Speaker 1: Hey, guys, we are so excited to share some of the spooky stories listeners have sent in. Some of them are thought provoking, mysterious and intriguing, and others are just bind tingling. But before we dive in, Deb and I wanted to ask you to please take a minute to share our show with a friend or leave a comment on Spotify or Apple or wherever you listen. It really does help our show. You can also show your love and support by signing up for our newsletters or following us on social media. Be sure to check out our Facebook page. I posted some fun videos and photos from Deb's book party. I think you guys will.
Speaker 2: Really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: On our websites, Samantha Fay dot com and Deb Bowen dot com, you can find our e courses, meditations, crystal bracelets, and sign copies of our books. All my orders come with a fun fortune cookie and a free crystal chosen just for you. Okay, so dim the lights and get ready to be spooky. Hello and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host Samantha Fay and.
Speaker 3: I'm Jeb Bowen, and.
Speaker 1: We have our spooky listener story shows for you.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 1: We are so excited. We put out the call a couple of weeks ago for you all to send in some scary stories, and gosh, deb, did they ever answer the call?
Speaker 3: Did they not?
Speaker 1: We've got some good ones, We've got some spooky, scary ones, and we have some really just puzzlers, like what happened there? And some of the listeners. DEB asked us to answer that question. I don't know that we have answers for some of the weird, crazy, cool stuff we're.
Speaker 3: Going to read. Yeah, the answer for many of these is I don't know.
Speaker 1: But isn't it fun to ponder? But we will do our best. Okay, I'm gonna start us off. If that's all right with you.
Speaker 3: It's fine, go right ahead. Okay.
Speaker 1: This story occurred one winter about fifteen years ago, writes our first listener. We live in Wisconsin, out in the country. We have pine trees that border the perimeter of our property. On the other side, we are surrounded by cornfields. When my husband and I woke up the morning after a fresh snow, we noticed something very strange. There was a path of footprints that began in the middle of the row of pine trees and walked a direct path towards my son's bedroom, who was four years old at the time. But these were not usual footprints. They had the outline and shape of a foot, but they were much larger than the humans. Plus the prince did not have any treads or lines on the bottom. It just looked like a hole in the snow with a foot or boot like outline. The second thing we noticed is that there wasn't a return path of prints in the snow. It was just one path that began in the pine trees and ended at my son's bedroom. Where did this being go once it reached his bedroom? They just stopped and disappeared. We also looked to see how these footprints were able to start from the middle of the row of trees, but we couldn't figure it out. There were no footprints on the other side of the pine trees, in the cornfield or from the road. It's like something dropped out of the sky, landed in the trees, and started walking one path in our yard towards my son's bedroom. Third, and perhaps most confusing, is the stride of the footprints. The distance between each step got longer and longer down its path, to the point where no human could have made that step. When my husband and I went outside, we could not match the footprints to a huge human stride, not even by us taking our longest jumps. They were just too far apart. It wasn't humanly possible to walk or even jump between the prints. We just had no answers, and we were really spooked. Should we call the police and then say what that there are some unexplainable tracks in the snow, They would probably say it was an animal of some sort. Plus there was never a sign of a break in or my son being harmed. It happened several times that winter, enough where I remember waking up and being afraid to look out the window because I did not want to see the footprints, but also not consistently enough to set up a trail cam and record hours and hours of nightly footage. Maybe part of me didn't want to know. Okay, the part where the footsteps end at the child's window, that's a spooky hard no from me, terrifying.
Speaker 3: Yes it is. My initial reaction to this was okay, bigfoot, And then the more I read, the more I thought, no, probably not bigfoot. And then, because you know I believe in bigfoot, can I just mention that, and then I thought, well, okay, so somebody had some way of playing some kind of a trick. It was some kind of a joke in some sort, But then there would have been footprints from whoever was playing the joke, so I dismissed that. So the answer is I don't have a clue. It's stories like these that make me think just what is truth? What is truth? I'm always curious about that. So the answer is, I don't have an answer.
Speaker 1: Do you remember in George Knab's book on Skinwalker Ranch, he has a whole story in there about people who would see a portal open in the sky right above the ranch's property and a bigfoot like creature would walk out of it.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that chapter?
Speaker 3: Well? Do I?
Speaker 1: Ever, that's what I kept thinking about. I would love for her to do some history of what was connected to that land, and did anyone else have something.
Speaker 3: Weird like that?
Speaker 1: Or you know, are there any granite locations or courts nearby? That's something Dave Polaides always looks for in the missing four to one one cases, is the lot of those weird sightings are near vast revenues of some type of mental deposit.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Yeah, right, she's got some O work to do.
Speaker 1: Then, Yes, but I'm glad her son is safe and was never bothered or spooped out by it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely most important. Our next one says, this is the closest I've ever come to actually seeing a ghost. In August two thousand and eight, my father, who had been battling cancer for many years, was lying close to death in a hospice facility, drifting in and out of consciousness as we all waited for the end. One afternoon, my brother and I were at my mom's house, sitting on the couch in the living room. As I looked out the front window, I saw what appeared to be the shadow of a person moving across the front yard towards the attached garage. It was as if the sun were casting the shadow on the grass, but there wasn't anyone there to have a shadow. My brother gasped, did you see that? I said, yes, if someone outside. He got up and went out to the garage and looked around. A minute later, he returned, shaking his head. No one was there. We both sat back down with puzzled looks on our faces, thinking of my dad, who had always entered the house from the garage instead of the front door. I half expected the phone to ring with news of his passing. It did not, and he lingered in a coma for a few more days. I have since heard the theory that people near death will start to leave their bodies for short periods, and I've often wondered if the shadow we saw were my father coming home one last time. Well, first of all, I'm so sorry about your dad. My dad too late in a coma for a while before he died, and I know how that felt to us. Yes, there's lots of evidence out there that folks leave their bodies and check in on family. They have family members who come from across the veil to help them across. I recently had a lovely friend who a few days before he died. He was unconscious, but every once in a while he would giggle and laugh, and we all believed that he probably had folks from the other side coming to help him cross over. My thought in listening to this story is, Yeah, I would not be at all surprised if this wasn't just your dad's way of coming to home one more time before it was time to actually go. That's my take on.
Speaker 1: This, I think they all do that. I think they all visit the people that were nearest and dearest to them before they leave this earth one last time physically. Remember when I was taking care of all the kids at my house when my mother in law was dying and her kids and her husband were doing a vigil around her bed at the hospital, and I saw Maggie and I called my ex husband and I said, I'm so sorry, and he said, yeah, we're all doing okay. She's okay. And I said, oh, I thought she just passed. I just saw her in the bedroom and he said, no, she's still here. And I felt that. I don't know, I just felt really weird about it, you know, And I'm so sorry. I hung up the phone, And ten minutes later he called and said she passed, right. And then remember two weeks ago, I called you my friend was dying and I thought she had died because I had that dream where she hugged me and said, look my hair's back, right. Yeah, and she had not passed. She passed a couple of days later. And you said exactly what this listener was saying, that she was visiting, right, yeah, Oh beautiful all right our next one says, I work in government, so this is not my real name. Just call me Doug. I've been active as a psychic medium for ten years and was asked by a mentor if I would like to join her on a trip to Skinwalker Ranch for a TV show she was doing a few years prior. I had read a book about the Ranch, so I knew it was a site associated with the dark side of the paranormal UFOs and more. Not remembering how scary some of those stories were, I immediately replied that yes, I'd love to go along. Perhaps most awfully, some researchers children have been impacted by serious mental health issues after their parents' return. Getting out my old books about the ranch and reading reviews of other books, I was reminded how bizarre and at times terrifying the reports were. One reviewer noted that people have suffered an array of lasting health consequences, including radiation exposure, from their time on the ranch. So I purchased a new book on Skinwalker Ranch. As I delved into it, I started to get the feeling that I should entirely stay away from this topic and the sight. Needing a break from the book, I put it down, knowing that it was time to take the dog outside before bed. Standing outside under a cloudy, windy sky, I thought to myself that no trip to a ranch would ever be worth endangering my family's health. The dog and I turned around to go inside as I contemplated abandoning the entire endeavor. As I did so, I had a clear view into our thirteen year old's room. It looked, for just a moment, like he had hung himself from the ceiling and my wife had found him there. Fortunately, as I better focus my eyes on the scene, I realized that he was just standing on his bed and his mom was simply hugging him good night. Still, however, the mere suggestion and glimpse of such a horrific situation absolutely terrified me. Entering the house, I wanted to consult my Touro deck. Note that I was using just the major arcana for this. I greeted the cards like old friends, shuffled the deck numerous times, pulled one card and placed it face down in front of me. A reversed card would tell me that no, I should not read any more of the book. I flipped the card over the hanged man reversed. This was terrifying. I couldn't believe it. The hanged Man is a card that rarely, if ever comes up for me. I get chills again just writing this. I would immediately dispose of the book, I told myself before he did so, I wanted to draw one last card, so I returned the Hangman to the deck, shuffled again for a minute or so, and drew one last card to ask if I shouldn't go on the trip. A card in the upright position would mean yes, don't go on the trip. I drew the card, put it face down, took a breath, and flipped it the hanged Man right side up, absolutely horrifying. With that, I knew I would not just destroy the book and abandon the trip to the ranch, but that I would also end my interest in the ranch and leave it alone forever. Finally, I took a few deep breaths, stood up, and prayed for all of this to pass. I asked the Creator and my angels for protection. After a few minutes, I felt good and confident in my decision. Then I returned to my deck. I'd flip one last card and see what it told me. It was my old friend, my card, the one that always appears for me, the magician. Upright, I'm good, I thought, I'm good. Now my family is good too. Whoa dab? What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Do you remember when Joel bought the Skinwalker Ranch book? Yeah, he started reading it and he got to page forty nine, Yes, and he stopped, and he gave the book to me. And he didn't tell me that he had stopped at page forty nine. He just said, I think you need to read this before we go any further. So I opened the book and I started reading, and I got to page forty nine, and I stopped, and I said, I'm bringing this book back to you, he said, And then I'm going to destroy the book. I do it.
Speaker 1: Totally forgot that last part of the story. Yeah, that's absolutely true.
Speaker 3: I get this fella's perspective on all of this. Now. You know, since then, the investigation at the Ranch has turned to being much more scientific based. If you follow the new series on the History Channel with Travis what's his name and Eric Eric and those guys. Yeah, it's much more science based and not nearly as paranormal based, although there are certainly still UFO's UAPs in the sky these days, and even on the TV things.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the team members had some health issues, remember they did.
Speaker 3: And there have been cases where Travis has aborted experiments and has had everybody get out of there because of spikes and radiation and this, that and the other. So a lot of things continue to happen. But it's more science oriented than spooky oriented, if you I'm not maybe making that there, No, I agree, but that's more of what it is. However, back to this fellow's story here. First of all, I cannot tell you how many times I have said this sentence over the years to my students. I don't trust me, but I trust he wrote, and I mean that. And his relationship with the keys in his deck are clearly pretty strong. And that symbolism of the hangedman to him very deeply resonated with him, and he trusted it. And I have to applaud him for that percent and that He's clearly not somebody who's new to Row. So that's another thing, because new folks can get off track, I think, with cards. But clearly he is not so good for him. I'm glad the magician showed up to reinforce his decision.
Speaker 2: Who okay, and glad he trusted his intuition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great story, Okay, go ahead, all right. My husband and I had gone to stay at a friend's place out in the woods. Their road is steep and secluded, with only two houses at the bottom and thick trees arching over everything. That night, someone we didn't want to see was outside, so instead of going in, we parked at the end of the gravel road, by the other house, which sat empty. My husband sat in the driver's street, scrolling on his phone while I journaled, then drifted off with my head against the window. In the gray light of early morning, I slipped into that hazy state between dreaming and waking. Suddenly I had the distinct sense of being watched from somewhere outside of myself. I felt an almost soul a presence leaning over my window, staring down at me. It was very tall and unnaturally pale, dressed in black. Its face was oval and blank, with dark, jagged lips and wide, unblinking eyes. The features were stark, almost two dimensional, as if sketched in shadows. It hunched closer, curious, peering in. I convinced myself it was a dream until the screech of tires yanked me back. My husband had thrown the car into reverse and was speeding us towards the highway. At first I thought he was just angry about something, but when I looked at him, his face was pale with fear. All he said was you won't believe me. I don't want to talk about it. I pressed, and finally he admitted he awakened to see a tall, dark figure bent over my window, staring in. He described the same face as I had seen, except from his vantage point. The thing actually turned to look at him before disappearing into the woods. What shook us both was that we'd experienced the same presence from different angles. I had brushed it off as the nightmare, but hearing him describe what I saw down to the details of its face, confirmed that it wasn't just me. The experience has never left me. Was it a guardian, a trickster, a signpost on the path I was just beginning to walk. I still don't know. I even found out that there was also a well nearby, old and abandoned, but could it have been a portal? It's the reason I found your podcast, and the reason I keep listening, hoping to understand a little more about the mysteries awaiting just beyond the veil. Oh Lord, I don't think we have all the answers. Please don't think we do. We have just as many questions as you all do. And so with that in mind, I don't think we can answer what you saw either. I do believe, as the ratio said in one of Shakespeare's plays, there is more to heaven and earth than we can ever know. I'm not quoting that verbatim, but that's the idea. And I think it's true that there are so many aspects to this world in which we live that they are just are not answers. You know what.
Speaker 1: I always tell myself though, because sometimes I feel bad when people come to us with questions and we don't have the answers. Yah, I remind myself. At least we created, I hope, a safe place for us all to ask these questions together and to feel comfortable sharing stories like this.
Speaker 3: That's true, that's a good point. I feel bad. It's like, no, I don't have all the answers. I don't have all the questions.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, it could be a guardian, it could be a trickster. The fact that they were both so scared it tells me all I need to know. I mean, that's just a fascinating experience, and it makes me think, when we do have those sleep paralysis moments, is it really sleep paralysis?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know. Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm glad though, that he had it too.
Speaker 1: I'm not glad for him that he had it, but I'm glad for her that they both had it together, because otherwise they would have just felt silly that they had that experience on their own, like, no one's gonna believe me, right, Okay. Our next one says, in nineteen eighty, my dad rented a house from an old lady named Annie. My dad was a farm worker and didn't have a lot of money. He had a wife and three kids to support. He heard about a house which, for some reason, couldn't keep renters because it was allegedly haunted. My dad had a sixth sense and had seen ghosts all his life and wasn't afraid of them, so he decided to rent the house. Two hundred dollars a month was super cheap. We lived there until Annie died in nineteen ninety six. Annie became our good friend. She would often joke with us and say, I'll be darned these ghosts like you guys. Well, I'm the oldest and the one who inherited my dad's sixth sense. Throughout the years living there, I saw a woman in the closet. My parents room had a closet where I would see the women standing or sometimes sitting on their bed, but always by the closet. She wore white clothes with a white veil, and once I looked at her face, she had holes where the eyes should have been. I screamed. Another time, my mom ran to the store and left my little sister asleep in her room. My mom asked me to watch my sister for twenty minutes. My little sister was crying and I was afraid to go into the room because I didn't want to see the lady. Suddenly I heard my little sister laughing. I peeked in the room and saw the lady's back to the door. She was entertaining my little sister. I ran to the backyard and waited for my mom to get home and tell her all about it. We told Annie, and she said she rented the house once to a man who had locked his wife in the closet, and she died there.
Speaker 2: My mom and her.
Speaker 1: Sisters said prayers for her soul, and lit candles and cleansed the room with holy water and other things, and we never saw her again. Oh, I bet they helped her cross over. Another thing I remember vividly was one day when I looked out the kitchen window, which faced the backyard, I saw little dwarfs running on the fence playing. One even came to the window and said boo and walked away laughing. I heard and saw a lot more things than the rest of my family, but all of them, at one point or another, saw or heard things as well. Sometimes we felt hands touching us, or whispers in our ears, knocks on the wall. We would see shadows of cats or dogs running. When we had family over, they would almost always experience a ghost encounter of some kind. We learned to live with the ghost and weren't afraid of them. We left the house in nineteen ninety six because Annie died and her son kicked us out of the home. Since then, it's been sold many times and has had many renters. Maybe Annie was right and the ghost liked us.
Speaker 3: I believe She's right about that.
Speaker 1: That sounds like, what are those thin places on earth where it's not just one ghost, like the soul of this poor woman haunting the place. But you know how there's just some homes or some plots of land that tend to attract a lot of paranormal activity. I call those thin places where those different dimensions can bump into each other. But how wonderful that the whole family had an attitude about it, like, well, yep, there's a ghost, there's a dwarf, what are you gonna do.
Speaker 3: It's like my friend Joyce and for relationship with her ghost, whose name was Helen. She and Helen were very good friends and when job home and go visit Joyce that they would talk to Helen like she was They could see her sitting in front of them. You know, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Joyce is always fun.
Speaker 1: If you guys go on our Facebook page, you'll see a video I posted of deb at her beautiful wonderful book opening reception party for Crafting The Will of the Year, and Joyce makes a debut appearance.
Speaker 3: She does. Indeed, our sweet Joyce, I know, I love it. Okay. Our next one says, I've had several sleep paralysis experiences over the years, sometimes with what felt like a heavy glob rolling on top of me with a lot of pressure, or figure standing at my bedside, but this is the one I always think back to. I was in bed, trying to fall asleep, laying on my side, and suddenly felt like someone cuddled up against my back, who placing an arm over and around my waist, perhaps with a hand placed on my solar plexi of chakra. Then it felt like their mouth was right up against my ear and started whispering in a deep voice in a language I couldn't understand, almost like light language or gibberish. At first, I panicked and tried to move, but when I couldn't, I just started repeating I am Love. Then it all stopped and I was able to move. I woke up the next morning thinking it was weird that I had just rolled over and gone back to sleep right after something so strange happened, and wondered if it happened at all. I was sound asleep and woke startled, and sitting on the side of my bed was a glowing, beautiful blonde woman. She was just smiling down at me with a loving presence, and I felt a sense of peace. Then I slump back down and went back to sleep. The next morning, I woke thinking it was strange and wishing I could have had the sense to ask who she was, questioning myself if it happened at all, but it felt so real. I also thought it was weird that she looked just as I pictured a fairy character in a book series I had been reading. So I summed it up to my imagination or a dream, but still wondered if it was an angel or a spirit guide checking in. Then years later, I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about alien visitations and how sometimes it will take on comforting forms from your memory so as not to scare you. Well, this sounds like several different experiences over a period of time, if I'm reading that correctly.
Speaker 1: So Ever, she had this one experience of this thing spooning her and whispering something in an unknown language, and then she repeated I am love and fell back asleep, and when she woke up she saw this glowing being sitting on her bed. I think that there are things that happened to us when we're sleeping, and I think they are stealing our energy. To be honest with you, I think there are energy vampires, so to speak. And I think when she kept repeating I am love, I think an angel of love came to protect her. Okay, that's how I'm going to view it. I don't want to view it as aliens disguising themselves as angels. I don't like to think about that.
Speaker 3: I don't either. I'm not going there either. I do, however, wonder about the connection with our minds will take something we've read about or heard or seen on television or whatever during the day, and it gets transferred into some kind of dream like state or hypnagogic state as we're going to sleep. I do wonder about that. And she mentions that with the fairy character she had been reading about.
Speaker 1: Well, our brain can only create images that we have seen in our life experience. So maybe we can't take in the full visage of an angel because we've never seen seen it, and so the brain recreated what was protecting her in the form that she had seen, at least in her mind's eye from reading this book.
Speaker 3: I will accept that theory at the moment, but I am and I know you are too, taking a deep dive into the field of needic sciences. That's going to put the idea of the brain thinking in a whole different perspective. But we'll come back to that in another episode, I imagine.
Speaker 1: Well, either way, it's a good reminder that when we just pray for protection or focus on love and light.
Speaker 2: That's what we get.
Speaker 1: That's true, and it's a good reminder to just keep that always at the forefront of our mind and our hearts, to focus on love and light and peace, and we'll call that into our field and be protected.
Speaker 3: I think that's true. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Our next one says my parents started renting out my grandparents home shortly after my grandmother went into a nursing home. My parents took ownership of the home as they wanted to keep it in the family for as long as they could. My father has emotional attachment to the home as this was where he grew up. My grandfather passed away about fifteen years ago, and my grandmother, although still quite young, needed to be moved into a nursing home due to developing advanced Alzheimer's. I just want to mention that my husband and I lived in the house for about two years after my grandmother moved out, and we did not experience any paranormal events. I am quite intuitive and can say that nothing spooky or out of the ordinary happened while we were living there. I also spent quite a bit of time at the home while growing up, and it was always a place of love. Shortly after my husband and I moved out, new tenants moved into the home. They had only lived there for about a month when the paranormal events started happening. The couple living in the basement stated that they were sleeping one night when they heard really loud footsteps heading towards their bedroom door. The footsteps were loud enough to wake them both out of a de sleep. The bedroom doors suddenly swung open, and no one was on the other side of the door. Terrified, they called my father the next day, since he still owned the home. They mentioned what had happened, and my father ended up telling them that the house was not haunted to his knowledge, and it was likely his father checking on his home. He assured them that he was a gentle, harmless man, although he could sometimes be a bit of a prankster. Shortly after this event, occurred, their pet camera picked up motion in the kitchen, along with an apparition that resembled my grandfather's figure. The tenin upstairs didn't hear footsteps, but saw an orb floating in her pet camera around her living room. This occurred on a few occasions. She only decided to check her camera since her dog appeared to be barking at nothing while moving its head around and acting quite strange. The interesting thing is that these strange events continued to occur for a while until my grandmother passed away this year. Believed that he was likely anxious about having new strange people in his home and was waiting to cross over with my grandmother. My grandparents were attached at the hip, and we believe he was there watching over her in the nursing home when decided to take a break from spooking up the tenants in the home. I will finish this off by stating that the tenants who are all previous skeptics are skeptics no more. Oh, I love that that's actually a good haunting story because it's not even really a haunting. I one hundred percent agree with this listener. I think that he loved his wife. He was worried about his home, but he was mostly worried about her, and he wanted to be there with her throughout that entire experience until she was ready to cross. And then look, all the strange stuff stopped when they both crossed over together.
Speaker 3: I love this story. There was an Indian Avatarka's name was Maha Baba, and Baba said that in addition to being the person who gave us don't worry, be happy, the other thing that I love so much that Boba said was love alone prevails. And I so believe that to be true. And I think that's exactly what this story says, is that there was such love and caring that it transcended the veil and so many other aspects of relationship and time and space. I do too.
Speaker 1: I remember one of the first readings I did, a woman came to me and her husband had passed away pretty young, in his sixties, and she was really really missing him. And when I connected with his energy, he showed me a really cool symbol. It was two paper maps on a floor of different you know, maps, different places, and he had a foot on each map, and I heard, I'm going to keep a foot in both worlds until she's ready.
Speaker 3: To join me.
Speaker 1: I know, I just really loved that idea. And then years later, I was doing a reading for a good friend.
Speaker 2: Of mine who lost her father.
Speaker 1: And I always liked to ask people like, you know, what are you doing in heaven? Where do you live? What's it look like? I always like to ask those questions. And he showed me a condo and he said, this is temporary housing until my wife can join me here. And so I just love stories like that because they remind us that love really is eternal, absolutely, and at least these prior tenants are no longer skeptics. Maybe they're listening to our show right now, deb.
Speaker 3: I hope so okay. Our next one says I was about thirteen and my friend and I were at a weekend retreat with my church. It was a camp in the Pisconnectional Forest and was lots of fun. The camp was founded in nineteen fifty two and was a fun retreat center for several years. My friend and I had spent the weekend there and it was our final night and the camp was throwing a dance in the mess hall. We'd been there a couple of hours when I needed to head back to our cabin to use the bathroom. Cab that had four rooms. One room had several bunks, which was the room in which we stayed, and the other three were smaller rooms with two or three beds. My friend and I were in very goofy moods and acting quite silly as we busted into the cabin, screaming about how badly we had to pee. My friend went to our bucks to sit and do something while I ran towards the bathroom, unbuckling my overalls and they fell to my knees as I barreled towards the bathroom, yelling I'm about to pee myself. As I ran past one of the rooms, I sent someone was in there and glanced over and saw a girl sitting on a chair crying. She looked hazy as I ran past. I immediately felt so embarrassed that I not only was acting like a wing nut and haouncing my need to pee, but that I was acting like that when someone else was clearly very sad and suffering alone in their room while a fun dance was happening. I got very quiet in the bathroom to decide if I should stop in and check on the girl. I thought it was a girl from our youth group who was typically very tough and stoic, and I was debating in my mind if I said something, if I would make it worse, or it might be just what she needed. As I quietly walked back towards my room, relying on my gut to know what to do, I was surprised to see the door now shut. I went into our bunk to tell my friend how embarrassed I was and asking if she heard anyone leave. My friend got completely freaked out and said it gave her chills. She said absolutely no one had walked out while we'd been in there. I asked her if she heard anyone crying or heard a door shut, and she hadn't. I told her I was really worried about the girl, but didn't want to embarrass her and ask her to go check on her before we left the cabin. My friend begrudgingly decided to go check. She got to the door and knocked and said hello. As she opened the door to the girl's room, to her horror, the room was completely empty. We were suddenly overwhelmed with a sense of dread and urgency to get out of that cabin. We ran out and straight to the mess hall to find the girl we thought was crying. She was happy as could be, dancing with her friends and looking very confused. When we asked if she was okay, she said, of course, what's wrong. We told her the story, and she got completely freaked out, insisting she was never in the cabin. Her friends all confirmed that she had never left the mess hall. At this point, we were anxious and still overwhelmed with a sense of urgency to get help, so we decided to talk to our camp counselors. One of the counselors, who had worked at the camp for years, went on to explain to us that the building we were in had a fire many years prior, and that a couple of campers had died in the fire. I became overwhelmed with sadness for the girl I saw crying. As we learned this, our youth advisers encouraged us to say a group prayer for the lives lost. After we did that, I was filled with a sense of peace and resolve. I wonder if that counselor made the story up about the fire, but whatever the case, I know what I saw, and I was thankful for being able to give her some comfort or peace that night despite the circumstances. Well, oh, dear, Well, One thing I really want the person who wrote this to us to know is that I don't doubt she saw the girl in the cab, And could it have been a ghost under some other circumstances, not necessarily a fire. We will never know. But what's really lovely about all of this is that whatever the reason for the apparition, the response was to send up prayers for that person, and however that was done. I think that's a lovely thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do too, because that's really what we should do at any time we see anyone in distress or stuck or crossed over.
Speaker 2: It could be a stone tape ghost too, you know. Those imprint hauntings.
Speaker 3: Could be absolutely I've certainly seen imprint hauntings in places over the years, and that Joel and I have done so.
Speaker 1: Yes, But you're absolutely right, that's the response is to just send up some prayers, all right.
Speaker 2: Our next one.
Speaker 1: Says, in the summer of twenty twenty two, my family and I thirty four of us total, traveled to Ireland for a family tour.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Forty four who organized that. Can you imagine, deb.
Speaker 3: No, I would not want to go.
Speaker 2: Do you have thirty four family members you love?
Speaker 3: Did not want to travel with one?
Speaker 1: For nights there, we stayed at Kenitty Castle. Of course, the staff talked about hauntings, so we decided to investigate. That evening, my cousin and I were walking through their events space, pretending to be real ghost hunters, said if there are any ghosts, make yourselves known. As I'm filming, you can clearly see dust flying in the air, but as soon as I say make yourself known, an orb comes flying straight to me. Unfortunately, that was our only spooky experience we caught on tape. But another creepy thing happened on that trip. All the cousins walked down a path to a ring of standing stones. My oldest sister lectured us on fairies before we went. She was very serious about our safety, to the point we had to use fake names. She said that if a fairy knows your name, they can attach to you, or something bad could happen. We had to cross a bridge over a creek to get to the stones. After investigating and not seeing anything, we went to leave, but my sister wasn't ready and called out her husband's name to ask him to wait. We reminded her about the fairies and his real name that she had just yelled. We had a good laugh and began to walk back. As we turned the corner to cross the bridge, a blo black cat was standing on the side of the bridge waiting for us. It walked us over the bridge and then went back to wait for my sister and her husband. Because she wouldn't leave until she said a Celtic prayer protection, it stayed and walked them across the bridge and then ran off into the woods. I do believe in fairies, but I'm not sure how much I believe about them attaching to people. I will say though, that out of all thirty two of us, my sister and her husband were the only two that experienced multiple flight delays on their way back to the US, followed by having to drive from New York to DC because of a canceled flight, and then both of them coming down with COVID as soon as they got home. So maybe that prayer didn't work as well as expected. What do you think about that? I love the idea of the black cat escorting them across the bridge. I was thinking something else was gonna you know, the whole myth and lore around a black cat that you and I do not ascribe to. But he was almost like a guardian.
Speaker 3: You know. Yes, fairies are mischief, and yes there are lots of stories about tricks and things that fairies pull on people, and this, that and the other. I've never heard of the need of having to use fake names. No, I've never asked for protection from fairies. But that's just me. I guess I think we'll just all coexist in harmony and it'll all be okay. In fact, even in the yard in which I used to live, I had a space in the yard that was left wild for the fairy folk. I didn't bother anything back there to leave them for them. So I don't know about that. But do I think that whatever happened in Ireland about the fairies caused what happened to the sister and the husband and their travel problems and COVID and so forth. I don't think so. I think they're not related in any way, But that's just me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know fairies can be tricksters and if you stomp on their land, all of that but I haven't heard about them attack to you, and I've only had good experiences with my little fairy tree I built in my yard for my kids. So I don't know. But it's a great story, well it is, and of course that it happened in Ireland. Of course, maybe their fairies are different there and they have different rules deep and we don't.
Speaker 3: Oh, they have more fairies, I think probably than we do. Yeah, okay, Aron. Next one says, this may not be a traditional spooky story, but I've always wondered if it could have been a visitation of some kind, and I'd really appreciate your insight. About five years ago, during the early days of the COVID pandemic, my grandmother passed away from cancer. She was the first grandparent we lost, and her passing was deeply painful to the entire family, especially for my mom. Around a month after her passing, had a vivid dream that felt incredibly real. In the dream, I was arriving at my grandparents' house, something we did often in life. We always used the back entrance, so I was walking down the driveway towards the door. On the way, I heard noises coming from the shed, so I went to check. Started calling out for my grandfather. There was no response. Then suddenly my grandmother stepped out from the shed. She looked absolutely radiant, her skin glowing a warm olive tone, just like when she was healthy, but with an added light that seemed to come from within. Her hair was long and brown, exactly how she said she wanted it. When she got better. She used to talk about getting a brown wig to match mine in my sister's I instantly knew she wasn't alive. I said to her, Nana, you're not alive. This is a dream. She looked at me and said, you need to tell your mom that I'm okay. I felt an overwhelming sense of peace and happiness in that moment, even though I was still in the dream. After she said what she needed to say, she went back to whatever she was doing, and I woke up. This dream has stuck with me ever since, and I've always wondered could this have been more than a dream? Was it possibly a visitation? My answer to that question is a resounding absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: One of the signs of a visitation dream is what she said in that last sentence. This dream has stuck with me ever since those dreams aren't dreams, they're like real visits, and you don't forget them. And so yes, I think that she was coming to simply bring that message. I'm okay, please tell your mom. That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Absolutely it is. My mom came to see me after she died, but it was in a visitation, It was not in a dream. What awakened me was the feeling of the mattress going down, like the weight of a person sitting on the edge of the bed. And when I opened my eyes, Mama was sitting on the edge of the bed, as clear as she would be, as if you were there, Samantha, and she ran her hands through my hair. I can still feel it all these years later. That felt. And she said, honey, you got to stop worrying about me. I'm okay. Those were exact words, and then she faded away. And do I believe indeed that my mama came to side on my bed and said those words to me? Absolutely? I do. Had she come like this, Gal's my grandmother had done in a dream and said what she said, would I believe that too? Absolutely I do. I hope you delivered the message to your mother.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure she did. That's so true. What a beautiful story for you to share too, Deb, Well, that was a not a very spooky story. That was a heartwarming story, and so were some of the others. How do you feel, Deb, Are you spooked out? Are you okay with these stories?
Speaker 3: I'm okay so far.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you've got planned for volume two of this episode thing going on here, but so far I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm looking at our notes of all these listener emails. We have fourteen more pages, so we're going to have to turn this into a part two. But thank you guys so much for tuning in and sharing all these wonderful stories. Please come back next week and we will share the rest of these heartwarming, spine tingling and thought pondering questions and stories you all have sent in. Have a great spooky week filled with lovely, lovely, happy visits from fairies and whatnot, things that go bump in the night, things that go bump in the night or tickle you, or just something more positive rainbows and kittens, as Dev says, have a great week. We'll be back with you soon. Be the light for yourself for the fairies, for Bigfoot and others.
Speaker 3: Ta't care everyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review Wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.