Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, Come on, come on, come on, Kenneth, good morning. This is Ed McMahan. And now ladies and gentlemen be.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sir, wakey, wakey, hands off snake eight rod Ryan Show. Check it in Free Beer Friday, and uh it's a like it's a free beer Friday on like nitrous oxide. This is where you're throwing in Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. A pair of tickets with every case of beer straight up at six, seven, eight, and nine. So a huge free beer Friday. I know you're gonna every line is ringing right now trying to get in. Kevin. I'm not even gonna try to scream it like that. He's going for win number three, fresh out of mad Head to head challenge. Those pit tickets Creed three dollars down Finger eleven Tomorrow Night, Home Room. You're getting them. You're getting them on the Fun Fact flash Back today. So hopefully you were listening yesterday. A two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card twenty days celebrating twenty years. It's our fifth day of giving away A two hundred dollars gift card we'll have that for you at seven twenty this morning. Pit tickets to Sunday nights Rob Zombie, El s Cooper Show. Those are coming your way at eight twenty open phones Friday, and we'll leave you with an additional pair of Rod Ryan's show twenty ath anniversary party tickets on Know the Show, So five pair given away today on the program. Beautiful weekend. But we're back into the nineties, like an upper nineties as a matter of fact. So sunny, upper nineties, low chances of rain. That's your whole weekend. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Rod and good morning home room.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Former President Trump says polls are declaring him the winner of Tuesday's debate against Vice President Harris. Trump said he will not debate Harris again. He said Harris should focus on her job as vice president instead of wanting another debate.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the biggest twenty.
Speaker 4: Four hour fundraising hall since Harris launched her campaign was the twenty four hours after the debate. Her campaign raised forty seven million dollars. That's what a campaign official revealed yesterday. Boeing says it's ready to renegotiate after its workers voted to go on strike. Thousands of aircraft employees at the manufacturing plans in Seattle and Portland rejected the Boeing contract offer yesterday and then they voted out to walk out. At midnight tonight Pacific time, the union leaders gave their approval to the contract, which was rejected by ninety five percent of night of union members there. Speaking of airlines, remember when every domestic flight was like a scene from Fight Club, Like so many videos of people just getting gnarly and fighting on planes.
Speaker 1: I feel like for a while we went like days and days and days in a row. Here's another fight on an airplane. I think people were upset about those masks.
Speaker 4: Well, those days are might be drawing to a close. I don't want to say they are drawing to a close, because reports of unruly passengers are down seventy five percent since twenty twenty one, So unrually behavior has falled seventy five percent in the past three years. The FAA only received fourteen hundred around fourteen hundred reports since January, compared to almost six thousand unruly reports in twenty twenty one, So we'll be talking about that today. Meanwhile, Julie Bowen, she played Virginia. She plays Virginia in Happy Gilmore and she says that she and Happy Virginia and Happy are very much together. So they're like, hey, is that a spoiler in the movie? Like, are we supposed to know? That could be seen as a little.
Speaker 3: Bit of a spoiler.
Speaker 1: We're together at the end of the other movie. It's not a spoiler at all.
Speaker 3: Well, she says she thinks she's allowed to say that.
Speaker 4: So in case you didn't know it, the first Happy Gilmour was her very first film, she says, her short hair and it made her feel uncomfortable. But yeah, production just started Happy Gillmore too, and there's no release date yet.
Speaker 3: I think people will still want to see it even if they know Happy in Virginia are still together.
Speaker 4: Probably I've got another confession, dude, Okay, what now? Dave Grohl has had himself a week. There is a viral baby post that is faked, but it's been circulating everywhere. This woman is claiming she's the mother of Dave Grol's baby, and she even put a picture of a baby on Instagram and bragged that Dave was by her side during the pregnancy. Roxy Juny groll that that was what the lady said the baby's name is, and then she even put I think she even put up the picture with the fighter music. But anyway, a reper girl told the press the child in the picture is not his. The post has been deleted, but please stay tuned for another chapter of the goal two fighter drama, which will like very likely come soon.
Speaker 3: Those are USID said letter, all.
Speaker 1: Right, that's some music I needed to Yeah, ask HER's got to win.
Speaker 5: Yesterday they beat the As sixty three to avoid the sweep. They'll open up a weekend series with the Angels snaight on the road, first pitches at eight thirty.
Speaker 1: You can listen to it on our.
Speaker 5: Sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on Thursday Night Football. The Bills squish the Fish. Thank you squished the fish. Last night they beat the Dolphins thirty one to ten. Buffalo's James Cook scored three touchdowns in the game. Deamar Hamlin might have killed two Tagovailoa and a weird twist of fate and uh yeah, Bills looks pretty good. Dolphins did not look so good. Texans are gonn try and start this season? Two and Ozer when they host the Bears on Sunday Night Football Texan Tire six and a half point favorites coming into this one kickoffs at seven to twenty, and you can watch that game on NBC. Some notable college football games this weekend. Tonight, we got Kansas State, fourteenth thrank team in the country. Take it on twentieth Thank Arizona. At seven o'clock. Tomorrow, Alabama faces Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: A and m Will Hoopy at Florida.
Speaker 5: We got ut hosting UTSA and U of H is gonna play Rice for the buy you bucket?
Speaker 1: That what's going on in sports? Here we go? Guys? All right? Pre Beer Friday, rob Ryang showed twentieth anniversary party tickets going out with every case today four hours of pain. You know how we do it.
Speaker 6: Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. He got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, a free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan, show you have more and brother rod Well Well, well, who's this JD truck driver? Call her number ten? Yea, Wow, you're so excited about I mean, it's just a case of beer.
Speaker 5: J D.
Speaker 1: It's not a big deal. Yesterday, Yeah, yesterday. I let everybody know early that the beer today again, like I did last week, all of the beer winners are gonna get rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets, the party that everybody you gotta win your way in and JD, you you did it, Bro, appreciate you. I'll be looking forward to party with all y'all. And you know, just in quick up day, I'm jumping at the bit. Get back to work. White, No, my doctor to release me? Saw can Yeah, dude, I to be honest with you, I thought maybe you were back at work already. But how long have you been off now?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Three months? Three months? Okay, well listen, just get your mind right. Obviously getting back to work is important, but you got to get party ready. Okay. This party is like ready ready, five weeks away now, So awesome, all right, JD, thank you, my brother. I look forward to party with you and everyone else is gonna win beer today. Five opportunities, five opportunities to win rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets straight up at seven, eight, and nine with the beer and then Chili. He put them on know the show. You gotta wait. Last thing we do today on the program, We'll hook you up. Okay, So beer rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. Can we talk about boobs right after that?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: Can we get right into the boobs?
Speaker 3: Get into boobs early that way we talk about them.
Speaker 1: Okay. The rod Ryan Show Cares online store is open nice with our new, all new Boobs Rock merchandise. And you know that it's Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. I know there's some other awareness months going on. I know there is, but for Prostate Cancer Awareness Month today, that's where we do the kick ass stuff and then we've got the boobs Rock merchandise. Next month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. All the money raised goes through the rod Ryan Show Cares Foundation to five O one C three and we will filter that money over to M D Anderson Okay for breast cancer research. The money goes directly to a team of doctors headed by doctor Lucci and their job every day is to go in there and find a way to cure this thing. Okay, So that our money is going to research. The Boobs Rock Store Chili will have it as the first link today on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com stock up on what are you going to stock up on? Squeeze boob? Squeeze boobs I can't.
Speaker 5: Find I was looking for a pair of squeeze boobies earlier, were lost.
Speaker 1: In a move or something. But I got stock up on some squeeze booth. It's so funny in my house, how they have been completely desensitized. There's just squeeze boobs. They're sitting out there everywhere, you know what I mean. I got kids coming over and they're like, oh, yeah, it's natural. Yeah, it's Oh that's for charity. You know you can do it charity.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Squeeze boobs, the pink and brown ones are available on the website, all new T shirts, caps, coozies, everything. All the money stays right here in Houston. So I would appreciate you taking a look today and getting in there early. Okay, let me take a short break. When we come back at a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then, man, we're gonna have fun this morning, guys. Houston, Houston's alternative and home.
Speaker 7: At The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four, The buzz.
Speaker 1: Iny four to five the Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show on this free beer Friday. If we didn't hear JD. Truck Driver he got in on that first case of beer. He was so happy because he had heard yesterday a little rumor which wasn't a rumor. It's true. Every beer winner today gets rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets. So these are I'm spitting straight facts right now. So the beer winner at seven, eight, and nine will also get rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. And then Chilli put another pair on the show today.
Speaker 3: Alex, did you say you had a Trumer rumor?
Speaker 1: Okay, there is a poll question up today. I'm very happy that ninety percent of you do not think that Friday the thirteenth is a unlucky day. Now ten percent of the weirdos out there do Tessa think that?
Speaker 3: Well, isn't it like a full moon too?
Speaker 1: No, dude, it is.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I think there's free donuts today though somewhere I have a link up for.
Speaker 3: Okay, you go get donuts. I'll just like charge my crystals in the moonlight. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: Let's go whole question at Rob Ryan Show Friday the thirteenth. You don't have to do do your.
Speaker 3: Charge with crystals, that's your pool class.
Speaker 1: You have to do nothing different today. What's trending to a tag? Yeah? He listen, he's got a I mean a concussion. He's got to quit. He's got to quit. He just he's not built for NFL pro football. His head isn't quit. Uh. Toua has had too many concussions, and you got to think about quality of life moving forward. I really I'm in all seriousness.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's the number one uh search on Google if you didn't know.
Speaker 3: To was injured at the Bills game last night.
Speaker 4: DeMar Hamlin says he was trying to just make a routine tackle ended up having to leave the game with a concussion to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't dirty tackle at all, not at all, not at all. It's just it was unfortunate and for some reason, Tua is just really susceptible to concussions. And listen, when you're a professional football player, that's just a small window of your life. You know, this guy's gonna he's got to He's got fifty years and.
Speaker 3: He's kids and a wife.
Speaker 1: The whole thing. Yes.
Speaker 4: Also, Chad McQueen passed away. He is He was only sixty three years old. McQueen is known for playing Dutch in the Karate Kid franchise. Apparently he died Wednesday. His longtime attorney announced that he passed as a result of organ failure, which semed from an injury he sustained a few years ago. So he was the only actor of sons Steve McQueen and he survived by Jennie Gilbreth.
Speaker 3: That is his wife. He has three kids with her.
Speaker 4: So that and then Cardi B is officially a mom of three. Cardi B announcing the arrival of her baby daughter on Thursday.
Speaker 3: She had announced she was pregnant last month on ig but.
Speaker 4: That was the same day that she was also filing for a divorce from her husband, Migo's rapper Offset, so they already have two kids together.
Speaker 3: This is number three. That's what's trending on ninety four five of us.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 9: This is two time home of framer Kevin hey Ron. Thanks for giving me a victory speech this time.
Speaker 8: I am your fresh out of bed head to head a two day champ.
Speaker 1: Cool. That's bro man. We are down bad big these speeches this week. You know we had that recorded, We played it yesterday. It was fine. Yeah, this is awesome. All right, Well he said, you know something about bitches and free beer Friday. Join him as he goes for win number three. I know we said that seven one tho.
Speaker 10: If you want to take Kevin on, it's free beer Friday. The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Bush.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show with Rise against Well, Good morning, home room help. You're off to a great start to your day. Creed is going to be in town tomorrow night. It's a sold out show, homeroom. You're getting those final pit pair, those pit tickets coming up on the Fun Fact Flashback, so stick around for that at least sun these guys today ten percent chance of rain ninety six, it's kind of what you're gonna get, yeah, ninety six. It would be the high all weekend long with low chances of rain. Come on and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. Hey, Kevin, good morning, how are you today? I'm good? What are you doing here? I don't know, dude, I'm I'm I've finally got a victory speech for you, and and it cut off the end. I don't know what's going on over here, dude, I'm sorry. Just win the game, all right, Just win the game. Who cares about? What people do care about?
Speaker 7: Is this? Ah?
Speaker 1: Geez? That's loud, that's abrasive. You're taking on? Dean, Hello, Dean, Hello, Dean, Dean the Dancing Machine. Have you played this game before? No, I'm not ill since well, where you've been, Dancing Machine? Why don't you play? Why haven't you played? Today's the day? Okay, today's to day for Dean Dean the Dancing Machine. It is the most elusive fish fresh fish. I like it. I like it all right. All you gotta do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: A one hundred dollars gift card to Jersey Mike's Oh my god, I know, man, I.
Speaker 3: Would hair up for Jersey Mike.
Speaker 1: Dean, you could take me to lunch if you win that. We could just sit there and talk about all the years you've been listening and not playing the game. Yeah, exactly, Okay. All you gotta do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Okay, Kevin's a two time Hall of Famer. Dean Dean the Dancing Machine. Step it up, here we go. There's that music. Question number one, what is the name of the murderer in Friday the Thirteenth Movies? Kevin Jason? Not even even close? Dean, I heard you you you? You stop right now, Dean with your nonsense. Okay, he's done. Kevin got you by a mile. Okay. I don't know what's going on with these phones, Dean, Just Dean, just say your name first. Stop, Dancing Machine, Dean, Kevin. Question number two, what do you call the metal brackets placed on your teeth to straighten them out?
Speaker 3: Dean?
Speaker 1: Dean, Dean the Dancing Machine. Brace's is a correct answer? You see? Yeah, welcome dude. You say you did that? You said your name first that time. It's because I told you to stop dancing for the wind. What college did Alex attend? Hint? It's the Harvard of Southwest Kevin.
Speaker 3: You have h show me you of h a.
Speaker 1: Chance, Dean Dean the Dancing Machine. What college did Alex attend? Hint? It's the Harvard of Southwest Texas. They call it that. Dean in three two Huntsville College, hunts Vegas Institute. Uh, he went, he went to Sam Houston. You watch you.
Speaker 3: Watch your mouth come on focus.
Speaker 1: Dean could have won, He could have beat two time Hall of Famer Kevin. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Please let this be the last question. Trident, double mint, Hubba bubba Kevin? Are all types of what gum jum? Hey, Dean, if we do a dance competition, you can call in for that.
Speaker 3: I thought you played well one time.
Speaker 1: I like you, Dean, I like you. Plus you said you've been listening a long time. Thank you, thank you for that. Would you dream of ever calling us again and playing and like, okay, you got that out of your system? Would you try this again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would hope.
Speaker 3: So do you have fun?
Speaker 1: I would hope. So I did? I did? I got the face for radio. Okay, all right, dancing machine is out. Two time Hall of Famer Kevin. Can we get a victory speace that works too? Man? All right? That was win number three? Kevin? Here? All right? Can you want to play on Monday? Yeah? Pretty awesome? Right, Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met. Yeah, yeah, ninety four five right, ninety four to five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. On a free beer Friday. JD was our first beer winner. Will you be our next beer winner? Straight up at seven, eight, nine opportunities? Every beer winner gets rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets. So that's fun. I got pit tickets to the Creed Show, the sold out Creed Show tomorrow night. That's pretty fun. Sunny sky, low chances of rain, mid nineties, that's fun. I think I have a complete victory speech from Kevin too the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Let's see if it's all there. Good morning everybody. This is pea term Hall of Famer Kevin.
Speaker 6: Now you're hit fresh out of bed head to head, the three day champion.
Speaker 1: Somebody give me another cup of coffee.
Speaker 6: Join me on Monday when I make it win number four.
Speaker 1: Everybody's a witness. There's the whole speech. Thank you. I'm not gonna do it an I'm gonna I'm not evenna look at it. It's just I'm gonna go back there on Monday. I'm gonna play that and hopefully it'll all be there. Okay, I brought in some fun facts for you guys that to the day. We make you look smart in front of your bodies.
Speaker 3: It's the fun to the day.
Speaker 1: Hell looked at me yesterday and said, dude, would you bring in some really good fun facts on Friday. It's exactly what I said, and I said, you know what, I will bring in some really good fun facts because then I'll just leave it to the listeners. James, listener, James sent me a bunch of fun facts. Octopuses.
Speaker 3: Oh so majestic octopuses.
Speaker 1: Have three hearts. Two pump blood to the gills while the third pumps to the rest of the body. Plus bonus fun fact, their blood is blue due to a copper based molecule. Rod James, Thank you, James. How about this one? Hell. In seventeen fifty nine, Arthur Guinness he signed hal and Arthur Guinness signed a nine thousand year lease for a brewery in Dublin, Ireland for seventy five dollars a month. Guinness will be in that brewery until the year ten thousand seven. Hundred and fifty nine, then they can renegotiate. Yeah, I'm waiting. Wow, a nine thousand year lease? Why stop there?
Speaker 8: When do w I not?
Speaker 1: Ten anders Celsius. I wonder what he came up with, this drake. He invented the temperature scale, jackasses. Anders Celsius invented his temperature scale in seventeen forty two. He had the boiling point of water at zero and the freezing point at one hundred. Right after he died, they flipped it. That's neat. The poor guy's been rolling over in its grave ever since. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart, your buddies, it's the fuck.
Speaker 7: That to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, yeah, I like I like the fact that he's still flipping. He's still rolling. What do you got there, Pitt?
Speaker 4: Tickets to Creed. Creed's coming to the Woodlands tomorrow at three doors down Finger eleven.
Speaker 3: Going to be there.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's your fun okay. Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty was a starting quarterback at Louisiana Tech in the mid sixties. His senior year, he quit football so that he could go hunting. Who took over for him at the starting quarterback position in the mid sixties Louisiana Tech University. That's how this guy got his start. Really, so this was this big break. Who was it? Seven one three, two, pint two five nine four five. Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, I did it good? Now you do it good?
Speaker 8: Okay you ready? God it was a good down Wall Street. The Dow is up two hundred and thirty five points. Kick off this morning at forty one tho ninety six, Nasdaq up one hundred and seventy four to seventeen thousand and five sixty nine. Benchmartin, your treasurer is trading at a three point sixty five percent, and oil stands at sixty nine dollars eighty three cents a barrel. To the most actives the big studs Salesforce, three M and Caterpillar.
Speaker 1: The big duds Intel, Dow, and Chase.
Speaker 8: On the economic calendar of this morning, we'll get numbers on consumer sentiment for September right now. Futures are on the pside. Hang on too. This is the Apols opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 8: This is hallan manager director Whiting and Ram James, Porterfeatherer, Id Ryan Show from Raymon James On, Samfiliet and Augusta and Don't forget Toys, Rock Out your stock out.
Speaker 11: Opinions expressed are those of All Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat I Art Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is an educational and informational services on the are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young Dinances ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show. All right, looks like David made it through David. Yo up, dude, you're up. Here we go. Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty. He was the starting quarterback at Louisiana Tech in the mid sixties.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: His senior year, He's like, I want to go duck hunting. Instead opened up a spot for the backup quarterback. Who was it? Bill Sims? Show me Phil Simms? No, Phil Simms, Get out of here, Jacob, good morning, Good morning, Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson, who was his backup quarterback and thanks to Phil senior year just saying I'm not playing anymore. I'm gonna go hunting. This guy got his big break. Harry Bradshaw, Terry Bradshaw, Dry and cow. Yeah the blonde bomber right who Yeah, Phil One's told Terry I'm going for the ducks. You go for the bucks. You win. What are you giving Jacob? What a great prize here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jacob's gonna be in the pit to see Creed this Saturday with the Civilian.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, Bro, you're in the pit because they have a guy didn't know, David. I hope you're listening.
Speaker 13: I'm so happy you are.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Street all right, I want to I want a picture of you and mom in the pit and I'll post it up on Monday show. Okay, all right, thank you, Jacob. I'm gonna wait waiting for that picture on the bus ninety four five the bus, It's green day when I come around, brod Ryan's show, getting ready to wrap up Home Room and move into the seventh spot. Another case of beer coming your way. That means another winner. Another couple of guests at the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party anniversary tickets going out with every case of beer. JD was excited about it already. Could be you straight up at seven, eight or nine o'clock. Ten percent chance of rain, sunny, highs of around ninety six. That's today and all weekend. Pretty good looking weekend on tap here, Tessa. One are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, I wanted to make sure that everyone knows the rod Ryan shod Care Store is back open. It's got all of the new boobs rock merch for us there. And then if you didn't know, the rod Ryan Schoke Cares Foundation is raising money for breast cancer research at MD Anderson and that's where the proceeds for the merch that you buy goes.
Speaker 3: So get in there, do some shopping. And yeah, I saw a.
Speaker 1: Few of you already went in there and bought some things. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yall are awesome.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: Former President Trump says there will not be another debate with Vice President Kamala Harris. In a post on truth Social Trump said polls show that he wanted the debate this week against Harris, and it's a sign that she lost after she immediately called for another. Meanwhile, Vice President Harris's campaign raised forty seven million dollars in the first twenty four hours after the debate.
Speaker 3: That's according to a campaign official.
Speaker 4: They revealed that news yesterday, saying it's the biggest twenty four hour fundraising hall since Harris launched her campaign. Let's check on our friends in Louisiana. An energy company there says some of the parishes that lost electricity during Hurricane Francine may not get their power back until Monday.
Speaker 3: We have totally been here. It sucks. Energy released a statement.
Speaker 4: Last night saying power had been restored to over fifty percent of the hundreds of thousands of customers who lost service as Francine was moving across Louisiana. But the utility company also said some parishes in New Orleans area should have power restored by this afternoon, but those near Baton Rouge looking more at Saturday at Sunday to get power back. So just hang in there, guys. Yeah, it's the worst. Check on your friends. Check on your Louisiana friends. Today is the first of two Friday the thirteenth this year. The next one is not told to some which is also Taylor Sworts birthday. Okay, I'm sure I'm just.
Speaker 3: Throwing that in there, but i want to let you know.
Speaker 4: That if you're just a little stitious, you can change that around, because there's a ton of deals going on. Like Krispy Kreme has a special promotion. Then Wendy's offering their rewards members you can get like Crispy Fries with any purchase on the app. So like businesses are doing these Friday the thirteenth special Also, don't forget about flashtats? Does anyone get those Friday the thirteenth flashtats?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: When you go like tattoo shops on Friday the thirteenth, a lot of them will have these sheets of pre made Friday the thirteenth tattoos. I've heard of it, you say, like twenty bucks?
Speaker 1: Anybody doing that this year?
Speaker 4: A bunch of like seven to one three tattoo shops doing it. A bunch of local tattoo shops are doing it.
Speaker 1: So my poll question today is do you think Friday the thirteenth is an unlucky day? Ninety percent of our audience says no, thank god, it's a hard.
Speaker 3: I haven't voted yet one any of my friends, but we'll go. We'll go, all right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and if you're getting a flash tat, I would like to know about it, also where you're getting it. So this was trending so high on Google, I thought, let me throw it in the headloud in the headlines because actor Chad McQueen is known for playing Dutch in the Karate Kid franchise.
Speaker 1: But nobody knows him. I mean, he's known for being Steve McQueen's son. Other than that, I had to go look him up. I recognize him from the original Karate Kid. He was the dick looking kid with the curly blonde hair that you saw at the tournament. Other than that, his dad was super famous. That's it. I don't think this guy did much.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: I'm learning that he was like a car enthusiast, like was, he raced cars and he built custom cars. He was kind of bigger on that. He had a lot of money. Obviously that's a very expensive hobby.
Speaker 1: He got that car enthusiasm from his dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, so his dad's a Hollywood legend.
Speaker 5: Yeh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is dead.
Speaker 4: Chad McQueen at the age of sixty three, which I think is super young. He had organ failure which him from an injury he got a few years ago. So he was the only son of actor Steve McQueen, and he was He's married to Jeanie Gilbrith and they have three kids together, so wanted.
Speaker 3: To mention that in the headlines.
Speaker 4: The criticism continues about the new version of Lincoln Park with their new singer. But Mike Shanoda obviously thinks that one part of this isn't true, that it's like, it's not about erasing the past. So he was at a kickoff for the bands from Zero World tour on Tuesday, and he told the crowd, it's not about.
Speaker 3: Erasing the past.
Speaker 4: It's about starting this new chapter in the future and coming out here for each and every one of you, referring to the fans.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 4: So, if you didn't know, Chester Pennington's son Jamie made it clear he did not like the new edition in Lincoln Park. You can go check that out on the music blog page. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: There you go. Alex Astros gotta win.
Speaker 5: Yesterday to be the A sixty three to avoid being swept in that series. Their series at the Angels Tonight on the road, first pitches at eight thirty. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. On Thursday Night Football, the Bills Bluff Dolphins thirty one to ten.
Speaker 3: They successfully squished the fish. Rod Haul squishing that fish.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I had to explain that to somebody yesterday, like, what was that squish the fish? That's what it is. It's the Dushans. We squished them.
Speaker 5: Buffalo's James Cook scored three touchdowns of the game. Texans are going to try and start the season two and zero like the Bills when they host the Bears on Sunday Night Football. They're six and a half point favorites coming into this one. Kickoffs at seven twenty, and you can watch the game on NBC. Some notable college games this weekend Tonight, we got fourteenth ranks Kansas State playing number twenty Arizona fourth ranks. Alabama's going to take on Wisconsin tomorrow at eleven am. A and M is going to be at Florida. We got ut hosting UTSA, and U of H is going to play Rice for the BUYU Bucket that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen has a couple of nicknames already. But anybody opposed to mister Thursday Night I believe he's seven to zero. Oh, straight up easy. That's a good one, mister Thursday Night Football. I like that for good. He jumped he was running out of bas and he had to jump over the the Dolphins bench and the guy goes, this guy will hurtle over anything.
Speaker 3: Literally, he hurdle. Hates to see Josh Allen coh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just like, just give me something to hurtle. The rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 7: The Buzz Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: He's got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free ban Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Mom, Mom stop, Mom up, Okay, Wowa do it? Mom's a ranger.
Speaker 3: Whatever listener heard.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan, shown brother Rod's sister Tessa, d Alex b and Compadre Chilly Boy. Everybody's in such a good mood today, I wonder what I'm talking about. Everybody's in a really good mood today. I'm it's just free beer. Friday. Oh wait a minutes, dude, you won the beer and the tickets. Yes, up, all the beer winners today. You can tell they know rod Ryan showed twenty anniversary party tickets going out with every case of beer. Who am I talking to? This is Jared, the rod Ryan Show patch guy. You're the guy to make those awesome patches for us. Dude, Yes, sir, Okay, good things happen to good people. That's something that's said. What I'm talking about. Oh cool? Jared has this great is it on the back of a jean jacket or a shirt with all those awesome bands. It's actually a Dicky's black work shirt. Okay that has all the patches on it. I call that out of the gas station shirt when we sell at it. And he's got all these amazing bands. I mean, he's got guns and Roses, he's got classic rock on there, he's got new bands everything, and then he's got a rod Ryan Show patch like we're mixed in with like some of the greatest rock of all time. And then he showed up and he gave us all these patches one day. I was so appreciative of that. Jared, Thank you so much. Man. I'm glad. You're welcome. You're welcome. You and the wife coming now or what what's happening? Oh yeah, we're telling that's great. We're going to be there. I can't wait to see you guys. Thank you, thank you, congratulations, congratulations. You got to win your way into this party, man, you have to win your way in. You know, yesterday I did want to announce it on the air too. Fair Ride I'm sure that's his name. Fair Ride sent me an email, fair Ride Ride, how would you say that? F A R I D E for Reid or Day far eye Day? He sent me an email said, good morning Rod. Was there ever a winner? Yesterday? I saw that link on that hawk TUA link all right? I saw that link on the Hawk to a blog page, and I sent in an email, Well, fair Eye Day, you didn't win. I'm missed. I Misty, I just remember. I remember the girl's name was Misty. Misty one. Now what a pharaedide asking me about I hit a link yesterday and all I said on the air snaky lina, I am, I am? I am guilty, s charge. I mentioned yesterday that I would go check out all the links and I would scroll down and I'd go through all of the links and I would look at all of them to the completion this. And yesterday on the Hawk to a girl, what was she up to again? Trying to break some.
Speaker 3: It was like the dumbest story.
Speaker 4: But if you wouldn't clicked on it, yeah, you were handsomely rewarded.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if you if you went to that link yesterday and you went all the way down and said, hey, are you still scrolling? Listen? Good news for you. And then there was there was a link to I think email Chili yesterday and those of you that looked at links, and yes, Misty was the one that was drawn. You know, maybe one hundred people clicked on it and sent Chili an email, you know, And but you had to link it, and I think I specifically asked you had to write Hawk TUA in the subject line. This way we would know that you we knew that you saw what we wanted you to. So I believe my friend Taylor Swift calls that an easter egg.
Speaker 3: So you're learning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, uh, Rogie Swift pulled a fast one on you yesterday. And I put a little Easter egg on our website, all right, I don't have one today, you know, I mean that's exactly even say if you did the worst marketing person, the worst marketing person ever, don't even look at links and guests today because I got nothing on there.
Speaker 3: Click on it.
Speaker 4: But yeah you got Friday, you got to look at a girls.
Speaker 1: I think this week at our meeting, we came over with a couple of fun things. I know this, so I missed the meetings. Yeah, it was very productive as far as like giving away rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. H we have some fun things planned leading up to the party to get away tickets. Yeah, I think it's gonna be really fun. We know that we got the hottest ticket in town. So let's play with them a little bit. You know, it's kind of fun, just like we have them. You just gotta play with it. You gotta let it out, get some hair on it, let it breathe, play with a little bit, play with it, you know what I mean, get both hands, play with it. Okay, that's what we're gonna shoo. So what we're gonna do with those two tickets? I missed it? I mean to take them out, give him some walking's room.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Okay, you need a break, Bud, I have another case of beer at eight and nine with tickets and then know the show.
Speaker 1: There's tickets, tickets, tickets, tickets everywhere. Twenty days, celebrating twenty years with Academy Sports and Outdoors. They've given us a two hundred dollars gift card for twenty days. Okay, today's day five. We'll have it for you on the flip of the break. Don't go Anywhere, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show Study four five and the Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show. He's got a great prize coming up for you in just a little bit. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today and all weekend long sunny skies Today, harty, cloudy Saturday and Sunday. But we're gonna be hovering at around ninety six as our highs all three days this weekend. Rod Ryan Show Cares online store. It's open. It's boobs Rock time, Baby, I got a boob draw I heard movies looking at my shirt right now. We got all the new boobs Rock merchandise is up. I have seen a few of you go into the store already and make purchases I love you. I mean it when I say it. I love every one of you. Thank you again. The rod Ryan Show Cares Foundation that we established years ago, all the money's gonna filter through there. It's gonna go right to Dy Anderson. So I got your first trend right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's definitely.
Speaker 4: That's our trend. That's our headline. That's what we want everyone to know about.
Speaker 1: Something as that as the first link too on links and guests, or if he doesn't, please have it as the first one and then he can get to the Fanny Friday and all that other fun stuff. What else do you got?
Speaker 4: Yesterday would have been Paul Walker's fifty first birthday. His daughter Meadow every year, really sweet tribute.
Speaker 1: Every year She's got me cutting onions man, his daughter, she put the most. You can tell how much she misses her dad, of course she does. But she puts out these posts every year, these tribute posts to her father, and somehow they always find their way to me. Somebody will send it to me or something, you know, because it gets me thinking to my dad. Boy, she really knows how to string some words together.
Speaker 4: And all the pictures she posts too, it's always in the pan like looking right at her, like you can see the love between you know, father and daughter there. So so yeah, that was something that was kind of going around. And then this is a very light, tighter bright But if I say the name Brian Coburger, do you know who that is? No, murdered the accused excuse the four he murdered four people in the Idaho four the murders that took place, But.
Speaker 1: They were living in that house. He went up, Yes, yeah they were.
Speaker 3: They were college kids. There were roomates, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So this is something where the Idaho Supreme Court has transferred his his case to another county for a trial. His team saying, hey, we can't get fair trials here. This is too big of a story. But I'm thinking this is a national story. Where do you go, where do you go that someone's not going to have heard of this case, you know what I mean? But anyway, they transferred the trial, the case or getting a new judge. So yeah, the trial of the man charge in the Idaho college murder has a new courtroom and a new judge. The Supreme Court there in Idaho selected Poise as a new avenue. So that's another story. A lot of people are talking about. That's what's trending on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: When you talk about the Mount Rushmore of Texas businesses, you know, obviously people are going to mention Hgpurg Water Burgerys, Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 4: Right there, Sports Now, George brid Price.
Speaker 1: Academy, they are up there. I'm telling you, I love it. I love getting lost in that place. I go in there thinking I'm not going to spend any money, and then what do you do? I love it, you have spend money. Okay, this is always cool stuff in there. When they came to me and they said, hey, we want to do something special for the twentieth I'm like, yeah, let's do this. So I we put this deal together with them. Twenty days celebrating the twenty years of The Rod Ryan Show. They're gonna give away a two hundred dollars gift card. Today's day five. We're doing this for four weeks every day on the show. If you would like a two hundred dollars gift card to Academy Sports and Outdoors and you get whatever you want with that money, call me now. I'm looking for caller twenty caller twenty seven, one three, two and two five five.
Speaker 3: Come on, jump around there.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta wait, Chili up, I gotta wait Chili up over here. Come on Chili dance with me. Let's go dance. Dance with Roddy. Dance with Roddy. Come on call her number twenty right now, seven one thirty two and two five for that gift card.
Speaker 14: I love jumping around on a Friday morning. House of Pain ninety four five, ninety four five. The bus got me out of breath. He jumping around with House of Pain a.
Speaker 1: Little tradition here now on the Rod Ryan Show on Fridays. I hope that woke you up better than any caffeine out there. My friends, sunny skies today, ten percent chance of rain hies up around ninety six. It's kind of like what you're gonna get for Saturday and Sunday. Pretty good looking weekend. I know a lot of you are heading out to the Woodlands. You got that big sold out show with Creed tomorrow. We gave away the tickets and home room, but I still have sold out or it's not sold out, but I still have pit passes to Sunday nights. Rob Zombie El's Cooper Show an hour from now, but closer to around eight twenty. We'll give those away. Great prize. Right here I mentioned the Academy Sports and Outdoors twenty days celebrating twenty years a two hundred dollars gift card every day. Good morning, crew, Hey, who's this? This is great?
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 1: Your caller ten? Oh no, you're twenty your color twenty congratulations ten. So upset the one time that the guy's like the one time call her ten and I don't get it because you're taking dumb collar twenty. Greg doesn't think it's dumb, not at all. Two hundred dollars gift card, Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it.
Speaker 9: This is awesome the first time calling for some winner.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna buy? What are you gonna buy it? Academy?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're thinking of the exact same level here, Tessa. I was thinking, what section of the store do you go to? Okay, is it good? Is it clothing? Do you go look at the grills? Do you go look at all the balls, the bicycles, the weights? What section of the store do you go to first.
Speaker 9: I mean I probably need a new section.
Speaker 1: Sat. I can tell you that, oh the Texans gear, gear, the gear, yeah, the gear, the sports gear yeah yeah, the jersey and all of that.
Speaker 4: Think about Academy is most of them are laid out pretty much the same. And the women's clothing is right there, and I'm like, I'm gonna get all this gear.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be such a workout queen.
Speaker 1: Once I do it, I call it. You know what I do it Academy Sports and Outdoors. Listen. I have every piece of grilling equipment known to man. Okay I have. I have a gas grill, go ahead, cap on me, and then and then I have the traeger, and then I've got a pizza oven. Then I have a flat top.
Speaker 3: I have everything, okay, all the attached and what do I do.
Speaker 1: I go right to the grill section and I'm like looking around like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I never no if you're gonna miss what do I need?
Speaker 1: I have fine things sitting around that I'm not using. But that's my favorite section in academy. I think everybody has their own little favorite deal. I'm not you know, clothes, I dress like a hobo, sports.
Speaker 4: Spras I'm like, I'm like, you know what, I need a new sports spra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should. I probably need some new clothes. I should probably go to the clothing section. All right, well, Greg, you're gonna look great and you're gonna go get a new hat. You can get so much more with that two hundred dollars gift card. Congratulations and really for real, this is the first time you've ever won anything, or the first time you called I missed how you said that?
Speaker 15: Yeah, first time, first time warning, Yeah, never won anything before.
Speaker 1: I love it. Greg, have a great weekend.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I love it. It's free beer Friday, Free beer Friday.
Speaker 10: No what let's celebret The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Music blog page first story, Dave Roll, second story, Lincoln Park. Dude. Has that been all week?
Speaker 3: All week and a little bit of tail end of last week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's kind of in all week. I mean it's the two biggest stories, you know, one of them not so good, one of them good for me. But according to some people, I had some guy light me up yesterday. Why I really had a guy, light me up. He's like, hy because I'm pushing my thoughts on people. I'm on the radio show. I'm trying to think how he worded it. But he's like, you know, don't try to push your bs on me, dude, Okay, this is a horrible thing that Lincoln Park is doing, and blah blah blah. And then I emailed him back and I said, so, what you're doing is you're telling me your opinion and you want me to follow how you.
Speaker 4: Feel he pushed his thoughts on you to the point that you push thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't want me to give my opinion on this Lincoln Park because my opinion didn't match his. And you know, he was very passionate about it. And then you know, he's burning my T shirts that he bought, and I'm like, please send me a video. I will post that.
Speaker 3: We need that content, like the.
Speaker 1: Lebron James you know how they're burning jerseys, you know when he's leaving town. This guy, this guy's like burning T shirts because you know, and listen as I'm going back and forth with them, and every now and then I'll take the time. Sometimes I'm like, all right, bro, you're not gonna listen anymore. I'm sorry, sorry to see you go. He's just but he's super passionate about it, and he doesn't like what's happening with Lincoln Park. Mike Schnoda like, I don't know. Sometimes you just don't address it and you just keep moving forward and you just hope that, okay, it smooths out. He told the crowd last night, this is a new chapter of Lincoln Park. This is not about erasing the past. So I don't think he you know, I think he's been mentioning Chester two on these shows they're playing those live shows now, they're doing those shows, the LA the New York Show that they're gonna head overseas and doing them that. In the Dave Girl story, it's just been a huge news, you know, huge news all week.
Speaker 4: I listened to a podcast, you know that talks about the Real Housewives stuff, but that that genre of women, those women they like, are obsessed with Dave cl Girl, Like Dave Girl is there crush and they are, you know, shambles over this Dave Crol news.
Speaker 1: I'm going to send her a text right now. You know who loves Dave Crol? Who Mama Cash? Yeah, you should check on her loves him and what does this do? Do you huge? Do you forego? She loves his music, But like like all of us, he just seems like a cool guy. And I can back that up. He is a cool guy the that I've dealt with him and and run into him, not professionally running into him. He's a really cool, awesome dude. And he's one of the most liked guys in rock. He's kind of like that Sammy Hagar. He's kind of like, you know, everyone likes him. I saw Buffett, He's like a He's like, he's our alternative Jimmy Buffett.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I saw one lady that said, you know I'm done, you know I love da girl? And then and then the comment beneath it was like, Okay, well, who are you gonna listen to them?
Speaker 3: You're so mad at.
Speaker 4: Dave girl cheated on his wife, had an.
Speaker 3: Affair that was your guy, So who's left?
Speaker 1: Do you just?
Speaker 3: Do you listen to music?
Speaker 1: Do you wake up? Do you get the news of Dave Grohl's infidelity and all of a sudden, now you hate those songs at Michael Jackson. I'm not telling you what to do I'm just wondering, and I haven't and I haven't checked in on Mama cash on that she is her and I that's our thing. We love, We love the Foo Fighters. I'm gonna send her a text right now. Got separate the from the artist sometimes, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make the music not good.
Speaker 1: Right, Like you don't have to love his personal lives well.
Speaker 3: And people are so flawed, That's what I'm saying. No one is perfect. The person you love the most, they're not perfect.
Speaker 1: Oh J killed two people, Alex loves them. He was acquitted killed two people, and this guy hung the post quitted that murder. But yes, you have to see the positive. So I did not see. Uh, I'm just I'm looking at our you know, our our music blog page is reading like the Daily Mail now, you know.
Speaker 3: I know there's like such scandal and drama like.
Speaker 1: Test has never been to the music blog page before. It says Dave Girl's wife is reportedly leaning on her friend Kate went Kate Hudson. They were friends in these troubled times. And then I did not see this baby post that has since been taken down. I know you're talking about it in Houston's headlines crazy.
Speaker 3: It's wild.
Speaker 4: The chicken, the chick that's posting it is wild for that.
Speaker 1: Valerie Grayston posted to Instagram a pic of a baby and she said this I'm the one baby, I'm the one you're talking about, and this is this is Dave's baby. Now, Dave's people had to respond to that. It's like, oh God, every day there's gonna be somebody coming at you. So they had to respond to it and say, this is not real, you know, don't play into these things. So and she even named the kid roxy Juni Groll's the.
Speaker 3: Ugliest duviest name I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Roxy Roxy roxy juny roxy Juni Grol Girl. A rep for Grol told the press the child in the picture was not Grolls, and the post has since been deleted. Stay tuned for Monday's nonsense that you know that we're gonna have to cover that happened over the weekend.
Speaker 3: And girl, get a life, How why did you do that?
Speaker 1: How do you power rank?
Speaker 5: Like the stories from this would Dave girl, Lincoln Park eating dogs and cats, like all this craziness in five days, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's been It's been a week for the record books for sure. Rock and Alternative Fair The.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday with a little land Yap. You know what, land Yap is a little extra, something a little extra in there today little land Yap. The land Yap is big. Though usually it's something a little extra, It's huge. It's rod Ryan Show. Twentieth Anniversary Party. Tickets coming out coming with every case of beer today. So Jared the patch guy got in at seven. JD the truck driver got a started this morning. Are you going to be the next beer winner and joining us at the hottest party in town, The twentieth Anniversary Show, October twelfth, Carmack Brewery. Just a minute, a couple of minutes away. Ten percent chance of rain Sonny high of ninety six. We got another pair that will give away. I know the show, but yeah, just beer. One of the beer winners. Man, get your antickets. What a great way to start your weekend. Tessa Houston's headlines Please.
Speaker 4: Former President Trump says polls are declaring him the winner of Tuesday's debate against Vice President Harris. Trump said he will not debate Kamala Harris again. He said Harris should focus on her job as vice president instead.
Speaker 3: Of wanting another another debate.
Speaker 4: So on he went to post on truth social and he said, polls show that he won the debate this week, and it's a sign that she lost after she immediately called for another. Meanwhile, her campaign officials are revealing that she raised forty seven million dollars in the twenty four hours after the debate. Boeing says it's ready to renegotiate after its workers voted to go on strike. Thousands of aircraft employees at the manufacturing plans in Seattle and Portland rejected the Boeing contract offer on Thursday, and they voted to walk out today. At midnight Pacific time, the union leaders gave their approval of the contract, which was rejected by ninety five percent of union members.
Speaker 3: Remember when every domestic flight was like a scene from Fight Club.
Speaker 4: We were just getting all of these eclips of unruly passengers.
Speaker 1: Do you want to bring those days back? Or no?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I like this new report that found unruly behavior on airplanes has fallen seventy five percent in the past three years. FAA only received about fourteen hundred reports since January compared to almost six thousand reports in twenty twenty one. Now, listen, it's still higher than before COVID, but it's more in line with what's going on pre pandemic. So according to the report, there are three most likely reasons why people were beating each other up on planes.
Speaker 3: So now there are no mask mandates.
Speaker 4: Those mandates got people really really amped up during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: I think you got people a little spicy big time.
Speaker 4: Also, different people are traveling, so remember the airlines had to like slash prices back then to get people flying, and it led to a lot of rookie flyers who really didn't know the rules. That were also far more of actioners back then and fewer business travelers. So people were getting ripped at the airport because airplanes weren't serving alcohol. Remember they weren't serving alcohol on the planes, remember that. Well, there was like no they had removed booze from a lot of the airline services.
Speaker 3: We're just saying we're just not doing it.
Speaker 4: And so people would get hammered at the airport and then load themselves on the plane their and then of course being very reactive to any you know, another passenger telling you something, maybe the flight attendants telling you something, and you're like.
Speaker 1: What, So you're telling us we're behaving better?
Speaker 3: Yes, congratulations, keep it up.
Speaker 1: But I think that anger and hate transferred to sporting events because I feel like it's wilder than ever at sporting events.
Speaker 4: Well, that Chargers Raiders game where there was like ten fights in the stands.
Speaker 1: Raiders fans are gonna be Raiders fans.
Speaker 3: Culture they do.
Speaker 1: I get it, you expect that with Raiders fans. But every stadium there's fights now, and are.
Speaker 5: We just Chargers LA? They fight there? Okay, so what they do? Dodgers fans they yeah, that's how it works. That's how LA fans are foolish.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 4: Julie Bowen already gave away one detail about Happy Gilmore too. Her character from the first movie, Virginia and Adam Sandler's Happy are quote very much together. This could be seen as a bit of a spoiler, but Julie's like, no, I think I'm allowed to say that.
Speaker 3: In case you didn't know, that was her first film. That was her first movie was to be in Happy Gilmour, which is such a classic.
Speaker 4: She said she didn't like her short hair the way it looked then. She was really insecure about it, she said. Watching the trailer made her want to cry. She was so hot and beautiful.
Speaker 3: Remember all the pictures of beer and the laws scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she went on to do Modern Family and everyone right right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, production to start on Happy Gillmore too. There's no release date yet, but we're very excited. Gosh, I have another confession for you. It has been quite a week in Dave Girl's world. First he revealed that he had fathered a child out of wedlock, right, so we knew that. And then her, his daughter, deactivated her in Instagram in the middle of the scandal, and now he's having to deal with this trick claiming to be the mother who he says isn't. So she her name's Valerie Grayson. She posted to ig a pick of a baby and she's like, here's here's Dave Girl's baby that he's talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm the mom.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that somebody was gonna go this to ten swished the fish Buffalo's James. We scored three touchdowns in the game.
Speaker 5: Texans are going to try and start the season two and oh like the Bills when they host the Bears on Sunday night football Texans come into This is six and a half point favorites. Kickoff is at seven to twenty and you can watch that game on NBC. Some notable college games this weekend. Tonight we got fourteenth Ranch Kansas State taken on number twenty Arizona. Tomorrow, Alabama's gonna play Wisconsin. A and M takes on Florida. Oregon faces Oregon State, UT hosts UTSA, and U of Ah is gonna play Rice for the BUYU bucket.
Speaker 1: Check out the sports blog.
Speaker 5: Page day this is It was a weird sports blog page day.
Speaker 1: But there's a bunch of people that.
Speaker 5: Are joggers in Malaysia are getting attacked by gangs of wild otters. By wild otters. I want to read a little bit of an account. This is Malaysian woman Marissala Herron. She said the creatures jumped out and bit me while I was running, and there were many of them.
Speaker 1: I could not even stand up when it happened to.
Speaker 5: Other joggers who attempted to help me were also caught up in the bloody assaults.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I've never really out of drains ever come face to face with an honor.
Speaker 5: I feel like I would try and be like, come on, boys, let's pet like, let's hang out to him, and then they just do.
Speaker 1: But go check it out, wild otters.
Speaker 5: That's a problem now, and that's on the sports sports joggersoggers.
Speaker 1: Jogging is a sport. I felt like that was loosely attached, the loosest attachment ever Rock and All the Ryan.
Speaker 7: Morning Show from six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 16: What's yeah, Jesus Friday.
Speaker 6: You got a free Bamn Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free ban Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Bam Briday, Free man Friday.
Speaker 1: Did Rebecca Black get possessed by the devil?
Speaker 2: Have like?
Speaker 1: Or Jason too?
Speaker 5: Friday thirteenth a year and that's in there all the time and I look at it and I never get to use it, and I was like, hell, let's go with this, right, Wow, that was.
Speaker 1: A Friday the thirteenth Friday song. Hey, good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's on the phone here? Hello Melanie? No, no, no, Melanie is at the party. What No, Melanie's at the party?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, why not? Because it's trouble. No, no, prase, there's there's Oh my gosh, I'm not having melanies at this twentiethnivers party.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with the little trouble.
Speaker 1: Melanies are bad news, man, No.
Speaker 4: We're good news.
Speaker 9: We're good news.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding you go on, you've got me third kids, I'm not kidding. You have the third case of beer today. I was kidding about no melanies. I want all the melanies to go them. I want every Melanie.
Speaker 13: I've been signing every day, every day.
Speaker 1: I've been trying, all right, case of beer. Thank you Specs for the beer. And then a pair of tickets to the rod Ryan Showed twentieth anniversary party Carboch Brewery Melanie, October twelfth. You and bring bring, bring all the melanies with you. Well you only have two tickets, so another Melanie. One more Melanie. Yes, I will, Oh my gosh, thank you so much. Who are you going to bring to the party.
Speaker 17: I'm probably gonna bring my husband.
Speaker 1: Okay, sweet, he'll keep you in mind. Oh my god, Melanie.
Speaker 3: There you go, Melanie.
Speaker 1: You tell them Melanie's are wild?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, good for the aura points.
Speaker 1: All right, Melanie, you're the best. Where are you from.
Speaker 7: I'm from Houston.
Speaker 1: I'm here Houston. Okay, all right, well listen, Melanie's coming. Order more beer. I'll tell carback to crank up the pumps. Okay, we're gonna need some more beer. Melanie's coming, right. Thanks for being a part of the show today. You're awesome. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you so much, you two, Thank you, and the.
Speaker 1: Hubs gonna be joining us at the party. So nine o'clock, I'll have another case of beer and party tickets for you, and then we leave you with another pair. So I mean, don't tell me, but I'm not giving you chances to win. I'll give you fifty chances to win. On Wednesday. I got five chances for you today on the show. I had a hidden one yesterday. I don't have it. I don't have one hidden on the website today.
Speaker 3: Spoiler, don't do that.
Speaker 1: I don't, Yes, you do.
Speaker 3: I mean last year being Turkey.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, go look at every late on Friday. All right, I gotta take a break. What do we have? Oh? The other pair of pit passes? So both concerts. Huge weekend at the Woodlands. Man Sunday Night, Rob Zombie Alice Cooper are last pair of pit tickets on the flip of this break of Rock and.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I'm six to ninety four to five the buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday. One case of beer left. We'll get to that case of beer straight up at nine o'clock, and then that person will also get a pair of Rod Ryan Show twenty t aniversary party tickets. That'll be the first of two pair of tickets that we give away in that nine o'clock kind of a It's kind of like a sandwich where the Rod Ryan Show twenty ten niversary party tickets are the bread, and then you guys are the creamy, delicious filling with all your open phones calls. So we're gonna book end it with tickets in the nine o'clock hour. I got pit tickets coming up for Sunday night. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain today and all week and long. Sunny's guys today high at ninety six. So we said it was gonna get warmer out there. What's trending? Okay?
Speaker 4: So for us all day from now on to further notice, it's a Rod Ryan Show Cares store. Oh it's open for business. We're got back new designs. Boobs Rock merch. The Squeezy Boobs are in. Go in there, do some shopping. It is all new.
Speaker 3: Boobs rock merch. We're raising money for breast cancer research.
Speaker 1: And there's a place. I know a lot of you guys have a bunch of our T shirts and you're like enough with the T shirts a rod if even in today's pay day for a lot of people. Oh yeah, can you drop twenty bucks in there? Can you drop twenty five dollars in there and help us out? There's a there's a place to make an actual cash donation. But of course I want you wearing the stuff. There's a kid shirt there is There is a kid shirt in there, so I get hit up all the time. And it doesn't say boobs on it. It's a boobs rock shirt. The money's going to the thing, but it doesn't say boobs on there.
Speaker 3: There's a family friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a kid's shirt in there, so get off me about the kids stuff. Also stuff with one hundred of those.
Speaker 4: Okay, speaking of merch, did you see Biden just put on a Trump hat and like sign it did you see that little like.
Speaker 1: Shit the other day? I saw that and it was I thought it was Ai at first, but apparently it wasn't. He was showing some sort of unity on nine to eleven. He did it right, He.
Speaker 4: Did it on nine to eleven, and it was just another guy at you know, at some place he was visiting and he's like, hey, can you sign this?
Speaker 3: And he's like, sure, I'll autograph your hat, no problem.
Speaker 1: See, I don't think Biden knows how the internet works. Do you know? Does he know that that clip's going to be everywhere?
Speaker 3: It is everywhere? It is everywhere. Also, something that.
Speaker 4: Was on September eleven was the VMA's Video Music Awards and you had let me just for reference, kids, like, no one did the VMAs better ever than Britney Spears. She always had the most iconic performances. People are still recreating her looks, wearing what she wore. Yeah, well, she commented on Sabrina Carpenter, because Sabrina Carpenter to me, is like the new little Britney Spears running around and she's like, uh so, Brittany pops on ig and she's like, do you see Sabrina Carpenter, she's kissing an alien.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's so weird. Why wasn't she kissing a girl?
Speaker 4: Making a nod to the time she went up and kissed Madonna on stage, and then she said that just Sabrina Carpenter mentioning her on the red carpet made her feel cool. Britney spears like I forget I'm famous sometimes, so I thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Not to correct you, but Madonna frenched her yeah, and then no tongue for Christina Aguilera.
Speaker 4: That's right, iconic moment, though you remember the details?
Speaker 3: Do you see what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: I free frame freeze framed every frame of that video.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, go, that's was trending on ninety four five buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give some stuff away here.
Speaker 4: I have a pair of pit tickets to see Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper with US Pavilion Sunday night.
Speaker 1: All right, now, I've mentioned a few times. I mentioned it to a few of you that have won already. It is mandatory that today's winner of these pit tickets sends in a picture. Monday morning. I realize the show is gonna go late Sunday it'll be over at eleven. I want a picture of you in the pit Alice Cooper or Rob's armbie bonus if you get both over your shoulder. I demand that of the person that's trying to win tickets right now. It is mandatory. Okay, seven, one, three, two nine five, dol carefully. It's ninety four to five The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show at inkybyss and I wish you were in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store checking out our new merchandise. That's the name of that song. Paul went in and checked it out. He said, dude, perfect timing. Don't think we don't know how did you write that. Don't think we can't see you ripping off Lincoln Park on one of your boobs rock logos. You know everything's ripped off. I don't have any ideas of my own. Okay, yeah, one of those boobs Rock logos looks a lot like the Lincoln Park logo. Interesting, And the other one, there's another one in there, looks a little like Aerosmith's logo. I have been borrowing. I've been stealing from the best for years. Okay, Yeah, the rod Ryan Shoke Cares online store. It's back up. It's boobs rock time. This is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Okay, guys, go get that finger in your fanny. Okay, Gail called them the other day. He's like rotten, the blood works really good right now? All right, well call my doctor. Okay. He still likes to get all up in the me he likes to get in there. But you got to check. You gotta check, guys. The prostate cancer stuff we know and if you don't know what, you're gonna know now that that is one of the most treatable and curable cancers. If detected early enough, it's like no big deal. Okay, you have prostate cancer boom, but we caught it so early that booth. It's like it's like popping a pimple. We're gonna get rid of that for you. It's no big deal. Okay, you just gotta get checked though. Yeah, and then mc gal's know that, you know, breast cancer Awareness months and you should be checking your boobies and all of that. But all the money that we're now fundraising for, it's all for m d Anderson. All Right, Thank you to deb and Joe and everybody over at BMP for I mean working around the clock to get these designs up and just come up with the designs you can get the store up and running. Thank you, guys, Love you. Good morning. Who's on the phone, Good morning, it's Pam Armstrong.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hello, did you hear my home? I'm doing good. I just I need to know did you hear my whole rant about if you're calling for tickets? I'm gonna need something from you. Did you hear any of that? Or were you just too busy calling. I'll be happy to give me something, but I was busy driving. I just finished working at Double Overnight. Damn Double Overnight. What do you do, Pam? I work at Okay? Oh yeah, you guys got wacky hours. Oh yeah, morning show DJs. That's Steve the bread Man, the Milk Guy and Pam ups. They got the craziest hours ever. Probably add Amazon to that. That's twenty four seven, Pam. I was saying that if somebody was to win these tickets and they'd be in They're in the pit with rock legends Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper on stage. This is the last pair of pit tickets I have for Sunday night. I'm gonna absolutely require it. The person is going to have to send me a selfie on Monday morning of them in the pit with one of those rock legends over their shoulder, over.
Speaker 15: My shoulder with I'm gonna get both of them there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got the right person, Pam your caller ten.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, yeah, I made this and I am all work.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you the fact that you just told me that you're coming off of a double Yeah, you do need this. I'm so happy you wont Pam, and I really listen, don't break my heart. I've got my my I got my hopes, really set on seeing your picture on Monday morning waiting for me in my inbox when I wake up, of you and those rock legends, because you're gonna be in the pit. You're right there.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, all right, you guarantee I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Does everybody here? Are you guys hearing the same phone call? I am?
Speaker 3: I guess I am because and I'm a believer. And it's weird. I feel like you like, Okay, this one, I can believe.
Speaker 1: I believe everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you believe everybody. I know you believe this one.
Speaker 1: Then there's nothing on Monday, then there's nothing. I've been to a concert in the wow, so this is gonna be great. I used to go to all the bus fists and oh everything.
Speaker 4: It's had a.
Speaker 1: Lot of fun. Pam, you are a lot of fun and I can't I can't wait to see your fun pictures on Monday morning. Okay, thank you, thank you. It's good energy today on the show. That's good energy. That's that's that's getting me excited about open phones, which is coming up in the last hour of the show. Tessa, you're the only one that did some bartending.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: On the show. Many years she worked all the shifts I did. Bartenders say that there is one day of the week that brings out the worst customers. Don't shout about I want you to think about it. I want you to think about this, Okay, because I believe them, because I feel the same, and not even a bartender. I think I'm just jealous. Bartenders say this day of the week, absolutely, without a doubt, it's the worst day to work because the customers are the worst on this day. What day is it?
Speaker 3: Friday the thirteenth? No, I'm kidding. No, Fridays are great.
Speaker 2: My guess is.
Speaker 3: Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Thursdays.
Speaker 4: I think it's Wednesday. And here's the thing, but my place on Tuesday, we had a really good special, so I want to say Tuesday, but for me personally, it was Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're wrong, which it is? It it's those asshole people that got nowhere to be. They got no kids to tend to. They're not worried about Monday morning. They're drinking all day on Sunday. There's nothing more annoying. Now I am going to excuse during the football season. I'm going to excuse those people. But outside of football season, oh really, you can just drink all day on Sunday and just get waised it on a Sunday, I bet you are an asshole.
Speaker 3: The places I work I worked weren't open on Sunday. One was one.
Speaker 4: Was I hate them all, dude, I hate them Sunday crowds or yeah there's something.
Speaker 5: The worst and then they hungover.
Speaker 1: You do something, ride a bicycle or something. Who's drinking all day on a Sunday, You're the worst person ever Sunday. I'm just jealous because I can't do it same Sunday. Fund cut myself off after like the early games. Yeah, I'm gonna again. I think you know with during the football season. You know, you're all great people because you're football fans. But outside of football, you're just drinking on a Sunday, you know, the worst. And guess what the bartenders know it. Shut up about it. It was by far and away the number one answer for bartenders. Something said, Sunday people are the worst. So live on the.
Speaker 4: West Coast, you wake up and football's at like ten am, so people go down to the pier or wherever you go.
Speaker 1: Can you just go?
Speaker 4: But then the games are over so early, and so you're just drunk and like.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you to do that night. Take football season out. Okay, football season, it's a different season when football's not happening on Sunday and the only thing you have to do is go out and get loaded on a Sunday afternoon. Jealous, I am, jealous? I am?
Speaker 5: Is there a profession that complains more than bartenders?
Speaker 9: Do you think?
Speaker 5: I feel like that might be number one because I see online everyone like, now, don't ever do this to a bartender.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, if I order a drink, make me my effing drink. I don't care. I'm gonna give you money for it. I'm gonna tip you. Okay, you would put I think on an equal playing field, it would be bartender's weight staff. Yeah, retail. I feel like weight staff.
Speaker 5: I sympathize with more because like there are people that just are like mean to their waiter and then don't tell. I feel like bartenders just get like put out by like anything. Not all of them, but like the ones that complain it's the most minute stuff ever.
Speaker 1: Like this guy like it's such a Then don't do that.
Speaker 3: You're not messing with food. You're just with dream.
Speaker 4: It's a position of power because you have all the alcohol behind you, and I think people let that little thing.
Speaker 3: Get to their head. I think there are some bartenders it's like eight, the ones that can play.
Speaker 4: Papa Beer and pour your Rode consoda and just be nice to people will move.
Speaker 3: Just get together with the girls, little.
Speaker 1: Sunday fun day. Hey, you know what we should do. We should make a boomerang of all of us clicking our mimosas together. Let's boomerang that out. Let's make sure we get that out there on a Sunday. You gotta do a pick rand It's.
Speaker 3: Not me, girls, it's not me.
Speaker 1: It's the bartenders. It's a little me, but it's bartenders. They say that you're the worst. You Sunday drinkers. They go outside outside of football season.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Rod Ryan shown the.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four five, the bus that's Green Day and this is your free beer Friday edition of your rod Ryan Show. Another pair of Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets coming with that next case of beer. David has another excuse me. David has another profession. He says that bitch is the most. It's the it's the heavyweight champ. So we said, what what industry bitches the most about their jobs or about you know what they do? So Alex said, bartenders. I said, well, you know, anybody's got to deal with customer story service. Retail is another good one, I said, retail. David brother Rod Marine Corps veteran. Here service members complain more than anyone I know while they are in serving the country. Then they get out and complain more about how they hate life after service. I think I think just it's it's every industry. I don't think there's yeah, I mean there might be something that may be more. You know, you think about an industry out there where you know more people don't like what they're doing in that industry. Maybe so, But I think everybody bitches about their job. That's all right. I love this job. I'll bitch about it.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I love this I love this job. It's awesome. But I just expect the things at work to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like bitching a little.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I love this job. I hate this new studio. It's not even a new studio anymore. It's the dumb old studio that we've been in for over two years that doesn't work. Somehow it gets worse, all right, I can't lie to you. I don't have a pair of Rod Ryan Show Anniversary party tickets hidden on the website today. Yesterday I did.
Speaker 3: Sure you guys.
Speaker 1: Aren't helping because I got people to go and they're scrambling. They're looking at everything. They're like, Rod, just tell me, is I do not? I shouldn't do this. I do not have a pair of tickets hidden somewhere on LinkedIn guests today unless you really hit them. Oh Jesus Christ, I don't don't listen to them. He doesn't want you to go now, yesterday I did have a pair and Misty won them. So why don't you do it back to back because I'm not I'm just not doing it because I'm doing something that. What I'm doing with the extra ticket today is give it them to every beer winner. Ah Dan, Listen, there's extra web hits today and I don't I'm not lying to you, guys. There is not a pair hidden.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe by those joggers and audis.
Speaker 5: Back to the sports block page today and then definitely definitely check aol.
Speaker 1: I would never put them near those wild otters. That's that's exactly what you win. That's the dumbest story on our website today. You think I'm gonna put tickets around that?
Speaker 3: You know that time, wild Otters.
Speaker 1: If you want to win tickets, win the beer coming.
Speaker 2: Up, Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show, Get twenty.
Speaker 1: Four or five the Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, olymp Biscuit Concert of the Summer maybe maybe or is it going to happen this weekend? You got sold out Creed tonight. We gave away our last pair of pit tickets earlier that person promised me a picture, gave away pit tickets to Sunday Nights Rob Zombie l s Cooper. What if that turns out to be the show the summer. It's still summer, guys, she promised. I believe her, so, Pam No, I can't remember who won those tickets. She really sounded convincing like she was gonna send us pictures.
Speaker 3: I believed her. I I hardly anyone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the other ones I know. Just send me the picture. Okay, you win the pit tickets from us. You got to take the picture down there, all right, the selfie with the rock star over your shoulder. Ten percent chance of rain sunny skuys today highs of around ninety six. I mean you're taking that picture anyway. Every single person in the pit is turning around holding the camera in front of them with the dude behind him. Everyone's doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why wouldn't you just send it to me immediately?
Speaker 1: All right? Oh, all right, one final time Houston's headlines, and then we'll get to the beer and the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets You're on.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump says he will not be debating Kamala Harris a second time. The Republican presidential candidate went on truth Social yesterday and claimed he won this week's debate against Harris Trump will be giving a press conference this morning at his course in California. Louisiana's energy company says one of the parishes, excuse me, some of the parishes that lost electricity during Hurricane Francine may not get their power back until Monday. So yesterday they released a statement last night saying, okay, we have restored about fifty percent of our customer's power, but there were hundreds of thousands of customers who lost service as Francine moved across Louisiana this week, so they say, okay, look, some parishes in the area should have power restored by this afternoon, but those near Baton Rouge are looking at Saturday, possibly even Sunday, until they get their power back on. Today is the first of two Friday, the thirteenth this year. The second one is in December, which also is Taylor Swipts birthday. That's just an fyi.
Speaker 1: I I bought Adjason mask and I left it at home. I was going to bring it in. Yeah the picture, Yeah, I'll take a picture later. I brought an axe they wouldn't let me in with it. Oh yeah, no access dude.
Speaker 4: So there are a bunch of free deals that you can get, Like Krispy Kreme is celebrating a special promotion on Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 3: You have a win He's doing it too. We have a blog page up for this.
Speaker 4: But I also wanted to mention there are a lot of local tattoo shops that are doing the thirteenth Tattoo specials here in Houston.
Speaker 3: So you got Third Coast Custom doing it. You got seven win.
Speaker 4: Three So Third Coast Custom is like, this is the lowest prices of the year. They're doing it from ten am to ten pm. Technicolor Tattoo Studio on the East End they're doing thirteen color designs for one hundred and thirty each. Fine Liner's Tattoo Studio Harley Davison's in the Woodlands is offering a twenty dollars deal. They're doing thirteen dollars lucky tattoo plus seven dollars for a good luck tip.
Speaker 3: Lucky Sparrow is going to be in the house.
Speaker 4: There so lots of really fun I love that tattoo shops do this on this holiday. The flash tats. I think it's so quirky because it's a day that a lot of people associate with being bad, Like we like, you know what, it's a good day to go get a flash tat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get a lot of foot traffic in their places and then I'm sure they get tons of repeat business.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I wanted to talk about Cardi B.
Speaker 4: I know I have the karate kid guy in there, but Cardi B becoming a mom of three was huge news. The rapper announced the arrival of her baby daughter on Thursday. Cardi we announced her pregnancy in Instagram, and you know, she had filed for divorce for her from her husband, Migo's rapper Offset, but the two also share a six year old daughter. They have a three yar old son together and this is maybe number three for them. So congratulations to Cardi B and company. Mike Shanoda says linkin Park carrying on with their new singer isn't about erasing the past. If you didn't know, the criticism has just been ongoing for this new version of Lincoln Park, but Mike Shinoda obviously thinks that this is just a new chapter into the future for Lincoln Park.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 4: He said to the crowd at a Zero World tour on Tuesday that it's not about erasing the past. It's about starting this new chapter in the future and coming out here for each and every one.
Speaker 3: Of you who speaking to the fans.
Speaker 4: Chester Bennington's son Jamie has made it clear he does not like the new addition to Lincoln Park. His Instagram story post about Shanoda quietly erasing his father's life and legacy in real time have now expired, but he was very upset about that.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex, Let's go well. The Astros got to win yesterday. They beat the a six to three to avoid the sweep.
Speaker 5: They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Angels tonight in Anaheim. First pitch today is at eight thirty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. On Thursday Night Football, the Bills blew out the Dolphins thirty one to ten. Buffaloes James Cook scored three touchdowns in that game. The Texans are gonna try and improve the two to zero on the season Sunday when they take on the Bears On Sunday, Night Football. They're are six and a half point favorites heading into this game. Kickoff of that game at seven to twenty. You can watch it on nbc' Some notable college football games this weekend. Tonight we got fourteenth ranked Kansas State taking on number twenty Arizona. Some of the big games tomorrow fourth ranked Alabama against Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: We got A and M at Florida.
Speaker 5: Ut is gonna host UTSA, and U of H is gonna play rights for the BAYU Bucket. So UFC three oh six is going to be at the Sphere in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: I just looked at my guy over here and I said, dude, you have season the Sphere. Are we talking about it?
Speaker 5: I put some stuf on the sports blog earlier this week. Okay, they're gonna do. It's gonna be like interactive movies. I guess in between fights. I think I'm just gonna buy it just because of that sugar. Shane O'Malley is going to be trying to defend his bandonmweight title, and then Friend of the Show Alexa Grosso women's flyweight title up for grabs that I got ad from.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, she's Friends of the show. This is Alexa Grasso from UFC. You are listening the Rod Ryan Show on night four five. She was so sweet, she was so nice and sweet. I said, you punch people in the face. She goes, yeah, I do, Yeah, I punched people in the face. And then I apologize this for it because she's so nice. So the sphere, it's I saw a special on it, and that's what made me think about it. The ring is so tiny in that arena, in that sphere. Yeah, like you're not You're going not one person's going to be looking at the ring.
Speaker 3: You're just looking up.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna watch what they do, you know, in that dome. It's just I can't wait to see what it looks like.
Speaker 5: I'd get knocked out if I was fighting, not because I'm I'm bad at fighting, but just because I'd be staring at everything going on at this year.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, what's what's that? And then they just punched me in the face and it'd be over. Yeah, that's got to be distracting as hell to be fighting. Say so, it's like when you watch when you watch somebody running back of kick Now, they look up in the camera to see how close the person is behind them. They use this, they use the screens.
Speaker 5: You can see it, yeah, you can get last night, you could absolutely see it.
Speaker 1: When somebody's running, they're looking at the big screen to see how close the the you know, the person that's trying to.
Speaker 3: I could never focus. I could never vomo.
Speaker 1: This UFC is gonna be here to be awesome. All right, you got stuff on the the from earlier this week. I that backup.
Speaker 11: Yeah, anative, put up and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show, the.
Speaker 2: Buzz fdayday you got.
Speaker 6: Free bam Friday and right bam Friday and right bam Friday and.
Speaker 3: Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello, good morning. Yes, who's this Jimmy Morrison. Jimmy your caller? Oh that would suck if you were nine, dude, No, it would suck if you were eleven your caller?
Speaker 7: Ten?
Speaker 1: You're ten, You're ten, You're ten. Awesome. Would you like to join us at the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party?
Speaker 2: Yes, there I would.
Speaker 1: Well, then let's get you into. Let's get you, you and the awesome you and a guest into the hottest party in town. Oh yeah, you won beer. Thank you, specs for the case of beer and and all our beer winners today are going to join us for the big party.
Speaker 15: Okay, awesome, Hey one quick, shut up, baby girl, Lexus, I know you're listening.
Speaker 6: I got us then, right.
Speaker 1: Who's alexis my good foot? Very good? Well?
Speaker 5: Aweso.
Speaker 1: She should take you out to dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby, girls should take you.
Speaker 1: She should treat you all week and long, treat you like the king you are. Jimmy, I would use this. I would milk this all the way up to the party. Okay, I would milk this all the way October, October twelve, Carbock Brewery. Jimmy and his chick. They're in, man, they're in. All right, dude, you have a great weekend, Jimmy. Good to have you on. Well do thank you so much. I've got one. You're welcome. You're welcome. I've got one pair left for today, and then I got no plans in doing anything with these tickets this weekend. We'll be back on Monday. But we did have a meeting this week and we talked about some fun things that we want to do with tickets. I feel like we've come up with cool some cool things. So we're gonna have some fun with this as we are now what four or five weeks away? Four weeks maybe from the party now, so know the show, twentieth anniversary party tickets? What else.
Speaker 3: Is it's happening.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's clear out these phone lines. Clear out these phone lines. Let's get them on, Julie, get them up, get them on. Open phones for Friday, Open phones for Iday, more like open phones frid Yay, Okay, what do you want to talk about? Open phones Friday? I'd like somebody to call in that goes out and gets loaded every Sunday afternoon. I'd like to tell you that you're I'd like you to convince me that you're a great person. And then the bartenders, not me. Bartenders voted Sunday drinkers the worst drinkers of the week. I'd like you to convince me otherwise, because I believe the bartenders. I'm just jealous that I can't do it. Do you not work on or do you just not work early on Monday? Do you know that might be it? How do you not? I can't not think about work.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're just like gitting your last kicks, you know. Instead of the Sunday series you're like, forget about.
Speaker 1: That Good Morning rod Ryan show. Who's this? This is Mark Damble? Hey, how are you? I'm doing fantastic? How much? So I'm doing well. You sound like you're a guy calling for beer. I gave away the beer in the tickets already. Oh man, I was actually calling for the tickets. Oh yeah, yeah, I gave those away. It's open for you. Want to talk about anything else. You're on the air for open Phones. Well, work for the Alli Theater. We have our new production coming up, Noises Off. Come check it out. It's a great plug for your business. Bro, what do you do? What's your role with Alle Theater? I am the bar in evince manager. Okay, Like you should be the narrator, dude, you got a great voice. Yeah, oh, thank you. You should be like narrating all the stories. Hey man, maybe maybe next season. Okay, all right, dude, well listen, I know you're trying to get through. I think I think it's all beer people. Guys, it's open phones. Now, good morning. Who's this? He calling for beer and tickets?
Speaker 13: Just shout out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, you're calling for open phones. What's your name?
Speaker 2: Eric?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your shout out.
Speaker 15: Shout out to my son Dylan Sistill logos and playing football tonight.
Speaker 3: Go lowbos.
Speaker 1: How old is Dylan? He's seventeen seventeen?
Speaker 3: What position do you play?
Speaker 9: Running back?
Speaker 1: That's awesome important? You know? Can I ask you? I mean, listen, it's open phones. We want to keep it like tight and bright. But when you see these things like with two Monday night or or Thursday night football and you see him with the concussions and stuff, are you worried about your boy playing football? Obviously he's playing, so that's good, But how much is it talked about as far as, like, you know, keeping these kids safe.
Speaker 9: I talked to him very often.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know, I played back in high school obviously, but it just you know, I try to keep him up today. You know, it's kind of not worth pushing themselves too much.
Speaker 9: So we're over some football.
Speaker 15: But yeah, you know, younger kids, they're gonna keep pushing themselves.
Speaker 9: They know better.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, bro, listen, thanks for the call. Good morning, rod Ryan. What is Chili doing? Good morning? Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 9: Jordan Wilson the machine?
Speaker 1: Hi, Jordan, you're on open phones? What you got? I want to say, I'm so excited for the Creed show. I want tickets.
Speaker 9: Back in Mile of Meat, and I'm gonna take my cousin.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a fun show.
Speaker 9: He's a big fan of freed Ors down as well.
Speaker 12: A concert of the summer.
Speaker 1: I'm calling it now, you're calling this the I just got done saying that Limbiscuit was the concert of the summer. Of course I intended that one. And I'm not gonna be able to go see Creed. I'm so upset that I'm not gonna be there. Uh yeah, why don't you give us a nice review on Monday? Okay, bro, yes, sir, I got love it. Thank you, Jordan, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Open phones. This is when this is when Chili just kind of leaves me hanging. This is what happens. Good morning, Good morning. Hi. Who's this? That what you got? Dude? You're on the air, don't swear?
Speaker 15: Oh yes, for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're on the radio right now. Oh fahing I you've tried to contact you for probably five years already. Oh really, okay, well listen, you've been trying to call for five years. How can I help you? You're on the air, what do you got well, I've been. My wife's birthday is on the twenty sixth.
Speaker 15: I try to figure out if we can go with you and.
Speaker 1: Enjoying the body. This is what Chili's dealing with. Everyone's calling for those tickets. Listen. I'm glad that you're on the air. Thank you. I've got a pair of tickets. I got one pair of tickets left to give away, and those are gonna come on know the show before we get out of here today. It's the last chance this week, and then we'll do it all again next week. We'll give you chances. But as far as the beer and the tickets, I gave those away already. Oh thank you, buddy man, thank you, Thank you dude. Nice guys, and I hope you get through. All right, let's clear these phone lines. So everyone's obviously still calling for tickets. All right, that's it. The tickets are gone. Can we get into open phones properly? Can we get into open phones? What is it that you want to talk about anything other than asking me for tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. I mean, now, I mean it when I say it, anything other than asking me for tickets to the party. I'll get you on the air, okay, open phones, and we will leave you with a pair of those tickets. So all hope has not been lost. I got lines open, well, no, I got one line open seven, one, three, two, five, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show. I want to hear the rest of that song. My house, my house. Anybody know who that is? LCD sound System, Dat punk is playing at my house? Is that what that is?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Alex, you should be on the music show.
Speaker 1: Do we have it in all that? I'm on a rock station promo makes me want to hear that song. Hey, good morning, welcome, welcome back, everybody, lady sounds this is awesome. Yeah, I'm not familiar.
Speaker 3: How do you know about that?
Speaker 1: No of them, I just don't know them. They're they're like you gotta listen to like a whole album. Man, you're gonna hate it, like not going on some drug journey with you. Okay, come on, buddy, listen, He's not.
Speaker 3: Listen a whole album.
Speaker 1: He's a father.
Speaker 3: You are too. You should stop that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna do anything you tell me it is. I'm doing some gonzo journalism over here. Yeah with LCD Chance Alex Online. All right, Hunter S.
Speaker 5: Thompson, what you got Yeah, we're just gonna listen to El sound System and Jack Carroit love it go ahead today day.
Speaker 1: Well it's called Law and Order. We're nah, Okay.
Speaker 5: Every celebrity, it seems like, has been on Law and Order, whether it be like they were a dead body, they were a witness, they were something. You're gonna see a bunch of celebrities and try and guess whether or not they have actually been in an episode of Law and Order.
Speaker 4: This is perfect timing because Detective Benson's like uniform that she wears. I think they just donated it to like the Smithsonian. So this is a good one.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why I did. Oh, I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. So we talked about Julie Bowen earlier. Has Julie Bowen been on Law and Order or not? I bet she has.
Speaker 3: I bet she has.
Speaker 1: Yes, she was a guest star. Yeah, of course she was.
Speaker 5: She want more Ariel Winter No, no, yeah.
Speaker 1: No way, Nah, she was a guest star.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody's been on it, dude, I think we'll have been on it. Law and order or nah, we'll check it out. See how you can get rid of the world. Finished rideran show paged a buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey you're in luck. It's open Phones Friday, Chilie. You got people that want to talk about other things that asking for tickets or is it?
Speaker 3: Probably not?
Speaker 1: Is that all we got here today? Yeah?
Speaker 13: I hate you for doing that for Beer Friday, for Beer Friday tickets, because uh, when you go straight to open phones the first fifty calls or just tickets.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I think we have some people here that are wanting to use open phones Friday for what it's used for, Like, Haley, what do you got?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Haley, Good morning Rod?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello you great, welcome in on open Phones Friday. What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 17: I just wanted to say I miss you guys so much. I recently moved to Nevada, but I still listen to you every single morning and it's never a dull moment between all of you.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Oh shout out because I just got a guy here that moved to Spain and he's listening okay, fun, Yeah, sorry, he's not. You know, I'm always trying to like outdo you for the distance, but you know, I really appreciate it totally. He goes. I just moved from Houston to Spain on Monday, and I continue to listen on iHeartRadio, So shout out to James. But Haley, thank you. Tell me about the move. How you liking it out there in Nevada? I love it.
Speaker 7: I love the mountains.
Speaker 17: Beautiful out here.
Speaker 9: It's not humid.
Speaker 7: My kids love it.
Speaker 1: My son wanted to me to also say hi and uh.
Speaker 17: He enjoyed three to eleven and everything.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome. Yeah, what's your name?
Speaker 12: I thank you?
Speaker 4: Liam?
Speaker 3: Okay, Liam, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate at the long distance. Love keeping us, you know, a little piece of Houston. Don't leave us. You can leave us, but never leave us. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave Candy, good morning, Good morning, Ron. How are you awesome? What you got Candy? You're on open phones?
Speaker 12: This is Candy from Italy.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: What you got, Candy. I'm so glad you're checking in with us. How's it going over there?
Speaker 3: What's again?
Speaker 1: We're still listening.
Speaker 11: It's going great here.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 12: My daughter lives in Corpus and she's a filmmaker and they Yeah, she got together with some other local filmmakers in Corpus and they put together some horror movie anthology kind.
Speaker 1: Of thing that's going to be on YouTube and it's premiere tonight on YouTube and there's.
Speaker 12: An episode every night or every Friday until Halloween.
Speaker 1: And it's a horror and I'm assuming it's all it's filmed in Corpus, using Corpus, Corporyites, Corpus Christians.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, what is it called? If you send me an email, I'll tweet it all out. And I kind of just want to see it for myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to see it too, Candy. Yeah, I'm so excited to see it.
Speaker 12: I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 3: It's called Dead of Night, Dead of Night.
Speaker 1: Great name, well Man, great name.
Speaker 3: Corpus is super haunted too, so this is going to be great.
Speaker 1: All right, Candy showed us the link. We'll tweet it out so everybody else can enjoy it too. Okay, I will thank you, all right, thank you, Dustin simply Dustin. Good morning, guys, Hello Dustin. How are you.
Speaker 9: I'm doing pretty good?
Speaker 12: Sorry, but I'm really laying when I don't live on the other side of the planet right now, just like here.
Speaker 1: In the woods, Boring.
Speaker 5: Wow, this guy's from Bora, Boring, from the greatest country in the world.
Speaker 1: No, we couldn't do the show without you. Guys. Youre locally, you're on What do you got?
Speaker 12: I got a cool little story real quick. So I tried to call it in yesterday and I hardly ever get through. It's crazy that I got through two days in a row. I was trying to call it yesterday for the Alice Cooper ticket. Billy answered and I was call her number nine, so I just barely missed it.
Speaker 1: And kicking the nuts, kicking the nads, man, it hurt.
Speaker 12: So I got off the phone and I remembered that I had actually met you and Alice Cooper in my store in Katie Mills Mall, in my Nike store. I was the manager there, and I want to say about two thousand and eight, and I met I met both of y'all the same week.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm saying it couldn't have been at the same time. I've never met Alice, so that.
Speaker 12: I didn't meet you all together. I met you on one day that week and then Alice Cooper came in a later day that week.
Speaker 1: Did who was cooler? Me or Elice Cooper? Answer?
Speaker 12: Honestly, Well, you took a picture with me. Okay, he did not take a picture with me, but he did give me an autograph. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask you for an autograph. Bro, I would have signed anything you want. I would have signed every shoe in the store had you asked me. Duy, you didn't because he thought I would bring down the price of the shoes. So thank you for that, Alice Cooper.
Speaker 12: I thought that the picture. I thought that the picture was more personable.
Speaker 1: All right, that's a great story. But Elice Cooper he was cool though? Did he he was cool? Did he refuse the picture?
Speaker 12: No, I just didn't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't even know what the situation was. He he came in, he was being kind of off putting. He didn't really want to get bothered you. You were very approachable, but he was definitely just chilling. He came in wearing some juicy couture. Uh stop, please, pajamas.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That's awesome. Hey, you know what, I'll use it for throw Back Thursday next week, Dustin, if you have that old picture, send it to me. Email me Rod at the buzz dot com. I'm very approachable. Always come up and say hi to me next time. Everybody, Hey Chris. People don't Chris, You're next up on open phones?
Speaker 7: Hey guys, how y'all doing so great?
Speaker 1: How are y'all?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great? So I was the person that went on the cruise last week, and Chili used my.
Speaker 17: Pictures well and inserted himself and that was hysterical.
Speaker 1: Better because because you saved the bit. Okay, Chili for some reason, and you know what, this is a good reminder because nobody has said anything yet. What does he have six picks? This weekend? I literally wrote who has six picks?
Speaker 3: Because I need to know?
Speaker 1: Let me just hear from the man himself, Chili, do you think you have six picks? Or did we just miss your week? And we go on to the next person. Hey man, how does it work in your world?
Speaker 13: I said I would take them this week, but if Tessa wants to take them, she can have them.
Speaker 4: There's no there's no wanted you have them?
Speaker 3: Or do I have that?
Speaker 1: Well? You have since you asked? You asked? All right, Chris, Chris, where was your Where was your cruise? Two?
Speaker 3: So I went from Galveston down to cause them, l oh, I can put my photoshop myself.
Speaker 1: And that what was it light cruising with Chili? It was Chris.
Speaker 3: He was a total fault.
Speaker 9: Everybody drinks.
Speaker 7: He's amazing.
Speaker 3: Wow, you bought everyone drinks. That's never happened here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chilie, I must have been dreaming on that. All right. I enjoyed those pictures as well, Thank you, thank you. All right. So Chili's got six picks this weekend. That's another line open for all you heard in Chili. Seven one three two one two five nine four five The Rod Ryan Show, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. It's the offspring. Why don't you get a job? Sunday afternoon drinkers? They wrote that about earlier today on the show, we talked that bartenders say that there's one day of the week that brings out the worst customers, and it was on Sunday. And I, you know, I'm not a bartender, but I co signed it. I said, yeah, absolutely, Philip says, right. I called into open phones, but I had to go. I had to hang up. Not all Sunday drinkers are assholes? Are you sure he's defending now? I this was outside of football season. What about soccer season? No, because I'm really like on British time, not all Sunday drinkers are assholes. Rod Sundays has been my only day off for the last few months. I take advantage. The morning typically starts with me being at home depot or an auto part store when they opened, then back home to start taking care of business. My drinking typically typically starts before noon, while working at home with the radio going not in the dark dank bar, whining to a bartender. Sunday drinkers are unprepared. You have to hit the liquor store on Saturday to buy enough for Sunday. Oh so you got to prepare, that's right? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can't buy that, Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm any more convinced or less convinced.
Speaker 1: I'm just jealous that I don't do it right. I'm very jealous. It's open Friday. Let's go down the line. I'm getting every one of you on open phones. We're gonna make it quick, though, But Eric, you're up next for open phones Friday.
Speaker 9: Thanks for holding Hey, good morning brother Rod, Good morning dude.
Speaker 1: What you got for us today?
Speaker 15: Just on the road, drive us six hours and watch my son's play Francisco, Texas. I want to give them a shout out, Fabian and Dylan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you parents that travel to go see your kids play.
Speaker 3: Wonderful people.
Speaker 1: They're not drinking on Sunday. He's driving home from some tournament. Yeah, you know what it's like. You can't. You got these kids that are playing travel ball and that becomes your whole life. Are they playing far away a lot?
Speaker 7: Eric?
Speaker 1: Or just is this a one offul?
Speaker 15: This is a high school football? They lives.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Friday night lights, Dude, you gotta go six hours?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you staying overnight or are you driving back after the game.
Speaker 15: I'll be staying for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 4: I love our state so much. I love good luck to all the Friday night football players.
Speaker 1: So we go from Eric to e raq r N. What's up? Guys? Are registered? Nurse e Rock? He doesn't like if I I was almost.
Speaker 3: Gonna call that Eric, e Rock, good thing you did it?
Speaker 1: And then I saw trick me too.
Speaker 9: I want to start talking.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm the only e Rock on the show. What are you doing? E Rock? Not much?
Speaker 9: Driving? Uh? Driving back into up Heroland right now. Just picked up the truck. You're gonna take the camper out for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh are you now? Okay? You're not You're not nursing this weekend?
Speaker 9: Uh? Nope, I got lucky. I'm off this weekend.
Speaker 1: Good for you, and you're not on call or anything, right, so you can go do and have some fun.
Speaker 9: Exactly. I'm off for four days.
Speaker 1: You get a drink on Sunday, E Rock?
Speaker 9: Oh, of course after Monday.
Speaker 3: But where does one go for four days? Like leaving from here?
Speaker 18: Uh, we're probably going to go just a brother spend takes park Punk up there.
Speaker 9: I have a couple other things in sugar Land on Saturday, and that'll make it easy for us.
Speaker 1: Are you in a camper situation?
Speaker 9: Yep, I have a twenty eight foot camper. I pull behind the truck.
Speaker 3: Take rod. He wants to go.
Speaker 1: Just show me how to back it up? Can you give me like a tutorial. I'm backing that thing up. Figure it out.
Speaker 9: I'm in trial and error.
Speaker 3: Check the page. Back that thing up Rod.
Speaker 1: All right, e Rock, you should have six picks this weekend.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 18: So really what I wanted to do was formally call out Alex on the air that he needs to go get his hockey gear from his parents' house so we can play.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's probably like dry rotted through now. I know. I know they were probably put away sweaty fifteen years ago, and there's probably organisms that are growing that the signs wouldn't even know how to identify those things.
Speaker 5: He asked me to come out and plan, like, dude, I'd be so bad right now.
Speaker 1: I plan hockey in my ten years almost Iraq, I am, I am curious. I would like to see some pictures of this camping business of yours.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, we'll do.
Speaker 4: I'll send you some prig I.
Speaker 1: Would love to see that. All right, Erock, be safe? Okay, Laala, good morning, good morning, Good morning to you. How are you.
Speaker 10: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: Did you have something that you wanted to promote today?
Speaker 13: Is this?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is Lala. Yeah, this is Lala. Okay, dog go ahead, dogs dam.
Speaker 3: Oh my dog.
Speaker 4: Oh that's Nato.
Speaker 12: That's my little Showini Inkle.
Speaker 1: Bitter well, what did you want to promote?
Speaker 17: So this Saturday, my kids at Crockett Elementary are having a community yard sale from eight to.
Speaker 1: Twelve, So everybody come on out, family friendly. There's going to be moonwalks, I think some snow cones.
Speaker 12: There's gonna be stuff going on there as well.
Speaker 1: You know my kid always goes for those blue snow cones. You know, it comes after that a green turd, a green turd somehow, a blue snow cone turns into a green turd somehow.
Speaker 4: All right, La La, where is it at Clockett Elementary and Taylor?
Speaker 1: You're awesome and it's tomorrow, Yes, tomorrow from to twelve. You got great weather for it too. Man, good luck out there, Jessica, good morning. Hello, Hi Jessica, thanks for holding.
Speaker 17: I was just sitting in the League City Police Department turning in my badge. And but I'm the one that sent you the pictures from Virginia Sunrise the other day.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a lot, well, so much.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, rong.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait a minute, what do you mean you're turning in your badge.
Speaker 17: I'm a discat there for League City Police Department, and I'm turning in my badge because I'm on the road with my husband now, because we do hot that. So that's why I sent you the pictures from Virginia.
Speaker 1: When you say you're turning in your badge, that's you like saying I'm done with this job. This is it. I'm through and you're done with that job.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My mom was a dispatcher for a long time, and yeah, she kind of got over it.
Speaker 9: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 9: I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: But the hot shotting thing, it's just you and your dude. Yeah, you're out on the road.
Speaker 3: What is hot shotting?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like when you need stuff moved around like a like a like a delivery. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Do you use your own vehicle?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What kind of vehicles?
Speaker 17: We like basically live in our truck. We have an F two fifty and we like took the back seat out and put a bed in it.
Speaker 9: We basically like live it.
Speaker 1: What fun? What do you say to people? What do you say to people that come up to you all the time and say, don't get your honey where you make your money? You're with your.
Speaker 3: Dude all, are you sure?
Speaker 1: I mean they must come up to you all the time, like you and your dude work together.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but we actually do really well together. We've been together for twenty one years, and.
Speaker 3: Like they like each other Rod.
Speaker 17: When he was on the road by himself, like and I stayed at home while I was still working at the PD. Like we like fought more than we do when we're together.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, because you miss each other because you love each other.
Speaker 1: Do you take turns driving?
Speaker 17: No, because I don't have like the licensing and stuff like that yet.
Speaker 9: But he's actually yeah, he's actually I'm the passing to friends.
Speaker 3: She makes some sandwiches all day long.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is he's the hot shot.
Speaker 6: You are.
Speaker 3: He is nuts. He is only a shot without her.
Speaker 1: She's the hot He's the hot shot.
Speaker 17: His name is Dwayne. He actually made me call you this morning.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, all right, He so he wanted me to call you.
Speaker 17: We have lawn seats for Creed on Saturday, but we weren't able to get pit passes. But if we can sneak into the pit, is there any pictures you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you get in there, of course, I want anybody that we are responsible or not responsible for being in that pit.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Picture, we would like pictures of the great Scott staff over your shoulder, little tiny Scott's stap on your shoulder.
Speaker 3: Maybe his arms are wide open, I mean you're pinching him with your fingers.
Speaker 1: If you can get that picture that.
Speaker 9: That would be cool.
Speaker 1: All right, Jessica, thank you, thank you? Yeah, that would be That would be rough being on the road with your chick all the time, So I gotta be okay with that. What is she listening right now? No, it's gonna get back to her.
Speaker 4: What 'll just like go on forevery much, just like the perfect couple.
Speaker 3: Huh, it's just like the most love.
Speaker 1: Of every Jessica and Dwayne. Well, why don't you see if they're hiring over a hot shots?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, next night and ship yourself out of here.
Speaker 1: Surprise, she's not sitting right next to you right now. Work with me. What do you giving away?
Speaker 3: I know the show, I don't know, an extradited pair of passes.
Speaker 4: Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. You guys have been going crazy for this. You better know what I'm talking about. I don't even know what I'm talking about, but y'all better know. If you want the tickets Chili.
Speaker 1: Couldn't even get a call in on open phones because people were calling for tickets. I know, all right, Uh, it's our last pair of tickets, and then we turn it loose for the weekend. All right, Tessa will have a question on the flip of this break Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. My goodness, I'm gonna say that the whole week flew by.
Speaker 3: It did really really.
Speaker 1: Quick man, you guys, I mean it means I like it. It means I'm having a good time with my pals talking on the radio and then getting you guys involved. I love it. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party. I mean I'm looking forward to it, maybe more than you guys. I am. I cannot wait for this party. October twelfth, Carmack Brewery. Can't go anywhere without people asking for tickets. It's good. That means you guys want to win. Couldn't even get an open phones caller for the first segment. Everybody's asking for tickets was like, Hello, what are you doing. He's like, dude, nobody wants to talk to you. They just want tickets. All right, Well, you're gonna have to talk to us now if you want tickets to the anniversary show, you're gonna have to answer test this question. What is it?
Speaker 4: Well, we talk about a lot of silly things on this show, and I'm just so glad that Alex put a spotlight on this because joggers are getting attacked. They are getting attacked, is not even funny.
Speaker 3: I want you to know.
Speaker 1: Everybody was going so well.
Speaker 3: How dangerous?
Speaker 4: What dangerous thing is attacking is joggers?
Speaker 3: Because we gotta put it into it.
Speaker 1: It's a very serious issue.
Speaker 4: I stand with the joggers.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be on the sports blog page. Is jogging not a sport? Ride? Is it not a sports?
Speaker 3: The way I do it it is. You can see me jog.
Speaker 1: Her Paul. Now, the show was going so well, it still is. Everybody loves that going out on this turd seven one.
Speaker 6: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the buzz on iHeartRadio, getting.
Speaker 11: Ninety four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio Houston's.
Speaker 3: Rock and Alterer and it is prose where.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the buzz? Are we not playing the pumpkins in a couple of days.
Speaker 17: That hurt.
Speaker 3: You forgot how to do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this blew out like that rake muscle in my back.
Speaker 3: A ring dinger. You need to get an adjustment.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was showing Alex. He said he's heard of this before. I've never been to a chiropractor before. But that's I'm sorry. We're just catching you up on what we talk about during sauce. And there's a guy. There's a guy here in Houston that does it. It's called the ring dinger. And I've never been to a chiropractor before. My dad used to go. He believed in it. But you're laying on the table and they lock in your with like these uh I don't know these things that go into the table kind of. But then they wrap a towel around your neck and then they yank your head and just align you. There was a tuckson player on this guy's table.
Speaker 2: Got it all right?
Speaker 1: You gotta go, I wander. I'm gonna go for I want a ring dinger. Yes? Where can I go for a ring dinger?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sunny skies today Tember cent chance of ring highs up around ninety six. Let's go please now time for you know this show on ninety four to five the buzz and I got like six texts from the radio. Wizard he must not have his kids this weekend. He wants six picks. You know what it is. He's going to Creed. He's going, He's going to Creed, Creed.
Speaker 3: Let him have it.
Speaker 1: Chili is doing six picks. If Wizard wants to jump on board, then Wizard can Chilli. You got six picks, so fast? Good morning. Who's on the phone. Hello, hello everybody? Hello, Hello, Hello, Lenny. A right, Lenny, Hello, Lenny, Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm really on the winner.
Speaker 1: Well you haven't want anything yet, okay, but you're on the radio. I know. Okay. Tessa has a question for you. I get it. It's it's a big it's the biggest ticket we got. What's your question, Lenny?
Speaker 3: I need you to focus.
Speaker 4: I needed to focus and tell me about the serious thing that is attacking joggers in Malaysia. Smile honors.
Speaker 1: They're people to ankle biers honors. Yep, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: The gangs are wires.
Speaker 1: The problem, Lenny. Everything about this show today was going so well until know the show.
Speaker 4: Gang activity Honors Malaysia joggers in peril.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous, Lenny, twentieth anniversary party. You got tickets? Congratulations you are.
Speaker 4: That's a high pitched squeal there, very excited.
Speaker 1: Blew the headphones off my head. October October twelfth, Carbok glory, Okay, Lenny, Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 13: I've been listening for years and years and years in the old days.
Speaker 17: When people say they're getting engaged and you play that sound from like the submarine that was going.
Speaker 1: Down for I forgot about that's funny.
Speaker 3: Why do you hate love?
Speaker 1: I don't know because I heard that, because in the back of my head I heard that submarine sound as I was saying I do.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a fun party.
Speaker 1: All right, Lenny, who are you bringing? I don't know yet. That's awesome, right, well, Lenny, have a great weekend. All right? Wow, what a day. What a week. We're gonna do more of this rod Writing Show twentieth aniversary stuff next week. We're gonna continue to have fun. We're gonna continue to do some fun things with these tickets. We know we're sitting on something good here, so we're gonna use it. So that was a big part of our meeting yesterday. What I need? You have used a little more cow bell? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. Baby, I got a fever and the only prescription more cow bell.
Speaker 4: All right, Chili's got six picks according to what has transpired, Yes, all right.
Speaker 1: Tune time Hall of Famer Kevin beat Fresh Dean this morning, Fresh Dean Dean Dean the dancing machine didn't do so well. Hell of a dancer, though. Kevin's gonna go for No, Kevin's gonna go for wind number four. I think, Yeah, what.
Speaker 3: Does it sail there?
Speaker 1: Too? Open phones, callers, you finally got into it. So that was good, Specs. Thank you for the Beers twentieth anniversary tickets. We gave away five pair today on the show, Jeremy's got some okay, beat him up above those. He's got a chance for you to pick your tickets. In the one o'clock hour, he said, everyone's picking the anniversary show. That's good. That's good. Fanny Friday, did I look No, I'm watching Ring Dingers over here on YouTube. He ye, I gotta check out the Fanny Friday. It was number one link today. It's Friday the thirteenth. Nobody believes that it's a bad day. It's like ninety percent of you go buy into that Manby Jambie. You know, I don't buy into Mamby or Jambi. But there's about ten percent of you that do feel like this is a bad day, unlucky day. So turn it around and own it. I think that's what the whole thing is with thirteen. Now Rod Bryan Show replay tomorrow morning from six until eight. Thanks Chili, six picks, Wizard must have a big weekend. Hua Wawee Wizard. We're gonna find out what he does on the weekend. They'll be hanging out with rock stars. Maybe we'll get six picks from Chili and the Wizard on Monday, and then all those pit tickets. You guys were so convincing. I believe every one of you. Now I know that none of you will, but I think we're gonna get a couple They're gonna get a couple of pictures. We's better test is on Houston Life today at one o'clock and that's it. Guys, have an awesome weekend. UFC from the Spear Spear. It looks so cool, doesn't it? You're gonna have a watch party. Can I come over and watch here? No, I'm stuck with another party.
Speaker 4: Actually, oh yeah, we could use a parking spot.
Speaker 1: Welcome to come all right, that's it, we do we we gotta go stick around. Jeremy's a cool guy man. And congratulations on again again. That found out this week that Jeremy got engaged. Man, that's amazing. Guys, have about have the great weekend. We're back on Monday.
Speaker 2: Amm Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast, check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.