Speaker 1: Now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio. I'm it's Kine. Oh very nice, nice Mike movement, face movement, pare anyway, Yeah, there you go. What is our dad joke of the day.
Speaker 2: You know, my friend is losing his mind over missing a piece of his five thousand piece puzzle. If he thinks that's bad, I'm missing nine pieces.
Speaker 1: I've got one for you that somebody sent earlier, and it was this guy goes to his boss and says, hey, man, my wife just died. Can I have some time off? Bossa's Oh my god, absolutely, how much time do you need? Five to ten to life? There you go, anyway, thanks you anyway. What's our what's our word of the today?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: God zukery, god Zugerrie.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be something that's totally surprising, like out of control, like that's Gadzugerie. No, No, you don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: It has to do with over usage of old like archaic, out of date phrases, the use or over use of period specific or arcade express these.
Speaker 1: Words in here seriously accurate. Okay, there's the question, I know what this is. What is bruxism? B r u x I s M bruxism. Oh, I know roxism. I know this, but I don't know it my head. It is the habit of grinding your teeth out nights and I have it and my whole life. My mother's like, that is the creepiest noise I've ever heard. No no, that noise. And I was like, whatever, I'm asleep. My daughter does it. And the first time I heard it, I was like, oh my god, that is the creepiest noise ever.
Speaker 4: By the way, the gadzooks thing, one of my first jobs was working at a kadzooks the topics.
Speaker 2: What is the exact deinition?
Speaker 5: You're not higher anyway? Like one day I looked it up and that was that was the thing, all right, what is our category, please, sir? Handy phrases handy, I'm guessing that them. Yes, okay, a garment passed on from an old man. What's a hand me down?
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 1: I know about those two.
Speaker 2: Going back just to nineteen sixty nine, this hyphenated experience originally meant learning computers using a keyboard.
Speaker 1: Learning computers using a keyboard.
Speaker 2: Yep, I have no idea an experience called what is hands on.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we're so dumb.
Speaker 2: Wow. You know. This phrase, meaning you've got complete control of someone, also describes the activity of some petting zoo animals. The activity of some petting zoo animals.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I have a phrase for the first one. Yeah, but I don't for the second. I'm gonna try, Manny, you've got a handle on it.
Speaker 2: No, dang it.
Speaker 1: What is a mouth shut?
Speaker 2: Eating out of your hand?
Speaker 4: Eating out the back?
Speaker 1: Have you answered a question right?
Speaker 2: I answered?
Speaker 1: We're tied at zero. Here we go.
Speaker 2: This forward phrase for a type of faith healing is found in Hebrews six to two.
Speaker 1: Mandy, what is lay hands on someone?
Speaker 2: Do I give it to you? I mean, yeah, it's pretty much what yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, good enough. According to a William Ross poem, this is the hand that rules the world. I haven't heard this one. Good luck and that rules the world that needs it.
Speaker 1: For the tie, I'm sitting on my one because I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. What is the hand that rocks the cradle? Well, I didn't see right either. I don't know that's what I Okay, we need to brush up on everything. Then we're terrible one zero.
Speaker 1: It must be a foot guy, because apparently nothing I don't know