Speaker 1: God Well.
Speaker 2: Channeling is dinner Clerk, get them dives.
Speaker 3: Thatt's the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 4: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 5: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 1: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 3: We're here.
Speaker 1: The road comes through La.
Speaker 3: Come get it.
Speaker 5: If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 1: I do it best.
Speaker 3: Overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 6: Fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 3: Ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch, Tim Kats.
Speaker 2: It's a much anticipating return of number twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi everybody, and welcome.
Speaker 2: It's Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodgers pregame show. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty nine and sixteen on the season, first place atop the West after falling to the Angels in the series opener last night, The Dodgers back at it tonight. It's the season debut for the future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw, back for his eighteenth season with the Dodgers, fresh off the injured list, where he started the season recovering from toe and knee surgeries.
Speaker 5: First pitch from.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Stadium on this Saturday night is coming up at six'. Ten between then and, now we got a lot to get to. Here On Morongo Casino dodgers On, deck you are gonna hear From Blake. Snell it Is Snell Zilla saturday With David vase And Blake. Snell we're gonna get updated on how the left hander is doing now on the injured.
Speaker 5: List you'll hear from the, Manager Dave.
Speaker 2: Roberts we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup with the return Of Clayton KERSHAW. Tv of course we'll check in throughout the. Show we got Your dodgers magical. Moment shortly we'll visit With Kirsten watson From sports and AT la and in just a few minutes we will check in With Steven nelson And Jose mota out The Galpin Motors broadcast. Booth well last night and this series, Opener Dustin may got this. Start the big redhead got into some trouble early in the first on one out.
Speaker 5: Walk the next batter took him.
Speaker 6: Deep come, on get it an, idea sow much is running before you set.
Speaker 3: Up first pitch sin in the air to right. Field you.
Speaker 4: On moncatta Spins patus around and this ball's gone gets over the wall where the out of town.
Speaker 3: Scoreboard is in right.
Speaker 4: FIELD a first pitch ambush By Joan monkata And.
Speaker 3: Jose we talked About Dustin may trying to limit the long. Ball The halos get to.
Speaker 4: Him here a two run shot From moncatta The angels and it's an early two to nothing.
Speaker 5: Lead just like, That halo's up two to.
Speaker 2: Nothing fast forward to this Fourth Dustin may again got himself into, trouble loaded the bases after a, single then hitting back to back, Batters Zach neetto then doubled the left score two and The angels led four to. Nothing The dodgers, offense, meanwhile had a hard time figure In Jack. Kowanowitz he allowed just one, run struck out, five and walked four while also inducing.
Speaker 5: Four double play.
Speaker 2: Balls The dodgers only run against The angels starter came in the fourth after a one out single From Will.
Speaker 5: Smith up Came.
Speaker 4: Mcamuncie on the first pitch From kohanowitz once he swings and drills the ball toward the right center field. Gap diving etcenter Is lugo and he can't make the, play goes all the way to the. Wall Will smith is being waved around third to throw home is way off line AT rbi For Max munsey and The dodgers are on the, board and within Three kohanowitz was backing up to throw. Home it sealed over the cutoff man and So mounsey held up on second with AN rbi Double monty.
Speaker 2: Delivers that's the top tier play of the, game brought to you BY arco, quality top tier guys for.
Speaker 5: Less dodgers down four to, one they would chip.
Speaker 2: Away The angels leading the eighth, show Hey O tany a solo home, run his sixteenth of the. Season dodgers down four to two and within striking. Distance, unfortunately that's as close as they would. Get The angels with a pair of runs in the tip of the ninth they go up For they go on and beat The dodgers six to. Two jackiwanowitz the. Win dustin made the. Loss he falls to one and. Four The dodgers fall to twenty nine and sixteen on the. Season tonight they look to bounce back in this freeway.
Speaker 5: Series it's a.
Speaker 2: Big night with the season debut of The, Goat Clayton, kershaw his first start in twenty twenty. Five first pitch is coming up at six ten and with more we head out to The Gallpin motors broadcast booth and welcome In Stephen nelson And Jose.
Speaker 5: Mode. Guys all, Right Tim.
Speaker 4: Kates let's get into this weekend and get The dodgers back into this. Series drop In game one last, night and here we, Are Jose mota on a Gloomy saturday afternoon and evening at The, ravine and we're not gonna dwell on last, night.
Speaker 3: Those dark clouds that hovered Over game.
Speaker 4: One we are going to cut through the, overcast guys in Highlight Clayton krushaw's return to The Major league mound tonight.
Speaker 6: With all the things we could talk. About kersh thirty, two strike us away from three, thousand all the wonderful things he's. Done he thrown over forty four thousand pitches in his. Career how about the last eleven time scenes faced The. Angels The dodgers have one and he is eight to oh with at one point two.
Speaker 1: Era So i'm gonna go and base it On kersh coming.
Speaker 3: Back great.
Speaker 6: Celebration we love, this but also the fact that he brings a little intensity also to what this team means right.
Speaker 4: Now it has been a long. Road the last couple of years have been really tough On. Kershaw he's now thirty seven years. Old he's not that far removed from shoulder surgery this past. Offseason, thankfully it wasn't the shoulder or the, arm it was the knee and the, foot a procedure on the foot specifically that he, SAYS i think one or two other baseball players have ever. Had and yet despite all of his, accomplishments the future first Ballot hall Of famer probably should be. Unanimous but we don't want to get into THE bbwaa right. Now he still has the desire to come back and. Perform he does not want to let an injury stop him from pitching in the major. Leagues he wants to go out on his, terms and he has dictated that throughout his career in different versions of.
Speaker 6: Himself AND i think For, kersh it was quite clear during the parade last year that he just felt this tug to, SAY i want to go out with this organization as much as he is good friends with a guy in texass, like, no this is my team AND i want to do it, here BUT i want ye see why, stairway BUT i want to do it. Here and you can't blame the guy that understands what the culture was when he, arrived when he was the horse. Year and also now that there's transition time with the influx of a lot of young, talent especially international, TALENT i Think kersh wants to be a piece of the whole thing to. Win and no doubt in my mind that we have Seen kersh reinvent himself so many. Times this. Version i'm looking forward to. It but it's not forget about something. Too just two years Ago Clayton kershaw led The dodgers and starts and who would have thought?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 6: Right And Clayton kersher when he is on it's not about ninety five. Anymore he knows how to mix here and. There but for, sure let's see how the league reacts whatever he has velocity, wise tilt wise and. Movement why is without slider because that is the key.
Speaker 4: Pitch he's about to start his eighteenth season In Dodger. Blue it pulls into a tie With Bill russell in A Brooklyn Dodger hall Of. Famer Zach, wheet who's an outfielder for The Brooklyn dodgers back in the day for the franchise record eighteen years of number twenty two In Dodger. Blue he's gonna have a statue here one. Day but we're not looking at the. Future we're looking at the. Now Clayton krushaw back in a big league, Bump Tim. Kates it is a beautiful.
Speaker 5: Sight cannot.
Speaker 2: Wait thank, You nelly as we count you down to the first. Pitch dodger fans getting that game day meal on A Shaky's pizza. Parlor, yeah what are Your Shaky's, Pizza chicken And mojo's right now At shaky's Dot.
Speaker 5: Com coming up.
Speaker 2: Here At dodgers On, deck you're gonna hear from.
Speaker 5: The, Manager Dave. Roberts we'll check in With David. Basseo of, course he'll.
Speaker 2: Go one on one With, Snell, Zella Blake. Snell we'll break down this pitching. Matchup it's the return of the. Goat Clayton kershaw makes his twenty twenty five debut, Tonight Dodgers angels The Freeway.
Speaker 5: Series thanksh you being with. Us I'm Tim Kasey's world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Network this Is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home For La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball it's A dodgers And angels The Freeway series on The saturday. Nights Clayton kershaw making his twenty twenty five. Debut first pitch from the ravine coming up to. Sixteen this is The otani rewhy reballs to.
Speaker 4: Strike this is a danger zone for ady pitcher Against. Otani the Pitch otani swings and grounds the ball right side and through laid off basit for show Hail tani in between the second Baseman anderson and the short Staff. Nettle here's the old. One otani hits a high fly ball right center field in, deep towering shot into the batter's yon. Gone oldtani tossed the bat toward his Old Doug, yeah and now rounds the basis for the sixteenth, time a solo home, run and The dodgers are within.
Speaker 2: Too show Hey otani two for, three a home run number sixteen on this, season the most of the major LEAGUES rbi number twenty.
Speaker 5: Nine he was also on base with the.
Speaker 2: Walk, Unfortunately dodgers fell to The angels last, night six to.
Speaker 7: Two this Is kirston's corner With Kirston.
Speaker 2: Watson, Okay kirston now joins us from the. Stadium brought to you By cars For. Kids ready to donate your old? Car call each seven Seven cars For kids, now friendly agents standing by to take your. Donation That's cars WITH A. K. Kirston it's been a while SINCE i said this to. You Happy Kershaw, Day Happy Kershaw.
Speaker 9: Day it really has been a, while but we're all so excited whenever, Ever Clayton, kershaw when he comes into the, picture when he's on the, mound there's a different level of intensity and that is something THAT i think this whole team is excited for. It Dave robert said last night that he is really excited for it just because right, now, look we saw the loss last, night we know what's been happening to the. Rotation there are so many guys are on the il at the, moment so he brings it just it's the perfect timing and he brings a different type.
Speaker 5: Of jolt of.
Speaker 9: Energy So dave even said it's pretty much like a shot in the. Arm so for this group to have that right, now it's best case. Scenario there are no limitations on him today since he's come out of his rehab. Assignment he said that once he was able to get past the toe that knee, injury not even thinking about, it he's able just to. Compete that Was that's what it's been like for his last few. Outings so now he feels he's in a really good spot heading into this one.
Speaker 2: Today The dodgers can certainly use another arm and this is great news for them Getting Clayton kerr shot back and start number, one and they'll slow roll him out here for the rest of the season as as long as he stays. Healthy speaking of, healthy The dodger's going to give back a couple of infielders and.
Speaker 9: Outfielders, yeah So Tommy edmund lightly be the first. One so the hope is that he returns to the lineup. Tomorrow Tayoscar hernandez decided that he wanted to go on a rehab, assignment so he's with The rancho team right. Now he's gonna be in the lineup tonight playing in right. Field dave said he's gonna take about two or three at bats. Tomorrow if he does go out, there it's gonna be a day game for. Them dave, said he'll probably be THE dh if he does do, that but it is completely up to him on how he feels coming out of this one. Tonight but the hope is that he's gonna be returning back to the lineup On. Monday so these guys are gonna be back very. Soon that's just more arms for Ta oscar of COURSE rbi leader impact, guy so that will be huge for the. Offense but it does leave the big Question marcus to what does that mean for the, Roster so we're all gonna have to find out. Together but it's a big, one so it'll be an interesting to see how things play out the next few.
Speaker 2: Days dodgers getting healthy just at the right time as they sit atop the Nl Wes kirston appreciate. It we'll check you with you after the game still to come here On Wrongo Casino dodgers On, deck we'll dive deeper into this pitchy.
Speaker 5: Matchup David veass, say we'll check. In we got your injury, report and we'll hear from the Manager Dave.
Speaker 2: Roberts, next it's The Dodgers Emmy angels on This saturday. Night Clayton kershaw makes his debut here in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Five first pitch at six y.
Speaker 2: Ten I'm Tim, kasis the world Champion Los Angeles dodgers audio.
Speaker 7: Number this Is Marongo Casino dodgers On deck on your home for the blue all season, Long Anson.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and The. Angels Marongo Casino dodgers On deck continues as we leads up to first. Pitch Marongo Casino resort dspop A Grand slam for good. Times he's, Back Clayton. Kershaw he gets to start first pitch at six.
Speaker 7: Ten this it's THE La Dodgers Injury report.
Speaker 2: Presented BY Ucla Healthy official medical partner The Los Angeles. Dodgers Clayton kershaw off the il for the first time this. Year you are gonna hear From Blake snell coming up in about thirty. Minutes he's on the injured list with the left shoulders. Soreness we'll get an update on how he's feeling and when he's gonna start throwing even.
Speaker 5: More that's coming.
Speaker 2: Up Tyler glass now shoulder Inflammation Tommy edmond's gonna come off THE aell and next couple of, days Tasker Hanandez zasally And Rancho koukamonga with The quakes on a minor league rehab stand just a quick one gamer he checks. Out, okay he's expected to come off the I l, tomorrow so there's an injury. Update let's head back out To dodgers. State eum been checking with The. Dodgers given.
Speaker 5: The questions For Dave, dave can you just Describe?
Speaker 3: Dave can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 7: In the dugouts With Dave.
Speaker 8: Roberts dalton's gonna be catching AND i think kind of the the thought was H Tyler anderson is a neutral, guy potentially, reversed Gives dalton a good. Chance lines Up will With kakouchi kind of just separates the, days but there's not a whole lot of thought into. It will's going to Catch clayton a.
Speaker 7: Lot delton At chris his rehabit.
Speaker 9: Sign three of them share what if with that, relationship with how Much delton is taking and also making yes with.
Speaker 8: Two of them were sitting on the bench talking to each.
Speaker 7: Other just is this another opportunity for him to.
Speaker 9: Grow and kind of prepare himself on, understanding you, know working with the feature hold your.
Speaker 8: Evens the first, TIME i, think So i'm not afraid of. IT i Know clayton's fine with. It certainly a good experience For. Dalton, yeah they they kind of chatted on the bench last night just preparing for. Tonight you, know obviously they're going to do their scouting report pictures catcher meeting, shortly but, yeah there's familiarity. There dalton has been in camp with us for a few, years So i'm not too overly, concerned BUT i do think it will help its growth for.
Speaker 7: Sure that's first day there any alimitations on, me especially accounts of just hitch chute or making.
Speaker 8: You're being AND i honestly no LIMITATIONS i think for. Me and that's one thing That clayton wanted, to you, know assurance on is that when he gets back that we've like we can just run him out there and be a normal. Picture So i'm going to kind of treat him as, such and if he feels like he deserves more at, least we'll run him out there and if it gets a little, wonky then we'll.
Speaker 2: Pivot you you can answer this question giving away, secrets WHICH i KNOW i could, do but be calling the game With clayton be calling the.
Speaker 8: GAME i think it's, well it's going to Be, dalton But clayton ultimately has a last right of. Refusal BUT i think that it's going to Be it's going to Be. Dalton.
Speaker 9: Yeah the other, Day clayton kind of spoke about coming into the start of the season with even more.
Speaker 7: Gratitude you, know what does just eighteen seasons and.
Speaker 8: This kind of era of the, game you know mean, WELL i think that OBVIOUSLY i can only speak to WHAT i know from you, Know, clayton but obviously there's not being away from, it not being able to do what you. LOVE i think there's a part of it as seeing the finish. LINE i think a part of it is seeing your older kids see you and having a memory etched in their minds as they get. OLDER i think there's some motivation with, that AND i think just overall potential opportunity to pitch for this. CLUB i think he's certainly, really like you, said grateful for All, right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave roberts talking about number twenty, Two Clayton, kershaw who makes his return. Tonight as we continue here On Marongo Casino dodgers On, deck we'll check in With David, vasse get the very latest On Dlon, rushing who will be Catching Clayton kershaw, tonight and Get dave's thoughts on the return of number twenty. Two that's all coming up for leading you up to first pitch from The Ravine dodgers And angels On Tim.
Speaker 5: Kakes's The World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio Nowork.
Speaker 7: As we were, saying, yes Is Marongo Casino dodgers on jack on the official home Of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball it's A dodgers and The, angels the return Of Clayton. Kershaw Former Dodger Tyler anderson on the mound for The halos first pitch coming up at six.
Speaker 4: Ten.
Speaker 7: Joining Tim kats On dodgers On. DECK i accept everybody for who they. Are this Is dodger Insider david bai or, RIGHT.
Speaker 2: DVI i CAN'T i can't stop thinking about the interview you had With Clayton kershaw earlier this. Week really insightful to hear him talk about how eager he Is david to come back and pitch after all the.
Speaker 1: Injuries, yeah it's something that meant a lot to him because he did not want to go out with a bad, knee a bad. Foot he obviously was upset he couldn't be more part of The dodgers postseason last, year but certainly was a supportive teammate and that's all he could. Do so he wanted to be all in with that as much as he possibly could. Be but this means a lot to, him means a lot to his, Family it means a lot to The dodgers to Have Clayton kershaw back on the. Mount he means a lot being around the team because everybody just sees how hard he works and the work ethic he, has and he kind of sets the tone for the rest of the pitching staff and other players on the. Team this guy's in his eighteenth, season he's going to.
Speaker 7: The hall Of.
Speaker 1: Fame he has His Cy, youngs he has his, MVPs but he's the first guy on the, Field so that sets the tone for everybody else in that. Clubhouse and the question, Today tim is where's the fastball velocity going to be and is it going to be enough to create the separation that he needs from his slider and you not only just the slider that goes to the back foot of right handed, hitters but the slider that appears to look like a. Cutter is it going to be? Enough but the one thing everybody discounts is the competitive nature Of Clayton. Kershaw he will outcompete whoever's in that batter's. Box he may not have the same fastball he even had last, year but he's going to find a. Way he always finds a, way and he's not going to tap. Out so that's one thing we can be certain of. Today david is shriven by. Fourth there's one thing we, like it's choice to find Yours with The FORD f.
Speaker 2: One fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be CALLED f one. Fifty for so many years we saw a J ellis behind the, Play Austin barnes behind the, Play Will smith Catching Clayton kershaw, tonight he's gotta have another catcher In Dalton.
Speaker 1: Rushing and they're not strangers Because Dalton rushing Caught Clayton kershaw's last rehab, starts so they do have a rapport with each, other And kershaw even Praised Dalton rushing after that rehab start that he really enjoyed throwing to, him so he's comfortable with. Him Dalton rushing is a guy that's going to take the lead Of. Kershaw he's not going to be going out of bounds here and calling his own. Game kershaw will be calling his. Game and the pregame routine With kershaw certainly is a big deal For Dalton rushing and he has the self confidence to be able to be settled back there as the. Receiver and also you Heard Dave roberts mention this in his press. Conference The dodgers want to Get Will smith off his feet more so he's more fresh for the second half of the. Season, tomorrow The angels have a left hander and you Say kakouchi on the mound a day game after a night, Game so it made sense to Have rushing catch tonight And Will smith catch the day game.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow it's time out for The dodger.
Speaker 2: Derby as we look at the races At San anita and we pick and we're looking at tomorrow's fourth, race a mile and an. Eighth it is a six horse field currently going into tomorrow's fourth. Race, david who do you like tomorrow At San anita.
Speaker 1: Man you are becoming a big time horse racing guy, Here Tim, KAINS i, AM i. Am i'm going back to My italian. Roots the number four, Horse Ferenze, flavor.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 1: Right the jockey Not. Italian his last name Is, vandyke Not Dick, Drayden draden Van.
Speaker 5: Dike all, right the four.
Speaker 2: Horse i'm gonna go with the two horse as catch can as catch candles on my second.
Speaker 3: Choice that was my first.
Speaker 5: One you got to go first in so.
Speaker 2: Right ninety years of horse racing At Santa Anita park Every friday Through, sunday with millions of payouts every race. Day get on track for experiences Like Memorial Weekend carnival Free fridays with drink specials In California Beer. Festival explore experiences At Santa anita dot. Com slash events coming up. Here On dodgers On, deck you'll hear From blake's. Noow we'll dive deeper to this pitching, matchup but up next Your Dodger's Magical. Moment dodgers And angels First pitches six. Ten I'm tim kase St World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Network this Is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home For La Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 2: Lead you have To dodgers And angels on This saturday. Night Clayton kershaw makes his debut here in twenty twenty. Five first pitch at six, TEN.
Speaker 7: A hot dog who wants that hot Cod it's time for the hawfing magical, Moment ditch magical magic phone resents it by hawby Hot.
Speaker 5: Dogs, Well dodge's taken on The.
Speaker 2: Angel as we go back To july, fifteenth twenty twenty, two at The BIG a And, anaheim in the final start before The All Star game For Clayton. Kershaw he took a perfect game into the eighth.
Speaker 5: Inning Taylor ward is on.
Speaker 3: Deck trout not playing.
Speaker 10: Tonight the one to two calls right three on the outside, Corner.
Speaker 3: Kershaw's first strike out of the, game and it's against Show hey o'tani blind one To wright and hands Are.
Speaker 1: Alberta there's a. Shot what a play By Trey turner picks it, up throws the first it.
Speaker 11: Deads then the third spectacular defensive play turned in by The dodger, infield First Justin, turner then hands Her alberto and Now Trede turner keeping the perfect game intact For Clayton.
Speaker 10: Kershaw what a. Play this crowd standing is one one, ball two, strikes the pitch hang on and this strike three strike cap number. Six pershaw is perfect through.
Speaker 5: Seven he was perfect through.
Speaker 2: Seven, Unfortunately Luis ranhiefo at double in the eighth inning Ended Clayton kershaw's perfect. Game This hafey magical moment brought to By hofey Hot. Dogs hafey So cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred. Years haffey Hot dogs local and so. Great when we continue here On dodgers On, deck we'll head back out To Dodger. Stadium check in With Jose. Mota it leads you up to first. Pitch Clayton kershaw makes his Debut Dodgers. Angels I'm Tim kase's the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Network this Is Marongo, Casino dodgers on dech on your home for The blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Leading up To dodgers And.
Speaker 2: Angels Clayton kershaw makes his twenty twenty five. Debut first pitch coming up at Six tenlent's back out To Dodger.
Speaker 5: Stadium David vasse And jose.
Speaker 1: Mode, guys all right host for the first time this, season we could say It's Kershaw. Day pretty exciting day here At Dodger.
Speaker 6: Stadium always, energy, intensity, history, presence all present here today Because kersh brings something that very few have in the, game with, longevity with.
Speaker 1: SUCCESS i, mean his winning percentage in baseball is the.
Speaker 6: Top, Right this guy stays in, games and he's told you this many, times and he's told me. This you pitch to, win not to, compete not to just get your team a. Chance you pitch to. Win and hopefully because he had a little prolonger prolonged, rehamp we'll see him with no, limitations as They robert, said go out there and get some runs and win.
Speaker 1: Tonight did you catch that play he made in his last rehab start where he was able to come off the, mound grab the baseball that was down the third, baseline turn and. THROW i feel like that's the last check mark to believe that he's. Healthy that's, right BECAUSE i did see that, play and now that you MENTIONED i remember him spinning and throwing it with no rush.
Speaker 6: Whatsoever considering that he could be worrying about the knee and about the, toe he pretty much said If.
Speaker 1: I'm on the, mound If i'm on the, field is Because i'm ready to.
Speaker 3: Contribute i'm.
Speaker 6: Glad he Told Dave roberts that about you, know the limitations today and just let me be somebody that's just a Normal polson out.
Speaker 1: There so that takes you to a couple of.
Speaker 6: Things number one is any decision made On kershel tonight will be, strategic not. Presets so he condicted a lot of what happens here tonight in terms of how many, pitches how far he. Goes but at some, point if he's cruising and he's at a certain amount of, pitches there's no need to push.
Speaker 1: Him but hopefully he'll get through five.
Speaker 3: Innutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah the one thing About kershaw that's been talked about in his rehab starts is the fastball. Velocity is that something that could affect him moving? Forward if his velocity is below ninety miles an, hour it could affect him if he doesn't locate.
Speaker 6: It BUT i Think kersha has reinvented himself so many times that he is more, Dominant he's more slighter. Dominant we know that the slighter seeming a strike in the outer half early against an aggressive team and a young. Team if they get to chase a, lot he's not gonna. Matter but if he has no command and he leaves out of a, plot it could be a very low night against. Him BUT i just don't see that happening because he's gonna be amped up for this. Importance, PERSONALLY i want to see him get closer and closer with a couple more kays here and get through the three thousand.
Speaker 3: Soon.
Speaker 1: YEAH i asked him about, THAT a couple of springs to. Goo is that driving him to try to achieve three thousand strikeouts he's only thirty two. Away he, said absolutely. Not this is about his. Kids this is about not being taken out by. Injuries.
Speaker 6: Yes AND i think the mentality in his narrative and his mindset has changed a little bit since lassired, suit, saying If i'm, healthy there's no inder line. Here If i'm, Contributing i'm going to continue to. Pitch But, DAVE i want to ask you, This if you're that close to something like, THAT i just, can't in my human mind think that it's not a driving force nothing continue to, pitch but to SAY i need to get back to pitching and get to that mark or get through that, mark but certainly it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be in his.
Speaker 8: Mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's kind of like a guy that's two home runs, away five home runs away from, five five hundred and three, hundred whatever it. Is you hope That kershaw doesn't try to chase strikeouts because if his fastball velocity's not, there it's gonna be hard to chase thirty two. Strikeouts he's gonna be. Hard it's gonna take a, while but we'll see how it all.
Speaker 6: COMES i, mean last time he was on the mound in a full, season he did lead The dodgers and, starts so obviously he's a different kurshow. Now but also the you, know his fastball average ninety last time he pitched in a full, season along with the slider to eighty, six eighty. Nine BUT i want to just see their. Separation he's always told me that, Too like it could be that my fastball is not WHERE i needed to, be BUT i need to separate the slider from a little bit more so it doesn't all look the same to the.
Speaker 8: Hitter.
Speaker 1: Right the one thing we know is that he's going to outcompete, Everybody so that's gonna be something you can't. Measure he's going to try to impose his will on This angel lineup and everybody.
Speaker 6: Else As Freddick freeman has told me many many, times it was no fun to face. Him but he can make every pitch look the same and make you look bad on any. Pitch, yeah that's, right everybody says it comes right out of the same. Spot that's what makes it.
Speaker 5: Tough, Thanks.
Speaker 1: Jose we'll check back in with you And Steven nelson a little bit. Later for, now we'll send it back to You tim On Kershaw.
Speaker 2: Day Happy Curshaw, day. Guys that's The dodgers game. Plan what's your game, Plan dodger? Fans how about starting your future at A california community. College financial aids available to healthy with, tuition, books sometimes even the. Rent it's time to take that next big. Step classes can phil, quickly so en roll today AND i can go to college dot.
Speaker 5: Com still to come here On dodgers On.
Speaker 2: Deck we'll get you a preview of this pitching, Matchup. Jose we'll be back With nelly and get you those keys to the.
Speaker 7: Game.
Speaker 5: Up, next we go high and tight With Blake.
Speaker 2: Snell It's Snell Zilla saturday With David vat Saying Blake snell cannot Wait Dodgers angels first pitch at six.
Speaker 5: Ten I'm Tim kasey's the world. Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Network as we were, saying, yes Is Marongo Casino dodgers on deck on the official home OF La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball It's Dodgers Angels Happy Curves Show. Days it's been a while since we said That Clayton kershaw is back getting the start for The Blue ready to live That Zenchi sweet. Life you got until tomorrow for your shots at an unforgettable Night Los angeles with two premium sweet tickets to a game this, month complete with gourmet, food, drinks and preferred. Parking it's, luxury it's, exclusive and it's just one scan. Away head to The Zench sushi counter near the deli counter at any Participating rouse grocery, store scan THE qr code and inenter for your chance to win this once in a lifetime. Experience but you have only through. Tomorrow details AT ai SEVENTY la sports dot Com Zench Sushi, Fast fresh And, Easy Shavid.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from A dodger.
Speaker 5: Player it's an engagement of. Endearment this is high and.
Speaker 1: Tight all, RIGHT i guess this is a. Thing Last, saturday rolling into This, Saturday Snell Zillas saturday with our Guy Blake. Snell, blake how Did connor McGinnis guide you through your catch play? Today you, know he was such a help out. There, no it was.
Speaker 12: Good he's just helping me with with like my timing And i'm trying to like keep it slow and build back SO i don't have any. Hiccups and you, know he's helping me with, like, hey just trust your body where you're at v low, wise like don't try to do less than don't try to like manipulate your, body like let it be natural and just. Connected so that's what we're working on talking. About and, YEAH i felt good that feeling better and the pain's finally going. AWAY i haven't played catch without pain and probably since we were In. Japan that's. Great so, Yeah i'm pretty pretty excited about. That and, yeah it just feels good to finally like play catch again and like be able to work.
Speaker 1: On something instead of just being cautious about the pain coming. Back i'm.
Speaker 12: Sure, yeah thrown with pain. Sucks you don't notice it when you're in. It you, know you're just like it's going to go, away because that's usually what we go, through and you're, like it's just, early, oh go. Away but it's pretty tough when it. Didn't you, know LIKE i probably should have stop throwing before opening, day BUT i wanted to pitch so bad that you, know we made it worse than. Then you know it was probably gonna. Be but you, KNOW i learned from, it and.
Speaker 8: It's.
Speaker 3: Tough.
Speaker 12: Man we want to, compete we want to, play and, yeah uh you, know new, new new to being A, dodger AND i want to just you, know show everyone how GREAT i am and WHAT i can be and got a little too far ahead of, myself and, yeah learn from. It so excited about, That excited that you Know i'm able to throw the, ball paying free for the most, part and, yeah looking forward to getting Back.
Speaker 1: Blake it sounds like the coaches just want you to be honest with them and honest with. Yourself.
Speaker 12: Yeah THEY i mean they tell, me, like you, know take your, time go, Slow but that's like foreign language to. Me i'm just, like you, know it's always been, like we need you, back we need you, back and you KNOW i was trying to, go you, KNOW i JUST i want to pitch. Here LOVE i love being A.
Speaker 1: Dodger, hey there's your, Manager Dave. Roberts any force Snail?
Speaker 12: Zilla, wait, yeah but yeah, here take your, time And i'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: That But i'm, gonna you, Know i'm.
Speaker 12: GONNA i want to be. Back so IT'S i gotta find like a happy medium and be smart about. It so WHEN i come, BACK i, can you, know do the BEST i can to stay on the roster and, pitch no.
Speaker 1: Doubt you gotta be honest with. Yourself and once Snail zilla's back on that, mound it's gonna be a big deal for The dodgers when he's. Healthy now where does all this? GO i, mean this is kind of tedious when we say you're playing? Catch how? Big how big of a day was Snail Zilla's saturday? Today and where does it go the rest of the?
Speaker 12: Week, yeah just a progression build up seventy five feet and then we'll go into like one fifty and then get into bullpens after the road.
Speaker 7: Trip and.
Speaker 1: You need me to stand in for one of those.
Speaker 12: Bullpens, YEAH i mean wear a, diaper but, Yeah i'll be ready to. Go, yeah so you, know just we'll see how it all goes and the build up and then Having connor out, There mark's gonna start coming out there as. Well it's gonna be exciting and just to you, know be able to throw and work on stuff and get ready to go to go. Compete and you, know it's tough watching all these, games you, know you just want to be a part. Of it's so bad and it's really tough to watch them and know like your day's not coming. Yet and it's taught me a lot about you, know being, patient being, grateful and you know it's tough right, now but it's short. Term it's How i'm looking at, it and for long term, happiness Which i'm excited.
Speaker 1: About how different is it to be part of The dodgers and understand they know the big picture is not About may Or, june but it's about a greater goal Of. October, yeah, no it's.
Speaker 12: Awesome AND i, mean, also you, know with me being, hurt you, know you give rookies a lot of opportunities to prove themselves and their careers and, journeys and you, know you try to help, them but you try to style the. Way you, know they got to fail to, learn and they're not gonna come up here and. Dominate if they, do it's, amazing but majority. Won't you, know you gotta fail to really learn and. Understand and some of, them you know. THAT i, see they need to work on some stuff and adjust and they'll they'll be really good big, leaguers you, know down the.
Speaker 1: Road speaking of watching and just being in a great. Space Clayton kershaw back today for his eighteenth. Season what did you just call him to? Go, oh, yeah you're gonna get to See kershaw dawn the same. Side what's that like for? You and have you stayed out of his way so far?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 12: YEAH i mean he's pretty. Chill you. KNOW i thought it'd, be you, know a, lot a lot. Worse BUT i think with, age you, know was it eighteen years you, said like he've been around for a long. TIME i, think you, know it changes you and it's as you get, older, man the game is not as you, know life or. Death it's you, know you get a, family it. CHANGES i think you, know he's just a lot more grateful for you, know, everything And he's focused for, sure which is. Excited BUT i can't wait to see, him you, know once the game gets. Going he's still long ways away from the, game but he was here, early and, Yeah i'm excited to watch him.
Speaker 1: Go how many thirty two? Strikeouts thirty two away from three?
Speaker 12: Thousand ooh, Yeah i'm ready to watch every thirty two each each One i'll be watching and tally. Enough OH i love. It get those k's out right, here, Right oh, yeah we might as well just get a section call it thirty two. Zone we're waiting for.
Speaker 3: IT i love.
Speaker 1: It thanks S, nell appreciate.
Speaker 3: It you're the.
Speaker 12: Man no appreciate. You we'll see. It we can keep it. Rolling but Today's kershaw's. Day it, is no.
Speaker 1: Doubt can't wait for you to see.
Speaker 12: It you stay out of the.
Speaker 1: Way, oooh there we, go dropping the mic on, Us Blake snell On Snaill Zvilla, saturday but more, Importantly Kershaw day for the first. Time that's the day it.
Speaker 12: Is It's Kershaw. Saturday.
Speaker 2: Baby we'll say it back to the studio tum all, right thanks a, Lot, Snell, zilla thank. YOU Dv Dodgers baseball is brought to you By Shaky's Pizza, parlor the official pizza partner of The Dodgers Audio. Broadcast when it's game, night it's group night At shaky's Dot. Com lean you up to first. Pitch it's A dot And. Angels when we come, back we're gonna break down this pitching.
Speaker 5: Matchup don't go. Anywhere I'm Tim Kasi's world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Network this This Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home For La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball It's dodgers And angels on This, Saturday game two of this three game freeway.
Speaker 5: Series first pitch at six ten.
Speaker 7: And now before The dodgers hit the, dineck we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by Your Southern California Toyota. Dealers work, hard in play hard in A New tacoma with AN I Force turbo charts. Engine it's a truck built for the. Bulls Here Toyota dealer, today they make it. Easy Tyler anderson on the mound two and, one two fifty eight, era thirty five year old left hander in his tenth season the big. Leagues remember he was A dodger in twenty twenty, Two he won fifteen games and had a career best two fifty SEVEN. Era it was a career turnaround year For, anderson who parlayed it in to a three, year thirty nine million dollar deal with The. Angels making his ninth start this season last time, out five, innings three, runs four, hits five strikeouts in a loss to The. Orioles it's all about the return Of number twenty. Two Clayton, kershaw thirty seven year old Future hall Of, famer eighteenth season in The big, leagues all with The, dodgers making his first start here in twenty twenty five last year only seven starts coming off of that offseason shoulder. Surgery he comes into the season with four hundred and twenty nine, starts two hundred and twelve, wins nine hundred and sixty eight. Strikeouts he's thirty two away from three thousand. Strikeouts he'll face The angels for the seventeenth time in his. Career he's ten and two with a sub TO era and one hundred and thirteen. Strikeouts It's Clayton, kershaw the return of the Goat number twenty two back on the mound for The. Dodgers coming up we'll get you the keys of the. Game we are fifteen minutes away from first. Pitch dodgers And. Angels I'm Tim, kass the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Network as we were.
Speaker 7: Saying, yes Is Marongo Casino dodgers on tack, on the official home Of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball it's The dodgers And, angels the return Of Clayton kershaw for The. Blue first pitch coming up at six. Ten when The boys In blue play at a, home it's important they have the right plan to protect their. House the same applies to your. Home always have a plan and follow fire safety. Tips for, example before set up a, campfire make sure you get a permit from CalFire and choke check local. Restrictions know how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drowned stir and field. Method always have a water supply and shovel nearby to extinguish your. Campfire for more about these tips than to find out, others visit fire dot ca dot. Go let's head back out to the booth before first. Pitch Stephen, Nelson Jose mode guys.
Speaker 3: All, RIGHT.
Speaker 4: Tc last visit With jose motor before first pitcher and go through a few keys in this. Game Clayton kershaw his twenty twenty five season, debuts first start in The major since Last august, thirtieth coming off a couple of offseason. Surgeries his left knee and they fix up his meniscus and then left. Foot there's a bone, spur some, arthritis a ruptured planter. Plate none of that sounds, appealing but all that in the rear view For kershaw now he's just worried about getting major league hitters out. Again the key against This angels team For kersh will be What jose.
Speaker 6: Go out there and see how much they want to. Spread they're gonna be quite aggressive against. Them they're gonna be looking at that radar guard and, said, well we can get to this. Guy and then you're savvy needs to take part and, say, okay they're looking for pitches early to go out there and. ATTACK i have to be smart early and have enough. Command WHAT i feel comfortable about in that regard is the fact That kersh And i'm glad this happened this, year got a prolonged rehab. Stint this was not a go out there and get three and come. Back it was pretty much how you bounce. Back it's the knee you mentioned the, foot and also the arm from a couple of years. Ago so he's had to really learn some things with balance and delivery and all those. Things so hopefully all that would add to pitches on the verge where guys are, chasing and then he can reach swings to work of a young catcher who caught him over IN triplea In.
Speaker 4: Dalton, yeah so you just led me into my next question before we get out of. Here you, know one of the keys is going to be that relationship we see Between Clayton kershaw And Dalton. Rushing this is just the second major league start For rushing behind the plate and he's catching in Future hall Of famer In Clayton. Kershaw and so how would you want the young backstop to approach this for this opportunity he has.
Speaker 6: Tonight As dave said earlier, Today, hey he's going to call the, game but the ultimate pitch is going to be in the ward Of Clayton. Kershew a Boy kersh and he worked together Actually april thirtieth in that rehab stent five, innings three on, runs four, strikeouts a couple of whole, months sixty six pitches so and last night it's been pretty much the entire game going over things and. Conversation BUT i Think kersh is a type of guy that'd, go, hey you have a feel for, something you see somebody standing in the battle, spots just make a call and we'll see if we go from. There BUT i don't think he wants to take anything that will derail the confidence of a young catcher because he's worked with quite a.
Speaker 4: Few Dalton rushing is being joined By Miguel rojas And keith K hernandez playing Behind Clayton, kershaw so that that kind of takes you back a little bit if you're number twenty, two that's for. Sure starting opposite an old teammate And Tyler anderson of The. Angels The dodgers trying to even this three game set against The. Halos we'll be back.
Speaker 3: With you for first. Pitch Timp all, right thank, you.
Speaker 5: Nell, yeah it's a special.
Speaker 2: Night keep it right, Here dodger fans the return Of Clayton kershaw his eighteenth season wearing A dodger. Uniform he'll take the, Mount will we come? Back two hundred and twelve, wins a two fifty CAREER era, two nine hundred and sixty eight, strikeouts two seven and forty two and two third innings pitch all top five in The dodger. Organization he looks to add that tonight when we come. Back first Pitch clayton Kersh On. Joint I'm Tim, kates this world Champion Los Angeles. Dodgers you know her