Speaker 1: Breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread, totals and player props.
Speaker 3: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 1: And see why it's never ordinary at betbo sixty five. Gambling problem call one in hundred. Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get it start at five o'clock here on a Thursday. If you are just now joining us, welcome in. You missed out, but that's okay, better late than never. It is our first and only hour today that we don't have any guests, so that means you guys can be a part of the show if you'd like. Five two, five seventy nine hundred is the number if you want to giveus a call. It is Coffee and Company and we are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven to ninety nit Coffee Austin Montgomery, and we've been busy, We've been active. We had a good chat with our man Alex Kupper talking some Louisville football. He joined us at three point thirty. And it feels like football. You know, they didn't have an off season, but the bye week being late and really a lot of energy and emotion being shifted to basketball with the Tennessee game last week, it kind of feels like it's been forever since we've watched this team play. And I think wishful thinking. Of course, this team has a chance to really finish strong. And yes there's some shortfalls earlier in the year that are probably going to sting. Especially if this team starts to look really good, they look the best they've looked all year. It'll take you back to the wood. It could have, should have, but you can't control it. And I'd rather finish strong than start strong. I mean again, a stronger finish or a stronger start would have potentially put you in a different situation than you're in right now. But you're still in a good spot. You're in the top twenty in the college football playoff rankings. I believe you will only climb if you keep winning, especially if you do it in impressive fashion. The victory against Clemson is clearly the one that has the most value. But you don't have a loss at this point that you can look at and say, man, how to be lose to them? Now. I actually do kind of have that mindset about these losses, but not to the opponent, but because of like, geez, you didn't even play great, and if you just eliminate a mistake here and there, you might have won. But again that that's in the past. So because Louisville is not going to be in the mix and not gonna make the college football playoff, I just don't think there's this I mean, and I don't say that to like sound so negative. It's just it's just the reality of it. So maybe, you know, maybe if they keep climbing and you're just right there on the outside looking in and you just missed it, that would be you know, that would suck. But last year the season was really a dream. And I don't mean to say that they you know, did the unthinkable, but they got off to such a great start and it was there was no pressure, There was really no big expectations nobody really knew what to expect in year one of Jeff Brohm. I think most people expected, hey, well that's Saturday guy. He wasn't terrible, he was mid. So if we're at least a little better than mid, or even if we are mid, will we'll be okay with it because we know the guy we got a lot better than the guy that he's replacing. And if you finish the season with three more regular season wins and then you win a bowl game against whoever that's against down in bowl games, man, there's such a such a question mark now because that trend that has been in effect for years is only going to begin, is only going to grow and become a bigger thing. And that is people just not playing. And mean, if you play in bowl games, you're missing out on the free agency period. I mean, there are already coaches right now that are coaching legitimately. I think might have been Mark Stoops earlier that that mentioned this in one of his press conferences, that you got coaches that are still with what a fourth of their season left, but they are now spending a lot of time and energy on roster management for next year, discussing next year with players currently on their team, and there's already guys that are in the portal, so you know, I have no clue what to expect with anything when it comes to a Bowl game. But that would of course give them the chance to win four in a row and finish with ten wins. And if you finish with ten wins and you're in the playoff rankings every week that they've existed since Bram has been your coach, I'd say that you'd be able to claim that two years in you got a lot of momentum and the future still looks really, really bright. Now. I think Brom is probably gonna be a guy that is just gonna live with the portal every year. And I don't have a problem with that. Like, even when Louisville was losing games earlier this year, I don't really think it was because they got a bad batch of players in the portal, or and they got completely they were over sold or something like that. I mean, and I think Brom, just his personality and the way he goes about things, I can see him doing pretty well in the portal every year. And yes, there's gonna be guys that end up being not as good as you thought they were gonna be, or guys that you know are way better than you would have expected. Like Isaac Garrinde. I feel like he was just an ad on running back last year when he transferred to Louisville. He ended up being your best back when it was all said and done. So, you know, those that worry about recruiting rankings, I think in basketball and in football, recruiting rankings are still going to be something fans pay attention to, and if you can get really good young talent, you'll take it. But let's be real here, like emphasizing one way or the other, meaning, wow, can you believe we're what's going on? How are we ranked? You know, third to last in recruiting rankings right now? In football? I mean, if you're super negative about it, it's probably an overreaction because you can easily like that's not going to be a detriment to you if you do well in the portal and you retain guys on your roster that you know have proven that you want to keep them around. Same thing. On the other side, if you're doing scoreboard hanging banners for recruiting rankings now, I mean, it's never really meant anything unless you get results. But it means even less now because you don't win with just a bunch of freshmen. And that's really never been the case. That's never been the case in football. So you know, I bring this up because Louisville did lose a commit today from Indianapolis who flipped from Louisville to Indiana. We had somebody text in earlier and said, did you kick John off the show because Indiana is dominating and taking recruits from Louisville. I didn't kick him off of anything, but yeah, war in Central in Indiana, not Kentucky Edge Rusher, Tyrone Burst Junior flipped his commitment to Indiana earlier today, and you know that's not something you want to see. And yes, that does make it to where you have even more. You have even more. I guess need to do well in the portal if you're not bringing in as many freshmen. But if you do really well in the portal, if brom can keep up with what he's done the last two years and the only two years he's been here, and you can maybe get one or two guys that are freshmen that are really really talented, like an Isaac Brown, who is the best running back in I mean, he's the best freshman running back in the country. You can look at his numbers, he might be one of the best running backs in the country. That's I mean when you look at what he's done consistently with the amount of carries that he's received throughout the entire year. I mean, he's getting a decent workload, but his numbers are more impressive when you consider what he's done without being a guy that literally gets the ball forty times a game. So I think the recipe is that you retain guys you want to retain, like Ashton, Jealottie and Quincy Riley, those guys, Michael Gonzalez, and you bring in a freshman class, but the bigger emphasis on, the bigger emphasis is going to be on how are we going to do in the portal? And you know, bram has had a really highly ranked portal class each of the two times he's relied on the portal at Louisville. And if they go back to back years double digit wins and their roster was mostly relying on guys in the portal, what does that tell you he's pretty good in this new world of utilizing the transfer portal to build his roster and have success us. We also discussed a lot of basketball with Kent Spencer, who joined us around four o'clock. I recommend you go check out the podcast if you missed it, because it's always a great chat with Kent, And you know, we had to discuss things that don't make me happy. But you know, I got a job that I'm professional, believe it or not. Kentucky got the exact result against Duke that Louisville wanted against Tennessee, and I really don't think you could have scripted a better start for Mark Pope at Kentucky. I mean, he's checking all the boxes relating to the fans, making it clear that it's not going to be a Pope first program like it was a Calip Perry first program. And those things matter, especially when you consider the way cal handled things the last I mean, really he's been that way all along. He got a little more stubborn later on, but man, you got to see when he was winning at a high level, none of their fans cared that he was, you know, being cal But whenever you start to lose to bums and you're underwhelming and you have the three best shooters in program history and you can't get out of the first round as a three seed. Like That's when it becomes all right, this is we got to do something here. Something's got to give. So, you know, Pope doing all the things that Caliperry did wrong off the floor to you know not you know, no longer really have a great approval rating from his fan base. Pope's done the exact opposite and now he's winning. I mean again, who knows. Maybe Kentucky ends up being underwhelming this year, You really never know, but they dominated the two dud teams they played, and then they beat Duke. And again, I don't know if you could have scripted a better start for Mark Pope with Pat Kelcey, I think you could say the exact same thing until the Tennessee loss, and in our conversation that I had with Kent and really just the more time that passes since Saturday, I'm still willing to acknowledge. None of us know how the season's gonna go, and none of us really know how Louisville will be able to handle those types of games until you're in and other game like that. Now, fortunately you have or maybe it's unfortunately depending on how you look at it, if you're Pat Kelsey. But they're gonna be playing a lot of teams of Tennessee Tennessee's caliber. Maybe not teams that are as physical and that are such a bad matchup for you, but teams that are believed to be really good. You're gonna play a lot of them in the next, you know, six weeks or so. So we're gonna find out if they're making improvements when it comes to how to execute and have better results than what they had against Tennessee. So I'm not ready to say, man, we should just expect trus met. Look, none of us know how they're gonna respond. They didn't mean they in real time on Saturday afternoon. We're experiencing something that you couldn't replicate in practice. There's not even there's been no ounce of adversity or any real challenge from anybody. And then they went out there against Tennessee and Tennessee just was that much better in every way.
Speaker 1: Breaking news, and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 3: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never ordinary at bet Boss five Gambling problem call one in hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 5: Black Friday is coming.
Speaker 6: And for the adults in your life.
Speaker 5: Who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button make bark quality cosmopolitans Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a one hundred off amazing toys. I't just put the kids get one hundred off of cocktail Maker when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday. Visit Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A R T s I a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 4: So you know, I'm not down on Louisville basketball by any means. As far as thinking that we now need to reset expectations and just expect this team to not be a tournament team, I still think that you have the pieces to where you can make the tournament. Now will it happen? None of us know, And unfortunately, the next two games aren't gonna give you much of an indicator. But I'm sure these guys want to get that bad taste out of their mouth. They got Bellerman next week, a game they should win by a lot. Bellerman's really struggling Winthrop. I don't know a whole lot about them, but doesn't matter. You're now, as Austin pointed out earlier, you're now in a new era to where like it's always been for Louisville basketball. Other than the previous era. It doesn't matter if Winthrop's good for Winthrop, you're Louisville, like, you're gonna take care of business. You're not gonna lose to them, at least, you know, I hope not. I don't think they will. But when they take off of the Bahamas around Thanksgiving, that's when you get to see, Okay, how much did they really take, like how much did they learn from the Tennessee game? How able are they to handle that kind of a situation when you're out there against those kind of teams and look, talent always matters, but there's all kinds of teams that have better talent than the opponent at night in and night out, and they lose. I mean, Louisville basketball the last couple of years, that was the exact story. Louisville did not go four in twenty eight and eight and whatever it was because of players. I mean, I think we all know that. So if Louisville does end up beating Indiana, and let's say they beat I don't know, West Virginia, and then they lose to whoever else they go to and one in the Bahamas, again, easier said than done. And let's say they come back in the beat Ole miss who will be their first opponent when they return from Bahamas and the acc SEC Challenge. I mean, I'm not saying this to kind of you know who know And again I'm not even saying this stuff that these results are going to play out that way, but I would be willing to tell you that they beat teams that actually had more talent on them. So it happens often. So like that's one of the things that I keep getting from people in the text line that I'm worried because Tennessee showed that we're not nearly as good as them, and we played teams that are going to be a lot more talented than us, and I'm worried it's going to be a long season. Nick, Well, who knows. Maybe you're right, but you can beat teams that have more talent than you. Now, again, there's really no way to know the exact level, right, there's not a meter on every player out there as far as their talent level. But talent meets nothing if it's if you're not executing and you're not ready to play. In fact, there's a lot of guys that have so called talent that never do anything. Talent's probably one of the most overused words when it comes to sports, and it's such a gray area because maybe people mean talent differently, but yet that word gets thrown out their NonStop. And this leads me to my next text I wanted to read. This came out on the Ellenn Federal Credit Union text line five two six five three zero seven nineties the number if you want to join us. But he says, Nick, you called it after seeing what Tennessee did to us. I'm not watching. I'm now watching guys that transferred out that I know could really help us this season. I really wish Pat Kelsey would have considered keeping at least three of them. We talked about it last week, and you're right. I mean, I don't know if I called it and what I said last week or maybe it was earlier this week. I think it might have been Monday, was that. It may sound crazy to say this, but I believe it. Louisville last year and the year before when it comes to just god given talent, athleticism, raw and natural ability, those two teams that went four and twenty eight and eight and whatever, they'll go down as two of the worst, if not the two worst teams in the history of the program. But they are more talented than the team that Louisville has this year. Maybe not by wide margin, but you saw what that got you. Whenever it's not working and there's not a system in place and there's not a coach that holding people accountable, there's not a leader in charge. So you know, I didn't didn't. I didn't say that to invite you to go watch the guys who left and think about what could have been had they stuck around, because the way I mean it made total sense for that to play out the way it did. All the players wanted a fresh start, and that's understandable. And if you're Pat Kelsey, you're not gonna beg guys to stick around whenever you know that whatever was going on here is simply not gonna fly with the way you're running your program. But yeah, JJ Trainor had a big night for de Paul the other night. A long athletic, big experienced guy who really there's not a guy like that on this team for the Louisville cayleb Glenn. He's coming off the bench for FAU, but he's having a lot of success. He's got a pretty important role energy. The motor never stops with Caleb. So could those guys potentially stuck around and given this team a little more talent, a little more depth than athleticism. Sure, but I think one you can't do anything about it now. But I know I reiterated this many many times last year because what from the beginning, we knew this was gonna be Kenny's last year, and the conversation, probably starting in January, was all right, who do you want to keep? Who do you hope sticks around with the new coach? Who do you hope that the new coach just you know, tries to convince to stay. I mean, it was a talking point for the majority of the season because of how bad things were going. And yeah, there were guys that I would have, you know, been okay with if they stuck around, but I it made total sense for every player involved to read the room and just know that I need a friend start. This has been really a traumatic, toxic experience. One guy that I did not expect at all to you know, to have success, that is having success, Kuran Davis. I don't know if anybody has paid attention, and I think a lot of people know who Kuran Davis is. But if you don't, I guess I kind of get that too, because he never played a second for Louisville in a game, but he became a big talking point last year because of the unusual way in which Kenny Payne dealt with Kran Davis. And yet nobody seems to really know exactly what led to him being kicked off the team, and then he wasn't in trouble. I mean, that was a disastrous situation. Really, that was of the many things that were a disaster. The way that was handled was really a bad look for everybody involved. Then it really you know, starts with Kenny. But Kuran Davis hit twenty four points on nine to fifteen from the field for Louisiana Lafiette last week. I did not have that as as. I mean, I would have believed you if you told me Caron Davis never played college basketball. But he looked not only I mean, he was productive, but if you watch the highlights, it's a guy that's got a lot of ability. We're talking about a six six guard that's athletic, has good range, he's got some tools offensively, and we never got to see him play. Probably wouldn't have mattered, because again, you could have had Michael Jordan in his prime playing for Kenny Payin. I'm not sure would have meant much of anything. And I'm not exaggerating to be honest with you. So you know I don't have any feeling at all towards those guys and seeing them have success like it doesn't make me bitter. It doesn't make me wish they were here. But you know, if you are somebody that feels differently and you think otherwise, I'm not telling you wrong. It's just I knew all along that the likely scenario was that there's gonna be a new coach here and it's gonna be an entirely new team, and that's what we have. All right, let's take a quick break here. I want to manage this clock a little better than I have the first couple of hours, so we'll go and take a quick break here. We'll talk about a lot of things before we finished up. I do want to get to this survey that the Athletic did that had some surprises for me as far as how people are consuming their college football coverage this year, So we can certainly get to that and some non sports stuff, some nonsense. As I like to say that I want to get into. There's a great breakdown going back. You know, many generations. As far as how couples met, no surprise, you know, the Internet didn't used to exist. But the way in which that's how like most people who are married today met, it's not a surprise. It's just you know, I can't relate. All right, quick break, don't go anywhere. It's coffee and company. Feel about Thorton's on Sportstock seven.
Speaker 6: Ninety Now back to coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 4: All right, real quick before we roll along. This is another text that came in that I wanted to get real quickly here because I know there are people who are anxiously waiting to see how pack Kelsey's first recruiting class comes together. Again, Just like I said about football, there's not as much of a necessity in the freshman classes anymore, just because you know you can use the portal. However, you know, as we've learned, you need a good balance, right, I mean, if you have a young talent that may have some youthful mistakes throughout, maybe still cutting their teeth at this level, but they're playing alongside veterans. That could be a really good balance for you when you get to maybe January February. But this text says, with commitment time coming, don't you think that an upset against Tennessee would have potentially helped Kelsey land his first recruit in twenty twenty five? No way of knowing that. I mean, I hear what you mean. That would have been a splash, But to my knowledge, there's real quick I know I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. Given what we're talking about. Pack Kelse not getting elite recruits in his first year at Louisville is understandable. I wish he would get them, and maybe he will end up signing some some good players, but I mean proof of concept. Folks like Pat Kelsey is new to this level. He probably wasn't getting a whole lot of FaceTime with five star recruits when he was at Charleston. And I'm sure he can make a good impression. But for these guys to pull the trigger and say that's where I want to go.
Speaker 1: Breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 3: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 1: And see why it's never ordinary at bet basis five gambling problem calling one in hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 5: Black Friday is coming, and for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and under thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad. Get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get one hundred off a cocktail maker. When you spend four hundred through cyber Monday, visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail. That's b A r T s I a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 4: I think it is understandable that they're gonna want to see what he does at this level before they decided to come to Louisville. Or maybe they just want a lot of money, and Louisl's got a lot of Nile money, so you know, I just if they don't end up getting a top twenty class in his first year's first time putting together a class, I mean that doesn't mean that you know, he's guaranteed to do it the next year, but like that to me, that I mean that makes sense because again, proof of concept is a real thing now. I think one of the recruits that Mark Pope landed here recently, one of his most recent commitments, that's a big time recruit. But it's also a guy that like for Kentucky like that in a different world, wasn't somebody they'd be over the moon about. And the other two guys that they got credit to Pope for taking advantage of it, But those guys probably would not have gone to Kentucky if it wasn't for Pope, and they were from Kentucky, so you know, and Kentucky has still been really good at getting players even though it wasn't Pope doing it. So, like I know, people are going to do the comparison, and I'm not here to tell you that a calm down. In a couple of years, Pat Kelsey's going to be bringing in five star after five star. None of us know. But if you really give it some thought, like recruits their families, they could love Pat Kelsey but not be willing to pull the trigger because you know, they want to see proof of concept, proof of Okay, yeah, I hear what you're selling, but I would like to have seen you do it at Louisville a little bit before I decide to come and play for you. Makes sense now, MIKEL. Brown Junior, I don't know where Louisville. I mean, last I had I talked to somebody last week who would know that said that he was the highest ranked recruit that they felt pretty good about. I believe might have been Trillie Donovan or maybe Travis Branham, who covered recruiting for twenty four seven Sports, mentioned that Louisville was in good shape there and if they had to guess, that's where they would assume he would end up. He's a point guard from from Florida and he's the number seven player in America. So he did visit Louisville earlier this year, and he's also considering Kentucky, but they've landed enough guards to where I would imagine he probably wouldn't go there. Ole Miss and Chris Beard appeared to be the biggest competition there, so you know, we'll see. You know, I don't want to act like a cruiting doesn't matter at all anymore, because it does. You want young I mean, you need if you can go get elite level freshmen, you need more than just that. But yeah, any any coach in the country would take an elite level freshmen if they can go get them. All right, So let's see here, Yeah, make sure I've got the right link. So the Athletic, which makes sense the Athletic. When I go to the Athletics website, it now shows New York Times, and it made me remember that New York Times actually acquired The Athletic long ago, and for the first time ever, it's actually a profitable website. And by the way, I never I don't. I don't even I don't even have any friends that work there anymore. I used to have a couple of buddies that work there, and they've since moved on to do other things, So I'm not This is not a plug that I'm getting paid for. This is not a paid endorsement. But if you're gonna pay, you know, a few bucks a month for premium content like writing and coverage and journalism, the Athletic is worth it. Like they do really really good work. And I know this day and age, you can you can get info anywhere without paying because people screenshot and it's just I don't know how anybody that does the pay model thinks they're going to be able to survive on that alone. But nonetheless, the Athletic does really good work. And they did this for the third straight year where they have asked college football fans readers of their website who consume a lot of college football content that they crank out. They asked them a handful of questions, and I just found these results to be pretty interesting. Again, I'll read directly from the article. It says our third annual College Football TV survey for the Athletic Readers. More than thirty seven hundred people were involved, from up from thirty one hundred a year ago. So thirty seven hundred people participated in this survey, and here are the results when it comes to the network that they prefer for a national game broadcast. So imagine watching the biggest college football matchup of the weekend, and sometimes they end up on ESPN, sometimes they end up on Fox. Sometimes they end up on NBC or CBS. No surprise, ESPN got the bulk of the volts, the bulk of the votes with sixty seven point eight percent, and then CBS got fifteen point three percent. Now I I would have I mean, I'm in the minority here. I actually think Fox. I love their coverage. I don't you know, I'm not necessarily a huge Big ten fan, so I don't watch a whole lot of it, but when I do, I'm always reminded that Fox has just as good a production value, in fact better than the ESPN if I'm being honest, and I think their analysts are really good, but they just don't usually have games that I'm really all that interested in. And they got Gus Johnson Joel Kladd. That's a good duo. It's not you know, it's not Herb Street and Fowler, but they're really good. In fact, I kind of prefer Fox. Not that I'm anti Herbstreet or anything like that. It's just you know, little variety every now and then. All right, So the conference network that was really close, forty six percent said that the SEC network does the best job. Forty two and a half percent said the Big ten. The ACC network only got eleven percent. Not a real surprise. There some other questions and I'm like to read the entire thing here, but as far as the best broadcast announcer team in a landslide, it was Fowler, Herb Street in Holly Row. I'm not surprised. But again I'm telling you, Gus Johnson, Joe Klatt, Jenny Taff they're probably better than you realize. I'm hot take.
Speaker 7: I don't love Gus Johnson as much as everybody else does.
Speaker 4: Well, it's hard to match the love that people have for him because people who love him really love him, and I'm with you sometimes it's a little you know, I've never bothered by him being you know, theatrical, because that's really what he mean. He brings a lot of energy, that's his thing. But you know, the in between is is not you know, it's whatever. It's not terrible, but it's you know, he he really wows you when he's screaming in a big moment and saying the exact thing that needs to be said. In between. You know, I can take here to leave it. I'll tell you who I really like. He's a little you know, he's a little much at times when he gets too excited. But everything else I think is really good. And I think he enhances a broadcast to where I feel like I'm watching a big time game that everybody else is into. And then it's Joe Test Joe Tessitur is great. There's a reason he was picked he was picked up. I mean, he's perfect for w W E raw right, and that's why the hired him. Fos don't know that he's not only doing big time college football games with Jesse Palmer and our own Katie George. He's also doing Monday at Raw, isn't it every week? Yeah, he's he's there like lead guy. Now. Yeah, they came in at number five with just four percent, And I think Joe Test Jesse Palmer probably is the most underrated trio that you could pick pick from him. Yeah, I mean I kind of felt like, before I really got a good dose of Jesse Palmer on TV, I thought I would find him to be, you know, a pretty boy that I would be annoyed by because he's probably way too handsome and you know, could see him being a snob. But he's actually been really good as far as let's see here. There's one about McAfee that I wanted to, uh to get to because him. Yeah. So it says pregame shows, do you prefer ESPN's College Game Day or Fox's Big Noon Kickoff? Eighty four percent said College Game Day? And I get it. I can't tell you that I've watched a whole lot of Big Noon Kickoff, but they're they're they're getting such a late start to try to compete with something that has become such a fixture within college football, that it's gonna they could be great, and it would probably not show in these surveys for a long time, just because again, like game day got better with saving, they got better by getting rid of who was it they got? They got, they got the boot. I can't think of who it was? A guy played from Michigan.
Speaker 7: Oh, Desmond Howard?
Speaker 4: No, not him? Or he's still on that? No, who's the who's the shorter guy? It's gonna drive me crazy. He didn't you know, he wasn't terrible, but he just didn't bring a whole lot to it. And saving is you know, saving, But this is that They asked a direct question, and I forgot that this was this was actually some controversial. This was somewhat controversial last year. They asked these who participated in the survey, how do you feel about Pat McAfee on college game Day? Like it, don't like it? No opinion? The leading choice was don't like it forty two point five percent interesting, thirty seven percent said like it. Twenty percent though, which isn't that far off, said they don't really it's whatever, no opinion. They don't, you know, take it or leave it as far as how they feel about Nick Saban, eighty percent said they like it, thirteen percent said they had no opinion, and then the rest was just don't like it. So clearly Saban has has a pretty good approval rating. But Pat McAfee last year he publicly expressed how much it bothered him that he was not like a unanimous approval. In fact, it was now he's yeah. It says here that the percentage of respondents who don't like his contribution to the show it dropped from forty eight point nine percent to forty two percent, so you know, he actually is doing better, but still the majority of people who are asked say they don't care for him on game day. And I kind of get it. I can't act like I hate mat, like McAfee doesn't do much for me one way or the other. And I get why his different way of going about it in that position is so appealing to many because it's just so different than what you're accustomed to for you know, people who do this. Sure, and in the game day pro pro pro audience.
Speaker 7: That he's yeah, that's him, I mean that's I feel like you can either go extreme one way or the other way with Pat McAfee.
Speaker 4: If you really like him or you don't. Yeah, and I I don't. Here's here's and again everybody's different, you know, not being as somebody who's not in any way close to the position. And I'll never be in the position that McAfee's in. But you know, I do have a platform. My job is to be a radio host and a broadcaster. And therefore, like I try not to publicly say that I do and don't like certain people to do it, because you know, it's really just about preference. You can be really good, like Pat McAfee could be great, and he is great. Look at look at his approval rating from his bosses. He makes a lot of money. But just because I'm not necessarily a big fan, it's not my cup of tea, doesn't mean that somebody's good or bad. It's just preference. Everybody's got their own preferences. So again, I'm not Disinpat McAfee. But one thing that has stood out to me is that I don't know where the entertainment value is. Like he's against the grain. He's different than most. He doesn't wear sleeves, he stands up, he curses, he you know, like I get it that he's different, but I don't get the entertainment value right. Like, I'll be honest with you, I think McAfee has a much bigger audience because of where he's at now. But I think he's very much a barstool sports kind of guy, but not nearly as entertaining. That's the way I see it. But again it's just me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just I mean, you hit the nail on the head, it's the against the grain, it's the customer, Like you got his I'm sure you heard the LSU chant that he got going. And he's got people saying that he's got Nick Saban coming out and saying the S word and stuff, and it's brought that kind of that that it's brought that kind of personality out of some people that's that's around him. But I personally don't even love him that much. Even on the WWE programming. I think he's kind of a little bit way too much now as as a love and respect for the game and the sport of pro wrestling, it is a sport. Shout out wrestling, shout out the wrestling. Like I understand the crossover in the eyes that it brings to the product. So I'm not mad at that. I just think that he is he's a little bit too much sometimes. I don't know if that's just me being like the old transitioning to the old man phase, but it's just kind of too much for me.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, here's the thing where he is going to appeal and have success is being the guy that he's always been. So at times I think he just it's just a little too much. Like sometimes you can just be chilling, man, you don't have to be so you know, animated. I will say this, I have a lot of respect for Nick Saban doing content as much as he's doing. It's not just Game Day. By the way, Pat McAfee has Saban on his show every Friday for like an hour or longer. I think and and it it's an interesting blend, but it actually, you know, say been leans into it. He doesn't, you know, because you'd ask me two years ago if I could see Nick Saban doing an hour's long broadcast with Pat mcabey, I would have said, absolutely not. There's no scenario he would want to be in his presence. But Saban's really become likable, and I think it's kind of always been that way. But he just didn't have a whole lot of personality, and you know, he was on top of the sport and a lot of people wanted to take Bama down, and unfortunately not many were able to do that. Last one and then I'll and then we need to get to a quick break here. This is one that really isn't surprising, but it's it's a tell as to where we how quickly things have changed when it comes to technology how we watch college football as far as how you how you connect to watch. Are you using satellite or cable? Are you a direct TV streamer or you know, Hulu Live for the first time since they've been doing this, And this doesn't represent everybody, but you know, it wouldn't shock me if you if you literally had the ability to get every single answer from college football fans how they watch it. They're court cutters, most of them. Forty percent of people who watch college football are watching it on YouTube TV, thirty seven point seven percent is cattle cattle cable and satellite, and then it's a big drop off after that you've got Hulu Plus and then DirecTV streams. So the cord cutters, I mean, I don't consider it cord cutting because again, it's just the norm for me now to just tune in and watch. You know, you have a guide. I mean, the only difference is that you're relying on the internet. If you have good internet, you really don't notice that anymore. So, all right, real quick shout out to our listeners who support our sponsors, because I had its text yesterday that came in after the show. I guess it was a podcast listener who went into a little more detail than I would have wanted him to, but he let me know Bluetoo works, and I knew that already, but he's somebody who was willing to you know, Hey, I don't think I need it, but man, I'll try it if it's going to make things better. And it did it for him, so it can do it for you. Blue Chew it's a unique online prescription service. They have a little pill that's in chewable tablet. It's delicious and it gives you the same active ingredients as Biagra and Cialis, but at a fraction of the costs. You're gonna save a lot of money. And again, fellas, you might need it in order to be able to, you know, get the job done and that's okay, that's life that happens. And you'll save a lot of money by going through blue Choo rather than going through you know, the others that are that are falling behind blue Cheo. But what I want to convey is that it doesn't just it's not just for those who have to have it. It's for those who want to enhance an experience that's already great, taking something that is phenomenal and making it even better, not just for you, but for your partner. So you can try it for free for a month. Fellows. That's that is how much they trust their product. I mean, that's that tells you they know that you're gonna like the way it works for you. So blue choo dot com you used to promote code Nick seven ninety. When you check out, all you got to do is pay five bucks shipping and you get one month free promo code Nick seven ninety a Bluehoo dot com five bucks shipping is it and then you get a month free to try it. You're gonna love it. Blue choot chew it and do it. Quick break will come back and wrap this thing up on the other side, keep it locked right here on sportstock seven ninety.
Speaker 6: Now back to coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 4: That's right, we were wrapping it up here on a Thursday afternoon, and again tonight in the NFL. I'm gonna take the Eagles minus four. Not as confident as I've been in other games, but I'm but I'm doing it. And then tonight in in college hoops, some decent games. Apparently I had I had the I had the wrong day pulled up because there are some good games tomorrow night that would surprise you, because we usually don't get great games on a Friday night. But in college hoops, I'm actually more confident in this one than I am in the NFL game. But I got Eagles minus four. And then in the UH on the college hoops side of things, I'm actually gonna take Chattanooga minus eleven and a half against Morehead State. Okay, if you know, you know Morehead State. We saw what they were when they came to Louisville last week, and then Chattanooga really well coached and they're losing guys in the portal like everybody else at that level, but they're still rolling along, so I know, it's a lot of points, but they're at home and I think they're a lot better. So Chattanooga minus eleven and a half. Alright, real quick, before we get out of here, let me remind you what's get about my friends over there at Jefferson Animal Hospital. If you have a pet, more likely than not you're gonna have an issue with your pet at some point, health related. That's sad and it's unfortunate, but it's life. It's what happens. So if you've never taken your pet anywhere because they've always been healthy, just know that you should get them checked out. Check Ups are normal for everybody involved, and they're there twenty four hours a day, three hundred and sixty five days a year, so Jefferson Nimal Hospital. You can visit them online at Jefferson Vets dot com and give them a call BABO to nine hundred pets. All Right, we're out of time. Everybody, Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Speaker 2: Breaking news coming in from Bet three six five, where every nail biting, overtime win, breakaway, pick six three point shot, underdog win, buzzer beater, shoot out, walk off, and absolutely every play in between is amazing from football to basketball, and hockey to baseball. Whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At Bet three six five gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia