Speaker 1: Welcome to the I'm Still Fun Podcast. We are a little bit late today. Yes, we didn't really like warn you last week. That's on us kind of totally forgot it was a holiday weekend.
Speaker 2: I know, I wasn't thinking about that, and then you and I were texting yesterday and we were like maybe going to hang out, but my day kind of got away with me with some plans I had, so it didn't happen. But I almost was going to be like, should we just like go in and do the podcast, because like we were going to hang out anyways.
Speaker 1: Do you know that every time I text you, because you always say you don't like texting, really, I always feel like I'm bothering you, so I like hesitate on if I should even text you or not. I'm always like I don't know if I should text her because I don't want you to feel like you have to hang out with me or something.
Speaker 2: No, I very much wanted to hang out with you A and B. I don't ever think of that when you text me. I feel like it's more of like I get overwhelmed in group chats a lot, so I kind of don't respond to those for a while until I have like the energy to look through all the conversations and then respond.
Speaker 3: But it's also like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, we communicate for work via text a lot, and so I feel like I'm kind of hindered because this is the first job. Is that's so like kind of text based versus email, Like I really don't use email barely at all, compared to like the text like Dave and I are going back and forth on or like the whole show is and stuff. So I think that's where like me not wanting to always answer text comes from. It's because I associate that would work sometimes too, So I don't know, And I like to call people, and you and I usually actually just like if we have things we want to get out or talk to, we just call each other.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had like pretty much nothing actually because all of actually did have daycare. My daughter and I was like, I went back and forth on the thing of like, well, I have the opportunity to hang out with her today, but I also have the opportunity well I worked the Jason Show. But I was like, maybe I can like relax, But I didn't end up texting Tina and we went and got lunch, which is actually when you texted me that you wouldn't be able to hang out or whatever.
Speaker 2: Which I was like, already, I'm a lunch right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fine anyway, But I was like around your neck of the woods because we went to Wakame, which is now officially I think become one of my top five lunch spots cities.
Speaker 3: Going there tonight for happy hour with girlfriends. It is so funny. I love Wakame so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what their dinner vibe is, but they're a lunch. Bento box is what dreams are effing made of. I never had that, okay, So it's like fifteen dollars, it's gonna be like twenty with tax, which I think is actually very good for this day and age. A salad is sixteen dollars.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 1: You get the miso or hot and sour soup to start. You get the salad that has the ginger dressing. Then you get the box. The box has a very delightful serving of warm white rice with like sesame seeds on it. You pick your like entree kind of meat if you will. I did the rock shrimp, which is like tempora shrimp with like a sauce on it. Okay, you get four pieces of a California role. You get like a an egg roll, but it's like a thinner kinds of like a spring roll and a cream cheese, one ton all of that.
Speaker 2: For this price. That is like literally a taste of every favorite thing I could have, and all you like kind of sort of want to because like how many egg rolls, how many wantons? How many pieces of sushi do you want? You kind of want like a little of everything, And it is and I'm telling you, I don't. I love it so much. I've only done it twice now, and I'm like, I'm ready to go back again. Man, I've always just gotten a bunch of rolls when I've gone there, so maybe I got to try that out instead.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's available at dinner. I don't think i've ever gone.
Speaker 1: No, it's under lunch special, so I doubt it is probably gonna be rolling tonight.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know, I'll that's fine because I haven't had sushi in a really long time, so I'm so looking forward, Like I know we're going during a happy hour for drink specials, but I don't care about the drinks at all. I'm only hyped about the happy hour sushi roll. Hell yeah, sushi is interesting because it doesn't keep me full for long, right, It's good in the moment and then and I my top issue and that place, though, at least has fresh tasting sushi, which I like. I also can't stand the places now that make the sushi pieces so massive.
Speaker 1: You cannot fit it into your mouth. I know there's a place I went one time. I was like, I'll never come back here again. I cannot eat this and I have a big mouth, like, what the hell is this stopping? Ridiculous with it? Good God, this is the most americanized sushi I've ever seen my freaking life.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree with you more. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: If I have to like deep throat the sushi, that's fair. That's pretty much what you have to do.
Speaker 3: You have to open so wide.
Speaker 1: You do, and then you get the little like seaweed thing that sometimes won't break and for a split second it like it bobs down your throat and it won't And am I.
Speaker 3: Gonna choke and die?
Speaker 2: Is yet go?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I only want certain people to hear that sound, I mean not a public restaurant. Well not everyone that listens to this podcast gets to hear that. I'm sorry, but speaking of deep throating, yes, go on. So I had Texas fallon because she was like, what are you doing right now? And I'm like, trying to become a housewife proved Andrew that I can stay at home and make us delicious meals and I can just live in a camp or van whenever I want whatever. So I sent her a picture of the meal we made and I tell I told Andrew that I told you that. And then later on he comes home from doing stuff, he goes, well, where's my dinner, like jokingly jokingly, and he's like, I thought you were like auditioned to be this housewife whatever, And I go, no, We're still gonna both be making food, like I'm not always making all the meals, like I'm just proving to you that I can be like a really good times and he goes yeah, He's like, well, still haven't gotten my daily blow job either, and I go, well, who's been giving you your other ones? He hasn't been me. He goes, well, that's going to be part of it too. Once I become a house. I will go, Ah, maybe I'll keep working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll keep the nine at five.
Speaker 1: Then I saw a video today you should actually try this with Andrew. I saved it because I was like, how can I turn this into a version that has no nothing to do with this.
Speaker 3: Let me be very clear with Colt.
Speaker 1: You know, I see like other videos, I'm like, oh, how can we turn this into something for co workers and not? So I want to be very clear. This is not something I would put in front of Colt. But it was a girl and she wrote on a piece of paper and she's like, I'll give you a you I'll give you a sucky sucky if you don't smile. And so he's playing a video game and she puts it in front of him because you know the guy's going to read it and smile, yeah, or laugh, and he looks so stone cold serious and like for like thirty seconds just staring away from it. And then she walks away and it made me laugh so hard because I was like, he had to.
Speaker 3: Fight for that one, you know what I mean? So you should do that.
Speaker 1: And there's no way Andrew won't smile. He's a laugh He smile, He probably will.
Speaker 2: For instance, at Christmas, so there was like this long tube of probably like leftover wrapping paper, so the tube you get once the wrapping paper is gone. Well, and the kids were playing with it, and then I grabbed it and I started like saying dirty things through it, Yeah, in front of the whole family's in the living room, and I'm like saying dirty things to him through it, and he couldn't stop laughing, and he was I was like answered the question because I think I was asking how whatty his balls were, or like weird things like that, and he was just like he couldn't handle it because we were literally my family was like two feet away and I'm saying the most ridiculous things toamp.
Speaker 3: Oh God, that's the joy though.
Speaker 1: I like those videos too where the girl I like a family function, will text the guy, yeah something she wants to do to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you also seen the trend going around where it's like the guy turns his hat backwards and puts his hand up against the wall around the girl. They say it like makes the guy so much hotter, and he just flips his hat backwards and he like kind of he's not pinning herybody's leaning into her.
Speaker 3: And his hand goes up on the wall.
Speaker 1: Okay, if Jake did that, I'd be like, get the fuck out, he here, you douche canoo. But every video is like set to music and the girl's like, oh my god, I got so hot, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, what the hell? It just makes me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that is not mine and Jake's relationship at all.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that Andrew and I have that kind of a relationship either. But also, he doesn't wear hats, so that would never fly. He wears like winter hats, right, But that said, he never wears like brimmed hats or sometimes. And I gotta be honest, I don't love Jake has such a good head of hair, like you want to fix it today or whatever. And I'm like, okay, but I have told Jake this, which I know if he said this to me, I would be so mad. I do not love Jake's style anymore. I think, slowly but surely, he is turning into the most Midwestern wearing a vest I have to wear a golf hat with a golf polo.
Speaker 1: I am so sorry if that is your husband's vibe, or if you like that. I do not like that. It makes me feel old and like I am, and even you could be like you are a bitch.
Speaker 2: Fine. I don't want to feel old though it makes me feel like I am with like the most suburban white dad of all time.
Speaker 1: I hate it so much. And you might be saying, was this style before? It was just to me simple and hot. He would just wear like a black T shirt and like jeans. It was very simple. And I know he can't wear that to work, But how is that any different than wearing a fucking puffer vest.
Speaker 3: Or a title hat? Is that the thing? Title? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, and like the the golf polos are one of my top biggest turn offs of all time.
Speaker 3: I hate them.
Speaker 2: I okay, that's interesting because I feel like Jake has always had really good style, and I guess I haven't seen the change into the puffer vass.
Speaker 1: He has some moments of style, but I would argue it's stuff that I pick out or buy for him, because if the man could just shop at Shields, he would, And if you are not from here, Shields is basically Dick's sporting goods, but mixed in some hunting and fishing yeah, a bass pro shop in certain regions and high like Shields. They do have good stuff. I'm not knocking sheels, but I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: It's Harry like Athletic at Leisure.
Speaker 3: Or whatever drug Shields.
Speaker 2: I would get stuff there too, and he could probably argue, you only wear hucking is an oversized sweatshirt, right, and he might be right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this isn't about me.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not about I got him obviously, and you wear whatever you want, thank you. I get that Andrew's very much a hammermaid kind of guy with his style. Or he's like a groutfit. So he's either super bougie because he's going on a showings or you're holding an open house or something, or he's literally wearing a groutfit where gray sweatpants, gray sweatshirt, that's like his everyday at home.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm.
Speaker 1: Allowed to say this, and we can edit it out because you said that Andrew listens sometimes. Yeah, one time, again, we can edit this out. You told me there was something he wears that is a turnoff, and I remember it, but I don't want to say it if it's going to cause issues.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I don't know what it is. It was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure like a sleeveless jersey kind of shirt. Oh yes, okay, so there was a picture from your recent van life experience and he was wearing something like this and you took a picture together. And all I could think of was, is Jenny so turned off by him right now? Because okay, but I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Ever shared this with him before? So I think I said this, So this is what it was.
Speaker 2: Last winter, I had gotten this really oversized jersey for the Timberwolves because I was hosting a couple of games and it was just super big, and I was like, well, I'm literally never gonna wear this unless they asked me to host again, Like, I'm never gonna wear this. And so he kind of took it under his wing, and then the Wolves were doing good, so he was always wearing it and he wouldn't wear a shirt underneath it, and I just thought he had a little bit of like a farmer tan.
Speaker 3: He looked kind of like.
Speaker 2: Trashy in it. And I feel like I've said that on the podcast and I can't remember that that's the vibe that I didn't like, but I don't mind those like bro tanks. He was okay, and that photo that's like different. This was like the jersey thing like it just it wasn't a good style for him, gotcha. Yeah, And we don't have to edit this out.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've maybe told him this before, but babe, if you're listening, and I haven't, I love you and you look hot, even though like not so much in that.
Speaker 1: I know, Jake, I'm not listening, and it's something I've said to him anyway, And the other day he did make me feel bad and so I shouldn't even so I was like, I think I said something along the lines of, oh, is that you dressed up? Yeah, which is such a bitch thing to say, a very like backhanded compliment. And then he made me feel bad because he was like, I am like heavier than i've been lately and a lot of my stuff doesn't fit.
Speaker 3: And it was like out of a movie.
Speaker 1: We're like the guy that you hate in the movie says some shit to the girl and she's like, I'm sorry, I've gained weight lately, and then you feel it even worse for.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh god, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like I was like, I'm just kidding, you look so good. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, the man has never even when I was like first fresh off of having the baby for like three years and I was like, I'm not even gonna try it all. Ye never did Jake ever make me feel like I needed to lose a pound, which I don't care about his weight.
Speaker 3: That's never. I actually prefer Jake to be a little plump. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think Jake gets plumped, but for him his version of plump. And but never has he ever made me feel.
Speaker 3: Bad about anything.
Speaker 1: He will make fun of certain lounge where I wear. I'm like, oh, I see you're wearing your best pants, so you will say that to me.
Speaker 2: But I deserve it because they're disgusting, like you know, PJ sweatpants.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I gotta get myself straight, Jenny.
Speaker 3: I got to stop.
Speaker 1: I can't be the person I've never picked Jake apart. Jake is very beautiful. I just I think it's just I don't like what.
Speaker 2: I said earlier, those certain staples that means you just have to go shopping for him.
Speaker 3: That's That's the only way I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm over just kidding on my kitchen nook right now and getting quotes for our a new stairrails system situation. So instead of you know, buying five dollars things on Amazon quote unquote saving money, I'm spending in a xuberant.
Speaker 3: Amount of money on home renovations. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's part of me that just wants to go in and knock out our kitchen wall that she moved in since I moved in. And Andrew told me he went over to the neighbor's the other day and they did that in their kitchen and they have a very similar layout as us, and he said that one day.
Speaker 3: So it's Tom and Jerry. It's a female and male.
Speaker 2: Tom comes home, Jerry just started going the town.
Speaker 3: On the wall.
Speaker 2: It started knocking it out, and was like I was sick of it and just started doing it. But Tom is like a contractor, makes it easier, knows a lot more shit than me and Andrew do. Andrew is very good at so many different things that I do not have any knowledge. And like he installed that heater on our camper van, all kinds of electrical shit, but like so much smarter than me. And he's and he's done a lot of things to his own properties. But it's like I have zero knowledge in that area. I know I could teach myself simple things like probably putting it in like vinyl, playing flooring or something.
Speaker 3: I think I could teach myself that.
Speaker 1: When it's like a board, that's important to keep the house up right.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what it is. I know we sound we're gonna be. I know what it is.
Speaker 1: But with your luck, your house would be different and you would do that and it would be the important thing that keeps your house from crumble.
Speaker 2: Well, that's like the main thing that we've been trying to figure out is if it had contained that. And now I can't think of what the word is either, because I would literally just start hammering it one day, Like like one day when I just was like, I'm going to paint a mural in my living room and I did and then it was awful and then I had to paint it back.
Speaker 1: Well, how do I google this? What is an important like it's going to come to our brain. My house you can't tear down or it will collapse.
Speaker 2: God, so many people are screaming at their podcast right now, like.
Speaker 3: A load bearing. Thank you AI for helping me.
Speaker 1: Okay, important post or whatever in quotes because I'm stupid.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh my gosh, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Well, we said we would still get to some more AMA questions, so I think we're gonna kind of we might be a little short on time today just because I got to run off to some meeting.
Speaker 3: Jenny's very important.
Speaker 1: She has a Corporate America meeting I do, and it's probably going to entail literally everyone across the nation who is doing the same thing I'm doing.
Speaker 2: And I won't have to actually speak in it. I just have to be present.
Speaker 3: And mac off, you've been on meetings like that, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, let's see what is Oh no, we already did that one. I was gonna say the favorite memory of twenty twenty four that we did together, and we couldn't think of anything. I can't think of a single memory with each other. God, Okay, is there anything that you guys regret in life? Call and I have always had one similar regret though.
Speaker 3: That we didn't study abroad. Yeah, I wish it.
Speaker 2: Had Outside of that, yes, plenty, But honestly, probably the biggest ones I would.
Speaker 3: Never talk about same. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Sorry, So yeah, we're just gonna leave you at the editor.
Speaker 3: C yea there.
Speaker 2: This one says Jenny with Andrew, do you want to settle down, get married, and have kids?
Speaker 3: Tbd on and pretty much all of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean I would say that we're already settled down, so that's already done. Get married, I think is on the table when it will happen, I do not know. And have kids is also something that is there, but a final decision hasn't been made one way or another.
Speaker 3: So that's that one. Fallon.
Speaker 2: How does your and Jake's schedule work with all of you both seem really busy with your careers.
Speaker 3: Mornings now, we kind of alternate.
Speaker 1: There a couple of days a week that Jake will go into the office, So typically I take all of to school, especially on those days, but I'll take her on other days. She does like Adventure Club, so it's like kind of pre before school and after school daycare if you will, at her pre k and Jake picks her up.
Speaker 3: And usually I try to buy all.
Speaker 1: The food like we're gonna need for dinner, and I either just send him the recipe and leave everything on the counter or I'll pre prep it, or sometimes I'll just make it before I leave, like in a crock pot, so that when he gets home, dinner is easier because he'll pick her up at like four twenty. I mean, he's still like technically working until five and sometimes later, and then as soon as I get home, we eat, I spend a little That's why I always say it, like I really that's that's the biggest thing I miss about the morning show time slot is just having more time in the afternoon to help Jake and to be with Olive. And you know, I don't want to do afternoon radio forever. I just don't because and it's so funny because Jake will be like, now you see what it's like to have normal work hours, because I'm like, this is awful.
Speaker 3: I don't want to work till six.
Speaker 1: I hate this, and He'll be like, welcome to like the real world basically, and I'm like, no, people typically get to leave at five at least and they're home before six. He's like, yes, sometimes, And I know I was lucky and the way that my hours were before, but I do hope to go back to something like that or at least a little bit earlier at some point.
Speaker 2: It's just such a different shift, I think, to go from having done mornings to then be in afternoons because versus the other way. Because like I was a server for years and then I switched to like starting a job early, and that was more like, Okay, this is awesome. When I started having afternoons free, right, If I had to go back to like serving hours, I'd probably be.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I don't know about this. You know, Okay, let's see.
Speaker 2: Would you rather have a one minute conversation with your past self or future self?
Speaker 3: What do you think? I don't know, what do you ego? First?
Speaker 2: I think I would say future self, just because I mean, I'm not changing the past, and I think I kind of would be curious with my future self of like where you're at, yeah, and just like some tips like hey, maybe avoid all of those drugs that someone might present you, and no, I'm just kidding, my god, I'm not gonna be around any drugs.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I think I probably would have like hit that phase of my life if I was gonna ever be around drugs.
Speaker 1: My futureself would literally put your phone down, be more present.
Speaker 3: With your kid. That's probably what they just what they would element and be like, oh, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well, as an anxious human always living in the future, that's probably why I would be like my future self.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I absolutely hands down.
Speaker 2: Uh. Do you miss being on the radio together? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Always, yes, we do.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, we obviously get to do this still and we call each other when we war fern because it's it's less fast paced, so less chaotic, less chance for disaster, for us to turn on each other. Yep, which I you know, I do miss those moments. You still turn on me sometimes on here, but not quite as much. It's just it's just on the radio. You never know how a conversation could turn, and when you're doing it for four and a half hours, it's like, yeah, you're we're probably going to turn it at some point.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Uh, Okay.
Speaker 2: Tips to loving yourself slash your body.
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: I think that everyone, at least I will speak for probably most females still struggles with that. And unfortunately, like I'm thirty four now and I just had a really bad weekend of not loving my body because I think I've put on a little bit weight over the winter, and I put on these shorts to work out in, and they haven't been that tight on me, like almost ever. So I was like, well, this is kind of a bummer because I feel like I've been working out and stuff, but my nutrition probably hasn't been as good. But I was not concerned about that. So I do still struggle, I think a lot with loving my body. But then I also look in my ear, my ear. I look at my ear. I look at my ear and I'm like, you know what that is?
Speaker 3: A sexy?
Speaker 2: Yeah ear? Look at Oh my gosh, yeah, it's nice and clean.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I look in the mirror and I try to be like, look at them curves, look at those titties.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: And Andrew also makes me feel really great because he's like, do you ever just look at yourself naked?
Speaker 3: And You're like wow?
Speaker 2: And I'm like never, yeah, And he's like, really I would if I was you. And I'm like, thank you, babe, Yes, that's why you're the best.
Speaker 1: Jake will come in the bathroom naked, he'll make positive comments. I'm like, oh, disgusting. Your standards are low, and I turn on him, you know, and he's like, oh my god, I'm just trying to you know what, No, I agree with Jenny. It's like I I think as you get older, you do care less. It's kind of like what am I like? I for me, I'm not trying to be sexy anymore for anyone, like for like the quote unquote male gays, I'm not gonna be like I didn't go like spend a majority of my life wanting men to think I'm attractive. I did, but now like there are times obviously I want to look good and feel confident. But for the most part I have calmed on that, but I still get in my head. You know, you'll hear things like you aren't friends with a single one of your friends because of how they look. Mm hm, So I and I agree with that, like Jenny may be hot, but I never ever care about that about Jenny, Like I don't care at all. So I feel like that's the same for you, Like you are who like the important part of you is not how you look, and we know that it's just man, it's hard to separate it.
Speaker 2: And I also will just say, because it says not just your body, loving your body, but also yourself. I think one of those things is something that also comes with age, which is stop caring what everyone else thinks about you and be who you are, because I think.
Speaker 1: That nobody thinks about you as much as you know they do exactly obs that's.
Speaker 3: With them their own self.
Speaker 1: We're all so self involved, we're all constantly worrying about what other people think about us. So they may they may spend a minute thinking about you if like you're going through something dramatic at the moment that's gossip worthy or whatever, but most likely probably not, probably not thinking about you nearly as much as you think they are.
Speaker 2: Yes, And on that note, I think we got to wrap up just because you know me importantly, whatever I'm needed.
Speaker 3: I don't have anything I'm needed. God, all right, it's nice. I know it's not.
Speaker 2: I literally am going to be on a Zoom meeting where my all I just need to do is present. Jenny is Jenny Lutenberger here. You'd like to hear your thoughts. You're like, ah, I don't have any thoughts. They're like, can you please put your camera on, ma'am? And I'll be like, hold on, let me put my shirt on, Like I just I just have the audio on, and then I'm.
Speaker 1: Like hold on, that'd be great. Actually, I support that. Thank you so much for listening. Sorry it's a little bit late, but it's still on the right day, which is exciting.
Speaker 3: Have a great week. We love you.
Speaker 1: This is us physically embracing you, giving you a nice little hug and pinch in the ass too,