Speaker 1: I have been absolutely not doing my job this morning. I blame one of you, and I don't know. I mean, is it a guy thing? Ross? Are you? Were you aware they were demolitioning the Tropicana Casino in Vegas, like right now or about a half hour ago. Yeah, so they're doing the whole big employee. Can you imagine? Can you imagine if you're if you're a crew and you were like nine tenths of the way through your hest planning, how you must feel watching that because I didn't know what was happening. All right, you're getting ready, You got the digging machine from the chunnel, get all your dudes. You probably paid out some bribes, so you're financially invested in well, the chunnel thing too. And and then uh no, Ocean's eleven style thing because they just put a bunch of dynamite.
Speaker 2: Didn't it.
Speaker 1: So I guess that's where they're building the baseball field in Vegas. I don't no, you know, you know what I was just thinking of this? Yeah, I have actually stayed at the Tropic Canna way back in the day, and it wasn't nice then, so I can't even imagine what it looks like inside right now. But well now now it's not an issue. But yeah, building demolition. One of our listeners sent it to me, Mitch, thank you, Mitch. Like I had like an instant four year old boy reaction. I'm like, they're gonna blow a building up. I'm gonna go watch that. So I sat there and had to listen to these idiots bloviate. And then the first time I'm watching, I'm watching on like a Bally stream, and then they're like two minutes in there, like you need a Bally account to continue, and and then so I had to go find another one. But holy hell, man, oh like like flies to well, you know, bees to honey, so to speak. So h yeah, that was that was pretty cool And I would I would have told you about it before I didn't know. Yeah, you tell how many guys don't want to push the big comically sized plunge your thing once in their life. It doesn't have to be for a Vegas casino, although that's a pretty good get. It could be I don't know, for a New Mine. It could be your your your arch nemesis house. I mean, but the push and the big, the big plunger thing, bully hells, I want to do that at least once any is anybody in demolition out there? Can I come push a plunger on something. I don't know why. I just had this urge watching that so and why should it be billionaires in business suits at five in the morning doing it? Well, I guess it'd be like two thirty in the morning their time or something. Is there on they're on West Coast. I don't know, man AnyWho. That's the thing that happened. So there you are armed with a little information to get things rolling alrighty coming up on the show, we were floating this theory yesterday right the burn it all down and you know, Joe Biden's intentionally doing things to undermine Kamala or really undermine anybody. And you know what, as more and more stuff comes out, we had reports yesterday they don't like each other that I'm not shocked about. I never got the vibe that they were besties, even if she stood in the field with the phone to your ear and was just so proud. It has been contentious and now she's got to go out and she, essentially I thought, had to run under the premise that everything's sucks, which she is, which, of course, if you're Joe Biden and you know you have a moment to actually be cognitive about it, that's pretty damned and Sultan. But also what he has nothing to lose right there's there is nothing for him to lose. He's not going to run for elected office anymore. They'll, like, you know, they'll give him some honorarium stuff like that, but nobody's hiring him. He's not going to jump into a CEO's position at a tech company. And so what does it matter? How do I know? There's apparently a book coming out to where Joe Biden lays at the feet of Barack Obama the current putin situation for basically not doing anything with the annexation of Crimea. So what am I supposed to think he or maybe maybe his wife is doing. I don't know, but I am more and more convinced of that. And meanwhile, even though she's running, essentially everything sucks right now, I'll be here to fix it. She still went on the View yesterday and said.
Speaker 3: This, would you have done something differently than President Biden? Well, if anything, would you have done something differently than President Biden? During the past four years?
Speaker 4: There is not a thing that comes to mind in terms of and I've been a part of most of the decisions that have had impact.
Speaker 1: But I am so confused. Wasn't that the thing that him saying that about her was detrimental? And then she comes out and says that, don't worry. Later she'll blame Trump for I don't know everything, But like, how am I supposed to read her? I mean, I understand that people like this is not a smart woman, but she's smart. She's been in politics to the you know, California politics is its own thing, but she's she's been in politics long enough. You don't say that unless you want to say that, right. I am so incredibly confused. But yeah, so she was on the view. We got a little more audio from that also coming up on the show. Let's see here more on the DeSantis thing too. She lobbed, you know, she loved that bomb out. I tried to call him and he didn't pick up the phone and he wouldn't talk to me, And she got absolutely leveled by Ron DeSantis but also Joe Biden yesterday, I did it again. You can't convince me otherwise over you know what's happening down in Florida, which of course we'll talk about with Ray Stagic as the as the show unfold. Normally, I don't. I don't dig into other local radio shows. Everybody can just kind of go do their own thing. I mean, sure, but it's you know, the national public radio, or it's you know, some sort of large podcast or rogan whatever that'll get coverage, so I don't normally lean into it. Somebody sent me an interview yesterday of the mayor of Chimney Rock, obviously one of the communities absolutely devastated, and I I'm listening to it two different ways. I'm listening to it. It's a host. I believe he's from Greenville, South Carolina, right, I have to look. But he's interviewing the mayor, and there's this weird exchange about the woman apparently who died in Chimney Rock, right, because they had one fatality, and that's what they're talking about. And I can't tell if it's people nervously flushing out a story or maybe the host nervously laughing. It's really weird, and so I want to play that for you. I'm just curious your opinion. I'm not here to I don't even know if I'm mad, because I just I don't understand the range of emotions there, and I don't under but I also understand and I have done this but early in my career, where when you're not cognizant of it, the way you're reacting to something that some people are saying is in and of itself a tacit endorsement, right, And so you got to be careful. It's with the words that you use. You know, if you say something like that's right and it's not right, you're still kind of signing on for it. So you know, normally you give a hm hm hm, and you know, you move the conversation along or whatever they're explaining. But and you got to be very careful. You don't sign you don't sign on for it. And one of the ways that people when they're a little nervous about something that a guest is satan and I've seen this before, they'll laugh nervously. I don't know if that's what's going on here, but the whole thing seems incredibly disrespectful. But again, I'll let you be the judge. So all that and more. Oh, and Trump has no filter, man gets no filter. If you haven't heard, if you if you know, you know, and if you don't you will know soon. But first a break six sixteen. Hang on, I know you got your hands full with the dude who literally came in the day after the Afghan withdraw and was getting ready to do in an election day attack. You guys are busy with that, so let me let me clarify. But several listeners have said, hey, buddy, I know you want to blow something up. Let's shoot some Tannerite stuff. And I appreciate that. Always fun, always a good time, Russ. I think that would be fun. That'd be a fun thing for you to do. Shoot Tanner right. I think you get so much more joy if whatever you were shooting exploded like a car bomb. On the other side, but it's not the same detonating a giant, thousand room casino shooting up your old washing machine two different things.
Speaker 5: Now, do you like push the plunger down and look at it or do you like turn away from it and walk away in slow motion?
Speaker 1: Oh that's behind you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you practice one that you watch. Yeah, and if he doesn't immediately detonate either you push the lever down and you're walking and you've got a distance, so you know, you can feel the heat.
Speaker 5: It's the Joker walking out from the hospital in the dark night.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's one of the most icon There's a whole documentary it's called walking Away. It's not like super super professional, and it was on YouTube. It was well done. So I'm like walking Away and it's just shows in movies like all of the Fame. I like, that's a that's one that's like a big iconic thing in movies. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love those compilation videos. Then you get into the sunglasses too. I watched another one recently because we've gotten really into the watching it home at night, the Mission Impossible series. Oh, you just got into that because I sort of missed the entire thing and I've really been enjoying it. Yeah, okay, good, Yeah, So but I saw one really it gets away by the way, Okay, good.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 5: I saw one though, where it was just a compilation of Tom Cruise running in all his movies because he does a lot of running and he has he has like a specific form to him when he runs, like his arms are bent in a certain way, and it's great. It's like one movie to the next to the next to the next, going like spanning decades.
Speaker 1: Of just him running. I mean, you know it's funny because you say that, and in my mind I could immediately picture how he runs yep, just because you've seen it so many damn times.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, so, how how deep are you?
Speaker 7: What is there?
Speaker 1: Seven of those? I think we finished seven and a half, right, seven and a half?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Eight is coming out because the last one, I guess was a two parter. Yeah, we just finished five I think or was it six? Lost Track? I think it's five. I think Fallout was next, which I believe was six.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got to do a good binge. You know what I haven't done. I'll try to remember the last time I did it a Bond binge. But then you got to make decisions like do you just do Connery Bond? For the older Bonds? Do you do? You do you watch all of them? What do you think of the Pierce Brosnan era? I mean, it's look, the dude who plays Bond now, great, but Pierce Brosnan was a good nineties Bond, right, because yeah, he was sort of like our childhood Bond.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was just I don't know how to describe like it works in the nineties, it doesn't work in the gritty twenty twenties. Piers Prosden couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Plus, I mean thanks that we got Goldennight the video game from him.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, yeah, you know how many hours I spent sitting somewhere sniping my friends. Oh I missed that game, dude. That was the That was the original Battle Riale with your friends games for me. Yeah, And I'm not saying, you know one thing when you're playing a game together, I understand that, But like just we had we had one up at the cabin. We had an old system up at the cabin, even after it was getting dated. And you know, you're up there in wilderness, you're getting ready to go hunt elk the next day, you're excited and we're up till three in the morning proximity mining dudes. It's it was a ride of passage. But no, that's why Piers Prosdon worked then. Although what was he had a movie that came out Is it November?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I like five six years ago. I was pretty good, a little grittier than the Bondy portrayed. But all right, now, now I got a you know, pick some rainy weather and give me a little bomb thing.
Speaker 5: I think November Man was in that genre of older retired assassin, so.
Speaker 1: It to come out it was pure Taken. It was pure Taken copy right because Taken instigated that and we were And it was also the era of the expendables when Taken came out right, so like there was there's the there's just a window for things.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I saw yesterday on Twitter that blew my mind. It was about a two minute compilation obviously a student project, and it's just somebody from the AV class walking around a high school I think in Florida in nineteen ninety seven or eight, so essentially when I graduated, were ross graduated and then just asking them what their favorite move or what their favorite song is, and it's all stuff you've heard of. But just I'm sitting there, I'm like, is that how we looked? Is that what we were wearing to school? Just thinking back, man, it just looks so dated and I felt so old watching that. Have you guys, maybe you watched the Colbert Show. I do not. I don't even know what his show's called. Is he he's the one who took over for Leno. I don't not Leno, but yeah, but that is he The Tonight Show is Colbert The Tonight Show. Okay, I know he's got dancing needles. He's the Late Show, so he's Letterman Show. That's how I remember these. They will forever be those. For some of you, it'll be Carson's show. I get that. It's you know, it's your age, but one's Letterman Show and the other one's uh Letto Show. Sorry, just the way that it is for me, so I can't keep track. But anyway, she's with Colbert, and oddly she's drinking a beer. We're not gonna deep dive of that part of it. She's like drinking a beer because of the way that she's portrayed as an alcoholic to show that she's not. I'm not sure the logic here. I didn't watch the I scanned what was going on and my brain started to hurt. But that's not why we're here. We're here for this. She then did one of her accents right, And I don't mean like she went to the South and she got a twang, or she went to Boston and she put marbles in her mouth. I mean she did an accent, and it's not for any reason that I can understand. And it's just so weird because you know, essentially that's going to be a neutral audience. It's a nationwide show. You don't have to lean into anything. Sound like you. But it's the accent she did. Let me play it before I tell you, because I think you'll pick up them.
Speaker 4: Have you no empathy, man, you know, for the suffering of other people?
Speaker 1: Have you no sense of purpose?
Speaker 2: What? Dude?
Speaker 1: That is so bizarre? Can I say this? If there's one accent you shouldn't lean into, right, If there's if there's one accent out there, right, if you want to do Russian, I mean, it's gonna be weird. But you know you want to uh, I don't know. You want to have a frame, you want to do a fake French, froggy accent whatever. Jamaica is not the thing you need to be leaning into because somebody might because if they google Kamala and Jamaica. You're right, you're talking about like the family history in that area.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, if they google it, they probably won't see that because sure, that's memory hold over on Google. But there's a possibility like, oh, she's doing a Jamaican accent, blah blah blah. Oh my gosh, the largest slave in the in Jamaica, the largest plantation. Yeah so but that with the beer is like a super strange bit too, Like, yeah, I don't I'm gonna approach it was worked out. I just know the way that it looked when I watched about two minutes of it on on Twitter.
Speaker 5: Yes, but it's like a you know, recovering alcoholic. Myself, I could say, like, you know, that's that bit is I'm going to prove to you I'm not an alcoholic by drinking this beer right now?
Speaker 1: That didn't work? Is that not how you change alcoholism? You threatened it with a beer in a good time. Well, I'm gonna show you who's in charge here man, it's me. Oh and then so what's the thing. You have the beer and you don't fight or have eight others? I mean, I don't understand the challenge.
Speaker 5: I guess well she's on the screen. Yeah, but it reminds me of the bit they did with Scott hall Wegg. You know he had he had a horrible alcohol problem and every thing goes Yeah, it does, everything does, And what they did is they were like, you know what we're gonna do, Scott, We're going to turn your alcoholism into a bit and we're gonna have you drunk, and we're gonna have you know, you know, walking around and passing out in the ring. And believe it or not, that wasn't the healthiest thing for them to do. Sort of backfired on them.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Imagine him like chugging the beer in the in the in the ring and then suddenly going into his razor remote accent from w WF.
Speaker 1: You know, I remember, I remember seeing people that were mad over uh, stone Cold, just you know, with the whole beer thing he did, which is iconic right in the from a wrestling perspective. But they're like, it's promoting alcoholism. Well no, well the difference was he wasn't an alcoholic. No, no, no, no, This is my point. Yeah, this is my point, Like if people are up in uh you know, I got their shorts in a bunch over Stone Cold, smashing beers and stuff, and there's not that story out there. The Scott Hall stuff must have just blew their damn minds. The There was an era, absolutely off the rails era within within wrestling, and you know, it's it's how you perceive it. Obviously there's what's going on now man McMahon stepping down and some of the other stuff, but also there was just we've talked about it on the show, like the characters that she would have out there, even you know fifteen years ago, you couldn't have that. What did you say? What was the thing you sent me? It was a tag team? There is? Is that real? I just want to make sure is that real?
Speaker 5: Because I was sending it out to friends yesterday because it came across my ex feet and I forgot I had forgotten.
Speaker 1: About I get a random text from Raw.
Speaker 5: So I say the screen cap of it, like, you know, like the photo of it, and it's just a two girls go into the rings and their their ring name was the Lesbians. Yeah, they were known as the Lesbians during the you know, the Late Attitude era or whatever, and it was it was something that Bischoff came up with to improve ratings. And that's why I sent you the second follow up photo explaining what the screen green shot was, because when you see the screenshot and you're not familiar, right, you think it's a joke, like You're like, there's no way that was your name coming to the Ringley. I mean like Finkle like you. I could still hear in my head, like Finkle going the lesbians?
Speaker 1: Were they lesbians? I don't know if they ever broke kfe, but I don't know who is Asasha Brian and Jenny Lane. Okay, well those are not not known people. They wrestled under other stuff too, right, I recognize, Hey, man, it was a different time. What was there? What was their signature move? I don't I don't recall.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, it was one of those things where I had completely forgotten about it and then I saw it and I was like, oh my god, Yes, I.
Speaker 1: Could speculate, but then we get fired. So that's just the fact that you roll that man. Some people have no Trump's got no filter. Trump's got it. Did you all right? You're probably you're aware of this, right, So you know he does this thing when he's when he's talking, Yeah, because he's a lot of times he's just he's you know, he's just free rolling man, just stream of consciousness. And he'll he'll stop and then he'll be like where my and then insert whoever it is, and it's caused people to get upset. What did he say, where's my black guys? One time? And everyone lost their damn mind? But they were black guys for Trump or whatever the name was, right anyway, So that's going on. So he's I think that's at mar a Lago where he's giving that speech doesn't matter and he stops and he says this. It's hard to hear. He says, where are gays for Trump? And there's uh, I'm assuming it's the black dude that you see at the end. Anyways, black dude, I don't know, just dressed in like, you know, a suit but no tie kind of thing, in a cowboy hat, right, and Trump goes, you don't look gay, and then they all start laughing. I'm just like, holy hell, man. So it's uh, it's it's good to be in radio and need a bunch of audio because folks, uh.
Speaker 4: Empathy, man, I'm sorry, you know, for the suffering of other people.
Speaker 1: All right, you need to have a red stripe, And why wouldn't you drink a red stripe too? I was just thinking of that. I think it was that, you know, it's a standard American logger. They get a red stripe. Really own it and one of those rosta banana hats. I'm sure. I'm sure the internet will have her photoshop by lunch.
Speaker 5: Like the the accent thing, the coding thing is super weird when it comes to her. And somebody had mentioned like, please put her in front of a group of Asian American voters, please just please so we can hear the accent.
Speaker 1: Somebody, isn't it illegal to actually drink out call to no, no, no, no, no no, it's illegal to be drunk and in control of broadcavies. You're going back to like old FCC stuff. So because we you know, we had a lot of a lot of the same stuff in the world of radio, we cut our teeth through. So all right, anyway, six forty four Cacy O Day Radio Program. When we come back, how dire is it down in Florida? If I get and we'll we'll talk to Ray later in the show about this. Hopefully I got it. He's very very busy today, so I have to be judicious with his time. But yeah, this thing hasn't even hit yet, and you got people run around, go well, we need a category six hurricane. And it's interesting because the people who are screaming at the loudest. Are also the people who in every other tweet are like, see this hurricane. Yeah, that's climate change. We're all going to die. And so pardon me if I feel there might be a motivation all of you sending Look, all of you sending me what you think was the tag team wrestling girls signature move. I promise you in the world of I got you beat, but we ain't gonna get into it. Okay, So no, just f I'm not ignoring your emails, but that's that's where we're going to cut that off, all right, six forty five pc O Day radio program. So a couple things, A couple things I saw yesterday surrounding what's going on down in Florida and what should be aiden by all accounts and absolutely devastating hurricane approach overnight tonight. I'm not sure the exact timeline here, but I know it's this evening into overnight. So you see him, Do you see the interview there? Apparently there's a dude with one leg who lives on a little, tiny, busted sailboat. They're in Tampa. I didn't see exactly where it is, but he's on his boat and he's not leaving, and they call him Lieutenant Dan by the way, which is what so they're interviewed. I'm like, why they call him? Then then they show he's missing a leg. I'm like, oh, okay, but the dude's like, I'm in a boat, man. If the water gets high, the boat goes up. And like, I'm sure others have explained that that's not the only consideration. But what was weird as a reporter's interviewing him, and at no point the reporter go, yeah, you know what, if it's one hundred and twenty mile an hour winds, doesn't really matter. So I have this big story about how he's going to ride it out, and nobody can convince him otherwise. So I mean, that's an absolute tragedy if that's the case. So but yeah, the one hundred or the one hundred and sixty mile per hours, which currently is what Milton had, I guess that says of what two hours ago? Yeah, the expected landfall just south of Sarasota, so pretty much where Ray and I were talking about yesterday, kind of by Bradenton down there, if you know the Tampa area, that's where they have that high bridge and that's where the Florida National Guards dug in there at the trop Man because the baseball stadiums all the way down there. So this thing is gonna get nasty. And everyone I know in Tampa that I that I talked to, they're all gone, man, they're absolutely out of there. So we'll get into well, I didn't talk to Randy, So Randy's gonna ride that out at the iHeart Studios or not. iHeart she works, she was iHeart still, she's retired. That's what it was. Where does she live? Do you know in the Tampa area? What I mean? Cause there's clear water right, there's beach side and then there's you know, you get all you go, you're in the swamp pretty quick when you get on oother side of Tampa there. I wouldn't be there. You know who else is sticking is doctor Campbell. I talked to him yesterday. Uh, doctor Kevin Campbell. For those who listened to the show for a while, he decided he went down to Florida. And who decided he was going to doctor down there? Apparently there's a lot of old people. I don't know. The Heart doctor is probably good business. He's he's not in Tampa. But he's basically in the path and he asked if he asked if tomorrow morning he can call in. I'm like, I don't know, can you? I don't know, dude, So we may get a first hand report from him. He's on the other side of the state. I just want to be clear, but still within the path where this thing's moving. What it looks like when it gets to him, I don't know, but I don't know that I'd stick around, all right, So Randy's riding it out in Campbell but not in the Tampa area. Well, look, if you've friends or relatives or anyone down there, man, when the mayor's out there saying if you stay, you die. And don't get me wrong, it's like, because I see people going, oh, you know, it's a chicken little it's the COVID stuff all over again. And yeah, and this is about squandering credibility, which we've talked about on this show a lot. Right, when you have public officials going up there like a game of Thrones, warning and going it will be the winter of your death, right, remember that? How weird that was when you had that level of apps just absolute exaggeration to things as people's experience showed them. It becomes harder for public officials to sit there and say things like that and for people to take you here. As crazy as that sounds, but you shouldn't need a public official to look at the map and the pictures from the ISS and space that you guys happen to see those pictures yesterday to know that you probably shouldn't be there, or at the very least you shouldn't be if you're over on the beach side of Tampa, or really anywhere near the bay for that matter. So anyway, we'll see how that plays out. In fact, hold on, I actually have a where is that? This was the other warning they cave yesterday. Listen to this.
Speaker 8: In Hillsborough County, the evacuation order is mandatory in some places. That means authorities cannot force people from their homes.
Speaker 1: But if you remain there, you could die. My men and women could die trying to rescue you.
Speaker 8: For those in the mandatory evacuation zones who decide to stay put, Florida officials have a dire warning.
Speaker 1: You probably need to write your name and permanent marker on your arm so that people know who you are when they get to you afterwards, or you could write somebody else's to mess with them, but or you could leave. Maybe you should pick the third one. But yeah, they're not you know, and they say stuff like that, and people are going to question it. The news will tell you they're question it because of people like me, right, oh, you know, with sharing any of the stuff from the North Carolina mountains. But you did. Some people are just not gonna listen, right. This is evidenced in every one of these situations. Some people sitting there and they've decided that it's more important to be able to I don't know, try to mitigate damage or stop looters or whatever the logic is, over their own personal safety because they sit there and go, this is all I got and it's a sad situation. But you can't discount the level of increased distrust as it pertains to one weather events or anything climate related. After you've been telling people every moment of my life, literally every moment I've been alive, let's see here, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I got to deal with this first. You said, there's a drunk man on the phone, All right, hold on, hello, Hello, sir.
Speaker 9: Hello, Jamela wants you to know it. Don't be happy if come your.
Speaker 1: Way, don't you No, no, yeah, yeah, for people don't know when I first brought that story up. I'm looking at my email and Boston Paul is offended. She's drinking a beer on Coldbert.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, you think she would have kept.
Speaker 1: It, possibly throw stones in the glassiest of houses, go right ahead, you think.
Speaker 9: She would have kept it, you know, real political and just went with the butt right, you know, but you know they went with a Mella highlights. But anyway, yeah, yeah, see.
Speaker 1: What it was.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: My nephew is Saint Pete and he and his family black bags and they got a airbnb over Boca. I would suggest you get that psychology if you're there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear you watching watch the interviews with a with an amputee in a small boat that looks like it's held together with duct tape. You know what's coming. By the way, quick question, while I have you and you're reasonably sober, explain to me why uh what the hell is wrong with your your team there? Bro, what your Pepper's been doing? What's your yes?
Speaker 9: Listen, listen, it's gonna take if they win five or six games this year.
Speaker 1: I'll be ignoring that part. Huh, you're the bar where Safety was arrested for assault, strangulation, and drug charges.
Speaker 9: Don't running man be happy all right.
Speaker 2: For you?
Speaker 1: Well? All right, I got it. I can't no more. Goodbye. Well, the screener was labeled accurately. I guess I didn't want to talk about the jabrill jabrill pepper although you know, look innocent until proven guilty. And he says one of the Patriots players basically is accused of beating up his girl. But uh he says it was her who threw herself down the stairs or fell down the stairs or something because she was drunk, because he wouldn't do something adult with her. So I don't know, but you know that's that's his side. Since I'm gonna put the story out there, all right, let me uh let me flip over to this to you a little little sidetracked there, all right? So uh well, you know, since we're already in the gutter there, maybe I'll just throw these two stories together.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Is this what we're going to get? This slow drip of these uh diddy stories? Man? Because every time I see one of these, they creep me out more than the previous one. So if you don't know, the newest story on the the Sean Diddy Combs freak Offs still so weird, is that I remember they had like a thousand, a thousand, this is the description from the prosecute, A thousand bottles of lubricant and baby oil. But you went to Costco and you got a little crazy kind of stuff. So apparently, according to the latest allegations, it wasn't just baby oil or lubricant, but rather it was dosed and they would rub and I don't mean use it just in that area. I mean that they would cover them up so they're all shiny, oily and the whole time when they're rubbing them down inside of the of the baby oil. I guess in that case is rhypnal, the date rape drug. That's the allegation you have. What is this? Let's see. Ariel Mitchell Kid is a lawyer for the accuser. She said that, let's see, Yeah, she had been covered in lubricant that was mixed with date rapro hypnol and then visually viciously assaulted by three individuals, including Ditty. His bodyguard and then a third friend is what it says, dude, we got to get names. Can you you know would be the greatest day is if on the very same day the ditty, the Didty List and the Epstein list came out. Can you imagine the reckoning that would be out there if we have appetite for it? Of course, because I've noticed a lot of the me two people are really silent with the absolute treasure trove of Doug Emhoff stuff. Kamala's husband basically, he is exactly it's put Boston Paul in a home man, send me emails. He is exactly the caricature that they you know, that they called up and this took place in la you know, basically rich powerful men and you know, in their positions of power and requiring you know, hot female subordinates to flirt with or perhaps even more and if they didn't it would cost them their job. Right, It's the whole power imbalance, right, We heard that a whole bunch like it's the cookie cutter caricature. And there's a lot there except most of the reportings being done by the Daily Mail. So a British publication is the only one who seems to really care about this. Do you know what the Washington Post was reporting on today? I guess technically yesterday, but I'm telling you about today. Oh oh yeah, no, the Washington Washington Post, they decided that they had to go run a story. So this is not at all a distraction. The Washington Post is saying that Trump, because of course you knew it was gonna be Trump, Trump influenced and controlled the Brett Kavana investigation. Good, yeah, we're going back to that. We're going back to the you know, the magical letter that came out of Diane Feinstein's pocket. Oh, I had this so I didn't want to have to use it before we tumbled into rape conga lines and I can't remember the term for drinking too much beer and throwing up, but like all of these things that just you didn't expect to see in a Supreme Court nomination hearing, and then they got crazier and crazier, and piles of women coming out, and a lawyer, a crooked lawyer who is now in jail for attempting to extort Nike and others, was on CNN like one hundred and thirty times, mostly with Brian Stelter, who was telling him he should be president. The absolute lunacy of the whole era. Would you would think they'd have egg on their face, But no, The Washington Post decided we're going to rehash that, and basically it's the allegation is one that was already out there, Basically that Trump hurried the investigation. Well wasn't just Trump?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Remember they negotiated this literally in the committee because what the Democrats wanted initially, they wanted them to withdraw the nomination, right they and they're just like, we can't believe that these allegations are out here. You didn't immediately withdraw him? Well, no, why would? Why would? Why didn't you bring this up initially too, By the way, only after he thought it was going, well do you do, you bring it up? And then they thought, well, if they did an investigation, that would require them to withdraw because it would take so long. Well, they said, no, we're not going to do that because then you pull this stunt every damn time. So we're gonna do it. We've already done an investigation, but we will wait. Remember they waited a certain number of days went around, and they said, look, most of the stuff we cover there's not there there, But you're not going to hold up an entire process on an allegation, many of which are provably not true. Others are just kind of he said. She said, but also her friend is agreeing with him. She never saw them together, but the whole thing was insane. This is what the Washington Post is running pieces about. Let me grab that. We got some more audio going to get into two and much more to come CaCO Day Radio program. Hang on, do you want to hear ego?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I was going to share this yesterday I did and get around to it. All right, you're ready Juicymolier, Jesse Smolett, But obviously Chappelle's name is far funnier, so we'll go with that. So he you know, he's in OJ mode right now. I don't know. You probably have seen some of this, right, Oh well, we're gonna find who really did this. And uh, there's a report that came out saying that he has essentially spent all of his millions three million just on appealing his conviction. Okay, I look, I understand you don't want the felony on your record all of that, but it's twofold. He is appealing his conviction, but also he is adamant that it is the first step to figuring out what really happened, and it's it's clear you probably weren't gonna work, although you may in the future, but you weren't going to work at Empire anymore. I don't know that show's not even on the air, is it not anymore? I don't think it is, and probably weren't going to see a lot of top tier opportunities come your way, but maybe down the road. You got to sit back there, dude, I know that you got this conviction, but you're not gonna like so for you then to squander your money has to absolutely be about ego, absolutely, because he is he is adamant that it happened, even though he paid for it with a check, because people go, how could you be sure? You don't know? And you're right, I don't know exactly what happened, but I know the thing immediately didn't sound right, And there's pictures of the of the two buying, you know, literally the things used. There's the check. The check thing will blow my mind forever, like who pays for their own assault with a check? But I digress. So as you know, as they're going through through all of this and you see it all that, So in my mind I have a stronger suspicion that he is the one who did it than not. But like that doesn't sit well with this dude. So he's willing to squander what he could have lived the rest of his life on responsibly. He could have lived off the interest. I don't know how much he has exactly, but three million spent there, probably spend a million or more before he had four or five million maybe more to put that in the bank, Go do your thing, live on an island somewhere. But he can't, like his ego won't let him. And you know some of that was the OJ stuff, the OJ stuff, which is crazy. Ooh, I'm gonna all right, I'm gonna write a book called If I Did It and explain how I would do it, like the audacity of that back in the day. But this dude's poor. In every penny he had, he's going to be broke and still a felon over read because remember what they believe the motivation was with Smolette was he didn't feel that he was he was being taken. He thought he was being taken advantage of by the producer's vampire with what they paid him, and he wanted more money. And I guess he concocted in his mind if he became the symbol of this hate crime, it would raise his profile and that would eventually lead to more money. Well, you bet wrong, man, it did raise your profile. You got that part right. It's like it's like you made a genie wish and didn't word it correctly, and now you're gonna throw all your money away. Just was trying to go at it. I've seen this. I've seen this in the entertainment industry before. I know a radio I have a friend of mine as a radio host who sued another radio host and they sued each other, and they spent seven figures seven figures suing each other back and forth. It's just it's it's wild. If you probably know who it is, I'm not going to get into it here, but and I'm like, why are you why why are you doing this? Why why spend all of this? But in what happened, nothing nothing, just lawsuit city, nothing, there's money down the drain man, And I you know, good on the lawyers for figuring out I guess we're they're good in this case that Juicy Smoley Hash has a bank roll man basically putting together some sort of package, obviously to try to mitigate and help the folks who were damaged out there in western North Carolina. Sorry, I just I had reload this story because I'm dumb and I want to make sure I had the correct updated one. Okay, So yeah, lawmakers say they're ready to okay a package. It'll be two hundred seventy three million in disaster relief. I don't think that'll be all of it, obviously, and then you have the federal portion, and that's kind of in line with what we've seen with other hurricanes, if maybe a little lower on the state side. But again, I don't know that it's the totality of it. Going back like Matthew. With Matthew, I think the state spent slightly more, and I wonder if the damages from Matthew are like I feel like this has to be worse, right, But I don't know. I'm speculating here. I don't know, and you know it'll take a long time, but let's see here, Senator Kevin Corbin. Of course, Aril's got that dude, because he was out scolding people for sharing videos, has seen the devastation all too close. He represents the eight westernmost counties in the state. Four have extensive and widespread damage. Hey would and others. I know you know that. But he said that even though the outpoint of help and donations from across the state has been overwhelming and helpful, it was time that the General Assembly did something. House Speaker More said, the disasters pale in comparison to what happened in western North Caroline. Okay, so good. That's that's what I needed to hear. I want to hear one of these lawmakers realizing that the Saint Matthew. I don't get me wrong, some of you listening, we're absolutely devastated by Matthew. It was in said to drive a forty like you're going down to Wilmington, and then about what Wallace, there's a lake, there's remember all the dead fish on the road. Newburn? It was Have you been to Newburn since Matthew? You haven't, and you've been before. You should looks a little different, but just the sheer size of this storm. So I expect this will be an opening volley. My question please, this is all I ask. Do not stuff any moon back stuff into this. Do not stuff anything in here that doesn't have to do with this. And I haven't seen any indication that they are, but I'm telling you it's why it's among one of the slimiest things that we see out there. If you guys try to turn this into it. This isn't just me yelling at the Republicans in charge, and I understand they have veto proof majority, and also it's going to be hard for Cooper to veto stuff that's storm made. That being said, don't try to muck this up any of you on any side to do what you gotta do. You can fight about the other stuff later. Okay, here's this is why I wanted this other story, all right, So more estimates the total damage could be over ten billion dollars, which would absolutely eclipse any any natural disaster that North Carolina has faced and had to recover financially from, even when in weighted dollars. Makers are expected to let's see October twenty fourth. No, now that's their other one that's scheduled out. When are they gonna when are they actually gonna vote on this? Pretty quick? I guess all right, So that and then they have a special one day session that they had already structured for the twenty fourth of October. So if they need to take up any other issues disaster response, additional funding needed, they'll do another bite at the apple. Okay, So they'll do this one pretty quick, probably this week, and then on the twenty fourth if they need to do more, and by then we should start to have some semblance of an idea of what actual costs are in many of these communities. The state also, and this is a good thing, even though I'm told it's not, the state has significant reserves North Carolina, which I remember when I moved here thirteen years ago. Whatever Bev Purdue was taking teacher pay raises away and furloughing employees. We were we were in a bad place. But now the state of North Carolina, if you include all the reserve funds, is sitting on roughly three billion dollars, which is a low tax is gone. I don't know that I always like, but here you go, this is this is, this is what this is for. Let's see. They also have seven hundred and thirty three million in an emergency response and disaster reserve account the state's rainy Day Fund four point seven five billions. So that's not moneies that are allocated for flexible things necessarily, but moneies they're sitting on. So yeah, you guys, you guys have a you got a bunch of our money.
Speaker 2: So this.
Speaker 1: I just speak for me. Go ahead and use it. So yeah, go ahead and use it. So we'll report on that obviously as as an unfold. All right, So I played some audio and if you're just joining us, I'm gonna play it again because I want to make I said something that was inaccurate and I want to make sure that I say it accurately. I was sharing with you this little snippet of a radio interview that was done by the Chimney Rock Mayor pro tem. I said mayor. It's mayor pro tem, but you know, local government official, elected official in Chimney Rock doing an interview and there's this a really weird exchange that happens, and it's hard. It's hard for me to judge because on this show we joke about a lot of stuff, and so it's pretty serious stuff. And it absolutely is a way to we use humor. One is a way to deal with some of this stuff. But two, I think people when they're approaching, especially information within a tragedy, that is how a lot of people deal with it. So they may gravitate towards that. But also, if people listen, I've had this conversation a thousand times. People go, all right, you should just talk about politics. Well, no, we are. We have a much broader audience than other, you know, typical talk radio, right wing talk radio shows. So if people are listening and they are having fun with us, well we have to talk about more serious stuff, maybe they're there to listen to it. I think that that's an advantage this though, this just kind of it. It's just a creepy thing to make a joke about, and I'm gonna play it for you, but maybe I'm maybe I'm the one overreacting. You can go ahead and let me know. So here is the Mayor pro tem of Chimney Rock chatting with a talk host down in South Carolina. I mean, the other thing was that you guys have bodies all over the place.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, there's one laying right by me right No.
Speaker 1: Now, now she it's now. When he asked that question, he's asking it in an in an illustrioive way. Right, there's it's not sar Kata know how to describe it, like he's asking that question. He doesn't necessarily mean that, but he's he's speaking to the urgency of what's going on there. I don't know that i'd have worded it like that, but who knows, maybe I would so, But she's the one who then cracks the joke. But then he laughs. I'm just saying, ugh, But I don't know if that was a nervous laugh on his end, going oh my god, did you just say that. I mean the other thing was that you guys have bodies all over the place.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, there's one laying right by me, right. No, we had one fatality in this area, right, and it was something that someone chose to stay in her home. She was an elderly, invalid woman that was not She did not want to leave. The firefighters offered to carry her out, neighbors tried to get her out, and she said absolutely not. And her house was taken away by the flood with her in it. So that was our one and only fatality, that's it. Yeah, and it was of her choice. So there are other fatalities in North Carolina, but not here.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and and then there's a little more to do here.
Speaker 5: That's so, that's so inappropriate for a government official to even be making that joke. If we were going to make that joke in the show, we'd be fired. Well, that's such an inappropriate joke to be in that position.
Speaker 1: What's what's crazy to me is she had this information, like I didn't know the narrative of the person who died in Chimney Rock, right, I just saw. I just got a list. Here's all the plate, here's all the counties where the deaths where, Here's how many that we know of. But she knows this sad story. What a sad story, this elderly woman. It doesn't sound like she's got family people around her, even though you know, yeah, the firefighters came out. There was only so much you can do. And she's it's like, this elderly, lonely woman just said, no, I'm gonna I died alone. That's that's an incredibly sad story. So when you know that, when you know that and you're going to be delivering it to this dude, don't open with a joke, even if he gives you an opening.
Speaker 5: Even the opening he gave her, though, I mean, it's an honest question because you're hearing these stories come out of there, right. We know we know for like, Marky knows somebody firsthand who had over in western North Carolina. I can't remember that where specifically it was, but she was telling me yesterday that she had bodies in her backyard. Yeah, and like, and they're finding them in trees and the like, you know, and creeks and stuff, and it's just like, this is something that's really happening there for you to be a government like an elected government official representing the people and making a joke about it. I mean, like you say, we make a lot of jokes on the show. Do you have any jokes on this topic we've made, like on the topic of western North Carolina.
Speaker 1: I dude, let me go to the let me go to the tally board.
Speaker 5: Oh, it looks like none, right, because it's inappropriate, and we know we would get not only but I wouldn't make them.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: I had people during when this was happening, right when we were off last week, sending me a boone big beer memes. Right, I didn't think they were funny. I'm not posting them. I had people. I didn't mention it, you know, because it's inappropriate. It's not you you can say it's because we've been in this had this job in this industry for a while. It has nothing to do with this job. It has to be with being a person who grows up, who is a human being, who, once you're a human being, you understand that that there's a certain there's a time and a place for things, and that is inappropriate. That person cannot And I guess what I'm reading about this mayor pro tem is she's a she's a transplant, right, she's not from the area.
Speaker 1: No, that didn't Yeah, I guess she came out hearing.
Speaker 5: I just that is crazy to me. And when it comes to the host laughing, that could be nervous laughter. I don't know, Yeah, because I was born on this yea, if I want to attack some guy, uh, if that's how he deals with it.
Speaker 1: But he sounds like a very competent host his deliveries, you know what I'm saying, Like he sounds he sounds like a guy who hosts a talk show and that has probably done it for a while. So I don't know but he didn't make the joke. He just it's the way he responded to it's it's the story is about her, and it is baffling to me that that's the direction that you chose to go. But also that's why I throughout the conversation. Maybe it's the gallowed humor thing. It's how some people deal with it. I mean, knowing having knowledge of that story, what happened to this woman, this poor woman, Like that's a that's a heavy thing to carry around, especially if you're an elected official there, especially if you know for a fact the fire went over and negotiated with her and try to get her out of there. And where's the family in this? Does she have family? Maybe she doesn't have family.
Speaker 5: There's a reason people say too soon, right, and this is the reason, like too soon for that joke.
Speaker 1: Sorry? Yeah, And you know every other day of the year you want to call and do the boom big beer joke and make my life miserable. Fine, but you know right now, pause, and those are the decisions you have to make. I can't tell you the amount of times I am mid sentenced and in my mind, I'm like, you know what, maybe I'm not going to go there, and it's not even necessarily like earlier when we were joking, when we were talking about WWE and stuff, and we were pointing out some of the nineties two thousands era stuff that just wouldn't fly today, Like you got to know when to say when look at that bringing a beer beer slogan there, All right, seven forty eight, let's not keep ray waiting. It's a busy weather day, Ray, what's going on?
Speaker 2: My man?
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, Casey. Our weather really doesn't change much. We've been saying it for the last that seems like week worse more that we've really got nothing. There might be a little patchy fog this morning, otherwise, sunshine, a little bit of a down to the warm up. Low to mid seventies today, maybe closer to the upper sixties to low seventies tomorrow. A little bit breezy too tomorrow with that cooler air coming in. And then Friday, another seventy degree day before we get near eighty in some spots, especially the Triangle by the end of the weekend. The weekend is going to beautiful. We may have some lows late week in the mid number forties, and then even next week more dry weather expected late week, we may start seeing some moisture. Try to get back in here. Add for Milton, speaking of powerful category five storm right now one hundred and sixty mile per hour maximum sustained winds and some advisories up for the coast the southeast coast of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia for maybe some water rise or some limited surge and some coastal beach erosion. And so most of the issues at least for the Carolinas and southeast Georgia are likely going to be out near the Atlantic. Here inland, none of the impact is getting this far inland. So powerful storm forecasts to make landfall sometime around midnight or just thereafter now near Sarah So did the center anyway has a category for one hundred and thirty mile p hour storm at least that's the latest from the Hurricane Center.
Speaker 1: Casey, all right, all right, there you go, raised agic from the Weather Channel. We got to hit a break. We'll be right back. And these are good theories. And this is why I'm bringing it to you that maybe the maybe she was annoyed at the question she was getting from the host. Was he asking about conspiratorial stuff. I will tell you this because we didn't we didn't load the whole interview. Obviously, what would The other questions did involve some some things that have been floating around that were unverified, and obviously she was asked about it. I don't know if they were big conspiracy stuff. Was what was the one immediately before? I'm sorry, I have a little transcript thing here, all right, So anyway, so this is money. Monday afternoon is when the interview happened. Just for context there and one of the questions surrounded a viral video that was circulating claiming that there was a meeting between local, state, and federal officials where decisions are being made. I don't think this is the raise the town, nobody lives her anymore video. I think it's a different one. So yeah, look, that's why this is the process though. Okay, this is what I've been wishing the media would do. Right, don't just sit there and say, oh, well, Roy Cooper said all this stuff is malarkey, Well go investigate it. Some of it probably is. That's what people do during these Most of them are easy to spot. Be quite honest with you, if you've done this for more than five minutes, but there's some out there that deserve Look the rotor wash video, right, that's not a conspiracy anymore. The North Carolina National Guard has said that that was theirs and that the crew is grounded right now, which I hate to see if we got if we have trained soldiers that are at you know, have the ability to fly helos, which is something we kind of need right now. I hate that this is the thing, but also that's a huge problem. Would happen good rock and roll? Here is the Lieutenant Governor Mark Robinson, or, as the media has described him, the man missing in action because he didn't show up for a vote or something. Where have you been hiding, sir?
Speaker 2: We're hey, hey, Katie, how you doing. I've been up and spending most of my time up in west of North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, because I made a show like you just you just disappeared, And I'm like, I don't know. I saw a video of Mark here and he was moving some stuff there and talking to some folks there, and so, uh off, I want to get into your experience, but I want to ask you a question just because I want to put this to rest, because you know, people are like, well, Mark didn't vote on this stuff. If Mark doesn't vote as part of your your obligate, your Council of State obligations, one, that's not unusual. In two, that just confirms passage. If for the other people voting, right, this is a thing that happens all the time. Because they're trying to use that to say you don't care while you're simultaneously.
Speaker 2: Up in the mountains man, right, yeah, you know, essentially a no vote was a yes vote. I mean, if the vote passed, they didn't need me. I mean, this is this is ridiculous media narrative, is what this is. These folks are out of their minds. They have highlighted the fact that I missed this vote that didn't count. But they when I was up in western North Carolina Saturday evening, Sunday, Sunday, all day long, traveling the places that have just been destroyed. When I was flying goods in on Monday with civilian volunteers. When we were up there on Tuesday, I did not see one single solitary news camera following me. Isn't that bazaar? Not one single military reporter, nobody knocked on my door and asked me, hey, how was your trip up the west of North Carolina? What was going on? They were knocking all my door out to the lines and trash from CNN, and they were asking me questions about an inconsequential vote, a vote that didn't matter, that was essentially a yes vote that still passed. But they did not ask me about the things that I've seen in the West of North Carolina. Our current news leada right now, the legacy media, it's discussing the things that they do they except with sitting their newsrooms and try to figure out ways to destroy people that they don't like instead of actually delivering the news of people. And we got to change that base. And I think the way we do is by turning to television off well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but never the radio, just to be clear. So with that in mind, you are venting one of my frustrations. And I want to turn this over to what you've seen here in a moment. But one of the biggest frustrations that I and a lot of other people have is we're seen. You know, it's a fire hose, you just of information and video and people saying this is my experience. You know, I tried to get help and it didn't work, or I did get help and look who helped me with a mule string? Right, it's it's the good, the bad, and everything in between. And there is this drum beat from a lot of politicians and the news media even saying, you know everything, unless it comes straight from us, don't you believe it? And to your point, how the hell are they supposed to know if this stuff is true? If they're not up there investigating the claims that people are making about inefficiencies or ways to do better, or really any of it. Because I haven't seen them on spot reporting that the national networks up there.
Speaker 2: I have not either. I've seen them follow around Velvet and Cooper every chance they get. I've seen them do the things they want to do. The news media does what it wants to do, they don't actually do reporting. Again, if this is a case of being fair and ballot, this is a case of wanting to tell the truth, a news crew would have all us up there. They will say, hey, he's taking up supplies, he's going up there, Let's go see what he's going actually going to go do. Let's go investigate to see if he actually is delivering supplies and visiting these places, it didn't happen. It's all over Twitter. It's all over Twitter comments that I made on Facebook fifteen years ago. They're glad to put that out and talk about that. But what we did last week, they don't want to talk about it, which highlights the fact they don't want to talk about the real issues in this race. Casey, I've been telling everybody everybody that can everywhere, this race here this year really buols down to the same thing that all races should boil down to. And it's one single solitary word. It's not politics, it's not personalities. It's politics, or it's a policy. Policy is what matters. Who's going to pass the policies is going to help our state and our nation to be better. That's what folks need to think about when they go to the voting polls, not these silly commercials, not the news media. They need to look at the facts of how our whether or not our government is a fish, and if it is, who got it there and who passed the policies to make that happen, And if it's not, who could path the policies to get it to that place. So I've been telling everybody that because the news media and the Democrats certainly don't want to talk about that issue.
Speaker 1: Let me let's let's let's talk about the folks out in the mountains. And just to be clear, because I can already see this coming, this is Mark's regularly scheduled interview, right, So he didn't come on and go, hey, can I come over and talk about because I was up there and he didn't even know. I didn't tell him I was going to askhim or anything, because I can already sniff this out. But here's the question. I do want to ask you, what, in your time up there talking to folks help and you've been all over what is the most horrific thing that you've seen that people need to know so that they can prepare themselves for some of these stories we still don't know about yet. And what is the most hopeful thing that you've seen in this last.
Speaker 2: Week's market, The most distressing thing, the most heartbreaking thing, the most worrisome thing. Right now, it's the amount of people who are missing. We've met people who have family members who are missing. That one gentleman in particular, I met his family is I think his brother and sister in law were in a trailer in a campground. They were washed away. They found the trailer, but they have not found them. And that's the story that we heard repeated over and over again of the missing. And we are praying vehemently that these people are found and that the death toll won't be as devastating as some think it may be. But the loss of life, certainly, certainly is the most distressing thing that we heard. The loss of property. I mean, my goodness, some of those landscapes up there, they're unrecognizable, places like Swannanoah and the old Fort U and other places on up higher in the higher country. I mean these places there, they're unrecognizable. I forty where it washed away. I mean, the incredible power that water to wash that highway way the way it did. That's going to be a while before it's fixed. But I can tell what the hand down is. The best thing that we saw. The best thing that we saw was the Appalachian spirit up there, that volunteer spirit, those folks, neighbors coming together to help neighbors. Is a lot of folks up there that would not be making it through this right now if it was not for the volunteers and not just the volunteers that live up there, but also volunteers that have come from every state of communities all around this state. Things have been donated case everything from helicopter helicopters and few to shoes and socks. Folks are are given. They're giving up their time, they're giving them their money, they're giving them their resources, and they're making things happen up there for their neighbors. And that's the best thing that I think that I saw the entire time that I was up there.
Speaker 1: I got about a minute. Looks like they're going to put a package out. It's not being billed as the end all be all. There may be more. It's gonna be about what two hundred and seventy dollars. Luckily, the state of North Carolina is sitting pretty flow us on some of the reserve accounts in your that's not going to be enough, right from what you've seen, I'm assuming, well, I've.
Speaker 2: Already had that conversation with some leadership, and of course you know, this is just a preliminary amount of money. The longer term fix is going to require longer, longer term strategy for spending. So we have to sit down and look at what the longer term needs are and target the places and prioritize and all those good things. And so there will be more coming. But this is just a preliminary amount that's coming out for some immediate fixes that we need right at this moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, and obviously there's gonna be the revenue laws from fall leaf season Tourism's it'll be a long time before we know. Mark. I'll let you get to it. I know you got to form your head of two, but I appreciate you a few minutes this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, We appreciate that. Thank you. Trason, good talk to you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So look at that. We were able to locate the Lieutenant governor, apparently the only folks in the media who could. So we're good Ross found him. He's like a Carmen San Diego enthusiast. Anyway, eight twenty three, we'll take a break, be right back. Some of these stories we're going to talk about. First this Maryland State Police have agreed to a three million dollar payout to black female applicants who failed the basic tests. So you know they got a basic test. You want to apply to the state police. Here's how you do it take this test, and you got to meet this number. And you know it's all disclosed everything. They were told there is a test. They were told in detail what would be on the test, and they decided, Well, the reason I failed, obviously is racism and sexism. And I can't disagree with them because state officials just agreed by paying them for this insanity. By the way, you think you could pass the test? Ross, You think you could pass the Maryland State Police test enough so you could become a Maryland State Police officer. I'm not so sure. And let me do that. I'll give it. I'll give it a shot, all right. I got a handful of questions here. Let's go ahead and dive into this. All right, spell the word knives, O k N I vees knives. Look at that. You're you're on your way? Oh really? I thought it? Okay? All right, hold on, all right, So, in preparing to report on a home burglary, an officer list four items stolen. These are their values. What is the total value? You ready? Fifteen dollars for stereo, four hundred dollars for TV, one hundred dollars for a gold chain, and forty dollars for radio fifteen hundred, four hundred, one hundred and then forty loan dollars two thousanty bucks. Oh wow, you are so fast. Yeah, that is the correct answer. Look at that. You're almost a police office, policed office.
Speaker 5: I've got what it takes the next answer. No matter what the question, my answer is going to be tas them.
Speaker 1: That's he's not a question, that's not the But that's not one of the questions here. Oh it's you know, so much of this is spelling. Some of us just you gotta visually see it. But if you see it, you realize how simple all of them, all of this is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, one more and if you pass this, you're chief of Maryland State Police. Are you ready? Officer Jones? Tase him? What I haven't even told you what Officer Jones is doing? Trust he's out untrusted? Okay, well Jones. Officer Jones sounds like a good guy. Here's why. Officer Jones normally works from three to eleven PM. However, at ten fifty six or ten to fifty five PM, he got on a scene of an accident and had to remain there till one thirty, So he normally gets off at eleven, he had to remain till one thirty. How long passed his regular shift? Did Jones work two and a half hours and five you gott add the five minutes in five minutes? No tas Wait, there's no tasing in this. It's an accident, man, You're not your tasing accident victims. Now do you hear how that makes you sound? You show up on this, you show up in your squad car on the scene, You're like, oh my gosh, there's been a rollover, right, this woman strapped in the car. It's amazing. We should get the jaws of life.
Speaker 5: It's amazing how often we watch on Patrol Live. Yeah, might answer to any situation there in his taser.
Speaker 1: You know what. A lot of times it's the way you should get. It works out a lot of times. I'm like, look, he ran, won have been held a run if you tasted him. Yeah, that's true. Oh yeah, there's videos of people that are in a dead run getting taste and then just pancatune.
Speaker 5: You can We've watched it so much now you can tell when people are gonna run. You can just tell. Like a lot of times, like so they like pull them out of the car for like a traffic thing or whatever, like, well, let's search your car.
Speaker 1: You're a little suspicious.
Speaker 5: They take them out, and like if they if they get out and they start if they bring out their phone and they're just talking on their phone the entire time and ignoring the police officer and just sort of like looking around and like.
Speaker 1: They're just gonna forget the right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like every time they break out their phone and they do the entire I'm gonna ignore you thing, they end up taking off tase them.
Speaker 1: These are accident victims. I understand what you're saying. That's at least somebody has suspected of something. This is an accident victim who needs who needs the jaws of life, who needs extracted from a vehicle. You're gonna hit that poor woman with a taser, well, arguably she probably could have drove better. Those questions are pretty ridiculous, though, dude. And there's a bunch more. They're just really hard to do verbally, but it is. It's basically like the scene in Idiocracy where you're sticking blocks through the holes and then the dude's like covering up his blocks, like I'm sorry if you're not passing that test and you're still mad to the point where you get lawyers to go out and shake down. Look, they just settled because politics. Let's face it, you can't you can't convince me. You can't convince me that that's racist or sexist or any of that garbage. In fact, the test in and of itself had been altered, removing a good portion of the grammar section. Which that's a bad idea, right there. Man. You know, you're a police officer. You need to be able to clearly communicate with people. You need to be able to note things accurately in reports. But yeah, they so they dumbed this thing down. Anyway. According to the lawsuit, applicants were allowed to take the test four times per year and had to get a seventy percent. But if they if they fail four times straight, they have to wait a year before they take it again. And for somehow that's super racist and sexist. Oh yeah, they got three million dollars out of it, So there you go. Also, this, I said, it's a half hour of just insanity. I don't I'm trying to. I don't understand why sixty minutes does this. It's only going to cause controversy. I understand you can't run if you're doing an edited interview. Arguably you shouldn't. You should be doing a live interview with the president, you know, with somebody's running for president. So we don't wonder what was out there. We saw Trump get into it with sixty minutes. He released the whole thing. It changed the narrative that they were saying, kam la haarah, same deal, same deal. Obviously that didn't look like it went well for we played you the audio yesterday. So what do they do as part of the They then edit what they did show, so they only showed what was edited already, and they left stuff out in fact on the on their sixty minutes page, I have a section where it's the outtakes there, not outakes, but stuff that didn't make it in there. And that's selective, by the way, it's not all of it. And what was crazy is they There's a couple questions where they asked comed like who is our nemesis? Right which country? And she said I ran And she gave a seemingly coherent answer that probably aligns with Trump's opinion of Iran, although he's probably got personal beef perhaps so like like, why would you leave that out of what you aired if you weren't trying to decap this one. That's so that's its own conspiracy theory. But what I don't understand is they then altered and edited stuff they aired on TV. So you've already aired it, why would you alter it? And I'll give you an example. We played this yesterday for you. Okay, this was Kamala the net Yahoo question. All right, check this out.
Speaker 8: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening.
Speaker 4: Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen.
Speaker 1: In the region. What it's it's a word salad, it's it's not coherent, and she looks nervous delivering it. But that's that's history. That's the reality. So when you're putting this stuff, you know, archived online so that people can access it, and then you change it, what am I supposed to think here, by the way, is the new edit? This is now? If you go to sixty minutes, you will see he is the version that is there available for people wanting to review it without having to dig into stuff. But on their website, this is what this is what that question now sounds like.
Speaker 8: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah, who is not listening, we.
Speaker 4: Are not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 1: What even is that? I mean, those are not remotely the same answers, I understand. You know, with Barack Obama. When Barack Obama came into office, we had to make a decision, and I remember having this conversation. Barack Obama paused a lot a lot. Roy Cooper does it a little bit, especially when he's doing his folksy thing, but like Barack Obama would pause a lot. And so the discussion we had to have. Because I'm the one editing the audio at that point, I'm like, do I remove these just yeah.
Speaker 5: So I started here in twenty eleven, right, So Barack Obama was in office, and I remember, and this is we didn't you and I did not have a conversation about this. I remember being here before everybody else and loading Barack Obama audio and consciously having to make the decision do I cut these pauses out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because he would pause so much he was Glenn Beck. Glenn Beck does that too. That's a whole that's a whole industry joke. But yeah, And because pauses, even though they're not sound, are context. And you hear the pause in Kamala's voice with the original clearly what people would gather seeing the look on her face, but also hearing that pause is that she's struggling for words. She's struggling for a coherent answer to a question she should have anticipated. So yeah, I mean, these are these are things that we decide all the time. But the biggest thing is you got to ask yourself, I take this out, does it change the context? And if it changes the context, you don't clip it. You don't change it, not if you want to be intellectually honest about things. All right, O Day radio program were going to Ray Roll. Oh man, you guys are having and I hear you have a tech stuff. I just had some tech thing.
Speaker 2: Did you.
Speaker 7: I'm it seems like a couple of spots I've had tech issues. Ours was intern at home and then FTP were.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, FTP stuff. I wonder if there's some bigger issue going on.
Speaker 7: So you had that too on your end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, our call screener is it's a you know, a lot of this stuff is virtual networks. So like the call screener, like INSS Ross's studios, in my studio, the call screeners are on a virtual network. It's not just came right, and so when that happens, it happened. Interesting anyway. All right, man, let's let's get to the the nitty gritty here. Still awful, right, yeah, still offul And now people are like, we need a cat six. I don't want to get into that, but no, what can people expect?
Speaker 7: Well here, obviously we're gonna go with the same message. It's gonna be beautiful. Temperatures of go up and down countee eighty degrees returned by the weekend, staying dry out near the coast. Actually, we do have some watches tropical storm watches for the coastal waters of some beach erosion and water rise. Looks like they start from about Wilmington give or Takedown through the South Carolina beaches where we even have a tropical storm warning. So that's about as close as any of the impacts as we go through tomorrow come from Milton, but it's gonna be rough out there in the water. Some small craft advisories also, but dry for everybody else. Milton was taken down to a CAT four with the eight o'clock update, but still one fifty five forecast to come in near Sarasota now at one thirty, so minimal low end CAT four, but it doesn't really matter. Three Cap four not gonna make much of a difference historic water rise forecast. If some of these are realized, some of these water rises ten fifteen feet in the highest peak of the storms are getting controlled by the way. Yeah, there's there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Like I saw one of the weather the women weather reporters. She's got like the raging waters behind her. It's a whole green screen thing. It was amazing.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's it's pretty incredible with that and IMR stuff is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, water.
Speaker 7: Rise, if the track changes, it's it's I don't think it's going to be by much. But you know, now we're talking about places like a Fort Myers that was devastated by Ian and those areas, and you know, Sarasota could be the Bulls Eye right now around midnight, you're just thereafter for landfall, but already seeing some of the rain. It's kind of detached from the main circulation, but there's already been heavy rain and severe weather in parts of central and South Florida.
Speaker 1: So well, it's begun. Well, you got a long day ahead. I don't know if we'll even be talking to you tomorrow or maybe somebody, but we'll get through it, and I appreciate it, Okay,