Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio. Well, we have talked about suicide for the last hour or so, and I'm going to finish by not talking about suicide. It's interesting, I think every night when I do this program called Nightside, it's a little bit of a social experiment for me to try to figure out what people want to talk about. So I'll give you a couple of options here as we finish our last twenty minutes, I'll give you an option of open lines. If you'd like whatever subject you'd like to talk about, bring it up. That's fine. But I want to ask some questions about this latest suspect, the guy who's been arrested for the alleged assassination attempt. Then I think it was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump on Sunday, And the questions that I have is how long is it going to for our agencies, including Secret Service and the FBI, to come up with a picture that they're going to present to the American people. What we know about the guy, his name is Ryan Roathrout, fifty eight years of age. This is not a twenty year old kid like the kid in Butler Pennsylvania. The twenty year old kid himself is pretty suspicious because he had these abilities I guess through the Internet link with people in other parts of the world, and I guess the CIA, the FBI has not been able to crack the code on him. It's been two months now as to whether or not he was working with any sort of a foreign government or individuals from a foreign government. So that's number one. But this dude, the guy yesterday of the weekend on Sunday, he's out there for twelve hours. Now. I think you've all seen pictures of this, and all of us have passed by golf courses in Massachusetts and you can you know you're going by a golf course and you know, hell, that's a golf course. Look at that. Very nice. But the Marlago golf course has all of these privets, these trees, a chain link fence. But somehow he spent twelve hours there. This guy, who apparently hasn't worked anywhere I mean that I know of or that has been reported, moved to Hawaii in twenty eighteen, so all of these questions, and then he was in in Ukraine, in Kiev. I guess at least two trips, maybe more protesting in Washington, d C. Long criminal record. A retired police officer go to The New York Times pulled them over in twenty two, thousand and two recall shouting show me your hands. As this officer, a female officer, I got close to his pickup, she saw him reaching into a Duffel bag which had a gun inside. Though this guy, this guy has quite a background. The traffic scop led to an arm standoff and a conviction for him. For this guy, mister Ruth, on charge of possessing a weapon of mass death and destruction an explosive device. This is all in the New York Times. The retired police officer, her name is Tracy folk f Ulk. He did never driver's licenses. Investigators suspect that he had an explosive device. So an officer, Tracy Fulk saw him driving near Greensboro Coliseum on a cold day in December twenty two. She pulled them over. As she got close to the small pickup she saw reaching into the Duffel bag, Show me your hands. She retired in twenty seventeen after nearly two decades on the force. She recounted the interview with the New York Times. So this dude has lived amongst us with apparently no means of visible support. I've read nothing about him that he worked in this I don't know where's his money coming from, Who's allowing him to fly to Hawaii? These are the questions that I think definitely need to be asked.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to talk about that, I'd love to talk about it. If you want to talk a little open lines, we'll talk about it. We have about fifteen or sixteen or seventeen minutes left. How long is it going to take Because we have an attention spanning America of about a flea, meaning the general public, we will forget this dude's name. Most of us have forgotten the name of the kid in in July in Butler, Pennsylvania. And why why do we not know? We should know everything about this guy with look, my simple question is how long is it going to take us to figure out what was who was supporting him? Okay, this this guy was too much of a world traveler. Takes money to fly to Ukraine a couple of times, takes money to live in Hawaii, the most expensive state in the country to live. So I got questions. If you want to respond to my questions, that's great. I'll respond to yours. We'll wrap it up right after this break Here on Nightside, my name is Dan Ray. We spend a lot of time on suicide tonight. I hope it has helped a lot of people who didn't call. I know the people who did call this last hour Frank and South Boston, darylnd New Brunswick, Canada, and Clara and Florida have helped people, all in different ways. Back on Nightside, right after this, I got an open line at six one, seven four, ten thirty and I got two at six month, seven ninth thirty. Let's fill him up back after.
Speaker 3: This now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z to news radio.
Speaker 1: The great article in the New York Times, which would probably be in the newspaper tomorrow. A background on this sky Ryan Wesley Ruth. There's a lot to be known about him. Uh And I gotta tell you there's a backstory here. There's somebody who was spending money for this guy. He said in court today that he was making three thousand dollars a month. Well, that would mean he has an income of thirty six thousand dollars a year. That's two round a figure for someone who's making thirty six k living in Hawaii, flying back home to vote in the North Carolina Democratic primary to then be in Ukraine doesn't add up. Let's go to John and Braintree. Hey, John, welcome to night's that.
Speaker 2: How are you saying?
Speaker 3: Hey Dan, longtime no call? Captain Hindsight, how are you man?
Speaker 1: Captain Hindsight? I remember you well, you were you were a great caller, and you go right ahead. Would you like to talk about John?
Speaker 3: Before I got one second to thank those calls, echo your sentiments of how many people they must have helped, and I urged them to keep doing what they did, and uh, they.
Speaker 1: Were really great. And it takes courage to kind of put it out there. And I wish more people have called about the issue, to be really honestly, I'm a little disappointed in that, but that's that's what you do want talk radio. Sometimes you gamble and so, but it.
Speaker 3: Was comportant and probably helped so many people. Maybe you could do it once a month, you know, it would be well, think you're serving it. It's a great service you're doing even if you're not getting a lot of calls. I think it was a tremendous service for everyone listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate that. What what are you calling about?
Speaker 3: Well, I wanted to mention one. I echo everything you said about this, uh, wanting to know everything about the person except one thing, Dan, And I'm almost thinking a running for office one of these days before I die. I want to run on a platform that no one who commits a mass murder or any crazy stuff like these people, so their names should never be published. They should be twenty twenty four number one jerk or no. Twenty twenty four number three, that they should I'm afraid too many of them and I don't know this for a fact. It's my old guess.
Speaker 1: I think too.
Speaker 3: Many of them may be doing it for the notoriety, and it treaks the crap out of me. I was wondering how you felt about that.
Speaker 1: Well, Captain Heinzie, believe it or not, I agree with you on that. As a matter of fact, when we talk about Boston bomber number two, that's how we refer to him. Why not here refer to him here on Nightside. I had no interest in this little punk is still alive eleven years later, you know, living out at super max in Colorado. He was tried, convicted, he confessed to the crime, and the only question is should he get the death penalty. And now as lawyers are making a last minute appeal basically saying that a couple of people in the jury might have actually had an opinion and they should have been disqualified, I get it. That's what lawyers do. Lawyers try to make sure that every tea has crossed and I has dotted. But I'm with you. If you run for public office, doctor Hindsight, I will endorse you are your opponent, which ever helps you more.
Speaker 3: I promise well, listen, hy great and keep doing a great work you do.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Thank you, doctor hind Captain Hindsight, excuse me, I promoted you there call more often. I've always enjoyed our conversations. Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 3: All Right, Dan, have a great night. Thank you you too.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Phil in Boston. Phil, appreciate your call. You next on nightside right head film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm guessing the first thing with the sulicide, a lot of people don't want to call up because they're much feel ashamed and shunned and all that stuff. But about the shooting and shooting and flower the president, that guy was packed. They're the golf course owned by Trump for twelve hours. He almost got away with it. If some neighbor put a note on the made a note of the guy's plate, it was it was stolen, a stolen plate attacked to his vehicle. He left his gun behind and that other stuff. The double was obliterated of the number he was. This guy sounds crazy, but he's probably a head man who knows. But I mean, with all this fiersy stuff, they can't afford a few dogs and only droll. I don't know he's perfect, but they can't afford a couple of gym and shepherds stiff around and look at both sides of the fence.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, no, let me just say I agree with you totally. That I've watched, just like you have the videotape. And that road, that where he had hidden himself on those trees, that's a pretty busy role. I may have driven by that road. I've been in that section of Florida and didn't even realize it. I'd love to know where he parked his truck. And it was talked there for twelve hours. How come someone didn't say, hey, you know, what's this truck doing here? I mean, it's it's it's I'm trying to It's almost like you were you parked your truck on the side of let's let's talk about something that all of us can relate to. You parked your truck on the side of soldiers Field Road, big road, big street, big road. It wouldn't stay there. They would have they would want to know. I don't know how it happened. And then how does this guy travel uh, halfway around the world to Hawaii. He lives in Hawaii, comes back to North Carolina to voting the Democratic primary. He voted in the Democratic primary this this February.
Speaker 2: Gun Restreck and he's gonna vote cheap yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then he's in next thing, he's in Ukraine. Can you imagine how difficult it must be to get to Ukraine or to get to Kiev.
Speaker 2: These days, visa all that stuff. I'm guessing absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: He got over there twice. And then I saw pictures of being protesting outside of the capitol. And he was arrested in two thousand and two for having an explosive device. He was involved in a standoff. Look, you and I, Phil get a parking ticket, We get a parking ticket. I'm terrified that if I don't pay the parking ticket or exactly the next time you're supposed to hear in Massachusetts real license at the R and V, someone's gonna say, oh you. And by the way, let's assume that they say to you, hey, Phil, you got a parking ticket in North Adams, Massachusetts. And you say, I've never been to North Adams, Massachusets. Do you know what They're gonna say, Well, you gotta go out there and get it cleared away. You gotta drive out to North Adams, Massachusett has improved to them that you were never there, and the party think it it's illegitimate before you get your license. That's what's going on in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: No, why the guys that do the stuff and the bad guys that get in the world.
Speaker 1: Something, something's wrong something. And by the way, this thing stinks. This guy down there, Okay, this should be this should be a total scrub of this guy's background. We should know everything about him. And and the longer that we don't know, the more it's gonna lead to people talking about conspiracy.
Speaker 2: But the sitles didn't happen so much. I've already forgotten about the guy that gets shot outside Newton Center, right next to the police station. The guy's attacked and he has a gun apparently, and the gun goes off. The guy that attack him get shot and he gets shot us so bad.
Speaker 1: We'll follow up. We'll follow you know. Let me tell you, Phil, I give you my word. We will keep on top of all of these stories on that side.
Speaker 3: You got right of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all Phil, I'm up against it. So I got to let you go, but very much thank you for calling. Phil's frustrations are obvious. My frustrations are obvious. We had done for the night, Rob Brooks, great job, Marita, thank you very much for your help. Today. We're back tomorrow night. We're going to be talking at nine o'clock tomorrow night with whether or not there should be a machine gun range for the Massachusetts National Guard. On the kit, all dogs aalk couts, all pets go to heaven. And that's my pal Charlie Rais, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where your pets are who passed they loved you, and you love that. I do believe you'll see them again. Please join us again tomorrow night at eight o'clock and feel free to join us on Facebook. A night's out with Dan Ray in a couple of minutes