Speaker 1: This is pod Popular Podcast for the People, The.
Speaker 2: Great Love Debate. It's the Great Love Debate, the Great Love Debate. It's a Great Love Debase. Hi, get everyone's Brian Howie. Welcome to the Great Love Debate, the world's number one dating and relationship podcast since twenty and fifteen. I am here in the very fine studios of Pod Popular Podcasts for the People. I am at the one in Scottsdale, Arizona. But I'm gonna take you guys on a trip. I just said, this is the number one dating relationship podcast since twenty fifteen. Somebody asked me the other day, which is the favorite episode of this podcast I have ever done? Which one? If you had to put one in the in the time capsule holds up? And some people would be like, oh, that's like picking your favorite child. I'm not a parent. I think you can pick your favorite child. I think everybody has a favorite child and they just don't want to admit it. But this episode goes back five years. To go listen to it to see if it holds up. It's very relevant now because I did an episode a couple of weeks ago about how lousy everybody has become at interacting on dates and how that just drove me nuts that nobody else had a face to face. So this episode was done pre COVID, before we lost our minds. This was done in twenty nineteen. I had as my compadre on this show the person who is probably more responsible for this show being successful than anybody else, my producer, the two time Emmy Award winning Keko, and we sat down and we gave you a little glimpse of what we believe is the key ingredients to dating success. So I'm going to revisit this now. You can call this cheating, you can call us a rerun. I'm saying that this is content that is relevant today. We're resurfacing it, we're repurposing it, and we are bringing to you now. So in joy, Hi again it once Brian How. We welcome to the Great Love Debate, the world's number one dating and ladyship podcast since twenty fifteen, with me not as always, but as preferred, the two time Emmy Award winning Kko. Hey, and she may regret being with me this time. We will get to in a minute. So I met up with an old friend of mine about a week ago, Sarah Gore she's a TV personality. She covers a lot of things. She hosts a couple of TV shows around the country, and she's been on this podcast before. She did the podcast with me that we did from the Carlisle Hotel about a year ago, so go check that out if you want. Anyway, I asked her how her marriage was going, and she said great, and that's always lovely to hear, and I was very happy for her. And I asked her what was great about it, because too many times I hear it's going okay, or we like the kids, and I never really got a good answer, but she gave me a great and she explained that her husband is a documentarian, which means to her and to me that he is always curious. And we talk about curiosity on this podcast all the time. Is it's a really really important thing, and so every day it feels to her like he is making a documentary about her, which doesn't mean that he's like popping a camera on her when she's doing her makeup. It just means that he's trying to figure her out and learning her and learning about her and asking things of her. And I thought that was a really good thing for her. And a good thing for their marriage and a good quality to have. And as we have said many many times on this podcast, we've even done a couple episodes on it, curiosity is not only an attractive quality, it's a really valuable quality. I ask questions for a living, Keiko asks questions for a living. We really value learning people, and Keko will ask a question of anybody in the world. I value learning people, certain people a little bit less than Cakeo, but she really will ask a question from luber driver guy at the fruit stand, president of the United States. She will ask anything of anybody. So we really value learning people and trying to unravel the layers that make people tick and make people think, and make people live and ultimately make people love. So first and foremost in this podcast, we are in the curiosity business. That's what drives us, that is the unifying factor in all aspects of the Great Love debate. And secondly, we are in the conversation business, and a conversation that has no end, that anyone can participate in and all are welcome and all have a place. And third we are in the opinion business because opinions matter, because opinions are passionate and opinions are personal, and opinions park conversation and debate and discussion and depth, and all of that flows from opinion, which flows from conversation, which flows from curiosity. But fourth, and we have been dragged a bit grudgingly into this at the Great Love Debate over the last few years, we are in the advice business, and sometimes that means killing bad advice, and there's a lot of bad advice out there, and sometimes that means giving fresh advice and better advice and more practical advice, and advice that comes from curiosity and the conversation and the opinions and the feelings and the experiences of the literally tens of thousands of people who've been a part of the Great Love Debate over the last six years and the more than twenty years I've been producing content about the male and female dynamic, and over the I don't know how many years Keiko has been asking questions of people. So some of that has trickled into the fact that we have some things to say, and we have some questions to ask, and we have some information to give. So the reason thing that triggered this for me was not just my conversation with Sarah. It was every once in a while, meaning hourly, somebody will send me a article, or somebody will send me a YouTube video, or somebody will send me a meme or a blog about something that has to do with the love and the search for love and blah blah blah. And the thing that has been sent to me the most where it says what do you think of this over the last few years, has been this thing. It was initially in the New York Times and it was article called the thirty six Questions that lead to Love? Kako, have you ever seen that thing? It's center on the thirty six to six questions that lead to love, and the premise behind it is, if you ask these thirty six questions, you're gonna get somewhere in your relationship or love is gonna spark. And you know what, they don't lead to anything. These questions suck. They lead to stress, and they lead to second thoughts, and they lead to lying, and they lead to insecurity because the answer to these questions aren't about how I feel about them, It's about how you feel about them. And there's judgment in them, and there is no confidence in them. And the question claim that they're going to make the other person more vulnerable, but what they're actually doing is making themselves more guarded because they they aren't confident and that these are the right answers, both in terms of how they feel about it, because they're too complex in the terms of how you receive it, because you're getting graded on how good your answers are. So like, for example, if you are on a first date or a fifth date, or five months down the road and somebody asked you, uh, some of these questions like like I'm gonna I'm gonna pull up one of the questions off of this, and again I'm always one who hates the dinner guest choices and the where's the place you want to travel? Because I think you're being judged on your on your answer. So if somebody asked you, do you have a secret hunch about how will you how you will die? I don't think that's a good thing to think about. I don't think it's a good question. I don't think it's loving. I think you're gonna really And that's that's one of these thirty six questions. Another one name three things you and your partner appear to have in common appear for my purporne up here from your point of view, like, that's not a good question. That's going to lead to to if a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, what would you want to know? I don't want that. That's not fun, it's not playful, it's not romantic. These questions are going to lead to walls going up. So I cannot believe that the traction that this got. I can't believe people were printing this out and going on dates and asking the people. And it's absolutely terrible. And it came out of the Modern Love our blog pod whatever the whole Modern Love world is in the New York Times, New York Times, and I hate it. So I have been working on this for a couple of years now, which is my my retort to this, My response, and what came out of this is what I call can I have Little fanfair please? The twenty three questions that matter? And these are the twenty quist any three questions that matter because they're going to drive curiosity, they're going to drive personality, they're going to drive vulnerability, they're going to drive creativity, and most importantly, they're going to drive fun between you and you want. Questions that lead to love start with a spark, and a spark leads to banter, and a banter leads to chemistry, and chemistry leads to love. You got that. I'm tying a lot of threads together here, Okay, right, So I came up with these questions, and these questions are designed. If somebody does not want to answer these questions or they don't feel comfortable answering these questions, then you don't want to date this person. Okay, there's not a person you want to date. So I had to think, who is the most private person? I know, who's the most reserved person? I know, who's the person who really doesn't want to show her cards in any way? And I thought, I'm going to try out these questions for the benefit of our vast great love debate audience and ask these questions and won't behold that person is the two time Emmy Award winning kaka.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. So is that how I ended up in the seat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how you ended up in the seat too. You're like, are we having a guest? No, we are not, so Keiko, here's the deal. So I'm gonna ask you all twenty three questions. Okay, you have to answer twenty of them, I mean three times, and you don't have to. If you don't want three times, you can pass, okay, either because you don't have anything coming off the top of your head or because you don't feel comfortable answering it. Is that fair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair, okay.
Speaker 2: And I think these twenty three questions are not only better than the thirty six dopey questions in that thing, these twenty three questions, whatever the answers are out of them, if you go through the exercise of asking these questions of your date or your partner or even your fiance, you're going to get closer to them. You're gonna have a spark to them. You're gonna banner, and you're gonna have a really, really good time. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Nice? Okay, I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay. Question one, what do you want in your omelet? Cheese?
Speaker 1: Lots of cheese.
Speaker 2: That's it. You get three ingreded and send the extra one is a dollar.
Speaker 1: Fifty cheese cheese, and I'm happy to pay another dollar fifty for even more cheese. So you just want you I just want cheese, cheese, omelet.
Speaker 2: No judgments, So just no vegetables, no mushrooms.
Speaker 1: No, just cheese.
Speaker 2: You only want cheese your omelet. Interesting? See, I would have never known you could see. You could date somebody for years and not nod. Okay, what do you want your almet cheese? Question number two? I checked out at CVS and in my very very long receipt I got a voucher for a free candy What are you picking?
Speaker 1: The first one that comes to mind is a Snickers bar?
Speaker 2: Snickers? Yeah? Why do you don't make any apologies for the Snickers bar? Why Snickers? What do you like? Is there nugating Snickers?
Speaker 1: I love Snickers?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: I'm not even really sure what's in it, but it just seems like it has a lot of variety in it, and I like variety. It's got chocolate, it's got caramel, it's got peanuts.
Speaker 2: Had a nugat in it? Would you know what nugat is?
Speaker 1: Is that that the gluey stick white stuff?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's only in candy bars. It's deliciously in candy I questions. That's not one of your twenty three questions. You only want cheese in your omelet, and you want snickers. Yeah, okay, number three and some aer harder than others. Okay, one thing you've never told anyone, but you're dying to tell someone, And now someone's going to be you know, one hundred thousand people listening to this podcast, So you might want to think about that. If you're confessing to a major crime. I've never told anyone, but you are dying to tell someone.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, let me think about that one. It's such an interesting question. I don't want to use one of my passes on this. Geez. I don't know that I have something I'm dying to tell somebody. I have no murders in my background, just to make that clear, right, Like, nothing that I feel like I need to confess to, or that I should confess to or whatever. What would I be dying to tell somebody? The first thing that comes to mind for me is some travel story. But since I talk about my travel stories all the time, I don't know that there's one left that I haven't already told.
Speaker 2: So did something happened on a travel that you've never told? But you, like, I really got to find the right person to tell this to. And it might be one hundred thousand podcast listeners. You can pass if you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I think, not because not because I'm I'm high.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a bad question.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a bad question. I just need some more, some more thoughts.
Speaker 2: Perhaps on a future podcast, she's going to think of it and reveal it. Yeah that was question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Question number four, I don't care if you sing karaoke, although you should, but if you were going to pick a song, what is it?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Okay, So I'm not really a singer as those.
Speaker 2: Who different skill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. It's just uh, let's see. I I heard actually a guy on on the street the other day on a doing a street karaoke of Desperado, and that's why it's coming to mind, Not because I love that song or not or anything, but I just heard it, and so that's what's that's what's triggering Desperado.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, if you would like to hear Keiko sing Desperado on a future podcast, justice an email, gay.
Speaker 1: You have to sing?
Speaker 2: No good choice. I don't like that. Okay. Question five, I've got the best marinera sauce. I'm gonna leave the pasta choice up to you. What kind of pasta are you bringing to my marin AA sauce? Spaghetti, just flat out spaghetti. I love spaghetti, the spaghetti thickness. Then, not the cappellini, not the digel.
Speaker 1: Hair, regular spaghetti, now the organic spaghetti, preferably imported from Italy.
Speaker 2: But definitely very simple, very high maintenance, in real fast act.
Speaker 1: I love spaghetti.
Speaker 2: So just gold fashioned spaghetti, fashion spaghetti, good no spaghetti. See reasonable. See I'm learning more about Keiko in these first five questions than I have ever learned about Keiko.
Speaker 1: I think that's true.
Speaker 2: Six. Okay, what crime could you most likely get away with?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, let's see here. What crime? Let me think about that. What what are my choices on crimes? I don't know, something like, uh, probably okay, this isn't really a crime. But uh something happened to do with confusing other people like I did no no, no, Like I I had to take a bus from one terminaara here. Maybe this is the last question. I had to take a bus from one airport to another airport in Thailand, and you couldn't actually do that unless you had a ticket that was leaving from the other airport, which I did not yet have fair evasion?
Speaker 2: Is that the scofflaw.
Speaker 1: I think that's the one you're most likely. Well, I did get away with that, Okay, I did very much.
Speaker 2: See if you ask somebody that and they just look at you and they go murder, you should probably break up with that person, or if they have something a little too detailed, break up. So that tells you a lot about about Keiko, very innocent person. Occasionally, she didn't pay her fare in Bangkok, but that's also kind of ballsy because you could risk doing a hard time like Broke Down Palace. I believe that movie was Bangkok. I think they smuggled drugs.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, no it was. It was wasn't anything that bad. All I did was just let the guy know I needed to go the other airport, and then I talked and laughed a lot, and you couldn't really is a master waved me on to get rid of me.
Speaker 2: I think, okay, fair evasion, fair her choice. I could ask a lot of people that I don't think that good for you. If I need you on the subway and we're gonna jump the turnstile, yeah, okay. Number seven what's your favorite condiment?
Speaker 1: Oh, mayonnaise?
Speaker 2: Wow, yes, boldly mayonnaise. Yes, me too. I'm I would be more embarrassed to say that than you because there's a whole lot of discrimination against mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not embarrassed to say it at all because the reason it's my favorite is that I make it into other things. So whether I now I'm particular about it, I will say, and I don't mind giving them a free advertiser, but Hellman's or Best Foods, mayonnaise is the only kind that I will actually eat much.
Speaker 2: It's weird that one company has two names it likes split me. Yeah, Hartis and Carls Junior are the same way.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that. Yeah, that's a business thing, so flat out maynaise, mayonnaise no, no, Yeah, I might mix something into it or you know whatever. But yeah, it's versatile and amazing.
Speaker 2: Good. See knowing you, I know you're a healthy eater and I know you're a vegetarian. So the fact that you said mayonnaise, I'm like, Oh, there's hope that she's going to eat that taste good, there's fat in there. Good. Okay, Number eight, I don't want to know your middle name. I want to know your middle name if you could choose it yourself.
Speaker 1: Hmm okay, ummm, let's see. Gosh, it's funny you should ask that because you know what, somebody actually gave me a middle name yesterday, because very precious. Do you know why in real life I don't have a middle name.
Speaker 2: That's a little dicey to go through life with no middle name, because when they're like sat like everybody sit down and fill up the little bubble, and you have to like, did you fake it or did you just know?
Speaker 1: When you don't have a middle name, your middle name is x X for yeah, for like legal reasons they need three three letters. X is always your middle name if you don't have one. So yeah, so I guess technically speaking, my middle name would be X.
Speaker 2: But okay, so what is the one you would choose that? Apparently you were just thinking about this yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody gave me one yesterday. I think it was something like Laurel I. It was real pretty, it almost said it was like lyrical and almost sounded.
Speaker 2: Like miracle would be a wonderful name.
Speaker 1: Preak goddess of some kind. It was yeah, pleasant, I like that pleasant. Could I have that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, okay, my middle name is pleasant.
Speaker 1: My middle name is pleasant.
Speaker 2: I love it. Okay, I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a two part question.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Valentine's Day or Halloween.
Speaker 1: Oh, Valentine's Day?
Speaker 2: Oh, no, thoughts about it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Whatsoever?
Speaker 2: Memorial Day weekend or Labor Day weekend?
Speaker 1: Memorial Day?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because I think it's a it's a calmer weekend. I think that people are are more thoughtful and it's more about family time and being together. For some reason, I think of Labor Day as being a drinking holiday.
Speaker 2: I don't know. See like I've heard Labor Day because it means summer's over and it's the start of fall. Oh okay, that's me. Memorial Day a lot of people means that it kicks off summer. It's good. So your Memorial Day, I'm Labor Day, you're Valentine's Day, and I'm probably Valentine's tattoo. Okay. Number ten, Would you like to see a dessert menu?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Bring it on over.
Speaker 2: Number eleven. If I went into your closet, how many hats do you own?
Speaker 1: I believe I have about ten?
Speaker 2: Ten hats. Yes, wow, the mad Hatter hats? Are they all? Are they baseball hats? Are they all kinds of hats?
Speaker 1: They're mostly they're baseball hats. Yeah. I have some knit caps that my niece made for me because she's a brilliant knitter. She's a fiber artist. But I also have baseball caps. I love caps.
Speaker 2: Okay, number twelve, give me either your best celebrity impression or say, I would like to order a hot chocolate please, in an accent other than your own. So you have a choice here.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Okay, let's see.
Speaker 2: So it's a celebrity. Okay, I would like to order a hot chocolate please and an accent other than your own.
Speaker 1: Um, okay, let's see. Uh do I should I tell you the celebrity first in case I'm not very good at it.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna guess it. So you're choosing the celebrity, all right, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, because you know, I don't really have that many friends, and I love my friends, but you know how it is when you're.
Speaker 2: Just Jennifer Aniston. Yes, secret Jennifer Aniston impression. Oh my god. I know people who do professional Jennifer Anison impression. So that's not good. That was exceptional.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: How often do you work on that?
Speaker 1: Not very often.
Speaker 2: I have an impression I call sex in the City.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, back in Miranda's it's every line of every episode of Sex in the City. Yeah, that's wow. You chose the harder of the two. If you're asking some of these questions and they pull out a secret Jennifer Aniston impression that you've never heard, you're going to be in love with that person. So don't you question my questions. Keiko's whole revaluing her whole life. She's going to be a Jennifer Aniston impression. Okay. Question number thirteen, which relative do you not want to be stuck next to a Thanksgiving dinner?
Speaker 1: Oh? Wow, that's uh, that's a really good one. Let me think about that.
Speaker 2: Pick one that doesn't listen.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, Okay. I have a very weird family, But not because I wouldn't want to sit next to them. The truth is because I really adore them. They're so wonderful. I would be so excited to sit next to any of any of them. I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds very boring.
Speaker 1: I know that sounds od.
Speaker 2: I'm putting that done as a pass. Okay, you can't lame answer.
Speaker 1: I know it's so lame, but but you know why. It's because most of my family lives on the East Coast. Yeah, and so I don't get to see them often enough. Maybe if I hung out with them, they would drive me crazy or something.
Speaker 2: But she want to sit next to your mother?
Speaker 1: But uh, yeah, that'd be all right. I don't I don't get to hang with her very much.
Speaker 2: So no, okay, answer. It tells me a little bit about your family. All awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good.
Speaker 2: But if a guy's dating you, they would be like, are you kidding me? I can't believe you sent me next to your uncle Lou. He's so terrible. No, oh no, no terrible. No.
Speaker 1: My family is so kind to everybody that comes to the house.
Speaker 2: There you go. Okay, Question fourteen. Yeah, would you rather have a fifty dollars bill or fifty ones?
Speaker 1: Fifty ones?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really? Why?
Speaker 1: I just think that people who use large bills or jerks.
Speaker 2: That tells me a whole lot about it. I see, I think I'd rather have a fifty dollars bill, probably because I'm a jerk, but mostly because I think that I'm less likely to spend the fifty as quickly. I think if I have fifty ones, they're going to go like confetti. If I have that fifty dollars bill because of people like you, I don't. I'm a reluctant to pull it out. People are going to mak change. I think it's gonna last longer. So I'm a little more frugal with my fifty dollars bill.
Speaker 1: That's very interesting. Well, you know, this is an interesting question because I wasn't thinking of it from that point of view at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't judge how you think about it. Mark, what's your answer you, Yeah, No.
Speaker 1: I like the I like the fifty ones because maybe for the opposite reason, because they're easy to spend, but because it's not a problem for other people. It's not a problem for a shopkeeper. If I have a one, I can get on a bus if I had, you know, I just think once I can give it to a homeless person.
Speaker 2: The ones I want to look at home say sorry, I've only got big bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I want to give.
Speaker 2: Them the one I tried that now I really want to do. Yeah, you want to only got you got a few bucks? I only got large bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, oh, that's terrible. It is a terrible jerk.
Speaker 2: It's honest, but I do only have large bills.
Speaker 1: It's terrible, fault, terrible. You want to give a one to a busker on the street, I mean, all the ones are really you know. You know what my sister does. I'm going to tell you this when she she uses one dollar bills and five dollar bills as bookmarks in her books, and then when she returns them to the library, she'll like put it in there when she returns the book, and whoever finds it is going to be so happy finding a dollar.
Speaker 2: I mean, it seems like what a rich person would know.
Speaker 1: She's not rich either, but it's just like to bring a little bit of joy to somebody's day. I mean, is a lovely thing to do. And wonder I want the suchift, easy way to do that. I want I want a big one.
Speaker 2: You like you came back from the club and you got and you want to make it rain with a bunch of ones. Okay, yeah, I want the fifty. Do you know who's on the fifty? Who do you have any guesses.
Speaker 1: I don't as antis.
Speaker 2: This is not one of the Jackson on the five. If one of the twenty three questions is who's on the fifty dollar bill, she's going to dump you, So don't ask that sidebar as a Brian Howie questioned, who is your guest?
Speaker 1: Andrew Jackson is ulysses uh.
Speaker 2: Grant.
Speaker 1: Oh, Grant is.
Speaker 2: On the fifty Grant is on the fifteen.
Speaker 1: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fun fact I didn't from the baby okay. Question fifteen okay, for one year as your car, would you rather drive a hearse or a smart car?
Speaker 1: A smart car?
Speaker 2: Just flat out yeah, even though you don't like to feel safe in a little little, tiny freak car that's like a golf cart. Yeah, no hearse for you. No herse too creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just you know what, I'm going to get my turn in the hearse someday.
Speaker 2: You're like, I'll ride in the back. I won't ride in the will wait. Yes, fair enough on that macabre note. Question sixteen, what animal are you most afraid of?
Speaker 1: Oh? My goodness, okay, so I am afraid of those nasty monkeys that they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate the scientific term the nasty monkeys.
Speaker 1: You know, it might just be like brown monkeys or something like that, but they are. There are wild monkeys that are all over the place in a number of the countries that I have frequented, like, for example, Thailand has got tons of wild monkeys all over dragons. India also tons of wild monkeys, and they're they're mean. And I went to Malaysia recently and there were tons of wild monkeys there and and it's so weird because the tourists all go, oh, cute monkey, and they want to go up to them and play with them. I have a friend who got attacked by five of those monkeys. They attack each other, you can tell by looking at them. Giant teeth, giant claws.
Speaker 2: They are all over the animal kingdom. The attack monkey, the attack monkeys.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it. I'm good with everything else, a kimodos. I'm good.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I stay out of their way, But the monkeys, they will come and get you.
Speaker 2: Question sixteen. Yeah, and I've asked this in our live show a few times and I always get the certain answer. But jailhouse weapon of choice, a lock in a sock or a shive.
Speaker 1: Oh gully, Okay, So I believe that my answer on that is going to be an I'm mean, I'm gonna change my answer.
Speaker 2: I just what the other times in life you've thought about this. When you're working on under Jennifer Anistony impression, you sometimes think about your jail house weapon show.
Speaker 1: No. I just I went back and forth like ten times in my head real fast while while you were waiting for my answer. And at first I thought it was going to be the lock in the sock. But I don't think that I could stop someone with a lock in a sock. I think I could only senerate.
Speaker 2: You couldn't swing it hard, and I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But I think with the shive I could. I'm really small, I'm short, so I could stab him in the leg and then run away.
Speaker 2: See that tells me something about you that you're using to stab them in the leg as opposed to the heart or somewhere for some vital organ. You don't want to kill them, you just want to debilitate them. That's correct.
Speaker 1: I can't run away.
Speaker 2: Good answer tells me a lot about you. Yeah, okay, Question eighteen, yep, how much money to give up your pinky toe?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, so to go with.
Speaker 2: To go with just nine? What's the what's how big a check do I have to give you?
Speaker 1: I just is there is there a no on this.
Speaker 2: Answer that there's no amount of money. I think you're lying if you say that I said, here's a billion dollars, you would be fine with nine. You don't care about the q chooes.
Speaker 1: I thought of that confession question. I can't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't how much? And it's not just cut off, it's surgically there's an antistition an esthetician involved.
Speaker 1: Do you mean you mean you can like have it properly?
Speaker 2: How much I'm buying your pinky toe? How much?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: What's the price? What's the price for that little thingny.
Speaker 1: Ah, golly doy, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ten million dollars reasonable answer? She went from no price dropped to a reasonable amount of money, ten million dollars. I don't think you would hobble. I don't think you would hobble.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I had to go through.
Speaker 2: You would hobble with it. So you'll go with nine for ten million for eight figures. That's your price on your nine digits for eight figures.
Speaker 1: That's what we're going with there, can I go with one hundred million?
Speaker 2: No, you said ten. And I guarantee you if I laid out a briefcase of.
Speaker 1: A million, now a million, you can't get anything for a million. Ten For ten, I can do a lot of good in the world that my toe is going to do less good in the world.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Question answer, Yeah, that would be my reason.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, She's like, I'm judging more of the questions than the answers, but yeah, are good. Okay. Question nineteen. Who is a celebrity crush from any point of your life that you are embarrassed to admit?
Speaker 1: Oh, let's see embarrassed to admit?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you can't just say like Channing Tatum because that's common.
Speaker 1: Well, I am Brad Pitt is probably common too.
Speaker 2: Embarrassed to admit anytime from zero to now, child teen, yesterday when you were working on your Jennifer andis impression anything? You know, if you said Matthew Perry, then it would be like a weird friend's fetishue. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, let's see.
Speaker 2: That you're embarrassed to admit.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see. I don't think well, it really is Brad Pitt. But I'm not embarrassed to admit that. So no, I mean, he's see, you.
Speaker 2: Don't have one. You don't have a weird poster on your wall as a child.
Speaker 1: No, I did not. Oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well little Bert Humperdink or somebody.
Speaker 1: No, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Ronald my mother?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, So you have none? No, I just know none that you're embarrassed to admit or no celebrity crushes.
Speaker 1: Uh no, not really?
Speaker 2: Are you passing? You have to pat You have no answer.
Speaker 1: I guess I believe you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have no answer.
Speaker 1: Well, well I already said Brad Pitt is my celebrity crush. But I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I don't know who i'd be embarrassed to admit. I mean, I mean, I like hot guys like Marie Osmond. Well she was, she was. She's an attractive you know when like last year, you mean, or like probably when you're a teenager.
Speaker 2: Well now no, now it's Elizabeth Vargas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Elizabeth Vargus.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, I know. Yeah, and you know she's out of the she's sober.
Speaker 1: Yeah much.
Speaker 2: But that was always my thing. When people like that's weird.
Speaker 1: Well, now it's gonna sound like I'm copying off your paper, but I guess Donnie Osmond okay Osmond, Yeah, I always thought that he was super cute and yeah, just over the years, I just always really had a thing for that Donny Osmond.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you do. We got somewhere I know.
Speaker 1: But you have to pull it out of me.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Conversation, right, it's a conversation, that's it. Okay. Number twenty, we're playing Monopoly. Which piece are you playing?
Speaker 1: The top hat?
Speaker 2: The top hat? Yeah, I thought you'd be more of a thimble person.
Speaker 1: No, by the top hat because it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Fall over, so you don't want your piece.
Speaker 1: I don't want it to fall over. And it's fancy. Oh and I feel like Monopoly is kind of like a fancy game.
Speaker 2: So you think that the fancier the iron is not likely to land on park place? Right.
Speaker 1: I feel like if I'm wearing the top hat, ju, it's good juju that maybe I'm going to get the park place.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, interesting answer, yeah, Okay. Number twenty one, Okay, what is the most important invention of all time?
Speaker 1: Hmm, that's interesting. Uh, what comes to mind for me. Oddly, I have no idea, but it popped in my head. Whereas the aqueducts in Rome, Yeah, that was a really important invention because I think water is the most important thing.
Speaker 2: On the age. I would say running water.
Speaker 1: Running water, and the aqueducts.
Speaker 2: Them to harness a water.
Speaker 1: Supply exactly so that I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, that's exactly the answer I would have. I wouldn't have been so wise to actually say aqueduct, but I would have said running water and same thing indoor plumbing, and that all stems from the aqueduct. So I, yes, I think that is. Anybody else has a different answer out there. I think you're wrong, and I'm gonna argue to death on and why they everything starts with water?
Speaker 1: Well, I think we have in common water charities as.
Speaker 2: Well, right, Yeah, I think the only charity should be donating to is water. Water.
Speaker 1: Water. Everything starts with water. Water solves all the problems. It's it's all about the water here.
Speaker 2: That my college. I'm not donating to you. I'm donating the water to water charities. Okay, number twenty two, yep, give me something that you do think or believe that it best could be considered quirky, and it worst would be considered insane about myself.
Speaker 1: Like something I like to do, I believe or think something quirky or nuts. I do that thing.
Speaker 2: Any of the crazy monkeys talk to you?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's it's way. It's more docile than that. But it is something that I cannot seem to get away from. And that is that that pinch of salt thing. You know when you when you spill some salt and you have to take your right hand and throw a pinch of it over your left shoulder. I just feel like my whole life is going to fall apart.
Speaker 2: That's your superstitt, is it? I just step on a crack that. Oh yeah, that's we go under a ladder? What will you walk under a ladder? I prefer not to, okay, But the salt is no chance.
Speaker 1: Salt is something I can't get away from. I mean, if if I spilled some salt and I were in a hurry and I ran out to the car, I'm telling you, I would feel like I needed to run back in the house, grab a pench and with my right hand throw it over my left shoulder and then run back out to the car. I do not know why.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is somewhere between quirky and.
Speaker 1: And sick, it is, right, Yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Basically throwing salt on the floor.
Speaker 1: On the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. You would do that in your own home. Yes, okay, yeah, interesting, there you go. All right, last question number twenty three. Okay, we are turning your memoir into a movie. What genre would it fall into? What would it be rated? And what would it be called?
Speaker 1: Let's see. Okay, so my movie would for sure be a documentary. I'm sorry, that's no fun.
Speaker 2: No, documentary is not eligible. I'm banning that because we're turning into a movie and it's starring actress and things. So I'm not asking who would play you. Yeah, I'm asking what genre would it be?
Speaker 1: So? Oh, I wanted it to be a documentary starring Jennifer anistid she.
Speaker 2: Doesn't star in documentaries unless Jennifer Andison's story. She could host it. Okay, now we're getting somewhere, so you want to Okay, so you want to a documentary hosted documentary by Jennifer Aniston. Yeah, so documentaries are generally not rated, but they're going to rate one. What would it be g G Of course it would be my G rated documentary hosted by Is this animated? Is it animated? It is a cartoon? Her G rated animated documentary hosted by Jennifer Anison would be called what KKO in captivity? What would it be called?
Speaker 1: No? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kko Sees the World.
Speaker 2: Kko sees the World?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Tickets for Kko Sees the World? A G rated documentary hosted by another than Jennifer Aniston. So be very meta with Jennifer Aston hosting a segment and you're in a different country doing a Jennifer Aniston impression for crazy monkeys, There's a lot going there. I wonder I think Jennifer Aniston would like to get Jennifer Aniston on the phone. And there you go, And that is your twenty three questions that matter. And if you don't think they matter, you pull these babies out on a date or you with your girlfriend or boyfriend and try them out and you will have a really, really good time.
Speaker 1: Can I just say that I haven't laughed as much, you know, one stretch in the longest time. Really, this was so much fun, right, great question to do this hilarious.
Speaker 2: Questions lead to uh, curiosity and banter. It tolls. It gives me a far look into your brain and me and anything else than what's your favorite call? Then? Who are your three dream dinner guests? Like, I don't want to hear that. Okay, those are dumb questions, so I uh rarely do that. I'm gonna wait a little while. You're gonna have to listen to this podcast. Eventually, I'm gonna post these on our our Facebook page so you have them handy for you singer after animal dont but I'm gonna give you everbody an opportunity to share these with the world because we've got to stop that thirty stupid thirty six questions, because these are the twenty three questions that matter. And if you can make each other laugh and really poke at each other's questions, and you only used one pass I think I think you only used one because you didn't have an.
Speaker 1: Answer, right, Yeah, And then I think I thought of the answer way later and I wasn't able to say it because I missed my chance.
Speaker 2: Right, But these are turning your You're turning each other's brains. Yeah, So these are the questions. This was the exercise.
Speaker 1: Yes, I didn't feel on the spot. I felt like we were having fun because these.
Speaker 2: Are questions that you do have an answer to, and the stakes are not right, is wrong, but even your guesses turn out.
Speaker 1: To be something we can both laugh about it and.
Speaker 2: Shows vulnerability and answering. This shows that you apparently have a really wonderful family and you definitely want the dessert menu. So if you were picking Keko out, be prepared for the Jennifer Aniston thing. Hopefully you looklick Donnie Osmond and she absolutely wants dessert. Got it and a lot of mayonnaise? All right? This was fun as far as us like, share, subscribe, and as always, please review this podcast because, as you know, these reviews mean a lot in the podcasting ecosystem. Check out our live tour schedule A great love to be. First of all, send us any of your weird answers to any of those questions, or any of those They don't have to be weird answers. Send us your answers. Send us if you think you have a better question that can crack the twenty three, and I will swat that thing down like a fly swatter. You don't have a better one. And I started with a pile of like sixty five. I honed it down to this. You know what. The final one to get in was what the pinky toe? And the pinky is my favorite.
Speaker 1: That's that's a really hard one. That is a really really hard.
Speaker 2: I know your prices, just got expensive footwear. Toasts, expecive live tour schedule. Great lovedbeate dot com because as always at the Great Love Debate, we.
Speaker 1: Never stopped making love.
Speaker 2: See you next time the Great Love Debate. It's the Great Love Debate. Degreat Love Debate. It's a great love to be