Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tam Case, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying your Saturday afternoon. You're Los Angeles Dodgers certainly enjoying things in the Mile High City. They sit at ninety six and sixty four on the season, first place atop the NL West. After clinching the division on Thursday, there was no hangover on Friday as the Dodgers crush the Rockies in the series opener tonight, game two of this three game series to wrap up the regular season. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. First pitch from Coors Field is set for five to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, including hearing from the manager himself. Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this pitch heat matchup David Vesse. He'll join us throughout the show. He'll go one on one in landing Neck. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson live on the field at Corus in Denver. That's coming up and in just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Brewers Broadcast booth with Rick Monday and Tim never Well. Last night in Denver, it was an offensive onslaught as the Dodgers rolled the Rockies.
Speaker 3: It was a bullpen game for Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: Ryan Brasier was the opener, followed by Benksparius, who ate up a bulk of the innings. In all, five different Dodgers came out of the bullpen. They allowed just four runs on eight hits while striking out of combined thirteen. Meanwhile, the Dodgers' offense scored early and scored offen. In the first Taascar Hernandez got it started.
Speaker 4: We'll count to Tascar Hernandez, as Quantrill deals, there goes Loucks bitch a swing out at hammer Deep till I failed way back in gone a home run ta Oscar Hernandez two outs in a three to two pitch for Taoscar his thirty.
Speaker 5: Second home run.
Speaker 4: He nows ninety.
Speaker 1: Six runs batted in.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers strike first two more two out runs for this Dodger bold club, and they lead it to nothing.
Speaker 2: Two run shot for tay Oscar, number thirty two ties a career high Dodgers up two to nothing. In the second, three more from the Dodgers, including a show Hey Otani RBI single Dodgers then up five to one. In the fourth, Andy Pot has a solo blast four hundred and thirty three feet to left Dodgers with a six to one lead. Then in the sixth show Hey Otani up to bat two to on, nobody out in a three to one.
Speaker 4: Count, Hey off pitcher three two to show Hey Otani. He swings hits a drive deep to right field, way back upper deck, home run show Hey o tany with home run number fifty four.
Speaker 1: He's driven in three more.
Speaker 5: And the Dodgers add on.
Speaker 1: It's nine to two show.
Speaker 4: Hey Otani is absolutely incredible.
Speaker 5: He's three for four in the game.
Speaker 2: Home run number fifty four for show. Head that one four hundred and thirty six feet to the second deck and right. That is the breath of fresh air moment of the presented by a Tara Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in Southern California, look no further a Tara Mechanicals, your trusted partner. Their services more than just a solution, It's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call them to the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. Dodgers when ended up scoring four runs in the six Kevin Kiermeyer and RBI single in the eighth. Dodgers finished the night with eleven runs fifteen hits, a four hit night for show Hey, a three hit night for tay Oscar. Dodgers pound the Rockies eleven to four, and with the win now ninety six and sixty four, with the Phillies already losing today, the Dodgers have sewed up the best record in the National League for the regular season.
Speaker 3: Yes, they have clinched it.
Speaker 2: They will have home field advantage throughout the World Series as it stands right now, as the Dodgers look to finish out this regular season on a winning note. Today and tomorrow tonight, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount in his final start of the regular season.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five to ten.
Speaker 6: And with more.
Speaker 2: Let's head out to the Gallpin Motor Broadcast booth as we welcome in Rick Monday and Tim never guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks very much. Tom. We've got another perfect evening for baseball in the lower downtown section of Denver, Colorado. Here at cors Field the Dodgers and the Rockies, Game two of this three game set. The Dodgers ninety six wins sixty four losses, the best record in Major League Baseball and right now the number one seed heading into the postseason, in which they would have home field throughout. They can make sure they clinched that on their own with a win tonight or a Phillies lost to Washington. Meantime, Rockies are sixty one and ninety nine, trying to avoid back to back one hundred lost seasons. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers six and two in a two nine six, makes.
Speaker 5: His eighteenth overall start for.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers this year. Antonio sends a Tela will make his second start in a week or so against the Dodgers and his third start. Sin's coming off of Tommy John surgery, sends a tele of no decisions in a three to three to eight Eri moh Last Night Show, Hey Otani doing Show Hey O Tani Things. He steals his fifty seventh pace and hits his fifty fourth home run, and he's still mathematically has a chance at the Triple crown.
Speaker 7: How about these numbers. In the month of August O'tani had twelve home runs fifteen stolen bases. So far in September, ten home runs, fourteen stolen bases. But how about the last eight games. He's hitting seven oh six. In the last eight games, he's had twenty four hits and thirty four bats, six doubles, six home runs, twenty runs batted in, fourteen runs scored, eight stolen bases. He has raised his average in the last eight games. And mind you, this is at the end of the season where it's difficult to raise your average. He's raised it twenty two points in eight games. Is that any good? It's off the charts. I mean you look at it and say, no, this must be a misprint to begin with, But we know it's not because we've been witnessing it. And every time he comes to home plate. You want to have both eyes on the game, and you want to have one hand reaching for a record book because that is turned into silly numbers.
Speaker 4: Now, Otani starts the night with a three to nine batting average. Luisa Rise is ahead of them with the Padres at three point fourteen, and we understand a Rise is sitting out the ballgame tonight as the Padres are in Arizona taking on the Diamondbacks. In the meantime, Max Monsey back in the lineup and Kevin Kiermeier will get a start before he calls it quits after tomorrow's.
Speaker 7: Gayah and for kier Meyer getting the start to room around the center field in this big, big ballpark out here on top of it. Kick a Hernaniz again is at first base. We've not received any official updates on Freddy Freeman as far as his progression from the sprained ankle, but from top to bottom, this is pretty much a lineup that Dave Roberts is going to be looking at, obviously, with the exception of Freddy Freeman. And we'll find out exactly how long Mookie Betts stays in the game. I would imagine this show. Hey Otani is going to be in there for nine innings and one as many advanced as he can get depending on what he does. You know, if he goes five for five to start this game up, does he remove himself from the lineup. We're going to find out. There's all kinds of things in different combinations. Who finishes the best record in Major League Baseball as far as the National League, What happens with the batting crown? What happens with the all kinds of things right now exist signing and the Dodgers need to get some healthy players back on the field.
Speaker 4: Just one more note on the triple crown the batting title race. All o'd Towney has to do is tie Arise doesn't even have to pass him. So he's got to tie him. And if you share the batting title, that will be enough to give him the triple crown. He's easily going to win the home run title in the RBI title.
Speaker 7: Yeah you know. It was on this date in nineteen forty one, the season's final day that year. Ted Williams entered the ball game hitting three ninety nine, nine to fifty five. He elected to play against the A's rather than finish at round up four hundred. What he wound up doing. He went six for eight in the double header. He finished at a four to five seven mark upgraded to four seven.
Speaker 4: Too bad for the splendid splinter, that's for sure. Dodgers and Rockies. The penultimate game of the regular season. It's game number one sixty one. Coming up. Yoshinobu Yamamoto starting for the Dodgers, Antonio sin Stella for the Rockies.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we got you. Now to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game. Dame meal On, It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza chack it? Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Basse. Throughout the show, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next you're Tani Rewind and we'll visit with Kirsen Watson. We lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Rockies. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katsis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio A Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorono Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies Game two. There's three game set. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. First pitch, coming up at five ten, This is.
Speaker 1: The Otani rewide two one.
Speaker 4: Otani hits it on the ground right Sonny Got's throw a sing I base it in the right high is around third. He's coming to the plate. He will score around second and into third is Taylor. It is now four to one. Show hey Otani gets a basin and drives in his one hundred twenty seventh run of the season. No one's ever landed on number fifty five. There goes Otani for second throw down by Stallings. Otani's gonna have it stolen. Here comes Tanner underscore. Paul goes into center fielding down to third base, goes Otani. Show Hey Otani in a quest for sixty stolen bases. He's now at fifty seven. Payoff pitch a free too to show hey Otani. He swings hits a drive deep to right field way back upper deck.
Speaker 6: Home run.
Speaker 4: Show Hey Otani with home run number fifty four. He's driven in three more and the Dodgers add on.
Speaker 5: It's nine to two.
Speaker 4: Shai Otani is absolutely incredible.
Speaker 5: He's three for four in the game.
Speaker 2: Shoey Otani would finish four for five, including a pair of singles, a double and the home run number fifty four. You just heard the four RBIs and he passes each ero with fifty seven stolen bases in the season, most ever by a Japanese born player. Otani rewind brought to by eto ins O Yocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Showeyotani loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Amazon and Etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it oe n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the field there in Denver before game two of his three game set to wrap up the regular season, and Kirson Tonight, Yoshinobu Yamamotol on the mound and again another Dodger starter. They're looking to see a little something out of before the postseason.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's gonna be a final tune up. But obviously when you give a playoff, you want to have some good things. But add having a final tune up here in Denver, Colorado, it does make it a little bit trickier at the altitude. He's also coming off of feeling a little bit under the weather. So Dave Roberts said that they are going to keep an eye on him just kind of the stress of the innings things like that. But the hope is for him just to kind of continue to get stretched out a little bit. Obviously, we know that he's relatively recently coming off of the il from that shoulder inflammation, and so they do want to make sure that he's in a good spot to be ready for October in regard to being able to pick necessarily deep into games, but having the endurance to get through games and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Karsten is brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your little car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Is that easy?
Speaker 2: Donate now Cars for Kids dot Org show. Hey, Otani is chasing yet another accomplishment here at the end of the season, and for Dave Roberts, he has certainly seen a change in his superstar.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so if you remember kind of the conversations as he was building up to fifty home runs and fifty stolen bases, was you know, the chase the change rate had gotten a little bit high. You could see that it seemed like he was going he was looking to swing for power and trying to get those home runs and even you except when we were talking to him about achieving this goal, he would say, yeah, I'm trying to get it over with, you know, and David saying as soon as he did reach fifty, he did know that the shift and his approach and his at back and how you could see him hitting more for average. And so now there's also maybe a shifting goal and a shift in mindset as well as he's looking to go for the triple crown. So when you look at his batting average, he's had three h nine right now, Luisa Rice's number one and he is at three fourteen, and so he's actually going to be down today. He's not in the lineup. So Joe Hansani's playing today, He's playing tomorrow. And Dave Roberts say he's gonna He's giving him that opportunity to go for it, and he thinks that if Joe Hayes can catch up, he is going to do everything it has power to do just that. But also when it comes to that change and approach and his that it's really important for him to be doing this right now, preparing for October because some postseason you don't need to be swinging your home run. Sometimes we be singing to get a player over or to make a difference in the game, and it's not always just the home run. So he said that he's been really sees this is what he's been seeing from his at bat, and it comes to another goal and another thing to achieve. I think for show Hayes, he's going for that triple crowd next.
Speaker 3: It is amazing.
Speaker 2: If he sends his mind to it, there's nothing this guy cannot do.
Speaker 3: Kirsten.
Speaker 6: We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We will check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to. Still, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David vat sag goes one on one with landin neck.
Speaker 3: What up next?
Speaker 2: We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: Lady up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Saturday and night from Denver. First pitch at five to ten. I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday nights Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good times, leading you up to Dodgers and Rockies from Denver.
Speaker 3: First pitch at five ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Freddie Freeman back in LA getting treatment on that sprained right ankle. Should be good to go for the NLDS. Not one hundred percent, but he'll be good to go. Miguel Rojas banged up with the torn left ad. Doctor, he's back in LA getting treatment. He too, ready to go for the NLDS. Bruce Dark Gratterol and the ielt the right shoulder inflammation. Tyler glassnow out for the year. Gavin Stone on this sixty day IL two Dodger pitchers. They're hoping to get back here for the playoffs. Clayton Kershaw working his way back from that sore left big toe. And Tony Gonsolin, who is working effortsly here in camelback Wretch, trying to get back in to help out this Dodgers team in October. All right, let's head back out to Denver and check out the Dodgers skipper Dave.
Speaker 5: Do you think the questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: I do think that coming back, there's been a heightened focus. Rightfully, so there hasn't been a consistent pitch making, but I just like where his head's at, and I think he really understands that this is going to be his last tune up, and you know, I expect big.
Speaker 1: Things from him over that illness.
Speaker 9: He's I mean, it's kind of I don't think he's one hundred percent, but he's better than he was. You know, a couple two three days ago he was he wasn't great, just I mean under the weather, and obviously then you start feeling a little bit of weakness. So not ideal to be pitching at altitude, but it's kind of the schedule.
Speaker 6: Do you know how you're going to line up at least him and Jack at the start.
Speaker 9: Of the yet, No, but my guess is probably Jack then Yamamoto.
Speaker 1: Though just with their days off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the rest of you yes, he would probably.
Speaker 10: Go on sense right, Otani going for the triple ground. Luisa Rise is sitting today. Do you have any thoughts on how ARII should handle these last two days?
Speaker 9: No, No, I don't. I think that he's certainly got his ample share of plate appearances, Luis, and they just kind of, I think clinched the where they're at in the wild card or whatever it is, so really they're not playing for anything. I'd be shocked if he doesn't play tomorrow. And yeah, I mean hopefully he plays tomorrow. Goes over and Showhy has another fourhead game.
Speaker 3: We will see. Hopefully that is the case.
Speaker 2: Luisa Rise not in the lineup for the padres tonight, but certainly the Dodgers open show. Heye can put on some big numbers tonight on that box score. Dave Roberts down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before this team missed the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it little more at Service Titan dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with David Vassay as we lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Saturday night. Yoshinova, Yabo Moto, and Antonio Sincintela. The pitching matchup Game two of this three game sent from Denver. The umpiring crew for tonight's game is brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV is the Dodgers wait to finish this regular season? Get ready for the NLD. Couple of guys. Dodger fans are worried about Miguel Rojas. Freddy Freeman, what's the latest.
Speaker 10: Miguel Rojas stayed back in Los Angeles. The original plan was for Rojas to play tomorrow, the final day of the regular season, but with the Dodgers clinching the NL West before they left for this road trip. They obviously have the luxury of allowing Rojas to get that left groin injury ready to go for Game one of the NLDS, which is a week from today at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers expect Rojas to be ready for that Game one, and they also expect Freddie Freeman to be starting at first base a week from today. As you know, a pretty bad looking ankle sprain, right ankle sprain. Freddie stayed back. He's getting treatment every single day, and just talking to his teammates, they have no doubts Freddie Freeman will be starting at first base come next Saturday. But at what level that's the question everybody has. I find it hard to believe that it's going to be more than seventy percent of Freddy Freeman for next Saturday. But seventy percent of Freddie Freeman is much better than some at one hundred percent. And look, if he's not able to go for some reason next Saturday, the Dodgers will have a decision to make about whether or not months he starts in first space or keyk Hernandez, I'm hearing it's going to be key k if Freddy Freeman cannot go as of now, but talking to his teammates, they all expect Freddy to be in the lineup. He wants to be in there, but I believe it's a little unrealistic to expect more than seventy to eighty percent of Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, it's choices fine yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid, all electric, tough. This mark can only be called F one fifty. Going back to the last series against the Padres, David. During that series, Mookie Bench recorded his podcast with Fernando Tatis Junior and it was released the day of the last game of that series, and Mooki a lot from sports talk radio hosts and the critics out there.
Speaker 3: What does he have to say about this?
Speaker 10: I wasn't expecting for him to take that opportunity yesterday to really lean into responding to all the critics about him hosting his podcast, which he has.
Speaker 5: Done going back to last year.
Speaker 10: Whenever the Dodgers play a team and there's a player of interest, Mooki tries to get them to come into studio and to host a podcast interview with them. He did Aaron Judge last year, and I guess he's been trying to get Fernando Tattis Junior but just hasn't been able to nail him down.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 10: He was able to before the second game of the series, the day after the game ending triple play, and I guess he heard the criticism from the critics for even entertaining having a conversation with Tattis and Mooki when we talked to him yesterday. This goes back to him taking swings before the division clinching game and get getting himself prepared to deliver a big hit like he did. And from there, you know, he explained what his motivation was to do all that preparation.
Speaker 11: I don't know where this narrative is, like a narrative that people think I don't care, or some me doing the podcast has something to do with me at work.
Speaker 6: I don't understand how.
Speaker 11: They correlate, but I mean, it's my job like this on wake up every morning.
Speaker 3: Want to do this.
Speaker 11: Of course, I have to establish a life doing podcasts and other things because you don't play this forever. And you know, sometimes you got to do both. But now I love that, like me going in there and take three on his swings. That means to me, I mean, this shows me how I want to win a World Series. But I don't know you know, and I don't know if everyone.
Speaker 10: Else you know, Tim I, I kind of tend to side with Mookie Betts on this. Him recording a podcast interview hours before first pitch with Fernando Tattis Junior was not going to affect the way he played between the lines.
Speaker 5: Was it a great look? The optics may have not been great.
Speaker 10: He was zero for eight in the first two games of the series, but I mean, it's the regular season. The Dodgers were still in control of winning the division, and you saw he recorded the podcast and delivered a big two run base hit in that division clinching game, So I didn't feel like it was out of bounds.
Speaker 5: But obviously Mookie took it to heart.
Speaker 10: And I guess Dodger fans should pat themselves on the back because they gave him Boston like motivation to respond the other night.
Speaker 2: It seems to have worked. He's back at it. Damn appreciate it. We'll check back you with you in just a little bit Dodger fans and hands. You're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to Dodger games in HD. It's all power by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. Well, Di'm deeper into this pitching matchup up next though, You're Dodgers Magical Moment on this Saturday night, Dodgers and Rockies from Denver.
Speaker 3: First pitch at five to ten. I'm Tim Kason.
Speaker 2: This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies on this Saturday night from Denver. Dodgers looking to close out the regular season in the Mile High City off one more game tomorrow after the series opening win last night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and his final regular season start in Tonio Sincatela on the mound for the Rockies. First pitch from Denver's coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: Hot Dog who wants to hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Ditch magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well we go back to two years ago today, September twenty eighth, twenty twenty two Dodgers at Petco Park and Diego Dodgers sitting on one hundred and six wins, a game that went to extra innings at Petco Park, and the Dodgers prevailed in ten to get win number one hundred and seven.
Speaker 4: All around Petco Park, many of them wearing blue are now standing up. They're two outs and two strikes on their hitter. Cayley's got the side. Tommy throws home swing on a little tapper out in front of the plate, picked up by Kanelee throws to first, got him of the Dodgers win. It's a new single season record in victories for the Dodgers, one hundred and seven as they win won nothing in extra innings tonight as the Dodgers make franchise history here in San Diego, one oh seven and forty.
Speaker 2: Eight Dodgers with a want nothing win in ten innings over the Padres two years ago. Today they're one hundred and seventh win, breaking the old franchise record of one hundred and six set back in twenty nineteen. Equaling that in twenty twenty one, this hockey Magical moment to buy Hafey hot Dogs. As so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years, Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffy hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Rick Monday as we are leading you up to first pitch on Corusfield Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 2: Yeshinobu Yamamoto Antonio Sincitela. The pitching matchup, Game two of this three game set from the Mile Highs City. Still to come. We'll get you the keys to the game. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Landon NEC Dodger fans. Start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcast and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Rick the Dodgers and Rockies getting set for first pitch, and Otani is in the starting lineup chasing the batting title, but Luisa Rise is not in the starting lineup for the Padres. Dave Roberts said he had no issues with it. What do you say these last two games?
Speaker 7: You know it's their ball club. Mike Schiltz is the manager at the Sandega and Andres. Let's go back and look at it realistically. Before the Dodgers series, Remember, Arise missed some games because of a risk, so that's an area. Andres do not have the luxury of the Dodgers that they have in a number of days off until they start playing postseason play. So he's trying to keep his ball club healthy. Yes, it just happens that he's leading it. How about these numbers, We'll bring it up again, but how about these numbers for show? Hey Otani, and this is the end of season where it's really difficult to elevate your batting average. Right, So the last eight game for show, Hey o'toney has twenty four hits and thirty four bats that's a seven six batting average against. That's with six doubles, six home runs, twenty runs back at him, fourteen runs scored, eight stolen bases, and he's raised his batting average in eight games at this late stage of the season twenty two points in eight games.
Speaker 10: And that's why we're talking about the triple crown and the batting title. You know, Dave Roberts even said that he thought it was out of reach a month ago when Otani kind of is chasing fifty home runs. But have you noticed a different approach, a different swing.
Speaker 7: Since What I've just do. What I've noticed is all of us standing on the sidelines is just absolutely being amazed at what this man is doing, including the stolen bases, on how he is able to focus in. I mean, we're all caught up in on him. He looks calm, cool, and collective. You're around him and around the other players much more than we are because you're down in the dugout both before and during the game. Sometimes you're right by the dugout and doing some television do you sense anything that is going on there. I mean, his teammates have to be also amazed to what he's doing.
Speaker 10: The teammates are certainly amazed, but when it comes to Otani Rick, it's just another day at the ballpark for him. And as I was coming up to talk to you, who did I see throwing a heavy ball against the wall? None other than Shohei Otani as he is still trying to come back to pitch next season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not sure I'm buying in the heavy on the heavy balls being thrown.
Speaker 10: I'm not all in on that, but I'm just saying he is still you know, people think he's only hitting, he's preparing to hit in a game, but he's also working to come back to pitch.
Speaker 7: I go back, David to the offseason where I was talking to some of the Dodger executives via telephone and they were telling me about they were amazed at the workouts that O'tani would would put in at the stadium. It wasn't just show up and have a little workout and go have lunch somewhere. No, it was a full blown workout. And when you get professor shows that are seeing it from day in and day out, and we see guys work and work really hard for them to take notice. So the guy that just came in and signed a huge contract, but he wants to earn it and he wants to win, and he was dedicating himself from a day one we signed a contract.
Speaker 10: That's what I believe we take for granted, right, Rick, you know this better than most to do what he has done this season. You don't just show up and play.
Speaker 7: And we have the advantage of seeing a lot of that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: He stays away, he hits a lot indoors. Underneath, he works out a lot indoors. We don't see that end of it, but we do see the work that goes in every day before the gates even open and the public has a chance to come in. We see these guys. I mean, this is this is a long, long deal. This is game one sixty one plus you look at the exhibition games. A lot of these guys are tuckered out. I mean they're flat out, but they train for it, and they've also trained their mind to be here because they're great expectations in Los Angeles, not just to win, but the win big. And they've got a chance to do that this.
Speaker 10: Year, and those are Otani's expectations as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Rick.
Speaker 10: We'll check back with you and Tim Nevert a little bit later. Altitude getting to me as well. We'll send it to you Tim.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. I have some pizza, Dave from Chicken, some mojos from Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: Still to come here.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick and Tim will be back with the keys to the game. But up next we're gonna hear from Landon Nack had himself a little staring contest last night during the national anthem with Kyle Freelan of the Rockies.
Speaker 3: We'll get into that.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Rockies, Tom, Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Roller.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino, Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 2: Yoshinobu Yamamoto and his final start of the regular season final two months before October first, pitch coming up at five ten. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor, a CHLA.
Speaker 1: Or and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment is high and tight.
Speaker 10: What a season for Landon Neck making his major league debut, winning his first major league game, and being part of this Dodger starting staff as they head into October.
Speaker 5: Landon, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I always love hopping on with you.
Speaker 10: Hey, Landon, I actually wanted to ask one of you guys. You're wearing a fifty to fifty oh tawny shirt. The entire team has been wearing it ever since he accomplished that. In Miami, you usually only see fans wear this shirt.
Speaker 5: But he must mean.
Speaker 10: A lot more to this team for everybody to continue to wear this shirt.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, yeah, No, he's a heartbeat the lineup absolutely like just brings the energy every timing it out there right now, right now, He's he's so hot, swinging it. Every time he gets on base, he's fired up, and so yeah, no, you can't help.
Speaker 6: It but love the guy and and want to support.
Speaker 10: Is there some sense with all the great players on this team all of you are looking to him to not only lead you on the field, but maybe emotionally.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, him, Him and Mookie and Freddie and them.
Speaker 12: Of course, they're like you look at them as kind of the leaders of this team, and so absolutely, you know you look towards him as kind of the energy, the the mindset you see him going in with out there where he's just ready to attack as soon as he gets in the box.
Speaker 6: So yeah, no, absolutely he is. He's just bringing the energy for us.
Speaker 10: Landon Dave Roberts said yesterday you are one of his four starting pitchers for the NLDS.
Speaker 5: What does that mean to you?
Speaker 6: It means a lot.
Speaker 12: Yeah, No, obviously, I've been very excited.
Speaker 6: Over the course of the year.
Speaker 12: You know, it's been kind of back and forth between here and OK see and kind of just battling through things, trying to stay as consistent as possible, and so getting that kind of not right there from him means a ton to me, and I'm just excited to contribute and to where it's our ultimate goal.
Speaker 6: Of World Series.
Speaker 10: Can you look back at where your season started and where it's going headed to the playoffs, do you feel like you're starting to get some traction to your season, some regularity to it again.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And I think kind of being able to get up here this last time and just kind of being able to settle in for the last month and kind of stick around up here and kind of get back into a normal routine instead of the kind of back and forth and starts moving around to kind of fit with the needs here and being able to just kind of have that consistency being part of the team and just getting to stay here. It's made everything.
Speaker 6: Feel a lot easier.
Speaker 5: Landed Neck is our guest.
Speaker 10: Let's go back to the celebration of the NL West Championship. What was it like for you to be part of that since you obviously have had a big part of this second half.
Speaker 6: It was surreal.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the getting to be here and actually be around for when we clinch, get into pop bottles with these guys and kind of celebrate this entire season where the work, I mean, it meant a ton to me.
Speaker 6: That was so much fun. Kind of just getting in there and celebrating with everybody.
Speaker 12: It was just a moment I'll never forget, kind of the first time popping bottles up here.
Speaker 10: I'm sure you envisioned that the last few years watching this team do exactly what you were a part of. To be part of it this time, do you feel like that's another box you've checked in your career.
Speaker 6: Yeah? Absolutely, guy.
Speaker 12: There's a lot of people who play baseball around this league that don't get to experience that for a long time if ever, And so getting to be a part of that in my rookie year, getting able to kind of be able to come up here and experience popping bottles and celebrating in nl WES championship, I mean is it is absolutely an amazing feeling and it's just something I definitely don't take for granted.
Speaker 10: During that celebration, Gavin Stone was in there twenty five starts, the most on the team. He pitched the most innings of any pitcher on this staff all year. Unfortunately the shoulder injury. What was it like celebrating with him?
Speaker 6: It was great. I'm so glad he was able to be there be a part of that.
Speaker 12: He's been such a huge part of this team the entire year, seeing the way he went out there and just took such a massive step forward established himself here this year. It was a lot of fun obviously coming up with Gavin, like it's somebody that like you want to see do well, you want to see succeed, and you just care about him, and so it's been. It was awesome for him to be able to be there celebrate everything that he helped us accomplish this year because he was such a big part of it.
Speaker 6: And uh, and it was just great.
Speaker 10: Landon Neck is our guest, all right, before I let you go. We all saw it the standoff yesterday before the game after the national anthem Dodger fans, I've seen that before between Joe Kelly at the time a Cardinal and Scott van Sli like a Dodger.
Speaker 5: How did that all come about? Did you arrange that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: I actually had no plan of doing that at all. And then uh, the color guard here, I was gonna I just always wait for them to get off the field, and instead of they were starting behind second and had to walk all the way to the left field corner and so it was taking a long time, and I just kind of half peeked over there there Aline and saw Freelan just eyeing me down. And so as soon as I saw him staring at me, I was like, well, I have to say, yes, I can't just not accept that.
Speaker 6: Like you're you're clearly challenging me. All right, let's do it. And uh so yeah that was fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean obviously, uh I hate that.
Speaker 12: Uh the umpire came to me first, of course to get me out of there.
Speaker 6: But uh yeah, that was that was fun.
Speaker 10: I feel like that was the rookie thing to do by the umpire, right, not go to the veteran in his home ballpark, but to come to the rookie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think he knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that, uh he could he.
Speaker 12: Could get the rookie a little bit more, just like being with it, like hey, it's an ejection and some other stuff.
Speaker 6: If you don't get off, I'm like, ah, you're right, all right, I'll get I'll go, I'll go.
Speaker 10: But yeah, so it was that was that was fun one all right, Landed, thanks a lot, love seeing your personality and these type of games, and very happy for you to be part of this uh October roster.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely can't wait.
Speaker 10: There he is the man Landing nac, good guy, easy to root for. Bat you in the studio, Tim, all right, thanks a.
Speaker 6: Lot, DV.
Speaker 2: Landing Neck one of the good guys and hopefully gonna have a big postseason for this Dodgers team. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zenci Handcrafts of Sushi made fresh daily on site.
Speaker 3: Pick up delicious sushi before the game.
Speaker 2: Are after at Ralph's or other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Leading me up to first pitch, and when we come back, we'll have deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katesi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 2: Low Dodgers and Rockies. Game two of this three games set from Corsfield. First pitch coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Antonio Sentinela on the Mound, twenty nine year old right hander out of Venezuela EC in the big leagues. Just as third start though this year, and just as fifth start the last two years because of injuries a knee and then Tommy John surgery. His last start was against these Dodgers. Five innings, one run, five hits, two strikeouts and a no decision at Dodgers Stadium last Sunday. He's facing the Dodgers again for the second time this year. He's four and five in sixteen career outings fourteen starts. The five sixty eight era ra Yoshinoba Yamamoto on the Mound six and two two ninety six e R Ray making his eighteen start last time out, three innings, four runs, five hits, four strikeouts and a no decision against thee Sam Rockies on Sunday. Yamamoto start brought to you by Eto ins Oyoha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that shoe Heyotani loves and drinks, available at local Diso stores, Amazon, and etoin dot com. That's it o e n dot Com. Dodgers Rockies were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys of the game, Our next I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers audio note.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies Yoshanova Yamamoto on the Mound Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot Commerce. Stopping in LA area Speedy Cash Store. Leading up to first pitch, let's get to the keys of the game as we head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch.
Speaker 3: Rick Monday tip, Never guess Tim.
Speaker 4: Thanks again. We're counting you down to the first pitch here at Corsfield in Denver on a gorgeous evening for baseball game number one sixty one, with one to play, the Dodgers looking for win ninety seven, the Rockies trying to avoid one hundred losses. Yoshanoba Yamamoto on the Hill will be his final start of the regular season, his fourth since coming off the injured list, and when he came off, he won eight innings, didn't allow an earn run until he faced the Rockies last Sunday, and that was a much different story. Only three innings, seventy nine pitches, he allowed four runs. So today the Dodgers are hoping to get up to ninety pitches and he certainly needs a longer route.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it pitch the last outing was really above what we normally see with a guy that has good command of the strike zone. I would think that they're going to really stretch out yama Moto as much as they can, because if you're looking aheadto the Dodgers postseason play, they're not going to play for a while. So for yama Moto, he needs a good work on the mound tonight and needs to find the striketh zone obviously with more consistency the last outing.
Speaker 4: Antonio senz Attela second start in about a week against the Dodgers, but he has had thirteen career starts against LA. He is three and five with an ERA of five point six zero. Dodgers and Rockies second game of this three game set coming up.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, Dodger fans at Hanser listening and experienced all Dodger games by downloading the iHeartRadio I've been listening in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all angele He knows lacare dot org first pinches next game two of this three game set Dodgers' best record in baseball. They'll have home field advantage throughout the postseason as the Phillies lost today. But hey, take care of business. Yoshinoba Yamamoto on the mound. Comeback Dodgers, Rocky. I'm Tim Katese has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network