Speaker 1: How are you doing out there? It's me Tiger, I am Duc Wayne Duck.
Speaker 2: It's me Bunkers Deep BABCAD All right, yall, didn't bree your favorite firebla you desire?
Speaker 1: Hold? Oh no God. My name is Jim Cummings and welcome to tuned In.
Speaker 3: Welcome to this first anniversary edition of Tuned In with Jim Cummings. I am Dana, joined of course by producer Chris. How are you doing so good?
Speaker 4: How are you guys doing? Jim Brandon, how how are you doing?
Speaker 1: It's another day in paradise. Let's let's do it. I can't believe it's been a year.
Speaker 3: Another day in paradise, always paradise for Jim. We say one year anniversary. It's quite funny because what happened, listeners and viewers is that we started this show last June and we got to August and Chris went, we never celebrated our one year anniversary. We went, yeah, right, what we didn't? Did we? So we thought we do it now.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I think what kicked it off was getting Billy West back on the show. We realized, wait a minute, he was our first guest. It must be an anniversary. Randy somewhere. We're way late, but at least we're.
Speaker 1: Doing it right, and you know, better late than never, of course, better never late. But yay, what are you gonna do? Fecal matter occurs?
Speaker 3: As they say, Jim, did you know what a podcast was before you started this show?
Speaker 2: Yes, something to do with Jack and the Beanstock and wrong Pod. No, I don't know, no, of course, Yeah, yeah, you know. I was familiar with them, but never did I think that i'd be involved in, you know, the most incredible one of all time.
Speaker 1: And he yet here we are.
Speaker 3: So we won the award for that last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can't go wrong there.
Speaker 3: Well, what were you expecting starting the show? Because the original had it talk theme about so basically Jim came on my Simpsons podcast because Jim was once the voice of a horse on the Simpsons. For all you listeners that they be aware.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was Margaret, my wife, you know chriss moment, she said, you know you and this is kind of a long time ago, and I was like, no, sounds like work, you know, and I already go to conventions and no, no, no, And then I think we did yours and she goes, we'll see it how can that be?
Speaker 1: And it's like, okay, so here we are. She was right.
Speaker 3: Turns out it's a little work. Yeah, yeah, a little bit, as Chris will be well away. So we got basically went all right, we need someone who can handle all the tech side of things. And then it just evolved to Chris just being part of the show. And now Chris is producer Chris thank goodness.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, how that evolved? Yes, and now it seems like so long ago yet just yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And oftentimes we'll go to comic cons comic con convention, they go, oh wow, yeah, your producer Chris, and it's like we're gonna have to get him his own table and start signing autographs.
Speaker 1: Phone.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: That's the weird thing. I was just telling my friend. I was over at my friend's house last night and I was just telling him that, I said, it's so hard for me to get used to when people are like just randomly shouting my name at conventions. Yeah, and I had no idea. And I'll look I'll look at these people and be like hey, they'll be like hey, Chris. I'll be like hey, and then I'll look at them and realize I have no idea who these people are, but they're just fans of the podcast and they're just tuned in and a it's a great feeling, but it's a weird feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you remember the first time you got pointed out or noticed in public?
Speaker 4: I can, yes, yes, I assume that questions for.
Speaker 3: This nineteen eighty four and.
Speaker 4: I do. It Actually was late last year. We were in we were in Arkansas. We were in Arkansas, and you know, every now and then I'll help Jim with the handling at his table at a convention. You know, maybe it's a little busier than usual, maybe something like that. And basically my podcast duties when we are on on the road on a show are limited to pretty much before and after the show. So during the show, you know, I'd like to step been and lend a hand with Jim where I can, you know, lend anybody operating the convention a hand where I can. And I was actually going to a lounge fly booth and we were trying to negotiate like a little trade, like if Jim signs these backpacks for you, can we get you know, something in return. You know, they had some rare backpacks in return, blah blah blah. And I was walking over to the booth and I hear somebody go producer Chris. And I turn around and this guy just waves and I was like, Oh, how's it going. He was like, hey man, good, good to see you. And I was like, you know, you know that little game you play in your head, you know where you're like, where do I know this person from? In the first thirty seconds minute of conversation, you're trying to dial it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 4: So that's how I actually do have a story about Steven Spielberg as well. Wow, it's actually tasted. Since since we're just talking, Since we're just talking, why don't I tell this story right now? That'd be great since the spotlight's on me right now. I'm just gonna take advantage.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 4: So I was thirteen years old. I was at the premiere of the movie Monster House. It was an animated movie Steven Spielberg directed, I believe, or maybe he just produced it. Maybe he just produced it. Anyway, tell you that Spielberg was.
Speaker 3: Tell you there, what was how? What was your ticket in?
Speaker 4: So my dad was involved in some capacity I can't remember how it might have even just been through his agency that he got, you know, some premiere tickets. But me and me and my siblings and my and my dad went and I remember Nick Cannon was in the movie. He was on the red carpet. I remember we were right behind him on the red carpet. Anyway, fast forward, it's right before the show starts, and they say, you know, one minute until the show starts. So I was like, okay, I need to use the bathroom. So I go to the bathroom and I remember standing at the urinal and I'm, you know, doing my thing, and this guy walks in. All the urinals are full, and you know how you kind of just you kind of just taking the environment around you. You know, you look around at who is besides you, and I peek over and the guy that stood next to me was Steven Spielberg. And I just looked at him and I was like, no way. And I remember he looked over at me and then nothing else. And then we're washing our hands and I remember looking through the mirror. You know how you can like look at somebody through the mirror, and I looked at him through the mirror. He made I can't eye contact through the mirror, and he just winked at me and didn't say anything and dried his hands, and he knew exactly. I was thirteen years old at the time. He knew exactly. He was like, yeah, I know you know who.
Speaker 1: Are Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: And I was just like, oh, I should have said something. I should have said something, but I was just too nervous. I didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I wouldn't know what to say in that moment. What do you say? At the urinal to Steven Spielbey though, you know, what do you what do you say?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 3: Well, and you can't even look you gotta Oh I Chris looked.
Speaker 1: I was coming home.
Speaker 2: My plane was my plane was delayed, delayed. This has got to be twenty years ago. And I was traping down this hallway.
Speaker 1: I had my luggage. It was one of those mile long hallways.
Speaker 2: And I look and there's a guy and it looked like he was having trouble walking, but he had two other guys with him. They were bookends, and he was shoveling, shuffling along, and I realized when he's like, gotta be fifty yards away, and I go, I'm about to walk into Ray Charles, and it was like seeing the Statue of Liberty at the end of the hall. You know, it's Ray Charles and I'm walking, We're walking, he's walking.
Speaker 1: We're getting closer together. Nobody else is there.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that happened in such a big airport, but so be it. And I said, okay, well you're gonna walk right past Ray Charles. Are you going to say anything? Einstein?
Speaker 1: And so I went Ray Charles and he goes, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 1: So I was baby, And that's my story. That's it. Sorry, that's the whole no big kaboom, but it was great.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd hate to bring the mood down slightly, but Chris, you just mentioned a fantastic toilet story there, and Jim you once told the amazing story on this podcast where you're in the bathroom once and you overheard the legendary icon James L. Jones doing this is CNN. I thought maybe you'd like to take this time here in the podcast to pay tribute to James L.
Speaker 1: Jones, God bless him. Yes.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not sure if this constitute is a tribute, but it's a pretty darn cool.
Speaker 1: I was at a police.
Speaker 2: Called Buzzies, and apparently that was the only place that he preferred to do his recordings. So I went in there to do my business, and you know, and I was standing over there and washing my hands, and.
Speaker 4: I hear this is c.
Speaker 5: N no, this is c N wig, this is CNN no. Then you hear this is cn N.
Speaker 1: Yes. And that was his read.
Speaker 2: And that's the one that everyone's heard a thousand times. And I was there to hear the great one practiced that. So that's that's my story. And there you have it.
Speaker 3: Was he aware? Have you told him that? Had she told him since that you ever heard him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Somehow or another, I didn't been around it. Have him walk out of going let me shake your hand? Oh no, I didn't.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Did you ever get the chance to speak with him or work with him whilst working on the Lion King? Or is it just always separate the car.
Speaker 2: No, anytime you do a movie, it's ninety nine percent of the time you're doing it solo. No matter what I mean. I've I've sung with people solo, very very very seldom do you have others in the room with you.
Speaker 3: Well, as we said, this is not necessarily the first anniversary, because I think I can of sixty three episodes deep into the podcast, Chris, do you have any favorite episodes or favorite conversations from that time.
Speaker 4: I knew this was going to come up. I knew this was going to come up so honestly in this last year. So David Hayter was one of the first people that we interviewed. It was but a very short one and then luckily we got to interview him again just quite recently, and I think that is the biggest starstruck person that we've had for me, for me that I've been acquainted with on this podcast, just because I was such a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid growing up. I was such a huge fan and just how friendly and how down to earth and everything that David is really brings that all up. And then oh, goodness, you're.
Speaker 1: Not allowed to say your dad, I was going to say, So that's good.
Speaker 4: So the biggest Another one that was for me was Veronica Taylor doing the voice of ash Ketchem. I mean that just really like sent me back. And I'm sure as many of the viewers, by the way, thank you all so much. We're at almost ninety thousand subscribers on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Now I'll do a live check as we do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Incredible, incredible, what yeah, what are we at?
Speaker 3: We're currently at eight hundred and sixty three as we recall.
Speaker 4: So we need four hundred of you listeners to subscribe.
Speaker 2: So run out, go, run out on the lawn, yell out to your neighbors, do whatever.
Speaker 4: But I was just gonna say, as much as you guys can all test, the audience can all attest. I mean, Veronica Taylor was literally like the voice of my childhood, I mean, as well as Jim But I mean if I was only allowed to watch an hour of TV a day, and most of the time it was afternoon programming and that's when Pokemon was on, and so to hear her do the ash Ketchum live in person, it just it sent me.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's good stuff, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It was incredible. I mean, there's been so many now that I'm thinking about it, I mean, Phil Lamar, Billy West, there's been so many. It's just been such a privilege to meet all these people and talked all these.
Speaker 3: Bill Fummer and Rob puls On to do the goof Troop reunion, that was yeah, well, oh yeah, because I don't think we actually spoke about goof Troop. It was just these three legends just chatting. It's called the goof Trip Reunion that doesn't actually talk about goof Troop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That video has had almost two hundred thousand views on YouTube below.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, that's one of the most popular ones that's been put.
Speaker 3: That's when we had all those videos of the when they did the they sang what's the the Yakou song around the world? Yeah, trying to sing his tig and Bill try to sing it words. Yeah, yeah, great, Tom. I do think Billy West has been one of my favorite guests. He's just such a down to earth, lovely guy. He's just an absolute legend of voice acting very much. Yeah, there's only one less in particular that you're looking forward to maybe getting on the show, Chris, any any ideas for voice actors that you would maybe want to get on in the future that we haven't had.
Speaker 4: Yet coming up? I really want to talk to Andy Cirkis. Andy Cirkis, I'm really excited about. Ella Parnell is another one I'm really excited about for her voice acting, of course, and oh you and McGregor is another one. I can't wait to talk to. And there's just been so many. I mean, Ron Pearlman, Zachary Levi. Zachary Levi was another one of my favorites. Who was your favorite, Jim, Well, you know, who are some of your favorites named Frank.
Speaker 2: Welker That's yeah, that's uh, yeah, it's gonna be that'd be good to get. That'll be juicy. But gosh, I have I have a lot of them. I'm looking forward to revisiting with Tress and that's for sure. And gosh, g was great Daily Strong Strong and Tara Daily, they were great.
Speaker 1: And it's and.
Speaker 2: It's funny because you know, I'm just going down the list and it's all people that I've known from work over the years.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, let's see, well I worked with the old.
Speaker 2: Joe over there and that was fun and you know, and it's it's just a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: I would love to have.
Speaker 2: Gotten John Williams, the great composer.
Speaker 1: I mean, a beautiful thing.
Speaker 4: But you know who really surprised I think both of us. Jim was Corey Feldman. An opportunity to talk to him in Tampa Bay. Yes, because I'm not gonna lie and we can cut this if if it's if it's a little two out there for you, Jim. But we were in Tampa Bay. We're at Tampa Big Comic Con, and you know, we're we kind of do this thing, you know, we're networking in the green room and the hotel and blah blah blah, and we're hoping to get people on the road, but if not, then we're gonna book them for back in LA And we see Corey Feldman and he's sitting with Oh goodness, this is name, Oh Goodness the comedian po he's sitting there with, and we're like, we need to get one of them on the podcast. We need to And we had a great setup that weekend in Tampa Bay where the podcast was set up right next door to the green room, but in a private room. And so long story short, end up getting Corey Feldman on and me and Jim are kind of looking at each other, we go, man, this is kind of gonna be a strapping who knows where this is? Who knows where this is going to go? And then Corey Feldman was so well spoken, so insightful, had such a great knowledge of Hollywood, and it kind.
Speaker 1: Of took us.
Speaker 4: We both looked at each other like, Wow, this was such an insightful and entertaining guest, and never judge a book by its cover, because this is not what we expected at all. And then he just had such a great interview. And literally he's been doing this since he was what two years old, so.
Speaker 1: We should have known bonies.
Speaker 4: But it was yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that that's how old was he there? Nine? Maybe two, maybe ten, twelve?
Speaker 3: Well he was in Gremlins as well, Yeah he was, but I think it was he was talking about commercials he was doing when he was like two or three, Like you were saying, Chris exactly. But you see like he's live music, stage show, and you see that version of him, and then you see the version of him on the podcast and you think, how are these the same person?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, he has a great in the military, that flipping the switch, knowing which audience you're you're adhering to. He has a great knack from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Were you in the military, He's good to read.
Speaker 4: I was in the military.
Speaker 3: How have we never discussed you being in the military.
Speaker 4: I was in the Air Force for two and a half years.
Speaker 3: Air Force. Well, you must have some fun stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I don't know if they were fun. Yeah, we're experiences, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: He spent twenty years in the military for two and a half years, so yeah, it was crammed a lot of acts.
Speaker 4: I sure felt like that. I'm not gonna lie, it sure felt like that.
Speaker 3: Well, we're always looking for fresh ideas here for the podcast, and I was just going to say that we discussed recently that one of the things we're going to focus on going forward here with the podcast is producing more Patreon content, aren't we, Chris, So some of the ideas we've toyed with potentially Patreon exclusive Winnie the Pooh rewatch podcasts, which I think would be a lot of fun, a litt of Winnie the poof.
Speaker 4: Fans out there.
Speaker 3: We always getting questions about the new adventures of Winnie the Pooh, So I think if we can get Jim to sit down a couple of times a month and just watch the episodes in order, I think people will really dig that. Also, Margaret, she's starting to appear on social media a lot more now Jim's lovely wife peg as he calls her, and then maybe starting their own show on patre which I think will be now, Chris, remember you can be the be on that show as well.
Speaker 1: What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Or he's gonna leave them to it.
Speaker 1: We'll let the public get you know, We'll we'll deliver it.
Speaker 4: We'll let the public decide. Yes.
Speaker 3: I would love to hear a podcast where it's just you turn the MIC's on, you leave it and just see what Jim and Margaret coming out with.
Speaker 2: That could be interesting, or it could be something minutes, it could be an hour.
Speaker 3: As you were saying, what with upcoming guests? I think selfishly when I'm looking forward to if we can get is if you actually make happens he Kazaria from the Simpsons. I think that would just be amazing because he's just been not just the Simpsons, it's just an icon outside of the Simpsons as well. Have been so many movies and yeah, ha, Kazari would be a big one for me. We can get that to happen. But we also posted on Jim social media on his Instagram at Jim J. Cummings this morning asking for some questions to sort of get a bit of insight into fore you guys as well. So, Christ do you want to kick us off? With the first question that was sent through from Mt. T Puitt.
Speaker 4: Sure thing. First of all, M. T. Preu says this, First of all, thank you so much for doing this podcast. It's so refreshing to hear the voice of my childhood speak about his admiration for his work. What's the most valuable life lesson you've learned from doing Winnie the Pooh or voice acting in general?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Well that's a very interesting question. Why didn't I think of these before? I should have read these? Now I have to think of something up now. Well, patience, who is a is a good teacher of patience, And you'll never see him in a big hurry unless there's honey that's spilt or something, you know, a true emergency. But you know, I think he's got that. In fact, there what is it the Dao of Poo. There's a look out And it's all about his zen approach to life and how he maintains his own inner serenity and exudes it for others.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's a you know, I think that's that's part of his.
Speaker 2: Charm and he sees the world through I've said it before, honey colored glasses. You know, He has a way of looking at things and evening them out and envisioning a beautiful outcome, and he's always right.
Speaker 1: So I want to do that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever lost patience with yourself? What kind of stupid.
Speaker 1: Question is that? Oh I'm sorry, what did you say?
Speaker 3: Have you ever lost patience with yourself where you kind of thought you were trying to sort of land a particular voice or a particular line delivery and he couldn't quite get it the way you had envisioned it, and you had the way you wanted it, and you've lost patience with yourself?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I've wanted to know, not one hundred percent, because you know, you can always do take two, so you know, there's there's salvation and that that little thing there. I once in a blue moon I would hear a song maybe and I and I think, and it's actually, I mean, I guess it's not even losing patience. But I once went to work with a head cold, which is an absurd thing, but it was early on in my career, and I was, Oh, my gosh, they're counting on me.
Speaker 1: I have to go. So you know, I sounded like Pooh might have had a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a head cold, and uh, once in a blue moon, I'll hear a snippet from that show and go, I remember that, you know, And and it was interesting because Pooh and Ticker had the same cold, and I thought, are people gonna notice this? I I've never had one single human being, even after telling this story a few times ever, say hey, were you sick that day that you went to work?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: So I knock on wood. It's it's not a big deal, but there you have it.
Speaker 3: Next questions from at Doth Chris seventy six. Will there be any plans or do you know of any plans for new adventures of Winnie the Pooh come back? They love that show as a kid. Maybe make it for adults who are thirty plus who grew up with it and with the same animation and everything there. So I don't know. I haven't heard any news of a new adventures come back. They've got a lot of Winny the Pooh sort of more tiging towards younger kids now, haven't a's like a baby poo kind of thing, hasn't it's a kids show now?
Speaker 2: Well, it didn't really go anywhere, yea. I even kind of read for it and it. I think that there's such a childlike wonder to Winnie the Pooh and the characters, you know, whether it's Piglet or you know, on and on.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's necessary to.
Speaker 2: Cater and make it even younger, because you could be eighty and enjoy it and eight and enjoy it. And if you're eight months you can look at it and enjoy and still, you know, the colors are there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't think. I don't think it would be well served.
Speaker 2: You know, the characters would be well served by you know, make you know, three year old rabbit or Tigger, you know they we did something like that and it was okay, it scaled the heights of almost okay, so you know, so that's that's kind of where that is. But I wouldn't mind doing the newer Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
Speaker 3: That would have never gonna say no yeah said in New York or something.
Speaker 4: No, just kidding, I'm trying to picture what Winnie the Pooh would be like targeted for a demographic of over thirty year olds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, he'd had to be going through struggles that you go through more in adulthood. But I guess that's isn't that what the whole we of the Pooh basis is though, that each character is its own sort of ones, got anxiety ones.
Speaker 1: You know, they're all top basic emotions.
Speaker 3: Who they're all basic emotions that I think that's why just the brand and the characters in general are timeless, which is why, as you're saying, tweaking them and making them babies, there's no need for it because there just time is in general and so relatable. Where As you said, they're all an emotion that we can allers relate to anyway very much.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, you know, Rabbit is very persnickety, and he yours, mister gloom, and obviously Kanga and rue or mother and child reunion. It's they all have their own own spot there. And and Pooh is blistful serenity. He's uh, you know, I've said before, Pooh is the eye of the storm where all is calm, and Tigger is the storm. So all the food groups are well represented.
Speaker 3: I guess the Christopher Robin film Chris is kind of that idea in the sense that it was Christopher Robin grown up a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wasn't It wasn't a child for long on the opening scene, but yes it was. Well, the idea was that, you know, you never really have to leave the hunterd Acre would and.
Speaker 3: We're going to be tackling the film, Christopher Robin in an utcoming episode of the podcast look at for that as well.
Speaker 4: Chris, next question, all right, the next question comes from fandom and randomness. One voice matching. Is the process to approaching it different than when you were taking over for someone who has passed away like Sterling? Compared to cases where the actor is working on the project, like with Jeremy Irons in The Lion King or Christopher Lloyd in Anastasia.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not sure that the question centers around I.
Speaker 3: Think that asking. Is it when you approach the voice? Is it differently trying to match a voice? Do you approach it differently if the actor you're trying to approach, trying to copy is passed away.
Speaker 2: No, it's because it's you're still being true to the original tenor I mean literally the actual sound of their voice. You know, you know I've said before that you know you've got it if you can cough or you know, have dummy trouble or feel you know that type of thing. Clear your throat and they go, oh wow, that sounded like Tigger or was that Pooh?
Speaker 1: Was that dark winged duck?
Speaker 2: And uh, you know, I think once you've landed on that, once you've got that down, then the rest is it's it's right there, you know that, then the words, the singing, you know, pair of paragraphs, you know, whatever it is. H then you're you're on the right track. You have to be able to, you know, go and that was just me, by the way, So don't don't try and figure out who that was. But you know, if you go, okay, you know that was Tigger. So it's you know, you have to be able to give enough personality to it and put it all in the voice, because your face doesn't count.
Speaker 3: Christopher Lloyd gave you some pretty direct feedback, didn't he when you did his voice? Anastasia? Didn't he didn't he hear you? And he's really impressed by your singing yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I don't know that he was. H It's just it's kind of a funny one liner. You know, they told him, they told this story before. I hope I'm not repeating it too much for people out there. But you asked, so, hey, no, he said. They told him, you know, the producers. They said, well, Christopher, this is great. By the way, We've got an amazing song for you. I mean it's real Andrew Lloyd Webber, I mean, this is like Phantom of the Opera. It's it's really a killer song. And he goes, wow, no kidding, Well, I hope I don't suck and left. And so they called around and a few of the usual suspects, and I ended up getting the job. And you know, then he was back in you know, it wasn't done with the movie yet, and they said, Christopher, would you like to hear your song? And they go, oh, sure, yeah, sure, go ahead. So they played him the song and he goes, wow, I sound pretty good, and so that was my seal of approval. And they were kind enough to tell me that story, and I've since run into him at a couple of conventions.
Speaker 1: He goes, oh, that's right. Yeah, so you're the guy that's pretty good. I sounded good, didn't I? And I go, yes, you did.
Speaker 2: You sounded in a stunt? What am I going to disagree with him?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: So that was that One's quite amazing because no one knew, nobody realized.
Speaker 1: Well that's the idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so many kids, so many, so many adults. Now they see the videos that we put out on social media. Have you seen that song? They go, are you kidding me? They can't believe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that with him and Jeremy Irons as well.
Speaker 3: Did you ever ever heard what Jeremy Irons thought of your ska? You've never really spoken to Jeremy about it?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, No, I haven't really spoken with him.
Speaker 2: I haven't, but but I did see it was fun to see on the celebration. Gosh was it the twenty fifteen Yeah, and he wasn't saying it, and not that he did, damn Faine. You know, he's an incredible actor. You know, once you're that good an actor, you're you're you can and ness your way. And he's pretty amazing. So yeah, we're not worried about.
Speaker 3: Just put Jeremy's name in you dire. Let's try and get him on what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be good.
Speaker 4: I reckon, that's a good scot.
Speaker 3: A scar off would be unbelievable.
Speaker 1: A scar yes, bring your own sav all right.
Speaker 3: Next question here from at panger underscore tang why didn't you reply that? Sorry, why didn't you reprise the role of Minsk in boulders Gate?
Speaker 1: III.
Speaker 3: I think that's a question Jim can answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't, you know, they didn't ask. I was not. I don't know if I I don't, I don't. I couldn't tell you, but go forward the ice booth. But everybody seems to latch onto that line. And that was me, So that's fine with me. No, I I really don't know. I'm not a big gamer, so that's probably not working in my favor.
Speaker 1: But I'm glad.
Speaker 3: Every I first started this podcast. When we first started this podcast, you were pointing out how you would always bring up the boulders Gate story about characters that you've completely forgotten, that you don't what they count to they do the voice. No, not that one, not that one? Yeah, right, and you'd always that was your one. Was the last twelve months I've been putting out, we've been putting out on the social media that Jim does GTA and he does Boulder's Gate and all these pop and now all of a sudden, people are coming up to your conventions to sign mid stuff that it's like they're really Oh wait a minute, that was Jim as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, someone said that, I'm kind of like the Where's Waldo of animation?
Speaker 4: So wait?
Speaker 3: Was that Jim was a narrator of Where's Wally as well?
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's fun stuff.
Speaker 3: It is fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Indeed, I've noticed too at conventions they keep putting you suspiciously close to Neil Newborn. Oh. Always, your table's always a couple couple tables away. And he's pretty close to Neil Newborn. And that's another one that we'd love to get on this show.
Speaker 1: Okay, have a little.
Speaker 4: Balder's Gate, you know, little.
Speaker 1: Does he does he do he bs gate throw?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, he plays what's his character's name?
Speaker 1: Come on Internet?
Speaker 4: Answer character's name is. I'll just mouth it and we can edit it in.
Speaker 3: I'll look it up. Plays Elijah Kemski.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, that's the the I could tell what you.
Speaker 3: Astarian? A starian?
Speaker 4: But the one he's going to see this and never want to going to come up.
Speaker 3: I'll find out what is he actually caught on I'll say, oh, yeah, a starian. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he voices astarian in boulders Gate, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, better than so get that bolders Gate.
Speaker 4: Reunion, Zach. Do your thing, work your magic, Zach.
Speaker 3: I think one of the biggest shocks from the last twelve months from jimn doing his social media and whatnot is people blown away by the GTA one And you were the first one to bring it up on the podcast. He said, you were the MI guy on the on the on JT. I think even you couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe it. Yeah, you couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I remember way back when my nephew Boris called me up and he goes, oh, could.
Speaker 1: Jim here we are? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did I just buy an AK forty seven from you? And an old abandoned gas station? And I said, are you playing grand theft auto? He goes yeah, I said, yeah you did.
Speaker 1: How did I do? Did I?
Speaker 2: How was the service? Was the place clean was it? How was the restroom was it? Was it in good shape for you?
Speaker 1: Did you? He goes, Okay, I just wanted to make sure so.
Speaker 4: And for those of you watching, if you didn't know, we've had both Ned Luke and Sean Fontino from Grand Theft Auto five on the shows, So go check out those episodes and Stephen Oud, Yes, I'm talking to you. We're looking for you to get on the podcast next. You need to deplete the trifecta.
Speaker 3: That's right, we have to get them all at the same time. I just feel like those gods just because you went to dinner with them once at the con, didn't you. Yes, Yes, just having just been at the dinner table. That's a dinner table that any j TA fan would want to be a part of the whole rock.
Speaker 4: Star family too, as well as Roger Clark and the Jean Fontino. Yes, and it was it was a It was a rock star, wasn't he? Rob was there as well times Yeah, it was. It was a good time. We're trying to we're trying to get all the rock star people over to this this uh tuned in with Cummings party.
Speaker 3: Absolutely all right, Chris, next question.
Speaker 4: All right. The next question comes from ill Gentally. If Winnie the Pooh came knocking on your door, what would be the first thing you would say to him? PS, I really love your work.
Speaker 2: Would you like a smack will of honey? You know, in an effort to be a congenial host, and then I would pass out or maybe I would wake up, because if it was knocking on my door and I answered it, I would probably be sleeping and dreaming.
Speaker 4: And you would do it in that voice. So Poo didn't get confused, that's right. So he didn't have an existential crisis about why does somebody.
Speaker 3: Say exactly like mind games and use the windy voice.
Speaker 1: Right right right in here?
Speaker 2: A bone turn over there, buddy boy, it'll be magnificent.
Speaker 1: Tiggers don't like honey.
Speaker 3: We'll do a couple more because what we're actually doing, let's pull back the curt I'm actually going to be recording a chat with the one Steve Bloom as well, So we'll do a couple more questions and we'll start preparing for that little fun conversation. So this one here at Jenny dot Butler ninety five. With the rise of social media and voice actors gaining more acknowledgment, do you ever find yourself now getting more recognized in public?
Speaker 2: A bit a bit, you know, I it's I Sometimes I'm I don't know what to think because I'll be walking through the mall or and then you don't know, and I'm trying to think was it like this ten years ago, twenty years ago? Because you'll be walking along and someone will just walking along. Somebody looks at you, then they look away, then they look back, then they look away, and you can see them thinking. Then they look back and they kind of give you a smile and I go okay, and I go, you know, and they go And you could tell that they that they recognize me from who you know from from here probably or another podcast? Who Knows an appearance a lot of cameos these days. That's a lot of cameos, so you know, I guess, and a lot of appearances at comic cons. You know that a lot of times the local TV stations will be there and they always seem.
Speaker 3: To find in those moments where people are doing double taste, Jim's thinking do they know me? Or do they think I'm very.
Speaker 1: Hay, Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I never worry about this second one, but it's possible that they knew. Yeah, it's a beautiful thing. Yeah, I get a kick out of it.
Speaker 1: It's fun. Nobody goes into voiceover to get recognized.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that though, Chris, you pick one more question and I'll do the same and we'll we got all right.
Speaker 4: This one's from Big Jay Disney too. Oh boy, do you have a favorite Marvel villain? You voice?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't do that many, but Chocker was fun. Chocker was fun, and oh gosh, Hammerhead, I think hammer Hammerhead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there was Youraven Hunter, right, I.
Speaker 1: Believe I was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's the weird thing about a lot of times when when somebody picks up a franchise, they'll have their Spider Man. They're you know, Robot Nick there, doctor Doom, they're mister Fantastic, They're human the thing, you know, and so as a result, you end up like three or four Spider Man out there, you know, three or four. Well, I think I'm the only Shocker so far. But yeah, it just it just works that way. And that's you know whatever. There's real as long as everybody's happy.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: This one here a bit more voice acting, more towards your love of music. This one's from at Violet Crystal Underscore Official. She says, what is your favorite genre of music, Jim.
Speaker 2: Well, that would probably be R and B, R and B afro Cuban jazz, jazz in general, and you know, I was a soul guy, so.
Speaker 3: I was just I was expecting rock and roll for you because of your your history with singing and whatnot. But well, yeah, well that's jazz, more more jazz.
Speaker 2: Well you know, that's that's for listening. But yeah, I mean, I'm saying tons of rock and roll, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was probably that was the first thing I did.
Speaker 2: But actually it was mostly Motown for me when I when I first started singing and playing drums, you know, in the sixties, I was I was thirteen, and me and my buddies there were three there were three of them, there were four piece, and we had we played it let's see Saint Cyril and Methodius back in Youngstown and we played it one of their dances and we knew twelve songs. So we did one set of twelve songs. Then we redid those another time and then and then.
Speaker 1: You could see where this is going.
Speaker 2: So but you know, we got another gig and then we learned about three or four more songs, and next thing you know, we.
Speaker 1: Had a full set. So so it worked out.
Speaker 3: All right, Chris, it just about does half. First that Investory special.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Thanks everybody.
Speaker 4: I want to do one hold a whole, hold the fun Hey, hold on, I want to do one more thing. I want to do one more thing. Since Jim's familiar with this game, I want to do highs and lows. Oh yes, of the podcast experience so far. Let's let's do two each. Two highs and two lows of the podcast experience so far through tuned in with Jim. What are the two highest moments? What are the two lowest moments?
Speaker 3: Necessarily a low moment for me, but it was a stressful moment. I remember being on this is before we had our editor Zach here at the show. Shout out to Zach. I would edit all the podcasts and everything myself. And then I was on a holiday in England visiting my wife's family. And it's two am in the morning and I'm sitting there in my undies editing the podcast in the spare room out in the backyard. In the back I have like a spare little granny flat we call here in Australia. Two am editing the podcast. It had to be up to like four am. And Nicola walks in he goes, what are you doing. I said, I'm ending the podcast. She goes get the bed. I remember that moment, was sitting in my undies and I'm thinking win it an editor. That was a stressful moment. I necessarily had a low moment. I guess when the tech doesn't work. Chris, Chris, Mindy Sterling is our latest episode that went up. You did not have fun doing that one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that was that was yeah, that was That was probably one of my lows too. That was stressful. That was stressful that episode.
Speaker 3: Chris looked stressed.
Speaker 4: I was. You can see it. You can see it in the episode. You can see the sweat glistening off my forehead. No air conditioning in the studio that day. The air conditioning had broken. And we're setting up, and literally right five minutes before I'm done setting up, Mindy calls and she's twenty minutes early. Of course she's professional, and so I had to go and greet her, get her into the room, get her into the studio, and then try and finish setting up while maintaining conversation. And I cannot tell you how stressed I was. You can see it. Watch the Mindy Sterling episode. You can see the sweat on my forehead.
Speaker 3: And the reason you was stressed out is because the cameras kept start working, which is why in that episode there's a lot more of the wide shot as opposed to close ups, because what happens when these cameras go off, they go And I'm sitting there during the podcast, chatting the media. I'm here, did did you doom?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, poor.
Speaker 4: Chris, And I'm trying to rotate the batteries of remember everything plugged in.
Speaker 3: It was I mean, I was slightly laughing inside, but also feeling so sorryful.
Speaker 4: I'll follow up that one with another low, which is not necessarily low. These are more just like you know, speed bumps in the process. And it was coming back from So we were in Belgium last year. Jim's the voice of Tomorrowland. Jim's the announcer voice of Tomorrowland, one of the biggest concerts in the world, festivals.
Speaker 3: Not the theme park, the music festival. Yeah, yeah, but he's also the voice of Tomorrowland as well.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, And we did a couple of podcasts with some of the artists out there and coming back we had gone to Italy. We had gone to Italy, before we came back to Florida and in Italy it was a big, big ruckus you know, big cluster, you know what. And they ended up losing all of the podcast gear, all of the e I lost all of the podcast gear and we had, I mean Tampa Bay last year. We did probably seven or eight podcasts in that one weekend and so landing in Tampa Bay, had to go and literally re buy all of the equipment. I'm talking a couple of bucks, synthesizer, yeah, audio cables, microphones, everye on tape so now everything, tripods, all of that.
Speaker 1: It's a top flight operation, are folks.
Speaker 4: Didn't get the podcast equipment back for another nearly three weeks. So that was that. That was stressful. That was stressful. That was That was not something I want to go through again.
Speaker 1: That was that was non fun. Yeah, that that was one of That was my low that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Tell them at the time you got arrested trying to set up a podcast gdo at a con.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Yes, we're at a convention and I think this was Tampa Bay again. This was Tampa Bay again. Was in Tampa Bay again, and they told me to set up this they said. They told me there was an empty room downstairs in the convention center. And these convention centers are are massive, like massive. Even with fifty thousand people, there's still plenty of rooms of spare and they tell me to go set up downstairs. So I go and they are like, okay, yeah, room three oh seven or whatever it is. I go. I set up down there. We do a podcast down there, and we did it with oh, shoot, one of the Disney princesses. I think it was sweet Lady Linda, Linda Larkin. Yeah, with Linda Larkin. We do one great. Everything goes well, and the security in the morning, I go into the room and the room's locked. Usually they have it, you know, so they give us a key. They locked the room so that all the equipment's safe and everything like that. Go in the morning and I'm setting up for the next next podcast and one of the convention owners comes over, not even convention owners, convention security comes over and is like, oh, you can't use this room. And we're like, oh, okay, so we'll move it all out. No problem. We were told to use this room. They're like, oh, sorry for the confusion. Long story short, go and they tell us to set up in another room, like right across the hallway. So go set up in there, set up in there, get everything all set up, and we're about to have the lady from Sabrina the teenage Witch, Almissa John Hutt No, no, no, no, no, older blonde comedian. Oh yes, really funny, really funny.
Speaker 1: Anyway, yeah, anyway.
Speaker 4: We're about to have her come down. And literally I'm all set up in there. I go upstairs.
Speaker 3: Carlyn right, Carolyn.
Speaker 4: Right, Carolyn right? Yeah, Ca, and uh go up, go up to wrangle everybody. Come down to the studio. I come down to get set up, you know, the last minute touches, and the same lady comes in again and it's like, you can't be in here either, And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, what, these are empty rooms?
Speaker 4: They keep telling us to go to.
Speaker 1: One empty room after another, nothing in there.
Speaker 4: They keep telling these empty rooms nobody.
Speaker 3: Was it the same lady who told you to go to that room?
Speaker 4: Lady? And she says, no, no, okay, now you're now you're being you know, now you're trespassing. Now, I said, how am I trespassing? I'm gonna take down everything, like this is ridiculous. You just told us a camp come in here. Long story short, they really had to get the police. They brought the police onto the convention site and they had them walk me out with all the podcasts. And the kicker is it was ten minutes before the convention even ended, in an empty room that they told us to be in. So that was something, yes, that was that was something.
Speaker 1: I called that the security guard mentality.
Speaker 4: Even the police officers were laughing. They were like, we can't believe we have to deal with this. And I said, I know, I'm sorry for this. If I had understood what they meant by telling me to go to this room, that I never would have come to do. It is what it is. And here we are, and I'm rolling all the all the gear out through the convention center, being escorted by two of finest. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you didn't laugh, you'll cry. So how do you ever been escorted out of somebody to buy the police before?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, nothing worth bragging about, not at a convention.
Speaker 4: Not not quite like that.
Speaker 3: I would have been so startled and nervous walking through everyone's looking at people looking at you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, there was oh yeah, people taking footage.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody Jimmy steps un arrested for chest passing.
Speaker 2: Giving away tuned in T shirts, you know, bumper stickers.
Speaker 3: So wonder the show boomed after that.
Speaker 4: That convention, it was it was so dramatic. It was what was really going on. And the thing that I couldn't understand was they told us to go in that room, so I don't I don't know there there was some miscommunication somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you must be. You must have thought at one point, I'm surely being punked here, right.
Speaker 4: I did, Actually, I really did. I really thought it was a stupid It was so stupid.
Speaker 2: But it's like trying to play chess with a chimp, but just waste your time and pisses off the chimp.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was a bit of fun. What what would have been the highs though? So that was that was a the lows, one of the highs, A lot of them, huh. I mean I've already touched you know, speaking to some legends of our youth, Chris. That's that's been amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. One of the highs for me, was one of the highs for me was when we recorded at the at the W and Hollywood. We had that day was We had Ron Pearlman and Zachary Levi both that day and everything. They were so hospitable there and everything just went like exactly according to plan. That was one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Venus that had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then having Zachary Levi sing the Dark Wing Duck song because I knew it word for word and I was like, man, oh yeah, I love this guy.
Speaker 4: Loved loved his energy. Yeah, great, loved his energy. Great guy. Same same thing with Ron Pearlman. Yeah, and yeah, that was just like a really busy like we had. We had a really busy week that week, and it felt really good to it felt really good to get like, you know, some of our biggest guests yet in that place and have it go so seamlessly and really you know, just flow through and everything. And and they sent us the hotel themselves, even when they saw Ron Pearlman and Zachary Levi and everybody else that we had that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were very forthcoming.
Speaker 4: They sent us a bottle of champagne. They were so thrilled to even have the guests in the hotel, you know. And so we're working negotiating some things with them to make that maybe one of our main locations that we film at because it was just a great experience and and everything went smooth as butter to that. Yeah, smooth as butter to that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's air conditioning in that room too.
Speaker 4: So yes, that helped.
Speaker 1: Depending on the month.
Speaker 3: I will say some of my favorite moments in the podcast, just before we wrap up, are when the camera is on Chris and all of a sudden, you'll say, Bill Farmer us walking in the background, just opened the door, and He's just like, oh, close the door again. I think there's moments where this the next guest just sort of pops the head and pops them guys again.
Speaker 4: Well, because we got to do it because of Jim's schedule. You know, everything's so busy that you know, we kind of have to stack up. And I'd love to know like how many how many podcasts in a day like somebody like Joe Rogan does, because I mean, you know, we're not quite at Joe Rogan, but I mean it feels like such a machine already, you know, of just moving people through. And you know, Jim, you were on Adam Carolla, you know, and I had the pleasure of sitting sitting in on that one and you know, they're a machine as well and just cycling people through and you know, and you know, it's not to say that there's there's no it's not heartfelt. You know, they do their research, they know who the people are as much as we do, if you know. But it's it's something that I really admire when everything just goes according to plan and everything's you know, starting to move like a well oiled machine. That's one of my highs of the podcast is when because you know, we take the podcast on the road and there's a lot of logistics involved. You know, there's a lot of organizing and you know, we can be organizing one guest while you know, researching another and trying to book another and trying to find somewhere you know, logistically to set up exactly. And it's it's a lot of a lot of moving parts, but we've been grateful that it it's worked out ninety nine percent of the time.
Speaker 3: I think the goal for this year would maybe try to get some sort of location, like you said, where it's always at the same place the stuff is going to be set up. You know it's going to be there. You don't have to keep lugging gee to and Front.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would be a new studio just recently that I think we're I like it predisposed to. It's a really nice one and you know they have a lot.
Speaker 1: Of from people California anyway.
Speaker 4: That's another thing too, you know, meeting people on the road. Not everybody lives in LA. Most people live in LA. But as far as this industry goes.
Speaker 1: But hey, we travel, Yeah, we get around.
Speaker 3: Now We've going to chat to mister Steve Bloom about fifteen minutes. We better wrap this one up. What do you act?
Speaker 1: I think we should wrap this up and move on.
Speaker 3: Fun though, Yeah, so our I want to call it out eighteen month anniversary. It's what it feels like, really, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's just nice not quite eighteen months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just been nice and reminisce about the show.
Speaker 2: Not fourteen months, but it feels like thirteen and a half because it went so quick.
Speaker 3: A lot of effort goes into this show. So if you can't support us on Patreon, we're gonna be putting a lot of more exclusive content up in the next coming weeks. Like we said, we're gonna be working on a Winning the Poo exclusive podcast on there, which I know would be a lot of fun. Jim and Margaret may start their own podcast, and we want to hear from you guys as well. See the comment blow in the video or send us a message to Jim Cummings mail bag at gmail dot coment love to hear from you some thoughts of some Patreon exclusive content. Of course already on there, we have the Commings commentaries. We went back and revisited some of the Disney Afternoon shows. We did some commentaries on there us just as exclusive. Q and A's on there as well. A whole lot of fun because it show for as little as two dollars per month via the link in the description of this podcast. But Chris, thank you for your time.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and I just want to say to everybody watching, thank you so much for supporting us. And we are almost at ninety thousand, and we want to be at one hundred thousand by the end of the year. We want a little Christmas gift on New Year's gift, so thank you so much for subscribing. And when we get that plaque, you guys are going to be right that's right right on the wall behind us, because you guys are all a part of this show. Turning seriously, what that plaque says, it's not just it's not a braggadocious thing. It's all of you who are watching right now that are subscribed. We want to include you visually in this whole podcast because you, guys are the ones that make it happen. You know, all your support, all your intentivity, everything like that, it's all because of you, guys that this is happening. So thank you so much for the support. We really appreciate it, and we really want to see that in the new year.
Speaker 2: And without you or just three guys, yeah run away. So thanks for coming. By God bless each and every one of you. Stay tuned and I mean that like with you know, tuned in you get the idea.
Speaker 1: I never mind, Thanks guys,