Speaker 1: Lara Kane After Dark with Eric remembers the podcast You're dig If you like a genuine and left so big. Laura's a lovable lunatic where above so real. The stories are crazy, the real deal. Eric's the talent the people with says he's kind. He let me get some kind of crass purus are. Claire runs the show super plaint nerd always in the note, we guarantee to make you laugh.
Speaker 2: Plus sure we're late. Bumple your seat belts and don't be late. Here we go. Get ready, it'll be great on with the show.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Here we go. Welcome to Laura Kane After Dark. You guys.
Speaker 4: I'm Laura Kane, Eric Rumor, all right, producer Claire. Hello, and here we have Antonio the Hello, the birthday boy.
Speaker 3: It's his birthday today.
Speaker 2: Police can play on yours.
Speaker 3: Oh look at that?
Speaker 2: Look at that?
Speaker 4: Herek speaking to this mic because I didn't set up your own mic, because I'm not I didn't think that far ahead. As usual, it's been kind of a day. Just wait, we have so much tell you guys. But anyway, any thoughts on this day of your birth Antonio.
Speaker 2: On this Monday, not too many I.
Speaker 3: Know it kind of sucks having a birthday on Monday.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering how old am I. I gotta check my birth certificate.
Speaker 4: He was saying that this morning, Like he was like, think, I really do think I need to check to see what year I was born. I'm like, you are fifty eight years old. Trust me, I know I think so.
Speaker 2: Yes, you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know it's depressing that I'm the oldest one in the room. Again, Well for you, yeah, you are the oldest one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did a story for KOGO AM six hundred news radio they'll.
Speaker 3: Air tomorrow about a new.
Speaker 4: Apartment for a complex for low income people. It's a senior living complex for people fifty five plus. I'm like, dude, I qualify on all the different levels. You're a senior citizen.
Speaker 2: I am, well, yeah, sar.
Speaker 4: Antonio is single lady? Ready to mingle? Or are you not?
Speaker 2: Very very very single? Yes?
Speaker 3: Ready to mingle?
Speaker 2: Ready to mingle?
Speaker 3: What does that mean to you?
Speaker 2: It means a little poke in the whiskers, That's what it means.
Speaker 4: No, truly, What do you want this year to to?
Speaker 2: What do you want to do this year? We want to do? I want to travel I gotta I gotta go to Cabo, and yes, I gotta travel. I like to drive down there.
Speaker 3: How long does it take to drive to Cabo?
Speaker 2: Probably like twenty hours?
Speaker 3: Why on earth a thousand miles? Why would you just take a flight.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's just more fun. You know, you get the sapsuit little towns and it's not that scary, but it's fun to do.
Speaker 4: Well, if you like driving, I guess that would be fun to stop at little towns.
Speaker 3: But twenty hours when you get there in like two may.
Speaker 2: I have no hair on my shist.
Speaker 4: Wow, I didn't notice that you have your shirt button down almost to your navel and the cowboy How that's a nice look.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I eric unbuttoned my shirt. I wasn't looking. It was with my eyes, just with my eyes.
Speaker 4: Despite any previous dalliances that we may or may not have had, I think that you are a great person, Antonio, and I wish you only the best. And I'm glad that we're friends and you're a great roommate.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you very much. And yeah, I feel the same way so and Antonio, Yes, sir, any dalliances that we may or may not have had, I think you're a wonderful person, and happy birthday, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Where did I pull that word? Dalliance?
Speaker 2: I don't know, old lady who I think Laura's older than both of us. I think maybe I think you are. I think your certificates wrong. And I qualified to leave him my parents.
Speaker 3: Now you qualified to live with your parents?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, You better play your cards right or you might be living with your parents.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, you guys have a great time, got a great show, and I'm gonna scadoodle all right. Happy birthday?
Speaker 3: Fine?
Speaker 4: And you know what, I'm getting you something for your birthday. I know he hates surprises. He's the worst person to buy birthday presents for. But let me ask you this because I can't remember. Is it chocolate, moose pie? Or is it what is it that you love? Chocolatedn't spy or is it chocolate?
Speaker 3: There's like another hair.
Speaker 2: Pie moves moves oh theo? Yeah if it has hair let's see, Laura.
Speaker 3: He's being naughty. Okay, hair Pie?
Speaker 2: Well it is not me? Is this guy over here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You two together are quite prepared.
Speaker 2: Laura's a bad influence on me. See Laura's a bad influence on me.
Speaker 4: Stop it all right, Well that's your fifteen minutes of fame, Antonio, So happy birthday, go back outside and do it thurday first. Yeah, are you going to do our party?
Speaker 2: And mister Charlie's yes, you're invited that that body. Just bring that body.
Speaker 4: And money, money, bring money for me to put in my own pocket.
Speaker 2: Good night, Laura's gonna be on the mister Charlie's pole.
Speaker 3: You can't even get off the couch. Okay, that is sad.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: That was your gift on thecast. And I am gonna door dowsh you a chocolate Moose pie.
Speaker 2: Okay, and it's only going to cost her eighty seven to fifty.
Speaker 4: You wonder down moose. Okay, let's take a breath. Oh, Eric has the story of all stories. Let me just say that I'm sitting next to Frankenstein pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you won't believe.
Speaker 4: What happened to this man right here over the weekend.
Speaker 2: It happened, happened on Wednesday night.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it happened that long ago. And it's oh dude, dude, dude, just wait, just wait.
Speaker 2: I have a story day four days ago.
Speaker 3: Is it? Are you on payment?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you on them right now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you like kind of happy right now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Notice Notice how I'm just smiling and I'm not as my usual unpleasant self.
Speaker 3: You're a delight. You are truly a delight.
Speaker 2: I am a delight.
Speaker 3: Antonio can't get the dog anyway.
Speaker 4: That's his job on Monday nights is to watch this one so he doesn't knock over all of the equipment.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we have that. I have a story of something I did that really, it's totally a Loura Kane story.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, something I didn't have the money to do, but I had to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is.
Speaker 4: Going to You're gonna shake your head and go, what were you thinking?
Speaker 2: I am taking your credit cards, debit cards, bank account.
Speaker 3: Seriously, will you pay my money?
Speaker 2: Mab I will. I'll make you a rich woman.
Speaker 4: I would use Jay Wartzler from Capital Growth, Inc. But I'm not at that one.
Speaker 2: You can just call.
Speaker 3: J for a little baby bank accounts like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to pay me, Oh really.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'll do it for you for free.
Speaker 4: Great and and anytime you want to like get rid of one of those pesky.
Speaker 3: Gift cards that are in your wallet that he has three five dollars gift cards that he just He's like, oh, I've had these in here for like ever.
Speaker 4: Wow, Like it was no big thing. And I'm like, well, if it's not that big a deal, I'll take one off your hands if you want me to, if you want me to lighten your load.
Speaker 3: That's what friends are for.
Speaker 2: Oh is that what friends are for?
Speaker 4: Okay, Claire, want to hear about your life.
Speaker 3: What's been going on with you?
Speaker 2: Claire? You look adorable today?
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you as usual? And she's getting much love from fans.
Speaker 2: She is, she's just getting rave reviews.
Speaker 3: I think she might be number one taking over your slid.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's going to be a fight. We are going to be rolling around amidst the cables.
Speaker 4: And everybody recognizes this one. Everybody always comes up to this one. Nobody ever says hi to me, recognizes me. But for some reason, Eric is just so incredibly talented.
Speaker 3: I guess, and popular.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows you and comes up to you, which is great, But I think Claire is inching up to your level.
Speaker 2: Oh no, is this the whole ladder thing?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: My goodness.
Speaker 6: I mean, I haven't been recognized yet.
Speaker 2: Is she the Karen in this situation where she's elbow her way up?
Speaker 4: Yes, but she she's not doing this like this is just her being her wonderful her clearness is coming through, and people love it.
Speaker 2: I love her clariness.
Speaker 3: I know. We love all things Claire, we do.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, okay, I have so many things to talk about. I wrote, Okay, we're gonna talk about our party. We're talking okay, So first let's talk about.
Speaker 2: The Old Globe. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. We have so much show business too to talk about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's a lot, I know.
Speaker 4: And sad stuff. Oh my gosh. So we'll we'll talk about all that. But first, Oh the music.
Speaker 7: My gosh, I don't know which button you put the music on.
Speaker 4: You guys, it's almost time for Begin Again at.
Speaker 3: The Old Globe Theater.
Speaker 4: I can't wait in Balboa Park. This is the show that's going to blow you away. You might even want to go back and see it again and again and again Begin Again because it's that good music from Train. Yes, it's a musical. It's based on the movie which was great, and it's at the Old Globe. They put on the most fantastic shows and this one is for sure headed to New York Broadway, baby, for sure. And you can say to everybody, you know what I saw that one. It started in San Diego, and now look be that person. And when you get your tickets, because it starts on September sixth, the tickets are now available. You give the code LCAD for Lower Kane after Dark. Yes, and your ling fees will be waived.
Speaker 2: So you believe that, no, I actually can't. I know it's amazing.
Speaker 4: So that's a fun little freebie there. So all right, what's the phone number.
Speaker 2: The phone number is six one nine two three four five six two three four. You could go to the Old Globe dot org.
Speaker 3: Good thank you for not saying the Dulby.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, biggie, thank you. Don't miss out begin again, and we gotta figure out when we're all going wave.
Speaker 3: I'm so stoked about.
Speaker 4: This Old Globe Theater in Bubble of Ark. Don't miss this one. It's gonna be outstanding. Yes, okay, Also we have a party. Oh do we have a party. I'm so excited about this. I've been talking to the woman who is the manager of mister Charlie's in Hillcrest. It just opened about three four months ago.
Speaker 3: Uh. Travis Barker from Blink one.
Speaker 4: Eighty two is part owner or investor, so he has something to do with it. It's a vegan kind of like knock off of Nick D's. But everything is no meat, no dairy, none of that nonsense. You can get not nuggets, not burgers.
Speaker 3: Not cheeseburgers. Fries are excellent.
Speaker 2: It's still the Golden Arches. It's like the Fallen Arches. Everything it's a frown.
Speaker 4: Face, the frownie face. The frownie meal is the kid's meal.
Speaker 2: But when you see the t shirt, just picture my face.
Speaker 3: It's like two exes for eyes in a big front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the resting bitch face.
Speaker 4: We are having a party on August thirty first, yes, Monday night. We're gonna live stream from mister Charlie's and Hillcrest and we are going to give away I have the you know that big round own raffle thing for the raffle tickets. I have that all packed. I've been packing up all the stuff we're going to bring. We have so many giveaways, you guys.
Speaker 2: And guess what just came in the mail today Karen's package.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, our friend Karen made handmade.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have ten pieces of jewelry and they're so cute.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have jewelry. We have sweatshirts, t shirts.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 4: These little tote bags is cute.
Speaker 2: My god, that is of these?
Speaker 3: Do I have to well, you better win it. Yeah, there you go, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna shank somebody for that.
Speaker 3: Not only that, but that's amazing.
Speaker 4: One hundred dollars gift card for a tattoo place for this woman who did my uh my bracelet tattoo. She has a gift card for if you want to get a test.
Speaker 2: We have those great books from Georgiana Rvine.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, the whole set.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, there's and then not well, not only that, but we have mister Charlie's merch as well, which is so cute, the cutest t shirts and.
Speaker 2: Shirts that this is a basy. I need to take a picture of this. This is so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, these fun stickers.
Speaker 2: I ordered those sticks.
Speaker 3: I don't know, they're like hologround stickers. Anyway, we got stickers. We got everything is cute.
Speaker 7: Speaking of mister Charlie's merch, Yes, I moved recently. It's what's going on with me. And I did have to choose whether or not to keep my mister Charlie's themed condom, and I did keep it, so it did move to the apartment.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it made the cut.
Speaker 3: The condom made the cut.
Speaker 7: The condom made the cut. I mean, what am I gonna do with it? I can't donate it to goodwill?
Speaker 3: I mean, and also it's a price because it is, it means.
Speaker 2: Something, it means.
Speaker 4: That's mister Charlie's. That is, it's just everything is just really cool. It's eclectic, it's it's the vibe is fun and exciting and you're invited.
Speaker 3: Now here's how you get to go.
Speaker 4: Because she asked me, the manager, She's like, well, how many people are expecting?
Speaker 2: Like, oh crap, I better give you my list because there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Of We have one area because it's still gonna be like a restaurant.
Speaker 3: We didn't.
Speaker 4: We didn't rent out the entire place, so we have like one corner area.
Speaker 3: So here's here's what we do. Here's what you do.
Speaker 4: If you haven't already, follow Laura Kane after Dark on Instagram, Facebook, and please subscribe on YouTube if you would, that would be great.
Speaker 3: Also follow mister Charlie's s.
Speaker 4: D Okay, yes, when you do those things, I'm thinking the best way would be just DM Laura Kane after Dark on Instagram because I'll check all the dms and i'll mark you down.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: A venmo helps just saying, you know, if you really want to go, I'll notice that.
Speaker 2: Oh if someone tries to grease your palm. Is that what you're talking about. Yeah, I'm joking.
Speaker 4: This is a free party, but I'm just saying, yes, it's free, it's fun.
Speaker 3: We want you there. We have been doing this podcast for seven.
Speaker 2: If they listen, if somebody sends you money via Vemo, they're going to want something. So you better, you better get those hips ready, you know what.
Speaker 4: At this stage currently, uh, this point in my life.
Speaker 2: Fine, there is an alley right down the street.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there we go, and then we have my car always.
Speaker 2: Oh true, yeah, well that's no surprise.
Speaker 3: Look at me. So matter of fact, she's whatever for your knee pads. I have some of.
Speaker 2: Those and your and your risk cards. So you don't get carpal tunnel. I'll even let you borrow this one if you need to.
Speaker 3: This is what we're gonna talk about next.
Speaker 4: And the phone call I got and this story.
Speaker 3: Holy cow. Okay, so let me see. Okay, I covered.
Speaker 2: That we're looking for It's at seven o'clock right on the third.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, the thirty first. Oh get there early.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because you y'all are gonna want to mingle, and you're gonna want.
Speaker 3: To see what we have to give a way, we'll have it all laid out.
Speaker 4: You're gonna want to get your raffle tickets and and uh, you know what, you might even have a chance to be on the show if you want. You guys, have an interesting story you have you wanted to give a shout out?
Speaker 3: Bring it on.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be it.
Speaker 3: Open it to your podcast. It's our podcast, but it's gonna be that.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. It's gonna be so much fun. I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: August thirty, first, seven pm is when it starts to get their early. Mister Charlie's in Hellcrest at the corner of University and Fifth Avenue.
Speaker 2: And I may or may not be inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you gonna wear the mister Charlie shirt? Are you gonna wear something completely different? Or our shirt that you have yet?
Speaker 2: Very real.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised we didn't get kicked off of YouTube when you wore the shirt.
Speaker 3: I shaved my balls for this.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nothing compared to some of the stuff I have.
Speaker 3: When I came to see you after this incident that we're going to talk about.
Speaker 4: Oh, that shirt I didn't I thought was cute at first, and then when I really looked at it, I was like, oh my gosh, Eric, what about boy?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, so.
Speaker 2: Do you like this one? This one's new?
Speaker 3: What's it say?
Speaker 2: Heyil Mary Grace punched the devil in the face. I do love this Mary with boxing glove one.
Speaker 4: All right. I'm a little bit dishoveled because I normally have a case for my phone. A normal person does put a case on their phone. Well, the day I took it off, I dropped my phone. Look at the back. I mean, you can't see this because if you're listening, you can't see it on the back next to you.
Speaker 2: It looks like a bullet hole through the back of your phone.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised it's still working.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised as you.
Speaker 3: Can literally see the inner workings of the phone. It's all cracked.
Speaker 4: Thank god I was smart enough to buy insurance, because normally that's not the kind of person I am. I risk it, I risk everything. But the guy that's they're supposed to be coming here to fix my phone, they come. They come to you in like some kind of van, take the phone, fix it up, and then hopefully just give back to me or I.
Speaker 3: Get a new phone.
Speaker 2: So they're coming in a van.
Speaker 3: Well, the time frame was this.
Speaker 2: Sounds very unscrupulous. I don't know. This is a little better. You better have me on speed dial all that day.
Speaker 4: This is why I'm freaking out because they said the timeframe is between five and seven pm. Well now it's seven twenty and I haven't received a phone call.
Speaker 2: Wait they're doing it tonight.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Oh that's why I'm freaking out, because I'm kind of like looking at there's somebody that's gonna show up at the door.
Speaker 3: Is he gonna call me?
Speaker 1: But this?
Speaker 3: If I don't have this, I have nothing my phone. Think about it. My phone is everything for work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cups up?
Speaker 3: What hook ups and do I have lipstick on my teeth?
Speaker 2: No, that's surprising. It is usually there's a streak there.
Speaker 4: Oh nine times out of town. Okay, mister Rimmer had a little accident, a little one on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: That sent him straight to the emergency room.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And it is so.
Speaker 4: Gnarly that he is now currently flying on vicing in because it was that painful.
Speaker 3: He can't even work, he can't type, he can't even text.
Speaker 2: I just got like a jolt of pain just now.
Speaker 3: Oh so it comes in waves.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, So, Eric Rimmer, what the hell happened to your hand?
Speaker 2: Wednesday night? That's my Friday, because I'm off Thursdays and Fridays. I had taken some protein powder and I was just on my way to the gym and I decided to wipe out the glass after I washed it. And you've seen those glasses. They're heavy and they're solid. You know, the glass is thick. And I wiped it down and I had it over the water and the sink, and all of a sudden, I just saw the glass just like somebody took a sword and cut it in half. It didn't shatter, it didn't break in one piece came off it literally right down the middle, and I saw the top half go to the right. I saw the bottom half go to the left, and I was like, oh man, I love those glasses. And all of a sudden, I looked down and I had blood all over my workout shorts, all over my arms, my legs, and I was like, oh my god. So I look and the water's just red with blood, and I'm like and I looked at my hand and there was nothing. And then I literally blinked and it was. There was blood spurting everywhere, and I was like, oh my god. So I ran it under the water and I was totally calm.
Speaker 3: I was like, you were in shock. Probably you were like on a drum.
Speaker 2: I was like, Oh, how bad is it? And then there was so much blood coming out of my hand that I was like, I don't even know where the cut is, Like, I don't even know how bad it is. So I wrap it in the dish towel. And then I found out today from one of my friends, it's a nurse, that what I did next was a bike a huge no no. So, by the grace of God, nothing happened. It was bleeding so bad the towel is just dripping with blood. And I was like, that's a brand new dish. Also, I go, my phone was in my bedroom, so this is what you did wrong in the charger. This is what I did wrong. Okay. I went into the bedroom, I hit I dialed a friend of mine and I said, hey, I need you to give me the address for urgent care because I knew the one right across the street from me was closed or right down the street from me was closed. So he says for who, and I said me And he said, oh my god, what'd you do? He goes, do you need me to come and get you? ANDIM nope, I'm fine. Uh So he said, well there's one on University. So I said, okay, text me the address. So he texted me the address. I meanwhile am bleeding everywhere in my bathroom and so I'm like, okay, I'm gonna take this off, slap them a big gaba toilet paper on there, okay, and then rewrap it. So I found out today that doing that is terrible because it can disintegrate and then get into the wound and then they have to clean it all. It can make the toilet paper. Yeah, you make a mess. So not knowing that that's what I did. So I get up to the Urgent care On University.
Speaker 4: At this point, by the way, are you like feeling weak from all the blood loss?
Speaker 3: Are you feeling like is it starting to hurt?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is it like sinking in that you just severely injured yourself.
Speaker 2: Here's what it started to hurt. I get to the Urgent care on University and as I'm approaching the door, now mind you, people are looking at me on the street because I look like I was just involved in like a shooting. I'm I look like Carrie White at the prong. I'm covered in blood. I mean there was blood everywhere. I'm bleed. I've got my hand wrapped and I'm bleeding, and people are looking at me on the street and I'm just.
Speaker 3: Like do do do do?
Speaker 2: You know, like trying to kind of hide things. And I get to the front door and a woman and a little boy walk in in front of me, and so the security guard says, I'm gonna, uh, let me get the the front desk. Girl. So she comes out and she's like, oh, come with me, and those two go, and I'm I'm waiting for my turn, and she kind of looks at me, the girl at the front desk, and she kind of looks at me, and then she looks at the security guard. And the security guard comes over to me and he goes, are you with them? And I said no, I said, I just need to see somebody. He goes, what happened? And I go, oh, I slice my hand open on a piece of glass. And he goes, oh my god, I hate to tell you this. This is this is a pediatric urgent care oh and I go, oh my god, can someone just can someone just stitch me up? I don't I don't care if it's pediatric, and he goes, unfortunately, we can. It's only for children. And I'm all, oh my god. So I immediately get on my phone and I'm all, where's an ear closest to me? And that's the one thing I want to avoid, because you know how.
Speaker 4: I emergency rooms are the craziest, scariest.
Speaker 2: Most vile places.
Speaker 3: On what time is this?
Speaker 2: This is? At this point, it's almost eleven. Oh my god. So I get because I've been driving, so by the time I get to.
Speaker 3: The er in Hillcrest, I'm so pissed by the way that he is. He hadn't call me. Oh my god, anybody to drive him around.
Speaker 2: Take a number. I have heard from everybody today and in the last couple of days, so mad at me that I didn't call, and I'm like, I'm a dude. I was like, I can drive myself. It's fine. I laid a towel out it caught all the blood.
Speaker 6: I was good, So well you weren't good.
Speaker 2: Well no, but I mean I was really concerned about getting the seats in my car bloody.
Speaker 4: So I like that one was your biggest conn no blood drops in.
Speaker 2: I didn't want any blood in my car. So I get to the er and the girl takes one look at me and she's like, oh, come on over, and she goes, what happened? I told her and she goes I look around and she she's like, I'm like, I am going to be seen at like eight o'clock in the morning. There was packed, it was packed, and so I she goes, what's your pain level? And I'm all nine nine, nine point five, nine point eight eleven eleven, like it's bad. And she goes, Okay, we're gonna We're gonna get somebody because I was like if I say, like, oh, a four, I'll be here all night.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: So but once my adrenaline started kicking in, it started to throw like. I was all, uugh, So I'm sitting there, and she goes, I just have to tell you, I've never seen it this busy, And I'm all, okay.
Speaker 3: Did anybody throw up while you're waiting?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh god, that is my worst I know, but.
Speaker 2: That's what I texted you. So I am I'm standing because there's nowhere to sit.
Speaker 3: So was anybody else bleeding?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Not that I saw, But there was a I'm standing against the wall, and there's a homeless guy in the corner taking up three chairs by the way, and then had his like he was in a recliner, had his feet on his wheelchair, had stuff everywhere, bags of trash. But like, I'm all, we're in an er, Like, how is this being allowed? Yeah, be careful, I'm not gonna say where I know. No, just right, nice, I'm gonna be nice. Well, then everybody's psychosis kicks in all at once, and the girl at the end starts going she's got a hoodie and she starts pounding on her head. I mean pounding on her like face and head, and She's all, get the demons out of me, and I'm all, oh my god, what the is happening? So then the guy next to her starts just laughing at nothing like cackling, and then you would get up and walk around and he'd be like, I need water, like screaming, and I'm all and then she would start crying and then pounding on her head again.
Speaker 3: At any point, are you like, am I dreaming? Is this a nightmare? I'm happing.
Speaker 2: I literally was like, I'm gonna wake up from this and I'm gonna be in bed and this whole thing is just gonna be a nightmare. Then the homeless guy starts throwing shit like putting cup napkins, paperback like at the wall, screaming and them all, oh my god, here we go. So the girl had told me they're doing a shift change at ten thirty, so they're probably gonna knock people out really quick, like they're probably gonna start getting people out of here really quick. And I'm all, let's hope. So because I will literally cross my fingers, white knucklet and just hope for the best, I'm leaving like I'm I'm not staying here. So I this lovely woman that was sitting to the right of where I was standing. She goes, would you like to sit down? And I'm like, no, no, no, I'm totally fine. She's very sweet. So she goes, oh, that chair just opened up because somebody got called them. All, oh no, I'll stand because it's like, I don't want to get hit by yeah, putting cup or anything then or actual shit, right, So then they call him and he gets up. So then I sit down. So there's some people sitting in wheelchairs just in the main part of the floor. So the woman in front of me, they call her and they're like, we're gonna take your vitals and stuff, and then they wheel her back. And all of a sudden, I'm scrolling through Instagram and I hear and I'm all, oh no, oh no. If she throws up, I literally will get up and leave that there's no maybe I will get up and leave. So I text Laura and I'm all, oh, my god, someone's possessed by demons. Someone just threw up. This is He decides to text, and I don't tell her that I'm in the er. I just said someone's possessed by demons and someone just threw up. That's all I say to it. But she's like, where are the where are you? When I'm all in the ear and she's like, oh my god. She calls and she's like, I've just got off work. I'm coming over, and I'm all, don't.
Speaker 3: Do it right up the street. Let me sit with you.
Speaker 2: I was like, you're if someone throws up in front of you, she will leave me so fast. I would like yeah, she'd be like, see you later, sucker.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, they take the woman and I finally I didn't actually have to wait that long as maybe forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh so a giant shout out to the e.
Speaker 2: They were great, they were great. They have to put up with oh my god. I even told one of them, I, mam, I think I have to put up all with a lot of my job. That this is nothing compared to what you have to deal with. And so they get me back. They did an ultrasound to make sure I didn't have glass or I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't have you looked at the wound yet, I did you had at this.
Speaker 2: Point I did because I've changed the dressing on it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, while you were sitting in the air, had you looked at it?
Speaker 2: Nope? I did not want to see it. Oh my god, I know you were dying to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I can look at blood all day.
Speaker 2: I took up picture while they were doing the ultrasound and I sent it to her. She's like, oh my god, and I was like, it's so gross. And so they they clean out the wound. They said, you just missed lacerating attendon. And I'm all, oh, thank god, because it could have been so much worse. I would have had to do therapy. Yeah, so this is nothing. But then they said, Okay, we're gonna clean you up and stitch you up because they couldn't do butterfly stitches because it was so deep that they would have just opened up. So that he's like, we're actually gonna have to stitch you up. So we're gonna have to numb your hand. And there was a doctor and the person that was going to be.
Speaker 3: This is what makes me laugh about this story. He thinks, Oh, they're gonna numb me up. They're just gonna put a little cream on my hand.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: I feel.
Speaker 2: I've never I ruptured my achilles tendon. But they knock you the hell out for that. So they put the one needle in and you're bye by at night night.
Speaker 3: So you're thinking you're getting topical.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think they're just gonna rub some you know, cream on it, and then not so much. He's talking to me and I absolutely hate loathe needles, and all of a sudden, he's talking to me, and I made the biggest mistake. I looked down at what he was doing because he was unwrapping something, and he pulls out a needle that was the thickness of this microphone handle and I'm all, oh my god. And I'm sitting on it on the edge of a bed in the er and there's the rails that and I'm all, oh, I lean over, Oh my god, I'm not going to look and just do what you need to do. I just don't even tell me. And he goes, well, it's you're gonna feel.
Speaker 5: It gonna hurt, and it's gonna be warm, and he goes, but it's gonna hurt, and I was like, okay, I'm pretty pain tolerant.
Speaker 2: Give it a go. It hurt a lot, mother. I I looked down and between the tears that were falling onto my blood stained jim shorts, let me put Let me put it to you this way. There was so much blood that an orderly came by and threw down a towel and she goes, I'm just gonna throw this towel down. Here blood was. I looked like I had just melted blood. It was every It's all running down my legs. I'm like, so I said to the doctor, I go, do you have like a wet nap so I can wipe my legs down? It was so gross.
Speaker 3: I little wet now.
Speaker 2: It was so gross.
Speaker 3: Yaw, are you feeling kind of weak because of the book? Are you feeling like no?
Speaker 2: I actually felt fine. But when I was leaving, you know, they give you a bag full of all the gauze and the bandages and the thing. And I said, okay, so do I have to pick up a prescription? And he goes, no, advil should be okay. Oh, And I looked at him and I'm all, advil, that's it. He goes, yeah, I think that should be okay. And I'm I'm looking at my hand and.
Speaker 3: I'd how many stitches did you get?
Speaker 2: Thirty?
Speaker 3: What? It was your entire it was his entire from end to end.
Speaker 2: It's my I'll show you guys. It's so disgusting. So if you're if you're weak, queasy, don't you know you're listening. But that's my hand.
Speaker 4: He looks like Frankenstein like they it looks like they put another like they attached another top of your hand.
Speaker 2: It's it literally looked like my hand got cut in half back. Yes, and it's weird because I got cuts on every single fingertip on the back of my hand.
Speaker 3: How aggressively were you washing this dish?
Speaker 2: Not aggressive at all. I think it's just the way it fell, Oh my god. And so it did a number on me. But I called my doctor, my primary physician, in the morning, and I was all, you need to get me some drugs. I don't care what it, just needs to take this away. I was in so much pain I couldn't even tell you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they didn't give you the drugs of the art. You had to get it from your actual laughter. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But and that is that is that the day.
Speaker 2: I came over, Yes, oh my god, I was so high on pain killers with Laura came over.
Speaker 4: He had just taken one and then I came over and I'm like, I could tell when it hit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, because she was talking to me about podcast and I couldn't have cared less. I was all, I just need you to go home. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He actually said, yeah, he I think you did.
Speaker 3: You said she wanted.
Speaker 2: To watch the Michael movie with me, and I was like, no, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be there for you.
Speaker 4: I wanted to to make you food or like warm you something up.
Speaker 2: I can't make I kept saying. I kept saying, no, I'm good, I know, I.
Speaker 4: Know, and I kept like not getting the hint, and I could tell he like the pain MEAs are certainly.
Speaker 2: I was like, do you need me to go start your car for you? You're such a.
Speaker 3: I came. I went out of my way to come to see you.
Speaker 2: She was already down there.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I was like, right around the corner. Actually, but uh, but I but I was.
Speaker 4: I would have come to see you anyway, because you're doing this all alone.
Speaker 3: You still, you're by yourself of the er, you drove yourself.
Speaker 4: Home, you went and got the men the next day by yourself. Why don't you let people help you eric, Why, I don't know, it's weird. Want to help what them?
Speaker 3: So okay, let me see. Can you bend it?
Speaker 2: I can? I can bend. I could give thee a fist.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, oh my gosh. That is okay. So what's the prognosis, Like.
Speaker 2: Well, I get my stitches out in another like week.
Speaker 3: Oh you might get another shot?
Speaker 2: Oh well no, so I don't know. I don't want to talk about it. Oh if I get another shot.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it's excuse. Does it hurt to get stitches out or do they just I've never had stitches really, no, I.
Speaker 2: Haven't had any. Well the one well, the ones on my achilles ten and they just fell out.
Speaker 3: Oh some of them disintegram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just disintegrated. So I don't know. Wish me luck.
Speaker 3: Okay, So when is this happening?
Speaker 2: In a week and a half. But I don't have to go back to the eer. I just go to my primary position.
Speaker 3: So you can you even work? You can't even tie?
Speaker 2: Yeah I went to work today, You did not. I took two days off though, because I had to keep it elevated for seventy two hours.
Speaker 3: So did you get a doctor's note?
Speaker 2: No? Get a note, takes some time off work. Two days off situation. Here's what I realized during my my four days of doing nothing. Yeah, I'm going to work till I'm three hundred years old.
Speaker 3: You're a workoholic.
Speaker 2: I can't. I am a workaholic. I can't just lay around and do nothing.
Speaker 3: How many movies did you watch?
Speaker 2: I watched a lot of TV, a lot, and I read a lot too. There's one book. Oh. So Thursday night, I fell asleep on the capuch and I got up at three fifteen in the morning and thought, oh, I better go to bed. So well, you see my couch. So I was sitting kind of between two cushions, and I started to get up, and I was so groggy from the pain killers and from the just being tired, that I started to lean towards the left and I went to brace myself with my left hand, and I'm all, oh, shoot, oh wow. You know, so my body weight went down, so I'm like, oh, no, I hope. I didn't like rip anything. So I was too tired to stand up to pee. So I sat down to pee and I stand up and I flip on the light in the bathroom and I look down and I'm all, oh my god, blood dripping from my pinky finger. It's all over the floor in front of the toilet, and I was like, God, bless America. Unwrap. I noticed that there's no blood forming on the bandage, so I unwrap everything and I must have just pushed a bunch of blood out when I.
Speaker 3: Oh, you did it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, everything was fine.
Speaker 4: Oh rumor, dude, next time, please call some next time.
Speaker 2: Well, why does everybody keep saying next time? There's not gonna be a next time.
Speaker 4: Look, we're not getting any younger and we're gonna start falling and shit.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no we're not. Okay, we won't. Don't even put that out.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, Claire, Yes, Claire's the producer of the morning news program on Coogo with Brett and Veronica. It's a really great news show and it's really interesting, and the best part of it is Claire is at the helm and she like makes sure everything goes She like kind of stacks it up, but make sure this story goes here and that story goes there, and they have to time everything out and it's so awesome.
Speaker 3: But I want you to know that I did a cog in the community for you for tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Amazing, you can play twice amazing.
Speaker 3: But uh, it's about.
Speaker 4: This brand new senior affordable housing facility. And we talked about this with Antonio fifty five and up. I'm like, I qualify, so do I.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. I'm like, this is can we live together?
Speaker 3: Press?
Speaker 2: You know what? You and I could live together and save money.
Speaker 3: I'm a senior, Am I a senior?
Speaker 6: Am I officially a senior senior housing? I know I qualify the Denny's discount menu. I mean I'm an ar RP cardholder.
Speaker 2: I haven't been able to bite that bullet yet.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be this whole.
Speaker 2: Do you think we could? You know what? We should go in as a package deal and tell them we can save the money because oh no, we probably don't want to do that. No, because then they won't let us rent there. We'll tell them we're both in desperate need of.
Speaker 4: Housing, and we we are. We need to be together. We need to be together for medical reason, for medical reasons.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like.
Speaker 7: When you adopt a kitten and they're like, it's a bonded pair. You have to take them both.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're both so we're both so codependent that we would of each other that we would that's what we will say. Yes, and then this place sounds rad by the way, We'll go take a tour and then I'll say, hey, I have to go to the restroom and just start screaming like don't light me.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll play or I'll I'll do that for you because the rent is like insanely low. I mean, it's great, it's great that they have this. It's a good story, you'll love it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: It'll be on.
Speaker 2: We could be the poster. We could hold podcasts there.
Speaker 4: A sponsor, a sponsor, a new sponsor, our eight year party can be there.
Speaker 2: Goodness, we could call it shady pines.
Speaker 3: I think it's called congregation.
Speaker 7: I feel like you should get a discount on your rent if you film a podcast from the front lobby and like talk nice about.
Speaker 6: It all the time.
Speaker 7: Yes, I agree, can boss everybody over to the old Globe?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my god, Claire, look at that. He's always thinking.
Speaker 3: Man, I was gonna.
Speaker 4: Figure out some way we could pull Jay Wurtz learn this whole thing. But then this this is for low incomes.
Speaker 3: But he could be there, Oh to hell.
Speaker 2: Their power of attorney.
Speaker 4: No to help to teach us how to make better income.
Speaker 3: No, he would have done. Well, he's tried to help me.
Speaker 2: We can see how that. Wait a minute, so what did you do that I've got?
Speaker 4: Oh well, okay, it's almost we're almost. Let's do the double D news. Okay, so we need to do that, but next we'll do this next episode. You will not believe. It has to do with money and a decision I made which is bad, and I did it for.
Speaker 3: Kogo stop spending money on us.
Speaker 4: You won't believe this. We don't want you to know. I'm terrified you won't believe what I did for a story. To get the story, I did this thing. But we'll talk about it next episode. But yes, didn't hear the music?
Speaker 7: What we just learned this lesson like a week ago.
Speaker 2: Hi, my name is Laura Kay and I never learned my lesson.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I uh, I never learned. I don't that's not okay, don't do I need?
Speaker 3: Does therapy help with that?
Speaker 2: What? Hell?
Speaker 7: I think therapy does help with that.
Speaker 4: I need in many many ways. But that's for another time. We need to talk about the double beat and we do. Oh my gosh, what shocking show.
Speaker 2: I know. I was actually home last night and I got a text message and it just said Hayden Panetiera is dead. And I said, oh, you got to be kidding me. This is so I immediately got on social media and I looked and she was thirty six years old. Thirty six right, yes, yeah, And I don't know if anybody she was on. She was in the Scream movie, she was in that TV show Heroes. She's been in a lot of stuff Nashville, which I loved that show, but she had a lot of demons at the first thing I I thought when I read it, unfortunately, was and she's got a little girl. I think that's eleven years old or something and not married, but has her daughter. And I know she has a memoir that just came out a few months ago. Oh really, and it's very very good, but it's very sad, really bad relationship with the mom. Had been in an abusive relationship. And they said today TMZ obtained the nine to one to one call and they think it was an overdose and she went into cardiac arrest. So they I just before we started the show, they said that they found Narcan in her place. She was not in La. She was in like she.
Speaker 4: Traveled from LA to somewhere in the song on Saturday. Police have responded to the incident and they're investigating it. They don't have an official cause of death yet, but friends say she's been complaining of back pain.
Speaker 3: For the last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, I think did she have an issue with addiction?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know if she had an issue with addiction. If she did, Okay it was.
Speaker 4: The book is called This is Me, a recognized yes, uh, where she talked about her personal struggles, including depression, addiction, domestic abuse, and the death of her brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty three. Oh my god, this poor woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh so. Oh yeah, her her son is eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is it a little boy or a little girl?
Speaker 3: A boy?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought she had a little girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, a little boy Vladimir, Oh, that that's her.
Speaker 4: That was her fiance. They did, oh Knox, Oh kaya, No, it's a daughters.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was gonna say, I thought she had a daughter. Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is so upsetting to me because I've been Tommy and I have been filming the show sober on kayus I and Fox five. It's Tommy's show, but I've been on a couple of times and so this has really been top of mind and.
Speaker 3: To see this. It's just another reminder that.
Speaker 4: If you are struggling, if you are screaming from the inside for help, please please reach out because this is how it ends jails, institutions, or death. There's no other way. And I'm gonna do this because I did it on the TV show. Actually did it on Star ninety four to one this weekend too, but people have been really cool about not abusing it. But I'm going to give you my phone number because I want you to have somebody to talk to and don't call me.
Speaker 3: Is your refrigerator running or what's the thing? What's the thing?
Speaker 2: It's like can but you better let him out before somebody's onffocation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please, no Frank calls and you know.
Speaker 2: What, I listen, I do that to her enough so nobody else needs to do.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you my phone number because I want you to or if you have somebody that you that needs help. And what about what I'm nervous giving. I've already done it. It's out there. I'm going to do it again because This is how important it is to me. I was lucky enough to have Tommy. I was lucky enough to have I even want to say thanks to my ex husband Dave for you know, the way it went down was ugly, but in the end it saved my life.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's the least I can do.
Speaker 2: Did you get another tattoo?
Speaker 3: I'm so I'm so excited you notice that? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh? Come on? Is it is it? Is it a fake?
Speaker 3: I love it? Don't know. I've been I've been wanting this.
Speaker 2: It's it's fake. It's a tamoo. Fit can't Oh my god. I was like that better be fake.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for him.
Speaker 4: This chain like black neck tattoo, and I was waiting for you to say something.
Speaker 2: I literally think I have pe running down. I was like that, you were so upset? Oh my god? Yes, okay, tattoo? Oh thank god? On with it?
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, look, I will at least give you some I'll give you some guidance, whatever I can do to help.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So my phone number is eight five, eight nine to thirty seven ten, and I'm here for you because we don't want this to happen to A thirty.
Speaker 2: Said, and now there's a little girl without a mom.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just this disease sucks.
Speaker 2: Well, they said hard it is. And they said that they did a part of the what do you call it autopsy? Yeah, and that there was no trauma or like blunt force or anything like that.
Speaker 3: So okay, well, I mean it kind of whatever. We don't. Nobody deserves to.
Speaker 4: Go that way. And so that's why I'm giving out my phone number. I no, it's crazy and everything, but no, it's not. It's actually I believe that I went through what I went through to help others.
Speaker 3: That's my purpose in life. I think is too.
Speaker 2: You've helped people.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I just which is great. I just tell I just know I have resources.
Speaker 3: And I know.
Speaker 4: You know, I can take you to a meeting, I can talk to somebody. You just need to talk to somebody and stop being so ashamed and don't be guilty. Okay, it's gonna be okay, You're gonna be okay. So that's all I have to say about that.
Speaker 3: Can I do one little story.
Speaker 2: That I just from La Yeah, Hollywood starlet Laura.
Speaker 4: Kane, the show Shards that we've been watching Kyah Gerber.
Speaker 3: Who is Cindy Crawford.
Speaker 2: She not gorgeous, the most gorgeous. Oh my god, she is just spectacular.
Speaker 4: Cindy Crawford had an exorcism performed on her daughter when she was a kid.
Speaker 2: This's got to be a joke. This has to be a joke.
Speaker 4: Kaya says that she was told she was possessed as a child. Quote do you know how they did the exorcism? They played a didgeridoo over me?
Speaker 3: You know what that is? And did we do?
Speaker 4: They actually did happen? I've never talked about it, That's what she said. They did some kind of freaky sounds like they went somewhere another son.
Speaker 3: Maybe she was just a bratty kid. Yeah, he takes her to an exorcist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet you want to perform an exorcism on me all the time. Oh my gosh. Probably every day, great idea. Every day you probably do, tell't you? Oh my god.
Speaker 3: She said she's felt haunted her whole life.
Speaker 4: Quote, I do feel as though I attract beings from another dimension and a very casual and chill way.
Speaker 2: What oh boy.
Speaker 4: Cindy even gave Kaya holy water to bring to the set of American Horror Story double feature back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: One, so she wouldn't get possessed. They're not getting around. That's weird and crazy, But all right.
Speaker 2: Do you want to read that?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 3: No, because we've already been doing this for an hour.
Speaker 2: Oh God, and uh, God forbid.
Speaker 3: God forbid.
Speaker 4: We have another show coming up on Thursday where I will tell the story of my stupid Oh boy, money.
Speaker 2: I'm looking around the house and I don't see any hideous purchases.
Speaker 3: Oh did I tell you that my lamp that you hated so much? The flower lily? It started sparking. Oh, it's in the trash.
Speaker 2: Can, good, the perfect place for it.
Speaker 4: And I did return it, but they didn't want it back. Of course they didn't, so they gave me like half the money. I'm like fine, whatever, Oh boy? Oh all right, So party August thirty first, Uh Charlie's in Hillcrest, seven pm.
Speaker 3: B there begin again.
Speaker 2: We'll both be wearing something low cut and sexy.
Speaker 4: Get your tickets now and use the code ELCA D And we.
Speaker 2: Love you, We do.
Speaker 4: My at and t guys still hasn't called. What am I gonna do without a phone?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Did you already pay for it or is the service free?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I have insurance, so free hopefully anyway, with that, love you guys for watching on Instagram, Love you guys for watching on YouTube, Love you guys for listening after the fact, and love your podcast.
Speaker 2: I love you so much. I love you too, I really do.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're my favorite. No, I'm not, you are I'm actually not.
Speaker 3: Wow, just say it. Just lock out?
Speaker 2: Please love your podcast.
Speaker 3: Ah, love you, my sweet baby.