Speaker 1: A conservative worldview would take account of what people actually want as expressed by what they do, not by what they should want. And I feel like everything has gotten think tank world is so abstract, you literally have and I've worked in think tank world. I mean, I've been here for thirty four years, so i know the way the city works. And I've seen people have debates like, well, you know, that's inconsistent with the tenets of capitalism. I'm like, I don't worship capitalism. I worship God, like whatever. I'm a Christian, but leaving outside this is not a religion. It's a mechanical you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: People can have better ructure exactly right.
Speaker 1: But if your system is making it impossible for my children to get married, then I am totally happy to set your system on fire and blow it up, because what is the point to serve the system. I'm not serving a system. I'm serving my children.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not playing U Tucker cross and to start the show off because I agree with what he's saying there, but I am playing it because that is a sentiment. Obviously that was older, probably fifteen years ago that he said that, but that idea has become extraordinarily popular. Really, what he's describing is not he's saying conservatism ought to deal with this, but what he's really describing as populism. What he's really describing is how do the people feel about your policies? How are your policies changing their feeling about the ruling class. I think that the most profound thing he said there, and something that I relate to, even though I disagree with some of his policy proposals to remedy these issues, that we do agree on is that if your system makes it impossible for my child to buy a home, I will burn it down. I will burn it down. This is coming from a pretty pretty passive guy. You know, you don't see Tucker going crazy too often, So for him to say that is profound. And there's a ton of people in America that feel that way all walks of life. Probably i'd say half of the people at this point, maybe more feel that way. This system's Unjust burn it down. I don't care what comes next. What is is bad. This is a very revolutionary mindset. This is the mindset that really lights embers in the hearts of Marxists oftentimes, but as you've seen with the rise of Donald Trump. This is not a sentiment that's exclusive to the left. This is a very popular feeling, and I don't blame them. In many ways, I feel the same, and I'm sure many of you feel the same too, But oftentimes libertarians fail to communicate our ideas in a way that actually reaches them, in a way that lets them know that we actually agree with what they're saying, that yes, the system is fucked up, and yes we see your pain, we feel it, and we share it with you, but we have policy proposals that may differ from yours or from your political leaders. And the reason I bring this up in the reason and I played that clip is because Donald Trump announced today the Great re Emergence of America. I forget the exact phraseology that he applied to it, but what he's doing is he's applying tariffs broad based to almost every country on Earth. I mean, any country that we have a trade deficit with, Boom, you get a tariff. Before I get there, let me explain kind of how it works. What he had initially campaigned on, and what he talked about often was reciprocal tariffs. That if you're applying tariffs to us boom, you get the same in return, And I said, as you can go back when I first talked about this, I don't actually think that's necessarily a bad idea, because I think given our consumer market, there's so much desire to sell goods into America that it'll probably force a tremendous amount of countries to remove their tariffs to avoid our reciprocal tariffs. So like game theory, it makes sense they sell more stuff to us US the tariffs will hurt their industry more than it will hurt us. Therefore they'll probably back off. Well, his policy proposal today looked quite a bit different. It's not at all reflective of the tariffs that they have placed on us, which is not a good idea in my opinion. I don't think I need to explain this to most people in my audience, but I am not of the belief that trade deficits are inherently bad. Through division of labor and economies of scale, there are other factors that make it make sense that some goods are going to be purchased from other countries and it's not going to be equal. We're not going to sell them just as many goods as they as they sell to us like, it's not going to be perfectly even, and to expect it to be perfectly even as kind of ridiculous. I mean, how often would you expect, like, do you expect, I don't know, Guyana to buy as much from us as we like, the exact same amount as we buy from them. It's kind of ridiculous. So I don't think the trade deficits per se are the problem. Sometimes they can get out of hand, but I think the real problem was the unfair trade practices that we were dealing with that so many countries, and this is a problem that I don't think enough libertarians talk about. Our country was being tariffed just bloody nose level to much of the rest of the world. EU Canada tariffing us into oblivion. We're talking triple digit tariffs on some goods like astronomical levels, and we weren't responding. We were just like cool, our industry can't sell to you, you can sell to us, and that's just how the world works. Well, I don't think that's fair, and I think that a reciprocal tariff policy where hey, you terrify us, we're gonna we're gonna return the favor. Maybe you don't want to do that. That's probably a good negotiating chip given how big our consumer market is. Unfortunately, that's not what I'm doing. He is just trying to deal with trade deficits and doing so with tariffs. And I'll just be honest with you, for the life of me, I can't understand. I cannot, just to be clear, cannot understand why you would formulate it that way. And just to give you an example of what I'm talking about, Ford, I think he was the mayor of Ontario. He said earlier today that they're prepared to get rid of all Canadian tariffs if we won't implement ours against theirs. That you have tariffs on a whole number of products.
Speaker 1: And we'd be willing to take those off tomorrow if he took all the tariffs off.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, hooray, your plan worked. Trump Your reciprocal tariff threats scared the shit out of them. They backed off, signed the deal. They don't tariff us, we don't tear if tariff them. That's actually free free market trading. Boom Bob, your uncle, let's go now. It doesn't look as if it's going to play that way, and I think that's a big mistake. This now appears to me not to be what he campaigned on in terms of this is going to be reciprocal on it, to negotiate tariffs to be as low as possible to help free up the free market, to actually make the market free. That's not what he's doing. Now. What he's trying to do is essentially make so much money from tariffs that he can then reduce the income tax. Now, don't get me wrong, I like that idea a lot. I would love more than anything, and I would absolutely trade a thousand times out of a thousand, you get rid of the income tax on the American people, charge tariffs on the rest of the world to offset it if you can. Awesome, But here's the truth. Mathematically, it just doesn't work, folks. You would have to bring in north of five or six trillion dollars annually from tariffs. There's just no way you're going to be able to get that much from tariffs. There's no way. I mean, I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's not going to happen. Like the income tax, what they take in is not going to be replaced entirely from tariffs. So what we're going to end up with is probably some income tax cuts, which is good, but then we're gonna also have to bear the cost of the tariffs that are placed on the goods that we import, so we're gonna end up paying it kind of. Anyways, now you can buy American and that's all good, but overall, I think that it's probably not gonna work out. Now. As I said to start this off, I think that there's a chance that they find a glide path if they use these as negotiating chips. Doesn't look like that's what he's doing. It looks as if he is genuinely trying to generate trillions of dollars in revenue via tariffs. I mean, this is a level, it's a scale of trade war that I don't think can be successful. Like, I don't know how you can do this and not end up in a severe recession. It's gonna be very hard. I'll just say it like that, like it's not impossible, but it's gonna be challenging. And I just think that it's very important that people understand this that like what he is doing is essentially taking the game of monopoly and changing the rules, like, he's not just moving the pieces around a little bit. He's not rolling doubles, he's not landing on free parking and picking the cash up out of the middle. I don't know if you played that way, That's how I played. Always put five hundred to midle. He is changing the rules of the game. He's basically putting a cost on every space that you land on for foreigners, and he's hoping or expecting that they're not going to return that favor in kind. And the truth is many of them are going to. Now his threat is, well, if you respond, then our tariffs go higher. Okay, Well, now you're in a full blown trade war. Who blinks first? Now everyone assumes me included, that it's going to be the other countries, not America, because we're the biggest consumer economy. Everybody wants to sell to us. They're going to blink first. But some of them are going to some of them are not going to behave rationally, some of them are going to go to the mat. Some of them are gonna realign their trading relationships with the rest of their neighbors as opposed to America. Canada is trying to realign itself with Europe. Obviously you've got the Bricks Alliance. It's just going to be it's going to strain our relationships with the rest of the world. Now. I am not interested in being the whipping boy of the rest of the world anymore. I'm not interested in being the policeman of the world anymore. I'm not interested in providing military service for the rest of the world, or welfare via USAID or handouts, none of that. So a lot of that is going to put a strain on our relationship with the rest of the world. I'm not interested in being in the UN, I'm not interested in being in the WHO, the World Health Organization. I'm not interested in being in NATO. I'm not interested in having much to do with the rest of the world, aside from trading with them. I think that is the one thing that we genuinely benefit from. They produce goods at a cheaper cost than we can in certain industries. We produce goods at a higher quality or cheaper costs in an industry that they can't provide. We then trade. I think that these things, broadly speaking, that lowers consumer costs, and it increases our standard of living and it benefits us on net. Now, here's the area that libertarians get wrong. Oftentimes, when someone starts to bitch about the de industrialization of America, they'll just explain to them. They'll start to talk to them about federal reserve, fractional reserve, banking, inflation, like, you can take it a lot of different directions from just a free market, libertarian, capitalist kind of mentality. To explain away much of this, you can talk about as I already did with division of labor, and how this ultimately is a net benefit to us. But the mistake, the mistake that people make all the fucking time, is that they do not actually address how justifiably pissed off they are. That, yes, your birthright as an American coming up in an economy that was blossoming throughout most of your life and has now gone to shit, is in fact shitty and is in fact something that you ought to be pissed off about. And we are as as much, if not more so, pissed at everything that's happened. And also you ought to add in, hey, I also get your gripe. Like, think about this, there's approximately fifty million men in this country that are adults eighteen up, but under forty fifty million that never had a good economy that came up right into the teeth of eight the recession there then had basically a shit economy throughout the twenty teens. Then they had COVID and lockdowns and inflation. On top of that. They're also the generation that came up where men were the bane of everyone's existence. They were the whipping boy for all of civilization they had. And then and then on top of that there was HR and DEI departments that said you must hire women before you hire any of these men. I don't give a fuck if they're more qualified, I don't care. Do you think it helps if you just go to that guy and you say, yeah, well it's inflation in the Federal Reserve and blah blah blah, Like, do you think he wants to hear any of that or do you think he wants to hear from Donald Trump going I'm gonna bring job I'm gonna bring your jobs back. You know that job that your grandpa had in that factory, that he was able to afford a home and get married and have kids and afforded a retirement. Oh what an idea? A vacation every once in a while a Rolex when he retires. I'm bringing that back for you. If you can't understand why that's appealing to this immense wave of young men, well you're never going to reach them. You have to grapple with that fact that it sounds great, and they're going to obviously like what he has to say here. It doesn't necessarily matter whether or not he's going to successfully deliver on it, because he's already got their votes, including mine, which I'll get into in a second. If you can't actually deal with their genuine grievances, they're going to disregard what you have to say, and honestly, they probably should. They probably shouldn't listen to you because you're not actually listening to them. You're not actually hearing what they're saying. They're pissed, they've been rug pulled their entire fucking lives, and they're looking for revolutionary change to remedy it. And I don't blame them. I think only then might they listen to your free market economic explanation to everything that's going on in the world, and only then maybe they'll consider the solutions that you might recommend. Versus the one that Trump is offering. And a good example of this is Batiya Ungar Sargon. I think I pronounced that right. She went on Piers Morgan today. I don't want to play this clip for you.
Speaker 3: What I find so frustrating about the conversation around tariffs is that we all agree on the problem.
Speaker 2: We all agree.
Speaker 3: That the de industrialization of America led to the downward mobility of the American working class, deaths of despair, people working multiple jobs and not.
Speaker 2: Being able to afford the American dream.
Speaker 3: We all agree that it is deeply unfair for the American middle class to be bearing the burden of unfair tariffs from other countries. We all agree that it is great for the president to have leverage in order to demand reasonable things like that country stop allowing Fentanel to murder one hundred thousand Americans every year, and that Mexico do its part to police its own border. And yet when somebody has the courage to show up and stay at Wall Street, screw you. I am waging war. I'm waging class warfare on behalf of the American working class. And you elites and Wall Street, you do what you need to do because I'm not going to stop fighting for the American working class. Suddenly everybody is sitting around going, oh no, the stock market, Yeah, the stock market looks like that because the rich are punishing Trump for siding with the neglected and humiliated American working class over them.
Speaker 2: So you get the idea, passion, understanding, sympathy, sympathy for the plight of these young people. That's all good. Here's where she goes astray. She's an economic ignoratus. Sorry, I'm just gonna say it. I'm sure she's a nice gal. I'm sure she's very nice. But she's a socialist at the end of the day, and she's a maximal protectionist. And she's totally not telling you the truth. And that's probably what I should lead with as opposed to being just a dick about it. She's not telling you the truth. She's saying these This is the capitalist punishing Trump. Excuse me, hello, hi Clint.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: Actually Trump is fighting to assist Blackrock, the largest money manager on planet Earth in human history, in acquiring the Panama Canal over the CCP. Now, I will say I'd probably prefer Blackrock to own it than the CCP. Sure, whatever. It's not a huge difference to me, to be honest, But yeah, I guess I would prefer it to be an American company that we can apply leverage to. But that is not fighting Wall Street. Batya, you liar. That's not fight that's not fighting for the little guy. It's really not. It's fighting for Wall Street. It's fighting on behalf of Wall Street in a massive way, an astronomical cool way. But you see how how compelling a rant like that is. If you set aside your brain, and you set aside all of the facts that she gets wrong, you just go, that sounds great. Look at it. She is fired up. She's fighting for the little guy, the middle class, the poor against Wall Street. That sounds great if you don't have, you know, a chicken in the pot and a pot to piss and you're like, fuck, yeah, this lady rocks. And Trump is my guy. And I'm not saying Trump shouldn't be your guy. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying it's really important that you actually tell the truth, that you actually say who's gonna benefit from this stuff? And I made a post a little bit earlier tonight. I said a potentially grim prediction for you, deporting illegals while simultaneously adding tariffs ostensibly to create factory jobs, will end up creating major labor shortages. Now, the reason I said that is because I don't think that we have enough people that actually want those jobs, or more importantly, are capable of doing industrial level labor, at least not in the short term. It's going to take a year's to ramp up and train all these people anyways, And I said that void will likely be filled by robots, not people. I hope I'll be proven wrong on this. And I just want to read you a reply that I got because it was so over the top. This is exactly the energy or the audience that someone like Batya and Trump speaks to and resonates with tremendously. He said, you are right, Clint, we should embrace the complete destruction of the middle class. I'm sure your children will appreciate the fact that you stood up for the globalists while they struggle to figure out what service economy job they prefer Maurista or gas station sales click while renting from either Black Rock or Vanguard. After they gobble up all the homes that have gone into foreclosure, when the market collapses, no worries though. They can order uber eats that they finance at thirty two percent interest, which is currently the grim reality of the current status quo. Someday the grift YouTube money will dry up. I look forward to you ringing up my pack of smokes. So, yeah, I got under his skin. I don't really know why, but I wanted to break some of this down, and you know, sitting inside the fact that he was a total asshole to me. Some funny one liners in there, some funny zingers, here's the real issue. I agree with his analysis of the current paradigm. We just we just differ on the solution. I think that just to give you some actual solutions that I think would help us tremendously. Yeah, we need to go back to sound money. That's all true. Like it's not going to happen anytime in the near future. Just being honest, it's not gonna happen. So in the interim, what are some things that could happen. Well, you could cut back on federal spending. Trump allegedly is doing that via DOGE. I hope that it is ultimately cemented by Congress, and in fact, they do cut back at least to twenty nineteen spending levels. For the love of god, I realized it's like forty percent cuts, But it's just twenty nineteen levels. Like, if we can't survive off of that, something's terribly fucked up, and we shouldn't be spending at pandemic lockdown levels for the rest of eternity. We're going to go bankrupt, obviously, So that would be a good start. That would reduce the inflationary pressure that we've been dealing with. Probably the biggest second thing he can do aside from that, would be to cut the regulatory tape to free up the economy. Well, actually that's either the second or the third thing. Probably the second thing plummet income taxes, even if you still have to keep this absurd progressive income tax where you tax the rich very aggressively, even though most of them at the highest levels end up getting their tax burden reduced a lot. If you could, if you could bring down income taxes on the middle class and the upper middle class or upper middle class like as much as possible, that would help a lot. So those would be the things that I would prescribe to deal with some of this gentleman's very over the top gripes against me, which I don't even know why he was mad. I'm just I'm literally just analyzing and saying, like, I don't think that we're going to have enough people to fill these jobs, and I'm guessing that many of these jobs are going to be filled by robots and automation. And guess what, I'm probably going to be right, because that's already happening. Like, you already have robots and automation taking a lot of industrial labor across the rest of the world. The reason we don't pay attention to it is because we've already outsourced most of our industry to the rest of the world. But once it's brought back here, a lot of it's going to be done by robots. That's just true. Now, all that being said, I think that it would be good if we could produce more physical goods here so that we aren't as reliant on the rest of the world. I think that would be good. That doesn't mean that I support everything that Trump does to make that come to pass. I think that the primary reason that we have we have ultimately outsourced so much of our labor in our production is simply because our standard of living is much higher and people aren't willing to work for as little as the rest of the world, and therefore you can produce these items cheaper elsewhere, so corporations do.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Trump says to himself, Okay, well we're going to apply tariffs to make it so it's an even playing field. Well, it's not really making it eat and even now, is it. It's actually tilting it towards America, which is fine. He's the president of the United States and he ought to favor America. But the ultimate outcome, like what really matters here is does it actually increase the standard of living for Americans? Does it actually alleviate all of those gripes that the gentleman had that lit me on fire. Does it actually allow for you not to be using Uber eats and for you not to be a Barisa for the rest of your life and paying twenty two percent on credit to buyer uber it's on debt. What else? Does it allow your children or you for that matter, to buy a home. Do his policies create that future? Does it bring us back to nineteen sixty five or whatever I'm arguing now? I don't think it will. Now that does not mean that it won't have some positive results. It undoubtedly will. I mean, as I said earlier, what he's doing is such a change to the function, like to how things have been. It's such a just the status quo is being obliterated by these policies. So it's going to change a lot, and some of the changes will be good some but on net I'm not so sure. And this is another thing that I think both Republicans right now are getting wrong and libertarians almost always get wrong, is that they don't think about how the electorate is going to respond to what you're doing. Now, let me explain. I think that there is a chance that Trump's policies, if given a decade, could actually really change things for the better. Let me go into further detail and explain this further, because it's necessary if you actually do what he's what he's claiming he's going to do, and you increase these tariffs and you basically you have this full on trade war with the rest of the world, and you stay the course and you finally get it to like calm down and let things start to settle and corporations start to settle and acclimate to the tariffs structure and taxation structure and everything else, and train up the local labor force to take some of these jobs, to build up robots and automation to take some of these jobs, or to fill some of these some of this demand. And you allow for that to all play out over years, four or five years from now, you might be to a point of oh and sorry. The biggest key is because of the tariff and the revenues that you're creating, you then just bury the income tax. You take it from thirty five percent down to ten or fifteen percent. Okay, now we're talking. Now. The GOP may be re elected, now beloved, third presidential term may be a possibility. I'm not coming on that, by the way, I don't support it. But in the interim, what he's doing is going to create so much tumult I mean, it's going to be so chaotic that I think that there's a real chance that you never see that, that you lose in the mid terms, then you have a Democrat majority. They fucking constantly thrown up even more roadblocks than they already are, even though they're in the minority. You already tonight, you already had some of the tariffs against Canada got overturned by the Senate because Rand Paul a bunch of handful of other Republican senators cross the aisle and voted against the tariffs on Canada. What I'm saying is, if you can't convince the American people that this is not going to be a quick fix, this is going to suck for a couple of years. But if you stick with me, here's my vision, here's where we're going. Give me five years. And he's only got a four year presidential turn, so that's kind of a hard sell. But you know what I'm saying, Like it's going to take a long time. It might take longer than five years, honestly, Like this transition could take ten. Especially with AI and automation all coming online and robots all coming lines online simultaneously, it's going to be such upheaval for people. I think that his framework might be able to work if you had a decade, but you don't. And if this is as painful as I think it can be or could be near term, you're definitely not going to be able to implement this. And JD Vance in twenty eight doesn't have a shot and then you end up with Gavin Newsom with VPAOC. Like, this is what I'm talking about that libertarians get wrong. It's like we're so accustomed to never having political power that we just like we just prescribe things based off of our principles and don't consider the fact that like, oh, yeah, but you'd be well I'm not saying all of you, but some of you. You just don't consider the fact that, like, you're never going to be able to implement this, and you're going to be thrown out office immediately. If not assassinated, it's not gonna happen. Dude, Like, would you like to end the Federal Reserve? Yeah, me too. Well, if you were to end it overnight, you would plummet, plummet the economy into a depression the likes of what you've never seen before, and you would be voted out and people would never vote for you again. Now that's assuming that you actually survive long enough to end the Federal Reserve, which you probably wouldn't. But this is what I'm saying, is like you have to think about practicality. Can I actually accomplish this or can't I? And I think that's I guess That's what I'm trying to appeal to Trump voters to consider, is do you think that if I'm right, that these tariffs actually add to the prices rising domestically because some of the goods we're not going to be able to replace domestically, or we're going to still continue to buy imported goods and we're going to end up paying those tariffs, which means that you end up paying more out of pocket, so you feel as if you're more poorer. Now, if you're one of the people that gets an industrial job twelve months from now and you're making one hundred and twenty k a year, you may be like, yeah, my life's better and this is all good, But how many voters are actually going to end up benefiting short term, near term as a consequence of trumps policies. It's not going to be everybody, It's not going to be half of people. It's going to be a fraction of the population. Basically, what I'm trying to explain is I think, honestly that near term this is going to create so much pain that it's going to make it almost impossible for the GOP to prevail moving forward, and as a consequence, the lunatics get back in power, and I don't want to see that. So I'm reaching out out of love to explain why I think this may be a problem. Now, let me say, I do hope that I'm wrong, and I do hope that Trump's bomb bass negotiating style is ultimately going to settle in the land of the Seine where Yeah, I talked crazy shit to Canada and then the Senate shot me down, and now we're just we're mutually lowering our tariffs and now the market's free and the Clint Russells of the world get their wish toada. I think that'd be fantastic, And maybe that's how this all plays out ultimately, that all of these threats of tariffs get Mexico to treat us better and Canada to treat us more fairly, and many other countries do the same, and ultimately there's a net reduction in tariffs on global trade and ultimately an increase on net in free market trade. All good, then I think the economy could blossom. If you do that while simultaneously lowering income taxes and lowering the regulatory bodies, you could actually turn this economy back on quite a bit, especially if you get rid of ESG and DEI and you start to actually bring back in all of these abandoned young men into the workforce. And by the way, ladies, this is not hate that I'm not talking about you. I'm just saying that for the past fifteen years, men have been alienated in a way that you have not been. Can we agree on that? I hope we can agree on that. So that's the reason I'm speaking to the concerns of young men right now. And that's why I think that it's going to be really interesting to see. It's going to be really interesting to see. And just to circle back to that very angry response that I got, I understand the anger. I feel the anger myself. I'm mad as hell that the economy does not work well at all. I had to shut down my fuck and million dollar company as a consequence of the government. I am more upset than you. Probably I'm very fucking pissed too, Okay, so you know in the Oppression Olympics, I'm right there with you, Bud, I'm just as pissed. But it just doesn't change reality, Like it doesn't change how economics work, like how I feel about this is secondary to what his policies will create. It's not enough to just be a revolutionary. You have to have an ideas that match the revolution and create a better future. If you just roll forward with your passion and you light everything on fire with no plans on how to rebuild, well, then you're just a chaos agent. You're not actually a reformer or a revolutionary that leads to a brighter tomorrow. You're a revolutionary that leads to ashes, like most Marxist revolutionaries have throughout him history, in fact, basically all of them. So I guess that's my main appeal to you guys, is that I hope that you'll think this through. Despite all of the genuine inks that you're dealing with and I share, try and be rational in your analysis as to how this plays out and what creates the best future not just for you in two to four to five years, but for your grandkids and your prog need there after.
Speaker 4: Coming days. There will be complaints from the globalists and the outsources and special interests and the fake news always fake news, will always complain, But never forget. Every prediction our opponent's made about trade for the last thirty years has been proven totally wrong. They were wrong about NAFTA, they were wrong about China. They were wrong about the Transpecific Partnership, which would have been a disaster. If I didn't terminate it. If I didn't turn that terminate that United Auto Workers, you would have had no oh jobs in this country. You would have had no jobs. I was all going to other countries in my first term. They said tariffs would crash the economy. Instead we built the greatest economy in the history of the world. And again, I have great respect for presidency of China, great respect for China. But they were taking tremendous advantage of them of us, and I commend them for that. I say, hey, if you can get away with it, that's okay. But you know, they understand exactly what's happening, and they probably most of them are saying it's about time they did something. But and they're gonna fight, and they're gonna fight for everyone's gonna fight. You know. It's like I say to the leaders, look, you got to take care of your country, but we have to start taking care of our country now. We can't do what we've been doing for the last fifty years.
Speaker 2: So Trump's as I've said many times, Trump's sales pitch sounds very reasonable. They've been taking advantage of us. I'm ending it. That's all there is to it. Not exactly what he's doing. Given that the tariffs are not reciprocal tariffs, they're based off of trade deficits. That's a little different. Here's the other thing, and this is something that's a little bit wonky, So stick with me on this, especially if you're not ensconced in Austrian economics. But the trade deficits are a product of us being the reserve currency of the world, that they they take our dollars, we take their goods like that's how it works. And then as a consequence of that, the US dollar has become the global reserve currency that so many central banks and corporations all throughout the world use the US dollar to settle their trade agreements. And that has been to our benefit because it has allowed us, well, in this one arena, it's been to our benefit. It has allowed us to live way above our means and borrow way more. I'm talking from the governmental level, not from the personal level. It's been to our destruction largely, but from the governmental level, it has allowed them to spend and borrow and print and do all sorts of insane fucking shit that has made us feel rich while we were buried in debt on net. Not a good thing for the people, but for the government. Like, if you lose that ability, which this trade war does have the capacity to do, I want to be very clear about that, it could, well, then we're in for a lot of trouble. And that's what brings me to kind of the more theoretical conspiracy theorizing, you know, part of the show. And it makes me wonder, honestly, if Trump is is, if he's circling away from the dollar, if like they've been talking about doing stable coins, and I'll just be honest with you, I don't understand it enough. I need to bring on I don't know, Guy Swann or somebody to talk this through. But it does make me wonder if they're going to try and get away from the US dollar in some way replace it. I don't know how if Jubilee wipe out the national debt, I don't know what the fuck they're thinking, But you have to maintain I think you have to maintain trade deficits so that there's enough US dollars throughout the rest of the world by which they can settle their uh, you know, their their deals. And if you don't do that, I just think that they're going to have to start to trade in a different currency, in which case you lose that ability to borrow in print and spend into oblivion like you have been. And I guess maybe that that process is coming to its its natural end anyways, because we're thirty six, thirty seven, you know, trillion in debt, We're already paying more than a trillion in interest, and maybe Trump's economic advisors are saying, look, this house of cars is over anyways, and we've got to we've got to rip the band aid off and it can either happen naturally or we can try and do it on our own. Sorry. As you can tell, I'm thinking this through as I talk about it, but as I do with the show, to be honest, But I just think it's a really it's a really interesting, you know question that we should all be asking ourselves, like what is the real game plan here? Like there's big, big changes happening. I mean, for instance, Elon, you know, Elon kind of has this huge one eighty politically goes hardcore Democrat, becomes Republican aka you know the dark Maga. The biggest Trump supporter on the planet. Well, he is actively creating these, you know, unbelievable robots through I don't know if it's I don't know if it's Tesla, I don't know what one of his companies, one of his four you know, Fortune five hundred companies. He's creating these really amazing, like lifelog lifelike robots that are uh. He thinks there's gonna be hundreds of thousands of them in a couple of years, millions of them in a decade, and basically it's going to replace so much of the labor force. And I'm like, I'm just thinking to myself, like, if I want to put on my very black pilled I hate everybody and everybody's out to get me, hat, I can do that. And He's just thinking like, yeah, well, I'm gonna get in bed with Trump because I'm going to ultimately like, yes, we're gonna bring back industry domestically, but we're not gonna actually give those jobs to Trump supporters. We're gonna basically just replace industry domestically with these robots which I'm producing to the tune of you know, billions and billions of dollars into my pockets. It's possible. I'm just saying it's very possible. You know. There's just a lot of a lot of weirdness here, a lot of a lot of things that you gotta you gotta really think deeply about, like what what is the actual what is the actual game plan here? Like where is this really headed? Setting aside all of the advertising spin and I'm just here to look out for the little guy, like like Batia tried to do. It's like you're getting the Panama Canal for Black Rock. Spare me that this is for the little guy. It's the biggest corporation ever. Oh god, it's just very dangerous. And anyways, now that I'm done black pilling for a second, I want to address something because I got into a big, you know, ex spat with Michael Tracy, who is a perennially disheveled gentlemen never looks as if he's seen a shower in his life. And yes, I'm starting off with ad hominem because I he came at me sideways and I have no idea why er I'll pull it up. I really don't even understand what this guy's beef is with me, to be honest, but this is what he had to say. So I posted this yesterday because there's been a lot of crazy Israel stuff and you know, crazy war drum beating when it comes to Iran. I said, yes, I voted for Trump. No, I will not support Lindsey Graham. Trump endorsed Lindsey Graham and Randy Fine. I said, no, I will not support Lindsey Graham, Randy Fine, hate speech laws for Aziel or or with Iran. None of you have to support shitty ideas just because Trump told you to. And I think that my reasoning for having said that is fairly obvious, right. It's like, I'm just trying to basically give voice to not the voiceless, but the Trump supporters that disagree with some of the nonsense, that are in fact opposed to another war in the Middle East, which I know, my opinion, way more than half of Trump supporters are totally adamantly opposed to another war in the Middle East. So I don't think I'm talking out of school here. But it's like, if you saw these endorsements for Randy Fine, who's this fucking bloodthirsty psychopath who just run who just won his congressional seat in central Florida. This guy fucking sucks. But as a consequence of that win, you've got every other MAGA influencer, not other, just every mega influencer saying, fucking Democrats spent ten million dollars trying to win this house race in Florida and they got beat by ten points, and blah blah blah, and they're all just celebrating, totally, totally ignoring the fact that Randy Fine fucking is a psychopath, like a legitimate psychopath. He's got these other tweets where he's celebrating the death and destruction of the Palestinians, saying, basically, I want to see the streets of Gaza overflow with blood, like he's a fucking blood soaked psychopath for real, just dark, dark human being. I just wanted to as someone who did vote for Trump, I just wanted to like let people know, yeah, it's okay to vote for fucking Trump and to still support Trump and to say I don't agree with some of these endorsements and know the fuck we are not fighting a war for Israel against Iran. We're not gonna do it. So Michael Tracy responds, He says, quote, he's Matt. You know, he's quoting me to joke about or to clown on me. He says, Yes, I voted for Trump, but I don't support the core initiatives of his administration. I'm somehow not embarrassed by this, which I found very funny and I immediately lit him on fire. But that's setting that aside. Those aren't the core initiatives. Okay, like you can you can pretend as if Trump campaigned on starting a war with Iran, but he didn't. Yeah, he said some off the cuff remarks that definitely gave me pause when it came to Iran. I'm not gonna lie about that. But he also said I want the best thing, you know, best thing for the Iranians, and I want peace. I'm the president of peace. He would say that too, and he would say I'm going to negotiate peace for you know, with Russia in Ukraine. That was that was the primary message. He was saying, I don't want to continue I don't want to see people keep dying. How many times do you say that on campaign trail. So to say that, you know, Lindsey Graham and Randy Fine and going to war with Iran are the primary tenants of his campaign is just a lie. Michael, You lying, disheveled son of a gun. You what are you talking about.
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I just want to be very clear, and you can actually go back and watch this, and I would encourage you to do so. When I think that I titled it something like why I'm voting, Why I'm voting for Donald Trump. I did it the week before the election, and I explained very explicitly that my biggest concern about Donald Trump's second presidency was the inordinate amount of campaign donations that he receives from Israel, his relationship with Israel broadly, and whether or not he would actually go to that level of starting war with Iran. I said it explicitly. I said that was the biggest danger in voting for Donald Trump. But given the binary nature of our elections, I also said that we are on the precipice of World War three against the largest nuclear power on Earth in Russia. Trump is campaigning on negotiating peace, while Kamala Harris is campaigning on the exact same policy of no communications with the largest nuclear power on Earth while we ramp up a proxy war on their southern border. Not to mention, on top of that, she was also campaigning on the continuation of DEI and race, Marxism, and essentially everything that sucks. There was one percent, maybe of her campaign promises that I agree with, and I'm being gracious, probably closer to zero percent. I hated everything that she had to say, and I hate everything about the Democrats, and I like about sixty percent of what Trump has to say, just being honest. So I came to the conclusion, yes, sometimes the lesser of two evils in an existential moment is better. And I voted for Trump. And obviously the connotations that are the insinuation that mister Tracy is making towards me is that I ought to be ashamed of it, and I just wanted to be very clear. I'm not. I'm absolutely not. And there's a lot of anarchists and a lot of libertarians that are still fucking furious with me for voting for Trump. Sorry, I'm not sorry. I'm still not sorry. Now. I will say this just to give you your due. If if he drives us into a depression, and starts a war against Iran or a wider war, World War three. Well, then you get to have your victory lap where you go Haha, Clint was so stupid. Hey, you voted for this, Well we all die in a nuclear fucking fireball. Congrats to you. You get to be right in that moment. Until then, though, I'm gonna let this thing play out. And yes, i still believe that Trump was the better option available. And yes, I'm still thrilled with much of what he's done. The USAID funding freeze and then shut down and then ninety percent headcount cut and then merging the rest of them into the State Department is a big step in the right direction. And by the way, mister Tracy, he didn't campaign on that. That just happened, And that was fucking like a wish list item that I didn't even know was a possibility. So I'm very happy about that. Yes, he freed Ross Albert. Yes he's an ending the Department of Education. Things that I would have never imagined that i'd see in my lifetime, they happened. I'm thrilled about that. Okay. Also, Bobby Kennedy today, despite all of my concerns and his weird allegiance to Israel fired some somewhere in the neighborhood of ten or twenty thousand employees from HHS today. Fucking awesome. This is fantastic. That's so good. So what I have seen from Trump's second term as of now, in terms of positives, is the biggest cut in the administrative state in my lifetime. And it's not close. So do I regret that? Should I be ashamed of it? No, and fuck you for thinking that I should. I'm thrilled it's it is. I mean, if you just look at the good, it is so much better than any fucking presidency in my lifetime. It's not even close. So no, I don't regret it now. That is not to say that the good can't be outweighed by the bad if he goes to war with Iran and China gets involved and Russia gets involve and we end up in a fucking huge war. Yeah, dude, I fucking made a huge mistake. I picked the wrong guy. But at the same time, it could have happened under Kamala. Let's not be fucking ridiculous here. Of course it could have happened with her. So what whatever, like I'm just so tired of the fucking the purity spiraling. I really really am, especially because it's just it's just so obvious to me that what We've seen in the first one hundred days of Trump's presidency have been the best things I've ever seen in the first hundred days of a presidency ever. It has been the best by far. And maybe it gets a lot better. Maybe Cash Mattel and Dan Bongino actually fucking go out for the Epstein people, and maybe we actually get the real deal truth about the JFK and RFK and MLK stuff. Maybe I don't know those are all TBD, but justin the now, just in what we do know, Yeah, it's been fucking good, dude, It's been pretty fucking good. And if he ultimately replaces the income tax with the External Revenue Service as he continues to promise, that's a fucking huge win, huge huge win. Okay, none of that could happen, and maybe it won't, but if it doesn't, it was still the better of the two options. So to answer your question, mister Tracy and everybody that bombarded me with hate, no I don't regret it, and no I'm not ashamed and no, I don't care how you feel about it. I don't. I'm only addressing it publicly because I thought it'd be fun to, you know, tell you to fuck off. I'm sure I'm gonna pisslotter you off by saying this, But I don't care because that's how I feel. And I think I'm right. I think that if you actually analyze this in any sort of impartial fashion, it's very hard to say that I was wrong, that this wasn't the better of the two paths that we had in front of us. So we'll see. And if I end up being proven wrong, well then we all die anyways. So I don't know, man, I hope we don't. I really don't. And and just to be very clear, there's a chance that I got duped. And that's the whole plan. Like I just to put on my again black pailt about everything, Maximell, you know, Whitney Web conspiracizing, Like there's a real chance there is. She could be right that this is all you know, We're gonna bring in AI, We're gonna bring in robots, We're gonna replace the labor force. Then we're gonna bring in UBI to keep people you know, keep the useless eaters happy in full and then and then we're gonna bring in CBDCs, and then we're gonna go to war against Iran, create the Greater Israel project, and then we're gonna take over you know, Canada and Greenland and basically implement the NWL. You know, I can I can do this. I can do it when he does, like sure, it's all possible. It's all possible. I just choose to be optimistic, and I choose to use what little influence I have to try and course correct and to try and galvanize what I know exists, which is a genuine anti war spirit that exists amongst MAGA and Maha for that matter, to try and get these fucking scumbag politicians to do our bidding. That's the only power we have, Folks. Once you cast a vote for him, or if you don't cast to vote for him, doesn't really matter. The only power you have at this junction is your voice is to say I don't like this, I do like that, And that's all I do every day. That's my old job. At this point, I go, that's good, this sucks, and then it goes viral. One way or the other, and believe it or not, a lot of the shit that we say on the Internet, especially when it creates trends, it does change their policy making. I've seen it happen in real time. They have proposed stuff and then backed off. They've delivered things that they didn't plan on delivering because we were so pissed about X, Y or Z like this. This White House absolutely does listen to the Internet. It does, and Twitter in particular, Akax, I don't make the rules. I'm just telling you the truth. We have real fucking influence over there, and I'm going to use it as best I can because guess what, when I was tweeting, Biden administration didn't give a fuck what I had to say. I apprompch you that. So yeah, I like having a little influence. And Dave's got the fucking phone number. Actually I do too. But don't tell anybody of Bobby Kennedy. For God's sakes, he's got a relationship with the guy and Donald Trump Junior and all these other people, and they all follow us and they see our shit go viral all the time. I'm just saying, like, if you think that I'm the problem, the guy who's spending all day every day going do not go to war with Iran. Don't fucking do it. Don't do it. This is everything you ran against. If you fucking do this, your legacy is garbage. You are done for and midterms are done. Vance is done. The entire GOP's done. Like that's the that's the fucking bell im ringing. And if you hear me doing that and your first thought is, see, you fucking idiot. You shouldn't have voted for him as opposed to Hey, thanks Clint for trying to keep us out of World War three. I don't know what your fucking goals are here, Like, I'm trying. What else can I do here? There's we're pretty fucking powerless, but we got like this as much power and I'm trying, man, I'm trying. So for those that appreciate it, and I know there's many of you out there, thank you. And for those that would rather you know, purity spiral and dunk on me, fuck your mother. Okay, what a fun way to end an episode. Anyways, If you enjoyed this, uh, hit the like button, subscribe, share it around, and most importantly, no, second most important, second most important, is go to x and at Liberty lock Pod subscribe. I'll follow you back. It's the best way to support the show, Liberty Lockdown to locals dot com.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: The real best way though, as I've said before, pick up your kid, your grandparents, your mother, your father, your friend, your wife, your husband's phone right now and go to their podcast and subscribe to Liberty Lockdown. Don't say a fucking word, but make sure it has auto update, and then put their phone back down. Don't tell them anything, and then when they start to sound like a libertarian or some lunatic, then you'll know that it's worked. And that's the best way to about the show. I want to see if this works. It'll be so funny if I start to have people in the comments going, like, my wife just put your fucking your podcast in my phone one day and now I listen to every episode and now I'm a bass savage. That'd be cool. It'll happen, It'll work. I have a feeling this is the long con on con to success.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: By the way, very upset with the guy who's saying this YouTube grift dude, do you know how much money I make from YouTube? Like four hundred bucks a month. Calm the fuck down. If you think I would grift my way into four hundred dollars a month, Jesus Christ, I'm a way more expensive prostitute than that, you scum back all right, love you guys, Base, Welcome to liberty lockdown. Let's gonna get black hole you Liberty ain't come. But yeah, it's alcohol. It's whetty to come from. And where did he