Speaker 1: Welcome to Financial Issues, where we help you steward faithfully by honoring God with your investments.
Speaker 2: Now listen in as we give you the practical tools and advice you need to become a biblically responsible investor.
Speaker 3: This is Financial Issues, where we help you defund darkness and fund the light by investing with biblical integrity. Folks, it's Winning Wednesday, so we're excited to be with you here today. Also on today's show, have you ever wanted to go behind the scenes at your favorite charity? Well, guess what You're gonna get the chance to do that today.
Speaker 2: Shortly.
Speaker 3: Great to be here with you all, Sethidinsky, Sam Case in the control room, and your host Mark Manila with her This morning, Mark are opening topic for today's show, quarterly earnings reports. My brother, Is there anything that you're looking to see, hoping to see in this earning season that we're in Mark?
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, sir, Good morning Sam, Good morning everybody. How we do it? Yeah? Yeah, this. You know what a lot of people don't realize is this could be one of the most important weeks of this year, especially going forward. We have two major things coming out. We have the quarterly reporting going on and major major tech stocks, you know, the large ones. And then we also have the Federal Reserve meeting, So based on that, there could be a lot of information coming out that could guide help guide us for the rest of the year, you know, So Seth, Yeah, there's a lot I'm looking at. I'm looking at just in general, what these corporations believe is going on. First of all, think about this, all the AI money going out here, all the money that's being put into research. We need to see whether any of that's turning into revenues or not. Now, I know it's still a little bit early, but if it's not at least indicating a revenue increase or growth, it may cost some people to get a little bit concerned about what's going on there. I want to know what the Feds think about the economy. I want to know what's going on in corporate profit ability and uh, you know, there's just so many things and whether those where those profits are sustainable and the quality of the earnings are they just accounting or are they just from raising prices because you know, you can't raise prices continuously. I want to know what's really going on in them all. Uh, there's a lot there to be looking at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mark, are you confident that Kevin Walsh is going to give us more no tangible things that you.
Speaker 2: On or absolutely not. No, I'm not Kevin Walsh. I like him. I really like him. I like the way he thinks. I like the I like the idea that it's getting rid of the plot. You know, the dot plot thing on interest rates, which is nothing more than a the educational guess is by the twelve member board.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like a average months out.
Speaker 2: Well, for the first three months, it's okay at best. When it when they get out to one year out, they're just as bad. They're worse than a weather rep. That's the issue, at least the weather. We have the radar, right. I think a better way to look at that plot was to say this is what they're thinking of now, nothing more than that, because as of tomorrow they're wrong. So yeah, there's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of things I'm looking My favorite thing about worst right now is this is you know what we actually needed to fed.
Speaker 2: We need good data.
Speaker 4: We need to make sure we're actually looking at what's happening in real life and not just political real times.
Speaker 2: There's no reason not to do real time. We have a government that's huge. There's no reason we can't get this information in in real time. And guess what, you could actually get real data points and just take instead of just taking polls. How about that with all the reporting that's done by corporations, by individuals and stuff mandatorily to the government, they could really have an incredible database growing that could give them real time information. So yeah, but that's another story regarding the Regarding what the report going on today, I think it's really important that we need to know if revenues genuinely are growing or not if they're not. We got some concerns. Did the company produce stronger cash flows? That's really important, and where the profits driven by business growth or just by cutting cost or share repurchases or even accounting adjustments or just lower expectation. You know, these things are important going forward because with the billions upon billions of dollars that are being put into AI, we need to see whether they're really preparing for a future that is able to produce the revenue of spending all our investment dollars on or are they just playing a game where they're doing cycle reinvesting. You know, I invest in this company over here because I need their chip. This company sells the ships to us, we pay them for the I mean it goes round and round, and they just caught they create fake commerce. You know, by doing that, we need to see more what's really going on. I want to know whether these profit margins, if they really believe these, if they have good profit margins, if they're sustainable. Again, raising prices is one way to create margins, but you can't keep doing that, so you have to reduce expenses as well to create margins. And are they doing that? Will AI really pay off in reducing expenses that way? Anyway, There's a lot going on and I think this could be very, very impactful.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And folks, just to keep an eye out on this Microsoft and Meta report at the end of the bell today and then tomorrow we get Apple and Amazon. So you got four of the magnificent seven reporting in the next you know, less than twenty four hours, mark you forty eight hours, So we'll be keeping an eye on that for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there's really good leadership in these companies, really smart, which it makes it really hard because one of the things I really look for when I listen to those reports, is whether the management sounds confident, cautious or evasive. The evasive is the one I hate the most, that really bothers me. That's the one that gives me chills. It seems like they're covering something up. Yeah. Yeah, And I thought the last round was more evasive than confident or cautious. So I want to see what goes on there with these reports. And you know, I don't predict the future, but when we hear these reports, it can give us an indication. And obviously there's one or two things that could go on with these reports. One, it'll spook the markets and there'll be a sell off. We've already seen some premature sell aus in the last week, but it could be worse than that. A lot of people were positioned and in case the reports do turn evasive or cautious, but even that could be a good thing for for somebody who is a stewart in you know, who's an investment stewart, because that'll that'll bring in some really good buys which we've been waiting for for a long term time. But if they're all strong and they're all positive, it could indicate that we have a nice market to coast to the end of the ear on as well, So I'm looking forward to either way. I just want to know so I can plan on what stocks to be putting on the buyloss For us, there you.
Speaker 3: Go, six ten three six three eleven ten, folks, that's the number to call in against six ten three six three eleven ten Elsewhere. Sam found us an interesting article here. Looks like household wealth has never leaned as hard on the stock market as it is right now, What can you tell?
Speaker 2: Right? This is something we've kind.
Speaker 4: Of known, but just looking at these numbers is kind of crazy. This is according to Goldman Sachs, and they told clients last week that Americans, all Australians, and Swedish households hold more of their financial assets in the stock market than households anywhere else. Well, Europeans and Japanese people still rely mainly on cash. According to the Federal Reserve data, Americans are the most exposed, with stocks making up thirty two percent of everything American households own. That's well above the twenty seven percent peak during the dot com era. So what do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Mark? Well, I think it's very interesting. I think it shows how successful our country is. Yes, this is a if it's not a bubble, it's it sure smells and looks like one. So you know, we have this growth going on because of AI and AI reinvestment and all this stuff like that, which has pulled all the techts up and it's created a lot more a lot more wealth in America. Well, you know what, that's how freedom works, that's how ownership works, that's how capitalism works, and that's how a solid Christian foundation over a country works. It create hates the opportunity for productivity by individuals to have control over their lives, to follow God's word and do the right thing, be a great steward, and actually grow their wealth instead of having to live under the thumb of a government who determines how you live, where you live, what you live like. This country is a shining light of how to make the world work better, mostly because it's founded on biblical principles and then secondly because of the freedom and the personal responsibility that it teaches or used to teach and what it does. So I think it's a cool thing myself. Now. Granted we are in an all time high in the markets type of thing, so that wealth is a little bit overvalued. We can see that pull back easily if, like we're just talking about, the reporting goes wrong, if companies get stupid, if people panic, that can happen, you know. But thirty two percent, that means they're diversified into also bonds and cash and other type of things as well, including real estate which they don't mention in there. Why America over everybody else? Well, because God put his hand on this country. God bless this country, and hopefully he'll continue to do so, and hopefully this country will get on his knees and praise him for it. That's what being a Stuart's all about, and it's what how and why we do what we do here. Being a steward of your investments help you to align it so that you don't get into the poolbackss heavily six' ten three six's three eleven. Ten we got a great lineup for.
Speaker 5: Today why don't you join, us, Bulks.
Speaker 3: Why don't you give us a ring phone number six ten three six three eleven. Ten that's how you can join the live broadcast and talk to us right now in the flesh for. Real give us a call six, ten three sixty, three eleven. Ten love to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 3: Guys it is Winning. Wednesday so let's get to it, Here, sam what have we got? Here this is an exciting.
Speaker 2: One it sure. Is.
Speaker 4: Georgia down In, georgia a church saw one hundred and twenty students make decisions For christ during a gospel outreach event designed for young athletes for student. Athletes it was hosted by a church Called First Baptist church Of, hazelhurst which is very fun to, Say. Hazlehurst they hosted the event Called night Of champions in partnership with the ministry Called strength of A, champion which focuses on reaching middle school and high school sports teams with The. Gospel the pastor, There Pastor Philip, worthington said about five hundred students and coaches from four counties attended that. Event all, told one hundred and twenty students made a decision For. Christ they're now following up with each student to make sure that they have a church to go to and also to receive A bible as. Well so very very good stuff down In.
Speaker 2: Georgia, absolutely this is really exciting to see get in the gospel and everybody wonders how we can help maintain our, country how we can help impact the, world help people out of. Poverty you, know the first step really is understanding Who god is and who owns it, all and how Much he loves, us and how he wants to utilize those resources not only not only to his, glory but to his glory in the way we care for our families and ourselves and raise people. Up it's a wonderful thing to see the gospel going getting out. There there is, yeah awesome.
Speaker 3: Stuff and you, Know mark's that's part of why we partner with ministries that get the gospel to, children particularly in the public, schools and that's Where crossroads comes. In it's, amazing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely cross The Goods club and you, know we're in the middle of a campaign right because we believe in getting the gospel out that's the foundations of. Everything that's why we partner With Crosswick Crossroads Kids, club and that's why we want to have them. On but one of the things that a lot of people don't know is like how long have they been, around what kind of impact they? Have you, Know seth talk at the beginning about going behind the scenes and finding out a little bit, more and we're going to do that. Today we're going to do that by talking With Nate, frank who is actually on the board Of Crossroads Kids, club and he's going to help us see behind the scenes a little. Bit welcome to Show.
Speaker 1: Nate thanks for having, me, guys it's great to be. Here really appreciate the time.
Speaker 2: Today, well, no we're glad you're with us because you don't get to, usually you, know go behind the scenes as much for a lot of a lot of. COMPANIES a lot of people like to hear. That how long have you been associated With? Crossroads, Well i've been on the board formally for about two, years but my association with the ministry goes back about. THIRTY i got it exposed to the ministry during my time At Wheaton, college got a little bit involved taking some basketball players over there to do some basketball camps at some of the earliest kids clubs around The chicago. Area saw the impact, then and they've stayed involved financially and now more formally over the last unbelievably three. Decades, well what was it that excited you About crossroads over other ministries that drew you to?
Speaker 1: Them, WELL i think the practicality of meeting kids where they are meeting a real, need helping kids find a way to fill their time after. School many of these kids without necessarily a great place to go in the time that school, ended at the time their parents got home from. Work this gave them a really constructive way to pass the time on a practical level and on spiritual, level an incredible chance to learn more about more about the, gospel more About god's impact in their. Lives so it just hit a nerve of something that was very much on the front, lines very much having an impact day to. Day that got me excited about it and has kept me excited about.
Speaker 2: It and specifically that impact is The gospel going out to. Children. Right that's, right that's right in the.
Speaker 1: School so the kids roll out of their class at three o'clock or three point thirty right into a very well, organized well planned program with volunteers who care a lot about. Them they have, fun they, snack they, play and then most, importantly they get a very real gospel message that's tailored to where they're at in their lives as young.
Speaker 2: People but as you, know we're going through a campaign right now trying to raise funds to Help crossroads actually open up more and more clubs at public. Schools what's the goal for this.
Speaker 1: Year, yeah we'd like To we'd like to open thirty clubs around the country this, year which seems like a bit of an audacious. GOAL i, mean that would be quite thirty percent growth for, us but, certainly you, know twenty percent growth in terms of the clubs that we. Have but you, know we believe there's a tremendous. Opportunity not only is there the, need this very real need that children have to find constructive ways to spend their, time and obviously the need for them to hear the, gospel but we have a model that is scalable when we can find church partners that are excited to lean, in when we can find financial partners that are excited about financing. This we can find the school so that are excited about bringing this in because they see the need and they talk, about you, know the impact that this has on the kids and frankly on their behavior and on their ability to be more engaged and better educated as. Students so the model is imminently, scalable and we feel like we've got the right team in. Place from A crossroads perspective to drive that kind of, growth the.
Speaker 2: Scalability that really interests me because it's a well planned. SITUATION i know that you partner with local churches for the school that you want to get, into for the elementary school that you want to get, into and that's. Important but you don't charge the churches for being, involved which is another important thing because there's literally one hundreds of thousand organizations out there that want to come alongside churches and charge them a fee to get involved with them to help them to do. Better but you don't charge them a fee to get involved With. Crossroads you just help them to get into the. School is that?
Speaker 1: Correct we help them to get into, schools and their investment is in terms of the time and energy and volunteers to drive the programming week in and week. Out but the right church partner sees this as a great ministry to their community and an extension of their children's. Ministry and so when you get a church that sees it that way and is excited and get a volunteer group that's excited about, that we can come. Alongside we can provide the support in terms of the regional coordinator who helps them, plan, organize get into the, school and then deliver the program week in and week. Out and we can provide the financial wherewithal to do it through generous sponsors who are excited about the vision in the same way that we.
Speaker 2: Are well speaking of generous. Sponsors now is a good time to bring that. Up it costs about four hundred dollars per year for the cost of having these per student at a, school and that we're trying to raise the money so that you can actually do the thirty new clubs going. On and if you haven't donated, yet now would be a good time because this is a donation for the. Gospel this is a donation for reaching kids while their brain is still more, aligned more innocent than the adult, rate and they can absorb the. Gospel they can absorb the wisdom and truth of The bible at this. Point so if, you if somebody would like to donate it this, TIME i guess what is? That, uh suck? Rusk what does?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Reach reach our dot, Com reach our schools dot?
Speaker 3: Com Mark And i'm excited to, say actually we're up to seventy eight kids sponsored of Our Holy Sponsor Kids. Goal, yes so we're we're making great, progress making great.
Speaker 2: Progress and though those the number of kids being, sponsored there's a match for up to what was the total.
Speaker 3: Twenty five dollars twenty five.
Speaker 2: Thousands so the first twenty five thousand dollars that is donated will be matched with another twenty five thousand dollars from some some unknown person who wants to see the gospel get out. There and that's. Incredible tell me outside of outside of the. GOSPEL i, mean first of, all at my age and a lot of people younger than, me they've seen the pushback against Christ ristianity in the. Schools how is it that we're Getting? Christianity how is it that we're Getting bible studies into the? Schools?
Speaker 1: Now, YEAH i think the first time people hear About Crossroads, model they're stunned because they've always been under the impression that A christian organization cannot operate in the, schools and, frankly across the, country there is the opportunity for a program like this to come, in talk to the, school talk to the, principal and a lot of principles get excited about this because they see the positive impact that has on the. Kids, holistically the behavior that they display then when they come.
Speaker 2: To class et.
Speaker 1: Cetera so it's a very open door and it's one when you come in you bring the right, message the right. Partner the schools not only have the ability to do, it there's no legal restriction against, it but the principles in many cases are very excited about. It and then once they see it and they see the impact it starts to have on these, students they're excited to have it come back and get you to expand and grow year in and year out with within the. Schools and you, know we do we do annual. Gallas we'll have principles from schools that have been touched By crossroads come and talk about the. Impact so the opportunity is very much. There and what's exciting is that the donation that somebody gives today will be deployed in a school for a student this. Fall so it's it's not an ethereal out there in the future kind of kind of donation and impact this. Is this goes right from the donor to the front lines to new clubs happening across the country this.
Speaker 2: Year, Well, Nate i'm going to ask you a point blank question and it's AND i want just your initial reaction to This Crossroads Kids. Club are we seeing children come To?
Speaker 1: Christ we, are and and again we we Get we on the, board we have the privilege of hearing these testimonies on a regular. Basis but it's it's powerful not only the impact that's happening today or this fall with, kids but we're seeing now kids who Were crossroads students twenty thirty years ago leading. Clubs we just had One crossroads kid who's now in her forties joined the. Board so this isn't a moment in time kind of feel good thing where all a kid makes a decision and they don't really know what it is that they're. Deciding this is a life changing kind of. Ministry it's leading to life changing decisions where we're seeing the fruit now of these kids now as full grown, adults pouring back into the. Ministry so it is a really Powerful as you mentioned, earlier it's say it's the right time to start to talk to kids about the gospel and the results are the results are incredible and really.
Speaker 2: Exciting Praise, scott and thank. You this is where we've been speaking With Nate, frank a board member Of Crossroads Kids, clubs and if you haven't gone out yet to reach our schools dot com and, donated please. Do it could be a, dollar it could be two hundred, dollars it could be four hundred, dollars or maybe you could just put in the rest so we meet the goals that we're shooting for by the end of the week. Here we really appreciate. It, also if you got to, leave we understand that you that your channel or however you're listening to, us is going. Away but if you want to continue on with, us just go out To Financial issues dot org watch click show and hit watch and you can join us live for another half an. Hour so cross, again we thank, You, nate and we Thank crossroads for what they're doing getting the gospelat to the. Schools and we're really looking forward to you giving us a call at six ten three six three eleven ten with any of your questions dealing with anything financial from a biblical.
Speaker 3: Perspective well phone, number folks is six ten three six three eleven, ten and we'd really love to hear from.
Speaker 2: You give us a.
Speaker 3: Ring why don't you sixt ten three sixty three eleven. Ten so grateful For Crossroads Kids. Club, guys, boy they just do some great. Work it's an honor to partner with. Them we're getting close, here. Folks we've got seventy eight kids, sponsored so we're about two thirds of the way. There we've got a little right right around ten, thousand maybe a little less to. Go so, again if there's a listener out there who is not donated, yet go to reach our schools dot com and make that. Donation any, amount, folks ten, dollars fifteen, dollars any amount. Helps and if you want to sponsor a kid two, Hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's really important because we say two, hundred because that sponsors a. Kid with the match of two, hundred that four hundred dollars sponsors a child for the year for the. Club, however ten, dollars fifteen, dollars that all adds up to whatever The lord puts on your. Heart we'd love you to don't. Wait remember When god, Call When god, calls just, answer just. Move there's there's a verse in The bible is says if they ask, give, well they're asking for people to give to get the gospel. OUT i don't think they're be a higher calling for our stewardship than.
Speaker 3: That Amen mark six, ten three six three eleven ten guys markets, yesterday they continue to get in mixed. Territory it was actually quite similar To. Monday most Of Wall street was feeling pretty, good except for the tech. Stocks they were kind of the wet. Blankets but it really wasn't all that. Bad the Dal jones had a great. Day it was up over a full, PERCENT smp and The russell two thousand were both up, slightly and The nasdaq was down. Slightly and as of this, morning market looks Like i'm seeing all, red but not catastrophic. Red we do have A fed decision coming up later. Today we've got those big tech earnings calls as, well so a lot that the market's keeping an eye. On The nasdaq actually just turned. Green but that and THE s AND p are basically, flat and The dow is down, slightly and Oil mark is up from where it was. Yesterday because our our our, friends those those peace, loving you, know wonderful people In iran peacefully lobbed some more, rockets so that's what. It's it was, peaceful but it was Peace it was mostly, Peaceful so they mostly.
Speaker 2: Peaceful inter ballistic missiles being rained ON us military.
Speaker 4: Base they're painted, pink so, Exactly, OH i, see, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous or come, Soon. Mark we had a good question to hear From. Wayne he's sixty. Nine he's, saying we've been investing biblically responsibly with financial issues for many years. Now we've now just changed our. Advisors one area that comes up for investing is looking at corporate bonds and the question is do you consider this an investment, option such as you know stocks Like caterpillar or other bri. Companies what are the pros and cons that you would say are needed to be? Considered and it would be cash not needed for a few. Years so that's kind of his situation there That wayne's. Got what do you, Think? Mark what Should wayne?
Speaker 2: Do cash not needed for a few years. Now WHEN i was a, KID i asked my mom what's the difference between a couple and a, Few and she's told me that a couple is two and a few might be three or. Less so we're talking about very short term. Money you, know bonds too can lose. Money you have to be very. Careful if you went back and looked at two thousand and eight or nineteen ninety eight or. Whenever whenever you had a major stock market, pullback you also saw bonds pulling back real. Hard so you have to be careful with. That realize that bonds can lose money or lose value as, well especially if interest rates end up going. Up when it interest rates, rise bond prices go. Down, now it's not as drastic as a lot of the market, swings but it's. There, also bonds do recover a little. Quicker so the first Thing i'd like to just make sure you understand your wayne is that bonds do have some volatility to, them just not as drastic usually as a stock. Market the second Thing i'd like to bring, up and this is probably the most important since you asked about the most, important is that we should we shouldn't just consider the, return but along with the bond not being ownership but lending to a, company we still have the Same biblical responsible responsibilities with a company because, effectively even though you're not owning that company and participating in in whatever that company does through your, ownership you are funding a company by lending the money by buying. Bonds so the same thing that applies To biblical responsible screening for stocks applies for. Bonds you definitely don't want to be funding the enemy with. Money in The Wall Street, AWAKENING i wrote a little story about about a gentleman who was at war In, iraq and he was talking about how his friend lost his leg and another friend got shot and, died and how you know somebody else is lucky because they get they lost their arm and they're going to be shipped. Home and he, said but the good news is they're running out of money to fund their world over, here because they're dropping leaflets saying that they're paying high interest on. Bonds, hey, honey maybe we should buy into some of these bonds for the. Future SURE i might get killed because of, it but what the heck will make good? Interest you, know obviously we don't want to fund the. Enemy that's the bottom. Line and when it comes To biblical responsible, investing we use the same screens on the parent company issuing those bonds as we do with the with whether we're buying a stock or. Not so make sure that your broker understands. Us make sure they understand Your christian worldview and your desire to Honor god and all you, do including how you invest in how you lend. Money, remember bonds are lending. Money if you do, THAT i think you'll be. OKAY i still think that three years might be a little bit short for throwing all your money into. Bonds for that, time you might want to diversify a little bit more by getting out of corporate some in corporate, bonds some in government, bonds and some in money market account high high yielding money market accounts for that short of a. Period just some thoughts on. IT i hope that, Helps, WAYNE i hope that brings it to. YOU i hope that first and foremost you'll remember to make sure you're who's ever guiding you has the Same christian worldview you, do because those stock ETFs and those kind of, things they're not going to be, clean primarily unless you're Using Timothy plan or something like that that we know is. Clean but if he makes a recommendation and you're not sure how to screen, it how to go out To Financial issues and go to the screen it clean it button and put it in, there just give us a call or send us an email and we'll screen it for. YOU i appreciate the, Question, wayne it's a very good, question and speaking about good, Questions. Seth here's one From jay In, Montgomery. Texas it, Says seth And, mark you may have already addressed, this but what about those of us who you are retired On Social? Security now we've paid into Social security all our working, years shouldn't we get what was entitled to? Us, Well, mark we say to, that let me say this.
Speaker 3: First you teeing up that question for me is just so on.
Speaker 4: BRAND i appreciate the normally for those of you just listening on, Radio mark has a massive.
Speaker 2: Grid he's so, happy he's so delighted those of you new.
Speaker 3: Listeners is a running joke on our show about my relationship With Social. Security, jay here's the. Deal it's a good. Question we have addressed it, before But i'll address it again and, gladly And i'll try to do my best not to get on a rent or a soapbox with. This the reality of it Is jay that, yes you did pay Into Social security all those working, years but it was not an. Investment you did not pay into it with an expectation of return on. Investment it's a tax that you paid for the people twenty thirty forty years older than you to be able to receive that. Money you paid for them to be on, it and the next generations pay for you to be on. It it's a, tax it's not an. Investment your government leaders may have told you that it, was and they, lied and that's basically.
Speaker 2: Mark if they didn't, lie they misrepresented or maybe they misrepresented it exactly right there for a long. Time and, yeah you, know originally they. Didn't originally they came out and said this is a safety net for those who tried and failed and those who are going into retirement who can't work anymore but don't have any resources to care for themselves in an ultra rich company Like. AMERICA i think charity and compassion is. Worthwhile seth AND i like the idea coming together to help people who aren't able to help. Themselves AND i also believe that the structure of this was more of a socialistic, structure just like you, do than it is a Capitalistic christian. STRUCTURE i think if the government would have, Said, okay it's going to be mandatory that you SAY x amount of your your pay every every day to an investment account that you manage but can't, touch to your fifty five or sixty or sixty. Five that would have made so much. Sense, actually we would have made a lot of millionaires by doing. That instead of a lot of people getting a few thousand dollars a, month we would have created millions of dollars for. People, so, Uh, MARK i get why you're upset with, this AND i don't think you should step down from your. SOAPBOX i think you should get on it high and we should hold The house, representatives, yeah to get this change and absolutely to change it to where it actually is and.
Speaker 3: Actually really benefit people's that's part of, It mark. Too and, folks let me let me say this to you. ALL i don't know if you all know, this, listeners BUT i actually deeply love. YOU i deeply love our. Listeners i'm just so grateful for, you AND i want you to be able to get the best out of What god has given. You AND i don't think Social security is the. Best AND i ALSO i don't want you to be lied to and deceived into thinking that you're paying in to this thing all these years that is an investment for, you when really all it is is it's a tax from your government to pay for the people who are above. You and what you're receiving now is not the money you put. In it's the tax from the younger. Generations it's a multi level marketing, scheme that's really what it.
Speaker 2: Is and they spent that money. Elsewhere, yeah that's exactly. Right they promised me they. Do and Al gore has been so honest ABOUT i believe, alive you. BELIEVE i remember him telling me about climate change directly from his leerg jet that he was flying across the ocean to get together with other people to talk about HOW uh emissions are terrible for the don't get. Me there's plenty of room on the soapbox next to be. Here there may be, room but there's not. Time the number here is six ten three six three eleven. Ten we'd love you to call in the last fifteen minutes we have we see you, There, brian and we have a couple of. More the worst slots will get to you right after this very short.
Speaker 6: Break the opinions and recommendations expressed on this program do not necessarily represent.
Speaker 2: The opinions of the station or any of the program.
Speaker 6: Sponsors, additionally all products or services offered by the program sponsors may not be known by the program.
Speaker 3: Folks it is delightful and lively to be here with you. All you know, WHAT i can't think of a better, transition, guys from social security to the. Scriptures let's have a. Palatequain we call that a valid, queek Right, Sam what does it Saym matthew six twenty? Four would you remind us what it?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 4: Yes no one can serve two, masters for either he will hate the one and love the, other or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the. Other you cannot Serve god And Mammon.
Speaker 3: Well said, Right, Mark, absolutely our loyalties can't be. Divided you got to pick.
Speaker 2: One right better Be well said it. Was but it doesn't say say you can't be a believer and Manage god's wealth that he entrusts to. You that's really. IMPORTANT a lot of people take that and they start getting, well you. Shouldn't you shouldn't be trying to develop. Wealth, No god wants us to do the best we can with everything he's entrusted to. Us we should do. That we just. Don't we just don't bow to, Money we bow To. God if the money all went, away we should still be able to have the joy of The lord in us and not lose our faith or become anxiety stricken or like they used to talk about people jumping out of the fifth story window On Wall street because the market. Crashed we don't do. That what we say Is god's got a. Reason Praise. God we did the best we can with what he gave, us and we keep moving. Forward so it's a wonderful. Thing we don't worship. Money what we. Do it's a. Tool we utilize it like a shovel or a, hammer and hopefully we don't hit our thumb too. Much, well said Brother.
Speaker 3: Mark we got a couple of folks in the chat asking about the new, stock the new position that we put on the buy list BE epi roblin some other ones, SAYING i see FB epi listed as fixed, income BUT i thought it was a. Preferred could you clarify what this?
Speaker 2: Is, Mark it's not a. Preferred it's not a. Stock it is a. NOTE a note is lending money to like a, bond so it. Is it is a fixed income. Product that's the bottom line on. It the issue that we have is, perpetual unlike most bonds that they set a date when they're going to call them back where they're going to buy them. Back this doesn't have. That it could go on. Forever so even if you're buying it a, discount it may mean you never. Realize you, know let's say that it's at Fifty i'm just making up numbers for ease of. Illustration it's at fifteen, dollars and, think, WELL i could buy this and if they call it, back then they have to call it back at twenty. Five let's, say, well that could never. HAPPEN i, mean it could, happen but it may never. Happen so it has some unique things about. It it's subordinated also to other, debt like the bonds that they have out. There and by the, way fixed income isn't a single type of. Note it covers the whole thing of lending money from one entity to. Another so, yeah we have it as fixed income because that's what it.
Speaker 3: Is great point, There, mark appreciate, that. Folks let's go to the, phones shall, We, Mark brian call Them. Fromkansas let's do.
Speaker 2: That Welcome, brian glad to see you here this. Morning what's on your?
Speaker 7: Mind, hey hey, guys great to talk to, you great. Show learn a, lot have two questions for you on two. STOCKS i own both of. Them i'm forty nine years, old looking to see what you guys. Think one's sand DISC sndk and also WOLF, wlf both down about fifty percent from their.
Speaker 2: Highs i'm thinking about buying.
Speaker 7: MORE i, mean But i'm thinking about buying more BECAUSE i feel like they're kind of at a discount. Now BUT i just kind of wanted to get your thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: Mark, yeah, well you, know we've been talking To. Brian we've been talking About Blue Light specials possibly being around the corner for a. While i'm looking At sandusk and you, know it's it's it's business quality is, good you, know and it's valuation, now it's reasonably. VALUED I i think with their extraordinary revenue earnings and margin growth and uh uh the three billion of quarterly free cashual debt free balance, SHEET i think this there's nothing wrong with getting into it at this. TIME i have no problems with it being a bye for you at this. Time i'm going to maintain it on as as my opinion as a. Bye as far as Wolf wolf is a unique, creature, now this is for an Aggressive how old do you say you Were, Brian.
Speaker 7: I'm forty nine and, okay definitely an aggressive, investor So i'm.
Speaker 2: OLD i had to get that in there to make SURE i. Understand, okay, Well wolf would fit your. Criteria wolf is unique because If i'm remembering, Right, seth then you can check me on. This they're doing a conversion from being a bitcoin minor to being a data synday FOR.
Speaker 3: Ai, yeah which in this version that excites me a lot mark.
Speaker 2: Truthfully, yeah there's quite a few out there, now or at least a handful that are doing. That we we hooked on The wolf because of the leadership and how clear they were on what they were doing and what's going. On we didn't expected to change. OVERNIGHT i believe when we put it on the bi, list we put it on as aggressive because it's early stage of the. Conversion there's a lot of cash going into these, conversions but we're seeing revenues starting to happen, there and we're also seeing a lot of new sales going on that contracts being put into, place and so it looks like it's moving in the right. Direction, again it, Might, brian it might be a little. Early it is an aggressive stock because it could be highly, volatile especially if the reporting today comes, out if the big guns say they're pulling back on THEIR ai, stuff and if THE fed, says oh woe is, us we got to be careful going, forward that could cause a little fear in the, market which could cause things Like wolf and stuff to pull. BACK i still believe that it has a financial issue steal and the potential to be a great aggressive stock for somebody who has the time to weather some up and. Downs did that, Help? Brian, yeah no it.
Speaker 7: DID i won't touch this money for ten to fifteen.
Speaker 2: Years So, Ohio, WELL i appreciate. YOU i appreciate, you, know investing with biblical, integrity Honoring. God we need more people like, You brian to step up and start doing the right things for the right. Reason and that right reason is to Lies god's resources For god's purposes to his. Glory god bless you.
Speaker 7: Absolutely thanks.
Speaker 2: Guys, yeah By, god bless. You very.
Speaker 3: Cool, Hey, mark a follow up question With. Wolf as we, said you, know it's.
Speaker 2: We don't take follow up. Questions sorry about. That, YEAH i knows, WELL i just not.
Speaker 3: From people who don't like Social Security right now for me that your pretty, Eyes he'll change his mind, Rightly, mark here's my here's my. Question the the the move away from bitcoin TOWARDS ai. Infrastructure as you, said that was part of why we wanted to hook on to this. One what do you think of of bitcoin and cryptocurrency right?
Speaker 2: Now we.
Speaker 3: Don't we haven't touched on it often, recently AND i think for good. Reason. Uh is there any change in our status on cryptocurrency right?
Speaker 2: Now or is it still Just, yeah it is still Wild. West. Uh and here's my. Concern more than it being Wild. WEST i kind of like Wild west. Myself but here's my. Concern the, governments the central banks are developing digital, currency they're developing a way to use the the accounting system that backs all, that AND i believe it's going to cause a collapse in private digital. CURRENCIES i can't predict the, future AND i could be just as wrong As i'm, right but there's too much risk in it at this point for me to call it an. Investment it's more like gambling to. Me if there was a chart that showed investing in strong stocks on one side and gambling on the, Other, uh bitcoin would be just the other side of to the other side of investing into gambling for.
Speaker 3: Me, yeah, yeah absolutely seems that way for me as.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: MARK i, mean you know it's.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: You it seemed it's seemed like the shiny new toy for so. Long but it seems like sound money and sound investing follows tends to be at least follows good solid investments at least that's you, know that's what it seems to.
Speaker 2: Be that's what you'd, hope, Right, oh, absolutely, yeah good. Stuff there's no way to ANALYZE i know a lot of people are gonna, say, well we chart, it we do. This, no there's no way to analyze. This first of, all it doesn't. Matter there's just there's no way to look at it and, say is there any financial steal in? This, no there's no, steal there's. Nothing it's all make. Believe it's all. Vibe somebody made this, up became a multi billionaire from making it, up and then, uh other people jump on the bandwig. Wagon there's nothing.
Speaker 3: There, yeah, yeah absolutely six' ten three, Six, THREE well i said the. Phone number but we're coming to the end of the, show here so yeah.
Speaker 2: We, are yeah that really would be The. Wild west that would be The, wild.
Speaker 3: West, Right, There mark i'd love to get to one of these, questions HERE but i don't want to.
Speaker 8: Squeeze in you just want it to. BE overtime I know i do want it to. BE overtime i wish. It Was is seth is A, tease, Tomorrow? Guys, tomorrow, no, no no. Not tomorrow friday after tomorrow is. Not overtime the next day is, overtime though but definitely excited for.
Speaker 3: THAT mark i would encourage our, listeners again Reach our schools. Dot com that's the place to. Go here we're making great progress with. THIS campaign i do want to put a little urgency, behind, us, though folks because this campaign Ends, On friday so the same day that overtime happens on our show is also the end of. This campaign so you've got about two and a half days to make your Donation To Crossroads kids club and help out this wonderful ministry that we've come alongside because we believe. In them reach our schools dot com.
Speaker 2: And except we have so many, great, people, partners, listeners watchers and we know that everybody's hitting them from, all sides. FROM monies i just asked that you get on your knees and pray. About crossroads and then as you're praying for them and getting the, message out Getting the, gospel out pray and Ask, the lord is there any amount that you'd like me? To? GIVE lord, a dollar, five dollars, twenty dollars two, thousand dollars fifty? Thousand dollars what is it you want me? To? Give lord and just wait for his answer and then take action. On that trust them. In that and if you, DO that i think that's being a good steward and BEING a i think you'll get a well done Is what. I'm thinking, well done good and. Faithless stewart just go Before, your Lord, the lord and. Ask HIM and i want to thank you all for being. Great stewards and it shows in the way you invest with. Biblical Integrity so god. BLESS everyone i hope you had a. GREAT show I know i did because, of YOU and i look forward to being with. You tomorrow look forward to that
Speaker 7: If we ever forget that we're one Nation, under god then we will be a nation