Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast show.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody wants me sixteen. So I just work your ass is my eye. You're going to acknowledge me.
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 4: Everybody, and welcome to another week of the Main Event Review with your host Daniel as always, and as you can probably tell from my voice, it is a little bit different this weekend. I actually did lose it and have been a bit sick, so you might notice a bit of a muffle in my voice. Here in Australia we are transitioning into winter, while all you people are in the Northern Hemisphere transferring into the lovely hot summer, which I'm extremely jealous about. But again, we're still got a task to do, and that is to review the events that happened across the Main Event and also the events that happened across Monday.
Speaker 3: Night Rule as well.
Speaker 4: But before we do that, we need to address the latest news with WWE and some releases that have occurred, the first one being Carlito, which comes at a big surprise.
Speaker 3: To me as well.
Speaker 4: I know he did win his Puerto Rican championship that I expected him to carry around and flex with the Judgment day, but that's not going to be the case. He has been released from WWE. He's not going to be getting a new contract. Wishing the best for Carlito. He offered some good laughs on the judgment day and gave that group kind of breath of fresh air, and now they're not going to continue for his contract. So it looks as though that they're trying to mitigate and remove kind of that gimmick and focused on talent that are actually consistently performing in ring. But still I feel as though that car leader offered a lot for WWE, so it's really sad to let him go. The next one is, as we all know and has blown up on the internet, is Our Truth, which has come to a complete shock to every single person.
Speaker 3: Personally.
Speaker 4: I think this is just such a ridiculous move, extremely unnecessary release from the WWA, given that he's got a massive relationship with the fans. Everyone loves Our Truth. He is a national treasure. He's someone that adored by a lot of people, and not to mention, he's served the company forever twenty five years. Personally, I have a big attachment to Our Truth. Reason being is as a kid, I did go to one of two house shows ever live and Our Truth was performing on the main event, and this was when he was a heel, going up against John Cena and it was a really fun match and it was really good to see Our Truth perform live as well. So yeah, taking my personal at touchment from that, He's given so much to fans and I just don't understand it because he literally had this match with his childhood hero John Cena that got a lot of got a lot of praise, and he really he was really fun in that match as well, just showing the face side of John Cena and obviously his new T shirt that got released that I was so keen to purchase. I whish I can't because the tariffs laid on on Australia at the moment, but was so keen to purchase his merchandise there the Ron sena parody John Cena top which which got a lot of which got a lot of well, So in saying that it did see that Truth brought a lot of money to the company. Maybe he wouldn't have been able to perform consistently in the ring with anything significant. He still managed to pull off a decently interesting storyline with the John Cena hero phase and trying to get John Cena back to the good side, and we all kind of overlooked it. But when he brought the taler and said the last time is now, that probably was the truth. And yeah, it's just crazy how they managed to do it, And all that I'm seeing online is that a lot of people and executives were really surprised at the decision and it's given a lot of unsettling feelings to a lot of the current roster and the current talent as well, which is something that you don't really want to have as a collective and as a company to have your superstars feel as though their job is not secure. And the fact that Our Truth, of all people, had their contract not renewed really shows that. And I think it's it was a massive mistake.
Speaker 3: Triple H and t K are.
Speaker 4: Getting a lot of backlash from fans and it's gone all over X and I'm not surprised about it, but again, I.
Speaker 3: Really wish the best for Our Truth.
Speaker 4: I hope that he has an opportunity elsewhere, but it really isn't going to be the same without him, and I feel like it won't be the same anywhere he goes because he's he's been such a valuable asset to the company, and yeah, it's a shame that it's a shame that they released him. I'm actually lost for words and quite upset about it, to be honest. But in saying that the show must go on, we must move on and continuing reviewing the show, I thought I just addressed those two latest releases, but again yep. Moving on to main event, we had the first match with Natalia taking on Maxine dupre You're not sorry, Maxine Depri's accompanied by her taking on the prodigy Roxanne Perez, who is such a talent that I feel like is going to go beyond her ceiling here with wwe are now recently signing onto RAW, she gets a chance to showcase her talents on main event, which she does getting the victory here kind of cheating in a sense. Natalia went for a sharp shooter. Roxanemerez rolled to the ropes, lifted up the apron, and as the ref went to obviously fix the apron, his back was blindsided and Roxane Perez raked the eyes and the Tilia rolled her up and got a three count here, which was a fantastic victory. And again this is simply just a momentum push for her going into Money in the Bank and also as she's a new superstar, getting that main event exposure as well. But this really just shows that WWE are taking Roxanne part of their future plans and I'm not going to be surprised to see her push for titles going forward. And she's showing unbelievable strides in early stages and a great start with being a part of this judgment they feud and kind of unsettling Dominique.
Speaker 3: And rear Ripley.
Speaker 4: I think it's a great start for her career as well. I just hope she's able to kind of compete for titles. That has a really good Money in the Bank match as well. I don't expect her to win the briefcase, but I do expect her to have a pretty decent run there and make us feel like she is close to win it. But yeah, a really good job for rox Sanperez just getting in some momentum.
Speaker 3: For that and that's for Natalia.
Speaker 4: Not really much to go for there, but I think these two need to start having tag team matches even on main event, to just get their momentum going because as individual stars, nothing's happening for the two of them, for Maximum Depriz who I'm talking about and Natalia, So definitely something that should be looked upon. I think the singles run from the it's truly.
Speaker 3: Well and over.
Speaker 4: I am truly truly sorry about my voice, guys. It was a lot worse two days ago. So it's enough for me to kind of just continue to review this, but yeah, bear with me on this. We do have our next match, which is the Triple Threat World Tag Team Championship match between the war Raiders, American Made and the New Day, in which, to no surprise and New they retained the titles through Xavier Wrulds rolling up Julius Creed. There. Hopefully this is the end of the feuds with those two at tag teams and finally we can see the New Day take on something more significant. I know that SummerSlam is around the corner, so just something there would be very, very exciting. I would love to see a lot of segments of them just pulling out promos on a regular basis. I think that's something that we need from this group and it's something that will take them to higher levels as well, or should. We haven't heard anything from Big E, but if he is to return, that could be something big there, but there's no signs of that actually happening.
Speaker 3: So the New Day continue to show.
Speaker 4: Some heat and claim themselves is one of the best tag teams, but this run continues to remain insignificant with the opponents they're coming up against and with the lack of promos they're doing. Again, as I mentioned last week, I feel like the division in Raw is needing of a tag team that is built from a faction or too high level solo superstars teaming up together. Maybe we might see Bronson Reid and bron Baker push for those titles. You never know, since they've they've got nothing to do but besides protect Steth Rollins, So look out for that. But again the New Day continuing to retain the title and hold on hold on to those belts there as well. We then stay on Raw with Jay Usso coming out into the ring, who basically came and did a promo mentioning how busy he's been that he's going to be teaming up with Cody Rhodes against John Cena and Logan Paul and as he was about to finish, Guntha made his way down.
Speaker 3: To the ring.
Speaker 4: The fans continue to chap chance you tapped out to Guntherha but came onto the ring to basically congratulate jus basically saying that he possesses great qualities as a human being, but possesses terrible qualities of being a champion. He said that Jay didn't know better because unlike Gunfa, the position doesn't really come natural to him. Gunthah always said he was able to be championed for a year because the only person he cares about is himself. He also said that Jay doesn't have the intellect to be a great champion and said that he's going to choke him out, take his world heavyweight title and put the belt back where it belongs in his waist. Then j Uso delivering quite a sketchy promo. He had to pause a lot of times to get his words out. I'm not sure if you're doing that to suspend the crowd or he was really trying to think about what to say, but I found that quite baffling. He said that he was done if everyone's saying his days of Championship as Chamber unnumbered. He said that he does have family and friends, so he fights for them and they fight for him. He also said that what Gunther is fighting for is less than what Jay's fighting for because he's fighting for the fans. He did say that in two weeks he's going to make tap gun to tap out again and basically went with his catchphrase four that is one word yeat and that.
Speaker 3: Was pretty much the end of that promo.
Speaker 4: And again, as mentioned, I did think that this was going to be a significant match, but they are pretty much hyping this match too high for the fact that it's in RAW, and that can be for only one reason, and one reason only. This is the raw straight after Money in the Bank. So I suppose that this, especially if it's put as the main event, which it most likely will be for Raw, that a cash in of some sort is most likely to occur in this match, and I think that's going to happen. I think, without giving my predictions too early, Seth Rowlinans is gonna well, I can do it because obviously by the time this has done, Money in the Bank will be over. But I feel as though that Seth Orwans will win the money in the bank briefcase, and go on to cash in the next day. It's the only way that I think makes sense that they're promoting this match so heavily, given that it is just a simple raw and in Phoenix there's no significant event occurring. To what I can remember, the only thing that I can see is that it's positioned straight after money in the bank, So wherever you take from that, that's what I take from it. But it doesn't seek my jus is going to be champion for that long, but if not, it might just be a regular defense. But it's hard to really think that that will be the case because they've already had their WrestleMania. I don't see Raw being the place where Jasu has the opportunity to eat and celebrate with the crowd defending the championship, And to be honest, I don't seek Gunfa defending the title either. I definitely see Gunfa going on the road of versus Goldberg at Summer Slam. We know that that promo hasn't been finished and that feud hasn't been done, and Goldberg is said to have one more match, So that's where I think that's going to be positioned and yeah, to take out what's happened in the promo nothing too effective. I think this feud is well and truly over and I think we need to move on to bigger and better things with Jay us So probably focusing on the new kind of movement and generation, with Seth Rolins and Gunfah focusing on beating legends I believe based on what's been done in this field as well. We then go on to the main event again we had the new Catch Republic taking on a town down Under. Pete Dunn looking quite different with his new haircut. He's got a mullet vade remove his long hair. To be honest, it does look a lot nicer and hopefully some new things for the Catch Republic. They do get a victory here against Atown down Under. And before I get to the match as well, I have to say that the fans were giving a crazy pop for Austin Theory when he got tagged in. A lot of the fans were cheering him. There were Austin Theory chants happening before the match, and it seems as though the face turn is organically happening and we're about to see these two split up with Austin Theory being the face that comes out of this, and I hope this is something that pushes Austin Theory to what Vince McMahon saw of him a few bit years back, because Austin Theory has a lot of potential to do a lot of things in this industry, and I think with the crowd going on his side, that might move that a lot quicker and Grace and Waller being the perfect heel and person to make that push occur, because as I've mentioned previously, these guys are due for a big, long, good old split up that's been dragged for nearly over a year now, So hopefully that does happen. And for the New Cautch Republic getting a victory.
Speaker 3: Here, maybe, just maybe they.
Speaker 4: Might go into contending for the World Tag Team Championships. Obviously, given that what I mentioned before, the new they probably don't have another opponent coming up, so maybe the New Cautch Republic might have an opportunity there to fight for some gold, so look out for that on Raw moving forward too. We then get the final I Guess segment with main event starting with Seth Rowlins coming into the ring.
Speaker 3: He was getting a lot of booze heavily, so it.
Speaker 4: Kind of cut out the first part of the promo, but he went straight to the part where people started channing you sold out to Seth Rollins, which at first didn't make sense. So then Rowlands addressed this, which was good and what was mentioned before that who do he sell out to? He said that he hasn't changed. He said that he was going to do what he did at WrestleMania, and then fans started channing few Rollins and he continued to kind of address this and say that the morons don't know what's.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 4: For you that act like Seth is the bad guy that doesn't deserve power, but Rolins said that there's the only one capable of leing this, coming to the future.
Speaker 3: And needing that power.
Speaker 4: He said that he would have been World Everywhere Champion if it wasn't for Samy'zay and c and Punk, and Roland said that Punk found out what happens when you underestimate him. He also said that Zay will find that out later tonight because Roland says that he has something more powerful than championships.
Speaker 3: He has the money.
Speaker 4: In the briefcase, mentioning that he will qualify, win the contract and cash in whenever, and however he once then essentially with a few trailers and kind of teasers as we all used to wear Ripley promo and kind of preview of the men's money in the bank match, we get to the main event, which is samyzay And taking on Finnbala and Seth Rowlans. We see that bron Breaker and Ronson Reed come into the match to distract Seth Rowlands, and then jay Uso comes in and puts his thoughts in as well to interfere. Then we get Dominic Mysterio coming out of nowhere to pretty much throw a chair into the middle of the ring, to which, as Bala was calling for, Seth Rowlands curve stomps Finnbala onto this chair, getting the victory here. So this was a great way to end the match. It obviously included the feud with dom and with Finnbala, which was awesome. Being able to obviously integrate that together was great.
Speaker 3: And then you had.
Speaker 4: Obviously Seth Rowlans and Sammy Zain's few with ju So involved as well, so kind of double edged sword there, Seth Rowlands getting the victory, which was probably the right decision in hindsight, Finn Baler getting screwed over by Dommasterira and Sammy Zain getting nothing in this match but just a main event spot. However, after the match, though, seems Punk's music basically comes on and pretty much Seth Rowlands told Bron Breaker and Runs to meet Yeah Punk at the isle, So as they walked out, the music came out. Punk ended up going behind Rowlands and giving him a go to sleep, and basically, while Breaker and Read went back to the ring to check on Rolins, Punk was celebrating with the crowd.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of how the show ended.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Sam Punk has a match to qualify for money and bank with a J Celes and Al Grande Americano, and it seems as though Seth Siampunk will qualify based on that and we'll go into the match too.
Speaker 3: I still see.
Speaker 4: Seth Rowlands winning the match, but again, they have a chance to continue they're very long lasting feud and Issus disappointing another missbooking here carrying Cross not even getting an opportunity to qualify for the match. I really did expect that he would get a chance to win money in the Bank or even be in the match, but they're not even putting him in a qualifying match, which is extremely disappointing. I think they're doing it just to hype him up a bit more and get the crowd kind of uneasy with the fact that Cross keeps getting ruled over. But we'll have to wait and see what happens with him. But anyway, I digress. The match ends with Sampunk coming into the ring and Seth Rowlands getting the victory and really excited for Money in the Bank next week. Obviously, when the next episode comes out, concluding this one, we'll be reviewing the events that happen in Main Event and then the Money in the Bank results. The reason why I do that is because obviously the events of Raw have already transpired, and the events of Money in the Bank have also already transpired the same day that Main Event gets released onto YouTube. So again, that does conclude another main Event review. Thank you so much for tuning in and listening. Again, really looking forward to Money in the Bank and my review next week where I kind of review that as well, so I'll leave it at that. Hopefully by then my voice improved significantly and I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your week as well.
Speaker 3: Cheers.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.