Speaker 1: Tiler, the Channe nine first one one to fourcast Heat Advisor you in effect until eight p m. Why it's going to be hot today, very humid, going up to ninety one. Afternoon storms are a possibility. Overnight lo was seventy four with clear sky. Tomorrow ninety two sunny, heat, humidity of horse and afternoon showers and storms again a possibility overnight mostly clouds and seventy five and Sunday say it again, it would be mostly cloudy. These showers and storms are possible in the afternoon. It'll be high of ninety seventy seven degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update from the UCL Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 2: You'll find comprehensive care that's personal, make sure best tomorrow possible, that's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you seehelp dot com. High wait traffic and pretty good shape. North found seventy five was slowing a bit at the lateral, not at the moment, and saying for southbound two seventy five was slowing approaching the Carell Cropper Bridge. But even that looks better from the Lawrence perd ram I think ramon fifty five KRSD talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven p thirty seven thirty one fifty five KRCD talk station. And been looking forward to this moment in time, knowing full well that Patty is going to be back in the studio. That'd be Patty Scott from one of my favorite charities at Heart number four Seniors, heartfor Seniors dot org. Check out the website uh TO five oh one C three nonprofit and it stands for Healthcare Evolution, Alert Responsive Technology and what they do is fund research and development for advanced alert response technologies to help offset the substantial cost that follows from incontinence. For example, a senior in an assisted living facility wallowing in their own urine feces results in massive problems, uncomfortable. Absolutely, healthcare problems abound. Yes, there is a quick, easy and affordable solution for all that, and Heart for Seniors delivers on that. But they do so much more, as we've learned, Patty, it is always a pleasure seeing you and your smiling face. Welcome back. I understand you've got some good news for us today, Brian.
Speaker 3: We have so much good news, so much good news, I don't even know where to start. First of all, your listeners are amazing and I always.
Speaker 1: Give my listeners a big props and I appreciate that well.
Speaker 3: But I love them because that's what we're here for, is to help them. And let me tell you, it's hard to navigate out there the healthcare system.
Speaker 1: A oh really, Yeah, healthcare is complicated.
Speaker 4: It's very complicated.
Speaker 3: And you know, us in this wonderful age group here, we're kind of navigating both sides of things, from our children to our parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know, it's been really interesting since we've been on in the last several months, and I kind of have to share with you because it's been tough. And this is exactly why we're here, and this is what I want to share with you, the success of what's occurred. And it kind of ties back into the Cunningham which your favorite people by the way they were.
Speaker 1: They came over to my mom's house because I gave them a contribution, And if you contribute to Heart for Seniors, you'll get a little visit from the Cunningham sisters, who are absolutely not just adorable, but they are so amazingly talented. They did a couple of a cappella numbers from my mom. Oh, my god. She was so moved by that. Oh and they were so friendly and charming and just filled with like honest love. You know, you can see when someone's faking it. Those girls do not fake it. What they do comes from their heart, and it does. It's a pleasure to behold it does.
Speaker 3: So let me kind of share with you. One thing that Heart for Seniors does is we're just trying to fix things and become solutions. And especially for your listeners, you know, we're getting messages every single hour upon hour upon people.
Speaker 4: Needing help and resources.
Speaker 3: So yes, it's about the alert response technology, yeah, but it's also about helping people find solutions because it's just so hard to navigate. So everything from I don't know how to change a YouTube.
Speaker 4: I need help with some moond care.
Speaker 3: I don't really know how to get my mom over to dialysis. I've been trying this agency and they don't take my mom's insurance. I don't know what to do. I have to work, we have all this post operative care. It's just it's really so stressful. It's so stressful.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and it persually extra stressful because you're talking about probably someone who is your mom or dad, a loved one, someone you care profoundly and deeply about. So you're really desperately trying to find answers to these questions.
Speaker 3: And imagine even in the summer months, if you're the care team and you're about to go off of vacation and you don't have anybody to stay at home, and or you're taking your kids off to college or whatever the case may be, your parents are five hours away, six hours away. So let me just share with you something local that occurred that has transitioned into this that now has really something cool that's connected the Cunningham sister. So, the Cunningham sister's mother, as you all know because they've talked about it, has been at a veteran's hospital for twenty plus years. She's a nurse and has all kinds of psych history as well as just patient advocacy, respite care, you name it from a nursing perspective, she has clinical background to do it. Many weeks ago, we got a phone call from a very he's going to be coming on the show next month, a very well known basketball college coach locally.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: His father was in Georgia had transferred from a hospital to a short term care facility. That was a very very bad experience. They were basically just drugging him with a drug to keep him. Just stated we had to get him up here for them normal transport you call the companies things like that.
Speaker 4: Fourteen fifteen thousand dollars. Oh horrible.
Speaker 3: The bigger issue is he was now on dialysis and had anthem. Do you realize there's not many facilities that do dialysis and or take anthem. Oh, that in itself just completely freaked him out. Can you imagine wanting to move somebody here, your loved one. You can't put him in your house because of situations and issues. He's incontinent, so he knew he needed our system. And two, but where do you put him? Because every facility he called they either had dialysis but they didn't have anthem, or they had anthem but they didn't have dialysis. Long story short, Tara has now branched out and has partnered with Hartford Seniors. She actually has called Care by Tara. She is fully offering all services. So we actually flew down this person. This head coach hired her. We flew down. There's so many complicated things when you go to transport a senior much less out of a nursing home. There's wellness checks that have to take place. There's doctor's notes Delta. Thank god, I'm not promoting them, but they were amazing to work with. Did you know you have to fill prescriptions after you leave a facility. You have to go to a clinic to actually fill a prescription, before you get onto a flight, before you cross state lines. There's so many checklists and things that have to take place. And it was like this Navy seal mission that took place that we all got done in a twelve hour period of time with Coach.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it is amazing.
Speaker 3: What was amazing, though, Brian was once we broke him out of there, he was just like it's sunlight and he was reading signs and he was so happy.
Speaker 1: Because he wasn't in a drug induced koma anymore.
Speaker 4: And but what was so amazing.
Speaker 1: I just I tell you we're out of time. I don't want to get the Harry eyeball from Joe. So we will continue on this track and we'll have more good news to deliver from from Patty Heart Number four Seniors dot Org. Help them out. You'll be doing a world of good for folks in these situations seven point thirty eight. If if five k C detalk station USA Insallation, you'd be doing yourself a world of good by calling for the free quote, free inspection under insulated and no insallation homes. USA's Premium Phone, made right here in Ohio, the highest our value phone in the market, will guarantee you savings if you're using your HVAC systems, you will get savings month to month, maybe even more than the cost of the insulation, which is ninety nine dollars a month interest free. You get a twelve dollars energy tax credit next year two from the federal government when you're doing your taxes all the right reasons. Guaranteed improvement and comfort, you'll notice that day one and month to month savings, and substantially it will be so improve your your home life. Get USA's Premium Phone three eight one three six two sixty five one three three eight one phone. Learn more online check it out at USA Insallation dot.
Speaker 4: At fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Did you know even the smallest increasing ten and nine weather Forecast Heat Advisor in effectual eight pm today, very hot, very human ninety one with a chance of afternoon showers over night low seventy four, mostly clear, another mostly sunny day, a lot of humidity and heat.
Speaker 1: Ninety two for the High. Tomorrow with showers of storms in the afternoon, clouds over night seventy five and a mostly cloudy Sunday ninety for the High, and again a chance of afternoon showers seventy six degrees. Right now. Time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UC Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: You see health.
Speaker 2: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u sehealth dot com. North Bend seventy five slopes just of it between Buttermilk and Kyle's right now North and southbound seventy five doing fine between the lateral and the Reagan Highway. Different story about eleven o'clock tonight when you'll be down to just one lane for the weekend thanks to construction. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR Seed the Talk State Sure.
Speaker 1: Forty fifty five KR City Talk Station, Heart number four Seniors dot org help them out up a right hand corner on the website. Donate because you'd be doing a world of good for seniors in assisted living facilities, but also beyond that, and Patty Patty Scott from Hart for Seniors in studio to add to the good news. Now, we previously talked about the nursing homes and assisted living facilities Alzheimer's dimension facilities where there are so few people handling so many patients. They have a scheduled check, they go to a room on schedule, they see they check the diaper and see, okay, it's dry, but they walk out the door and that's when the diaper gets soiled. But they don't show back up to that room for another fifteen to twenty hours or whatever the rotation is. Meanwhile, that person is living in misery. It can cause complications health. We've talked about that multitude of times. That's in senior living facilities. What new development do you have for my listeners who are caring for a loved one in that condition in their homes, Patty.
Speaker 3: So we've been telling you we've been working on We knew the technology would work at home, but we wanted to make sure that we've been testing it and making sure we didn't have any issues because our biggest issues is we knew it would work inside the house, but people leave to go to doctor's appointments, right and right right, they're mobile, and so we needed to make sure that not only did it work for the caregiver inside the home, but if they left to go to the doctor's offices and things, things wouldn't click off and they would be mobile with them on their phone as well.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to visually bring with you.
Speaker 3: It's hard for your listeners to see and understand, but I wanted you to see how tiny a.
Speaker 1: Pack of playing cards. It's the size of a pack of playing cards. It's a computer that plugged into your device, and that's it. That's it. It's this small.
Speaker 3: But if you saw the inside of it and saw how complicated it looks, it's it's literally the coolest thing ever. It'll plug straight into a router and we if you don't have your own smart phone, you'll get a smartphone, so it'll be provided. If you don't, it's all covered and there's an app and we'll teach you.
Speaker 4: It's so simple.
Speaker 3: You buy the briefs, obviously, which are the smart briefs. They talk to it and so on and so forth. A risk wearable which does the pul sox, the heart rate, the whole nine yards. What's really, really, really super cool is when you leave the home with your loved one to go to the doctor's office, that obviously little computer router technology system of ours stays in your home. You don't take it. Everything transfers over onto that smartphone.
Speaker 4: You take that with you.
Speaker 3: It remains remains in contact, the data remains there. And what the next phase of that will be, which is we're really excited about, is all that data is living and we'll be able to, you know, share with your healthcare provider, with your loved one's healthcare provider, like we'll have real data, live statistics that if they want to see urinary patterns, right toileting patterns. Your dad is toileting at this time every single day, your mom is toileting at this time every day. They have had a bow movement, they haven't had a bow movement. When was the last time they had one? What is their pulsex? When is their pull sox dropping? What's their heart rate throughout the day? I mean, does anybody know what their heart rate is throughout the day if they're not really monitoring, especially like my dad who's eighty eight. An Apple Watch doesn't work on him because his pull sox drops below ninety and an Apple Watch won't cover below ninety. It's mostly just for healthy people. And my dad's pul sox can drop to forty four sadly if he drops off his oxygen at night and he takes it off or doesn't realize he takes it off. So alert response technology is so incredibly important.
Speaker 1: Well, this also works with diabetic diabetes levels.
Speaker 3: Well that's interesting because we actually, we actually are working. We've reached out to Abbot because a lot of people in nursing homes have the Libra, but the Libra can't talk to the system yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, it talks to their system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it just sits.
Speaker 3: In the room and it doesn't alert, and it's one of the biggest frustrations nurses have. So we're we're trying to get a hold of some people at Abbot to say, hey, we already have the system. Can we just connect in and let it talk right exactly? This just work with us, Just let it connect in. I don't know if you have any Abbot connections out there, but if they can, if they can call, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 4: We just I mean, we're trying.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 3: Again, we don't it doesn't have to be our proprietary software.
Speaker 4: Quite honestly.
Speaker 3: If there's other software that people have that is incredibly important for somebody's health, call us and we can fit it into the ecosystem. Again, it's important for us to be very responsive alert response technology.
Speaker 1: Let's pluster. We'll bring Patty back for one more. We'll also Catcher sells a crime stopper, bad guy or gals the case maybe of the week. That'll be an next. Let me first mention though, Chimneycare fireplace and stove. You wood burners out there, you got a wood burning fireplace, you got a chimney attached to it, haven't inspected. Chimneycare Fireplace is stove of offering a special right now for my woodburning friends. It's kreus. So it build ups the problem folks that'll catch on fire. Eventually you'll have a chimney fire, chimney fire that could burn your house down. Yeah, we're talking safety here, and what a perfect time of year, as hot and human as it is to take care of safety. So you can light your fire in the fireplace this fall when the temperatures dropped, knowing full well that you won't have a chimney fire, certified chimney sweep will come out, do a video camera inspection of your entire chimney and do a sweep, thorough sweep and evaluation. You'll be safe so you can enjoy that fire. So the woodburning sweep and evaluation right now only one hundred and sixty nine dollars ninety nine cents plus tax one sixty nine ninety nine Chimney Care Fireplace in Stow, locally unoperated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a better business bureau. Get in touch with them one of two ways call them five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred. Book your appointment online at Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Service to America Part number four Seniors dot orgs the website and Patti Scott from Hard for Seniors and Studio. What an amazing, amazing, amazing thing. Now this technology that you have in nursing home facilities memory care facilities now available for you in your home. Small device about the size of a pack of playing cards, which will monitor the smart underwear that your senior has to make sure there's no incontinence issues. It keeps all this data you just talked about, reams and realms of very important data that your doctor, physician, other healthcare providers can use. And what amazing peace of mind you mentioned. You can leave the home and they will report the activity to your smartphone. And I was thinking along the lines of, Wow, if you've got an outside caretaker coming into your home, you might have the same worries and concerns that you would have if you have a senior in an assistant living facility. Are they really taking care of my loved one? Or are they watching TV and playing on the smartphones? You'll know you get an alert on your phone, you can call them up and say, hey, Dad needs his underwear chain or he's having an issue with his oxygen level.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, let me tell you what else is really cool about that.
Speaker 3: Let's say we're in ten facilities right right now. But let's say that somebody one of your listeners has their parents in a facility.
Speaker 4: That we're not in. Oh yeah, okay, but they want this.
Speaker 3: This technology in the room that they're loved ones in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 3: We set up their room as if it's their home. We can train their nurse. Right, that's in there straight. We just put it right on their phone. It's an app right and it's alert responds technology, so.
Speaker 4: It's very simple.
Speaker 3: We're getting extra specially doesn't have right, doesn't have to be an entire facility, can just be a single individual patient.
Speaker 1: Although if you are an assisted facility manager, you're the personal response before it. Maybe an owner of assisted living facility, you really really want this technology. It will improve the lives of your patients. You'll have a much higher review rate. You'll have a much more satisfied group of family members who are probably constantly worried about whether Dad or Mom's being checked on properly. Maybe they're the ones that discover that no, Dad's been laying in his own feces now for the last six hours. Thank god I came in to visit them, so I can raise three forms of Holy Hell with the staff members. This makes it all easy.
Speaker 3: Or they've taken their oxygen off and there spo two drops to sixty, or maybe an insolent shot has been given when it shouldn't have been given.
Speaker 1: Potential liability issues there that you can avoid by adopting this technology. Yeah, put my lawyer cap on on that one. There's just so many reasons and I can't thank you and everybody in all that hard for seniors for just for doing what you're doing.
Speaker 4: We can't thank you enough for giving us the exposure.
Speaker 3: Your listeners were here to help, like they're the best, and they reach out and we want to help.
Speaker 4: We want to help them, We want to be a resource.
Speaker 1: And consider that story you told earlier about the local basketball coach and his father and the struggles they had getting them removed from that facility and up to where they were going to be taken care of. You helped deal with that problem as well, so a variety of services. It's easy to reach them. Heart four Seniors Heart the number four seniors dot org. Please check out their website, check out what they do, and you know, I strongly encourage you to make a donation. That contribution would huge, huge return on investment for a lot of people out there in the world. Patty, God bless you and everything you do. You always make my day when you show up.
Speaker 4: God bless you.
Speaker 1: Brian and Hug the Cunningham Sisters for me.
Speaker 3: I will, and hey, don't forget for all those donations, they get a nice.
Speaker 4: Song out of it. Yeah, oh, we're all continuing to do that.
Speaker 1: I was afraid to ask.
Speaker 4: Yes, No, that's on going right there, folks.
Speaker 1: A donation to Harker Seniors, you're gonna get a live performance and someday, someday they are so talented you'll be able to look back when they're like gold records selling, record selling. They came to my house and sung to my mom and dad in the living room. I know them, I met them, I got pictures with them when they were no. One. And congratulations the Cunningham sisters on signing. They got a record contract. So you will be hearing more from them. Patty, God bless you can keep up the great work, folks. Stick around, Jess Obert. More charity work coming up. It's Peyton Lemonade stand season. Jess Obert on the phone to talk about that. We'll hear from Brian Miller about the gen Zs shifting over to the trades in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati. The Building Industry Association of Northern Kentucky's Brian Miller at a thirty I'll be right back, confused, happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not gonna be complicated. It's gonna go very fast. Fifty five krz Indeed talkstation report