Speaker 1: Something you should go time now for something you should know, brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard Genesis Gold Group, the only IRA back by physical Gold and Silver. Learn more get a free Gold and Silver guide at genesisgoldira dot com.
Speaker 2: In the studio, I've got a guest, Bubba. How you doing, man, I'm good John, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to chat with you here. We've been visiting quite a bit before doing the program here. And you're a cool dude. You got a lot of fun stuff that you're working on. You got I wish I had your energy. Man, I'm an old guy. He's a young buck. He's out there doing all kinds of stuff. You've got a ribbon cutting today we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are officially joining the Greater Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce and they have been gracious enough to give us a little bit of coverage with a great ribbon cutting ceremony and an introduction. Hi, Hello, from the Scene and from DBS Entertainment to the Sioux Falls area.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about those two different things. Because the Scene is a podcast and it's a program, a whole network of things. So let's talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: It really is. So we really the Scene Projects is meant to be a community more than anything. We're a community of content creators, not unlike yourself, John, So we're exactly why we get along so well. What we're trying to do is just empower other creators to kind of enter into the you know, the broadcasting world and using the podcast format to do that. So really just trying to get as many people into the community, artists, comedians, songwriters mostly and that's kind of the seed we say, is our songwriter showcase. So we'll be a host right now, that's just me, but a host with a songwriter on stage, a little get to know you and then play in some of your songs, we hit record, we capture the whole night, and then we post it on the backside on our programming every week and using that to not only drive awareness for our songwriters and things, but to really just help get the word out there about some of these amazing venues that are out across the Midwest as well.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and again the ribbon cutting is today. What time does it start?
Speaker 2: It starts at eleven thirty am. That'll be at Startup Sioux Falls right here in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Speaker 1: That's right down by the Levitt. And you've been involved in several things down here this summer.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, I have. We actually did a music maker mixer series at Startup with the Levitt Sioux Falls, and then we opened for Armchair Boogie this year at the Levitt on the stage. And yeah, they're right in the same parking lot. They're both doing a ton of stuff to help not just musicians, but entrepreneurs and people that are starting their own businesses and Startupsoux Falls has been a great incubator for myself because it gives me an office space in downtown Sioux Falls. As you know, I live kind of you know, out in farm country an hour or more outside of Sioux Falls. But this is the area where the people are and where my so To have an office space for fifty dollars a month that has all of the amenities built into it incredibly valuable to me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Now today is the ribbon cutting, but tomorrow, if people want to party, tomorrow is a good chance for that. Let's talk about what you have going on Saturday. Night.
Speaker 2: Well, what we have Saturday night is our big introduction into the concert promotion world here in Sioux Falls. Our friends from Oregon Free Creatures are coming and playing at the Den, which is at nine oh nine West Avenue. It's out there by the Denny Sandford Premiere Center, which I know you're familiar with because you are just there, Yeah, watching some rock and roll legends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a chance to see The Sticks and Foreigner and John Waite and then you were performing before and after that at the Den.
Speaker 2: I did. So that's what the Den is becoming known for is kind of your pregame and post game for these big shows that are at the Denny. And I really enjoy being in that environment because it's just everybody's having a good time, right And yeah, there's four hours to kill in there where everybody's at the show and you're hanging out waiting. But I think it was really fun and everybody coming back and coming through and just being able to have a real good time with everybody for that last ninety minutes of the evening was really a blessing. And I think that's going to be a while. It's going to be a big part of what the Den is I think we're really capable of doing a lot more at this venue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you've got to show there tomorrow night so people can see that Saturday night. But then, is this something you do every Thursday? The songwriter of it?
Speaker 2: The songwriter showcases every Thursday, it'll also be at the Den. So we're really putting in deep roots here at this venue. It's an older building, right, It's been there for a little while under a couple of different names, but they have a great space. They built an amazing stage, a killer sound system, and we just want to help get the word out about it and get more and more people into the building. So that's the Den at nine oh nine West Avenue, right here in Sioux Falls, and let us be live music headquarters.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's cool and I've been there a few times and again excited for tomorrow night. I think that's gonna be a lot of fun. And then every Thursday, what time does a songwriter events start? On Thursday?
Speaker 2: We're going to start the songwriter events at seven pm. And right now it's just an hour long show, but we're entertaining the idea of maybe having more than one songwriter a night. And lengthening the show a little bit so we can make a whole evening out of it.
Speaker 1: That's very cool. If people would like to hear the program that you do, because again you're recording podcasts. If they would like to hear that, where do they go to find that? Right now?
Speaker 2: Bubba, Well, you can find us on Spotify under the Scene Projects. You can also find us on the Starts and Ends website, Starts and Ends dot com, slash the Scene Projects, but really just on all your social media YouTube the Scene Projects is really just search that and you should find us relatively quickly.
Speaker 1: And coming soon to suit fallspodcast dot com.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: That's something that he and I have been chatting about and working together, and he's my kind of crazy, so I think that's going to work really well. So I appreciate all that you're doing. I think it's great the energy you bring to this, And congrats on the ribbon cutting today and all of the fun stuff coming up.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much. John. We really appreciate you, and what we do wasn't really possible and isn't possible without guys like yourself kind of paving the way for all of this. So thank you so much for what you've done for us and continue to do for our scene here in Sue Falls and abroad across the Midwest.
Speaker 1: Absolutely get out. Check him out tomorrow night and again every Thursday at the den. He had the address memorize. I'm going to read it off the page, nine oh nine north West Avenue and Sue Falls is up by the bird Cage in that whole area. Check all that out again every Thursday night at seven pm. And again they're there tomorrow night with a big party. And that is something you should know.
Speaker 2: Something you should know.
Speaker 1: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com