speaker 3: Do you really see clocks anymore? Everyone's got what's the time?
Speaker 2: Who like you?
Speaker 3: But anyone who's under the age of thirty? What's the time you get your phone out? And even I'm coming into.
Speaker 2: The twenty first century with a smart watch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but even still telling you under thirty they can be wearing a smart watch. You say, what's the time they pull their phone out?
Speaker 2: Kids? These days?
Speaker 3: And the excuse the pull we how often do you think I've done this before myself? Before you had to watch whatever? You always wear a watch, But I pulled my phone out to check the time and then do a bunch of other shit, but don't actually check the time. Ah yeah, It's like you get the phone in hand and go, oh, okay, we've got to do something. Oh better check X. One thing I did better move over to Blue Skirt when we were away with the kids was I turned my phone off from like three o'clock onwards and it was just three.
Speaker 2: To off or on silent off. Wow, I just want to pretty ballsing.
Speaker 3: I thought, if someone's get in contact with it, No, Nicholas here, and it blew me away.
Speaker 2: How often I was going to reach for my pocket.
Speaker 3: Without even well, I wasn't been thinking in my head, oh okay, we're going to check Facebook.
Speaker 2: It was just I just reached for my pocket all the time, and I'm going, oh, yeah, even you have alone, I went, what do you reaching for your fame for? You're at the movies? Be present? Yeah, be present? And it was just great just being in the moment. Yeah, you're a human being in the year twenty twenty four. I am, indeed. But the episode kicks off. It is the fourth of July weekend. They're all stuck in the traffic and Billa Mahdi on the radio going through the top five hundred wacky sound effects.
Speaker 3: They played variousund effects I've already discussed. Bart has chewing gum in his ears to block out the sound and pulls it out and pulls out like bones with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that was. Was that like part of his brain or something. It just seems so I wasn't weird and off putting.
Speaker 3: It wasn't brain because the pink was a chewing gum, but his ear.
Speaker 2: Drums or something, I don't know. I hated, why are we doing like this? This is a dreadful way to start the episode and just set it off on the wrong tone. I did not like it.
Speaker 3: You knew from the very minute, first minute of this episode, I knew this is gonna be shit. You can just tell, you can just tell when it's gonna be Oh, it's one of those versions of it's what again, it's fifty year olds, right, and nothing als fifty year olds, mister Davis. But seriously, this felt like a show that was written an episode that was written by someone who didn't. These guys wrote some episodes during well Emas and Graham wrote episodes during the Golden Era towards the end of the Golden Era, but this Billy Kimber guy didn't. But still he wrote twenty four minutes, maybe because he had the license of twenty four to sort of work from, but trying to write an original story here fucking suck. And like this kind of joke with the pulling the bones out of his ear. It's what I always go on about, how they make mister Burns this ridiculous, unrealistic character. Now where things can blow up inside him and he's internal organs he pulled out and put back inside of him.
Speaker 2: It's just it's so stupid. It's just it's just that shit for riching and scratching. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So Marginal suggests they pick up the hitchhikers, which felt feels like the most unmarginal thing ever.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Homer is the an impulsive one.
Speaker 3: Marg Like I said from the very first minute, you go, this is written by someone who doesn't understand the characters or it doesn't care.
Speaker 2: As you've said about about how is she is, like, they're not riding specifically for characters anmore, they're riding jokes and slotting in exactly.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what this episode was. It was all these zingers that were just applied to whoever was in the scene at.
Speaker 2: The moment quote unquote singers.
Speaker 3: Yes, so then we get the whole you said they were drug crazed thrill seekers. No, they're thrill crazed drug seekers whatever. And it turns out to be the Squeaky Voice teen and his new girlfriend Beatrice. Right, you know, it's nice see Squeaky Voice team actually has a girlfriend now, and who's well, bat my Beobb's average with Beatrice you. Marge then says that you know that was once them. They're switching in the back seat.
Speaker 2: Bubbah blah.
Speaker 3: Harmers has knock it off, and it gets cut to twenty years earlier, and it's margin Homer riding their bikes, and like I said, I normally really enjoyed the flashback episodes, and he suggests this new thing called biking out. March's bit hesitant about it. They make March very gullible in these modern day flashback ones.
Speaker 2: It's about to say you had that home, he had that coming home again, dumba. How old? How old are they here? It was like, oh, I'm not too sure about biking out, you fucking teenagers, Well that's your yeah, the twenties. I'm assuming by this point, twenty years prior. I think we're going to be going to muddy. This is going to be like that line that I always say from Luper. It's like, let's not try to explain time travel here, because we're just gonna end up making diagrounds out of straws and making each other mad. Yeah, no, forget about it. It's just okay, Well, now we're back in time. Now we don't try to talk about continue or anything like that. They fucked it up. We shouldn't be paying any attention, so let's just run through it.
Speaker 3: He crashes in the mud, and the Flanders then pick them up.
Speaker 5: Hey names dad Flanders. As the elephant said to the peanut vendor passos in my trunk.
Speaker 2: March, I loved this guy. But are there muddy buddy?
Speaker 1: He rhymes, O happy day.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is all just so they can have the joke of Homer actually liked Flanders at one point in time. He says, you know, and he rhymes, oh, happy days, and then he's surprised it bicycling the driving with the Flanders. Now, yes, and Flanner's is a surprised our bicycling to her breast considering they're unmarried. They're not married. And again here there's one thing. More says something. She goes, I think I like this, whatever he is. I think I'd like to finish my sentence first. And I thought, oh, yeah, it's like that's why I wrote what's to deal with these Flanders?
Speaker 2: Yes? So yeah, why does he have I don't know, man, this was written by this It's so confusing because em Max dain Graham wrote the Larry Burns episode. Yeah right, he wrote like Trash of the Titans, so later Golden Nearer episodes, but ones that I really enjoy what is going on here, Yeah, because I mean, for all Flanders's faults, and I mean we've seen that he can have volcanic rage that does come.
Speaker 3: Up occasionally, but he tries to suppress it most of the time.
Speaker 2: That's why when it comes up, he usually comes up for a very good reason. Yes, it's like, hey, Ned, we built you a house that you know, yeah, but you did a shit job of it, and you're expecting me to pat you on the back fo you know. And also a lot of bad shit has happened to me before then.
Speaker 3: And his question is face he dedicated his life to God and he's the only house.
Speaker 2: Where this is kind of like, oh, the Flanders are as miserable in their marriage as everyone else. Yeah, it's like, first of all, I don't think everyone else is miserable in marriage. Maybe you are, Ian Max Darone Graham. Sorry, So that's what I felt like. They didn't We're not you know, we're not casting any aspersions or that's just what you're right, across. Yeah, yeah, So don't throw the Flanders into that. They've got their faults. Absolutely, they can be self righteous and sort of. Yeah, I think it's goody goody to a fault is the thing.
Speaker 3: But it's even unhappy that they got married that day, So I.
Speaker 2: Don't know it. So, like I said, what's the deal with these Flanders?
Speaker 3: So they're saying that this is their honeymoon, and Homer says, oh, well, they're clearly not happy. Will you not marry me, Marge? I will happily not marry you whatever whatever. Yeah, you casts to the present time. Home is now angry at the squeaky voice Teaen and Beach just kissing. He says, you no, knock it off, and it's a similar flashback. We'll get through the episode. It tells, but to look away, don't look at what's going and make sure you just keep focusing on your game boy. It's two thousand and eight, guys, what to make game boys for? Would you ever switch Bay?
Speaker 2: Then? I don't know. I'd never game Boy was what I have when I was a kid, and I grew up in the nineties, right, a game Boy in the nineties.
Speaker 3: But you know what it is this is apologies fifty year old man writing, what are the kids playing these days?
Speaker 2: Game boys? Well, surely you've got a younger person on staff. I mean I don't think they do. That's the problem. But they would now but they didn't, then would you'd be thinking that, I say, a show like a product like the Simpsons would surely have and you will surely be able to afford like at least one person on the staff who's like, update this reference.
Speaker 3: No, you know why, because they would be the ones constantly saying but that doesn't make sense because of this Because they grew up watching the Simpsons. They didn't want people questioning. Just fucking enjoy it.
Speaker 2: That's that's it. But I'll just have someone if slash when I haven't get my production coming up and running and I'm making movies and TV shows, yeah, I would have a young person designated young person on staff just to say, yeah, your name dropping so and so when I your name dropping Britney Spears when you really want to say Charlie x X. By the time this epizidse comes out, I'm telling you you may hear Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you there are twelve twelve year olds out there right top fifteenyear olds probably never who Britney spears is oh, yeah, that's one, but that's legit.
Speaker 2: Though that's not that's not of an a joke. I would say, Oh, I need to write a joke about the pop dos Britney spears, At which point someone says, no, chapel rung. Guy writes an episode Homer checks has watched guy, It doesn't check the wh Yes, but Whomer is actually a member of the older generation, so he would therefore have you're favored.
Speaker 3: But then it's following up with this line of and because he kills all the serial mascots video games, the reason this generation is the best ever?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 2: What does that ever mean?
Speaker 3: Is this just some old guy, some old guys saying it's meant to be a joke saying they're actually the worst ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then the way it's delivered is not plays on video games. It's two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: By that point we had moved on from udo games that the reason society is fucked, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: There were there were more specific reasons why people buy white Society is fucked.
Speaker 3: And then they drive past the suv superstore, which is now going out of business. But we capt to the pass and it's the grand opening. Paddy and Somemer. Where were they driving Patty and Summer too? I missed that in the back seat and they were just giving them a ship.
Speaker 2: And then they just threw them out.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, so they are annoyed at Homo for good reason because he pissed into the pool from the diving board. Oh yeah, and this Homer is the Homer who's only five years prior, so, like he's got kids and he's pissing in the pool from the diving board. He's thirty four years old.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't get it. This may be the worst episode of a thing of the Simpsons so far. And you know what, I don't want to get it.
Speaker 3: I was angry at that last one with the car, but this one is just this one's a slap in the face.
Speaker 2: The face. Well, this is a bad combination of it's got a bad attitude, but it's also got sloppy all over the place storytelling. It's bad on an emotional level and it's bout on a logistical level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is the worst episode we've reviewed on the show so far, it really is. It's fucking terrible. You heard it here first faction. Yeah, it's really disappointing. So he throws Patty and somewhere out because they're berating him, and then Marge says, you should have done it because they have the map.
Speaker 2: Oh my, that was rude and short sighted. Pity.
Speaker 1: I have this situation under control. The compass needle is pointing.
Speaker 5: That's the FR gauge.
Speaker 1: How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: You haven't such a sorry?
Speaker 1: You know, I was hoping a number. It might be zero.
Speaker 2: I think the running out of petrol is taken from two from the Road too, for the Road as well. I think there are bits and pieces lifted from Two for the Road all throughout this What a random fucking episode of the movie. Well, that's the thing. It's it's the reason I know about it way for these characters. No, No, the reason I know about the movie it's in a book called cult Movies. It's not necessarily one that's really well known. I mean it's not like even from from the period. It's kind of like, oh yeah, this is kind of an oddity or a little it went under a bit under the radar.
Speaker 3: The problem is it doesn't feel obscure enough because we talked about it when they did the Sopranos thing that time, right when we go, oh, so how much just smothering grandpa in the car?
Speaker 2: What the hell's going on here? Oh?
Speaker 3: We find it like, oh it was the Sopranos reference. They didn't make that clear enough. Right here, it just feels like this is just a mean spirited story. It doesn't make you go, oh this this, this is oh, this is different, this this, this, this is obviously referencing something. You don't get that vibe watching this. You just think, oh, these writers don't know how to write.
Speaker 2: The characters, or they're just throwing in weird, mean ship for the sake of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they arrive at this party for rich people. I guess it is all the famous people were there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's I'm so well, Rainy Wolf, Cas Wilfcastle, Carusty, Krusty was there.
Speaker 2: I didn't say Krusty.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I saw him there. But they arrive at this party and the guy at Alberto we find his name is later on, invites the men, says there's so much fun stuff to do, and Homas says it's not state he for long mow because you know, I don't want you to having a good time is not.
Speaker 2: Something that we do.
Speaker 3: Something along those lines, and then he complains that Marge's boring later, despite the fact that he was the one I didn't want to go into the party. So then he's walking around with two drinks for me.
Speaker 1: Oh good, two of your own.
Speaker 2: You're a funny one that's strong.
Speaker 4: Are you trying to get me drunk?
Speaker 1: No, I'm trying to get meat drunk.
Speaker 2: You know my horoscope said I need the man of my dreams tonight.
Speaker 1: Well, Horoscope would never lie to a pretty girl like you.
Speaker 2: You are adorable. Are you alone?
Speaker 1: I'm talking to you at this great party?
Speaker 2: Well, then would you like to limbo?
Speaker 1: You mean to dance or the place where on baptized baby skull? Either way, I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why are you flirting with? What's going on here? Yeah, you're not drunk yet, I'm start You've got two kids at home?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 3: He's got two kids at home? He just starts flirting with this girl.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm looking at the plot of two for the road plot. I'm gonna see if there's any sort of no. I don't think there's no. No.
Speaker 3: Is it joke just because the film is called two for the Roads. Who he's got taken two drinks for the road? Is that it's meant to be.
Speaker 2: No, they're just on the road a lot in them. But what I'm saying in this episode maybe if this is a ship joke, nah, forget it. I'm not. I'm not even gonna try.
Speaker 3: But basically, she then asks Homer to go, limbo is like the game or the place where I'm baptized babies?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 3: I thought you guys are just not on today. Did I hear that line?
Speaker 2: I missed that one. That's terrible, some of them ship man.
Speaker 3: Then Marge catches him doing the limbo with the with the girl, and for good, you know what I mean, Like he's not just like he's getting in closer. They're looking all like lovingly in her eyes. But then he says, you know what's good about her? She doesn't get jalous when I talk to other women. You've got two kids at home, get married to Marge. Let's just get through this, she margins at falling in the pool. She gets out and she sees Sylvia and Homer having a sushi fight. They start forming a sushi fighting. Then she says, I wish I'd never met you. And that's the end of the first act. And I went, that is the worst opening act two ways since this episode I have ever watched.
Speaker 2: He's not happy, folks, I'm not happy.
Speaker 3: We come back and they've dropping the squeaky voice teen off at tongue kiss point and again we just have to have a bit of narcissistic line here. She's going to take you for a lot of money, and she sort of looks like way and I'm thinking, first of all, it's a squeaky voice team, he's a teenager.
Speaker 2: What does he go? Do you know who this character is? Ian Maxton and Graham, because up until this point he's been the loser that works at the fast food restaurants. What's she gonna take him for? Ranny Wolfcastle, that's the joke, all the grease on his face? What the hell?
Speaker 3: They arrive at Cozy Cabins. Again this line with bart Well, who am I David Crockett? By the way, who's David Crockett? That joke makes it doesn't make sense. It's stupid.
Speaker 2: It's the kind of line you would give Chandler bing, Yes, that's the Yeah. I don't think it's a bad line, and it would only work because Matthew Perry is delivering it. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: Having again, this is as you were mentioning earlier, classic example of I've written a joke, who can say it?
Speaker 2: I would just give it the Bart. Yeah, why the hell would Bart say this line? I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Marge brings up the pedal car, Hey, this might be fun, something different, and they say that's worse than I don't know. Basically, they complain, But and Lisa both complains it's the worst thing ever.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: Hope then promises to put one hundred dollars into their college fund. Lisa wants to take ten dollars now, and he says, I'll steal it back of Waltz.
Speaker 2: You're sleeping. So everyone's just mean to each other.
Speaker 3: Everyone's just shit, no one, everyone's horrible. No one likes each other, no one wants to be around each other, even the Flanders. Everyone in this episode is horrible to each.
Speaker 2: Other, everybody in various ways. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The kids then go because the're getting one hundred dollars because they won't try and have fun. Let's to getting paid for it. And we have a transition now to earlier.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Homer, I'm afraid it's separate accommodations for you. Natly words what I have urges. It's just your trouser devil talking.
Speaker 1: He's talking, he's yelling.
Speaker 2: And as you were saying earlier, why were they listening to this guy? Why? Yeah, why are they even staying there? What's happening? Where were they going? It's they're riding their bikes. Yeah, where were they going? I don't know, but it's like why what what happened that their dad bikes break? How hard is it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Oh I felt like, oh my wallet has fallen off this cliff or something. No, we got no money and no where to get home. Why are they staying at this time? We're reliant on the kindness of the Flanders. But there are which are people's just met but said he set up a bed chap outside of my door? Should be I mean, you really have to do a lot of reverse engineering to go. Okay, they've lost their money, they've got nowhere to stay. They're reliant on the kindness of these two people that they've just meant, who seem really nice, but are rules so like imposing rules on them, Like, well, you know, if we don't sort of played by their rules, we're going to be out on the street. So I guess we're gonna have to put up with this. But it's like, it doesn't seem that way. I mean, I think there could have been a way to make it seem like, oh wow, it kind of sucks that they're imposing these things on it, but we we have to do it. We have to put up with it at the time being at least, But we're sort of looking at each other, what's going on here? What? It doesn't seem that way. They don't do anything, No, it's just this is happening. What's your catchphrase? It's just a bunch of stuff that happens. So then we have one of my many catch rocks.
Speaker 3: So up until this point, we've had Flanders and Maud, Flanners in particular more so berating Homer and Marge but wanting to have sex before marriage. Right, so now's their wedding night. Is this apparently the first time.
Speaker 2: That Flanners and Moretar getting it on would have seen that way. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: You know why, because she puts on the dead grandma's pjs and he goes, well, you know that always gets me.
Speaker 2: Going, Yeah, how else you seeing them before? If he's that devout, shouldn't be anywhere near their droom or pajamas.
Speaker 3: So they've fucked in the past, have they? And this the first time shouldn't So more's never had sex before. What's going on?
Speaker 2: I don't want to think about this. This episode sucks. Sucks, it sucks. It sucks. The dead grammar.
Speaker 3: I didn't mind doing the button up, but the more you think about it goes, this doesn't make sense to their wedding night.
Speaker 2: Why do you have to make this their wedding night? Well yeah, I mean I don't have to be their wedding night. You don't have the line of that dead grandma's pajamas, just you know, have a little grandma's pajamas. Have a bit of let's analyze this. No, let's not just have a bit of just have that scene with a bit of chow chick a battle wow. But then she comes down and does it strikes a seductive pose in the doorway, as we have seen on many A sitcomers like oh theyse do about it again, except she's wearing head to toe flannel pajamas. It's not an A plus game, but it's a solid bee. Yeah, why does it have to be the dead grandma's pjs? Did grandma's pjays? Takes it there?
Speaker 1: Or c minors?
Speaker 2: So sus fucked up? So her dead? Her grandma was just rocking the more body was she the pjs? Fido don't anyway? Then we cut. It was all for it. It was all for this fucking out of this world zo, mister Davis.
Speaker 1: I never should they'd say this, but stupid Flanders.
Speaker 3: If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount Family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcast, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities.
Speaker 2: And so much more.
Speaker 3: So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dano for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash fourth Finger discount. Anyway, Patty and Summer recalling Marge.
Speaker 2: I think we need to throw a little fault Billy Kimball.
Speaker 3: Billy Kimble is a way, yeah, yeah, yeah. So Patty and Selma they call Marge. They say, Homa's in that limbo. We could say yes of up to something and good for nothing, but I think Margin mentions here something. It's okay, we're safe, We're being looked after by this nice Christian family at the cabin that It's like, are you not being had hostage in separate rooms? It's just ridiculous. So it cuts to Homer and the woman laughing together in the pool, I believe. So we now dropped forward fifteen years. So it's like the timelines were confusing. But yeah, okay, so now they're so Margin Homer of now this is before they had kids. They've now had kids, butt or Bart and Lisa. They're having a weekend away at the cabin in which they met for the No, no, some of them met for the first time.
Speaker 2: I don't know. No, that was my ultimate version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's where Flanders took them. So while they went back to why, they went back to this place, I don't know. Homer and the women are laughing in the pool. Then Alberto finds Marge crying in the change rooms, and he then gives her an outfit that he envisioned on her at the moment she stepped through the door. I guess the elaborate of the dress and the whole outfit is meant to be the joke.
Speaker 2: I still didn't laugh.
Speaker 3: No, but he takes it for a ride, but it changes a glide, and then she's just happy that you're talking again. The sun is setting, and Sylvia here gives Homer a pineapple and pepperoni pizza, says this, They just keeps getting better and better, so he's just giving up a much. This was the same reason I despised Marge's character in that ninety show, where it was like, wait, Homa's working two jobs for you, and he's throwing it away because you're falling for your electra, right, you're just throwing it all away. Here, It's just like they're both doing the same thing. Homer's just throwing away his twenty year marriage or fifteen he made to this point, who's got two kids of this woman who does everything for him. He's just throwing it away because this girl's got pizza. They land the glider at the budget motel, which is the Cozy Cabins, and Alberto says, first we're going to make love. Then we'll decide if it's a good idea. That's the European way. Just because you're having Marge occasionally say well, I don't think this is a good idea doesn't make it up for the fuck she still.
Speaker 2: Would have gone through with it. Yeah. Look, there have been many, many episodes of The Simpsons up until this point that have had oh, my attention has been attracted by some Yeah, someone else has caught my eye. But I love my spouse. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I've got responsibilities and all that kind of stuff. But still is the grass green On the other side. You know, this Jack guy seems pretty nice. He's talking about brunch or what or you know, oh lew Lane seems pretty sweet, all that kind of business. But you never got the feeling. It's like, oh, I can relate to this, because you know, everyone in every relationship is kind of gone. I wonder what would be like with something else, even if you are madly in love and madly devote to your person. Sometimes you're gonna think you have that sliding doors mom, but you inevitably, if you're a right minded person, really to the backst of the car with the woman for ten minutes. She got to see it work.
Speaker 3: One of the best. That's an all time of an ending. When she rocks up to the Homer at work and he thinks that Marge's left him for this shack guy and she hasn't.
Speaker 2: Makes you cry, yeah, absolutely, But this just makes you furious. This just makes you like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Jacques planted seeds told a bowling home, but it was it was set up with Homer doing the bowling ball, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: This feels like they've got superficial problems and these are superficial solutions. You know, there's no there's no stakes either way. They seemed fine. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're arguing in the car, weren't they, Because so Paddy and someone were in the car with them, and he threw Patty and someone out, So I don't want to go over now. So Homer and Sylvia arrive at the hotel as well, so because why not convenience wise of the story, and.
Speaker 2: She and is what Homa says? I want you to be margin and I thought, don't try and we don't try this shit. The writing has been terrible up to this point.
Speaker 3: You can just all of a sudden have him go oh what march No, no, no you Literally the last time we saw Homer, he was saying this stay couldn't get any better because of the final bles.
Speaker 2: No not happening.
Speaker 1: What are you doing here? The same thing going here? You better not be I mean great. We both care to rekindle our precious memories of when we were young and in love. Right we sure did we kindle?
Speaker 2: We kindle? Okay, let's come.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have a better ide yet, let's spend a nature Is it right here?
Speaker 2: But I don't want to sleep in the same one with that chest.
Speaker 1: I feel the same way about that lamp.
Speaker 3: You see Sylvia looking for him outside the door, so he pulls in the blinds. Then Alberto's hiding in the chest. He drags the chest outside, throws silvia in there as well, puts a cement block on top, and that's how they meet. Yeah, looks for his flasks. Don't stop twistings. She's obviously grabbing his penis question here. Grandpa then interrupts horm romage here with the kids and I sweet over them or falling asleep. However, how did Grandpa know where they were?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That has been to unravel this episode, man, I mean, I know that's why we're here. But at the same time, that's that's another logic hole right, oh very much so they were taking they didn't know that. We're going to know that. No, so how to Grandpa just walking ba them.
Speaker 1: Let's spend the rest of the note making sweet sweet Kude, I'm true baby, Sydney monste good night.
Speaker 2: We won He's just sleep you will stay up forever.
Speaker 3: Homer suggests they go for a lake side snuggle. That's a real time in. Homer suggestsing, we go for a lake side boggle, and then he even holds up the game just in case you don't know what boggle is now emails Own Graham and Billy Kimball Right righters of this episode have written a gag here with have gone kids at home? I don't know what boggle is. If that's the case, don't write it or leave the joke in, and they could be a joke for the adults don't.
Speaker 2: Then go Just in case you don't know what bugle is. Homads pulls out.
Speaker 3: A game of boggle, like it's the explaining the jokes that you've always mentioned that I don't like terrible, but march is before we do it? There we should we should unpack everything. Everything unravels and falls on Homery gets trapped. Why have I got all that ship in saying that though packed for a one night? And I said, at one point into Nikola. So she we get to the car and she races back to wait a minute, and she goes back and she spoils another dress. I was like, Nicola, we are going for one day. I'll tell you this is the girl, the woman who packed like over a kilo of undies.
Speaker 2: And ship when we went to England. I was like, how did Why are you taking a pair of hondeyes for two weeks? We're going for three weeks. Pack five pairs, five pairs Monday, Tuesday, wednes Thursday, Friday. You wash them throughout the week. You're done. You don't need fifteen pairs of undies. I like the idea of having many pairs of bundies, not.
Speaker 3: A quillo's worth. Maybe Undy Saints overs. All right, are you an over undergo the Delhi nine hundred?
Speaker 2: Look, you'll take under. I always prefer over.
Speaker 3: Well, if I see they're struggling, I'm fine. If I see that it, don't give a fuck about the Joel. I'm gonna make you earn this. I asked for five hundred grams, You're going to give me five hundred grams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really tough one. It's not really that tough, but yeah, I'm wondering what my over under is if I'm ordering a give me a kilo of whatever? Oh like minced chicken, Okay, something like that, chicken, minch What do you cook mins chicken? What do you cook with mince chicken? Actually really nice, sort of Asian ey dish, mince chicken with glass noodles, tomato, tomato and lettuce, and you put a bit of a garlic ginger soy sauce. Chili changes. Soon we start talking about food much more positive. You put all that in the in your fry pan, cook it up nicely.
Speaker 3: But if listeners at home, we haven't got the cameras on at the moment, Guy acts the frying up and it adds to the.
Speaker 2: Vision we're watching with the Jamie Oliver recently. Yes, you would like that guy. Stick stick to cooking, Jamie, don't writ books, move on, continue, Yes, you cooking it up? Finding it up? Oh that's chicken. If I want a kilo, I'm wondering if I think not. Yeah, if it was under nine hundred, if they gave me nine hundred grams, I'm like, say nine what if the recipe said a killer set me five? All right, I'm like no, I know, no, no, bit more? And then they then you get nine to thirty. Then you get a kill on thirty like, oh yeah, okay, sure. If they put it in a bit more is like, that's nine forty five, I'm like, fie mate, I'll take it, I'll take it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You should never feel bad about the daily because if you work in the Dali I wasn't there for five six years, it becomes instinct to get someone's I want five hundred grams of ham.
Speaker 2: You know how much gund it's pretty You can get a pretty good grass. You what your muscle memory for? Yeah? Yeah, And if you're sucking up twice, then what are you doing? Well? You're back to second hurl. Where's pale faced guy. You know what to do? Where's the pale guy, He'll know what to do. Pale guy? What a hero? Pale guy.
Speaker 3: Pale face, pale guy not as his face, he's over pale. I saw him yesterday. I was like, you're just you're very comforting. Oh yeah, the right hand in.
Speaker 2: An uncertain world. It's good to have a constant. Him and that weird mask kid who wed maskid. Well, he's always wearing he's still wearing that. Oh yes, and he's he looks like the odd Yeah, we've mentioned him before. Probably a very sweet kid. Yeah. People, skills are lacking.
Speaker 3: Lacking, non existence. He looks at you as if to say, why are you here? Why just put your your shopping on the on this? This what you called conveyor? You would bag it?
Speaker 2: Where am I do I have toudge it? How are you?
Speaker 3: I guess guy yesterday he talked, how are you today? Well, this guy yesterday, he's only like sixty cities in year ten. He talked my ear off, not wally get a young guy. All they want to do is just I hate it. He was like, how's your weekend? I was like, oh good, I guess did you get.
Speaker 2: Up too much.
Speaker 3: I'm like, he really want to know. I was like, okay, well took the kids and see home alone. And he goes, oh, yeah, I went to one of those. I went to or to see the Lion King and I was like, this kid's gonna end up running the shade. And I was like, I was like, okay, cool, and then I'm talking and then he goes, yeah, have my exams last week and he was like what yeah, year town. I'm like, mate, don't worry about it. I was like, if I can give you one bit of advice, you're eleven next year. Don't let them make you think that it's important. None of that shit goes towards end of score just he goes yeah, if you people have told me that. He goes, yeah, I'm gonna take that approach, you guy. I'm gonna try, but I won't stressed when I get a good score. I'm like, this guy's got the right idea.
Speaker 2: This kid sounds great. Yeah, where was this the strand or worse? I was like, and he was just like the lot.
Speaker 3: He goes, I'm bit happy today because my team, the Grizzlies and the NBA they beat the Sellings.
Speaker 2: On Saturdays, mind you. He goes, oh, sorry about that, and I'm just like, this guy's not my best friend. Now, Okay, we're trying to make this a regular segment, so let's just cut to the chase. What a lord, Yeah, what a lord. I should have got his name. That kid from the Strand year ten at the Strand warwors you ten to cashier at the Wooly Strand. This is my Strand story from the weekend. Okay, we'll do anything to divert away from dangerous curves. Are you aware of politician Richard Marles, thee long guy. He may for Geelong.
Speaker 3: You always see him out the front. I vote at north Shore Primary Schools where I went to school. It's just I have a place where I always always go to that place. Yeah, folks in Australia, we have to vote and it makes sense to do so anyway, so we go there. But he's always at the front with his Gelong scarf on, like handing at things, and I'm like, this is out and.
Speaker 2: About with the people. He's a deputy PM. He's the deputy Prime Minister. Shit, really he is too, You're right, yeah, yeah, I mean he's the second most powerful man in Australian politics No One and Geelong and getting all these new stadiums. But he's also the Minister of Defense, so you know you'll see him on the really okay, I believe so I was giving him titles, but if not. Anyway, he's handing mad like candy. But he was at the Strand on Saturday morning. And there's a show on the ABC here in Australia called Inside, just like a political panel show. They get a few journals on and a casual politician and yeah, let'll be talking about that. Lou and I tend to watch it a Saturday or a Sunday morning, and you judge them. And guy's fucking neck looks like a ass. He's fucking gay. But whenever Marlesy Richard Marles is on, Lo's like, there's your boyfriend. Because I'm like, I'm like, I saw this guy speak. Although he was great, I'm not surprised he's doing as well he is in politics. Anyway, he was there and I thought, look, I never do this, but he didn't. No, no, well, I never get I never get selfies with anyone. But I thought, I thought, Louell thing, this is hilarious.
Speaker 3: I have to see this selfie. Where's your phone? I was to say, yeah, what did he say? He said, no problem at all.
Speaker 2: But then we just had a quick chat because I said basically what I said to you was like, we enjoy Insiders. I know that Spearsy, the host of the show, occasionally puts your feet on the phone, but I think you always do pretty well on it. And as we were leaving, I said, it was good meet you. My name's Guy Davis. Oh, guy, we know, well, yeah, we know each other because we went to the same school, but he was but he was a couple of years above me, and I didn't really remember him from that. But we were on the same school bus, Davis, when we were a little kids. No, there's more, when we were all little kids. Yeah, you know when I was like in primary school and I caught the bus to go out to the school campus. But he was catching it a bit earlier. But yeah, he was on the same bat. He goes, oh, yeah, we'd catch it and we'd go along Shannon Avenue and all this kind of stuff. So yeah, that's right, And he goes, yeah, and you wrote for the advertising you wrote your memory. Oh I'm a fan, which one, I went, oh, watch out, Louise, the lovely Marshes moving in miles miles, isn't it. I look terrible picture, it's all squinty and it was in a car park and everything. Yeah, yeah, that's awesome though. But then I had to call Margaret Mary, who's very much I hate labor take this man, which was now old lady. I random Marlsie at the Strand car. Oh, that guy's gotta he's gonna get him kicked out of government. Like that's no way to talk about my new best friend. Anyway. I don't know if any of this is going to stay in, but yeah, I met Marlsie at the the Strand. It has to go in the Patreon group. It has to, all right, I'll put it. I'll put it in anyway. So that was the other thing that happened to me on the weekend. And met up with the Deputy PM, who's a fan of yours truly. What the hell he's a patrio Richard that Richard Marles the patron saying O move over, kdy g And by the way, we give that dip the PM money. We've got to do that. They live for our pals act. We do indeed, Yeah, we kdy G said us another us only for you to kJ we do up a Christmas car for kdy J. I mean she's already watched it, so have we not reviewed that already Christmas Carol? I don't know. If we have talked about it a bit.
Speaker 3: I'll be well into doing that. Speaking Muppets the Muppet fan page up at History. Oh boy, let's not get into it the how and why. But it's time for talking muppets to take over. Maybe, Oh, just cut your eyes on the prize I have that guy had his eyes on the fighs. Yes, and as I say, fires one of this guy's talking, he hadn't speaks them the last forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: And we brought it back to dangerous curse.
Speaker 3: And that's the no no, you need to say the catch phase because someone's gonna a shirt where he goes.
Speaker 2: We now return you to We now return you the dangerous curtains already in progress. I can't tell if Dan I was making fun of my No, I'm thinking of merchandise, because we'll have one. We now return you too for your discount. Already in progress. On the back says already in progress there. That's great.
Speaker 5: I can't believe one of the most beautiful moments in our marriage is based on wise.
Speaker 1: You're just as batters me and you used to be better, so that makes you worse. I don't think we could ever trust each other again. Ruthie, kick me away from this nightmare. I wish I'd never.
Speaker 2: Met you home.
Speaker 3: It was worse because Homer was genuinely flirting margin sort of She's more innocent in this situation, but she was still going to fucking Yeah. There was no hit that she was She was hesitant, but there was no sort of hit there that she was going to leave had Homer not been there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If I was writing this episode and it was like a filler episode for a I was like, Okay, we've we've got our A list episodes, We've got a we've got guest stars guaranteed for these things. We need three or four filler episodes. Here's what I would do if I was writting this person. It wouldn't be about Home or Homermarge will be supporting characters in this. You would have introductions to Alberto and to Sylvia. They're each going to this lake resort. They've each got their own stories that kind of thing, and they sort of have a bit of a flirtation with this other couple that's there. Turned out to be home very much and Homermarge is supporting characters in this episode, and it turns out to be a love the love story about Berto and Sylvia. That's what I'd do. It's probably terrible, but could.
Speaker 3: You could you do this story with a couple who already exist in Springfield? I think that's kind of the appeal to find Oh, you think it's more PERTI if we don't know that, if you don't know them, if you're like, wait, what's going on?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's going to be very reliant on the writing and the voice acting, but hopefully're gonna make these characters interesting from the beginnings. You've got to be intrigued, like who are they? Oh, but they're saying something funny or doing something likable. Oh, I'm interested in because they're both so bland. Yeah, I mean despite yeah, sort of no substantute Hanks storring all the hot sauce you can on this accent. It's trust me, trus Yea doing her sort of sexy, fluty thing, which he does very very well. Female lawyer having lots of sex. Yeah, but you don't really, As I said before, there's no stakes you don't. You never feel like I guess I got a ark is like the default for Marge being potentially unfaithful. I'm sure there's someone else who was it?
Speaker 3: So there was Jacques the big one. Yeah, so early on in the show there was someone else as she was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not really a threat either, and it was.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: The thing is, though, Marge Homer relationship crisis stories in flashback episodes, you know the ending. You can't buy into any of it because you think there's no stakesy because we know they end up together.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess here though, it works into it its way into present time because in the present time they find out about the past. Still, speaking of the hill, did this so much better nearly ten ten years prior?
Speaker 2: Sure did? They Sure did.
Speaker 3: Indeed, If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discamp, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the Fourth Finger Discamp family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcast, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your palas Guy and Dano for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash four for a discount.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, boys, my brother is lost and kind of a jerk if he brought a map of the grounds as I suggested, Lisa, do you know why I spend every day after school and detention so I don't have to come home to you? Oh?
Speaker 2: Bart, don't say things you can't take back. That's outier, deal with it.
Speaker 4: Oh Craig, now you woke the baby.
Speaker 1: I told you we should have left her with your mother.
Speaker 2: My god, Bart, what happened to us? We grew up again? Yeah? Look at this? Is this? Maybe what happened to us? We grew up. It's meant to be.
Speaker 3: That's what happens in marriages, kids. You know, you get married and eventually get sick of each other because you just grow up.
Speaker 2: Oh, actually, all you.
Speaker 3: Get fucking find someone that you actually enjoy, who you want to be around. And yes, marriagers sometimes do fail, but you know, that's not what all marriages are, and they don't get to have this ending of the oh, we're going to risk each other's lives.
Speaker 2: We love you so much. I miss you, Marge.
Speaker 3: When you've had all this bullshit set up, you can't then, just in a genuine marriage, you don't say I wish I'd.
Speaker 2: Never met you. You can't cry, Yeah, you can't cry foul, you can't say shit like that. Ridiculous, ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So now the Flanners and Homer back in the twenty years probably they're having a chat over having their fishing, and he suggests he takes March for a walk and open up to her and talk about talk to her. And he goes, oh, I suppose you guys are going to be there. Oh no, we wouldn't be there. It cuts to Red Dog and Mustache One spying on them. She's got a water pistol, she's hiding in a tree. It's their honeymoon. She's going to squid him in the deck if he tries to make it move on March.
Speaker 2: Why why why Flanders is Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying it would redeem this episode. I don't think anything could, but yeah, having the Flanders learn a lessently, and this is like, oh well, maybe we should just mind our own business. This is the thing that's the last we see of them. That's it. Yeah, I mean have the flamers go, well, well, we live in our lives our way. But I guess you know to which their own.
Speaker 3: Hope think is walking along and he this is now five years prior. Obviously that twenty is prior, and he carves the name into the tree. Cuts to real time, and Homer's angry. He's walking through the forest the same place. Even says, here, I'm getting out of his marriage whilst I'm still handsome. And then he sees the name of the tree and he goes, oh much, what just said. I never want to see you again. I'm getting out of this marriage. But because he sees the carving in a tree, oh well, actually I'll take it all back, take it all back.
Speaker 2: So he tries to rip off the carving. Marge and sees him trying to rip off the carving. I also ripping off the carving. Didn't like it either, that.
Speaker 3: Our marriage can weather any storm, just like this, What the fuck do you mean?
Speaker 2: He just said?
Speaker 3: Does what to fuck off with this story? She pushes the tree. Homo ends up falling over because he's holding onto the bark. He's hanging over a canyon kind of thing, hanging upside down under the tree. I'm explaining all this because I'm gonna hope that none of you actually have to sit through and watch his fucking episode. He's hanging from the bark. We cut to park range again. Park rangers. We can't use that phone to save them, because that's for fires. If the park ranger is a dicks in his episode, everyone's horrible. This is everyon, this is a zion Feld episode. So Homer says he wants to hold onto the carving, and then we get this bullshit unearned line from March. The base of a marriage isn't in that tree, It's in it's within us.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, didn't you come. You can't spend twenty something minutes hating each other. Yeah, hating each other, wanting to spend contradicting, contradicting that one and expecting one line to cure it all. No way.
Speaker 3: Then we get this wacky cartoon ish the tree marges It's like a Lin Tunes cartoon. Margin falls, Homer catches her and Homas says, don't worry. A lot of marriages are based on lies, just like religion in American history, zinging what a zinger Wow told them, Margin says, you know, we go through fights, we're just human, but at least we love each other.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure about two minutes ago he said he never wants to see you again. Like I said, you have spent twenty something minutes making a really convincing case that these people do not like one another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they end up falling and they land just before the water home. It says, we just have to wait for the river to freeze. The kids are just in the pedal car in the river, arguing, threatens to kill Lisa by saying, well, how about I give you a shot? Cut to the bottom of this river home Omage get in the back seat. They start kissing, but says keep it g rated. Homas says, you have PG. Thirteen Adult situations. And then we get that fucking really random So.
Speaker 2: Is that from the movie.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing it must be. Yeah, fucking wanna be what was that? It's this random shot of that's just a streak, randomout thing, but everything's doubling up Homo, Marge with the bikes, Barton, Lisa in the pedal car Jeep so forming turning into two cars and back into one car again.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Worst episode ever Wors episode two dates. Yes, yeah, the worst episode so far. That was That was bad. That was real bad. Dan I did not like this, nor did I. I think Dan I disliked it more than I did, but I did not like it, So Dan, I really didn't like it. What do we learn, Bomber?
Speaker 3: What'd you learn from the episode? Miss Davis?
Speaker 2: That the women we love the issue of Esquine magazine should be brought back. Yeah, yes, it's a way of celebrating the wonderful women that we admire, appreciate, and dare I say even love.
Speaker 3: I learned that you should never give a flashback episode to Billy Kimball and Me, Max and Graham ever again, Man, you.
Speaker 2: Were a name we can trust, Billy Kimball, No, man, Buddy.
Speaker 3: Kimmle's a good name, though, Billy Kimble sounds like the guy at school that everyone's friends with.
Speaker 2: Oh and Billy Kimber is a good guy. Billy Kimber, Billy Kimball legend. From this day forward, your name will.
Speaker 3: Be it's the new Name Championship. The current leaderboard stands this. After four rounds, we have in first position. His name is Jared on six points.
Speaker 2: We need to talk about something just very quickly, because there was an issue regarding new names. His name is Jared and various things. Let me just go into my DMS because Jared horn be slidd into by DMS. That's sly Boots. I didn't. I initially replied to him, and then I did not reply to him again. Jared, if you're listening, of course you're listening. Sorry about that. But here's the thing. My message from Jared reads as follows, there's a conspiracy foot here. Davis, so and so I got a point for something something one of my names. Now this happens occasionally, because you know, a good name is worth repeating. Sometimes you're going to get a bit of crossover.
Speaker 3: The rule is that whoever does it first gets the point, whereas Jared did it first for that particular name.
Speaker 2: Yes, but that's usually when it's just one name. With Treehouse of Horror, you've got three names. So in this case, in particular, we're going to go with it's the collective. It's the collective plays to the single name.
Speaker 3: The collective, Jared, of the person that get at the same m as you, they got the points because as a collective guy thought that those ones were better.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about that, Jed. I mean, this is not a slighter reflection on you in any way. Plus two out of three and then the other one. Yeah, you know what I mean. So I hope they cleose it up, and Jared's probably going to get three points this time around. Anyway, probably we'll find out because his name is Jared. Indeed, he's good at the new names. One point goes to flash back to the future. I like it.
Speaker 3: That is Adam Woolhouse. Who's now on two points. Well, I'm Adam Woolhouse.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Woolhouse. He's bringing us new names. How about that I just came up with.
Speaker 3: I think I think you've said it joke three times. Really, you've definitely said welcome to the Warhouse.
Speaker 2: I know, Well, a good joke is worth repeating. He said that joke about three times. You are the one who was always say the line, guy, I would say the line. I'm joking. I'm not making I don't know, man, you want me to repeat lines by Michael Jordan. I took it personally. Two points goes to by Fidelity. Oh not bad.
Speaker 3: Oh, Phil Hawkins is making a slight little comeback here. Another two points there for Phil Hawkins. That puts Phil now in second position at the moment, tied with Kyle Muldoon on four points.
Speaker 2: He's friaging out that Jay.
Speaker 3: It's so close currently as it currently stands two points behind Jared Hornby in first position.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see how we go when I give three points to two for the dolder as in.
Speaker 3: Two for the road yep, that is his name is David. Oh you joke again David Mott with his first points of the season. That puts him on three. Well on David Mott, But that means it's getting very close at the top of the table now.
Speaker 2: Indeed, indeed, and because I only have a handful of pop culture references and I like to repeat jokes, have I us turned down for Mott?
Speaker 3: Maybe because that's worth re easy turned down for Mott? Turned out for what that's the best one ever? That got guy like an extra year's worth of work. We're gonna get rid of the guy, but he had turned out for him.
Speaker 2: But normally that will get your bonus, may it didn't get me fired.
Speaker 3: So still in the first position we have Jared Hornby on six points, second position Clever Cayle and Phil Hawkins on four the names it's the same old names again now, wasn't it. So they're making me come back? And our third position Brian Hughes and David Mott.
Speaker 2: On three points.
Speaker 3: Well, well down to everybody, Yeah, well done? Indeed, all right, Well that is our review of Dangerous Curves. Hope you guy who's enjoyed listening to us Rand. We haven't random like that.
Speaker 2: For a good while. Certainly not you. You're very to quote you. I took it personally, Please be quite. Michael Jordan. Then Michael john you're still in my bit. It's like, how about we swapped Michael Jordan, You're going to do some podcasting for a while and I'll start shooting three pointers with bulls. Yeah, but it was. It was fun. Sometimes it's good to just get a good rant out. Absolutely, I feel like people were more.
Speaker 3: I've more interested in this episode review than anything has done for a while, because've been posting on there. This one of the does. They're like, I can't wait to hear guys rant and then maybe Ransom the Way in the future.
Speaker 2: And then this is me going, yeah, I suppose and had some issues and Dan is like, fuck this show. I was livid. He was very very angry.
Speaker 3: Yes, shit episode, shit shit episode. The worst episode we've ever reviewed in the history of four fork a discaud so far, all right.
Speaker 2: The next episode, thank you for the adding the so far. Yes, that's sad.
Speaker 3: So the next episode of season twenty that we show we were viewing is called Homer and Lisa Exchange cross Words. I think I remember watching this one when it was on. I have no recollection except for the fact that Lisa and Homer like gone some tournament I think for crossword Puss something along those lines. And anyway, Shenanigans ensuit.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about them when we talk of we will indeed.
Speaker 3: So that is the next episode of season twenty we shall be reviewing. Don't forget, guys, please rate and reviewers another podcast Spotify review.
Speaker 2: Do find this show.
Speaker 3: Check out all of our other podcast I Forget, check out the movie Guide with Malton and Davis. But for now, mister Davis and you find the words For those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 2: We hope you've enjoyed this episode of Full Finger Discount, the podcast where we always do it the European way s