Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Chris Maryelam six forty more stimulating talk. I asked the question in a tweet last eight elon must challenging Vladimir Putin of physical combat.
Speaker 3: Here's what he said on his X format.
Speaker 2: I literally challenged Putin to one on one physical combat over Ukraine. And my starlink system is the backbone of the Ukrainian army. Their entire front line would collapse if I turned it off. What I am sickened by is years of slaughter in a steelmate that Ukraine will inevitably lose. Anyone who really cares, really thinks, and really understands wants the meat grinder to.
Speaker 3: Stop peace now.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like he's he's saying, let's have a one on one physical combat over Ukraine.
Speaker 3: I don't think that Ukraine agreed to that.
Speaker 4: Does he support Ukraine?
Speaker 5: Because he also said if I turn it off, they will lose that advantage, right.
Speaker 2: Which makes me wonder is he threatening Ukraine or is he saying, uh, Putin fight me and if you lose, your out and if I lose, I'll shut off their internet and their toast and we'll end this war. That's the way I took it. So I asked you the question who would win? And if you're on the iHeartRadio app, then you can hit the talk back button.
Speaker 3: Who would win? Musk or Putin?
Speaker 6: Musk versus Putin fight. Putin would win. He'd bring the umbrella with the rice and pellet. Oh yeah, Musk and the thigh and Musk will be dead. Putin wins.
Speaker 3: Yep, the old navalney treatment, right.
Speaker 4: Is that KGB training him telling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's what you're talking KGB rules. Yes, okay, very good, all right?
Speaker 3: How about you?
Speaker 7: As far as who would win with between Vladimir Putin and Elon Musk, I think Putin would do pretty well. He is an Olympic champion in judo. Oh and you know that's that's saying something. And I think that.
Speaker 3: That is saying something. Yeah, you do see.
Speaker 7: Videotapes of him from time to time practicing his judo. So I think I would have to give the edge to Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 5: All right, that is that is correct. He is a black belt in Olympic judo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So again, why does Elon Musk keep trying to say he wants to fight people because he doesn't. He did this to Zuckerberg and then he's like, oh, I you know what, I I pulled a hammy. We're gonna have to delay this. I can't do it right now, maybe maybe later, because Zuckerberg is like, okay, I mean, Zuckerberg trains his physical fitness.
Speaker 3: Is what is it?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's karate, It might be Judo, whatever it is something, whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Now that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, but okay.
Speaker 2: So Zuckerberg serfs now is being like Elon Musk challenging challenge him to a surfing contest?
Speaker 3: Like, stop challenging.
Speaker 2: People the things that they're good at, right, Eli, Why don't you challenge Putin to like a rocket building contest? Were you just breaking down to like legos or something. Don't challenge him to things he's good at. That would be like challenging Vladimir Putin to horseback riding topless.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna win that.
Speaker 8: Right next, Oh my god, I have a response to another sports analogy.
Speaker 3: I love sports analogies.
Speaker 9: That that broad James got hurt, got a fat lip.
Speaker 8: Huh so no, I'm on the chapsicle heal that snails trail. Huh oh, well, I thought, I was you get kicked between.
Speaker 4: The legs and you're abroad.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was a lot of really dirty talking there. I have no idea what how to do with so okay, all right, very good, all right, all right, one more?
Speaker 3: Is this one good? Matt?
Speaker 2: Matt says, all right, all right, Matt's in for Kayla this week, I try to get killed fired.
Speaker 3: By the way, did you hear about this, Andrew?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was in the group text.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was trying to get to Kayla.
Speaker 2: Our producer fired because she's taking another day off, and so I asked the executive producer, I said, can we just fire her? But I made sure to carbon copy her on it too, and she said, no, You're stuck with me.
Speaker 4: Transparency is very important.
Speaker 2: It is thank you, all right. Finally, who would win? Musk versus putin? Moose and squirrel?
Speaker 3: Agree? Put them would win?
Speaker 4: He was tough and hair.
Speaker 2: Was he Scottish or Russian or maybe Paul? I have no idea what it sounded like me trying to do an accent? Right, just kind of changes mid phrase, kind of weaves its way around all of Europe into Eastern Asia. Yep, all of it. Much respect for that one.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate Musin's world reference. Very good.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll continue to get more of your talkbacks throughout the evening here. Who would win Elon Musk versus Vladimir Putin Musk challenge?
Speaker 3: Pootin bad idea.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, also in DC, some dude decides I think I'm going to take.
Speaker 3: A gun to the White House. That never ends. Well, we do want to get to some breaking news in Washington, d C.
Speaker 10: A Secret Service member has shot an armed man in a confrontation near the White House. Police had reported a suicidal individual, possibly traveling to DC from Indiana. He was found near the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, which is next to the White House. Police say he revealed a weapon and that's when Secret Service members shot him. He was taken to the hospital, where his condition is unknown at this time. President Trump has been in Florida all weekend.
Speaker 2: No I thought he was ded. No, no confirmation on that. Is he not dead? The guy was suicidal. I've heard of suicide by cop. I don't think I've ever heard of suicide by secret Service. That's interesting. That's a new twist on an old game. What else was happening in the White House? Oh, it was a hell of a week in the White House. Marco Rubio was told sit down by Elon Musk. I would love to see Rubio challenge Elon Musk to a fight. Maybe we could work out some sort of a royal rumble situation where Elon Musk and Vladimir Putins start and then two minutes in Rubio comes in. Just every two minutes we bring in another cabinet member or another KGB member or Zelenski in there, and then at the end, I don't know, just playing it out my head.
Speaker 11: President Trump reigning in Elon Musk and his DOGE capabilities behind closed doors this week, amid confusion in Washington about all the cuts being made so far. In a social media post following Thursday's meeting, the President saying he wants the Cabinet to work hand in hand with DOGE on their staffing and spending, but final decisions will be up to the department leaders, despite Trump ending the post by saying, quote, the relationships between everybody in the room are extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Whoops, And I was bored with that hold on go Ba. That was pretty good. I was trying to open another file.
Speaker 11: Extraordinary reports soon emerged about a couple of back and forths between Musk and a few cabinet members, the most fiery being with Secretary of State Marco Rubio. The New York Times reporting the meeting was explosive, with Musk and Rubio getting into it over government cuts. Musk chastising Rubio for not having fired anyone yet from the State Department. Rubio responding by saying, that's not true, questioning Musk on whether the fifteen hundred plus who took buyouts counted towards the layoffs.
Speaker 3: Musk, what are the hold on? Hang on?
Speaker 2: So Musk says you you haven't even fired anybody, and Rubio goes, wait, what about the people that took biots? Does that count? Does that count? Because if that counts, then I did. But if it doesn't count, then then I guess I probably haven't. But what are we counting here?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Marco Rubio was the sixth grader who got into a fight after school, but before the fight started, he wanted to lay out ground rules like, Okay, there's.
Speaker 3: No biting and no choking. Guys.
Speaker 2: No, you guys were choking last time, and there's no choking allowed, guys.
Speaker 4: So I do want to mention something else too.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is an own fact because Elon has been open about this. I think he was open about this when he hosted SNL a year or two ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does have aspergers yea.
Speaker 5: So, and then some of the things when we talk about aspergers, especially in political situations, logical and fact focus, approach, blunt, bluntness and directness, very black and white thinking.
Speaker 4: And when you think about this, is Mark.
Speaker 3: Rubio arguing about the rules.
Speaker 2: It's not even Elon musk right, and and Elon's response was you need to sit down right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's it's interesting because when you think of it, like Elon appears to take things very literal in politics, are so many layers, right, nothing is ever black and white. So I suspect that's why we keep seeing these tensions happen is because of Elon's approach, just because that's who we naturally. He probably runs his businesses that way too, versus the political arena, which completely operates completely different.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's all on nuance.
Speaker 2: Except Marco Rubio is arguing with him over the specifics of did I fire someone or not, and Elon Musk was the least on the spectrum during that argument.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 11: Musk then got in a jab at Rubio, saying he was quote good on TV before President Trump got involved to defend Rubio's work, The wine House and the President have since been downplaying the reported spat, saying the two men get along great, No.
Speaker 3: Clash I was there.
Speaker 4: You're just in trouble maker, and you're not.
Speaker 8: Supposed to be asking that question because we're talking.
Speaker 3: About the World Cup.
Speaker 6: Elon gets along great with Marco and they're both doing a fantastic job.
Speaker 3: There is no clash.
Speaker 2: You hear that, you're not supposed to be asking that question. Trump was talking about the World Cup. He was not talking about the clash in the White House. In other words, Trump chose the topic and somebody else tried to deflect and say there's something else worth talking about.
Speaker 3: You're not allowed to do that from the talkbacks.
Speaker 9: Hey, Marylyn, there's plenty to talk about instead of the stupid hypothetical you got going on. Well, why don't you talk about Maxine Waters and the money she's funneling to her daughter or is that too close to home?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 9: You know, you got your orders too?
Speaker 4: Is something you want to tell us? Chris.
Speaker 2: First of all, you're not even supposed to be asking that question. We're not even talking about that right now. We're talking about Little Marco and Ellie and the robot.
Speaker 3: We're not even talking about We're.
Speaker 2: Not even talking about Maxine Waters, not even talking about that.
Speaker 3: But do I have marching orders? Yes, of course.
Speaker 2: And if I say Maxine Water's name anymore, then I will get a phone call and I end up in a black van. And I cried for a week the last time I got picked up on the black van, So I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Take that risk again.
Speaker 4: We also talked about that in the group text.
Speaker 2: Nope, No, we didn't. Nope, we didn't do that at all. Shut up, Andrew. I've got my orders, I know, all right. One of the other things that Donald Trump did talk about this week is something that we're all lamenting today and will really hate tomorrow. That's next. Chris Merril AM six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeart Radio AFP.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Chris merrel i AM six forty more stimulating talk and it tweet last ninety line Musk challenging Vladimir Putin to physical combat. Winner takes Ukraine? I guess who would win? Musk or Putin? Looking forward to your talkbacks. Just if you're on the iHeart radio app, just open their talkback, hit the button and love to hear what your thoughts are on that Musk v Putin?
Speaker 3: For all of Ukraine? Who wins that one?
Speaker 2: The President is sick and tired of something We're all sick and tired of. We're so oh sick and tired of it. We voted to stop it, but the politicians have not done squat and.
Speaker 12: A true social post. Trump says his party would try to end the practice. He wrote, quote, daylight saving time is inconvenient and costly to our nation. Setting clocks forward and back one hour is intended to maximize daylight during summer months, but it has long been subject to scrutiny. You may ask, didn't Californians vote on this?
Speaker 3: Didn't Californians vote on this? Well?
Speaker 12: Yes, voters passed Prop seven back in twenty eighteen. However, years later, lawmakers still can't seem to agree on whether we should keep daylight saving time all year long. No or abolish the whole thing altogether. Yes, so they've kept its status quo for now, which means we still change our clocks.
Speaker 3: All right. So there it is. We're still going to do this little dance. You know.
Speaker 5: Somebody asked Trump this last week about that, you know, and and he took the he took the middle of the road response. Where a hard look at that. Yeah, some people like it, some people don't. Some people some people like to drive their kids to school in the morning when there's light. I don't know anyone who is like pro keeping it. I would really like to meet them. I've never met anyone that's pro keeping.
Speaker 3: It to change you meet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The argument is always do we stay with do we stay in standard time, or do we stay in the daylight time. So we just went back into daylight saving time, which is the longest time of the year.
Speaker 3: We do this right from March until right November.
Speaker 5: I oldheartedly believe people would like more light at night time, like across the board.
Speaker 4: It's not even it's not even a question.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with with what people want. I think you're right about what people want. Although old farts like me, you get to a certain age and you start getting up earlier, and then you're like, oh, the sunrise is so nice. Why does anyone need to have that sun out so late? But let me make this argument. While we want that, what is the most productive. In other words, we have this habit of we we sleep as late as.
Speaker 3: We can until you start.
Speaker 2: It's like I hit forty and I started saying, whoo seven o'clock. I really slept in today. But we have this issue where we go, well, I'll sleep and then my if I have to be to work by eight, and it takes me an hour to get there, so I have to leave at seven and I take a ten minute shower. I mean, we back time everything, so we sleep until the last possible second, right, not everybody, and I don't do this, By the way, I like getting up early. I like having I like having a few hours before I have to do anything. Really helps me ease into my day. I also hate alarm clocks. So I'm not speaking I'm not speaking of someone who's pro this, but it's what happens, Okay, I understand this, and we want to be able to enjoy our evenings. To your point, Andrew, we wanted to want that light out later, so we enjoy our evenings. However, our bodies clocks are not that way. Socially, we've adapted to that. We have prime time television, we have our news that comes on at ten pm, right, we have we unless you're on the East coast and it comes out at eleven, so late. We adjusted ourselves socially that is in discord with what our internal clocks want. So while we mentally say I want to have the light out, I want to I want it to be light out later, truthfully, our bodies do not want it to be light out later. We want it to be light earlier. You're gonna disagree with me, but I'm not wrong. I'm right about it physiologically. The other thing, too, is if we're going to stick to one, and I would to me, you go to standard time. But even sticking in the daylight saving time year round would be better than doing the stupid dance that we're doing all the time. It always confused me as a kid, why are we doing this? And my parents would explain it to me it's for the farmers. It's not, and then people say it's for energy savings. It really doesn't save us any energy.
Speaker 3: Now. There's really no good reason.
Speaker 2: To keep doing it except that we've been doing it for the last fifty plus years.
Speaker 3: So people are just used to it. Now change it, just be done with it.
Speaker 2: Just you're doing a bunch of radical stuff in Washington right now. You're eliminating Department of Education. It's been around fifty years. We're laying people off left and right. We're doging people all over the place. Doge has become a verb. Now we're doging people. We are changing, we're disrupting. This is an easy one to disrupt. Everyone agrees it sucks. As Andrews said, nobody wants it. Daylight saving time is better for productivity, it's better for our bodies, it's better for all that stuff. However, just not changing at all would be better than the system that we have, even if it is.
Speaker 3: The lesser of those two options. What do you think about that.
Speaker 4: Andrew, Just not changing it at all.
Speaker 3: Don't change the clock at all.
Speaker 2: In other words, get rid of get rid of this dance that we're doing, even if it's to DST permanently, which would effectively mean that we're joining the Mountain time zone.
Speaker 4: Let's let's join. No sign me up.
Speaker 3: As long as.
Speaker 2: Mountain joins, the Central, Central joins, the Eastern, and Eastern joins the.
Speaker 4: I want to I want to watch my Colbert an hour early. Let's join.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't know Colbar is still gonna be on later. Oh it's gonna be too late. Yeah, No, everybody's just gonna change it. Yeah. Absolutely. How about a hot Mike Johnson that feels like something from Urban Dictionary. Indeed, maybe it will be. You'll find out about a hot Mike Johnson. Next Chris merrilf I am six quarter. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: After Chris Merril, can't if I am six to forty more stimulating talk.
Speaker 3: Let's see where were we last week at this time? Was this? Was this? This was four thirty last week? Right man? Look at all that sunshine? Yeah, just the way Andrew likes it.
Speaker 4: Perfect. I can love that.
Speaker 2: I can see so where my wife goes in the summer. We've got a place in northern Michigan, and it changes because it's so much further north. The amount of light that gets added every month is remarkable. It's like the month of March will add eighty minutes of light to the day, and so in the uh in July, and I'll be there for the fourth of July. You know, when you get to the log, what is it the first day of summer, the summer for the solstice, the summer solstice, it's still light at about ten thirty. The fireworks don't start for the fourth of July until almost a lessven o'clock because it's still still light out. So that's part of my a grievance against that. I guess that I grew up with it was too late, it was too light, too late.
Speaker 3: I did not like that.
Speaker 2: So because we talked about daylight saving time, the President says he's looking into it.
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't like it. A lot of people say that there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of sunlight, a lot of sunlight in the summertime. They want to pick some of that sunlight put it in the winter time. We're trying to figure out how to best do that, but we're definitely looking into it. It's gonna be a big It's gonna be huge. Let me see your thoughts on this.
Speaker 13: You're right, Chris, no good or reason.
Speaker 3: Is this their stoner dude, Andrew what's his name?
Speaker 4: Did he put his name down?
Speaker 3: No, he's always I just I love this guy.
Speaker 2: Oftentimes he'll tell us at the end how much he's he's choked on today.
Speaker 13: You're right, Chris, no good or reason. Yeah, I heard they had double daylight savings time during World War two?
Speaker 3: Is actually that one out?
Speaker 13: I think anyone really cares which way we go, just so we don't change anymore, or as you were saying, no more doing this dance.
Speaker 3: That's right, man, All right, Happy Sunday guys, Thanks buddy, appreciate that. All right, it's that bong for us, my friend.
Speaker 2: We had the President spoke this week and it was one of those joint sessions. It was not a State of the Union address, or don't call it that, but I guess JD. Vance, who was sitting behind President Trump next to Speaker of the House Mike Johnson. They were conversing right before things were getting underway, and Vance.
Speaker 3: Was trying to.
Speaker 2: Sound I don't know, topical, friendly, affable, trying to meet Mike Johnson on something that he could relate to.
Speaker 3: But I don't get the feeling that.
Speaker 2: Mike Johnson is the most socially adept person either that people will mock jd Vance for for some of his social awkwardness. But let's not pretend like Mike Johnson is like he's not Tom Hanks. Okay, he's not out there making friends with the strangers. It ain't happening, all right. So this was the hot mic moment. Kind of tough to hear.
Speaker 3: Because there's a lot of backgroundways have a listener. By the way I get the speech is going to be great. Can you hear that?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, sounds fine.
Speaker 3: Okay, by the way I hit the speech, it's gonna be great. I don't know how to do this for exments. The hardest thing was doing it during by when this speech was.
Speaker 2: A stupid campaign Okay, so he said, I don't know how you do this for ninety minutes. He said, the hardest thing van excuse me, Johnson said the hardest thing was doing it during Biden when it was ninety minutes of a campaign speech.
Speaker 3: Let the record show all.
Speaker 2: Joint sessions have turned into campaign speeches and have been that way for by the time we started daily saving, actually fifty years ago. So yeah, yeah, don't try to tell me that one side makes it a campaign speech and the other one doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's miserable.
Speaker 2: It's why I shouldn't even say this, because it's my job to pay attention to this crap.
Speaker 3: I didn't. In fact, I was wrapping up for the evening.
Speaker 2: I was putting on my pjas and I came out of the bathroom and my wife had the speech on.
Speaker 3: My wife and my son, my son is twenty five.
Speaker 2: They were watching the speech and I said, can we watch something else?
Speaker 3: And she said, why don't you go in the other room. We want to see this, And I go.
Speaker 2: The last thing I want to do is watch any more politics because there will be nothing new gleaned from this. And you know what, you know what, there was nothing new gleaned from this, So I regret nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Trump had a couple of singers in there.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, this is no. But I can't with you.
Speaker 2: I can't with you. I just I can't with you. H Are those astronauts still up in the space station? Are they still stuck up there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're just hanging m It's like it's like the It's like the space version of Gilligan's Island.
Speaker 3: Why did Biden leave them up there?
Speaker 2: Is he just is he trying to make the rest of the country pay attention to their slow motion deaths?
Speaker 3: Is that what we're doing?
Speaker 4: Maybe he forgot it is just like, oh that could be.
Speaker 2: Oh are these astronauts kind of our version of of Latka the Russian dog that they just left up there?
Speaker 3: Is that what it is? Really?
Speaker 13: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Probably not gonna bring it back down.
Speaker 2: H Fortunately we now have a president who is going to do something about it.
Speaker 4: Many many years and decades yet, Peter, did you have one more?
Speaker 2: Yeah's two Starliner astronauts stuck in space for eight months? Oh boy, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, President Trump. Can you speak on your bunions? Oh yeah, President Trump. Are you having any symptoms of appendicitis?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: President Trump? Any thoughts on the grandkids?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Very good? Continue on.
Speaker 1: They left them alone, Biden left him up there.
Speaker 3: What do you know about that? I know everything about it.
Speaker 6: I said, do we have two astronets that are stuck in space?
Speaker 3: I have asked Elon? I said, do me a favor. Can you get him out? He said yes, he is preparing to go up.
Speaker 4: I think in two weeks about how this went.
Speaker 2: Down, because he's said that the Biden White House was offered some kind of SpaceX rocky to go get.
Speaker 3: These guys, and they said, that's what I heard.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you that, but that's what I heard.
Speaker 2: So Peter Noosey Fox News says that Elon Musk claims that he offered Joe Biden a SpaceX rocket to bring them down, but he declined.
Speaker 3: Andrew, can you just refresh my memory on this from a news team point.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's what he's saying, right, I mean, there's there's no record. I would be very interesting to see if that is actually legit, because that would be horrible if it is true.
Speaker 2: No, the plan all along was we have to we have to get this window, and we're gonna have a SpaceX rocket go get them. Because remember it was the Boeing ship that kept having problems with like screws coming loose, and so it was said, all right, Mosca is gonna go get them with one of his rockets, but we have to get the right rockets up there.
Speaker 3: He's constantly shooting off rockets. We know this.
Speaker 2: We see the streaks across the sky. But those are those are rockets to launch satellites. Those are not rockets for bringing a crew back on. So yeah, I don't know where the hole he turned him down thing came from. I don't think there's any record of that at all.
Speaker 5: But you know, if if this happens in two weeks, like Trump is saying, and Elon gets them and they're you know, back here in three weeks, yep, and that becomes what is explained in the news and stuff. No one's going to go back and do the research because so much time has passed. People are just going to assume that's gospel.
Speaker 2: Why I just assume it's gospel anyway. I mean, it's the President of the United States saying that, it's the not official head of DOGE saying that, so there is no reason to check facts on such things. When we have the most transparent White House in the history of American history historically speaking, we don't do that.
Speaker 5: It does make you wonder, though, why this hasn't been a priority. I mean eight days and it's been over eight months now, like it You know, to me, it would seem like an issue.
Speaker 3: But especially if you're one of the astronauts.
Speaker 4: But I'm not the government, so maybe I'm missing something here.
Speaker 3: Although we don't know what's going on with those astronauts either.
Speaker 2: For instance, if I were stranded someplace and couldn't come back and couldn't communicate with my family, they would probably call my wife and they would say, we're doing everything we can to get him back, and my wife would say, you know what, take your time.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: You know what, maybe I double checked the math on that. If he has to be off for another couple of months, that's fine, that's okay. We just had a new firefighter move next door. I'm just gonna go bake him a castle. Role It's okay. Chris is fine up there. I'm sure he's got tang He's gonna be okay. So, I mean, we don't know what's going on in their world that could be happening. We have exceptional prices. Call dang it, who wrote this headline?
Speaker 4: Caravella?
Speaker 2: Did you write my headline about exceptional prices? That's the kind of crap I do not accept. It is excellent, but no, stop dad gumt. All right, we're gonna get to the bottom of why eggs are so expensive. And it's not the bird flu. Unless it's the bird flu, we'll find out next Chris merril k I AM six forty were live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six demand, Chris.
Speaker 2: Merril KFI AM sixty on demand anytime in the iHeart Radio app. All right, and I tweet Last night Elon Musk challenged Vladimir Putin to a physical combat.
Speaker 3: Winner takes Ukraine. I guess Musk.
Speaker 2: Said that he could shut off starlink to the Ukrainian military. Even if he did that, they would be toast. So I don't know if he's I don't know what's going on in his mind. He thinks he's gonna fight Vladimir Putin, former KGB agent, Olympic judo black belt guy. But Musk says we could fight. So the question I'm talk back if you're on the iHeart Radio app, who wins? Who would win that fight? Elon Musk or Vladimir Putin? And remember this is not the first time that Musk has challenged someone to fisticuffs. He also challenged Mark Zuckerberg. So it could happened, Man, it could happen. What else were we talking about here? Gang talking about the daily saving time earlier? Yeah, we were Okay, more from the talkback.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, love the show. Random thought on the time change. Since we can't agree, but we can all agree that we love more sunlight, we should fall forward and spring back. Seeing is that we're in the northern hemisphere. We can get longer days in the fall and winter when it's usually darker, and a little bit less in the spring summer when it's lighter outside.
Speaker 3: Win, win for everybody.
Speaker 2: What do you think, No, no, but there there would be a bit of an advantage to that.
Speaker 3: Hang on, I have to do some of the math in my head here. I think, Yeah.
Speaker 2: If we could get home from work an hour earlier in the summer, then we wouldn't have the strain on the power grid because we have solar you know, solar supplements the power grid. If I'm doing my math right on this, then we would have we would have more power available to run our air conditioners when we get home from work, but we'd still have to shut them off later on. But we could prequel while we're there. That's the closest I got on that one. I'm not saying it's a good reason. I'm just saying it's another thing to think of.
Speaker 3: Just don't at me. Don't at me on this right? What else I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Chris who has more loose screws biting or boweling?
Speaker 8: Oly enough?
Speaker 3: They won't start with a b.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put you in the race there, but yeah, both of them, lots of screws, loos loose, no doubt. Uh. You go to the grocery store and you see that eggs are expensive, and for some reason, I don't know what's wrong with us, there's a psychological condition and I'm not sure what it is, but we know that the price of eggs is sky high, so high that the average cost of a dozen of eggs a dozen eggs is higher than what we pay for it. Because grocery stores have decided to make eggs lost leaders. So they are deep discounting, really deeply discounting eggs. They're not losing a ton on this. But it's supposed to bring you in because as these things are so dag I'm expensive, we're.
Speaker 3: Buying them out eggs or so.
Speaker 2: Can you believe the toilet paper? I get I get that because we got you got your tush.
Speaker 3: But with the.
Speaker 4: Eggs, eat something else?
Speaker 2: Oh I can't possibly eat anything else? Eat something else? Maybe try cereal for breakfast?
Speaker 3: Oh how could we? I have to have eggs? Yikes?
Speaker 2: So what's happening with the egg prices? Are they coming down? Or are we just gonna keep getting hosed?
Speaker 14: Well, the cost of eggs is finally going down.
Speaker 4: The USDAT whoops from maybec seven.
Speaker 14: THEA shows the average price for a dozen eggs across southern California is down eighty seven cents since last week. Now at nine forty a cardon the US Apartment A cardon forty a carden?
Speaker 3: Say again, how much is that? Did you get?
Speaker 14: Now at nine to forty a carden?
Speaker 3: Huh? All right, no exactly what that is? But all right?
Speaker 14: The US Apartment of Justice is now launching an investigation into the country's largest egg producer.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't smoke. How much is a cardin of smokes?
Speaker 2: Raoul?
Speaker 3: Do you know? I don't even know if you smoke? No, not at all. No, how much is a carden of smokes? Right? Now? Are eggs more expensive than smokes? I know?
Speaker 2: Again lost leaders on the on the eggs, But oh no that the cigarettes are like thirty five dollars or something a carton over right or more?
Speaker 3: I don't have any idea. Hold on, let me bring this. How much is a carden of cigarettes?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me see here. Oh, between thirty and sixty dollars. We're not even close, Are you kidding? Oh my gosh, eat your omelets, people, quit your.
Speaker 14: The US Apartment of Justice is now launching an investigation into the country's largest egg producer. Some are now accusing the company of a coordinated efforts to restrict supply and inflate prices.
Speaker 2: What that never happens every time there's a supply issue. What I can't believe someone would take a news story, a legitimate reason for there to be a supply issue, and then try to turn it to their advantage in order to drive up their profits.
Speaker 14: That's what the egg industry says. The worst bird flu outbreak in US history has forced them to kill tens of millions of hens, leading to the egg surcharge and empty shelves. Even with prices coming down, many small businesses are worried that they're going to have to raise prices.
Speaker 2: If things hold up at this price, I'll pay seventy thousand dollars more for eggs than I did last year.
Speaker 3: They can't just.
Speaker 2: Absorb by the way that's a small business. That's not just some guy who loves eggs.
Speaker 4: They can't just absorb that hit for in the next nine months.
Speaker 3: No, that's true. That's true. You're going to have to put on your search arges. You have to. I get it.
Speaker 14: The profits for the country's largest egg producer, Calmane, surge three hundred and forty two percent last quarter compared to a year ago. In twenty twenty three, a jury ordered Calmane and three other companies to pay fifty three million dollars for unlawfully inflating prices. What the companies are challenging that verdict?
Speaker 2: You mean a company with a history of doing this might be doing it.
Speaker 15: That blows my mind. I can't believe something like this would definitely happen that the first chance they got. All right, you saw the news this week about Gene Hackman. It is terrible, which is why I got into an argument with one of our newspeople over it. It's not how most of us would do it, but he made a compelling argument for why Gene Hackman wandered around his wife's corpse for a week without anybody else noticing. That is next, as we take a look there's no business.
Speaker 4: Like shell visess that.
Speaker 3: That live or is that memory can.
Speaker 4: Show visits. Well done.
Speaker 2: Kf I AM six forty WeLive everywhere in the iHeartRadio app, kf I AM six forty on demand