Speaker 1: Something you should go time out for something you should know, brought to you by Genesis GOOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know that you can put your retirement plan on. The gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Super excited a visit right now with a very funny comedian from the Sioux Falls area, mister Jerry Erby, and congratulations on you recently got married. That's cool. I haven't seen you since then, so congrats.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, thank you, thank you. I appreciate it. I am loving it absolutely.
Speaker 1: And tonight is a busy night for you. You've got not one, but two different comedy gigs, both of them tonight, and let's start with the first one here because we've got Altered Species. They do a really fun, clean open mic and you're going to be hosting that tonight, right Yes, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Be hosting there starting at six o'clock six point thirty. Yeah. I love that spot. Actually it's family friendly, dog friend so yeah, I'm actually hoping that one has a very great turnout.
Speaker 1: I hope so too. Altered Species Ales. It's in the Western Mall. But it's like if you're trying to think of which side of the building that would be on, if you're on the south side of the building looking to the north, it's just a little bit left of Shields. So now that everybody's thoroughly confused, you might just google it.
Speaker 2: It's the Apple maps to take you straight to the.
Speaker 1: Altered Species Ales. And if you go to Sue Fallscomedy dot com, the address and everything is on there. And again that is this evening, and that is a clean open mic, so that's going on, and then after that a filthy dirty no, just kidding, it's not just a regular a regular open mic, and and the regular open mic, this is one where you know, it's not it's not built as a clean open mic. So you might hear a word here or there. That's that's a little bit blue. But even the non clean open mics and Sioux Falls are still pretty clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't we don't get too out there. I mean, you know, you might hear a word or two, like you said, but generally, you know, I've got a pretty decent crew guys. Yeah, and yeah, it's the one following alter species is that Lucky's on Louise and that one. So we'll kind of do the alter species and then zoom over their Lucky's on Louise and that want'll be a little bit better too, because now you've got the comics that have gotten their gotten their jitters if they've had any out or want to adjustice. So it'll be fun doing it back to back like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tonight is the night again. It's August nineteenth, So tonight at the Lucky's on Louise and that one. Sign up at seven thirty. The open mic starts at eight. The thing that I love about the open mics, and I've talked about this numerous times, I love going to those because I'll see somebody tell a joke, and then i'll see them tell that same joke, you know, maybe a month later, and it's a little bit different. And Jerry, you're really good at that. I'll see you tell a joke and then the next time I see it, you see you tell that joke, it's a little bit differ, and it's it's you know, twenty percent thirty forty percent better. And that's what an open mic is for, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's practice, it's practice, so that is Yeah, that's one of my favorite things about going to the open mics too. I'll just finding that one Joe thinks, finding what's funny about it and trying to work around that. It's a joy to watch lead is. I love it.
Speaker 1: And again, the other thing is really cool about the open mics. They're always free. So there's no fee for either one of these comedy shows tonight. So if you're looking for something to do on a Monday night, both places you get to go sit inside where it's nice and cool. If you want to enjoy a beverage, they've got that at both places. And again the first one is also at a place where you can bring your dogs, you can bring your kids, so it's you know, kind of open for everybody. And I've got the details to all of this stuff at Sue False Comedy on Facebook. Jerry, thank you very much for hosting both of the shows tonight, and thank you for chatting with me about them too.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for having me John always for fun time talking to you.
Speaker 1: And do you have some other shows coming up soon as well? I think that you're on a couple other shows in the near future too, right. No, Okay, well apparently.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty Actually, at the end of the month, the last Monday of the month, I'll be hosting okay content.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I saw. I got nothing at all.
Speaker 2: And I'm also I do believe I'm also hosted a black flag comedy in a black black pat shop over on Madison. Well, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: That Wednesday I was I knew you had something coming up. I saw it on the internet. So Jerry, it's always a pleasure. Thank you for your time. I appreciate it, sir.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for having me John again.
Speaker 1: Absolutely again, Jerry Irby, very very funny stand up comic from right here in Sioux Falls. Well he's not from here. He lives here now though, and we love having him in the Sux Falls area. And you can see him tonight. Two different opportunities to see him. The first one again is refer two is what they call a clean open mic, and that is at Altered Species Ales and that is tonight, and that officially starts at like six thirty or seven o'clock. They're starting a little bit early, so you don't want to be late on that one because there's another one right after that, and that is at Lucky's on Luise, and that one sign up at seven thirty. The show is at eight, so check it all out. All the details Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls Comedy. Something You Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com