Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: The official rock News intro disappeared on me? Here? What is going on in here? That's like the fourth thing this morning. We can't do rock news without the official rock news intro? Can we?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Well to hang on a second here, I'm gonna go and find that bad boy. That's exactly what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: Rock News brought to you by our pickyard No Yeah, Tuesday ticket takeover at one O one one WJRR on our Instagram.
Speaker 2: You got it? I do? I have it here. I believe that this is just weirdness going on today and I can't quite put my finger on it, but uh, you know, it happens. It happens. The old Pat Lynch would have had a meltdown right about now.
Speaker 1: But Hey, time for rock News on one oh one one w JR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with at Chintago and see which rockers are making the.
Speaker 2: Headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one w JR R. All right, and a reminder rock the bank cash to be had as well this hour. The first keyword went out, a bit of go you have until ten to enter bank b A n K bank at WJR dot com, and then somebody would be randomly picked to win one thousand dollars bank. All right, then we'll do that hourly throughout the workday, and you can enter each go around as I've been doing since the fan vote open for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame consideration last week to vote. You've got through the twenty first top five remain unchanged. Soundgarden in fifth, Cindy Laupper fourth, Billy Idol third, Bag Company, second, and Fish. It looks like the Fish fans are going to keep Fish out front for the duration of the fan vote. Now, which of the fan vote artists will end up making the final cut, we'll find out. That's just part of the consideration that the board there in Cleveland takes in before announcing those who will be enshrined later this year. Kind of cool event going on tonight and tomorrow night at New York City's Madison Square Garden. The remaining folks with any connection to the Almand Brothers band will be performing sold out shows tonight and tomorrow night. The Almend Brothers used to just after you know the key members have passed away. The Brothers was a group featuring remaining members of the final Almond Brothers band lineup. Well, those guys are going to get back together after about a five year hiatus. Tonight and tomorrow night try to put some closure on the entire Almond Brothers saga, which those of you who love Southern rock know that. Oh God, yeah, Almend Brothers at or near the top when it comes to that. Metallica have shared the trailer for their new fan documentary called metallicas Saved My Life, which, by the way, is not quite finished yet yet. The band is still ranging for screen in towns where they will be playing this spring and summer. So you know, I did not see if they booked something in the Tampa area yet from Metallic to Save My Life, but they are planning to do this on their tour stops before the completed product, just to give the you know, the hardcore fans a first chance to see this.
Speaker 1: Remember we went to something similar, we hosted out at Waterford Lakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was some kind of monster. That's pretty cool. What else you got here? Coachella? First weekend at Coachella was over the weekend. You know, obviously there's the things that happened there. One that may not have met expectations was when Brian May from Queen showed up on stage. He joined singer Benson Boone and they performed Bohemian Rhapsody of Course, one of Queen's best known tunes. The fan reaction and response to Brian May was described as lukewarm. Wow, lukewarm, you know, considered royalty in rock world. I don't know what to read into that. If anything.
Speaker 1: I saw some of the people that are there that they're interviewing. They were interviewing them pat about the reactions to the earthquake.
Speaker 2: Yea, guys, Oh it's crazy. Yeah. The My best guess is there's probably a good portion of people in the crowd who have no clue who Brian May even is, but they'd have to know the song. You know, you would hope, you would hope. So that was interesting. ACDC has now done two shows of their North American Power up to where they kicked it off last Thursday in Minneapolis and they rocked Arlington last night at and T Stadium just outside Dallas. Twenty one song set list, two plus hours. They only play two songs off the new album. The rest is all ACDC hits that you've known and loved for spanning the band's career.
Speaker 1: Wish all bands did that. It brings me back to the def Leppard show.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's an entirely valid conversation to have when classic rock artists continue to put out new albums, which if they want to create new music, obviously that's fantastic. Good for them, that's, you know, part of their DNA. But the fact of the matter is most of the times it's more miss than hit, and the fans that are showing up to support you and see your shows are there to hear your previous catalog of hits. I think ACDC pretty much well aware of that. Yeah, So May sixteenth get a chance to see them at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. Stevie Nicks announcing a North American solo tour, speaking of Tampa, August thirtieth, Emily Arena only Florida stop. Tickets for that will be going on sale Friday morning via ticketmaster dot com. You can also get info at stevinicks dot net. A former Guns N' Roses manager Alan Niven, he has a GNR themed podcast called at Petite for Distortion and Uh. He revealed that Axel Rose while he was, you know, managing the band, took a full fifty percent of the band's income. Seriously fifty percent. And uh it was asked, you know, to elaborate a little more, and he said, he goes. He goes with axel. It's straight up control thing. He uh, he wants to be in total control. Even though you know, Guns n' Roses at their prime and their heyday, the beauty of it was five different elements coming together just to create this you know, never before seen type of presentation. And AXL Yeah, obviously a huge part of that, but not the only part. Fifty percent. He was I'm surprised the other guys in the band let that let that fly. That's crazy. That's a good way to stir it up real quick. Is it true he was the band's manager. I would think if anyone would have access to the finances, it would be the band's manager. So he may know, and he said it is because he's a control freight.
Speaker 1: That's very similar to when he comes out to perform back in the day and he'd be, I don't know, an hour and a half late for his set.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Luckily he's gotten through that phase of his you know, me, Me, Me, And for the last few years, while Guns n' Roses are now being doing their thing, they've hit the stage on time for the most part. And one final thing here Shirley Manson, of course, from Garbage. That band has been around a long time. We don't realize this. Shirley is now fifty eight years old. They have some new music out and one of the British tabloids she took a shot at them after they took a shot at her when they called her unrecognizable the band's new publicity photograph, and she played the captain obvious thing heared said, Look, I'm almost sixty years old. Obviously I don't look like I did when I was in my twenties. People age, She goes, but I'll tell you this, no matter what I look like, no matter what they say about me, I will always in forever rock harder than most.
Speaker 1: Well done, Shirley.
Speaker 2: Then she allegedly said, sick burn