Speaker 1: Listen anytime when I'm going to work with the iHeartRadio. I downloaded the app on my phone.
Speaker 2: I can listen whenever I want at fifty five ARC dot com. You's shy of eight oh six Here fifty five KRC de Talk station. A very very happy Friday to you. Wow, what an amazing hour with World War two veteran Frank Wetton. Camp World is a different place. Indeed, Frank, it's a valuable information if you're just tuning in. It is a worthy hour for you to spend on the podcast page fifty five KRC dot com to hear what Frank had to say. And a worthy organization. I'm always happy to bring Joe Montgomery on the program. He's the founder of and board chair for a group called Patriots Landing, which you can find online at Patriots Landing dot org. They make what they call products with a purpose. Joe, Welcome back to the Morning show Man. It's always good talking with you.
Speaker 3: Brian. Good Friday morning, my friend. Yeah, bless you. How are you, sir?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: I understand your mobile right now here to bust somewhere.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, things that's just been going so well, sir, we've talked, you know, over the last couple of years about Patriots Landing and our mission and.
Speaker 1: Our uh oh joe.
Speaker 3: You know. Burnett both Ends dropped my son off at a golf tournament this morning at six forty and then ran to the farm and picked up a trailer. And then we've had been blessed with a tremendous opportunity with a buddy of mine up in northern Kentucky to make a product out of it's actually one inch hdpe plastic. It's a long story short. I've got a twenty short trailer attached to the Patriots Landing truck and I'll be heading up north through northern Cincinnatia by top Golf and picking up a bunch of material this morning.
Speaker 1: So what are you going to be making out of that? What are you making out of that?
Speaker 3: So they're called cable blocks. So a very dear friend up in northern Kentucky owns a business. We go to church together, coach to his son and his daughter and archery and they run. They run very simply. They run these bus systems through these gigantic warehouses that they're just building everywhere. The Amazons, the Facebook, the data centers. They can't build them fasten up, Brian, because of all this information that everybody needs to collect. Well, they basically make a maybe twelve inch tall by twenty inch wide piece of one inch thick black plastic. And now that we have a CNC machine, which I think I shared with you on our last conversation, we're able to see and see these parts out and then you basically cut the holes. You split the holes in half, and there's four or five pieces and they stack them and then they run cables room, and then they stack them and then run cables room and any of these systems that you ever Have you ever seen Jurassic Park the movie, Brian, Yeah, might recall there's when the young lady is trying to find the master switch to turn the switchback on to get the power. The guys over there, look up top. You see all those cables running through there. You know, to follow the cables. That's what I always like.
Speaker 1: In it too.
Speaker 3: But they have to run one of these blocks when they go vertically every one foot, and when they go hoarz only every three feet. So he makes thousands and thousands of these blocks every year. And he always told me, I mean he loves what we were doing. This is pre our building, This is pre everything. Says. If you ever get the facility, Joe, and you get the ability to make these things, he says, I will throw you business to help support your organization. So it started about Oh, it's amazing. It's about three months ago, and you know. One of the things that I'm most proud of with our organization is that we are very unique as a five oh one Cet three is that we're self supportive. So people buy a flag, if by a fly case, by a nine flag, I buy a T shirt. That is how we support ourselves. So having this opportunity for really our first kind of if nobody buys a T shirt this week or across you know, we have a steady reps.
Speaker 2: So you've turned into it's like a manufacturing operation making these for him. You've earned a profit, and that of course funds your organization. I was a little written or missing my obligations to the listeners to remind those who might not be familiar with Patriots Landing this is a place where veterans get together. They create what they call products with a purpose, which include the flag cases burial flag cases, which are the only ones that are sold at Arlington National Seminary. It's kind of our cemetery. It's kind one of the reasons that Joe started all this. First of all, it was in memory of his father, who served his country proudly as a marine between eineteen fifty six and fifty nine, and he wanted to make his father proud for what he did, so he started this organization to help other veterans. So what they do is the veterans come in, they enjoy the camaraderie that they no longer have because they're no longer active military service. They're hanging out with military buddies, sharing their you know, their concerns and you know, their their issues, and so it gives them a comfortable environment. And they manufacture these wood products, including some of the as you mentioned the cases, the Patriot Cross, which I've got one of those. It's a beautiful Christian Cross with the American flag sort of depicted on it, the nine which is a full American flag, and the nine part comes from nine millimeter casings which served as the stars on it. But you've recently expanded the shop too, haven't you, Joe.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Yeah, we've you know, the things that we discussed as a board of directors that we might be able to budget, you know, for our three year budget literally happened within probably fifteen months of us opening. And that's just you know, we've been boots on the ground for fifteen years, Brian. You know, I've gone to so many different veterans, small veters, organizations, supporting them, meeting people, talking to folks like you regularly has just you know, the snowball is rolling downhill now, so it love it. It's just been amazing.
Speaker 2: I listen mans the reward that I truly get the best reward of being on the morning show. I love talking with people, I love talking politics, but supporting an organization like you and elevating it to people's attention because so many people out there want to help.
Speaker 1: And if you don't know about an organization.
Speaker 2: Like yours it's doing all this great stuff for the American veteran, then nobody's going to know about it. Once they hear about it, it's like, oh, how can I help? I want one of those nine flags. I want a Patriot cross, I want a memorial flagcase, or I want to join the Got Your Sixth program, which I'm going to encourage my listeners to do. Go to Patriots Landing dot org, click on the got your six button six bucks a month, which you'll spend more in Starbucks in five minutes. You're going to help out this organization and the bottom line for them. And it's such a cool things because we all know veterans and some of them struggle and have issues and concerns and needs, and this gives them a comfortable environment where they can make things, enjoy each other's camaraderie and you know, get a sense of belonging and being in the world.
Speaker 3: Right, Joe hey man, brother, I mean, I'm going to hire you know what you've you know, encapsulated in the last you know, one hundred and twenty seconds. There is the essence of what we do. So I'm very grateful for that. Oh do it because you're inspiring. I mean, this is the thing you had an idea, and look what happened in no time.
Speaker 2: You've expanded. You're going concern five o' one c three. All the money's going to help the veterans and the causes in your shop. It's just there's nothing, there is no downside to any of this. God bless you for the inspiration. Man, It's it'll keep me going for another day, you know what I mean, Joe, Well.
Speaker 3: You've talked to me enough. You know I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed. It just this was not written down, Brian. It was in my heart, as you know, because of my dad. And I don't know if you're aware or that we've shared. I can't recall if we talked that we lost dad in November and uh suddenly and then uh, yeah it was that's a tough.
Speaker 1: One, and then mom.
Speaker 3: Mom was the one that was Bill. I lost both parents in five months. But it's it's it's a it's a homely world now for me and not having a parent here. And you know my dad, Gosh, he would just gleam in his eyes every time we talked about it or he got down here, we did anything with regards to that is all the motivation I need to you know, I'm as as committed as motivated. It could couldn't be more motivated. And and you're right, so the fact that you know, can somebody send us twenty dollars like they would to a normal charity, Sure they can't, but I'd rather have them, you know, spend thirty dollars on a T shirt or you know, forty dollars on a Patriot Cross, or purchase one of our items that they now have a keepsake or a gift, you know, for a loved one. You know, I promise you give a veteran or a patriot one of our products that's signed by the veteran on the back. Yeah, it's meaningful. It's not going to a big box store and getting them, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with you all day long.
Speaker 2: And I tell you what, there's rarely a day that goes by that I don't see my Patriot Cross because it's out on my screen and porch where I pretty much live my entire life. So yeah, it is a great thing. You make a great point with that, and you invite people to visit the shop too. This isn't you know, just order online if you want to go see this all unfold and how it works before your very eyes. You welcome people to come visit you.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. And actually in about forty five minutes, I'm going to have a bus full of I think forty eight. We say it's seventy four year old women and they drag their husbands along. But they're coming in from my belief northern Pennsylvania, and they'll pull up. They're probably going to go to the Arc afterwards, but they'll come in for about an hour.
Speaker 1: Brian.
Speaker 3: And that generation is you know, very very very well, and just even speaking about the World War two era and that here this morning. You know, they are exceptionally They love God and they love country. And we'll we'll give them a tour, we'll explain the story, we'll kind of share what you the synopsis you gave about our burial flagcases in Arlington and helping the veterans. And then they'll run around back in the shop and then they'll come up front and they'll support the heck out of us. They buy lots of products and then they go back to Pennsylvania and tell everybody about us. So our group tours, we have churches, we have buses, we have a matter of fact, I just was contacted by I think they're called baird Den bair Den. It's like right before cub Scouts. Nowadays, there's something I know. Bairdan out of Fort Mitchell wants to come down in two Sundays and they want to do is a little thing on flag adiquit and all that. So we'll be down here in a Sunday for an hour and a half with a bunch of third graders and I'll tell you what, buddy, sleep good at night. It's just such a blessing to you know, you know, from from third grade, the seventy five year old ladies that come down from on their bus tours. It's a it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's wonderful.
Speaker 2: And maybe you inspired some organization that's hearing me right now to get a busload of folks that come down and busy. It's in Williams time, Kentucky. I have it right at three point thirty Ibeck Lane.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, E I B E. C. K.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 2: Put the link up to your website on my blog page if you've got carecy dot com, so people can go right to it and get involved. So and you welcome veterans to join in the fun too, right.
Speaker 3: We we always always always have our you know, ear to the ground for any any veteran. You know, we have civilians that volunteer as well that do various projects around the shop. Our veterans all you know, of course, make the products. But we've got veterans as young as twenty six. We've got a Coast Guard veteran it's about twenty six or seven. And I've got an Air Force veteran that comes down once a week.
Speaker 1: It's eighty eight. That's all it is.
Speaker 3: Why wild Bill, it's just nickname.
Speaker 1: We all have.
Speaker 3: They all have their you know names. Wild Bill will outwork every single one of us.
Speaker 2: That does not shock me. Listen, I had Frank Welomcamp, the veteran. He was ninety seven years old, and I'm telling you, if he was in your shop, he probably outworked the twenty eight year olds too. Anyway, That's that's just awesome. And you know, and they get that.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, let me tell you real quick. I want to you mentioned the nine flags, and we just we've been making a prototype and I've got the first one literally sitting in the back of my truck. But for a lot of years now, there's been organizations in the VA has recognized, you know, twenty two suicides a day is kind of the number. Unfortunately that that floats around. It goes up and down, obviously, but twenty two a day is kind of the number that's associating with the betteran suicide. So we are making and we'll have online hopefully within the next couple of weeks. We're calling it the twenty two a smaller flag. We are using the the twenty two caliber shell casings and it's going to be a suicide awareness type. I think people are really going to gravitate too, because it's a one off unique, it's fits anywhere. It's a smaller flag, and so I wanted to share that with you for folks that can go to our website here in a couple of weeks, and that's going to be a real, real, real powerful and special products product for our guys to make.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're doing that, and I wish to God that you didn't have a reason to have to do that, Joe, But you know there you are.
Speaker 1: Well and real quick. We're out of time.
Speaker 2: But I just want to mention I see that with the expansion of the products for the Purpose program you got, you're going to be doing furniture at some point.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 3: We do so we do take on custom products like the dav headquarters. We made seven custom live edge black walnut tables. We have made kitchen tables and stuff in the past. It is it is because of the way our shop is set up, Brian. We love doing product projects like that. They just can't have.
Speaker 1: Their hair on fire. You know, wait for it. It's costing, Bill, Yeah, you gotta have.
Speaker 2: And the final analysis, you're gonna come out with a one off item made by the American veterans at Patriots Landing. Joe, God bless you, man. I am so like I said, I get inspired every time I talk to you, and this has been a day filled with inspiration and I think we could all use a lot of it. And you just put a whole bunch out there for us to enjoy. Patriots Landing dot org, go to fifty five Casey dot com, buy something from them, participate, take a group down there and see what they're all about. Joe, God bless you. Keep up the great work. Thanks for helping out the American veteran each and every day.
Speaker 3: God bless you, Brian.
Speaker 1: We're blessed. Thanks man, I know you are. Wow. I just love talking to people like that. Colin Electric.
Speaker 2: Let me talk to Colin Electric because I love talking to color Electric because I know it's gonna get it's gonna get done right. Their license electricians are truly wonderful customer service. The price is always right with Colin Electric. The folks with the right connections, and we're talking about residential electric projects literally anything that involves electricity and you got a house, they're the ones to call a plus with the BBB. They are outlet installations, no problem, nob and tube upgrades. It's about time you did that call calling for that. All the wiring for your media room and all the LED lighting solutions out there that are so amazing these days, so much better than the old stuff that they first came out with.
Speaker 1: Call Color Electric.
Speaker 2: Their family internoperated since nineteen ninety nine, and they pride themselves on their honest reputation. Five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two online call on c U L L E N Colin Electriccincinnati dot Com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc iHeartRadio