Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another episode of five Up. I hope we're all fired up tonight.
Speaker 2: I am, I am, I am all right, and I'll say this, bang bang, Southern Fried gang, let's do this thing.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, Well, we titled tonight's episode the NFL Schedule Special. We all know it came out yesterday. So comments thoughts about your team, how the schedule is, how it looks for your team. Do you think it's fair. Do you think it's not fair? Do you have too many prime time not enough prime time? Let's go around the horn and tell me your thoughts. What stands out about your team's schedule. Let's start Pensman, let's start with you.
Speaker 3: Well, I just as Southern Fried knows down there, I just did a short video of this and I just fried dan Orsky and he said that the Steelers are oh and six going oh and six at the start of the season. But I say, no, he is completely wrong, because I think our schedule's fair with who we're facing. We have the Jets week one, Week two, we have the Seahawks. Week three, we got the Patriots. Week four, we got the Minnesota Vikings Week five. Is is a bye in week six and seven is against the Browns and the Bengals. So we are not, dan Orsky, if you're still listening, we are not going to oh and six. So I think our schedule's fair. It's gonna be another ten and seven record in the first round, the first round exit. That's why I think the Steelers is gonna.
Speaker 2: Do Kah, Ralph can I.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, go ahead, I hear you.
Speaker 2: Now, No, no, no, Ralph, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Bud oh go ahead, Jadure.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, yeah, I was just going to respond to what Pensman said there and something I actually asked him earlier. My friend Pensman, how many games can that team actually win without a quarterback? Dan Orlowsky might have been onto something here, bro Me.
Speaker 5: I mean I said it last week. I mean we have a quarterback right here on the bench if you need one through for five hundred yards in the game.
Speaker 2: Some mirror work in the trades. Now he's become pretty.
Speaker 5: Good swack surf. I mean, we have one.
Speaker 2: What would you unload him for, Samir?
Speaker 5: Anything? Like?
Speaker 3: Even if it's like.
Speaker 2: A cool could I interest you in some Southern fried chicken tenders and French fries in a trade for Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 4: Oh my.
Speaker 3: Anything I wish Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Would you know, I would make up his mind.
Speaker 5: Bro, you're going.
Speaker 3: Fourteen to four because you have the easiest schedule. Bro, That's why you're fourteen and four, because you have you're not playing anybody, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Get listen, no chance, forty no forty nine ers, all right, and so hold on, let me tie this together and we have rout and well I was I'm going to tie this up in a knot and a k not real quick for us between Pensman and his Pittsburgh Steelers, and then we'll go to what you want to say. So I asked him how many games he might could win without a quarterback. I'll say the Steelers end up at like seven and ten, eight and nine. I think this will be the year that Mike Tomlin streak is possibly broken. Justin Field's going to them week one. He's mad that they benched him after going four and two. So these teams will be very interesting. But then, of course, I mean, they still they still got to figure out the quarterback situation. At the end of the day. They they don't have I mean, Ma Rudolph Pensman. You can't honestly tell me, Ralph, you can't honestly tell me you think you're gonna win ten games with Mason Rudolph as your starting quarterback in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: Well, I will say this though, Mason Rudolph and you're right about that. In twenty nineteen lost out his job to a guy named Duck Hodges Devlin Duck Hodges, Okay, who came on as an undrafted free agent. Okay, So just to let everyone know about Mason Rudolph. And he failed in Tennessee last year a couple different times, maybe more than once. All Right, if you talk to Robert Butler, all right, he'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is is I believe that they could win. They could go nine and eight or eight to nine or whatever, like you said with Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 4: All Right.
Speaker 6: Mike Tomlin, unlike Mike Sullivan, of course, will not get fired. Mike Tomlin's gonna ride out his contract. He has two more years left, he'll have his years in and I think he's gonna walk away. I think it's his time, it's time for him to go. I think the Steelers are gonna say, you know what, it's time for you to go.
Speaker 4: Your spoo is too much.
Speaker 6: And you know, maybe he might go to another team and do better, you know, like myself, Mike Tomlin might need a change of pace. You see what I'm getting at?
Speaker 4: And uh, I believe that.
Speaker 6: You know this, This could be a bad year for Mike Tomlin if he doesn't get a quarterback. They got to get somebody in here. Ice and Rudolph's a good backup, quality backup, don't get me wrong, but he can't win ten games.
Speaker 4: I don't see him doing it. So you know, but he won.
Speaker 6: He was three and one last year or two years ago. I'm sorry, two years ago. It was three and one, So I'll give him that.
Speaker 4: That's it for me.
Speaker 2: Gee, do you want to talk to me or do you really think that Mason Rudolph? Yeah, I'll I'll dive into it. I want to hear Samir real quick, let me ask him question. Yeah, no, nobody, honestly, nobody wants to talk about the Panthers, not assault.
Speaker 4: In a bad place. I think, Dave.
Speaker 5: Think what.
Speaker 2: I'll address that? So, yeah, Samir, do you think that Mason Rudolph could win ten games? In Pittsburgh. I mean, do you see them you think the trade will happened between and.
Speaker 5: Then well, I think it makes sense for both sides if they don't sign Rogers, because if in the case of Pittsburgh, you won't have a quarterback like your quarterback room right now is Mason Rudolph Will Howard and.
Speaker 3: Scull Thompson and Scott thoms Thompson.
Speaker 5: So how are you going to compete, especially in the AFC North with that QB room? I mean, like realistically, And if you're Atlanta.
Speaker 3: We're gonna split the series. That's how we wanna do.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And if you're Atlanta, you don't need your young quarterback looking over his shoulder every time he makes a mistake when you have a forty million dollar backup on the bench. And and I and secondly, I just don't want him. After the way last season ended, the way he wasn't really all that transparent about his health, I don't want him. I just don't want him back. In an overwhelming majority of the media here in the Falcons fan base feels the same way, Like you cannot go into let's say, training camp with fans there and all this excitement about Michael Pennix, and you have that distraction there, you know what I mean, You can't have that, especially in the locker room. I just feel like you'd be a distraction, right.
Speaker 2: I can understand that.
Speaker 6: Brian Pettitt, I'm not ignoring you, but hello, thank you for the helloes and thank you for the concern.
Speaker 4: My back is fine now, don't think god JD.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, that's fine. I was going to see if anybody wonder to react to what Samir said before I tie what he was saying into my Carolina Panthers to segue in this.
Speaker 4: Well, as I said, JD.
Speaker 6: The Carolina Panthers, h Dave Knelis is a good coach in a bad place.
Speaker 4: He's got a bad owner. Who is who?
Speaker 6: And what I can't still can't figure out is here's a guy that graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, one of the most expensive universities in the entire world. Here's a guy that's got all kinds of degrees and you don't know how to run a football team, okay, or he doesn't care to run a football team the way he should, all right, And that puzzles me.
Speaker 4: That's what puzzles me. Right there.
Speaker 6: If you come to Pittsburgh, you go out to the Carnegie Mellon University campus, everything is Tepper Hall, Tepper lunch room, temper, this Tepper that. That's Dave Tepper, that's his family. I worked with one of his cousins. Okay, So what I'm saying is is, here's a guy that's bright, but he don't know how to run his football team, right or you don't know. You know, he's not a good owner, you know. So you know, Dave Canellis is a good, bright young coach. It's just sad that he's there.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Smile well, and I will speak right to that and we'll tie it right into their schedule and everything this year. So, yes, David Tepper might have one of the most expensive college degrees in the world, but you want you want me to tell you which one he's missing? Common calls No, it's called the football degree. And yeah, common sense, absolutely common sense. Common sense would tell you to hire the best possible people, put him in the position to succeed, and get out of the way. Get out of the way. And that is one thing I can say. Tying this all back in together, is that. Guess what. I have not heard a thing about David Tepper, not not since they said he was gonna go radio silent. Haven't heard a word from him. It's been a beautiful thing. However, I'd completely disagreed with them taking a wide receiver at number eight. They should have did what the Falcons did, and so their schedule we went through it today. I went winnable versus not winnable, and they had about seven games on their schedule that I would consider not winnable. So automatically, you're looking at ten and seven if you can win all of your fifty to fifty games as what I would call them, and I don't see the Panthers doing that. However, I do think that Dave Canalis and Bryce Shong and Dan Morgan, they've been giving the leeway that they need in order to make this work potentially, Tedoro McMillan, Xavier Legette, Hunter, renfro Adam Dielin. I mean they have surrounded Bryce with offensive weapons and they are going to find out if he and Dave Canalis are the future going forward.
Speaker 1: So can I put one little bow on it? Interesting quirk about your schedule. The Panthers to the super Bowl the Carolina Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Carolina opens against Jacksonville. It's the third time ever that your team has played jackson the Jags in Week one, and the other two times are when you reach the super Bowl in two thousand and three and twenty fifteen. How interesting is that? Just a kind of a quirk, you know, putting that bowl.
Speaker 2: On that that is very that is that is so interesting, Candy. I mean, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 2: Samir as a as a Falcons fan, though, I think he can attest that the NFC South is a toss up. I mean, yeah, Tampa Bay has ruled it the last couple of years, but they've alternated winners literally like every year since the division has been in place. There have been very few back to back winners of the NFC South. It's been a steady who knows. I mean, I don't think the Panthers have the defense. I think the Falcons might be the ones this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean, it depends on a variety of things. And that's what I was going to get to regarding the Falcons. I think when you look at the Falcons schedule. I think it's proof that you know, when people talk about a team's strength of schedule, or this team has the third easiest or the third hardest schedule. I just think that that needs to be taken with the grain of salt, because obviously teams changed throughout the season, throughout the offseason. Some teams get better, some teams get worse. You could and the thing is, it's solely based off of last year's record, and you could have had a team that ended up missing the playoffs because of injury, or you could have had a team that may be overachieved and made the playoffs, or a playoff team that lost pieces. So all of that needs to be taken with the grain of salt. But with that being said, once again, just like last season, that early stretch of games for the Falcons is a brutal It's a pretty tough one last year. I don't think it's as brutal as last year, but it's pretty tough. I remember last year first three games Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Kansas City, our first six games Tampa at home, which is usually a toss up. I think it's gonna be a good game again. You have Minnesota on the road, Carolina on the road, Washington and Buffalo both at home, then you're at San Francisco. So that is not an easy stretch of games by any means, even if we did sweep the Bucks last year, and even if you know, like again, the forty nine Ers are an example when we talk about strength of schedule. They went six and eleven, but they had a bunch of injuries. I don't it's fair to assume they're not gonna have that many injuries this season, and they're gonna they still have Kyle Shanahan as their head coach, so I think they're definitely gonna be in the mix, even if they have lost a lot. Again, Washington, Buffalo, those are gonna be tough games at home, and of course Minnesota on the road. I know a lot of people have questions about Minnesota, especially with JJ McCarthy now as their quarterback, but Kevin O'Connell's had his way with quarterbacks and I think in that system, I think JJ McCarthy will be successful. Now. With that being said, I don't like the early Week five by usually like the buye around week ten, eleven or twelve, but this one is pretty early. That means you've got thirteen straight weeks of games, and that includes a stretch of six road games in eight weeks from weeks nine to sixteen, including a game against the Colts in Berlin, and that is a game I think the Falcons should win, but who knows, you know, those international games are always interesting, to say the least. Now hindsight twenty twenty, where I think the Falcons will be record wise, I could see a range from seven to ten, which I know a lot of people aren't gonna like, to ten to eleven wins, So ten and seven, eleven and six. And the thing is they're a young team, a lot of exciting pieces, especially with the draft we just had. But whether or not the Falcons are successful as season is going to depend not just on the development of Michael Panics and whether he continues to take strides and build off of, you know, his fourth quarter against the Commanders in the last game of the season against Carolina, but it's also going to depend a lot on the group of defensive players we've drafted over the last couple of years and whether or not those guys take that next step. Defensive tackle from Clemson drafted him in the second round. Not only that, we traded up to get him, So he's gonna start and I think he's and he's gonna have to contribute early. Zach Harrison. He was drafted as a defensive end out of Ohio State a couple of years ago, but Raheem Morris and Jimmy Lake moved him inside. He was still productive and quite frankly, didn't get enough snaps. I think he Snappedcout's definitely gonna go up this year. Brandon Dorless, another defensive lineman we drafted out of Oregon. Again, like the rest of the rookie class last year, didn't get a lot of playing time. It's gonna get a lot more snaps this year. And Brayln Trice third round pick. Washington was a captain on that team that went to the National Championship. Along with Michael Pennix, led the NCAA in pressures in twenty twenty three. He unfortunately towards ACL against the Dolphins in the preseason, so he wasn't able to play at all last year. Question about him is where is he gonna end up in the rotation, especially you know, coming off that injury and with the additions of Jalen Walker, James Pearce, and Leonard Floyd. Also Grady Jared's not here anymore, so somebody needs to step up as basically that guy for the defense and the vocal leader in the locker room. It looks like from what I've heard that Aj Terrell has kind of embraced that role. He appeared on the water Boys podcast not too long ago and he talked about since Grady was not here anymore, he's going in the year six now and he has to kind of take that veteran leader role. So it seems like it's him. So again, not an easy schedule, but a lot to be intrigued by in regards to the Falcons, a lot of pieces to be excited about. So but again just a lot of question marks. So it really depends.
Speaker 2: Can I just applaud you for saying a row row row.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it took me a lot of learning.
Speaker 2: Tenor row was hard for me.
Speaker 3: Can I say one more thing, Sir Rudolph knows the system. Mason Rudolf can win ten and because of the defense alone, that's how we're gonna win ten. JD. That defense is stacked, So I think the defense is going to carry us through that. That's just my that's that's my spoiler alert. It's not a prediction. It's a spoiler alert. Okay, it depends how our defense holds.
Speaker 2: All right. So okay, so that's all well and good. So I'm the Southern Fried gentleman. So let's make a gentleman's bet, shall we? The Pittsburgh Sailors if they win ten? If they win ten, the Panthers win twelve. All right, that's what it is. So the gentleman's bet will be I've seen it. Have you seen yours? Have you seen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have you seen your quarterback?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know you got a backup quarterback as a starting quarterback. All right, you listen, Sean McVay coach, that those the system. It's a crappy system.
Speaker 3: But what's what's the what's the bet?
Speaker 2: I mean, first of all, it's a happy system. Arthur Smith is your offensive coordinator who got fired from the Falcons for running a crappy offense, Samir, I'm sure you have a comment about that. Yeah, but yes, so it's the crappy system. So yeah, mate, listen, I know math, I know that two plus two equals four. But guess what that is it's easy. There's some offensive systems that are just easy. And so I'll let me get this one out, yep, cause listen. The gentleman's bet, though, the gentleman's bet will be if your Pittsburgh Steelers win ten games, I will. I don't know what the BET's gonna be yet, but listen, we'll make a bet Steelers will not win ten games, and if they do, that means the Panthers win twelve. And we'll figure out the stipulations of this bet because I'm not gonna I'm not gonna be like the Florida State guy and say I'm gonna eat a cup of poop and not do it. So I don't know. Maybe I'll get my first tattoo or something. But gentlemen's bet, Steelers no chance winning twelve games or ten games, that's bottom line. So do you agree, you say they'll win ten games, pensmanth.
Speaker 3: Depends what the bet is. Then well we'll talk. We both we both can. We can both have each other's phone numbers, so we could talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it won't. It won't be nothing crazy. Somebody will have to go like put a squirrel in the fryer. Or something. Maybe I don't know, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll full.
Speaker 2: Fire or maybe we can just got something open and open fire for fire up. Okay, Candy wrangled us in.
Speaker 1: I'm going to because I want I want to talk about the Chargers toying with jet lag. Jim Harbough and company are scheduled to travel thirty seven thousand and eighty six miles season, the most in the NFL. In addition to the game in Brazil, the Los Angeles Chargers have six Eastern time zone contests. They travel for forty two time zones, the second most behind the Los Angeles Rams forty four. Meanwhile, the Cincinnati Bengals will travel only eight thousand, seven and fifty three miles. Thoughts is at a big disadvantage to the Chargers. And we'll start with Ralph.
Speaker 6: Well, Candy, that's something called uh, you know, plan ahead, or something called We're gonna find out what this Chargers team is made of. Can the players survive the jet lag? Can they survive? They should? They get paid a lot of money. And I believe that, you know, if the NFL sticks it to the them like they stuck it to the Steelers over the years, Okay, I think that the Chargers could survive Jim Harpole. As a strong coach, you can get as players motivated for these games, despite the fact that I will we have to travel what eighty million miles or whatever to get where we need to go, and if we have the highest travel miles in the in all the NFL, let's see what they're made of. Are they a strong team to survive? Is its survival of the fittest you know out there? And real quick JD. Carolina. It's better to be lucky than good, because they're not good. They're gonna be lucky this year if they do win.
Speaker 4: So there you go. That's it.
Speaker 1: Samir, You want to talk at all about the traveling of the Chargers.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I mean, I guess it's it's not ideal for any team to travel that much and have that many East Coast games on the rule, but in a way, I think it's a trade off. They play well, actually not really, because they lose a home game because they play the Chiefs in Brazil, which I don't like. But I agree with what Ralph said. If there's a coach out there that can get them prepared for that kind of scenario. It's Jim Harball. I do think overall, I don't know if they'll be as good as they were a year ago. But one thing you also have to look at is the spread, like how their schedule is spread out, so they have Chiefs in Brazil, then they go to Vegas. But I think the brutal part is they go from having Denver at home after a short week coming off that Vegas game, then they travel to the other side of the country and they're at the Giants. So there's a lot of traveling, especially in the early part zill Vegas, then back home, but then they go to New York or Mental or East Rutherford. Then they go back to LA then without a bye week, they go to Miami. So it's just like that first part is a brutal stretch of you know, back and forth for the Chargers. But again, as I said, and as Rolph said, if there's any coach that can get them mentally prepared for that, it's Jim Harbaugh. And you also have you know, even though I think he is overrated, you have a veteran quarterback in Justin Herbert, which also helps.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, kenn I did that was one thing I was gonna mention too, was the Chargers, y'all. And we've got one of my guys. He's been on my show before, Madcraft. He's my resident Charger fan, Candy out. I've told him to call the number four because he was like, JD open up the phone lines. I was like, man, I don't have that capability. I don't even have a phone. I mean, you can try to call me on my cell phone, but I can't get you on mad Craft. But he's over here, man, he's open up the phone lines. The Chargers will be just fine, Candy. Alwa says, my bolts will be just fine, Candy, and then he also says Chargers answered this question in their draft old school bully ball a Marion Hampton. Is that dude, Trey Harris can't be worse than QJ talking about Quinn Shot Judkins. No, not Judkins. Oh what is it? Quintin Johnson? Quentin Johnson's the wide receiver name. And so Madcraft, listen, I know you're the Chargers man. And I was gonna say this. I think the NFL punished Jim Harball for the NCAA. Why else is it that they have the only schedule that they travel more in miles than three other teams combined. Is that punishment? Or could Jim Harball great coach like you guys just mentioned, Could he make it into great chemistry? Can he help build those plane rides into culture? Because we've already seen the Chargers coming up. I don't trust the Raiders in that division. Obviously. The Chiefs are susceptible with all of their one possession wins last year. I mean it's not like they're unbeatable. They're beatable, they're friable, they're fireable, They're right there. So the Chargers, though, I do think that's my main takeaway from this is did the NFL punish Jim Harball for the NC Double A? We already seen Sharon Moore, Connor Stallions all that stuff with the cheating Jim Harball went to the NFL so madcraft? Were they punishing Jim Harball for the NC Double A? Here with this ridiculous road trip and he's just gonna handle it because nobody has it better than us, right, Matt c And who's got it better than us? Nobody, says the Harballs, So Chargers. I already I predicted him last year to be a playoff contender, super Bowl contender. There's no doubt in my mind that Jim Harball and the Chargers will overcome these plane rides. He'll figure out a way.
Speaker 1: Ends many of your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Jim Harball can prepare, Justin Herbert is a good quarterback. It's just how well prepared they prepare. The Chargers are a good team, like Mad says, but we'll see how they prepare from weekend and week out. And it depends if it's a short week two that you gotta look at that too, because there's Sunday and Thursday, so you gotta prepare for that too. Chargers are a decent team when we play them in Week ten, and I have them losing to the to them, So that's what's that's what's gonna happen. I think they're gonna playoff team. I think they're gonna make the Divisional round and lose to the Chiefs or the Buffalo Bills. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Oh and Jim Harball loves game cocks, by the way, I mean, I forgot about that part.
Speaker 3: I figure you'll.
Speaker 2: Know that he always he's always drafted gamecock players. He got a few of them. This year, he'll I mean, he's a smart guy and.
Speaker 3: I and I have breaking news to share to the Carolina Hurricanes just defeated the Washington Capitals and eliminated the Washington Capitals four to one series. So Vechkin is no longer playing until October. So if you're a Capitals fan, I'm sorry not, I know you're not. Well, you might be because he moved, so.
Speaker 1: Is not really breaking one minute behind game Chuck, Chuck, who already said that.
Speaker 3: So just so now I know, all right, I just I just saw it there. So well, they eliminated.
Speaker 1: Are you know our guys in the chat room, if they're they're on top of things, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they eliminated for the series is four to one. I had them going to Stanley Cup, but fortunately they didn't make it.
Speaker 1: Awesome awesome. Okay did we all talk about Chargers? Did anybody else have any commenting back and forth on the Chargers?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, how about the fact that the Philadelphia Eagles play on five different days of the week this year. They will say they have a contest on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, Black Friday, and Saturday. A little unusual to be playing on all those different days of the week. But hey, they're the Super Bowl champions. Shouldn't be no sweat off their back, right.
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay, isn't that a song candy Sunday, Monday, Wednesday? What it like? Isn't that a song though that sings all the days of the week or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 3: Saturday, easy, happy days easy easy?
Speaker 2: Well no, yeah, that's happy days for sure. But yeah, there was another song though that I'm thinking about out there.
Speaker 3: Talking about happy days like easy happy days. Ay, come down souther fright, Fonsie, mad.
Speaker 1: Go out there and uh follow all of us and all of us hosts here.
Speaker 2: Hey mad so yeah? Sameir is at at L Underscore, Samir? What was it, Sir?
Speaker 5: I'm pulling it up now because Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Madcraft's on Twitter. He stays active. He he's uh what I like to call the Braves Sunshine Pumper. He's been telling us all to be positive about the Braves since they went oh and seven, and here we are, we're about five hundred and it's all because of mad.
Speaker 5: Craft at L Underscore twenty four to one. That is my Twitter.
Speaker 2: There you go, Matt Craft. Hit him up, my man, I'll make sure I'll post it out too and let you know. And then hey, are you following Ralph Madcraft?
Speaker 4: Ralph?
Speaker 2: What's your Twitter handle? Brother?
Speaker 4: Uh, it's Ralph Williams r W Media.
Speaker 2: Hit him up plenty of stuff.
Speaker 3: And then Pensman, thank you that's already following me because you tagged me in the post.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got yeah, we got all old last week. Yeah yeah, Andy tell him at Tribune South.
Speaker 1: So my question to all of you, the number one pick in the draft and he has no primetime games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought he would at least get one. Usually past few years or for a while now, the number one pick, especially when it's quarterback, has usually gotten at least one or two prime time games. But in regards to the Eagles, they do play ten playoff teams from last year. But again, that's something I've always taken with the grain of salt. As I said earlier, I think they'll be fine regardless. They did lose a couple of pieces, but they're loaded. Howie Roseman drafts out of his mind virtually every year. But yeah, yeah, I was going to circle back.
Speaker 2: On that, right well, and we'll see what and all that can or Candy or Pensman takeover whoever.
Speaker 3: Except for this year. I was surprised, but go on, jd.
Speaker 5: Well, John Campbell was a steal at a thirty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I give him that, but the other draft really can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, what you were just mentioning though about the Eagles playing ten playoff teams? There's a stat? Madcraft, Madcraft, madcraft? My guy, can you remind me there was that old radio host we used to have here in the Upstate. I won't mention his name, but he there was a stat and it's something like fifty percent of playoff teams year to year do not make the playoffs the following year, and it might be a little less he gets sixty. Yeah, there's a stat though, So, yeah, who cares about Eagles playing ten? Of what the fourteen playoff teams last year, half of them probably aren't going to be there in the playoffs again this year. So I mean you can't really gauge it on that. I mean, if we could shoot, we would all predict the future and make tons of money gambling, right, exactly.
Speaker 1: No love for the Saints. The Saints, don't they have no primetime appearances. It's first time they got shut out of the primetime slate since the two thousand season.
Speaker 5: You love to see it.
Speaker 6: I'm interested down there. I will tell you this much. He wants to make a trade for Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well, Aaron Rodgers go to New Orleans too.
Speaker 5: I don't see what.
Speaker 3: Don't see that happening.
Speaker 5: I think it's Pittsburgh he's retiring. But yeah, I hope it's not surprised. The Saints are not viewed highly in regards to their roster. It's aging roster. They've been in cap hell for a couple of years now, and now it's kind of that time to pay the piper. The Falcons have not swept the Saints since twenty sixteen, the Super Bowl season. If there is any year for them to do it, this is the year. Saints have always played us hard. It's, in my opinion, the best rivalry in the NFL because, no matter what the records happened, no matter what the all time series, it's tied. It's been going back to the late sixties. The all time series is deadlocked. And again, as I mentioned, no matter what the what record each team has, the games are always close. Like one time in twenty nineteen, the Saints were seven and one, we were one and seven. We went in there and we went in there and beat them pretty good. And then of course we were six and three they were seven and two. This past year, it just fired Dennis Sallam. They beat us. So it's it's always a pretty tight game no matter what.
Speaker 2: Well hey, yeah, hold up, hold on, no, yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm not the Saints. Not many people lifefully so.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, so okay, Samir love you man, go ahead, but before these two AFC North dudes fry you up, I'm going to give you the opportunity to say that the Atlanta Falcons and the New Orleans Saints are possibly one of the most competitive series in the NFL. But I think you might have to backtrack about it being the best rivalry in the NFL, Pensman Ralph.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, I think it said that because it's not just the teams, it's within the it's within the fan bases, the culture between the two cities.
Speaker 2: Like you've obviously never been up to the AFC North games. I mean, the Buffalo Bills throw people through tables. Okay, we don't we're crazy down here out, but we don't do that.
Speaker 5: Bunch of Falcons fans going when the Saints come here, A bunch of Saints fans always come.
Speaker 6: Cleveland Browns will throw bricks through your window. If you have a Pennsylvania license plate and they're parking in one of their stadium parking lots, they will put your car up on Jackson, steal your tires. That's what goes on in Cleveland when they're playing the Steelers. And then on top of that too, when you go to Baltimore. I heard there's some some things there with the Ravens fans. I told my wife, if we do go to a Ravens Steeler game at Ravens Stadium, we're just gonna sit there and not cheer because I don't I don't. I don't want to get myself thrown, thrown, something thrown.
Speaker 4: At me or whatever. You know.
Speaker 2: Cutral colors. Yeah, there you go, Pensman, go ahead.
Speaker 3: You got oh my, I can't believe you said Carolina Atlanta, but you got Philadelphian, you got philled Okay, still, you got Philadelphia in Dallas.
Speaker 5: Okay, those two the NFC East rivalries up, Yeah, those two teams has.
Speaker 3: Stay with me, bro, stay with me. You got the Steelers and Ravens. That's another one. You got Chiefs in Buffalo, that's another one. You got Lions and Bears.
Speaker 5: Oh my no, no no no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: You got the rivalry in the NFL is Packers Bears.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: They have played each other ten times since.
Speaker 4: Nineteen Yeah, Detroit be.
Speaker 1: If it's the best rivalry, if it's the most glorified, is it the oldest. We just got to be very careful with the terminology that we use when we are trying.
Speaker 5: To most competitive? Does that work? Most competitive?
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to save you. I said that.
Speaker 5: Because look, if the Falcons ever went to and fifteen, if those two winds are against the Saints, like but it kind of softens that blow. Definitely.
Speaker 1: It's the same for the Packers Bears. I'll be honest with you. The Bears that you know, they all always And that's the way I would say it is with most rivalries that are divisional rivals, worries that if you beat the person the other team in your division, whether you win the rest of the games, that's what matters. And because now Green Bay and Chicago is also probably one of the closest proximity wise, okay, mileage wise, I'm guessing they're with it. I think i'd have to check it out. I will get that stat while you guys keep talking, but I will get that how close they are.
Speaker 3: Or is it? Or is it? And Vikings no, because I'm just standing the competitive one.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody in the NFC North, but I wouldn't say necessarily. Okay, Chicago, I know about the.
Speaker 3: Pack, but I thought the Lions had another one too.
Speaker 4: It's just like with pensmen or they're all competitive two hundred.
Speaker 1: And two miles the.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so I know we can't cuss. I'm not gonna cuss. But my question that came.
Speaker 4: Last year they were sad.
Speaker 2: Who would be y'all's biggest Who would be y'all's biggest considered B word in all of the divisions? So like when you think about your bottom feeders like the Cardinals or what used to be the Lions or the Panthers when they were winless, who would be considered the biggest B word like bottom feeder of a division? I mean, would it be the Lions?
Speaker 5: Would it be the Browns, hence down things.
Speaker 2: So the brown Yeah, the Panthers haven't been around Longhouse obviously.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, I mean there, I mean right, sounds to be an argument made for the Falcons, because the Bucks, even with the lowest win percentage in in NFL history, have the most Super Bowls. I've got to well, and he said it does for the NFC East, and the Saints have won and the Panthers have been to the same number of Super Bowls and have won the division more times than the Falcons and have been around about half as long as the Falcons have. Panthers have been around for thirty years. The Falcons are going on year sixty. The Falcons are also the only team in the NFC South to have not won it in consecutive years since it became a thing in two thousand and two two thousand and three. But yeah, we are the only team to not have won the division in consecutive years, and we've had even when we have had chances to do so. So right now it's the Aints, but I think you could make an argument for overall from historical ads, it's us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, Atlanta hired a guy named Arthur Smith be their head coach, and that kind of derailed them a little bit. I'm we'll see what Whrahie Morris does. This is his second time around as a head coach. Usually the second time is better than the first. Samere So we're gonna find out where some where he goes.
Speaker 5: You know, we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could you can make a case about like the Lions, they've never made it to the Super Bowl and they've been around for how many years?
Speaker 6: Yeah, my co host, smoking Jim Fraser Candy calls it the Bobby Lank curse. He comes up, he calls it the Bobby Lank curse. Just like the Steelers he calls it the San Antonio Holmes curse. With the Penguins he calls it the Marc Andre Fleury curse. So you know, he comes up with these curses all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's for the NFC South, but for the NFC East. The interesting part is each one of those teams has had a period or a long period of success. So would you mean who would be the bottom feeder of that division? You can't mean. The Giants are in a bad place right now, but they have four Super Bowls. You're not going to say them in the Washington they had, they had the they had the Dan Snyder era, but seemed like Jayden Daniels and the new ownership with Josh Harris Mike Dave rejuvenated that franchise. You're not gonna say Dallas or Philadelphia, even as much as we like to laugh at Dallas for their lack of postseason success, and obviously you're not going to say Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: They're all they've all been successful team similar. That's going to be a really tough question right there for that division.
Speaker 2: Not for me. It isn't not for me, It isn't here. We're you can answer that right now. And I got a bad I got a bad story. It's tell all these Dallas Cowboy fans it's you right now, my friends, Dallas Cowboy fans, if you're a Dallas Cowboy fan, listen to this. My son has a go kart. All right, it's stopped working. I found out that the choke switch it wasn't working. Right, I put a Dallas Cowboys sticker on it. It's fired up fine. Every single time since the choke switch with the Dallas Cowboys sticker on it, it works. And guess what, not only that the Giants and the Eagles have won super Bowls since the Commander or since the Cowboys last have. The only one who hasn't is the Commander's But it would be a tough listen. I would say one A and one B or four A and four B. When it comes to the Cowboys and the Commanders being the bottom feeders of the NFC East, how many playoff victories do the Cowboys have compared to not lately? None, none and none. I mean the Commanders made it to the NFC Championship Game this year. That's more than the Cowboys can say for a long time. So, Dallas Cowboy fans, I hate to tell you all this, but you're the bottom feeder of the NFC East.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I was going to circle back to again the NFC South. When it when when you when it comes to the Falcons, it's not just the lack of historical franchise success. It's not just sixty years no Super Bowl. It's not just your twenty eight to three that like that surface level stuff. It is just the way like there is never a dull moment with this franchise, Like you can go back to Jerry Glanville purchasing tickets for Elvis. He purchased tickets for Elvis Presley. Elvis Presley had been dead for like a while at that point. And then it's like the it's just never again, never a dull moment. You look. Nineteen ninety eight, we upset the Vikings where we make it to the super Bowl. The night before the Super Bowl, Uh, Eugene Robinson safety, he won, he won the Walter Payton Man of the Year. He gets busted for let's say, not very not very ideal. Yeah, you probably know the story. He gets before the night before the Super Bowl. And then it's the Mike, the Michael Vick, the way the Michael Vick era ended, the Bobby Petrino saga, losing the twenty twelve NFC Championship. And it's just the last five years alone. You could like the last five years alone, since like twenty twenty, the team did not have fallen on an on side kick against Dallas. They let Nick Foles with the Bears come back and beat them. You hired Arthur Smith as your head coach. You went into a season with Desmond Ritter as your starting quarterback. You lost to Josh Dobbs, a guy who had just been traded to the Vikings, like two days before the game, didn't even know the system, didn't know his teammates, comes here and beats us. And then you got this season six and three and again they just find the most creative ways to lose games, right.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, and the Chat, I gotta mention the chat real quick. We got Pete Digits, we got Brian, we got Madcraft. All of these guys they've kept us in check here on some bottom feeders. They were like, hey, how about the Jets, how about how about the Dolphins? The Dolphins being bottom theaters. I mean these guys, they were tapped in on it. Brian even mentions Lions, Vikings, Titans, Chargers, Browns, Bills, Bills, Chargers too, I mean the Bills Chargers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like I call the Chargers the West Coast Falcons, like they will just find ways to lose games, like like you've never seen.
Speaker 6: How about the Raiders. I mean, the Raiders were once a great football team. Look at where how they have fallen? How the mighty have fallen? Yeah, and now they got seventy year older, seventy five year old Pete Carroll to try to bring them.
Speaker 2: Back, Candy. I'll let you rein it right in after this. I gotta ask, though, since you just mentioned the Raiders, have y'all seen the new Amazon movie coming out with Nicholas Cage playing John Madden and Christian bell playing Al Davis. Look up the picture, y'all. I'm telling you right now, it'll be the best thing you've ever seen in your life. I swear to you. Look up the Amazon documentary picture of Nicholas Cage as John Madden and Christian bell A is Al Davis. They're sitting there, both with their Super Bowl ring like pointed forward, and Nicholas Cage looks just like John Madden.
Speaker 4: Wow, I gotta see that.
Speaker 1: So I gotta go to a comment here in the chat. How many times has a Giant got a top three pick in the last thirty years? I don't have that stat, but I have a different stat most top ten draft selections from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty five. The Giants have the most at eight. They have the most top ten draft selections in the last ten years with eight.
Speaker 7: Feels like there's one team that has zero, and that would be my Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 1: Everybody else falls in between at seven, just wanted to put that out there. I do want to talk a little bit about my Packers.
Speaker 7: The fact that this is the first this is the first time that the Packers open under the Matt Lafleur coaching at home in Lambeau.
Speaker 1: They match up with Detroit. The other interesting which I don't really particularly care for. Of the last seven games of the season, five of our divisional opponents, So we opened the season and then we end the season, and there's I also saw that there was four other teams that within a three week period play a divisional rival twice, So it's interesting exactly. I thought that was really interesting. Anybody else want to talk anything more about a schedule at this point? Any predictions on which international game are you guys most looking forward to?
Speaker 2: I mean none of them.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, Falcons Coults, mainly because of personal bias, but I fid my way there would be an international games because number one, I don't think it's fair that you're basically taking a home game away from its team. And number two, the look, I just wish Roger Goodell would stop this attempt to try and globalize the NFL. It's not the NBA. It's not basketball. It's never going to be a global sport. And that's just how it is. That's the way I see it.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't know if I would go as far as to say that he should stop trying to globalize it, I would say that the NFL Europe was once a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well why is anymore?
Speaker 2: Right? Well that that was gonna be? My point is I think they started it too soon now. I think with all of these overseas games, I think they're getting to that point. I mean, right now, there's already betting odds on how long it will take for there to be an overseas Super Bowl, And in order for that to happen, there's gonna have to be overseas teams first. So I mean, obviously we're talking ten twenty years down the road.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just don't see how it could work for geographical reasons, like how would you align the divisions, Like if they're going to visit an overseas team, only like that would make sense in my eyes is maybe if you put one in Toronto, because the they've had the they had the Bills play a couple of games there for years. A while ago and it's right here, especially right here.
Speaker 1: But again it's going against the CFL then, because they already have a league there.
Speaker 5: Yeah right. I just don't see them expanding team wise overseas, mainly for geographical reasons. And I think thirty two is the right number. I think thirty two is a perfect number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: But my last thought on the schedule, the New York Giants, they got a raw deal. Like through their first like six games, they have They're at Washington, at Dallas, Chiefs at home, Chargers at home, They're at New Orleans. Then they have Philadelphia, Denver and Philadelphia again. So there's a very good chance that they could start two and six one in seven. But again, I know that kind of goes against them. Take the strength of schedule with the grain of salt, but man like, that is a brutal start to your first half of the season, especially when you have Brian Dable and Joe Shane on some pretty hot seats like that is not an ideal schedule.
Speaker 4: You know, Samir, they should have been fired after this season.
Speaker 5: I was surprised they weren't.
Speaker 6: I know, so was I. I just I couldn't believe. I'll scratch my head, I'm like, what are you doing? You bring them back the same failing.
Speaker 3: Ralph. Yes, this is the Let see if I can do this. That's the picture that Jitty was talking about.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I s what you're saying.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah about John Madden, he looks just like him to.
Speaker 4: A t.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I got to look at that. I gotta see that. I gotta talk about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, No way, gang Chuck who walked Candy?
Speaker 3: Candy? I got one more international thing to say. I'm looking I'm looking forward to the Steelers and Vikings. One Steelers or my team and Vikings is because of JJ McCarthy, because of him playing at Michigan. I want to see how he reacts this year, even though they're playing each other. Yeah, that's that's gonna be rough. That's gonna be rough. What I agree with some here what he said. So what he said was point on. So that's what that's what I got for that. I'm just looking forward to Steelers and Vikings because of JJ McCarthy. See how he reacts overseas, and this is his first action in the NFL because he got injured last year. So I'm just curious how he will do this year.
Speaker 1: Any other comments on the NFL schedule. I have another NFL topic I want to get to here.
Speaker 6: Real the Steelers are playing. I got the twenty twenty seven preliminary schedule that might be coming out. I'm sorry, twenty twenty six schedule. The Steelers are playing the They're playing the Jacksonville Jaguars in Vietnam. So they want to expanded into Vietnam. I'm just kidding. So sorry.
Speaker 2: That's good, Ralph. You got me on that one, because what I was going to say, though, is we were talking about Samir said he didn't want to go overseas and it would be too much travel and all of this, and so to tie it all in a nice little bow about the Chargers we were talking about earlier. Would any of those overseas teams travel farther than the Chargers this year? Can be back to you.
Speaker 1: Interesting question. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're traveling farther than three other teams combined. Coreer Chargers are.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. It is crazy. My next topic, NFL owners are going to discuss a proposal to allow players under contract to participate in flag football when the sport makes its Olympic debut in twenty twenty eight in Los Angeles. How do we feel about players playing flag football? Now, mind you, the Olympics will be played, this would be played in July, I believe when the twenty twenty eight games will be held from July fourteenth to the thirtieth. Training camps would typically open for teams that summer in the final week of July. Based on the currently schedule.
Speaker 5: It'd be interesting to see how many NFL players actually participate because I mean, yeah, it's flag football, but again, one wrong turn, you fall the wrong way, that can have an impact. And I don't know if any NFL players, especially big names or stars would want to risk that.
Speaker 1: Patrick Patrick Mahomes, and Tyreek Hill have already expressed interest in participating in the Olympics.
Speaker 6: The US has to do whatever it takes to win candy. They did it with the NBA players going in for basketball when the college players couldn't get it done. I don't blame them for throwing this. I have some concerns about injuries. Like Samir said, you know, but I think it's a good idea because our country that do whatever takes.
Speaker 4: To win the Olympics.
Speaker 5: The goal.
Speaker 4: Do it.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't think there's anybody out there better than us anyway, as far as that goes football.
Speaker 1: Pennsman thoughts Australian rules.
Speaker 3: They're already they're already doing flag football and the Pro Bowl, so I can see him doing so exactly. That's good move. And what what Ralph said about whatever the US has to do to Windy Olympics, I go for it.
Speaker 4: Do it.
Speaker 3: They're already doing it. So if you don't make the Super Bowl, you get to play flag football all year round. So and for some reason, the ratings were up in the Pro Bowl when they when they were when they were playing flag football, the rings went up and it was competitive, So why not?
Speaker 6: I always called it the probe bore because it was always boring. It didn't tackle nobody, it didn't, you know what I mean? You know, so maybe everybody liked the idea of flag football.
Speaker 4: You're not going to tackle him. Also, just do flag football, you know, j D your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I honestly I don't think that the n NFL will allow their players to do it. I think that maybe not the NFL. Maybe I should rephrase that. I don't think the teams in their contracts. If this becomes an actual thing, obviously they're not gonna let the biggest stars of the NFL go over here and play in a potential We see non contact injuries all the time. We see torn acos, we see torn achilles, we see injuries like that that happen, and if they're playing a regular season. I mean, most of the baseball players we just now saw the United States get into too the World Baseball Classic again, and because of the timing of it, a lot of the best baseball players can't go participate. So guess what happens with the NFL players. Yeah, I mean it's starting to become a little bit bigger now. I think it's way off for the NFL. I just don't see it. I think there will be women's flag football games or listen, there's a lot of really good simp. I don't know if you guys have ever looked up videos of flag football on YouTube or anything like that before. I have. There's a lot of freaking good flag football players out there. No, I mean, I'm just I've seen them. I know I got enough stuff to keep up with, trust me, two kids, a doll fire up with candy and the South Florida Tribune Southern Sports. I got some her, I got everybody I got. We gotta keep up with everybody around here. We're too busy to just be bored JD.
Speaker 1: That was a perfect segue to a station identification break. South Florida Tribune Publishing Company published a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning In to the Enduring with some of visionary leaders. It was written by my husband, Scott, a Motor City Madmouth. Morgan. Raw talks about his forty plus years in the industry and how it has changed and evolved. You can find it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. There's also a link on our website www dot self Floridatribune dot com, where there is a plethora of great content. Go check it out. If you'd like to listen to podcasts, you can find us wherever you get your podcast. If you see the red subscribe button in the lower right hand corner and you have not yet subscribed to us, honestly I don't know why not, Please do so and share us with all your friends and family whoever he thinks would enjoy our programming. Monday nights, we talked baseball Tuesday nights. We talked football Wednesday and Thursdays. Just never know what you're gonna see. Last night Scott did a one on one show on the Inn on the Self Florida Tribune podcast talking about moving to Florida and had a real estate agent. On the preceding tonight's show, he had a show about hockey. Go check it out. If you want to advertise, call my call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine four one. And if you want to be a guest on the show or have topic ideas, you can always email us at South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com. I do want to do a quick shout out to everybody that's in the chat room and my whole panel, and we're great discussion tonight. I love it. Let's keep it going. So let's talk a little bit. Does anybody know who which team has the richest owner in the NFL?
Speaker 5: Which team is the richest owner? It's not Jerry Jones, I know.
Speaker 3: That, Robert Kraft.
Speaker 2: No, no, is it a let me think we know it's not Green Bay they don't have an owner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, correct, it's not the Roonies and of that m some Broncos.
Speaker 1: Correct, the Walton family at seventy seven point four billion dollars.
Speaker 5: The yee yeah, Walmart.
Speaker 4: That's why the prices went up at Walmart.
Speaker 1: And it's really interesting because there's a huge drop off between them and number two.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I say this one thing too about Walmart?
Speaker 4: Real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm sorry Walmart tonight, it's your turn to get cooked.
Speaker 5: Uh Ya?
Speaker 2: How do you have self checkout lines that are closed? How does that make any sense? It's a self checkout line, like you don't even need a cash here there to watch it. There's literally a camera right there. And if somebody steal something or if their weight doesn't match like you can so no wonder. The Waltons are so freaking rich. Jesus Christ. That's it that I'm not gonna cook in it. I don't want to overcook it.
Speaker 1: So guess is who's the second richest. It's a big drop I'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: Or the Davis family.
Speaker 5: Jerry Jones.
Speaker 2: Here, I'll go with the chat. I'm gonna say, uh we got a pick for the Browns, the Bears, or the Jaguars, and we have a Washington Commander pick.
Speaker 1: Nope, I'm Jaguars are one, two, three, four eighth. They're in eighth place.
Speaker 4: At a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve point two billion he has. Jerry Jones has thirteen point eight billion.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, you better, David Tepper, I swear you better, say David.
Speaker 5: David a lot of money?
Speaker 2: One point three billion.
Speaker 1: He's third, he's third?
Speaker 3: Yes, what about Howie?
Speaker 1: Who do we think? Who do we think?
Speaker 3: What about Howie? Howie Rose for the Eagles?
Speaker 5: He's a he's a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, just wondering.
Speaker 4: Loose six billion.
Speaker 2: Glows or whatever their name is, Spagnol New York Giants.
Speaker 4: It's got to be one of the New York teams, has to be.
Speaker 1: It is not. The New York Giants have two.
Speaker 5: Who was the Bowl this.
Speaker 1: Last week year?
Speaker 3: You guys?
Speaker 4: Dog?
Speaker 1: Twenty four point eight billion? They are second. Wow, so highest as Broncos. Second is Kansas City, Third is Carolina, fourth is Seahawks. Fifth is the Rams, Jets, Dallas Jags, Patriots, Dolphins, Buccaneers, Commanders, Falcons, Browns, Ravens, Bill's Saints, forty nine Ers, Houston Eagles, Indianapolis Chargers, Raiders, Giants, Lions, Titans, Cardinals, Vikings, Bears and Steelers, and then of course the Packers don't have an owner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what last mad Craft just said that.
Speaker 6: It doesn't surprise me Pensman, because would they would squeeze a penny and then Lincoln's head would come out.
Speaker 3: George Pickens was right about.
Speaker 4: Us, what being cheap?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're the cheapest organization according to George Pickens.
Speaker 6: Well, George pickens Man, well, he was stealing his rookie contract. We'll see what he does in Dallas. Look even bigger thumpster fire down there.
Speaker 2: See and then a Candy Madcraft right before that he mentioned the Packers there too. He said, technically we're unaware of how much the Packers have, and he's true, but Pat Pensman and Ralph y'all called it cheap. You let me tell you what I'll call it getting bang for your buck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we have cheap owners in Pittsburgh. Bob nuttings that he makes a ton of money off the Pirates, don't put nothing into his team.
Speaker 2: Make hey making the playoffs though, and you're not spending much money. I mean, the Eagles are getting super Bowls in there. What do you say, Candy on the Eagles twenty third or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are four. They're worth four point six.
Speaker 2: Billion twenty third.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, what we call bang.
Speaker 3: For you speak, You speak about the Eagles and Mark shows up.
Speaker 2: Some in the ghost.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, any other topics you want to bring up before we go to my town? Anything burning? Nope, So let's go back to my town, Ralph. Since you just moved and you have a new town, you can depending on which town you want to talk about, but you can go first. The floor is yours.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm going to talk about Pittsburgh because that's where I'm from, and I'm still gonna be talking about Pittsburgh. But nothing going on here as far as sports wise. But I will say if you're in the rock and roll, we have Saturday and Sunday the rock Fest going on on the Boardwalk here in Ocean City. Some great bands, Flepper, Alice Cooper who was filling in for Motley Crue who will not be participating because of Vince Neil's health issues, and also Allison Chains will not be performing. I forget who they have to replace him. Brett Michaels from Butler County near Pittsburgh. He's part of this thing as well. So come on down to the boardwalk in Ocean City. Guess where I'll be right here in my house, still unpacking boxes and crates. You know why, because I'm not going donner and standing dinner or sitting dinner with all those people donner in a big crowd. I don't get into that anymore. I'll sit at home and watch it on YouTube. So there you go. But anyway, steeler wise or steeler wise, I called the George Pickens trade. The only thing is I didn't call is when I said, I actually thought it was gonna happen in draft, and it did not, but it happened now. And I'm glad he's gone because i'd fighting with referees, beating up fans, yelling at players, you know, yelling at the owner, at the other team, the popcorn vendor, and whoever else he could yo at because he's a big baby.
Speaker 4: I'm glad he's.
Speaker 6: Down in Dallas where they're gonna fail, because I'm interested to see what Brian Schottenheimer's made of. So we'll see what goes on down there with him. And you know, we're a little shorthanded right now, But We'll get a wide receiver in here. There's plenty out there. Keenan Allen's still sitting there. There's a bunch of guys. I hope we get Nick Chubb as a running back. We need some help here, you know, on that position. Two other things I called Caleb Johnson and I called Jack Sawyer. Those are the two I called for the drafts. You don't believe me, asked Luther Dupree was sitting next to me at the draft party I was at, and I said Caleb Johnson and I said Jack Sawyer, and both of them were drafted by the Steelers.
Speaker 4: So I've been pretty.
Speaker 6: Right in the last few weeks or months here about some things. But I was wrong about Shirra Sanders. I thought the Steelers would take him when he arrived at number twenty one, and he did, and the Steelers didn't. And from some of the things reports I've read and some things I've heard, I'm glad we didn't. You know, I'm glad we got who we got. And I was a little unhappy about that, but you know, because they made me wrong. But I would But I was right three times in wrong one, so three and one. So there you go and I'll let Pensman tell you about the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to follow up.
Speaker 3: We are not gonna get Nick Chubb because we got Trey Sermon. So Nick Chubb is yeah, he's going to be out the window. So I'm just glad that George Pickens is gone because Ralph forgot that. He was kicking footballs into the stands too. I got.
Speaker 4: I got everything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got everything else. He just for got the football in the stands again.
Speaker 4: He was even harassing the popcorn vendor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm glad. But what's going on my town is the Pittsburgh Pirates fired their coach last week, Derek Shelton. But I don't know if Ralph agrees with me or not. But Don Kelly bade this tea team, a fighting team. They are in a lot of games. They took two out of three against the best I think. But these team has really improved. I don't think they're gonna go to the playoffs, but as far as a fighting team, I think they are approved majorly from Derek Shelton to Don Kelly, I think it's a big improvement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anything's better than Derek Shelton.
Speaker 1: Okay, Samir, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 5: All right? So, since last week regarding the Atlanta Hawks, they are still conducting their search for the next president of basketball operations. There were some names that have popped up. Yes, there were some names that had popped up previously, including former general manager of the Kings Calvin Booth who's currently with the Nuggets. Danny Fairy, he was our former general manager a while ago, Elton Brand and pulled his name out. A candidate has emerged as of yesterday, a new one, and it is current Raptors general manager Massaiu Jeeri. He's he's been a great executive for a long time, one of the most well respected. He had a pretty good run with the Denver Nuggets and now he's been with the Raptors for the last twelve thirteen years. Built that championship team in twenty nineteen, and I feel like if the Hawks could somehow get him in here, that'd be a great hire. Another guy they're considering is Trey Young's agent, part of Creative Art Creative Artist Agency Sports. They are also considering Jannis's agent as well, so that is something to look to watch out for. Actually, with the trade rumors surrounding Giannis. But ultimately what I think is about that is, you know, is it really gonna matter if Tony Wrestler, who the owner, who's the owner, doesn't change his philosophy. For those who don't know, he's owned the team for about a decade now, he has never gone into the luxury tax at any point during his ownership. So if you bring in a new president who's gonna want to be aggressive and make moves to improve this team, is he going to be willing to open his wallet? Now? Regarding the Braves own seven start, they are now back at five hundred.
Speaker 4: They are.
Speaker 5: They have been twenty two and twenty two and twenty two and fifteen sorry since their own seven start. Drake Baldwin top prospect going in the season, he is slowly playing himself into the National League Rookie of the Year conversation. A. J. Smith Shaver, another potential National League rok of the Year candidate, has improved virtually every start with time. He was peaking at the early nineties with his fastball. On Tampa, he hit ninety eight today beat the Nationals five to two. Michael Harris is starting to turn the corner Austin Rallies and Matt Olson. That middle of lower has been a little cold. Ozzie Alby's had his first hit in I think twenty seven played appearances the other day, So bullpen's been a little shaky this series. They blew a four to one lead last night and they gave the national They put a couple runners on for the Nationals in that eighth inning, but they held on and got the win. Falcons. We talked about it. Schedule was released yesterday, although I don't think it's as hard as the first three games were last season, opening with Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Kansas City. That Bucks game, which is a toss up, is going to be, in my opinion, a game that you have to win, especially at home Week one in front of your fans. You've got to win that game because at Minnesota Sunday night, that's not gonna be an easy game. Even at Carolina, who has improved. I don't think they beat us last year. With our season on the line, that's not gonna be an easy game. So they've got to get that Week one win against the Bucks Minnesota Carolina. Then you've got back to back home games separated by bye between the Commanders, who in my opinion, we should have beat last year, and the Bills. Commanders are a gettable one. They're gonna be a tough game, but it's a definitely gettable one for the Falcons given how we played them last year, and then the Bills. I don't see us winning that game unfortunately. But yeah, that's all I have right now for my town.
Speaker 1: Okay, JD, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 2: Well, I will segue it off of what Samir was just saying. Yes, the Braves indeed started oh and seven and are back to five hundred by game number forty two. There have only been four other teams that have started oh and seven and reached five hundred, and only one was before game forty two. It was this year with the Braves. But the nineteen forty five Boston Red Sox they made it back in game thirty eight, which they probably only played like sixty six games back then.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The nineteen eighty three Houston Astros they made it back to five hundred by game sixty two, The two thousand and eight Detroit Tigers they made it back to five hundred at game eighty, and the nineteen eighty Braves. They made it back to five hundred after starting oh and seven at Game one twenty six. The only problem with all of these oh and seven teams is that none of them made the playoffs. And I'm sure mad Craft's probably gonna get mad at me because I told y'all he's a Braves sunshine pumper. So I still don't see the Braves making it back to the playoffs this year. But credit to the stream for keeping me up with my game. Cox Baseball team, who in fact beat the number one LSU Tigers tonight. And so Madcraft he presented this question to you to us earlier in the chat. He said, it was a wild pitch and we took home, so he didn't call it a walk off. That's a walk off, right.
Speaker 3: That's a walk off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it happens at the bottom of the night, it's a walk off. He was like, well it was, it wasn't a hit, so but that, yeah, that's a see mad crab man, he's got some quirky takes sometimes, y'all got he's learning learning.
Speaker 5: I still think that we will make the playoffs. But if you were to ask me, is this the World Series team not even close.
Speaker 3: But you're going to get you guys, get limited by the Mets.
Speaker 2: No way, Listen.
Speaker 5: That would be the worst. That's my worst nightmare.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, here's why we won't make the playoffs. I've got bad news. The Padres lead the West, all right, so that puts the Rogers in a wild card. All right. You got the Cubs, Cubs leading the Central, Matt's leading the East, all right, and then you've got the Phillies and whoever else in the Central. Plus the Braves like.
Speaker 1: Dodgers are ahead of the Padres actually by half a game.
Speaker 2: Oh did they just take it? Because yeah, last I checked, they yeah, they were like second.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm being optimistic.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: You and Madcraft will get along great, Samar.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, I feel like we've got Spencer and Ronnie amping up to come back. But the thing with Ronnie is when he was the season he was coming off of his first st ACL Tier twenty twenty two, he had a down year. Uh you could like he even admitted that he wasn't comfortable, and you could see it. His power wasn't there. He didn't steal as much. But with Spencer's the one I'm concerned about he already had Timmy John surgery before in college. I believe in he just had a UCL surgery last year. And even though it may not be something that I'd worry too much about, especially in a simulated game, his fastball was kind of topping off at around the early nineties.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, well, sorry, har to finish up my town that I was going to try to tie that all in. So, yeah, the Braves, I don't think they'll make the playoffs. My games baseball team, they did win a game and beat the number one LSU Tigers, so they're trying to finish at five hundred. However, for the first time ever in this state, there are two softball teams hosting regionals at the same time, the South Carolina Game Cocks and the Clemson Tigers. Clemson just started a softball program very recently, just won the ACC championship, so they're gonna be hosting a regional game. Cocks will be hosting a regional And what all happened to the WNBA talk? So women's sports are blowing up here in South Carolina. I think they're blowing up everywhere, but the WNBA, for whatever reason, haven't heard a word about it, haven't seen a game, haven't even seen it. Able to watch on TV because I'm constantly seeking out sports. So my town always ends up being like a my rant. But at the same time, Gamecock softball, Clemson softball doing great things. B Digits Clemson fan Mark Gamecock fan. I can't believe the game Coox baseball team just beat LSU though we've been giving up twenty runs all the time. I can't believe it. I'm stoked.
Speaker 1: Okay, so my town Milwaukee Brewers are not doing the greatest. Eh, Yes, they do better. There is a lot of trade talks and talks about where will Giannis end up? Will he stay? He's under contract for two more seasons, but the Bucks don't have a lot of draft picks coming forward, so it would be their best interest to trade him now when he has a big upside, and is he gonna request a trade for all the other off seasons when that has come up. He has always said he's gonna stay true to and wanted to play for the Milwaukee Bucks, but he has said now that he is open as I think he realizes small market Milwaukee might not not have another championship behind him for a while, So we'll play the waiting game. This will be an interesting offseason. As far as hockey AHL, the Milwaukee Admirals, who are National Predators affiliate, they're in the playoffs, but they did lose tonight game one of the second series of the playoffs. They lost four to two to Texas. I believe it was tonight. That was only game one of their series. So and as far as where I live now, I live in Florida, and the Florida Panthers took it to the Toronto Maple Leaves last night to take a lead in the playoffs, and they come home and play tomorrow night hoping to eliminate the Toronto Maple Leafs. So we'll see if that happens or not. That's kind of what's been happening in my where I live now and where I'm from. So we're going to go around the room and you can tell everybody how people can find you, get a hold of you, watch you subscribe, re whatever it is that you guys do. We'll start with JD.
Speaker 2: Start with you, Oh beautiful. I had this comment highlighted that I missed from mister p Digits. He says in my town, I gotta cut the grass, put a grill together, and wash the truck, and bro I'll tell you what. I've got to cut my grass. I got to finish putting my kid's swing set together. I've got to put cages around my tomato plants and my cucumber plants. And I got to put new brakes on my car. And I got a wife and a kid, and a dog and two cats to take care of. And so that is why it's such a privilege for me to come on and do this show once a week to vent to all of you and be the Southern Fried gentleman that I am. I try to be as nice about it as I can, but I love you all. I love all of you, who commented Ralph Pensman, Sameer, Candy, South Florida Tribune, Greenville Sports Media, everybody in between. Y'all make sure to hit like, follow, subscribe. Everything you need to know is at the bottom of the screen at j D Wyatt zero six on x at Southern Fried Sports JD on YouTube, where some of you are watching and listening.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I just really appreciate all of you guys and being able to do this. I haven't been able to do it much. I try to go live three times a week. We even had our technical difficulties, but hey, thanks to this nice little ethernet cord right Chia, we've been able to stay on and be heard and it's just a pleasure. I have a great time. I ain't got nothing to complain about. Man, life is good. I hope everybody else is good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Samir, how can people find you? So?
Speaker 5: I'm still trying to make it a goal to get my own YouTube channel up, get my own show, my own podcast up. So right now, follow me on Twitter's slash x at ATL Underscore SAMEIR twenty four oh one. Again that is ATL Underscore, SAMEIR twenty four to oh one. I have a I have almost all my articles published there, and I'm gonna try to get some clips from the show up. You can find me on Fired Up Thursday night, and I'm currently trying to arrange to get on Inside the Pigskin on Tuesday night. So thank you again.
Speaker 1: Okay, mister Ralph, how can people find you? In that new studio?
Speaker 6: Yeah, studio ten down here in Ocean City, Maryland. I love every minute of it too, but I've been busy as well as JD has uh you know, on packing boxes. Uh you know, trying to get over the screwjob my friends gave me. But anyway, also I'm working on uh you know, putting up gates around the back deck area so that my dog don't run out into the wherever. Okay, and uh you know I got some stuff going on as well here. But anyway, Uh, you can get a hold of me at YouTube channel Ralph Williams r W Media, Twitter x Ralph Williams RW Media. Also don't forget I'm on Facebook, Tumbler and LinkedIn as well. Uh LinkedIn, I am on very briefly, I'm kind of angry with them. They've they've been charging me money every month but won't tell me why I can't get on their network live. Okay, So since they won't tell me why, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Giving them any more money. So there you go.
Speaker 2: That's garbage.
Speaker 6: I want you want to play games with me? Fine, guess what You're not getting no more mom on. So that's what I'm doing there. And I also want to announce at starting in June, all all my social media programs will be on the Oracle Talk Radio Network. Just signed a contract and we're set to go coming in June. All of my shows well that are on social media, we'll be on our We'll be on the Oracle Radio Network as well as these social media platforms here, YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, x platform, and also the sports programs are on or are on the Huddle Sports Network as well. And don't forget this Saturday nine am and we're back myself, Leo Haggerty, Scott Morgan Roth and the Sports Wrap Show will be back this Saturday.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be great, two great legends in the sports business and it's great to have them on with me as well. And we're gonna be back on Saturday at nine am. And also don't forget about the Sports Corner Radio show every Saturday two to three pm on twelve fifty am The Answer in Pittsburgh and also ninety two point five on the FM DOW. If you are outside of Pittsburgh and you can't get the station, go on twelve fifty the Answer PHDH dot com. So there you go, and you can catch my shows and also r W www dot rw Media Productions dot com and we have some great advertising rates as well. You can reach me also mailbag Ralph Williams seven three seven at gmail dot com. That's how you can get a hold of it. That's what I'm what's going on in my what's going on with me?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Candy, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Pensman. How can people find you?
Speaker 3: You can find me on YouTube or Pennsman Sports. Find me on Twitter x at.
Speaker 2: Pens eight hundred subscribers eight or five body, so I can only wish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll get there, Rolf, You'll get there. You can find me on discord what you can find me on discord Discord at pensmanth Sports, and you can find me on Twitch at pensmanth Sports. Oh seven. So that's how you can find me.
Speaker 1: Okay, one last station break here. The South Florida Tribune Publishing Company published a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is written by my husband, Scott, the MotorCity mad Mouth Morgan. Raw talks about his forty plus years in the media business and how media has changed and evolved over those years. There's actually a picture of a young Scott with a young Muhammad Ali, So anybody interested go get the book. To find out what the picture looks like. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindl, Google, and Apple Books. There's also a link on our website www dot Solflorida Tribune dot com where you can find a plethora of great content. Go check it out. If you see that red subscribe button in the lower right hand corner means you haven't subscribed to Self Florida Tribune YouTube channel, please do so and then share us with all your friends and family. If you like to listen to podcasts, you can find us where you get your podcast. You want to advertise, call Scott nine five four three oh four four one. If you want to be a guest on a show or have topic ideas, you can email us at self floord A Tribune at gmail dot com. I do want to thank everybody that's been in the chat room. I appreciate everybody commenting. I would ask that everybody would go and subscribe to everybody else's YouTube channel. Help them out. We're trying to we're all trying to grow. Please help them subscribe watch their shows. I've heard Ralph did a show. If you want to know why Ralph move, go check out his channel. You want to like, I can't good book to read. Get by my husband's book. You want to read some of Samir Go to his channel. Pensman's got his channel. He was talking earlier. You just did a short on what was it Pensman?
Speaker 3: I did talked about dan Orski ESPN, about the schedule, health the Steelers. The Steelers are going oh at six and the Steelers are not going oh at six. I don't care what anybody says. J Yeah, he's not going six.
Speaker 6: Dan Orlovsky couldn't find his way out of a paper bag.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: They won't go in six because they'll have Kirk cousins.
Speaker 2: Dan Orlovsky once ran out in the back of the end zone for no reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I mentioned to on the stream.
Speaker 1: So if you would all support everybody here on the panel, I want to thank all my panelists. You guys did an awesome job tonight. I look forward to us talking again next week. Everybody, have a great weekend and enjoy all the sports out there.
Speaker 2: Bang Bang Southern frag Gang. Sorry I had to synk that in.
Speaker 1: That's okay, no problem.