Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. So much to enjoy, so much to savor, doesn't mean there aren't challenges, but it'd be boring without challenges, right, So fire at will three or three seven one three A two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. A young star has been born in the US Congress. Gabe Evans will join us at five thirty six, looking forward to that. The entire delegation really acquitted itself well in questioning lawless Mike Johnston, the Mary of Denver this week, and will continue to place some of that fun sound for you, and then catching up on some of the news of the day. It's interesting, I'm still getting these texts about Justice Barrett Amy Cony Barrett just claiming at this point that she's obviously a Trump in the way she looked at the President the other night during his epic event, his epic speech, and this last Supreme Court decision, which I think was very, very wrongly decided respectfully. But no, I went back I watch that tape, I'd seen it live. I just don't see what people are seeing in that. Plus I just know enough about this justice, never met her, but enough about her to just have total confidence that even though there'll be some decisions I don't agree with their decisions where she truly believed she was following the law and the facts. Wherever they led without fear or favor. But personally, I think we're very lucky to have her on the court, and I think she's going to be a great justice, since she already has been. I mean, look at the Dobbs decision. But that's not the main topic today. We don't have a main topic today. We've got a lot of different things going on. One of the things I threw out there just asking you for a favor here is if you have any idea for some fresh blood as fill in hosts, because we have this group of superstars who we will continue to be fortunate to have on air when I'm in trial, but we wanted to add a couple of new folks and just taking some suggestions. We've had some great suggestions already during the show today and I think one or two of them have already accepted, right, Sheriff Rames correct Sheriff Steve Raimes. He will be a phenomenal villain host. And a lot of other great suggestions, and of course such another another great example there, this one, Dan, I would love it if you could get Joe Williams to sit in for you. I'm sorry, joke could talk about it. That would be so cool, wouldn't it. For years I would drive home listening before it must have been before I started on air, right, or maybe I was doing a different time slot then, but would listen to Irvin Joe that sports show, which, yeah, if you weren't around in Colorado then it was a great sports You say, Joe Williams, What about Joe Kaplis. Oh, that's a great idea. He's a little busy right now, I know, but when he's not, say a prayer for me. He's in big competition law school next Monday night. Good for him? Yeah, yeah, yeah, no. That their team is in the semi final. It's a pretty big deal. But what a great idea that is. Yeah, he'd be excellent. I just love to get him going on that, love to get him going on that. Dan, Ryan is always my favorite. Yeah, me too. He's just too big time for this show. A true at all.
Speaker 2: It's just like I do the two hours beforehand, and yeah I can't do it. I will do it Little Friday. I think it's more fun for the listeners though, just to change it up. I'll still be involved like I am in this show. But if we had like Sheriff Steve Reams in that chair, John Fabricatory in that chair, and I Dick Wadhams.
Speaker 1: Who's going to take attams? We always work well together, he and I. Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, Dan host suggestion amy Kaplish. You know that is such a wonderful idea. Haven't you thought of that before? And she's just not gonna do it, you know, not me. But we got contacted by what's the biggest satellite? Serious? Serious? I think it was them. Where aren't there two of them? But you used to be em No, I think it was was serious. Yeah, we got contacted about doing a show we would co host, and that thing got shut down in a hurry. There is no doubt, there is no doubt. But yeah, she has no interest in any of that. Very private person. Uh, Dan, how about Mike from Greeley. There be any yeah, they mean Eurie Mic there. I don't think there be any audience left now they've abandoned us. Yeah, they would, and they should and Kelly transitions and the Titanic listen. I don't mind turning the show over to some lefties, like somebody suggested Craig if Craig wanted to come in into a show in a heartbeat, Comrade Kyle in a heartbeat. Out off Kyle Clark to a show in a heartbeat, you know. And here's the point. Conservatives are not afraid of the opposing views because we know we're right and they're wrong. So when you put some intelligent lefty on, yeah, that's not going to bother a conservative because they'll be interesting to listen to. And then it becomes sport for the conservative just poking holes in the lefties argument. You know, I was a bit of a lefty when I started on air. Didn't view myself that way, but I was when I started on air back in trying to remember early nineties. And then it took. It took about six months on air with callers politely sometimes not so politely, pointing out holes in my logic and reasoning in fact, and that played a big role in me becoming a Republican right because listen, what are we on this planet for blink of and I? And how pathetic would it be if any of us were just self imprisoned, you know, in some cage without bars, because we were born a Democrat or born a Republican. So for me, you know, because of my parents, God rests their souls. For me, it was always about pursuit of the truth. And as I followed the truth, it led me from the Democratic Party the Republican Party. Doesn't mean the Democratic Party's evil and the Republican parties perfect, but the truths led me there. And so I, as a conservative, I'm never afraid of lefty views. Lefties are terrified of conservative speech because they don't have good answers to it, and that's.
Speaker 2: Why they want to shut us down and sense of that and blacklist us and downgrade.
Speaker 1: Us and can't say yeah because they can't compete with the ideas questions.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of our listeners might have dan in your journey as you evolved into a republic and we know that the life issue was a driving force behind that. But was there another tipping point or issue or something that kind of turned the tide for you, Like, you know what, I'm just not a Democrat anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was one other. And it's so funny you mentioned that because I remember being at this charity dinner and I won't mention his name, talking to this very very very prominent guy, extremely close to Bill Clinton e new as president at the time, and I said, man, I can't because I had voted. I think I had. I voted for Clinton the first time around. I'm trying to remember, probably, but I think I was. I think I was still a Democrat back then, wasn't I But anyway, I just said to the guy, I can't do it anymore. Man, I can't do it anymore. The life thing. And then at that time, if I remember right, there had been the disaster in Somalia, right, and it was just that the Democrats had gone so soft on national security. So I just couldn't do it anymore. But so, yeah, having made that journey, I just know conservatives are not afraid of opposing speech because it's just sport for them. Oh, there's the whole, there's the whole. There's the whole. Whack a mole. Guess ho suggestion Well County Commissioner Scott James another good one, A lot of good suggestions. I still come back to this one. Silverman and Brockler co hosting. And I would love to have Craig just sit in someday on the show. Yeah, there are so many good suggestions. Mandy Connell on a day she gets preempted by baseball.
Speaker 2: And there were many, doesn't I mean, if she's willing it, that's five hours for her.
Speaker 1: But an hour break from three to four she can hang out with me. Yeah, no, she would enjoy that. And here's another vote for Mike Crows and that's a no brainer right yet, No, we've got a slandunk god. And if you're new to the area, you don't know Mike, you would thoroughly enjoy it. So Dan best on the trials by the time you finish off of them. Trumpell of banned lesbians from women's sports? No, no, no, who is this text? The same texter over and over? Why is he on this kick about banning lesbians from women's sports. I don't get that. The biological Yeah, you can't have males playing women's sports, right And speaking of which, we have some more interesting sound on that today. So something else I'd like to do when we come back. If people are up for this, I hope they are because I think it's a real public service. It helped me last week. Is just the best pizza in Colorado because last week I got a lot of good suggestions Anthony's and now, you know, with grub hub and everything else, and I know the delivery charges are brutal, but you can get a lot of good pizzas that normally just wouldn't have been, like in whatever area you're in. You know what else somebody suggested last week? My friend Paul suggested for those people out in the South Denver Tech Center area. Yeah, yes, do you ever go to ya Yas? There's this place off Bellvue if you have to be where it is. But apparently they have very good pizza. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I trust Paul on They were always kind of things to their broadways. Their weekend brunches were top shelf, but they kind of change what they do with that.
Speaker 1: Are you a brunch guy? I have never been a brunch.
Speaker 2: Love it because it gives you a chance to consolidate those two meals and really do it up. Yeah, and have you know for me, I like the mimosas or the Bloody Mary's.
Speaker 1: You know you can drink in the morning like that.
Speaker 2: Those kind of drinks and Bloody Marys in particular, I'm kind of fond of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, wow, that's impressive. So if anybody has ideas, this is really a public service. Just the best pizza in Colorado right now, so that in some more hard news ahead. Unfortunately you're on the Dan Kepler Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: The best pizza in Colorado? What is it? And the thing is, it's so much more acceptable of folks now because I mean not across the state, but maybe there's something that used to be too far to drive to or get delivered. Now you forget it right there.
Speaker 2: When I came here, when I moved to here, Dan, back in twenty eighteen, I'm like, where do I go for pizza? And everybody told me Idaho Springs Bojo's, And now that's in Denver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now, you got one in Denver. Yeah, and great people, they run a great operation. I'm just a thin crust guy. Yeah, I am not a deep dishes. Grew up in Chicago. Of course, you know, we'd go and we'd drive downtown and we go to who knows two ways, etc. And it was just part of the tradition. It was always good. I'm just a thin crust guy, and I mean, why would you want the thick cruss when then you're filling up your stomach and you don't have as much room for the good stuff, right, So give me a thin cruss. Like if you got the really good sausage, really good green peppers, this other stuff, you got more stomach space.
Speaker 2: Life to that point, Dan, this is where I'm trying to reconcile with you. I love g or Donald's, Lumel Noddies, pizzi Uno, and we've got an Uno around here.
Speaker 1: Amagy or Donald's Downtown.
Speaker 2: But Sixteenth Street, Mall, don't you like that style where it's it's a deep dish, but it's got that thin cross. It's not dominated by the crust. It's more like a literal pie. It's a pie.
Speaker 1: And maybe it's just a visual thing for me, not just a thing. You know, a thin crust guy, but this texture says passing this on to you because I can't get your newsroom number. At the moment, A major pile up an I twenty five southbound just prior to the monument overpassed, backed up all the way to Greenback or Greenland Drive. If you want to relay that to your listeners, that would be helpful. Thank you and appreciate what you do. Thank you for that, texture appreciate that. Let's go to the phone lines. Eerie, Mike, welcome to the Dan Kapla Show. Erie. How you doing? Your eeries must have been burning?
Speaker 4: I'm doing just great. Uh I we agree on something I like New York's, then teach as well off those New York here and eares you have.
Speaker 1: A favorite one?
Speaker 4: So Abos?
Speaker 1: It's oh, you mean just like the franchise Abbos? But what isn't there a franchise? I thought I always thought it was a bos myself? Is it a b o? S? I?
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm pronouncing it all so we can't agree on anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, abo apostrophe us okay, okay, good, good.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay. Hey, I'm calling to offer an apology to you, or perhaps you need to owe me an apology. I'm not sure which one.
Speaker 1: I know which one.
Speaker 4: We were talking you and I were you and I were talking about Putin and Trump and their relationship and specifically Trump's approach to Putin. But I made a comment and you took it completely wrong and took me off the air.
Speaker 1: And when you suggested.
Speaker 4: A sex act, I did not look dude, I don't know where your mind goes. But I didn't say anything about a sex act. I'm sorry, but that's that's my point about Okay, you heard that. I'm sorry, but that I did not saying.
Speaker 1: About you, and just repeat what you said so people know what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: I think you said that you liked his approach, Trump's approach to pute Putin, and I said, oh, you mean on your knees. That's what I said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when we cut off. But yeah, Mike, here's the point, and you misquoted me in there. What I said was Putin is Satan. But Trump is the only one who's been able to protect innocent from Satan. Because Satan invades Ukraine during Obama, invades Ukraine during Biden, doesn't invade it during Trump. So Trump has a way to manage Putin. And I said, is long as it works, I trust Trump on that. So I didn't hear the apology. But that's okay. I'm not hung up on apologies. You know, I want more mercy than justice for myself.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to be I want to be clear. I wasn't talking about sex.
Speaker 1: Okay, we good. No, I'm glad you. I'm glad you clarified that. Thank you, thank you, Hope you have a great weekend. I'll thank you, Mike. I in fact, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: I think that's the most harmonious end to an eerie my phone call we've ever had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very disappointing. Eric in Denver, you're on the Dan Kapla Show, Elk Americans Greater American. I had to tell Eric he was right too earlier this week. But yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 5: Dan, you can't be serious about Amy Coney Barrett. Please tell me you're just joking. She's worse than the Libs, my brother. She votes against President the.
Speaker 6: Great President Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: Like at the time, Dan, she I mean, my god, her and Roberts they both.
Speaker 6: Need to be impeached.
Speaker 7: If I was a g BONDI I would investigate them. Are you getting some USA U S A I D money too?
Speaker 6: Is that why you vote it that way?
Speaker 1: Murkas, the weekend started early for you there, my friend. No, this is nutty stuff. You know you're not nutty, but this is nutty. I mean, Amy, Connie Barrett. You go look at her, look at her track record. I mean, has she been perfect? What human is? No? No, seriously, if you look at it, At where she has come down on these she has been a very, very reliable, overall originalist vote on the US Supreme Court. Every now and then she goes off in a different direction. But all I suggest, Derek, if you, if you, if you deep dive though those opinions where I say I disagree with her, Like I think one of the worst Supreme Court decisions in thirty years was the one earlier in the week upholding the District Court judge who says Trump has to send two billion in four and eight. I think that's one of the worst decisions in thirty years. But if you dig in, she always she has a rationale. I just believe she's honest and sincere and fearless, and she's going to follow the law on the facts where she believes they should lead. And just because I disagree with there doesn't mean oh, all of the sudden now she wants to be loved by the elitist on the East coast. Guess what if she wanted to be loved by the elitist on the East Coast, she wouldn't have been with the majority in Dobbs. Because once you have the courage to go there and Dobbs, you are never going to be anything other than reviled and vilified and perhaps physically attacked by some elements out there. So I think these attacks on her are unfair.
Speaker 6: You're the president and then you not me as a justice, But.
Speaker 1: That would be the wrong approach. Eric, That'd be I'm just I'm not trying to be good at two shoes. That would be the wrong approach. If if you are, it's a sacred trust, right, there are some jobs out there that are sacred trust I've always thought DA's jobs were sacred trusts, and and I think these judge jobs are sacred trusts. And if you have the kind of the ultimate sacred trust to be in a US Supreme Court justice, and you're going to play partisan politics with that, that that man that's that's already better buy an ASBESTO suit. What's that to be buried in.
Speaker 6: The threats start coming. Yeah, and Kavanaugh, why.
Speaker 1: Didn't she flip or vote on Dobbs? All those threats started coming during Dobbs Plus, Eric enjoyed the call thank you. Plus you could see those No. I think I think she is the real deal. Congressman Gabe Evans next, boy, he did a great job during the hearings, questioning lawless Mike Johnston of Denver. We'll have the congressman himself after the break on the Dan Caplass ship.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Capliss Show podcast because.
Speaker 8: Of the second item that we're going to display here, which is the standard FBI fingerprint card, something that I filled out for over a decade when I was a police officer, which has those items as mandatory fields location of birth and then the citizenship. And so I've heard, being a cop in the Denver metro area that police officers in Denver are being told not to fill out those mandatory fields in the FBI fingerprint card, which could potentially indicate why you're unsure of how many of these crimes are being committed by illegal immigrants in your city. So the second question is, will you allow Denver police officers to fill out all of the information on FBI fingerprint card to including asking for and recording the citizenship status.
Speaker 1: Thank you Congressman. Right now, under city we do not ask someone status a point of contact and that does not prejudice it. Busted. He got busted by a former officer. Now Congressman Gabe Evans did marvelous job with Denver Mayor Mike Johnston the other day and there hearing Congressman, welcome back to the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 4: Always great to be on with you.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. What was that like? What was that whole exchange like for you?
Speaker 9: I mean, you know my backstore. I spent twelve years in the army, another ten years in law enforcement. I am Hispanic, and so going into this whole conversation about sanctuary cities, to me was it was really a chance to be able to highlight the problems that we've seen boots on the ground in the streets and public safety in Colorado, which is that despite all of the nice sounding talking points from our governor and from our mayor about how, of course they would never interfere with getting violent criminals removed from our communities, in actual practice, they do not allow law enforcement off officers to even collect that information, which, as you just heard, is a required part of the standard booking procedure for anybody that's arrested for a crime, and furlish fingerprints are required. It has been for decades, and so just the ways behind the scenes that the governor and the mayor have worked to make it next to impossible for law enforcement to be able to even identify if somebody illegally present commits a violent crime throws complete and total cold water on their theory that they want to cooperate with the federal authorities to be able to get violent criminals out of our community, which might indicate which might be a clue in why Denver is dangerous city in the country and why Denver's homicide rate is double San Francisco's homicide rate.
Speaker 1: No, you exposed them as liars, is what you did, because you know they like to twist statistics, which you also called them on congressmen and claim they don't crimes actually going down. But the most critical question is how many crimes are being committed by people who shouldn't even be here, And you brilliantly zeroed in right on that and you busted him. They make sure that the public can't know that answer by not collecting that information.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and if you don't have that information, then that also means you can't work with your federal counterparts to get violent criminals Trendia Aragua, like the Cinaloa cartel, like the Hallisco cartel, removed from our communities. And we know from criminal intelligence that the vast majority of fentanyl that is trafficked in the Denver metro area is trafficked by one of those two cartels, the Cineloa cartell or the Hallisco cartel. And so when we have these sanctuary city and state policies that don't allow police officers to even collect that information when somebody has been arrested for a crime, then of course those drug dealers are going to be released back into the community because there's no way to even flag for ice that that individual needs to be removed.
Speaker 1: Right, which leads to this core question. I'm sure you've thought about a lot, because, Okay, you devote your life to public service, military law enforcement jobs that could get you killed, you know, helping others. These people are devoting their lives to do in everything they can to protect criminals. People who are here legally who have also committed other crimes. That's the point. So why do you think they're doing that?
Speaker 9: I mean, and that is the true mystery and the true frustration here, you know, because to be completely clear, right again, I'm Hispanic. My grandfather immigrated to this country. He got his citizenship in World War Two fighting in Patent's Third Army in the Western Front in Europe. So this is not a conversation about immigration. We are a country of immigrants. This is a conversation about the rule of law when you have people illegally present, who are committing other crimes and who are still being protected by the governor, by the mayor with these sanctuary city policies. And you know, I wish I could.
Speaker 7: Tell you I knew what their end game was, but all.
Speaker 9: I can tell you is the facts, which is that it is jeopardizing public safety. Denver's the tenth most dangerous city in the country right now. Six years ago we didn't even make the top fifty list, and now we're the tenth. In twenty twenty four, the Dea seed a record amount of sentinyl in the in Colorado. And again fentanyl comes to Colorado because of the Cinelo and the Harlisco cartels, which completely contradicts Mayor Johnson's statement that crime is actually going down. Well, no, not when you're getting record fentanyl seizures from two known cartels. And at the end of the day, it all leads to the end result of you know, in the case of Sentinel, it is the number one killer of Americans ages eighteen to forty five. Every month, more people die from fentanyl than die in the highre September eleventh terrorist attack. That's why the new Trump administration designated these cartels as terrorist organizations, and the mayor and the governor continue to double down on policies that provide sanctuary and safe harbor for those criminal organizations to operate in our communities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Congressman Gay Evans our guest. At the same time, Congressmen, as you know, you had fourteen very prominent, big time restaurant owners send this very angry letter to the mayor saying that that Denver's falling apart around them and pointing out how we don't have a homeless problem, we have an addiction problem. And then they tell all these stories of what's causing their restaurants to fail or will cause the restaurant to fail. With all these people addicted and most of it's fentanyl, and yet still Mayor Johnston would rather protect people here illegally who have committed other crimes than protect his city and businesses in these restaurants. Well, no matter what his motive is, what can be done? What can be at this point by the Feds? Does Trump's dog need to take any action? Do they have a legal basis to take action?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So there's a couple of things there.
Speaker 4: Actually.
Speaker 9: Number one is the act that I just introduced in Congress. It's called the Uplift Act, unhandcuffing police to locate an interdict foreign transgressors. It does a couple of things, but relevant to this conversation, it actually indemnifies and extends hold harmless protections to state and local law enforcement who choose to actually work with their federal immigration counterparts in order to get criminals who are committing other crimes out of our communities. Because right now, if you're a Denver police officer and you go work with ICE or you go work with DEA in ways that are not currently permitted as a result of these sanctuary city policies, you can be punished for doing that. Potentially up to and including losing your job. And so my bill that we introduced a couple of weeks ago basically indemnifies them and says that if they are working with their federal counterparts for the purposes of that action, as long as it's done in good faith and in connection to a known or suspected crime, indemnified by the US government.
Speaker 1: Boy, I love that. I love that in our last forty seconds together, and grateful for you, Tom. I know it's been a crazy week for you. Do you think we'll see Trump's DOJ come after Johnston and Denver the way it's gone after New York State in Hulkell?
Speaker 9: Who can say? I think one of the things that came to light, obviously with my line of questioning around the fingerprint card is that if a law enforcement agency like the Denver Police Department is being directed to provide what is effectively bad data to the federal government and to the criminal justice databases, there definitely is an are you to be made the government being able to question why Denver is giving them bad data and be able to take legal action to it sure at least the fidelity of the data that's being transmitted.
Speaker 1: Well Congressman, Hey, appreciate your great work. It's it's fun to watch you now in action, and so glad you're there and look forward to the next conversation.
Speaker 9: Always I enjoy being on the show with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, you take care of Congressman Dave Evans, the real deal. Good to see you can text d An five seven, seven, three nine. They're kind of blowing up this afternoon and we're taking suggestions on some additional fill in host. I've got probably seven jury trials, all big cases between now and the end of the year, and so we're going to have a lot of these superstar fill ins. And as you know, we've already got a great crew, but we want to add a little fresh blood. So any suggestions text d An five, seven, seventh through nine. Getting a lot of great ones. Have a kind of serious news story to do when Quebec not the biggest thing in the world, but it might turn into something really big and nobody's talking about it now, so I want to make sure it's on your radar. You're on the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast text exploding.
Speaker 1: Want to get to that and then I'm sorry to insert some kind of newsy stuff, but just have this on your radar because if this reporting is true, and Sean Spicer suggesting that it is, then the Trump DOJ I think, is going to go hard after these Obama people. I don't know if it is true or not, but just have it on your radar.
Speaker 10: With respect to Russia, there are now serious reports the Victoria Newland and Susan Rice and others from the Obama adminision, the Biden administration, we're undermining the deal and telling and advising Zelensky not to do that.
Speaker 1: Now, if that's true. If that's not true, that's great.
Speaker 10: If it is true, there needs to be equal prosecution under the Logan Act.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So again, I don't know if it's true, but you know, Trump not shy, and if it is true, I expect we're going to see something on that front. Dan and Ryan, how do you pronounce this?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: L A N n Es Pizza in Pueblo best ever? Have not been there, but good to know. Dan. There's a video of Justice Barrett that chows her reaction to Trump after a speech. There is no love lost there, Jim Jim. I went back and looked at that last night because I saw your text. I'm just not seeing the same thing. It must be in the eye of the beholder. And again I have great I really have great confidence in Justice Barrett. And I don't think that the concerns right now are justified. I believe me. I get how bad that last Scotus opinion was a few days ago, but it's a human endeavor, and I think every now and then, even the best are going to get it wrong. I think, respectfully, I think she's a great Justice. Dan. The best pizza in Denver in the late sixties was it Bonnie bray Boy. That was always my wife's favorite. Sadly gone? And it is Dan Nicolas Pizza and I co o l Os good to that in Highlands Ranch, Dan, your guest co host could be eerie Mike and Eric. Interesting, that would be quite a combo. Dan. What is Blue Pan Pizza? Do you know?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Apparently it's something Hechigan. Okay, that's a Detroit style pizza. They're very good.
Speaker 2: It's run by a former University of Michigan football player. And I walked in there one day, real quick story. I look upon the wall. Their pennants for the Red Wings and the Pistons and the Tigers and Lions and Michigan. I'm wearing my Michigan state Here I go, Hey, if I brought you a Michigan state flag, would you put that up? And she just looked at me, the bartender, and said, no, why not. She's what the owner played for Michigan. I'm like, I get it, but we're Big ten champions of basketball and hockey, so I just want to say that, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: What position did you play? No, I'm kidding. A fan from the stands on watching on TV.
Speaker 2: There's Bluepan and then there's a new one called three one three, which I think Kelly has.
Speaker 1: Been to with Adam as well.
Speaker 2: Ye good, and that's a good And they have Fago, which anybody that's in michigander out there. That's a very specific Detroit brand pop.
Speaker 1: It's really sweet though, Yeah, yes it is, but rock and Rye get it. It'll change your life wonderful and if you're in Chicago, it's Palermo's another suggestion for Ryan to fill in. As I've mentioned before, nobody better than Ryan. But Ryan's too big time for this show now well, and he's tired by the end of his show before ours. Dan Peyton Manning the early Am guy, and k how Mike. Well, yeah, we've had a number of Michael Brown suggestions. If you're in the Denver markt Michael Brown. He's just a superstar and there's no way that he would do this show, nor should he, because he's he's got that early morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe remotely, possibly from his home, but even then that would be only imagine the daggers.
Speaker 1: He would shoot us with a look. But he is so good. He does mourning, he's great. Six thirty kids w in Denver, Dan host suggestion Ammy Kaplis. Were getting a lot of those, and I think there's a better chance of getting her to vote for Trump's third term than to coming to a radio show. She's a very private person, which is odd for somebody who was a main news anchor for a decade. But Dan, what about your fellow Culum and former eight fifty k O personality Big Al Alfred Williams. There's just nobody better than Big L. I mean, just it'd be interesting. Is just an extraordinary human.
Speaker 2: Pretty certain his politics are different from ours as well.
Speaker 1: I have no idea Kelly has no idea, Kelly, but it truly would not matter to me at all, just a great human. Hey what do you think? Sorry to get newsy here, but what do you think Trump is talking about? Here? But then that's going to be the next thing you'll be talking about is Irn? What's going to happen with the Ran?
Speaker 10: And there'll be some interesting days ahead, That's all I can tell you. You know, with Dad, the final strokes with Iran, that's going to be an interesting time.
Speaker 1: What do you think he's talking about there? You know, the president's a man of action. He goes on to say, we can't let Aroan have nukes, right, he's a man of action.
Speaker 2: I think he wouldn't be against a very precise strike of nuclear facilities in Iran, but that would be a big gamble, I think.
Speaker 1: I think the reference to strokes means some kind of deal. Oh he preferred piece through strength kind of thing. But but no, Iran cannot have nukes and Trump has been very consistent about that, and others have said it. But Trump actually has the backbone and the will necessary to accomplish it. So hopefully it's another piece through strength example there. But what a week cannot wait for next one? So hope you guys have a great weekend. It was what plans anything going on?
Speaker 2: I'm going to see Bobby Collins that Comedy Works South tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's wonder. He was in studio with me earlier today. You know, I think I heard you talking about that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was the last time you went to comedy Works then? Oh man, I always enjoy comedy. We got to get it bat it's been aching and they've got the one in the Tech center too.
Speaker 1: You know what we need. Last time I was in that building was we did one of the big battle of the talk show hosts. Sold that sucker out for charity. It turned into a brawl. I'm surprised we didn't need three police departments there. But we need to do another one of those for charity, and maybe we'll match it up with a charity boxing match the same night. Hey, have a great weekend. Join us Monday please. I'm the Dan Kapla Show.