Speaker 1: Yes, it is the Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, this segment right her is brought to you by roller Town Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina. Ben and I are partners in Thursday Nights are fun because those are music bingo nights. Now make plans to be there the final Thursday of this month. We're going to expand it and it's going to be KT's Atomic Music Bomb Trivia. That's going to be a huge night. Should be a hell of a lot of fun. We currently have nineteen beers on tap. Goy. We have a great selection. If you're an ipa drinker, we have several IPAs on tap right now. We always have a big assortment of pilsners and loggers, and I think we're most known for the Colt style ale, The big German named after Dirt and Vitsky, minimal hops with a smooth finish going to the game on Friday night. You can get at the American Airlines Center as well as Hero or the chop Shop right by the arena. The big German is our beer that's out in most places. Is Connie Rosso's pluckers on and on. Ask for it by name. It is roller Town beer Works. But right now it's time for.
Speaker 2: This a kill.
Speaker 1: This thing's big.
Speaker 2: As you guys know, I'm an avid reader and one of my favorite authors going right now is Kinzie Amazing. Plenty of great books you might have heard of, How to Clean your Beaver? Who Will Eat My Cookie? I liked one, Ben, I recommended this one to you. Who will Eat My Sausage? Yeah, just as love language, dude. So there's plenty of plenty of good, good books from her. Eating Out is a good one. That's a good one. Martha's Field Needs Plowed helped me understand what farmers go through, you know. And as a guy who lived in the country, I just never really knew the ins and out of actual farming though. So she's a very educational author and her latest book is uh titled Ben's Big Load.
Speaker 1: Hey Ben, is this for me? Script? For me? Is it okay to this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I went through the trouble of don't just don't look at it now, you know, I went to the trouble of buying this book, and uh, I went ahead and just typed it out on paper and I've I've got everyone's parts headline highlighted.
Speaker 1: So you don't have to pay for my load.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I think it's important.
Speaker 1: That thoughts and sports opinions don't Don't you do that a lot? Don't you take all the books you buy and write them out on paper? I did.
Speaker 2: All these long nonfiction books I've been writing too. The oral history of SNL took me forever.
Speaker 1: By the way, there's an SNL documentary on peacocks.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, can't wait?
Speaker 2: All right, I can't wait, So I won't have audio of it till next week, though, you guys good with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When's that SNL movie going to be on a streaming service?
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it in the month maybe maybe next month?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, wait until after the fiftieth.
Speaker 3: Or plus.
Speaker 1: But the Rangers.
Speaker 3: So, uh Ben's big load?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That Cynthia drop?
Speaker 2: This has been He's been carrying around a huge load for weeks. He needs to drop his load soon before it starts to leak. He wishes he could just release it and watch his huge load flow. He tried to drop off his load. He tried to drop his load off at Susie's place. Last week, But when he brought it by, she said.
Speaker 3: Not here, your load reaps.
Speaker 1: His load is overbearing. He is filled up to the brim. He needs to dump his load soon or it might be the end of him. His friends can tell he's hurting. They see that something's wrong. They asked Ben about his load and why he's been waiting so long. I have nowhere to dump it, he says. Every place I try says no. Do you guys have any suggestions? Where do you let your loads go?
Speaker 2: I just release it any place at anytime. I don't care where I release my load. Is that really a crime?
Speaker 1: I just released my load of my ex wife's last night. She's always down to take it as long as I get out of her sight. I release my load at Jim's. He can take quite a fill. Maybe you could ask him.
Speaker 3: He lives right up the hill.
Speaker 1: Wait, who's Jim Jim Siroy?
Speaker 2: That's the drummer of the Mighty Mighty Boss Stones. No, it's Joe Siroy. Ben decides to try it. What does he have to lose? He grabs his coat after finishing up his booze. Hey, Jim, how's it going, man?
Speaker 4: I have a favor to ask I've got a huge load and I need to dump it fast.
Speaker 2: You know what's weird is I've actually heard been asked that in realize to someone, Well, it's going to cost you.
Speaker 1: You can't just dump it for free. If I let you release your load here, what's in it for me?
Speaker 4: Just name a price, my man, anything at all. At this point, I'm desperate. I have no one else to call.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, you can release it here. There's just one condition. If you tell anyone, you might end up missing.
Speaker 2: Been agreed to that, he knew what needed to be done. He released his load so fast it nearly weighed a ton.
Speaker 1: Now there's an image.
Speaker 2: There's an image on the fast page of that book.
Speaker 1: The look on Ben's face. Man, the substances. Yeah, his mouth, Ben's mouth is watering, He's biting his lip. And it's so funny. How many there was like multiple people that sent that to us today. Really it just came out. Yeah, well, I think what happened is some old gal put it on TikTok because TikTok's going away.
Speaker 2: It's also trending heavily and read it in the suddenly gay subreddit.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite suddenly gay, like just all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Hit you, you know, light please, you know what? I think? I'm gay? Like, I wasn't always just hitting me.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like you feel like a sandwich, just as you just you don't want to sandwich, You just want gayness.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's happened, stumble into some gay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, is that it common? Oh It's happened to me several times. I've just been shopping. Yeah, and then I asked someone an opinion of what I tried on. And then the next thing, you know, I've stumbled into some gay. Let me use my fist. Where did you have that?
Speaker 3: That's just sitting right here, just sitting there.
Speaker 1: Man. Have you ever stumbled into some gay? I just read a book about it. No, I didn't know you could stumbled into it. I figured you kind of, you know, wired that way, and that was your thing, the whole way. It depends on what part of town you're then. Yeah, fell face first into I just fell face first into some gay. I wouldn't even try.
Speaker 3: And trivia question. How many people are on Earth?
Speaker 1: At least seven or eight? I know how many? Twine, there's eight billion people on Earth yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah yeah eight point two five billion as of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Places where I don't think they're keep an accurate count. But fine, this is a book.
Speaker 2: It's is a big world, right eight boon, And we live in a big city like Wonder'm I tell you would not be uncommon where I'm from or where Christina is from and crandall. So, uh, yesterday I went to, uh, the neurologist because I have one, and uh, just because I don't need to go, I just have one.
Speaker 1: You stumble into some gay, you stumble into a neurology.
Speaker 2: And I'm walking out to my car after the neurologist and I bump into part time employee at iHeart and Maddie, oh okay, and hey, she's in another building and she walked out and just started a parking lot and she's like, okay, T, what do you doing. I was like, well, it's my neurologist here, so my therapist is here, Maddie, Okay, small world, right, can happen the day before that? Up here in the iHeart hallways, I'm walking down the hall. I see a guy I'm kind of make eye contact. But then I do notice he's kind of staring at me, and I look back at him, and as I get closer, I go, Josh Hambledon. This guy was a fella, Not Josh Hamilton, was a guy who was my manager, one of my managers at Sports Authority in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, why are you just not telling us this?
Speaker 2: Because I just wanted to package it together with something else, and I didn't know that I was gonna see someone else I don't know where the next day. Eight billion people on the planet, and how straight. It's not strange to run into Maddie up here, but to run into her at a random like doctor's office, yeah, very strange. But Josh, I had not seen him in fifteen years, and he is like, I can't believe you remember my name. And he's just working with some company.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they do. Someone working on something in the building.
Speaker 2: Said he was doing something illegal, right, Yeah, he might listen to He's I've been he goes, I've listened to the show for many years now.
Speaker 1: You said he was up here stealing copper.
Speaker 2: We might have been getting some of that copper wire, taking the catalytic converter from everyone's truck in the parking garage?
Speaker 1: Did was he listening to the show? And we said that you used to work at Dick Authority. I'm from Baby, I don't know Sport Authority and Dicks Merge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a bad joke.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can just stumble into some Dick's Authority if you're just out shopping.
Speaker 3: But think of eight million people.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's happens, right, But to see two people and it's like someone gets in fifteen years and then someone you've seen I don't know just kind of blew my mind.
Speaker 3: And it makes me wonder, who am I going to see today? Like can we keep the streak alive?
Speaker 1: It sounds like one of those books we need three in a row. Who am I going to see today? Oh? My god, it was amazing. That's how we're going to end the show. That's so good.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you wanted to get into the Quinn you were stuff.
Speaker 1: Who am I going to it? I will. I'll never forget the time that KT stumbled into Maddie. He was right outside the free clinic her and he pointed his finger directly in her face. He raised his voice and he said.
Speaker 2: Eyes on the prize where you're going. Don't worry about people around you, head on a swivel, but also don't worry or interact with people around you. And Maddie didn't didn't want to work it, I heard anymore.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 1: Our good friend Christine's gonna play music for about a half an hour here and then we're gonna hand it off to Tyler. MAVs pregame MAVs Pelicans at seven tonight here on the Eagle. We'll see you tomorrow. Everybody here you going well, I'm gonna get my sack bag.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: We should just tip our caps to the Great Lamar Hunt.