Speaker 1: Follow the efficiency.
Speaker 2: Look that he's found.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Eight o four, a fifty five car CD talk station. Happy Wednesday, Very happy Wednesday. Not only do we get the big picture with Jack Addan, my favorite back to back segment here on the fifty five Garric Morning Show always begins with Congressman Thomas Massey. Welcome back, my friend. It's a pleasure having you on my program.
Speaker 2: Wow, I feel like I've been run over by a freight train.
Speaker 1: That's good to be on.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I z Iggy Pop observed the lust for life. You know, I've had it in the year before. You've got in the year before. But have you ever got into the ear before? From Tom Donald Trump? He came out swinging the other day on social media and asking the UV primary because you set it out loud in advance of the Continued Resolution vote that you would be a no, and you delivered on your promise. It was a two seventeen to two thirteen pass with one Democrat, Jared Golden from Maine, defying his party. But you defied your party and said no. What was the premise behind your Well, first of all, if your reaction to Donald Trump actually singling you out.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, President Trump went after Canada and me yesterday, and the difference is Canada is eventually going to cave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you're not one to cave, standing on principle, now your principal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me give you the simplest description of what this bill does. This is a continuing resolution. It's a cut copy paste of last year's budget, which means yesterday every Republican except for me, voted to lock in Biden's agenda and the exact same spending levels on the exact same things until September thirtieth. Like they have now tied Trump's hands until September thirtieth on all the discretionary spending.
Speaker 1: It's off the table.
Speaker 2: Doach, you can't cut it, et cetera, et cetera. Now there is one chance, a last ditch chance, which is you can do recisions. You can get Bill's pass with fifty one votes in the Senate to take some of the spending out.
Speaker 1: But for now they.
Speaker 2: Have respent, refunded all of the DOGE cuts, those waste fraud abuse that we're supposed to get cut. Congress just re upped it. And Brian, I love coming on your show, because we could go back and find the history of me telling you what's going to happen, and then it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This spending bill was due on September thirtieth of last year. Okay, and instead of doing the twelve separate bills, which is what we should be doing, people are always like, well, Connor's and Massy, what would you do. I would do twelve separate bills and take the threat of a shutdown off the table. Because if you put twelve bills over in the Senate and they don't like three of them, well, there's only three things that are not funded. Nine tenths nine twelves of the government gets funded. So they didn't do twelve bills by September thirtieth, So they did a CR. They said, Okay, we don't want to before the November election. It's too important. We might lose the majority if we fight, and we might not win the White House if we fight. So let's fight after the election.
Speaker 1: So they punted it.
Speaker 2: They punted the spending bill using a CR into December of last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, guess what.
Speaker 2: We won the election, guys, we won the Senate. We kept the House and we won the White House. But you know what, it's not time to fight. We shouldn't fight yet because let's let's wait until we're in charge of the Senate, until we have the Senate majority leader, until we have a.
Speaker 1: President who can signed the bill.
Speaker 2: And instead of going to January, because January a cr from last December to this past January. Well that won't give Trump enough time to get his feet underneath of him. So let's do it until March. Okay, well, here comes, here comes March. This is this is where we are, Brian. Tomorrow the funding runs out. And what's their excuse. Now they've used two excuses. They used, oh, wait till the election. The second excuse was wait until everybody gets sworn in the new majority. And now the excuse is we don't have we need more time. We need more time. That is the worst excuse in the world. That's basically saying we've run out of excuses. Because what happens with time is the mandate that President Trump achieved in that in the victory, that overwhelmed the victory, It wears off, it doesn't last four years. In fact, when I talked to President Trump two weeks after the election last November, I said, you've got I think you got about six months to get all this done, and then they're going to try to bog us down and tie us up. And he seemed to agree with me then. But now the strategy is, let's wait nine months to fight.
Speaker 3: What is I guess by way of you know time you mentioned the twelve appropriations bills. We've talked about this so many times. Congress hasn't done their job. Now for how long with twelve individual appropriately bills as are required to do onto the terms of their job descriptions? Where were those in process before we got to the fall and the need to do a continuing resolution?
Speaker 2: Well, under Kevin McCarthy we got like six or nine of them done, depending of the twelve, depending on what you count as done, whether it's in committee or whether it's on the floor. Last year none zero, and this year I don't think they're even going to try. But here's the thing, Brian, even if you didn't go through committees, you know, even if you didn't do the regular order, the process that we're supposed to follow, we would still be better off if they went in the back room and wrote twelve separate bills instead of going in a back room and shaking hands with Hakeem Jeffries and agreeing to a fake fight and just extending Biden's spending levels into the first nine months of Trump's administration.
Speaker 1: Like this fight was so fake.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, and you know, I was taking the brunt of it. I'm good, I'm okay with that because I was calling it out as a fake fight because all but one Republican voted for this bill, and all but one Democrat voted against it. So they made it look like conservative versus liberal fight, which wouldn't this thing gets to the Senate. They need sixty votes in the Senate. I called up a certain senator over there, and I'm like, how many Democrats are going.
Speaker 1: To vote for this? And he said between ten and fifteen.
Speaker 2: They've they added some money in this thing to sweeten it up for the Democrats. They made it look like a fight in the House. And here's how sure that I am that this is a fake fight that's not even going to get fought in the Senate, even though it was the fake fight in the House. They've sent us all home, Like I'm still in DC, but they put everybody on planes last night and today and said we're done in the House. And by the way, the funding doesn't run out until Friday, so the Senate has two days to do this. They know the Senate's going to pass it if they because if they so much has changed the punctuation, they have to call everybody back from the House Representatives.
Speaker 1: And past that version.
Speaker 3: Well, as you observe, this continues the spending levels under the Biden administration. So why would the Democrats vote against it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I just talked to a I can't say somebody used to be in Congress, and he's like, I don't get it. Tell me what you all are doing, Tell me what you are to do it, because it looks like this is the Democrats dream. Here's something else that happened, Brian. Remember under the FRA two years ago when we raised the debt limit and I took a lot of flak for agreeing to vote for that.
Speaker 1: And the Rules Committee.
Speaker 2: The reason I voted for it, we got a deal where if they do a cr that goes past April thirtieth, everything gets cut one percent.
Speaker 1: Right, And I was taking the bet.
Speaker 2: I was making the at that these jokers up here wouldn't get the twelve separate bills done, that they wouldn't even get an omnibus done, that they would eventually just do a CR for the whole year. Well, guess what, that's just what they did. And that term it's called a sequester. It's in language, it was passed into law, and they got a bunch of legal parliamentarians up here who huddled and decided that if this r goes past April, it would be a one percent cut. But since they're going all the way to September thirtieth, not September twenty nine, Since they're going all the way to September thirtieth for the purposes of that one percent cut, it is the one percent cuts no longer valid because they're counting it as an omnibus, as a full year spending omnibus.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically they're turning off the one percent across the board cut that was agreed to and signed into law as a sequester two years ago.
Speaker 3: Well that sounds that sounds rather orwell, and that you can you can call it an obolost when it's a continued resolution.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, they've just decided for the purposes of since it suits their purposes not to.
Speaker 1: Have the cut.
Speaker 2: It's like t ball, Bryant. All all Speaker Johnson had to do was walk up to the plate and swing the bat. The ball was already on the tee to cut things one percent. Here's the problem. The military guys were. When I say military guys, I mean military industrial complex. Yes, I.
Speaker 1: Don't mean the soldiers, right.
Speaker 2: The soldiers deserve a pay raise, they deserve the veterans deserve to be taken care.
Speaker 1: Of all that.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is the people who are here for Lockheed Martin and raze On and Boeing and GE. I know there's GE jobs in today, but all of those because they make the motors for the engines for these things. Those lobbyists and those congressmen that are most subservient to those lobbyists demanded that they're not be.
Speaker 1: A one percent cut. And I'm talking about Republicans. That's I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm struggling to find something that's FCC compliance by way of reaction in or Congressman Massey.
Speaker 2: So I'm just laying it all out there for you, Brian, and for your listeners. And I know there's a lot of crazy terms like cr onto this blah blah blah. All you got to remember is what just happened in the House yesterday, and it's going to happen in the Senate today or tomorrow. Is going to lock in the spending levels of Biden's last fifteen months his term. Those will be locked in until September thirtieth. That Trump's agenda, if he's going to do it through spending, which is basically how you do ninety percent of this, either cutting or expanding spending in different regions, he can't implement it until September thirtieth because it's already locked down. The Biden money is locked down the Democrats. It was a fake fight in the House, and you're going to find out when this thing passes the Senate that the Democrats actually.
Speaker 3: Like it well at the risk are running over. I just got to ask this, But for their part, what do the Republican side of the ledge, of the ones that you had to deal with at voter for this, how do they defend what you just pointed out? What is their motivation? This running out of time when they could have you know, done some cuts or at least not called it an omnibus and left it as a cr so we would be guaranteed the one percent cut across the board. Is it all this nefarious type of military industrial complex type Republicans?
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's part of it. But the question is how did the Freedom Caucus come along?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, And.
Speaker 2: The answer is Trump's advisor said, you don't. We got to avoid a shutdown, and the Democrats are itching for a shutdown, but so basically, give them what they want so we don't have a shutdown, and then we'll try to take a different bite at the apple. Another bite at the apple September thirtieth. That's a false promise and a different bite of the apple with the reconciliation to early summer.
Speaker 1: But I guess ex mandatory spinning.
Speaker 3: Recognize they were at least believing in part and ignoring the military industrial complex.
Speaker 1: States.
Speaker 3: If you had cut the problem didn't lie in the House, you probably would have. Let's assume you had enough votes to vote for something that reduced the size of scope of government. But these had some cuts in it, and all the Republicans got there together and said, yeah, that's fine. The problem was that would be the Senate then, right, because they wouldn't get sixty votes in the Senate for this, they will because it extends everything. The Democrats wont because it's one of the Biden and Jenna spending levels. But they the shutdown would have come as a consequence of the vote in the Senate though, right.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, if you if if you resign yourself to that mass and that logic. By the way, that's one of ten things they pull out of the hat the reasons not to fight ever versus we don't have the Senate or we don't have.
Speaker 1: The White House.
Speaker 2: But when you get the White House, the Senate, in the House, they say, we don't have sixty.
Speaker 1: Votes in the Senate.
Speaker 2: If you, if you believe, if you truly believe that, then you absolutely know on September thirtieth of this year, we are not going to fight because there we aren't picking up eight seats in the Senate. That's right, Like there is no election between now and September thirtie. So if you believe that logic, which I don't buy, I say you put them on the spot. And by the way, crs are a crappy way to do it, like even the one percent cut CR is a crappy way to do it, and omnibus is a crappy.
Speaker 1: Way to do it.
Speaker 2: But because then you have this giant shutdown where everything shuts down if you don't if you don't get it past the Senate. That's why you should send twelve separate bills to the Senate, like the law prescribes the nineteen seventy four budget control.
Speaker 1: At amen to that.
Speaker 3: Let's pause, we're in congressom MESSI back after these brief words, beginning with Chimney Care Fireplace in Stove. You know it's a great time to gather around the fire in the winter time. I know it's warmed up there. We'll get some more cold weather, but every time, anytime of the year is a great time to have your chimney inspected, because you should do it annually. Wood burners out there, you're the ones I'm primarily speaking to, because you get the kreisode build up and if you haven't had your chimney inspected, it's time to take advantage of the winter special from the Chimneycare Fireplace in Stove. A plus with the BBB been around since nineteen eighty eight, locally owned and operated. Right now, the wood burning sweep evaluation only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents plus tax. Do a full video camera inspection. They'll do the sweep, make sure everything's safe for you. Get a carbon monoxide detector uh and that way you can enjoy the fire in whenever time of year you want to use it, do it annually and right now. It's a great time with this special again one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax to make sure that you can safely enjoy the fireplace. Book the appointment online at chimneycarecode dot com. Also check out all the other services they offer and the products available at the showroom located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road, CHIMNEYCARECD dot com, or call them up and tell them. Brian said, Hi, five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio Station cower iHeartRadio Musical War.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry quick weatherfore caask day cloud to show up around one o'clock to say afternoon, otherwise sunny and seventy seven overnight, partly cloudy forty six tomorrow partly cloudy seventy six overnight mostly are partly to mostly clear skies for the eclipse forty eight for the low highest seventy seven on Friday with partly cloudy skies forty degrees now.
Speaker 5: Traffic times from the u SEE Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's the clear choice for a wrapping by saving treatment. Learn more at you see health dot com. Crews are working to clear wreck northbound seventy one before Montgomery Road and ken Wood traffic backing up close to the lateral over a twenty minute delay northbound seventy five. You're often on the breaks from Mitchell through Wakland in Bend seventy four backing above Montana. Chuck ingramon fifty five Karsne the talk station.
Speaker 3: A twenty one fiftive out KRCD talk station. Judge Napolitano up next, he's probably listening right now. Joe gave the heads up the Congressman Thomas Massy beyond the program, Judsephulaton a huge fan of Congressman Massy as am I let's talk talk about either end the fed or Safer Voter Act. I want to make sure we get the most important topic in your world before we go to the end of the segment.
Speaker 1: Congressman, well, yeah, easiest one to cover. I think we can do in both.
Speaker 2: Safer Voter Act stands for second amendment for every registerable voter. So what I'm doing is tying the age that you can buy a handgun to the age at which you can vote. There should be basically one age of adulthood, and I believe it's eighteen. The problem right now is you are not allowed to buy a handgun from a licensed FFL if you are eighteen, nineteen or twenty years old.
Speaker 1: Right, you have to register for the draft.
Speaker 2: You can go die for your country, but or somebody other's country.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, same thing with alcohol or Yeah there's another one now that one's ostensibly a state issue, but they've mandated it through.
Speaker 1: A traffic total highway dollar. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the federal firearms you know, laws prevent eighteen, nineteen and twenty year olds from buying. Now, you could buy one off of a family member, you can buy one off of a friend.
Speaker 1: This is the irony. I don't think the liberals realize this.
Speaker 2: They want everybody to go through a background check, but you're not even allowed to go through that if you're eighteen, nineteen or twenty anyone who you got to find one in the back alley or get it for Christmas. So I want to change that by lowering that age to eighteen. And so that's the easy one. In the FED, this should be obvious. We should end the Federal Reserve. Somebody asked me at a speech after a speech last weekend in Kentucky, do you think Trump went into the federal Reserve? I said no, I think he wants to be the federal Reserve like he would he would like to have a knob with the interest rates, and he would like to turn the knob right. But the reality is we shouldn't be turning that knob, shouldn't be fine monetizing our debt. Yet that's what we do, and it's really Congress uses the Federal Reserve to devalue the dollar.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 2: And then the Federal Reserve is supposed to be independent. They're not really. It's a revolving door between bankers, investment bankers.
Speaker 1: And the Treasury.
Speaker 2: They go to the FED and they turn knobs and then they come back and collect on whether or their friends are collecting on the benefits of the way they set the knobs there at the FED.
Speaker 1: That's why it needs to be audited. That's my other bill.
Speaker 2: Some people say, if you audit to FED find out what's really going, you'll want to end the FED.
Speaker 1: So I've introduced both bills, one to audit it and one to end it.
Speaker 3: All right, any tu reading on whether either or both will pass.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're going to get into Fed. Audit to FED. We've got that pass in the House a few times, it goes through the Oversight Committee, and it's passed the House.
Speaker 1: I think they.
Speaker 2: Should bring it up in the Senate. You've got Democrats over in the Senate. You know, you've got to get to sixty. Like Bernie Sanders, who voted for audit the FED in the House, but now that he's a Senator, maybe he doesn't want to.
Speaker 1: Audit the FED.
Speaker 3: It might be too revealing and it might cause Congress the well yeah, yeah, uh huh. Monetizing the we're going to end up the Fiat currency is just going to collapse, and the whole world's going to fall apart Congress from messy.
Speaker 2: That's when the music stops is when they stop using US as reserve currency because we basically we don't just tax our own citizens when we devalue the money through inflation, we're taxing every country that holds our dollars as we are, or holds our bonds treasuries. That's like kind of how they hold the dollars, and they're kind of getting tired of it.
Speaker 1: They've got less.
Speaker 2: Appetite to buy our debt. That's why interest rates.
Speaker 1: Are going up.
Speaker 2: They're not going up because the Fed wants them to go up. They really don't have complete control over interest rates anymore. It's the people who buy our debt, and eventually, with bills that like the one that passed yesterday, they are going to demand more interest. Yeah, and it's just going to start compounding.
Speaker 3: I wish we ended on a better note, Congressman Massy, but it is reality and we've got to know it and understand it to get something done going in the right direction. Congressman Thomas Massey, I understand and appreciate everything you do, and I thank you for coming on the morning show and sharing your time with my listeners and me and keep I guess I'll say, keep speaking truth to power, even though no one apparently listening to you, like.
Speaker 1: It's streaming into the void. But say hi to the judge for me. Yeah, I think you just did.
Speaker 3: I do believe he's he's streaming the audio right now, but I will make a point of doing that. Take care of my friend. We'll talk again soon. Stick around, folks, Judge an anapolitanum My weekend in Moscow. That'll be next fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by