Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston.
Speaker 2: Radio, baw yass up the duck boats. That could be the turning point of the season tonight. You just never know. We'll look back and say it all started on May thirtieth. We'll see, We'll see. Okay, everybody, we have reached the end of another week of Nightside. I was off two nights this week, Wednesday and Thursday. I want to thank again Gary Tangway for sitting in and allowing me to go to an event in Canada in Montreal on Wednesday. Night with that was a good friend of mine, Chris Nylan presenting a one man show that was just an amazing presentation. It will be posted, I'm sure at some point it will receive, you know, a lot of reviews. Chris basically told his life story. I had negotiated the contract that gave him the option of doing this show on terms that were I thought very favorable to him. And I sat with my wife and with his wife and a crowd of about six hundred people at a fabulous venue in Montreal. And that's where I was for two nights. So it was very important that I could be there to watch this presentation take place. You may see it at some point in the not too distant future on I don't know one of the the the channels on television. There. Again, I don't want to change anything, but I think it certainly merits that there was a very clear and strong message from Chris Nyland just to see delivered strong messages on the isis and remember the Watrial Canadians, other New York Rangers, the Boston Bruins, and again the Montreal Canadians. He did a great job. He held nothing back, which was his role as a player. Just it was. It was quite a presentation. Anyway, This was my third night, but this is our twentieth hour of the week, so I'm kind of Gary Gary Tangways four hours on Wednesday and four hours on Thursday. I kind of addressed what that Gary talked about. But we've had a week that started with a gentleman who climbed Mount Everest. We talked with a sleep expert from Mass General Brigham. We talked with the CEO of Scouting Boston. We talked with a doctor about unhealthy air here on the East Coast. We had a tribute to Memorial Day on Monday night, at nine o'clock the meaning of Memorial Day. Later on, and then at eleven o'clock we talked about Kermit the Frog's commencement speech at the University of Maryland. That will be our best of nightside on Sunday night. It may not have been the best hour of the week, but it was an interesting hour and it's one that I think people who when they listen on Sunday night will see that that we deal with a wide range range of topics here on Nightside. On Tuesday night, we talked with Mike Dean of Axios about the cost of renting in Boston. Talked with the owner of a new facility in Brockton. Talked with Kevin Paul DuPont, Boston Globe writer and a columnist and Great Hockey analyst about what needs to be done to fix the Bruins next season beginning in October. Talked about waiters and others perhaps in the new tax bill no longer having to pay taxes on tips or workers who work overtime, and then we talked about out two hours on Tuesday night, Donald Trump really seems to have his focus on Harvard, and I think he's wasting a lot of legitimate political capital on that. We'll talk more about that, I'm sure next week. I think that that for some reason he's not willing to accept concessions that have been made by the administration at Harvard, which I think is a mistake. And we talked about empathy with an author, Jill Robin Payne at eleven o'clock on Tuesday night. Earlier tonight, we talked with Zach Dole of US News and World Report about the safest cars that are out there for young people. Talk with Jerry Greenfield, co owner of Ben and Jerry's, the Jerry of Ben and Jerry's about the scuper Bowl next week here in Boston. Talk with Jack Daugherty, the CEO of College Hype about Dorchesterday this weekend and that was an integral day many years ago that got Colledge hype off the ground. And talk with Jonathan Oliver. If you're on the mass Turnpike around one twenty eighth tonight, that construction work now has been going on for about two hours and thirteen minutes. I would love to hear a report from someone out there who could tell me what the traffic situation is. Rob you might if you would mind checking in with our traffic people. I'd love to know if this is going smoothly or if people did not pay attention to the advisories that we talked about a couple of weeks ago and talked about earlier tonight to avoid the Massachusetts Turnpike Route one twenty eight area as they work the Massachusets Department of Transportation works on the bridge on the Newton West so called Newton Weston Bridge. Weston is in the town of Western. We talked for an hour at nine o'clock about the Market Basket family feud renewed and the RDT the hero of Market Basket twenty fourteen has been fired. And last hour with Kevin Soirelli, a futurist, talking about Meet the Future, his group, his website Meet the Future MTF dot tv, but talked about the future of medicine. I thought it was a really good hour last hour, So I'm going to open this up now. Never done this before. I'm related an hour at ten o'clock on a Friday night to the eleven o'clock hour. Normally we go very light in the eleven o'clock hour, and if we have to, we will, but I would prefer to kind of spin off the eleven o'clock hour. And as medicine improves, and as diagnostic medicine gets better, my question is, would you want to know if indeed there is a relatively simple tests for Alzheimer's or if there's a simple test for any condition, neurologic condition, physical condition. All of us as we age know that our bodies are not, depending upon our age, are not as supple, they're not as strong as they want they once were, and that all of us as we get older feel these aches and pains, and whether it's arthritis or rheumatism or something more serious such as Alzheimer's. If there were tests, would you want to know? And it could be tests for more than Alzheimer's. Frankly there could be. There are still they're a test right now for blood tests, which I think are going to only get better. Where you pay for these, These are not covered by insuring urrance. They're not prohibitively expensive, but they certainly are expensive. They are a few hundred dollars where you can have a blood draw taken. And they believe that cancer cells that are developing within your body, basically the cancer cells like any cell flakes off, and that these blood tests have the capacity to figure out if you have some cancer cells that are beginning to develop. And the idea is that with the blood tests, if they do detect cancer cells that are flaking off and the presence of cancer cells, it is much better to be diagnosed with cancer stage one as opposed to cancer stage four, irrespective of what's the cancer might be now. And again, I don't want to end as a downer here at the end of the week, okay, but I just I'd like to know, And we don't have to do this if you don't want to. My audience always decides what we want to do. Think about this and think about whatever. Whether you want to talk about a blood screen for cancer, or whether you want to talk about a blood screen for Alzheimer's, which apparently the FDA has now approved, I say the FDA, not apparently the FDA has approved. How quickly that will become available? Would you want to know at what age would you begin to worry about it? Would you want to know in your thirties that you had the propensity to develop some disease? In your sixties, seventies, or eighties, would that hang over you like a cloud. I certainly wouldn't want to know at an early age. At the same time, the advantage of knowing that is that you could prepare a treatment plan or a treatment program for something like that. I think there's some pretty good arguments on both sides of this question that I'm asking. It is a genuine a general, excuse me, a general Would you want to know? It's as simple as that. Some people may say, yes, I'd like to know so I can anticipate it and treat it, plan for it, and deal with it. And others may say, no, I don't want to know. I would rather deal with whatever comes along in my life when it comes along in my life, and hopefully rely upon medicine. Obviously, if you were taking an Alzheimer's test now at the age of let's say forty, and it said yes, you have a predisposition thirty years from now, again, assuming that it could be diagnosed, they may come up with a cure for that disease in that period of time. So I'm going to open the lines up six months, two, five, four to ten thirty six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty would you want to know? Uh, science is wonderful advances in medicine are wonderful. Would you want to know? Would you want to know how long you were going to live? Maybe there'll be a test someday that will say to you, Okay, you're now X number. You have so many years left? I don't know. Would you want to know? We'll take a quick break. It is a very quick break, So dial now or forever hold your thoughts. Normally, this is a different sort to question. You know, on the eleven o'clock hour, everybody has a hall pass. So if you called earlier this week, this is the hour in which you can have a second call and not be penalized for it. Coming back on nine side six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty, I simply throw the topics out if if you respond adequately. If not, I'll figure something else out for the final forty minutes of the week. Back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Right after this, It's night Side with Dan Ray on ws Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, all you folks out there who are sitting and saying, I gotta wait to see what other people say. Got a couple of folks who want to get this going we'll either get it going or we won't. Six one, seven, five, four dead thirty is the only line. Let me go to a very brave Claudean in Beverly. Hi, Claude Dean, Welcome to nightside. How are you?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 3: I'm wonderful. How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Great to hear your voice, and thanks for calling in. I don't know if you've called in before, but god, I needed your call in tonight to get this conversation going. Oh are you thank you?
Speaker 3: I'm good. I know, I'm surprised I'm calling in. Okay, first I talked fast, so and I'm growth stuff down so I don't get all jumbled. But anyway, would you like me to start with the Alzheimer's or.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, before you do, I got to ask you. Have you call before it's your first time?
Speaker 3: No, I called them. Let's see, I called them that time. I don't know how many years ago. It was maybe like seven or eight years ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't don't make it seven and eight years before the next call. It might not be here.
Speaker 3: So hey, you know you never know, all right? Sure, absolutely right? Oh you're funny. Okay, So, so you're saying about like, you know, cancer cells, would you like to have a blood test? Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: You know that don't exists, by the way, that right, I know that, yeah today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I know. Yeah. But I mean, if you're like ten twelve, you know, we probably all deep in somewhere in our tissues, even as kids have like some sort of cancer cellf I mean, I'm making this up. I have no idea it is medically true, but it sounds right. I think it's first right, So do you know what I'm saying, Like we have cancer cells because shells are dying all the time, and they might not affect you, right, So some people can have cancer and it doesn't do any you know, it doesn't them in the way that you would think. So but but yeah, so, And I also clearly answered these questions because you know what I mean, like, I'm the answer I am. Now. I can't say, well, if I was when I was thirty, if I found out, I was gonna have to mention, you know, because that's it can only answer for how I feel about right now of course, And I'm you know, I'm how old I am? I half a century old? So but so my life is like going towards the end. So you know, and if I I'm sorry, I'm okay. Oh okay.
Speaker 2: So I think what you're saying, I'm sorry, Hold just take a deep breath. I think what you're saying is that at different points in your life you.
Speaker 1: May feel differently, right.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was in my twenties, you feel like not I'm never going to have a problem with anything. But what happens, Yeah, there you do develop problems and hopefully you deal with them and you and you move on the the the idea of the blood test with with cancer off is that if you do have a positive test, that you would find out about stage one as opposed to stage four. But so go ahead tell you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely thank you for doing that. Yes that it was very helpful. I'm very okay. So but I was saying, oh god, I forgot right. Yes, it's faking off. If you want to know, oh well right now, I mean like if I if I'm sonto had dementia, then you can probably you know, you can the cancer self. There either one I personally, I think it depends on like if you want to have you know, treatments and you know radiation. But I can't say I'd ever want to go through that, even if it was stage one. I mean so, I mean stage one is that, you know what, they just do a simple procedure.
Speaker 2: And I said, well, you know, well, I think when I think when we talked about stage one, in stage four, when you hear someone is diagnosed with a serious cancer, okay, yeah, it's almost like they're going to say to you, look, this is stage four. This is going to be difficult. We're going to have to be much more invasive and and you're gonna have to do whatever. Whereas if if, if your your chances of actually beating any of those horrific diseases are increased the earlier you find out. In Joe Biden's case, I'm just using that as an example. Apparently doing prostate tests, they didn't even do the simple PSA blood test on him, and from what I've read, uh he's now eighty two, that if they had just simply done the PSA tests on him, they would have seen a spike in his PSA and that would have said to them, this needs to be investigated.
Speaker 3: But that's that's shameful, and he's a you know, present, you a private doctor it.
Speaker 2: Is, I mean, because that's yeah, that that isn't that is insane. So come back to you to our situation and your situation. Would you would you want to know? Would you rather let nature run its course? Because that's really the alternative. If you say I don't want to know, then what you're saying is leave my I'll leave my faith to nature or God or whatever you might believe in.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, I would want to know, but it's it's I don't know. I mean, you could set up for assist suicide. I guess at the end of it. It's really bad. I know that's kind of morbid, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean like I wouldn't want to. I think that's fearful. If you have nine, you get Alzheimer's my name, I have it, I have people in my family. It's it's a horrible disease. But it's I don't I think if I got to a point and be like, okay, just put it a little over my head, like you know, rep apart with everybody, or if I'm really really sick and it cancers my curable, I don't know, it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are these are tough questions there are. There are countries around the world. I have a good friend of mine who a few months ago told me that he was going to travel to Switzerland to end it his life legally. And I said to him, look, I just let's let's go to breakfast and we can talk about it. He says, I know, you talk me out of it, and he's still uh still here uh and and I am going to reach out to him and just say, hey, you know, let's let's go to breakfast and let's let's talk about it. I don't know exactly what his condition is and all of that.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, you have to go through two years, like two years psychiatry thing or something like that.
Speaker 2: Before they I think it in Switzerland it's a little easier, but I'm I'm not. But you know, I think it's all almost Maybe it's it's almost become. You know how a lot of women from China come here to have their children so that the child can be a US citizen. The reverse is kind of true with some of these other countries where you can go and you can end your life. I guess yes, with a lot less red tape and regulation. But again, I don't want to I don't want to depress so many people here.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: So you sound to me like you're you're on defence. You're on defense.
Speaker 3: No, well no, I mean I can say for myself again, I get I'm really a non compliant patient when you know, like when I go to my doctor, I'm like, I don't feel like I'm a physical I just I'm like saying them, but I show up to the appointment because I don't want to, you know, cancel the last minute, and so I just you know, so for them, you know, for them to you know, because you're a simple bloodcess. That's fine. As I get older, though, I've noticed they're finding more and more, you know what I'm saying like this, and I'm like, what the hell. I'm like, you know, itchs and change is one thing, but like you know, when you're looking inside my body and finding stuff, I really don't you know, I'm like, oh, but here is the same thing for benedive, Like they give you like diabetes, Like if you New York diabetes, would you take the necessary measures? It's kind of the same that you are too horrible, Like don't wish them anyway. Things I can answer dementia.
Speaker 2: That's why these are these are difficult things. Just these a difficult question. Just you are. You're a perfect caller right now because you're struggling on air with it, and there were people out there who are struggling on uh not on air. But there's the answer. Isn't as quick and easy as people would think.
Speaker 3: Answer right away?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I did great. You did great. And I'll tell you you You've said the phone lines of lit up for me, which I really right.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much. You have helped us out here tonight. And do me a favor be a more frequent caller. Okay, don't wait too many years, Thanks Claudie.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I have relatives, and I have relatives in Beverly, So yeah, you do, Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Where I can't. I can't, that's right, you can't tell me oh my god, hello, But I know your regular words.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful it's a beautiful town. It is a nice yeah there. And I'm very familiar with Endicott College up there as well. It's one of the most most beautiful college campuses I've ever been on.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I actually I actually went to school there for a little while, but yeahs beautiful. Yeah, look by Lynch President.
Speaker 2: President Wiley built that school and.
Speaker 4: Uhe such a great guy.
Speaker 2: Oh I knew him well, knew him well, had him on the show many times. I actually delivered a commencement speech at Endicott College in two thousand and eight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's amazing. That's that's stables while.
Speaker 2: They their Their commencement speaker this year was Captain Sully, the fellow who flew the plane at landed today. Yeah. Yeah, I like that, great commencement speaker. Go goals, go goals.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but you con meant anyway. So you have a wonderful night, and we're both still here.
Speaker 2: It's important. Thanks Funny, and we'll talk again.
Speaker 3: Thankank youkay, good bye, bye bye.
Speaker 2: All right, we gotta we got news to the bodily hour. People have risen the occasion. The only line that's open in six one seven, be back on night Side right after.
Speaker 1: This side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you our grip, and let me go to Laurie you know and Idaho. Laurie. You were next on Nightside.
Speaker 6: Welcome well, thank you and welcome back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, haven't gone too long, but missed my aud yet. So what you take would you want to know?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and if it's something, if it's a cancer or something that you know, stage one, it's something that has a true path to recovery or or being in you know, whatever for a long time. But Alzheimer's now, because right now, I mean obviously my mother had it, so right now I have a hope that it never happens. If I find a gene that says, yeah, it's going to happen, then your hope is hinged on every single stupid tast experiment, success, whatever the g and it's constantly you know, it's just such it for constant disappointment, disappointment. I'm just gonna just hope it never happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I'm kind of where you are on that. You got to kind of put your faith and and live life, and I think you try to do you best you can to. I don't know the member of your family that had it, did they have a set lifestyle? You know? If I don't think your lifestyle is sedative, it sounds to.
Speaker 6: Me like you're, well, my mother didn't either. I mean, it was my mom and she didn't either have long where it came from. But but no, I don't. And so I'm just gonna, you know, go with the body God gave me.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, I still think there are things that you can do intellectually and physically. I think by being active, that's that's a plus.
Speaker 6: Well that is my lifestyle anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No, I know that living in Idaho, I know that you're you're getting out in the fresh air and all that and uh and I and I know from our phone conversations that you're a very bright person who has a lot of interest. And yeah, I mean I think that's helpful. Uh again, you know, if if we're all going to draw one bad card from the deck, that's for sure nobody gets right. So I hate to sound like a fatalist, but.
Speaker 6: No, you're right, No one lives forever. Yeah, I can make it to seventy five eighty eighty one, that would be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think you'll make it well beyond that. Okay, Hey, thanks Laurie, as always appreciates you your loyalty into this program.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, it's an interesting an interesting segue to night interesting topic so yeah, but and I have friends who are like, oh no, no, I want to find out everything and I have to have it, you know, life stating that all this other stuff, like the stress that would stress me out more than anything.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think stress skills. I think I'm somebody who gets stressed a lot, both in terms of my job and and that's the probably the only aspect of my job that I don't like, because I feel that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, you'll hear a perfectionist. You need to perform.
Speaker 2: Well, there is that, and there's there's also you just want to If I don't get butterflies before the show, then I don't think I've prepped enough for it. You know, I have aught about everything what's going on. I just my nightmare as you open up the phone and and that's the night that there's some news story that that you just have no knowledge of or you haven't even heard about, and someone did you know that whatever fill in the blanket is no, that really happened. I'm I have that that need. I want to be not an ego thing, is I just want to be ahead of the curb so that anything that we're going to talk about, And that's why. I really enjoyed Kevin Sarelli, the futurist. I mean there was stuff I learned. Yo. Yeah. He he's a young guy too, by the way. He's only, like i'm guess now, thirty thirty two years old, but very smart. And I've learned a lot from him the two times we've had him on the show, and we'll have him on again, that's for sure. Thanks, Lurie, talks soon. We'll talk soon. Good night. All right, let me keep broly here. I got I got Steve in New Jersey. He's Steve. Welcome back. How are you are you? Heading south?
Speaker 7: He headon north and north. We got ourselves our canvoy.
Speaker 2: Do you really?
Speaker 4: That's when I get well, when I.
Speaker 7: Get to New York City, probably back to back traffic, you know, bump and a bump of four lanes were then four feet of each other. I mean it would make a regular person in my past seats very nervous.
Speaker 2: Well, but you can handle it now. Remember they're starting the work on the mass Turnpike in one twenty eight. You got to avoid that.
Speaker 7: Oh, I don't even go down there. I'm four ninety five all the way.
Speaker 2: No, okay, I figured you would be chance. No, no, this heard me. This is the way I gotta give. And again, if there's anybody out there who's who finds themselves now stuck in that traffic, give us a call. So, Steve, would you want to know or know?
Speaker 8: What do you think?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, what do you think? I think You're gonna let me think for a second here. I think you will say, no.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm sorry, you don't win the million dollar prize, mister Dan.
Speaker 2: You would want to know.
Speaker 7: I would want to know. In the advancement of medicine, if I knew I had something, and you know, early prevention, Okay, I'd like to attack it, you know.
Speaker 2: And okay, well sometimes about that's assuming that everything that you would find out would have a cure.
Speaker 7: I still would want to know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're a yes, okay, all right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, just want to let you know that it's been pouring crazy going down to Philadelphia and Baltimore and coming back is literally raining coyotes and deer.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you. I looked at the I looked at the ABC Nightly News tonight and they were they had some video on there of the stuff that's been going on down and in the you know, in the in this the plane States, and on up through the Carolinas, and we're supposed to get it tomorrow. But the good news is they're saying it's going to blow in late tonight. It hasn't started here yet and it'll be done by noontime. That's one more.
Speaker 7: Oh sorry, I'll always rush you because I feel like I'm right, But I just want to tell you a really loving story. Driving down two nights ago around Auburn, Maine, I looked over to the right and there was a little bamby over there and he it wasn't raining, but he had his head down and it was like missing his mommy. So I prayed to God instantly that God would protect that little baby and not let a wolf for Kyo he get him. He was so cute, but he was he was so sad.
Speaker 2: So it was there was no mama dear around huh.
Speaker 7: I didn't see you on she she was coming up toward the road on the grassy pot beside the road, but she was so cute to the little banby. I never see bambyes. I always see deer. But anyways, it was just a I just wanted to get out of the truck and go pick her up and take her home and see her milk.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, today I saw someone who had there was a snapping turtle by my gym, and they were relocating the snapping turtle. The snapping turtle was right near the driveway and it looked as if the snapping turtle was trying to I'm assuming it was a female getting ready to lay some eggs. And they moved the snapping turtle safely to a better location.
Speaker 7: So the person that moved the turtle has eight fingers.
Speaker 2: No, he's the guy that runs the club. And he was very careful. He was very careful. You gotta be careful too, Okay, well, Steve talk soon be well. They said, good night. All right, let's keep rolling. He I got Bill and Danvers. Bill you next on nightside. Would you want to know?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I wouldn't have a problem with that. I would prefer a Canta diagnosis rather than Alzheimer's. But I'd want to know, and dependent on you know, the situations. You know, I always check it what the lawyer is and make sure everything he's organized and stuff, and even you know, I'm a very organized guy. And and and if it was a cancer, that was real crazy. And you know they said, well you maybe get seventy percent chance and stuff. I've just seen enough of my life where the individual they say, well to getting the treatments and he maybe got six or eight months more or a year or whatever they say, which who knows even if that's accurate, and their quality of life for that last year or two was a horror show. So I would deny treatments and h that's it. I mean, you know, I take a trip every year and I have a bucket list, and hopefully I've accomplished most of it. That unfortunate situation arises. It's not like I have anyone here I have to worry about or that.
Speaker 2: So you've got to figure it out, you know.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's medicine. You know that, you know when you know? So it depending on how it plays out, you know what I mean. So I ask him at the gym right now. I just got to love the mind in so really, I keep a good yeah, yeah, I'm almost done a plan of fitness, and uh, you know, I do the stairs and I do the weights. I do one hundred and something push ups.
Speaker 4: A day and stuff.
Speaker 2: So uh, good for you.
Speaker 8: Not bad for a guy that's fifty.
Speaker 2: You know. So you you're a young man. Come on, you got you got decades, buddy, you got decades.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, well, the government better hope day decide because you know, I keep paying. You know they're gonna need guys like me.
Speaker 2: Because but you know, hopefully there'll be money there for you to collect. Okay, that's the other thing too, that's the other end I cry.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, I was with my financial advice earlier this week. You know they're running the numbers. They you know, they make it sound good. But I don't know if we'll get there, but we'll say. Who knows, you know.
Speaker 2: Bill appreciate, Have a good night, have a good weekend, Stay dry. Thanks Bill, Touch you soon. All right, I got four left. We're gonna get them all in. Uh, Christine and Geo and Melinda and John h only one line and if you get in up, got to get you in as well. Six one, seven thirty quick break, very quick break, and we're coming back Melinda and then Geo, uh and then John and then Christine. That's the bat and order. We'll be back on night side.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get everybody in. Next up, Melinda and Quincy. Melinda, you are an extra Nightside, Go.
Speaker 9: Right ahead, Hi, Dan, Yeah, Hi, I called, and I did I know it's Friday night. It would be a certain topic. What exactly is the exact topic?
Speaker 2: Well, we we had an eleven o'clock at ten o'clock hour with a fellow who talked about the future of medicine and some of the great strides that have been made where they can tell you in advance. The FDA has just approved a blood test. It's not available, but it will be available soon in which people will be able to be diagnosed apparently and told whether or not they would eventually get Also the other way, there are other disease There are other tests out there, blood tests that tell you if you have cancer cells percolating, better to find out it's stage one than stage four. And so the question is would you want to know?
Speaker 9: Oh? Wow, okay, I thought the question is going to be would you want to know? All right, I was going to say I'd want to know. I would definitely want to know that I had something. But now that it's this bit of a taking the test and that I'm kind of thinking, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well we're talking about simple tests, blood.
Speaker 9: Test, a regular blood test, regular blood test, and they were going to tell me something. Yeah, all right, okay then yeah, yeah, then I want to know, definitely, because then you can plan, you can plan how much time you have left and get everything in order. And my dog and I'd want to know who's going to everything. You're going to find out some day. Some days that's going to hit you that you could get something. So I'd rather know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think anyone dies in this li but one hundred and twenty anymore, you know, maybe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, but it's it's I'm going to ask you a quick question you mentioned in Asia a minute a little while ago. I was wonder if one night you could that could be a question. How many people would take that? How many people would like that in a choice or not?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're talking when you're talking about ethan Asian, you're talking about asistant suicide.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, okay, well I would really like I would, And I just want to say that man who loved the little bandy there. Thank you for being that kind of guy, because yeah, Steve's.
Speaker 2: A great guy. Steve's one of our regular listeners.
Speaker 9: Become animals and that's nice.
Speaker 2: Call more often. Okay, thanks, thank you, love for you boys. Let me go to Geo and Endo. But Geo got your email the other day. Meant to respond to it. Sorry about that. Would you want to know?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yes, As a matter of fact, years ago, I had a diagnosis at a major boar at a major north shore hospital that goes all the way down to Burlington of something and they said, oh, you definitely have it. And I said, you know, I did some research and pcr is. I used to sell laboratory equipment to data Farma to do DNA sequencing and stuff, so I'm very into research and clinical testing. I said. The specialty in the country is the Mayo Clinic. I would request that you send a sample there. It came back and they said, yeah, you definitely have it. I said, can I see the report? Can I see the paperwork? They showed me the paperwork and it said in the report, this test is indicative of but not a proof of a diagnosis. The diagnosis will need to be done using this as a guide and a rationalization to observe and do further testing and observation and trial cures and treatments, etc. Etc. So you have to understand what the context is when you're looking at something very serious beyond that. By the way, I grew up in Beverly and I had a car and the girls on the campus in nineteen sixty five said, you and your friends have an impoler with wire wheels. We want to be driven around in it. So there's a house on campus. We know that you can rent it, and so we did. But more to the point, actually I had not intended to call you about this. But years ago I spoke to Diana Desauglio. And the day Seth Moulten got elected, he and I stand in that stood in the dark, waving at each other as he waited for you to talk to me, and you cut from me to him directly. So today, today, today I was a small world. I happened to be in reading. I happened to turn into the side of a stopping shop and six cameras were there. And I do videography of baseball, football basketball at a high school level. And I bowed my window down and the reporter with the blonde hair and the red dress was standing there and I asked her to come over to the car. What is this about? And she said, we're doing a thing on market Basket. I said, oh, I know a lot of people at market Basket. There's a Telemarchus Demula's laboratory wing in the mass General Hospital. So we went back and forth, and another person started talking to me and I said, so, what is happening. Who is the gentleman over there in the suit. She said, he's on the air. So you saw him every time you looked at the news. Today he came over and he spoke to me, and I asked him three questions and he said, you know, Ray Geo, I can't answer them here, but if you call my office, I will talk to you on Monday. We're not open this afternoon and no one will be back in the office.
Speaker 2: And Jill fast, fascinating story, but I got four other people. I want to give my half a second.
Speaker 4: Bore you do? Would you want to interview him Monday or Tuesday?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, okay, have a good weekend. I gotta run. Wait, have a good weekend, Jill, I gotta run. I gotta run. I'll answer your email. Okay, I promise, thanks much. Let's go next to John and Maine. Johnny gotta be quick for me.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, John, I'll try to be quick. Dan. The answer is yes, I would want to know. Okay, I'm sort of I'm going through it right now and eight old. You know, they keep looking, they keep finding things.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's the deal, that's the problem.
Speaker 4: That's the way. But it really shows the importance of your primary. People really need to have a very good relationship with their primary because there's a lot to discuss. There's a lot of them out there, you know. Just one of the last thing, Dan, there's something called the Depth Cafe which is taking place internationally and it's it's just a meeting of people just sort of facing up to the fact that we're not, you know, immortal. Yeah so, but it's a I think it's very interesting thing. I'm going to go to the one at the York Library, Drew to keep us.
Speaker 2: Postal, keep us postally, maybe do something some night, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yes, worth looking into Hey, thanks for the show as.
Speaker 2: Always, job, appreciate very much. Christine. We got to be quick. Would you want to know Christine.
Speaker 10: Yes, because my dad died from all timers in Parkinson's disease, and now my mom had some dementia in the nothing home. So I would like to know just to see what you know, what's the plan.
Speaker 4: And the future.
Speaker 2: And most of my callers feel the same way. Christine, you have joined a group of virtus. All my calls tonight have said yes. I think there's one or two no's, but most of them have said.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, Yes.
Speaker 10: The weekend D two.
Speaker 2: Stage stage dry Christine, Thanks much, have a great one. Let me go, bucking bluster Buck. You gotta be quick for me here and we're running out of town.
Speaker 7: I can be quick, and it's yes.
Speaker 1: And you are fantastic.
Speaker 8: You make every week great.
Speaker 2: That's it, Thanks buddy, That's that's that's I should end the show on that, but I get one more. Thanks, bunket pal, be good, be good, be good. All right, have a great week of Stage drive, Last of the week, Last of the week, tim go right ahead, Tim, would you want to know?
Speaker 5: I want to just tell you I got some wounded Wyriott project. I got a blanket from it, says the United States of America Wounded Wyyre Project. I got away from wald Ept Lieutenant General Us. I'MI retired chief executive officer. Anyhow, I'm a wounded Wayer person.
Speaker 2: All right, Tim, thank you, thank you for that service. Appreciate it very much. All Right, we are done for the week and I am done for the night. Rob, thank you very much. We had a little bit of rough start tonight, but I think we settle the ship of state. We're good. I'm back next week all next week, Monday through Friday, no substitutes, just me. You got to deal with me Monday through Friday, eight to midnight. Thank you so much, everybody, are so appreciate your loyalty to Night's side. Alend us always, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pell. Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who had passed. They loved you and you love them, and I do believe you're going to see them again. Hope to see you again on Monday Night. Have a great weekend, stay dry again. Thanks to Rob, thanks to Marita, and most importantly, thanks to all the listeners, and even most importantly thanks to all the callers. I will be on Facebook on night Side with Dan Ray in just a couple of minutes. Have a great weekend everyone,