Speaker 1: Your twenty twenty four election headquarters.
Speaker 2: Our country's just falling apart and we need a major change.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 2: No when kids, if you smoke a joint or that.
Speaker 3: Not in state of Ohio, Well most don't anyway, some do care, maybe because you'd be smoking it outside their business and that might be bad for their business. Welcome back to the fifty five PERCA morning morning show. Owner of Temptations locations and has been in the hemp selling business as opposed to the marijuana business. What couple of decades, Beach, owner of Temptation's good to have it back on the program, My friend.
Speaker 2: That's true. We'll be celebrating twenty nine years in the hemp business almost.
Speaker 1: Year, twenty nine years, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine years inabis in the cannabis world.
Speaker 3: Now, let me ask you a question because I recall having a conversation, let's say, about fifteen years ago with one of my older friends. So I always like to describe as a former hippie, like he was an original nineteen early nineteen seventies hippie. He was old enough to have experienced the hippie world, and he smoked weed. Back then he had stories about his escapades, and I just asked him, I said, do you think marijuana will ever be legal? This is early on in the push for legalization for medical purposes. That was the tip of the spear, which obviously led to, you know, wholesale legalization like we have here in Ohio. But and he he shook his heads at now, it don't ever happen, And I just know I think it will. I think within the next I probably guess maybe ten years, it'll be legal. And lo and behold. I was a lot closer to reality than him. What was your take back in twenty nine years ago or almost thirty years ago when you opened the hemp stores, obviously selling a legal product. I'm sure people look down their nose at you for even being involved in the business, But did you ever think you would be living in the state of Ohio where marijuana has now full recreational legal.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know. I have taken cannabis legalization one day at a time for the last twenty nine years, because yeah, when we started, I had no foreseeable whether it was industrial hemp, whether it was personal use, whether it was the medical and it all really started with the medical and I will have to say we saw that because in nineteen ninety five, that was actually the year that California passed their medical that was Proposition two fifteen. So it all kind of, it all kind of started right around nineteen ninety five because that's that's when that's when Proposition two fifteen and California passed, and that was the first medical marijuana law legalization in the country.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe it's that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so you know, with that, and we were always told that well medical was they just wanted for personal use, and we're like, well, okay, fine, that's fine. You know, that's no kidding. But that's that's how it all started, right with the medical and then and then Colorado, which has been I mean, I can't even believe it. Colorado has been ten years now or something. I mean, it has been quite amazing. It was it was very slow, and then the medical really gained and and now we're just full blown. And now we're talking you know, they're talking federally rescheduling, which wouldn't be a great move, honestly, the move is to take it off the control subtice list. But you know, rescheduling, which I think they're going to do probably within the next year. You know. The the Biden dropping out kind of messed us up for rescheduling because I think he was going to try to get it rescheduled before the elections to get get those votes. Yeah, and I and I don't know if Harris is excited about it. I mean she does. She's for legalizations, so that's a good thing, but I don't know if she's going to be his push to try to get it done before the elections try to get those vines.
Speaker 3: Well, the importance of rescheduling, I suppose, is because currently it's treated the same way as heroin, and so all these businesses engaged in legal marijuana really aren't engaged in legal marijuana because it's still illegal on a federal level. But the federal government has of course ignored the law, has not engaged in prosecuting people for it, which has allowed marijuana to flourish in terms of legitimate business in the various states that allow for it. Would rescheduling it to a lower level than free up of the concerns people have about banking with these businesses, because that's one of the biggest problems right now, they're all walking around with piles and piles of cash. Banks won't do business with them because of the scheduling issue.
Speaker 2: That is one percent correct, and that is why the bank or the federal governer wants to do something. They have their special programs where you can still give them money under your illegal marijuana business now, so they get their taxes, but they want it to be more legit so they can it. They're they're cut of it, and they want to control it, which is what they'll do. They'll you know, my my guess is is they'll out of they'll out of c to the at F, which will stand for cannabis and uh and then uh, ironically I said, the at F and then call themselves fact.
Speaker 1: Right, I get it.
Speaker 2: But but you know, that's that's kind of how I see it. I think a lot of people are going to be It might be interesting because a lot of people don't understand that if it's rescheduled, then it may go under say, under the control of the actual pharmacies. And you know, and so I think a lot of people aren't looking into the Wow, you know, they said, yeah, great, it gets taken off. It now has medical acceptance we can study it, we can collect tax on it, YadA, YadA, YadA. But that actually might put it in more control of the government.
Speaker 3: And I imagine the big pharmaceutical companies are probably pumping in tons of money and to donate to campaigns for politicians who would go in that direction.
Speaker 2: For sure, if all of a sudden it has to become a pharmaceutical, well, guess what, but it still has to be approved by the FDA. It's still controlled by a pharmaceutical company. You will actually have to go to a pharmacy to get the medicine. Right now, we just get a recommendation from a doctor and you go to a dispensary. If it's rescheduled, it's very possible that you will actually have to get a prescription from your doctor and then go to a pharmacy. Yes, get your medicine.
Speaker 3: And because it involved interstate commerce, the federal law of course would trump any state law, saying that you can legally operate a business controlled by the state government as much as it might be, but that then becomes a washed away under the guise of federal government putting them in the hands of the pharmacy companies and then enforcing the schedule law and going out and prosecuting people who otherwise we're operating a legal business, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's my biggest concern. Everybody's allside about it, but in the long run, I don't know if it's gonna make it any better. It might once again, yes, it'll be legal, just like in Ohio. We have a medical problem in Ohio or a medical program in Ohio and it's legal, but it's not the greatest. It's it's it's you know, we have it, but it's not the best medical in the country.
Speaker 3: We're in a state of flux right now. Because of the ballot initiative. It's now legal now, subject to any laws that Columbus might pass to regulate it or micromanagement or whatever. They have the flexibility to do that. But have they issued, you know, licenses for for for businesses to actually sell legal weed without a medical mariorald on a license without a medical marijuana prescription.
Speaker 2: My understanding is that they finally did issue the first dual license. Everybody out of the gate is going to be a dual license. So all the licenses right now are going to go to current dispensaries.
Speaker 1: So I could walk in I don't have a medical marijuana card.
Speaker 3: I would never get one because it might interfere with the Second Amendment rights, and plus I don't need one. But I could walk in to a dual license shop without a medical marijuana card and go in and buy it like I'm buying a pack of gum, because it's a legal product to buy now.
Speaker 2: That is correct. If they if you are twenty one years old older, you show them your ID and then you go and you look and you pay personal use prices. I think they're going to probably have a different price scale for the medical and the personal use to keep the medical, to try to keep them up and running. That's why they're given all the licenses to the medical to start out with, right because the minute the minute the personal use goes, no one in Ohio is going to want to use the medical because it's too expensive. It's I mean, it's well limited, it's you know.
Speaker 1: But but it does come with the ded benefit.
Speaker 3: And my daughter was in the in the legal market there for a while, working for one of the larger cannabis growers for a year or two after she got out of college. She's no longer in that business, but very very very controlled growing conditions. In other words, like for example, if if a pot fell over and it hit the ground, you have to throw the whole thing out. That is no longer going to be qualified as medical grade marijuana. They have to analyze the buds and the weeds, look for bacteria and and and and pollutants and things of that nature. If it doesn't pass muster on an independent review, then it doesn't qualify as medical grade weed. So you're getting a benefit for medical grade weed. Would that same weed?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that what's going to apply to the legal weed that sold to people without a license? Or is this going to be two qualities or two calibers of weed?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: No, I think it'll be the exact same stuff. I think it'll just be you know, there'll there'll be two doors going out of the warehouse, now, you know, one that goes to the medical, one that goes to the personal use. You know, I think again what we will see is a reduction in medical and a increase in personal. But then that'll that will matter is to how much they do, in fact, if they do in fact fluctuate those prices. If there's going to be a different price for the medical as opposed to the personal use and so. But no, it's going to be for the most part, the same growers. I think this is why the state issued more licenses before, more growing licenses before the thing even passed, A to keep up with the medical in Ohio. But B because they'refore seeing that we were going to go legal and we're not going to run into this same problems that we did originally, which was but we didn't have any growing. There isn't an nuts growing, right, you know. They want to be able to be supplied. I understand when the doors do open.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, Well, let's pause. I'm bring Beach back. I got a couple more questions, like what's the practical reality of having a dispensary next to your business if one is coming and they sound like they're coming in that direction. More with Beach from Temptations. Let me pause and mentioned doctor Fred Peck and Megan Freu. You're dreaming of a smile that is brilliant and natural as you dream of, yes, a beautiful smile, and you don't have one. You look in the mirror and you think, oh, I really wish my teeth didn't look that way. It could be anything you know, like for example, old bridge work. It does not match your real teeth. Well, those days are over. You have the dynamic duo of cosmetic dynastry, doctor Fredpeck, doctor Meghan Frew, and most notably doctor Fred Peck, who has for decades been an unbelievable, highly accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, now a fellow. He's been a fellow for a number of years and one of only three in the entire state of Ohio. And if you achieved fellowships, that is you have proven your amazing skills in cosmetic dentistry, which he truly has. The before and after pictures that you will see at his office will blow your mind. You will appreciate the fact that you are in the right hands with doctor Fred Peck, life changing impact of exceptional cosmetic dentistry. And you know what, Doctor Fru's working on her accreditation of the American Academy at Cosmetic Dentistry presently on maternity lead, but she'll be back. In terms of general dentistry, I've heard nothing but rave reviews about both of them.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I give rave reviews to Peck because He's been my general dentist for years, but my listeners who've gotten to see doctor Frew absolutely love her. You're in terrific hands for general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and the best staff in the business as well.
Speaker 1: You're like family there.
Speaker 3: Five to one three six two one seventy six sixty six five one three six one seventy six sixty six. Find them online. Learn more at Peck Peckpecksmiles dot com, fifty five KRC and iHeart Radio Station, the exclusive audio home mom NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Parisol Olympics. Iheartradiot It's coming up an eight twenty two fifty five FIR City talk station.
Speaker 1: You can find them online.
Speaker 3: It's Temptations dot com saving the planet since nineteen ninety five. My friend Beach, owner of Temptations and also I forgot to mention, host of the High Noon Hemp Show. Love the name suggestive as it is. You can find them on Facebook and watch live anytime you choose High Noon Hemp Show with Beach. Hey Beach, is it listen? I don't understand people's concerns. I understand you know you're selling marijuana you got a dispensary. Some of the downtown business owners are like, wait a second, you're gonna put a dispensary here downtown across from my business. They're worrying about unsavory characters, you know, people loitering around. And I'm thinking to myself, Listen, I go to a business, I go in, I buy a shirt, or I buy a pack of gum, or I fill my tank.
Speaker 1: I don't hang around.
Speaker 3: If I'm going in and I want to buy weed, I go in, I buy my weed, and I leave and go someplace, and I guess smoke it or whatever. But are these concerns, I mean grounded in legitimacy? Do you see any problem with the I mean, would you want one of these in your neighborhood, for example, beat.
Speaker 2: I sure as heck, would I mean there was any business, I mean, of course I would. But you know, they act like people don't wear fancy clothes that smoke cannabis. They act like, you know, people don't eat at restaurants that smoke cannabis. I don't even understand why they're worried about it, you know, I mean, you know this is going to bring more people to downtown this is going to bring more people with money. What do they think that cannabis is cheap? I don't think they even understand that it's not even cheap. It's you have to have money. It's you know, we have a we don't have a homeless problem, but we have a homeless situation in downtown. To say, like most cit these do. You know, they're not going to be any worse than that. They're not going to come get their cannabis and then stand out front begging for money or or you know, sleeping on a park bench or whatever. I think it's I think I think the most interesting part about it is it's really continuing the stereotype that cannabis users are inferior human beings. It's like they like, we're still criminals, We're not everyday people. These these you know, the reason seventy five percent of our country is medical and almost fifty percent is personal use now is because every day people want this to be a choice they can make. And by acting like this, the people downtown acting like this, they're acting like us, the people that consume cannabis are inferior to them and to me. I just you know, I cannot wait until all of the stereotypes and all of the looking down on people that you know, if I'm sure if if a liquor store was going to open up, they might say, but you know what, responsible people drink liquors as much as irresponsible people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ov I's read about them all the time, beach well. And finally, then let's touch upon very briefly, because they're almost at a time the whole idea that under the current scheduling, they're at cash operation and they're sitting on piles and piles of cash because they can't do business with banks. That may attract a criminal element who might want to liberate the store owner of the piles of cash. Until that scheduling problem is fixed, that's going to remain a potential issue, though, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Somewhat Now? I do believe that they have there are some some banking obstacles that I think have been overlooked, and so I do think that there there are acceptable ways to control that cash flow, so to speak, in the legitimate business world, banking world, for protections to those consumers, even though federally, yes, it's an issue. Yeah, but you know, again, you know, any business is susceptible to Shnanigan's going on. Obviously, if it's an all cash business, then people realize that. But you know that really hasn't been an issue most recently.
Speaker 3: No, again, I haven't heard of a medical marijuana. It's true a dispensary being robbed. They may have been that, I've never heard of it. I just had to ask that question out loud, and of course maybe the federal government will address that, but be wary and be concerned. That's the first time I ever heard it suggested that the pharmaceutical industry might take over if they reschedule it. Red Flag Beach. God bless you, sir. Thanks for spending time with my listeners and me talking about this topic. We're just sort of watching the whole reality unfold before us. Uncharted waters it is, but I think we'll all manage quite nicely. Temptations dot Com is Refine Beach high Noon HEMP Show every every day Monday through Friday.
Speaker 2: Beach now or Wednesday today actually at noon, and you can go to YouTube the Jedi channel on YouTube and watch any of the high nuone hepstets. But we're just on Wednesday at noon, so we'll be on today, check.
Speaker 1: Another, check it out.
Speaker 3: Always interesting to beach until we talk again. Take care brother. Always fun talking with the A twenty seven looks like Judge of Polatano up next, looking forward to having him back on the show after his vacation. And I always recommend, and I really want to encourage you to tell your doctor no, I am not going to get my image done at the hospital imaging department. I heard Thomas talk about how I can save thousands of dollars out of my pocket, like so many of his listeners have by simply going to Affordable Imaging Services to get my MRI or CT scan or echo cardigram ultrasound long screening, your cardiac scoring. If you go to the hospital imaging department, you know, and you can ask them how much is going to cost, what's my insurance payment going to be? And you will find out that you will probably end up paying more for that component of the of the scan than you would for the entire thing. At affordable Imaging Services, where the most expensive scan is six hundred forty five dollars, and that's an MRI with a contrast, all the images come with the board certified radiologist report that you and your doctor will get within forty eight hours, I mean six forty five. That's the max you can spend there, and that it includes everything CT scan. With a contrast, six hundred echo cardiogram is only four hundred and ninety five bucks. Jeff say thirty one hundred dollars out of his own pocket on that one. Props to Jeff passing that one along to me. It's a perfect illustration of the size and the amount of money you can save. Affordable Medimaging dot com is where you find them online. Affordable Medimaging you have a choice. Call him up and schedule appointment five to one three seven five three eight thousand five one three seven five three eight thousand fifty five KRC dot com