Speaker 1: Do you like your morning radio from people that actually live in Austin and aren't pretending to live here?
Speaker 2: Stick around.
Speaker 1: The JB and Sandy Hour starts at seven on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one. Trisia's got a Megan Markle story, and she's actually on Megan Markle's side. I think it's a first.
Speaker 3: I mean it's been a it's a first in a very long time.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it in just a second.
Speaker 1: You know what's really hard to get my brain around right now, is that, uh, the end of the school year is close.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she's got two weeks. Yeah, two weeks left.
Speaker 2: Which is hard. Just wow, that year went.
Speaker 3: Fast, very fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's different all over the place with you know, when kids are getting out of school. But we've got two weeks left and then she's onto her junior year. She'll be an upper classman.
Speaker 2: I know. The story's wheel good morning.
Speaker 3: The whole studio. So another pr issue is bubbled up for Megan Markle, who, by the way, she's announced she wants to be called Megan Sussex, but nobody will do it. They still call her Megan Markle.
Speaker 2: No One calls any of the royals by their last.
Speaker 3: I know, but she said that that's a couple of weeks ago. That's what she wanted to be called and it's yet to happen. It reminds me of when they changed Twitter to X. Nobody calls it X. Everybody calls it X, formerly known as Twitter, So people are like not doing it so well. Woman named Robert Robin Patrick. She's a fan of Megan Markles. She decided to follow one of the Bath Salt's recipes that Markle posted on her with Love Megan Netflix show, so she attempted to duplicate the mixture. It's epsom salt, Himalayan salt, arnica oil, and lavender, which sounds delightful right. She decided to test it out in her own bath. She now claims she's developed huge ulcers on her skin that have not healed as a result of that bath mixture, so she's lawyered up. She is seeking a minimum of seventy five thousand dollars to cover medical expenses and ten million dollars for Markel, Netflix and Archwalk Productions for the reckless disregard of public safety and to deter similar conduct in the future, then this might be a little bit of good news. She also said that she would be willing to settle out of court if a financial agreement could be reached.
Speaker 1: I'm not a lawyer, but don't you need to have like several cases of this to bring any case at all?
Speaker 2: Like it's a one off thing. She's the only person.
Speaker 3: That happened to, right, and how is she going to prove that she followed exactly? Yeah, the directions that the recipe that on this show. You know what I mean this is I feel like this just screams money graps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: And I and for that reason, I would be on Megan Markle's site on this too.
Speaker 2: And I'm not a huge fan of hers.
Speaker 3: No I'm not either, But I mean that would be like people going online and posting like drink recipes and you copying the drink recipe, but you know what, and then something weird happens to you and then you're suing the guy who made a drink. Yeah, I mean it just makes no sense.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. So I mean they're targets for stuff like this. I'm sure they've got got some lawyers on full time retainer.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure they do, but also that they checked out their little ups salt heavily and salt mixture before they posted it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone gave it a thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Robin Patrick, you need to slither back away wherever you came from.
Speaker 1: That's not cool, right, That is the story. We love stick around more coming up. So I formulated a plan for Mother's Day, kind of bounced it off. Tricia was the dinner plan for Mother's Day. And I had formulated the plan of what I was going to do, and I told Tricia, how about I grow some steaks, I'll make a salad maybe you know, a potato or a vegetable or something. We'll have a nice meal at home, which was just like, eh, let's just got Mexican food. Yes, Like, okay, it's Mother's Day. You get to make that call.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I normally, when you're the cook, I'm the cleaner. I don't feel like cleaning anything on Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 3: But you're like, no, no, I'll clean up. But we all know that there's time issues. We have lots stuff going on on Sundays. We know that I'm going to come in and clean anyway, And it makes me feel guilty to just be sitting around while you're cooking. It's weird for it to be Mother's Day and everybody's who wait on me hand and fit.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: That makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: You'd be fine if it's a perfect stranger.
Speaker 3: But I would be fine if it were like a Thursday, Right.
Speaker 2: I get it, I understand. So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we just went out and had Mexican food. Tresha got her to Molly's.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did. I got some caeso and chips and some Tomali's.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm cold beer.
Speaker 3: No, I did not drink beer. No, I got a Shirley Temple room.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. I thought you got it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm on this kick about Shirley Temples lately.
Speaker 2: I always enjoy ordering a Shirley Temple.
Speaker 1: I'm a For those who have never seen me, I'm a fairly large man, bald headed, just big features.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And I got and I sit down at a bar and I don't And by the way, I don't drink and I quit nine years ago, and I tell the bartender I'll go, how about a I'm a Shirley Temple And they always look.
Speaker 3: Like, huh, like you lick to check and see if you're kidding?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I go and then when they do that, I go, you know what, make it a double extra cherry?
Speaker 2: Extra cherries please?
Speaker 3: Oh remember the last time we went out to dinner. I went to some steakhouse and I ordered a Shirley Temple and they brought it up with no cherries.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: But what was her name? What was our wedn's name? Was it like Brittany or something? And she was handing it to me and I go, oh, Britney, I go, who makes a Shirley Temple without cherries? I was like, can I get this back to you? I was kind of kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She was like, oh my god, I always check. I'm so sorry. She could tell that I was kidding. I wasn't being and she pushed it on the bartender. Yeah, and then she came back with a huge cup of cherries. She knew I was kidding. I wasn't being a Karen about my cherries or anything. What is your Shirley Temple kick lately? I don't know.
Speaker 2: And at the Mexican food restaurant, you get it in the huge.
Speaker 3: Gass the big goblet shah. Right, Maybe that's why because it's fun there.
Speaker 2: Maybe so have you ever had a Roy Rogers?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Not interested?
Speaker 2: Cherry Coke?
Speaker 3: Not interested? No, but I'll drink a Shirley Temple all day long. Very refreshing. It is refreshing. Treat.
Speaker 1: Hope all you moms had a good Mother's day. Stay with us. We've got more coming out. On Austin's eighties station one O three point one, Patricia says her.
Speaker 2: Mind was blown by a number that she.
Speaker 1: Discovered about how much of the ocean we have actually explored.
Speaker 2: All right, that's coming up in just a second.
Speaker 1: Quick reminder, give us a follow on Instagram, at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio and stream the podcast wherever it is. You get your podcast by searching the Sandy Show.
Speaker 5: All right, Sandy, ready for and I told you so a little bit of an I told yourself? I know you are Yeah, so you know how I have always said that one of my greatest wishes is to find like a baby raccoon or a baby squirrel, bring it home and rehabilitate it, then have it as a pet, or have it love.
Speaker 2: Me in turn, would be my biggest night.
Speaker 3: So ps in the seventeen hundreds and eighteen hundred squirrels were popular pets. It's not a weird, random thing. It was actually a thing.
Speaker 1: So because it was done three four hundred years ago, it's no longer a random own.
Speaker 3: Now it's a real thing. It's not like weird brothers and sisters too. Well, that's weird, but this was not weird any longer. It's totally legitimized and validated it.
Speaker 1: For me, it's ridiculous to think that you would win a filthy, naughty oh.
Speaker 3: Raccoon or a squirrel. I would bring it home and I would beat it by hand, and I would bathe it and cuddle it and keep it warm, and then let it play with me during the day.
Speaker 5: Yes, I would.
Speaker 2: You won't even get you even want a dog.
Speaker 3: I just don't want to have to pick up the dog's poop, the biggest squirrel poop. Well, I would teach my squirrel to go in the little bit.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I would try to Moving on, Sandy, do you care or don't care? To find out who is at the top of the list to replace Kelly Clarkson on her Kelly Clarkson Show. In case Kelly Clarkson leaves.
Speaker 2: Curious because I doubt it's a good option.
Speaker 3: It's a random option, ho to copy to just up the Today's show. I mean, I guess I feel like those are two completely different personalities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess. I mean, like you're okay.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't make me want to put it this way, doesn't make me want to tune in.
Speaker 3: Right, I feel like it firmly says that hotal love today because she was tired of getting up. So sure, yeah, for sure, sure, But that's cuge.
Speaker 2: That's an easy gig. Yeah, that's easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know why she would leave it now.
Speaker 2: I didn't know she was leaving.
Speaker 3: I don't know for sure if she is or not. They're just saying that it appear. I feel like if there's a list that's being made that maybe there's some rumbling. She was absent for a while, so I think that put a big question mark out for everybody. They didn't ever say, way.
Speaker 2: We Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 3: Oh God, that Drew Barrymore thing makes me crazy? All right, are you ready for this crazy ocean fact?
Speaker 2: I'm ready ready, righty, all right.
Speaker 3: A STEADI found that we've got a long way to go when it comes to exploring the bottom of the ocean. We've done over forty thousand deep sea dives since the late nineteen fifties, but there is still ninety nine point ninety nine nine percent of the ocean floor that has never been seen. Wow, that's how vast the oceans are. Wow, ninety nine point ninety nine nine percent never seen.
Speaker 1: So there could be a place deeper than the Mariana Trench they just don't.
Speaker 3: Know it, maybe, or more crazy creatures that lived down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was something on The America's where they went pretty deep down there and they had stuff that had never been photographed before. And one of the creatures had an eyeball on the top.
Speaker 2: Of its head. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super weird and creepy. Yeah. Did you ever see the episode of The Americas where they showed how they filmed it? No, you need to watch it. It's on there. You need to watch it. It's incredible how they did it.
Speaker 2: That's wrapping. Excuse me? That is that care? Don't care?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ortun name Tricia, I'm Sandy Moore.
Speaker 1: Coming up on one O three point one Austin's eighties station and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. It's very, very very important that you understand that Trisha and I are married, have been married for a long time, for seventeen years.
Speaker 3: Long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we can talk to each other differently than most man and woman on the radio.
Speaker 2: That you hear, right, And.
Speaker 1: I created a list of things in the actual title of my list in my composition book, things I can do that will make Tricia very attracted to me. And here's what made me think of the list. To make this a list, I was mass deleting emails. I deleted over fifteen thousand emails.
Speaker 2: WHOA today?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you had that many in your inbox? And folders are all in your inbox?
Speaker 1: That was all that was just in my I think my subscriptions for Yeah, yeah, but I'm down to like twenty two hundred.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I still have a lot of anxiety about that.
Speaker 2: That makes you a little more attracted to me, right.
Speaker 3: That you sat there and you cleaned out your email folder. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another thing I have on my list of things I can do that will make Trista Verry attracted to me change sheets.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, huh yep. I walked in the other day and you were cleaning your room and changing your sheets, and I was.
Speaker 2: All, there, it is you hear me vacuuming?
Speaker 3: I did, And I knew that you were vacuuming with your door open, so I specifically would hear you vacuuming?
Speaker 1: No, I did it because I didn't have a plug outlet that I could use, and the one that I could use was out in the hallway.
Speaker 3: No, but I knew it. And I was all, I think he's sending out the vibe.
Speaker 1: Maybe I was, maybe you were another thing I can do. You're going to see a trend here, friends, if you pay attention. Things I can do that will make Tricia more attracted to me.
Speaker 4: Unload the dishwasher, Oh god, yes, yes, yes, wow, I didn't think it wasn't quite that.
Speaker 3: You're going to run the distrussure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, holy craps.
Speaker 3: Little Harriemett Sally moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the fourth thing that I have on my list of things I could do that will make Tricia Berry attracted to me.
Speaker 2: White countertops with Clorox.
Speaker 3: Gros yep, wipe anything. Wipe me with a Clorox white. Can you do anything with the Clorox white?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, gar Indeed, I really wasn't expecting that reaction from the Slush, but I'll take it yet, I'll take it. Happy Mother's Day, everybody. Stick around. We've got more coming out on Austin's eighties station one O three point one and streaming at one O three to one austin dot com